Genomes and Genes
Summary: An extra tooth, erupted or unerupted, resembling or unlike the other teeth in the group to which it belongs. Its presence may cause malposition of adjacent teeth or prevent their eruption.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications232 found, 100 shown here
- Mesiodens--diagnosis and management of a common supernumerary toothKathleen A Russell
Division of Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Can Dent Assoc 69:362-6. 2003..This paper outlines the causes and modes of presentation of mesiodentes, and presents guidelines for diagnosis and management of nonsyndromic mesiodentes...
- Apc inhibition of Wnt signaling regulates supernumerary tooth formation during embryogenesis and throughout adulthoodXiu Ping Wang
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Development 136:1939-49. 2009..Apc function or the constitutive activation of beta-catenin in embryonic mouse oral epithelium results in supernumerary tooth formation, but the underlying mechanisms and whether adult tissues retain this potential are unknown...
- Effectiveness of impacted and supernumerary tooth diagnosis from traditional radiography versus cone beam computed tomographyBinita C Katheria
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, Texas, USA
Pediatr Dent 32:304-9. 2010..The purpose of this study was to determine if cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) is more effective than traditional radiography (TR) in diagnosing pediatric dental clinical cases involving impacted and supernumerary teeth...
- A late developing mandibular premolar supernumerary toothN Gibson
Oral Maxillofacial Department, Torbay Hospital, Torquay, UK
Aust Dent J 46:51-2. 2001This paper presents a case of a patient who developed a mandibular premolar supernumerary tooth between the age of 11 and 20 years. Evidence for the late development of the supernumerary tooth comes from consecutive panoramic radiographs...
- Enhanced BMP signaling results in supernumerary tooth formation in USAG-1 deficient mouseAkiko Murashima-Suginami
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Shogoin Kawahara cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 369:1012-6. 2008..Inhibition of BMP signaling rescues supernumerary tooth formation in E15 incisor explant culture...
- Rudiment incisors survive and erupt as supernumerary teeth as a result of USAG-1 abrogationAkiko Murashima-Suginami
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 359:549-55. 2007..USAG-1 abrogation rescued apoptotic elimination of odontogenic mesenchymal cells. Based upon these results, we conclude that USAG-1 controls the number of teeth in the maxillary incisor region by regulating apoptosis...
- Diversity of supernumerary tooth formation in siblings with cleidocranial dysplasia having identical mutation in RUNX2 : possible involvement of non-genetic or epigenetic regulationN Suda
Department of Maxillofacial Reconstruction and Function, Division of Maxillofacial Neck Reconstruction, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Orthod Craniofac Res 10:222-5. 2007..Intrafamilial variations of skeletal abnormalities are reported but those of dental abnormalities are obscure. To clarify this point, a precise examination of the dental features of CCD siblings having identical mutation was performed...
- Impaction of mandibular molar by supernumerary tooth: case reportFrancinne Miranda Rosa
The Lutheran University of Brazil, Canoas, RS, Brazil
J Dent Child (Chic) 75:181-4. 2008..Treatment consisted of surgical removal of the supernumerary tooth and case follow-up until the permanent molar's eruption, which occurred in 13 months...
- Comprehensive therapy of a fusion between a mandibular lateral incisor and supernumerary tooth: case reportOzant Oncag
Ege University, Faculty of Dentistry, Department of Pedodontics, Bornova lzmir, Turkey
Int Dent J 55:213-6. 2005..A diagnosis of chronic periapical abscess of the supernumerary tooth was made...
- Management of a supernumerary tooth fused to a permanent maxillary central incisorKeiichiro Tsujino
Department of Clinical Oral Health Science, Division of Pediatric Dentistry, Tokyo Dental College, Tokyo, Japan
Pediatr Dent 32:185-8. 2010A supernumerary tooth fused to a normal tooth often causes malocclusion and esthetic problems because of malformation and large crown...
- Endodontic treatment of a supernumerary tooth fused to a mandibular second molar: a case reportJamileh Ghoddusi
Department of Endodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Mashad University of Medical Sciences, Iran
J Oral Sci 48:39-41. 2006..In this paper we report a rare case of a fused molar and supernumerary tooth and describe its management. Caries was removed from the tooth complex under local anesthesia...
- Endodontic management of a fused maxillary lateral incisor with a supernumerary tooth: a case reportR Indra
Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Ragas Dental College and Hospital, Tamilnadu, India
J Endod 32:1217-9. 2006..This case report discusses the endodontic and esthetic management of fused maxillary lateral incisor with a supernumerary tooth that presented with spacing between the fused tooth and the adjacent central incisor...
- Isolation and characterization of dental pulp stem cells from a supernumerary toothAnderson Hsien Cheng Huang
Grace Dental Clinic, School of Dentistry, Kaosiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Oral Pathol Med 37:571-4. 2008..The aim of this study is to present a novel approach of harvesting stem cells from a supernumerary tooth (a mesiodens).
