Genomes and Genes
Summary: A benign tumor of fibrous or fully developed connective tissue.
Publications337 found, 100 shown here
- Surgical management of symptomatic cardiac fibromas in childrenBen Davies
Cardiac Surgical Unit, Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 133:254-5. 2007
- Solitary fibrous tumor of the oral soft tissues: a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study of 16 casesF Alawi
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, New York Hospital Medical Center of Queens, Flushing, New York, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 25:900-10. 2001..We also include a comparison and brief review of the clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical features of other spindle cell tumors of the oral cavity, from which SFTs must be differentiated...
- MRI of chondromyxoid fibromaHyun Soo Kim
Department of Radiology, Seoul St Mary s Hospital, School of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Korea
Acta Radiol 52:875-80. 2011Chondromyxoid fibroma is a rare benign primary bone tumor of cartilage. Despite a characteristic radiographic appearance, chondromyxoid fibroma with atypical radiographic findings may mimic more common tumors.
- Fibroma of tendon sheath located within Kager's triangleEva Jacobs
PhD Student, Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Foot Ankle Surg 53:208-11. 2014The formation of a fibroma of the tendon sheath, a rare, slow-growing, benign tumor, usually occurs in the upper extremities of young adult males...
- Papillary fibroelastoma of the mitral valve: appearance in 64-slice spiral computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, and echocardiographyMarkus Kondruweit
Center of Cardiac Surgery, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nuremberg, Krankenhausstrasse 12, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Eur Heart J 29:831. 2008
- An intraarticular fibroma of the tendon sheath in the knee jointRaghuraj Kundangar
Department of Orthopaedics, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal 576104, India
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 19:1830-3. 2011..Only five such cases in the knee joint have been reported so far. This is a case report of an intra-articular fibroma of the tendon sheath of the knee joint arising adjacent to posterior cruciate ligament (PCL)...
- GRM1 is upregulated through gene fusion and promoter swapping in chondromyxoid fibromaKarolin H Nord
Department of Clinical Genetics, University and Regional Laboratories, Skane University Hospital, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Nat Genet 46:474-7. 2014..evidence of aberrant glutamate signaling in the development of a locally aggressive bone tumor, chondromyxoid fibroma (CMF)...
- Fibroma of tendon sheath in the knee: a report of three cases and literature reviewVincent M Moretti
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, United States
Knee 17:306-9. 2010b>Fibroma of tendon sheath (FTS) is a rare and benign soft-tissue tumor. It is predominantly found in the fingers, hands, and wrists of young, adult males. We describe a series of three cases all presenting in the atypical knee location...
- Imaging in gynecological disease (5): clinical and ultrasound characteristics in fibroma and fibrothecoma of the ovaryD Paladini
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Hospital, University Federico II of Naples, Naples, Italy
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 34:188-95. 2009To describe the clinical and ultrasound features of fibroma and fibrothecoma of the ovary.
- Primary cardiac tumours: eighteen years of surgical experience on 21 patientsNicolo Piazza
McGill University, 3755 Cote Ste Catherine Road, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1E2, Canada
Can J Cardiol 20:1443-8. 2004..The literature on primary cardiac tumours is relatively limited because of their rare occurrence...
- Desmoplastic fibroblastoma (collagenous fibroma): a case identified in the buccal mucosaSílvia Ferreira de Sousa
Department of Oral Surgery and Pathology, School of Dentistry, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Head Neck Pathol 5:175-9. 2011..Histopathology and immunohistochemistry staining studies were performed, and a diagnosis of the desmoplastic fibroblastoma was made. The patient has been disease-free for one year...
- Superficial acral fibromyxoma: a clinicopathological study of new 41 cases from the U.K.: should myxoma (NOS) and fibroma (NOS) continue as part of 21st-century reporting?R J Prescott
Department of Pathology, Blackburn Royal Infirmary, Blackburn, UK
Br J Dermatol 159:1315-21. 2008..Superficial acral fibromyxoma (SAF) remains poorly recognized by general pathologists and dermatopathologists, partly attributable to its relatively uncommon occurrence and recent documentation...
- Perifollicular fibroma in Birt-Hogg-Dubé syndrome: an association revisitedMarianna Shvartsbeyn
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Cutan Pathol 39:675-9. 2012..indistinguishable from fibrofolliculoma/ trichodiscoma may show histopathologic findings of perifollicular fibroma or angiofibroma...
- Retrospective analysis of peripheral odontogenic fibroma (WHO-type) in BraziliansB G Garcia
Department of Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology, School of Dentistry, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Minerva Stomatol 56:115-9. 2007The purpose of this study is to present data on a series of peripheral odontogenic fibroma, WHO (World Health Organization)-type (POF), in Brazilians and to compare the results with previously reported studies.
