- Sexual function and pelvic floor disorders
Urogynaecology Department, Mercy Hospital for Women, East Melbourne, VIC 3002, Australia
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 19:993-1008; quiz A1-8. 2005
..is common and increases with age and pelvic floor disorders such as urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse. Surgical treatment of pelvic floor disorders has been poorly studied but has the potential to improve sexual ..
- Safety and effectiveness of Colpexin Sphere in the treatment of pelvic organ prolapse
James Chivian Lukban
Urogynecology Associates of Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 17:449-54. 2006
Our objective was to determine the safety and effectiveness of Colpexin Sphere in women with advanced genital prolapse. A total of 39 subjects were enrolled in our prospective multicenter clinical trial, and 27 completed the full 16-week ..
- The Colpexin Sphere: a new conservative management option for pelvic organ prolapse
Karen M Sasso
Evanston Continence Center, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Urogynecology, Evanston, IL, USA
Urol Nurs 26:433-40; quiz 441. 2006
Pelvic organ prolapse is a frequently overlooked condition occurring commonly among women of all ages. A brief overview of pelvic organ prolapse and a discussion of the Colpexin Sphere is provided...
- Pelvic organ prolapse in fibulin-5 knockout mice: pregnancy-induced changes in elastic fiber homeostasis in mouse vagina
Peter G Drewes
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9032, USA
Am J Pathol 170:578-89. 2007
Pelvic organ prolapse is strongly associated with a history of vaginal delivery. The mechanisms by which pregnancy and parturition lead to failure of pelvic organ support, however, are not known...
- Pelvic organ prolapse
J Eric Jelovsek
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology A81, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Lancet 369:1027-38. 2007
Pelvic organ prolapse is downward descent of female pelvic organs, including the bladder, uterus or post-hysterectomy vaginal cuff, and the small or large bowel, resulting in protrusion of the vagina, uterus, or both...
- Fallopian tube prolapse after total laparoscopic hysterectomy
Division of Gynecological Surgery, Center for Pelvic Health, Florida Hospital at Celebration Health, Celebration, FL 34747, USA
Obstet Gynecol 112:494-5. 2008
Fallopian tube prolapse is an uncommon but reported complication after laparoscopic hysterectomy.
- Optical coherence tomography assessment of the acute effects of stent implantation on the vessel wall: a systematic quantitative approach
Thoraxcenter, Erasmus MC, 3015 CE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Heart 95:1913-9. 2009
- Fallopian tube prolapse
Neath and Port Talbot General Hospital, Baglan, Wales
J Obstet Gynaecol 26:176-7. 2006
- Fallopian tube prolapse mimicking aggressive angiomyxoma
Department of Pathology, Baystate Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Springfield, Massachusetts 01199, USA
Int J Gynecol Pathol 24:292-4. 2005
..Laparotomy did not confirm the clinical suspicion of bowel prolapse and led to resection of the mass...
- Ascending peritonitis associated with Fallopian tube prolapse following hysterectomy
Division of Women s and Children s Health, Taunton and Somerset Hospital, Taunton, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 28:456. 2008
- [Pyosalpingitis after interadnexal laparoscopic hysterectomy. Two cases]
Service de gynécologie obstétrique et reproduction humaine, Polyclinique, CHU Hotel Dieu, 11, Boulevard Leon Malfreyt, 63058 Clermont Ferrand cedex 01, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 33:768-71. 2005
The prolapse of a uterine tube is a rare event after hysterectomy with adnexal conservation. It is described in the literature after abdominal or vagina hysterectomy...
- Posterior prolapse: an important entity even in the modern age of the pars flaccida approach to lap-band placement
Danny A Sherwinter
Department of Surgery, Laparoscopy Center, Syosset Hospital, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Syosset, NY 11791, USA
Obes Surg 16:1312-7. 2006
..in patients who undergo laparoscopic adjustable gastric band (LAGB) surgery are pouch dilatation and gastric prolapse (slippage). Gastric prolapse can be divided into the anterior and posterior variety...
