vascular skin diseases
Summary: Skin diseases affecting or involving the cutaneous blood vessels and generally manifested as inflammation, swelling, erythema, or necrosis in the affected area.
Publications154 found, 100 shown here
- Cutaneous vasculitis updateL E Gibson
Department of Dermatology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Dermatol Clin 19:603-15, vii. 2001..Several types of cutaneous vasculitis are discussed in detail, including Henoch-Schonlein purpura, erythema elevatum diutinum, and cutaneous polyarteritis nodosum. The approach to treatment for cutaneous vasculitis also is reviewed...
- Benign cutaneous Degos diseaseMozheh Zamiri
Department of Dermatology, Monklands Hospital, Airdrie, UK
Int J Dermatol 44:654-6. 2005..It may be impossible to classify a patient at the time of initial presentation. Her progress is consistent with the benign form...
- Cutaneous vasculitis update: small vessel neutrophilic vasculitis syndromesJ Andrew Carlson
Divisions of Dermatology and Dermatopathology, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 28:486-506. 2006..Herein, we review both primary and secondary vasculitic syndromes that affect the skin and show a small vessel neutrophilic mediated vasculitis...
- Livedo racemosa: a striking dermatological sign for the antiphospholipid syndromeImad W Uthman
J Rheumatol 33:2379-82. 2006
- Cutaneous pseudovasculitisJ Andrew Carlson
Division of Dermatology, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 29:44-55. 2007....
- Linear angioma serpiginosumKhalid Al Hawsawi
Dermatology Unit, Department of Medicine, King Faisal Hospital, Taif, Saudi Arabia
Pediatr Dermatol 20:167-8. 2003..Angioma serpiginosum distributed in a linear fashion along the upper extremity of an adolescent boy is described. Histopathologic examination revealed the characteristic numerous thick-walled capillaries in the dermal papillae...
- Leg ulcer diagnosis and managementM M Choucair
Department of Dermatology, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Dermatol Clin 19:659-78, viii. 2001..It also reviews new treatment modalities, including topical growth factors and bioengineered skin. A team approach is emphasized...
- Update on cutaneous vasculitisTatiana M Grzeszkiewicz
Department of Dermatology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5334, USA
Semin Cutan Med Surg 25:221-5. 2006..This article will highlight the classification, pathogenesis, clinical presentation, diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment of the cutaneous vasculitides...
- Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis in a neonate with cutis marmorata telangiectatica congenitaBehzad Elahi
Department of Pediatrics, Children Medical Center Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Saudi Med J 27:1751-3. 2006..She had pancytopenia and hepatosplenomegaly, hemophagocytic cells in spleen necropsy, and she died with respiratory failure and pseudomonas induced septicemia...
- Antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusK Molnar
Department of Dermatology, Albert Szent Györgyi Medical and Pharmaceutical Centre, University of Szeged, Hungary
Clin Exp Dermatol 27:59-61. 2002..The clinical picture and antibody profile were similar in ANCA-positive and ANCA-negative SLE patients. We conclude that measurement of ANCAs does not provide any additional diagnostic or prognostic data in SLE...
- [Cutaneous manifestations of internal diseases: purpura, livedo, pyoderma gangrenosum]R M Trueb
Dermatologische Klinik, Universitatsspital Zurich
Praxis (Bern 1994) 92:1479-87. 2003....
- Platelet involvement in cutaneous small vessel vasculitisLorine B Meijer-Jorna
Department of Pathology, Academic, Medical Centre of the University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Cutan Pathol 29:176-80. 2002..Participation of platelets in the tissue reaction associated with cutaneous small vessel vasculitis has not yet been evaluated, so we systematically investigated the presence of platelet aggregates in inflamed microvessels...
- Multiple mononeuropathy due to vasculitis associated with anticardiolipin antibodies: a case reportJera Jeruc
Institute of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Ljubljana, Korytkova 2, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Folia Neuropathol 44:140-3. 2006..Our patient had no clinical or laboratory features of any autoimmune disorder and also no signs of systemic vasculitis. We discuss the potential role of anticardiolipin antibodies in the pathogenesis of vasculitis...
