Genomes and Genes
Summary: A benign neoplasm derived from mesodermal cells that form cartilage. It may remain within the substance of a cartilage or bone (true chondroma or enchondroma) or may develop on the surface of a cartilage (ecchondroma or ecchondrosis). (Dorland, 27th ed; Stedman, 25th ed)
Publications236 found, 100 shown here
- Epithelioid gastric stromal tumours of the antrum in young females with the Carney triad: a report of three new cases with mutational analysis and comparative genomic hybridizationAbbas Agaimy
Institute of Pathology, Klinikum Nürnberg, 90419 Nurnberg, Germany
Oncol Rep 18:9-15. 2007..by metachronous or synchronous occurrence of epithelioid gastrointestinal stromal tumours (GISTs), pulmonary chondroma and extra-adrenal paraganglioma...
- Loss of β-catenin induces multifocal periosteal chondroma-like masses in miceLeslie Cantley
Translational Research Program in Pediatric Orthopaedics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Am J Pathol 182:917-27. 2013..studying the role of β-catenin in cartilage development, we found that its conditional deletion induces ectopic chondroma-like cartilage formation in mice...
- [Septal nasal chondroma--a case report]Wojciech Scierski
Katedra i Oddział Kliniczny Laryngologii w Zabrzu Slaskiego UM w Katowicach
Otolaryngol Pol 61:1021-3. 2007Cartilaginous tumors of the head and neck are rare. The most frequent site is larynx and spheno-ethmoidal area. Chondroma of the nasal septum is very rare...
- Laryngeal chondroma presenting as a laryngopyoceleIrfan Papila
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty of Istanbul University, Turkey
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 262:473-6. 2005..We present a patient with laryngopyocele that arose because of a laryngeal chondroma.
- Periosteal chondroma: MR characteristicsK Woertler
Department of Radiology, Technische Universitaet Muenchen, Germany
J Comput Assist Tomogr 25:425-30. 2001The purpose of this study was to describe the MR characteristics of periosteal chondroma.
- Heterogeneity of angiogenesis and blood vessel maturation in cartilage tumorsThomas Kalinski
Department of Pathology, Otto von Guericke University, Leipziger Str 44, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Pathol Res Pract 205:339-45. 2009..Altogether, cartilage tumors exhibit a heterogeneous but predominantly mature angiogenic phenotype with differential proliferative activity...
- The triad of paragangliomas, gastric stromal tumours and pulmonary chondromas (Carney triad), and the dyad of paragangliomas and gastric stromal sarcomas (Carney-Stratakis syndrome): molecular genetics and clinical implicationsC A Stratakis
Section on Endocrinology and Genetics, Program on Developmental Endocrinology and Genetics, NICHD, NIH, Building 10, CRC, Room 1 3330, 10 Center Dr, MSC1103, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Intern Med 266:43-52. 2009....
- Para-articular chondroma and osteochondroma of the infrapatellar fat pad: a report of three casesH Sakai
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Tochigi, Japan
Int Orthop 23:114-7. 1999We report three cases of para-articular chondroma and osteochondroma in the region of infrapatellar fat pad. All three lesions were resected and examined histologically...
- Extraskeletal chondroma of the footPanayiotis J Papagelopoulos
First Department of Orthopaedics, Athens University Medical School, 4 Christovassili Street, Neo Psychikon, 15451 Athens, Greece
Joint Bone Spine 74:285-8. 2007..The authors present herein the case of a 74-year-old man with a painful mass at the dorsomedial aspect of the left foot. At 34 months after surgery the patient is disease-free with no evidence of recurrence...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 expression in chondrosarcomaKaren M Sutton
Orthopedic Biological Research Laboratories, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Oncology 66:275-80. 2004..There is now a mounting body of information that strongly implies that COX-2 inhibitors may be of some value in the management of patients with carcinomas, and most recently several similar reports have appeared relating to sarcomas...
- Comparative genomic hybridization in cartilaginous tumorsToshifumi Ozaki
Department of Orthopaedics, Westfaelische Wilhelms University, Muenster, Germany
Anticancer Res 24:1721-5. 2004..Therefore, although the number of aberrations between benign and malignant cartilaginous tumors appears to be similar, these two entities may be differentiated by determining which chromosomes are affected...
- Differential expression of VEGF-A and angiopoietins in cartilage tumors and regulation by interleukin-1betaThomas Kalinski
Department of Pathology, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
Cancer 106:2028-38. 2006..As interleukin (IL)-1beta has been found to be an indispensable factor in angiogenic signaling, we further analyzed the effect of IL-1beta on the expression of VEGF-A, Ang-1, and Ang-2 using a previously established cell culture model...
