Genomes and Genes
Summary: Traumatic or other damage to teeth including fractures (TOOTH FRACTURES) or displacements (TOOTH LUXATION).
Publications210 found, 100 shown here
- The cost of treating children and adolescents with injuries to their permanent incisors at a dental hospital in the United KingdomFerranti S L Wong
Paediatric Dentistry, Department of Oral Growth and Development, Barts and The London, Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK
Dent Traumatol 20:327-33. 2004..It was concluded that the indirect cost was a considerably large proportion (39%) of the total cost. More specialists in paediatric dentistry are needed to improve access to care locally and thus reducing the indirect travelling cost...
- Correlation between socioeconomic indicators and traumatic dental injuries: a qualitative critical literature reviewCristiane B Bendo
Department of Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Dent Traumatol 25:420-5. 2009..Despite its importance, very few studies have correlated the prevalence of permanent tooth injury and socioeconomic indicators. The aim of the present study was to evaluate just such a correlation...
- Prevalence and associated factors of traumatic dental injuries in Brazilian schoolchildrenCristiane B Bendo
Department of Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
J Public Health Dent 70:313-8. 2010..This study investigated the prevalence of traumatic dental injury (TDI) and associated factors in the permanent incisors of Brazilian schoolchildren...
- Neighborhood social capital and dental injuries in Brazilian adolescentsMarcos Pascoal Pattussi
Postgraduate Program on Collective Health of the Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos, Sao Leopoldo, Brazil
Am J Public Health 96:1462-8. 2006..We investigated the association between social capital and dental injury...
- Malocclusions and traumatic injuries in disabled schoolchildren and adolescents in KuwaitM Shyama
Oral Health Services, Ministry of Health, Kuwait
Spec Care Dentist 21:104-8. 2001..13-1.26) were significant risk factors for the occurrence of traumatic injuries. We concluded that malocclusion and traumatic injuries are more prevalent among these subjects with disabilities than among the healthy population in Kuwait...
- Social deprivation and traumatic dental injuries among 14-year-old schoolchildren in Newham, LondonW Marcenes
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Royal Free and University College London Medical School and Department of Dental Public Health, St Bartholomew s, UK
Dent Traumatol 17:17-21. 2001..To assess the epidemiology of dental injuries among schoolchildren in Newham, London...
- The relationship between traumatic dental injuries and adolescents' development along the life courseBelinda Nicolau
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Royal Free and University College London Medical School, University College London, UK
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 31:306-13. 2003..Those that have, focus on risk factors at present stage of life. The contribution of risk factors for dental injuries at different stages of life needs to be investigated...
- Traumatic dental injuries among schoolchildren in Valencia, SpainMaría Faus-Damiá
Oral Medicine and Surgery, Valencia University Medical and Dental School, Valencia, Spain
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 16:e292-5. 2011..The aim of the present study was to identify some factors related to the occurrence of dental trauma in mixed and permanent dentition...
- Prevalence of oral health status in visually impaired childrenKvkk Reddy
Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, College of Dental Surgery, Saveetha University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 29:25-7. 2011..The epidemiological investigation was carried out among 228 children selected from two schools of similar socioeconomic strata in and around Chennai city...
- Aetiology and rates of treatment of traumatic dental injuries among 12-year-old school children in a town in southern BrazilJefferson Traebert
Public Health Research Group, West of Santa Catarina University, Joaçaba SC, Brazil
Dent Traumatol 22:173-8. 2006..It can be concluded that there is a great treatment need reflecting neglect of TDI treatment. The main causes of TDI were collisions and physical leisure activities...
- Mouthguards in sport activities : history, physical properties and injury prevention effectivenessJoseph J Knapik
US Army Center for Health Promotion and Preventive Medicine, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland 21010 5403, USA
Sports Med 37:117-44. 2007..Mouthguards should continue to be used in sport activities where there is significant risk of orofacial injury...
- Prevalence and correlates of traumatic injuries to the permanent teeth of schoolchildren aged 9-14 years in Belo Horizonte, BrazilM I Cortes
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Dent Traumatol 17:22-6. 2001..0 mm. Finally, children with an adequate lip coverage were 0.56 times (95% CI = 0.44-0.72) less likely to have a traumatic dental injury than those with inadequate lip coverage...
- Traumatised permanent teeth in 11-16-year-old Saudi Arabian children with a sensory impairment attending special schoolsM AlSarheed
Department of Transcultural Oral Health, Eastman Dental Institute for Oral Health Care Sciences, University College London, UK
Dent Traumatol 19:123-5. 2003..However, this was only statistically significant for HI children. Whereas a gender difference was most noticeable for the HI group, with males having higher levels of trauma, this was noticeable by its absence among VI children...