- [A case of cutaneous vasculitis in a patient with systemic lupus erythematosus]Krzysztof Mastej
Katedra i Klinika Angiologii, Nadciśnienia Tetniczego i Diabetologii AM we Wrocławiu
Pol Arch Med Wewn 113:63-7. 2005..In similar cases it is often difficult to find factors responsible for development of ulcerations and it need different investigations. But detailed determine of etiopathogenesis gives guarantee therapeutic success...
- Response of livedoid vasculitis to intravenous immunoglobulinF E Ravat
Department of Dermatology, Ealing Hospital, Southall, Middlesex UB1 3HW, UK
Br J Dermatol 147:166-9. 2002..IVIg has been used successfully to treat a variety of vasculitic disorders and appears to be well tolerated. We suggest that this treatment is offered to patients who have livedoid vasculitis that is unresponsive to other therapies...
- Cutaneous vasculitis update: diagnostic criteria, classification, epidemiology, etiology, pathogenesis, evaluation and prognosisJ Andrew Carlson
Division of Dermatology, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 27:504-28. 2005..Herein, we review cutaneous vasculitis focusing on diagnostic criteria, classification, epidemiology, etiology, pathogenesis, and evaluation of the cutaneous vasculitis patient...
- Skin denervation and cutaneous vasculitis in systemic lupus erythematosusMing Tsung Tseng
Department of Neurology, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Brain 129:977-85. 2006..032). In conclusion, cutaneous vasculitis and lupus activities underlie skin denervation with associated elevation of thermal thresholds as a major manifestation of sensory nerve injury in SLE...
- Newer neutrophilic dermatosesWilliam D James
Arch Dermatol 139:101-2. 2003
- A large ulcer and cutaneous small-vessel vasculitis associated with syphilis infectionY C Chao
Section of Allergy, Immunology and Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Scand J Rheumatol 35:147-51. 2006..It is important to have a rapid and accurate diagnosis because the lesions are very contagious, but may be rapidly and completely cured by early administration of antibiotic treatment...
- Calciphylaxis: an important imitator of cutaneous vasculitisDana Jacobs-Kosmin
Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19141, USA
Arthritis Rheum 57:533-7. 2007
- Cutaneous manifestations in patients with microscopic polyangiitis: two case reports and a minireviewTamihiro Kawakami
Department of Dermatology, St Marianna University School of Medicine, 2 16 1 Sugao, Miyamae ku, Kawasaki, Kanagawa 216 8511, Japan
Acta Derm Venereol 86:144-7. 2006..The initial cutaneous manifestations are important in early diagnosis of possible ANCA-associated vasculitides with elevated ANCA titres...
- Unilateral nevoid telangiectasia syndromeB Kreft
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle Saale, Germany
Dermatology 209:215-7. 2004..To our knowledge, no such observations have yet been published with regards to UNTS...
- Atypical angioma serpiginosumJu Hsin Chen
Department of Dermatology, Taipei Municipal Wan Fang Hospital, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Yonsei Med J 49:509-13. 2008..According to the clinical and pathological findings, we established a diagnosis of angioma serpiginosum. She was treated with a pulsed dye laser, and the angiomatous lesions subsequently improved...
- Increased serum levels of the chemokine CXCL13 and up-regulation of its gene expression are distinctive features of HCV-related cryoglobulinemia and correlate with active cutaneous vasculitisDomenico Sansonno
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Human Oncology, Section of Internal Medicine and Clinical Oncology, University of Bari Medical School, Bari, Italy
Blood 112:1620-7. 2008..Higher levels of this chemokine in the liver as well as in the skin of patients with active MC vasculitis suggest a possible interrelation between these biologic compartments...
- Clinical approach to cutaneous vasculitisMiguel A Gonzalez-Gay
Division of Rheumatology, Hospital Xeral Calde, Lugo, Spain
Curr Opin Rheumatol 17:56-61. 2005..It outlines the work-up for assessing patients with cutaneous vasculitis and discusses the essential features of the main conditions included within this category...
