Genomes and Genes
Summary: Pathological processes of the BREAST.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH2
Publications325 found, 100 shown here
- Clinical application of shear wave elastography (SWE) in the diagnosis of benign and malignant breast diseasesJung Min Chang
Department of Radiology and Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul National University Medical Research Center, Chongno Gu, Seoul, Korea
Breast Cancer Res Treat 129:89-97. 2011..Our results suggest that SWE has the potential to aid in the differentiation of benign and malignant breast lesions...
- A multi-center prospective cohort study of benign breast disease and risk of subsequent breast cancerGeoffrey C Kabat
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, 10461, USA
Cancer Causes Control 21:821-8. 2010....
- TBX-3, the gene mutated in Ulnar-Mammary Syndrome, is a negative regulator of p19ARF and inhibits senescenceThijn R Brummelkamp
Division of Molecular Carcinogenesis, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 277:6567-72. 2002..These data suggest that the hypoproliferative features of this genetic disorder may be caused, at least in part, by deregulated expression of p14(ARF)...
- Fibrous lesions of the breast: imaging-pathologic correlationNeeti B Goel
Ellen Shaw de Paredes Institute for Women s Imaging, 4480 Cox Rd, Suite 100, Glen Allen, VA 23060, USA
Radiographics 25:1547-59. 2005..To correctly differentiate between fibrous breast lesions that are benign and those that should be resected, the physician must be familiar with the correlated radiologic-pathologic findings in the various lesion types...
- Conjugated equine estrogen and risk of benign proliferative breast disease: a randomized controlled trialThomas E Rohan
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Ave, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 100:563-71. 2008..We tested the effect of conjugated equine estrogen (CEE) on risk of benign proliferative breast disease in the Women's Health Initiative (WHI) randomized controlled trial...
- Statewide study of diagnostic agreement in breast pathologyW A Wells
Department of Pathology, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03756, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 90:142-5. 1998..g., core needle or excisional biopsy) or slide quality...
- Benign breast diseaseMark D Pearlman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecology, Breast Diseases Program, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Obstet Gynecol 116:747-58. 2010Benign breast diseases are among the most common diagnoses that the busy obstetrician-gynecologist will see in practice. Moreover, breast cancer will undoubtedly be diagnosed numerous times in an obstetrician-gynecologist's career...
- US of mammographically detected clustered microcalcificationsW K Moon
Departments of Radiology, Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital and the Institute of Radiation Medicine, SNUMRC, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul, Korea
Radiology 217:849-54. 2000..To determine whether ultrasonography (US) can depict breast masses associated with mammographically detected clustered microcalcifications and whether the visibility at US is different between benign and malignant lesions...
- Risk factors for benign proliferative breast diseaseC Friedenreich
Division of Epidemiology, Prevention and Screening, Alberta Cancer Board, 1331 29 St NW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, T2N 4N2
Int J Epidemiol 29:637-44. 2000....
- Sonographic detection and sonographically guided biopsy of breast microcalcificationsMary Scott Soo
Department of Radiology, Breast Imaging Division, Duke University Medical Center, P O Box 3808, Durham, NC 27710, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 180:941-8. 2003....
- Localized amyloidosis of the breast associated with invasive lobular carcinomaJ M Sabate
Unit of Breast Imaging, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Avda Sant Antoni Maria Claret 167, Barcelona 08025, Spain
Br J Radiol 81:e252-4. 2008..The lesion presented as a suspicious mass with particular diffuse hyperechogenicity on the sonographic examination, which in this case can be considered suggestive of amyloidosis...
- Benign and malignant breast masses and axillary nodes: evaluation with echo-enhanced color power Doppler USW T Yang
Department of Diagnostic Radiology and Organ Imaging, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong
Radiology 220:795-802. 2001..To evaluate microbubble contrast enhancement in distinguishing malignant from benign breast masses and malignant from benign axillary nodes in patients with breast cancer...
- Who is not reassured following benign diagnosis of breast symptoms?G T Meechan
Department of Health Psychology, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Psychooncology 14:239-46. 2005..We then assessed if these factors were associated with reassurance about the breast symptom immediately following benign diagnosis...
- Lifetime alcohol consumption and postmenopausal breast cancer rate in Denmark: a prospective cohort studyAnne Tjønneland
Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, Danish Cancer Society, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Nutr 134:173-8. 2004..Our results suggest that baseline intake of alcohol is a more important determinant of postmenopausal breast cancer risk than earlier lifetime exposure...
- Quantitative diffusion-weighted MR imaging in the differential diagnosis of breast lesionC Marini
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University of Pisa, Via Roma 67, 56100, Pisa PI, Italy
Eur Radiol 17:2646-55. 2007..Quantitative DWI is not time-consuming and can be easily inserted into standard clinical breast MR imaging protocols...
- Amyloidosis of the breastChristoph Rocken
Department of Pathology, Otto von Guericke University, Leipziger Str 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Virchows Arch 440:527-35. 2002....
- Patterns of alcohol consumption and breast cancer risk in the California Teachers Study cohortPamela L Horn-Ross
Northern California Cancer Center, Union City, CA, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:405-11. 2004....
- Genetic variation and circulating levels of IGF-I and IGFBP-3 in relation to risk of proliferative benign breast diseaseXuefen Su
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Int J Cancer 126:180-90. 2010..These results suggest that genetic variants and circulating levels of IGFBP-3 may play a role in the early stage of breast carcinogenesis...
- The incidence and outcome of incidental breast lesions detected by computed tomographyA Hussain
Breast Unit, Department of General Surgery, Princess Royal University Hospital, Farnborough Common, Kent, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 92:124-6. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate the incidence and outcomes of breast lesions detected incidentally on CT scans...