- Associations between health promoting schools' policies and indicators of oral health in BrazilSimone Tetu Moyses
Rua Silveira Peixoto, Curitiba, PR, Brazil CEP 80240 120
Health Promot Int 18:209-18. 2003..Our results suggest that some benefit can be obtained for the improvement of the oral health of children living in deprived areas if they attend supportive schools...
- Traumatic injuries to the teeth in young individuals with cerebral palsyGideon Holan
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Dental Medicine, The Hebrew University Hadassah School of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
Dent Traumatol 21:65-9. 2005..This should alert caregivers to carry out a profound investigation of the events that result in dental injuries in disabled individuals and suggest methods to reduce this type of morbidity...
- Etiology and environment of dental injuries in 12- to 14-year-old Ontario schoolchildrenKausar Sadia Fakhruddin
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Dent Traumatol 24:305-8. 2008..001) was shown between increased caries experience and dental injuries. This should focus attention on possible common-risk factors such as health-related behavioral problems that may affect both dental disease and dental injuries...
- Prevalence of dental trauma in individuals with special needsMaria Cristina Duarte Ferreira
Discipline of Dentistry, Persons with Disabilities Division, Universidade Paulista, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Dent Traumatol 27:113-6. 2011....
- Etiology of traumatic dental injuries in 11 to 13-year-old schoolchildrenJefferson Traebert
School of Dentistry, South of Santa Catarina University, Biguaçu, Brazil
Oral Health Prev Dent 1:317-23. 2003..To assess place, activities and human intention related to Traumatic Dental Injuries (TDI) events in 11 to 13-year-old schoolchildren in Biguaçu, Brazil. Also, to test the association between socio-economic status and TDI...
- Traumatic dental injuries of permanent incisors in 11- to 13-year-old South African schoolchildrenSudeshni Naidoo
Department of Community Oral Health, Faculty of Dentistry, University of the Western Cape, Tygerberg, South Africa
Dent Traumatol 25:224-8. 2009..The present study indicates that the prevalence of TDIs in schoolchildren is not as high as has been reported in other countries. The prevalence of TDIs in this population was relatively low...
- Associations between school environments and childhood traumatic dental injuriesPeerasak Malikaew
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, London, UK
Oral Health Prev Dent 1:255-66. 2003..To assess the associations between social and physical school environments and the prevalence of traumatic dental injuries (TDI) in 12-year-old children in Thailand...
- Incidence of dental trauma among adolescents: a prospective cohort studyMaria Leticia Ramos-Jorge
Federal University of Santa Catarina, Florianopolis, Brazil
Dent Traumatol 24:159-63. 2008..A notable difference was observed regarding the incidence of TDI between the case and control groups. Individuals with previous dental trauma had greater chances of developing develop further dental trauma in a 2-year follow-up...
- Scale of protection and the various types of sports mouthguardD G Patrick
University of Sheffield, Department of Oral Health and Development, School of Clinical Dentistry, Claremont Crescent, Sheffield S10 2TA, UK
Br J Sports Med 39:278-81. 2005..To present a grading system of the protection offered by various types of mouthguard, together with an indication of associated risks, in order to make athletes aware of the consequences of improper or no mouth protection...
- Dental and oral trauma and mouthguard use during sport activities in IsraelLiran Levin
Department of Restorative Dentistry, The Maurice and Gabriela Goldschleger School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Dent Traumatol 19:237-42. 2003..It should be a combined duty of dentists and sports physicians and of the coaches to encourage the use of protective devices during training and games...
- Sports dentistry and dental traumatologyDennis N Ranalli
School of Dental Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Dent Traumatol 18:231-6. 2002....
- Impact of treated and untreated dental injuries on the quality of life of Ontario school childrenKausar Sadia Fakhruddin
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Dent Traumatol 24:309-13. 2008..Restoration of injured teeth improved aesthetics and social interactions but functional deficiencies persisted as a result of periodontal or pulpal pain...
- Epidemiology of traumatic injuries to the permanent incisors of 9-12-year-old schoolchildren in Damascus, SyriaW Marcenes
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London Medical School, UK
Endod Dent Traumatol 15:117-23. 1999..5%), followed by traffic accidents (24.1%), collisions with people or inanimate objects (16.0%) and falls (9.1%). In conclusion, traumatic dental injury may pose a serious dental public health problem...