- [Histology of cutaneous vasculitides]A Stein
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Dermatologie, Universitätsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus an der Technischen Universität Dresden
Hautarzt 59:363-4, 366-70, 372-3. 2008..An correct diagnosis requires careful correlation of medical history, the clinical, serological, imaging and direct immunofluorescence data, and histologic findings...
- [Vasculitis]P M Villiger
, Inselspital Bern
Praxis (Bern 1994) 90:193-6. 2001..Nowadays, good outcomes can be achieved thanks to improved diagnostic tests, a broader therapeutic spectrum and more effective monitoring...
- [Antiphospholipid syndrome in patients with systemic connective tissue diseases]Dalia Unikiene
Clinic of Rheumatology, Kaunas University of Medicine, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 39:454-9. 2003..There were significantly more cases of fibrotic heart valves (p=0.028), and thrombocytopenia (p=0.002), and livedo reticularis (p=0.058) in APS group...
- Accurately renaming macrocephaly-cutis marmorata telangiectatica congenita (M-CMTC) as macrocephaly-capillary malformation (M-CM)Helga V Toriello
Am J Med Genet A 143:3009. 2007
- [Vasculitic leg ulcers in primary Sjogren syndrome]M Gwosdz
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Dermatologie, Venerologie und Allergologie, Universitatsklinikum Essen
Hautarzt 59:404-8. 2008..In the case of clinically atypical leg ulcers, Sjögren syndrome should be considered as a rare differential diagnostic possibility...
- Livedoid vasculitis responding to PUVA therapyJ H Lee
Department of Dermatology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Int J Dermatol 40:153-7. 2001..The patients tolerated PUVA therapy well without unacceptable side-effects. CONCLUSIONS: We propose that systemic PUVA using 8-MOP should be investigated further as an alternative treatment for patients with livedoid vasculitis...
- Cutis marmorata telangiectatica congenita: laser doppler fluxmetry evidence for a functional nervous defectG Bormann
Department of Dermatology, Martin Luther-University of Halle-Wittenberg, Halle (Saale, Germany
Pediatr Dermatol 18:110-3. 2001....
- Long-term follow-up in 128 patients with primary antiphospholipid syndrome: do they develop lupus?José A Gómez-Puerta
Lupus Research Unit, Rayne Institute, St Thomas Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Medicine (Baltimore) 84:225-30. 2005..Only 3 patients developed anti-dsDNA antibodies. The presence of a positive Coombs test might be a marker for the development of SLE in patients with primary APS...
- Angioma serpiginosum: a case reportSudha Agrawal
Department of Dermatology and Pathology, BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan, Nepal
Int J Dermatol 43:917-8. 2004
- [Sneddon's syndrome and systemic lupus erythematosus with cerebrovascular disturbances and widespread livedo]L A Kalashnikova
Zh Nevrol Psikhiatr Im S S Korsakova 105:21-5. 2005..Pathomorphological study indicated that SS and SLE were independent diseases. Their similarity was due to development of secondary APS, including cerebrovascular disturbances and livedo, in some patients with SLE...
- Angioma serpiginosum: report of two unusual casesK Sandhu
Department of Dermatology, Venereology, Leprology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 19:127-8. 2005..We report two rare cases of AS, each representing a different and unusual clinical feature of AS: one with familial involvement and the other with an extensive distribution of lesions...
- Antiphosphatidylethanolamine antibodies contribute to the diagnosis of antiphospholipid syndrome in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusE Balada
Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital Vall d'Hebron, , Spain
Scand J Rheumatol 30:235-41. 2001..008). CONCLUSION: The evaluation of IgG aPE may allow us to detect some more patients with aPL-related clinical manifestations in the SLE population, aPE correlated particularly with valvulopathies and livedo reticularis...
