Genomes and Genes
Summary: Any horny growth such as a wart or callus.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications231 found, 100 shown here
- Actinic keratosis. Current treatment optionsE W Jeffes
Veteran Affairs Medical Center Long Beach, Long Beach, California, USA
Am J Clin Dermatol 1:167-79. 2000..The conversion rate of actinic keratosis to squamous cell carcinoma is not accurately known, but appears to be in the range of 0.25 to 1% per year...
- Solar keratosis is squamous cell carcinomaA Bernard Ackerman
Arch Dermatol 139:1216-7. 2003
- Actinic keratosis is an early in situ squamous cell carcinoma: a proposal for reclassificationJ Röwert-Huber
Department of Dermatology, Charite, Skin Cancer Center Charite, University Hospital of Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Br J Dermatol 156:8-12. 2007The term actinic keratosis (AK) describes a sun-induced, clinical erythematous lesion covered with scale, but does not provide an understanding of the biology or histopathology of the lesion...
- Solar keratosis: epidemiology, pathogenesis, presentation and treatmentCara Holmes
Skin and Cancer Foundation, Carlton, Australia
Australas J Dermatol 48:67-74; quiz 75-6. 2007Solar keratosis is a common problem encountered by dermatologists, particularly in Australia. Solar keratosis is most commonly found on sun-exposed areas such as the scalp, face and forearms...
- Pathology and pathobiology of actinic (solar) keratosis - an updateJ Roewert-Huber
Department of Dermatology, Charite, Skin Cancer Center Charite, University Hospital of Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Br J Dermatol 157:18-20. 2007Actinic keratosis is a UV light-induced lesion and develops mostly in fair-skinned patients being susceptible to solar damage...
- Four novel human betapapillomaviruses of species 2 preferentially found in actinic keratosisNatasa Vasiljevic
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Medical Microbiology, Lund University, University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
J Gen Virol 89:2467-74. 2008..isolate of an unpublished HPV type, and analysed their prevalence and viral loads in biopsies from SCC, actinic keratosis (AK), basal cell carcinoma, seborrhoeic keratosis and the healthy skin of 263 immunocompetent patients by HPV ..
- Photodynamic therapy using topical methyl 5-aminolevulinate compared with cryotherapy for actinic keratosis: A prospective, randomized studyR M Szeimies
Department of Dermatology, University of Regensburg, Germany
J Am Acad Dermatol 47:258-62. 2002..Photodynamic therapy (PDT) using the new highly selective photosensitizer methyl 5-aminolevulinate is a promising new treatment modality for AK...
- Imiquimod 5% cream for the treatment of actinic keratosis: results from a phase III, randomized, double-blind, vehicle-controlled, clinical trial with histologyRolf Markus Szeimies
Klinikum der Universitat Regensburg, Klinik und Poliklinik fur Dermatologie, Regensburg, Germany
J Am Acad Dermatol 51:547-55. 2004Increasing evidence suggests imiquimod may be a safe therapeutic option for the treatment of actinic keratosis (AK). The diagnosis and assessment of most AK lesions is made clinically, without histologic confirmation.
- Randomized trial evaluating a new 0.5% fluorouracil formulation demonstrates efficacy after 1-, 2-, or 4-week treatment in patients with actinic keratosisJoseph Jorizzo
Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Department of Dermatology, Clinical Sciences Building, Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1071, USA edu
Cutis 70:335-9. 2002..5% fluorouracil topical cream were compared with vehicle control for the treatment of actinic keratosis (AK)...
- A phase II dose-ranging study of topical resiquimod to treat actinic keratosisR M Szeimies
Department of Dermatology, Regensburg University Hospital, Regensburg, Germany
Br J Dermatol 159:205-10. 2008Resiquimod, a toll-like receptor 7 and 8 agonist, may be effective as a topical treatment of actinic keratosis (AK).
- Tenascin-C patterns and splice variants in actinic keratosis and cutaneous squamous cell carcinomaC Dang
Department of Dermatology, Charite, Skin Cancer Center Charite, University Hospital of Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Br J Dermatol 155:763-70. 2006..The mRNA expression and protein level of Tn-C including its various isoforms have not been investigated comprehensively so far in cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) and the precursor lesion actinic keratosis (AK).
- Dosing with 5% imiquimod cream 3 times per week for the treatment of actinic keratosis: results of two phase 3, randomized, double-blind, parallel-group, vehicle-controlled trialsNeil Korman
Department of Dermatology, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Arch Dermatol 141:467-73. 2005To evaluate the efficacy and safety of 5% imiquimod cream compared with vehicle in the treatment of actinic keratosis (AK).
- Actinic keratosis: how to differentiate the good from the bad ones?P J F Quaedvlieg
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Maastricht, P Debyelaan 25, Postbox 5800 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
Eur J Dermatol 16:335-9. 2006..I (Induration /Inflammation), D (Diameter > 1 cm), R (Rapid Enlargement), B (Bleeding), E (Erythema) and U (Ulceration). In future prospective studies, these parameters should be included...
- A comparison of photodynamic therapy using topical methyl aminolevulinate (Metvix) with single cycle cryotherapy in patients with actinic keratosis: a prospective, randomized studyM Freeman
The Skin Centre, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
J Dermatolog Treat 14:99-106. 2003Actinic keratosis (AK) is a very common condition, which has the potential of progressing to squamous cell carcinoma...
- Effect of a 1-week treatment with 0.5% topical fluorouracil on occurrence of actinic keratosis after cryosurgery: a randomized, vehicle-controlled clinical trialJoseph Jorizzo
Department of Dermatology, Clinical Sciences Building 9th Floor, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1071, USA
Arch Dermatol 140:813-6. 2004No long-term randomized controlled clinical trial has compared the efficacy of cryosurgery alone vs cryosurgery following fluorouracil applications for the treatment of actinic keratosis.
