Genomes and Genes
Summary: Tear or break of an organ, vessel or other soft part of the body, occurring in the absence of external force.
Publications258 found, 100 shown here
- Images in cardiothoracic surgery. Spontaneous rupture of the inferior thyroid artery leading to life-threatening mediastinal hematomaSerban Bageacu
Department of General, Digestive and Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital of Saint Etienne, Saint Etienne, France
Ann Thorac Surg 80:e20-1. 2005
- Spontaneous rupture of the oesophagus: Boerhaave's syndrome in 2008. Literature review and treatment algorithmJ P de Schipper
Department of Surgery, St Elisabeth Hospital, Hilvarenbeekseweg 60, Tilburg, The Netherlands
Dig Surg 26:1-6. 2009Boerhaave's syndrome is a spontaneous rupture of the oesophagus with a lack of diagnostic and treatment consistency in the literature...
- Spontaneous rupture of a coronary artery aneurysm: a case report and review of the literatureHuseyin Gunduz
Department of Cardiology, Izzet Baysal Medical Faculty, Abant Izzet Baysal University, Bolu, Turkey
Jpn Heart J 45:331-6. 2004..a 63 year old Turkish male patient is presented who had an acute non-Q wave myocardial infarction due to spontaneous rupture of the left circumflex artery aneurysm...
- Spontaneous rupture of the spleen: a rare but important differential of an acute abdomenShin Jae Rhee
Department of Surgery, University College London Hospital NHS Trust, NW3 2YT London, UK
Am J Emerg Med 26:733.e5-6. 2008b>Spontaneous rupture of the spleen, although previously documented, is a rare phenomenon. It commonly occurs in a pathologic spleen, usually owing to hematological manifestation...
- Spontaneous rupture of the anterior tibial tendon in a diabetic patient: results of operative treatmentLawrence A DiDomenico
Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Foot Ankle Surg 47:463-7. 2008b>Spontaneous rupture of the tibialis anterior tendon is infrequently seen as a clinical entity...
- Spontaneous rupture of hepatic metastasis from choriocarcinoma: a review of imaging and managementAjay Gulati
Department of Radiodiagnosis, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Ann Hepatol 8:384-7. 2009b>Spontaneous rupture of hepatic metastasis causing hemoperitoneum is a rare entity. Ruptured hepatic metastasis has typical imaging findings on biphasic CT which may help in clinching the diagnosis...
- Spontaneous rupture of the spleen: report of two casesP Torricelli
Department of Radiology, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Policlinico, Via del Pozzo 71, 41100, Modena, Italy
Abdom Imaging 26:290-3. 2001..We report the imaging findings in two cases of spontaneous splenic rupture due to non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and pancreatic pseudocyst...
- Shock induced by spontaneous rupture of a giant thymomaStefano Santoprete
Department of Thoracic Surgery, University of Perugia, Medical School, Terni, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 83:1526-8. 2007..The lesion was completely resected, en-bloc with a wide pericardial excision. The postoperative course was uneventful. The pathology report classified the lesion as thymoma AB...
- Spontaneous rupture of the oesophagusS M Griffin
Department of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery, Northern Oesophago Gastric Unit, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Br J Surg 95:1115-20. 2008The aim of this study was to evaluate the diagnosis, management and outcome of patients with spontaneous rupture of the oesophagus in a single centre.
- MDCT diagnosis of ruptured tubal pregnancy with massive hemoperitoneumBruno Coulier
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Clinique St Luc, Rue St Luc 8, 5004 BOUGE NAMUR, Belgium
Emerg Radiol 15:179-82. 2008..These signs must be known by the emergency radiologist because of the more and more use of CT as the first imaging modality in emergency departments particularly for patients with abdominal pain and presenting life-threatening symptoms...
- Management of spontaneous rupture of liver tumoursP Marini
Department of Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgery, Beaujon Hospital, Assistance Publique, University Paris 7, Clichy, France
Dig Surg 19:109-13. 2002..From 1995 to 2000, 20 patients were referred to our centre for spontaneous rupture of a liver tumour associated with haemoperitoneum...
- Helical CT esophagography for the evaluation of suspected esophageal perforation or ruptureFarhan Fadoo
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, Box 0628, San Francisco, CA, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 182:1177-9. 2004
- Cardiac tamponade due to spontaneous rupture of large coronary artery aneurysmSatoshi Kimura
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1, Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 14:422-4. 2006..Coronary angiography revealed a coronary artery-pulmonary artery fistula and 3 giant saccular coronary artery aneurysms. Emergency surgical repair was successful...
- Arachnoid cyst with spontaneous rupture into the subdural spaceS R Cayli
Oncology Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Br J Neurosurg 14:568-70. 2000b>Spontaneous rupture of an arachnoid cyst into the subdural space is an unusual complication. Only six cases have been reported in the literature. We report here an additional case and review the literature concerning arachnoid cysts...
