Genomes and Genes
Summary: A cutaneous inflammatory reaction occurring as a result of exposure to ionizing radiation.
Publications203 found, 100 shown here
- Evaluation of risk of deterministic effects in fluoroscopically guided proceduresE Vano
Medical Physics Service, San Carlos University Hospital, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 117:190-4. 2005..Results from a survey of 191 selected complex procedures are reported. Out of all the patients included in the trial, 16% received skin doses > or =1.5 Gy. No skin injuries were found in any of the patients followed...
- Acute radiation dermatitis and pneumonitis in Japanese breast cancer patients with whole breast hypofractionated radiotherapy compared to conventional radiotherapyTomo Osako
Department of Pathology, The Cancer Institute of Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, 3 10 6, Ariake, Koto ku, Tokyo 135 8550, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 38:334-8. 2008..To evaluate acute morbidity, radiation dermatitis and pneumonitis, of Japanese patients treated with whole breast hypofractionated radiotherapy (RT) after breast-conserving surgery (BCS), compared to conventional RT...
- A multicenter randomized trial of breast intensity-modulated radiation therapy to reduce acute radiation dermatitisJean Philippe Pignol
Department of Radiation Oncology, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre T2 144, 2075, Bayview Ave, Toronto, Ontario, M4N 3M5 Canada
J Clin Oncol 26:2085-92. 2008..It is more likely in full-breasted women and when the radiation is distributed nonhomogeneously in the breast. Breast intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) is a technique that ensures a more homogeneous dose distribution...
- Radiation dermatitis: clinical presentation, pathophysiology, and treatment 2006Sharon R Hymes
Dermatology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 54:28-46. 2006
- Intensity-modulated radiotherapy results in significant decrease in clinical toxicities compared with conventional wedge-based breast radiotherapyAsif Harsolia
Department of Radiation Oncology, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI 48073, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 68:1375-80. 2007..In the present analysis, we reviewed the acute and chronic toxicity of this IMRT approach compared with conventional wedge-based treatment...
- Feasibility and acute toxicity of hypofractionated radiation in large-breasted patientsPaige L Dorn
Department of Radiation and Cellular Oncology, University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, IL, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 83:79-83. 2012....
- Association between genetic polymorphisms in the XRCC1, XRCC3, XPD, GSTM1, GSTT1, MSH2, MLH1, MSH3, and MGMT genes and radiosensitivity in breast cancer patientsMonica Mangoni
Clinical Physiopathology Department, Radiotherapy Unit, University of Florence, Italy
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 81:52-8. 2011....
- Topical agent therapy for prevention and treatment of radiodermatitis: a meta-analysisYuejiao Zhang
Department of VIP Ward, Second Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, 310000, People s Republic of China
Support Care Cancer 21:1025-31. 2013b>Radiodermatitis (RD) is a common side effect during radiotherapy. Various topical agents have been tried to be applied on RD. However, the efficiency of topical agents applied on radiotherapy is still uncertain.
- IL-1 generated subsequent to radiation-induced tissue injury contributes to the pathogenesis of radiodermatitisMatthew Janko
Department of Pathology, University of Massachusetts, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
Radiat Res 178:166-72. 2012Radiation injury in the skin causes radiodermatitis, a condition in which the skin becomes inflamed and the epidermis can break down...
- Phase III randomized trial of Calendula officinalis compared with trolamine for the prevention of acute dermatitis during irradiation for breast cancerP Pommier
Department of Radiation Oncology, Centre Leon Berard, 28 rue Laennec, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France
J Clin Oncol 22:1447-53. 2004....
- Breast intensity-modulated radiation therapy reduces time spent with acute dermatitis for women of all breast sizes during radiationGary M Freedman
Department of Radiation Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 74:689-94. 2009..To study the time spent with radiation-induced dermatitis during a course of radiation therapy for breast cancer in women treated with conventional or intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)...
- Does aqueous or sucralfate cream affect the severity of erythematous radiation skin reactions? A randomised controlled trialMary Wells
School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of Dundee, 11 Airlie Place, Dundee DD1 4HJ, UK
Radiother Oncol 73:153-62. 2004..This paper presents the results of phase A...
