Summary: Rough, noisy breathing during sleep, due to vibration of the uvula and soft palate.
Publications314 found, 100 shown here
- Sleep complaints: snoring and daytime sleepiness in pregnant and pre-eclamptic womenBilgay Izci
Department of Sleep Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Sleep Med 6:163-9. 2005To examine whether snoring and sleepiness are linked in pregnancy and pre-eclampsia.
- Sleep problems and daytime somnolence in a German population-based sample of snoring school-aged childrenSteffen Eitner
Department of Neonatology, University Hospital of Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
J Sleep Res 16:96-101. 2007Habitual snoring is associated with daytime symptoms like tiredness and behavioral problems. Its association with sleep problems is unclear...
- Long-term cardiovascular outcomes in men with obstructive sleep apnoea-hypopnoea with or without treatment with continuous positive airway pressure: an observational studyJose M Marin
Respiratory Service, Hospital Universitario Miguel Servet, Isabel la Catolica, Zaragoza, Spain
Lancet 365:1046-53. 2005....
- The velo-uvulo-pharyngeal lift or "roman blinds" technique for treatment of snoring: a preliminary reportM Mantovani
Fondazione IRCS Ca Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Department of Specialist Surgical Sciences, University of Milan, Italy
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 32:48-53. 2012b>Snoring is caused by vibrating anatomical structures in the upper aerodigestive tract. It can be treated surgically and non-surgically, although resective procedures are associated with high postoperative morbidity and failure rate...
- Practice parameters for the treatment of snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnea with oral appliances: an update for 2005Clete A Kushida
Stanford University Center of Excellence for Sleep Disorders, CA, USA
Sleep 29:240-3. 2006..are an update of the previously published recommendations regarding use of oral appliances in the treatment of snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)...
- Neurobehavioral implications of habitual snoring in childrenLouise M O'Brien
Kosair Children s Hospital Research Institute and Division of Pediatric Sleep Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky 40202, USA
Pediatrics 114:44-9. 2004Current guidelines for the treatment of children with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) suggest that primary snoring (PS) in children is benign...
- Risk factors associated with habitual snoring and sleep-disordered breathing in a multi-ethnic Asian population: a population-based studySee M Khoo
Department of Medicine, Division of Respiratory Medicine, National University of Singapore, 5 Lower Kent Ridge Road, Singapore 119074, Singapore
Respir Med 98:557-66. 2004..There is scant data on the risk factors of sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) in the general population in Asian countries...
- Silence-breathing-snore classification from snore-related soundsAsela S Karunajeewa
School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, Brisbane, Australia
Physiol Meas 29:227-43. 2008..b>Snoring is the earliest symptom of OSA, but its potential in clinical diagnosis is not fully recognized yet...
- Comparison of a custom-made and a thermoplastic oral appliance for the treatment of mild sleep apneaOlivier M Vanderveken
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Antwerp University Hospital, University of Antwerp, Wilrijkstraat 10, BE 2650 Edegem, Belgium
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 178:197-202. 2008..To date, there have been no studies comparing the efficacy of such prefabricated devices with custom-made devices...
- An efficient method for snore/nonsnore classification of sleep soundsM Cavusoglu
Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department, Middle East Technical University, 06530, Ankara, Turkey
Physiol Meas 28:841-53. 2007A new method to detect snoring episodes in sleep sound recordings is proposed. Sleep sound segments (i.e., 'sound episodes' or simply 'episodes') are classified as snores and nonsnores according to their subband energy distributions...
- Polysomnographic findings are associated with cephalometric measurements in mouth-breathing childrenMaria Ligia Juliano
Neuro Sono Section, Department of Neurology, Universidade ederal de São Paulo, Brazil
J Clin Sleep Med 5:554-61. 2009..The aim of this study was to determine whether an association exists between polysomnographic findings and cephalometric measures in mouth-breathing children...
- Snoring and breathing pauses during sleep in the Malaysian populationMohd Ariff Kamil
Klinik Kamil Ariff, Arau, Perlis, Malaysia
Respirology 12:375-80. 2007The aim of this study was to determine the prevalence of snoring and breathing pauses during sleep, and to assess associated factors, including morbidity and the impact on daytime functioning, in an adult Malaysian population.
- Twenty-four-hour ambulatory BP in snoring children with obstructive sleep apnea syndromeLettie C K Leung
Department of Pediatrics, Kwong Wah Hospital, Waterloo Rd, Hong Kong SAR, China
Chest 130:1009-17. 2006..Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS) is a known risk factor for hypertension in adults. This relationship is less clear in childhood OSAS...
- Oral appliances for snoring and obstructive sleep apnea: a reviewKathleen A Ferguson
Division of Respirology, University of Western Ontario, London Health Sciences Centre, Canada
Sleep 29:244-62. 2006We conducted an evidence-based review of literature regarding use of oral appliances (OAs) in the treatment of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSA) from 1995 until the present...
- Glucose intolerance and gestational diabetes risk in relation to sleep duration and snoring during pregnancy: a pilot studyChunfang Qiu
Center for Perinatal Studies, Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
BMC Womens Health 10:17. 2010..Little, however, is known about the consequences of insufficient sleep and poor sleep quality during pregnancy on glucose tolerance and gestational diabetes...
- Sleep-disordered breathing and pregnancy: potential mechanisms and evidence for maternal and fetal morbidityBilgay Izci-Balserak
Center for Sleep and Respiratory Neurobiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Curr Opin Pulm Med 16:574-82. 2010....
- Prevalence of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome in a cohort of 1,207 children of southern ItalyL Brunetti
Department of Pediatrics, Clinica Pediatrica III, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Chest 120:1930-5. 2001..All habitual snoring children underwent a polysomnographic home evaluation, and those with an oxygen desaturation index > 2 were ..
- Prevalence of sleep apnoea and snoring in hypertensive men: a population based studyC Sjostrom
Department of Medical Sciences, Respiratory Medicine and Allergology, Uppsala University, Sweden
Thorax 57:602-7. 2002..If so, we further wanted to investigate whether this effect is age dependent...
