Summary: An abnormal passage or communication leading from an internal organ to the surface of the body.
Publications242 found, 100 shown here
- Fistulas of the genitourinary tract: a radiologic reviewNam C Yu
Department of Radiological Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, 10833 LeConte Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1721, USA
Radiographics 24:1331-52. 2004..Management approaches depend on the type of fistula, the degree of morbidity, and the overall functional status of the patient and vary from conservative observation to aggressive surgical repair...
- Outcome analysis of simple and complex urethrocutaneous fistula closure using a de-epithelialized or full thickness skin advancement flap for coverageKristin Santangelo
Department of Urology, Children s National Medical Center and the George Washington School of Medicine, Washington, DC, USA
J Urol 170:1589-92; discussion 1592. 2003..We review our experience repairing simple and complex urethrocutaneous fistulas using a de-epithelialized or full thickness skin advancement flap for 2-layer coverage over the fistula...
- Urethrocutaneous fistula repair after hypospadias surgeryM Cimador
Paediatric Surgery, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
BJU Int 92:621-3. 2003..To evaluate and compare the success rates of simple and layered repairs of urethrocutaneous fistulae after hypospadias repair...
- Prevention of wound complications following salvage laryngectomy using free vascularized tissueKevin Fung
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Head Neck 29:425-30. 2007..The purpose of this study was to outline our technique and determine the effectiveness of this new approach...
- Evidence for a role of epithelial mesenchymal transition during pathogenesis of fistulae in Crohn's diseaseFrauke Bataille
Institute of Pathology, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Inflamm Bowel Dis 14:1514-27. 2008..EMT has been suggested to be crucial in fibrosis found in different tissues and diseases. We therefore investigated whether EMT could be involved in the pathogenesis of fistulae formation in CD...
- [Vesico-cutaneous fistula revealing abdominal wall malakoplakia accompanied by Boeck's sarcoidosis]József Knausz
Kanizsai Dorottya Kórház Sebészeti Osztály Nagykanizsa
Orv Hetil 151:220-3. 2010..The pathogenesis of malakoplakia is hardly known, but it thought to be secondary to an acquired bactericidal defect in macrophages occurring mostly in immunosuppressed patients...
- Analysis of pharyngocutaneous fistula following free jejunal transfer for total laryngopharyngectomyDavid W Chang
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the Department of Head and Neck Surgery, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 109:1522-7. 2002..Most patients are able to resume oral feeding once the fistula is closed...
- Laser ablation of a biliary duct for treatment of a persistent biliary-cutaneous fistulaChad A Eicher
Department of Radiology, Division of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 19:294-7. 2008A persistent biliary-cutaneous fistula detected after biliary drainage catheter removal could not be resolved with diversionary techniques and Gelfoam and fibrin glue administration in the fistulous tract...
- Sigmoid-urachal-cutaneous fistula in an adult maleBenjamin J Coons
Department of Urology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2765, USA
Urology 73:444.e5-7. 2009An infected urachal cyst is an uncommon finding in adults. We report the first case of a sigmoid-urachal-cutaneous fistula that resulted from rupture of an infected urachal cyst in an adult male...
- Spider-man, magnets, and urethral-cutaneous fistulaNishat Rahman
Department of Paediatric Surgery and Urology, Chelsea and Westminster National Health Service Foundation Trust, London, UK
Urology 76:162-3. 2010..This led to the development of a urethral-cutaneous fistula. To our knowledge, this is the first reported case illustrating the development of an iatrogenic fistula ..
- Ethanol injection therapy of an isolated bile duct associated with a biliary-cutaneous fistulaToshifumi Matsumoto
Department of Surgery I, Oita Medical University, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 17:807-10. 2002Bile leakage after hepatic resection often results in the formation of a biliary-cutaneous fistula. Such a fistula, when caused by an isolated bile duct in the remnant liver, can be intractable...
- The assessment of pharyngocutaneous fistula rate in patients treated primarily with definitive radiotherapy followed by salvage surgery of the larynx and hypopharynxRichard Dirven
Sydney Head and Neck Cancer Institute, Sydney Cancer Centre, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and University of Sydney, Australia
Laryngoscope 119:1691-5. 2009....
- Pharyngocutaneous fistula repair after radiotherapy and salvage total laryngectomyLawrence Iteld
Department of Plastic Surgery, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Reconstr Microsurg 23:339-45. 2007..Early repair is strongly recommended once a postlaryngectomy pharyngocutaneous fistula is identified...
