Genomes and Genes
Summary: An extravasation of blood localized in an organ, space, or tissue.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH2
Publications286 found, 100 shown here
- The clinical spectrum of retroperitoneal hematoma in anticoagulated patientsCamilo González
Intensive Care Unit, Hospital U M Valdecilla, University of Cantabria, Santander, Spain
Medicine (Baltimore) 82:257-62. 2003..We reviewed the cases diagnosed at our institution and reported in the literature to delineate the clinical manifestations and course of this process...
- Rectus sheath hematoma: review of 126 cases at a single institutionW Brett Cherry
Division of General Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Medicine (Baltimore) 85:105-10. 2006Rectus sheath hematoma (RSH) is an uncommon condition characterized by abdominal pain and an abdominal wall mass...
- Hematoma resolution as a therapeutic target: the role of microglia/macrophagesXiurong Zhao
Professor of Neurology, Director of Stroke Research, Department of Neurology, University of Texas Houston Medical School, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Stroke 40:S92-4. 2009..Within hours to days after ICH, extravasated erythrocytes in the hematoma undergo lysis, releasing cytotoxic hemoglobin, heme, and iron, thereby initiating secondary processes, which ..
- Hematoma resolution as a target for intracerebral hemorrhage treatment: role for peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma in microglia/macrophagesXiurong Zhao
Stroke Program, Department of Neurology, University of Texas Houston Medical School, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Ann Neurol 61:352-62. 2007Phagocytosis is necessary to eliminate the hematoma after intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH); however, release of proinflammatory mediators and free radicals during phagocyte activation is toxic to neighboring cells, leading to secondary ..
- Efficacy and safety of recombinant activated factor VII for acute intracerebral hemorrhageStephan A Mayer
Department of Neurology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, USA
N Engl J Med 358:2127-37. 2008..We performed this phase 3 trial to confirm a previous study in which recombinant activated factor VII (rFVIIa) reduced growth of the hematoma and improved survival and functional outcomes.
- Hematoma expansion following acute intracerebral hemorrhageH Bart Brouwers
Center for Human Genetic Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Cerebrovasc Dis 35:195-201. 2013..Location and baseline hematoma volume are strong predictors of mortality, but are nonmodifiable by the time of diagnosis...
- FDG-PET imaging for chronic expanding hematoma in pelvis with massive bone destructionKenichiro Hamada
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Tracer Kinetics, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Skeletal Radiol 34:807-11. 2005Chronic expanding hematoma is a rare presentation of a hematoma characterized by a persistent increase in size for more than a month after the initial hemorrhage...
- Circulating MicroRNAs as potential risk biomarkers for hematoma enlargement after intracerebral hemorrhageHong Wei Zheng
Department of Neurology, Beijing Tiantan Hospital Affiliated to Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
CNS Neurosci Ther 18:1003-11. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate whether miRNAs can be used as biomarkers to predict secondary hematoma enlargement (HE) in patients with ICH.
- The effect of brain hematoma location on volumetric inductive phase shift spectroscopy of the brain with circular and magnetron sensor coils: a numerical simulation studyR Rojas
Universidad del Ejército y FAM EMGS Laboratorio Multidisciplinario de Investigación, DF, Mexico
Physiol Meas 29:S255-66. 2008This numerical simulation study addressed the effects of the location of a discrete brain hematoma on the volumetric inductive phase shift of the brain measured with an induction circular sensor coil and an induction magnetron sensor coil...
- Albumin treatment reduces neurological deficit and protects blood-brain barrier integrity after acute intracortical hematoma in the ratLudmila Belayev
Cerebral Vascular Disease Research Center, Department of Neurology D4 5, University of Miami School of Medicine, PO Box 016960, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Stroke 36:326-31. 2005....
- Density and shape as CT predictors of intracerebral hemorrhage growthChristen D Barras
Department of Neurology, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Stroke 40:1325-31. 2009Intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH) growth predicts mortality and functional outcome. We hypothesized that irregular hematoma shape and density heterogeneity, reflecting active, multifocal bleeding or a variable bleeding time course, would ..
- Human early fracture hematoma is characterized by inflammation and hypoxiaPaula Kolar
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Charite University Hospital, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Clin Orthop Relat Res 469:3118-26. 2011An effective immune system, especially during the inflammatory phase, putatively influences the quality and likelihood of bone healing. If and how this is reflected within the initial fracture hematoma is unclear.
- Multivariate analysis of predictors of hematoma enlargement in spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhageY Fujii
Department of Neurosurgery, Niigata University, Japan
Stroke 29:1160-6. 1998We conducted this study to determine, through use of multivariate analyses, the independent predictors of hematoma enlargement occurring after hospital admission in patients with spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage (i.c.h.).
- Intracorneal hematoma after canaloplasty in glaucomaMaurizio Gismondi
Department of Ophthalmology, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Santa Maria della Misericordia, Udine, Italy
Cornea 30:718-9. 2011To report a case of an intracorneal hematoma after canaloplasty.
- Intramural hematoma of the pulmonary artery and hemopneumomediastinum after endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspirationMaribel Botana-Rial
Bronchopleural Techniques Unit, Pulmonology Service, Respiratory and Infectious Disease Research Group, Biomedical Research Institute, Complexo Hospitalario Universitario de Vigo, Vigo, Spain
Respiration 83:353-6. 2012..We describe the first reported case of pulmonary artery intramural hematoma after EBUS-TBNA puncture of this artery. The complication was visualized by ultrasound and resolved spontaneously.
- Postoperative hematomas after thyroid surgery. Incidence and risk factors in our experiencePietro Giorgio Calò
Dipartimento di Chirurgia e Scienze Odontostomatologiche, Universita degli Studi di Cagliari, Italy
Ann Ital Chir 81:343-7. 2010..The aim of our study was to evaluate the incidence and timing of postoperative bleeding and to identify the potential aetiological factors of cervical hematomas complicating thyroid surgery...
- Minimally invasive procedures for evacuation of intracerebral hemorrhage reduces perihematomal glutamate content, blood-brain barrier permeability and brain edema in rabbitsGuofeng Wu
Department of Emergency, Affiliated Hospital, Guiyang Medical College, Guiyang City, Guizhou Province, China
Neurocrit Care 14:118-26. 2011To observe the effects of the minimally invasive removal of an intracerebral hematoma on the glutamate concentration, blood-brain barrier (BBB) permeability and brain water content in the brain tissue surrounding the hematoma and to ..