- Position paper on the use of mandibular advancement devices in adults with sleep-related breathing disorders. A position paper of the German Society of Dental Sleep Medicine (Deutsche Gesellschaft Zahnaerztliche Schlafmedizin, DGZS)Susanne Schwarting
Andreas Gayk Strasse 23, 24103 Kiel, Germany
Sleep Breath 11:125-6. 2007Custom-made mandibular advancement devices are an effective treatment option for snoring, upper airway resistance syndrome, and obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)...
- Predictors for snoring in children with rhinitis at age 5Nathaniel S Marshall
Woolcock Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Pediatr Pulmonol 42:584-91. 2007b>Snoring is often found in allergic diseases and may be an early manifestation of more serious sleep-disordered breathing...
- Review of oral appliances for treatment of sleep-disordered breathingVictor Hoffstein
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, St Michael s Hospital, 30 Bond Street, Toronto, ON, Canada M5B 1W8
Sleep Breath 11:1-22. 2007..e. reduction in the apnea/hypopnea index or respiratory disturbance index), ability of oral appliances to reduce snoring, effect of oral appliances on daytime function, comparison of oral appliances with other treatments (continuous ..
- Automatic detection, segmentation and assessment of snoring from ambient acoustic dataW D Duckitt
Department of Electronic Engineering, University of Stellenbosch, Stellenbosch, South Africa
Physiol Meas 27:1047-56. 2006b>Snoring is a prevalent condition with a variety of negative social effects and associated health problems...
- Symptoms related to obstructive sleep apnoea are common in subjects with asthma, chronic bronchitis and rhinitis in a general populationL G Larsson
Department of Medicine, Sunderby Central Hospital of Norrbotten, Lulea, Sweden
Respir Med 95:423-9. 2001The purpose of this study was to examine the prevalence of self-reported snoring, apnoeas and daytime sleepiness in relation to chronic bronchitis, recurrent wheeze, physician-diagnosed asthma and rhinitis...
- A prospective randomized study comparing two different degrees of mandibular advancement with a dental appliance in treatment of severe obstructive sleep apneaMarie Louise Walker-Engström
Centre for Clinical Research, Central Hospital, Västerå, Sweden
Sleep Breath 7:119-30. 2003..6 at baseline to 8.0 at follow-up (p < 0.001). No significant difference was observed between the two groups. The results indicate that a dental appliance could be an alternative treatment for some patients with severe OSA...
- Uvulopalatal flap for snoring on an outpatient basisChairat Neruntarat
Department of Otolaryngology, Faculty of Medicine, Srinakharinwirot University, Vajira Hospital, 681 Sam saen Road, Bangkok 10300, Thailand
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 129:353-9. 2003b>Snoring is now seen as one end of a spectrum of sleep-related breathing disorders, and in its extreme form, snoring can cause obstructive sleep apnea syndrome...
- Obstructive sleep apnoea and strokeHenry Yaggi
Yale Center for Sleep Medicine, Department of Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Lancet Neurol 3:333-42. 2004..There is convincing evidence to believe that sleep apnoea is a modifiable risk factor for stroke; however, prospective studies are needed to establish the cause-and-effect relationship...
- Predictors of long-term orthodontic side effects from mandibular advancement devices in patients with snoring and obstructive sleep apneaMarie Marklund
Department of Orthodontics, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 129:214-21. 2006..can complicate the long-term use of mandibular advancement devices (MADs) in the treatment of patients with snoring and obstructive sleep apnea...
- Snoring in 9- to 15-year-old children: risk factors and clinical relevanceG M Corbo
Respiratory Physiology Department, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Pediatrics 108:1149-54. 2001Our objective was to investigate the occurrence of snoring in a general population sample of children and to evaluate the association with anthropometric data and clinical findings of oropharynx and nasal airways.
- Noninvasive measurement of heartbeat, respiration, snoring and body movements of a subject in bed via a pneumatic methodKajiro Watanabe
System Control Engineering Department, Faculty of Engineering, Hosei University, 3 7 2 Kajinocho Koganei, Tokyo 184 8584, Japan
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 52:2100-7. 2005We have developed a noninvasive pneumatics-based system by which to measure heartbeat, respiration, snoring, and body movements of a subject in bed...
- The association of self-reported sleep duration, difficulty sleeping, and snoring with cognitive function in older womenShelley S Tworoger
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 20:41-8. 2006We examined the association of sleep duration, snoring, and difficulty sleeping with cognitive function in a cohort of community-dwelling women...
- Risk factors associated with snoring in women with special emphasis on body mass index: a population-based studyMalin Svensson
Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Akademiska sjukhuset, SE 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Chest 129:933-41. 2006Habitual snoring may be regarded as an indicator of sleep-disordered breathing, and the health consequences of sleep-disordered breathing are well-known...
- Association of hypertension and sleep-disordered breathingE O Bixler
Department of Psychiatry, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey 17033
Arch Intern Med 160:2289-95. 2000....
- Palatal implants for the treatment of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea/hypopnea syndromeMichael Friedman
Department of Otolaryngology and Bronchoesophagology, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 138:209-16. 2008..Randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled, clinical trial to determine the effectiveness of palatal implants for treatment of mild/moderate obstructive sleep apnea/hypopnea syndrome (OSAHS)...
- Prevalence and risk factors of habitual snoring in primary school childrenAlbert M Li
Department of Pediatrics, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong
Chest 138:519-27. 2010Our study aimed to determine the prevalence of habitual snoring (HS) in primary school children and to evaluate the diurnal symptoms and conditions that may be associated with it.
- Sleep and neurobehavioral characteristics of 5- to 7-year-old children with parentally reported symptoms of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderLouise M O'Brien
Kosair Children s Hospital Research Institute, and Division of Pediatric Sleep Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky 40202, USA
Pediatrics 111:554-63. 2003..with reported symptoms of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and also determined the incidence of snoring and other sleep problems in 5- to 7-year-old children in the local community and potential relationships to ..