- Phylogenetic memory of developing mammalian dentitionRenata Peterkova
Department of Teratology, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Academy of Sciences CR, 142 20 Prague, Czech Republic
J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol 306:234-50. 2006....
- Supernumerary tooth in the primary molar region: a case reportTakehiko Shimizu
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo, Matsudo, Japan
J Dent Child (Chic) 74:151-3. 2007..The purpose of this paper was to report a case diagnosed with primary supernumerary tooth in the primary second molar region...
- Mandibular midline supernumerary tooth: a case reportS A Sharma
Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, Government Dental College and Hosptal, Rohtak, Haryana, India
J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 19:143-4. 2001Occurrence of a supernumerary tooth in the mandibular incisor region is uncommon. This report describes a rare case of mandibular midline supernumerary tooth causing crowding in the anterior region. The supernumerary tooth was extracted.
- Impacted lower third molar fused with a supernumerary tooth--diagnosis and treatment planning using cone-beam computed tomographyOsny Ferreira-Junior
Department of Stomatology, Dental School of Bauru, University of Sao Paulo, Bauru, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Oral Sci 1:224-8. 2009This paper reported a case of fusion between an impacted third molar and a supernumerary tooth, in which a surgical intervention was carried out, with the objective of removing the dental elements...
- Endodontic and esthetic management of maxillary lateral incisor fused to a supernumerary tooth associated with a talon cusp by using spiral computed tomography as a diagnostic aid: a case reportKavita Rani A
Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Rural Dental College, Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences, Loni BK, Maharashtra, India
J Endod 36:345-9. 2010..report is to present an endodontically and esthetically managed maxillary left lateral incisor fused to a supernumerary tooth associated with a talon cusp...
- The treatment of fusion and supernumerary maxillary central incisors: a case reportAntonio Mancuso
Gen Dent 51:343-5. 2003..This article describes a case in which one individual was diagnosed with both a supernumerary maxillary central incisor and fusion of a maxillary central incisor...
- Supernumerary and supplemental teeth: case reportG Lo Giudice
Department of Dentistry, University of Messina, Italy
Eur J Paediatr Dent 9:97-101. 2008..The anomaly was analysed to plan the best surgical and orthodontic treatments...
- Mesiodens in primary, mixed and permanent dentitions: a clinical and radiographic studyNazan Kocatas Ersin
Ege University Dental Faculty, Department of Pedodontics, 35100 Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
J Clin Pediatr Dent 28:295-8. 2004The term mesiodens refers to a supernumerary tooth located between the maxillary central incisors. The aim of the study was to investigate the characteristics of mesiodens among children in Turkey...
- Delayed eruption of maxillary permanent central incisors as a consequence of mesiodens: a surgical re-treatment approachRenata Simões Moraes
Department of Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Clin Pediatr Dent 28:195-8. 2004....
- Multidisciplinary treatment of "twinned" permanent teeth: two case reportsSeniz Karacay
Department of Orthodontics, Gulhane Military Medical Academy Center of Dental Sciences, Ankara, Turkey
J Dent Child (Chic) 71:80-6. 2004..The twinned tooth was hemisected and the other supernumerary tooth was extracted...
- Dental abnormalities in permanent dentition in children with submucous cleft palateArja Heliövaara
Cleft Center, Department of Plastic Surgery, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Acta Odontol Scand 62:129-31. 2004..As children with submucous cleft palate have a tendency towards increased frequency of missing teeth and other dental abnormalities, the need for thorough clinical and radiological dental examination is emphasized...
- Management of supplemental permanent maxillary lateral incisors in association with talon cusp on the primary predecessors: a report of 3 casesChun Kei Lee
Ha Kwai Chung School Dental Clinic, Department of Health, HKSAR Government, Hong Kong, China
J Dent Child (Chic) 75:59-63. 2008..in primary maxillary lateral incisors reported in the dental literature, however, one was associated with a supernumerary tooth and 3 with supplemental permanent successors...
- Endodontic and orthodontic treatment of a cross-bite fused maxillary lateral incisorT Tsurumachi
Department of Endodontics, Division of Advanced Dental Treatment, Nihon University School of Dentistry, Tokyo, Japan
Int Endod J 36:135-42. 2003..To describe combined endodontic and orthodontic treatment of a maxillary lateral incisor fused with a supernumerary...
- Esthetic management of fused carious teeth: a case reportN Vasudev Ballal
Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Karnataka, India
J Esthet Restor Dent 18:13-7; discussion 18. 2006A rare case of a carious supernumerary tooth fused to the labial surface of a maxillary right central incisor is reported...
