Genomes and Genes
Summary: Painful menstruation.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications249 found, 100 shown here
- Dysmenorrhea in adolescents and young adults: etiology and managementZeev Harel
Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Division of Adolescent Medicine Hasbro Children s Hospital and Department of Pediatrics, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 19:363-71. 2006b>Dysmenorrhea is the most common gynecologic complaint among adolescent and young adult females...
- Systematic review of clinical trials of acupuncture-related therapies for primary dysmenorrheaHuan Yang
School of Acupuncture and Moxibustion, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, Beijing, China
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 87:1114-22. 2008Acupuncture-related therapies might be an effective intervention for primary dysmenorrhea.
- Combination treatment for menstrual migraine and dysmenorrhea using sumatriptan-naproxen: two randomized controlled trialsLisa K Mannix
Headache Associates, West Chester, Ohio, USA
Obstet Gynecol 114:106-13. 2009To evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of sumatriptan-naproxen during the mild pain phase of a single menstrual migraine attack associated with dysmenorrhea.
- Oral contraceptives and endometriosis: the past use of oral contraceptives for treating severe primary dysmenorrhea is associated with endometriosis, especially deep infiltrating endometriosisCharles Chapron
Service de Gynécologie Obstétrique II and Reproductive Medicine, Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Groupe Hospitalier Universitaire Ouest, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Cochin Saint Vincent de Paul, Paris, France
Hum Reprod 26:2028-35. 2011..We therefore compared various characteristics of OC use and the surgical diagnosis of endometriosis histologically graded as superficial peritoneal endometriosis (SUP), ovarian endometrioma (OMA) or deep infiltrating endometriosis (DIE)...
- DysmenorrheaLinda French
Department of Family Practice, Michigan State University, College of Human Medicine, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
Am Fam Physician 71:285-91. 2005b>Dysmenorrhea is the leading cause of recurrent short-term school absence in adolescent girls and a common problem in women of reproductive age...
- Primary dysmenorrhea: advances in pathogenesis and managementM Yusoff Dawood
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Physiology, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, 26508 9186, USA
Obstet Gynecol 108:428-41. 2006Primary dysmenorrhea is painful menstrual cramps without any evident pathology to account for them, and it occurs in up to 50% of menstruating females and causes significant disruption in quality of life and absenteeism...
- Abnormal cerebral metabolism during menstrual pain in primary dysmenorrheaCheng Hao Tu
Institute of Neuroscience, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Neuroimage 47:28-35. 2009Primary dysmenorrhea (PDM, menstrual pain without pelvic abnormality) is the most common gynecological disorder for women in the reproductive age...
- Epidemiology of dysmenorrhoea among adolescent students in Mansoura, EgyptA H el-Gilany
Department of Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Mansoura, Mansoura, Egypt
East Mediterr Health J 11:155-63. 2005..4% of student with dysmenorrhoea, but this was significantly more reported by students with severe dysmenorrhoea. Significant predictors of dysmenorrhoea were older age, irregular or long cycle and heavy bleeding...
- Pain relief assessment by aromatic essential oil massage on outpatients with primary dysmenorrhea: a randomized, double-blind clinical trialMing Chiu Ou
Department of Applied Cosmetology, Hungkuang University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 38:817-22. 2012This study assessed the effectiveness of blended essential oils on menstrual cramps for outpatients with primary dysmenorrhea and explored the analgesic ingredients in the essential oils.
- Dysmenorrhea in adolescentsZeev Harel
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Hasbro Children s Hospital, 593 Eddy Street, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1135:185-95. 2008b>Dysmenorrhea is the most common gynecologic complaint among adolescent females. Dysmenorrhea in adolescents is usually primary, and is associated with normal ovulatory cycles and with no pelvic pathology...
- Pain and ovarian endometrioma recurrence after laparoscopic treatment of endometriosis: a long-term prospective studyMaria Grazia Porpora
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Rome Sapienza, Viale Regina Elena, 324 00161 Rome, Italy
Fertil Steril 93:716-21. 2010..To identify prognostic factors for pain and endometrioma recurrence after complete laparoscopic excision of endometrioma(s)...
- Prevalence of dysmenorrhea and its effect on quality of life among a group of female university studentsAlaettin Unsal
Eskisehir Osmangazi University, Public Health Department, Meselik Eskisehir, Turkey
Ups J Med Sci 115:138-45. 2010The objective was to evaluate the prevalence of dysmenorrhea and determine its effect on health-related quality of life (HRQoL) among a group of female university students...
- Valdecoxib for treatment of primary dysmenorrhea. A randomized, double-blind comparison with placebo and naproxenStephen E Daniels
SCIREX Corporation, 3200 Red River, Suite 300, Austin, TX 78705, USA
J Gen Intern Med 20:62-7. 2005To compare the analgesic efficacy of valdecoxib with placebo and naproxen sodium for relieving menstrual cramping and pain due to primary dysmenorrhea.
- Continuous low-level topical heat in the treatment of dysmenorrheaM D Akin
Health Quest Therapy and Research Institute, Austin, Texas, USA
Obstet Gynecol 97:343-9. 2001..5 hours) compared with the unheated patch plus ibuprofen group (median 2.79 hours, P =.01). CONCLUSION: Continuous low-level topical heat therapy was as effective as ibuprofen for the treatment of dysmenorrhea.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and hormonal contraceptives for pain relief from dysmenorrhea: a reviewHans Peter Zahradnik
Clinic for Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine, University Hospital Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Contraception 81:185-96. 2010This article is a comprehensive overview of dysmenorrhea and a systematic review of the available literature on the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and hormonal contraceptives for the therapy and management of ..
- Painful menstruationJohn Tzafettas
2nd Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, Greece
Pediatr Endocrinol Rev 3:160-3. 2006..Plasma levels of vasopressin appear to be higher in women with dysmenorrhea suggesting a possible aetiological role in the uterine prostaglandin synthesis...
- Dysmenorrhea and its severity are associated with increased uterine contractility and overexpression of oxytocin receptor (OTR) in women with symptomatic adenomyosisSun Wei Guo
Shanghai OB GYN Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Fertil Steril 99:231-40. 2013..MSMCs) derived from uterine tissues from women with and without adenomyosis correlate OTR expression with uterine contractility and dysmenorrhea severity, and see whether trichostatin A (TSA) and andrographolide inhibit OTR expression.