- Prolapsed fallopian tube with squamous metaplasia
K D Jashnani
J Postgrad Med 48:241-2. 2002
- Fallopian tube prolapse misdiagnosed as vault granulation tissue: a report of three cases
Young Soo Song
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, Hanyang University, 17, Haengdang dong, Sungdong Ku, 133 791 Seoul, Korea
Pathol Res Pract 201:819-22. 2005
b>Prolapse of the fallopian tube into the vagina is an uncommon complication caused by either vaginal or abdominal hysterectomy. Recently, however, we encountered three cases with prolapse of the fallopian tube after abdominal hysterectomy...
- Fallopian tube prolapse presenting as a peritoneovaginal fistula
Michael S Ingber
Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Can J Urol 17:5117-9. 2010
..Likewise, fallopian tube prolapse is an uncommon but known complication of hysterectomy...
- Abdominal sacral colpopexy for repair of neovaginal prolapse in male-to-female transsexuals
Robert W Frederick
Tower Urology Institute for Continence, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Urology 64:580-1. 2004
..The incidence of neovaginal prolapse is not known but is believed to be relatively rare...
- Fallopian tube prolapse after laparoscopic resection of pelvic endometriosis
David M Rosenthal
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, North York General Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Obstet Gynecol 105:808-9. 2005
Fallopian tube prolapse is an unusual but often reported complication after hysterectomy. This problem has not yet been reported in a patient undergoing laparoscopy but not hysterectomy.
- Size of the urogenital hiatus in the levator ani muscles in normal women and women with pelvic organ prolapse
J O DeLancey
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109 0216, USA
Obstet Gynecol 91:364-8. 1998
Compare urogenital hiatus size in normal women and women with pelvic organ prolapse.
- Management of intraoperative iris prolapse: stepwise practical approach
Naing L Tint
Cornea and External Eye Diseases, Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Cataract Refract Surg 38:1845-52. 2012
Iris prolapse is not an uncommon occurrence during cataract surgery...
- Post-hysterectomy fallopian tube prolapse--a diagnostic pitfall
Department of Gynaecology, King s Mill Hospital, Sutton in Ashfield, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 27:324. 2007
- Fallopian tube prolapse following hysterectomy
Qing bo Fan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100730
Chin Med Sci J 21:20-3. 2006
To investigate the clinical diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of fallopian tube prolapse (FTP) after hysterectomy.
- Risk factors and infant outcomes associated with umbilical cord prolapse
Zubeyde Hanim Maternity Hospital, Telsizler, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 78:127-30. 2002
Our goal was to identify risk factors associated with umbilical cord prolapse and to review the perinatal outcome of cases of cord prolapse.
- Prolapse of the fallopian tube after hysterectomy associated with exuberant angiomyofibroblastic stroma response: a diagnostic pitfall
Sikl s Department of Pathology, Medical Faculty Hospital, Charles University, Pilsen, Czech Republic
Virchows Arch 437:436-9. 2000
We report two cases of prolapse of the fallopian tube associated with an exuberant angiomyofibroblastic stroma response, which occurred after hysterectomy and which is a hitherto unreported feature of this lesion...
- Post-hysterectomy fallopian tube prolapse
J M Piacenza
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, University Hospital, Rue Micheli du Crest 25, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 98:253-5. 2001
Post-hysterectomy fallopian tube prolapse is a rare complication with only 80 cases described since 1902. Symptoms are non-specific and often of delayed onset...
- Fibroepithelial polyp of distal ureter with periodic prolapse into bladder
Department of Urology, Ioannina University School of Medicine, Ioannina, Greece
Urol Int 80:338-40. 2008
..Cystoscopy revealed that movement of the polyp was moving forward and backward in the right ureteric orifice. Cold-cut biopsy established the diagnosis. The patient underwent ureteroscopic excision and remains asymptomatic a year later...
- Serious unconventional complications of surgery with stapler for haemorrhoidal prolapse and obstructed defaecation because of rectocoele and rectal intussusception
Department of General Surgery IV, Santa Chiara Hospital, Pisa, Italy
Colorectal Dis 13:323-7. 2011
Treatment of haemorrhoidal prolapse by stapled haemorrhoidopexy (SH) and obstructed defaecation syndrome with the stapled transanal rectal resection (STARR) technique is becoming increasingly popular with patients and surgeons...