- Sequential development of multiple supplemental premolars. Four-year follow-up reportRajesh T Anegundi
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, SDM College of Dental Sciences and Hospital, Dharwad, India
N Y State Dent J 74:46-9. 2008..Appropriate management and the importance of regular radiographic monitoring of such cases are briefly reviewed...
- Three-dimensional evaluation of a rare case with multiple impacted teeth using CTNoriyuki Kitai
Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Graduate School of Dentistry, Osaka University, Suita, Japan
J Clin Pediatr Dent 27:117-21. 2003..A detailed description of the positional relationship between each impacted tooth and the neighboring tooth was given using the 3D CT-image...
- A premaxilla with a supernumerary tooth indicating a developmental region with a variety of dental abnormalities: a report of nine casesLene Hansen
Department of Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Odontol Scand 62:30-6. 2004The aim of this study was to elucidate whether a premaxilla with a supernumerary tooth has additional dental abnormalities...
- Orthodontic treatment for an unerupted and severely rotated maxillary central incisor. A case reportY Fujita
Division of Developmental Stomatognathic Function Science, Department of Growth and Development for Function, Kyushu Dental College, Japan
Eur J Paediatr Dent 9:43-7. 2008..However, successful treatment for an unerupted maxillary incisor with severe rotation and another maxillary incisor with disturbed eruption by a supernumerary tooth is quite rare.
- Orthodontic treatment of fused and geminated central incisors: a case reportHayder A Hashim
Division of Orthodontics, in the Department of Preventive Dental Sciences of the College of Dentistry at King Saud University in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
J Contemp Dent Pract 5:136-44. 2004..Orthodontic treatment was carried out to align upper right and left central incisors, lateral incisors, and canines. Treatment options were discussed...
- [Treatment of torsion abnormalities of central upper incisors caused by super-compact teeth]G A Sekletov
Stomatologiia (Mosk) 82:59-62. 2003..A long period of retention is needed for adaptation of tissues to a new position of the tooth...
- Dentigerous cyst associated with an impacted anterior maxillary supernumerary toothYekyung Shun
Department of Dentistry, Ilsan Paik Hospital, Inje University, Kyunggi Do, South Korea
J Dent Child (Chic) 75:104-7. 2008..The purpose of this article was to report the case of an 8-year-old Korean boy with a dentigerous cyst associated with an impacted anterior maxillary supernumerary tooth and its dental management.
- Supernumerary teeth causing impaction of permanent maxillary incisors: consideration of treatmentH Ibricevic
Pediatric Dentistry Department, Amiri Dental Center, Dasman, Kuwait
J Clin Pediatr Dent 27:327-32. 2003..The paper presents a discussion on etiology and treatment of maxillary central incisors impactions. Different treatment approaches which advocate teamwork approach, and importance of early diagnosis of such conditions is discussed...
- Retarded eruption of maxillary second premolars associated with late development of the germsYo Taguchi
Department of Oral Health Science, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
J Clin Pediatr Dent 27:321-6. 2003..It was surmised that the degree of tooth formation in the contralateral side might help to predict approximately at what age the late premolars will erupt...
- Triple teeth: case report of an unusual fusion of three teethA R Prabhakar
Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, Bapuji Dental College and Hospital, Davangere, Karnataka, India
J Dent Child (Chic) 71:206-8. 2004An unusual case of fusion between primary central incisors, lateral incisors, and a supernumerary tooth is reported. The fusion was at the enamel and cementum only, and the tooth was extracted.
- [The combination of a fused tooth and a supernumerary central incisor: a possible treatment plan]P Leemans
Afdeling Orthodontie, School voor Tandheelkunde van de Katholieke Universiteit Leuven in Belgie
Ned Tijdschr Tandheelkd 112:293-6. 2005..Moreover a still impacted supernumerary tooth was present in the right upper front region...
- Prevalence of supernumerary teeth in deciduous and mixed dentitionJ K Dash
Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, Dental Wing, S C B Medical College, Cuttack, Orissa
J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 21:37-41. 2003..In the present study an attempt has been made to asses, its prevalence in deciduous and mixed dentition phase...
- Variations in the number of teeth in wild Japanese serow (Naemorhedus crispus)Asuka Natsume
Laboratory of Animal Management and Resources, Nagoya University, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
Arch Oral Biol 50:849-60. 2005..These results, which are not in accordance with terminal reduction theory, indicate that the phenomenon of tooth degeneration does not only occur at the end of a tooth row...
- Use of the apically repositioned flap in the management of labially impacted maxillary central incisorsMarianne Ong
Periodontics Unit, Department of Restorative Dentistry, National Dental Centre, Singapore
Singapore Dent J 26:55-9. 2004..This paper describes three cases where the apically repositioned flap technique was used to manage labially impacted maxillary central incisors...