- Imiquimod for actinic keratosis: systematic review and meta-analysisGina Hadley
Pain Research and Nuffield Department of Anaesthetics, University of Oxford, The Churchill, Headington, Oxford, UK
J Invest Dermatol 126:1251-5. 2006Benefit and harm associated with treating actinic keratosis (AK) with the immune response modifier imiquimod was assessed using published randomized-controlled trials...
- Imiquimod 5% cream for the treatment of actinic keratosis: results from two phase III, randomized, double-blind, parallel group, vehicle-controlled trialsMark Lebwohl
Department of Dermatology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029 6574, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 50:714-21. 2004The immune system plays a critical role in the development and pathogenesis of actinic keratosis (AK). Imiquimod has been shown to stimulate the cutaneous immune response and be effective for the treatment of nonmelanoma skin cancers.
- Photodynamic therapy with topical methyl aminolevulinate for actinic keratosis: results of a prospective randomized multicenter trialDavid M Pariser
Division of Dermatology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, and Virginia Clinical Research Inc, Norfolk, VA, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 48:227-32. 2003..Methyl aminolevulinate (MAL) (Metvix, PhotoCure, Oslo, Norway) leads to selective accumulation of photoactive porphyrins in premalignant skin lesions and makes the lesions susceptible to phototoxic effects on illumination with red light...
- Randomized, double-blind, prospective study to compare topical 5-aminolaevulinic acid methylester with topical 5-aminolaevulinic acid photodynamic therapy for extensive scalp actinic keratosisF J Moloney
City of Dublin Skin and Cancer Hospital, Dublin 2, Ireland
Br J Dermatol 157:87-91. 2007..and 5-aminolaevulinic acid (ALA) photodynamic therapy (PDT) are both effective treatment options for actinic keratosis (AK)...
- Induction of cancer, actinic keratosis, and specific p53 mutations by UVB light in human skin maintained in severe combined immunodeficient miceT Nomura
Department of Radiation Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita, Japan
Cancer Res 57:2081-4. 1997..We have succeeded for the first time in inducing cancer and solar (actinic) keratosis in human skin by UVB. Of 18 normal skins exposed to doses of 7.3 x 10(5) to 1...
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of imiquimod and 5-fluorouracil for the treatment of actinic keratosis: Critical review and meta-analysis of efficacy studiesAditya K Gupta
Division of Dermatology, Department of Medicine, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Science Center Sunnybrook site and the University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
J Cutan Med Surg 9:209-14. 2005Actinic keratosis lesions occur frequently on sun-exposed skin of Caucasians...
- New histopathological classification of actinic keratosis (incipient intraepidermal squamous cell carcinoma)Clay J Cockerell
Dermatology and Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 4:462-7. 2005..quot; Evidence supports their inclusion along a continuum with squamous cell carcinoma. We propose a classification analogous to that used for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia...
- Human papillomavirus infection in actinic keratosis and bowen's disease: comparative study with expression of cell-cycle regulatory proteins p21(Waf1/Cip1), p53, PCNA, Ki-67, and Bcl-2 in positive and negative lesionsTsuyoshi Mitsuishi
Department of Dermatology, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Hum Pathol 34:886-92. 2003We examined the presence of human papillomavirus (HPV) DNA in tissues of premalignant skin lesions, i.e., actinic keratosis (n = 13) and Bowen's disease (n = 62), taken from 69 Japanese immunocompetent and renal transplant recipient ..
- Crossroads between actinic keratosis and squamous cell carcinoma, and novel pharmacological issuesPascale Quatresooz
Department of Dermatopathology, University Hospital Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium
Eur J Dermatol 18:6-10. 2008..In addition, recent findings are presented about pharmacotherapy using anti-epidermal growth factor receptors, imidazoquinolines, diclofenac-hyaluronan, and methyl aminolevulinate photodynamic therapy...
- [Topical chemotherapy for actinic keratosis and nonmelanoma skin cancer: current options and future perspectives]M V Barrera
Servicio de Dermatología Hospital Clínico Universitario Virgen de la Victoria Campus Universitario Teatinos Málaga España
Actas Dermosifiliogr 98:556-62. 2007Actinic keratosis is currently considered not to be a precursor of squamous cell carcinoma but, rather, an initial stage of the disease...
- Management of field change in actinic keratosisM Vatve
Department of Dermatology, Monklands Hospital, Airdrie, Lanarkshire, UK
Br J Dermatol 157:21-4. 2007..In this article we examine the concept of field cancerization and treatments available to manage field change...
- A retrospective study of the effect of long-term topical application of retinaldehyde (0.05%) on the development of actinic keratosisAlexandre Campanelli
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Dermatology 205:146-52. 2002..The role of topical retinoids on photocarcinogenesis is still unclear. Retinaldehyde is a natural metabolite of vitamin A used as a cosmetic product. Its effect on actinic keratoses has not been studied to date...
- A randomized multicenter study to compare two treatment regimens of topical methyl aminolevulinate (Metvix)-PDT in actinic keratosis of the face and scalpMikael Tarstedt
Department of Dermatology, Centre Hospital, Karlstad, and University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Acta Derm Venereol 85:424-8. 2005..The conclusion of this study is that single treatment with topical MAL-PDT is effective for thin actinic keratosis lesions; however, repeated treatment is recommended for thicker or non-responding lesions.
- Microarray analysis of aberrant gene expression in actinic keratosis: effect of the Toll-like receptor-7 agonist imiquimodA Torres
Dermatology Office, Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA, USA
Br J Dermatol 157:1132-47. 2007The molecular events leading to actinic keratosis (AK) are not well understood.
- Psoriasiform keratosis: a lesion mimicking psoriasisDiya F Mutasim
Department of Dermatology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0592, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 29:482-4. 2007Thirteen lesions from ten patients revealed findings similar to psoriasis. All except one lesion were present on the lower extremity. The term psoriasisiform keratosis is given to this recently recognized entity.
