Summary: Inflammation of follicles, primarily hair follicles.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications233 found, 100 shown here
- Pityrosporum folliculitis: diagnosis and management in 6 female adolescents with acne vulgarisKatherine Ayers
Division of Dermatology, Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester 01605, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 159:64-7. 2005Pityrosporum folliculitis is a common inflammatory skin disorder that may mimic acne vulgaris. Some adolescents with recalcitrant follicular pustules or papules may have acne and Pityrosporum folliculitis simultaneously...
- Tufted folliculitis of the scalp: a distinctive clinicohistological variant of folliculitis decalvansG Annessi
Department of Dermatology and Dermatopathology, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Br J Dermatol 138:799-805. 1998Tufted folliculitis is an uncommon folliculitis of the scalp that resolves with patches of scarring alopecia within which multiple hair tufts emerge from dilated follicular orifices...
- Ofuji's disease with follicular mucinosis and its differential diagnosis from alopecia mucinosaJ Yu Yun Lee
Department of Dermatology, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
J Cutan Pathol 30:307-13. 2003Ofuji's disease (OD) or eosinophilic pustular folliculitis and human immunodeficiency virus-associated eosinophilic folliculitis (HIV-EF) both show eosinophil-rich folliculocentric infiltrates, and it is not clear whether they are ..
- [Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis in infancy: an unusual case]S Boudaya
Service de Dermatologie, CHU Hédi Chaker 3029, Sfax, Tunisie
Ann Dermatol Venereol 130:451-4. 2003Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis in children is a follicular inflammatory dermatosis, usually occurring early in life...
- [Feline idiopathic mural folliculitis with sebaceous adenitis]M de Sepibus
Veterinärpathologisches Institut, Universitat Zurich
Schweiz Arch Tierheilkd 146:89-91. 2004
- Molluscum folliculitis after leg shavingBangjin Lee
J Am Acad Dermatol 51:478-9. 2004
- A review of 55 cases of cutaneous lymphoid hyperplasia: reassessment of the histopathologic findings leading to reclassification of 4 lesions as cutaneous marginal zone lymphoma and 19 as pseudolymphomatous folliculitisEiichi Arai
Department of Pathology, Saitama Medical School, Iruma gun, Japan
Hum Pathol 36:505-11. 2005..to assess whether newly recognized diagnoses, such as cutaneous marginal zone lymphoma and pseudolymphomatous folliculitis (PLF), may have been overlooked, we reexamined 55 Japanese cases of nonepidermotropic lymphoproliferative ..
- Genotypic relatedness of staphylococcal strains isolated from pustules and carriage sites in dogs with superficial bacterial folliculitisLauren R Pinchbeck
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, 43210, USA
Am J Vet Res 67:1337-46. 2006To determine whether staphylococcal isolates cultured from pustules and carriage sites in dogs with superficial bacterial folliculitis were genotypically the same strain by use of pulsed-field gel electrophoresis (PFGE).
- Phytomenadione pre-treatment in EGFR inhibitor-induced folliculitisH Tomková
Department of Dermatology, T Bata Regional Hospital, Zlin, Czech Republic
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 27:514-9. 2013..Acneiform eruptions are the most frequent skin toxicities reported. They may lead to impairment of patients' quality of life and sometimes may even become severe enough to necessitate the interruption or cessation of therapy...
- Treatment of gram-negative folliculitis in patients with acneRoland Boni
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Am J Clin Dermatol 4:273-6. 2003Gram-negative folliculitis may be the result of long-term antibacterial treatment in acne patients...
- Localization of human beta-defensin-2 and human neutrophil peptides in superficial folliculitisT Oono
Br J Dermatol 148:188-91. 2003
- Acne keloidalis nuchae and tufted hair folliculitisM Luz Ramos
Department of Medical Surgical Dermatology and Venerecology, Hospital Universitario Virgen Macarena, Faculty of Medicine, University of Seville, Spain
Dermatology 194:71-3. 1997Acne keloidalis nuchae is a chronic, scarring folliculitis that affects mostly black patients and is located on the back of the neck of young adults...
