Genomes and Genes
Summary: Pathological processes consisting of the union of the opposing surfaces of a wound.
Publications268 found, 100 shown here
- Molecular characterization of postoperative adhesions: the adhesion phenotypeGhassan M Saed
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, USA
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 11:307-14. 2004..To date, approaches to limit adhesions primarily have involved barriers to separate tissue during reepithelization...
- Consequences and complications of peritoneal adhesionsH van Goor
Department of Surgery, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Colorectal Dis 9:25-34. 2007..b>Adhesions to the ventral abdominal wall are responsible for the majority of trocar injuries...
- Peritoneal molecular environment, adhesion formation and clinical implicationNasser Chegini
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Institute for Wound Research, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Front Biosci 7:e91-115. 2002Whether induced by infection, inflammation, ischemia, and/or surgical injury, peritoneal adhesions are the leading cause of pelvic pain, bowel obstruction and infertility...
- Prevention of adhesions by bioresorbable tissue barrier following laparoscopic intraabdominal mesh insertionM Mahir Ozmen
Department of Surgery and Pathology, Ankara Numune Teaching and Research Hospital, Turkey
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 12:342-6. 2002Intraabdominal adhesions represent a significant problem because of the morbidity associated with adhesive disease, including small bowel obstruction, difficulties in reoperative surgery, and possibly chronic pain...
- Laparoscopy for adhesionsPetachia Reissman
Department of Surgery, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Semin Laparosc Surg 10:185-90. 2003Intestinal and abdominal adhesions may be responsible for a variety of clinical conditions, including chronic recurrent small-bowel obstruction, acute small-bowel obstruction, closed-loop bowel obstruction and, debatably, abdominal or ..
- Fewer adhesions induced by laparoscopic surgery?C N Gutt
Department of General, Visceral and Trauma Surgery, Ruprecht Karls University, Im Neuenheimer Feld 110, 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Surg Endosc 18:898-906. 2004..Laparoscopic surgery has potential theoretical advantages over open surgery in reducing the rate of adhesion formation, but very few comparative studies are available to prove this...
- Prevention of peritendinous adhesions using a hyaluronan-derived hydrogel film following partial-thickness flexor tendon injuryYanchun Liu
Center for Therapeutic Biomaterials and Department of Medicinal Chemistry, The University of Utah, 419 Wakara Way, Suite 205, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108 1257, USA
J Orthop Res 26:562-9. 2008Peritendinous adhesions are an important complication of flexor tendon injury. Three hyaluronan (HA)-derived biomaterials were evaluated for the reduction of peritendinous adhesions following partial-thickness tendon injury in rabbits...
- In vivo performance of antibiotic embedded electrospun PCL membranes for prevention of abdominal adhesionsN Bolgen
Chemical Engineering Department and Bioengineering Division and TUBITAK USAM Biyomedtek, Hacettepe University, Beytepe, Ankara, Turkey
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 81:530-43. 2007..PCL) and their antibiotic containing forms by electrospinning, so as to prevent postsurgery induced abdominal adhesions in rats...
- Reduction of neural adhesions by biodegradable autocrosslinked hyaluronic acid gel after injury of peripheral nerves: an experimental studyXander Smit
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Erasmus MC University Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Neurosurg 101:648-52. 2004..The authors aimed to develop an objective biomechanical method of quantifying nerve adhesions and to use this technique for the evaluation of the efficacy of an autocrosslinked hyaluronic acid (HA) gel as ..
- Population-based study of the surgical workload and economic impact of bowel obstruction caused by postoperative adhesionsJ Kössi
Department of Surgery, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Br J Surg 90:1441-4. 2003Intestinal obstruction is the most severe consequence of adhesion formation. This study examined the annual surgical workload and costs of intestinal obstruction caused by postoperative intra-abdominal adhesions.
- Comparative effectiveness of several agents for preventing postoperative adhesionsJehat Kutlay
2nd General Surgery Department, SSK Ankara Teaching Hospital, Ankara 06090, Turkey
World J Surg 28:662-5. 2004Postoperative adhesions (PAs) are usually clinically asymptomatic...
- In situ cross-linkable hyaluronic acid hydrogels prevent post-operative abdominal adhesions in a rabbit modelYoon Yeo
Department of Chemical Engineering, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, 02139, USA
Biomaterials 27:4698-705. 2006..the efficacy of an in situ cross-linked hyaluronic acid hydrogel (HAX) in preventing post-surgical peritoneal adhesions, using a rabbit sidewall defect-cecum abrasion model...
- Modulation of the expression of tissue plasminogen activator and its inhibitor by hypoxia in human peritoneal and adhesion fibroblastsGhassan M Saed
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and the C S Mott Center for Human Growth and Development, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Fertil Steril 79:164-8. 2003..To determine whether normal peritoneal and adhesion fibroblasts express tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) and plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI-I) and whether their expression is regulated by oxygen...
- Intrauterine adhesions after conservative and surgical management of spontaneous abortionWing Hung Tam
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 9:182-5. 2002To determine the frequency of intrauterine adhesions (IUA) after conservative management, medical evacuation, and surgical evacuation for spontaneous abortion.
- Prevention of abdominal adhesions--present state and what's beyond the horizon?B Tingstedt
Department of Surgery, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Eur Surg Res 39:259-68. 2007Intra-abdominal adhesions are normally found after most surgical procedures...
- Adhesions in a murine flexor tendon graft model: autograft versus allograft reconstructionSys Hasslund
The Center for Musculoskeletal Research, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York, USA
J Orthop Res 26:824-33. 2008Reconstruction of flexor tendons often results in adhesions that compromise joint flexion. Little is known about the factors involved in the formation of flexor tendon graft adhesions...
- Evaluation of hyaluronic acid sheet for the prevention of postlaminectomy adhesionsTsuyoshi Kato
Department of Spinal and Orthopaedic Surgery, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Graduate School of Medicine, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 5819, Japan
Spine J 5:479-88. 2005..Hyaluronic acid (HA) solution and gel have been reported to be effective in preventing adhesions postlaminectomy; however, neither has been used clinically after spinal surgery.
- Prevention of peritendinous adhesions following flexor tendon injury with seprafilmAdnan Menderes
Dokuz Eylul University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, Izmir, Turkey
Ann Plast Surg 53:560-4. 2004Peritendinous adhesions are the most important complication of flexor tendon injury. In this study, Seprafilm was used for the prevention of peritendinous adhesions following flexor tendon repair...
- Abdominal adhesions: intestinal obstruction, pain, and infertilityW W Vrijland
Department of Gynecology, Erasmus Medical Center, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 CD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Surg Endosc 17:1017-22. 2003b>Adhesions cause bowel obstruction, chronic abdominal pain, and infertility. In this review, the incidence, clinical signs, diagnostic procedures, and treatment of these sequels of abdominal surgery are discussed...
