Summary: Saccular protrusion beyond the wall of the ESOPHAGUS.
Publications146 found, 100 shown here
- [Esophageal diverticula]Toshihiro Abe
Department of Surgery II, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Ube, Japan
Nihon Geka Gakkai Zasshi 104:601-5. 2003..However, if there is no motor disturbance, the surgical management remains controversial. Recently, minimal access surgery with laparoscopy or thoracoscopy has been successful in the treatment of epiphrenic diverticulum...
- Minimally invasive management of epiphrenic esophageal diverticulaBrent D Matthews
Department of General Surgery, Carolina s Laparoscopic and Advanced Surgery Program, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, North Carolina 28203, USA
Am Surg 69:465-70; discussion 470. 2003..Long-term outcomes should be monitored during the evolution of these novel minimally invasive techniques to ensure outcomes comparable to those of a transthoracic open approach...
- Laparoscopic management of symptomatic achalasia associated with epiphrenic diverticulumE Fraiji
Department of Surgery, University of South Florida, and Tampa General Hospital, Post Office Box 1289, Room F145, Tampa, FL 33601, USA
Surg Endosc 17:1600-3. 2003..We evaluated outcome after laparoscopic esophageal diverticulectomy, myotomy, and partial fundoplication...
- Successful repair of an aortoesophageal fistula with aneurysm from esophageal diverticulumFuyuhiko Yasuda
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery and The Second Department of Surgery, Mie University School of Medicine, Tsu, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 73:637-9. 2002..The patient had been diagnosed as having an esophageal diverticulum 8 months before admission...
- Oesophageal diverticulaMario Costantini
Clinica Chirugica IV, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Padua, 2, Via Giustiniani, Padua, Italy
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 18:3-17. 2004..On the other hand, laparoscopic treatment of epiphrenic diverticula has recently been introduced with encouraging results. However, because the disease is rare, more experience is required in order to allow definitive conclusions...
- Epiphrenic diverticula: minimal invasive approach and repair in five patientsD L van der Peet
Department of Surgery, Academic Hospital Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Dis Esophagus 14:60-2. 2001..There was no mortality. The minimal invasive approach of epiphrenic diverticula is feasible. The long-term results are awaited...
- Laparoscopic treatment of epiphrenic diverticulaR Rosati
General and Minimally Invasive Surgery, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Milan, Italy
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 11:371-5. 2001..The aim of this paper is to describe the technique and the results of laparoscopic diverticulectomy combined with esophageal myotomy and antireflux wrap to treat epiphrenic diverticula of the esophagus...
- Minimally invasive operation for esophageal diverticulaHiran C Fernando
Division of Thoracic and Foregut Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 80:2076-80. 2005..Mid and lower esophageal diverticula are rare entities usually managed by open operation. Morbidity can be significant with these complex procedures. This study evaluates our results of minimally invasive surgery for esophageal diverticula...
- Surgical treatment of epiphrenic diverticula: a 30-year experienceThomas K Varghese
Section of Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0344, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 84:1801-9; discussion 1801-9. 2007..Our experience with a traditional thoracic approach was reviewed to provide benchmark data against which newer surgical techniques can be measured...
- Management of epiphrenic diverticulaAlexander Klaus
Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 7:906-11. 2003..The laparoscopic approach is the surgical treatment of choice. A long myotomy and an antireflux procedure should be added to avoid esophageal leakage at the line of repair and gastroesophageal reflux...
- Laparoscopic transhiatal resection of epiphrenic diverticulumC Neoral
The 1st Department of Surgery, Palacky University Teaching Hospital, Olomouc, The Czech Republic
Dis Esophagus 15:323-5. 2002..We conclude that videolaparoscopy could be a possible alternative to the standard classical left-side thoracotomy approach for patients in whom a classical operation is not feasible...
- Laparoscopic approach in the treatment of epiphrenic diverticula: long-term resultsA del Genio
First Division of General and Gastrointestinal Surgery, Second University of Naples, Via Pansini, 5 80131 Naples, Italy
Surg Endosc 18:741-5. 2004..A mini-invasive procedure has been reported in only few series. This article describes the authors experience with the laparoscopic approach for performing diverticulectomy, myotomy and Nissen-Rossetti fundoplication...