- Prevalence of endometriosis diagnosed by laparoscopy in adolescents with dysmenorrhea or chronic pelvic pain: a systematic reviewE B Janssen
Leuven University Fertility Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital Leuven, Herestraat 49, Leuven 3000, Belgium
Hum Reprod Update 19:570-82. 2013..laparoscopic investigation, 75% (237/314) in girls with CPP resistant to treatment, 70% (102/146) in girls with dysmenorrhea and 49% (204/420) in girls with CPP that is not necessarily resistant to treatment...
- Effect of acupressure at the Sanyinjiao point on primary dysmenorrhea: a randomized controlled trialFarzaneh Kashefi
Northern Khorasan University of Medical Sciences, Bojnoord, Iran
Complement Ther Clin Pract 16:198-202. 2010We conducted this study to assess the effect of acupressure at the Sanyinjiao point on primary dysmenorrhea.
- Dysmenorrhea in adolescents: diagnosis and treatmentLinda French
Department of Family Medicine, University of Toledo, College of Medicine, Toledo, Ohio 43614, USA
Paediatr Drugs 10:1-7. 2008b>Dysmenorrhea occurs in the majority of adolescent girls and is the leading cause of recurrent short-term school absence in this group...
- A randomized clinical trial of the effectiveness of an acupressure device (relief brief) for managing symptoms of dysmenorrheaDiana Taylor
Department of Family Health Care Nursing, School of Nursing, University of California San Francisco, 94143 0606, USA
J Altern Complement Med 8:357-70. 2002To develop and test the safety and effectiveness of an acupressure garment (the Relief Brief) in decreasing the pain and symptom distress associated with dysmenorrhea.
- Prevalence and severity of dysmenorrhea: a problem related to menstruation, among first and second year female medical studentsAmita Singh
Department of Physiology, S S Medical College, Rewa
Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 52:389-97. 2008b>Dysmenorrhea is the most common of gynecologic complaints. It affects half of all female adolescents today and represents the leading cause of periodic college/school absenteeism among that population...
- Guaifenesin as a treatment for primary dysmenorrheaJennifer S Marsden
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Darnall Army Community Hospital, Fort Hood, Texas
J Am Board Fam Pract 17:240-6. 2004b>Dysmenorrhea is highly prevalent and causes much work loss and discomfort. A treatment with a new mechanism of action could benefit women of menstruating age...
- DysmenorrhoeaSue Reddish
The Jean Hailes Medical Centre for Women s Health, Victoria
Aust Fam Physician 35:842-4, 846-9. 2006..On the other, just as the ancients observed taboos of menstruation, many women (and men) today are still influenced by outdated negative messages...
- Influence of dietary intake of dairy products on dysmenorrheaKhalid K Abdul-Razzak
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 36:377-83. 2010To determine the frequency of dysmenorrhea and its associated symptoms amongst a number of adolescent female students and to investigate the possible association between daily dairy product intake and dysmenorrhea.
- Reproductive hormones in plasma over the menstrual cycle in primary dysmenorrhea compared with healthy subjectsRagner Liedman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Lund, Lund, Sweden
Gynecol Endocrinol 24:508-13. 2008The pathogenesis of primary dysmenorrhea is still poorly understood. The objective of the present investigation was to study differences in plasma concentrations of reproductive hormones in women with primary dysmenorrhea vs...
- Effects of acupressure on dysmenorrhea and skin temperature changes in college students: a non-randomized controlled trialEun Mi Jun
Department of Nursing, College of Natural Science, Dong Eui University, Kaya dong, Pusan, Republic of Korea
Int J Nurs Stud 44:973-81. 2007Complementary and alternative therapies may be adopted as nursing interventions to alleviate dysmenorrhea and improve productivity, creativity, work performance, and quality of life.
- [Study on the underlying mechanism of acupuncture in regulating neuroendocrine activity in dysmenorrhea rats]Fang Liu
Institute of Integrated Chinese and Western Medicine, Tongji Hospital Affiliated to Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
Zhen Ci Yan Jiu 34:3-8. 2009To observe the influence of acupuncture on neuroendocrine in rats with primary dysmenorrhea, so as to explore its underlying mechanism in relieving dysmenorrhea.
- Low-dose oral contraceptive pill for dysmenorrhea associated with endometriosis: a placebo-controlled, double-blind, randomized trialTasuku Harada
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tottori University School of Medicine, Yonago, Japan
Fertil Steril 90:1583-8. 2008To evaluate the efficacy of a low-dose oral contraceptive pill (OCP) for patients with dysmenorrhea associated with endometriosis.
- Prevalence of primary dysmenorrhea in young adult female university studentsAytac Polat
Department of Family Medicine, Firat University, Medical School, Elazig, Turkey
Arch Gynecol Obstet 279:527-32. 2009To determine the prevalence of primary dysmenorrhea and attitudes and behavior toward dysmenorrhea in the female students of an university toward this problem.
- Primary dysmenorrhea consensus guidelineGuylaine Lefebvre
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 27:1117-46. 2005..Recommendations were established as consensus statements. The final document was reviewed and approved by the Executive and Council of the SOGC...
- Self-treatment patterns among adolescent girls with dysmenorrheaKatharine O'Connell
Columbia University Medical Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 19:285-9. 2006To describe both non-pharmacologic and pharmacologic treatments used by adolescents with dysmenorrhea.
- Evaluation of the effects of Neptune Krill Oil on the management of premenstrual syndrome and dysmenorrheaFotini Sampalis
Department of Experimental Surgery, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Altern Med Rev 8:171-9. 2003To evaluate the effectiveness of Neptune Krill Oil (NKO) for the management of premenstrual syndrome and dysmenorrhea.
- Managing primary dysmenorrheaElizabeth Doty
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 19:341-4. 2006
- Relation between severity of dysmenorrhea and endometriomaNicolas Chopin
Universite Rene Descartes, Paris V, Paris, France
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 85:1375-80. 2006To evaluate the relationship between the severity of dysmenorrhea and endometrioma.