- A randomized, controlled pilot study of the safety and efficacy of 4% icodextrin solution in the reduction of adhesions following laparoscopic gynaecological surgeryG S diZerega
University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Hum Reprod 17:1031-8. 2002Adhesion-related readmissions are frequent sequelae to gynaecological surgery. Attempts to prevent adhesions by separating healing peritoneal surfaces include site-specific barriers and hydroflotation by instilled solutions...
- Prevention of postoperative peritoneal adhesions: effects of lysozyme, polylysine and polyglutamate versus hyaluronic acidLaszlo Nehez
Department of Surgery, Lund University, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 40:1118-23. 2005Intraperitoneal adhesions are an important cause of postoperative intestinal obstruction, abdominal discomfort and infertility...
- Adhesions and colorectal surgery - call for actionM C Parker
Darent Valley Hospital, Dartford, Kent, UK
Colorectal Dis 9:66-72. 2007Mounting evidence highlights that adhesions are now the most frequent complication of abdominopelvic surgery, yet many surgeons are still not aware of the extent of the problem and its serious consequences...
- Use of transabdominal ultrasound to identify intraabdominal adhesions prior to laparoscopy: a prospective blinded studyShanu N Kothari
Minimally Invasive Bariatric Surgery Clinic, Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center, La Crosse, WI, USA
Am J Surg 192:843-7. 2006The aim of the current study was to assess the accuracy of transabdominal ultrasound (TAU) in identifying intra-abdominal adhesions (IAA) prior to laparoscopy in patients with previous abdominal surgery.
- Interosseous-lumbrical adhesions of the hand: contribution of magnetic resonance imaging to diagnosis and treatment planningVirak Tan
Division of Hand and Microsurgery, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey NJ Medical School, 90 Bergen Street, DOC Suite 5200, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
J Hand Surg Am 27:639-43. 2002..have not found magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to be helpful in the diagnosis of interosseous-lumbrical tendon adhesions of the hand...
- Development of peritoneal adhesions in macrophage depleted miceSandra H Burnett
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Biology, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah 84602, USA
J Surg Res 131:296-301. 2006BACKGROUND: We present a new mouse model for the study of peritoneal adhesions using macrophage Fas-induced apoptosis (Mafia) transgenic mice expressing a Fas-FKBP construct under control of the murine c-fms promoter...
- Intraperitoneal administration of adenosine inhibits formation of abdominal adhesionsEdwin K Jackson
Center for Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 47:1390-6. 2004..fibroblast proliferation and collagen production and inflammation and enhances angiogenesis, we tested the hypothesis that adenosine applied into the abdominal cavity safely and effectively reduces formation of abdominal adhesions.
- Transvaginal three-dimensional ultrasonography combined with serum CA 125 level for the diagnosis of pelvic adhesions before laparoscopic surgeryKok Min Seow
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 10:320-6. 2003To investigate the role of transvaginal three-dimensional ultrasonography combined with serum CA 125 level in diagnosing pelvic adhesions before scheduled laparoscopic surgery.
- Cyclooxygenase-2 is expressed in human fibroblasts isolated from intraperitoneal adhesions but not from normal peritoneal tissuesGhassan M Saed
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Fertil Steril 79:1404-8. 2003..To determine whether the COX-2 gene is expressed in human fibroblasts isolated from normal peritoneal and adhesion tissues...
- Peritoneal effects of prosthetic meshes used to repair abdominal wall defects: monitoring adhesions by sequential laparoscopyJuan M Bellon
Department of Surgery, Alcala University, Madrid, Spain
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 17:160-6. 2007..This interface is often a site of complications such as intestinal obstruction or fistulas due to adhesions. The aim of this study was to follow the process of adhesion formation in several prosthetic materials by ..
- Medicolegal consequences of adhesionsHarold Ellis
Division of Anatomy, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Biomedical Science, London SE1 1UL
Hosp Med 65:348-50. 2004Postoperative intra-abdominal adhesions are an almost invariable consequence of abdominal and pelvic surgery...
- Transplantation of an autologous mesothelial cell sheet prepared from tunica vaginalis prevents post-operative adhesions in a canine modelTouko Asano
Department of Urology, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Tissue Eng 12:2629-37. 2006Post-operative adhesions often cause severe complications such as bowel obstruction and abdominopelvic pain. Previously, we reported that transplantation of a mesothelial cell sheet is effective for preventing adhesion in rat model...
- Collagen foil (TissuFoil E) reduces the formation of adhesions when using polypropylene mesh for the repair of experimental abdominal wall defectsFrank Schönleben
Chirurgische Klinik mit Poliklinik der Universität Erlangen Nürnberg, Krankenhausstr 12, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Int J Colorectal Dis 21:840-6. 2006..Severe adhesions are a common cause of intestinal obstruction, or even intestinal fistulas...
- Differently charged polypeptides in the prevention of post-surgical peritoneal adhesionsLaszlo Nehez
Department of Surgery, Lund University Hospital, SE 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 42:519-23. 2007Peritoneal adhesions develop after almost all surgical interventions in the abdomen...
- Identification of adhesions on CT in small-bowel obstructionBojan Petrovic
Department of Radiology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Suite 800, 676 N Saint Clair Street, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Emerg Radiol 12:88-93; discussion 94-5. 2006Identification of adhesions on computed tomography (CT) in cases of small-bowel obstruction (SBO) is currently a diagnosis of exclusion...
- Inhibition of chemokines prevents intraperitoneal adhesions in miceMurat Berkkanoglu
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8063, USA
Hum Reprod 20:3047-52. 2005..The present study evaluates the efficacy of a broad-spectrum chemokine inhibitor, NR58-3.14.3, in the prevention of adhesion formation after i.p. surgery in mice...
- Omentum prevents intestinal adhesions to mesh graft in abdominal infections and serosal defectsB Karabulut
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Gazi University, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Surg Endosc 20:978-82. 2006..In this study, the effects resulting from the presence or absence of the omentum were evaluated in the setting of infection or serosal defects in the formation of adhesions in abdominal closures using mesh grafts.
- Peritoneal adhesions: pathogenesis, assessment and effectsM P Senthilkumar
Department of Surgery, Dumfries and Galloway Royal Infirmary, Dumfries, UK
Trop Gastroenterol 27:11-8. 2006As modem surgery has evolved, there has been an increase in iatrogenic peritoneal adhesions. Most surgeons manage adhesions and their related complications on a regular basis...
- Reduction of postoperative adhesions by N,O-carboxymethylchitosan and spermine NONOate in ratsBulent Duran
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cumhuriyet University School of Medicine, 58140 Sivas, Turkey
Exp Anim 52:267-72. 2003Postsurgical adhesions can occur following virtually all types of surgery, resulting in serious clinical complications. Therefore, prevention of adhesions is an important goal of surgical practice...
- Adhesion formation after laparoscopic excision of endometriosis and lysis of adhesionsJason D Parker
National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Fertil Steril 84:1457-61. 2005..To evaluate adhesion reformation after laparoscopic excision of endometriosis and adhesiolysis in women with chronic pelvic pain...