- Characterizing the phenomenon of radiation recall dermatitisR Camidge
University Department of Oncology, Western General Hospital, EH4 2XU, Edinburgh, UK
Radiother Oncol 59:237-45. 2001..A number of aetiological hypotheses on radiation recall exist. Using the available evidence these hypotheses are critically reviewed and a novel hypothesis based on radiation affecting local cutaneous immunological responses proposed...
- Randomized phase III study comparing Best Supportive Care to Biafine as a prophylactic agent for radiation-induced skin toxicity for women undergoing breast irradiation: Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG) 97-13J Fisher
Radiation Oncology Center, Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center, Dearborn, MI 48123, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 48:1307-10. 2000..To determine if Biafine compared to Best Supportive Care (BSC) is effective in minimizing or preventing radiation-induced dermatitis in women undergoing breast irradiation...
- Prophylactic beclomethasone spray to the skin during postoperative radiotherapy of carcinoma breast: a prospective randomized studyP N Shukla
Department of Radiation Oncology, Ratan Cancer Hospital and Research Institute, 113 103A, Swaroop Nagar, Kanpur 208 002, India
Indian J Cancer 43:180-4. 2006..In this study topical beclomethasone dipropionate spray was used as prophylaxis with the purpose of reducing risk of the wet desquamation of skin in irradiated field...
- A feasibility study using three-dimensional conformal boost technique in locally advanced carcinoma of the nasopharynxG E Kim
Department of Radiation Oncology, Yonsei Cancer Center, Yonsei University, College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Acta Oncol 40:582-7. 2001....
- The prevention and management of acute skin reactions related to radiation therapy: a systematic review and practice guidelineAmanda Bolderston
Department of Radiation Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2M9, Canada
Support Care Cancer 14:802-17. 2006..What are the optimal methods to prevent acute skin reactions (occurring within the first 6 months of irradiation) related to radiation therapy? What are the optimal methods to manage acute skin reactions related to radiation therapy?..
- Factors of influence on acute skin toxicity of breast cancer patients treated with standard three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy (3D-CRT) after breast conserving surgery (BCS)Uta Kraus-Tiefenbacher
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Medical Center Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, 68167, Mannheim, Germany
Radiat Oncol 7:217. 2012....
- Topical corticosteroid therapy for acute radiation dermatitis: a prospective, randomized, double-blind studyM Schmuth
Department of Dermatology, University of Innsbruck, Austria
Br J Dermatol 146:983-91. 2002..Radiation dermatitis is a common side-effect of radiation therapy, but there is no current consensus about its appropriate therapy...
- Reduction in radiation-induced morbidity by use of an intercurrent boost in the management of early-stage breast cancerMark Trombetta
Department of Radiation Oncology, Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 77:1303-8. 2010..Herein, we compare patients treated with whole-breast irradiation followed by boost compared with a cohort with a planned intercurrent radiation boost...
- Development of a porcine delayed wound-healing model and its use in testing a novel cell-based therapyIvan Hadad
Department of Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 78:888-96. 2010..A delayed full-thickness wound-healing model was developed and used for examining the capacity of adipose-derived stem cells (ASCs), either alone or in platelet-rich fibrin gels, to promote healing...
- Prevention of cutaneous damages induced by radiotherapy in breast cancer: an institutional experienceVincenzo Ravo
UOC Radioterapia PO Ascalesi, via Egiziaca a Forcella 31, Naples, Italy
Tumori 97:732-6. 2011..The aim of this retrospective study was to evaluate the most efficient topical hydrating treatment in the prevention of cutaneous radio-induced acute effects in breast cancer...
- Severe cutaneous reaction during radiation therapy with concurrent cetuximabWilfried Budach
N Engl J Med 357:514-5. 2007
- Promoting healing with recombinant human platelet-derived growth factor--BB in a previously irradiated problem woundDavid B Hom
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis 55455, USA
Laryngoscope 113:1566-71. 2003....
- ATM mutations in female breast cancer patients predict for an increase in radiation-induced late effectsChristopher M Iannuzzi
Department of Radiation Oncology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 52:606-13. 2002..This study attempted to determine whether breast cancer patients who develop severe radiotherapy (RT)-induced effects are more likely to possess ATM mutations than patients who display normal radiation responses...
- Radiation recall dermatitis with pemetrexedJ Hureaux
Departement de Pneumologie, Centre Hospitalier et Universitaire, 4, rue Larrey, 49 933 Angers cedex 9, France
Lung Cancer 50:255-8. 2005..Persistent hyperpigmentation was seen in the irradiated skin. Pemetrexed could also act as a radiosensitizing agent that should be used with care for several weeks after radiotherapy...