- Interaction between warfarin and the herbal product Shengmai-yin: a case report of intracerebral hematomaQun Su
Intensive Care Unit, First Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Yonsei Med J 51:793-6. 2010..08. Head computed topography revealed intracerebral hematoma in the left temporoparietal region. Both warfarin therapy and the herbal product were withdrawn...
- Spontaneous intramural small-bowel hematoma: imaging findings and outcomeMaher A Abbas
Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic, 13400 E Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 179:1389-94. 2002Our aim was to review the imaging findings and outcomes of patients with nontraumatic spontaneous intramural small-bowel hematoma.
- A theoretical study on magnetic induction frequency dependence of phase shift in oedema and haematomaCésar A González
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Physiol Meas 27:829-38. 2006..The results indicate that bulk induction measurement of the phase shift has the potential for becoming a simple means for non-contact detection of formation of oedema and haematoma in brain, lung and muscle tissues...
- Frame-based and frameless stereotactic hematoma puncture and subsequent fibrinolytic therapy for the treatment of spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhageRuth Thiex
Department of Neurosurgery, Aachen University, Pauwelsstr 30, 52057, Aachen, Germany
J Neurol 251:1443-50. 2004..Comparison of two minimally invasive procedures for the treatment of intracerebral hemorrhage and subsequent lysis with regard to technical implications and clinical outcome of the patients...
- Endoscopic evacuation of putaminal hemorrhage: how to improve the efficiency of hematoma evacuationPo Chun Hsieh
Department of Neurosurgery, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Surg Neurol 64:147-53; discussion 153. 2005..A simplified method to determine the precise location for burr hole placement is also reported...
- Hematoma growth and outcomes in intracerebral hemorrhage: the INTERACT1 studyCandice Delcourt
The George Institute for Global Health, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, University of Sydney, Australia
Neurology 79:314-9. 2012Uncertainty exists over the size of potential beneficial effects of medical treatments targeting hematoma growth in intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH)...
- Warfarin, hematoma expansion, and outcome of intracerebral hemorrhageJ J Flibotte
Stroke Service and Neurology Clinical Trials Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Neurology 63:1059-64. 2004..Warfarin increases mortality of intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH). The authors investigated whether this effect reflects increased baseline ICH volume at presentation or increased ICH expansion...
- The long-term effect of recombinant tissue-plasminogen-activator (rt-PA) on edema formation in a large-animal model of intracerebral hemorrhageRuth Thiex
Department of Neurosurgery, Aachen University, Pauwelsstr 30, 52057 Aachen, Germany
Neurol Res 25:254-62. 2003b>Hematoma puncture, fibrinolysis, and aspiration of the liquefied clot is a promising new treatment strategy for large intracerebral hemorrhages (ICH)...
- Reperfusion-associated hemorrhagic transformation in SHR rats: evidence of symptomatic parenchymal hematomaErica C Henning
Section on Stroke Diagnostics and Therapeutics, Stroke Branch, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Stroke 39:3405-10. 2008..In this study, we used multimodal magnetic resonance imaging to investigate the incidence and severity of reperfusion-based HT in spontaneously hypertensive rats after ischemia/reperfusion...
- Femoral nerve palsy secondary to traumatic pseudoaneurysm and iliacus hematomaAdam S Rochman
Department of Neurosurgery, The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
J Neurosurg 102:382-5. 2005..a case of traumatic femoral nerve palsy caused by a pseudoaneurysm of the iliolumbar artery and a iliacus muscle hematoma. This case report details not only the classic history and physical findings seen in patients such as this one, ..
- Glutamate receptor blockade attenuates glucose hypermetabolism in perihematomal brain after experimental intracerebral hemorrhage in ratTimothy D Ardizzone
Department of Neurology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Ohio, USA
Stroke 35:2587-91. 2004..To develop successful treatments, we must learn more about the effects of hemorrhage on brain tissue. In this study, we investigated the acute metabolic effects of intrastriatal hemorrhage in rat brain...
- Hematoma-directed ultrasound-guided (HUG) breast lumpectomyMargaret Thompson
Division of Breast Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 14:148-56. 2007....
- Defining hematoma expansion in intracerebral hemorrhage: relationship with patient outcomesD Dowlatshahi
University of Ottawa, Ottawa Hospital Civic Campus, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Neurology 76:1238-44. 2011b>Hematoma expansion (HE) is a surrogate marker in intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH) trials...
- Intracorneal hematoma with descemet membrane detachment after viscocanalostomyHiroko Fujimoto
Nagata Eye Clinic, Nara, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 137:195-6. 2004To describe a case of intracorneal hematoma with Descemet membrane detachment after viscocanalostomy.
- Retroperitoneal hematoma associated with femoral neuropathy: a complication under antiplatelets therapyA Nakao
Department of Surgery I, Okayama University Medical School, Japan
Acta Med Okayama 55:363-6. 2001We report a case of retroperitoneal hematoma presenting as femoral nerve pulsy on antiplatelet therapy...
- Comparison of hematoma shape and volume estimates in warfarin versus non-warfarin-related intracerebral hemorrhageKevin N Sheth
Division of Neurology, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, MD, USA
Neurocrit Care 12:30-4. 2010b>Hematoma volume is a major determinant of outcome in patients with intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH)...
- Experimental model of warfarin-associated intracerebral hemorrhageChristian Foerch
Neuroprotection Research Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Masschusetts 02129, USA
Stroke 39:3397-404. 2008..This study describes the development of a mouse model of W-ICH in which hematoma growth and outcomes can be correlated with anticoagulation parameters.
- Hematoma-directed ultrasound-guided breast biopsyL F Smith
Departments of Surgery, Radiology, and Pathology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Ann Surg 233:669-75. 2001..A hematoma consisting of 2 to 5 mL of the patient's own blood was injected into the breast to target the nonpalpable lesion...
- Spontaneous duodenal hematomaMustafa Secil
Department of Radiology, Dokuz Eylul University Medical School Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
J Emerg Med 27:291-3. 2004
- Anticoagulation with the oral direct thrombin inhibitor dabigatran does not enlarge hematoma volume in experimental intracerebral hemorrhageArne Lauer
Department of Neurology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Circulation 124:1654-62. 2011..Whereas warfarin pretreatment is associated with greater hematoma expansion after intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH), it remains unclear what effect direct thrombin inhibitors would ..