- Evaluation of menstrual pain management approaches by Northeastern Anatolian adolescentsGulsen Eryilmaz
School of Nursing, Ataturk University, Erzurum, Turkey
Pain Manag Nurs 10:40-7. 2009..05 +/- 1.05 years of age). We investigated the characteristics of dysmenorrhea in adolescents, dysmenorrhea management strategies used by adolescents, and use of medication...
- Continuous use of an oral contraceptive for endometriosis-associated recurrent dysmenorrhea that does not respond to a cyclic pill regimenPaolo Vercellini
Clinica Ostetrica e Ginecologica I, Istituto Luigi Mangiagalli, University of Milano, Milan, Italy
Fertil Steril 80:560-3. 2003To ascertain whether long-term reduction of pain is obtained by continuous administration of an oral contraceptive (OC) in women with endometriosis-associated recurrent dysmenorrhea that does not respond to cyclic OC use.
- The association of dysmenorrhea with noncyclic pelvic pain accounting for psychological factorsAllyson M Westling
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, NorthShore University Healthsystem, Evanston, IL
Am J Obstet Gynecol 209:422.e1-422.e10. 2013The factors that underlie pelvic pain are poorly understood. Specifically, the relative influence of dysmenorrhea and psychological factors in the etiology of noncyclic pelvic pain conditions, such as interstitial cystitis and irritable ..
- Evaluation and management of dysmenorrhea in adolescentsJoseph Sanfilippo
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Magee Women s Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 51:257-67. 2008..b>Dysmenorrhea, or painful menses, is the most common gynecologic complaint among adolescent and young adult females and is ..
- Passive smoking, Cyp1A1 gene polymorphism and dysmenorrheaHong Liu
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, China
Reprod Toxicol 24:114-9. 2007This study investigated whether the association between passive smoking exposure and dysmenorrhea is modified by two susceptibility genes, CYP1A1MspI and CYP1A1HincII.
- Laparoscopic removal of the cavitated noncommunicating rudimentary uterine horn: surgical aspects in 10 casesLuigi Fedele
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ospedale San Paolo, University of Milano, Milan, Italy
Fertil Steril 83:432-6. 2005..To report our experience on laparoscopic resection of the cavitated noncommunicating rudimentary horn in 10 patients with unicornuate uterus...
- [Study on effects of acupuncture on mice dysmenorrhea model and the mechanism]Ya Qin Yang
Institute of Integrated Chinese and Western Medicine, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 28:119-21. 2008To probe the mechanism of acupuncture in treatment of dysmenorrhea.
- Menstrual symptoms in adolescent girls: association with smoking, depressive symptoms, and anxietyLorah D Dorn
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Adolesc Health 44:237-43. 2009b>Dysmenorrhea affects quality of life and contributes to absenteeism from school and work, thereby diminishing opportunities for successful psychosocial and cognitive development during adolescence...
- Long-term effectiveness of presacral neurectomy for the treatment of severe dysmenorrhea due to endometriosisFulvio Zullo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Magna Graecia, Catanzaro, Italy
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 11:23-8. 2004To assess the long-term effectiveness of presacral neurectomy (PSN) in women with severe dysmenorrhea due to endometriosis treated with conservative laparoscopic surgical intervention.
- Pertubation with lignocaine as a new treatment of dysmenorrhea due to endometriosis: a randomized controlled trialK Wickstrom
Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Hum Reprod 27:695-701. 2012Endometriosis is a chronic inflammatory disease of unknown aetiology that can cause severe dysmenorrhea. Lignocaine has anti-inflammatory properties and exerts effects on nerve endings and intra-peritoneal macrophages...
- Changes in salivary prostaglandin levels during menstrual migraine with associated dysmenorrheaPaul L Durham
Center for Biomedical and Life Sciences, Missouri State University, Springfield, MO 65806, USA
Headache 50:844-51. 2010To measure prostaglandin levels in the saliva of individuals during menstrual migraine associated with dysmenorrhea (MMaD) and in response to treatment with a single tablet combination of sumatriptan succinate and naproxen sodium.
- Effect of Zingiber officinale R. rhizomes (ginger) on pain relief in primary dysmenorrhea: a placebo randomized trialParvin Rahnama
Department of Midwifery, Herbal Research Center, Shahed University, Tehran, Iran
BMC Complement Altern Med 12:92. 2012..rhizome (ginger) is a popular spice that has traditionally been used to combat the effects of various inflammatory diseases. The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of ginger on pain relief in primary dysmenorrhea.
- De-qi, not psychological factors, determines the therapeutic efficacy of acupuncture treatment for primary dysmenorrheaJin Xiong
Institute of Integrated Traditional and Western Medicine, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, 430030, China
Chin J Integr Med 18:7-15. 2012..study the impact of De-qi (, obtaining qi) and psychological factors on the efficacy of acupuncture treatment for primary dysmenorrhea, with an attempt to explore the relationship among De-qi, psychological factors, and clinical efficacy.
- [Efficacy observation of primary dysmenorrhea treated with isolated-herbal moxibustion on Shenque (CV 8)]Ying Zhu
Acupuncture Moxibustion Department of Ruikang Hospital Affiliated to Guangxi College of TCM, Nanning 530011, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 30:453-5. 2010To observe the clinical efficacy on primary dysmenorrhea treated with isolated herbal moxibustion on Shenque (CV 8).
- Diet and sex-hormone binding globulin, dysmenorrhea, and premenstrual symptomsN D Barnard
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC, USA
Obstet Gynecol 95:245-50. 2000To test the hypothesis that a low-fat, vegetarian diet reduces dysmenorrhea and premenstrual symptoms by its effect on serum sex-hormone binding globulin concentration and estrogen activity.
- A multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial evaluating the efficacy and safety of a far infrared-emitting sericite belt in patients with primary dysmenorrheaChae Hyeong Lee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dongguk University Ilsan Hospital, College of Medicine, Dongguk University, Siksa dong, Goyang, Gyeonggi Do, Republic of Korea
Complement Ther Med 19:187-93. 2011To determine the efficacy and safety of a sericite which emits far infrared rays in the management of primary dysmenorrhea.