- Prevalence and factors associated to dental trauma in infants 1-3 years of ageKelly Oliva Jorge
Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Dent Traumatol 25:185-9. 2009..Children from families with high social vulnerability (worse living conditions) had a 1.51 (95% confidence interval 1.0-2.2) greater chance of exhibiting TDI. These results can help guide the implementation of health promotion policies...
- Disparities in oral health-related quality of life in a population of Canadian childrenDavid Locker
Community Dental Health Services Research Unit, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 35:348-56. 2007..To assess socioeconomic disparities in the oral health-related quality of life in a group of Canadian children...
- Predisposing factors for traumatic dental injuries in Brazilian preschool childrenC M Viegas
Department of Paediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Eur J Paediatr Dent 11:59-65. 2010..The aim of the present study was to assess the prevalence of traumatic dental injury (TDI) in primary teeth and determine predisposing factors...
- Primary tooth injuries in Norwegian children (1-8 years)Anne Berit Skaare
Department of Pediatric Dentistry and Behavioural Science, Institute of Clinical Dentistry, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Dent Traumatol 21:315-9. 2005..5% and 5% of the injured teeth. Most of the injuries occurred either at home (38%) or at kindergarten (32%). Sixty-two percentage were falling accidents often sustained during children's play, and 25% were pure playing accidents...
- Spatial analysis of dental trauma in 12-year-old schoolchildren in Curitiba, BrazilSimone Tetu Moyses
Pontifical Catholic University of Parana, Curitiba, Brazil
Dent Traumatol 24:449-53. 2008....
- Level of information concerning dental injuries and their prevention in Swiss basketball--a survey among players and coachesSandra Perunski
Department of Oral Surgery, Oral Radiology and Oral Medicine, University of Basle, Basle, Switzerland
Dent Traumatol 21:195-200. 2005..The results of the survey show that significantly more information and education is required in Swiss basketball not only through sports associations but also through coaches and dentists...
- Traumatic dental injuries in adolescents from a town in southern Brazil: a cohort studyRodrigo Cecconello
Universidade do Oeste de Santa Catarina UNOESC, Joacaba, SC, Brazil
Oral Health Prev Dent 5:321-6. 2007..To estimate the incidence of traumatic dental injuries (TDI) and determining risk factors in adolescents in Luzerna, Brazil, over a period of three years...
- Oral and dental conditions presenting to medical practitioners in Trinidad and TobagoR S Naidu
School of Dentistry, Faculty of Medical Sciences, The University of the West Indies, Mount Hope, Trinidad, West Indies
Int Dent J 58:194-8. 2008..To describe the type and frequency of oral and dental conditions presenting to medical practitioners in Trinidad and Tobago, type of management, and interest in continuing education in oral diseases...
- Prevalence and factors associated with traumatic dental injuries (TDI) to anterior teeth of 11-13 year old Thai childrenPeerasak Malikaew
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College Medical School, University College London, 1 19 Torrington Place, London
Community Dent Health 23:222-7. 2006..The objective was to assess the prevalence and factors associated with Traumatic Dental Injuries (TDI) to anterior teeth of 11-13 year old Thai children...
- Mouthguard utilization rates during sport activities in Ankara, TurkeyTugba Cetinbas
Department of Pedodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
Dent Traumatol 22:127-32. 2006..The results show that in Turkey, the use of mouthguards has not become widespread in sports. It can be concluded that regular mouthguard use in sports should be encouraged in Turkey...
- Intra-urban differentials in child dental trauma in relation to healthy cities policies in Curitiba, BrazilSamuel Jorge Moysés
Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Parana, Rua Silveira Peixoto, 1062 ap 191, Curitiba, PR, CEP 80240 120, Brazil
Health Place 12:48-64. 2006..Rank correlation indicated that the relationship between components' scores and dental trauma was statistically significant. The PCA scores explained 42% of the variance for dental trauma...
- Dental trauma that require fixation in a children's hospitalTimothy Bruns
Department of Dental Medicine, Women and Children s Hospital of Buffalo, 219 Bryant Street, Buffalo, NY 14222, USA
Dent Traumatol 24:59-64. 2008..The 173 permanent tooth injuries were mostly luxations (62%) or avulsions (20%), with only a few fractures of the alveolar bone (5%) or tooth ..
- Do our children play safe?Naveen Kumar Ramagoni
Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Children Dentistry, A B Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences, Deralakatte, Mangalore, Karnataka, India
J Clin Pediatr Dent 31:160-3. 2007..The knowledge regarding protective devices was found to be minimal. Majority of the children were aware of mouthguards but their usage was nil...