- Femoral nerve palsy associated with iliacus hematoma following pseudoaneurysm after revision hip arthroplastyYoshihide Nakamura
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hirosaki University Graduate School of Medicine, Hirosaki, Japan
J Arthroplasty 23:1240.e1-4. 2008Iliacus hematoma associated with femoral nerve palsy is a very rare but considerable complication of hip arthroplasty. A 76-year-old woman had femoral nerve palsy 6 months after revision hip arthroplasty using a reinforcement plate...
- Non-neoplastic conditions presenting as soft-tissue tumoursN Crundwell
Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, Middlesex, UK
Clin Radiol 62:18-27. 2007..The most common diagnoses were myositis ossificans, ganglion cyst, abscess/infection, bursitis and synovitis. The imaging features of other rarer conditions will also be discussed...
- Hematoma size as major modulator of the cellular immune system after experimental intracerebral hemorrhageSergio Illanes
Department of Neurology, University Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 400, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Neurosci Lett 490:170-4. 2011..We examined the effects of different hematoma volumes on immune cell subpopulations in experimental murine ICH...
- Spontaneous retroclival hematoma presenting as a thunderclap headache. Case reportW I Schievink
Maxine Dunitz Neurosurgical Institute and Imaging Medical Group, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
J Neurosurg 95:522-4. 2001..The authors describe a patient with this type of headache who was found to have a spontaneous retroclival hematoma. A 49-year-old woman experienced an instantaneous excruciating headache...
- Enoxaparin-associated severe retroperitoneal bleeding and abdominal compartment syndrome: a report of two casesA Dabney
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, 3635 Vista Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63110, USA
Intensive Care Med 27:1954-7. 2001..PATIENTS: Two adult patients receiving enoxaparin developed retroperitoneal hematoma and abdominal compartment syndrome...
- Progression of mass effect after intracerebral hemorrhageA R Zazulia
Departments of Neurology and Neurological Surgery, Lillian Strauss Institute for Neuroscience of the Jewish Hospital of St Louis, MO, USA
Stroke 30:1167-73. 1999..Our goal was to determine the time course and cause for progression of mass effect after ICH...
- Intracerebral hemorrhage models in rat: comparing collagenase to blood infusionCrystal L MacLellan
Department of Psychology and Centre for Neuroscience, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 28:516-25. 2008..An ICH was created by infusing blood or bacterial collagenase into the rats' striatum. We matched initial hematoma volume in each model (Experiment 1) and assessed the time course of bleeding (Experiment 2)...
- Blood pressure management in acute intracerebral hemorrhage: relationship between elevated blood pressure and hematoma enlargementKazuhiro Ohwaki
Department of Hygiene and Public Health, Teikyo University School of Medicine, 2 11 1 Kaga Itabashi, Tokyo 173 8605, Japan
Stroke 35:1364-7. 2004The association between elevated blood pressure (BP) and hematoma enlargement in acute intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH) has not been clarified...
- Significant abdominal wall hematoma from an umbilical port insertionI Marcovici
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Michigan Medical Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0276, USA
JSLS 5:293-5. 2001Laparoscopists consider the umbilical and ventral midline area to be "vascular safe." On occasion, however, the insertion of the first trocar at the umbilical port may result in severe abdominal wall hematoma.
- Chronological changes of perihematomal edema of human intracerebral hematomaM Inaji
Department of Neurosurgery, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Neurochir Suppl 86:445-8. 2003..of intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH), which includes ischemic brain damage and edema formation around a hematoma. The purpose of the current study is to investigate chronological changes of perihematomal edema in patients with ..
- Chronic expanding hematoma of the thoraxYong Soo Kwon
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50 Irwon dong, Gangnam Gu, Seoul, Korea
Yonsei Med J 48:337-40. 2007We report the first case in Korea of a chronic expanding hematoma, which presented as a huge mass in the pleural cavity...
- Extrathoracic protrusion of a chronic expanding hematoma in the chest mimicking a soft tissue tumorMakoto Takahama
Department of General Thoracic Surgery, Osaka City General Hospital, 2 13 22 Miyakojima Hondori, Miyakojima ku, Osaka, 534 0021, Japan
Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 58:202-4. 2010We report an uncommon clinical case of extrathoracic protrusion of a chronic expanding hematoma in the chest, mimicking a soft tissue sarcoma...
- Arterial puncture closing devices compared with standard manual compression after cardiac catheterization: systematic review and meta-analysisMaria Koreny
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Vienna, Vienna General Hospital, Vienna, Austria
JAMA 291:350-7. 2004..Arterial puncture closing devices (APCDs) were developed to replace standard compression at the puncture site and to shorten bed rest following percutaneous coronary intervention...
- Early surgery versus initial conservative treatment in patients with spontaneous supratentorial intracerebral haematomas in the International Surgical Trial in Intracerebral Haemorrhage (STICH): a randomised trialA David Mendelow
Department of Neurosurgery, Newcastle General Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne NE4 6BE, UK
Lancet 365:387-97. 2005..We undertook a prospective randomised trial to compare early surgery with initial conservative treatment for patients with intracerebral haemorrhage...
- Molecular signatures of vascular injury are associated with early growth of intracerebral hemorrhageYolanda Silva
Department of Neurology, Hospital Doctor Josep Trueta, Girona, Spain
Stroke 36:86-91. 2005..To investigate whether molecular markers of inflammation and endothelial injury are associated with early growth of intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH)...
- Prospective study of postoperative complications after total thyroidectomy for multinodular goiters by surgeons with experience in endocrine surgeryAntonio Rios Zambudio
Department of General Surgery and Digestive Apparatus I, Hospital Universitario Virgen de la Arrixaca, Murcia, Spain
Ann Surg 240:18-25. 2004....
- Rectus sheath hematoma: a series of unfortunate eventsAndreas Luhmann
Royal Glamorgan Hospital, Ynys Maerdy, Llantrisant, CF72 8XR, UK
World J Surg 30:2050-5. 2006Rectus sheath hematoma is rare. It can present to physicians in many specialties, but invariably the surgeon is contacted regarding management...
- Lidocaine-induced altered mental status and seizure after hematoma blockErik Dorf
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
J Emerg Med 31:251-3. 2006b>Hematoma blocks with lidocaine are routinely utilized in the Emergency Department to allow reduction of Colles' fractures. Lidocaine toxicity is a potential complication of this procedure...
- Percutaneous arterial embolization in the management of rectus sheath hematomaJordi Rimola
Department of Radiology, UDIAT CD, Corporacio Sanitaria Parc Tauli, Sabadell, Barcelona, Spain
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:W497-502. 2007OBJECTIVE: Spontaneous rectus sheath hematoma can become clinically relevant and necessitate hemostatic intervention...