- Gastric hyperplastic polyps: a heterogeneous clinicopathologic group including a distinct subset best categorized as mucosal prolapse polyp
Department, Hospital General de Ciudad Real, Ciudad Real, Spain
Am J Surg Pathol 35:670-7. 2011
..Gastric hyperplastic polyps are the second most common subtype of gastric polyps. There has been an ongoing debate about their precise diagnostic criteria and etiological associations...
- Cloaca prolapse and cystitis in green iguana (Iguana iguana) caused by a novel Cryptosporidium species
Marja J L Kik
Department of Pathobiology, Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, Yalelaan 1, 3584 CL Utrecht, The Netherlands
Vet Parasitol 175:165-7. 2011
..Based on the small subunit ribosomal RNA gene the cryptosporidia were characterized as belonging to the intestinal cryptosporidial lineage, but not to Cryptosporidium saurophilum or Cryptosporidium serpentis species...
- Surgical management of tubal prolapse
W A A Tjalma
Department of Gynecology and Gynecological Oncology, University Hospital of Antwerp, Edegem, Belgium
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 83:207-8. 2003
- Vitreous prolapse through the scleral wound in 25-gauge transconjunctival vitrectomy
Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, Nihon University, Tokyo, Japan
Eur J Ophthalmol 18:659-62. 2008
To examine the effectiveness of excising peripheral vitreous until the cannula tip is exposed to prevent vitreous prolapse through the scleral wound in 25-gauge transconjunctival vitrectomy.
- Pyloric obstruction caused by prolapse of a hyperplastic gastric polyp
Department of Visceral Surgery, Karl Franzens University, Graz, Austria
Hepatogastroenterology 49:958-60. 2002
..Histologic examination showed a hyperplastic polyp without dysplasia or malignancy. The significance of gastric polyps is discussed from the clinical point of view...
- Fascial and muscular abnormalities in women with urethral hypermobility and anterior vaginal wall prolapse
John O L Delancey
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, 48109 0276, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 187:93-8. 2002
..Our purpose was to assess the structural integrity of individual elements of the urethral and anterior vaginal wall support system...
- A prospective study of laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy for the management of pelvic organ prolapse
C E North
Department of Urogynaecology, St Mary s Hospital, Whitworth Park, Manchester, UK
BJOG 116:1251-7. 2009
..Assessment of the 2-year outcome of laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy...
- Umbilical cord prolapse
Monique G Lin
Center for Research in Women s Health, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics Gynecology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35249 7333, USA
Obstet Gynecol Surv 61:269-77. 2006
b>Prolapse of the umbilical cord is a rare obstetric emergency that in the viable fetus necessitates an expeditious delivery...
- Local treatment of a loop colostomy prolapse with a linear stapler
Department of Surgery, University Hospital of Larissa, Larissa 41110, Greece
Tech Coloproctol 9:156-8. 2005
Stomal prolapse is considered to be a common complication especially following loop colostomies...
- Retrospective multicentre study of the new minimally invasive mesh repair devices for pelvic organ prolapse
Urogynaecology Unit, Southern General Hospital, Greater Glasgow and Clyde Health Board, Glasgow, UK
BJOG 115:22-30. 2008
To assess the complications and short-term outcomes of prolapse repair mesh devices used in the management of female pelvic organ prolapse (POP).
- Florid vascular proliferation of the colon related to intussusception and mucosal prolapse: potential diagnostic confusion with angiosarcoma
N R Bavikatty
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Hospitals, 1500 E. Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-0054, USA
Mod Pathol 14:1114-8. 2001
..The overlying mucosa showed ulceration with ischemic-type changes, and had features of mucosal prolapse. A possible underlying arteriovenous malformation was identified in two cases...
- Incidence and patient characteristics of vaginal cuff dehiscence after different modes of hysterectomies
Hye Chun Hur
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 14:311-7. 2007
- What causes eyelid bags? Analysis of 114 consecutive patients
Robert Alan Goldberg
Division of Orbital and Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery, Jules Stein Eye Institute, and the Department of Ophthalmology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, Calif 90095 7006, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 115:1395-402; discussion 1403-4. 2005
..The purpose of this study was to identify the anatomical basis for perception of lower eyelid bags in patients seeking aesthetic surgery and to evaluate the cumulative contribution of different anatomic characteristics before surgery...