- Laparoscopic transhiatal resection of giant epiphrenic esophageal diverticulumF A Granderath
Division of Surgical Endoscopy, Department of General, Visceral and Transplant Surgery, University Hospital of Tuebingen, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 3, D 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Dis Esophagus 20:353-7. 2007..In this case, the laparoscopic transhiatal approach was shown to be safe and effective over with short-term follow-up. However, long-term follow-up of this procedure is needed...
- Cause and treatment of epiphrenic diverticulaPietro Tedesco
Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Am J Surg 190:891-4. 2005..We hypothesized that: (1) a motor disorder is the underlying cause of the diverticulum; and (2) optimal treatment consists of laparoscopic resection of the diverticulum, a Heller myotomy, and Dor fundoplication...
- Physiologic basis for the treatment of epiphrenic diverticulumDhiren Nehra
Department of Surgery, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033 4612, USA
Ann Surg 235:346-54. 2002..To quantitate and characterize the motility abnormalities present in patients with epiphrenic diverticula and to assess the outcome of surgical treatment undertaken according to these abnormalities...
- Lower oesophageal sphincter dysfunction is part of the functional abnormality in epiphrenic diverticulumX B D'Journo
Department of Surgery, Division of Thoracic Surgery, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Br J Surg 96:892-900. 2009..The pathophysiology and management of epiphrenic diverticula remain controversial. This study investigated the underlying functional abnormalities and long-term results of surgical treatment...
- Surgical management of epiphrenic diverticula in the minimally invasive eraArman Kilic
Heart, Lung, and Esophageal Surgery Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
JSLS 13:160-4. 2009....
- Esophageal diverticulum associated with a trichobezoar in a catLawren Durocher
Carolina Veterinary Specialists, 1600 Hanes Mall Boulevard, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27103, USA
J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 45:142-6. 2009..After signs recurred, contrast radiography with fluoroscopy revealed an esophageal diverticulum at the thoracic inlet, with an ovoid filling defect...
- Laparoscopic long esophagomyotomy with Dor's fundoplication using a transhiatal approach for an epiphrenic esophageal diverticulumSatoru Motoyama
Department of Surgery, Akita University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Hondo, Akita 010 8543, Japan
Surg Today 36:758-60. 2006..We describe the resection of an epiphrenic esophageal diverticulum using a laparoscopic transhiatal approach after observing its rate of enlargement on routine chest X-rays ..
- Minimally invasive surgery combined with peroperative endoscopy for symptomatic middle and lower esophageal diverticula: a single institute's experienceChinnusamy Palanivelu
GEM Hospital, Ramanathapuram, Coimbatore, India
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 18:133-8. 2008..Traditionally, thoracotomy or laparotomy were the preferred approaches for surgical therapy. Recently, minimally invasive therapies have been described...
- Combined thoracoscopic and endoscopic management of mid-esophageal benign lesions: use of the prone patient position : Thoracoscopic surgery for mid-esophageal benign tumors and diverticulaChinnusamy Palanivelu
GEM Hospital, 45 A, Pankaja Mill Road, Ramnathapuram, Coimbatore, 641045, India
Surg Endosc 22:250-4. 2008..Traditionally, thoracotomy was the preferred route to approach these lesions. Now, more surgeons are using minimally invasive techniques to treat these benign mid-esophageal lesions...
- Oesophageal diverticulaM L Thomas
University of Adelaide Department of Surgery, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woodville Road, Woodville, Adelaide, South Australia 5011, Australia
Br J Surg 88:629-42. 2001..A partial fundoplication is preferred in selected patients. Minimally invasive techniques should become the routine approach for oesophageal pulsion diverticula...
- Epiphrenic diverticulum: clinical and radiographic findings in 27 patientsNicholas C Fasano
Department of Radiology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Dysphagia 18:9-15. 2003..Our experience suggests that the development of symptoms in patients with epiphrenic diverticula is more likely to be related to the morphologic features of the diverticula than to underlying esophageal motility disorders...