- Immediate analgesia effect of single point acupuncture in primary dysmenorrhea: a randomized controlled trialCun Zhi Liu
School of Acupuncture and Moxibustion, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, Beijing, China
Pain Med 12:300-7. 2011Acupuncture is often used for primary dysmenorrhea.
- The effects of acupressure on primary dysmenorrhea: a randomized controlled trialNeda Mirbagher-Ajorpaz
Kashan University of Medical Sciences, Medical Surgical Nursing Department, Kashan, Iran
Complement Ther Clin Pract 17:33-6. 2011The current study was conducted to evaluate the effect of acupressure on primary dysmenorrhea in Iranian medical sciences students.
- Elevated immunoreactivity of RANTES and CCR1 correlate with the severity of stages and dysmenorrhea in women with deep infiltrating endometriosisYanfeng Yang
Department of Gynecology, Women s Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, People s Republic of China
Acta Histochem 115:434-9. 2013..RANTES/CCR1 increased significantly according to the severity of dysmenorrhea. RANTES and CCR1 together may provide a potential biomarker for DIE-related pain and inflammatory response in ..
- Increased serum asymmetric dimethylarginine levels in primary dysmenorrheaNermin Akdemir
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, HM Kecioren Research and Education Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Gynecol Obstet Invest 69:153-6. 2010Primary dysmenorrhea is a common disorder among young women, and uterine ischemia plays an important role in pelvic pain. Asymmetric dimethylarginine (ADMA) is accepted as a strong marker of endothelial dysfunction.
- Effect of three yoga poses (cobra, cat and fish poses) in women with primary dysmenorrhea: a randomized clinical trialZahra Rakhshaee
Department of Midwifery, Islamic Azad University, Rasht Branch, Rasht, Iran
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 24:192-6. 2011We have evaluated the clinical efficacy of yoga for primary dysmenorrhea. Primary dysmenorrhea occurs in 50% of female adolescents and is a common problem in women of reproductive age...
- A comparative study on the immediate effects of electroacupuncture at Sanyinjiao (SP6), Xuanzhong (GB39) and a non-meridian point, on menstrual pain and uterine arterial blood flow, in primary dysmenorrhea patientsYu Xia Ma
Shandong University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Jinan, China
Pain Med 11:1564-75. 2010The objective of this study was to compare the effects of Sanyinjiao (SP6), Xuanzhong (GB39), and an adjacent non-meridian point on menstrual pain and uterine arterial blood flow in primary dysmenorrhea patients.
- Altered cytokine gene expression in peripheral blood monocytes across the menstrual cycle in primary dysmenorrhea: a case-control studyHongyue Ma
Jiangsu Key Laboratory for TCM Formulae Research, Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine, Nanjing, China
PLoS ONE 8:e55200. 2013Primary dysmenorrhea is one of the most common gynecological complaints in young women, but potential peripheral immunologic features underlying this condition remain undefined...
- Effectiveness of transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation and interferential current in primary dysmenorrheaNazan Tugay
Department of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation, Mugla School of Health Sciences, Mugla University, Mugla, Turkey
Pain Med 8:295-300. 2007To compare the effectiveness of transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation and interferential current in primary dysmenorrhea.
- Time elapsed from onset of symptoms to diagnosis of endometriosis in a cohort study of Brazilian womenM S Arruda
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, Brazil
Hum Reprod 18:756-9. 2003..The study aim was to assess the time elapsed between onset of symptoms and diagnosis of endometriosis, and to identify the factors associated with diagnostic delay in a group of Brazilian women...
- The effect of fennel essential oil on uterine contraction as a model for dysmenorrhea, pharmacology and toxicology studyS N Ostad
Department of Toxicology and Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Tehran Medical Sciences, PO Box 14155 6451, Tehran, Iran
J Ethnopharmacol 76:299-304. 2001Increasing the ectopic uterine motility is the major reason for primary dysmenorrhea. This motility is the basis for several symptoms including for pain is the main complaints of patients with primary dysmenorrhea...
- Effects of a heat- and steam-generating sheet on relieving symptoms of primary dysmenorrhea in young womenTakayoshi Hosono
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Osaka Electro Communication University, Shijonawate, Osaka, Japan
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 36:818-24. 2010To test the efficacy of heat- and steam-generating (HSG) sheets for the relief of symptoms of primary dysmenorrhea in young women.
- A double-blind, randomised, crossover study of two doses of a single-tablet combination of ibuprofen/paracetamol and placebo for primary dysmenorrhoeaRonald Eccles
Common Cold Centre and Healthcare Clinical Trials, Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 26:2689-99. 2010....
- Dysmenorrhea among Japanese womenS Ohde
Clinical Practice Evaluation and Research Center, St Luke s Life Science Institute, St Luke s International Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 100:13-7. 2008To investigate the epidemiology of dysmenorrhea in Japanese women of menstrual age.
- A study of serum malondialdehyde and interleukin-6 levels in young women with dysmenorrhea in TaiwanMei Ling Yeh
National Taipei College of Nursing, No 365, Ming Te Road, Peitou 112, Taipei, Taiwan
Life Sci 75:669-73. 2004The purpose of this study was to examine whether the symptoms of dysmenorrhea in young women were related to serum malondialdehyde (MDA) and interleukin-6 (IL-6) levels...
- Comparison of effects of ginger, mefenamic acid, and ibuprofen on pain in women with primary dysmenorrheaGiti Ozgoli
Nursing and Midwifery School, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Altern Complement Med 15:129-32. 2009To compare the effects of ginger, mefenamic acid, and ibuprofen on pain in women with primary dysmenorrhea.
- [Randomized controlled clinical study on ginger-partitioned moxibustion for patients with cold-damp stagnation type primary dysmenorrhea]Li Hong Sun
College of Chinese Medicine, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050091, China
Zhen Ci Yan Jiu 34:398-402. 2009To observe the effect of ginger-partitioned moxibustion in the treatment of patients with primary dysmenorrhea (PD) of cold-damp stagnation type.