- Folliculitis decalvansNina Otberg
Department of Dermatology and Skin Science, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Dermatol Ther 21:238-44. 2008b>Folliculitis decalvans is a rare inflammatory scalp disorder. The present paper gives a practical approach to diagnosis and patient management and reviews possible pathogenetic factors and treatment options...
- Involvement of granulysin-producing T cells in the development of superficial microbial folliculitisT Oono
Department of Dermatology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama, Japan
Br J Dermatol 150:904-9. 2004..Superficial microbial folliculitis is a common skin disease...
- Perforating folliculitis, angioedema, hand-foot syndrome--multiple cutaneous side effects in a patient treated with sorafenibCarola Wolber
Donauspital SMZ Ost, Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Vienna, Austria
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 7:449-52. 2009..In addition to xerosis, he developed angioedema (AE), hand-foot syndrome (HFS) and perforating folliculitis (PF). The latter three occurred in a dose-dependent manner...
- Proliferative, lymphocytic, infundibular mural folliculitis and dermatitis with prominent follicular apoptosis and parakeratotic casts in four Labrador retrievers: preliminary description and response to therapyAnn M Hargis
DermatoDiagnostics, Edmonds, WA 98026, USA
Vet Dermatol 24:346-54, e76-7. 2013..To describe the clinical, histopathological and immunohistochemical lesions and the response to therapy of a novel skin disease in four dogs, and to compare the lesions with those of other similar conditions...
- Folliculitis decalvans: the use of dermatoscopy as an auxiliary tool in clinical diagnosisMariana Rocha Fabris
Dermatology Resident, Marcilio Dias Naval Hospital, Rio de JaneiroRJ, Brazil
An Bras Dermatol 88:814-6. 2013b>Folliculitis decalvans is an inflammatory presentation of cicatrizing alopecia characterized by inflammatory perifollicular papules and pustules...
- PGD2 induces eotaxin-3 via PPARγ from sebocytes: a possible pathogenesis of eosinophilic pustular folliculitisKyoko Nakahigashi
Department of Dermatology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
J Allergy Clin Immunol 129:536-43. 2012Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis (EPF) is a chronic intractable pruritic dermatosis characterized by massive eosinophil infiltrates involving the pilosebaceous units...
- Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis: a 40 year retrospectStephen J Nervi
Dermatology, New Jersey Medical School, Newark 07103 2714, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 55:285-9. 2006Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis (EPF) is a noninfectious eosinophilic infiltration of hair follicles first described 40 years ago...
- Therapeutic effectiveness of various treatments for eosinophilic pustular folliculitisShoko Fukamachi
Department of Dermatology, University of Environmental and Occupational Health, Kitakyushu, Japan
Acta Derm Venereol 89:155-9. 2009Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis is a rare dermatosis. Recently, in addition to oral indomethacin, other treatments have been applied for eosinophilic pustular folliculitis...
- Herpetic folliculitisShehab A M Al-Dhafiri
Division of Dermatology, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal General Hospital, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
J Cutan Med Surg 6:19-22. 2002Although herpetic skin infection is very common, herpetic folliculitis is infrequently reported in the literature...
- Herpes folliculitis: clinical, histopathological, and molecular pathologic observationsA Boer
Dermatologikum Hamburg, Stephansplatz 5, 20354 Hamburg, Germany
Br J Dermatol 154:743-6. 2006Herpes folliculitis is a rare manifestation of herpes virus infection and it is often misdiagnosed. Diagnostic criteria are not well established, only 24 patients being reported in the literature...
- Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis: a comprehensive review of treatment optionsElliot Ellis
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Clin Dermatol 5:189-97. 2004Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis (EPF), also known as Ofuji disease, is a disease that manifests with follicular papules or pustules...
- Tufted hair folliculitis in a woman treated with trastuzumabIlana S Rosman
Division of Dermatology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid, Campus Box 8123, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Target Oncol 5:295-6. 2010..However, inhibitors of HER2 are not associated with specific skin toxicity. We present a case of tufted hair folliculitis, an inflammatory scalp condition causing scaling and pruritus, in a woman being treated with trastuzumab, a ..
- Cutaneous larva migrans with folliculitis: report of seven cases and review of the literatureE Caumes
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, CHU de la Pitié Salpêtrière, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Br J Dermatol 146:314-6. 2002..patients (four men, three women, mean age 31 years), all returning from the tropics, presented with pruritic folliculitis and creeping eruption...