- Superficial acral fibromyxomaO Quaba
Department of Plastic Surgery, Ninewells University Hospital, Dundee DD1 9SY, UK
Br J Plast Surg 58:561-4. 2005..We use this case to highlight the features of this rare clinical entity, which has never previously been described in the surgical literature...
- Ovarian fibroma in the era of laparoscopic surgery: a general surgeon's experienceE Tarcoveanu
First Surgical Clinic, St Spiridon University Hospital, University of Medicine Gr T Popa Iasi, Romania
Acta Chir Belg 107:664-9. 2007The ovarian fibroma is a rare benign tumor originating from the connective tissue of the ovarian cortex. On occasion, the general surgeon may encounter ovarian fibroma while operating an acute abdomen...
- Acquired reactive digital fibroma: a clinicopathologic report of 5 cases of a new entityJose A Plaza
Department of Pathology, Division of Dermatopathology at the Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin Electronic address
J Am Acad Dermatol 69:603-8. 2013..Fibroblastic proliferations in the dermis comprise a heterogeneous group of disorders that can pose diagnostic challenges...
- Clinical usefulness of thallium-201 scintigraphy and magnetic resonance imaging in the diagnosis of chondromyxoid fibromaHiroaki Murata
Department of Orthopaedics, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kawaramachi Hirokoji, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 22:221-4. 2008Chondromyxoid fibroma (CMF) is a benign bone tumor. However, it is sometimes difficult to distinguish this tumor from chondrosarcoma. We report a rare case arising from the proximal fibula, presenting multimodality imaging features...
- MR imaging of calcifying aponeurotic fibroma of the thighHyo Sung Kwak
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Chonbuk National University Medical School, Chonbuk, South Korea
Pediatr Radiol 34:438-40. 2004Calcifying aponeurotic fibroma is a rare, benign soft-tissue proliferation that occurs in the distal extremities in children...
- Low-grade (fibromatosis-like) spindle cell carcinoma of the breastN Sneige
Department of Pathology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 25:1009-16. 2001..Because FLSpCCs may be underdiagnosed as benign, the use of immunohistochemical studies, especially for cytokeratins and SMA, is essential in the evaluation of any spindle cell proliferations of the breast...
- Central odontogenic fibroma-like tumors, hypodontia, and enamel dysplasia: review of the literature and report of a caseErich J Raubenheimer
Department of Oral Pathology, Medical University of Southern Africa, Box D24, Medunsa 0204, Republic of South Africa
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 94:74-7. 2002A patient with multiple odontogenic fibroma-like tumors in the mandible and enamel dysplasia is presented, bringing the total number of cases reported in the literature to 3. In addition to these manifestations, this case had hypodontia...
- Pure sclerotic neurofibroma: a neurofibroma mimicking sclerotic fibromaM Carmen González-Vela
Department of Anatomical Pathology, Marques de Valdecilla University Hospital, University of Cantabria, Santander, Spain
J Cutan Pathol 33:47-50. 2006..Neurofibroma (NF) is a benign tumor of the nerve sheath. Several variants of NF have been described...
- Dendritic fibromyxolipoma adherent to the median nerve in the forearmLars B Dahlin
Department of Hand Surgery, Skane University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
J Plast Surg Hand Surg 46:120-3. 2012..The tumour was successfully excised with no complications...
- Literature survey on epidemiology and pathology of cardiac fibromaSuguru Torimitsu
Department of Surgical Pathology, Toho University School of Medicine, 6 11 1 Omori Nishi, Ota ku, Tokyo 143 8541, Japan
Eur J Med Res 17:5. 2012Although cardiac fibroma has been regarded as benign tumor, it presents various symptoms and may lead to death...
- Imaging study findings in elastofibroma dorsiJacques Malghem
Radiology and Medical Imaging Unit, Saint Luc University Hospitals, Catholic University of Louvain, Avenue Hippocrate, 10 B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Joint Bone Spine 71:536-41. 2004..When the lesion exhibits typical imaging features and produces no symptoms, as is usually the case, further investigations are probably unnecessary...
- A retrospective analysis of peripheral odontogenic fibroma in an Iranian populationMojgan Alaeddini
Dental Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 68:2099-103. 2010The aim of this study was to assess the relative frequency of peripheral odontogenic fibroma (POdF) in an Iranian population and to compare the obtained data with previous reports.
- Intramuscular dendritic fibromyxolipoma: myxoid variant of spindle cell lipoma?Rooshdiya Z Karim
Department of Anatomical Pathology, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Pathol Int 53:252-8. 2003..In view of the similarities in many clinical and pathological features between SCL and DFML, we speculate that DFML probably represents an unusual variant of myxoid SCL...