- Automatic breath and snore sounds classification from tracheal and ambient sounds recordingsAzadeh Yadollahi
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Manitoba, Chancelor St, Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3T 5V6 Telecommunication Research Labs TRLabs, Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3T 6A8
Med Eng Phys 32:985-90. 2010..The classification was also performed on sounds signals recorded simultaneously with an ambient microphone and the results were compared with those of the tracheal recording...
- Primary open angle glaucoma and snoring: prevalence of OSASE Blumen Ohana
Centre du Glaucome, CHNO des Quinze Vingts, 28, rue de Charenton, 75012 Paris, France
Eur Ann Otorhinolaryngol Head Neck Dis 127:159-64. 2010Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS) may be suspected at interview, notably in case of snoring. Various studies suggested a link between primary open angle glaucoma (POAG) and OSAS...
- Sleep patterns in late pregnancy and risk of preterm birth and fetal growth restrictionKaterina Micheli
Department of Social Medicine, University of Crete, Heraklion, Greece
Epidemiology 22:738-44. 2011During pregnancy, women are at particular risk for sleep deprivation and snoring because of the physiologic and hormonal changes of pregnancy...
- Self-reported snoring in pregnancy. Association with fetal outcomeD I Loube
Pulmonary Service, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Chest 109:885-9. 1996OBJECTIVES: To determine the incidence of self-reported snoring in pregnant compared with nonpregnant women. To compare indicators of fetal outcome in pregnant women with self-reported frequent snoring vs those without snoring...
- Effect of nasal spray, positional therapy, and the combination thereof in the asymptomatic snorerH M Braver
University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville
Sleep 17:516-21. 1994..Both the apnea-hypopnea index (AHI) and snoring were evaluated. Four consecutive nocturnal polysomnographic studies were done...
- Obstructive apnea hypopnea index estimation by analysis of nocturnal snoring signals in adultsNir Ben-Israel
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
Sleep 35:1299-305C. 2012..To develop a whole-night snore sounds analysis algorithm enabling estimation of obstructive apnea hypopnea index (AHI(EST)) among adult subjects...
- Pregnancy-onset habitual snoring, gestational hypertension, and preeclampsia: prospective cohort studyLouise M O'Brien
Department of Neurology, Sleep Disorders Center, University of Michigan School of Medicine, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 207:487.e1-9. 2012This study aimed to prospectively examine the impact of chronic vs pregnancy-onset habitual snoring on gestational hypertension, preeclampsia, and gestational diabetes.
- Energy types of snoring sounds in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome: a preliminary observationLi Ang Lee
Department of Otolaryngology, Sleep Center, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University, Taipei, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 7:e53481. 2012Annoying snore is the principle symptom and problem in obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS). However, investigation has been hampered by the complex snoring sound analyses.
- Five years of sleep apnea treatment with a mandibular advancement device. Side effects and technical complicationsJordi Martinez-Gomis
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Barcelona, Campus de Bellvitge, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Angle Orthod 80:30-6. 2010..To determine the variation in prevalence of temporomandibular disorders (TMD), other side effects, and technical complications during 5 years of sleep apnea treatment with a mandibular advancement device...
- Associations of self-reported sleep duration and snoring with colorectal cancer risk in men and womenXuehong Zhang
Channing Division of Network Medicine, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Sleep 36:681-8. 2013We assessed the relationship between sleep duration, snoring and colorectal cancer risk.
- Changes in occlusal contact area during oral appliance therapy assessed on study modelsHiroshi Ueda
Department of Orthodontics and Craniofacial Developmental Biology, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima, Japan
Angle Orthod 78:866-72. 2008..To test the hypothesis that long-term use of an oral appliance (OA) does not cause changes in the occlusal contact area (OCA)...
- The acoustics of snoringDirk Pevernagie
Kempenhaeghe Foundation, Sleep Medicine Centre, P O Box 61, 5590 AB Heeze, The Netherlands
Sleep Med Rev 14:131-44. 2010b>Snoring is a prevalent disorder affecting 20-40% of the general population. The mechanism of snoring is vibration of anatomical structures in the pharyngeal airway...
- Self-reported snoring, maternal obesity and neck circumference as risk factors for pregnancy-induced hypertension and preeclampsiaAhmet Ursavas
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, University of Uludag School of Medicine, Bursa, Turkey
Respiration 76:33-9. 2008..It is possible that occult disordered breathing during sleep may be a risk factor for the development of pregnancy-induced hypertension (PIH) and preeclampsia...
- Prevalence of snoring and witnessed apnea in Taiwanese adultsLi Pang Chuang
Sleep Center, Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan, R O C
Chang Gung Med J 31:175-81. 2008..This study prospectively assesses the complaints of SDB and related conditions via telephone interviews with individual older than fifteen in Taiwan to calculate a possible prevalence...
- Side effects of mandibular advancement devices for sleep apnea treatmentK M Fritsch
Pulmonary Division, Department of Internal Medicine, , , Switzerland
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 164:813-8. 2001..Mild side effects are common but rarely require intervention. Nevertheless, close follow-up during long-term therapy by OA is advisable in order to timely detect potentially relevant orthodontic changes...
- Heavy snoring as a cause of carotid artery atherosclerosisSharon A Lee
Ludwig Engel Centre for Respiratory Research, Westmead Hospital, Westmead, NSW, Australia
Sleep 31:1207-13. 2008Previous studies have suggested that snoring and obstructive sleep apnea hypopnea syndrome may be important risk factors for the development of carotid atherosclerosis and stroke...
- Validation assessment of the Chinese version of the Snore Outcomes SurveyNing Hung Chen
Sleep Center, Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Qual Life Res 11:601-7. 2002..33. The validation demonstrated only minor effects of language; the statistical properties of the CSOS were equivalent to the English version. The CSOS is a valid tool to evaluate adults with SDB among Chinese-speaking population...