- Clinical evaluation of a viscoelastic gel for reduction of adhesions following gynaecological surgery by laparoscopy in EuropeP Lundorff
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Viborg Hospital, Viborg, Denmark
Hum Reprod 20:514-20. 2005..Commonly used adhesion prevention devices either cannot be applied or are difficult to use via laparoscopy. A viscoelastic gel was developed specifically for adhesion prophylaxis during minimally invasive surgery...
- The prevalence of interstitial cystitis, endometriosis, adhesions, and vulvar pain in women with chronic pelvic painEdward J Stanford
Department of Urogynecology Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Mary s Good Samaritan Hospital, Centralia, Illinois 62801, USA
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 12:43-9. 2005..To estimate the prevalence of bladder-origin pain, intraperitoneal pathology, and vulvar pain in patients undergoing laparoscopy for chronic pelvic pain (CPP)...
- Peritoneal fluid concentrations of matrix metalloproteinase-9, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1, and transforming growth factor-beta in women with pelvic adhesionsYing C Cheong
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, St Mary s Hospital, Milton Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 79:1168-75. 2003..tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1), and transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) is influenced by the presence or absence of adhesions, and whether the concentration of these mediators vary throughout the menstrual cycle.
- Apoptosis and proliferation of human peritoneal fibroblasts in response to hypoxiaGhassan M Saed
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and the C S Mott Center for Human Growth and Development, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Fertil Steril 78:137-43. 2002To determine the effect of hypoxia on apoptosis and proliferation of fibroblasts cultured from normal peritoneum or adhesions.
- Comparison of two laparoscopic treatments for experimentally induced abdominal adhesions in pony foalsJennifer L Lansdowne
Department of Clinical Studies, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Canada
Am J Vet Res 65:681-6. 2004To compare laparoscopic dissection with-laparoscopic dissection combined with abdominal instillation of ferric hyaluronate gel for the treatment of experimentally induced adhesions in pony foals.
- Complications and feasibility of laparoscopic adhesiolysis in patients with chronic abdominal pain. A retrospective studyD J Swank
Department of Surgery, Groene Hart Hospital, Gouda, PO Box 1098, 2800 BB Gouda, The Netherlands
Surg Endosc 16:1468-73. 2002..A retrospective study was done to determine whether laparoscopic adhesiolysis benefits patients with chronic abdominal pain. Factors that influence complications and feasibility of laparoscopic adhesiolysis were evaluated...
- Bowel injury as a complication of laparoscopyM van der Voort
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Surg 91:1253-8. 2004..Bowel injury is a rare but serious complication of laparoscopic surgery. This review examines the incidence, location, time of diagnosis, causative instruments, management and mortality of laparoscopy-induced bowel injury...
- Complete hypopharyngeal obstruction by mucosal adhesions: a complication of intensive chemoradiation for advanced head and neck cancerElizabeth J Franzmann
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1475 NW 12th Avenue, Suite 4037, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Head Neck 28:663-70. 2006..seen with complete obstruction of the hypopharynx distal to the site of the primary cancer, and in whom we postulate that the obstruction was caused by separable mucosal adhesions rather than obliteration by a mature fibrous stricture.
- Evaluation of laparoscopic adhesiolysis for the treatment of experimentally induced adhesions in pony foalsLudovic P Boure
Department of Clinical Studies, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Canada
Am J Vet Res 63:289-94. 2002To assess the efficacy of laparoscopic adhesiolysis in the treatment of experimentally induced adhesions in foals.
- Two experimental models for generating abdominal adhesionsWolfgang B Gaertner
Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota, 420 Delaware St SE, MMC 195, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Surg Res 146:241-5. 2008To develop dependable rat models for generating abdominal adhesions that allow for objective evaluation and quantification.
- Special techniques in pain management: lysis of adhesionsCarlos O Viesca
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 3601 4th Street, Room 1C 282, Lubbock, TX 79430, USA
Anesthesiol Clin North America 21:745-66, vi. 2003..To enhance treatment outcome, an understanding of the pathophysiology of the underlying pain and the design of target-specific treatment modalities is important...
- Adhesions caused by umbilical piercingGary Ventolini
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Good Samaritan Hospital, Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 10:281. 2003..Diagnostic laparoscopy revealed an umbilical adhesion from the small bowel to the anterior abdominal wall. The patient removed the umbilical piercing but declined surgery for adhesiolysis...
- Long-term follow-up and cost analysis following surgery for small bowel obstruction caused by intra-abdominal adhesionsB Tingstedt
Department of Surgery, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Br J Surg 94:743-8. 2007This study examined the natural course of patients following surgery for small bowel obstruction (SBO) caused by abdominal adhesions. In addition, a cost analysis was performed.
- Intraobserver and interobserver reliability of videotaped laparoscopy evaluations for endometriosis and adhesionsPhilomeen T M Weijenborg
Department of Gynecology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Fertil Steril 87:373-80. 2007..To determine the intra- and interobserver reliability of evaluations during videotaped laparoscopy, with real-time laparoscopy as the "gold standard."..
- The effects of a combination of hyaluronic and amniotic membrane on the formation of peritendinous adhesions after flexor tendon surgery in chickensG Y Ozgenel
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Division of Hand Surgery, Uludag University Medical School, Bursa, Turkey
J Bone Joint Surg Br 86:301-7. 2004..the effects of the intra-operative application of a combination of hyaluronic acid and amniotic membrane on adhesions in the flexor tendons of a chicken model...
- The preventive effect of Rofecoxib in postoperative intraperitoneal adhesionsM Aldemir
Department of General Surgery, Dicle University, Faculty of Medicine, Diyarbakir, Turkey
Acta Chir Belg 104:97-100. 2004..Therefore, we planned this study to experimentally evaluate the effects of Rofecoxib, the selective cyclo-oxygenase-2 inhibitor, in postoperative intraperitoneal adhesions in an animal model.
- Camptothecin-loaded films for the prevention of postsurgical adhesionsJ Cashman
ARC Pharmaceuticals Inc, University of British Columbia, 102 2386 East Mall, Vancouver BC, Canada
Inflamm Res 53:355-62. 2004..The purpose of this work was to investigate the local application of camptothecin (CPT), a drug with anti-inflammatory, antiproliferative and antiangiogenic properties, as an inhibitor of surgical adhesion formation in rats...
- Mast cells facilitate local VEGF release as an early event in the pathogenesis of postoperative peritoneal adhesionsRonan A Cahill
Department of Academic Surgery, Cork University Hospital, Ireland
Surgery 140:108-12. 2006..Peritoneal mast cells are likely to initiate this process, whereas vascular permeability/endothelial growth factor (VEGF) may facilitate the degree to which subsequent adhesion formation occurs...
- Impact of adhesions in colorectal surgeryR Bhardwaj
Department of Surgery, Darent Valley Hospital, Kent, UK
Colorectal Dis 9:45-53. 2007The extent of the problem of adhesions is considerable and poses a significant burden on healthcare systems, the workload of surgeons and the lives of patients...