- Benign breast disordersRichard J Santen
Department of Medicine, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville, VA, USA
N Engl J Med 353:275-85. 2005
- The influence of family history and histological stratification on breast cancer risk in women with benign breast disease: a meta-analysisWen Bin Zhou
Department of Breast Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital with Nanjing Medical University, 300 Guangzhou Road, Nanjing, 210029, China
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 137:1053-60. 2011..Furthermore, it is unclear whether family history increases risk in women with various subtypes of BBD...
- High-resolution chromosome 3p allelotyping of breast carcinomas and precursor lesions demonstrates frequent loss of heterozygosity and a discontinuous pattern of allele lossA Maitra
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Am J Pathol 159:119-30. 2001....
- Stratification of breast cancer risk in women with atypia: a Mayo cohort studyAmy C Degnim
Division of General Surgery, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:2671-7. 2007..Atypical hyperplasia is a well-recognized risk factor for breast cancer, conveying an approximately four-fold increased risk. Data regarding long-term absolute risk and factors for risk stratification are needed...
- Inflammatory pseudotumor of the breast in a patient with a high serum IgG4 level: histologic similarity to sclerosing pancreatitisYoh Zen
Department of Pathology, Fukui Saiseikai Hospital, Fukui, Japan
Am J Surg Pathol 29:275-8. 2005..IgG4 might become a useful marker for inflammatory pseudotumor of the breast, and it might benefit from steroid therapy, as does sclerosing pancreatitis...
- Breast abscess in lactating women: US-guided treatmentDieter Ulitzsch
Department of Radiology, Karolinska Institute at Danderyds Hospital, S182 88 Danderyd, Sweden dieter swipnet se
Radiology 232:904-9. 2004..To retrospectively evaluate the use of ultrasonography (US)-guided treatment of breast abscesses in lactating women...
- Histologic associations and long-term cancer risk in columnar cell lesions of the breast: a retrospective cohort and a nested case-control studyFouad I Boulos
Department of Pathology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Cancer 113:2415-21. 2008..However, the few retrospective outcome studies performed have failed to establish an increased risk for recurrence or carcinoma on long-term follow-up...
- Augmented serum levels of the IGF-I/IGF-binding protein-3 ratio in pre-menopausal patients with type I breast cystsPablo J Enriori
Instituto de Biologia y Medicina Experimental, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Eur J Endocrinol 148:177-84. 2003..The objective was to evaluate serum IGF-I and binding protein concentrations of type I and type II cyst patients as compared with healthy women...
- The effectiveness of surgical and nonsurgical interventions in relieving the symptoms of macromastiaE Dale Collins
Department of Surgery, Section of Plastic Surgery, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 109:1556-66. 2002..In this population, conservative measures such as weight loss, physical therapy, special brassieres, and medications did not provide effective permanent relief of symptoms...
- The current status of breast MR imaging. Part I. Choice of technique, image interpretation, diagnostic accuracy, and transfer to clinical practiceChristiane Kuhl
Department of Radiology, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, D 53105 Bonn, Germany
Radiology 244:356-78. 2007....
- Insulin-like growth factor-1, insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 and lobule type in the Nurses' Health Study IIMegan S Rice
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 181 Longwood Ave 3rd Floor, Boston, MA, 02115 USA
Breast Cancer Res 14:R44. 2012..Studies in animal models suggest that insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) may inhibit involution of lobules in the breast; however, this has not been studied in humans...
- Case 43: filariasisPaul D Friedman
Department of Radiology, Saint Barnabas Medical Center, Old Short Hills Rd, Livingston, NJ 07039, USA
Radiology 222:515-7. 2002
- Quiz. Primary breast amyloidosisAlexandra Athanasiou
Department of Radiology, Institut de Cancérologie, Gustave Roussy, 94805 Villejuif, France
Eur J Radiol 61:184-6. 2007..In our case the only mammographic finding was that of clustered, suspicious microcalcifications without any associated mass...
- Digital mammography-guided skin marking for sonographically guided biopsy of suspicious microcalcificationsNariya Cho
Department of Radiology and Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, 28, Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul, 100 744, Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 192:W132-6. 2009..The purpose of this study was to describe the application of digital mammography-guided skin marking as a localization technique for suspicious microcalcifications for sonographically guided biopsy...
- Serum levels of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 in benign and malignant breast diseaseI M Holdaway
Department of Endocrinology, School of Medicine, Auckland University, New Zealand
Aust N Z J Surg 69:495-500. 1999..The present study investigates whether this pattern also occurs in neoplastic breast disease...
- Operator dependence of physician-performed whole-breast US: lesion detection and characterizationWendie A Berg
American Radiology Services, Johns Hopkins Green Spring, 10755 Falls Rd, Suite 440, Lutherville, MD 21093, USA
Radiology 241:355-65. 2006..To prospectively examine operator dependence of lesion detection, description, and interpretation when experienced breast radiologists perform whole-breast ultrasonography (US)...
- Cholesterol granuloma of the breast with unusual ossification features (osseous metaplasia)Stefania Garofalo
Department of Pathology, Medical Faculty, Federico II University, Naples, Italy
Pathol Res Pract 204:353-6. 2008..Although reported to occur more frequently in the middle ear and mastoid process, we believe that better awareness of this rare benign condition is most important to avoid misdiagnosis and unnecessary surgery...
- Reading protocol for dynamic contrast-enhanced MR images of the breast: sensitivity and specificity analysisRuth M L Warren
Department of Radiology, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, England
Radiology 236:779-88. 2005....