- Investigating sun-damaged skin and actinic keratosis with optical coherence tomography: a pilot studyJ K Barton
Division of Biomedical Engineering, The University of Arizona, 1230 E Speedway Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85721 0104, USA
Technol Cancer Res Treat 2:525-35. 2003Actinic Keratosis (AK) arises from sun-damaged skin and is the first clinical manifestation in the multistep process of skin carcinogenesis to invasive squamous cell carcinoma. Thus, it is an ideal target for chemopreventive efforts...
- Antigen mimicry followed by epitope spreading: a pathogenetic trigger for the clinical morphology of lichen planus and its transition to Graham Lassueur Piccardi Little Syndrome and keratosis lichenoides chronica - Medical hypotheses or reality?Georgi Tchernev
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Dermatosurgery, MVZ, Kirchheim, Germany
An Bras Dermatol 84:682-8. 2009..an exact explanation of the lichen planus pathogenesis, as well as its transition into other rare forms such as Keratosis lichenoides chronica or Graham Lassueur Piccardi Little Syndrome are scant, or totally missing...
- Current treatments of actinic keratosisMichael H Gold
Gold Skin Care Center, Nashville, TN 37215, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 5:17-25. 2006Actinic keratosis (AK) lesions should be treated because they may evolve into lesions clinically indistinguishable from those of invasive squamous cell carcinoma which require expensive therapy...
- Frequency and cost of actinic keratosis treatmentLindsey Warino
Center for Dermatology Research, Department of Dermatology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157 1070, USA
Dermatol Surg 32:1045-9. 2006Actinic keratosis (AK) is a common lesion with its highest incidence in the aged population. Although treatment strategies for AK have continued to develop, the cost of such treatments has not been recently investigated.
- Photodynamic therapy of actinic keratosis at varying fluence rates: assessment of photobleaching, pain and primary clinical outcomeM B Ericson
Department of Dermatology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg University, SE 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Br J Dermatol 151:1204-12. 2004Although photodynamic therapy (PDT) is becoming an important treatment method for skin lesions such as actinic keratosis (AK) and superficial basal cell carcinoma, there are still discussions about which fluence rate and light dose are ..
- The immunopathology of regression in benign lichenoid keratosis, keratoacanthoma and halo nevusIlene B Bayer-Garner
Department of Pathology, Marshfield Clinic, Marshfield, Wisconsin 54449, USA
Clin Med Res 2:89-97. 2004..Regression is a phenomenon present in a variety of cutaneous lesions. It is likely that similar immunologic mechanisms explain the phenomenon of spontaneous regression occurring in the various lesions...
- Comparison of the efficacy and tolerability of 3% diclofenac sodium gel and 5% imiquimod cream in the treatment of actinic keratosisOsman Kose
Department of Dermatology, Gulhane School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Dermatolog Treat 19:159-63. 2008Topical diclofenac and imiquimod have been reported to be effective in the treatment of actinic keratosis, but a study to compare these two drugs has not been reported yet.
- Association of specific p53 polymorphisms with keratosis in individuals exposed to arsenic through drinking water in West Bengal, IndiaSujata De Chaudhuri
Molecular and Human Genetics Division, Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, 4, Kolkata, India
Mutat Res 601:102-12. 2006..Arsenic induced keratosis is considered as a possible precancerous state of in situ carcinoma...
- Keratosis pilaris and ulerythema ophryogenes in a woman with monosomy of the short arm of chromosome 18Charles André Carvalho
Servico de Dermatologia, Complexo Hospitalar Santa Casa de Misericórdia de Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil
An Bras Dermatol 86:S42-5. 2011..We describe a patient with the 18p- syndrome and widespread severe keratosis pilaris and ulerythema ophryogenes. This is the fourth case in which such an association has been reported...
- Porphyrin formation in actinic keratosis and basal cell carcinoma after topical application of methyl 5-aminolevulinateEven Angell-Petersen
Department of Surgical Oncology, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo, Norway
J Invest Dermatol 126:265-71. 2006..topical methyl 5-aminolevulinate (MAL) is a new treatment modality for basal cell carcinoma (BCC) and actinic keratosis (AK). MAL induces endogenous porphyrins, which act as photosensitizers...
- Quantifying actinic keratosis: assessing the evidenceErnst Epstein
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94401, USA
Am J Clin Dermatol 5:141-4. 2004..A technique for reliably quantifying actinic keratoses is sorely needed...
- Imiquimod for the treatment of actinic keratosis: A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsMatthew E Falagas
J Am Acad Dermatol 55:537-8. 2006
- Imiquimod-induced regression of actinic keratosis is associated with infiltration by T lymphocytes and dendritic cells: a randomized controlled trialT Ooi
Department of Dermatology, Melanoma and Skin Cancer Research Institute, University of Sydney at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, NSW 2050, Australia
Br J Dermatol 154:72-8. 2006..cream is a topically applied immune response modifier that has been shown to give effective treatment of actinic keratosis (AK)...
- Topical photodynamic therapy of actinic keratosis in renal transplant recipientsS Piaserico
Clinica Dermatologica, Azienda Ospedale Università di Padova, Istituto Oncologico Veneto, Padova, Italy
Transplant Proc 39:1847-50. 2007Organ transplant recipients (OTRs) show an increased risk of precancerous (mostly actinic keratosis [AK]) and cancerous (mostly squamous cell carcinomas [SCC] and basal cell carcinomas [BCC]) cutaneous lesions...
- Dermatoscopy of pigmented actinic keratosis--a striking similarity to lentigo malignaLumír Pock
Department of Dermatology, Sumperk, Prague, Department Dermatology and Venerology, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Int J Dermatol 46:414-6. 2007Pigmented actinic keratosis (PAK) resembles lentigo maligna (LM) clinically and histopathologically in some cases.