- Pectoralis myofascial flap during salvage laryngectomy prevents pharyngocutaneous fistulaUrjeet A Patel
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Northwestern University, and Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Cook County Hospital, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 141:190-5. 2009..To determine the rate of pharyngocutaneous fistula after salvage laryngectomy and assess if pectoralis myofascial flap reinforcement over primary pharyngeal closure prevents pharyngocutaneous fistula...
- Nutrition and management of enterocutaneous fistulaD A J Lloyd
The Lennard Jones Intestinal Failure Unit, St Mark s Hospital and Academic Institute, Harrow, UK
Br J Surg 93:1045-55. 2006..The management of enterocutaneous fistula is challenging, with significant associated morbidity and mortality. This article reviews treatment, with emphasis on the provision and optimal route of nutritional support...
- Nutrition and enterocutaneous fistulasZ A Makhdoom
Section of Gastroenterology Nutrition, Penn State Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, Pennsylvania 17822, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 31:195-204. 2000..Somatostatin 250 microg/d and octreotide 300-600 microg/d have been tried along with total parenteral nutrition to decrease the healing time of ECFs and to reduce the number of complications...
- A rare case: spontaneous cutaneous fistula of infected splenic hydatid cystKemal Kismet
Ankara Training and Research Hospital, 4th General Surgery Department, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 12:2633-5. 2006..But there isn't any report about cutaneous fistula caused by splenic hydatid cyst...
- Current management of enterocutaneous fistulaAmy R Evenson
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 10:455-64. 2006....
- Infected carotid pseudoaneurysm and carotid-cutaneous fistula as a late complication of carotid artery stentingAmir Kaviani
Department of Vascular Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Vasc Surg 43:379-82. 2006..As carotid artery stenting becomes more widely used, previously unreported late complications associated with this procedure are likely to become apparent, and continued close follow-up is warranted...
- Clinical outcome and factors predictive of recurrence after enterocutaneous fistula surgeryA Craig Lynch
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Ann Surg 240:825-31. 2004..Recent experience with surgery for enterocutaneous fistulae (ECF) at a specialist colorectal unit is reviewed to define factors relating to a successful surgical outcome...
- 31-Year-old bladder diverticulocutaneous fistula with a giant stone as a complication of pelvic fractureY C Chuang
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Tech Urol 7:302-4. 2001..To our knowledge, we present the first case of a vesical diverticulocutaneous fistula after pelvic fractures. Etiology, presentation. diagnosis, and management are discussed...
- Vesicocutaneous fistula arising from a bladder diverticulumT A Kishore
Department of Urology, Government Medical College, Kottayam, Kerala, India
Indian J Med Sci 59:265-7. 2005..Vesicocutaneous fistula from an iatrogenic injury to vesical diverticulum resulting from a groin surgery has not been reported so far...
- Postoperative complications of salvage total laryngectomyIan Ganly
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cancer 103:2073-81. 2005....
- Bronchopleural cutaneous fistula due to Eikenella corrodensKin Sun Wong
Department of Pediatrics, Chang Gung Children s Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
J Pediatr (Rio J) 81:265-7. 2005The aim of this paper is to review the subject and to report on and discuss a case of bronchopleural cutaneous fistula due to Eikenella corrodens.
- An 11-year experience of enterocutaneous fistulaP Hollington
Department of Surgery, St Mark s Hospital, Harrow, UK
Br J Surg 91:1646-51. 2004..Enterocutaneous fistula has traditionally been associated with substantial morbidity and mortality, related to fluid, electrolyte and metabolic disturbance, sepsis and malnutrition...
- Sternobronchial fistula--uncommon complication after coronary surgery (a case report)J Mand'ák
Department of Cardiosurgery, University Teaching Hospital, Hradec Kralove
Acta Medica (Hradec Kralove) 43:29-31. 2000..After some time span an inflamed wound, several skin fistulae and the system of substernal fistulae appeared. One of these fistulae communicated with the left bronchial tree...
- Persistence of gastrocutaneous fistula after removal of gastrostomy tubes in children: prevalence and associated factorsN El-Rifai
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Lille University Children s Hospital and Faculty of Medicine, Lille, France
Endoscopy 36:700-4. 2004..The aims of this study were to determine the prevalence of gastrocutaneous fistula after removal of gastrostomy tubes in children and to identify associated risk factors...