- Extensive retroperitoneal hematoma without neurologic deficit in two patients who underwent lumbar plexus block and were later anticoagulatedRobert S Weller
Department of Anesthesiology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
Anesthesiology 98:581-5. 2003
- Spontaneous parapharyngeal haematoma caused by a leaking vertebral artery pseudoaneurysmKhaled Badran
Department of Otolaryngology and Skull Base Surgery, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 265:251-4. 2008..This is the first reported case of a parapharyngeal haematoma originating from a vertebral artery pseudoaneurysm where imaging demonstrated a causal link...
- Clinicopathological study on chronic encapsulated expanding hematoma associated with incompletely obliterated AVM after stereotactic radiosurgeryAkira Nakamizo
Department of Neurosurgery, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, Japan
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 153:883-93. 2011Chronic encapsulated expanding hematoma is a rare, but highly morbid, severe complication after stereotactic radiosurgery for intracerebral arteriovenous malformations (AVMs)...
- Incidence and circumstances of cervical hematoma complicating thyroidectomy and its relationship to postoperative vomitingMarco Bononi
Department of Surgery Pietro Valdoni, University of Rome Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Head Neck 32:1173-7. 2010Cervical hematoma is hardly a predictable complication of thyroid surgery. Postoperative vomiting has been reported as a likely risk factor.
- The pathophysiological time window study of performing minimally invasive procedures for the intracerebral hematoma evacuation in rabbitGuofeng Wu
Department of Neurology, Affiliated Hospital, Guiyang Medical College, No 28, Guiyijie Road, Liuguangmen, Guiyang City, Guizhou Province 550004, PR China
Brain Res 1465:57-65. 2012..to observe the pathophysiological time window of performing minimally invasive procedures for the intracerebral hematoma evacuation...
- Acute aortic intramural hematoma: an analysis from the International Registry of Acute Aortic DissectionKevin M Harris
Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation, Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Minneapolis, MN 55407, USA
Circulation 126:S91-6. 2012Acute aortic intramural hematoma (IMH) is an important subgroup of aortic dissection, and controversy surrounds appropriate management.
- [A case of chronic expanding hematoma in retroperitoneal space]Gou Kaneko
The Department of Urology, Kawasaki Municipal Hospital
Hinyokika Kiyo 55:603-6. 2009..The mass was suspected to be chronic expanding hematoma or neurogenic tumor of renal capsule origin...
- [A case of intrarenal hematoma: role of ultrasonography in the early diagnosis of a possible complication of anticoagulant therapy]Mauro Dugo
Nefrologia, Dialisi e Trapianti Renali, Ospedale Ca Foncello, Treviso, Italy
G Ital Nefrol 29:616-20. 2012..We report a case of intrarenal hematoma arising in a uremic patient treated with warfarin...
- Imaging and clinical prognostic indicators for early hematoma enlargement after spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhageNan Ji
Department of Neurosurgery, Tiantan Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Neurol Res 31:362-6. 2009To analyse the imaging and clinical prognostic indicators for early hematoma enlargement after spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH).
- Hematoma volume measurement in gradient echo MRI using quantitative susceptibility mappingShuo Wang
Department of Radiology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10022, USA
Stroke 44:2315-7. 2013..We hypothesize that hematoma volume measurement on QSM is independent of imaging parameters, eliminating its echo time dependence on gradient ..
- Combination of T2*W and FLAIR abnormalities for the prediction of parenchymal hematoma following thrombolytic therapy in 100 stroke patientsJens Fiehler
Department of Neuroradiology, University Medical Care Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
J Neuroimaging 19:311-6. 2009The objective of our study was to determine whether the combination of hypointense spots ("cerebral microbleeds," CMBs) with a leukoaraiosis is associated with the risk of parenchymal hematoma (PH) after thrombolytic therapy.
- Age determination of vessel wall hematoma in spontaneous cervical artery dissection: a multi-sequence 3T cardiovascular magnetic resonance studyMaximilian Habs
Dept, of Clinical Radiology, University of Munich, Grosshadern Campus, Munich, Germany
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 13:76. 2011..proposed classifications for carotid plaque and cerebral parenchymal hemorrhages are used to estimate the age of hematoma according to its signal intensities on T1w and T2w MR images...
- Chronic expanding hematoma of the thighKohei Negoro
Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation Medicine, Fukui University, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Matsuoka Shimoaizuki 23 3, Eiheiji, Fukui 910 1193, Japan
Joint Bone Spine 79:192-4. 2012..In some instances, for reasons that are not completely understood, hematoma formation is followed by slow expansion of the mass...
- Spontaneous retroperitoneal hematoma: etiology, characteristics, management, and outcomeKharmene L Sunga
Department of Emergency Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Emerg Med 43:e157-61. 2012Spontaneous retroperitoneal hematoma (SRH) can be fatal, requiring immediate recognition and intervention. Current literature is limited, providing little direction in patient care.
- Perinatal outcomes in women with subchorionic hematoma: a systematic review and meta-analysisMethodius G Tuuli
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Obstet Gynecol 117:1205-12. 2011To estimate the association between subchorionic hematoma and adverse perinatal outcomes.
- Intestinal obstruction due to spontaneous intramural hematoma of the small intestine during warfarin use: a report of two casesMehmet Ali Uzun
General Surgery Department, Haydarpasa Numune Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Emerg Med 14:272-3. 2007Warfarin-dependent spontaneous intramural hematoma of the small intestine is a rare complication. The first symptom is usually abdominal pain, frequently accompanied by nausea and vomiting...
- Association of serum glucose concentrations during acute hospitalization with hematoma expansion, perihematomal edema, and three month outcome among patients with intracerebral hemorrhageAdnan I Qureshi
Zeenat Qureshi Stroke Research Center, Department of Neurology, University of Minnesota, 12 100 PWB, 516 Delaware St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Neurocrit Care 15:428-35. 2011..We explored the relationship between various parameters of serum glucose concentrations measured during acute hospitalization and hematoma expansion, perihematomal edema, and three month outcome among subjects with ICH.
- [Expression of matrix metalloproteinase MMP-9 in the plasma and hematoma fluid of intracerebral hemorrhage patients]Cheng Han Wu
Department of Neurology, Second Affiliated Hospital of Fujian College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fuzhou 350003, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 88:174-6. 2008..To investigate the matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-9 played in secondary brain injury following intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH)...
