Genomes and Genes
Summary: Enlargement of the liver.
Publications236 found, 100 shown here
- A 41-year-old man with fatigue, weight loss, hypercalcemia, and hepatosplenomegalyBruce P Hamilton
Department of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, and Medical Care Clinical Center, VA Maryland Health Care System, Baltimore, USA
Am J Med Sci 324:31-6. 2002
- Xenobiotic stress induces hepatomegaly and liver tumors via the nuclear receptor constitutive androstane receptorWendong Huang
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Endocrinol 19:1646-53. 2005..Here we show that CAR-mediated hepatomegaly is a transient, adaptive response to acute xenobiotic stress...
- Disruption of the sterol 27-hydroxylase gene in mice results in hepatomegaly and hypertriglyceridemia. Reversal by cholic acid feedingJ J Repa
Departments of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
J Biol Chem 275:39685-92. 2000..Cholic acid feeding reverses hepatomegaly and hypertriglyceridemia but not adrenomegaly in Cyp27(-/-) mice...
- Hepatosplenomegaly is associated with low regulatory and Th2 responses to schistosome antigens in childhood schistosomiasis and malaria coinfectionShona Wilson
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge, CB2 1QP, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 76:2212-8. 2008..levels in response to stimulation with SEA were high, and a negative association between presentation with hepatomegaly and the levels of the regulatory cytokines interleukin-6 and transforming growth factor beta(1) suggests that a ..
- Liver-specific ablation of integrin-linked kinase in mice results in abnormal histology, enhanced cell proliferation, and hepatomegalyVasiliki Gkretsi
Division of Cellular and Molecular Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Hepatology 48:1932-41. 2008..After the proliferative stage, however, the previous trends are reversed resulting in a super-differentiated phenotype in the ILK-deficient livers...
- Hepatosplenomegaly in Kenyan schoolchildren: exacerbation by concurrent chronic exposure to malaria and Schistosoma mansoni infectionShona Wilson
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Trop Med Int Health 12:1442-9. 2007..We investigated the role of chronic malaria in childhood hepatosplenomegaly in the presence and absence of concurrent S. mansoni infection...
- Gaucher's disease with Parkinson's disease: clinical and pathological aspectsB Bembi
Unità Operativa Dipartimentale di Malattie Metaboliche, I R C C S Burlo Garofolo, Trieste, Italy
Neurology 61:99-101. 2003..The authors describe four patients (two siblings) with type 1 Gaucher disease presenting with the following signs of typical PD: asymmetric onset of rigidity, resting tremor, bradykinesia, and a favorable response to Parkinson therapies...
- Liver-specific deletion of negative regulator Pten results in fatty liver and insulin hypersensitivity [corrected]Bangyan Stiles
Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:2082-7. 2004..Deletion of Pten in the liver resulted in increased fatty acid synthesis, accompanied by hepatomegaly and fatty liver phenotype...
- Regression of hepatosplenomegaly in Kenyan school-aged children after praziquantel treatment and three years of greatly reduced exposure to Schistosoma mansoniBirgitte J Vennervald
Danish Bilharziasis Laboratory, Charlottenlund, Denmark
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 99:150-60. 2005..and mid-clavicular lines decreased monotonically over time, independently of age, whereas clinically measured hepatomegaly along the mid-sternal line and the prevalence of firm livers decreased in an age-specific manner, being more ..
- Dietary phospholipid-rich dairy milk extract reduces hepatomegaly, hepatic steatosis and hyperlipidemia in mice fed a high-fat dietElaine Wat
Nutrition and Metabolism Group, Heart Research Institute, Camperdown, NSW, Sydney, Australia
Atherosclerosis 205:144-50. 2009..1 mmol/L vs. 2.6+/-0.1 mmol/L, P<0.01). These data indicate that dietary PLRDME has a beneficial effect on hepatomegaly, hepatic steatosis and elevated serum lipid levels in mice fed a high-fat diet, providing evidence that PLRDME ..
- The morbidity of schistosomiasis mansoni in the Rusizi Plain (Burundi)B Gryseels
Laboratory for Parasitology, State University of Leiden, The Netherlands
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 82:582-7. 1988..Left lobe hepatomegaly was found in 26% of those infected, and in 10% of those not infected; right lobe hepatomegaly in 7% and 5%, and ..
- Hepatomegaly in transgenic mice expressing the homeobox gene Cux-1Gregory B Vanden Heuvel
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, 66160, USA
Mol Carcinog 43:18-30. 2005..Here we show that mice constitutively expressing Cux-1 exhibit hepatomegaly correlating with an increase in cell proliferation...
- Association of hepatomegaly and jaundice with acute renal failure but not with cerebral malaria in severe falciparum malaria in ThailandM Nacher
Unité INSERM 511, Immunobiologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire des Infections Parasitaires, Faculté de Médecine Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France
Am J Trop Med Hyg 65:828-33. 2001..Jaundice and hepatomegaly were significantly associated with renal failure (adjusted odds ratio [AOR], 3...
- Development of an updated PBPK model for trichloroethylene and metabolites in mice, and its application to discern the role of oxidative metabolism in TCE-induced hepatomegalyM V Evans
National Center for Environmental Assessment, Office of Research and Development, US Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, DC 20460, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 236:329-40. 2009..Increases in liver weight (hepatomegaly) have been reported to occur quickly in rodents after TCE exposure, with liver tumor induction reported in mice ..