- Surgical management of anterior vaginal wall prolapse: an evidencebased literature review
Royal Women s, Mater and Wesley Hospitals, Level 4 Suite 86 Sandford Jackson Building, 30 Chasely Street Auchenflower, 4066, QLD, Brisbane, Australia
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 17:195-201. 2006
The aim of this review is to summarize the available literature on surgical management of anterior vaginal wall prolapse. A Medline search from 1966 to 2004 and a hand-search of conference proceedings of the International Continence ..
- Posthysterectomy intestinal prolapse after coitus and vaginal repair
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Arch Gynecol Obstet 272:80-1. 2005
..Furthermore, vaginal cuff rupture with the prolapse of the small bowel through the vagina during sexual intercourse after abdominal hysterectomy in a premenopausal ..
- Familial transmission of genitovaginal prolapse
Gregory S Jack
Department of Urology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 17:498-501. 2006
Some females with little to no risk factors develop prolapse, while other females with multiple risk factors do not. It appears that some women may have a predisposition for prolapse in the setting of equivalent risk factors...
- Epidemiology of pelvic organ prolapse in rural Gambia, West Africa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, UK
BJOG 109:431-6. 2002
To investigate the prevalence of pelvic organ prolapse in rural Gambia.
- Prolapsed hyperplastic gastric polyp causing pancreatitis: case report
R A De La Cruz
Department of Radiology, , , Madrid, Spain
Abdom Imaging 26:584-6. 2001
..The compression and obstruction of the ampulla of Vater by this polyp caused acute pancreatitis. An overview of imaging findings, general considerations about hyperplastic gastric polyps, and a review of the literature are provided...
- Mucosal prolapse in the pathogenesis of Peutz-Jeghers polyposis
Academic Medical Centre of the University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Gut 55:1-5. 2006
..We postulate that a genetic predisposition to epithelial prolapse underlies the formation of the polyps associated with PJS...
- The history and evolution of pessaries for pelvic organ prolapse
Sheetle M Shah
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Mayday University Hospital, 530 London Road, CR7 7YE, Croydon, U K
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 17:170-5. 2006
The use of pessaries for the treatment of genital prolapse dates back prior to the days of Hippocrates and their use has been documented in early Egyptian papyruses...
- [Surgical management of pelvic organ prolapse in women: laparoscopic or vaginal sacrocolpopexy?]
Centre de pelvipérinéologie, Clinique Saint Hilaire, 2, place Saint Hilaire, 76000 Rouen, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 36:978-83. 2008
To compare the safety and the efficacy of the laparoscopic and vaginal technique for the surgical management of pelvic organ prolapse, with systematic support of the three compartments and prosthetic reinforcements.
- Pessary use in advanced pelvic organ prolapse
Division of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Women s Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 17:160-4. 2006
The objective of this study was to review our experience with pessary use for advanced pelvic organ prolapse. Charts of patients treated for Stage III and IV prolapse were reviewed...
- Gastric slippage as an emergency: diagnosis and management
Al Waleed M Abuzeid
Royal Free and University College Medical School Department of Surgery, Whittington Campus, Highgate Hill, London, UK
Obes Surg 17:559-61. 2007
..The most prevalent complication following LAGB is band slippage leading to gastric prolapse. These cases often present to the emergency department where surgeons need to appropriately diagnose and ..
- Levator defects are associated with prolapse after pelvic floor surgery
Angela N Model
Nepean Clinical School, University of Sydney, Penrith, NSW, Australia
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 153:220-3. 2010
Pelvic organ prolapse recurrence after pelvic floor surgery is a common problem. This study was designed to assess whether avulsion defects of the puborectalis muscle are associated with recurrent pelvic organ prolapse and its symptoms.
- The role of laparoscopic surgery in the management of tubal prolapse: a 7 case series and literature review
Keith W K Lo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong, China
Surg Innov 14:24-6. 2007
Fallopian tube prolapse is an unusual complication after hysterectomy. Different surgical options have been proposed, including abdominal, vaginal, and combined laparoscopic approaches, with partial or complete salpingectomy...