- The diagnostic concordance of actinic keratosis and squamous cell carcinomaDaniel A Davis
Department of Dermatology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Central Arkansas Healthcare System, Little Rock, AR 72205 7199, USA
J Cutan Pathol 32:546-51. 2005Diagnostic concordance of intraepithelial malignancy is generally only fair. Because the diagnosis of actinic keratosis (AK) and squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) is not uniform and because such terms are not consonant with the nomenclature ..
- Differential expression of proliferation- and apoptosis-related markers in lentigo maligna and solar keratosis keratinocytesMeora Feinmesser
Department of Pathology, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus of the Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Petah Tivka, Israel
Am J Dermatopathol 25:300-7. 2003..The epidermis in lentigo maligna shows overall low proliferation and an apparently low apoptotic tendency. The dysfunctional epidermis may be permissive to aberrant melanocyte proliferation in the early stages of melanoma development...
- Mutational analysis of cutaneous squamous cell carcinomas and verrucal keratosis in patients taking BRAF inhibitorsRachael Anforth
Department of Dermatology, Westmead Hospital, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 25:569-72. 2012..However, the main drawback is the development of verrucal keratosis (hyperkeratotic papules with verruca-like characteristics with benign histological findings) and cutaneous ..
- Keratosis lichenoides chronica: marked response to PUVA in combination with acitretinElif Demirci
Acta Derm Venereol 85:552-3. 2005
- Low prevalence of p53, p16(INK4a) and Ha-ras tumour-specific mutations in low-graded actinic keratosisI Nindl
Department of Dermatology, Charite, Skin Cancer Center Charite, University Hospital of Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Br J Dermatol 156:34-9. 2007..Different mutation rates of p53, p16(INK4a) and Ha-ras in cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) and the earlier stage actinic keratosis (AK) have been reported.
- Health economic evaluation of non-melanoma skin cancer and actinic keratosisMitchell K Higashi
Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research and Policy Program, Department of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 22:83-94. 2004Non-melanoma skin cancer (NMSC) and actinic keratosis are becoming an increasingly important healthcare problem...
- Is alveolar ridge keratosis a true leukoplakia?: A clinicopathologic comparison of 2,153 lesionsAngela C Chi
Departmen of Stomatology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 138:641-51. 2007Alveolar ridge keratosis (ARK) is not widely recognized as a distinct clinicopathologic entity, and it often is included in studies of oral leukoplakia (OL), thereby implying premalignant potential...
- Lichen planus-like keratosis of the face: a simulator of melanoma in situGina Raptoulis
Skin and Cancer Associates, Plantation, Florida, USA
Dermatol Surg 33:854-6. 2007
- Morsicatio mucosae oris--a chronic oral frictional keratosis, not a leukoplakiaSook Bin Woo
Department of Oral Medicine, Infection, and Immunity, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 67:140-6. 2009..The objective of this study is to document the clinical features and histopathology of MMO and to reevaluate the prevalence of dysplasia and/or cancer when this frictional keratosis is removed from the category of leukoplakia.
- Photodynamic therapy in the treatment of actinic keratosisAndrea Stritt
Department of Dermatology, Inselspital, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Photochem Photobiol 84:388-98. 2008..of photodynamic therapy (PDT) with 5-aminolevulinate and methyl aminolevulinate in the treatment of actinic keratosis has been demonstrated in a large number of clinical studies over the last several years...
- Treating keratosis pilarisAndreas W Gerbig
J Am Acad Dermatol 47:457. 2002
- Levulan: the first approved topical photosensitizer for the treatment of actinic keratosisE W B Jeffes
Division of Dermatology, VA Medical Center, Long Beach, California 90822 5201, USA
J Dermatolog Treat 13:S19-23. 2002Actinic keratosis (AK) is a very common skin problem found in patients over 50 years of age, representing an in situ keratinocytic neoplasm that can progress to invasive squamous cell carcinoma of the skin...
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinase-1, -2 and -3 in squamous cell carcinoma and actinic keratosisR Tsukifuji
Division of Dermatology, National Chiba Hospital, Japan
Br J Cancer 80:1087-91. 1999..MMP-3 (stromelysin-1) was investigated in squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) and its precancerous condition, actinic keratosis (AK), using in situ hybridization techniques...
- Stroboscopic assessment of vocal fold keratosis and glottic cancerD Colden
Department of Otology and Laryngology, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston 02114, USA
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 110:293-8. 2001..the findings herein, reduced amplitude of vocal fold vibration and/or mucosal wave propagation associated with keratosis did not reliably predict the presence of cancer or the depth of cancer invasion into the laminae propriae...
- Keratosis lichenoides chronica treated with acitretin plus narrowband ultraviolet B phototherapyResit Dogan Koseoglu
J Dermatol 35:172-4. 2008
- Reflectance confocal microscopy criteria of lichen planus-like keratosisS Bassoli
Department of Dermatology, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 26:578-90. 2012Lichen planus-like keratosis (LPLK) may be difficult to differentiate from melanoma and other skin cancers on sun-damaged skin based on clinical and dermoscopic examination...
- Keratosis lichenoides chronica in pediatric patients: a different disease?Ramon Ruiz-Maldonado
Department of Dermatology, National University of Mexico
J Am Acad Dermatol 56:S1-5. 2007b>Keratosis lichenoides chronica (KLC) is a rare acquired disease of adulthood, of unknown etiology, characterized by keratotic parallel linear lesions, retiform plaques, and keratotic, often follicular papules, chronicity and lichenoid ..
- Dermoscopic pattern of intermediate stage in seborrhoeic keratosis regressing to lichenoid keratosis: report of 24 casesP Zaballos
Department of Dermatology, Hospital de Sant Pau i Santa Tecla, 43004 Tarragona, Spain
Br J Dermatol 157:266-72. 2007Lichenoid keratosis (LK) is a well-described entity which has been proposed to represent an immunological or regressive response to pre-existing epidermal lesions such as solar lentigines or seborrhoeic keratoses.