- Chondromyxoid fibromaAdam M Budny
Nason Hospital, Roaring Spring, PA, USA
J Foot Ankle Surg 47:153-9. 2008..Early detection and complete surgical resection are valuable in preventing recurrence in the affected bone. ACFAS Level of Clinical Evidence: 4...
- Diffuse mineralization of forearm extraskeletal chondromaThomas Le Corroller
Department of Radiology, La Timone Hospital, Marseille, France
Joint Bone Spine 75:479-81. 2008We report on the clinical, histologic, and radiologic features - including CT and MRI - of extraskeletal chondroma in a rare case of diffuse calcification of the chondroid matrix...
- Carney triad: a syndrome featuring paraganglionic, adrenocortical, and possibly other endocrine tumorsJ Aidan Carney
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:3656-62. 2009Two young women, each with paraganglioma and gastric stromal tumor, were encountered in the middle 1970s. One also had an adrenal cortical adenoma and the other pulmonary chondroma.
- [Diagnosis and differential diagnosis of extraskeletal, para-articular chondroma of the knee]B Schmidt-Rohlfing
Orthopadische Klinik, Universitätsklinikum der RWTH Aachen, Germany
Z Orthop Ihre Grenzgeb 140:544-7. 2002..Extraskeletal chondromas in the region of the knee joint are very rare tumors which may cause diagnostic problems and have concomitant therapeutic consequences...
- Intracortical chondroma simulating osteoid osteoma treated by radiofrequencyR Richard Ramnath
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Skeletal Radiol 31:597-602. 2002..Pathologic evaluation of the specimens revealed features consistent with benign intracortical chondroma. In one case radiofrequency treatment appears to have cured the tumor...
- Imaging and pathological correlation of soft-tissue chondroma: a serial five-case study and literature reviewHung Ta Hondar Wu
Department of Radiology, Veterans General Hospital Taipei, National Yang Ming University, Shih Pai Road 201, Taipei 122, Taiwan, ROC
Clin Imaging 30:32-6. 2006..findings (X-ray and MRI) and patterns of calcification of five patients with pathologically proven soft-tissue chondroma were correlated with histopathology. The size ranged from 0.5 to 3 cm...
- Childhood soft tissue chondroma. Two cases reportMahmoud Smida
Department of Pediatric Orhtopedic Surgery, Children Hospital Tunis, Tunisia
Tunis Med 89:379-82. 2011Soft tissue chondroma is a rare benign tumour, which is generally seen in adult. It consists of islands of heterotopic cartilaginous tissue and most localised on the hands and the feet...
- Current limitations to the histopathological diagnosis of some frequently encountered bone tumoursChristine Galant
Department of Pathology, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Bruxelles, Belgium
Acta Orthop Belg 74:1-6. 2008..However there are situations in which a discrepancy exists between histology and imaging studies and where histology alone cannot be decisive. This paper reviews such situations...
- A peculiar site of chondroma: the epiglottisShih Wei Yang
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Keelung, Taiwan
Acta Otolaryngol 125:906-9. 2005b>Chondroma of the laryngeal cartilage is an uncommon benign cartilaginous neoplasm. The commonest location is the posterior lamina of the cricoid cartilage, followed by the thyroid cartilage...
- Soft-tissue chondroma of the masticatory spaceG De Riu
Department of Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Sassari, Sassari, Italy
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 36:174-6. 2007Soft-tissue chondroma is an infrequent, benign, cartilaginous tumour that is uncommon in the head and neck region. Single-location chondromas rarely evolve into malignant neoplasms...
- Extraskeletal ossifying chondroma in Hoffa's fat pad: an unusual cause of anterior knee painV K Singh
Department of Trauma and Orthopaedics, Luton and Dunstable Hospital, Luton, LU4 0DZ, UK
Singapore Med J 50:e189-92. 2009..We report a giant extraskeletal ossifying chondroma in a 55-year-old man, presented as chronic knee pain and successfully treated by excision...
- A case of chondroma of the tongueH Sera
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Fukuoka Dental College, Fukuoka 814 0193, Japan
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 34:99-100. 2005b>Chondroma of the tongue represents a very rare benign tumor at this site, with very few reports of pure chondroma (no components of adipose, fibrous or bony tissue) existing...