- Right paracardiac mass due to organized pericardial hematoma around retained epicardial pacing wires following aortic valve replacementAditya Kapoor
Department of Cardiology, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow 226014, India
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 13:104-6. 2011..We describe a rare case of right paracardiac mass due to organized pericardial hematoma with right atrial compression around the epicardial pacing wires left in-situ, presenting three months following ..
- Medicinal leeches for the treatment of venous congestion and hematoma after plastic reconstructive surgeryFriederike Riede
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Allergy, University of Heidelberg, University Medicine Mannheim, Germany
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 8:881-8. 2010..In recent years the use of medicinal leeches became rather popular again, e. g. to improve blood circulation in ischemic tissue after reconstructive plastic surgery...
- Mandibular hematoma cells as a potential reservoir for osteoprogenitor cells in fracturesTakumi Hasegawa
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 70:599-607. 2012We hypothesized that cells within the mandibular fracture hematoma played an important role in mandibular fracture healing. The objective of this study was to analyze cells in human mandibular fracture hematoma.
- Intraorbital hematoma after removal of upper third molar: a case reportGary Warburton
National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 64:700-4. 2006
- Chronic expanding hematoma in the psoas muscleToshinari Yamasaki
Department of Urology, Himeji Medical Center, Hyogo, Japan
Int J Urol 12:1063-5. 2005We report an unusual case of chronic expanding hematoma in the psoas muscle. A 53-year-old man was admitted for evaluation of a mass shadow in the left lower lung field on chest X-rays. He had also been suffering from dull left back pain...
- Memantine reduces hematoma expansion in experimental intracerebral hemorrhage, resulting in functional improvementSoon Tae Lee
Department of Neurology, Stroke and Neural Stem Cell Laboratory in Clinical Research Institute, Stem Cell Research Center, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, South Korea
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 26:536-44. 2006Glutamate is accumulated in abundance during the early period of experimental hematoma, and the activation of N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptors by glutamate can result in an influx of calcium and neuronal death in cases of ..
- Time course of early postadmission hematoma expansion in spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhageChristian Ovesen
From the Department of Neurology C O, S R, H C and Radiology A F C, I H, Copenhagen University Hospital Bispebjerg, Copenhagen, Denmark and Department of Neurology, Copenhagen University Hospital Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark D W K
Stroke 45:994-9. 2014Early hematoma expansion (EHE) in patients with intracerebral hematoma is a promising treatment target. To date, the time course of EHE has remained poorly described. We prospectively investigated the time course of EHE.
- Case report: chronic expanding hematoma in the adrenal gland with pathologic correlationsTakayuki Yamada
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Tohoku University, School of Medicine, Miyati, Japan
J Comput Assist Tomogr 27:354-6. 2003We report a case of chronic expanding hematoma in the adrenal gland. Mixed signal intensity in a mosaic pattern was seen on T2-weighted images. A focal area suggesting a subacute hematoma was also noted...
- Retroperitoneal hematoma caused by a ruptured pelvic varix in a patient with iliac vein compression syndromeSachin Dheer
Department of Radiology, Inova Fairfax Hospital, Falls Church, Virginia, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 14:387-90. 2003..The authors describe an unusual case of IVCS in which the patient presented with a left-sided retroperitoneal hematoma arising from a ruptured collateral venous varix shortly after the development of symptomatic left lower-extremity ..
- Retropericardial hematoma complicating off-pump coronary artery bypass surgeryToshihiro Fukui
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Osaka City University Medical School, Osaka, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 73:1629-31. 2002We report the case of a retropericardial hematoma after triple-vessel off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting...
- Usefulness of the initial noninvasive imaging study to predict the adverse outcomes in the medical treatment of acute type A aortic intramural hematomaJong Min Song
Division of Cardiology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan, College of Medicine, 388 1 Poongnap dong, Songpa Ku, Seoul 138 040 South Korea
Circulation 108:II324-8. 2003..have been contradictory reports about the outcomes of medically treated patients with type A aortic intramural hematoma (AIH), and it is not certain if the initial noninvasive imaging studies can provide any useful predictors for the ..
- Comparisons of 2/3Sh estimation technique to computer-assisted planimetric analysis in epidural, subdural and intracerebral hematomasKai Jun Zhao
Department of Neurosurgery, Rui Jin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, China
Neurol Res 32:910-7. 2010..suitable for the estimation of the epidural, acute subdural, most intracerebral and even some chronic subdural hematoma volume, but its accuracy was prone to be affected by some particular shapes of hematomas...
- Outcomes of patients with acute type a aortic intramural hematomaJae Kwan Song
Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, 388 1 Poongnap dong Songpa gu, Seoul, 138 736 South Korea
Circulation 120:2046-52. 2009The proper treatment option for patients with type A intramural hematoma (IMH), a variant form of classic aortic dissection (AD), remains controversial...
- Dermoscopy of subcorneal hematomaIris Zalaudek
Department of Dermatology, University of Graz, Graz, Austria
Dermatol Surg 30:1229-32. 2004Subcorneal hematoma is a pigmented skin lesion usually occurring on palms or soles after a trauma or sport activity...
- Spontaneous subcapsular splenic hematoma: a rare complication of pancreatitisVijaykumar G Patel
Department of Surgery, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30310, USA
Am Surg 71:1066-9. 2005Subcapsular hematoma of the spleen is a rare complication of pancreatitis despite its close proximity to the pancreas...
- Intramural hematoma of the cecum as the lead point of intussusception in an elderly patient with hemophilia A: report of a caseYoshifumi Nakayama
Department of Surgery 1, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, 1 1 Iseigaoka, Yahata nishi ku, Kita Kyushu, 807 8555, Japan
Surg Today 36:563-5. 2006..Hemophilia A is a congenital bleeding disorder characterized by a deficiency of coagulation factor VIII. Intramural hematoma of the colon is a very rare complication of this disease...
- Massive retroperitoneal hematoma during enoxaparin treatment of pulmonary embolism after primary total hip arthroplasty: case reports and review of the literatureMark C Lee
Brown University Department of Orthopaedics, Cooperative Care Building, Providence, Rhode Island 02908, USA
J Arthroplasty 21:1209-14. 2006..This article presents the first case of massive retroperitoneal hematoma during enoxaparin treatment of pulmonary embolism after a primary total hip arthroplasty and discusses several ..