- Comparison of the efficacy and safety of nonprescription doses of naproxen and naproxen sodium with ibuprofen, acetaminophen, and placebo in the treatment of primary dysmenorrhea: a pooled analysis of five studiesIan Milsom
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Clin Ther 24:1384-400. 2002b>Dysmenorrhea is the most common menstrual complaint in young women, with a prevalence as high as 90%. It is responsible for substantial repeated short-term absenteeism from school and work in young women...
- Dysmenorrhea in a multiethnic population of adolescent Asian girlsLi Ping Wong
Medical Education and Research Development Unit, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 108:139-42. 2010To determine the prevalence of dysmenorrhea, its impact, and the treatment-seeking behavior of adolescent Asian girls.
- Effects of SP6 acupressure on pain and menstrual distress in young women with dysmenorrheaC L Wong
Room 621, Esther Lee Building, The Nethersole School of Nursing, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong SAR
Complement Ther Clin Pract 16:64-9. 2010This study aims to evaluate the effects of Sanyinjiao (SP6) acupressure in reducing the pain level and menstrual distress resulting from dysmenorrhea.
- Randomized controlled trial assessing a traditional Chinese medicine remedy in the treatment of primary dysmenorrheaStephen Kennedy
Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Oxford, Oxford, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 86:762-4. 2006..study to assess the safety and efficacy of a traditional Chinese medicine formula as treatment for primary dysmenorrhea showed no statistically significant benefit over placebo...
- Prevalence and impact of primary dysmenorrhea among Mexican high school studentsMario I Ortiz
Área Académica de Medicina del Instituto de Ciencias de la Salud, Universidad Autonoma del Estado de Hidalgo, Pachuca, Hidalgo, Mexico
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 107:240-3. 2009To evaluate factors affecting the prevalence of dysmenorrhea in a group of Mexican students.
- Evaluation of a low-dose oral contraceptive pill for primary dysmenorrhea: a placebo-controlled, double-blind, randomized trialTasuku Harada
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tottori University School of Medicine, Yonago, Japan
Fertil Steril 95:1928-31. 2011To evaluate the efficacy and safety of low-dose oral contraceptives (IKH-01; 0.035 mg ethinyl estradiol and 1 mg norethisterone) for patients with primary dysmenorrhea.
- [Influence of ginger-partitioned moxibustion on serum NO and plasma endothelin-1 contents in patients with primary dysmenorrhea of cold-damp stagnation type]Ji jun Yang
College of Chinese Medicine, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050091, China
Zhen Ci Yan Jiu 33:409-12. 2008To explore the mechanism of ginger-partitioned moxibustion in the treatment of cold-damp stagnation type primary dysmenorrhea (PD) patients.
- [Observation on ear point taping and pressing therapy for treatment of primary dysmenorrhea]Ren Ding Wu
Rehabilitation Section, Yongchun Hospital of Quanzhou City, Fujian 362600, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 27:815-7. 2007To observe therapeutic effect and prognosis of ear point taping and pressing therapy for primary dysmenorrhea.
- Prevalence and correlates of three types of pelvic pain in a nationally representative sample of Australian womenMarian K Pitts
Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Med J Aust 189:138-43. 2008..To identify the prevalence and correlates of three types of pelvic pain (dysmenorrhoea, dyspareunia, and other chronic pelvic pain [CPP]) in a nationally representative sample of Australian women...
- Actigraphy quantifies reduced voluntary physical activity in women with primary dysmenorrheaIngrid Chantler
Brain Function Research Group, School of Physiology, University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
J Pain 10:38-46. 2009..was able to detect and measure the reduced physical activity reported by women with moderate to severe primary dysmenorrhea. Twelve young women with a history of primary dysmenorrhea and 12 young women without a history of dysmenorrhea ..
- Acupoint stimulation intervention for people with primary dysmenorrhea: Systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized trialsYu Chu Chung
School of Nursing, National Taipei University of Nursing and Health Sciences, No 365 Minte Road, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Complement Ther Med 20:353-63. 2012Primary dysmenorrhea is a common gynecologic complain in women of reproductive age. Acupoint stimulation therapies might be an effective intervention for primary dysmenorrhea.
- Predictors of dysmenorrhea and self-care behavior among vocational nursing school female studentsMiin Huey Chiou
Department of Nursing, Chi Mei Medical Center, Liouying
J Nurs Res 16:17-25. 2008..of this study were to investigate: (a) differences in demographic characteristics between a group of with dysmenorrhea and a group without this condition, (b) the predictors of dysmenorrhea, and (c) self-care behavior for ..
- The effect of an Iranian herbal drug on primary dysmenorrhea: a clinical controlled trialKhodakrami Nahid
Shahid Beheshti Medical University, Reproductive Health Research Center, Nursing Midwifery School, Tehran, Iran
J Midwifery Womens Health 54:401-4. 2009Our objective was to examine the effect of an Iranian herbal drug in the treatment of primary dysmenorrhea. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot trial among 180 female students at Isfahan University dormitory aged 18 to 27 ..
- Continuous, low-level, topical heat wrap therapy as compared to acetaminophen for primary dysmenorrheaMark Akin
CEDRA Clinical Research, LLC, Austin, Texas, USA
J Reprod Med 49:739-45. 2004To determine if pain relief provided by a wearable heat wrap (continuous, low-level, topical heat therapy) is superior to oral acetaminophen for primary dysmenorrhea.
- Effects of acupuncture at Sanyinjiao (SP6) on prostaglandin levels in primary dysmenorrhea patientsGuang Xia Shi
School of Acupuncture and Moxibustion, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, Beijing, China
Clin J Pain 27:258-61. 2011To explore the physiologic mechanism of immediate analgesic effect of acupuncture in primary dysmenorrhea patients.
- Involvement of oxytocin and vasopressin in the pathophysiology of preterm labor and primary dysmenorrheaMats Akerlund
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital, S 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Prog Brain Res 139:359-65. 2002..In women with primary dysmenorrhea the plasma concentration of vasopressin is elevated...