- Talon cusp in a primary lateral incisor from a medieval childS Mays
Ancient Monuments Laboratory, English Heritage Centre for Archaeology, Portsmouth, UK
Int J Paediatr Dent 15:67-72. 2005..The report shows that talon cusp existed in British populations more than 600 years before the first written description. A brief review of the literature on the occurrence of talon cusp in the primary dentition is presented...
- Sequential supernumerary teeth in nonsyndromic patients: report of 3 casesCarlos de Oliveira Gomes
Department of Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology School of Dentistry Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Pediatr Dent 30:66-9. 2008b>Supernumerary tooth/teeth (ST) are a well recognized clinical phenomenon defined as teeth that are additional to the normal complement. The purpose of this report was to describe 3 patients who developed multiple sequential ST...
- The relationship between a primary maxillary incisor with a talon cusp and the permanent successor: a study of 57 casesChun Kei Lee
Department of Health, Hong Kong SAR Government, Hong Kong, SAR
Int J Paediatr Dent 17:178-85. 2007..Four of the five reported cases on a maxillary lateral incisor, however, have been associated with a supernumerary permanent successor...
- Retrospective survey of dental anomalies and pathology detected on maxillary occlusal radiographs in children between 3 and 5 years of ageC Sacal
Department of Pediatric Dentistry University of Texas-Houston, Health Science Center, USA
Pediatr Dent 23:347-50. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: These observations emphasize the importance of obtaining intraoral radiographs on preschool children who are in apparent good dental health...
- Prevalence of numeric anomalies in the permanent dentition of patients with Down syndromeA G Acerbi
Department of Oral Pathology, Special Care Dentistry Center, School of Dentistry, , Av. Prof. Lineu Prestes, 2227, , 05508-900, Brazil
Spec Care Dentist 21:75-8. 2001..Supernumerary teeth were seen in 6% of the subjects, and the concomitant occurrence of hypodontia and supernumerary teeth occurred in one patient...
- Congenital tooth anomalies and malocclusions: a genetic link?E K Basdra
Department of Orthodontics, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Orthod 23:145-51. 2001..Congenital tooth anomalies may represent another criterion for the study of malocclusion, with respect to their origin and development...
- Simultaneous presence of a congenitally missing premolar and supernumerary incisor in the same jaw: report of caseM Matsumoto
Department of Pedodontics, Osaka University Faculty of Dentistry, 1 8 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
ASDC J Dent Child 68:63-6, 32. 2001..An eight-year-old girl presented a concomitant occurrence of a supernumerary tooth and two congenitally missing teeth...
- The development of supernumerary teeth in the mandible in cases with a history of supernumeraries in the pre-maxillary regionA Hall
Worthing and Southlands NHS Trust, UK
J Orthod 33:250-5. 2006..In all cases, the premaxillary supernumeraries prevented eruption of the associated permanent incisor(s)...
- Hemisection of a fused toothTugba Cetinbas
Department of Pedodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 104:e120-4. 2007..The present case report presents the hemisection of a maxillary central incisor fused with a supernumerary tooth. A 10-year-old boy was referred to clinic with the chief complaint of the presence of a large anterior ..
- Analysis of dental anomalies in the Siberian mole, Talpa altaica (Insectivora, Talpidae)Shin Ichiro Kawada
Laboratory of Animal Management and Resources, Graduate School of Bio agricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Aichi 464 8601, Japan
Arch Oral Biol 51:1029-39. 2006..These extraordinarily frequent tooth anomalies of T. altaica are of much interest both in terms of tooth development and classification...
- Eruption disturbances of mandibular permanent incisorsC T Watanabe
Department of Pedodontics, Niigata University Faculty of Dentistry, Niigata University, Japan
J Clin Pediatr Dent 25:181-5. 2001..The etiology was divided into 3 categories: traumatic injuries (3 cases), odontomas (2 cases), supernumerary teeth (2 cases). The procedures such as removal of cause (4 cases), surgical exposure (5 cases) and traction (1 case) were done...
- Surgical and orthodontic treatment of an impacted permanent central incisor: a case reportN R Thosar
Dept of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, Sharad Pawar Dental College, Sawangi Meghe, Wardha, Maharashatra, India
J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 24:100-3. 2006..In this article, the impacted incisor was moved into it's proper position with surgical exposure and orthodontic traction, after which it showed good stability...
- Management of a fused central incisor in association with a macrodont lateral incisor: a case reportSeniz Karacay
Department of Orthodontics, Gulhane Military Academy Center of Dental Sciences, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Dent 28:336-40. 2006..In the radiographic evaluation, it was determined that the fused tooth had 2 separate roots. The supernumerary tooth was extracted after hemisection, and endodontic treatment was performed on the remaining portion...
- Two cases with supernumerary teeth in lower incisor regionTaishi Yokose
Department of Orthodontics, Tokyo Dental College, Chiba, Japan
Bull Tokyo Dent Coll 47:19-23. 2006..We found that it was difficult to establish a clear etiology and differentiation between the normal and supernumerary teeth...