- Aflatoxin exposure may contribute to chronic hepatomegaly in Kenyan school childrenYun Yun Gong
Division of Epidemiology, Leeds Institute for Genetics, Health and Therapeutics, University of Leeds, Leeds, United Kingdom
Environ Health Perspect 120:893-6. 2012Presentation with a firm type of chronic hepatomegaly of multifactorial etiology is common among school-age children in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Hepatocyte proliferation and hepatomegaly induced by phenobarbital and 1,4-bis [2-(3,5-dichloropyridyloxy)] benzene is suppressed in hepatocyte-targeted glypican 3 transgenic miceChih Wen Lin
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Hepatology 54:620-30. 2011..This study investigates the role of GPC3 in hepatocyte proliferation and hepatomegaly induced by the xenobiotic mitogens phenobarbital (PB) and TCPOBOP (1, 4-bis [2-(3, 5-dichloropyridyloxy)] ..
- The effects of artemether-lumefantrine vs amodiaquine-sulfalene-pyrimethamine on the hepatomegaly associated with Plasmodium falciparum malaria in childrenA Sowunmi
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics and Institute for Medical Research and Training, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
Parasitol Res 100:511-7. 2007..In 79 children, the hepatomegaly reduction ratios (HRR) and the speed of resolution of hepatomegaly, the hepatomegaly resolution rates (HRSR), ..
- Trichloroacetic acid: updated estimates of its bioavailability and its contribution to trichloroethylene-induced mouse hepatomegalyWeihsueh A Chiu
National Center for Environmental Assessment, U S Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, DC 20460, USA
Toxicology 285:114-25. 2011..TCA) is a common drinking water disinfection byproduct that produces a spectrum of liver effects, including hepatomegaly and liver tumors, in mice...
- Accuracy and reliability of palpation and percussion for detecting hepatomegaly: a rural hospital-based studyRajnish Joshi
Division of Epidemiology, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Indian J Gastroenterol 23:171-4. 2004Palpation and percussion are standard bedside techniques used to diagnose hepatomegaly. Ultrasonography is a noninvasive and accurate method for measurement of liver size, but many patients in developing countries have limited access to ..
- Prolonged hepatomegaly in mice that cannot inactivate bacterial endotoxinBaomei Shao
Infectious Diseases Division, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX, USA
Hepatology 54:1051-62. 2011Transient hepatomegaly often accompanies acute bacterial infections. Reversible, dose-dependent hepatomegaly also occurs when animals are given intravenous infusions of bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS)...
- A multicenter retrospective study of childhood brucellosis in Chicago, Illinois from 1986 to 2008Latania K Logan
Rush University Medical Center, 1653 West Congress Parkway, Suite 736 Murdock, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Int J Infect Dis 15:e812-7. 2011..To determine risk factors in children for the acquisition of Brucella, clinical presentation, treatment, and disease outcomes...
- Hepatosplenic morbidity in two neighbouring communities in Uganda with high levels of Schistosoma mansoni infection but very different durations of residenceM Booth
Dept of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Rd, Cambridge CB2 1QP, UK
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 98:125-36. 2004..This parameter should therefore be a routine measurement during epidemiological surveys of S. mansoni...
- Exposure to malaria affects the regression of hepatosplenomegaly after treatment for Schistosoma mansoni infection in Kenyan childrenMark Booth
Division of Microbiology and Parasitology, Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge, CB2 1QP, UK
BMC Med 2:36. 2004..The present analysis focused on the possibility that exposure to malaria infection may have limited the resolution of hepatosplenomegaly in a cohort of Kenyan schoolchildren...
- Responses of the liver to perfluorinated fatty acids with different carbon chain length in male and female mice:in relation to induction of hepatomegaly, peroxisomal beta-oxidation and microsomal 1-acylglycerophosphocholine acyltransferaseNaomi Kudo
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Josai University, Sakado, Saitama, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 29:1952-7. 2006The potency of the induction of hepatomegaly, peroxisomal beta-oxidation and microsomal 1-acylglycerophoshocholine (1-acyl-GPC) acyltransferase was compared among perfluorinated fatty acids (PFCAs) with 6-9 carbon chain length in the ..
- Hepatic Akt activation induces marked hypoglycemia, hepatomegaly, and hypertriglyceridemia with sterol regulatory element binding protein involvementHiraku Ono
Institute for Adult Diseases, Asahi Life Foundation, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, Japan
Diabetes 52:2905-13. 2003..resulted in a markedly hypoglycemic, hypoinsulinemic, and hypertriglyceridemic phenotype with fatty liver and hepatomegaly. To elucidate the sterol regulatory element binding protein (SREBP)-1c contribution to these phenotypic ..
- Hepatomegaly in transgenic mice expressing an oncogenic form of beta-cateninA Cadoret
Institut Cochin de Génétique Moléculaire INSERM U129, 75014 Paris, France
Cancer Res 61:3245-9. 2001..These mice rapidly developed hepatomegaly soon after birth, with livers three to four times heavier than those of nontransgenic littermates...
- The use of beta-adrenergic blockade in preventing trauma-induced hepatomegalyRobert E Barrow
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch, and Shriners Hospitals for Children, Galveston, TX 77550, USA
Ann Surg 243:115-20. 2006The objective of this study was to test the hypothesis that hepatomegaly in burned children can be attenuated or reversed by blocking lipolysis and reducing free fatty acids delivered to the liver.
- Transient hyperinsulinism associated with macrosomia, hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy, hepatomegaly, and nephromegalyA Mehta
Great Ormond Street Hospital and The Institute of Child Health, London, UK
Arch Dis Child 88:822-4. 2003
- Gene associated with seizures, autism, and hepatomegaly in an Amish girlChristopher Jackman
Department of Neurology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Pediatr Neurol 40:310-3. 2009..This patient exhibited the additional features of periventricular leukomalacia and hepatomegaly.