- The molecular pathology of progressive symmetric erythrokeratoderma: a frameshift mutation in the loricrin gene and perturbations in the cornified cell envelopeA Ishida-Yamamoto
Department of Dermatology, Asahikawa Medical College, Japan
Am J Hum Genet 61:581-9. 1997..This further implicates loricrin defects in the pathogenesis of disorders with palmoplantar keratoderma and pseudoainhum...
- High body mass index, dry scaly leg skin and atopic conditions are highly associated with keratosis pilarisG Yosipovitch
Department of Dermatology, Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tikva, Israel
Dermatology 201:34-6. 2000..study we have found that young patients with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus had a higher prevalence of keratosis pilaris (KP) than healthy controls, with a high correlation with body mass index (BMI) and ichthyosiform skin ..
- [Keratosis lichenoides chronica in two siblings with marked response to UVB phototherapy]R Tomb
Service de Dermatologie, Hopital Hotel Dieu de France, BP 16 6830, Achrafieh, Beyrouth, Liban
Ann Dermatol Venereol 135:835-8. 2008b>Keratosis lichenoides chronica (KLC) is a rare chronic keratinisation disorder. Out of almost 60 published cases of KLC, only two report its occurrence in siblings...
- Hereditary woolly hair and keratosis pilarisAndy J Chien
Division of Dermatology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 54:S35-9. 2006..Woolly hair elicits a broad differential diagnosis, including woolly hair nevus and several genodermatoses. Our report reviews the evaluation of woolly hair and discusses the conditions associated with this physical finding...
- From actinic keratosis to squamous cell carcinomaJean Paul Ortonne
CHU Nice, Service de Dermatologie, Hôpital L Archet 2, BP 3079, 06202 Nice cedex, France
Br J Dermatol 146:20-3. 2002The development of actinic keratosis (AK) and squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) is the result of a complex sequence of events initiated by exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light...
- Keratosis pilaris: a common follicular hyperkeratosisSharon Hwang
Dermatology and Pediatrics, New Jersey Medical School, 185 South Orange Ave, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Cutis 82:177-80. 2008b>Keratosis pilaris (KP) is a common inherited disorder of follicular hyperkeratosis It is characterized by small, folliculocentric keratotic papules that may have surrounding erythema...
- The expression of p63 in actinic keratoses, seborrheic keratosis, and cutaneous squamous cell carcinomasDavid A Wrone
Department of Dermatology, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Dermatol Surg 30:1299-302. 2004..p63 is a tumor suppressor that likely plays a role in the development of squamous cell carcinomas (SCCs) and possibly premalignant and benign skin tumors. Little data is available on its expression in these tumors...
- Pathology and pathobiology of the actinic (solar) keratosisC J Cockerell
Division of Dermatopathology, Department of Dermatology, University of Texas South Western Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Br J Dermatol 149:34-6. 2003
- Progression of actinic keratosis to squamous cell carcinoma of the skin correlates with deletion of the 9p21 region encoding the p16(INK4a) tumor suppressorL Mortier
INSERM U459, Faculté de Médecine 1, Place de Verdun, Lille Cedex 59045, France
Cancer Lett 176:205-14. 2002..Our results imply that progression of AK into SCC may involve inactivation of p16(INK4a)...
- Arsenic in drinking water and skin lesions: dose-response data from West Bengal, IndiaReina Haque
School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720 7360, USA
Epidemiology 14:174-82. 2003..The key objective of this nested case-control study was to characterize the dose-response relation between low arsenic concentrations in drinking water and arsenic-induced skin keratoses and hyperpigmentation...
- Keratosis pilaris rubra and keratosis pilaris atrophicans faciei treated with pulsed dye laser: report of 10 casesJ Alcántara González
Dermatology Department, Ramon y Cajal Hospital, Madrid, Spain
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 25:710-4. 2011b>Keratosis pilaris rubra (KPR) and keratosis pilaris atrophicans faciei (KPAF) are both keratinization disorders characterized by erythema and keratotic follicular papules usually located on cheeks, forehead, chin and eyebrows...
- Awareness, knowledge and attitudes to non-melanoma skin cancer and actinic keratosis among the general publicAllan C Halpern
Dermatology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Int J Dermatol 44:107-11. 2005..Objectives To establish the awareness, knowledge and attitudes of the general public to NMSC and provide an overview on their level of understanding and knowledge of preventative measures...
- Clinical effect of imiquimod 5% cream in the treatment of actinic keratosisAndrea N Persaud
Department of Clinical Dermatology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 47:553-6. 2002Actinic keratosis (AK) is the earliest clinical manifestation of squamous cell carcinoma. Metastatic SCC causes the majority of the 1300 to 2300 deaths attributed to nonmelanoma skin cancer in the United States each year...
- The influence of painful sunburns and lifetime sun exposure on the risk of actinic keratoses, seborrheic warts, melanocytic nevi, atypical nevi, and skin cancerCornelis Kennedy
Department of Dermatology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Invest Dermatol 120:1087-93. 2003..Neither painful sunburns nor lifetime sun exposure were associated with an increased risk of seborrheic warts...
- Genomic instability, mutations and expression analysis of the tumour suppressor genes p14(ARF), p15(INK4b), p16(INK4a) and p53 in actinic keratosisP Kanellou
Laboratory of Virology, Medical School, University of Crete, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Cancer Lett 264:145-61. 2008Actinic keratosis (AK) is a well-established pre-cancerous skin lesion that has the potential to progress to squamous cell carcinoma (SCC)...