- Continuous analysis and monitoring of snores and their relationship to the apnea-hypopnea indexJose Antonio Fiz
Hospital de Navarra, Fundación Miguel Servet, Pamplona, Navarra, Spain
Laryngoscope 120:854-62. 2010We used a new automatic snoring detection and analysis system to monitor snoring during full-night polysomnography to assess whether the acoustic characteristics of snores differ in relation to the apnea-hypopnea index (AHI) and to ..
- Analysed snoring sounds correlate to obstructive sleep disordered breathingMichael Herzog
Department of Oto Rhino Laryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Walther Rathenau Street 43 45, 17487, Greifswald, Germany
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 265:105-13. 2008b>Snoring occurs as a major symptom in patients with sleep disordered breathing (SDB). The aetiology of snoring remains still unclear despite various attempts to localize snoring...
- Snoring, witnessed sleep apnoeas and pregnancy-induced hypertensionDaniel Perez-Chada
Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital Universitario Austral, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 86:788-92. 2007b>Snoring is common in pregnancy, but there are only a few studies that have investigated the relationship of snoring and pregnancy complications...
- Sleep disturbances in pregnancyFrancesca L Facco
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Department of Neurology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Obstet Gynecol 115:77-83. 2010..To estimate the prevalence and patterns of sleep disturbances during pregnancy among healthy nulliparous women...
- Snoring and witnessed sleep apnea is related to diabetes mellitus in womenFredrik Valham
Department of Respiratory Medicine, University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Sleep Med 10:112-7. 2009Gender differences in the relationship of snoring and diabetes mellitus are mainly unknown...
- Vibration enhances interleukin-8 release in a cell model of snoring-induced airway inflammationFerranda Puig
Unitat de Biofisica i Bioenginyeria, Facultat de Medicina, Universitat de Barcelona IDIBAPS, Spain
Sleep 28:1312-6. 2005To test a cell model of snoring-induced airway inflammation and to assess whether a vibration stimulus simulating the one experienced by airway tissues in snoring patients induces inflammation in airway epithelial cells.
- Orthodontic side-effects of mandibular advancement devices during treatment of snoring and sleep apnoeaM Marklund
Department of Orthodontics, , , Sweden
Eur J Orthod 23:135-44. 2001..possible orthodontic side-effects following the use of mandibular advancement devices (MAD) in adults with snoring and sleep apnoea. A second objective was to analyse the effect of the appliance design...
- Simplifying STOP-BANG: use of a simple questionnaire to screen for OSA in an Asian populationThun How Ong
Sleep Disorders Unit, Singapore General Hospital, Outram Road, Singapore, 169608, Singapore
Sleep Breath 14:371-6. 2010..We aim to assess the utility of a simple-to-use 8-point questionnaire in screening for moderate-severe obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and to assess the validity of cutoffs used to score body mass index (BMI) in this questionnaire...
- Sound spectral analysis of snoring sound and site of obstruction in obstructive sleep apnea syndromeHuijie Xu
Department of Otolaryngology, Beijing Hospital, PR China
Acta Otolaryngol 130:1175-9. 2010This study demonstrates that there is a significant difference in sound spectrum between first snoring sound after upper level and lower level obstructive apneas, and it is possible to use sound spectrum analysis as a supplementary ..
- Snoring during early childhood and academic performance at ages thirteen to fourteen yearsD Gozal
Kosair Children s Hospital Research Institute, Department of Pediatrics, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Pediatrics 107:1394-9. 2001..Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome in young children is associated with an adverse effect on learning. However, the long-term impact of sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) during early childhood on learning remains unknown...
- Snoring as a risk factor for type II diabetes mellitus: a prospective studyWael K Al-Delaimy
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, 665 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Epidemiol 155:387-93. 2002To examine the association between snoring and risk of developing type II diabetes mellitus, the authors analyzed data from the Nurses' Health Study cohort...
- Portuguese-language version of the Epworth sleepiness scale: validation for use in BrazilAlessandra Naimaier Bertolazi
Santa Maria University Hospital, Federal University of Santa Maria, Santa Maria, Brazil
J Bras Pneumol 35:877-83. 2009..The aim of this study was to develop a Portuguese-language version of the Epworth sleepiness scale (ESS) for use in Brazil...
- The gender bias in sleep apnea diagnosis. Are women missed because they have different symptoms?T Young
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA
Arch Intern Med 156:2445-51. 1996..In this investigation, data from the Wisconsin Sleep Cohort Study, a community-based study of the natural history of sleep apnea, were used to determine whether women with sleep apnea have unique symptoms or complaints...
- Snoring, pregnancy-induced hypertension, and growth retardation of the fetusK A Franklin
Department of Respiratory Medicine, University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Chest 117:137-41. 2000Our purpose was to study the relationship between snoring and pregnancy-induced hypertension and growth retardation of the fetus.
- Snoring and sleep-disordered breathing in young children: subjective and objective correlatesHawley E Montgomery-Downs
Kosair Children s Hospital Research Institute, and Division of Pediatric Sleep Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Sleep 27:87-94. 2004We sought to assess the predictive validity of parental report of snoring and other behaviors by comparing such reports with objective findings from overnight polysomnography for the evaluation of sleep-disordered breathing in 2 ..
- Sleep-related breathing disorders, loud snoring and excessive daytime sleepiness in obese subjectsO Resta
Department of Clinical Methodology and Medical-Surgical Technologies, University of Bari, School of Medicine, Bari, Italy
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:669-75. 2001OBJECTIVE: To investigate the prevalence of sleep breathing disorders, loud snoring and excessive daytime sleepiness in a group of obese subjects, and to identify the predictors of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) severity in these patients...
- Longitudinal study of risk factors for habitual snoring in a general adult population: the Busselton Health StudyMatthew Knuiman
School of Population Health M431, The University of Western Australia, Nedlands, 6009 WA, Australia
Chest 130:1779-83. 2006The aim of this longitudinal study was to identify body size, behavioral, and respiratory risk factors for the development of habitual snoring in a general adult population.