- A retrospective evaluation of the eruption of impacted permanent incisors after extraction of supernumerary teethLeila Leyland
Maxillofacial and Dental Department, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, London
J Clin Pediatr Dent 30:225-31. 2006..The purpose of this study was to evaluate findings, predisposing factors and differentiate different techniques used that affect the outcome following removal of supernumerary teeth. A comprehensive literature review was also undertaken...
- Primary incisor triplication defectG B Erdem
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
ASDC J Dent Child 68:322-5, 301. 2001..It is concluded that the clinician should identify children were conjoined anomalies and should be aware of the oncoming problems...
- Supernumerary teeth associated with primary and permanent teeth: a case reportG Shanmugha Devi
Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, Shri Ramchandra Dental College and Hospital, Porur, Chennai
J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 20:104-6. 2002Concomitant presence of a supernumerary tooth in the primary dentition and another supernumerary tooth associated with permanent tooth in the same location is an uncommon condition...
- Extraoral endodontic treatment, odontotomy and intentional replantation of a double maxillary lateral permanent incisor: case report and 6-year follow-upS Sivolella
Department of Oral Surgery, University of Padova, Institute of Clinical Dentistry, Padova, Italy
Int Endod J 41:538-46. 2008..To describe combined endodontic, surgical and orthodontic treatment of a maxillary lateral incisor fused with a supernumerary...
- Prevalence of abnormalities in dental structure, position, and eruption pattern in a population of unilateral and bilateral cleft lip and palate patientsChiara Tortora
Department of Orthodontics, San Paolo Hospital, Via Vittor Pisani 6, Milan, Italy
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 45:154-62. 2008..To evaluate the dental characteristics of patients subjected to a protocol that included early secondary gingivoalveoloplasty (ESGAP)...
- Cleidocranial dysplasia--a case reportS M Dawjee
Department of Orthodontics, Oral Health Centre, Medunsa
SADJ 57:187-90. 2002
- Supernumerary teeth: review of the literature and a survey of 152 casesL D Rajab
The University of Jordan, Faculty of Density, Department of Paediatric Dentistry, Amman
Int J Paediatr Dent 12:244-54. 2002..A review of the literature relating to supernumerary teeth is presented along with a survey of 152 cases...
- Early treatment of tooth-eruption disturbancesJuri Kurol
Orthodontic Department, Malmo University, Sweden
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 121:588-91. 2002
- Multidisciplinary evaluation and clinical management of mesiodensA Giancotti
Department of Orthodontics, University of Rome, Tor Vergata, Italy
J Clin Pediatr Dent 26:233-7. 2002..The term mesiodens is used to refer to an unerupted supernumerary tooth in the central region of the premaxilla between the two central incisors...
- Bilaterally impacted maxillary central incisors: surgical exposure and orthodontic treatment: a case reportMehmet Bayram
Department of Orthodontics in the Faculty of Dentistry at Ondokuz Mayis University in Samsun, Turkey
J Contemp Dent Pract 7:98-105. 2006..The surgical exposure and orthodontic traction of bilaterally impacted central incisors after removal of impacted supernumerary teeth is presented in this report...
- Bilateral maxillary fused primary incisors accompanied by succedaneous supernumerary teeth: report of a caseM Tomizawa
Division of Paediatric Dentistry, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, 2 5274 Gakkocho dori, Niigata 951 8514, Japan
Int J Paediatr Dent 12:223-7. 2002..After 6 months observation, surgical exposure of the two crowns of the permanent maxillary central incisors was performed. The teeth began to erupt and have since been kept under observation...
- Familial adenomatous polyposisElizabeth Half
Familial Cancer Clinic, Gastroenterology Dept, Meir Hospital, Kfar Saba, Israel
Orphanet J Rare Dis 4:22. 2009..Individuals with FAP carry a 100% risk of CRC; however, this risk is reduced significantly when patients enter a screening-treatment program...
- Cbfa1 is required for epithelial-mesenchymal interactions regulating tooth development in miceR N D'Souza
Developmental Biology Program, Institute of Biotechnology, Viikki Biocenter, FIN 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Development 126:2911-20. 1999....
- Enamel dysplasia with hamartomatous atypical follicular hyperplasia (EDHFH) syndrome: suggested pathogenic mechanismsL Feller
Department of Periodontology and Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, University of Limpopo, Medunsa Campus, South Africa
SADJ 63:102-5. 2008..Thus, alterations in the function of enamel matrix protein function, may be the common denominator responsible for the development of the EDHFH phenotype...
- Maxillary canine impactions related to impacted central incisors: two case reportsMehmet Bayram
J Contemp Dent Pract 8:72-81. 2007..The purpose of this case report is to describe the combined surgical and orthodontic treatment of two cases with an impacted maxillary central incisor and canine in the same quadrant and to discuss the causal relationship between them...