- Spontaneous rupture of mesenteric dermoid cyst: a rare cause of abdominal painG Verswijvel
Eur Radiol 14:1517-8. 2004
- Spontaneous rupture of the spleen in the presentation of acute myeloid leukemiaAlan Tan
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, St Louis University, St Louis, MO, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:5519-20. 2007
- Massive hemoperitoneum resulting from spontaneous rupture of uterine leiomyomaSeth Lotterman
Department of Emergency Medicine, Wilford Hall Medical Center, 2200 Bergquist Dr, Lackland AFB, San Antonio, TX 78236, USA
Am J Emerg Med 26:974.e1-2. 2008..Because surgical intervention is the only definitive treatment, emergency physicians should be aware of this rare complication...
- Detection of vulnerable plaque in a murine model of atherosclerosis with optical coherence tomographyMehmet Cilingiroglu
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 67:915-23. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate the feasibility of optical coherence tomography (OCT) to identify the components of vulnerable plaques in a well-established murine model of human atherosclerosis...
- Spontaneous rupture of a gastrointestinal stromal tumour associated with life-threatening nontraumatic hemoperitoneumPascal Bucher
Visceral and Transplantation Surgery Clinic, Department of Surgery, Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Can J Surg 51:E38-9. 2008
- Spontaneous rupture of hypogastric artery aneurysm into the bladder: a case report and review of the literatureKambiz Jacob Cohen-Kashi
Department of Surgery, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Manhasset, NY, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 20:134-7. 2006..We describe an unusual case of an 81-year-old male with spontaneous rupture of a hypogastric artery aneurysm into the urinary bladder presenting as gross hematuria...
- Spontaneous rupture of the internal elastic lamina in the rat: the manifestation of a genetically determined factor which may be linked to vascular fragilityM Capdeville
Department of Pharmacology, INSERM U7, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
Blood Vessels 26:197-212. 1989The spontaneous rupture of the internal elastic lamina (IEL) in various arteries occurs to different extents in different rat strains...
- Spontaneous rupture of an intercostal artery in a patient with neurofibromatosis type 1Kei Aizawa
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Jichi Medical University, 3311 1 Yakushiji, Shimotsuke, Tochigi, 329 0498, Japan
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 10:128-30. 2010..He had no history of chest trauma so we diagnosed a spontaneous rupture of the aneurysm causing a massive effusion...
- Spontaneous rupture of the lateral thoracic artery in patients with liver cirrhosisTae Hee Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Konyang University College of Medicine, Gasoowon dong, Seo Gu, Daejeon, Korea
Korean J Intern Med 23:152-5. 2008..The spontaneous rupture of an artery, as a result of coagulopathy, is extremely rare in patients with liver cirrhosis; however, we ..
- Spontaneous rupture of the extensor pollicis longus tendon in a young goalkeeper: a case reportD Perugia
Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Rome La Sapienza, S Andrea Hospital, Rome, Italy
Scand J Med Sci Sports 19:257-9. 2009We report an exceptional case of an acute spontaneous rupture of the extensor pollicis longus (EPL) tendon in a 16-year-old professional goalkeeper treated by primary surgical repair...
- A fatal case of spontaneous rupture of the spleen due to dengue virus infection: case report and reviewApatcha Pungjitprapai
Department of Medicine, Charoenkrungpracharak Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 39:383-6. 2008..Physicians should be aware of the possibility of splenic rupture in areas where dengue infection is endemic. Early diagnosis and treatment of splenic rupture should improve clinical outcomes...
- [Spontaneous rupture of the spleen in pregnancy]L Cobellis
Dipartimento di Ostetricia e Ginecologia, Seconda Universita degli Studi di Napoli, Napoli, Italy
Minerva Ginecol 55:289-90. 2003
- Unusual complication of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia after mitral valve surgery: spontaneous rupture of spleenChristina Mitchell
Department of Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 83:1172-4. 2007..Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia is a potentially fatal condition in patients requiring heparin after cardiac surgery. Evaluation for heparin-associated antibodies in these patients may be warranted before heparin therapy...
- Spontaneous rupture of the spleen in a patient with B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukaemiaCarolina D Carrasco
Ann Hematol 84:555-6. 2005
- Spontaneous rupture of adrenocortical carcinoma: a coincidence or a tendency?C Y Lu
Departments of Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung Medical College, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Clin Nephrol 72:147-50. 2009..Upon reviewing previous cases, tumor size greater than 10 cm in adults is a predisposing factor for spontaneous rupture, while the degree of lymph node invasion or the extent of distant metastasis is not indicative...
- Spleen localization of light chain deposition disease associated with sea blue histiocytosis, revealed by spontaneous ruptureA S de Lajarte Thirouard
Service Central Jacques Delarue d Anatomie et Cytologie Pathologiques, Paris, France
Virchows Arch 434:463-5. 1999..Lipid catabolism with production of ceroids may have resulted in lipidic histiocytosis with a sea blue histiocyte pattern...