- Snoring and risk of cardiovascular disease in womenF B Hu
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 35:308-13. 2000To examine prospectively the association between snoring and incidence of cardiovascular disease (CVD) in women.
- Sleep duration and snoring in relation to biomarkers of cardiovascular disease risk among women with type 2 diabetesCatherine J Williams
Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Diabetes Care 30:1233-40. 2007..We aim to determine whether sleep duration and/or snoring are associated with biomarkers of CVD in women with type 2 diabetes.
- Prevalence of snoring and symptoms of sleep-disordered breathing in primary school children in istanbulRefika Ersu
Marmara University, Atatlar Istanbul, Turkey
Chest 126:19-24. 2004b>Snoring during sleep is an important manifestation of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS)...
- Risk factors for snoring among Japanese men and women: a community-based cross-sectional studyMako Nagayoshi
Public Health, Department of Social and Environmental Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 Yamada, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Sleep Breath 15:63-9. 2011This study seeks to examine risk factors for snoring, a major symptom of sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) because the evidence is limited in Asian populations.
- Self-reported short sleep duration and frequent snoring in pregnancy: impact on glucose metabolismFrancesca L Facco
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 203:142.e1-5. 2010We sought to evaluate the impact of short sleep duration (SSD) and frequent snoring (FS) on glucose metabolism during pregnancy.
- Obstructive sleep apnea and cardiovascular disease: a perspective and future directionsAllan I Pack
Center for Sleep and Respiratory Neurobiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 3403, USA
Prog Cardiovasc Dis 51:434-51. 2009....
- Snoring in preschool children: prevalence, severity and risk factorsC E Kuehni
Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Eur Respir J 31:326-33. 2008Epidemiological data on snoring from preschool children are scarce, although habitual snoring (snoring on almost all nights) has been associated with poor long-term outcomes...
- Nasal surgery for snoring in patients with obstructive sleep apneaHsueh Yu Li
Department of Otolaryngology, Sleep Center, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University, Taipei, Taiwan
Laryngoscope 118:354-9. 2008To evaluate the efficacy of nasal surgery to relieve snoring and to identify predictive factors.
- Risk factors and natural history of habitual snoringMichael S Urschitz
Department of Neonatology, University Hospital of Tuebingen, Calwerstr 7, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Chest 126:790-800. 2004It has been suggested that habitual snoring (HS) has adverse health outcomes in children. We aimed to identify risk factors for HS and determine its natural history in primary school children.
- Treatment of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea with mandibular repositioning appliancesPeter A Cistulli
Department of Respiratory and Sleep Medicine, St George Hospital, University of New South Wales, Kogarah, Sydney, NSW 2217, Australia
Sleep Med Rev 8:443-57. 2004b>Snoring and obstructive sleep apnea form part of a spectrum of sleep disordered breathing affecting a significant proportion of the general population and particularly the middle aged...
- Role of snoring and daytime sleepiness in occupational accidentsE Lindberg
Department of Medical Sciences, Respiratory Medicine and Allergology, Akademiska sjukhuset, Uppsala, Sweden
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 164:2031-5. 2001To establish whether snoring and excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS), the main symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome, influence the risk of occupational accidents a population-based, prospective study was performed...
- Habitual snoring, OSA and craniofacial modification. Orthodontic clinical and diagnostic aspects in a case control studyA Caprioglio
School of Specialization in Orthognathodontics, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, University of Insubria, Varese
Minerva Stomatol 48:125-37. 1999..This research aims to analized the clinical and diagnostic aspects of OSA in the orthodontic research field...
- Snoring, hypertension and Type 2 diabetes in obesity. Protection by physical activityG Marchesini
Dipartimento di Medicina Intema e Gastroenterologia, Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 27:150-7. 2004..We studied the association of habitual snoring with diabetes, hypertension, weight cycling and physical activity in a large Italian database of treatment-..
- Prevalence of snoring and sleep-disordered breathing in a student populationD S Hui
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong
Chest 116:1530-6. 1999The prevalence of snoring and sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) in young adults in Southeast Asian countries is unknown...
- Validation of sleep nasendoscopy for assessment of snoring with bispectral index monitoringH Babar-Craig
Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital, 330 Grays Inn Road, London, WC1X 8DA, UK
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 269:1277-9. 2012..A prospective study of 30 patients with snoring undergoing sleep nasendoscopy with BIS monitoring was conducted...
- Mandibular advancement appliances and obstructive sleep apnoea: a randomized clinical trialChris D Johnston
Orthodontic Division, School of Clinical Dentistry, Queen s University of Belfast, Northern Ireland
Eur J Orthod 24:251-62. 2002..Questionnaires at baseline and after each appliance assessed bed-partners' reports of snoring severity (loudness and number of nights per week), and patients' daytime sleepiness (Epworth Sleepiness Score, ..
- Snoring is not associated with adverse effects on blood pressure, arterial structure or function in 8-year-old children: the Childhood Asthma Prevention Study (CAPS)Nathaniel S Marshall
Woolcock Institute of Medical Research, New South Wales, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 47:518-23. 2011To study the association between childhood snoring and cardiovascular risk factors.
- Cervical positional effects on snoring and apneasC A Kushida
Stanford University Sleep Disorders Clinic and Research Center, Stanford, California, 94305, USA
Sleep Res Online 2:7-10. 1999..Subjects with mild OSAS cases had a non-significant improvement in the severity of their snoring and a significant improvement in their respiratory disturbance index with the cervical pillow, while subjects ..
- Comparison of self- and spouse reports of snoring and other symptoms associated with sleep apnea syndromeC L Wiggins
New Mexico Tumor Registry, Albuquerque 87131
Sleep 13:245-52. 1990We compared self- and spouse reports of snoring and other symptoms of sleep apnea syndrome ascertained from married couples in a community-based survey...