- Diagnostic performance of ADC for Non-mass-like breast lesions on MR imagingTsugumi Imamura
Department of Radiological Sciences, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Sakamoto, Nagasaki, Japan
Magn Reson Med Sci 9:217-25. 2010..5%. Use of ADC values does not adequately improve DCE-MRI performance for differential diagnosis of non-mass-like breast lesions, but adding the ADC value criteria to the DCE-MRI pattern analysis improves sensitivity, NPV, and accuracy...
- Primary breast amyloidosis presenting solely as nonpalpable microcalcifications: a case report with review of the literaturePlacide Ngendahayo
Institut de Pathologie et Génétique IPG, Gosselies, Belgium
Int J Surg Pathol 21:177-80. 2013..A complete work up was performed to exclude other localisations or associated pathologies and was negative. The primary breast amyloidosis is discussed and a review of the literature is presented...
- Sonographically-guided vacuum-assisted biopsy with digital mammography-guided skin marking of suspicious breast microcalcifications: comparison of outcomes with stereotactic biopsy in Asian womenSoo Yeon Hahn
Department of Radiology and Center for Imaging Science, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Acta Radiol 52:29-34. 2011..Management of suspicious microcalcifications in very thin breasts is problematic...
- Alcohol consumption and incidence of benign breast diseaseCelia Byrne
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 11:1369-74. 2002..However, greater alcohol consumption earlier in life (ages 18-22 years) was associated with higher proliferative BBD rates, suggesting that timing of exposure may be relevant to disease incidence...
- Benign breast disease and the risk of breast cancerLynn C Hartmann
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
N Engl J Med 353:229-37. 2005..Benign breast disease is an important risk factor for breast cancer. We studied a large group of women with benign breast disease to obtain reliable estimates of this risk...
- Semiautomatic core biopsy. A modified biopsy technique in breast diseasesS Abdsaleh
Department of Radiology, The University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Radiol 44:47-51. 2003..To evaluate a semiautomatic gun to retrieve diagnostic core specimens of lesions in the breast and the axillary region...
- Estrogen plus progestin and risk of benign proliferative breast diseaseThomas E Rohan
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:2337-43. 2008..76 (95% CI, 0.38-1.52). The risk varied little by levels of baseline characteristics. The results of this study suggest that the use of estrogen plus progestin may increase the risk of benign proliferative breast disease...
- Breast diseases: a histopathological analysis of 3279 cases at a tertiary care center in PakistanM S Siddiqui
Department of Pathology, Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi
J Pak Med Assoc 53:94-7. 2003To know the frequency of breast diseases in Pakistani females.
- Imaging findings in a case of epidermal inclusion cyst arising within the breast parenchymaJin Young Kwak
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, CHA General Hospital, College of Medicine, Pochon CHA University, 650 9 Yeoksam dong, Gangnam Ku, Seoul 135 081, Korea
J Clin Ultrasound 32:141-3. 2004..To our knowledge, reports on epidermal inclusion cysts within the breast parenchyma are rare...
- Cholesterol granuloma of the breast mimicking carcinoma: report of a caseTakuya Osada
Department of Surgical Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Surg Today 32:981-4. 2002..We believe that a better awareness of this breast disease might help to prevent both a misdiagnosis and unnecessary surgery...
- c-KIT expression in columnar cell lesions of the breast accompanied by benign and malignant breast diseasesAyse Polat
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pathology, Mersin University, Mersin, Turkey
Pathol Res Pract 203:765-9. 2007..The aim of the present study was to evaluate c-KIT expression in CCLs accompanying benign and malignant breast diseases. A total of 65 patients (18 benign breast diseases, 8 ductal carcinomas in situ (DCI), and 39 invasive ..
- Comparison of FNAC and open biopsy in palpable breast lumpsMuzaffar Aziz
Department of General Surgery, Nishtar Medical College and Hospital, Multan
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 14:654-6. 2004..To compare the results of FNAC and open biopsy in patients presented with palpable breast lump...
- Benign breast diseases associated with cyclosporine therapy in renal transplant recipientsY L Seo
Department of Radiology, Kangwon National University School of Medicine, Hallym University College of Medicine, Kangdong Sacred Heart Hospital, Seoul, Democratic People s Republic of Korea
Transplant Proc 37:4315-9. 2005Our aim was to correlate the radiologic characteristics of cyclosporine-induced benign breast diseases with clinical and pathologic findings.
- A case of breast cholesterol granuloma accompanied by cancerChizu Furuhira
Department of Surgery and Oncology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Breast Cancer 11:210-3. 2004..Histopathologic examination revealed cholesterol granuloma together with breast cancer, and additional partial mastectomy was subsequently performed. It is noted that breast cholesterol granuloma could be accompanied by cancer...
- "Ossifying-type" mammary calcificationsErika Resetkova
Department of Pathology, New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Medical College of Cornell University, NY 10021, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 126:995-6. 2002
- Benign breast disease: when to treat, when to reassure, when to referLakshmi Vaidyanathan
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Shadyside, PA 15232, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 69:425-32. 2002..We have included some of the newer diagnostic techniques and the approach to patients with nonpalpable lesions detected on a screening mammogram...
- Predictors of psychological distress after diagnosis in breast cancer patients and patients with benign breast problemsNoriko Ando
Department of Medical Psychology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kitasato University, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
Psychosomatics 52:56-64. 2011..The objective of this study was to determine how age and psychological characteristics assessed prior to diagnosis could predict psychological distress in outpatients immediately after disclosure of their diagnosis...
- Pattern of breast diseases in a teaching hospital in Jeddah, Saudi ArabiaA A Jamal
Department of Pathology, King Abdul Aziz University Hospital, Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 22:110-3. 2001The aim of this case series study is to evaluate the outline and pattern of male and female breast diseases in Saudi Arabia...