- Role of laparoscopy in identifying the clinical significance and cause of adhesions and chronic pelvic pain: a retrospective review at the Kiel School of Gynecological EndoscopyLiselotte Mettler
Kiel School of Gynecological Endoscopy, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospitals Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Michaelisstrasse 16, Kiel 24105, Germany
JSLS 11:303-8. 2007We sought to define the role of laparoscopy in identifying the clinical significance, cause, and association between adhesions and chronic pelvic pain.
- Can arthrocentesis release intracapsular adhesions? Arthroscopic findings before and after irrigation under sufficient hydraulic pressureShinya Yura
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Tonami General Hospital, 1 6 Shintomi cho, Tonami City, Toyama ken 939 1395, Japan
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 61:1253-6. 2003To investigate the effect of release of intra-articular adhesions of arthrocentesis, we examined patients with closed lock of the temporomandibular joint by arthroscopy before and after irrigation.
- Ovarian endometrioma: postoperative adhesions following bipolar coagulation and sutureM Pellicano
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
Fertil Steril 89:796-9. 2008To compare bipolar coagulation and suturing of the ovary in terms of postoperative ovarian adhesions after laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy for endometriosis.
- The role of laparoscopic adhesiolysis in the treatment of patients with chronic abdominal pain or recurrent bowel obstructionVafa Shayani
Department of Surgery, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
JSLS 6:111-4. 2002..Laparoscopic adhesiolysis may provide relief of symptoms in patients with prior abdominal surgery with chronic abdominal pain or recurrent bowel obstruction...
- The effect of resveratrol on surgery-induced peritoneal adhesions in an experimental modelGokhan Sogutlu
General Surgery Department, Inonu University Medical School, Malatya, Turkey
Cell Biochem Funct 25:217-20. 2007..001, respectively). Introduction of resveratrol into the peritoneal cavity at the time of surgery reduced adhesion formation effectively in this model. Resveratrol probably acts through reduction of lipid peroxidation products...
- Polymers in the prevention of peritoneal adhesionsYoon Yeo
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayelte IN, USA
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 68:57-66. 2008Peritoneal adhesions are serious complications of surgery, and can result in pain, infertility, and potentially lethal bowel obstruction...
- Effectiveness of auto-cross-linked hyaluronic acid gel in the prevention of intrauterine adhesions after hysteroscopic adhesiolysis: a prospective, randomized, controlled studyGiuseppe Acunzo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Naples Federico II, Via S Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Hum Reprod 18:1918-21. 2003A prospective, randomized, controlled study was performed to assess the efficacy of auto-cross-linked hyaluronic acid (ACP) gel in preventing the development of intrauterine adhesions following hysteroscopic adhesiolysis.
- Temporary ovarian suspension at laparoscopy for prevention of adhesionsMostafa I Abuzeid
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology, Hurley Medical Center, Two Hurley Plaza, Suite 101, Flint, MI 48503, USA
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 9:98-102. 2002..In four patients (80%), we found no evidence of recurrent adhesions. The remaining 20% had minimal adhesions...
- Endometrial thickness measured by ultrasound scan in women with uterine outlet obstruction due to intrauterine or upper cervical adhesionsSin Ting Lo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Queen Elizabeth II Research Institute for Mothers and Infants, University of Sydney, NSW 2006 Australia
Hum Reprod 23:306-9. 2008A subgroup of women with Asherman's syndrome has adhesions of limited extent completely blocking the lower uterine cavity or upper cervix, whereas the upper endometrium remains normal. Haematometra are rarely found in these women...
- Prevention of postoperative abdominal adhesions by a novel, glycerol/sodium hyaluronate/carboxymethylcellulose-based bioresorbable membrane: a prospective, randomized, evaluator-blinded multicenter studyZane Cohen
Department of Surgery, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Dis Colon Rectum 48:1130-9. 2005Postoperative abdominal adhesions are associated with significant morbidity and mortality, placing a substantial burden on healthcare systems worldwide...
- Prevention of intraperitoneal adhesions by intraperitoneal lavage and intraperitoneal 5-fluorouracil: experimental studiesSophie R Pestieau
The Washington Cancer Institute, Washington Hospital Center, District of Columbia 20010, USA
Int Surg 87:195-200. 2002Postoperative adhesions remain the leading cause of small bowel obstruction. Peritoneal adhesions were induced in 180 rats by scraping the cecum and burning the adjacent parietal peritoneum by electrocoagulation...
- Crosslinked hyaluronan hydrogels containing mitomycin C reduce postoperative abdominal adhesionsYanchun Liu
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, The University of Utah, 419 Wakara Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Fertil Steril 83:1275-83. 2005To evaluate the efficacy of crosslinked hyaluronan (HA) hydrogels that contained covalently-bound mitomycin C (MMC) in reducing postoperative adhesions in a rat uterine horn model.
- Laparoscopic lysis of adhesionsRitu Chopra
Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Am Surg 69:966-8. 2003..01), bowel resection (P < 0.01) and op-time (P < 0.003). Laparoscopic release of adhesions is a viable option in the surgical management of small bowel obstruction...
- Retroperitoneoscopic subcapsular nephrectomy for infective nonfunctioning kidney with dense perinephric adhesionsZhang Xu
Department of Urology, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, PR China
BJU Int 94:1329-31. 2004To evaluate the feasibility and clinical efficacy of retroperitoneoscopic subcapsular nephrectomy for infective nonfunctioning kidneys with dense perinephric adhesions.
- Expression of transforming growth factor beta isoform mRNA in injured peritoneum that healed with adhesions and without adhesions and in uninjured peritoneumMichael L Freeman
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Detroit Medical Center, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Fertil Steril 80:708-13. 2003..the mRNA levels of transforming growth factor beta (TGF-beta) isoforms 1, 2, and 3 among surgically injured peritoneum that healed with adhesions, surgically injured peritoneum that healed without adhesions, and uninjured peritoneum.
- Effectiveness of auto-crosslinked hyaluronic acid gel in the prevention of intrauterine adhesions after hysteroscopic surgery: a prospective, randomized, controlled studyMaurizio Guida
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Naples Federico II, Via S Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Hum Reprod 19:1461-4. 2004A prospective, randomized, controlled study was performed to assess the efficacy of auto-crosslinked hyaluronic acid (ACP) gel to prevent the development of de-novo intrauterine adhesions following hysteroscopic surgery.
- Reduction of postoperative adhesions with an auto-crosslinked hyaluronan gel in gynaecological laparoscopic surgery: a blinded, controlled, randomized, multicentre studyV Mais
Division of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Pathophysiology of Human Reproduction, Department of Surgery, Maternal Fetal Medicine and Imaging, University of Cagliari, Italy
Hum Reprod 21:1248-54. 2006Following myomectomy, postoperative adhesions occur in many patients with adverse effects on fertility...