- Clinical manifestations and antiphosphatidylserine antibodies in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: is there an association?Mehmet Sahin
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Suleyman Demirel University, Isparta, Turkey
Clin Rheumatol 26:154-60. 2007..In this study, we aimed to reveal the prevalence and correlation of IgG, IgA, and IgM isotypes of antibodies to cardiolipin (aCL) and antiphosphatidylserine (aPS) with clinical and laboratory manifestations of SLE patients...
- Antiphospholipid syndrome in a child: an insight into the pathology, identification, and means of cureSemih Barlas
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Capa, Istanbul, Turkey
J Pediatr Surg 39:1280-2. 2004..The authors report a case of APS with lower extremity arterial thrombosis who had discolored feet since delivery...
- Erythema elevatum diutinum with unusual clinical appearanceEvelyn Soubeiran
University Dermatology Clinic, Heidelberg, Germany
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 6:303-5. 2008..Early treatment with dapsone, corticosteroids and antibiotics is sometimes effective. A patient with multiple myeloma displayed unusual lesions of erythema elevatum diutinum...
- Familial inflammatory Sneddon's syndrome-case report and review of the literatureM Szmyrka-Kaczmarek
Department of Rheumatology, Wroclaw Medical University, Wroclaw, Poland
Clin Rheumatol 24:79-82. 2005..Although most authors reporting on adult cases of SNS consider it a non-inflammatory, thromboembolic process, the study of cases with early onset brings attention to the possible inflammatory origin of the syndrome...
- Warfarin therapy for livedoid vasculopathy associated with cryofibrinogenemia and hyperhomocysteinemiaCatherine E Browning
Division of Dermatology, Department of Medicine, University of Louisville, KY, USA
Arch Dermatol 142:75-8. 2006....
- Diffuse dermal angiomatosis: A previously undescribed pattern of immunoglobulin and complement deposits in two casesPascale Quatresooz
Department of Dermatopathology, University Hospital Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium
Am J Dermatopathol 28:150-4. 2006..A pathogenic role of these deposits is unsettled and should be further explored...
- Case of hypereosinophilic syndrome with cutaneous necrotizing vasculitisMasahiro Hayashi
Department of Dermatology, Yamagata University School of Medicine, 2 2 2 Iida nishi, Yamagata, Japan
J Dermatol 35:229-33. 2008..Hypereosinophilic syndrome with cutaneous necrotizing vasculitis is a rare condition, and this case suggests that cyclosporine may be a useful therapeutic adjunct in facilitating steroid tapering...
- Idiopathic systemic capillary leak syndrome: cutaneous involvement can be misleadingL Fardet
Department of Dermatology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Saint Louis, Paris, France
Dermatology 209:291-5. 2004..For some cases of SCLS, no aetiology is evident and these cases are reported as idiopathic (ISCLS)...
- Gallbladder vasculitis associated with cutaneous leucocytoclastic vasculitisShobhan Manoharan
Department of Dermatology, Mater Adult Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Australas J Dermatol 45:216-9. 2004..Her prednisolone was gradually reduced to 7 mg daily and cyclophosphamide was weaned, then substituted with azathioprine 100 mg daily...
- Paraneoplastic vasculitis associated with multiple myelomaN B Sánchez
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Salamanca, Spain
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 18:731-5. 2004..Histopathological study demonstrated thrombosis in the arterioles and leucocytoclastic vasculitis. Complementary tests revealed the presence of multiple myeloma...
- Future considerations in cutaneous photomedicineDouglas A Winstanley
Department of Dermatology, Naval Medical Center San Diego, 34520 Bob Wilson Drive, San Diego, CA 92134, USA
Semin Cutan Med Surg 27:301-8. 2008..Although not an exhaustive review, this article explores some recent advances in laser and light technologies for dermatologic applications and diagnosis...
- Nicotine-patch therapy on mucocutaneous lesions of Behcet's disease: a case seriesGiovanni Ciancio
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Rheumatology (Oxford) 49:501-4. 2010..We report the use of nicotine-patch therapy on active mucocutaneous lesions of Behçet's disease (BD)...