- Extensive cutaneous larva migrans with folliculitis mimicking multimetameric herpes zoster presentation in an adult traveler returning from ThailandDenis Malvy
Travel Clinics and Tropical Disease Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine, University Hospital Center, Bordeaux, France
J Travel Med 13:244-7. 2006..Simple anamnestic information--often revealing beach activities--and clinical aspect of the creeping eruption allow to prevent diagnosis delay and to avoid aggressive or inadequate intervention...
- Hookworm folliculitisValenie Rivera-Roig
Department of Dermatology, University of Puerto Rico, School of Medicine, San Juan, Puerto Rico
Int J Dermatol 47:246-8. 2008
- A case of recurrent pseudolymphomatous folliculitis: A mimic of cutaneous lymphomaEun Ji Kwon
Department of Dermatology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 60:994-1000. 2009Pseudolymphomatous folliculitis is a rare entity. We present a 62-year-old man with a recurrent solitary nodule on his nose requiring multiple excisions...
- Aeromonas hydrophila folliculitis associated with an inflatable swimming pool: mimicking Pseudomonas aeruginosa infectionMarc Julià Manresa
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Sant Joan de Deu, Barcelona, Spain
Pediatr Dermatol 26:601-3. 2009..However, Aeromonas folliculitis has been rarely reported...
- Eosinophilic folliculitis: before and after the introduction of antiretroviral therapyPriya M Rajendran
School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Arch Dermatol 141:1227-31. 2005To characterize the relationship of new eosinophilic folliculitis (EF) cases between June 30, 1994, and January 5, 2000, and antiretroviral therapy (ART) status and immune reconstitution.
- Mural folliculitis and alopecia caused by infection with goat-associated malignant catarrhal fever virus in two sika deerTimothy B Crawford
Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Pathology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Washington State University, Pullman 99164, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 221:843-7, 801. 2002..The predominant histologic lesion in skin specimens was granulomatous mural folliculitis. Serologic testing and sequencing of fragments produced with a consensus polymerase chain reaction assay ..
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis and Pityrosporum (Malassezia) folliculitis: characterization of inflammatory cells and mediators in the skin by immunohistochemistryJ Faergemann
Department of Dermatology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, S 413 45 Gothenburg, Sweden
Br J Dermatol 144:549-56. 2001..The fact that Pityrosporum ovale plays a part in seborrhoeic dermatitis is well established but the mechanism of this relationship has not been established...
- Folliculitis decalvans--a retrospective study in a tertiary referred centre, over five yearsP H Chandrawansa
Karapitiya Teaching Hospital, Galle, Sri Lanka
Singapore Med J 44:84-7. 2003b>Folliculitis decalvans is a rare condition affecting mainly the scalp leading to scarring alopecia. Aetiology of the condition is still unknown, abnormal host response to Staphylococcus aureus has been postulated...
- Photodynamic therapy: new treatment for recalcitrant Malassezia folliculitisJin Woong Lee
Department of Dermatology, Chung Ang University College of Medicine, Seoul 140 757, South Korea
Lasers Surg Med 42:192-6. 2010Malassezia folliculitis commonly has been treated with oral antifungal medications...
- Pruritic papular eruption and eosinophilic folliculitis associated with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection: a histopathological and immunohistochemical comparative studyJoão Paulo Junqueira Magalhães Afonso
Department of Dermatology, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Am Acad Dermatol 67:269-75. 2012..related to human immunodeficiency (HIV) infection, two entities remain poorly differentiated leading to confusion in their diagnosis: HIV-related pruritic papular eruption (HIV-PPE or prurigo) and eosinophilic folliculitis (HIV-EF).
- Folliculitis decalvans of the scalp: response to triple therapy with isotretinoin, clindamycin, and prednisoloneAstrid Gemmeke
Acta Dermatovenerol Alp Panonica Adriat 15:184-6. 2006b>Folliculitis decalvans of the scalp is a recurrent, purulent follicular inflammation leading to scarring alopecia...
- Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis: case report and review of the literatureLela Lankerani
Department of Dermatology, Frankford Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Cutis 86:190-4. 2010Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis (EPF) is a rare dermatosis characterized by recurrent outbreaks of papulopustular skin lesions mainly distributed in seborrheic areas...
- Outbreak of Pseudomonas aeruginosa folliculitis associated with a swimming pool inflatableD Tate
Health Protection Unit, Health House, Grange Park Lane, Willerby, UK
Epidemiol Infect 130:187-92. 2003..swimming pool and played on an inflatable, subsequently presenting to a Primary Care Nurse Practitioner with folliculitis. A total of 35 cases was identified during the outbreak...
- Tufted hair folliculitis associated with pemphigus vulgarisU Jappe
Department of Dermatology, University of Heidelberg, Germany
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 17:223-6. 2003Tufted hair folliculitis (THF) is a rare disease which is characterized by the emergence of multiple hairs from widely dilated follicular orifices surrounded by an inflammatory infiltrate resulting in scarring alopecia...
- [Necrotizing folliculitis in Behçet's disease]S Trad
Service de Medecine Interne, CHU de la Pitié Salpêtrière, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris VI, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Rev Med Interne 30:268-70. 2009..The patient was admitted for the association of scrotal ulceration and inguinal folliculitis, suggesting a Behcet's disease flare-up...
- A case of pseudolymphomatous folliculitisH W Lee
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 20:230-2. 2006
- Unusual T cell pseudolymphoma with features of so-called pseudolymphomatous folliculitisJ L Dargent
Dermatology 204:159-61. 2002
- Role of Th2 cytokines, RANTES and eotaxin in AIDS-associated eosinophilic folliculitisP Amerio
Division of Dermatology, Sunnybrook Health Science Centre, University of Toronto, Canada
Acta Derm Venereol 81:92-5. 2001The pathogenesis of AIDS-associated eosinophilic folliculitis is still unknown. The expression of chemokines and Th2-type cytokines is increased in other conditions associated with tissue eosinophilia and in allergic reactions...
- Folliculitis decalvans: successful treatment with a combination of rifampicin and topical mupirocinSukhjot Kaur
J Dermatol 29:180-1. 2002
- Nd:YAG laser treatment of recalcitrant folliculitis decalvansEric C Parlette
LT MC USNR, Third Year Resident, Naval Medical Center, San Diego, California 92134 5000, USA
Dermatol Surg 30:1152-4. 2004..The scarring follicular disorders pose challenging therapeutic dilemmas...
- Eosinophilic folliculitis in a Caucasian patient: association with toxocariasis?A Gesierich
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 20:1317-21. 2006Sterile eosinophilic folliculitis, a clinical entity first described by Ofuji in 1970, is a rather rare skin disorder, in particular in the non-Asian population...
- EGFR inhibitor-associated acneiform folliculitis: assessment and managementMadeleine Duvic
Department of Dermatology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Am J Clin Dermatol 9:285-94. 2008..growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitors is associated with cutaneous adverse events, including acneiform folliculitis, dry skin, and nail disorders...
- Micrococcus folliculitis in HIV-1 diseaseK J Smith
Departments of Dermatology and Pathology, National Naval Medical Center, 8901 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20889 5600, USA
Br J Dermatol 141:558-61. 1999..Micrococcus species are usually considered normal inhabitants of the skin; however, in patients with HIV-1 disease, Micrococcus species can produce localized cutaneous infections...
- Demodex folliculitis: a skin manifestation of immune reconstitution diseaseNathalie M Delfos
AIDS 18:701-2. 2004
- Folliculitis-perifolliculitis related to erlotinib therapy spares previously irradiated skinJayati Acharya
Department of Clinical Oncology, St James s Institute of Oncology, Leeds, United Kingdom
J Am Acad Dermatol 60:154-7. 2009..A limitation of this study is that it is an anecdotal case report. Further research into the pathologic process of the rash is warranted to understand the reason for its absence in the irradiated skin...
- Strongyloidiasis histologically mimicking eosinophilic folliculitisSerafinella P Cannavo
Department of Territorial Social Medicine, Clinica Dermatologica Policlinico Universitario, Via C Valeria, Gazzi, 98125 Messina, Italy
Eur J Dermatol 14:264-5. 2004..The patient presented with marked blood eosinophilia and an itching maculo-papular eruption, histologically simulating eosinophilic folliculitis. The clinical resolution was achieved after albendazol therapy.