- Aloe vera for preventing radiation-induced skin reactions: a systematic literature reviewJ Richardson
University of Plymouth, Devon, UK
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 17:478-84. 2005..To systematically review and critically appraise the evidence for effectiveness of Aloe vera gel for radiation-induced skin reactions...
- Radiation recall dermatitis, panniculitis, and myositis following cyclophosphamide therapy: histopathologic findings of a patient affected by multiple myelomaGiovanni Borroni
Department of Dermatology, University of Pavia, Policlinico S Matteo IRCCS, Pavia, Italy
Am J Dermatopathol 26:213-6. 2004..This is the first case providing clear evidence of the causative role of cyclophosphamide in inducing a cutaneous and subcutaneous radiation recall reaction...
- Potent corticosteroid cream (mometasone furoate) significantly reduces acute radiation dermatitis: results from a double-blind, randomized studyA Bostrom
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, S 751 85, Uppsala, Sweden
Radiother Oncol 59:257-65. 2001..There is a substantial lack of evidence-based treatments for this condition. The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of mometasone furoate cream (MMF) on radiation dermatitis in a prospective, double-blind, randomized study...
- Concurrent chemoradiotherapy with helical tomotherapy for oropharyngeal cancer: a preliminary resultPei Wei Shueng
Department of Radiation Oncology, Far Eastern Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 77:715-21. 2010..To review the experience with and evaluate the treatment plan for helical tomotherapy for the treatment of oropharyngeal cancer...
- More on severe cutaneous reaction with radiotherapy and cetuximabJames A Bonner
N Engl J Med 357:1872-3; author reply 1873. 2007
- Basal cell carcinoma arising in professional radiodermatitis of the nailS Serrano-Ortega
Br J Dermatol 147:628-9. 2002
- Radiation-induced DNA damage and repair in lymphocytes from breast cancer patients and their correlation with acute skin reactions to radiotherapyOdilia Popanda
Division of Toxicology and Cancer Risk Factors, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 55:1216-25. 2003..The study objective was to evaluate whether DNA repair data determined in vitro are correlated with the occurrence of acute side effects during radiotherapy...
- Chronic radiodermatitis following percutaneous coronary interventions: a report of two casesA Aerts
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 17:340-3. 2003We describe two patients in whom chronic radiodermatitis with therapy-resistant ulceration of the right scapular region developed, following percutaneous coronary intervention with fluoroscopic imaging...
- A case of radiation recall mucositis associated with docetaxelLaura R Culp
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Blvd, Galveston, Texas 77555 0711, USA
Head Neck 26:197-200. 2004..Radiation recall reactions, in particular dermatitis, are well documented in the literature. However, radiation recall mucositis is a rare clinical phenomenon...
- Gemcitabine-induced radiation recall dermatitis following whole pelvic radiation therapyBenjamin M Schwartz
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Magee Womens Hospital University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15206, USA
Gynecol Oncol 91:421-2. 2003..There have been no reports of radiation recall dermatitis from gemcitabine after whole pelvic radiation therapy employed as a treatment of a gynecologic cancer...
- Radiation recall: a well recognized but neglected phenomenonDavid Azria
Department of Radiation Oncology, Val d Aurelle Paul Lamarque Cancer Institute, Montpellier, France
Cancer Treat Rev 31:555-70. 2005..Although skin has been the major site of radiation recall toxicity, instances involving other organ have been reported...
- Unsuccessful rechallenge with pemetrexed after a previous radiation recall dermatitisFabrice Barlesi
Faculty of Medicine, Universite de la Mediterranee, Department of Thoracic Oncology, Respiratory Diseases Division, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, Marseille Cedex 09, France
Lung Cancer 54:423-5. 2006..As EGFR-staining was negative, we rechallenged the patient with pemetrexed. Unfortunately, although less intense, we faced a recurrence of the skin reaction and pemetrexed was no longer continued...
- Radiation recall reaction induced by levofloxacinSunghun Cho
Carl R Darnall Army Medical Center, Department of Dermatology, Fort Hood, TX, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 7:64-7. 2008..Although the pathophysiology of RRD has yet to be elucidated, the implication of more nonchemotherapeutic agents may favor a drug hypersensitivity etiology. To our knowledge, this is the first report of RRD secondary to levofloxacin...