- Hydatid cyst of the breast mimicking inflammatory carcinoma and mastitisAdile Ferda Dagli
Department of Pathology, Firat University Medical School, Firat Tip Merkezi, Patoloji AD, 23119 Elazig, Turkey
J Ultrasound Med 25:1353-6. 2006
- Hydatid cysts in breast: mammography and ultrasound findingsN Tutar
Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Radiology Department, Fevzi Cakmak Cad, 10 sok, No 45, Bahcelievler, 06490, Ankara, Turkey
Br J Radiol 79:e114-6. 2006..A case of a 48-year-old woman with hydatid disease of the breast is presented. The ultrasound and mammogram findings are shown and an uncommon ultrasound appearance of hydatid cyst in the breast is discussed...
- Value of scoring system in classification of proliferative breast disease on fine needle aspiration cytologyAsit Ranjan Mridha
Department of Pathology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 49:334-40. 2006..Application of scoring in a step-wise manner, on atypical aspirates, can help in selection of cases suitable for biopsy...
- Exclusive breastfeeding, maternal HIV disease, and the risk of clinical breast pathology in HIV-infected, breastfeeding womenKatherine Semrau
Center for Global Health and Development, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 205:344.e1-8. 2011..The objective of the study was to examine the relationship between breastfeeding patterns, markers of maternal human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) disease, and woman's breast pathology...
- Disorders of the breast in children and adolescents, Part 1: Disorders of growth and infections of the breastNirupama K De Silva
Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, Associated Women s Specialists OU Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 19:345-9. 2006
- [Interobserver reproducibility in the pathologic diagnosis of borderline ductal proliferative breast diseases]Bing Wei
Department of Pathology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 35:849-53. 2004The aim of this study involving general pathologists was to assess interobserver reproducibility in the pathologic diagnosis of borderline ductal proliferative breast diseases.
- Profile of breast diseases at a self-referral clinic in GhanaJ N A Clegg-Lamptey
Department of Surgery, Korle Bu Teaching Hospital, Accra, Ghana
West Afr J Med 28:114-7. 2009..Breast cancer is a common malignancy in Ghana, and many patients are referred with advanced disease and long duration of symptoms...
- Breast complaints and risk of breast cancer. Population-based study of 2,879 self-selected women and long-term follow-upF Lumachi
Endocrine Surgery Unit, University of Padua, School of Medicine, Padova, Italy
Biomed Pharmacother 56:88-92. 2002..Therefore, further investigations have to be warranted only when risk factors different from breast complaints are present...
- Breast diseases in the Northern region of Saudi ArabiaLawrence C Chiedozi
Department of Surgery, Prince Abdul Rahman Al Sudairy Central Hospital, Sakaka, Al Jouf, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 24:623-7. 2003The incidence and pattern of breast diseases varies within countries. There is virtually no information on breast diseases found in the Northern region, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA). This study hopes to provide data in this area.
- Fine needle aspiration of breast masses in HIV-infected patients: results from a large seriesPam Michelow
Cytology Unit, Department of Anatomical Pathology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of the Witwatersrand and National Health Laboratory Service, Johannesburg, South Africa
Cancer Cytopathol 118:218-24. 2010..There are limited studies investigating the cytopathology of HIV-related breast disease. The aim of the current study was to evaluate a large series of fine needle aspirations (FNA) performed on breast lesions in HIV-positive patients...
- Ultrasound diagnosis of fibroadenoma - is biopsy always necessary?G E C Smith
Bradford Royal Infirmary, Bradford, West Yorkshire, UK
Clin Radiol 63:511-5; discussion 516-7. 2008..To review the ultrasound characteristics of fibroadenoma and the necessity to biopsy all fibroadenomas in the under 25 years age group...
- Positive and negative predictive values of BI-RADS-MRI descriptors for focal breast massesMitsuhiro Tozaki
Department of Radiology, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Minato ku, Tokyo, Japan
Magn Reson Med Sci 5:7-15. 2006..The purposes of this study were to evaluate the positive and negative predictive values of the BI-RADS-MR descriptors of focal masses and to develop an interpretation model based on the kinetic and morphologic parameters...
- Breast pain in lactating women--mastitis or something else?Lisa Helen Amir
Centre for the Study of Mothers and Children s Health, La Trobe University
Aust Fam Physician 32:141-5. 2003..Mastitis is a common problem for lactating women. However, medical practitioners may not recognise that there are also other causes of breast pain during lactation...
- Chest CT of incidental breast lesionsJeong Geun Yi
Department of Radiology, Konkuk University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Thorac Imaging 23:148-55. 2008..The purpose of this pictorial essay is to show various common and uncommon breast conditions encountered while interpreting chest CT scans in our daily practice...
- Computed tomography of the breast. Abnormal findings with mammographic and sonographic correlationSun Mi Kim
Department of Radiology, Asan Medial Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Comput Assist Tomogr 27:761-70. 2003..Also, some breast lesions were better visualized by CT than by mammography...
- Risk factors for breast cancer from benign breast disease in a diverse populationMaria J Worsham
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Henry Ford Health System, 1 Ford Place, 1D, Detroit, MI, 48202, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 118:1-7. 2009..Information on breast cancer risk factors in larger, multi-ethnic populations should facilitate the development of appropriate and targeted risk reduction strategies...
- Association between mammographic density and age-related lobular involution of the breastKarthik Ghosh
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:2207-12. 2010..We examined the involution and density association in a large benign breast disease (BBD) cohort...