- Fibrin glue as adjuvant treatment for gastrocutaneous fistula after gastrostomy tube removalA Gonzalez-Ojeda
Medical Research Unit in Clinical Epidemiology Western Medical Center, Mexican Institute of Social Security, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Endoscopy 36:337-41. 2004..36 days, respectively. Endoscopic guidance allows direct instillation of fibrin glue via the external opening through the whole fistulous tract. This procedure reduces the time required for the closure of gastrocutaneous fistulas...
- Pharyngocutaneous fistulaAntti A Makitie
Toronto General Hospital, Eaton North 7 242, 200 Elizabeth Street, Toronto, ON, M5G 2C4 Canada
Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 11:78-84. 2003..This subset of patients is likely best treated in regional centers of excellence with well developed multidisciplinary programs for ablative and reconstructive head and neck surgery...
- Cutaneous fistula is a rare presentation of Pott's puffy tumourE Minutilli
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 61:1246-8. 2008
- A randomized controlled trial of early oral feeding in laryngectomized patientsHuseyin Seven
Otorhinolaryngology Clinic, Sisli Etfal Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Laryngoscope 113:1076-9. 2003..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of early oral feeding by comparing it with feeding through primary tracheoesophageal puncture after total laryngectomy with primary pharyngeal closure...
- Incidence and predisposing factors of pharyngocutaneous fistula formation after total laryngectomy. Is there a relationship with tumor recurrence?Konstantinos D Markou
Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, AHEPA Hospital, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 54006 Thessaloniki, Greece
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 261:61-7. 2004..The rate of tumor recurrence after total laryngectomy was not related to the presence of a fistula during the postoperative period...
- Imatinib (STI-571) heals a gastrocutaneous fistula resulting from a malignant gastric stromal tumorEnders K W Ng
Department of Surgery, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, China
Gastric Cancer 6:122-6. 2003..Follow-up computed tonography (CT) scan 3 months later confirmed significant tumor reduction, and the patient has experienced no side effects from the treatment..
- Analysis of factors affecting the spontaneous closure of a gastrocutaneous fistulaTracey A Janik
Department of Pediatric Surgery, The Children s Hospital University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
J Pediatr Surg 39:1197-9. 2004..The purpose of this report was to analyze a large group of pediatric patients with a persistent GCF to determine the rate of persistence and any factors that correlate with the persistence of a GCF...
- Combined endoscopic cautery and clip closure of chronic gastrocutaneous fistulasJonathan E Teitelbaum
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Monmouth Medical Center, Long Branch, New Jersey, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 62:432-5. 2005..The standard treatment is surgery with laparotomy and excision of the fistula tract. This study describes the results of an endoscopic closure technique by using a combination of electrocautery and metal clips...
- Spontaneous cyst-cutaneous fistula: an extremely rare presentation of hydatid liver cystGeorge H Sakorafas
Department of Surgery, 251 Hellenic Air Force Hospital, Athens, Greece
Am J Surg 192:205-6. 2006
- The incidence and etiology of postlaryngectomy pharyngocutaneous fistulaeJ A Virtaniemi
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Kuopio and Kuopio University Hospital, Finland
Head Neck 23:29-33. 2001..The pharyngocutaneous fistula is troublesome complication after total laryngectomy. Despite a large number of studies, there is still disagreement on factors predisposing to this complication...
- Complications in head and neck surgery: a meta-analysis of postlaryngectomy pharyngocutaneous fistulaJoseph A Paydarfar
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Dartmouth Medical School, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 132:67-72. 2006..To summarize the potential risk factors for postlaryngectomy pharyngocutaneous fistula...
- Early oral feeding following total laryngectomyJ E Medina
Head and Neck Service, Department of Otolaryngology, The University of Oklahoma Health and Sciences Center, 920 Stanton Young Boulevard, Oklahoma City, OK 26901, USA
Laryngoscope 111:368-72. 2001..The length of hospital stay was significantly shortened from 12 to 7 days. CONCLUSION: Our results indicate that in this patient population initiation of oral feeding 48 hours after total laryngectomy is a safe clinical practice...