- Convexity dural chondroma: a case report and review of the literatureEfkan Colpan
Department of Neurosurgery, Ankara University of Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
J Clin Neurosci 10:106-8. 2003..In rare instances, these tumours originate from the dura mater of the convexity. We report a rare case of a chondroma arising from the convexity dura mater. The origin of this tumour is analysed and the literature reviewed.
- Extraskeletal chondroma of the masseter muscle: a case report with review of the literatureJ Falleti
Department of Biomorphological and Functional Science, Section of Anatomic Pathology, Federico II University, Via S Pansini 5, Naples, Italy
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 38:895-9. 2009The authors report a case of soft tissue chondroma of the masseter muscle in a 49-year-old man. The tumour was entirely composed of lobules of hyaline cartilage. The literature on head and neck soft tissue chondroma is also reviewed...
- Chondrolipoma of the popliteal fossa and Japanese reportsHisashi Ohtsuka
Surgical Division C, Ehime University Hospital, Ehime, Japan
J Dermatol 33:202-6. 2006..The presented tumor was an early one because of the shortest duration and the smallest size in Japan. Recent criteria for a benign mesenchymoma including a chondrolipoma were also described...
- Intracapsular and para-articular chondroma adjacent to large joints: report of three cases and review of the literatureC Gonzalez-Lois
Department of Pathology, University Hospital Doce de Octubre, Carretera de Andalucía Km 5400, Madrid 28041, Spain
Skeletal Radiol 30:672-6. 2001Para-articular chondroma is a rare tumor that has been reported in only 30 cases adjacent to large joints in the Anglo-Saxon literature...
- Chondroma and chondrosarcoma of the larynxRobert J Baatenburg de Jong
Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Leiden University Medical Center, Holland
Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 12:98-105. 2004The purpose of this review is to give a detailed description of chondroma and chondrosarcoma of the larynx and to put into perspective new findings from recent literature.
- Chondroma/Chondrosarcoma of the spineGregory S McLoughlin
Division of Neurosurgery, University of Saskatchewan, University Hospital, 103 Hospital Drive, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, S7N 0W8, Canada
Neurosurg Clin N Am 19:57-63. 2008..These neoplasms exist on opposite ends of the pathologic spectrum, ranging from the benign chondroma to the malignant, high-grade chondrosarcoma...
- Immunohistochemical study of chondrolipoma: possible importance of transforming growth factor (TGF)-betas, latent TGF-beta binding protein-1 (LTBP-1), and bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) for chondrogenesis in lipomaMineo Nakano
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Organized Center of Clinical Medicine, International University of Health and Welfare, Tochigi, Japan
J Dermatol 30:189-95. 2003..These findings suggest that the pattern of expression of TGF-betas, LTBP-1, and BMP may be important in the pathogenesis of chondrolipoma...
- Microsurgical treatment of intracranial chondromaYu Xin
Department of Neurosurgery, Beijing Tiantan Hospital, Capital Medical University, Tiantan Xili 6, Chongwen District, Beijing 100050, China
J Clin Neurosci 18:1064-71. 2011..Thus, we aimed to describe a large series of patients with intracranial chondroma and to analyze and discuss the clinical features and microsurgical treatment of these patients...
- Large chondroma of the dural convexity in a patient with Noonan's syndrome. Case report and review of the literatureP D Delgado-López
Servicios de Neurocirugía, Hospital General Yague, Burgos
Neurocirugia (Astur) 18:241-6. 2007..We describe the case of a young male diagnosed of Noonan's syndrome that underwent resection of a large intracranial chondroma arising from the dural convexity. To our best knowledge this is the first report of such association.
- Bizarre parosteal osteochondromatous proliferation and periosteal chondroma: a comparative report and review of the literatureJames H Flint
Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Hand Surg Am 32:893-8. 2007Bizarre parosteal osteochondromatous proliferation and periosteal chondroma are rare, benign, bony lesions that may present in the hand...
- Intestinal chondrolipoma: uncommon cause of bowel obstructionHye Ra Jung
Department of Pathology, Keimyung University Dongsan Medical Center, Daegu 700 712, South Korea
J Pediatr Surg 42:E21-3. 2007..To the best of our knowledge, this seems to be the first report of chondrolipoma arising from the small bowel in English language literatures...
- Chondrolipoma of the oropharynxY P Halaas
Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, USA
Ear Nose Throat J 80:146-7. 2001..The lesion was excised, and histopathology determined that it was a chondrolipoma. We believe that this is the first report of a chondrolipoma at this anatomic site...