- Focused extracorporeal shockwave therapy in Dupuytren's disease--a hypothesisKarsten Knobloch
Plastic, Hand and Reconstructive Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Germany
Med Hypotheses 76:635-7. 2011....
- Subungual pleomorphic fibromaYa Ju Hsieh
Department of Dermatology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Cutan Pathol 30:569-71. 2003Pleomorphic fibroma is a benign fibroblastic tumor characterized by pleomorphic, hyperchromatic cells or giant multinucleated cells embedded in a collagenous stroma...
- [Chondromyxoid fibroma of bone: a rare benign bone tumor in children]L Rouas
Service d anatomie cytologie pathologique, Hôpital d Enfants, Rabat, Maroc
Rev Med Brux 25:521-4. 2004Chondromyxoid fibroma is a rare benign tumor that is typically found in the metaphyseal ends of long tubular bones, such as the tibia...
- Maxillary ameloblastic fibroma: a case reportDaniela Otero Pereira da Costa
Department of Pathology, Fluminense Federal University, Niteroi, RJ, Brazil
Braz Dent J 22:171-4. 2011Ameloblastic fibroma is a relatively rare benign odontogenic tumor in which both the epithelial and ectomesenchymal components are neoplastic...
- Synchronous adult-type granulosa cell tumor of the ovary with ovarian fibroma: a case reportA Semczuk
IInd Department of Gynecology, Lublin University School of Medicine, Lublin, Poland
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 32:691-4. 2011..a case of a 73-year-old woman showing coexistence of adult-type granulosa cell tumor in one ovary with ovarian fibroma in the other...
- [Radiation therapy for Morbus Ledderhose -- indication and clinical results]Michael Heinrich Seegenschmiedt
Klinik für Radioonkologie, Strahlentherapie und Nuklearmedizin, Alfried Krupp Krankenhaus, Essen, Deutschland
Strahlenther Onkol 179:847-53. 2003..We examined whether radiotherapy (RT) can effect symptoms and prevent disease progression...
- Non specific magnetic resonance features of chondromyxoid fibroma of the iliac boneE Yalniz
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Trakya University School of Medicine, Edirne, Turkey
J BUON 12:407-9. 2007Chondromyxoid fibroma is a benign cartilaginous neoplasm. The tumor is rare, perhaps the rarest of all bone tumors. It is more common in long bones and rare in pelvic bones...
- Different deformation patterns in intracardiac tumorsJavier Ganame
Pediatric Cardiology, University Hospitals Leuven, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Echocardiogr 6:461-4. 2005..The second child presented with a large cardiac fibroma as confirmed by pathological examination...
- PCNA and Ki-67 immunoreactivity in multinucleated cells of giant cell fibroma and peripheral giant cell granulomaA J Mighell
Division of Dental Surgery, Leeds Dental Institute, United Kingdom
J Oral Pathol Med 25:193-9. 1996..to the cell cycle, was undertaken in archival, formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded specimens of giant cell fibroma (GCF) and peripheral giant cell granuloma (PGCG++)...
- Bilateral presentation of fibroadenoma with digital fibroma-like inclusions in the male breastSandra J Shin
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Starr 1009, New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 525 E 68th St, New York, NY 10021, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 131:1126-9. 2007..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first reported case of bilaterally occurring fibroadenomas in the male breast, one of which also contained digital fibroma-like inclusions, a second unreported phenomenon.
- Surgical resection of ventricular cardiac fibromas: early and late resultsJohn M Cho
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Mayo Medical Center, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 76:1929-34. 2003..Cardiac fibromas are rare tumors. Indications for and preferred type of operation are controversial, and little is known about early and late results of operation...
- Chondromyxoid fibroma of frontal bone: a case report and review of the literatureTayfun Hakan
Haydarpaşa Numune Teaching and Research Hospital Neurosurgery Department, Istanbul, Turkey
Turk Neurosurg 18:249-53. 2008Chondromyxoid fibroma is an unusual benign tumor of cartilaginous tissues that may be confused with other some malign tumors. It is rarely seen in the skull. A 45-year-old female was admitted with painless bony swelling in the forehead...
- Management of suprastomal tracheal fibroma: introduction of a new technique and comparison with other techniquesCourtney B Shires
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Tennessee, Memphis, TN, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 73:67-72. 2009Suprastomal tracheal granuloma/fibroma (SSTGF) is a common cause of failure to decannulate following pediatric tracheostomy. Because larger lesions obstruct the trachea, it is necessary to remove them prior to decannulation...