- Unilateral breast edema in two patients with malignant pleural effusionChee Keong Toh
Department of Medical Oncology, National Cancer Center, Singapore
Tumori 90:501-3. 2004..We postulate a possible pathophysiology for the association between breast edema and malignant pleural effusion. The principle of management when one encounters similar cases would be to treat the underlying pleural effusion...
- International investigation of breast MRI: results of a multicentre study (11 sites) concerning diagnostic parameters for contrast-enhanced MRI based on 519 histopathologically correlated lesionsS H Heywang-Kobrunner
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital Halle, Magdeburger Strasse 16, 06112 Halle, Germany
Eur Radiol 11:531-46. 2001..Choice of an optimum interpretation rule may vary with the clinical question. Prospective testing remains necessary. Differences of 1.0 and 1.5 T are not statistically significant but may be due to pulse sequences...
- Breast lesions incidentally detected with CT: what the general radiologist needs to knowMonica G Harish
Department of Radiology, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Ave, MC 2026, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Radiographics 27:S37-51. 2007..Accurate description and classification of breast lesions detected with CT enhance the value of the radiologist's report and contribute to appropriate case management...
- Cytology of abnormal nipple discharge: a cyto-histological correlationWen Ying Lee
Department of Pathology, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, Tainan, Taiwan
Cytopathology 14:19-26. 2003..The sensitivity and specificity of the nonpalpable and palpable breast lesions were similar. Nipple discharge cytology is very helpful in detecting an underlying breast lesion even if the case has no palpable mass in the breast...
- MRI-guided diffuse optical spectroscopy of malignant and benign breast lesionsVasilis Ntziachristos
Department of Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6059, USA
Neoplasia 4:347-54. 2002..It is foreseen that the technique can play a major role in functional activation studies of brain and muscle as well...
- Interpretation of digital mammograms: comparison of speed and accuracy of soft-copy versus printed-film displayEtta D Pisano
Dept of Radiology, Univ of North Carolina School of Med, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7510, USA
Radiology 223:483-8. 2002..To compare the speed and accuracy of the interpretations of digital mammograms by radiologists by using printed-film versus soft-copy display...
- Unilateral breast edema: spectrum of etiologies and imaging appearancesJin Young Kwak
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, 134 Shinchon dong, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Yonsei Med J 46:1-7. 2005..Here we describe several conditions, that cause unilateral breast edema with the aim of familiarizing radiologists with these disease entities...
- Consensus review: A method of assessment of calcifications that appropriately undergo a six-month follow-upCherie M Kuzmiak
Department of Radiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Acad Radiol 13:621-9. 2006..The purpose of this study is to determine if consensus characterization of calcifications by two breast imaging experts using standardized criteria can establish that follow-up is a safe option...
- History, physical and laboratory findings, and clinical outcomes of lactating women treated with antibiotics for chronic breast and/or nipple painAnne Eglash
University of Wisconsin Medical School, Meriter Hospital Outpatient Lactation Clinic, Mt Horeb, Wisconsin 53572, USA
J Hum Lact 22:429-33. 2006..Symptoms of deep breast aching, breast tenderness on palpation, and nipple lesions may be suggestive of a bacterial lactiferous duct infection. Treatment with antibiotics for 4 to 6 weeks may be appropriate...
- Radial scar, complex sclerosing lesion and risk of breast cancer. Analysis of 175 cases in Northern IrelandJ A Patterson
Specialist Breast Surgery Service, Ulster Hospital Dundonald, Upper Newtownards Road, Belfast BT16 1RH, UK
Eur J Surg Oncol 30:1065-8. 2004....
- Diagnostic value of signs and symptoms of mammary candidosis among lactating womenJimi Francis-Morrill
Department of Nutrition, University of California, Davis 95616 8669, USA
J Hum Lact 20:288-95; quiz 296-9. 2004..Positive predictive value for Candida colonization was highest when there were 3 or more signs or symptoms simultaneously or when flaky or shiny skin of the nipple/areola was reported together or in combination with breast pain...
- Rapidly growing bilateral pseudoangiomatous stromal hyperplasia of the breastEun Mi Ryu
Department of Radiology, Uijeongbu St Mary s Hospital, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Gyeonggi Do, Korea
Korean J Radiol 11:355-8. 2010..We report here on a surgically confirmed case of bilateral huge tumoral PASH in a 47-year-old woman, and we present the imaging and histopathology findings. We also review the relevant medical literature...
- Assessment of 142 stellate lesions with imaging features suggestive of radial scar discovered during population-based screening for breast cancerGelareh Farshid
BreastScreen SA, Division of Tissue Pathology, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Adelaide, South Australia
Am J Surg Pathol 28:1626-31. 2004..The policy of mammographic surveillance for lesions with nonmalignant core biopsies remains controversial because of the paucity of data. Ongoing evaluation is needed as more experience is reported...
- Quantitative determination of telomerase activity in breast cancer and benign breast diseasesM Simickova
Masaryk Memorial Cancer Institute, Brno, Czech Republic
Neoplasma 48:267-73. 2001..As the assay for telomerase activity has very high analytical sensitivity and high specificity for cancer cells, this routinely used method may prove useful for distinguishing malignant phenotype of breast tissues...
- Breast MRI using the VIBE sequence: clustered ring enhancement in the differential diagnosis of lesions showing non-masslike enhancementMitsuhiro Tozaki
Division of Diagnostic Imaging, Breast Center, Kameda Medical Center, 929 Higashi Cho, Kamogawa, Chiba, Japan 296 8602
AJR Am J Roentgenol 187:313-21. 2006....