- Occlusion of a broncho-cutaneous fistula with endobronchial one-way valvesGregory I Snell
Department of Allergy, Immunology and Respiratory Medicine, The Alfred Hospital, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Ann Thorac Surg 80:1930-2. 2005..endobronchial valve prostheses (Emphasys Medical, Inc, CA) to control a previously intractable broncho-cutaneous fistula. The valves have been specifically designed for airway placement as part of a therapeutic approach to severe ..
- Dorsal urethral fistula: case report and review of literatureTagore M Grandhi
Department of General Surgery, Crosshouse Hospital, Kilmarnock, Scotland, United Kingdom
Urology 63:175-6. 2004..A brief literature search for various causes of urethral fistula was made, and the likely mechanisms for the cause of the fistula were explored...
- Prevention of postlaryngectomy pharyngocutaneous fistula using a sternocleidomastoid muscle collar flapO A Albirmawy
Otolaryngology Department, Tanta University, Tanta, Egypt
J Laryngol Otol 121:253-7. 2007..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of a sternocleidomastoid muscle collar flap in the prevention of pharyngocutaneous fistula in patients who had undergone total laryngectomy...
- [Polymeric biomaterials in head and neck surgery: first results of biocompatibility testing of a degradable polymer in an animal model]D Rickert
Universitätsklinik für Hals Nasen Ohrenheilkunde, Ulm
Laryngorhinootologie 86:507-14. 2007
- Tubularized-incised plate urethroplasty in adultsGyanendra Sharma
Solapur Kidney Care and Research Centre Pvt Ltd, Urology, Solapur, Maharashtra, India
BJU Int 95:374-6. 2005..To evaluate the results of tubularized incised-plate (TIP) urethroplasty for distal and midshaft hypospadias in adults, and to underline technical aspects to decrease complications...
- [The management of pharyngocutaneous fistulas after total laryngectomy and the factors affecting their incidence]Fikret Kasapoglu
Department of Otolaryngology, Medicine Faculty of Uludag University, Bursa, Turkey
Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg 11:5-10. 2003..This study sought to determine the incidence and etiologic factors of pharyngocutaneous fistulas occurring after total laryngectomy...
- Re: Tunneled tunica vaginalis flap is an effective technique for recurrent urethrocutaneous fistulas following tubularized incised plate urethroplasty J. C. Routh, J. J. Wolpert and Y. Reinberg J Urol 2006; 176: 1578-1581Uday Sankar Chatterjee
J Urol 179:790-1. 2008
- Postlaryngectomy pharyngocutaneous fistula: incidence, predisposing factors, and therapyJacopo Galli
Institute of Otolaryngology, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 133:689-94. 2005..The pharyngocutaneous fistula (PCF) is a serious complication after total laryngectomy, and its etiology is not well understood yet. The aim of our study was to evaluate predisposing factors, incidence, and management of this complication...
- Fistula response to methotrexate in Crohn's disease: a case seriesU Mahadevan
Division of Gastroenterology and Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 18:1003-8. 2003..Controlled trials have demonstrated the efficacy of methotrexate in the induction and maintenance of remission in luminal Crohn's disease; however, its effect on fistulizing disease is unknown...
- Fistula analysis after radial forearm free flap reconstruction of hypopharyngeal defectsPatricio Andrades
Division of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Alabama in Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0012, USA
Laryngoscope 118:1157-63. 2008..To evaluate risk factors and management options for fistula formation after hypopharyngeal reconstruction using the radial forearm free flap reconstruction...
- A new function of the monitor skin island: repair of a pharyngocutaneous fistula with a monitor skin island of the anterolateral thigh flapL V Straatman
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 61:1132-4. 2008
- Prevention of postlaryngectomy pharyngocutaneous fistula: the Memorial University experienceThomas J Smith
Department of Otolaryngology, St Clare s Mercy Hospital Foundation, St John s, Newfoundland
J Otolaryngol 32:222-5. 2003..Our secondary objective was to estimate the economic saving to our health care system...
- Tunneled tunica vaginalis flap is an effective technique for recurrent urethrocutaneous fistulas following tubularized incised plate urethroplastyJonathan C Routh
Department of Urology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
J Urol 176:1578-80; discussion 1581. 2006..However, to our knowledge its use after tubularized incised plate repair has not yet been described. We present our results with this technique...
- One-stage reconstruction of complex pharyngoesophageal, tracheal, and anterior neck defectsPeirong Yu
Department of Plastic Surgery, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 116:949-56. 2005..Reconstruction of combined pharyngoesophageal, tracheal, and anterior neck defects is challenging and usually requires two flaps, which is sometimes accompanied by significant morbidity...