- Lacrimal gland prolapse in blepharochalasis
K S Hundal
Eye (Lond) 18:429-30. 2004
- Prolapse of aortic intimal flap into the left ventricle: a rare cause of global myocardial ischemia in acute type A aortic dissection
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine1 Hikarogaoka, Fukushima 960 1295, Japan
Circ J 70:214-5. 2006
..Acute aortic dissection must be kept in mind when presented with myocardial ischemia and TEE is the most useful method for detecting a prolapsing cylindrical intimal flap...
- Reducing band slippage in laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding: the mesh plication pars flaccida technique
Chantel Mary Thornton
Department of Surgery, Royal Hobart Hospital, Tasmania, Australia
Obes Surg 19:1702-6. 2009
..This involves prolapse of part of the stomach, with varying degrees of gastric obstruction...
- Management of the urethral outlet in patients with severe prolapse
Lauri J Romanzi
Obstetrics and Gynecology, Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, New York, USA
Curr Opin Urol 12:339-44. 2002
..of women seeking consultation for pelvic floor disorders, a large portion of which will involve pelvic organ prolapse (POP) and lower urinary tract dysfunction, are expected to reach epidemic proportions within the next decade...
- Umbilical cord prolapse--a review of diagnosis to delivery interval on perinatal and maternal outcome
Rozilla S Khan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
J Pak Med Assoc 57:487-91. 2007
To determine the significance of the Diagnosis to Delivery Interval (DDI) on perinatal outcome and maternal complications in patients with umbilical cord prolapse.
- Full-thickness pouch prolapse after restorative proctocolectomy: a potential future problem treated by the new technique of external pelvic neorectal suspension (the Express procedure)
Norman S Williams
Centre for Academic Surgery, The Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel, London, United Kingdom
Dis Colon Rectum 47:1415-9. 2004
Full thickness pouch prolapse following restroative proctocolectomy is an uncommon complication but likely to become more frequent as this population of patients grows older...
- [Diagnosis of uterovaginal prolapse]
M E Vierhout
Universitair Medisch Centrum St Radboud, afd Obstetrie en Gynaecologie, Huispost 415, 6500 HB Nijmegen
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 148:2432-6. 2004
Uterovaginal prolapse is a frequently occurring problem, being encountered in 2-88 per 1000 women in the population. When diagnosing uterovaginal prolapse, both the anatomical abnormality and the severity should be indicated...
- Massive prolapse of the urethral mucosa following periurethral injection of calcium hydroxylapatite for stress urinary incontinence
Paulo C R Palma
Division of Urology, Campinas State University Unicamp, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 17:670-1. 2006
..The authors present a case report of a granulomatous reaction leading to urethral prolapse, 3 months after the transurethral injection of calcium hydroxylapatite...
- Is prolapse gastropathy a cause of upper gastrointestinal bleeding?
Department of Gastroenterology, Ataturk Teaching and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 14:106-10. 2003
b>Prolapse gastropathy is a clinical syndrome involving the invagination of a part of the gastric mucosa into the lower esophagus resulting in well demarcated hemorrhagic mucosa and sometimes bleeding...
- Complete eversion and prolapse of bladder concurrent with primary adenocarcinoma
Y H Kim
Department of Radiology, Korea University, College of Medicine, Anam Hospital, 126 1, 5 ka Anam dong, Sungbuk Ku, Seoul 136 705, Korea
Br J Radiol 79:e8-11. 2006
Complete eversion and prolapse of the urinary bladder is extremely rare. To the best of our knowledge, the imaging findings of complete bladder eversion have not been documented in the literature...
- Role of perineal ultrasound in the evaluation of urinary stress incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse: a systematic review
Department of Urology, University of Verona, Italy
Neurourol Urodyn 25:301-6; discussion 307. 2006
- Prevalence and management of prolapse of the ileoanal pouch
Overlake Colon and Rectal Clinic, Bellevue, Washington, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 47:885-8. 2004
..These may jeopardize the pouch and may require pouch salvage procedures. Prolapse of the ileoanal pouch is a little-known complication infrequently noted in the literature...