- Children, sports injuries & mouthguardsMelvin M H Choy
Academy for Sports Dentistry
Hawaii Dent J 37:11-3. 2006..Safe sports participation should be the goal of any sports program and the dental profession should enthusiastically work to achieve this goal in every community...
- Developmental disturbance of maxillary lateral incisor after traumaSinan Tozoglu
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, Ataturk University, Erzurum, Turkey
Dent Traumatol 23:85-6. 2007..The purpose of this paper is to report a developmental disturbance of a permanent right maxillary lateral incisor in a 12-year-old girl with a history of trauma at an early age...
- [Use of osteoconductive materials in pediatric dental medicine]Rita G E C Cauwels
Cliniques Universitaires de Gand
Rev Belge Med Dent (1984) 59:203-14. 2004..These clinical findings support the use of osteoconductive agents in the field of Paediatric Dentistry in well-defined indications...
- Properly fitted custom-made mouthguardsHoward H Chi
Department of Dental Practice, University of the Pacific Arthur A Dugoni, School of Dentistry, San Francisco, California, USA
Compend Contin Educ Dent 28:36-40; quiz 41-2. 2007..This article will review reasons athletes prefer not to wear mouthguards and advantages of a custom-made mouthguard, as well as describe a process to fabricate a custom-made mouthguard...
- Orofacial/cerebral injuries and the use of mouthguards by professional athletes in SwitzerlandOlivier Lieger
Department of Oral Surgery and Stomatology, School of Dental Medicine University of Berne, Switzerland
Dent Traumatol 22:1-6. 2006..Doctors and dentists need to recommend a more intensive education of students in sports medicine and sports dentistry, and to increase their willingness to become a team dentist...
- Traumatic intrusion of permanent teeth. Part 1. An epidemiological study of 216 intruded permanent teethJens Ove Andreasen
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Hospital Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Dent Traumatol 22:83-9. 2006..5%), and no pain to percussion (66%) was reasonably high, whereas a radiographic feature such as the obliteration of the periodontal ligament space appeared to be only a partly reliable diagnostic tool (52%)...
- [Assessment of traumatic tooth injuries in the emergency room]Helge Risheim
Kjeve ansiktskirurgisk avdeling, Ulleval universitetssykehus, 0407 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 126:1212-3. 2006..If this is not feasible the tooth should be stored in milk, saliva (oral cavity) or physiologic saline until replanted. Primary teeth are not replanted...
- Dilacerated unerupted central incisor: A case reportA Agnihotri
Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, Govt Dental College, Rohtak, Haryana, India
J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 24:152-4. 2006..It is advisable to keep these patients under observation post-trauma and to consult an orthodontist at an early stage to prevent unfavorable sequelae. Presented here is a typical case of dilaceration...
- Clinical investigation of traumatic injuries in Yeditepe University, Turkey during the last 3 yearsNuket Sandalli
Department of Pedodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Yeditepe University, Istanbul, Turkey
Dent Traumatol 21:188-94. 2005..The correct diagnosis of dental injuries is more important for eliminating the occurrence of complications...
- A retrospective assessment of zinc oxide-eugenol pulpectomies in vital maxillary primary incisors successfully restored with composite resin crownsRobert E Primosch
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, University of Florida College of Dentistry, Gainesville, Fla, USA
Pediatr Dent 27:470-7. 2005....
- Attitudes of Central Collegiate Hockey Association ice hockey players toward athletic mouthguard usageDavid C Berry
Salem State College, Sport, Fitness, and Leisure Studies, 352 Lafayette St, Salem, MA 01970, USA
J Public Health Dent 65:71-5. 2005....
- Oro-facial injuries in Central American and Caribbean sports games: a 20-year experienceEnrique Amy
Department of Physical Medicine, Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico
Dent Traumatol 21:127-30. 2005..The most frequent injury was lip contusion with four cases and the sport that experienced more injuries was basketball with three cases...
- Dental trauma and its association with anatomic, behavioral, and social variables among fifth and sixth grade schoolchildren in JerusalemHarold D Sgan-Cohen
Department of Community Dentistry, Hebrew University Hadassah School of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 33:174-80. 2005..With the decrease in dental caries prevalence, public health should place emphasis on other dental diseases. Dental trauma is an irreversible pathology which after occurrence is characterized by life-long debilitating effects...
- [Sequelae of dental trauma: forensic medical aspects]D Cantaloube
Stomatologiste, Clinique Milan, 17, rue Milan, 75009 Paris, France
Rev Stomatol Chir Maxillofac 107:294-302. 2006..The medical expert should provide advice and counselling both for the patient and the mandating authority. In this article, iatrogenic dental accidents occurring during anesthesia or extraction will not be discussed...