- [Spontaneous rupture of the spleen: a rare form of onset gastric carcinoma]M Mercedes Otero-Palleiro
Med Clin (Barc) 127:318. 2006
- Spontaneous rupture of hepatocellular carcinoma and vascular injuryL X Zhu
Institute of Surgery, Affiliated Hospital of Anhui Medical University, Anhui, Hefei, 230022 China
Arch Surg 136:682-7. 2001Because spontaneous rupture of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is one kind of bleeding complication related to the blood vessels, the possible mechanism of this rupture should occur on the blood vessel itself...
- Spontaneous rupture of a normal spleenA K Choudhury
General Surgical Department, Blackpool Victoria Hospital, Whinney Heys Road, Blackpool FY3 8NS, UK
Injury 35:325-6. 2004
- [Angiosarcoma as a rare differential diagnosis in spontaneous rupture of the spleen]A Maier
Klinik und Poliklinik für Chirurgie, Universitat Regensburg
Chirurg 75:70-4. 2004A splenectomy was performed in a 37-year-old woman because of spontaneous rupture of the spleen. Primary angiosarcoma of the spleen was diagnosed postoperatively based on histology...
- Eosinophilic cystitis causing spontaneous rupture of the urinary bladder in a childEu Chang Hwang
Department of Urology, Chonnam National University Medical School, Gwangju, Korea
Int J Urol 13:449-50. 2006..The patient was successfully treated with primary repair. For children with non-traumatic bladder perforation, eosinophilic cystitis must be considered in the differential diagnosis...
- Spontaneous rupture of the extensor pollicis longus tendon in a professional skierNorifumi Fujita
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Kanebo Memorial Hospital, Kobe, Japan
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 13:489-91. 2005b>Spontaneous rupture of the extensor pollicis longus (EPL) tendon is uncommon in sports activities. We report a rare case of a professional downhill skier presenting with a rupture of the EPL tendon...
- Splenic spontaneous rupture (SSR) and hemoperitoneum associated with low molecular weight heparin: a case reportFabio Silvio Taccone
Service de Soins Intensifs ASTI, Institut Jules Bordet, Centre des Tumeurs de l Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Rue Heger Bordet 1, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Support Care Cancer 11:336-8. 2003..This low-molecular-weight heparin was administrated for deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism. No underlying splenic pathology predisposing to this condition was found...
- Spontaneous rupture of a wandering spleen: case report and literature reviewJoseph C Moran
Department of Surgery, St Agnes HealthCare, Inc, Baltimore, Maryland 21229, USA
Curr Surg 60:310-2. 2003..Patients may become symptomatic when torsion of the pedicle results in pain, ischemia, infarction, or rupture. We present a spontaneous rupture of a wandering spleen without any history of trauma.
- Spontaneous rupture of the rectosigmoid with small bowel evisceration through the anusC Papapolychroniadis
1st Propedeutical Department of Surgery, Aristotle University, AHEPA Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Tech Coloproctol 8:s126-8. 2004b>Spontaneous rupture of the rectosigmoid with small bowel evisceration through the anus is a rare and acute condition of the gastrointestinal tract. After Brodie's first description, only 52 such cases have been reported in the literature...
- Spontaneous rupture of a benign cavernous haemangioma of the spleen following thrombolysisP M Norris
Department of Vascular Surgery, Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals Trust, Eastern Road, Brighton BN2 5BD, UK
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 25:476-7. 2003
- Spontaneous rupture of spleen in term pregnancyKiran Popli
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Lady Hardinge Medical College and Smt Sucheta Kriplani Hospital, New Delhi 110001, India
Trop Doct 34:54-5. 2004
- Spontaneous rupture of splenic hamartoma in a patient with hepatitis C virus-related cirrhosis and portal hypertension: a case report and review of the literatureYasuji Seyama
Department of Surgery, Asahi General Hospital, I 1326, Asahi City, Chiba 289 2511, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 12:2133-5. 2006b>Spontaneous rupture is a rare complication of splenic hamartoma. A review of the literature revealed only four such cases...
- Spontaneous rupture of a normal spleenS Paulvannan
Department of General Surgery, Wrexham Maelor Hospital, Wrexham, Clwyd
Int J Clin Pract 57:245-6. 2003..Histology showed loss of areas of the capsule and other areas showing subcapsular haemorrhage with no underlying pathology in the spleen...
- Spontaneous rupture of the liver in a patient with systemic AL amyloidosis undergoing treatment with high-dose melphalan and autologous stem cell transplantation: a case report with literature reviewMartin Tam
Graduate Medical Sciences Division, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Amyloid 16:103-7. 2009A 55-year-old woman with primary Immunoglobulin light chain (AL) systemic amyloidosis died due to spontaneous rupture of her liver following treatment with high-dose melphalan and autologous stem cell transplant (HDM/SCT)...