- [Effect of jiawei mojie tablet on plasma oxytocin level in patients with primary dysmenorrhea in menstrual period]Hai Xia Deng
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Affiliated Yueyang Hospital, Shanghai University of TCM, Shanghai 200437
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 23:354-6. 2003To investigate the therapeutic mechanism of Jiawei Mojie Tablet (JMT) in treating primary dysmenorrhea (PD) by observing its effect on plasma oxytocin (OT) level in patients in menstrual period.
- Patterns of prescription and self-medication for treating primary dysmenorrhea in a Mexican populationMario I Ortiz
Laboratorio de Farmacología Del Area Académica de Medicina del Instituto de Ciencias de la Salud, Universidad Autonoma del Estado de Hidalgo, Mexico
Proc West Pharmacol Soc 50:165-7. 2007b>Dysmenorrhea is defined as cramping pain in the lower abdomen occurring just before or during menstruation...
- Skipping breakfast is associated with dysmenorrhea in young women in JapanTomoko Fujiwara
Faculty of Home Economics, Ashiya College, 14 10 Rokurokuso cho, Ashiya 659 8511, Japan
Int J Food Sci Nutr 54:505-9. 2003..The intensity of dysmenorrhea was classified into three grades (score 1, free of pain or painful, but without need for analgesic; score 2, ..
- Primary dysmenorrhea in adolescent girls and treatment with oral contraceptivesA R Davis
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Columbia University, 630 W 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 14:3-8. 2001This review examines the prevalence, associated morbidity, and treatment of primary dysmenorrhea in adolescent girls. Relevant literature was examined by systematic, evidence-based review using MEDLINE and Cochrane Collaboration databases...
- [Analysis on therapeutic effect of substance-partitioned moxibustion at Guanyuan (CV 4) and shenque (CV 8) for treatment of primary dysmenorrhea of cold-damp type]Wen Li Li
TCM College of Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 26:481-2. 2006To observe clinical therapeutic effect of substance-partitioned moxibustion on primary dysmenorrhea (PD)...
- Premenstrual syndrome and dysmenorrhea: urban-rural and multiethnic differences in perception, impacts, and treatment seekingLi Ping Wong
Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 24:272-7. 2011..Recognizing the influential effects that these factors might have on shaping adolescents' attitudes is crucial in designing a more effective means of transmitting health information...
- Increased symptoms in female IBS patients with dysmenorrhea and PMSGaylene Altman
Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, University of Washington School of Nursing, Seattle, 91895, USA
Gastroenterol Nurs 29:4-11. 2006Women with irritable bowel syndrome often report premenstrual distress syndrome and dysmenorrhea. A descriptive, four-group comparison design was used to compare the symptoms and psychological distress levels of women with irritable bowel ..
- Anemia-related hemogram, uterine artery pulsatility index, and blood pressure for the effects of Four-Agents-Decoction (Si Wu Tang) in the treatment of primary dysmenorrheaLan Lan Liang Yeh
Division of Clinical Research, National Health Research Institutes, Zhunan, Miaoli County, Taiwan
J Altern Complement Med 15:531-8. 2009..reported pain intensity as the primary outcome of Four-Agents-Decoction (Si Wu Tang) for treating primary dysmenorrhea. We further explored other effects of this formula in accordance with the theory of Traditional Chinese ..
- Effects of auricular acupressure on menstrual symptoms and nitric oxide for women with primary dysmenorrheaMei Chuan Wang
Department of Nursing, National Taipei College of Nursing, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Altern Complement Med 15:235-42. 2009The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of auricular acupressure on relieving menstrual symptoms and decreasing nitric oxide (NO) for women with primary dysmenorrhea.
- Diagnosis and management of dysmenorrhoeaMichelle Proctor
Cochrane Menstrual Disorders and Subfertility Group, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand
BMJ 332:1134-8. 2006
- Acupuncture in patients with dysmenorrhea: a randomized study on clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness in usual careClaudia M Witt
Institute for Social Medicine, Epidemiology, and Health Economics, Charite University Medical Center, Berlin, Germany
Am J Obstet Gynecol 198:166.e1-8. 2008To investigate the clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of acupuncture in patients with dysmenorrhea.
- Management of pelvic pain from dysmenorrhea or endometriosisLaeth Nasir
Department of Family Medicine, University of Nebraska at Omaha, USA
J Am Board Fam Pract 17:S43-7. 2004..Two common causes are primary dysmenorrhea and endometriosis...
- Analgesic efficacy of French maritime pine bark extract in dysmenorrhea: an open clinical trialTakafumi Kohama
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Keiju Medical Center, Nanao City, Ishikawa Prefecture, Japan
J Reprod Med 49:828-32. 2004..To clarify the effect of Pycnogenol (Horphag Research, Switzerland), French maritime pine bark extract, on menstrual pain...
- Acupuncture combined with spinal tui na for treatment of primary dysmenorrhea in 30 casesAisong Guo
The Second Clinical Medical College, Nanjing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Nanjing 210029, China
J Tradit Chin Med 28:7-9. 2008To observe the therapeutic effects in acupunture treatment of primary dysmenorrhea combined with spinal Tui Na, and study its mechanism.
- [The effects of abdominal meridian massage on menstrual cramps and dysmenorrhea in full-time employed women]Jung Soon Kim
Department of Nursing, College of Medicine, Pusan National University, Busan, Korea
Taehan Kanho Hakhoe Chi 35:1325-32. 2005This study was designed to examine the effects of abdominal meridian(Kyongrak) massage on menstrual cramps and dysmenorrhea.
- Pain perception in women with dysmenorrheaM Granot
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rambam Medical Center, Technion Faculty of Medicine, Haifa, Israel
Obstet Gynecol 98:407-11. 2001OBJECTIVE: To determine if systemic processing of pain differs in women with and without dysmenorrhea. METHODS: Twenty-two dysmenorrheic women and 31 nondysmenorrheic women were studied by pain threshold and supra-threshold magnitude ..
- Laparoscopic uterosacral ligament resection for dysmenorrhea associated with endometriosis: results of a randomized, controlled trialPaolo Vercellini
Reproductive Surgery Unit, First Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Fertil Steril 80:310-9. 2003To evaluate the efficacy of laparoscopic resection of the uterosacral ligaments in women with endometriosis and predominantly midline dysmenorrhea.