- Survival after resection of primary cardiac tumors: a 48-year experienceAndrew W ElBardissi
MPH, Department of Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Circulation 118:S7-15. 2008..To date, however, there have been no studies examining survival characteristics of patients who undergo surgical resection...
- Giant fibroma of the right ventricleVita Zidere
The Latvian State Cardiology Centre for Children, Children s Hospital Gailezers, Riga, Latvia
Cardiol Young 12:584-6. 2002..We have successfully treated a 1-year old girl with a giant fibroma of the right ventricle using the principles of the Batista procedure...
- Usual and unusual MRI findings of ovarian fibroma: correlation with pathologic findingsKazuhiro Kitajima
Department of Radiology, Dokkyo Medical University School of Medicine, Shimotuka gun, Tochigi, Japan
Magn Reson Med Sci 7:43-8. 2008..We illustrate typical and atypical magnetic resonance (MR) imaging findings of ovarian fibromas and correlate them with histopathologic findings...
- Symptomatic plantar fibroma with a unique sonographic appearanceDaniel W Haun
Department of Radiology, Logan College of Chiropractic, 1851 Schoettler Road, Chesterfield, MO 63006 1065, USA
J Clin Ultrasound 40:112-4. 2012We present a case of a solitary plantar fibroma with unique sonographic features with MRI and pathologic correlation. A 25-year-old woman presented with a left foot mass that interfered with her gait...
- Plantar fibromatosisThomas Zgonis
Connecticut Reconstructive Foot Surgeons, 21 Woodland Street, Suite 221, Hartford, CT 06105, USA
Clin Podiatr Med Surg 22:11-8. 2005..This article reviews the history, clinical presentation, pathologic findings, and surgical approaches to the treatment of plantar fibromatosis...
- Central odontogenic fibroma of mandible: a case report and review of the literatureJohn Spencer M Daniels
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, King Fahd Central Hospital, Gizan, Saudi Arabia
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 98:295-300. 2004Central odontogenic fibroma is an extremely rare benign tumor, accounting for less than 0.1% of all odontogenic tumors...
- Cardiac tumors and associated arrhythmias in pediatric patients, with observations on surgical therapy for ventricular tachycardiaChristina Y Miyake
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 58:1903-9. 2011..The aim of this study was to describe a large experience with primary cardiac tumors in pediatric patients, characterize associated arrhythmias, and expand knowledge of natural history and treatment options...
- Solitary sclerotic fibroma of skin: a possible link with pleomorphic fibroma with immunophenotypic expression for O13 (CD99) and CD34Muhammad N Mahmood
Department of Pathology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
J Cutan Pathol 30:631-6. 2003Solitary sclerotic fibroma (SF) presents as a well circumscribed dermal nodule, composed of sparse spindle cells with alternating wavy collagen fibers arranged in a storiform pattern...
- Left ventricular cardiac fibroma in a child presenting with ventricular tachycardiaStacy Stratemann
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 1211 22nd Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37232 0002, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 29:223-6. 2008..a 7-year-old boy, with a first episode of symptomatic tachycardia, who was found to have a left ventricular (LV) fibroma. He had a normal echocardiogram prior to an electrophysiology study, which revealed a sustained monomorphic ..
- Left ventricular fibroma mimicking an acute coronary syndromeHrvoje Gasparovic
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University Hospital Rebro Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
Ann Thorac Surg 82:1891-2. 2006..Radical surgical resection was undertaken and was considered curative, as the mass histology was consistent with a benign fibroma.
- Cardiac fibroma in an infant: complete resection after a Blalock-Taussig shunt as initial palliationCheul Lee
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Sejong Cardiovascular Center, Sejong General Hospital, Bucheon, Korea
Ann Thorac Surg 90:1011-4. 2010..This palliation allowed discharge from the hospital and provided good relief for the cyanosis until the tumor became resectable. The pathologic examination revealed a cardiac fibroma.
- Incidence and treatment of recurrent plantar fibromatosis by surgery and postoperative radiotherapyEelco de Bree
Department of Surgical Oncology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Huis, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, Netherlands
Am J Surg 187:33-8. 2004..The incidence of plantar fibromatosis (PF) is unknown. Sometimes PF tends to recur repetitively after surgical treatment. In our institute we have used postoperative radiotherapy in an attempt to diminish the change on recurrence...
- Pleomorphic sclerotic fibroma: a case report and literature reviewT Minsue Chen
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 24:54-8. 2002Pleomorphic sclerotic fibroma is a benign neoplasm exhibiting features of sclerotic fibroma and pleomorphic fibroma. We report another such case. The tumor presented as a firm, 0...