- Spontaneous rupture of an infantile umbilical hernia with intestinal eviscerationCigdem Ulukaya Durakbasa
Department of Pediatric Surgery, SB Goztepe Children s Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Pediatr Surg Int 22:567-9. 2006....
- Intracystic hemorrhage with spontaneous rupture of liver cyst complicated by infection: a case reportAkishige Kanazawa
Department of Surgery, Asakayama General Hospital, Department of Gastroenterological and Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Surgery, Osaka City University, Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Osaka City Med J 49:57-60. 2003..We diagnosed intracystic hemorrhage and spontaneous rupture of the liver cyst...
- Haemorrhagic shock from the spontaneous rupture of an adrenal cortical carcinoma. A case reportJ S Stamoulis
Second Department of Propedeutic Surgery, University of Athens, Laiko Hospital, Athens, Greece
Acta Chir Belg 104:226-8. 2004..cortical carcinoma who was immediately operated due to massive retroperitoneal haemorrhage following the spontaneous rupture of the tumour...
- Spontaneous rupture of the renal pelvis caused by calculus: a case reportAsli Koktener
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, Fatih University, Ankara, Turkey
J Emerg Med 33:127-9. 2007..Diagnosis was suspected on serial ultrasonography, and confirmed by computed tomograhy. Diagnosis, follow-up, and therapeutic approach are discussed...
- Case report: spontaneous rupture of the spleen due to dengue feverL E C Miranda
Ribeirao Preto Medical School, Sao Paulo University, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 7:423-5. 2003b>Spontaneous rupture of the spleen has been described in cases of hematologic, neoplasic and infectious diseases, or resulting from pancreatitis...
- Spontaneous rupture of the urinary bladder presenting as oliguric acute renal failureAkihiko Kato
Division of Blood Purification, cUniversity School of Medicine, Shizuoka
Intern Med 45:815-8. 2006..65 mg/dl 4 days later. This rare case suggested that spontaneous rupture of the urinary bladder following postoperative radiotherapy could occur very late with laboratory features ..
- Spontaneous rupture of hepatocellular carcinoma: a Western experienceNarendra Battula
Institute of Liver Studies, King s College London School of Medicine, King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, Camberwell, London, UK
Am J Surg 197:164-7. 2009b>Spontaneous rupture of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is a life-threatening presentation, with an incidence of <3% of HCC patients in Western countries...
- Spontaneous rupture of the spleen: three case reports and causative processes for the radiologist to considerS J Amonkar
Department of Radiology, Royal Blackburn Hospital, Haslingden Road, Blackburn BB2 3HH, UK
Br J Radiol 82:e111-3. 2009..We describe three experiences of spontaneous splenic rupture at our institution and discuss possible causes for the radiologist to consider...
- One-stage liver resection for spontaneous rupture of hepatocellular carcinomaLiu Hai
Department of Surgical Oncology, Hainan Provincial People s Hospital, Haikou, Hainan 570311, People s Republic of China
World J Surg 29:1316-8. 2005..of this study was to evaluate the rationale of a policy of one-stage liver resection for selective cases of spontaneous rupture of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Spontaneous rupture of the left common iliac vein associated with May Thurner syndrome: successful management with surgery and placement of an endovascular stentY H Kim
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Dongsan Medical Center, Keimyung University College of Medicine, Daegu, Republic of Korea
Br J Radiol 80:e176-9. 2007We report a case of spontaneous rupture of the left common iliac vein diagnosed pre-operatively with CT and successfully treated with surgery and placement of a stent...
- [Spontaneous rupture of the unscarred uterus during labor. Case report]F Leung
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, CHU Saint Jacques, 2, Place Saint Jacques, 25030 Besancon, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 37:342-5. 2009..Treatment consisted in hysterorrhaphy. The etiopathogenesis, clinical and therapeutical aspects of spontaneous unscarred uterine ruptures are discussed throughout a literature review...
- Spontaneous rupture of the spleen in AL amyloidosisB Oran
Department of Medicine, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Am J Hematol 74:131-5. 2003..All four patients underwent splenectomy without significant postoperative complications. Splenic rupture in AL amyloidosis as a complication of aggressive treatment with HDM/SCT has not been reported previously...
- Spontaneous rupture of the Achilles tendon is preceded by widespread and bilateral tendon damage and ipsilateral inflammation: a clinical and histopathologic study of 60 patientsRene Cetti
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Bispebjerg University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Orthop Scand 74:78-84. 200360 consecutive patients with spontaneous rupture of the Achilles tendon (AT) underwent surgery...
- Spontaneous rupture of the spleen following abdominal hysterectomyD Habek
Department for Obstetrics and Gynecology Health Center Bjelovar, Croatia, The Netherlands
Zentralbl Gynakol 123:588-9. 2001..The authors described a rare case of spontaneous splenic rupture following abdominal hysterectomy in a patient with adenomyosis, severe sideropenic anemia and initiated anticoagulant therapy with low molecular heparin...