- Laparoscopic approach for esophageal achalasia with epiphrenic diverticulumC V Feo
Department of Surgery, Anesthesiology and Radiology, University of Ferrara, Italy
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 11:112-5. 2001..We reaffirm the feasibility, safety, and efficacy of the laparoscopic diverticulectomy and distal myotomy with Dor fundoplication to manage epiphrenic diverticula resulting from esophageal achalasia...
- Profuse bleeding in epiphrenic diverticula: an unusual findingD A Hoxie
Howard University Hospital, Washington, DC, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 87:373-5. 1995..A follow-up examination at 90 days' postdischarge revealed no further bleeding episodes with continued decreased alcohol and tobacco intake...
- Epiphrenic diverticulum with abnormal manometry: a case reportOguz Uskudar
Department of Gastroenterology, Turkiye Yuksek Ihtisas Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 15:108-11. 2004..Barium esophagogram revealed a giant distal esophageal diverticulum and hiatal hernia...
- Incomplete esophageal myotomy and early recurrence of an epiphrenic diverticulumM Valentini
Section of Gastrointestinal Surgery and Digestive Motility Unit, Institut de Malalties Digestives, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona Medical School, Barcelona, Spain
Dis Esophagus 18:64-6. 2005..We report a patient with prompt recurrence of an epiphrenic diverticulum after laparoscopic transhiatal diverticulectomy associated with esophagomyotomy and partial posterior fundoplication due to an incomplete myotomy...
- [Minimally invasive surgical treatment for mid-esophageal and epiphrenic diverticula]Gyorgy Lazar
Szegedi Tudományegyetem Szent Györgyi Albert Orvos és Gyógyszerésztudományi Centrum Altalános Orvostudományi Kar, Sebészeti Klinika, Szeged
Magy Seb 58:352-6. 2005..In the other two patients 8-10 cm large epiphrenic diverticula were diagnosed--one of them was associated with achalasia...
- Laparoscopic Heller myotomy with epiphrenic diverticulectomyTimothy J Pitchford
Department of Surgery, Mount Carmel Health System, Columbus, Ohio, USA
JSLS 7:165-9. 2003..To describe the technique and results of laparoscopic Heller myotomy and Toupet fundoplication combined with epiphrenic diverticulectomy...
- Transnasal esophagoscopy: a high-yield diagnostic toolJennifer G Andrus
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 01805, USA
Laryngoscope 115:993-6. 2005..Transnasal esophagoscopy (TNE) reveals a wide range of esophageal findings. TNE technique, indications, outcomes, advantages, limitations, and impact on patient care are described...
- Epiphrenic diverticulumG Weitzman
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Weill Cornell Medical School, New York, NY, USA
Endoscopy 38:E11. 2006
- Endoscopic treatment of thoracic esophageal anastomotic leaks by using silicone-covered, self-expanding polyester stentsDaniel Schubert
Department of General, Visceral and Vascular Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Magdeburg, Germany
Gastrointest Endosc 61:891-6. 2005..The successful treatment of esophageal anastomotic insufficiencies and perforations when using covered, self-expanding metallic stents is described...
- Giant midesophageal diverticulum presenting as food impaction: case report and review of the literatureUsamah Hadi
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon
Am J Otolaryngol 28:122-5. 2007..A literature review on epidemiology, etiology, clinical presentation, investigations, and management of giant midesophageal diverticula will be highlighted...
- [Epiphrenic diverticulum: possible causes and surgical therapy]I Gockel
Klinik fur Allgemein und Abdominalchirurgie, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat Mainz
Chirurg 76:777-82. 2005..Based on our own long-term results, we intended to prove if a treatment concept modeled on the motility disorder is justified...
- [Congenital esophagobronchial fistula treated with thoracoscopic assisted surgery]Akinari Fukuda
Department of First Surgery, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, Hirosaki, Japan
Kyobu Geka 56:1006-9. 2003..Thoracoscopic assisted fistulectomy and diverticulectomy for esophagobronchial fistula with esophageal diverticulum were performed. The neck of the diverticulum and the fistula were divided with endo-stapling technique...
- Esophageal intramural pseudodiverticulosis with food impactionT Attila
Saint Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Can J Gastroenterol 20:37-8. 2006..A 52-year-old man with esophageal intramural pseudodiverticulosis with food impaction is reported. The patient's symptoms of dysphagia resolved with endoscopic dilations and proton pump inhibitor therapy...