- Tamoxifen-induced radiation recall dermatitisEric A Singer
Breast J 10:170-1. 2004
- Radiation recall dermatitis with cefotetan: a case studyAyodele Ayoola
Department of Medicine, Franklin Square Hospital Center, Baltimore, Maryland 21237, USA
Oncologist 11:1118-20. 2006..RRD should be suspected in patients who develop an erythematous rash in a previously irradiated region. To our knowledge this entity has not been associated with cefotetan previously...
- Treatment side effects. Case 1. Radiation recall phenomenon after administration of capecitabineElisabeth Ortmann
University of Vienna Medical School, Vienna, Austria
J Clin Oncol 20:3029-30. 2002
- Radiation recall dermatitis in a patient treated with dacarbazineR D Kennedy
Department of Oncology, Belfast City Hospital, UK
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 13:470-2. 2001..We conclude that dacarbazine should be considered as a potential cause of radiation recall dermatitis and that this can be managed and prevented with oral corticosteroids...
- Radiation recall phenomenon secondary to capecitabine: possible role of thymidine phosphorylaseMuhammad Wasif Saif
Section of Medical Oncology, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, FMP 116, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 58:771-5. 2006..We report here another pancreatic cancer patient with a radiation recall receiving capecitabine following capecitabine-XRT...
- Prevention and treatment of acute radiation dermatitis: a literature reviewMihkaila Maurine Wickline
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Seattle, Washington, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 31:237-47. 2004..To review historical and current research data on prevention and treatment of acute radiation dermatitis...
- Tamoxifen-induced radiation recall dermatitisMadappa N Kundranda
Cleveland Clinic Cancer Center, Moll Pavilion at Fairview Hospital, Cleveland, OH 44111, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 29:637-8. 2006
- Altered immune cell proportions in the radiodermatitis induced hairless mice-1 (HR-1)Hyung Gun Maeng
Research Institute of Immunobiology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Radiat Res 47:9-17. 2006Accidental radiation exposures or radiation therapy can cause internal and external damage including radiodermatitis. Even though radiodermatitis is one of the dose limiting factors in radiotherapy, the immunological nature of it is not ..
- Gemcitabine-induced rectus abdominus radiation recallMarwan G Fakih
Department of Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
JOP 7:306-10. 2006..Radiation recall has been described in the context of gemcitabine chemotherapy. However, this phenomenon has been largely limited to skin...
- Lipodermatosclerosis as a form of vascular compromise-associated radiation recall dermatitis: case report and a review of literatureNovie Sroa
College of Medicine and Public Health, Ohio State Universitym Columbus, Ohio, USA
J Cutan Pathol 33:55-9. 2006..This is the first case providing evidence of the causative role of 5-fluorouracil and cisplatin in potentially inducing RRD...
- Enhanced radiation sensitivity and radiation recall dermatitis (RRD) after hypericin therapy -- case report and review of literatureKurt Putnik
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Regensburg, Josef Strauss Allee 11, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Radiat Oncol 1:32. 2006..Moreover, some phototoxic drugs seem to enhance side effects of radiotherapy while others do not. We report a case of "radiation recall dermatitis" (RRD) one year after RT as a result of taking hypericin (St. John's wort)...
- Radiation recall reaction following gemcitabineG Fogarty
Division of Radiation Oncology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute, St Andrews Place, East Melbourne Vic, Australia
Lung Cancer 33:299-302. 2001..Cessation of the precipitating drug is the most important step in management and systemic steroids may hasten symptomatic relief...
- A longitudinal study of symptoms and self-care activities in women treated with primary radiotherapy for breast cancerM Tish Knobf
American Cancer Society, and Yale University School of Nursing, New Haven, CT 06534, USA
Cancer Nurs 28:210-8. 2005....
- Nimesulide--a new trigger of radiation recall reactionA W Y Ng
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 19:364-5. 2007
- Frequency of radiation recall dermatitis in adult cancer patientsElisabeth Kodym
Department of Radiobiology, Clinic for Radiotherapy and Radiobiology, Vienna Medical University, Austria
Onkologie 28:18-21. 2005..Despite a number of case reports no systematic analysis about the frequency of the phenomenon exists. Therefore we performed an observation study in order to obtain information about this phenomenon in clinical practice...