- Spontaneous rupture of left ventricular true aneurysmHung hsing Chao
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Ann Thorac Surg 80:1106-8. 2005..An emergency operation was successfully performed to address this rare event...
- Spontaneous rupture of a normal spleen following bronchoplastic left lung lower lobectomyTomaz Stupnik
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Univerzitetni klinicni center Ljubljana, Zaloska 7, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 7:290-1. 2008..We report a case of a patient with spontaneous rupture of a normal spleen observed after severe coughing on the 3rd postoperative day following bronchoplastic ..
- Splenic infarct: a rare cause of spontaneous rupture leading to massive haemoperitoneumBalakrishnan Mahesh
Department of Accident and Emergency and Trauma Surgery, Sunderland Royal Hospital, Sunderland, United Kingdom
ANZ J Surg 74:1030-2. 2004..The gross and microscopic appearances were suggestive of splenic rupture occurring through areas of infarction. We proceed to analyse the causes of spontaneous rupture of the spleen in our discussion of this case.
- Intraperitoneal metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma after spontaneous rupture: a case reportMin Chang Hung
Department of Surgery, Chang Bing Show Chwan Memorial Hospital, Lugang Township, Changhua, Taiwan
World J Gastroenterol 14:3927-31. 2008..Peritoneal metastasis of HCC after spontaneous rupture was seldom noted. We report a case of intraperitoneal metastasis of HCC after spontaneous rupture...
- A spontaneous rupture of the external iliac vein revealed as a phlegmasia cerulea dolens with acute lower limb ischemia: Case report and review of the literatureSaed Jazayeri
Service de chirurgie Cardio Vasculaire et d angiologie CHU de Dijon, 2 Boulevard Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, BP 1542, 20134 Dijon, France
J Vasc Surg 35:999-1002. 2002We reported a case in a previously healthy 45-year-old woman of spontaneous rupture of the left external iliac vein, which was revealed as a phlegmasia cerulea dolens with acute lower limb ischemia...
- Spontaneous rupture of spinal dermoid cyst with disseminated lipid droplets in central canal and ventriclesA Goyal
Department of Neurosurgery, G B Pant Hospital, Delhi University, Delhi, India
J Neurosurg Sci 48:63-5. 2004..However, only 1 patient of spontaneous rupture of spinal dermoid tumour with disseminated fat in the central canal and ventricles has been described in ..
- Spontaneous rupture of the left external iliac veinTae Won Kwon
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Ulsan College of Medicine and Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Yonsei Med J 45:174-6. 2004Recently, we have experienced a case of spontaneous rupture of the left iliac vein in a 62-year-old woman, who had been suffering from hemiparesis and chronic constipation...
- Late results of primary esophageal repair for spontaneous rupture of the esophagus (Boerhaave's syndrome)Pankaj Kumar
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Int Surg 89:15-20. 2004..Prompt diagnosis and aggressive surgical management has acceptable in-hospital mortality. This condition is associated with significant morbidity, but the long-term outlook for the survivors is very favorable...
- Spontaneous rupture of the spleen in type IV Ehlers-Danlos syndrome: report of a caseAntonio Privitera
Department of Surgery, University College London Hospitals, 2b Maple House, 235 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BU, UK
Surg Today 39:52-4. 2009..Moreover, tissues must be handled with great care intraoperatively in view of their extreme fragility. Despite prompt and appropriate treatment, the prognosis is often dismal...
- Spontaneous rupture of the flexor digitorum profundus and superficialis of the index finger and the flexor pollicis longus without labor-associated tendon loadingShinji Imai
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Shiga University of Medical Science, Setatsukinowa cho, Otsu shi, Shiga ken, Japan
J Hand Surg Am 29:587-90. 2004..The spontaneous rupture of the flexor tendon secondary to axial tendon loading alone is infrequent...
- Spontaneous rupture of a giant hepatic hemangioma - sequential management with transcatheter arterial embolization and resectionVaibhav Jain
Department of Gastro intestinal Surgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi, India
Saudi J Gastroenterol 16:116-9. 2010Hemangioma is the most common benign tumor of liver and is often asymptomatic. Spontaneous rupture is rare but has a catastrophic outcome if not promptly managed...
- Spontaneous rupture of the urinary bladder is not a rare complication of radiotherapy for cervical cancer: report of six casesK Fujikawa
Department of Urology, Kobe City General Hospital, Minatojimanakamachi 4 6, Chuo Ku, Kobe City, 650, Japan
Gynecol Oncol 73:439-42. 1999..It has been reported to be a rare complication of radiation therapy for cervical cancer, but no studies have ever reported the incidence of this life-threatening complication...