- Generalized psoriasis induced by topical treatment of actinic keratosis with imiquimodP A Fanti
Int J Dermatol 45:1464-5. 2006
- The kinetics of skin cancer: progression of actinic keratosis to squamous cell carcinomaAaron Fuchs
Department of Dermatology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, New York 10029, USA
Dermatol Surg 33:1099-101. 2007..SCCs are the second most common cancer with more than 200,000 cases each year in America. Approximately 10% of AKs will progress to SCCs. This progression is thought to be due to chronic sun exposure, specifically ultraviolet B sunlight...
- The development of actinic keratosis into invasive squamous cell carcinoma: evidence and evolving classification schemesJamshaid Anwar
Section of Cutaneous and Aesthetic Surgery, Department of Dermatology, Northwestern University School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Clin Dermatol 22:189-96. 2004Actinic keratosis is an incipient form of cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma. Consequently, actinic keratoses must be treated expeditiously to forestall their downward growth...
- Comparative histochemical study of Bowen's disease and actinic keratosis: preserved normal basal cells in Bowen's diseaseH Ishida
Department of Dermatology, Fukui Medical University, Yoshida-gun, Japan
Eur J Histochem 45:177-90. 2001..This technique was applied to examine 17 skin tissue samples of Bowen's disease, 47 of actinic keratosis, 15 of squamous cell carcinoma, 5 of seborrheic keratosis, and 10 of normal skin...
- Awareness of, knowledge of and attitudes to nonmelanoma skin cancer (NMSC) and actinic keratosis (AK) among physiciansAllan C Halpern
Dermatology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Int J Dermatol 43:638-42. 2004..Approximately 80% of NMSCs are basal cell carcinoma (BCC) and 20% are squamous cell carcinoma (SCC). Actinic keratosis (AK) is a precancerous lesion that may develop into SCC.
- Comparison of the microvasculature of basal cell carcinoma and actinic keratosis using intravital microscopy and immunohistochemistryB Newell
Division of Physiological Medicine Dermatology, St George s Hospital Medical School, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 0RE, U K
Br J Dermatol 149:105-10. 2003Angiogenesis is a prerequisite for growth of invasive tumours. We hypothesized that angiogenesis would be present in invasive basal cell carcinoma (BCC) but not in a noninvasive tumour such as actinic keratosis (AK).
- Long-term clinical outcomes following treatment of actinic keratosis with imiquimod 5% creamPeter K Lee
Department of Dermatology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55406, USA
Dermatol Surg 31:659-64. 2005..studies showed that imiquimod 5% cream (imiquimod) was safe and effective in the treatment of actinic keratosis (AK)...
- Keratosis rubra pilaris responding to potassium titanyl phosphate laserG Dawn
Br J Dermatol 147:822-4. 2002
- Topical photodynamic therapy using intense pulsed light for treatment of actinic keratosis: clinical and histopathologic evaluationHyung Su Kim
Department of Dermatology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Dermatol Surg 31:33-6; discussion 36-7. 2005Photodynamic therapy (PDT) is suitable for the treatment of actinic keratosis, and, recently, topical PDT using intense pulsed light as a light source has been reported...
- Defective beta1-integrins expression in arsenical keratosis and arsenic-treated cultured human keratinocytesChih Hung Lee
Department of Dermatology, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Cutan Pathol 33:129-38. 2006..Many cutaneous diseases with perturbed differentiation, including arsenical keratosis, show altered patterns of integrin distribution and expression...
- Successful treatment of actinic keratosis with imiquimod cream 5%: a report of six casesE Stockfleth
Department of Dermatology, University of Kiel, Schittenhelmstrasse 7, D 24105 Kiel, Germany
Br J Dermatol 144:1050-3. 2001..Actinic keratoses (AK) are premalignant lesions, which are routinely treated by destructive procedures such as cryotherapy, electrodessication or topical 5-fluorouracil...
- Efficacy of 3 different light doses in the treatment of actinic keratosis with 5-aminolevulinic acid photodynamic therapy: a randomized, observer-blinded, intrapatient, comparison studySonja Radakovic-Fijan
Division of Special and Environmental Dermatology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Am Acad Dermatol 53:823-7. 2005..therapy (ALA-PDT) has been established in recent years as an effective treatment for disseminated actinic keratosis (AK)...
- Important factors for pain during photodynamic therapy for actinic keratosisCarin Sandberg
Department of Dermatology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Acta Derm Venereol 86:404-8. 2006Photodynamic therapy (PDT) is an efficient treatment for actinic keratosis. A common problem, however, is pain. The aim of this study was to investigate pain during PDT for actinic keratosis...
- Keratosis pilaris and ulerythema ophryogenes associated with an 18p deletion caused by a Y/18 translocationS A Nazarenko
Institute of Medical Genetics, Tomsk, Russia
Am J Med Genet 85:179-82. 1999..monosomy of the short arm of chromosome 18 caused by de novo translocation t(Y;18) and a generalized form of keratosis pilaris (keratosis pilaris affecting the skin follicles of the trunk, limbs and face-ulerythema ophryogenes)...
- Actinic keratosis associated with squamous and basal cell carcinomas: an evaluation of neoplastic progression by a standardized AgNOR analysisG Giuffre
Department of Human Pathology, University of Messina, Messina, Italy
Eur J Histochem 52:53-60. 2008In an attempt to investigate the neoplastic progression in different stages of actinic keratosis (AK), a standardized AgNOR analysis was performed in 94 cases of AK, 35 of which were associated with squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) or basal ..
- Solar keratoses: a risk factor for melanoma but negative association with melanocytic naeviV Bataille
Dermatology Department, Royal London Hospital, UK
Int J Cancer 78:8-12. 1998..The fact that these 2 phenotypes were found to be negatively associated suggests that susceptibility to melanoma may be expressed via 2 distinct cutaneous phenotypes which may be genetically determined...
- Photodynamic therapy with violet light and topical 6-aminolaevulinic acid in the treatment of actinic keratosis, Bowen's disease and basal cell carcinomaA T Dijkstra
Department of Dermatology, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 15:550-4. 2001..in 82% of the superficial BCCs (100% after a second treatment), 50% of the nodular BCCs, one of the four solar keratosis lesions (partial remission in the other three) and 90-100% of the solitary lesions of Bowen's disease...