- Intermediate to highly suspicious calcification in breast lesions: a radio-pathologic correlationGary M Tse
Department of Anatomical and Cellular Pathology, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Ngan Shing Street, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong SAR
Breast Cancer Res Treat 110:1-7. 2008..In a benign biopsy that fails to identify the calcifications visible in the mammography, further evaluation or cutting of the histologic block is recommended to minimize the potential of a false negative investigation...
- Comparison of age at first full-term pregnancy between women with breast cancer and women with benign breast diseasesAreti Lagiou
Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology, School of Medicine, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Int J Cancer 107:817-21. 2003Benign breast diseases have a broadly similar risk profile to that of breast cancer, possibly reflecting a similar underlying endocrine milieu...
- Advanced transmission Raman spectroscopy: a promising tool for breast disease diagnosisNicholas Stone
Biophotonics Research Unit, Gloucestershire Royal Hospital, Gloucester, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 68:4424-30. 2008..7 cm within a breast phantom made up of porcine tissues. The technique has shown significant potential for probing human breasts to provide complementary data in the early diagnosis of breast cancer...
- Prevalence of breast arterial calcifications in an ethnically diverse population of womenJhansi Reddy
Department of Medicine, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Ann Epidemiol 15:344-50. 2005..Accumulating evidence suggests that the mammogram may be an important tool to identify women at risk for CHD, however, the epidemiology of BAC has been poorly defined and previous studies limited to white populations...
- Correlation of targeted ultrasound with magnetic resonance imaging abnormalities of the breastLeAnn Beran
Department of Surgery, Grant Medical Center, 285 E State Street, Suite 300, Columbus, OH 43215, USA
Am J Surg 190:592-4. 2005..The intent of this study was to assess the ability of targeted ultrasound to identify additional lesions detected on MRI in patients undergoing evaluation for breast cancer...
- Effects of mammographic density and benign breast disease on breast cancer risk (United States)C Byrne
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Causes Control 12:103-10. 2001..However, women with both proliferative benign breast disease and > or = 75% density were not at as high a risk of breast cancer due to the combination of effects (p = 0.002) as women with only one of these factors...
- Incidence of breast abscess in lactating women: report from an Australian cohortLisa H Amir
Centre for the Study of Mothers and Children s Health, La Trobe University, 251 Faraday Street, Carlton 3053, Australia
BJOG 111:1378-81. 2004..To report the incidence of breast abscess in lactating women...
- Microdochectomy for single-duct pathologic nipple discharge and normal or benign imaging and cytologySophocles Lanitis
Breast Care Unit, Mary Stanford Wing, 5th Floor, St Mary s Hospital NHS Trust, Praed Street, London W2 1NY, UK
Breast 17:309-13. 2008..Pre-operative workup and imaging may not be suspicious in patients with single-duct PND and underlying malignancy, therefore, microdochectomy should be considered in such cases...
- Concepts for differential diagnosis in breast MR imagingChristiane K Kuhl
Department of Radiology, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, D 53105 Bonn, Germany
Magn Reson Imaging Clin N Am 14:305-28, v. 2006..This article provides an overview on the current status of the diagnosis criteria that are used for differential diagnosis in breast MR imaging and on the diagnostic accuracy that is achievable with breast MR imaging...
- Optical imaging as an adjunct to sonograph in differentiating benign from malignant breast lesionsQ Zhu
University of Connecticut, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Storrs 06269, USA
J Biomed Opt 5:229-36. 2000..Maximum deoxyHb and blood concentration changes were greater than 2.9 V on average except one lesion which showed smaller deoxyHb signal (maximum 0.85 V) but the deoxyHb mass and blood concentration mass were highly correlated...
- Evaluation of a breast cancer risk prediction model expanded to include category of prior benign breast disease lesionRulla M Tamimi
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer 116:4944-53. 2010Benign breast diseases (BBD) encompass several histologic subtypes with various risks of subsequent breast cancer...
- The role of nipple discharge cytology in the diagnosis of breast disease: a study of 1948 nipple discharge smears from 1530 patientsR K Gupta
The Cytology Unit, Department of Laboratory Services, Wellington Hospital and School of Medicine, Wellington, New Zealand
Cytopathology 15:326-30. 2004..Based on our study it is felt that cytological examination of ND smears seems to be a reasonably specific method in the diagnosis of malignant and suspicious cases but may be somewhat less specific for other diagnoses...
- [Re-evaluating the role of breast ultrasound in current diagnostics of malignant breast lesions]H Hille
Praxis für Gynäkologie und Geburtshilfe, Hamburg
Ultraschall Med 25:411-7. 2004..New evaluation of breast ultrasound based upon review of new literature comparing ultrasound and mammography...
- Breast arterial calcifications: association with diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular mortality. Work in progressJ M Kemmeren
Department of Epidemiology, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Radiology 201:75-8. 1996..To determine the relationship between breast arterial calcification, diabetes mellitus, and subsequent cardiovascular and noncardiovascular mortality...
- BENIGN BREAST DISEASE AND RISK OF BREAST CANCERRulla Tamimi; Fiscal Year: 2009..The creation of tissue microarrays using benign breast tissue will lay the foundation for this and future studies to efficiently examine the role of molecular markers in the development of breast cancer. ..
- Vitamin D and Mammographic DensityRulla Tamimi; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- P53 in BBD and Breast Cancer Risk: A Multicenter CohortThomas Rohan; Fiscal Year: 2006..Furthermore, establishment of our international, multi-disciplinary group will create a unique forum in which to undertake not only this study but also further investigations of the molecular pathogenesis of breast cancer. ..
- Contrast-Enhanced Ultrasound Detection of AngiogenesisFlemming Forsberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..If successful, this project will permit non-invasive ultrasound evaluations of anti-angiogenic tumor therapies in animals as well as humans. ..