- Extraskeletal chondroma of parotid glandM B Aslam
Histopathology 48:465-7. 2006
- Giant cystic intracranial chondroma of the falx with review of literatureAmita Patel
Department of Histopathology, William Harvey Hospital, Ashford, Kent, UK
Neuropathology 29:315-7. 2009..Our case illustrates the benignity of the intracranial chondroma and to our knowledge, is one of the longest surviving and largest cases found after incomplete removal.
- Chondroblastoma-like chondroma of soft tissue: an underrecognized variant and its differential diagnosisJ M Cates
James Homer Wright Pathology Laboratories, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 25:661-6. 2001..The clinicopathologic features of these chondroblastoma-like chondromas are discussed, emphasizing the characteristics that facilitate their accurate identification...
- Chondroma of the cheek: A case reportK Onodera
Division of Oral Pathology, Department of Oral Medicine and Surgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, Sendai, Japan
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 34:924-6. 2005An extremely rare case of soft tissue chondroma occurring in the right cheek of a 47-year-old woman is reported. The localized nodular tumor was encapsulated and composed of hyalinized cartilage with fine calcifications...
- Giant chondroma arising from the dura mater of the convexity. Case report and review of the literatureM Nakayama
Department of Neurosurgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Japan
J Neurosurg 94:331-4. 2001..The authors present a case of intracranial giant chondroma originating from the dura mater of the convexity. Neuroimaging and surgical findings are described...
- Chondroma of the nasal bone: a case reportSuja Sreedharan
Dept of ENT, Kasturba Medical College Hospital, Attavar, Mangalore, Karnataka, PIN 575001, India
Ear Nose Throat J 85:44-6. 2006..Since the first case report by Morgan in 1842, approximately 150 cases of head and neck chondroma have been recorded in the English-language literature...
- Intracranial falx chondroma: literature review and a case reportKostas N Fountas
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital of Larisa, School of Medicine, University of Thessaly, Larisa, Greece
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 110:8-13. 2008..As a result, their diagnosis has remained a histopathologic one. In our current study, we present a case of a falcine intracranial chondroma. This case provided the opportunity to extensively review the pertinent literature.
- Pulmonary chondroma: a tumor associated with Carney triad and different from pulmonary hamartomaFausto J Rodriguez
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 31:1844-53. 2007..They differ pathologically from pulmonary cartilaginous hamartomas on the basis of the presence of a thin fibrous pseudocapsule, frequent bone metaplasia, and calcification, and also the absence of entrapped epithelium and fat...
- Oncological and functional results of cryosurgical therapy of enchondromas and chondrosarcomas grade 1I C M van der Geest
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Radboud University Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Surg Oncol 98:421-6. 2008..It is applied to enlarge the oncological margins of resection and to reduce the local recurrence rate. The objective of this study is to analyze the oncological and functional results...
- Rotator cuff impingement due to enchondroma of the acromionNéstor López-Martín
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Universidad Autonoma, Madrid, Spain
Acta Orthop Belg 71:732-5. 2005..Tumours located in the coracoacromial arch have been very rarely reported as a cause of subacromial impingement. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first description of subacromial impingement secondary to acromial enchondroma...
- [Clinicopathologic analysis of 154 cases of tumors and tumor-like lesions in the bones of hands and feet]Zhi ming Jiang
Department of Pathology, Shanghai Sixth People s Hospital Attached to Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200233, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 32:417-21. 2003..To study the clinical and pathologic features of tumors and tumor-like lesions in the bones of hands and feet...
- NOV (CCN3) regulation in the growth plate and CCN family member expression in cartilage neoplasiaChunying Yu
Program in Developmental Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1X8, Canada
J Pathol 201:609-15. 2003..As identification of the grade of cartilage neoplasia can sometimes be difficult using histology alone, the level of expression of CCN family members could be a useful adjunct in the determination of tumour grade...
- Resolution of chylothorax after resection of rib chondroma in a dogS Watine
Small Animal Internal Medicine, Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liege, 20 boulevard de Colonster B44, 4000 Liege, Belgium
J Small Anim Pract 44:546-9. 2003..An incisional biopsy was performed, which gave a histological diagnosis of chondroma. Resolution of the chylothorax after en-bloc surgical removal of the tumour suggested that the rib tumour was ..
- Enchondroma and chondrosarcoma of bone: clinical, radiologic, and histologic differentiationScott D Weiner
Summa Orthopaedics, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, Akron, Ohio, USA
Instr Course Lect 53:645-9. 2004..Biopsies are not typically indicated because of the histologic similarity of benign and malignant cartilage lesions...