- Validation of the snore outcomes survey for patients with sleep-disordered breathingRichard E Gliklich
Department of Otolaryngology and Clinical Outcomes Research Unit, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, 243 Charles St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 128:819-24. 2002..To develop and validate a self-reported outcomes measure for patients with sleep-disordered breathing-the Snore Outcomes Survey...
- Behavioural and neurocognitive implications of snoring and obstructive sleep apnoea in children: facts and theoryLouise M O'Brien
Kosair Children s Hospital Research Institute, Department of Pediatrics, University of Louisville School of Medicine, KY 40202, USA
Paediatr Respir Rev 3:3-9. 2002..This paper reviews the available information and attempts to provide the rationale for early diagnosis and treatment of OSA in children...
- Long-term compliance and side effects of oral appliances used for the treatment of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea syndromeFernanda Ribeiro de Almeida
Division of Orthodontics, Department of Oral Health Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Clin Sleep Med 1:143-52. 2005This study, by means of a mail survey, quantified the compliance with and side effects of the use of an oral appliance for more than five years in patients with snoring or obstructive sleep apnea.
- Sleep apnea monitoring and diagnosis based on pulse oximetry and tracheal sound signalsAzadeh Yadollahi
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Med Biol Eng Comput 48:1087-97. 2010..0001) between the outcomes of our system and those of the PSG. Also, the proposed method has been found to have sensitivity and specificity values of more than 91% in differentiating simple snorers from obstructive sleep apnea patients...
- Dental side effects of an oral device to treat snoring and obstructive sleep apneaC C Pantin
Department of Pulmonary Physiology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Nedlands, Western Australia
Sleep 22:237-40. 1999STUDY OBJECTIVES: Snoring and obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) are common and related conditions--with major social and health implications--which can be treated successfully with dental devices that reposition the mandible...
- High frequency region of the snore spectra carry important information on the disease of sleep apnoeaT Emoto
Institute of Technology and Science, The University of Tokushima, Japan
J Med Eng Technol 35:425-31. 2011b>Snoring is the most common symptom of obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA). Several researchers have reported differences between the power spectra of non-OSA and OSA snorers...
- Functional treatment of snoring based on the tongue-repositioning manoeuvreWilfried Engelke
Department of Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Gottingen, Germany
Eur J Orthod 32:490-5. 2010..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the influence of a TRM treatment concept on primary snoring. The TRM was used to achieve a closed biofunctional rest position of the orofacial system and to re-educate the ..
- Surgical treatment of snoring & obstructive sleep apnoeaHillel D Ephros
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Department of Dentistry, St Joseph s Regional Medical Center, Paterson, NJ, USA
Indian J Med Res 131:267-76. 2010..From a practical point of view, achieving these goals may be extremely difficult without patients' cooperation, most notably in the realm of weight loss and maintenance of a healthy lifestyle...
- Long-term sequellae of oral appliance therapy in obstructive sleep apnea patients: Part 2. Study-model analysisFernanda Ribeiro de Almeida
Division of Orthodontics, Department of Oral Health Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 129:205-13. 2006Side effects observed in the occlusion and dental arches of patients using an oral appliance (OA) to treat snoring or sleep apnea for more than 5 years have not yet been investigated.
- Injection snoreplasty: extended follow-up and new objective dataScott E Brietzke
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 128:605-15. 2003Injection snoreplasty was recently introduced as a safe, effective, and minimally invasive treatment for primary snoring. Extended follow-up data (19 months) are presented from the initial pilot study cohort, and pretreatment/..
- Multi-feature snore sound analysis in obstructive sleep apnea-hypopnea syndromeAsela S Karunajeewa
School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, Brisbane, Australia
Physiol Meas 32:83-97. 2011b>Snoring is the most common symptom of obstructive sleep apnea hypopnea syndrome (OSAHS), which is a serious disease with high community prevalence...
- Laser CO2 for snoring. Preliminary resultsY V Kamami
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Foch Hospital, Suresnes, Paris, France
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 44:451-6. 1990..is a new technique, safe and effective, ambulant, by local anesthetic spray, performed for the treatment of snoring. The LVPP is based on the progressive enlargement of the airspace in the oropharynx, to eliminate or reduce ..
- Acoustic analysis of snoring sounds by a multidimensional voice programHirotaka Hara
Department of Otolaryngology, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Ube, Yamaguchi, Japan
Laryngoscope 116:379-81. 2006This prospective study aimed to determine whether the acoustic characteristics of snoring sounds differed between simple snorers and patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS) by using a multidimensional voice program (MDVP) ..
- SLEEP ACADEMIC AWARD--RECOGNITION OF SLEEP DISORDERSKingman Strohl; Fiscal Year: 2002..This program will assess the impact of snoring and chronic sleepiness on results of common tests for promotion and competency before and after interventions ..
- The Impact of Sleep-Disordered Breathing on Adverse Pregnancy OutcomesLOUISE M O apos BRIEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..weight gain and other physiological changes during the short period of pregnancy may be associated with increased snoring, a well known marker for SDB risk...
- The Role of Circadian Periodicity in Human Cardiovascular Disease and DiabetesJohn P Forman; Fiscal Year: 2013..and potential interactions between circadian disruption (short sleep duration, rotating night shift work, snoring) and these variants have not been explored. Finally, the relation between elements of the circadian system (i.e...
- HYPOXIA AND CONTROL OF FETAL BREATHING MOVEMENTSBrian J Koos; Fiscal Year: 2010..Sleep apnea associated with snoring can also lead to significant oxygen deficiency in children and adults, which can result in stroke, high blood ..
- Sleep Disordered Breathing and Growth in Children: A Longitudinal Cohort StudyKaren Bonuck; Fiscal Year: 2009..the association between growth failures (GF) in children, and sleep disordered breathing (SDB) characterized by snoring, apnea, and mouth-breathing. Adenotonsillar hypertrophy is the primary factor leading to SDB in children...
- Crosslink augmentation to resist snoring and obstructive sleep apnea syndromeThomas P Hedman; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Snoring is a condition that affects people of all ages, with a reported prevalence of up to 48% of men and 34% of women...