- Unusual upper gastrointestinal diseases associated with achalasia: laparoscopic approachR Berindoague
Service of General and Digestive Surgery, Hospital San Pau, Barcelona, Spain
Surg Endosc 21:719-23. 2007..This study aimed to evaluate the incidence of gastroesophageal diseases associated with achalasia, and to determine the possibility for simultaneous management using the laparoscopic approach...
- [Laparoscopic esophagotomy without diverticular resection for treating epiphrenic diverticulum in hypertonic lower esophageal sphincter]A Muller
Klinik für Allgemein und Viszeralchirurgie, Klinikum Oldenburg
Chirurg 75:302-6 discussion 307. 2004..The main risk is postoperative suture dehiscence after diverticular resection. The present study was therefore undertaken to establish whether the operation succeeds in risk patients even without resection of the diverticulum...
- A solitary tuberculous ulcer in the oesophagusBart T Rövekamp
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Erasmus MC University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 17:435-9. 2005..Oesophageal tuberculosis is a rare entity, especially as a primary manifestation defined as involvement of the oesophagus without signs of disseminated disease. Therefore, this case was classified as primary oesophageal tuberculosis...
- Esophageal diverticula: pathogenesis, clinical aspects, and natural historyFernando Antonio Pinto do Nascimento
Division of Gastroenterology, Clementino Fraga Filho University Hospital, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro Medical School, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Dysphagia 21:198-205. 2006..Patients with midesophageal diverticula seem to have a better prognosis than those with more distal disease...
- Two cases of thoracoscopic resection of esophageal duplication in childrenLena Perger
Department of Pediatric Surgery, University of New Mexico Children s Hospital, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 16:418-21. 2006..To help avoid esophageal injury and, should it occur, recognize esophageal perforation, we recommend performing the dissection under intraesophageal endoscopic supervision...
- [Esophageal diverticula]N Carrere
Service de Chirurgie Generale et Digestive, CHU Toulouse Purpan Toulouse
J Chir (Paris) 141:85-92. 2004....
- Early stage esophageal carcinoma in an epiphrenic diverticulumHidekazu Honda
Third Department of Internal Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, School of Medicine, Kitakyushu 807 8555, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 57:980-2. 2003
- Endoscopic diverticulotomy for symptomatic pediatric esophageal diverticulaY Nishimoto
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Reproductive and Developmental Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, 812 8582 Higashi ku, Fukuoka, Japan
Pediatr Surg Int 21:50-3. 2005There have so far been few reports on esophageal diverticulum in children. We experienced two symptomatic pediatric cases with esophageal diverticulum. Our cases manifested high fever and dysphagia with chest pain during swallowing...
- A laparoscopic approach for the treatment of lower third esophageal diverticulaMatthias Anthuber
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 386:582-6. 2002..Here we report two cases of symptomatic esophageal diverticula which were both treated successfully by a laparoscopic transhiatal approach...
- [Transhiatal laparoscopic approach in epiphrenic esophageal diverticulum]H Pokorny
Abteilung für Allgemeinchirurgie, Universitatsklinik fur Chirurgie, AKH Wien, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, 1090 Wien, Osterreich
Chirurg 73:73-5. 2002..The current treatment of choice for symptomatic epiphrenic diverticula is diverticulectomy via a left thoracic approach. We performed a successful abdominal laparoscopic approach...
- Epiphrenic diverticula, esophageal carcinoma and esophagopleural fistulaJ M Guerra
Department of Internal Medicine, 12 de Octubre University Hospital, Carretera de Andalucia, km 5, 400, Madrid 28041, Spain
Hepatogastroenterology 48:718-9. 2001..Moreover, a pleural empyema and an esophagopleural fistula appeared following the neoplasic diverticulum perforation. Only a few cases have been previously described in the English-language literature. An additional one is now presented...