- Light patch: preliminary report of a novel form of blue light delivery for the treatment of actinic keratosisBrian Zelickson
Department of Dermatology, University of Minnesota and Skin Specialists Ltd, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55402, USA
Dermatol Surg 31:375-8. 2005To evaluate a novel light patch formulated for blue light delivery and topical activation of gamma-aminolevulinic acid (ALA) during photodynamic therapy for the treatment of actinic keratosis (AK).
- Demonstration of antibody to 230 kDa bullous pemphigoid antigen in lichen planus-like keratosisM Seishima
Department of Dermatology, Ogaki Municipal Hospital, Minaminokawa cho 4 86, Ogaki City, 503 8502, Japan
Eur J Dermatol 9:393-6. 1999We describe a 67-year-old man with lichen planus-like keratosis associated with anti-230 kDa bullous pemphigoid antigen (BPAG1) autoantibody...
- Phase IV, open-label assessment of the treatment of actinic keratosis with 3.0% diclofenac sodium topical gel (Solaraze)Christopher Nelson
University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 3:401-7. 2004..The topical application of 3.0% diclofenac sodium gel provides a safe and effective approach for the treatment of AK...
- Actinic keratosis: an occupational and environmental disorderR A Schwartz
Department of Dermatology, New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ, USA
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 22:606-15. 2008..We will review the topic of actinic keratoses among these individuals as this common rudimentary form of superficial cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma is explored in greater detail...
- Evaluation of the efficacy and tolerability of 0.5% fluorouracil cream and 5% fluorouracil cream applied to each side of the face in patients with actinic keratosisKeith Loven
Rivergate Dermatology and Skin Care Center, Goodlettsville, Tennessee 37072, USA
Clin Ther 24:990-1000. 2002..A new 0.5% fluorouracil cream has been developed that provides an alternative to the more highly concentrated topical formulations of fluorouracil that are currently available...
- The GSTM1 null genotype confers an increased risk for solar keratosis development in an Australian Caucasian populationMelanie A Carless
Genomics Research Center, School of Health Science, Griffith University, Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
J Invest Dermatol 119:1373-8. 2002....
- Selenium against arsenic toxicity and skin lesionsJULIAN SPALLHOLZ; Fiscal Year: 2005..Secondary/Exploratory: Progression or arrested progression of 1) palmar-plantar keratosis 2) melanosis of the upper trunk, assessed from controlled, randomized, blinded high-res, photographs by a panel ..
- CHEMOPREVENTION OF SKIN CANCER PROGRAM PROJECTGeorge Timothy Bowden; Fiscal Year: 2013..e. actinic keratosis, squamous cell carcinoma in situ) and dramatically reduce the risk of squamous cell carcinoma of the skin...
- Role of DeltaNp63alpha in Vitamin D Mediated Cell Survival in Skin CancerMadhavi P Kadakia; Fiscal Year: 2013..between each of the components of this pathway in tumor tissues from patients with SCC, BCC and actinic keratosis. The involvement of VD3, VDR and [unreadable]Np63a in UV induced skin cancer development will also be tested in ..
- Role of SAG/RBX2 E3 Ubiquitin Ligase in Skin CarcinogenesisYi Sun; Fiscal Year: 2013..and finally 5) SAG is overexpressed in all three developmental stages of human skin SCC (namely, actinic keratosis, SCC in situ, and invasive SCC)...
- Microbiome-Based Risk Assessment: Reciprocal Effects of Arsenic on EnvironmentalStephanie Bachas-Daunert; Fiscal Year: 2013..Chronic exposure leads to arsenicosis, which includes melanosis, keratosis, as well as lung, bladder, kidney, and skin cancer...
- Real Time, Automated Singlet Oxygen Dosimeter for PDTSteven Davis; Fiscal Year: 2009..applied to important areas outside of cancer treatment including age related macular degeneration and actinic keratosis, a pre-cancerous skin condition...
- Genome-wide association study of cutaneous squamous cell carcinomaMARYAM MANDANA ASGARI; Fiscal Year: 2013..test for interactions with established SCC risk factors, including pigmentation, gender, smoking, and actinic keratosis (a clinical marker for chronic ultraviolet light exposure)...
- Novel Topical Treatment for Disorders of KeratinizationBakul Bhatt; Fiscal Year: 2005..various forms of ichthyosis, palmoplantar keratoderma, and follicular keratoses such as Darier's disease and keratosis pilaris. Keratosis pilaris is prevalent in 40% of the population, and as high as 80% of adolescent women...
- IDENTIFYING THE PAPILLON LEFEVRE SYNDROME GENE DEFECTTHOMAS HART; Fiscal Year: 2001..PLS is a hereditary condition characterized by diffuse transgradiens palmoplantar keratosis and severe, early onset periodontitis resulting in premature loss of both the deciduous and permanent teeth...
- Pathophysiology and Nosology of Keratinocyte NeoplasiaThomas Horn; Fiscal Year: 2006..neoplasia, practicing dermatopathologists and dermatologists to focus expertise on the topic of actinic keratosis and squamous cell carcinoma in situ. Disagreement exists regarding the nosology of these disorders...
- PHASE II CLINICAL TRIAL OF CELECOXIB (OR NSAID) IN SUBCraig Elmets; Fiscal Year: 2000In this Phase II, randomized double-bind study, the efficacy of Celecoxib in actinic keratosis (AK) patients will be evaluated...
- Visualizing Clonal Expansion in Living MiceDouglas Brash; Fiscal Year: 2005..In the future, we will ask: Does clonal expansion create new stem cells? Does a clone progress through actinic keratosis to carcinoma? Can UVA drive clonal expansion by reducing intercellular communication? Do clones regress by ..