- Diminutive gastrointestinal lesions in cholesterol crystal embolizationM Hirahashi
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Endoscopy 37:408. 2005
- Dermatologic manifestations of the antiphospholipid syndrome: two hundred consecutive casesCamille Frances
Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Arthritis Rheum 52:1785-93. 2005..To describe dermatologic manifestations of the antiphospholipid syndrome (APS) and to investigate possible correlations between livedo reticularis and other APS manifestations...
- [Hyperkeratotic mammilated lesion of congenital club foot]R Chraibi
Service de Dermatologie, CHU Ibn Sina, Rabat, Maroc
Ann Dermatol Venereol 134:877-9. 2007
- Vasculitis in systemic lupus erythematosus: prevalence and clinical characteristics in 670 patientsManuel Ramos-Casals
Department of Autoimmune Diseases, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, IDIBAPS Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer, School of Medicine, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Medicine (Baltimore) 85:95-104. 2006..The presence of vasculitis in our patients with SLE was associated with a higher ECLAM score, livedo reticularis, hematologic parameters (anemia, high ESR), and anti-La/SS-B antibodies...
- Congenital livedo reticularis and recurrent strokes in two unrelated young childrenGretchen Mathias
Department of Pediatrics, Greenville Office, Greenville, SC 29605, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 45:367-72. 2006
- A case of cholesterol embolism confirmed by skin biopsy and successfully treated with statins and steroidsTakayoshi Matsumura
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Med Sci 331:280-3. 2006..This case emphasizes the importance of early diagnosis and shows the possible therapeutic effects of statins and steroids for patients with this syndrome...
- Poikiloderma of civatte and rosacea: variants in the same nosological spectrum?Alexander C Katoulis
Dermatology 211:386-7. 2005
- Our approach to pediatric dermatologic laser surgeryAnne M Chapas
Laser and Skin Surgery Center of New York, New York, New York 10016, USA
Lasers Surg Med 37:255-63. 2005..Many pediatric dermatological conditions may be successfully treated with laser surgery...
- [Cutaneous vasculitis with necrotic ulcers in rheumatoid arthritis: treatment with anti-TNFalpha]L Thirion
Clinique Dermatologique, CHU de Rouen
Ann Dermatol Venereol 133:453-5. 2006..We report on the outcome of treatment in rheumatoid arthritis patients with cutaneous vasculitis lesions on anti-TNFalpha...
- Cutaneous vasculitis: remember culprit drugsK Sanyal
Br J Hosp Med (Lond) 67:551. 2006
- Criteria for the diagnosis of antiphospholipid syndrome in patients presenting with dermatologic symptomsYana L Kriseman
Department of Dermatology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 57:112-5. 2007..Proposed revisions to the Sapporo criteria to increase its specificity and sensitivity are also addressed...
- Association of cutaneous necrotizing eosinophilic vasculitis and deep vein thrombosis in hypereosinophilic syndromeYi Hua Liao
Arch Dermatol 141:1051-3. 2005
- Recurrent arterial thrombosis in a child: primary antiphospholipid antibody syndromeZumrut Uysal
Department of Pediatric Hematology, Ankara University, School of Medicine, Turkey
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 19:59-66. 2002..A larger number of pediatric case investigations will be required for better understanding and treating this rare thrombotic disorder...
- Cutaneous applications of lasersW R Ries
Department of Otolaryngology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2559, USA
Otolaryngol Clin North Am 29:915-29. 1996..Specific techniques in skin resurfacing, keloid excision, rhinophyma, actinic cheilitis ablation, and excision of superficial cutaneous tumors are discussed. Proper management of cutaneous vascular lesions is also presented...
- Adult dermatomyositis with livedo reticularis and multiple skin ulcersG Yosipovitch
Department of Dermatology and Institute of Pathology, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqva, Israel
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 11:48-50. 1998..We report on a patient with adult dermatomyositis, deep cutaneous ulcers in the skin folds and livedo reticularis eruption...
- Increased expression of VEGF in glomeruloid reactive angioendotheliomatosisSabine A Eming
Department of Dermatology, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Dermatology 207:398-401. 2003..This case suggests a possible role of epidermally derived VEGF in endothelial cell proliferation in RAE...