- Twisted ovarian fibroma with high signal intensity on T1-weighted MR image: a new sign of torsion of ovarian tumors?F Minutoli
Institute of Radiologic Sciences, University of Messina, Policlinico G Martino, Italy
Eur Radiol 11:1151-4. 2001..We report a case of twisted ovarian fibroma whose main characteristic was the presence of large areas of high signal intensity on both T1- and T2-weighted MR ..
- Immunohistochemical expression of mast cell tryptase in giant cell fibroma and inflammatory fibrous hyperplasia of the oral mucosaPedro Paulo de Andrade Santos
Oral Pathology, Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte, Natal, Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil
Arch Oral Biol 56:231-7. 2011..In addition, the results suggest the involvement of mast cells in the induction of fibrosis and modulation of endothelial cell function in GCFs...
- Surgical issues in giant right ventricular fibromaBrojendra N Agarwala
Section of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Chicago Children s Hospital, Illinois 60637, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 78:328-30. 2004Cardiac fibroma is a rare and benign tumor usually seen in infants and children. We report a 3-year-old asymptomatic child who presented with a giant right ventricular (RV) fibroma...
- Pedunculated endocardial left ventricular fibroma presenting with cerebral and bilateral peripheral embolizationAhmad K Darwazah
Heliopolis Cardiac Centre, National Cancer Institute, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Ann Thorac Surg 89:965-7. 2010Left ventricular fibroma is a rare benign tumour of the heart. We present the case of a 24-year-old man with left hemiplegia and bilateral popliteal artery occlusion associated with left ventricular mass...
- Recurrence of plantar fibromatosis after plantar fasciectomy: single-center long-term resultsWillem M van der Veer
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Plast Reconstr Surg 122:486-91. 2008..The goal of this study was to determine the recurrence rate of plantar fibromatosis after plantar fasciectomy at the authors' institute during the past three decades and the factors associated with an increased risk for recurrence...
- Ovarian fibroma in a 7-month-old infant: a case report and review of the literatureYi Ju Chen
Department of Pathology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, 123 Ta Pei Road, Niao Sung Hsiang, Kaohsiung, County 833, Taiwan
Pediatr Surg Int 20:894-7. 2004Ovarian fibroma rarely occurs in prepubertal girls. We report an ovarian fibroma in a 7-month-old female infant presenting as a right abdominal mass...
- Giant cell fibroma: a case reportMariana Minatel Braga
FUNDECTO University of São Paulo, Dental Research Center São Leopoldo Mandic
J Clin Pediatr Dent 30:261-4. 2006This article describes a case of giant cell fibroma in a 3-year-old boy, which is an uncommon age for this lesion. The cause of this pathology has not been determined...
- [Chondromyxoid fibroma]L A Semenova
Arkh Patol 69:37-40. 2007Chondromyxoid fibroma is a benign chondroid tissue tumor characterized by the lobular overgrowth of stellate or elongated cells in the myxoid or chondroid intracellular matrix. There may be giant multinucleate cells...
- Papillary fibroelastoma of the heart: report of two cases and review of the literatureF Darvishian
Department of Pathology, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Ann Clin Lab Sci 31:291-6. 2001..We report 2 cases of symptomatic papillary fibroelastoma, both of which presented with a stroke. Both patients underwent uneventful open-heart surgery. The literature is reviewed, with a compilation of 79 cases...
- Giant right ventricular fibroma co-existing atrial septal defect in a 15 year old girlAdel Dimassi
Department of Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Center of Monaco, Monte Carlo, Monaco
Cardiol Young 19:630-2. 2009..Surgical excision is the treatment of choice if the tumour causes either arrhythmia or cavitary obstruction. In this report, we describe a giant ventricular fibroma co-existing with an atrial septal defect in a girl aged 15 years.
- [Plantar fibromatosis with marked cutaneous involvement]H L de Almeida
Hautarzt 52:236-9. 2001..Intralesional therapy with corticosteroids did not reduce the lesions. After surgical treatment, the lesions recurred...
- Central odontogenic fibroma: a case reportUgo Covani
School of Dental Medicine and Nanoworld Institute, University of Genova, Italy
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 10:E154-7. 2005The aim of this case report was to analyze clinical and histological features of a central odontogenic fibroma followed up for 6 years after surgical excision.
- Intra-articular fibroma of tendon sheath involving the scapholunate and radiocarpal jointsGeorge S Athwal
Hospital for Special Surgery, 535 East 70th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Skeletal Radiol 35:599-602. 2006b>Fibroma of tendon sheath is an uncommon benign soft tissue tumor with a predilection for the hand. A unique case involving the scapholunate and radiocarpal joints with bone erosion is reported...