- French maritime pine bark extract significantly lowers the requirement for analgesic medication in dysmenorrhea: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyNobutaka Suzuki
Department of Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
J Reprod Med 53:338-46. 2008A previous open study demonstrated that French maritime pine bark extract (Pycnogenol) may soothe menstrual pain in dysmenorrhea. We thus investigated the effects of Pycnogenol on menstrual pain in a double-blind study.
- Stress: Potential Impact on an Animal Model of EndometriosisCaroline B Appleyard; Fiscal Year: 2012..and ovarian cysts, which result in chronic pelvic pain, pain during intercourse (dyspareunia), painful periods (dysmenorrhea) and infertility...
- BISPHENOL A LEVELS and ENDOMETRIOSIS RISK IN REPRODUCTIVE-AGE WOMENVictoria L Holt; Fiscal Year: 2012..S. and is associated with infertility and severe, chronic pelvic pain and dysmenorrhea. Endometriosis is an estrogen-dependent condition, and alteration in hormonal regulation has been proposed to ..
- The effects of stress on the pathophysiology of endometriosisMARIELLY CUEVAS; Fiscal Year: 2010..and ovarian cysts, which result in chronic pelvic pain, pain during intercourse (dyspareunia), painful periods (dysmenorrhea) and infertility...
- Center for Endometrial Biology and EndometriosisHugh S Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2011..endometriosis result in significant morbidity including infertility, abnormal uterine bleeding, pelvic pain and dysmenorrhea. Endometriosis affects 10-15% of reproductive aged women and up to 50% of women with infertility...
- Comparing focused ultrasound and uterine artery embolization for uterine fibroidsElizabeth A Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2010..cause a number of symptoms including heavy or prolonged menstrual bleeding, pelvic pressure, pain with menses (dysmenorrhea) and bowel and bladder dysfunction...
- SNP Analysis of Endometriosis Candidate GenesIdhaliz Flores; Fiscal Year: 2010..This condition is characterized by severe pelvic pain, dyspareunia, dysmenorrhea, and infertility...
- ORGANOPHOSPHATE PESTICIDES AND HUMAN REPRODUCTIVE HEALTHXiping Xu; Fiscal Year: 2003..disorders (oligomenorrhea, amenorrhea, polymenorrhea, intermenstrual bleeding, prolonged menstrual bleeding, dysmenorrhea, and irregular menstruation); (3) alterations in hormone patterns including reduced estrogen excretion (REE), ..
- Effect of Continuous vs. Sequential Oral ContraceptionRICHARD LEGRO; Fiscal Year: 2004..leeway for skipped pills) as well as more effective treatment of multiple gynecological conditions such as dysmenorrhea, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, endometriosis, and peripheral androgen disorders such as acne and hirsutism, ..
- MENSTRUAL CYCLE EFFECTS ON TMD PAIN AND OTHER SYMPTOMSLinda LeResche; Fiscal Year: 2002..e., dysmenorrhea) and/or presence of clinical TMD pain...
- UTERINE BIOLOGY AND THE PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF ENDOMETRIOSISKevin Osteen; Fiscal Year: 2003..Endometriosis is a common gynecologic disorder associated with dysmenorrhea, pelvic pain and reduced fertility affecting 10-15% of all women and up to 50% of women with infertility...
- REPRODUCTIVE/CONTRACEPTIVE RISK FACTORS & ENDOMETRIOSISVictoria Holt; Fiscal Year: 2005Endometriosis affects 5-10% of reproductive-age women with chronic pelvic pain, dysmenorrhea, dyspareunia, and infertility...
- SYMPATHETIC NERVE REMODELING IN THE ADULT UTERUSPeter Smith; Fiscal Year: 2003..in advancing our understanding of the mechanisms regulating innervation in health and disease, and may have direct applicability to the understanding of dysmenorrhea and autonomic dysfunction that occurs in menopause.
- HORMONAL REGULATION OF ION CHANNELS IN MYOMETRIAL CELLSEnrico Stefani; Fiscal Year: 1993..This will be important in the medical sciences to determine the role of hormones in the reproductive cycle and to design or improve therapeutic treatment(s) for pathological situations such as premature labor and dysmenorrhea.
- STEROID DYNAMICS IN ENDOCRINOLOGYERLIO GURPIDE; Fiscal Year: 1991..Endometrial prostaglandins are considered to play an important role on dysmenorrhea and dysfunctional bleeding as well as in normal menstruation, implantation and premature or term onset of labor...
- Risk Factors for EndometriosisDavid Hunter; Fiscal Year: 2002..Signs and symptoms include dysmenorrhea, dyspareunia, infertility, dysuria, and irritable bowel syndrome...
- CENTER FOR ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE IN WOMENS HEALTHFredi Kronenberg; Fiscal Year: 1999..focus initially on 4 problems that affect a large number of women, namely, menopausal hot flashes, fibroids, dysmenorrhea and menorrhagia...
- Development of Ketorolac Drug Delivery DeviceMichelle Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2002The treatment of uterine pain during menses (dysmenorrhea), a disorder that seriously afflicts 5 million women in the U.S...
- DEVELOPMENT OF A VAGINAL DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEMMichelle Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2000The treatment of uterine pain during menses (dysmenorrhea), a disorder that seriously afflicts 5 million women in the U.S., with prostaglandin synthetase inhibitors (PSIs), has not been optimal because of systemic side effects...
- Night-shift work, CLOCK gene and risk of endometriosisJennifer Marino; Fiscal Year: 2004Endometriosis, which affects approximately 5 - 10% of U.S. reproductive-age women with chronic pelvic pain, dysmenorrhea, infertility, and increased cancer risk, has been linked in epidemiologic studies to exposures indicating high ..
- ANIMAL MODEL FOR DISORDERS OF ADHESIONP Satyaswaroop; Fiscal Year: 1993..characterized by the presence of endometrial tissue in ectopic sites, outside the uterus and is associated with dysmenorrhea, pelvic pain and infertility...