- Topical use of a silymarin-based preparation to prevent radiodermatitis : results of a prospective study in breast cancer patientsMartina Becker-Schiebe
Klinik fur Radioonkologie und Strahlentherapie, Klinikum Braunschweig, Braunschweig, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 187:485-91. 2011More than 80% of patients with breast cancer undergoing postsurgical radiotherapy (RT) will develop radiodermatitis and approximately 10% of these patients show grade 3 lesions...
- Radiation recall dermatitis after docetaxel administration: absolute indication to replace the drug?F Borgia
Br J Dermatol 153:674-5. 2005
- The preventive effect of recombinant human growth factor (rhEGF) on the recurrence of radiodermatitisSeung Hee Ryu
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
J Radiat Res 51:511-7. 2010..application of recombinant human epidermal growth factor (rhEGF) on wound healing and the recurrence of radiodermatitis were assessed in the irradiated skin of BALB/c Nu/Nu mice...
- Gemcitabine-induced radiation recall dermatitis: case reportG Bar-Sela
Department of Oncology, Rambam Medical Center and Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa
Tumori 87:428-30. 2001..Radiation recall dermatitis developed in the area corresponding to the radiotherapy portal. This is one of just a few cases reported recently concerning radiation recall dermatitis stemming from gemcitabine...
- Gemcitabine-related "pseudocellulitis": report of 2 cases and review of the literatureDarrell H S Tan
Division of Infectious Diseases, University Health Network, Toronto, ON
Clin Infect Dis 45:e72-6. 2007..Recognition of these syndromes is important to avoid unnecessary antibiotic use...
- Histopathologic features seen with radiation recall or enhancement eruptionsKathleen J Smith
Department of Dermatology and Pathology, University of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama 35249, USA
J Cutan Med Surg 6:535-40. 2002..Although a radiation recall or enhancement eruption has been associated with a number of chemotherapeutic drugs, the histologic features have rarely been described...
- Exacerbated radiodermatitis and bilateral subdural hemorrhage after whole brain irradiation combined with epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors for brain metastases in lung cancerYu Jie Huang
Department of Radiation Oncology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, 123 Ta Pei Road, Niao Sung Hsiang, Kaohsiung Hsien 833, Taiwan
Lung Cancer 59:407-10. 2008....
- Radiation recall dermatitis from docetaxelM D Piroth
Abt für Klinische Radiologie der Universitätsklinik Heidelberg, Germany
Onkologie 25:438-40. 2002..We present the case of an uncommon and severe skin reaction after docetaxel application and prior radiotherapy...
- Radiation recall dermatitis with gatifloxacin: a review of literatureS Jain
Department of Radiation Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India
J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol 52:191-3. 2008..Given the potential severity of the reaction and increasing use of gatifloxacin, it is important to be aware of this phenomenon...
- An ambiguous phenomenon of radiation and drugs: recall reactionsMurat Caloglu
Department of Radiation Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, Trakya University, Edirne, Turkey
Onkologie 30:209-14. 2007..Although no standard treatment exists, some authors suggest discontinuation of the inciting drug and the use of corticosteroids or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents...
- Docetaxel-induced radiation recall dermatitisE Gokham Kandemir
Swiss Med Wkly 135:34-5. 2005
- Skin toxicity during breast irradiation: pathophysiology and managementJennifer L Harper
Department of Radiation Oncology, Medical University of South Carolina, 169 Ashley Avenue, Charleston, SC, USA
South Med J 97:989-93. 2004..The pathophysiology, clinical presentation, and contributing factors of radiation-related skin injury are discussed. A review of recent clinical research addressing skin toxicity is provided...
- Radiation recall dermatitis from high-dose interferon alfa-2bRosalyn Thomas
J Clin Oncol 20:355-7. 2002
- Radiation recall dermatitis induced by pegylated liposomal doxorubicinAntonio Jimeno
Medical Oncology Department, University Hospital Doce de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Anticancer Drugs 14:575-6. 2003
- [Recall dermatitis caused by re-exposure to docetaxel following irradiation of the brain. Case report and review of the literature]B U Giesel
Klinik fur Strahlentherapie und Radioonkologie, Klinikum Bamberg
Strahlenther Onkol 177:487-93. 2001..Therefore we report on a severe recall dermatitis that occurred in two breast-cancer patients following irradiation of the brain and reexposition to Docetaxel...