- Risk of hematoma complications after device implant in the clopidogrel eraIlana B Kutinsky
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, William Beaumont Hospital, 3601 West 13 Mile Road, Royal Oak, MI 48073, USA
Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol 3:312-8. 2010Device implant pocket hematoma is a recognized complication after permanent pacemaker (PM) and implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) implantation...
- New development of an ulcerlike projection in aortic intramural hematoma: CT evaluationEijun Sueyoshi
Department of Radiology, Omura Municipal Hospital, Japan
Radiology 224:536-41. 2002To investigate the natural history and predictors of progression of a newly developed ulcerlike projection in patients with an aortic intramural hematoma.
- Fracture hematoma is a potent proinflammatory mediator of neutrophil functionMarcus Timlin
Departments of Orthopaedics, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Education and Research Centre, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
J Trauma 58:1223-9. 2005..This study was designed to evaluate in vitro the proinflammatory properties of fracture hematoma (FH).
- Late sciatic nerve palsy caused by hematoma after primary total hip arthroplastyMatthew S Austin
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Arthroplasty 19:790-2. 2004A case of late sciatic nerve palsy caused by subfascial hematoma after uncemented right total hip arthroplasty is reported...
- Intracerebral hematoma from aneurysm ruptureKhalid M Abbed
Department of Neurosurgery, Cerebrovascular Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Neurosurg Focus 15:E4. 2003Patients who present with an intraparenchymal hematoma associated with a ruptured aneurysm usually require urgent clot evacuation and aneurysm obliteration. The impact of the presence of hematoma on outcome has been poorly characterized...
- Hematoma rates in drainless deep-plane face-lift surgery with and without the use of fibrin glueRichard Zoumalan
Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Lenox Hill Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat Hospital, NY, NY, USA
Arch Facial Plast Surg 10:103-7. 2008To determine the rate of hematoma formation in drainless deep-plane rhytidectomy and compare it with the rate using the same technique with the use of fibrin glue.
- Meta-analyses of intracerebral hematoma treatmentIhsan Anik
Kocaeli University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Neurosurgery, Kocaeli, Turkey
Turk Neurosurg 21:6-14. 2011..this study is to define the position of surgery preference in the treatment choice for spontaneous intracerebral hematoma (ICH) and to compare the efficacy of surgery with the medical treatment based on data from 18 previously reported ..
- The hematoma block an effective alternative for fracture reduction in distal radius fracturesNeritan Myderrizi
University Service of Surgery, Orthopedic Clinic, Regional Hospital Durres, Albania
Med Arh 65:239-42. 2011An alternative to general anesthesia was tested against hematoma block by a double-blind, randomized clinical trial in reduction of Colles fracture.
- Acute femoral neuropathy secondary to an iliacus muscle hematomaM Seijo-Martinez
Neurology Service, Complexo Hospitalario de Pontevedra, Loureiro Crespo s n, Pontevedra 36 001, Spain
J Neurol Sci 209:119-22. 2003We present a patient with a spontaneous iliacus muscle hematoma, appearing immediately after a minor physical maneuver, presenting with pain and femoral neuropathy initially evidenced by massive quadriceps muscle fasciculations...
- Vulvar hematoma following a transobturator sling (TVT-O)Stephen R Richards
Womankind Health and Wellness, 6100 E Main St, Suite 105, Columbus, OH 43213, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 17:672-3. 2006..Reported is a patient who underwent a tension-free vaginal tape obturator (inside-to-out) procedure and who developed a vulvar hematoma.
- MECHANISMS OF BRAIN EDEMA AFTER INTRACEREBRAL HEMORRHAGEGuohua Xi; Fiscal Year: 2009..If the patient survives the ictus, the resulting hematoma within the brain parenchyma triggers a series of events leading to secondary insults and severe neurological ..
- Sutureless Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy Using Laser Tissue Welding: PreclinicYasmin Wadia; Fiscal Year: 2013..infection, intra-abdominal abscess formation and septicemia, b) late bleeding or secondary hemorrhage or hematoma;c) urine leak;d) damage to the kidney parenchyma evident by compromised renal function or long term renal ..
- Emergency Neurophysiological Assessment Bedside Logic EngineDon M Tucker; Fiscal Year: 2010..Many forms of neurological injury, such as hematoma or nonconvulsive seizure, are difficult to diagnose in the emergency room, and yet this is the point at which ..
- Effect of Inducible Antioxidants on Hemoglobin ToxicityRaymond F Regan; Fiscal Year: 2010..that hemoglobin (Hb) release from lysing erythrocytes may contribute to oxidative injury to tissue surrounding a hematoma. Prior studies have demonstrated that Hb toxicity is mediated by transfer of its heme moieties to nearby cells, ..
- Systemic Application for Injury Site Specific Delivery via Neutrophils to Treat BXUDONG J LI; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, the risks of epidural injections include, but are not limited to, epidural hematoma, epidural infection, nerve root injury, dural puncture, air embolism and vasovagal syncope...
- Pleiotropic Transcription Factors As Target For Intracerebral Hemorrhage TreatmenJaroslaw A Aronowski; Fiscal Year: 2012..stress, inflammation, and protect brain cells from damage, while Nrf2 gene deletion has the opposite effect;(2) Hematoma resolution: Activators of Nrf2 promote phagocytosis by brain microglia/macrophages and accelerate hematoma ..
- Low-cost handheld medical device for neuroaxial anesthesia guidance in the obeseFRANK WILLIAM MAULDIN; Fiscal Year: 2012..e. 40% - 80%) resulting in numerous health complications: headache, hematoma, backpain, vascular puncture, pleural puncture, pneumothorax, and paralysis...
- Endogenous Hemoglobin And Heme Detoxification After Intracerebral HemorrhageXiurong Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2013..and absorption of the hemolytic products (Hb and heme) is an important clinical challenge and critical for hematoma resolution...
- Role of Hyperglycemia in Intracerebral HemorrhageEdward P Feener; Fiscal Year: 2013..of symptomatic ICH in stroke patients treated with intravenous tissue plasminogen activator (tPA), and increased hematoma volume and expansion, which are significant and independent determinants of poor clinical outcomes...
- Protective Effect of Hemin Preconditioning after Intracerebral HemorrhageRaymond F Regan; Fiscal Year: 2013..A growing body of experimental evidence supports the hypothesis that release of hemin from the hematoma may contribute to oxidative cell injury in adjacent tissue...
- Combined Therapy for Intracerebral Hemorrhage TreatmentKenneth R Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2013..Additionally, we previously demonstrated that early surgical hematoma removal in our lobar ICH model markedly reduced perihematomal edema and protected the blood-brain-barrier (BBB)...