- Type of fistula determines response to infliximab in patients with fistulous Crohn's diseaseMansour A Parsi
Center for Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Department of Gastroenterology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 99:445-9. 2004..Infliximab has been shown to be efficacious for treating perianal fistulae in patients with Crohn's disease. There is limited information regarding response to infliximab in patients with other types of fistulae...
- Surgical wound complications after intensive chemoradiotherapy for advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckJustin E Morgan
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 133:10-4. 2007..To define the rate of complications from surgery following intensive chemoradiotherapy in patients with advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck...
- Re: Miroslav L. Djordjevic, Sava V. Perovic, Zoran Slavkovic and Nenad Djakovic. Longitudinal dorsal dartos flap for prevention of fistula after a Snodgrass hypospadias procedure. Eur urol 2006;50:53-57Baris Nuhoglu
Eur Urol 51:856; author reply 857. 2007
- [Perineal approach to repair rectal and cutaneous fistulas involving the urethra and bladder]H Borchers
Urologische Klinik, Universitatsklinikum, RWTH Aachen, 520570 Aachen
Urologe A 46:1412-5. 2007..In addition in three patients prostatectomy was performed. All fistulas were repaired successfully with minimal morbidity...
- Dorsal dartos flap for preventing fistula in the Snodgrass hypospadias repairMiroslav L Djordjevic
Department of Urology, University Children s Hospital, Belgrade, Serbia
BJU Int 95:1303-9. 2005..To evaluate the importance of urethral covering using vascularized dorsal subcutaneous tissue for preventing fistula in the Snodgrass hypospadias repair...
- The pectoralis myofascial flap in pharyngolaryngeal surgery after radiotherapyC Righini
Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, CHU de Grenoble, BP 217 38043, Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 262:357-61. 2005..018). The pectoralis myofascial flap covering the pharyngeal sutures in postradiotherapy laryngectomy is particularly useful in a selected group of patients (with diabetes mellitus, history of vascular disease or poor nutritional status)...
- A new technique of postoperative pancreatico gastric enterocutaneous fistula repair using de-tubularised afferent loopS V S Deo
Department of Surgical Oncology, Institute Rotary Cancer Hospital, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110029, India
Trop Gastroenterol 25:86-8. 2004..We present a new technique of repair using afferent loop that provided a vascularized bowel segment, which used in an anatomical fashion for closure of fistula...
- Surgical treatment of pharyngostomes in irradiated patients. Our experience with musculocutaneous pectoralis major flap and hyperbaric oxygen therapyA Cordova
Dipratimento di Discipline Chirurgiche ed Oncologiche, Divisione di Chirurgia Plastica e Ricostruttiva, Facolta di Medicina, Universita di Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Acta Otolaryngol 125:759-64. 2005....
- A complex caliceal-cutaneous and caliceal-peritoneal fistula in a renal transplant patient: a case for conservative managementRohit Chahal
Department of Hepatobiliary and Transplant Surgery, St James s University Hospital, Beckett Street, Leeds, UK
Int Urol Nephrol 36:245-7. 2004..We present a case of complex caliceal-cutaneous and caliceal-peritoneal fistula in a renal transplant patient who was successfully managed conservatively...
- Repair of pharyngocutaneous fistulas with the submental artery island flapZühtü Demir
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Social Security Foundation Ankara Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Plast Reconstr Surg 115:38-44. 2005..The authors believe that this technique is a good alternative in the reconstruction of pharyngocutaneous fistulas. Application of the technique and results are discussed...
- Pharyngocutaneous fistula following total laryngectomy: a single institution's 10-year experienceAntti A Makitie
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Helsinki University Central Hospital, P O Box 220, 00029 HUCH, Helsinki, Finland
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 263:1127-30. 2006..Although most fistulae close spontaneously without surgical intervention this complication leads to prolonged hospitalization and increased patient morbidity...
- The impact of diabetes mellitus on postoperative morbidity in laryngeal surgeryM Jovanovic
Department of Otorhinolaryngology with Maxillofacial and Cervical Pathology, Clinical Hospital Centre Zemun, Belgrade
Acta Chir Iugosl 53:51-5. 2006..Our data indicate the need to make a very serious plan and clinical assesment for laryngeal surgical therapy in diabetic patients...