- Dracula's teeth syndromeD E Jacome
Department of Medicine, Franklin Medical Center, Greenfield, Massachusetts, USA
Headache 41:892-4. 2001..Her signs and symptoms are reminiscent of Wynne syndrome...
- The role of periodontal ligament cells in delayed tooth eruption in patients with cleidocranial dysostosisStefan Lossdörfer
Department of Orthodontics, University of Bonn, Germany
J Orofac Orthop 70:495-510. 2009....
- Enamel dysplasia with hamartomatous atypical follicular hyperplasia: review of the literature and report of a caseL Feller
Department of Periodontology and Oral Medicne, School of Dentistry, University of Limpopo, Medunsa Campus, South Africa
SADJ 63:096-7, 100-1. 2008....
- Incidence of impacted and supernumerary teeth-a radiographic study in a North Greek populationAnastasia Fardi
Department of Dentoalveolar Surgery, Implantology and Radiology, School of Dentistry, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 16:e56-61. 2011..The aim of the present study was to investigate the prevalence of impacted and supernumerary teeth, apart from third molars...
- Odontomas: a clinicopathologic study in a Portuguese populationLiliana Faria da Silva
Faculty of Dentistry, Institute of Pathology and Immmunology, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
Quintessence Int 40:61-72. 2009..Frequency and distribution of odontogenic tumor among a Portuguese population were analyzed and compared with previous reports...
- Evaluation of panoramic radiographs taken at the initial visit at a department of paediatric dentistryJ I Asaumi
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, Field of Tumor Biology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama, Japan
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 37:340-3. 2008..To examine oral and maxillofacial lesions other than those related to the chief complaint in panoramic radiographs taken at the department of paediatric dentistry at our hospital...
- A rare cause of nasolacrimal duct obstruction: dentigerous cyst in the maxillary sinusBiswarup Ray
Department of Ophthalmology and ENT, Khudiram Bose Sarani, R G Kar Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 57:465-7. 2009..In this case report, we describe a dentigerous cyst with a supernumerary tooth in the maxillary sinus in an 11-year-old male child causing an obstruction to the nasolacrimal duct...
- Tooth eruption and cementum formation in the Runx2/Cbfa1 heterozygous mouseS J Zou
Department of Oral Cell Biology, ACTA, Van der Boechorststr 7, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arch Oral Biol 48:673-7. 2003..The data suggests that in the mouse one allele for Runx2/Cbfa1 is sufficient for an undisturbed tooth eruption and an apparently normal formation of the periodontium...
- Effect of strontium on human Runx2+/- osteoblasts from a patient with cleidocranial dysplasiaPiero Römer
Department of Orthodontics, University Medical Centre Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Eur J Pharmacol 654:195-9. 2011..This effect might be responsible for the improved mineralisation of the extracellular matrix of strontium-treated Runx2(+/-)-osteoblasts observed...
- Functional analysis of RUNX2 mutations in Japanese patients with cleidocranial dysplasia demonstrates novel genotype-phenotype correlationsTaketoshi Yoshida
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Japan
Am J Hum Genet 71:724-38. 2002..Overall, these results suggest that CCD could result from much smaller losses in the RUNX2 function than has been envisioned on the basis of the conventional haploinsufficiency model...
- Multiple impacted teeth: report of 3 casesGurkan Rasit Bayar
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Dental Clinic, Guzelyali Military Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Eur J Dent 2:73-8. 2008..Based on the clinical presentation, radiographic examination and histopathological studies, this paper discusses the differential diagnosis and management of such cases...
- Cephalometric standards for Slovenians in the mixed dentition periodMartina Drevensek
Department of Orthodontics, University of Ljubliana, Slovenia
Eur J Orthod 28:51-7. 2006..001). As there were no significant differences between the early and late mixed dentition, the mean measurement values of the total sample can be used as cephalometric standards for Slovenians in the mixed dentition period...
- Dental anomalies as a microsymptom of palatal canine displacementStephanie Leifert
Department of Orthodontics, University of Freiburg, Germany
J Orofac Orthop 64:108-20. 2003..A retrospective study was performed to investigate whether palatal canine displacement is associated with other dental features permitting early clinical diagnosis of the eruption disturbance...
- Mutation analysis of core binding factor A1 in patients with cleidocranial dysplasiaI Quack
Department of Hematology, University of Freiburg Medical Center, Freiburg, Germany
Am J Hum Genet 65:1268-78. 1999....
- Cleidocranial dysplasia with severe parietal bone dysplasia: C-terminal RUNX2 mutationsMichael L Cunningham
Children s Craniofacial Center, Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98195 6320, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 76:78-85. 2006..Despite the characterization of 67 unique mutations in 97 individual cases, and the availability of animal models, no obvious genotype-phenotype correlation has emerged...