- Giant left atrium, giant thrombus, and left atrial prolapse in a patient with mitral valve replacement
Department of Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine, Gaziantep University, Gaziantep, Turkey
Echocardiography 19:691-2. 2002
- Pelvic-floor muscle function in women with pelvic organ prolapse
Diane F Borello-France
Department of Physical Therapy, 111 Health Sciences Bldg, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA 15282, USA
Phys Ther 87:399-407. 2007
The purpose of this study was to determine whether pelvic organ prolapse severity, pelvic symptoms, quality of life, and sexual function differ based on pelvic-floor muscle function in women planning to have prolapse surgery.
- Classification and evaluation of prolapse
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Glostrup Hospital, University of Copenhagen, 2600 Glostrup, Denmark
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 19:895-911. 2005
Pelvic organ prolapse is prevalent among older women. Milder stages of prolapse, cranial to the hymen, are common and usually symptomless. A specific symptom is a bulge outside the vagina...
- Risk factors and perinatal outcomes associated with umbilical cord prolapse
Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ministry of Health, Ankara Etlik Maternity and Women s Health Teaching, Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Arch Gynecol Obstet 274:104-7. 2006
To utilize infant outcomes and to identify risk factors associated with umbilical cord prolapse.
- Magnetic resonance imaging measurements of extraocular muscle path shift and posterior eyeball prolapse from the muscle cone in acquired esotropia with high myopia
Department of Ophthalmology, Shiga University of Medical Science, Otsu, Shiga, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 136:482-9. 2003
To investigate extraocular muscle (EOM) path shift and prolapse of posterior eyeball from muscle cone in acquired esotropia with high myopia (AEHM), using magnetic resonance imaging.
- Primary surgery of genital prolapse: a shift in treatment tradition
Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linköping 58185, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 85:1104-8. 2006
The use of complete repairs in genital prolapse surgery has been questioned because of the possible adverse effects of the surgery on the urogenital and sexual function and selective repairs have been advocated...
- Do overactive bladder symptoms improve after repair of anterior vaginal wall prolapse?
G Alessandro Digesu
Urogynaecology Unit, Buzzi Hospital, ICP, Milan, Italy
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 18:1439-43. 2007
This study aims to evaluate the changes of overactive bladder symptoms to anterior vaginal wall prolapse repair...
- Fetal survival after umbilical cord prolapse for more than three days. A case report
D M Poetker
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, 200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, IA 52242-1080, USA
J Reprod Med 46:776-8. 2001
BACKGROUND: Umbilical cord prolapse is an uncommon obstetric emergency. CASE: A 28-year-old woman, gravida 1, para 0, presented at 23 2/7 weeks' gestation with vaginal leakage of fluid. She was diagnosed with umbilical cord prolapse...
- Factors associated with pelvic floor dysfunction with emphasis on urinary and fecal incontinence and genital prolapse: an epidemiological study
Eva Uustal Fornell
Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 83:383-9. 2004
To describe a general population of women with regard to factors associated with urinary and fecal incontinence and genital prolapse symptoms.
- Vitreous prolapse and IOL dislocation during intravitreal injection of triamcinolone acetonide
Robert F Degenring
Department of Ophthalmology Cologne Merheim, Cologne Hospitals, Ostmerheimer Str 200, 51109, Cologne, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 244:1043-4. 2006
..To report on procedure-related anterior segment complications during intravitreal injections...
- SIS graft for anterior vaginal wall prolapse repair--a case-controlled study
Urogynaecology Unit, Academic Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Imperial College, St Mary s Hospital, London, UK
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 17:492-7. 2006
The purpose of this study was to assess the effect on quality of life and prolapse severity of traditional anterior repair compared to anterior repair with a small intestine submucosa (SIS) graft...
- Local correction of a transverse loop colostomy prolapse by means of a stapler device
Department of Surgery, Fujita Health University, School of Medicine, 1 98 Kutsukake, Toyoake, Aichi, 470 1192, Japan
Tech Coloproctol 8:45-6. 2004
b>Prolapse is a common complication in patients with a transverse loop colostomy. In most cases, the prolapse can be managed conservatively awaiting time for closure eventually...
- Analysis of prolapse in cardiovascular stents: a constitutive equation for vascular tissue and finite-element modelling
P J Prendergast
Center for Bioengineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland
J Biomech Eng 125:692-9. 2003
..Because of this, the deflection of the tissue between the struts of the stent (called prolapse or "draping") has been used as a measure of the potential of a stent to cause restenosis...