- Tunica vaginalis interposition flap in the closure of massive disruption of the neourethral tube (macro urethrocutaneous fistulae)R B Singh
9 J 15, Medical Campus, PGIMS, 124001 Rohtak, Haryana, India
Pediatr Surg Int 20:464-6. 2004..The use of a tunica vaginalis interposition flap in the successful closure of 14 macro urethrocutaneous fistulae (2-4 cm long) is described...
- Ventral based dartos flap for the prevention of the urethrocutaneous fistula urethroplastyYutaro Hayashi
Department of Nephro urology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya City University, Nagoya, Japan
Int J Urol 14:725-8. 2007..Urethrocutaneous fistula is a common complication of urethroplasty for hypospadias even when a microsurgical technique is applied...
- Use of buccal mucosa patch graft for recurrent large urethrocutaneous fistula after hypospadias repairAndras Kiss
Department of Urology, Heim Pal Children s Hospital, Budapest, Hungary
Urol Int 72:329-31; discussion 331. 2004..To assess the effectiveness of buccal mucosa patch graft in the treatment of recurrent large urethrocutaneous fistula after hypospadias repair...
- Post-operative pharyngocutaneous fistula after laryngectomyNaohiro Wakisaka
Division of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, 13 1 Takara machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920 8640, Japan
Auris Nasus Larynx 35:203-8. 2008..Here, we evaluated the cause of PCF after laryngectomy, with special emphasis on radiotherapy and/or chemotherapy...
- [Wound infections, adhesions, late fistulas. Are you equipped to deal with the possible sequelae of abdominal operations?]A Imdahl
Abt Allgemein und Visceralchirurgie mit Poliklinik, Chirurgische Universitatsklinik, Freiburg E mail
MMW Fortschr Med 144:27. 2002
- Delayed carotid artery rupture in advanced cervical cancer--a dilemma in emergency managementMisha Witz
Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 259:37-9. 2002..Of paramount importance is the hemodynamic stabilization of the patient prior to being submitted to surgery. Our results favor ligation rather than resection and reconstruction as the procedure of choice in this difficult predicament...
- Cutaneous renocolic fistula associated with diverticulitisElena Gimenez
Department of Urology, The New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Can J Urol 15:4191-3. 2008..Inflammation resulting from kidney disease may place patients with colonic diverticulitis at higher risk for developing renocolic or cutaneous renocolic fistulas...
- [Cutaneo-reno-colonic fistula in tubercular kidney with staghorn calculus: report of a case]A Benchekroun
Clinique Urologique A, CHU Avicenne, Rabat, Maroc
Ann Urol (Paris) 36:361-4. 2002..The fistula was successfully managed by single stage surgery (nephrectomy, fistulectomy and suture of colon). Histopathological examination revealed renal tuberculosis. Surgery was completed by an anti-tubercular treatment...
- Management of recurrent urethral fistulas after hypospadias repairFrank Richter
Section of Urology, University of Medicine and Dentistry New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey, USA
Urology 61:448-51. 2003..To report on our experience in the management of recurrent urethrocutaneous fistulas in order to understand the etiology and outcome of secondary repair of the failed fistula closure...
- [Postoperative fistulas. How to close them]U Baumgartner
Abt Allgemein und Viszeralchirurgie mit Poliklinik, Chirurgische Universitätsklinik Freiburg
MMW Fortschr Med 144:35-9. 2002..For conservative treatment, however, free intestinal transit distal to the fistula must be ensured. If an enterocutaneous fistula fails to heal within two or three months under conservative treatment, surgical management must be applied...
- Hypospadias in adultsTemucin Senkul
Department of Urology, GATA Haydarpasa Training Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Urology 60:1059-62. 2002..To review the follow-up data and complications of adult patients who underwent hypospadias surgery...
- [Treatment of complications in hypospadias surgery: modern advancement]R M Cigna
Istituto Materno Infantile, Clinica Chirurgica Pediatrica, Universita degli Studi, Palermo, Italy
Minerva Urol Nefrol 54:107-11. 2002..The search for the innovative surgical procedures and the optimal urethral substitute continues because each tissue has its particular shortcomings and disadvantages...
- The utility of buccal mucosa graft in salvage urethroplastyG Weinberg
Division of Urology, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Can J Urol 9:1641-5. 2002..To evaluate our results with buccal mucosa free grafts in salvage urethroplasty...