- Delayed tooth eruption and suppressed osteoclast number in the eruption pathway of heterozygous Runx2/Cbfa1 knockout miceShuichi Yoda
Maxillofacial Orthognathics, Department of Maxillofacial Reconstruction and Function, Division of Maxillofacial Neck Reconstruction, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8549, Japan
Arch Oral Biol 49:435-42. 2004..These results also suggest the possibility that impaired recruitment of osteoclasts is one of the cellular mechanisms of delayed tooth eruption in CCD patients...
- Root development of permanent lateral incisor in cleft lip and palate children: a radiographic studyAmarlal Deepti
Dept of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, Meenakshi Ammal Dental College and Hospital, Maduravoyal, Chennai, India
Indian J Dent Res 18:82-6. 2007..The objective of this study was to compare the root development of lateral incisor on the cleft side with the root development of its contralateral tooth in cleft lip and palate children...
- Multiple dens invaginatus, mulberry molar and conical teeth. Case report and genetic considerationsHeddie O Sedano
University of Minnesota, Minnesota, USA
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 14:E69-72. 2009....
- Hallermann-Streiff syndrome: case report and literature reviewPeter Robotta
Department of Operative Dentistry, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
Quintessence Int 42:331-8. 2011..The predisposition to severe dental caries and dental malformations makes it imperative to schedule effective prevention measures, especially since root canal treatment to preserve teeth can be hampered due to underdeveloped roots...
- Identification of novel CBFA1/RUNX2 mutations causing cleidocranial dysplasiaC Bergwitz
Abteilung für Klinische Endokrinologie, Hochschule Hannover, Germany
J Inherit Metab Dis 24:648-56. 2001..Haplotype insufficiency causes cleidocranial dysplasia (CCD), a syndrome featuring supernumerary tooth buds, delayed tooth eruption, patent fontanels, Wormian bones, short stature, dysplasia of the clavicles, ..
- Dental findings in Kabuki make-up syndrome: a case reportCristiane Tomaz Rocha
Department of Pediatric, Preventive and Social Dentistry, School of Dentistry of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Spec Care Dentist 28:53-7. 2008..The clinical and radiographic detection of these unique dental features may be helpful in identifying children who may have milder forms of KMS...
- Case report: non-syndromic multiple supernumerary teeth localized by cone beam computed tomographyH U Brauer
Private Practice of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Kollwitzstrasse 8, 73728 Esslingen, Germany
Eur Arch Paediatr Dent 11:41-3. 2010..Multiple supernumerary teeth in individuals with no other associated diseases or syndromes are very uncommon...
- Severe cleidocranial dysplasia can mimic hypophosphatasiaSheila Unger
Division of Clinical and Metabolic Genetics, Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X8
Eur J Pediatr 161:623-6. 2002..However, no mutations were found on direct sequencing of the tissue-nonspecific alkaline phosphatase ( TNSALP) gene using a protocol that detects up to 94% of all mutations causing hypophosphatasia...
- RUNX2 mutations in cleidocranial dysplasia patientsH M Ryoo
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Dental Research Institute and BK21 Program, School of Dentistry, Seoul National University, Seoul 110 768, Korea
Oral Dis 16:55-60. 2010..The purposes of this study were to identify genetic causes of two CCD nuclear families and to report their clinical phenotypes...
- Influence of nutritional state on radiographic variables in upper canine teethLuis F Wuscovi
Department of Radiology, School of Dentistry, Universidad Nacional Tucumán, Argentina
Acta Odontol Latinoam 22:33-9. 2009....
- Dental anomalies and associated factors in 2- to 5-year-old Brazilian childrenPaulo Floriani Kramer
Department of Paediatric Dentistry, Lutheran University of Brazil, Canoas, Brazil
Int J Paediatr Dent 18:434-40. 2008..Dental anomalies in primary teeth may lead to functional and aesthetic disorders, and their recognition contributes to early diagnosis and long-term treatment planning...
- Oral endoscopy as an aid to diagnosis of equine cheek tooth infections in the absence of gross oral pathological changes: 17 casesP H L Ramzan
Rossdales Equine Hospital, Cotton End Road, Exning, Newmarket, Suffolk CB8 7NN, UK
Equine Vet J 41:101-6. 2009..Rigid endoscopy permits detailed examination of the oral cavity and erupted dental tissues and has the potential to assist in the correct identification of the diseased tooth...
- [To incise the dentigerous cyst on the floor of nasal cavity (affiliated 2 cases)]Hongtao Zhen
Department of Otolaryngology, Tongji Hospital, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, 430030, China
Lin Chuang Er Bi Yan Hou Ke Za Zhi 19:256-8. 2005..To report 2 cases of the rare disease-the dentigerous cyst on the floor of nasal cavity and explore etiology, the method of diagnosis and treatment...