- [Vacuum assisted closure for the treatment of sternal wound infections -- rapid infection control and bridging to reconstructive surgery]I Kutschka
Abteilung für Herz, Thorax und Gefasschirurgie, Klinikum Braunschweig
Zentralbl Chir 131:S129-32. 2006..A combination of V.A.C. therapy and surgical reconstruction using a pedicled latissimus dorsi musculocutaneous flap led to complete wound closure...
- Retrospective evaluation of occurrence of skin injuries in interventional cardiac proceduresR Padovani
Medical Physics Institute, S Maria della Misericordia Hospital, Udine, Italy
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 117:247-50. 2005....
- Acute effects of postmastectomy radiotherapy after immediate TRAM flap reconstruction in breast cancer patientsChomporn Sitathanee
Radiation Oncology Division, Department of Radiology, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 88:1861-6. 2005..To study the acute effects of radiotherapy after mastectomy and immediate transverse rectus abdominis myocutaneous (TRAM) flap reconstruction in breast cancer patients treated at Ramathibodi Hospital...
- [Concurrent chemoradiotherapy (CRT) with S-1 and cisplatin (CDDP) in patients (pts) with locally advanced head and neck cancer (HNC)]Makoto Tahara
Division of Endoscopy and GI Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital East, Kashiwa, Japan
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 33:167-71. 2006..The Japan Clinical Oncology Group (JCOG) is planning a multicenter phase II study of concurrent chemoradiotherapy with S-1 and CDDP for locally advanced unresectable HNC...
- RCT on gentian violet versus a hydrogel dressing for radiotherapy-induced moist skin desquamationS Gollins
North Wales Cancer Treatment Centre, Glan Clwyd Hospital, Bodelwyddan, UK
J Wound Care 17:268-70, 272, 274-5. 2008..The current prospective randomised trial compared gentian violet (GV) to a hydrogel dressing in this context...
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation: an analysis of variables associated with late toxicity and long-term cosmetic outcome after high-dose-rate interstitial brachytherapyDavid E Wazer
Department of Radiation Oncology, Tufts New England Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, and Department of Radiation Oncology, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 64:489-95. 2006..To perform a detailed analysis of variables associated with late tissue effects of high-dose-rate (HDR) interstitial brachytherapy accelerated partial breast irradiation (APBI) in a large cohort of patients with prolonged follow-up...
- Genetic predictors of acute toxicities related to radiation therapy following lumpectomy for breast cancer: a case-series studyChristine B Ambrosone
Department of Epidemiology, Division of Cancer Prevention and Population Science, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York, USA
Breast Cancer Res 8:R40. 2006..We hypothesized that polymorphisms encoding reduced or absent activity in the GSTs might result in greater risk for radiation-associated toxicity...
- Estimation of cancer risks from radiotherapy of benign diseasesKlaus Rüdiger Trott
Gray Cancer Institute, Northwood, UK, and Department of Radiotherapy, University Hospital Leipzig, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 182:431-6. 2006....
- [Exposure dose, complication of radiation therapy for breast cancer]Ayako Tonari
Department of Radiation Oncology, Kyorin University School of Medicine
Nihon Rinsho 65:491-4. 2007
- Effects of treatment intensification on acute local toxicity during radiotherapy for head and neck cancer: prospective observational study validating CTCAE, version 3.0, scoring systemMauro Palazzi
Unit of Radiotherapy, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 70:330-7. 2008..0 (CTCAE v3.0), scoring system...
- Preventing radiation injuries: "if you stay out in the sun too long, you're gonna get burnt"--conventional wisdomCarl L Tommaso
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 70:250-1. 2007
- Managing patient dose in interventional cardiologyStephen Balter
Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 70:244-9. 2007..Exceeding this value triggers processes for clinical justification of radiation usage and patient follow-up. Slightly exceeding the significant dose threshold during a procedure should be highly unlikely to cause skin injury...
- Hypnosis and cognitive-behavioral therapy during breast cancer radiotherapy: a case reportJulie B Schnur
Department of Oncological Sciences, Box 1130 Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 1425 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Am J Clin Hypn 50:209-15. 2008..Results were consistent with the view that CBTH was effective in managing fatigue and skin discomfort, and increasing relaxation...