- The development of pelvic organ prolapse following isolated Burch retropubic urethropexy
Christina H Kwon
Department of Obstetrics Gynecology, Division of Urogynecology, New York University, 550 First Avenue, NBV9E2, New York, NY 10016, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 14:321-5; discussion 325. 2003
The purpose of our study was to examine the incidence of prolapse in a group of women who had had an isolated Tanagho modification of the Burch colposuspension performed without significant pelvic organ prolapse preoperatively...
- Pathophysiology and prevention of loop stomal prolapse in the transverse colon
Department of Surgery, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, 1 98 Kutsukake, Toyoake, 470 1192 Aichi, Japan
Tech Coloproctol 7:108-11. 2003
We investigated both pathogenesis and prevention of loop transverse stomal prolapse. Seven patients with reducible prolapsed stoma were studied under fluoroscopy after staining the prolapsed stoma and the colon by barium medium while ..
- Experiences and expectations of women with urogenital prolapse: a quantitative and qualitative exploration
Department of Urogynaecology, King s College Hospital, London, UK
BJOG 115:1362-8. 2008
To explore the expectations and goals of women undergoing surgery for urogenital prolapse using both a quantitative quality of life approach exploring symptom bother and a qualitative interview-based approach exploring patient goals and ..
- Correction of end colostomy prolapse using a curved surgical stapler, performed under sedation
H J M Ferguson
City Hospital, Birmingham, B18 7QH, UK
Tech Coloproctol 14:165-7. 2010
Acute stoma prolapse most commonly occurs following emergency surgery, frequently in patients with significant medical co-morbidities...
- Cadaveric prolapse repair with sling: intermediate outcomes with 6 months to 5 years of followup
Robert W Frederick
Tower Urology Institute for Continence, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Urol 173:1229-33. 2005
We present the prospective, intermediate-term results for cadaveric prolapse repair with sling as combined treatment of stress urinary incontinence and cystocele.
- Pregnancy, labor, delivery, and pelvic organ prolapse
Eddie H M Sze
Department ofObstetrics and Gynecology, East Carolina University Brody School of Medicine, Pitt County Memorial Hospital, Greenville, North Carolina, USA
Obstet Gynecol 100:981-6. 2002
To compare 1) the occurrence of pelvic organ prolapse after vaginal and cesarean delivery, and 2) the susceptibility of black and white women to developing prolapse during childbirth.
- 17beta-estradiol suppresses proliferation of fibroblasts derived from cardinal ligaments in patients with or without pelvic organ prolapse
Y M Liu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong
Hum Reprod 21:303-8. 2006
Estrogen replacement therapy (ERT) has been used in the treatment of pelvic organ prolapse (POP) but clinical results are inconclusive...
- Obstetric management of a woman's first delivery and the implications for pelvic floor surgery in later life
Division of Maternal and Child Health Sciences, University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, UK
BJOG 112:1043-6. 2005
..To determine the influence of intrapartum care during a first delivery on the risk of pelvic floor surgery in later life...
- The use of prosthetics in pelvic reconstructive surgery
Division of Urogynaecology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Foothills Medical Centre, North Tower, 1441 29th Street, NW Calgary, Alta, Canada T2N 4J8
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 19:979-91. 2005
..The lifetime risk of undergoing prolapse or incontinence surgery in the USA is 1 in 11...
- Sedation and local anaesthesia for vaginal pelvic floor repair of genital prolapse using mesh
Department of Gynecology, St Goran s Hospital and Sabbatsberg Hospital, 11281 Stockholm, Sweden
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 18:1471-5. 2007
In this study of the surgical repair of pelvic organ prolapse (POP), the vaginal pelvic floor repair with mesh (PFR-Mesh) procedure was used. The procedure is originally named TVM...
- [Imaging pelvic floor prolapse]
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Université Bichat Beaujon, Hopital Beaujon, 100, Avenue du General Leclerc, 92110 Clichy
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 32:22-9. 2003
..MR imaging (MRI) may be used as an alternative to dynamic cystoproctography for the evaluation of pelvic floor prolapse. Our study aimed to define the range of dynamic pelvic MRI aspects observed during the exploration of pelvic ..