- Protective effects of vitamin A and vitamin E succinate against 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD)-induced body wasting, hepatomegaly, thymic atrophy, production of reactive oxygen species and DNA damage in C57BL/6J miceNaser Z Alsharif
Creighton University Medical Center, School of Pharmacy and Health Professions, Department of Pharmacy Sciences, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 95:131-8. 2004..05). The results indicate a potential role for oxidative stress in the acute toxicity of TCDD and a protective effect for vitamin A and vitamin E succinate in the overall toxicity of TCDD including measures of oxidative stress...
- Hepatosplenomegaly associated with chronic malaria exposure: evidence for a pro-inflammatory mechanism exacerbated by schistosomiasisS Wilson
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Parasite Immunol 31:64-71. 2009..mansoni infected children, compared to those without detectable S. mansoni and malarial infections, but exposed to malaria, suggest that S. mansoni infection may augment the underlying inflammatory reaction...
- Congenital Rosai-Dorfman disease presenting with anemia, thrombocytopenia, and hepatomegalyC P Chow
Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Pediatr Blood Cancer 52:415-7. 2009..We describe a neonate with RDD who presented with anemia, thrombocytopenia and hepatomegaly. He recovered spontaneously with conservative management. This represents an atypical presentation of RDD...
- Clinical characteristics and disposition kinetics of the hepatomegaly associated with acute, uncomplicated, Plasmodium falciparum malaria in childrenA Sowunmi
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics and Postgraduate Institute for Medical Research and Training, University of Ibadan, Nigeria
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 95:7-18. 2001The clinical characteristics and the kinetics of the disposition of the hepatomegaly associated with acute, uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria were investigated in 162 children in an endemic area of Nigeria...
- Liver-specific ablation of integrin-linked kinase in mice results in enhanced and prolonged cell proliferation and hepatomegaly after phenobarbital administrationShashikiran Donthamsetty
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Toxicol Sci 113:358-66. 2010..Lack of ILK in the hepatocytes imparts prolonged proliferative response not only to stimuli related to liver regeneration but also to xenobiotic chemical mitogens, such as PB...
- Schistosoma mansoni-related morbidity on Ukerewe Island, Tanzania: clinical, ultrasonographical and biochemical parametersR Kardorff
Children s Hospital, Medizinische Hochschule, Hannover, Germany
Trop Med Int Health 2:230-9. 1997..Pretreated individuals excreted significantly fewer ova (median 124 vs 192e.p.g., P < 0.001). Hepatomegaly (determined by ultrasonography) was present in 35%, splenomegaly in 80%...
- Activation of Wnt/beta-catenin pathway during hepatocyte growth factor-induced hepatomegaly in miceUdayan Apte
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15216, USA
Hepatology 44:992-1002. 2006..It is also known that delivery of the human HGF gene cloned in a plasmid under a CMV promoter results in hepatomegaly in mice. In addition, recently characterized beta-catenin transgenic mice also showed hepatomegaly...
- Excessive hepatomegaly of mice with hepatocyte-targeted elimination of integrin linked kinase following treatment with 1,4-bis [2-(3,5-dichaloropyridyloxy)] benzeneShashikiran Donthamsetty
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Hepatology 53:587-95. 2011..benzene) an agonist of the constitutive androstane receptor (CAR), produces rapid hepatocyte hyperplasia and hepatomegaly in the absence of hepatic injury...
- Identification of factors contributing to hepatomegaly in severely burned childrenRobert E Barrow
Shriners Hospitals for Children, Galveston, Texas 77550, USA
Shock 24:523-8. 2005b>Hepatomegaly is a common postmortem observation in severely burned children, with the liver often tripling in size when compared with normal livers for age, weight, and sex...
- Prenatal diagnosis of congenital leukemia in a fetus at 25 weeks' gestation with Down syndrome: case report and review of the literatureM Robertson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Stellenbosch, South Africa
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 21:486-9. 2003..A review of the literature of the seven cases described antenatally and 10 cases described in the immediate neonatal period or on examination of the stillborn baby is presented...
- Detailed clinical and ultrasound examination of children and adolescents in a Schistosoma mansoni endemic area in Kenya: hepatosplenic disease in the absence of portal fibrosisBirgitte J Vennervald
Danish Bilharziasis Laboratory, Charlottenlund, Denmark
Trop Med Int Health 9:461-70. 2004..A case-only study of 96 children aged 7-20 years defined by ultrasound detectable hepatomegaly was undertaken in Makueni district, Kenya...
- Micro-geographical variation in exposure to Schistosoma mansoni and malaria, and exacerbation of splenomegaly in Kenyan school-aged childrenMark Booth
Division of Microbiology and Parasitology, Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge, CB2 1QP, UK
BMC Infect Dis 4:13. 2004..Here, we have investigated whether relatively high exposure to both infections has a clinically measurable effect on this condition...
- Associations between anti-Schistosoma mansoni and anti-Plasmodium falciparum antibody responses and hepatosplenomegaly, in Kenyan schoolchildrenJoseph K Mwatha
Kenya Medical Research Institute, Kenyan Ministry of Health, Nairobi, Kenya
J Infect Dis 187:1337-41. 2003..falciparum antibodies, compared with nonhepatosplenic children, a finding that strongly suggests that some experience of P. falciparum influenced the development of hepatosplenomegaly in these S. mansoni-infected children...
- Prenatal diagnosis of a transient myeloproliferative disorder in trisomy 21A A Baschat
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Medical University Lubeck, Germany
Prenat Diagn 18:731-6. 1998..This may be due to increased vulnerability of the fetus or represent a disease mechanism unique to fetuses with chromosomal abnormalities...