- Eosinophilic folliculitis: an example of 'immune reconstitution folliculitis'?Mignon Moyle
AIDS 18:2350-2. 2004
- Focal and generalized folliculitis following smallpox vaccination among vaccinia-naive recipientsThomas R Talbot
Department of Medicine, Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN, USA
JAMA 289:3290-4. 2003..During a multicenter, randomized controlled trial investigating the efficacy of various dilutions of smallpox vaccine, we observed the appearance of a papulovesicular eruption (focal and generalized) in study volunteers...
- Epiluminescence dermatoscopy enhanced patient compliance and achieved treatment success in pseudofolliculitis barbaeAntonio Chuh
Department of Medicine, University of Hong Kong and Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam, Hong Kong SAR, China
Australas J Dermatol 47:60-2. 2006..Such real-time demonstration led to an attitude change and good compliance with medical advice against over shaving, resulting in a successful treatment outcome...
- Primary cicatricial alopecia: clinical features and managementElizabeth K Ross
Dermatology and Laser Center, NW, Bellingham, WA, USA
Dermatol Nurs 19:137-43; quiz144. 2007..Nurses can facilitate the diagnostic and treatment process and, through educational and emotionally supportive measures, have a meaningful, positive impact on the patient's well being...
- Skin diseases associated with Malassezia speciesAditya K Gupta
Division of Dermatology, Department of Medicine, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Science Center Sunnybrook site and the University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Am Acad Dermatol 51:785-98. 2004..with a number of diseases affecting the human skin, such as pityriasis versicolor, Malassezia (Pityrosporum) folliculitis, seborrheic dermatitis and dandruff, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, and--less commonly--with other dermatologic ..
- [Ofuji's diseases and pregnancy. A report of a case]Héctor Israel Gutiérrez Gutiérrez
Departamento de Medicina Materno Fetal, Hospital de Ginecología y Obstetricia, Instituto Materno Infantil del Estado de México
Ginecol Obstet Mex 74:158-63. 2006Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis, which was first described by Ofuji, is a type of dermatosis characterized by pruritic, follicular, papules and pustules that gradually extend peripherally and have central tendency...
- Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis in infancy in a Japanese neonateHiroyuki Miura
Pediatr Dermatol 21:615-6. 2004
- [Ofuji's disease: description of a case]I García Río
Servicio de Dermatologia, Hospital Santiago Apostol, Vitoria Gasteiz, Espana
Actas Dermosifiliogr 97:391-4. 2006Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis (EPF) is a rare, chronic disease of unknown cause, characterized by itchy papules or pustules and an infiltration of eosinophiles in the biopsy...
- Successful treatment of recalcitrant necrotizing eosinophilic folliculitis using indomethacin and cephalexinHaady Fallah
Skin and Cancer Foundation Australia, Darlinghurst, New South Wales, Australia
Australas J Dermatol 47:281-5. 2006..A diagnosis of necrotizing eosinophilic folliculitis was made based upon the clinical and histopathological findings...
- Folliculitis decalvans treated with radiation therapyEric P Smith
Clinical Investigation Department, Naval Medical Center San Diego, 34800 Bob Wilson Dr, Suite 5, San Diego, CA 92134 1005, USA
Cutis 78:162-4. 2006A 33-year-old black man presented with folliculitis decalvans resistant to multiple oral and topical therapies. The patient ultimately responded to radiation therapy.
- What's your assessment? Pityrosporum folliculitisBarbara Bielan
Dermatol Nurs 20:284, 300. 2008
- Failure to detect clonality in eosinophilic pustular folliculitis with follicular mucinosisMi Woo Lee
Department of Dermatology, Asan Medical Center, College of Medicine, University of Ulsan, Seoul, Korea
Acta Derm Venereol 84:305-7. 2004Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis is characterized by an eosinophil-rich inflammatory follicular and perifollicular infiltrate primarily centred at the level of the follicular isthmus and sebaceous duct...