- Intraarticular fibroma of the posterior compartment in the knee. A case reportJin Hwan Ahn
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Knee 15:155-8. 2008..The microscopic diagnosis was a fibroma, which is a rare entity in this location...
- Mineralized fibroma of the tendon sheath presenting as a bursitisThomas Le Corroller
Service de Radiologie, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, 270 Boulevard de Sainte Marguerite, 13009, Marseille, France
Skeletal Radiol 37:1141-5. 2008..imaging-including ultrasound, computed tomography, and magnetic resonance imaging-and histological features of a fibroma of the tendon sheath with mineralized chondroid and osseous metaplasia, presenting as a semimembranosus bursitis...
- Desmoplastic fibroma of bone: radiographic analysisJ R Crim
Department of Radiological Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles, School of Medicine 90024
Radiology 172:827-32. 1989Desmoplastic fibroma (DF) of bone is a rare, nonmetastasizing but locally aggressive tumor that has been discussed infrequently in the radiology literature...
- Ovarian fibroma: a review on the clinical characteristics, diagnostic difficulties, and management options of 23 casesSee Wai Leung
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, SAR, China
Gynecol Obstet Invest 62:1-6. 2006..We review clinical characteristics, diagnostic difficulties, and our experience in the surgical management of ovarian fibromas...
- Imaging of musculoskeletal fibromatosisM R Robbin
Department of Radiology, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, 10900 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Radiographics 21:585-600. 2001..typically small, slow-growing lesions and include palmar fibromatosis, plantar fibromatosis, juvenile aponeurotic fibroma, and infantile digital fibroma...
- Response of extraabdominal desmoid tumors to therapy with imatinib mesylateJoseph Mace
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Cancer 95:2373-9. 2002..Imatinib mesylate appears to demonstrate inhibitory activity against multiple class 3 receptor tyrosine kinases, including platelet-derived growth factor receptor (PDGFR)-alpha and PDGFR-beta, as well as c-kit...
- Incidence, clinical analysis, and management of ovarian fibromas and fibrothecomasAbdellatif Chechia
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Charles Nicolle Hospital, Tunis, Tunisia
Am J Obstet Gynecol 199:473.e1-4. 2008..The objective of the study was to identify the incidence, diagnosis, and therapeutic and histological particularities of ovarian fibromas and fibrothecomas...
- MR imaging of fibroma of the tendon sheathMichael G Fox
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224 3899, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 180:1449-53. 2003The purpose of our study was to describe the MR imaging characteristics of fibroma of the tendon sheath.
- Vascular complications associated with a large cardiac fibromaF Patane
Cardiac Surgery Department, San Giovanni Battista Hospital, Turin, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 20:636-8. 2001..The post-surgical course was regular and the tumour was identified histologically as a fibroma.
- Chondromyxoid fibroma: a rare tumor with an unusual locationElias Fotiadis
General Hospital of Veria, Veria, Greece
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 128:371-5. 2008Chondromyxoid fibroma constitutes a rare benign tumor of the bones, which has a potential of regional enlargement towards the local tissues...
- Mohs micrographic surgery for a problematic infantile digital fibromaLisa B Campbell
Department of Dermatology, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, Pennsylvania 17822, USA
Dermatol Surg 33:385-7. 2007
- Central odontogenic fibroma with osteoid formation showing atypical radiographic appearanceM Araki
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, Nihon University School of Dentistry, Japan
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 38:426-30. 2009..both a diffuse sclerotic border and calcified bodies, which was eventually diagnosed as a central odontogenic fibroma. The patient was a 40-year-old man with a painless radiolucent area in the crown area of the unerupted left lower ..
- Papillary fibroelastoma of the right atrium as an unusual source of recurrent pulmonary embolismDavide Gabbieri
Divisions of Cardiovascular Surgery, Hesperia Hospital, Modena, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 7:373-8. 2006..The case is unusual with respect to the site of origin of the papillary fibroelastoma as well as its clinical presentation, which is clearly related to pulmonary embolization...
- Intra-articular fibroma of tendon sheath of the shoulder joint: synovial fibromaG Hermann
Department of Radiology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Skeletal Radiol 35:603-7. 2006..Histologically, the loose bodies were composed of a benign fibroblastic lesion with diagnostic features of fibroma of tendon sheath, each surfaced by synoviocytes...
- Calcifying aponeurotic fibroma with osseous involvement of the finger: a case report with radiologic and US findingsSoo Jung Choi
Department of Radiology, Asan Foundation, Gangneung Asan Hospital, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Sachun Myun, Gangneung, Korea
Korean J Radiol 9:91-3. 2008Calcifying aponeurotic fibroma is a rare soft tissue tumor that occurs in the distal extremities of children and adolescents...