- Molecular analysis of the INK4A/INK4A-ARF gene locus in conventional (central) chondrosarcomas and enchondromas: indication of an important gene for tumour progressionHetty M van Beerendonk
Department of Pathology, Leiden University Medical Centre, The Netherlands
J Pathol 202:359-66. 2004....
- [Cartilage tumours of the bone. Diagnosis and therapy]A Streitbuerger
Klinik und Poliklinik für Allgemeine Orthopädie, Universitatsklinikum Munster, Albert Schweitzer Strasse 33, 48149 Munster
Orthopade 35:871-81; quiz 882. 2006..The cartilage tumours appear as benign lesions (e.g. chondroma), as borderline tumours (proliferative chondroma vs grade I chondrosarcoma) or as highly malignant ..
- Diagnostic value and limitations of fluorine-18 fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography for cartilaginous tumors of boneFrancis Young In Lee
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, 622 West 168th Street, PH 11, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 86:2677-85. 2004..In this study, we investigated the glucose metabolism of cartilage tumors measured by positron emission tomography and its correlation with histopathologic grades...
- Imaging of tumours of the foot and ankleP Van Dyck
Dpt of Radiology, University Hospital Antwerp, Edegem, Belgium
JBR-BTR 87:252-7. 2004..This presentation aims to give an overview of bone and soft-tissue tumours of the foot and ankle and to discuss the strength of each imaging modality in the diagnosis...
- Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Case 8-2005. A 10-year-old boy with pain in the right thighMark C Gebhardt
Department of Orthopedics, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, USA
N Engl J Med 352:1122-9. 2005
- Concurrent periosteal chondroma and enchondroma of the fibula mimicking chondrosarcomaYasuhiro Yamamoto
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Fujita Health University, Toyoake City, Aichi, Japan
Skeletal Radiol 35:302-5. 2006We present a rare concurrence of enchondroma and periosteal chondroma in the right distal fibula that mimicked chondrosarcoma in a 13-year-old boy...
- Chondrosarcoma of the talus: a case reportLevent Buluc
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Kocaeli University School of Medicine, Kocaeli, Turkey
J Foot Ankle Surg 44:292-6. 2005..At 3 years' follow-up, there is no evidence of recurrence or metastasis. The patient can walk with slight limp without the aid of external support...
- Chondroid tumors arising from the meninges--report of 2 cases and review of the literatureM Bergmann
Institute of Clinical Neuropathology, Klinikum Bremen Ost, Bremen, Germany
Clin Neuropathol 23:149-53. 2004..In case 1, a 19-year-old woman, a chondroma of the falx cerebri with extensive secondary ossification was diagnosed...
- Benign and malignant cartilage tumors of the handMary I O'Connor
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Hand Clin 20:317-23, vi. 2004..Chondrosarcoma is rare and most likely the result of malignant degeneration of a pre-existing lesion. Wide en bloc resection is appropriate for chondrosarcoma and typically involves ray resection or partial hand amputation...
- Differentiating clinical and radiographic features of enchondroma and secondary chondrosarcoma in the footDonald A Gajewski
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation, Walter Reed Army Medical Cente, Washington, D C 20307, USA
Foot Ankle Int 27:240-4. 2006..In contrast to similar tumors in the appendicular skeleton, it is difficult to distinguish between these two tumors when they occur in the foot...
- Intra-articular chondroma of the kneeS C Talwalkar
Oldchurch Hospital, Waterloo Road, Romford, Essex, RM7 0BE, UK
Skeletal Radiol 34:351-4. 2005..We report a rare case of an intra-articular chondroma in a 16-year-old boy of Asian origin developing in the region of the medial femoral condyle of the femur and ..
- Chondroma or chondrosarcoma? An indication for sternum resectionThomas Muehlberger
Department of Plastic Surgery, DRK Kliniken Berlin Westend, Humboldt Universitat, Berlin, Germany
Plast Reconstr Surg 121:145e-146e. 2008
- D2-40 functions as an effective chondroid marker distinguishing true chondroid tumors from chordomaJason T Huse
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3400 Spruce Street, 6th Floor Founders, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Acta Neuropathol 113:87-94. 2007..We also demonstrate D2-40 immunoreactivity in two cases of chordoid meningioma and, in doing so, tentatively provide a means to distinguish this tumor from chordoma...
- A 36-year-old woman with posterior shoulder painKevin M MacDonald
Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation, University of Wisconsin, Box 7375 Clinical Science Center H4, 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI, 53792, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 466:1010-4. 2008
- Non specific magnetic resonance features of chondromyxoid fibroma of the iliac boneE Yalniz
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Trakya University School of Medicine, Edirne, Turkey
J BUON 12:407-9. 2007..Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) features were non specific for chondromyxoid fibroma. We emphasize the need to consider it in the differential diagnosis of chondrosarcoma...