- Four cases of fetal hypoechoic hepatomegaly associated with Trisomy 21 and transient abnormal myelopoiesisAkira Kikuchi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
Prenat Diagn 27:665-9. 2007Our objective was to determine the clinical significance of fetal hypoechoic hepatomegaly and serial change of liver sizes.
- Hypoechoic hepatomegaly associated with transient abnormal myelopoiesis provides clues to trisomy 21 in the third-trimester fetusH Hamada
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 17:442-4. 2001We present two cases of transient abnormal myelopoiesis associated with trisomy 21 that had hypoechoic hepatomegaly during the late fetal period...
- Fetal hydrops and hepatosplenomegaly in the second half of pregnancy: a sign of myeloproliferative disorder in fetuses with trisomy 21J M Smrcek
Division of Prenatal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Medical University of Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Lubeck, Germany
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 17:403-9. 2001..To demonstrate the relationship between fetal hydrops and/or hepatosplenomegaly in the second half of pregnancy with a myeloproliferative disorder in fetuses with trisomy 21 or mosaic trisomy 21...
- Prenatal sonographic findings and hematological abnormalities in fetuses with transient abnormal myelopoiesis with Down syndromeSatoshi Hojo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Prenat Diagn 27:507-11. 2007..To determine relevant prenatal findings of transient abnormal myelopoiesis (TAM) that have important prognostic implications...
- Hepatic glycogenosis: a rare cause of hepatomegaly in Type 1 diabetes mellitusAyhan Abaci
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Dokuz Eylul University, 35340 Inciralti Izmir, Turkey
J Diabetes Complications 22:325-8. 2008b>Hepatomegaly, with or without abnormal liver function tests, was a common feature of both pediatric and adult patients with diabetes mellitus...
- Glycogenic hepatopathy: an underrecognized hepatic complication of diabetes mellitusMichael Torbenson
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 30:508-13. 2006..All had type I diabetes mellitus with poor glycemic control. The clinical presentations included hepatomegaly, abdominal pain, and elevated transaminases (range, 50-1600 IU/L)...
- The morbidity of schistosomiasis mansoni in the highland focus of Lake Cohoha, BurundiB Gryseels
Project Bilharziose, Ministry of Health Belgian Cooperation Agency, Bujumbura, Burundi
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 84:542-7. 1990..36%, 25%, and 19%, respectively; of abdominal pain 86%, 78%, and 83%; of fatigue 7%, 2%, and 1%; of left lobe hepatomegaly 30%, 18%, and 9%; of right lobe hepatomegaly 18%, 10%, and 5%; of splenomegaly 18%, 10%, and 7%...
- Diffuse liver metastasis of small cell lung cancer causing marked hepatomegaly and fulminant hepatic failureHisamitsu Miyaaki
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki, Japan
Intern Med 49:1383-6. 2010..Plain CT and MRI of the abdomen showed marked hepatomegaly but no visible nodular lesion in the liver...
- Repeated inhalation exposure to octamethylcyclotetrasiloxane produces hepatomegaly, transient hepatic hyperplasia, and sustained hypertrophy in female Fischer 344 rats in a manner similar to phenobarbitalJ M McKim
Dow Corning Corporation, 2200 W. Salzburg Road, Midland, Michigan 48686-0994, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 172:83-92. 2001..The extent to which these processes are involved with D4-induced hepatomegaly is not known...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor: a novel target of the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway in liverXinping Tan
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Gastroenterology 129:285-302. 2005..Wnt/beta-catenin activation is observed in normal liver development, regeneration, and liver cancer. Our aim was to elucidate the regulation and mechanism of this pathway in liver...
- Mukitake mushroom (Panellus serotinus) alleviates nonalcoholic fatty liver disease through the suppression of monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 production in db/db miceKoji Nagao
Department of Applied Biochemistry and Food Science, Saga University, Saga, Japan
J Nutr Biochem 21:418-23. 2010..After 4 weeks of feeding, hepatomegaly, hepatic triglyceride accumulation and elevated hepatic injury markers in serum were markedly alleviated in ..
- Hepatic glycogenosis: reversible hepatomegaly in type 1 diabetesC F Munns
Department of Endocrinology, Royal Children s Hospital, Herston, Queensland, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 36:449-52. 2000..To describe the aetiology, clinical features and appropriate treatment for hepatic glycogenosis in poorly controlled type 1 diabetes...
- Health implications of chronic hepatosplenomegaly in Kenyan school-aged children chronically exposed to malarial infections and Schistosoma mansoniShona Wilson
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QP, UK
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 104:110-6. 2010..This study shows that hepatosplenomegaly associated with chronic exposure to malaria and schistosomiasis is not a benign symptom amongst school-aged children but has potential long-term health consequences...
- Unique management of stage 4S neuroblastoma complicated by massive hepatomegaly: case report and review of the literatureStephen Roberts
Department of Pediatrics, Tripler Army Medical Center, Hawaii, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 24:142-4. 2002..A 2-month-old with 4S neuroblastoma complicated by massive hepatomegaly, managed by abdominal decompression surgery and a negative-pressure dressing system is presented...
- Rapid onset of glycogen storage hepatomegaly in a type-2 diabetic patient after a massive dose of long-acting insulin and large doses of glucoseTatsuhiro Tsujimoto
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Nara Medical University, Kashihara
Intern Med 45:469-73. 2006We present a case of rapid onset of glycogen storage hepatomegaly, caused by a massive dose of long-acting insulin and large doses of glucose, in a type-2 diabetic patient...