- Distal hypospadias: which repair?M Samuel
Department of Paediatric Surgery, St George s Hospital, London, UK
BJU Int 90:88-91. 2002..To compare the function, complications and cosmesis after a modified Thiersch-Duplay and Mathieu unstented urethroplasty...
- Early closure of fistula after hypospadias surgery using N-butyl cyanoacrylate: preliminary resultsSteven P Lapointe
Hospital of St Justine, Montreal, Canada
J Urol 168:1751-3. 2002..We determine the effectiveness of the tissue adhesive n-butyl cyanoacrylate for early repair of fistula after hypospadias surgery in children...
- Variables in successful repair of urethrocutaneous fistula after hypospadias surgeryBradley J Waterman
Division of Urology, University of Utah School of Medicine and Primary Children s Medical Center, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Urol 168:726-30; discussion 729-30. 2002..We evaluate variables affecting the success of repairs of urethrocutaneous fistula after hypospadias surgery...
- Early oral feeding following total laryngectomyLevent Saydam
Department of Otolaryngology, Bayindir Medical Center, Ankara and the Department of Otolaryngology, Inonu University Medical School, Malatya, Turkey
Am J Otolaryngol 23:277-81. 2002..In this article we analyze our experience with special emphasis given to the early start of postoperative feeding...
- Outcome of hypospadias fistula repairK R Shankar
Department of Paediatric Urology, Alder Hey Children s Hospital, Liverpool, UK
BJU Int 89:103-5. 2002..For recurrent fistulae, tissues from an unscarred area (tunica vaginalis or scrotal dartos layer) should be used to cover the fistula...
- Temporary reduction of salivation in laryngectomy patients with pharyngocutaneous fistulas by botulinum toxin A injectionOrlando Guntinas-Lichius
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Cologne, D 50925 Koeln, Germany
Laryngoscope 112:187-9. 2002
- Conservative treatment of iatrogenic urinary fistulas: the value of cyanoacrylic glueF Bardari
Department of Urology, S. Giovanni Bosco Hospital, Turin, Italy
Urology 58:1046-8. 2001..At a mean follow-up of 21 months, all patients were free of urinary leakage and had no evidence of recurrent urinary fistulas. This approach may represent a safe and effective way to repair postoperative urinary fistulas...
- Lateral upper arm free flap for primary reconstruction of pharyngeal defects in ablative oncological surgery. Report of six consecutive casesJörg Schipper
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 112:611-6. 2003..The flexibility of the LUFF allows surgeons to reconstruct the anatomy of the lost soft tissues as adequately as possible...
- The modified Snodgrass hypospadias repair: reducing the risk of fistula and meatal stenosisVenkata R Jayanthi
Section of Pediatric Urology, Columbus Children s Hospital, Ohio, USA
J Urol 170:1603-5; discussion 1605. 2003..Multiple series document excellent cosmetic outcome in conjunction with low complication rates. Modifications to the original procedure are presented, which may further limit the risk of complications...
- Application of the Cecil-Culp repair for treatment of urethrocutaneous fistulas after hypospadias surgeryJ J Ehle
Division of Pediatric Urology, Children's Hospital of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Urology 57:347-50. 2001..Although this technique requires a brief second-stage operation, no recurrent fistula has occurred in any of our patients...
- [Therapy of iatrogenic pharyngocutaneous fistulas--possibilities of surgical treatment]T Grundmann
Universitäts Hals Nasen Ohrenklinik Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg
Laryngorhinootologie 82:358-63. 2003..Predisposing factors are tissue disorders, as can be seen after radiation therapy or wound infections. The aim of this study was to create a systematic approach to the treatment of such complications...
- Mathieu urethroplasty as a salvage procedure: 20-year experienceLevent Emir
Clinic of Urology, Ankara Teaching and Research Hospital, Ministry of Health, Ankara, Turkey
J Urol 169:2325-6; author reply 2326-7. 2003..We assessed the results of the Mathieu procedure in a series of patients who had undergone multiple prior hypospadias repairs...
- [Incidence of salivary fistulas in relation to timing of oral nutrition after laryngectomy]P Volling
, Evangelisches Krankenhaus, Steinweg 13-17, 26122 Oldenburg
HNO 49:276-82. 2001..018). CONCLUSIONS: Our results indicate that early oral feeding in the 1st postoperative week does not influence fistula formation after laryngectomy...