- An evaluation of low molecular weight heparin and hyperbaric oxygen treatment in the prevention of intra-abdominal adhesions and wound healingSoykan Arikan
General Surgery Clinic, Haseki Education and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Am J Surg 189:155-60. 2005Abdominal surgery can lead to intra-abdominal adhesions with significant morbidity and mortality...
- Laparoscopic compared with conventional treatment of acute adhesive small bowel obstructionC Wullstein
Chirurgische Abteilung, Allgemeines Krankenhaus Barmbek, Hamburg, Germany
Br J Surg 90:1147-51. 2003Although laparoscopy may be associated with fewer intra-abdominal adhesions and quicker recovery of bowel function, it remains unclear whether patients with acute small bowel obstruction (SBO) might benefit from laparoscopic techniques.
- Prevention of adhesion to prosthetic mesh: comparison of different barriers using an incisional hernia modelMartijne van 't Riet
Department of General Surgery, Erasmus University Medical Centre, Rotterdam Dijkzigt, The Netherlands
Ann Surg 237:123-8. 2003..To assess whether use of antiadhesive liquids or coatings could prevent adhesion formation to prosthetic mesh...
- Cine magnetic resonance imaging vs high-resolution ultrasonography for detection of adhesions after laparoscopic and open incisional hernia repair: a matched pair pilot analysisT Mussack
Department of Surgery Innenstadt, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Nussbaumstrasse 20, 80336, Munchen, Germany
Surg Endosc 19:1538-43. 2005Intraabdominal adhesions represent nonspecific complications before or after laparoscopic or open incisional hernia repair...
- The difficult patient in gastroenterology: chronic pelvic pain, adhesions, and sub occlusive episodesA A W Peters
Department of Gynaecology, Leiden University Medical Centre, K 6 P, Albinusdreef 2, 2333 ZA Leiden, The Netherlands
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 21:445-63. 2007Chronic pelvic pain (CPP) with or without adhesions and symptoms of intestinal occlusion is a complex but relatively common complaint. The etiology and pathophysiology of CPP and adhesions are unclear, as is their possible relation...
- Adhesions and adhesiolysis: the role of laparoscopyStephen M Kavic
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06512, USA
JSLS 6:99-109. 2002b>Adhesions commonly result from abdominal and pelvic surgical procedures and may result in intestinal obstruction, infertility, chronic pain, or complicate subsequent operations...
- Epidemiology of adhesions: the burdenMichael C Parker
Darent Valley Hospital, Dartford, Kent DA2 8DA
Hosp Med 65:330-6. 2004..The clinical consequences and burden of disease are reviewed...
- The prevention of peritoneal adhesions by in situ cross-linking hydrogels of hyaluronic acid and cellulose derivativesTaichi Ito
Department of Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 45 Carleton St, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Biomaterials 28:975-83. 2007Post-operative peritoneal adhesions can cause pelvic pain, infertility, and potentially lethal bowel obstruction...
- Adhesions in patients with chronic pelvic pain: a role for adhesiolysis?Ahmad Hammoud
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wayne State University The Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Fertil Steril 82:1483-91. 2004To review the relation between adhesions and pelvic pain and the effectiveness of adhesiolysis in pain control.
- Comparison of the reduction of postoperative adhesions by two barriers, one solution, and two pharmacologic agents in the rat uterine modelTevfik Yoldemir
Second Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinic, Sisli Etfal Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Fertil Steril 78:335-9. 2002..To evaluate the effects of two barriers, one solution, and two pharmacologic agents, in single or in combined use, for preventing postsurgical adhesion formation in the rat model...
- Midkine, a heparin-binding cytokine, plays key roles in intraperitoneal adhesionsKazuhiko Inoh
Department of Biochemistry, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 317:108-13. 2004..Therefore, midkine was concluded to play important roles in the formation of intraperitoneal adhesions, at least partly by promoting the migration of macrophages and neutrophils to the omentum.
- The effects of anti-adhesion materials in preventing postoperative adhesion in abdominal cavity (anti-adhesion materials for postoperative adhesions)Mustafa Sahin
Department of General Surgery, Selcuk University Meram Medical Faculty, Konya, Turkey
Inflammation 30:244-9. 2007The purpose of this study was to compare the effects of anti-adhesion materials in postoperative adhesions.
- Laparoscopic lysis of adhesionsSamuel Szomstein
Bariatric Institute, Section of Minimally Invasive Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Florida, 2950 Cleveland Clinic Blvd, Weston, Florida 33331, USA
World J Surg 30:535-40. 2006Intra-abdominal adhesions constitute between 49% and 74% of the causes of small bowel obstruction...
- Detection of peritoneal adhesions using ultrasound examination for the evaluation of an innovative intraperitoneal meshC Aube
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Angers, 49033 Angers Cedex, France
Surg Endosc 18:131-5. 2004..study, we evaluated the efficiency of a specific ultrasound examination in detecting postoperative bowel adhesions and assessed the adhesion rate associated with the intraperitoneal use of Parietex composite mesh (polyester ..
- Reduction of adhesions with composite AlloDerm/polypropylene mesh implants for abdominal wall reconstructionCharles E Butler
Department of Plastic Surgery, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 114:464-73. 2004..includes the use of structural prosthetic materials, such as polypropylene mesh, that can induce dense abdominal adhesions to peritoneal structures. AlloDerm (LifeCell Corp., Branchburg, N.J...
- Metabolic regulation of collagen I in fibroblasts isolated from normal peritoneum and adhesions by dichloroacetic acidMichael P Diamond
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wayne State University Detroit Medical Center, Hutzel Hospital, Mich 48201, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 187:1456-60; discussion 1460-1. 2002We have previously demonstrated that collagen I, a major component of postoperative adhesions, is differentially regulated in fibroblasts isolated from normal human peritoneum and adhesions...
- The role of intra-peritoneal honey administration in preventing post-operative peritoneal adhesionsErhan Aysan
General Surgery Department, SSK Istanbul Educational Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 104:152-5. 2002..Because peritoneal healing is a kind of wound healing process we hypothesised that post-operative peritoneal adhesions (PPA) may be reduced with intra-peritoneal honey administration.
- Phospholipids reduce adhesion formation in the rabbit uterine horn modelStefan A Müller
Department of Surgery, Medical Faculty, Rhenish Westphalian Technical University, Aachen, Germany
Fertil Steril 77:1269-73. 2002To access the ability of intraperitoneal phospholipids to reduce adhesions in a standardized model for gynecologic operations.
- Minimal adhesions to ePTFE mesh after laparoscopic ventral incisional hernia repair: reoperative findings in 65 casesRichard H Koehler
Springfield Hospital, Springfield, Vermont 05156, USA
JSLS 7:335-40. 2003..involves intraabdominal placement of a synthetic mesh, and the possibility of formation of severe visceral adhesions to the prosthesis is a principal concern...
- Adhesion-related readmissions following gynaecological laparoscopy or laparotomy in Scotland: an epidemiological study of 24 046 patientsA M Lower
Isis Fertility Centre, Colchester CO4 9YA, UK
Hum Reprod 19:1877-85. 2004..This study evaluated the epidemiology of adhesion-related readmissions following open and laparoscopic procedures...