- Chronic peroxisome proliferation and hepatomegaly associated with the hepatocellular tumorigenesis of di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate and the effects of recoveryR M David
Eastman Kodak Company, Rochester, New York 14652 6272, USA
Toxicol Sci 50:195-205. 1999..The data indicate that high levels of peroxisome proliferation and hepatomegaly are associated with DEHP hepatocarcinogenesis in rodent liver, and that the tumorigenic process may be arrested ..
- Intermittent and recurrent hepatomegaly due to glycogen storage in a patient with type 1 diabetes: genetic analysis of the liver glycogen phosphorylase gene (PYGL)Masako Tomihira
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, St Mary s Hospital, 422 Tsubukuhonmachi, Kurume, Fukuoka, Japan
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 65:175-82. 2004..During her infantile period she presented with no hepatomegaly nor growth retardation. On admission she was diagnosed with diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA)...
- Two-dimensional electrophoresis of liver proteins: characterization of a drug-induced hepatomegaly in ratsS J Newsholme
SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
Electrophoresis 21:2122-8. 2000....
- Radiation therapy for symptomatic hepatomegaly in myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasiaA Tefferi
Division of Hematology and Internal Medicine and Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Eur J Haematol 66:37-42. 2001..treated with a total of 25 courses of liver, abdominal, or abdominal and pelvic irradiation for symptomatic hepatomegaly with (5 patients) or without (9 patients) ascites...
- Fatty liverMichael E D Allison
Department of Medicine, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge
Hosp Med 65:609-12. 2004..This article describes fatty liver and its clinical presentation. The current understanding of processes underlying fatty liver is reviewed, as well as the evidence for therapeutic options...
- [Abnormal liver function in Mediterranean spotted fever]Anna Micalizzi
Cattedra di Medicina Interna e Divisione di Malattie Infettive, Dipartimento di Patologia Clinica e delle Patologie Emergenti, Universita di Palermo, Italy
Infez Med 15:105-10. 2007..0001). At ultrasound half of the patients showed hepatomegaly with a hepatitis-like pattern and 39% of patients had splenomegaly...
- Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Weekly clinicopathological exercises. Case 28-2004. Newborn twins with thrombocytopenia, coagulation defects, and hepatosplenomegalyJeffrey M Lipton
Department of Pediatrics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
N Engl J Med 351:1120-30. 2004
- Griscelli syndromeSanjeev Rath
Division of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Advanced Pediatric Centre, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Indian J Pediatr 71:173-5. 2004..A literature search revealed that Griscelli syndrome (GS) has overlapping symptoms and signs. The findings in skin and hair biopsies in Griscelli syndrome are distinctive...
- Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis in children: abdominal US findings within 1 week of presentationMatthias H Schmidt
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Dalhousie University, IWK Health Centre, 5850 5980 University Ave, Halifax, NS, Canada B3J 3G9
Radiology 230:685-9. 2004..To evaluate the ultrasonographic (US) findings at presentation in a series of children who received a diagnosis of hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH) at a single institution...
- Anterior pituitary hormone effects on hepatic functions in infants with congenital hypopituitarismWikrom Karnsakul
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV 26506 9214, USA
Ann Hepatol 6:97-103. 2007..Congenital hypopituitarism is an uncommon cause of neonatal cholestasis. Little is known about the effect of anterior pituitary hormone on hepatic functions...
- Pancytopenia, a rare hematologic manifestation of brucellosis in childrenMusa Karakukcu
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Erciyes University Faculty of Medicine, 38039 Kayseri, Turkey
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 26:803-6. 2004..All children recovered completely; the pancytopenia was transient and resolved after the antibiotic treatment of Brucella infection. Brucellosis should be considered as a possible diagnosis among patients with pancytopenia...
- Clinical and laboratory aspects of malaria among children with fever in a low transmission area of SudanE M Malik
National Malaria Control Programme, Khartoum, Sudan
East Mediterr Health J 11:753-61. 2005..Further investment is needed to improve microscopic diagnosis facilities in local hospitals to overcome the problem of over-diagnosis of malaria...
- Uncomplicated malariaM P Grobusch
Infectious Diseases Unit, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of the Witwatersrand, 7 York Road Parktown, 2196 Johannesburg, South Africa
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 295:83-104. 2005..Children with a high level of exposure to P. falciparum have a lower risk of developing atopic disorders...
- The clinical and demographic characteristics of nonneuronopathic Gaucher disease in 887 children at diagnosisPaige Kaplan
Section of Metabolic Diseases, Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 34th and Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 160:603-8. 2006..To describe the clinical and demographic characteristics of nonneuronopathic Gaucher disease (GD) in children at the time of diagnosis...
- Macrophage activation syndrome in a child with systemic juvenile rheumatoid arthritisMina Hur
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Hallym University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 20:695-8. 2005..This is the third case of MAS associated with S-JRA in Koreans, and the first one, in which hemophagocytic macrophages were proven in bone marrow...
- Prolonged severe pancytopenia preceding the cutaneous lesions of juvenile xanthogranulomaTakuya Hara
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Maidashi, Fukuoka, Japan
Pediatr Blood Cancer 47:103-6. 2006..Although JXG is a benign non-Langerhans cell histiocytosis, the multisystem-visceral form should be considered as a potential aggressive disease when associated with BM failure in early infancy...
- [Adult-onset Still disease. 11 cases]Siham Goumri
Service de Medecine Interne, CHU Ibn Rochd, Casablanca
Tunis Med 84:443-9. 2006..9%) which 2 erosive forms. Adenopathies were present in 5 patients, a splenomegaly and a hepatomegaly were noticed respectively in 4 and 2 cases...