- [The stapler in total laryngectomy with closed technique]M Manola
Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori di Napoli, Fondazione G Pascale, Divisione di Otorinolaringoiatria
Tumori 89:260-2. 2003..AIMS AND BACKGROUNDS: The use of the stapler in total laryngectomy with closed technique is described by the authors...
- Outcome analysis of tunica vaginalis flap for the correction of recurrent urethrocutaneous fistula in childrenExekiel H Landau
Pediatric Urology Unit, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
J Urol 170:1596-9; discussion 1599. 2003..If the dartos fascia is unavailable and local penile skin is fibrotic as a result of previous operations, a tunica vaginalis flap may be considered. We report our experience with tunica vaginalis flap as an adjunct to fistula repair...
- [Cutaneous infections in bullous pemphigoid patients treated with topical corticosteroids]Z Boughrara
Service de Dermatologie, CHU Henri Mondor, 51, Avenue du Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94000 Creteil, France
Ann Dermatol Venereol 137:345-51. 2010....
- Appendiceal mucocele of mucinous cystadenocarcinoma with a cutaneous fistulaA Nakao
First Department of Surgery, Okayama University Medical School, 2 5 1 Shikatacho, Okayama, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
J Int Med Res 30:452-6. 2002..This report is of interest as it demonstrates that tumour rupture to the extraperitoneal space could result in a good outcome by preventing the development of pseudomyxoma peritonei...
- [Appendicular cystadenocarcinoma with cutaneous fistula]I Hadj-Taieb
Service de Dermatologie, hôpital Hédi Chaker, 3029 Sfax, Tunisie
Ann Dermatol Venereol 137:198-202. 2010..Cutaneous metastasis of colorectal cancer is rare. We report a case of fistular lesions of the buttocks revealing a mixed tumour of the appendix involving mucinous cystadenocarcinoma and carcinoid tumour...
- Staged approach for abdominal wound closure following combined liver and intestinal transplantation from living donors in pediatric patientsMark A Grevious
Division of Plastic Surgery, University of Illinois at Chicago, 820 S Wood Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Pediatr Transplant 13:177-81. 2009..At a mean follow-up of 24 months only one patient developed an entero-cutaneous fistula five months post-transplant...
- [Parietal abscess revealing a lost gallstone 8 years after laparoscopic cholecystectomy]Ibtissem Bouasker
Service de Chirurgie Générale B, Hopital Charles Nicolle
Tunis Med 88:277-9. 2010..Stones spilled remain there in 20% of cases in view of their number and location. These lost stones can cause adhesions, abscess, peritonitis, digestive fistula or else cutaneous fistula.
- [Strategy for secure hemostasis in hemophilia patients undergoing surgery for malignant neoplasms]Andrzej B Szczepanik
Department of General and Hematological Surgery, Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, Warsaw, Poland
Pol Merkur Lekarski 27:375-80. 2009..The aim of the study was to determine the type and frequency of malignant neoplasms in hemophilia patients as well as to provide a strategy for establishing safe hemostatic activity in surgically treated hemophilia patients...
- [Inflammatory malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the spermatic cord infiltrating an inguinal leiomyoma. Case report with conceptual and bibliographic reviews]Juan Manuel Ruiz Liso
Servicio de Patologia, Complejo Hospitalario de Soria Hospital Virgen del Mirón, Soria, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 61:485-98. 2008..To study paratesticular malignant fibrous histiocytomas (FHM) from the clinical, histological, immunohistochemical and histogenetic, point of view...
- Complications in transoral CO2 laser surgery for carcinoma of the larynx and hypopharynxIsabel Vilaseca-González
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Hospital Clinic i Universitari de Barcelona, C Villarroel 170, Barcelona 08036, Spain
Head Neck 25:382-8. 2003....
- Molecular Analysis of Scarless Fetal Wound HealingSandeep Kathju; Fiscal Year: 2007..With these complementary approaches we hope to thereby arrive at a broad understanding of the gene patterns controlling both fetal and adult wound healing, and identify gene products/pathways critical to both. ..
- DONOR SPECIFIC IMMUNOSUPPRESSION TO TRACHEAL ALLOGRAFTSEric Genden; Fiscal Year: 2004..Specific Aim II will focus on alternative methods of inducing donor specific tolerance to tracheal allografts. Specific Aim III will focus on the behavior of the tracheal allograft and its affect upon the established state of tolerance. ..