- [Radiological imaging of the upper gastrointestinal tract. Part 1. The esophagus]J Hansmann
Abteilung Radiodiagnostik, Radiologische Universitatsklinik, Im Neuenheimer Feld 110, 69120, Heidelberg, Deutschland
Radiologe 46:1077-87; quiz 1088. 2006..In cases of esophageal carcinoma, radiology adds to the findings of endoscopy and endosonography...
- [Esophageal pseudodivertikulosis]O Moschler
Klinik für Allgemeine Innere Medizin, Marienhospital Osnabruck, Germany
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 127:2063-6. 2002..The case history revealed an alcoholic liver cirrhosis (Child B) and recurrent heart burn as a sign of a gastro-esophageal reflux disease. The examination showed jaundice and enlargement of the liver as pathological features...
- [Minimally invasive surgery for diverticula of the thoracic esophagus. Results in 11 patients]H Levard
, Institut Mutualiste Montsouris, Paris, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 25:885-90. 2001..CONCLUSION: These results suggest that minimally invasive surgery does not confer significant benefit compared with open surgery in the treatment of diverticula thoracic esophagus...
- Long myotomy with antireflux repair for esophageal spastic disordersDimitrios Nastos
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Gastrointest Surg 6:713-22. 2002..Patients with spastic disorders plus a diverticulum showed better clinical results and improved esophageal function after surgery when compared to patients with pure spastic disorders...
- Retention of iodine-131 in a thoracic esophageal diverticulum mimicking metastatic thyroid cancerHo Chun Song
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Chonnam National University Hospital, Gwangju, South Korea
Clin Nucl Med 27:896-7. 2002
- Morphological findings in dynamic swallowing studies of symptomatic patientsMartina Scharitzer
Department of Radiology, University of Vienna, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Eur Radiol 12:1139-44. 2002..This fact underlines the role of videofluoroscopy as a diagnostic test for function as well as morphology...
- [Anesthesia for carbon dioxide laser surgery to correct Zenker's diverticulum]B Izquierdo Villarroya
Servicio de Anestesiologia, Reanimacion y Terapeutica del Dolor, Hospital Universitario Miguel Servet, Zaragoza
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 51:272-5. 2004..The pathogenesis of Zenker's diverticulum, the most common type of esophageal diverticulum, is poorly understood and the treatment approach depends on size and overall patient status...
- Endoscopic treatment of pharyngo-esophageal diverticulum in childVincent Patron
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Rennes University Hospital Center, 2 rue Henri le Guillou, 35000 Rennes, France
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 74:694-7. 2010..The diverticulum was removed by endoscopic CO(2) laser surgery. No relapse occurred during the 4-year follow-up period after surgery...
- Pharyngo-esophageal diverticulum arising from Laimer's triangleK Kumoi
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, National Himeji Hospital, Himeji City, Hyogo Prefecture, Japan
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 258:184-7. 2001..We report a case of a 54-year-old woman with a 3-year history of pharyngeal discomfort that was diagnosed as Laimer's diverticulum. To the best of our knowledge, this is only the third such reported case...
- Epiphrenic diverticulum: robotic-assisted transhiatal approachAlmudena Moreno Elola-Olaso
Division of General Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, KY 40536 0298, USA
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 19:e184-8. 2009..The postoperative course was uneventful. We believe that RA transhiatal management of epiphrenic diverticulum can help during the dissection of the proximal portion of the diverticulum and might reduce postoperative morbidity...
- Zenker's and epiphrenic diverticula in a patient with cutis laxa: should the surgical technique be modified?D Ruiz de Angulo
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Virgen de la Arrixaca, Murcia, Spain
Dis Esophagus 23:E39-41. 2010..Cutis laxa, a congenital or acquired connective disease, is a strange one. In our patient, a good result was reached modifying the standard technique accord to its ethiopathogenic mechanism...
- Laparoscopic Heller myotomy with Toupet fundoplication for achalasia straightens the esophagus and relieves dysphagiaNatsuya Katada
Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Kitasato University 2 1 1, Asamizodai, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 228 8520, Japan
Am J Surg 192:1-8. 2006..A standard procedure for the treatment of achalasia remains to be established. We assessed the usefulness of a laparoscopic Heller myotomy with a Toupet fundoplication (LHT)...