- Surgical repositioning of a developing maxillary permanent central incisor in a horizontal position: spontaneous eruption and root formationKazuto Kuroe
Department of Orthodontics, Kagoshima University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Japan
Eur J Orthod 28:206-9. 2006..This method of surgical repositioning is a viable alternative to the traditional approach of extraction or surgical exposure followed by orthodontic traction for a developing maxillary permanent central incisor in a horizontal position...
- Displacement and pulpal involvement of a maxillary incisor associated with a talon cusp: report of a caseMyriam Maroto
Pediatric Dentistry Attention Program, School of Dentistry, Complutense University of Madrid UCM, Madrid, Spain
Dent Traumatol 22:160-4. 2006..The management of this tooth included caries removal and reduction of the cusp. Pulp-capping with calcium hydroxide was required because of the presence of pulp horn extensions in the talon cusp...
- Dental injuries in sportsDennis N Ranalli
University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine, 440 Salk Hall, 3501 Terrace Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Curr Sports Med Rep 4:12-7. 2005..Use of properly fitted, custom-fabricated athletic mouth guards for the prevention of dental injuries is recommended strongly, as is the inclusion of a dentist on the sports medicine team roster...
- Traumatic intrusion of permanent teeth. Part 2. A clinical study of the effect of preinjury and injury factors, such as sex, age, stage of root development, tooth location, and extent of injury including number of intruded teeth on 140 intruded permanent Jens Ove Andreasen
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Hospital Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Dent Traumatol 22:90-8. 2006..A possible explanation for that could be the softer bone surrounding the tooth, whereby trauma to the periodontium might be diminished...
- A comparison of the attitudes and beliefs of professional rugby players from one club and parents of children playing rugby at an adjacent amateur club to the wearing of mouthguardsMahua Chatterjee
Department of Orthodontics, Royal London Hospital, London, UK
Prim Dent Care 14:111-6. 2007....
- Traumatic dental injuries in Brazilian preschool childrenPaulo Floriani Kramer
Pediatric Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo USP, SP, Brazil
Dent Traumatol 19:299-303. 2003..Furthermore, parents and educators should be advised about prevention of traumatic injuries and actions to be taken in case of an accident...
- Development of odontoma-like malformation in the permanent dentition caused by intrusion of primary incisor--a case reportIlanit Shaked
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, The Maurice and Gabriela Goldschleger School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Dent Traumatol 24:e395-7. 2008..This case describes a very rare complication of intrusion of primary incisors and emphasizes the importance of follow up until eruption of the corresponding permanent teeth...
- Transplantation of a lower bicuspid after traumatic loss of three upper incisorsMatthias Kalwitzki
Department of Orthodontics, University of Tubingen, Germany
J Orofac Orthop 64:57-66. 2003..Prosthodontic and orthodontic procedures have been described for the treatment of patients with traumatic loss of teeth...
- Tooth transplantation after dental injury sequelae in childrenJaime Andrés Díaz
Dental Department, Faculty of Medicine, University of La Frontera, and Dental Service, Regional Clinical Hospital, Temuco, Chile
Dent Traumatol 24:320-7. 2008..None of transplanted teeth developed replacement resorption or ankylosis. In this 27-month follow-up period, the survival rate was 100%, regarding aesthetics, function, clinical appearance, and radiographic image of alveolar process...
- Are all mouthguards the same and safe to use? Part 2. The influence of anterior occlusion against a direct impact on maxillary incisorsTomotaka Takeda
Department of Sports Dentistry, Tokyo Dental College, Chiba, Japan
Dent Traumatol 24:360-5. 2008..The results of this research should further contribute to the establishment of guidelines for safer mouthguards...
- Facial and oral injuries in Brazilian children aged 5-17 years: 5-year reviewA L Cavalcanti
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, State University of Paraiba, Paraiba, Brazil
Eur Arch Paediatr Dent 9:102-4. 2008..This was to assess causes of maxillofacial trauma using a retrospective study in Paraiba, Brazil...
- Treatment time of traumatic dental injuries in a cohort of 16-year-olds in northern SwedenEva Borssén
Department of Odontology, Umea University, Sweden
Acta Odontol Scand 60:265-70. 2002..Treatment time was not dependent on where the clinic was located or on gender of the injured child. Different diagnoses could explain 33% of the variation in treatment time in the permanent dentition...