- The significance of bladder trabeculation in the female lower urinary system: an objective evaluation by urodynamic studies
Sang Wook Bai
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 134 Shinchon dong, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Yonsei Med J 46:673-8. 2005
..to investigate the relationship between bladder trabeculation, urinary function, and the stage of pelvic organ prolapse (POP)...
- Anatomical and functional significance of urogenital hiatus in primary urodynamic stress incontinence
W C Huang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cathay General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 27:71-7. 2006
..To explore the correlations of anatomical and functional sonographic parameters of urogenital hiatus in primary urodynamic stress incontinence...
- Dynamic evaluation of female pelvic organ prolapse by extended proctography
Frederick M Kelvin
Department of Radiology, Methodist Hospital of Indiana, 1701 North Senate Boulevard, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Radiol Clin North Am 41:395-407. 2003
..Large enteroceles and marked vaginal vault prolapse, in particular, are much more amenable to correction by transabdominal surgery...
- MRI of pelvic floor dysfunction: dynamic true fast imaging with steady-state precession versus HASTE
Elizabeth M Hecht
Department of Radiology, New York University Medical Center, 560 First Ave, Ste HW 202, New York, NY 10016, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 191:352-8. 2008
The objective of our study was to retrospectively compare the degree of pelvic organ prolapse shown on dynamic true fast imaging with steady-state precession (FISP) versus HASTE sequences in symptomatic patients.
- Magnetic resonance imaging in evaluating functional disorders of female pelvic floor
Dipartimento di Scienze Mediche, Oncologiche e Radiologiche, Sezione di Scienze Radiologiche, Universita degli Studi di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Italy
Radiol Med 103:488-500. 2002
..To evaluate the diagnostic capabilities of MRI in the study of functional diseases of the female pelvic floor...
- MRI of pelvic organ prolapse
Harpreet K Pannu
The Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Eur Radiol 14:1456-64. 2004
- Pelvic floor surgery in the older woman
Kimberly A Gerten
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Women s Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 50:826-43. 2007
Pelvic floor disorders including urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, and fecal incontinence are common problems encountered by the older woman...
- Practicalities and pitfalls of pessaries in older women
Elisa Rodriguez Trowbridge
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0276, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 50:709-19. 2007
..Although there are some downsides in using pessaries in clinical practice, many of these pitfalls can be appropriately addressed with education and training of clinician and patients...
- Evisceration after enterocele repair: a rare complication of vaginal surgery
H S Virtanen
University Central Hospital of Turku, Finland
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 7:344-7. 1996
..Of the reported repair operations, 57% were performed transabdominably, 28% transvaginally, and 15% via a combined abdominovaginal route. The authors present 1 more case treated transvaginally, with a review of the literature...
- Tension-free obturator tape (Monarc Subfascial Hammock) in patients with or without associated procedures
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Edouard Herriot Hospital, Lyon, France
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 18:165-72. 2007
..4% in the Monarc + other surgery group. Pelvic floor defects, benign uterine disorders, and stress urinary incontinence can be safely treated with transobturator tape, using the Monarc device, and concomitant vaginal procedures...
- Ultrasound imaging of the pelvic floor. Part II: three-dimensional or volume imaging
H P Dietz
Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 23:615-25. 2004
..To date, such systems have been used to image the urethra, the levator ani and paravaginal supports, prolapse and implants used in pelvic floor reconstruction and anti-incontinence surgery...
- Transvaginal bowel evisceration following pelvic floor repair
Chase Farm Hospital, Enfield, London, UK
Arch Gynecol Obstet 277:183-4. 2008
- [Treatment of genito-urinary prolapses by spinuos fixation with a polypropylene prosthesis]
Service d Urologie, centre hospitalier René Dubos, 6, av enue de l Ile de France, BP 79, 95303 Cergy Pontoise
Prog Urol 12:517-20; discussion 521. 2002
..The very satisfactory results achieved let us think that this technique will take a great place in the treatment of the genito-urinary prolapses...
- Pelvic organ support in nulliparous pregnant and nonpregnant women: a case control study
Amy L O'Boyle
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Urogynecology, Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, WA 98431, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 187:99-102. 2002
..Our purpose was to compare pelvic organ support in nulliparous pregnant and nonpregnant women at a single institution...