- Spontaneous rupture of adrenal pheochromocytoma: review and analysis of prognostic factorsTakashi Kobayashi
Department of Urology, Hamamatsu Rosai Hospital, Hamamatsu, Japan
J Surg Oncol 90:31-5. 2005..Because of its rarity, the clinical characteristics of the manifestation of a ruptured pheochromocytoma and factors influencing on treatment outcomes in patients are still unclear...
- Spontaneous rupture of extensor pollicis longus tendon with tophaceous gout infiltrationJui Yuan Hung
Department of Orthopedics, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 125:281-4. 2005b>Spontaneous rupture of the extensor pollicis longus (EPL) tendon has been reported in the literature. Various mechanisms have been proposed to account for this problem, but gouty infiltration is a rare mechanism...
- Spontaneous rupture of the spleen in secondary amyloidosis: a patient with rheumatoid arthritisB Aydinli
Department of General Surgery, Ataturk University School of Medicine, Erzurum, Turkey
Amyloid 13:160-3. 2006..Rectal biopsy revealed amyloid deposition in mucosa that indicating amyloidosis was systemic. Histochemical studies showed that amyloid was secondary or AA...
- Spontaneous rupture of a dissection of the left ovarian arteryYasushi Manabe
Department of Surgery, Taoka Hospital, Tokushima, Japan
J Med Invest 49:182-5. 2002..The ovarian artery and vein were ligated proximally and left adenectomy was performed. The patient made an uneventful recovery. Histological examination suggested a spontaneous rupture of a dissection of the left ovarian artery.
- Spontaneous rupture of the spleen: ultrasound patterns, diagnosis and follow-upC Gorg
Zentrum fur Innere Medizin, Klinikum der Philipps Universität, Baldingerstrasse, 35043 Marburg, Germany
Br J Radiol 76:704-11. 2003b>Spontaneous rupture of the spleen is an extremely rare complication usually of infectious diseases or disorders of the haematopoietic system and has been described mostly in case reports...
- [Choriocarcinoma presenting as a spontaneous rupture of an adrenal metastasis: a case report]Fumiaki Hoshiyama
Department of Urology, Tane General Hospital
Hinyokika Kiyo 54:281-4. 2008..These findings strongly indicated a spontaneous rupture of adrenal tumor. We performed exploratory laparotomy...
- Intraplaque hemorrhage and progression of coronary atheromaFrank D Kolodgie
Department of Cardiovascular Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
N Engl J Med 349:2316-25. 2003..Intraplaque hemorrhage is common in advanced coronary atherosclerotic lesions. The relation between hemorrhage and the vulnerability of plaque to disruption may involve the accumulation of free cholesterol from erythrocyte membranes...
- Spontaneous rupture of bladder presenting as peritonitisAnuradha Jayathillake
Department of Urology, Wellington Hospital, Wellington
N Z Med J 115:U222. 2002
- Hemoperitoneum from a spontaneous rupture of a giant hemangioma of the liver: report of a caseNicola Corigliano
Department of Surgery Pietro Valdoni, Policlinico Umberto I, University of Rome La Sapienza, Viale del Policlinico 155, 00161 Rome, Italy
Surg Today 33:459-63. 2003..A PubMed Medline search has identified up to now 32 cases of spontaneous rupture of hepatic hemangioma in adults (age >14 years) without a history of trauma, including the present case...
- Biliscrotum and retroperitoneal biloma: spontaneous rupture of the biliary system presenting as an incarcerated inguinal herniaR R W Brady
Craigavon Area Hospital Group Trust
Ulster Med J 75:85-7. 2006b>Spontaneous rupture of the biliary system is a well documented condition in infants but is rare in adults...
- Spontaneous uterine perforation due to pyometra presenting as acute abdomenLoabat Geranpayeh
Department of Surgery, Sina Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 2006:60276. 2006..Although spontaneously perforated pyometra is rare, a perforated pyometra should therefore also be considered when elderly women present with acute abdominal pain...
- Multidetector CT findings of spontaneous rupture of hepatic adenoma in a patient with hepatic adenomatosisEsra Meltem Kayahan Ulu
Department of Radiology, Baskent University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Diagn Interv Radiol 15:135-8. 2009..On follow-up CT examination, a large adenoma was clearly visualized at the site of the previous hematoma...
- Spontaneous rupture with pseudoaneurysm formation in a nodular goiter presenting as a large neck massChia Che Chang
Department of Emergency Medicine, Lotung Poh Ai Hospital, Lotung, Ilan, Taiwan
J Clin Ultrasound 35:518-20. 2007..We report a case of nodular goiter in which spontaneous rupture with active bleeding developed suddenly, presenting as a large neck mass with dyspnea...
- Role of secondary hyperparathyroidism in spontaneous rupture of the quadriceps tendon complicating chronic renal failureM Thaunat
Rheumatology (Oxford) 45:234-5. 2006
- Spontaneous rupture of a hepatic cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinoma: report of two casesMarko Lempinen
Clinic of Surgery, Department of Transplantation and Liver Surgery, Helsinki University Hospital, PO Box 263, FIN, 00029 Helsinki, Finland
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 12:409-14. 2005..We report on two cases with spontaneous rupture of hepatobiliary cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinoma cysts, initially treated as simple hepatic cysts by ..