- Periosteal chondroid tumors: radiologic evaluation with pathologic correlationP Robinson
Department of Medical Imaging, Mount Sinai Hospital and the University Health Network, University of Toronto, 600 University Ave, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X5
AJR Am J Roentgenol 177:1183-8. 2001..After the evaluation, a radiologic diagnosis of chondroma or chondrosarcoma was obtained...
- [Benign cartilaginous tumors]R Erlemann
, St. Johannes-Hospital, An der Abtei 7-11, 47166 Duisburg
Radiologe 41:548-59. 2001..Clinics, localization, age distribution and morphology of benign cartilaginous tumors are presented and the most important differential diagnoses are given...
- Tumoral mass on a phalangeal bone in a 19-year-oldAlpaslan Oztürk
Bursa High Specialty Research and Education Hospital, Turkey
Clin Orthop Relat Res 458:229-34. 2007
- [MRI in the diagnosis of tumors of the shoulder girdle area]I Schlecht
Strahlenklinik und Poliklinik, ,
Rontgenpraxis 53:191-5. 2001..Estimation of the dignity in the case of infiltrative growth was possible in most cases. To assess the exact type of tumor was often difficult. Especially the dignity of the cartilaginous tumors could not be precisely described...
- Cartilaginous lesions of boneK K Unni
Mayo Clinic, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Orthop Sci 6:457-72. 2001..Most cartilaginous lesions are benign or of low-grade malignancy. However, there are some subtypes of chondrosarcoma that behave in a highly aggressive fashion...
- An association between cartilaginous tumours and breast cancer in the national pathology registration in The Netherlands points towards a possible genetic traitA E Odink
Department of Pathology, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Pathol 193:190-2. 2001..e. 51 years versus 60.9 years. The association of breast cancer and cartilaginous tumours and the early age of onset of breast cancer in these patients may suggest a genetic trait...
- Endogenous secretory receptor for advanced glycation endproducts as a novel prognostic marker in chondrosarcomaAkihiko Takeuchi
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa, Japan
Cancer 109:2532-40. 2007....
- Coccidioidomycosis fungal infection in the hand mimicking a metacarpal enchondromaJ I Huang
Department of Radiological Sciences and the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Hand Surg Br 25:475-7. 2000..Curettage and bone grafting in combination with long-term antifungal therapy are necessary for successful treatment of coccidioidomycosis of the hand...
- Pathologic fracture of metacarpal enchondroma: case study and differential diagnosisMichael J McVey
Department of Radiology, Logan College of Chiropractic, Chesterfield, MO 63003 1065, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 25:340-4. 2002..Additionally, a reasonable list of differential considerations is presented with accompanying radiographic and advanced imaging characteristics...
- Immunohistochemical analysis of matrix metalloproteinase-1, -3, and -13 in naturally occurring cartilaginous tumors of dogsKeiichi Kuroki
Comparative Orthopaedic Laboratory, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia 65211, USA
Am J Vet Res 63:1285-91. 2002....
- Solitary enchondromas: is radiographic follow-up sufficient in patients with asymptomatic lesions?P E Müller
Department of Orthopaedics, Universitat Rostock, Ulmenstr 44 45, 18055 Rostock, Germany
Acta Orthop Belg 69:112-8. 2003..On the other hand the complication rate of enchondroma curettage is considerable. Regular radiological follow-up of asymptomatic enchondromas may therefore be the better option...
- Juvenile juxtacortical chondromyxoid fibroma of bone: a case reportDarshana Jhala
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Louisville, KY 35233, USA
Hum Pathol 39:960-5. 2008..Juxtacortical CMF has not proven to be unusually aggressive in adults nor in this child, and marginal (en-block) resection remains the treatment of choice...
- Ultrasound and MR findings in tumor and tumor-like lesions of the fingersA Bueno Horcajadas
Department of Radiology, Fundacion Hospital de Alcorcon, C Budapest, 1, 28922 Alcorcon, Madrid, Spain
Eur Radiol 13:672-85. 2003..We present representative cases selected from 62 patients evaluated at our institution, with pathologic correlation...
- Differential expression of runx2 and Indian hedgehog in cartilaginous tumorsHye Rim Park
Department of Pathology, Hallym University, Anyang, Korea
Pathol Oncol Res 13:32-7. 2007..Ihh expression is considered a marker of the hypertrophic stage of differentiation in these tumor cells...