- A Nanofibrous Bioactive Hemodialysis Access GraftSAIF G PATHAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..BioAccess grafts will be evaluated for patency, infection-resistance, gross hematoma formation, surface thrombus formation and hyperplasia formation after being punctured various times for 30 and 60 ..
- Simvastatin treatment of experimental intracerebral hemorrhageDONALD M SEYFRIED; Fiscal Year: 2010..Local effects from the hematoma such as cerebral edema and altered cerebral blood flow will be measured by MR imaging, and the results of statin ..
- Ultrasound application in treatment of intra-cranial hemorrhageDOUGLAS R HANSMANN; Fiscal Year: 2010..ICH) is caused by a rupture of vessels which bleed directly into the brain tissue, forming a gradually enlarging hematoma (pooling of blood)...
- A fluorescent method to quantify neuronal injury after intracerebral hemorrhageRaymond F Regan; Fiscal Year: 2012..Although injury to tissue surrounding a hematoma was initially attributed to its mass effect, experimental evidence suggests that the hematoma per se may be toxic ..
- Antihypertensive Treatment of Acute Cerebral Hemorrhage (ATACH-II)ADNAN IQBAL QURESHI; Fiscal Year: 2013..beneficial effect of intensive treatment is presumably mediated through reduction of the rate and magnitude of hematoma expansion observed in approximately 73% of patients with acute ICH...
- Therapeutic Window for Acute Stroke Therapy (P50)Brett C Meyer; Fiscal Year: 2012..intracerebral hemorrhages to determine the sensitivity and specificity of CT angiography for the prediction of hematoma growth and to test the feasibility of CT angiography for the guidance of hemostatic therapy...
- Traumatic Brain Injury Clinical Trials NetworkHoward M Eisenberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..While the concept is simplistic it has the advantage of potentially mitigating brain swelling without hematoma or contusion, despite the specific mechanism or mechanisms of secondary injury active at any particular time ..
- Predictors of hematoma expansion in acute intracerebral hemorrhageJoshua N Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..Intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH) is the most fatal form of stroke, and no proven therapies are available. Hematoma expansion is the most feared complication of this disease, and therapies targeting this expansion are likely to ..
- Minimally Invasive Navigated Brain Hematoma Evacuation with Ultrasound MonitoringMichael Y Oh; Fiscal Year: 2010..who are not good candidates for aggressive medical management, new options for surgical evacuation of the hematoma are required in order to reduce these morbidity and mortality rates...
- Deferoxamine therapy for intracerebral hemorrhageGuohua Xi; Fiscal Year: 2010..If the patient survives the ictus, the resulting hematoma within brain parenchyma triggers a series of events leading to secondary insults and severe neurological deficits...
- Statistical and Data Coordinating Center for the ATACH - 2Yuko Y Palesch; Fiscal Year: 2013..this expected beneficial effect of intensive treatment is mediated through reduction of the rate and magnitude of hematoma expansion observed in approximately 38% of patients with acute ICH...
- Diagnostic Utility of MRI in Intracerebral HemorrhageCHRISTINE A WIJMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..investigate the diagnostic yield of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) in both the acute and chronic phase of the hematoma, including the evaluation of novel MRI sequences...
- SCORE-IT: The CTA Spot Sign Score in Acute Cerebral HemorrhageJonathan Rosand; Fiscal Year: 2013..and while there are currently no proven treatments for acute ICH, the observation that continued bleeding and hematoma growth commonly occur points to an inviting therapeutic target...
- CD47 and hematoma clearance in intracerebral hemorrhageYa Hua; Fiscal Year: 2013..If the patient survives the ictus, the resulting hematoma within the brain parenchyma triggers a series of events leading to secondary insults and severe neurological ..
- Analyses of gradient echo MRI dataYi Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..is well known to have blooming susceptibility artifacts that make it difficult to identify the true boundary of hematoma and overestimate hematoma volume, a critical parameter in managing ICH patients...
- EARLY HEMICRANIECTOMY TO MANAGE TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURYWilliam Coplin; Fiscal Year: 1999..Coma Scale score less than or equal to 9, with midline shift greater than the size of a surgically removable hematoma. Group I will receive standardized hemicraniectomy; Group II will undergo traditional craniotomy with or without ..
- University of Texas Specialized Program in Acute StrokeSean I Savitz; Fiscal Year: 2012..that first discovered that PPAR gamma agonists promoted the phagocytosis of the red blood cells comprising the hematoma. Project 2 is a direct clinical translation of that work...
- Recanalization Therapies and Markers of Stroke OutcomeJOSEPH PAUL BRODERICK; Fiscal Year: 2012..study of 184 subjects that examines the ability of contrast extravasation on CT angiography (CTA) to predict hematoma growth in patients with intracerebral hemorrhage and to explore the role CTA may play in treatment allocation ..
- MR IMAGING OF HEMORRHAGEKeith Thulborn; Fiscal Year: 1992..the hemorrhage will be used to study the time dependent evolution of iron-containing substances within the hematoma, including determination of biochemical form, concentration, and spatial distribution...
- Therapeutic targeting of CD36 after intracerebral hemorrhageKrishnan M Dhandapani; Fiscal Year: 2013..ICH is caused by a ruptured blood vessel within the brain, leading to the formation of a space occupying hematoma. Hematoma volume is clinically associated with neurological deterioration and higher mortality;however, many ICH ..
- NONINVASIVE DEVICE FOR SEALING VASCULAR ACCESS PUNCTURESThomas Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2001..These procedures are not performed without risk, and a number of complications such as hematoma, pseudoaneurysm, and arteriovenous fistula occur that are responsible for considerable morbidity and some ..
- Antihypertensive Treatment in Acute Cerebral HemorrhageAdnan Qureshi; Fiscal Year: 2006..Although early evidence suggests that acute hypertension (HTN) may predispose to hematoma expansion, the effect of aggressive treatment of acute HTN is yet to be determined...
- Role of NADPH Oxidase in ICH-Induced Brain InjuryJiping Tang; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our central hypothesis is that ICH elevates NADPH oxidase in the peri-hematoma area, which results in oxidative stress, leading to early brain injury (i.e...
- NON-INVASIVE PNEUMOTHORAX DETECTORALAN GRESZLER; Fiscal Year: 2009..The combined market for these applications is quite large. With further development, the device may be able to detect other trauma conditions, such as hematoma and hemorrhagic stroke.