- Hemoperitoneum secondary to spontaneous rupture of hepatic metastasis from lung cancerToru Kadowaki
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Ehime University School of Medicine, Ehime
Intern Med 44:290-3. 2005We describe a rare case of hemoperitoneum secondary to spontaneous rupture of hepatic metastasis from lung cancer...
- Risk factors for spontaneous rupture of liver abscess caused by Klebsiella pneumoniaeChen Hsiang Lee
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical Center, Taiwan 833, ROC
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 52:79-84. 2005To identify risk factors for spontaneous rupture of liver abscess (SRLA), a retrospective study on patients with liver abscess caused by Klebsiella pneumoniae was performed. Of the 140 enrolled patients with liver abscess caused by K...
- Diagnosis and treatment of gallbladder perforationHayrullah Derici
Third Surgical Clinic of Atatürk Training and Research Hospital, 156 sok No 5 13 Bornova, Izmir 35360, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 12:7832-6. 2006..To present our clinical experience with gallbladder perforation cases...
- Spontaneous rupture of a biliary diverticulum in the distal common bile duct, with formation of a retroperitoneal bilomaKen Takahashi
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Kobe City General Hospital, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 61:783-7. 2005
- [Spontaneous rupture of the spleen secondary to intrasplenic aneurysm]E Peña Fernández
Servicio de Diagnostico por Imagen, Fundacion Hospital Alcorcon, Alcorcon, Madrid, Espana
Radiologia 49:424-6. 2007b>Spontaneous rupture of the spleen is an uncommon emergency that usually occurs in a spleen affected by hematologic, neoplastic, or infectious diseases or as a complication of acute or chronic pancreatitis...
- Spontaneous rupture of the thoracic aortaH Yokoyama
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 70:683-9. 2000b>Spontaneous rupture of the thoracic aorta without trauma, aneurysm, or dissection is an extremely rare but catastrophic disorder. Two cases of spontaneous aortic rupture are presented, both treated surgically with satisfactory results.
- Spontaneous rupture of the extensor pollicis longus tendonI Anwar
J Hand Surg Br 31:457-8. 2006
- Spontaneous rupture of the spleen as the presenting feature of the blastoid variant of mantle cell lymphomaK D Mason
Department of Diagnostic Haematology, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria, Australia
Clin Lab Haematol 25:263-5. 2003..Although rare cases of splenic rupture have been reported in mantle cell lymphoma there has not been a report of the blastoid variant presenting in this manner. We report such a case in a 64-year-old man...
- Prolapse of the rectum associated with spontaneous rupture of the distal colon and evisceration of the small intestine through the anus in an infantMamta Sengar
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Chacha Nehru Bal Chikitsalaya, affiliated to Maulana Azad Medical College, Geeta Colony, Delhi 110031, India
J Pediatr Surg 43:2291-2. 2008Prolapse of rectum of varying degrees is a well-known entity in children. Spontaneous rupture of the rectum along with massive ileal evisceration because of increased intraabdominal pressure is a rare complication of rectal prolapse in ..
- Size of emptied plaque cavity following spontaneous rupture is related to coronary dimensions, not to the degree of lumen narrowing. A study with intravascular ultrasound in vivoC von Birgelen
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Essen, Hufelandstr 55, D 45122 Essen, Germany
Heart 84:483-8. 2000..To identify any potential relations between the size of an emptied plaque cavity and the remodelling pattern, plaque or vessel dimensions, lumen narrowing, and other ultrasonic lesion characteristics...
- Spontaneous rupture of the spleen in relation to a non-Hodgkin lymphomaJ Chappuis
Service de Chirurgie Digestive, Coelioscopique et Thoracique, CHU Brugmann ULB, Bruxelles, Belgique
Acta Chir Belg 107:446-8. 2007..During emergency laparotomy, a splenic rupture was found and a splenectomy was performed. Histopathology of the spleen confirmed the diagnosis of a non-Hodgkin lymphoma...
- Spontaneous rupture of liver plasmacytoma mimicking hepatocellular carcinomaKosuke Ueda
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto
Intern Med 49:653-7. 2010..Immuno-histochemical analysis of the tumor biopsy specimen revealed massive infiltration of plasma cells expressing IgA and lambda chain. To our knowledge, this is the first case of rupture of extramedullary liver plasmacytoma...
- Spontaneous rupture of the amyloid spleen in a case of usual interstitial pneumoniaS Tanno
First Department of Medicine, Asahikawa Medical College
Intern Med 40:428-31. 2001..a rare case of secondary amyloidosis associated with usual interstitial pneumonia (UIP), who died from spontaneous rupture of the amyloid spleen. A 68-year-old man was admitted to evaluate to his interstital lung disease...