- Long-term outcome, adhesions, and quality of life after laparoscopic and open surgical therapies for acute abdomen: follow-up of a prospective trialW D Majewski
Department of General and Transplantation Surgery and Faculty of Nursing, Pomeranian Medical University, Szczecin, Poland
Surg Endosc 19:81-90. 2005The objective of this study was to determine the long-term outcome of laparoscopic and open therapies for acute abdomen, and to assess the patients postoperative quality of life, with special attention to adhesions.
- A randomized controlled trial of 0.5% ferric hyaluronate gel (Intergel) in the prevention of adhesions following abdominal surgeryChoong Leong Tang
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
Ann Surg 243:449-55. 2006..Intergel is a hyaluronate-based gel that reduces the incidence of postoperative adhesions when added to the peritoneal cavity before closure in gynecologic surgery...
- A safety and efficacy study of a resorbable hydrogel for reduction of post-operative adhesions following myomectomyL Mettler
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Clinics of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Michaelisstrasse 16, 24105 Kiel, Germany
Hum Reprod 23:1093-100. 2008..This multicenter, randomized, single-blind study assessed the safety and efficacy of a resorbable hydrogel ('Hydrogel') for the reduction of post-operative adhesion formation following myomectomy...
- Intra-uterine adhesions and fertility outcome: how to optimize success?Pinar H Kodaman
Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Section of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 19:207-14. 2007To review the etiology, diagnosis, and clinical manifestations of intra-uterine adhesions and to address treatment with a specific focus on fertility outcome.
- Practicalities and costs of adhesionsM S Wilson
Department of Surgery, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK
Colorectal Dis 9:60-5. 2007In spite of postoperative adhesions being common there appears to be a reluctance to use anti-adhesion products routinely. This article compares the incidence of adhesions with other conditions in order to identify the level of risk...
- Preventing intra-abdominal adhesions with polylactic acid film: an animal studyShmuel Avital
Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 48:153-7. 2005The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of an absorbable polylactic acid film (SurgiWrap) in preventing postoperative intra-abdominal adhesions in an animal model.
- Laser-Activated Collagen Adhesives for HerniorrhaphyBarbara Soltz; Fiscal Year: 2006..In fact, adhesions represent a significant source of morbidity and mortality and are a common cause of small bowel obstruction in ..
- Pathogen-host Interactions that Remodel the CytoskeletonTina Izard; Fiscal Year: 2010..actin cytoskeleton by binding to other key partners such as talin, which binds to integrin receptors in focal adhesions, or to a- actinin, which plays key roles in adherens junctions...
- Nuclear-Cytoplasmic Shuttling of Foxc2 via 14-3-3 Determines Proximal Tubule CellDIANA LYNNE GOLDEN; Fiscal Year: 2012..seen following ischemic tubular injury promotes [unreadable]-actinin stabilization and/or localization to focal adhesions, where it is critical for FA turnover and cell morphogenesis/migration...
- Christin Carter-Su; Fiscal Year: 2016..g., focal adhesions, lamellipodia, cytoplasm, nucleus)...
- Genetic Analysis of FAK ActivityDavid D Schlaepfer; Fiscal Year: 2012..Signals generated by integrins at cell attachment sites termed focal adhesions are mediated by the recruitment of cytoskeletal and signaling proteins in a manner that remain under ..
- Regulation of Fibronectin Matrix Assembly by uPARPAULA J MC KEOWN-LONGO; Fiscal Year: 2012..whether uPAR-mediated EGFR transactivation reroutes the trafficking of EGFR from lysosomes and into focal adhesions where it forms complexes with the 1521 integrin...
- Ellen Merrick Schill; Fiscal Year: 2015..These investigations will allow for in depth analysis of ENCC actin protrusions and the dynamics of focal adhesions. In addition, ENCCs from transgenic animals with null mutations in Cox1 and Cox2, enzymes inhibited by ibuprofen,..
- The Role of Leptin in Liver FibrogenesisFrank A Anania; Fiscal Year: 2012..of hepatic fibrosis by inhibiting activation of focal adhesion kinase (FAK), preventing formation of focal adhesions (FA) which results in the suppression of key fibrogenic properties of the activated HSC...
- Mary C Beckerle; Fiscal Year: 2015..of catastrophic stress fiber breaks and restores the capacity of stress fibers to transmit force via the focal adhesions to the underlying substrate...
- Role of the Tail Domain in Vinculin FunctionSharon L Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2010..applicant): This proposal is focused on vinculin, a cytoskeletal protein that is a prominent component of focal adhesions and adherens junctions...
- Frank A Anania; Fiscal Year: 2016..of hepatic fibrosis by inhibiting activation of focal adhesion kinase (FAK), preventing formation of focal adhesions (FAs), which results in the suppression of key fibrogenic properties of the activated HSC...
- Shuta Ishibe; Fiscal Year: 2016..contacts between the glomerular basement membrane and the extracellular matrix, which is comprised of focal adhesions and integrins...
- Novel anti-toxin compounds against Yersinia infectionsMaurizio Pellecchia; Fiscal Year: 2010..type III sectretion system, YopH is a highly active bacterial PTPase that is results in disruption of focal adhesions, and inhibition of integrin-mediated bacterial phagocytosis, both of which are highly dependent on tyrosine ..
- Role of Nox4 in VSMC MigrationMAZEN KHALIL KHALIL; Fiscal Year: 2011..This results in actin polymerization and formation of focal adhesions (FA). The cell uses the FA as a strut against which it contracts and moves...
- David D Schlaepfer; Fiscal Year: 2016..is a highly regulated process that involves the formation and turnover of cell-matrix contact sites termed focal adhesions, sites of matrix-integrin attachment, tension generation, and cell survival signals...
- Smooth muscle adhesion and plasticity in coronary and outflow tract developmentJoan M Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2013..We also made the interesting and potentially important discovery that leupaxin shuttles between focal adhesions and the nucleus and that this process was regulated by FAK signaling...
- Mechanism and role of DLC-1 tumor suppressor loss in lung cancerChanning J Der; Fiscal Year: 2012..DLC-1 is associated with focal adhesions (FAs) and this association is critical for DLC-1 tumor suppression but surprisingly, not for Rho GTPase ..
- Stress: Potential Impact on an Animal Model of EndometriosisCaroline B Appleyard; Fiscal Year: 2012..This condition is characterized by peritoneal inflammation, fibrosis, adhesions and ovarian cysts, which result in chronic pelvic pain, pain during intercourse (dyspareunia), painful periods (..
- JASON EDWARD LEE; Fiscal Year: 2015..recent studies have reported that integrin-[unreadable]3 and protein phosphatase 1B (PTP1B) trafficking to focal adhesions was dependent on ER tubule extension along microtubules...