- Enchondroma protuberans of the handYeong Yi An
Department of Radiology, The Catholic University of Korea, St Vincent s Hospital, 93 Ji dong, Paldal Ku, Suwon, Kyunggi do 442 723, Republic of Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 190:40-4. 2008..The purpose of this study was to describe imaging findings of this disease that were obtained using both radiography and MRI...
- [Is the rings and arcs pattern of mineralization specific for chondroid matrix tumors?]O Hauger
Service de Radiologie A, Hopital Pellegrin, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux
J Radiol 84:1012-6. 2003..The authors report four cases of osteoblastomas in which the presence of such a pattern of mineralization mistakenly lead to a diagnosis of cartilaginous tumor. These densities are not explained by the histologic findings...
- Malignant transformation in human chondrosarcoma cells supported by telomerase activation and tumor suppressor inactivationJames A Martin
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Cell Growth Differ 13:397-407. 2002..These observations may lead to better understanding of the factors responsible for malignant transformation, local recurrence, and metastases of cartilage neoplasms...
- Magnetic resonance imaging of bone tumours and mimics: pictorial essayAlison R Spouge
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, University of Western Ontario, London Health Sciences Centre University Campus, 339 Windermere Rd, London, ON N6A 5A5
Can Assoc Radiol J 54:221-33. 2003
- Treatment of solitary enchondromas in fingersE Kuur
Department of Hand Surgery, University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
J Hand Surg Br 14:109-12. 1989..It is important that all material is removed from the cyst, which has to be packed completely with bone chips. The possibility of malignant change in enchondromas should be borne in mind, but we did not see this...
- Chondrosarcoma of the larynx: a clinicopathologic study of 111 cases with a review of the literatureLester D R Thompson
Department of Endocrine and Otorhinolaryngic Head and Neck Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 26:836-51. 2002..An associated benign chondroma with (n = 41 tumors) or without ischemia (n = 24 tumors) was noted...
- Chondrosarcoma of the arytenoid cartilageSohit P Kanotra
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Government Medical College Srinagar, Kashmir, India
Ear Nose Throat J 89:E6-E10. 2010..occurrence, its indolent pattern of growth, and the difficulty in differentiating it histopathologically from chondroma. However, suspicion of arytenoid chondrosarcoma may be raised by a finding of its characteristic appearance as a ..
- Imaging modalities to access bony tumors and hyperplasic reactions of the temporomandibular jointWerner H Shintaku
Department of Diagnostic Science, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio Dental School, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 68:1911-21. 2010..for benign hyperplastic bony lesions in the TMJ should include condylar hyperplasia, osteochondroma, osteoma, chondroma, and osteoblastoma. If malignant features are present, chondrosarcoma and osteosarcoma should be considered...
- Clinical, radiologic and pathologic characteristics of the Carney triad: a case report and literature reviewChin Fan Chen
Department of Surgery, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 26:428-34. 2010..or metachronous condition involving gastric leiomyosarcoma, extra-adrenal paraganglioma and pulmonary chondroma. A 26-year-old woman presented with dizziness and several episodes of melena over 3 days...
- Correlation between clinicopathological features and karyotype in 100 cartilaginous and chordoid tumours. A report from the Chromosomes and Morphology (CHAMP) Collaborative Study GroupGiovanni Tallini
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, USA
J Pathol 196:194-203. 2002..abnormal cartilaginous tumours, loss of distal 8q was associated with osteochondroma, +5 with synovial chondroma/chondromatosis and parosteal or soft tissue chondroma, alterations of chromosome arm 6q with chondromyxoid ..
- Chondrosarcoma of the larynx: presentation of a case and review of the literatureSantino Rizzo
Otolaryngology Clinic, University of Perugia, Terni, Italy
Tumori 94:864-8. 2008..and the low degree of malignancy with which most cases present and which often causes it to be mistaken for a chondroma. A case is presented of a 61-year-old woman with a chondrosarcoma of the larynx, grade 2, originating from the ..
- Joint infection after knee arthroscopy: medicolegal aspectsS Marmor
Orthopaedic Department, Diaconesse Hospital Croix Saint Simon, 125, rue Avron, 75020 Paris, France
Orthop Traumatol Surg Res 95:278-83. 2009..This study analyzes the context of such infection occurrences, their management as well as their medicolegal consequences...