- Treatment of HIV-associated eosinophilic pustular folliculitis with narrow-band UVBYoshihiro Kuwano
Int J Dermatol 45:1265-7. 2006
- Tinea capitis due to Trichophyton soudanense mimicking bacterial folliculitisA Ghilardi
Mycoses 50:150-2. 2007..Tinea capitis is common in childhood and it is rare in adults, in which female sex is preferred. In adults, alopecic patches have to be distinguished from those due to other dermatoses inducing alopecia...
- Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis (Ofuji's disease) in a patient with silicone tissue augmentationTak Wah Wong
Department of Dermatology, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, 138 Sheng Li Road, 704 Tainan, Taiwan
J Dermatol 31:727-30. 2004Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis (EPF) (Ofuji's disease) is a rare dermatosis of unknown etiology...
- Recurrent pustular eruption in an infantOzlem Karadag Köse
Baskent University, Ankara, Turkey
Arch Dermatol 144:105-10. 2008
- Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis induced by chemotherapyMary Elizabeth Laing
J Am Acad Dermatol 54:729-30. 2006
- [Persistent papule/mole blisters/pustules papulary pustels on the face of a 21-year old man]Sandrine Benoit
Universitäts Hautklinik Würzburg
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 1:907-9. 2003
- Eosinophilic folliculitis in HIV-infected women: case series and reviewSareeta R S Parker
Department of Dermatology, Emory University School of Medicine, and Grady Health System, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Am J Clin Dermatol 7:193-200. 2006..Eosinophilic folliculitis is a pruritic, follicular eruption that typically manifests late in the course of HIV infection...
- Eosinophilic pustular folliculitisWajiha Sufyan
Department of Pathology, National University Hospital, Singapore 119074, Singapore
Arch Pathol Lab Med 131:1598-601. 2007Classical eosinophilic pustular folliculitis, or Ofuji's disease, is a chronic and relapsing dermatosis that is predominantly reported in East Asian populations...
- Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis in infancy: not a distinctive inflammatory disease of the skinMirjana Ziemer
Department of Dermatology, Friedrich Schiller University of Jena, Germany
Am J Dermatopathol 27:443-55. 2005In the standard literature of dermatology and dermatopathology "eosinophilic pustular folliculitis in infancy" is presented as a distinctive inflammatory disease of the skin, to wit, a variant of "Ofuji's eosinophilic folliculitis"...
- Bullous eosinophilic cellulitis succession with eosinophilic pustular folliculitis without eosinophiliaErcan Arca
Department of Dermatology, Gulhane School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Dermatol 34:80-5. 2007..Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis is also a rare inflammatory dermatosis characterized by recurrent crops of erythematous follicular ..
- Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis associated with pulmonary eosinophiliaK Yoneda
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 21:1122-4. 2007
- Facial rash mimicking cutaneous acute graft-versus-host disease after allogeneic stem cell transplantation for osteomyelofibrosis - was Demodex the culprit?C Lotze
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:711-2. 2006
- Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis with polycythemia veraM Kimoto
Dermatology 210:239-40. 2005
- Malassezia folliculitis on the scalp of a 12-year-old healthy childDerya Aytimur
Ege University School of Medicine, Department of Dermatology, Izmir, Turkey
J Dermatol 31:936-8. 2004Malassezia folliculitis is a condition chracterized by itchy follicular papules and pustules with erythema. Malassezia yeasts are the pathogens in this condition. It is mainly located on the back, shoulders, and chest...
- Perifolliculitis capitis abscedens et suffodiens successfully controlled with infliximabH R C Brandt
Br J Dermatol 159:506-7. 2008
- Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis (Ofuji disease) manifested as pustules on the palms and solesHiromi Tsuboi
Department of Dermatology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, 1 15 1 Kitasato, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 228 8555, Japan
Cutis 74:107-10. 2004Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis (EPF) is clinically characterized by eosinophilic follicular papulopustules that form annular configurations on the face, trunk, and extremities...
- Pseudofolliculitis barbae: review and update on new treatment modalitiesJorge Garcia-Zuazaga
VMFA 122 Flight Surgeon, Marine Corps Air Station, Branch Medical Clinic, Beaufort, SC 29904, USA
Mil Med 168:561-4. 2003..This article will review the etiology, pathogenesis, classification, and newer treatment modalities in the management of PFB...