- A survey of dental and oral trauma in south-east Queensland during 1998E B Wood
School of Dentistry, The University of Queensland, Brisbane
Aust Dent J 47:142-6. 2002..This project investigated the aetiology of dental and oral trauma in a population in south-east Queensland. The literature shows there is a lack of dental trauma studies which are representative of the general Australian population...
- Effect of treatment delay upon pulp and periodontal healing of traumatic dental injuries -- a review articleJ O Andreasen
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Hospital, Rigshospitalet, Denmark
Dent Traumatol 18:116-28. 2002..These treatment guidelines are based on very limited evidence from the literature and should be revised as soon as more evidence about the effect of treatment delay becomes available...
- Management of subluxation injury in a thumb-sucking child: a case reportBerna Celik
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Dent Traumatol 24:e20-3. 2008..The treatment not only allowed for complete healing of the subluxated incisor without being exposed to further trauma, but also for spontaneous eruption of the tooth and closure of the existing open-bite...
- Causes and prevalence of traumatic injuries to the permanent incisors of school children aged 10-14 years in Maseru, LesothoH Lin
Department of Community Oral Health, University of Western Cape, Tygerberg
SADJ 63:152, 154-6. 2008....
- The diagnostic value of lateral extraoral radiography for intruded maxillary primary incisorsGideon Holan
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, The Hebrew University, Hadassah School of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
Pediatr Dent 24:38-42. 2002..The purpose of the study was to assess the contribution of a lateral extraoral radiograph for diagnosing the relation between the root of intruded maxillary primary incisors and their permanent successors...
- [Custom-made mouthguards and prevention of orofacial injuries in sports]Tomislav Badel
Zavod za stomatolosku protetiku, Stomatoloski fakultet, Sveuciliste u Zagrebu, Zagreb, Hrvatska
Acta Med Croatica 61:9-14. 2007....
- Traumatic dental injuries in children presenting for treatment at the Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Jordan, 1997-2000Lamis D Rajab
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan
Dent Traumatol 19:6-11. 2003..Furthermore, improving the knowledge of dental practitioners through continuing education would also help in minimizing sequelae of traumatic dental injuries...
- Traumatic injuries in the primary dentitionMarie Therese Flores
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Valparaiso, Valparaiso, Chile
Dent Traumatol 18:287-98. 2002..Pain control, the dentist's ability to cope with the child's anxiety, and follow-up instructions in oral hygiene techniques will allow many primary teeth that are currently lost at the time of injury to be saved...
- Management of dentoalveolar injuries in children: a case reportU M Das
Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, VS Dental College and Hospital, KR Road, VV Puram, Bangalore 560 004, Karnataka, India
J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 25:183-6. 2007....
- Risk factors for traumatic dental injuries in an adolescent male population in IndiaPavan Baldava
Department of Public Health Dentistry, S B Patil Dental College and Hospital, Bidar, India
J Contemp Dent Pract 8:35-42. 2007....
- Type of treatment, prognosis, and estimation of time spent to manage dental trauma in late presentation cases at a dental teaching hospital: a longitudinal and retrospective studySuhad H Al-Jundi
Preventive Dentistry Department, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan
Dent Traumatol 20:1-5. 2004....
- Trauma to the primary dentitionKevin L Haney
J Okla Dent Assoc 99:42-4. 2007..Where avulsions have occurred, the old adage "when in doubt, leave it out" is still perhaps the most reliable advice...
- The incidence and severity of dental trauma in intercollegiate athletesNestor Cohenca
Department of Endodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Washington, P O Box 357448, Seattle, Wash 98195 7448, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 138:1121-6. 2007..The use of protective devices such as mouthguards during participation in contact sports may be effective in reducing the incidence or severity of dental injuries...
- Mouthguard protection and sports-related dental traumaDanny Low
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Ann R Australas Coll Dent Surg 16:153-5. 2002....
- Prevention of traumatic dental lesions: cognitive research on the role of mouthguards during sport activities in paediatric ageE Spinas
University of Cagliari, Department of Dentistry, Cagliari
Eur J Paediatr Dent 8:193-8. 2007..Different oral protection devices will be illustrated, and among them the types more suitable for the investigated age group...
- Focus Award 2003 for excellence in children's dental careNaomi Davis
Br Dent J 196:54-5. 2004
- Traumatic injuries to permanent anterior teeth among 12-year-old schoolchildren in JordanMahmoud A M Hamdan
Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Jordan, Amman
Community Dent Health 20:89-93. 2003..To assess the prevalence and related factors of incisor trauma among 12-year-old Jordanian schoolchildren...