- Pneumatic dilatation in achalasia of the esophagus: a report from ArgentinaG B Salis
Servicio de Gastroenterologia, Hospital Profesor Alejandro Posadas, El Palomar, Argentina
Dis Esophagus 17:124-8. 2004....
- Partial esophagectomy for a superficial carcinoma arising from the mid-esophageal diverticulumTsutomu Nakamura
Department of Surgery, Institute of Gastroenterology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, 8 1 Kawada cho, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, 162 8666, Japan
Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 58:163-7. 2010..Endoscopy detected a superficial esophageal carcinoma arising from a mid-esophageal diverticulum with intraepithelial spread...
- Long-term results of surgical treatment in benign bronchoesophageal fistulaHong Kwan Kim
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Samsung Medical Center, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 134:411-4. 2007..The objectives of the study are to report our surgical experience in patients with benign bronchoesophageal fistulas and to evaluate the long-term results of surgical management...
- [Zenker's esophageal diverticulum as differential diagnosis of paratracheal cystic lesion]V Pino Rivero
Hospital Campo Arañuelo Navalmoral de la Mata, Caceres
An Otorrinolaringol Ibero Am 34:421-6. 2007..It was performed a cervicothoracic CT which informed as a paratracheal cystic lesion with differential diagnosis between esophageal or tracheal diverticulum. The possibility of that last one was discarted by a normal bronchoscopy...
- [Rupture of a retro-esophageal diverticulum on a right aortic arch. Apropos of a case]D Amrein
CHR de Nancy-Brabois,
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 80:1927-32. 1987....
- Canine bronchoesophageal fistulas: case report and literature reviewMichael A Della Ripa
Lousiana Veterinary Referral Center, USA
Compend Contin Educ Vet 32:E1. 2010..The BEF in the case presented was of a very rare form, involving only the accessory lung lobe bronchus...
- Diverticula of the esophagusStephen D Cassivi
Division of General Thoracic Surgery, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Surg Clin North Am 85:495-503, ix. 2005..For most patients, excision of the diverticulum and addition of a myotomy will result in a favorable functional outcome and a low recurrence rate...
- [Severe asthma due to an esophageal foreign body in a child]D Lavarde
Departement de medecine de l Enfant et de l Adolescent, Hopital Sud, 16, boulevard de Bulgarie, 35000 Rennes, France
Arch Pediatr 13:1047-9. 2006..The oesophagogram showed a foreign body in an esophageal diverticulum. After its extraction, all pulmonary symptoms disappeared.
- [Laparoscopic management of oesophageal epiphrenic diverticulum: a case report]Andrea Pisani Ceretti
Unità Operativa di Chirurgia Generale, Ospedale San Leopoldo Mandic di Merate, Presidio dell Azienda Ospedaliera Ospedale di Lecco
Chir Ital 57:261-6. 2005..It should be considered as an alternative to the traditional transthoracic approach and may eventually become the standard technique...
- Traction mid-esophageal diverticulum associated with Pott's spinal cariesYoshifumi Ikeda
Department of Surgery, Teikyo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Dig Endosc 22:158-9. 2010..computed tomography and esophageal endoscopy demonstrated evidence of spinal caries and traction mid-esophageal diverticulum associated with kyphosis of the spine...
- Invited commentaryJohn M Streitz
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Duluth Clinic, Duluth, MN 55805, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 80:2080-1. 2005
- Intramural pseudodiverticulosis of the esophagusGregor Pache
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
J Postgrad Med 51:328-9. 2005
- Incidentally found Killian-Jamieson diverticulum due to an embedded fish boneWon Sang Jung
From the Departments of Radiology and Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
J Craniofac Surg 25:515-6. 2014..Enhanced neck CT revealed an esophageal diverticulum containing a long embedded fish bone...
- Esophageal diverticulum arising from a prolonged retained esophageal foreign bodyPorter Glover
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
J Pediatr Surg 48:e9-12. 2013..As the disk was unable to be removed using standard grasping forceps, the authors used an injector needle to impale the disk and successfully removed it without any complications...
- Videothoracoscopic management of middle esophageal diverticulum with secondary bronchoesophageal fistula: report of a caseItalo Braghetto
Departamento de Cirugia, Hospital Clinico de la Universidad de Chile, Santos Dumont 999, Independencia, Santiago, Chile
Surg Today 38:1124-8. 2008Middle esophageal diverticulum is rare, but can result in bronchoesophageal fistula...