- Federal regulations (effective June 2006) require dose monitors on all new fluoroscopes: how will this help clinicians keep track of patient dose?Stephen Balter
Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 4:130-2. 2007
- Chest wall reconstruction in full-thickness defect for mastectomy and irradiationAndrea Droghetti
Thoracic Surgery Division, C Poma Hospital, Mantova, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 83:697. 2007
- Late side-effects with cosmetic relevance following soft X-ray therapy of cutaneous neoplasiasR Rupprecht
Fachklinik Hornheide, Dorbaumstrasse 300, D 48157 Münster, Germany
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 21:178-85. 2007..Cosmetic changes are to be expected after radiotherapy for skin tumours...
- Radiotherapy of classic and human immunodeficiency virus-related Kaposi's sarcoma: results in 1482 lesionsM Caccialanza
Department of Photoradiotherapy, Institute of Dermatological Sciences of the University, Milan, Italy
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 22:297-302. 2008..The lesions of the various forms of Kaposi's sarcoma (KS), which are relatively radiosensitive, have been treated with different modalities of radiotherapy, with heterogeneous aims and results...
- Preliminary report of pulsed dose rate brachytherapy in head-and-neck cancerAdam Ziemlewski
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Medical University of Gdansk, Poland
Strahlenther Onkol 183:512-6. 2007..To assess the feasibility and acute/delayed toxicity of pulsed-dose-rate brachytherapy (PDR BT) in head-and-neck tumors...
- Accelerated partial-breast irradiation with interstitial implants: the clinical relevance of the calculation of skin dosesOliver J Ott
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Hospital Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 183:426-31. 2007..To describe relative skin dose estimations and their impact on cosmetic outcome in interstitial multicatheter accelerated partial-breast irradiation (APBI)...
- Comparison of local recurrence and distant metastases between breast cancer patients after postmastectomy radiotherapy with and without immediate TRAM flap reconstructionChih Jen Huang
Department of Radiation Oncology, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Taiwan
Plast Reconstr Surg 118:1079-86; discussion 1087-8. 2006....
- A double-blind, vehicle-controlled clinical study to evaluate the efficacy of MAS065D (XClair), a hyaluronic acid-based formulation, in the management of radiation-induced dermatitisG Primavera
Department Clinical Dermatology, San Gallicano Dermatological Institute, Rome, Italy
Cutan Ocul Toxicol 25:165-71. 2006..It was concluded that MAS065D can provide an effective option for managing radiation dermatitis although further studies are needed to assess its effect on pain and itch...
- [Clinical phase I trial of concurrent chemo-radiotherapy with S-1 for T2NO glottic carcinoma]Hiroyuki Tsuji
Dept of Otolaryngology, Kanazawa Medical University, Ishikawa, Japan
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 33:163-6. 2006..We then concluded that 100 mg/body/day was the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of S-1 and decided that the RD of S-1 was 80 mg/body/day...
- Postmastectomy electron beam chest wall irradiation in women with breast cancer: a clinical step toward conformal electron therapyYoulia M Kirova
Department of Radiation Oncology, Institut Curie, Paris, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 69:1139-44. 2007..The purpose of this report was to show the latest improvements of our technique developed to avoid hot spots and improve the homogeneity...
- Thêta-Cream versus Bepanthol lotion in breast cancer patients under radiotherapy. A new prophylactic agent in skin care?Barbara Röper
Department of Radiotherapy and Radiation Oncology, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 180:315-22. 2004..In a prospective randomized study, Thêta-cream was compared with standard skin care using Bepanthol lotion...
- Wound care after radiation therapyFelicia A Mendelsohn
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Adv Skin Wound Care 15:216-24. 2002..This paper reviews the pathophysiology of wounds following radiation treatment, the methods for treating radiation-induced wounds, and experimental treatment strategies that have been investigated...
- Acute and subacute toxicity associated with concurrent adjuvant radiation therapy and paclitaxel in primary breast cancer therapyYouseff M Hanna
Department of Internal Medicine, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan 48073, USA
Breast J 8:149-53. 2002..Concurrent radiation and paclitaxel with these doses and schedule should be approached cautiously until further studies documenting its safety are completed...