- Spontaneous rupture of kidney with peri-renal haematoma: a conservative approachV Koo
Department of Urology, Altnagelvin Hospital, Glenshane Road, Londonderry BT47 1SB
Ulster Med J 73:53-6. 2004
- Surgery in intra-abdominal ruptured hydatid cystHadj Omar el Malki
World J Surg 31:1525; author reply 1526-7. 2007
- Intrahepatic bile duct rupture of hydatid cyst: a severe complication for the patientM Stamatakos
2nd Department of Propedeutic Surgery, University of Athens, School of Medicine, Laiko General Hospital, Athens, Greece
Chirurgia (Bucur) 102:257-62. 2007..Intrabiliary rupture, although rare, carries severe health risks; timely diagnosis and appropriate management of this entity are vital for the patient's survival...
- HEMODYNAMICS OF CEREBRAL ARTERIOVENOUS MALFORMATIONSHua Su; Fiscal Year: 2013..There is no medical therapy available to directly treat AVMs or decrease the spontaneous rupture risk. The only options are resection, embolization and radiotherapy, all of which may pose significant risk...
- Computational and Biological Approach to Flow DiversionRamanathan Kadirvel; Fiscal Year: 2013..These aneurysms, present in approximately 2% of the population, may undergo spontaneous rupture with devastating consequences...
- PORTABLE DEVICE FOR INSTANT DIAGNOSIS OF PNEUMOTHORAXHansen Mansy; Fiscal Year: 2002..The many potential causes include spontaneous rupture of small alveoli or blebs, progression of inflammatory diseases, complications of diagnostic or therapeutic ..
- Improved Animal Modeling of Saccular AneurysmsDavid F Kallmes; Fiscal Year: 2010..This program will enhance health by preventing the catastrophic events resulting from spontaneous rupture of intracranial aneurysms.
- The Role of Tenascin in Neointimal FormationPrediman Shah; Fiscal Year: 2009..Aim 3. TN deficiency promotes neointimal formation after vascular injury. Aim 4. TN deficiency per se is sufficient for neointimal formation. ..
- CHOLESTEROL & PLAQUE RUPTURE--WOMEN AND PLAQUE EROSIONRenu Virmani; Fiscal Year: 2001..In addition, analysis of plaque morphology in the animal model proposed in Project 4 will be carried out in project 1. ..
- Plaque Progression, Apoptosis and InflammationRenu Virmani; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- RADIATION ARTERIOPATHY IN A TRANSGENIC AV FISTULA MODELMichael Lawton; Fiscal Year: 2004..If NO and TGF-01 are involved in the radiation arteriopathy of AVMs, they might be used to enhance the efficacy of conventional stereotactic radiosurgery as part of a gene therapy for high-grade cerebral AVMs. ..
- PROPERTIES OF THE INTIMAL SMOOTH MUSCLE CELLStephen Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Drug Abuse, Social Decision-Making, and Sex-Related Functional Brain AsymmetryDANIEL T TRANEL; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- A MURINE MODEL FOR PLAQUE RUPTUREStephen Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Progestogen Inhibition of Ovarian Cancer Cell MetastasisWilliam Murdoch; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- VASCULATA V - 2008: the basic science of cardiovascular disease, including the inStephen Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2008..End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Strain induced myopathy in post infarction heart failureJoseph Gorman; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Unruptured Intracranial Aneurysms: Neurologic OutcomeRobert Brown; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- ENDOTHELIAL INJURY IN SMALL VESSELSStephen Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2007..This will permit us to identify the cellular source of the fibrous cap. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Complement inhibition in experimental autoimmune uveitisRUSSELL READ; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- HYPOXIA INDUCIBLE VEGF PRODUCTION IN SLEEP APNEAAndrew Levy; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Paracrine Regulation of IGF-I in the Developing IleumPhillip Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- AtherothrombosisPeter Libby; Fiscal Year: 2005..This effort will hasten the translation of research discoveries to promote health of the heart and blood vessels at home and abroad. ..
- ROLE OF TIMPS AND MMPS IN CORNEAL ULCERATIONKAREN KERNACKI; Fiscal Year: 2004..Aim 4: To similarly examine specific TIMPs (TIMP-1 and -4) in the pathogenesis of corneal alkali-burn in inbred mice using moderate vs severe burns. ..
- Inflammatory Mechanisms of AtherosclerosisPeter Libby; Fiscal Year: 2006..5. We will explore a putative functional role of a novel prostaglandin E2 receptor EP4 interacting protein (EPRAP) in endogenous anti-inflammatory pathways. ..
- Optimizing Cardiovascular Devices Thrombogenicity for Eliminating AnticoagulationDanny Bluestein; Fiscal Year: 2009..It is envisioned that it will also facilitate the use of these devices for long term therapy by reducing the need for difficult pharmacological management with anticoagulants, which is mandated for most existing devices. ..