- RECORDING THE PHYSIOLOGY OF THE NONPREGNANT UTERUSJOHN PICCHIOTTINO; Fiscal Year: 1993..Specific aims are: to record a series of normals and patients with chronic pelvic pain, dysmenorrhea, and endometriosis; to determine the feasibility of also recording the fetal EKG; and to improve the crystal ..
- HORMONAL REGULATION OF MYOMETRIUM ION CHANNELSEnrico Stefani; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will be relevant to design or improve therapeutic treatment(s) for pathological situations such as premature labor and dysmenorrhea.
- The treatment of dysmenorrhea: Effects of sildenafil and oral contraceptivesRICHARD LEGRO; Fiscal Year: 2008unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Primary dysmenorrhea (PD) is the most common cause of pelvic pain in women, estimated to affect up to 90% of the female population...
- Oral contraceptives and cytochrome p450 inducersAnne Davis; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ORAL CONTRACEPTIVES FOR DYSMENORRHEA IN ADOLESCENT GIRLSAnne Davis; Fiscal Year: 2002..Primary dysmenorrhea is defined as pain during the menses in the absence of a pathologic lesion and is probably caused by ..
- PDE3 Inhibitors: Selective Blockers of Oocyte MaturationJeffrey Jensen; Fiscal Year: 2007..This approach is expected to provide a foundation for future Phase 1 trials of PDE3 inhibitors in humans. ..
- PHYSIOLOGY OF REPRODUCTIONBruce Carr; Fiscal Year: 2003..D. and 5 M.D. trainees, on average) and 2 predoctoral students matriculating for the Ph.D. degree. During the past 10 years, 45 postdoctoral and predoctoral trainees have been supported by this grant. ..
- Risk for New onset of Depression in Perimenopausal WomenDaniel Cramer; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Headache Research SummitKENNETH WELCH; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- COOPERATIVE MULTICENTER REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE NETWORKBruce Carr; Fiscal Year: 2004..In summary, the reproductive endocrinology research team is experienced in multi- center clinical trials and is committed to collaborative participation consistent with the goals of the RMU network. ..
- Endogenous Hormones and Risk of EndometriosisStacey Missmer; Fiscal Year: 2009..Signs and symptoms include dysmenorrhea, dyspareunia, infertility, dysuria, and dyschezia...
- MUC-1 related cancer immunity: determinants and predictive significanceDaniel Cramer; Fiscal Year: 2009..The findings of our study could provide the basis for developing a safe cancer- preventing vaccine for ovarian cancer and perhaps other MUC1-expressing tumors. ..
- Women's Health Complementary and Alternative TherapiesMargaret Heitkemper; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Abdominal Symptom Phenotypes: Pathways to New BiomarkersRobert Shulman; Fiscal Year: 2010..New biomarkers (video capsule endoscopy, lymphocyte activation/cytokine diffuse noxious inhibitory control testing) will be used with newly recruited IBS and control subjects. ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGIC AND BIOLOGIC PREDICTORS OF IVF SUCCESSDaniel Cramer; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- ENDOCRINE CHANGES AND TREATMENT OF CONDUCT PROBLEMSLORAH DORN; Fiscal Year: 2007..We anticipate that findings will contribute to further understanding of the neurophysiology of conduct problems in youth. ..
- Genes, Hormones & Environment in an Ovarian Cancer ModelDaniel Cramer; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our continued goal is to identify modifiable risk factors and chemo preventive agents for a common and lethal cancer in women. ..
- Uterus & Colon Influences on Bladder Function in FemalesKaren Berkley; Fiscal Year: 2004..Results from these exploratory studies will be then be used to develop a longer program of research. ..
- Collaborative IRB Mentoring ProjectRoberto Rivera; Fiscal Year: 2003..Establish a collaborative and mutually strengthening program between the African IRBs and FHI's IRB. . Create a program of IRB development that can be replicated. ..
- Developmental Psychobiology of Premature AdrenarcheLORAH DORN; Fiscal Year: 2004..Information may lead to prevention/intervention efforts to reduce emotional and behavior problems and cognitive difficulties in children with PA. ..
- EXERCISE INDUCED CHANGES IN HPA ACTIVITY IN FIBROMYALGIAPatricia Deuster; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Plant-Based Dietry Intervention in Type 2 DiabetesNeal Barnard; Fiscal Year: 2004..Glycosylated hemoglobin, insulin concentrations, 24-hour urinary albumin, body weight, blood pressure, serum lipids, and related cardiovascular risk factors will be measured at baseline, 22 weeks, and 74 weeks. ..
- PUPILLOMETRIC SLEEPINESS IN TREATED SLEEP DISORDERSJoan Shaver; Fiscal Year: 2003..Results will provide evidence about the PUI as a reliable and valid objective outcome measure of waking tendency among controls, and pre-post-treatment for OSA and narcolepsy subjects. ..
- MACROPHAGES, OXIDATION, AND ENDOMETRIOSISAna Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2003..This project will also evaluate the efficacy of antioxidants to alter the levels of these markers. The program is supported by an administrative core and a tissue/cell culture core. ..
- MENTORING IN RESEARCH ON ENDOMETRIOSISAna Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2005..Glycodelin may increase NK cell activity thus decreasing tumor growth. ..
- Role of lefty in implantationSiamak Tabibzadeh; Fiscal Year: 2006..These results are expected to demonstrate the feasibility of using lefty protein as a target in therapeutic interventions for infertility and related disorders and abortion. ..
- Integrating CAM: Nursing EmphasisMargaret Heitkemper; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- DOXYCYCLINE FOR BLEEDING IN PROGESTIN ONLY CONTRACEPTORSDavid Archer; Fiscal Year: 2006..If successful, DOX treatment could become an important adjuvant for treatment of this and possibly other inflammatory disorders effecting reproductive tract tissues. ..
- A prospective study of diet and endometriosisStacey Missmer; Fiscal Year: 2006..Signs and symptoms include dysmenorrhea, dyspareunia, infertility, dysuria, and dyschezia...
- Smoking and Metabolic Complications in Adolescent GirlsLORAH DORN; Fiscal Year: 2008..e. increased risk of osteoporotic fracture) or reproductive health (i.e. menstrual irregularity & endocrine disruption, infertility, dysmenorrhea). [unreadable] [unreadable]