- Cardiac fibroma in an infant: single ventricle palliation as a bridge to heart transplantationBenjamin R Waller
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 75:1306-8. 2003..This palliation served as a successful bridge to heart transplantation at 7 months of age. Pathologic examination revealed cardiac fibroma.
- Locally aggressive central odontogenic fibroma associated to an inflammatory cyst: a clinical, histological and immunohistochemical studyIñaki Cercadillo-Ibarguren
Oral Surgery and Implantology Department, Barcelona University Dental School, Barcelona, Spain
J Oral Pathol Med 35:513-6. 2006..A cyst with an important inflammatory infiltrate was, moreover, observed...
- Correlation between clinicopathological features and karyotype in 100 cartilaginous and chordoid tumours. A report from the Chromosomes and Morphology (CHAMP) Collaborative Study GroupGiovanni Tallini
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, USA
J Pathol 196:194-203. 2002..and parosteal or soft tissue chondroma, alterations of chromosome arm 6q with chondromyxoid fibroma, +7 with bone chondrosarcoma, and 17p1 alterations with grade 3 chondrosarcoma...
- Malignant solitary fibrous tumor of the tongueYelizaveta Shnayder
Department of Otolaryngology, New York University School of Medicine, NY 10016, USA
Am J Otolaryngol 24:246-9. 2003..Presentation, differential diagnosis, criteria for malignancy, treatment, and possible prognostic implications of this rare entity are discussed...
- Cellular fibromas of the ovary: a study of 75 cases including 40 mitotically active tumors emphasizing their distinction from fibrosarcomaJulie A Irving
Department of Pathology, Vancouver General Hospital and the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Am J Surg Pathol 30:929-38. 2006Cellular fibroblastic tumors of the ovary are currently classified as either cellular fibroma (CF) or fibrosarcoma...
- Odontogenic fibroma: a clinicopathological study of 15 casesHung Pin Lin
Graduate Institute of Clinical Dentistry, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 110:27-35. 2011Odontogenic fibroma (ODF) is a rare odontogenic tumor. It can be further divided into peripheral odontogenic fibroma (PODF) and central odontogenic fibroma (CODF)...
- Juxtacortical chondromyxoid fibroma of bone: a unique variant: a case study of 20 patientsAllyson C Baker
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 31:1662-8. 2007Chondromyxoid fibroma (CMF) is a rare neoplasm of the appendicular skeleton of young adults...
- Fibroma of tendon sheath originating from the knee joint capsuleToshiaki Hitora
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kobe University School of Medicine, 7 5 1 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe, Japan
Clin Imaging 26:280-3. 2002We present a rare case of fibroma of the tendon sheath originating from the posterior joint capsule of the knee in a 50-year-old man. Magnetic resonance (MR) imaging revealed a lesion posterior to the medial femoral condyle...
- Unusual presentation of fibroma of tendon sheathS Boms
Dermatology 214:336-7. 2007
- Solitary fibrous tumour of the tongue: a case report with immunohistochemical studiesY Yamashita
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Saga Medical School, Nabeshima, Saga, Japan
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 31:681-3. 2002..We report here case of SFT arising from the tongue of a 75-year-old woman. To our knowledge, this is the second case reported of SFT originating from the tongue...
- Papillary fibroelastoma of the left atrial wall: a case reportMurat Bicer
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, University Hospital and Medical Faculty of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
J Cardiothorac Surg 4:28. 2009..The patient was treated surgically for the prevention of further embolic complications. Pertinent literature is also reviewed for this rare and benign cardiac tumor...
- Elastofibroma dorsi: CT and MR imaging findingsS Kudo
Department of Radiology, Saga Medical School, Nabeshima 5--1-1, Saga, Saga, 849--8501 Japan
Semin Musculoskelet Radiol 5:103-5. 2001..It can be easily diagnosed on computed tomography or magnetic resonance images and should not be mistaken for a malignant tumor...
- Elastofibroma dorsi as differential diagnosis in tumors of the thoracic wallClemens Schafmayer
Department for General Surgery and Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital of Schleswig Holstein, Kiel, Germany
Ann Thorac Surg 82:1501-4. 2006..Histology from the specimen was consistent with elastofibroma dorsi with free resection margins...
- [Metaplastic spindle-cell (fibromatosis-like) carcinoma of the breast--report of 4 cases]Z Kinkor
Oddĕlení patologie FN Na Bulovce, Praha
Cesk Patol 38:164-8. 2002..Differential diagnosis of this unusual variant of metaplastic breast carcinoma is discussed together with related therapeutic issues...