- Acquired Tracheoesophageal Fistula through Esophageal Diverticulum in Patient Who Had a Prolonged Tracheostomy Tube - A Case Report -Jae Hwan Jung
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Kwandong University College of Medicine, Goyang 412 270, Korea
Ann Rehabil Med 35:436-40. 2011Acquired tracheoesophageal fistula through esophageal diverticulum is infrequent...
- Mechanical esophageal displacement during catheter ablation for atrial fibrillationJacob S Koruth
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York City, New York, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 23:147-54. 2012..To determine the feasibility and safety of esophageal displacement during atrial fibrillation (AF) ablation, to prevent thermal injury...
- [Diverticula of the middle third of the oesophagus: resection via right thoracotomy]C Mariette
Service de Chirurgie Digestive et Generale, Hôpital C Huriez CHRU, Lille
J Chir (Paris) 142:378-80. 2005
- Spontaneous recovery of dysphagia by rupture of an esophageal diverticulum in eosinophilic esophagitisIngo Mecklenburg
Dig Dis Sci 51:1241-2. 2006
- Fatal hemorrhage secondary to ulcerated epiphrenic pseudodiverticulumLei Chen
Department of Cytopathology, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 0548, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 130:867-70. 2006..Bleeding and perforation are very rare complications. This case may be the first fatality proven by autopsy to be secondary to esophageal pseudodiverticulosis...
- [Innovative therapeutic approaches in endoscopy]C Ell
Innere Medizin II, Dr Horst Schmidt Klinik, Wiesbaden
Praxis (Bern 1994) 96:563-6. 2007....
- Rare coincidence of eosinophilic esophagitis with esophageal stenosis and intramural pseudodiverticulosisM A Engel
First Department of Medicine, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nuremberg, Ulmenweg 18, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Dig Liver Dis 40:700-6. 2008..A therapeutic regimen consisting of topical steroid intake, antihistamines, proton-pump-inhibition and specific food avoidance led to significant clinical improvement within 6 weeks...
- [Aberrant right subclavian artery and esophageal diverticulum]S Gaujoux
J Chir (Paris) 144:267-8. 2007
- [Endoscopic treatment of mediastinal anastomotic leaks]D Schubert
Klinik für Allgemein Viszeral und Gefässchirurgie, Otto von Guericke Universitat Magdeburg
Zentralbl Chir 131:369-75. 2006..This report describes our results with the endoscopic treatment of intrathoracic anastomotic leakages...
- The KTP laser: an emerging tool in pediatric otolaryngologyStacey L Ishman
Division of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Department of Otolaryngology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 70:677-82. 2006....
- Retroesophageal subclavian artery aneurysm arising from Kommerell's diverticulumF Sala
Service de Chirurgie Vasculaire, , , BP 1319, 06006 Nice, France
Ann Vasc Surg 15:699-702. 2001..Antegrade cold blood cerebroplegia provides good cerebral protection and decreases the duration and consequences of extracorporeal circulation...
- Epiphrenic diverticulumJacob T Cohen
Center for Voice Disorders, Department of Otolaryngology, Wake Forest University Medical Center, Winston Salem, N C, USA
Ear Nose Throat J 82:354-5. 2003
- Intramural pseudodiverticulosis of the esophagusS Bhattacharya
Department of Surgery, Vale of Leven District General Hospital, Alexandria G83 OU, UK
Surg Endosc 16:714-5. 2002..A review of the available literature suggests that EIPD may be missed easily because of subtle endoscopic and radiologic changes, but that once diagnosed, conservative management leads to satisfactory control of the symptoms...
- Dysphagia in oesophageal intramural pseudo-diverticulosis: fibrosis, dysmotility or web?A Shand
Gastrointestinal Unit, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 11:1331-3. 1999..All patients with a radiological diagnosis of oesophageal intramural pseudo-diverticulosis should have an endoscopic examination which may be both diagnostic and potentially therapeutic...