- Molecular Ultrasound for Early Breast Cancer DetectionJUERGEN KARL WILLMANN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Ultrasound is one of the primary imaging approaches to diagnose breast diseases and fulfills many prerequisites as an ideal imaging and screening tool for breast cancer early detection: It ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGY AND NATURAL HISTORY OF BREAST CANCERNICHOLAS PETRAKIS; Fiscal Year: 1992..we have sought to further understanding of the epidemiology and natural history of benign and malignant breast diseases through studies of breast fluid obtained from nipple aspiration, currently the only feasible noninvasive ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGY AND NATURAL HISTORY OF BREAST CANCERNICHOLAS PETRAKIS; Fiscal Year: 1990..Data from these studies will lead to better understanding of the natural history of breast diseases with the goals of improving the diagnosis of premalignant breast disease and breast cancer risk counseling, ..
- Secreted Proteins as Breast Cancer Prevention MarkersMichael Gould; Fiscal Year: 2007..breast cancers, breast ductal fluids and sera from patients with various benign, preneoplastic, or neoplastic breast diseases. This project will provide surrogate biomarkers and specific assays for phase II clinical breast cancer ..
- BENIGN BREAST DISEASE--MOLECULAR DIFFERENTIATION OF RISKMaria Worsham; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- MOLECULAR MODELING OF DIAGNOSIS AND PROGNOSIS IN HNSCCMaria Worsham; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Near Infrared Diffused Light Imaging with UltrasoundQuing Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2002..Completion of this research plan will serve to validate a novel method for detection and diagnosis of breast lesions, resulting in new opportunities for early detection and appropriate treatment of breast carcinoma. ..
- Computer Aided Diagnosis of Lung CancerHeang Ping Chan; Fiscal Year: 2006..When fully developed and clinically implemented, a CAD system for lung nodules will increase the efficacy of lung cancer screening with helical CT, improve early detection, and improve the chance of survival of patients. ..
- Digital Mammography: Advanced Computer-Aided Breast Can*Heang Ping Chan; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- DIET, CELL PROLIFERATION AND BREAST CANCER IN SHANGHAIDavid Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2001..Also unlike prior epidemiologic studies of diet and breast cancer, in the proposed investigation the primary end points are various indices of cell proliferation. ..
- RANDOMIZED TRIAL OF BREAST SELF EXAMINATION IN SHANGHAIDavid Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2001..No further intervention activities are proposed. After 10 years of follow-up, over 2.6 million woman-years will have accrued, and this trial will have 80% power to detect a reduction in breast cancer mortality of 30%. ..
- Quantification of Regional coronary Blood FlowSabee Molloi; Fiscal Year: 2003..This quantification technique could be used to measure regional myocardial perfusion in patients undergoing standard coronary arteriography. ..
- X-ray imaging using edge-on-microchannel plate detectorsSabee Molloi; Fiscal Year: 2006..It can potentially provide a high-resolution detector with significant reduction in patient dose for digital mammography. ..
- Quantification of coronary calcium mass by dual energy fluoroscopySabee Molloi; Fiscal Year: 2009..Dual-energy imaging, because of its motion insensitivity, can serve as a foundation for quantitative cardiac analysis to proceed. ..
- Fractional flow reserve measurement based on coronary angiographic imagesSABEE Y MOLLOI; Fiscal Year: 2010..This quantification technique could be used to measure fractional flow reserve in patients undergoing standard coronary arteriography. ..
- Community-based Skin Cancer Prevention ResearchJoni Mayer; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Computerized EMR-Assisted Smoking Cessation (CEASCE)Jennifer Haas; Fiscal Year: 2007..Future Directions: Evaluate whether CEASCE can serve as a prototype for other common primary care problems that require counseling for behavior change. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Interactive CAD for MammographyBin Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Breast Cancer Prediction Using Nipple Aspirate FluidEdward Sauter; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Non-invasive Single-trial In-vivo Neuroimaging SystemPaul Sajda; Fiscal Year: 2007..3.Demonstrate that stEEG/tMRI activations maps yield new information for discriminating young and old adult populations, as compared to traditional efMRI and P3 and ERN ERP analysis. ..
- Nutrition and Thyroid Cancer Risk in the CTS CohortPAMELA HORN ROSS; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of this research will have important implications for improving our understanding of the etiology of this disease which disproportionately affects young women. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MOLECULAR EPIDEMIOLOGY OF LUNG CANCERChu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..g. Rosaceae fruits and Cruciferae vegetables), and food-derived nutrients (e.g. carotenoids, vitamin C, and vitamin E). ..
- Optimized Compression for Telepathology Virtual SlidesElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Soy and Estrogen Interactions in the BreastJ Cline; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed work will provide a unique view of an otherwise inaccessible period of breast development in a primate model with high genetic and physiologic similarity to human beings. ..
- Incidence & Outcomes of SSI After Breast Cancer SurgeryMargaret Olsen; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- MR Pharmacoangiography-Vascular Modulation of DeliveryDmitri Artemov; Fiscal Year: 2007..All clinical studies involving patients will be performed in collaboration with Dr. Stuart Grossman. ..
- Outcomes of Triaged Family Care in Advanced CancerLaurel Northouse; Fiscal Year: 2008..Overall, this study will examine intervention effects in dyads facing advanced cancer, in conjunction with program dose and patients' baseline risk for distress. ..
- Computerized Lesion Detection in Breast TomosynthesisRobert Nishikawa; Fiscal Year: 2007..This should improve the detection of breast cancer - improved sensitivity and specificity - resulting in a reduction in breast cancer mortality and morbidity. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Epidemiology of Endometrial CancerChu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2007..Efforts will also be devoted to generating risk indices through statistical modeling that integrate potential effects of genetic variants in the estrogen metabolism pathway and/or DNA repair pathways. ..