- An autopsied case of a 10-month-old baby with hepatosplenomegaly, high fever and necrotizing encephalopathyNobutaka Arai
Department of Clinical Neuropathology, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute for Neuroscience, 2 6 Musashidai, Fuchu, Tokyo 183 8526, Japan
Neuropathology 26:498-500. 2006
- Ocular findings in a patient with hemophagocytic syndromeEdward W Lee
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland, MC 2114, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 124:1656-8. 2006
- Syngenic bone marrow cells restore hepatic function in carbon tetrachloride-induced mouse liver injuryYun Jae Jung
Department of Microbiology, Ewha Woman s University College of Medicine, Ewha Medical Research Center, Seoul, Korea
Stem Cells Dev 15:687-95. 2006..SDF-1/CXCR-4 interaction plays a role in stem cell homing toward the damaged organ, and transplanted BMCs are involved in the up-regulated SDF-1 expression seen in the injured liver...
- Evaluation of hepatic function with (99m)Tc-galactosylated serum albumin scintigraphy in patients with malaria: comparison with (99m)Tc-colloid scintigraphy and liver ultrasonographySang Woo Lee
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Kyungpook National University Hospital, Daegu, Korea
Nucl Med Commun 28:95-9. 2007Malarial parasites injected by the mosquito rapidly target hepatocytes, and hepatomegaly is commonly observed during the progress of the disease in malaria patients...
- Clinical quiz. Gamma-Gandy bodiesMukadder Ayse Selimoglu
Departments of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Ataturk University, Faculty of Medicine, Erzurum, Turkey
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 40:524-5. 2005
- [Cholesterol ester storage disease]Marlon Fernández-Aragón
Servicio de Gastroenterología y Nutrición, Instituto Nacional de Pediatria, Mexico
Rev Gastroenterol Mex 69:171-5. 2004The goal of this paper is to present a clinical case of a 4 year old boy, with hepatomegaly, splenomegaly and intestinal lipid infiltration due to a inborn error of lipid metabolism known as cholesterol ester storage disease...
- Schistosomiasis mansoni: novel chemotherapy using a cysteine protease inhibitorMaha Hamadien Abdulla
Sandler Center for Basic Research in Parasitic Diseases, California Institute for Quantitative Biomedical Research, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS Med 4:e14. 2007..Due to the lack of a vaccine, patient therapy is heavily reliant on chemotherapy with praziquantel as the World Health Organization-recommended drug, but concerns over drug resistance encourage the search for new drug leads...
- Peripheral blood and marrow findings in disseminated bacille Calmette-Guerin infectionPerikala Vijayananda Kumar
Department of Pathology, Shiraz Medical School, Shiraz, Iran
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 27:97-9. 2005..These findings have not been previously reported in the literature...
- [Disseminated Mycobacterium chelonae infection during HIV. ]R Fernandez-Rodriguez
Service de Medecine Interne, Hôpital Cristal Chou, Rua do Paseo 30, 3o E post, Ourense, Spain
Presse Med 33:1439-40. 2004..An atypical mycobacterium, Mycobacterium chelonae is a saprophyte germ in the environment, but rarely pathogenic. A few disseminated infections can be noted in immunodepressed patients...
- A host lipase detoxifies bacterial lipopolysaccharides in the liver and spleenBaomei Shao
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas 75390 9113, USA
J Biol Chem 282:13726-35. 2007..Providing recombinant AOAH restored LPS deacylating ability to Aoah(-/-) mice and prevented LPS-induced hepatomegaly. AOAH-mediated deacylation is a previously unappreciated mechanism that prevents prolonged inflammatory ..
- Adult T-cell leukemia presenting with acute liver failureNicholas Powell
Liver Unit, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, University Hospital Birmingham NHS Trust, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Leuk Res 30:1315-7. 2006..Liver histology revealed massive infiltration with atypical lymphocytes typical of ATL and liver necrosis...
- Byler disease. Fatal familial intrahepatic cholestasis in an Amish kindredR J Clayton
Am J Dis Child 117:112-24. 1969
- Heart, liver and spleen pathology in chronic alcohol and drug usersJunie Li Chun Wong
Division of Pathology Forensic Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Teviot Place, Edinburgh EH8 9AG, Scotland, UK
J Forensic Leg Med 15:141-7. 2008..Alcohol misuse was associated with cardiomegaly (27% vs. 19%, male CA vs. control) and hepatomegaly (38% vs. 15%). Majority of cases had only one organ affected...
- Mesenteric mass in a young girl--an unusual site for Gaucher's diseaseAdrian K P Lim
Department of Radiology, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London, UK
Pediatr Radiol 32:674-6. 2002..The radiologist and clinician should be alert to the possible development of these new problems and the fact that in Gaucher's disease a palpable right upper-quadrant mass need not necessarily represent hepatomegaly.
- Inflammatory pseudotumor of lymph nodes presenting as pyrexia of unknown originH Gulwani
Department of Histopathology, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, India
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 51:67-9. 2008..It is thus not only important to be aware of this rare benign pathologic entity while dealing with a case of lymphadenopathy, but also consider it in the differential diagnosis of granulomatous disease...
- Overlapping functions of lysosomal acid phosphatase (LAP) and tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase (Acp5) revealed by doubly deficient miceA Suter
Zentrum Biochemie und Molekulare Zellbiologie, Abt Biochemie II, Universitat Gottingen, Heinrich Düker Weg 12, 37073 Gottingen, Germany
Development 128:4899-910. 2001..We conclude that for several substrates LAP and Acp5 can substitute for each other and that these acid phosphatases are essential for processing of non-collagenous proteins, including osteopontin, by osteoclasts...