- Generalized essential telangiectasia successfully treated with high-energy, long-pulse, frequency-doubled Nd:YAG laserT Gambichler
Department of Dermatology, Ruhr University Bochum, Gudrunstr 56, D 44791 Bochum, Germany
Dermatol Surg 27:355-7. 2001..Generalized essential telangiectasia is a rare cutaneous disorder with limited therapeutic options...
- Use of electrotherapy to reverse expanding cutaneous gangrene in end-stage renal diseaseRobert J Goldman
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, USA
Adv Skin Wound Care 16:363-6. 2003
- Cutaneous leukocytoclastic vasculitis in dermatomyositis suggests malignancyR E Hunger
Dermatological Clinic, Inselspital, University of Berne, Switzerland
Dermatology 202:123-6. 2001..Dermatomyositis (DM) is a rare connective tissue disease which has been shown to be associated with an underlying malignancy...
- Migraine is associated with livedo reticularis: a prospective studyGretchen E Tietjen
Department of Neurology, Medical College of Ohio, Toledo, USA
Headache 42:263-7. 2002..To investigate the relationship of livedo reticularis, an ischemic dermatopathy, and migraine, an ischemic stroke risk factor...
- Cholesterol embolization syndrome: cutaneous histopathological features and the variable onset of symptoms in patients with different risk factorsM Pennington
Department of Dermatology and Pathology, National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, MD, USA
Br J Dermatol 146:511-7. 2002..In addition, they illustrate the problems and contradictions involved in treating patients with CES...
- Bone growth, modeling and remodeling in a supernumerary metatarsal bone associated with segmental gigantism in cutis marmorata telangiectatica congenitaF Marotti
Dipartimento Misto Materno Infantile, Sezione di Pediatria, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Italy
Histol Histopathol 19:413-20. 2004..While the alteration of bone growth and modeling can be ascribed to the congenital disease, the unbalanced bone remodeling appears mainly to depend on mechanical disuse of the supernumerary metatarsal...
- A side-by-side comparative study of 1064 nm Nd:YAG, 810 nm diode and 755 nm alexandrite lasers for treatment of 0.3-3 mm leg veinsSorin Eremia
Division of Dermatology, UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
Dermatol Surg 28:224-30. 2002..Laser and intense pulsed light device treatments of leg veins have generally yielded disappointing results. Use of longer wavelengths, longer pulse widths, and better cooling devices have recently sparked renewed interests in these methods...
- [Degos atrophic malignant papulosis. Not always malignant!]C Mensing
Hautarzt 53:42-6. 2002..Referring to the literature, the value of permanent anticoagulant therapy is discussed. In contrast to the term "malignant" atrophic papulosis, there also seems to be a variant with a benign clinical course...
- Erythema elevatum diutinum mimicking extensive keloids; quiz 386R S Krishnan
Department of Dermatology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Cutis 67:381-5. 2001..Each physician should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity. This activity has been planned and produced in accordance with ACCME Essentials...
- Cutis marmorata telangiectatica congenita: long-term follow-up, review of the literature, and report of a case in conjunction with congenital hypothyroidismK Pehr
Division of Dermatology, McGill University, Montreal Children's Hospital
Pediatr Dermatol 10:6-11. 1993..We report a series of eight children with cutis marmorata telangiectatica congenita, including one with associated congenital hypothyroidism, a relationship that has never before been noted...
- [Eruptive pseudoangiomatosis epidemic in a geriatric setting]Frédéric Augey
Presse Med 37:431-4. 2008
- First reported convergence of premature ovarian failure and cutis marmorata telangiectatica congenitaE Scott Sills
Georgia Reproductive Specialists LLC, Atlanta, Georgia 30342, USA
Fertil Steril 78:1314-6. 2002..To describe the convergence of five rare phenotypic features in a woman with premature ovarian failure referred for reproductive endocrinology evaluation...