- Subungual tumors: clinicopathologic correlation with US and MR imaging findingsHye Jin Baek
Department of Radiology, College of Medicine, Inje University, Busan Paik Hospital, Busanjin Ku, Busan, Korea
Radiographics 30:1621-36. 2010..can affect the subungual space, including benign solid tumors (glomus tumor, subungual exostosis, soft-tissue chondroma, keratoacanthoma, hemangioma, lobular capillary hemangioma), benign cystic lesions (epidermal and mucoid cysts), ..
- [The quantification of the magnetization transfer contrast (MTC) effect by calculating MT quotients: does it yield additional information for the differentiation of benign and malignant diseases of the locomotor apparatus?]M Vahlensieck
Radiologische Universitätsklinik Bonn
Rofo 171:468-72. 1999..To investigate the potential information of the amount of magnetization-transfer effect in musculoskeletal lesions and to compare MT ratios from benign and malignant musculoskeletal lesions...
- Functional and biological analysis of Bcl-xL expression in human osteosarcomaZhao Xia Wang
Department of Oncology, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, 121 Jiangjiayuan Road, Nanjing 210011, PR China
Bone 47:445-54. 2010..Moreover, the levels of Bcl-xL mRNA expression were significantly higher in osteosarcoma tissues than those in chondroma or corresponding non-tumor tissues (P<0...
- Separate occurrence of extra-adrenal paraganglioma and gastrointestinal stromal tumor in monozygotic twins: probable familial Carney syndromeLiliane Boccon-Gibod
Department of Pathology, University School of Medicine of Paris VI and Hôpital d Enfants Armand Trousseau Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, 26 avenue du Docteur Arnold Netter, 75571, Paris Cedex 12, France
Pediatr Dev Pathol 7:380-4. 2004The nonfamilial Carney triad includes paraganglioma, gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST), and pulmonary chondroma. Some paraganglioma-GIST diads are familial and inherited in an apparent autosomal dominant manner...
- Pediatric rib lesions: a 13-year experienceSendia Kim
Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Pediatr Surg 43:1781-5. 2008..Rib lesions in the pediatric population are rare but significant processes and are often neoplastic...
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors of the stomach in children and young adults: a clinicopathologic, immunohistochemical, and molecular genetic study of 44 cases with long-term follow-up and review of the literatureMarkku Miettinen
Department of Soft Tissue Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, 6825 16th Street NW, Bldg 54, Rm G090, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 29:1373-81. 2005..Only 1 patient had Carney triad with pulmonary chondroma. None of the patients had family members with GIST. The tumors measured from 1.5 to 24 cm (median, 5.6 cm)...
- Extraskeletal osteochondroma near the hip: a pediatric caseZhen Jiang Liu
Department of Pediatric Orthopedics, The Shengjing Hospital, China Medical University, Heping District, Shenyang, Liaoning, PR China
J Pediatr Orthop B 19:524-8. 2010..a lipomatous lesion, a pseudomalignant osseous tumour, an ossifying fibromyxoid tumour, an extraskeletal chondroma with endochondral ossification, synovial (osteo) chondromatosis, tumoural calcinosis, a synovial sarcoma and an ..
- [Primary benign chest wall tumors: results of surgical treatment]Rigoberto Dolores-Velázquez
Subdirección de Cirugía, Instituto Nacional de Cancerología de México, Toluca, Mexico
Cir Cir 75:419-24. 2007..We undertook this study to describe the clinical characteristics of primary benign chest wall tumors and to evaluate the results of surgical treatment...
- Gastric stromal tumors in Carney triad are different clinically, pathologically, and behaviorally from sporadic gastric gastrointestinal stromal tumors: findings in 104 casesLizhi Zhang
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 34:53-64. 2010..leiomyosarcoma [later renamed gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST)], extra-adrenal paraganglioma, and pulmonary chondroma. The disorder affected mostly young women and was not familial...
- Extraskeletal osteochondroma in the nape of the neck: a case reportR Singh
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Pt BD Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, Haryana, India
J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 14:192-5. 2006..a lipomatous lesion, a pseudomalignant osseous tumour, an ossifying fibromyxoid tumour, an extraskeletal chondroma with endochondral ossification, synovial (osteo) chondromatosis, tumoural calcinosis, a synovial sarcoma, and an ..
- In vivo Ribosome Tagging in Neuroendocrine Cell TypesPAUL AMIEUX; Fiscal Year: 2008..Low, medium, and highly translated mRNAs expressed in specific neuroendocrine cell types under varying physiological states can then be analyzed on microarrays followed by Quantitative-PCR. [unreadable] [unreadable]..