- [Radiation recall dermatitis after docetaxel and external beam radiotherapy. Report of two cases and review of the literature]N Magne
Departement de Radiotherapie, Centre Antoine Lacassagne, 33, Avenue de Valombrose, 06189 Nice, France
Cancer Radiother 6:281-4. 2002..Familiarity with this phenomenon and potential complications of chemotherapy following tumor irradiation may expedite early diagnosis and appropriate lifesaving treatment...
- [Acute and chronic side effects of local radiotherapy]M H Seegenschmiedt
Klinik für Radioonkologie, Strahlentherapie und Nuklearmedizin, Alfried Krupp Krankenhaus Essen
MMW Fortschr Med 146:29-32. 2004..Apart from the application of prophylactic procedures, some radiation sequelae can be ameliorated by initiating specific measures (e.g. cosmetic products, drug treatment)...
- Concomitant radiotherapy and paclitaxel for high-risk endometrial cancer: first feasibility studyL Frigerio
Department of Gynecologic and Obstetrics, S. Raphael Hospital, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Gynecol Oncol 81:53-7. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Concomitant P and RT is safe and acceptable treatment in patients with HREC. Prospective clinical studies are necessary to evaluate the benefits of this regimen for the long-term survival rate...
- Poly(L-glutamic acid)-paclitaxel conjugate is a potent enhancer of tumor radiocurabilityLuka Milas
Department of Experimental Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 4095, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 55:707-12. 2003..To determine if PG-TXL-induced enhancement is obtained in a more clinically relevant setting, we investigated PG-TXL effects on tumor cure...
- The effect of radiation on pedicled TRAM flap breast reconstruction: outcomes and implicationsScott L Spear
Division of Plastic Surgery, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 115:84-95. 2005..The authors recommend that TRAM flap breast reconstruction be postponed in those patients known or expected to receive postmastectomy radiation...
- Partial breast irradiation as second conservative treatment for local breast cancer recurrenceJean Michel Hannoun-Levi
Department of Radiation Oncology and Surgery, A Lacassagne Cancer Center, Nice, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 60:1385-92. 2004..The aim of this study was to document the feasibility and the results of associating lumpectomy with partial breast irradiation by interstitial brachytherapy (IB) as local treatment for an isolated ipsilateral BC local recurrence (LR)...
- DermX: Topical Protector Against Radiation DermatitisALLEN THUNBERG; Fiscal Year: 2006..for a product, DermX, that confers complete protection against the Grade 1->4 dermatitis seen in a rodent radiodermatitis model, a model that closely reflects the human experience...
- Mitigating radiodermatitis by blocking IL-1-dependent neutrophilic inflammationKenneth L Rock; Fiscal Year: 2010..Moreover, this therapy would be easy to administer in a mass casualty setting (s.c. injection). ..
- Functional Infrared Imaging Predicts Radiation MucositisEzra Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such a tool would have wide applicability in this patient population and would have tremendous impact on their treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Rapamycin as an Antineoplastic AgentEzra Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2006..At the conclusion of the trial RAPA toxicity and effect on p-S6K will be defined over a range of doses as well as the MTD for use in future studies that will develop this agent. ..
- Lung cancer molecular markers by sex: intergroup studyChristine Ambrosone; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results from this study, the largest to date to evaluate biomarkers of susceptibility and effect, will likely elucidate reasons for the rise in lung cancer, particularly adenocarcinomas, in smoking and non-smoking women. ..
- Hospice Pain Control: Developing an Opioid Order SheetBarbara Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2006..Once the modifications lave been made, we will conduct a pilot study to assess feasibility, utility and efficacy of the order sheet in the outpatient hospice setting. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Race & Risk Factors for Early/Aggressive Breast CancerChristine Ambrosone; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results from this study will provide much-needed answers as to why African-American women are more likely than Caucasians to be diagnosed with more aggressive disease at an earlier age. ..
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Chronic Insomnia after Breast Cancer TreatmentEllyn Matthews; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed study associated with this K23 award relates to the Health People 2010 goal of improving quality of life of individuals of all ages, and the cancer focus area goal of reducing illness and disability caused by cancer. ..
- Antioxidant supplements, genetics, and chemotherapy outcomesChristine Ambrosone; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Pharmacogenetics: Breast Cancer Treatment and PrognosisChristine Ambrosone; Fiscal Year: 2005..Individualized dosing according to genotype could contribute to increased efficacy and decreased toxicity among patients being treated for cancer. ..