- A case of a Japanese patient with cleidocranial dysplasia possessing a mutation of CBFA1 geneNaohiko Sakai
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Kitasato University School of Medicine, 1 15 1 Kitasato, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 228 8555, Japan
J Craniofac Surg 13:31-4. 2002..We performed the sequence analysis of the CBFA1 gene and detected a missense mutation of R225W in exon 3...
- A family with cleidocranial dysplasia and crossed ectopic kidney in one childSaraswathivilasam S Suresh
Department of Orthopaedics, Ibri Regional Referral Hospital, Ibri, Sultanate of Oman
Acta Orthop Belg 75:521-7. 2009..The authors report a family with mother and her four sons affected with CCD and Crossed Renal Ectopia (CRE) in one child, which has not been reported in CCD before...
- Epiprofin/Sp6: a new player in the regulation of tooth developmentLucia Jimenez-Rojo
Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL, ISREC Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research, NCCR Molecular Oncology, Lausanne, Switzerland
Histol Histopathol 25:1621-30. 2010..In this article, we review the interaction of Epfn with the BMP, Shh and Wnt pathways in the regulation of tooth development, based on the data obtained from the study of several genetically modified mice...
- Cellular and Molecular Determinants of Tooth EruptionHitesh Kapadia; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Analysis of the Role of Sprouty Genes in Tooth DevelopmentOphir Klein; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will also study the role of adult stem cells in teeth, which may help to lay the groundwork for efforts to build new teeth. ..
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF THE MECHANISMS THAT REGULATE TOOTH MORPHOGENESISGAIL ROBERTA MARTIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will also study the mechanisms that control stem cells in adult teeth, which may help to lay the groundwork for efforts to build new teeth. ..
- Molecular Patterning of Mammalian DentitionRulang Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Moreover, we discovered recently that inactivation of the Osr2 transcription factor caused supernumerary tooth formation from oral epithelium lingual to the molar tooth germs in mice...
- CLEIDOCRANIAL DYSPLASIA DENTAL PHENOTYPE AND GENOTYPE CORRELATIONSDavid K Crossman; Fiscal Year: 2012..These studies could ultimately foster new strategies for tooth replacement therapies in addition to increasing our understanding of tooth formation and genetic diseases altering tooth patterning. ..
- Alk8 Regulation of Replacement Tooth FormationPamela C Yelick; Fiscal Year: 2010..interactions of Rb and Runx2 in osteoblast differentiation, and on our preliminary data demonstrating supernumerary tooth formation in Rb null mice...
- The role of mTert-expressing stem cells in tooth formation and renewalDIANA LYNN CARLONE; Fiscal Year: 2013..Interestingly, these mice also exhibit supernumerary tooth formation indicating that mTert expression marks a population of putative dental stem cells involved in ..
- Wnt signaling in the induction of new tooth formationXiu Ping Wang; Fiscal Year: 2012..These studies, if successful, will provide fundamental insights into the development of teeth and other organs, and may also assist in tooth engineering in the clinic. ..
- EFFECTS OF RETINOIDS & GROWTH FACTORS ON BRANCHIAL ARCHJAN KRONMILLER; Fiscal Year: 1992..primordial development, they also alter patterning of odontogenesis as seen in agenesis, fusion, and supernumerary tooth bud formation...
- Wnt signaling in the induction of new tooth formationXiu Ping Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..I will elucidate the molecular mechanisms underlying the induction of tooth formation, thus paving the way for in vitro tooth engineering. ..
- Fibronectin Fragment-Induced Osteolysis Mediated by MMPsSunil Kapila; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will provide a fundamental understanding of the basis for bone loss in periodontal disease and other osteolytic diseases. ..
- CRANIOFACIAL SKELETAL TISSUE ENGINEERING CONFERENCESunil Kapila; Fiscal Year: 2008..The meeting will be limited to 250 participants who have a background in bioengineering. ..
- Craniofacial Imaging in the 21st CenturySunil Kapila; Fiscal Year: 2002..The meeting will be limited to 300 participants who have a background in imaging. This symposia series will provide momentum to discoveries that will be important to craniofacial sciences and patient care. ..
- TGF B1'S ROLE IN PRIMARY AND REPARATIVE DENTINOGENESISRENA D SOUZA; Fiscal Year: 2001..Such insights will contribute to the development of bioactive dental materials to treat and prevent injuries of the dentin-pulp complex. ..
- Regulation of Runx2 Function by Twist-1 in Tooth DevelopmentRENA D SOUZA; Fiscal Year: 2009..Such data will also provide a framework for understanding the pathogenesis of Cleidocranial Dysplasia and Saethre-Chotzen Syndrome, two human genetic disorders that threaten dentition. ..