- Nicolau syndrome after intramuscular benzathine penicillin treatmentSüheyla Ocak
Department of Paediatrics, Cerrahpasa Medical School, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Pediatr Infect Dis J 25:749. 2006..He was treated with hyberbaric oxygen and pentoxyphilline in addition to supportive treatment and recovered with no sequelae...
- Cobb syndrome: case report and review of the literatureElisabet Dilmé-Carreras
Department of Dermatology, Sagrat Cor University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Dermatology 221:110-2. 2010..We report case of Cobb syndrome in a 12-year-old boy and present a systematic review of the literature...
- Images in clinical medicine. Livedo reticularis and cold agglutininsTeresa Kauke
University Clinic Munich, D 80336 Munich, Germany
N Engl J Med 356:284. 2007
- [Therapy of vasculitides and vasculopathies]C Sunderkotter
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Dermatologie, Universitatsklinikum Munster
Hautarzt 59:382-93. 2008..Giant cell arteriitis requires rapid therapy with glucocorticoids. For livedo vasculopathy antithrombotic measures are required with low molecular heparin or antagonists to vitamin K, for maintenance dipyridamol und aspirin...
- Clinical and histopathologic features of 8 patients with microscopic polyangiitis including two with a slowly progressive clinical courseTamihiro Kawakami
Department of Dermatology, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Kanagawa, Japan
J Am Acad Dermatol 57:840-8. 2007..MPA generally has a rapidly progressive clinical course, but there have been recent reports of slowly progressive cases...
- Cutis marmorata telangiectatica congenita and chronic autoimmune urticaria in a young manLucilla Melani
Department of Dermatological Science, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
J Dermatol 34:210-3. 2007....
- Intravascular or intralymphatic histiocytosis associated with rheumatoid arthritis: a report of 4 casesHirotsugu Takiwaki
Department of Dermatology, The University of Tokushima School of Medicine, Japan
J Am Acad Dermatol 50:585-90. 2004..Various skin lesions occur in association with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Cutis marmorata telangiectatica congenita or neonatal lupus?J M Carrascosa
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona Badalona, Spain
Pediatr Dermatol 13:230-2. 1996..Therefore the diagnosis of neonatal lupus was made. We propose that livedo patterns mimicking CMTC might sometimes represent the residual phase of neonatal lupus active during intrauterine life...
- Generalized essential telangiectasiaDorota Long
Department of Dermatology, Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park, South Australia, Australia
Australas J Dermatol 45:67-9. 2004..It is probably under-reported, with patients mistakenly diagnosed with atypical hereditary haemorrhagic telangiectasia...
- Mononeuropathy multiplex in association with livedoid vasculitisCory Toth
Department of Neurological Sciences, Room 165, Heritage Medical Research Building, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Dr NW, Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N1, Canada
Muscle Nerve 28:634-9. 2003..We propose that peripheral nervous system involvement arises from multifocal areas of ischemia due to fibrin and thrombin deposition within both the wall and lumen of vasa nervorum...
- Papillary endothelial hyperplasia in angiokeratomaAnurag Mehta
Department of Pathology, Base Hospital, Delhi Cantt 110 010
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 46:90-1. 2003..We present here a case of papillary endothelial hyperplasia in angiokeratoma hitherto undescribed despite sharing common etiopathogenetic features of dilatation and stasis with other aforementioned lesions...
- Nicolau syndrome following diclofenac administrationK Ezzedine
Br J Dermatol 150:385-7. 2004
- [Effect of systemic changes in microcirculation on the development of premature skin involution]V V Vereshchaka
P L Shupik Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education, Kiev
Fiziol Zh 49:75-9. 2003..Impairments in both arterial and venous parts of microcirculation have been proved to be pronounced. Those changes were concluded to cause individual peculiarities of premature skin involution...
- [Calcyphylaxis in a patient with end-stage renal disease in the course of systemic lupus erythematosus, diagnostic problems--case report]Edyta Gebska
Silesian Medical University in Katowice, Department of Internal Medicine, Dermatology and Allergology, Zabrze, Poland
Pol Merkur Lekarski 27:123-8. 2009..Although renal dialysis itself is known to trigger calcyphylaxis, there have been few reports in literature suggesting that collagen vascular disease may also contribute to this process...