- Cardiac papillary fibroelastoma: a comprehensive analysis of 725 casesRamesh M Gowda
Division of Cardiology, Long Island College Hospital, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Am Heart J 146:404-10. 2003..DATA COLLECTIONS: Cases, case series and related articles on the subject in all languages were identified through a comprehensive literature search...
- Superficial acral fibromyxoma: report of two casesD V Kazakov
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Dermatology 205:285-8. 2002..In conclusion, SAFM represents a distinct entity in the spectrum of cutaneous myxoid tumors. The differential diagnosis of SAFM includes various myxoid neoplasms and tumors with a predilection for distal parts of the extremities...
- Intracardiac fibroma in nevoid-basal cell carcinoma (gorlin) syndrome: tissue characterization by strain rate imagingLinda B Pauliks
Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Echocardiography 23:79-80. 2006
- Papillary fibroelastoma of the aortic valve: evaluation with transesophageal echocardiography and magnetic resonance imagingJun Shiraishi
Second Department of Medicine, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Jpn Heart J 44:799-803. 2003..The histopathologic diagnosis was papillary fibroelastoma. When a tumor of the aortic valve exists, these examinations are useful in detecting and characterizing the tumor for optimal treatment...
- Bilateral elastofibroma of the thighs with concomitant subscapular lesionsAkifumi Nishida
Department of Radiology, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, 1 7 1 Sakamoto, Nagasaki 852 8501, Japan
Skeletal Radiol 32:116-8. 2003..Although bilateral involvement of the thighs is exceptional, the presence of concomitant characteristic bilateral subscapular lesions was helpful in making the diagnosis of elastofibroma...
- [Papillary fibroelastoma of the aortic valve as a cause of sudden death: case report]M Tomsova
Fingerlanduv ustav patologie, Fakultní nemocnice, Hradec Kralove
Cesk Patol 39:76-9. 2003..At the autopsy a large papillary fibroelastoma of the aortic valve was found. This probably produced intermittent obstruction of the coronary artery ostia...
- REGULATION OF P53 EXPRESSION BY C7 TRANSCRIPTION FACTORDavid Strayer; Fiscal Year: 1999..C7 is encoded by a gene present in malignant rabbit fibroma virus, MV...
- PATHOGENESIS OF MALIGNANT FIBROMATOSISDavid Strayer; Fiscal Year: 2001..We propose to study the pathogenesis of malignant fibromatosis elicited by malignant rabbit fibroma virus (MV) as a function of the virus ability to manipulate apoptosis and cell cycle progression...
- DNASES DURING INFECTION BY VACCINIA AND SHOPE FIBROMABeatriz Pogo; Fiscal Year: 1980..along with wild-type virus), (2) to investigate the transitory stimulation of host DNA synthesis with Shope fibroma virus, an agent involved in the etiology of benign tumors, and (3) to develop a cell-free system to study the ..
- Cardiac MDCT for Early Triage of Patients with ACSUdo Hoffmann; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Aggressive Periodontitis and Formylpeptide Receptor SNPsJohn Walters; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A macaque model for AIDS-related oral malignanciesTIMOTHY ROSE; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such a model could directly impact the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of this devastating human disease. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Oxidative DNA Damage, DNA Repair and Oral CancerChun Yang Fan; Fiscal Year: 2006..By obtaining a K award, the PI will have the opportunity to develop skills for patient- oriented research under the direction of basic and clinical science mentors. ..
- Minimally Invasive Approaches for Craniofacial SurgeryMaria Troulis; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Viral Etiology of Kaposi's sarcoma-like TumorsTIMOTHY ROSE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Additional training and focused research in virology would allow Dr. Rose to expand upon his initial discovery and make further significant contributions in the fields of herpesviruses and viral pathogenicity. ..
- Uptake of Fluoroquinolones and Tetracyclines by GingivaJohn Walters; Fiscal Year: 2003..Strategies that optimize the uptake and distribution of antimicrobial agents should enhance the elimination of invasive pathogens from the periodontium and other types of mucosa. ..
- Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy(FNAB) Needle DeviceVinod Shidham; Fiscal Year: 2002..Apart from the worldwide market, the potential market in United States alone should exceed $1,500,000 per year. ..
- METABOLISM IN NORMAL AND OSTEOARTHRITIC CARTILAGEHenry Mankin; Fiscal Year: 2001..It is further speculated that the study of serine proteinases produced by OA cartilage may have strong implications for the management of this debilitating disease. ..
- Angiogenesis and Cardiac Growth as Heart Failure TherapyY Woo; Fiscal Year: 2008..The candidate's institution, sponsor, and chairman provide a uniquely supportive, high-caliber, educationally stimulating environment highly conducive to the achievement of these goals. ..