- Dental and maxillofacial skeletal injuries seen at the University of Otago School of Dentistry, New Zealand 2000-2004Robert M Love
Department of Oral Diagnostic and Surgical Sciences, University of Otago School of Dentistry, Dunedin, New Zealand
Dent Traumatol 24:170-6. 2008..A total of 1287 patients were seen for dental injuries with 3473 tooth injuries. The mean age was 17.48 +/- 13...
- Oro-facial injuries and mouthguard use in elite female field hockey playersKate Hendrick
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dental Sciences, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Dent Traumatol 24:189-92. 2008....
- Long-term observation of endodontic surgical intervention to treat root perforation and apical periodontitis: a case report of an amalgam-restored toothTamotsu Tsurumachi
Department of Endodontics, Division of Advanced Dental Treatment, Nihon University School of Dentistry, Tokyo, Japan
Quintessence Int 34:674-7. 2003..A 10-year follow-up clinical and radiographic examination showed an asymptomatic tooth with osseous healing proceeding...
- Traumatic dental injuries and Alpine skiingR Gassner
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Preventive and Restorative Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine, University of Innsbruck, Austria
Endod Dent Traumatol 16:122-7. 2000..Luxation injuries occurred in 338 (53%) teeth, fractures accounted for 270 tooth injuries (42%), and only 35 (5%) were lost at the place of the accident...
- Epidemiological, clinical, and forensic aspects of chainsaw, circular saw, and grinding saw injuries in the maxillofacial regionVitomir S Konstantinovic
Clinic of Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia
J Craniofac Surg 21:1029-32. 2010..To avoid these types of injuries, users should be carefully instructed, and attention should be paid to the use of accurately guarded saws and appropriate safety equipment...
- Crown and crown-root fractures: an evaluation of the treatment plans for management proposed by 154 specialists in restorative dentistryMara Antonio Monteiro de Castro
Department of Surgery and Integrated Clinics, Araçatuba Dental School, Univ Estadual Paulista UNESP, Aracatuba, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Dent Traumatol 26:236-42. 2010Traumatic tooth injuries involve function and aesthetics and cause damage that range from minimal enamel loss to complex fractures involving the pulp tissue and even loss of the tooth crown...
- Attitude of Pilsen primary school teachers in dental traumasVasileios Tzigkounakis
Dentistry Department of Medical Faculty and Faculty Hospital in Pilsen, Plzen, Czech Republic
Dent Traumatol 24:528-31. 2008..Prevention of tooth injuries is very important, as they may result even in tooth loss...
- [Frequency and nature of anterior tooth injuries and the use of mouth protectors in sports clubs in Bern]Jörg D Tschan
Klinik für Oralchirurgie und Stomatologie, Zahnmedizinische Kliniken der Universität Bern, Schweiz
Schweiz Monatsschr Zahnmed 113:20-6. 2003b>Tooth injuries are frequently associated with sports injuries. Most of them could be minimized or prevented by the use of a mouthguard...
- Direct and indirect costs of dental trauma in Sweden: a 2-year prospective study of children and adolescentsU Glendor
Unit of Community Dentistry, Centre for Public Health Sciences, Linkoping, Sweden
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 29:150-60. 2001....
- Injuries in little league baseball from 1987 through 1996: implications for preventionF O Mueller
Department of Exercise and Sport Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, 27599 8700, USA
Phys Sportsmed 29:41-8. 2001..Baseball is a very popular team sport in the United States, but there has been concern with the number of injuries and fatalities...
- Consumer product-related tooth injuries treated in hospital emergency rooms: United States, 1979-87M Bhat
Epidemiology and Oral Disease Prevention Program, National Institute of Dental Research, Bethesda, MD 20892
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 18:133-8. 1990..Over 75% of such episodes occurred in persons under 15 yr of age. Over 60% of the tooth injuries in such episodes could be crudely classified into the following types by descending rank order: avulsed-, ..
- A multicentre investigation into the role of structured histories for patients with tooth avulsion at their initial visit to a dental hospitalPeter F Day
Division of Child Dental Health, Leeds Dental Institute, Leeds LS2 9LU, UK
Dent Traumatol 19:243-7. 2003..001), loss of consciousness (P < 0.001), other teeth or tooth injuries (P < 0.05), extra-alveolar mediums (P < 0.01), total extra-alveolar time (P < 0...
- Direct and indirect time spent on care of dental trauma: a 2-year prospective study of children and adolescentsU Glendor
Unit of Community Dentistry, Centre for Public Health Sciences, SE 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Endod Dent Traumatol 16:16-23. 2000..Lack of access could extend the average transport time by 180% (95% CI, 80-335) for patients and 163% (95% CI, 67-317) for their companions in cases of injuries to primary teeth...