- Racial Segregation & Disparities in Cancer OutcomesJennifer Haas; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed study would provide empirical evidence that could give impetus to area-based interventions to reduce cancer disparities. ..
- Using CAD As A Surrogate Reader In Observer StudiesRobert Nishikawa; Fiscal Year: 2006..This should reduce the cost and the time it takes new technologies or techniques to gain clinical acceptance. ..
- Neural Network Prediction of Prostate Cancer ProgressionYulei Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Proteomics of Progression in MCF10 Xenograft ModelFred Miller; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Conference--Medical Image PerceptionElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2003..This grant will be used to provide financial support for about 12 graduate students and residents, as well as logistic support for publicity and program printing. ..
- MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING OF BREAST CANCERBruce Daniel; Fiscal Year: 2005..By simplifying the exam and minimizing the risk of false-positive lesions, this technology could potentially benefit a great number of women than current protocols that are targeted only at women at very high risk. ..
- Doppler Vascularity/Sonography--Breast Cancer DiagnosisChandra Sehgal; Fiscal Year: 2005..An integrated approach in which one mode represents tissue property and the other its function will result in a systematic and comprehensive diagnosis of breast cancers. ..
- The Effect of Black Cohosh Extract on the Human BreastEdward Sauter; Fiscal Year: 2004..The findings should allow us to design a high quality R01 submission involving a larger, randomized study of longer duration which should provide some answers on the potential role of BCE in breast cancer. ..
- Hybrid optical-ultrasound scanner for cancer imagingVasilis Ntziachristos; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Plant Foods and Endometrial Cancer EpidemiologyPAMELA HORN ROSS; Fiscal Year: 2005..A priori definitions and factor analysis will be used to identify dietary patterns. The results of the proposed analyses will provide further understanding of the etiology of endometrial cancer. ..
- Medical Image Perception Society Confrence XIElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Techniques for MRI-Guided Cryosurgery of Prostate CancerBruce Daniel; Fiscal Year: 2006..Completing these aims will pave the way for future clinical trials that definitively measure the efficacy of MRI-guided selective cryoablation compared to other treatments for localized prostate cancer. ..
- DETECTION AND LOCALIZATION IN MAMMOGRAPHYBin Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2002..It will also investigate augmented CAD cues that code information about correlations between the two ipsilateral projections. ..
- Is Stroke a Late Effect of Chemotherapy?Ann Geiger; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HUMAN MAMMARY CELLSMartha Stampfer; Fiscal Year: 2002..e. antisense telomerase RNA) activity. Additionally, the principal investigator will continue to collaborate with other investigators who wish to work with her cell lines. ..
- UNDERSTANDING VARIABILITY IN COMMUNITY MAMMOGRAPHYJoann Elmore; Fiscal Year: 2002..Gaining a better understanding of how individual radiologists and their practice environment account for variation will help identify ways to improve mammography. ..
- MATERNAL HEALTH STATUS AND ADVERSE BIRTH OUTCOMESJennifer Haas; Fiscal Year: 2002..Such interventions should begin from the premise that improved maternal and infant outcomes can only come from improved maternal health. ..
- ORAL CANCER: MOLECULAR PROFILES & CLINICAL OUTCOMESChu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..HPV plays an important etiologic role in some oropharyngeal cancers, we plan to determine and incorporate HPV genotypes in the analyses and interpretation of the study findings. ..
- 25TH IABCR CONGRESS CONFERENCE: PERSONALIZED BREAST CANCER THERAPYRobert Cardiff; Fiscal Year: 2006..The session will also include a plenary lecture from Dr. A Ullrich who pioneered the concept of targeting the HER2 oncogene in the treatment of breast cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Patient Oriented Outcomes of Prophylactic MastectomyAnn Geiger; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study will provide critical information for women and their health care providers considering prophylactic mastectomy, a decision currently based on a dearth of information on long-term patient-oriented outcomes. ..
- Improving the softcopy reading of mammograms using CADRobert Nishikawa; Fiscal Year: 2004..Improving the softcopy display is one step to realizing this potential. ..
- Phantoms for use in US and MR Elasticity ImagingERNEST MADSEN; Fiscal Year: 2005..Refined heterogeneous performance phantoms and anthropomorphic phantoms will be developed iteratively with assessments and advice from collaborators who are active researchers in ultrasound and MR elastography. ..
- ER Reporter Genes To Predict Response To Endocrine TherapyWILLIAM SYMMANS; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MR Pharmacoangiography-Vascular Modulation of DeliveryDmitri Artemov; Fiscal Year: 2005..The experimental designs in this application will also, for the first time, evaluate the role of antivascular effects of a chemotherapeutic agent in tumor resistance using noninvasive and spatially informative techniques. ..
- High-Performance Computer Cluster for Image AnalysisRobert Nishikawa; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- A Novel Method for Determining Image SimilarityRobert Nishikawa; Fiscal Year: 2006..A reduction in the number of "unnecessary" biopsies will reduce cost, and physical and mental trauma to patients. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- COMPUTER-AIDED DIAGNOSIS IN DIGITAL MAMMOGRAPHYRobert Nishikawa; Fiscal Year: 2001..Using this information, the applicants proposed to develop an interface between the detection and classification schemes; and (5) To perform a preliminary clinical evaluation of the classification scheme. ..
- DIETARY INTERVENTION--WOMEN HIGH RISK FOR BREAST CANCERZora Djuric; Fiscal Year: 2002..The use of biomarkers will allow to evaluate the cancer-protective effects of dietary modulation over a relatively short period of time. ..