- ABNORMAL BIGH3 AGGREGATIONS IN CORNEAL DYSTROPHIESAndrew J W Huang; Fiscal Year: 2011..These dystrophies are found to have abnormal stromal deposits and related poor epithelial adhesions with resultant painful corneal erosions. Corneal transplantation is often needed to restore corneal clarity...
- David A Haake; Fiscal Year: 2015..of these aims, we will examine the molecular mechanisms by which OMPs are regulated, identify additional OMP adhesions and examine their roles in pathogenesis and immunity, and develop E...
- Spatiotemporal Regulation of Membrane Raft Trafficking in Virus Activated CellsTione Buranda; Fiscal Year: 2012..that the initial binding of SNV to DAF is followed by Rac1 stimulated actin remodeling, disassembly of focal adhesions, and leads to loss of cell-cell contact and cell-substrate adhesion...
- Identification of Mechanically Sensitive Proteins in Early DevelopmentDouglas W DeSimone; Fiscal Year: 2013..will also be developed that will enable simultaneous application of force to both cadherin and integrin adhesions in order to mimic tissue-level stresses in single cells...
- Alejandra San Martin; Fiscal Year: 2016..One main source of ROS in the vasculature is Nox4, which is found in focal adhesions (FAs), the sites of engagement of the cell to the extracellular substrate...
- The Role of HEF1 in Ovarian Cancer Development, Progression, and MetastasisDenise C Connolly; Fiscal Year: 2013HEF1/NEDD9/Cas-L (HEF1) is a molecular scaffolding protein that mediates cellular signaling from focal adhesions during interphase and at centrosomes during mitosis...
- JUAN CARLOS LASHERAS; Fiscal Year: 2016..of actin-directed motors, F-actin regulation, actin crosslinking, motor protein-mediated contractility, and cell adhesions. However, precise knowledge of the biophysical coordination of these processes has been limited by the lack of ..
- Anna Birukova; Fiscal Year: 2016..In contrast, effects of barrier-protective agents on crosstalk between MT, cell adhesions, and actin cytoskeleton are not clear, nor the role of MT changes in Rac regulation is described...
- Mechanisms of glomerular disesase progressionJeffrey R Schelling; Fiscal Year: 2012..unreadable]8-dependent cell adhesion - the first demonstration of any [unreadable]8 ligand supporting stable adhesions. We have shown that [unreadable]8 interacts with Rho GDI...
- Macrophage Infiltration of Renal Tissue via beta-3 Integrins and AgrinScott D Blystone; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will characterize the production of macrophage podosomal adhesions and pseudopods that are required for migration into three-dimensional tissues by TIRF microscopy of living ..
- Molecular Function of Palladin's Ig Domains in Cell Adhesion and MotilityCarol A Otey; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Both cell-cell and cell-matrix adhesions require the participation of the actin cytoskeleton...
- Regulation of Axon Guidance by Second MessengersTimothy M Gomez; Fiscal Year: 2013..is focused on understanding how axon guidance cues regulate axon outgrowth by modulating integrin-dependent adhesions. As a number of cognitive disorders result from improper axon pathfinding, understanding the molecular basis for ..
- NoxR1, a regulator of Nox4-dependent cytoskeletal remodeling in vascular cellsKathy K Griendling; Fiscal Year: 2010..that NoxR1 overexpression in VSMCs causes a significant increase in NADPH oxidase activity, an increase in focal adhesions, and an increase stress fiber formation, while knockdown of NoxR1 induces a profound alteration of the ..
- Directing Stem Cell Differentiation on Biologically Inspired Micropatterned SurfaAnita Shukla; Fiscal Year: 2012..It is hypothesized that hMSCs that are restricted to making focal adhesions directly mimicking the adhesions of fully differentiated cells will preferentially differentiate to these ..
- Anti-angiogenic activity of neurokinin BSoumen Paul; Fiscal Year: 2010..of focal adhesion kinase, paxillin, p130Cas, spatial and temporal association of these molecules to form focal adhesions, and activation of Rho family of GTPases Rac1 and CDC42...
- Role of Surface Roughness in Regulating Tumor Cell BehaviorSarah C Glover; Fiscal Year: 2012..less and more tumorigenic cells cultured on a "peak-like" matrix actually had higher Rho activity and more focal adhesions as revealed by talin staining...
- Yi Ping Shih; Fiscal Year: 2016..DLC1 regulates cell migration through modulation of the actin cytoskeleton and focal adhesions. Multiple studies have demonstrated that the RhoGAP domain is necessary for the tumor suppressive function of ..
- Kathy K Griendling; Fiscal Year: 2014..accompanies lamellipodial protrusion, while the production of H2O2 by integrin-mediated Nox4 activation in focal adhesions regulates focal adhesion turnover and stabilizes actin filaments via oxidation...
- The effects of stress on the pathophysiology of endometriosisMARIELLY CUEVAS; Fiscal Year: 2010..This condition is characterized by peritoneal inflammation, fibrosis, adhesions and ovarian cysts, which result in chronic pelvic pain, pain during intercourse (dyspareunia), painful periods (..
- Integrin Targeted Therapy for the Treatment of Ovarian CancerFRANK CALZONE; Fiscal Year: 2013..and polyethylene oxide (PEO) gel approved for human use in Europe and Australia for prevention of post-surgical adhesions. This approach combines the benefits of high-concentration local peritoneal treatment as well as sustained drug ..
- Keith Burridge; Fiscal Year: 2016..This grant is aimed at understanding how signals from cell-matrix adhesions regulate members of the Rho family of GTPases, which are themselves key regulators of the cytoskeleton and many ..
- The role of CTGF in bone cell development and functionSteven N Popoff; Fiscal Year: 2012..that osteoblasts attach to CTGF via the av[unreadable]5 integrin, resulting in the formation of focal adhesions, cytoskeletal reorganization and the activation of FAK and Erk...
- STRUCTURAL DYNAMICS OF VINCULIN IN ADHESION JUNCTIONSTina Izard; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The formation of cell-matrix (focal adhesions) and cell-cell (adherens junctions) adhesion complexes links signals at the cell surface to the actin cytoskeleton, and these direct cell migration, cell ..
- SOMANATH P RAMMOHAN SHENOY; Fiscal Year: 2015..results, we postulate that the events leading to VP, such as expression and/or dynamics of integrins, focal adhesions, cytoskeletal proteins and cortical actin, are dependent on the ability of Akt to differentially modulate 2-Pix-..
- HUA A LU; Fiscal Year: 2016..interacts with integrin [unreadable]1, modulates the trafficking and turnover of integrin [unreadable]1 at focal adhesions (FAs)...
- Image-Guided Surgery of Endocrine Glands and Their Tumors using Near-Infrared FluJohn V Frangioni; Fiscal Year: 2013..tissues, such as the thyroid gland and adrenal gland, can often be difficult to locate during surgery due to adhesions and overlying fascia...
- Characterization of a novel protein required for glomerular podocyte functionLORI L O'BRIEN; Fiscal Year: 2012..As active calpains promote detachment of cellular adhesions, the current hypothesis is that PGAF inhibits calpain activity in podocytes to prevent foot process detachment...