- Tooth crown fractures in 3-year-old Andalusian childrenJuan José Segura
Department of Comprehensive Dentistry, University of Seville, Spain
J Dent Child (Chic) 70:55-7. 2003..The purpose of this study was to determine the prevalence of tooth crown fractures affecting primary incisors of 3-year-old Andalusian children...
- A critical evaluation of meta-analyses in orthodonticsMoschos A Papadopoulos
Department of Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 131:589-99. 2007..The aim of this systematic review was to investigate the topics in orthodontics that currently provide the best evidence, as documented by meta-analyses, by critically evaluating and discussing the methodologies used in these studies...
- [A tooth located in a mandibular fracture line. Treatment by oral- and maxillofacial surgeons in The Netherlands]E L Donker
Universitair Medisch Centrum St Radboud, Nijmegen
Ned Tijdschr Tandheelkd 115:244-50. 2008....
- A retrospective classification of tooth injuries using a new scoring systemA Filippi
Department of Oral Surgery, University of Bern, Freiburgstrasse 7, 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Clin Oral Investig 4:173-5. 2000..A new scoring system will now enable more precise and complete diagnosis of tooth injuries. In an initial retrospective investigation, 100 traumatised teeth were classified according to the WHO and the ..
- Criteria for management of calcific metamorphosis: review with a case reportV Gopikrishna
Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Meenaski Ammal Dental College and Hospital, Chennai 600 095
Indian J Dent Res 15:54-7. 2004Calcific metamorphosis is seen commonly in the dental pulp after traumatic tooth injuries and is characterized by deposition of hard tissue within the root canal space...
- The prevalence and treatment outcomes of primary tooth injuriesVolkan Arikan
Ankara University, Faculty of Dentistry, Department of Pedodontics, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Dent 4:447-53. 2010The aim of the present study was to evaluate the type and prevalence of primary tooth injuries, as well as their treatment and treatment outcomes, among children referred to the Department of Pedodontics at the Ankara University Faculty ..
- FAILURE ANALYSIS OF DENTAL RESTORATIONSJanet Quinn; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- DISTRIBUTION AND ULTRASTRUCTURE OF DENTAL INNERVATIONMARGARET BYERS; Fiscal Year: 2003..Our goal is to understand neuroinflammatory interactions in inflamed teeth in order to develop better treatments for dental pain. ..
- CA CHANNELS IN TRIGEMINAL NEUROPATHIC PLASTICITY & PAINRuth Westenbroek; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Oral Health Status and Habits of Young Children with Developmental DelayCharlotte Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A pilot study for oral health case management of children with orofacial cleftsCharlotte Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Unified Surgical Instrument System for Periodontal Minimally Invasive SurgerySTEPHEN HARREL; Fiscal Year: 2007..The resulting system, based on the surgical consultants evaluations and scores, will be used in a Phase 2 multicenter controlled clinical evaluation of MIS. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Basal ganglia modulation of trigeminal intralaminar nuclei thalamic activityEric Chudler; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will help explain the complex sensory symptoms exhibited by patients with PD and may suggest new treatment strategies to alleviate such pain. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Patient Visits to Physician Offices and/or Emergency Rooms for Dental ProblemsLeonard Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2007..These issues will grow in importance with the aging of the population, as elderly individuals, in general, are more likely to visit a physician than a dentist. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Examining Disparities in Child Dental MedicaidJessica Lee; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will also examine quality performance measures as established by the NCQA expert panel. ..
- Toothache Pain: Sources of Care and Self-RemediesLeonard Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2005..The instrument will be pretested on poor White, Black, Hispanic subjects (both individuals who sought relief from dentists and those who did not) who have experienced toothache pain during the preceding six months. ..
- Primary Care Provider and Preventive Oral HealthCharlotte Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition, this career development award is expected to provide to Dr. Lewis the didactic and experiential training necessary to become an independent clinical investigator focusing on pediatric and dental health services research. ..
- INTERNET NEUROSCIENCE RESOURCE - PHASE IIEric Chudler; Fiscal Year: 2002..An Internet version of the Neuroscience Resource will continue to be available. An on-line survey and analysis of daily use log files will determine how the Internet Neuroscience Resource is utilized. ..
- Dental Care in Children With and Without Special Health Care NeedsCharlotte Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, we hypothesize that CSHCN will require relatively more restorative dental care and thus have higher dental expenditures per dental visit and overall than children without special needs. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..