- Pseudofolliculitis barbae and acne keloidalis nuchaeA Paul Kelly
Division of Dermatology, King Drew Medical Center, 12021 South Wilmington Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90059, USA
Dermatol Clin 21:645-53. 2003..There is therapeutic and help and hope for AKN patients using the excision and second-intention healing technique, plus some of the recently reported laser techniques...
- [Herpetic folliculitis barbae. A rare cause of folliculitis]M D Anliker
Dermatologische Abteilung, Medizinische Klinik, Kantonsspital Aarau, Switzerland
Hautarzt 54:265-7. 2003Viral folliculitis is a rare disease usually caused by herpes simplex, herpes zoster and molluscum contagiosum in immune-compromised patients...
- Folliculitis ulerythematosa reticulata (atrophoderma vermiculata): early detection of a case with unilateral lesionsM M Nico
Department of Dermatology, , Brazil
Pediatr Dermatol 15:285-6. 1998..Unilateral folliculitis ulerythematosa reticulata (a variant of keratosis pilaris atrophicans) is strikingly rare, and its very early ..
- Pruritic eosinophilic papular eruption revealing HIV infectionPatrizia Teofoli
Department of Immunodermatology, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata, IDI, IRCCS, Via Monti di Creta 104, 00167 Rome, Italy
Eur J Dermatol 12:600-2. 2002Eosinophilic folliculitis (EF) is a rare follicular pruritic papular eruption observed in association with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)...
- Necrotizing eosinophilic folliculitis with mucinosisSteven Kossard
Skin and Cancer Foundation Australia, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Australas J Dermatol 44:298-301. 2003..Two skin biopsies revealed prominent tissue eosinophilia with eosinophilic folliculitis and areas of follicular mucinosis, as well as haemorrhagic scale crust over the surface...
- Case 4: eruption on the face of a diabetic man suffering from retinopathy, hypertension, and nephropathy. Diagnosis: ciclosporin-associated hyperplastic folliculitisK E Harman
Department of Dermatology, King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London, UK
Clin Exp Dermatol 28:341-2. 2003
- Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis in infancy: report of two new casesM Larralde
Department of Pediatric Dermatology, , Buenos Aires, Argentina
Pediatr Dermatol 16:118-20. 1999Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis (EPF) is a cutaneous inflammatory follicular disorder of unknown etiology. The diagnosis is made on the basis of clinical and histopathologic features...
- [A case of Folliculitis barbae Candidomycetica]A Hattori
Department of Dermatology, Nihon University Nerima Hikarigaoka Hospital, 2-11-1 Hikarigaoka, Nerima-ku, Tokyo 179-0072
Nippon Ishinkin Gakkai Zasshi 42:87-90. 2001..Recently, extensive use of steroids and antibiotics has produced an increase in reports of patients with Folliculitis barbae Candidomycetica...
- Relapsing herpes simplex-2 folliculitis in the beard areaCaterina Foti
Department of Internal Medicine, Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Unit of Dermatology, University of Bari, Policlinico, Piazza Giulio Cesare 11, 70124 Bari, Italy
Eur J Dermatol 14:421-3. 2004We describe the case of a 52-year-old immunocompetent man with recurrent folliculitis on the left cheek, associated with intense pain. Bacteriological, mycological and Tzanck tests from the lesions were negative...
- [Folliculitis barbae in herpes simplex infection]R Lohrer
Klinik für Dermatologie und Allergologie, Universitätsklinikum der RWTH Aachen, Aachen
Hautarzt 55:74-6. 2004A 60-year-old male athlete developed a folliculitis in the beard region after several competitions. After identification of herpes simplex antigen within the lesions, systemic therapy with acyclovir led to rapid improvement...
- What is your diagnosis? Eosinophilic folliculitis and furunculosisM Fraser
Veterinary Nursing, Edinburgh s Telford College, Crewe Toll
J Small Anim Pract 43:150, 187. 2002
- HIV seronegative eosinophilic pustular folliculitis successfully treated with doxicyclineV Brazzelli
Clinica Dermatologica, Universita di Pavia, IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, Piazza C Golgi 2, 27100 Pavia, Italy
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 18:467-70. 2004Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis (EPF) is an unusual disease, first described in adult East Asians in 1970 by Ofuji...
- Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis with a butterfly rash-like distributionYuichiro Tsunemi
Dermatology 208:229-30. 2004
- Degenerative mucinotic mural folliculitis in catsT L Gross
California Dermatopathology Service and IDEXX Veterinary Services, West Sacramento, CA 95605-1600, USA
Vet Dermatol 12:279-83. 2001A novel form of mural folliculitis is described in seven cats. Clinically, all cats exhibited generalized alopecia with scaling or crusting that was more pronounced over the head, neck, and shoulders...
- Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis in association with nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndromeS Kishimoto
Department of Dermatology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Japan
Acta Derm Venereol 81:202-4. 2001..microscopic features of a nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome with the complication of eosinophilic pustular folliculitis. To the authors' knowledge, this is the first report of such an association, which is possibly due to immune ..
- Eosinophilic pustular folliculitisH Majamaa
Satakunta Central Hospital, Department of Dermatology, Tampere University Hospital, Finland
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 16:522-5. 2002Eosinophilic pustular folliculitis is a rase dermatosis and the treatment is difficult because the underlying pathogenic mechanism is unknown...
- Two cases of eosinophilic pustular folliculitis associated with parasitic infestationsKimble M Opie
Department of Dermatology, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Australas J Dermatol 44:217-9. 2003..Biopsies of these lesions showed eosinophilic pustular folliculitis (EPF)...
- Acute bacterial skin infections in pediatric medicine: current issues in presentation and treatmentJames Hedrick
Physicians to Children and Adolescents, Bardstown, KY 40004, USA
Paediatr Drugs 5:35-46. 2003Bacterial skin and skin structure infections commonly encountered in children include impetigo, folliculitis, furunculosis, carbuncles, wound infections, abscesses, cellulitis, erysipelas, scarlet fever, acute paronychia, and ..
- Current epidemiology of atopic dermatitis in south-eastern NigeriaEdith N Nnoruka
Sub Department of Dermatology, Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Enugu, Nigeria
Int J Dermatol 43:739-44. 2004..African dermatologists have also voiced concern that the much used Hanifin criteria for diagnosis of AD may need some adaptation for use in Africa...
- Bacterial skin infections in the elderly: diagnosis and treatmentSimone Laube
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, Wales, UK
Drugs Aging 19:331-42. 2002..It is very contagious and close contacts should be examined. Folliculitis is a commonly seen skin infection, which often responds to the use of antiseptics and topical antibacterials...
- Host defense against Staphylococcus aureus skin infectionsLloyd S Miller; Fiscal Year: 2010..S. aureus is responsible for the vast majority of skin and soft tissue infections such as impetigo, folliculitis, and cellulitis. In addition, S...
- Conference--Dermatologic Disease in Skin of ColorSusan Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2002..They believe that these presentations and discussions will lead to a greater interest in the specific problem related to access to care for dermatologic disease among persons of color. ..
- Community-Based Participatory Approach to Farmworker Housing, Exposures & HealthThomas A Arcury; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Ethnic Variation in CAM Use and Health Self Management among Rural Older AdultsThomas Arcury; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- African American Men Prostate & Colorectal Cancer BeliefThomas Arcury; Fiscal Year: 2007..A preliminary framework of the intervention strategy for this R01 application will be developed and evaluated as part of this project. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Differences in CAM Use Among Minority Older AdultsThomas Arcury; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Farmwoker Environmental Health Research Comparable DataThomas Arcury; Fiscal Year: 2004..The purpose of limiting the size of the conference is to facilitate active interaction, discussion and debate among leaders in the field. ..
- Casa A Campo: Pesticide Safety for Farmworkers' FamiliesThomas Arcury; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Cicatricial alopecia ColloquiumParadi Mirmirani; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- CONFOCAL HISTOPATHOLOGY OF CONTACT DERMATITIS IN VIVOSalvador Gonzalez; Fiscal Year: 2002..We also expect that our results may ultimately translate into more rational and effective care for patients with this common and frequently disabling problem. ..
- INDUCTION OF ATHEROGENESIS BY COCAINE AND HIV INFECTIONGuha Krishnaswamy; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..