- Actin protrustions, oocytes: Myosin VIIA and the actin cytoskeletonJENNIFER LEIGH SALLEE; Fiscal Year: 2012..microscopy, focusing on irregularities in actin rich structures such as ring canals, microvilli, and cell-cell adhesions. Together these aims will provide insight into how protein complexes are contributing to ck/Myosin VIIA function ..
- Peptide therapeutics for inhibiting abdominal adhesionsCYNTHIA ELLEN LANDER; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Disease definition: Adhesions, fibrous scars abnormally conjoining adjacent tissues, are primarily caused by surgical procedures...
- Novel Mechanisms of NSAID-induced GI ToxicityJames D Lillich; Fiscal Year: 2012..determine if NSAIDs impair de-adhesion of cell contacts by measuring the number and distribution of cellular adhesions as well as the expression and rate of turnover of specific adhesion components...
- Actions of the Sodium-Hydrogen Exchanger Subtype, NHE1Diane L Barber; Fiscal Year: 2012..In Aim 3 we determine the role of NHE1-regulated focal adhesion proteins in remodeling cell-substrate adhesions and in directed migration of fibroblasts...
- Kun Ling; Fiscal Year: 2014..interactions generally inhibit cell migration and cancer metastasis, whereas integrin signals at cell-matrix adhesions are required for migration and metastasis...
- The Role of Osteoactivin in Osteoblast Development and FunctionFayez F Safadi; Fiscal Year: 2013..that osteoblasts attach to OA via the [unreadable]v[unreadable]1 integrin, resulting in the formation of focal adhesions, cytoskeletal reorganization and the activation of FAK...
- Dianna M Milewicz; Fiscal Year: 2016..of function" in muscular arteries, specifically increased SMC proliferation as a consequence of altered focal adhesions and activation of PDGFR-Beta receptors in response to abnormal cellular force generation...
- Patricia J Keely; Fiscal Year: 2014..Our hypothesis is that locally dense ECM enhances the formation of matrix adhesions that result in activation of signaling pathways linked to FAK, and that FAK is a central mediator by which ..
- Cytoskeletal regulation of T cell-APC interactionsAnna Huttenlocher; Fiscal Year: 2012..contact sites, known as the immune synapse, share many structural components with integrin-mediated focal adhesions, we have demonstrated that the adhesive mechanisms that regulate T cell-APC contact site dynamics are distinct...
- The role of Vimentin in cell adhesion and lung cancer metastasisLAUREN SMITH HAVEL; Fiscal Year: 2013..Vimentin is a dynamic protein whose assembly and disassembly is critical for the formation of new focal adhesions that regulate cell adhesion...
- Role of Irf6 in palatal epitheliumYoussef A Kousa; Fiscal Year: 2013..Third, we know that changes in Irf6 dose lead to clefting and oral adhesions in the mouse...
- HEF1 Coordination of Cell Cycle, Migration, and Invasion in CancerErica A Golemis; Fiscal Year: 2013..HEF1 acts to assemble signaling complexes at focal adhesions in interphase cells, at the centrosome in pre-mitotic cells, and at the cilium in cells emerging from quiescence...
- Stavros Thomopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2016..Poor clinical outcomes typically result from early repair-site failure and the formation of adhesions between the tendon and its surrounding synovial sheath...
- Zosteric Acid Integrated Thermo-reversible Gels for Preventing Surgical AdhesionsBi min Newby; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The development of adhesions following surgery represents a significant, costly morbidity typically expressed as pain and infertility in the patient...
- Device for Surgical Adhesion PreventionREKHA BANSAL; Fiscal Year: 2010..S. where the patient is at risk for the complications from surgical adhesions. After surgery, fibrous adhesions form in the peritoneum, central nervous system, pericardium, pleura and ..
- Timothy A Springer; Fiscal Year: 2015..Project 6 (Eck) examines signaling at focal adhesions and explores activation of the tyrosine kinase of FAK by phosphatidylinositol phosphates through use of ..
- Obstruction-initiated mechanotranscription in colonic smooth muscle cellsXuan Zheng Shi; Fiscal Year: 2012..Numerous pathological conditions, including adhesions, carcinomas, and Hirschsprung's disease, result in obstruction in the gut...
- Structure and function of the integrin-linked kinase-PINCH-parvin complexDavid A Calderwood; Fiscal Year: 2012..networks, and in mammalian systems IPP complex formation precedes and is required for its correct targeting to adhesions. There are currently significant deficiencies in our understanding of how the IPP complex forms, how it ..
- Aqueous humor dynamics studies in vivo and in vitroPAUL LEON KAUFMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..be enhanced by ILK, PI3K and Src kinase inhibitors, which have been shown to alter the cytoskeleton and cellular adhesions of trabecular meshwork (TM) cells in culture...
- Endogenous Hormones and Risk of EndometriosisStacey Missmer; Fiscal Year: 2009..The consequence is the development of adhesions, scarring, and painful inflammation...
- Xenobiotics and Breast Epithelial Cell-ECM SignalingRaymond Novak; Fiscal Year: 2005..Cells are linked to the ECM via integrin-containing focal adhesions. Other types of structures that link cells to each other or to the ECM include adherens junctions and desmosomes...
- G Proteins and Endothelial Barrier RegulationTatyana Voyno Yasenetskaya; Fiscal Year: 2004..that G-alpha13 protein interacts with the actin-binding protein, radixin, implicated in the assembly of focal adhesions and actin filaments...
- A new absorbable mesh for hernia repairDavid Martin; Fiscal Year: 2007..The absorbability of the mesh would reduce late term fistula and risk of infection and possibly tissue adhesions. Greater flexibility of the fiber will reduce mesh stiffness and eventual absorption will reduce the stiffness ..
- Treatment of Endometriosis-Associated Pelvic PainDavid Guzick; Fiscal Year: 2007..Surgical treatment of endometriosis with laparoscopic excision of implants and lysis of adhesions is often successful in reducing pain in the short term...
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF NEURONAL CELL MIGRATIONRichard Cameron; Fiscal Year: 2000..At present, data indicate that members of several distinct classes of cell adhesions proteins are likely to mediate many of the cell sorting events that characterize neuronal cell migration...
- Sutureless Resorbable Anti-Adhesion FilmsMICHAEL J DANILICH; Fiscal Year: 2010Postoperative adhesions are an expected outcome with nearly every abdominal operation. Complications caused by adhesions include small bowel obstruction, female infertility, chronic debilitating pain, and difficulty in future operations...
- THREE DIMENSIONAL STRUCTURE OF ALPHA ACTININKenneth Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2000..In tissue cultured cells, alpha-actinin is located in focal adhesions and stress fibers, structural analogs of adhesion plaques and dense bodies...
- A Novel Approach to Prevent Periduaral FibrosisJames Pachence; Fiscal Year: 2001..Although inflammation and production of extracellular matrix components is necessary for normal wound healing, adhesions may also occur which can lead to significant clinical complications...