- An objective snoring index and its association with carotid atherosclerosisJinYoung Kim; Fiscal Year: 2013..candidate's overall long-term goal is to become an independent investigator with a program of research on snoring and its association with cardiovascular disease and atherosclerosis...
- An objective snoring index and its association with carotid atherosclerosisJinYoung Kim; Fiscal Year: 2012..candidate's overall long-term goal is to become an independent investigator with a program of research on snoring and its association with cardiovascular disease and atherosclerosis...
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea in WTC Responders: Role of Nasal PathologyJag Sunderram; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, about 50% of those with UAD referred to our sleep center reported new onset snoring on their questionnaires immediately following their exposure and had unusually high prevalence of obstructive ..
- Use of PAP in women with pre-eclampsiaLOUISE M O'BRIEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..SDB is common, most often undiagnosed - especially in women - and treatable. Snoring, the hallmark symptom of SDB, is more frequent during pregnancy...
- Vascular Functions in Children with Sleep Disorder BreathingRaouf S Amin; Fiscal Year: 2010..by applicant): The pediatric syndrome of sleep disordered breathing (SDB) encompasses children with simple snoring, obstructive hypoventilation (OH), and varying degrees of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)...
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF CHILDHOOD OBSTRUCTIVE SLEEP APNEACarole L Marcus; Fiscal Year: 2012..conducting a cross-sectional, case control study that will compare obese, adolescent cases with OSAS to (i) non-snoring, BMI-matched obese controls and to (ii) non-obese, non-snoring controls...
- Pediatric Sleep Research ProgramRaouf S Amin; Fiscal Year: 2013..by applicant): The pediatric syndrome of sleep disordered breathing (SDB) encompasses children with simple snoring, obstructive hypoventilation (OH), and varying degrees of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)...
- Developing Novel Methods to Elucidate Mechanisms of Pediatric Sleep ApneaBrian M McGinley; Fiscal Year: 2013..Pharyngeal neuromechanical properties will be characterized in children with OSA compared to non snoring controls, before and after adenotonsillectomy (SA2) and in obese compared to non obese children (SA3) to ..
- Cognitive Function in Snoring ChildrenDavid Gozal; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, they may allow for future development of treatment-based clinical algorithms for snoring children that employ validated combinations of symptoms, ponderal status, physical findings, and biological ..
- Validation of Urinary Biomarkers in Diagnosis of Pediatric OSADavid Gozal; Fiscal Year: 2012..Habitual snoring (PS), the major symptom of OSA, affects 10-20% of children, and clinical history and physical examination are ..
- SoundTrak: A Data Acquisition and Analysis System for OSDBB Parker; Fiscal Year: 2009..is important to emphasize that these HFIS are different from the low-frequency (<2 kHz) sounds that describe snoring in adults...
- Oral Appliance Compliance &Efficacy (ACE) SystemMatthew D Tarler; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Snoring, a typical symptom of OSA is also a disruption to a sleeping partner with potentially similar clinical ..
- Nurses' Health Study: Short Sleep Duration and Risk of HypertensionJAMES GANGWISCH; Fiscal Year: 2009..effect modifiers of menopausal status, hormone replacement therapy, and shift work or the potential mediator of snoring. Previous cross sectional studies on the relationship between sleep duration and the prevalence of hypertension ..
- A System for Management of Nasal CPAP TherapyLAUGHTON MILES; Fiscal Year: 2006..Home-Hub" device that will also measure and record nasal airflow, airflow wave form, mask/mouth air leak, snoring, PAP pressure, patient compliance, subjective complaints, quality-of-life measures, and the integrity and ..
- ETHANOL AND RESPIRATORY DRIVE DURING SLEEPMerrill Mitler; Fiscal Year: 1991..underlying cardiopulmonary problems, especially those subjects with sleep-related respiratory symptoms such as snoring and sleep apnea...
- Optimization of an implant to treat sleep disordersAnja Metzger; Fiscal Year: 2003b>Snoring and obstructive sleep apnea are part of sleep disordered breathing (SDB) continuum. Beginning with mild snoring, this continuum progresses to obstructive sleep apnea in those most severely afflicted...
- DAYTIME SLEEPINESS--PREVALENCE, CONSEQUENCES, AND RISKSThomas Roth; Fiscal Year: 2003..g. snoring), but some that are inconsistent with the laboratory data (eg. depression)...
- SLEEP HEART HEALTH STUDYDavid Rapoport; Fiscal Year: 2003..3 percent are Asian, and 4.2 percent are Hispanic. In addition to PSG, data collection covered snoring and sleepiness and quality of life (QOL)...
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF SLEEP DISORDERED BREATHING IN CHILDRENSusan Redline; Fiscal Year: 2001..g., snoring, sleepy) from asymptomatic children...
- NOVEL SYSTEMS TO EVALUATE SLEEP APNEA AND VIGILANCEDANIEL LEVENDOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2001..ARES) is an integrated system including: a physiological data acquisition device for monitoring SpO2, pulse, snoring and head position, easily self-applied and comfortably worn overnight to screen for SA; software to identify ..
- Upper Airway Motor Control during Sleep in ChildrenEliot Katz; Fiscal Year: 2007..Habitual snoring is reported in 3-12% of the general pediatric population, although only 1-3% will have OSAS...
- Sleep-Health & Knowledge in U.S. HispanicsJOSE LOREDO; Fiscal Year: 2009..Little is known about the Sleep Health in Hispanics. In a previous report, the prevalence of snoring in a Hispanic-American population was high and was associated with excessive daytime somnolence and ..
- Outcomes of Sleep Disordered Breathing In AdolescentsSusan Redline; Fiscal Year: 2005..Preliminary analyses indicate that children with snoring or SDB perform more poorly on a number of tests of cognitive function, and have more behavioral morbidity than do ..
- In-Home Sleep Apnea Risk Evaluation SystemDANIEL LEVENDOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2001..comfortably worn throughout the night to collect high-quality physiological data to screen for SA (SpO2, pulse, snoring and head position), b) software designed to identify respiratory events and movement artifacts, c) a ..