- Sensory perineuritis presented as a mononeuritis multiplex associated with livedo vasculitisS S Lee
Department of Neurology and Department of Dermatology, Chungbuk National University Hospital, Gaeshin dong 62 Heungduk ku, Cheongju Si, 361 711, Chungbuk, South Korea
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 103:56-8. 2001..A therapeutic trial of acetylsalicylic acid, danazol, and dipyridamole controlled the skin lesion without improvement of nerve conduction studies...
- Lower extremity ulcers in connective tissue diseaseVictoria K Shanmugam
Division of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Isr Med Assoc J 10:534-6. 2008..We review the evidence for antiphospholipid antibodies and prothrombotic states contributing to a vasculopathy in patients with connective tissue disease, precipitating ulceration and impairing healing...
- Paradominant inheritance may explain familial occurrence of Cutis marmorata telangiectatica congenitaR Danarti
Department of Dermatology, Philipp University, Marburg, Germany
Dermatology 203:208-11. 2001..This concept may explain the occasional familial occurrence of CMTC...
- Cutis marmorata telangiectatica congenita associated with a double aortic archP Deasy
Department of Dermatology, Our Lady's Hospital for Sick Children, Crumlin, Dublin, Ireland
Pediatr Dermatol 12:348-50. 1995..The presence of two major vascular anomalies in this patient may be secondary to a developmental defect of the mesoderm during embryogenesis...
- Photoacoustic discrimination of vascular and pigmented lesions using classical and Bayesian methodsJennifer A Swearingen
University of Missouri, Department of Dermatology, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
J Biomed Opt 15:016019. 2010..We study 15 human subjects with eight vascular and seven pigmented lesions. Using the classical method, we achieve a perfect classification rate, while the Bayesian approach has an error rate of 20%...
- Granulomatous arteritis in cutaneous lesions of Churg-Strauss syndromeKo Ron Chen
Department of Dermatology, Ogikubo Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
J Cutan Pathol 34:330-7. 2007....
- Attitudes of dermatologists toward the Chapel Hill Consensus Conference nomenclature and classificationT Kawakami
Department of Dermatology, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Kanagawa, Japan
Clin Exp Dermatol 35:743-5. 2010..The present investigation provides a picture of current practices of Japanese dermatologists with reference to the management of vasculitis, including the extent to which biopsies are used to establish the diagnosis...
- Nasal tip necrosis--an unusual presentation of rheumatoid vasculitisG E Glass
Clinical Research, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, 369 Fulham Road, London, SW10 9NH, UK
Clin Rheumatol 26:1943-5. 2007..A biopsy was taken and histological analysis identified a lymphocytic vasculitis. She was referred to her rheumatologist, and surgical management of her necrotic nasal tip commenced...
- Sneddon syndrome and the diagnostic value of skin biopsies - three young patients with intracerebral lesions and livedo racemosaCatharina M Legierse
Department of Dermatology, Academic Medical Center, Department of Dermatology P O Box 22700, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Dermatol 18:322-8. 2008..These cases stress the difficulty of diagnosing Sneddon syndrome and show the additive value of skin biopsies in this process...
- [Livedo racemosa with ulcerations. Cyclic therapy with iloprost infusions]M Mittag
, , Liebigstrasse 21, 04103 Leipzig
Hautarzt 52:899-902. 2001..Cyclic infusions of iloprost achieved long-term clearing of the ulcerations and disappearance of the pain. To the best of our knowledge the effectiveness of this treatment has not been described for this disease in the literature...
- Engineered Vascular Tissue for Congenital MalformationsJennifer Marler; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Breast Tissue ablation by Conductive HeatingGal Shafirstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..It can also be applied, through further research, to other types of cancers (e.g. lung, kidney, head and neck) that involve surgical resection of solid tumors. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..