- Genetic Risks for Medication-Related Hemorrhagic StrokeSteven Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..determinants of ICH outcome, we will also analyze the ICH cohort, prospectively, for the effects of genotype on hematoma volume, hematoma expansion, patient mortality, and functional status...
- ASSOCIATION OF NIPPLE ASPIRATES WITH CLINICAL FINDINGSEdward Sauter; Fiscal Year: 2001..Each procedure has the risk of hematoma formation and infection...
- Blood Pressure and Risks of Cardiac CatheterizationCheryl Dumont; Fiscal Year: 2005..Complications in this study are: hematoma, bleeding, arteriovenous fistula, pseudoaneurysm, retroperitoneal bleed, and vascular occlusion...
- TREATMENT OF PHYSIOLOGICAL DISTURBANCES IN HEAD INJURYRobert Grossman; Fiscal Year: 1993..These secondary processes include ischemia, hyperemia, edema, hypermetabolism, acidosis, inflammation and delayed hematoma formation...
- Genetic Determinants of Hematoma VolumeJonathan Rosand; Fiscal Year: 2006..The objectives of this proposal are to determine 1) whether APOE predicts large hematoma volume in acute ICK, acute hematoma enlargement, and poor clinical outcome from acute ICH, and 2) whether factor ..
- A Novel Protection Device for Shock Wave LithotripterJian Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2005..However, SWL also causes acute renal injury, such as hemorrhage, hematoma, edema and enlargement of kidney...
- A Novel Handheld Three-Dimensional Camera for Wound Healing MonitoringSTEVEN YI; Fiscal Year: 2009..would be particularly useful in helping clinicians assess healing status and judge the effect of hyperemia, hematoma, local inflammation, secondary infection, and tissue necrosis...
- Azulenyl nitrones: neuroprotectants in stroke and traumaMYRON GINSBERG; Fiscal Year: 2006..TBI studies will be performed in the standard moderate-to-severe fluid percussion model. Striatal intracerebral hematoma is produced by double blood injection...
- PRENATAL COCAINE EXPOSURE & CNS FUNCTION IN ADULT RATSSHELDON SPARBER; Fiscal Year: 1992..g. subdural hematoma or other evidence of CVA or seizures)...
- INFLAMMATION AND APOPTOSIS IN INTRACEREBRAL HEMORRHAGEMark Grossetete; Fiscal Year: 2005..proteolytically degrades the blood-brain barrier, results in the coalescing of multifocal hemorrhages into a hematoma that models hemorrhagic transformation (HT)...
- NON-INVASIVE PNEUMOTHORAX DETECTORFRANK DIFILIPPO; Fiscal Year: 2000..With further development, the device may be tuned to detect other trauma conditions, such as hematoma and hemorrhagic stroke.
- CLINICAL TEST OF NIR/PRM SENSOR FOR HEAD INJURY DIAGNOSIHyo Lee; Fiscal Year: 1999..needed for clinical applications, we will design and develop an instrument whose performance is optimized for hematoma detection...
- Pparg In Macrophage Promote Hematoma Absorption After Intracerebral HemorrhageXiurong Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2008..Even though patients survive the ictus, the resulting hematoma within brain parenchyma, triggers a series of events leading to secondary insults and severe neurological ..
- Cerebral Hemorrhage Model: Mechanisms and TreatmentsKenneth Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Etiology of cellular damage after experimental strokeJaroslaw Aronowski; Fiscal Year: 2005..These laboratory studies in animal models of hemorrhage and infarction will provide the framework for developing a possible new approach to therapy for stroke in humans. ..
- THE ROLE OF LYMPHOCYTES IN CEREBRAL ISCHEMIC INJURYKyra Becker; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- CNS antigen sensitization in stroke.Kyra Becker; Fiscal Year: 2009..Data derived from this study will be used to plan future trials of immunomodulation in patients with stroke. ..
- Novel treatment for stroke:Jaroslaw Aronowski; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study should provide the necessary information to translate our experimental results with this novel and potentially useful drug combination to clinical therapeutic trials in human stroke patients. ..
- New Target For Stroke: Peroxisome Proliferator Activated Receptor-GammaJaroslaw Aronowski; Fiscal Year: 2008..3. To evaluate optimal conditions (selection of drug, dose, time window for effective treatment, tolerance, and effectiveness in permanent vs. reversible ischemia) for the anti-ischemic activity of PPARy agonists. ..
- Delayed Neurodegeneration After Intracerebral HemorrhageGuohua Xi; Fiscal Year: 2007..If the patient survives the ictus, the resulting hematoma within brain parenchyma triggers a series of events leading to secondary insults and severe neurological deficits...
- An Automated System to Monitor Medical Device SafetyFrederic Resnic; Fiscal Year: 2009..This approach can be readily extended to monitor the safety of technologies outside of interventional cardiology as outcomes data repositories become available. ..
- ADIPOSE DERIVED STEM CELLS FOR TREATMENT OF INCONTINENCELARISSA RODRIGUEZ; Fiscal Year: 2008..Lastly, we will use an animal model of incontinence and decreased urethral resistance to test the hypothesis that these cells can be used to reconstruct a functional urethra as a treatment of stress incontinence. ..
- TISSUE VIABILITY IN STROKE BY SODIUM MR IMAGINGKeith Thulborn; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- TEM with Digital and Cryopreparation SystemsAndrew Evan; Fiscal Year: 2003..Dr. Richard Gregory will employ immunohistochemistry to examine the role of a Streptococcus mutans 65 kDa fimbrial protein binding as a mechanism for the induction of dental carries. ..
- Evaluation of Antioxidant Suppl in Focal CNS IschemiaWayne Clark; Fiscal Year: 2003..The information obtained from this project will be critical in planning future clinical stroke trials involving these agents. ..
- Gene Discovery in Heritable Renal HypodysplasiaScott Lozanoff; Fiscal Year: 2007..This sequence will be subjected to a mouse-human homology search and it is likely that a corresponding human gene will be identified since distal murine chr17 shares a high degree of sequence affinity with human chr 2p21.1. ..
- Oral Care and Respiratory Pathogen ColonizationOzan Akca; Fiscal Year: 2004..Reducing respiratory pathogen colonization in the mouth could significantly reduce the morbidity and cost of VAP. ..
- Clinical trial design and analysis in traumatic brain injuryAndrew Maas; Fiscal Year: 2009..IMPACT: International Mission on Prognosis and Analysis of Clinical Trials in TBI. ..