- Re: Famularo--esophageal perforation in a patient with esophageal diverticulum on daily alendronateAnastasia G Daifotis
Am J Gastroenterol 97:2678; author reply 2678. 2002
- Esophageal diverticula: current classification and important complicationsKathryn M Nutter
University of Mississippi School of Medicine, USA
J Miss State Med Assoc 45:131-5. 2004..This article discusses these topics in detail with special emphasis on radiologic diagnosis and information for clinicians for management and avoidance of potentially serious complications...
- Diverticulum of the midthoracic esophagus: pathogenesis and surgical treatmentG Dado
Department of General Surgery, University of Udine, 33100 Udine, Italy
Surg Endosc 16:871. 2002..The diagnosis was pulsion-type midthoracic esophageal diverticulum. We performed a diverticulectomy with endoGIA via right thoracoscopy and extramucous myotomy extended ..
- Endoscopic retrieval of a capsule endoscope from a Zenker's diverticulumD T Simmons
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Dis Esophagus 18:338-9. 2005..While capsule endoscopy should be avoided in patients with large esophageal diverticula or dysphagia, this method may be used to deliver the capsule beyond the esophagus, allowing completion of the capsule endoscopy study...
- Dysphagia lusoria caused by aberrant right subclavian artery, Kommerell's diverticulum, legamentum ring, right descending aorta, and absent left pulmonary artery: a report of a unique vascular congenital disease undetected until adulthood and a review of W Hassan
King Faisal Heart Institute, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, P O Box 3354, Riyadh, 11211, Saudi Arabia
Pediatr Cardiol 26:851-5. 2005..Her symptoms resolved completely, and she was able to resume normal activities...
- Laparoscopic resection of an esophageal epiphrenic diverticulumT Ipek
Department of Surgery, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty of Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Acta Chir Belg 102:270-3. 2002..It should be considered as an alternative to the traditional transthoracic approach, and may become the standard technique...
- [Congenital broncho-esophageal fistula in an elderly patient with lung abscess]Minoru Yamaki
Department of General Thoracic Surgery, Onomichi General Hospital, Onomichi, Japan
Kyobu Geka 65:331-4. 2012..Upper gastrointestinal endoscopic examination demonstrated an esophageal diverticulum. He underwent the resection of the fistula and left lower lobectomy of lung under left thoracotomy...
- Killian-jamieson diverticulum: the rarer cervical esophageal diverticulumC H Chea
Sarawak General Hospital, Surgery, Jalan Hospital, 93586, Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
Med J Malaysia 66:73-4. 2011..The patient underwent a diverticulopexy and recovered without complications. Her symptoms had improved. In this report, we review the literature and describe our surgical technique...
- Killian-Jamieson diverticulum: a case for open transcervical excisionSatyen Undavia
Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, USA
Laryngoscope 123:414-7. 2013..1, 2 We present a case of a 62-year-old female with symptoms consistent with an esophageal diverticulum. A barium swallow study was consistent with a KJD...
- Esophageal diverticula in Parma wallabies (Macropus parma)Danelle M Okeson
San Antonio Zoo, 3903 North Saint Mary s Street, San Antonio, Texas 78212, USA
J Zoo Wildl Med 40:168-73. 2009..A third animal died of other causes. The fourth animal died with possible complications from the diverticulum. This is the first published report of esophageal diverticula in macropods...
- [Laparoscopic transhiatal approach to epiphrenic esophageal diverticula]R Raakow
Klinik fUr Allgemein, Viszeral und Transplantationschirurgie, Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin
Chirurg 73:46-9. 2002..The operative treatment for epiphrenic diverticula is usually performed via thoracotomy or laparotomy...
- Multiple gastrointestinal tract diverticulaE H Cheng
Department of Medicine, State University of New York, Stony Brook
Gastrointest Radiol 15:282-4. 1990....
- Mid-esophageal diverticulumEric J Hazebroek
Medical Centre Rijnmond Zuid, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Surg 207:293. 2008
- International Conferences on Screening for Lung CancerClaudia Henschke; Fiscal Year: 2003..The advantage of such a consensus reports is that it will provide useful and up-to-date information about CT screening on which to base the national and international policies in a very timely and cost-efficient manner. ..