- A boy with fever, lymphadenopathy, hepatosplenomegaly, and lymphocytosisUjwala Kaza
Section of Allergy and Immunology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA 71130 3832, USA
Allergy Asthma Proc 29:216-20. 2008..Autopsy revealed the presence of EBV in the brain, indicating the ineffectiveness of rituximab therapy in treating central nervous system infection with EBV...
- Outcomes of Schistosoma mansoni infection in outbred albino mice exposed to Larvin contaminantA M Attallah
Research and Development Department, Biotechnology Research Center, New Damietta City, Egypt
Parasitol Res 103:567-76. 2008..Oral administration of 1/5 and 1/10 LD(50) of Larvin to S. mansoni-exposed mice induced (1) hepatomegaly and splenomegaly; (2) prominent lymphocytic aggregation in liver replacing large areas of bridging necrosis; (3)..
- An infant with fever, hepatosplenomegaly, and pancytopeniaYaseen Rafee
Division of Infectious Diseases, Children s Hospital of Michigan, Wayne State University, 3901 Beaubien Blvd, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 27:571. 2008
- A 67-year-old male with hypercalcemia and an unrevealing splenectomyGiuseppe Famularo
Department of Internal Medicine, San Camillo Hospital, Rome, Italy
Am J Hematol 83:739-43. 2008
- Non-cirrhotic portal fibrosis in a patient with rheumatoid arthritisG Makharia
Department of Hepatology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh
Indian J Gastroenterol 20:197-8. 2001..There are reports of the association of idiopathic portal hypertension, a condition similar to NCPF, with progressive systemic sclerosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis and systemic lupus erythematosus...
- Congenital monoblastic leukemia with 9;11 translocation in monozygotic twins : a case reportS Y Park
Department of Pathology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 16:366-70. 2001..Cytogenetic study revealed 9;11 translocation, which is frequently associated with acute monoblastic leukemia. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report of congenital monoblastic leukemia of monozygotic twins in Korea...
- [Neurological form of onset in haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis]M C García-Koerner
Servei de Neurologia Unid Integr Pediatr Hospital Universitario Sant Joan de Deu, Esplugues de Llobregat, 08950, Espana
Rev Neurol 32:333-5. 2001....
- Lysosomal acid lipase-deficient mice: depletion of white and brown fat, severe hepatosplenomegaly, and shortened life spanH Du
Division of Human Genetics, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
J Lipid Res 42:489-500. 2001..The involvement of macrophages throughout the body of lal-/- mice provide evidence for a critical nonappreciated role of LAL in cellular cholesterol and fatty acid metabolism, adipocyte differentiation, and fat mobilization...
- Gamma/delta T cell lymphomaAkihiko Taguchi
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Yamaguchi Prefecture Central Hospital, Hofu 747 8511
Intern Med 43:120-5. 2004....
- A new variant neuropathic type of Gaucher's disease characterized by hydrocephalus, corneal opacities, deformed toes, and fibrous thickening of spleen and liver capsulesK Inui
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
J Pediatr 138:137-9. 2001..Enzyme replacement therapy was given for 4 years, resulting in an improvement of visceral and hematologic abnormalities but no neurologic improvement...
- Iron-Induced Changes in Liver That Predispose to MalignancyHarriet C Isom; Fiscal Year: 2010..Iron overload, using TMHF as an iron donor, induced cyclin D1 expression, PCNA labeling index and hepatomegaly confirming similar findings in mice in which different iron donors were used to generate iron overload...
- Role of Lipoproteins in Chagasic heart diseaseJYOTHI FALGUNI NAGAJYOTHI; Fiscal Year: 2013..Acute infection caused myocarditis, hepatomegaly, lipolysis, impaired serum lipid levels, and elevated tissue/organ cholesterol...
- Rescuing Niemann-Pick C Disease: Pathways of Liver and Brain DegenerationMatthew P Scott; Fiscal Year: 2013..NPC patients suffer from hepatomegaly and progressive cognitive and locomotion losses, with massive Purkinje neuron (PN) death in the cerebellum...
- KALLIKREIN KININ SYSTEM IN INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASERobert Colman; Fiscal Year: 2001..infiltration), chronic intestinal inflammation and the systemic complications (arthritis, splenomegaly, hepatomegaly, leukocytosis, and the acute phase reaction...
- Molecular basis for skeletal muscle pathophysiology in Pompe's diseaseJeffrey E Pessin; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, the classical infantile-onset form results in hepatomegaly due to increased glycogen deposition within the liver...
- Innate Immunity in Experimental Arthritis of KininogenRobert Colman; Fiscal Year: 2007..changes (edema, neutrophil infiltration) and prevented arthritis and the systemic complications (splenomegaly, hepatomegaly, leukocytosis and the acute phase reaction) in the PG-APS model...
- HIF dependent pathways and acetylation events in alcohol mediated liver injuryBHARATH DWARAKA NATH; Fiscal Year: 2010..recently described transgenic mouse model of liver-specific HIF activation demonstrates lipid accumulation and hepatomegaly, lending more credence to earlier observations that hypoxia may have a mechanistic relationship to alcoholic ..
- PEROXISOME PROLIFERATORS AND THE CELL CYCLEJANE ISHMAEL; Fiscal Year: 2002..alterations in response to treatment with peroxisome proliferators, such as peroxisome proliferation, hepatomegaly, increased DNA synthesis, increased expression of PPAR-alpha regulated genes and hepatocarcinogenesis...
- MOUSE MODELS TO STUDY MULIBREY NANISMJuan Zapata; Fiscal Year: 2005..onset, hypoplasia of several endocrine glands with consequent hormonal deficiency, constrictive pericardium, hepatomegaly, hydrocephaloid skull, muscle hypotonia and susceptibility to develop ovarian and Wilm's tumors...