- SoundTrak Data Acquisition and Analysis System for OSDBAARON OLOWIN; Fiscal Year: 2006unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Snoring, a symptom of increased upper airway resistance during sleep, is extremely common in children...
- A Device to Assess Sleep Breathing in Children at HomeJOHN SOTOS; Fiscal Year: 2007..In particular, the SleepCorder's ability to quantify snoring, which will be validated in Phase 1 of the proposed research, is uniquely valuable in the pediatric population, ..
- Device to Cancel Secondhand Snoring & for Sleep ResearchFREDERICK VOSBURGH; Fiscal Year: 2004..I effort, we will conduct a proof of concept (POC) test of technology for unobtrusively canceling the sound of snoring at the ears of a bed partner while permitting natural hearing of other sounds...
- COPD, Sleep Disturbances, and Quality of LifeLaura Herpel; Fiscal Year: 2006..changes in ventilation, oxygenation, and sleep architecture influence sleep related symptoms of insomnia, snoring, and daytime hypersomnolence in patients with COPD...
- Snoring, Early Behavior, and Oxidant StressHAWLEY MONTGOMERY DOWNS; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, it may provide insights into a potential mechanism for this morbidity. ..
- Postpartum Sleep Deprivation and Fragmentation: Effects on Maternal FunctioningHAWLEY MONTGOMERY DOWNS; Fiscal Year: 2008..The study results will help researchers develop better strategies for improving the sleep of new mothers, and in turn improving their ability to function effectively. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ROLE OF MELATONIN IN SECONDARY INSOMNIA IN THE ELDERLYNalaka Gooneratne; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Biobehavioral Measurements of Alertness in Sleep ApneaDANIEL LEVENDOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2004..The AP will provide physicians and epidemiological researchers and accurate determination of impact of SA on daytime alertness and performance. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: NOT AVAILABLE ..
- Melatonin Randomized Trial in Insomnia in the ElderlyNalaka Gooneratne; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Sleep Apnea Identification & Treatment in DentistryDANIEL LEVENDOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2008..I in working with the dental community to provide a comprehensive program that be implemented to facilitate early identification and efficacious treatment for patients with loud snoring and OSA. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]
- Effects of aging on sleep architectureNaresh Punjabi; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Longtitudinal Changes in Sleep Structure: Implications for Health OutcomesNaresh Punjabi; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Validation of In-Home Sleep Apnea Risk Evaluation SystemDANIEL LEVENDOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2003..to the forehead and comfortably worn throughout the night to collect data to screen for SA (Sp02, pulse, snoring and head position), b) software to identify respiratory events and distinguish movement artifacts, c) a ..
- EARLY IDENTIFICATION AND TREATMENT OF SLEEP APNEANaresh Punjabi; Fiscal Year: 2003..Punjabi the opportunity to reach his full potential as a clinical investigator. ..
- THE SLEEP HEART HEALTH STUDYNaresh Punjabi; Fiscal Year: 2007..Accomplishing these goals will provide important information concerning the public health impact of SDB. ..
- Validation of Apnea Risk Evaluation System Sleep ScoringDANIEL LEVENDOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- P20-Mediated Suppression of Vascular ForceChristopher Rembold; Fiscal Year: 2004..Many current treatments target smooth muscle to reduce tone. It is possible that targeting the force suppression pathway (i.e. p20) might provide comparable benefits. ..
- CHOLINERGIC ASPECTS OF THE CAROTID BODY IN SLEEP APNEACHRISTOPHER O DONNELL; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Cognitive Impairment Influences Gait in AgingBruno Giordani; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Longitudinal Study--Sleep-Disordered Breathing/PregnancyGrace Pien; Fiscal Year: 2006..b>Snoring, which is a common symptom of SDB, is a frequent complaint among pregnant women, experienced on a habitual b y as ..
- Family Linkage Study of Obstructive Sleep ApneaAllan Pack; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) in obese teens & preteens: Neurobahavioral effectsDean Beebe; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- The Role of Prolactin in the Etiology of Postmenopausal Breast CancerShelley Tworoger; Fiscal Year: 2008..This potentially may affect public health by increasing our understanding of how breast cancer develops, which in turn can lead to a better understanding of how to prevent this disease. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetic Mechanisms for Central ApneasKingman Strohl; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Post Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) DepressionVani Rao; Fiscal Year: 2008..All three hypotheses will hold true at each time point, even when gender, personal past psychiatric history, family history, and alcohol/substance abuse/depedence are adjusted for in the analysis. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Environmental Determinants of Sleep Disturbance: Role of Ambient Air PollutionJiu Chiuan Chen; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Protective Factors in Urban Children with AsthmaDaphne Koinis Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2006..Results will be used to design a culturally sensitive asthma intervention to enhance asthma management behaviors of ethnic minority, urban and poor families. ..
- Pathogenesis and Genetics of Obstructive Sleep ApneaRichard Schwab; Fiscal Year: 2006..To address these specific aims, we have planned a logical series of studies that will provide insight in the pathogenesis of obstructive sleep apnea and the anatomic risk factors for this condition. ..
- Pathways Linking Reduced Sleep Duration and Quality to Obesity RiskEsra Tasali; Fiscal Year: 2009..A multi-disciplinary group of expert investigators will collaborate to test the role of specific pathways in the link between short/poor sleep and the increased risk of obesity. ..
- Exercise & Overweight Children's Cognition & AchievementCatherine Davis; Fiscal Year: 2006..If 40 min/d are required to improve children's cognitive function, then larger-scale interventions, such as community, lifestyle and after-school physical activity programs may also be necessary to promote cognitive development. ..
- DEVELOPMENTAL PLASTICITY IN VENTILATORY CONTROLGordon Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2001..Further understanding of mechanism(s) that underlie developmental plasticity with its associated functional impairments may provide the rationale for therapeutic intervention, thereby enhancing functional recovery. ..