- Dermatomyositis Skin Disease Severity Measure ValidationJOSPEH JORIZZO; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Efficacy of Web-based Training in Skin Cancer TriageMartin Weinstock; Fiscal Year: 2007..If this course is found to be efficacious, it will be made freely available on the web, and we will plan efforts to encourage its broad dissemination. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SKIN SELF EXAMINATION FOR EARLY DETECTION OF MELANOMAMartin Weinstock; Fiscal Year: 2002..The knowledge and experiment thus gained will aid the continuing efforts to encourage SSE and reduce melanoma mortality. ..
- THE FRAMINGHAM SCHOOL STUDY OF NEVI IN CHILDREN: SONIC IIAllan Halpern; Fiscal Year: 2008..And, they will permit education of clinicians about the changes that routinely occur in nevi in adolescence which, in turn, should lead to a reduction of the large number of unnecessary nevus excisions in this age group. ..
- Colorectal Screening Capacity Building ConferenceDavid Alberts; Fiscal Year: 2003..Continued capacity building and future collaboration will also be woven into this conference to serve as a stone to build upon in the future. ..
- Optical Imaging of Ovarian Carcinogenesis in a Rat Menopause ModelJennifer Kehlet Barton; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..
- Topical Treatment for Mild PsoriasisWendy Bollag; Fiscal Year: 2007..An effective, easy-to-use, low-cost therapy suitable for long-term relief would be a great boon. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF THE KERATODERMASAngela Christiano; Fiscal Year: 2008..We anticipate that the approach of classical genetics will continue to identify new components of the epidermis in the next award period, and yield new insights into proteins with critical roles in skin biology [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF ALOPECIA AREATAAngela Christiano; Fiscal Year: 2009..We anticipate these studies will provide a foundation for understanding the interactions of these genes with each other and with other variables such as the immune system. ..
- PHOSPHOLIPASE D AND KERATINOCYTE DIFFERENTIATIONWendy Bollag; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Rexinoid Synergy in Prostate Cancer ApoptosisMarcia Dawson; Fiscal Year: 2009..We anticipate that our results will provide a more effective and less systemically toxic means of enhancing the efficacy of chemotherapeutic agents currently used to treat prostate cancer. ..
- Keratinocyte Costimulation and Th2-Cell Immune DeviationAnthony Gaspari; Fiscal Year: 2009..Similar mechanistic studies of the molecular basis of other skin diseases such as psoriasis have led to the development of biological response modifiers that are now in clinical use. ..
- Phase Ib trial of TD101 siRNA for pachyonychia congenita (IND 77,504, 12-03-07)Sancy Leachman; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF THE KERATODERMASAngela Christiano; Fiscal Year: 2002..The salary support requested will allow her to devote significantly more time to laboratory research, and decrease the amount of time she spends in educational responsibilities. ..
- CLINICAL AND GENETIC STUDIES OF NETHERTON SYNDROMEGabriele Richard; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Use of GIS in analyzing environmental cancer risks as a*Robin Harris; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Epithelial ReprogrammingAngela Christiano; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- IRRITANTS EFFECTS ON EPIDERMAL ANTIGEN PRESENTATIONAnthony Gaspari; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- CONNEXINS AND THEIR ROLE IN EPIDERMAL DIFFERENTIATIONGabriele Richard; Fiscal Year: 2004..We expect that these approaches provide critical information on the patho-mechanism of connexin defects in skin. ..
- GENE INHIBITION STRATEGIES FOR HAIR REMOVALAngela Christiano; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is our plan to apply for Phase II STTR funding for extended pre-clinical studies immediately upon successfu/completion of Phase I STTR funding, and eventually to extend these studies into human clinical trials. ..
- Regularity Mechanisms of Aldosterone SecretionWendy Bollag; Fiscal Year: 2006..The complex interactions between AngII and serum K+ levels suggest that abnormalities in the glomerulosa cell response to either agonist, or both, may contribute to the development of some forms of hypertension. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Transcriptional profiling in childhood diseasesWilliam Craigen; Fiscal Year: 2006..These results will help in counseling, the development of potential therapies, and assessing long-term outcomes. ..
- 2005 Epithelial Differentiation Keratinization-GRCAngela Christiano; Fiscal Year: 2005..The specific goal of this proposal is to generate funds to support the travel, registration and subsistence for the speakers, chairs and major participants in the conference. ..
- OCULAR MELANOMAPaul Finger; Fiscal Year: 2003..Standardized clinical and data collection procedures will be employed, and standardized forms will be used in all centers. Central training and certification of all study staff will be required. ..
- Parallel OCT System for Endoscopic ImagingJennifer Barton; Fiscal Year: 2004..A series of studies will be performed to determine the value of OCT in distinguishing between normal bladder tissue, carcinoma in situ (Tis), and cancer confined to mucosa (Ta) lamina propria (Ti) and muscle (T2)...
- Osteopontin and microenvironment of initiated cellsPi Ling Chang; Fiscal Year: 2010..These proposed in vivo and in vitro studies will shed light on the molecular mechanism(s) by which a matricellular protein enhances the survival of transforming cells during early tumor promotion. ..
- Imaging the vascular response to implantsJennifer Barton; Fiscal Year: 2006..This aim includes developing miniature probes for intravascular and external use, increasing acquisition speed, and performing signal and image processing to measure perfusion, shear rate, and tissue image texture. ..
- Ethnopharmacological Studies in Oral MedicineMichael Colvard; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposal will form the basis of a program aimed at the discovery and development of botanically derived oral medications for non-microbial originating oral diseases and conditions. ..
- Role of Osteopontin in Tumor PromotionPi Ling Chang; Fiscal Year: 2005..Together, these studies will provide a better understanding of the role of OPN in tumor promotion and may contribute to the design of a mechanism-based strategy for cancer prevention. ..