- Melanocortin-3 receptor regulation of insulin actionAndrew Butler; Fiscal Year: 2005..Moreover, obese MC3RKO do not develop some of the pathologies normally associated with obesity: hepatomegaly, elevated free fatty acids, increased liver fatty acid synthase mRNA expression, and reduced liver IRS2 protein...
- Patterns of gene expression in Mulibrey NanismJuan Zapata; Fiscal Year: 2005..Severe growth failure of prenatal onset, constrictive pericardium with consequent hepatomegaly, hypoplasia of several endocrine glands with consequent hormonal deficiency, fibrosis of different organs, ..
- HEPATOCYTE VOLUME CONTROL AND ALCOHOLIC INJURYRobert Wondergem; Fiscal Year: 1993..are to elucidate the failure of hepatocyte volume regulation during chronic ethanol ingestion, which results in hepatomegaly. Liver enlargement in turn leads to portal hypertension, impaired microcirculation, and anoxic degeneration of ..
- Phase 3 stem cell transplant for light chain amyloidosisMorie A Gertz; Fiscal Year: 2011..In addition, the analysis of clonal precursor B cells in the periphery and kinetics of amyloid formation of the monoclonal light chain will allow us to define and determine the mechanisms of disease progression and response to therapy. ..
- Role of ATM in Radiosensitivity of GliomasChandan Guha; Fiscal Year: 2004..IV) To investigate the combined toxicity of the virus vectors, ATM attenuation and radiation therapy in cultured endothelial cells, astrocytes, oligodendrocytes, neurons and brain tissues in mice models. ..
- 10th International KSHV and Related Agents WorkshopScott Wong; Fiscal Year: 2007..The conference will include an opening day welcome reception, a second day poster session reception, an excursion on the third day and a banquet on the fourth day of the Workshop. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MARROW REGULATION IN CYCLIC HEMATOPOIESISDavid Dale; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Epigenetic toxicity of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbonsBrad Upham; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cell Signaling, PXR Phosphorylation & Drug DispositionJeffrey Staudinger; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will provide additional insight into the regulation of drug disposition and drug-drug interaction. ..
- Preparative irradiation for hepatocyte transplantationChandan Guha; Fiscal Year: 2009..In specific aim 2B, will test whether compensatory regenerative stimuli, provided by methotrexate + HIR-induced liver necrosis, can be used as a substitute to PH. ..
- Metabolomic and Toxicogenetic Study of Ethanol ToxicityIvan Rusyn; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- NEUROPLASTICITY OF BRAIN ASPHYXIATED INFANTSMeena Garg; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- HIV MUCOSAL PATHOGENESIS IN PRIMARY INFECTIONMichael Poles; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- NMR STUDIES:HEPATIC GLUCOSE METABOL IN HUMANS EXERCISINGKitt Petersen; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of these studies should provide important new insight into the regulation of hepatic glucose metabolism in healthy and type 1 diabetic subjects. ..
- MITOCHONDRIAL DNA ANALYSIS IN CYCLIC VOMITING SYNDROMERichard Boles; Fiscal Year: 2002..An extensive amount of clinical and laboratory data will be collected in all patients, allowing for the comparison of CVS sufferers with and without mtDNA mutations. ..
- Validating VIL-6 as a target for KSHV-associated diseaseScott Wong; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results should help elucidate the role of the vlL-6 in virus infection and provide new insights into the future development of diagnostics and therapies for gamma-2 herpesvirus-induced malignancies. ..
- Molecular mechanisms of pancreatic fibrogenesisBrent Neuschwander Tetri; Fiscal Year: 2007..Accomplishing these aims will fill significant gaps in the understanding of chronic pancreatitis and this new knowledge may help identify effective treatment approaches to this disease. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EVALUATING USE OF GENETIC INFORMATION: A MODEL PROCESSWylie Burke; Fiscal Year: 2003..5. To conduct an evaluation of the model process within a large health care system. ..
- DNA REPAIR AND SUSCEPTIBILITY TO ENVIRONMENTAL AGENTSIvan Rusyn; Fiscal Year: 2004..These experiments will also provide crucial mechanistic insights into possible differences in species- and tissue-specific responses to DNA damage induced by environmental agents. ..
- NIEMANN-PICK DISEASEMelissa Wasserstein; Fiscal Year: 2005..In sum, these studies should provide important diagnostic and therapeutic information to improve the outcome of patients diagnosed with NPD. ..
- MOLECULAR RECLASSIFICATION OF PROSTATIC CANCERGeorge Michalopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Apoptosis in myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasiaRuben Mesa; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Defibrotide for the treatment of severe hepatic veno-cc*Paul Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Abstract Not Provided ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Phthalate-induced CarcinogenesisIvan Rusyn; Fiscal Year: 2007..This results in a "potentiation" of a non-specific mitogen release from Kupffer cells activated by lipid-like peroxisome proliferator particles, thus accounting for a characteristic burst of proliferation in the liver. ..
- ACCESS OF BLACK PATIENTS TO LIVER TRANSPLANTATIONAndrea Reid; Fiscal Year: 2004..Advanced-level coursework in clinical epidemiology, biostatistics, survey development, and outcomes will also be a critical element of this project. ..
- Perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS) Affects Immunity through PPAR-alpha.Margie Peden Adams; Fiscal Year: 2007..The unimmunized and immunized experiments will be conducted to control for possible differences in response related to lymphocyte activation from the immunization. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Insulin Resistance and ABCA1 Transporter FunctionWILLIAM GARVER; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Occult Hepatitis BMichael Torbenson; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Graduate Medical Education in GeneticsMargaret McGovern; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..