Genomes and Genes
Summary: A pathological condition manifested as a pouch or sac opening from a tubular or saccular organ.
Publications235 found, 100 shown here
- The natural history of diverticulitis: fact and theoryMartin H Floch
Digestive Disease Section, Yale University School of Medicine Norwalk Hospital, 30 Stevens Street, Suite E, Norwalk, CT 08650, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 38:S2-7. 2004..studies reveal that complications do not occur until there is microperforation through the wall of the diverticulum into the pericolic tissue...
- Resection of Kommerell's diverticulum and left subclavian artery transfer for recurrent symptoms after vascular ring divisionC L Backer
Department of Surgery, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL, USA
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 22:64-9. 2002A Kommerell's diverticulum in patients with a right aortic arch may become aneurysmal and be an independent cause of tracheoesophageal compression, even after ligation and division of a left ligamentum...
- Excision of a juxtapapillary duodenal diverticulum causing biliary obstruction: report of three casesFumihiko Yoneyama
Department of Surgery, Japanese Red Cross Nagoya First Hospital, 3 35 Michishita cho, Nakamura ku, 453 8511, Nagoya, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 11:69-72. 2004We report three cases of biliary obstruction caused by a juxtapapillary duodenal diverticulum that were treated by excision of the diverticulum...
- Comparison of robotically performed and traditional laparoscopic colorectal surgeryConor P Delaney
Department of Colorectal Surgery A 30, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 46:1633-9. 2003..The authors' experience performing robot-assisted laparoscopic colorectal surgery is reported...
- Diverticulum of Kommerell: a review of a series and a report of a case with tracheal deviation compromising single lung ventilationEmad Mossad
Department of Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Anesth Analg 94:1462-4, table of contents. 2002..Surgical repair of these defects requires manipulating the airway to improve surgical exposure. This is a report of a series of cases with compromised airway resulting from such a birth defect and methods of its management...
- Surgical management of giant left atrial diverticulumJonathan McGuinness
Department of Paediatric Cardiac Surgery and Cardiology, Our Lady s Hospital for Sick Children, Dublin, Ireland
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 133:820-2. 2007
- Sigmoid sinus diverticulum: a new surgical approach to the correction of pulsatile tinnitusKristen J Otto
Department of Otolaryngology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Otol Neurotol 28:48-53. 2007..We report of a new diagnostic finding and method of surgical correction for select patients with pulsatile tinnitus...
- The anatomical study of left atrium diverticulum by multi-detector row CTYeda Wan
Tianhe Hospital of Tianjin, No 122, Munan Street, Tianjin 300050, China
Surg Radiol Anat 31:191-8. 2009The purpose of this study was to describe radiologic anatomy of the left atrium diverticulum. There were 20 patients with 27 left atrium diverticulums in 120 consecutive patients who underwent CT of coronary angiography...
- Surgical treatment for Kommerell's diverticulumTakeyoshi Ota
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 131:574-8. 2006Kommerell's diverticulum, which is a rare condition, is a congenital abnormality of the aortic arch. The strategy of surgical treatment for Kommerell's diverticulum has not been established.
- Urethral diverticulum: diagnosis with virtual CT urethroscopyChen Pin Chou
Department of Radiology, Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital, 386 Ta Chung 1st Rd, Kaohsiung 813, Taiwan, Republic of China
AJR Am J Roentgenol 184:1889-90. 2005..Findings were negative on voiding cystourethrography. Cystourethroscopy failed to reveal a urethral diverticulum. A new method of virtual CT urethroscopy was performed using a 16-MDCT scanner...
- Endovascular treatment of two concomitant causes of pulsatile tinnitus: sigmoid sinus stenosis and ipsilateral jugular bulb diverticulum. Case report and literature reviewFrancesco Signorelli
Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, University Magna Graecia, Catanzaro, Italy
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 154:89-92. 2012..invalidating pulsatile tinnitus associated with both stenosis of the sigmoid sinus and ipsilateral jugular bulb diverticulum. Both conditions were successfully treated by positioning a stent across the sigmoid sinus and jugular bulb...
- [Scrotal diverticulum of the urinary bladder -- rare cause of an inguinal hernia]F Schuster
Klinik für Urologie, Städtisches Klinikum Dresden Friedrichstadt
Aktuelle Urol 36:55-7. 2005..We report on a patient with a large inguinoscrotal herniation of the urinary bladder commonly referred as "scrotal cystocele". Diagnostic means and therapeutic strategies are discussed...
- Diverticular and aneurysmal structures of the left ventricle in adults: report of a case within the context of a literature reviewPremraj Makkuni
Einstein Institute for Heart and Vascular Health, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19141, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 37:699-705. 2010..left ventricular outpouchings are detected, the main differential diagnoses are pseudoaneurysm, aneurysm, and diverticulum. The outcomes for these conditions differ substantially, and accurate diagnosis can be crucial in making ..
- Urethral adenocarcinoma associated with urethral diverticulum in a patient with progressive voiding dysfunctionWalter S von Pechmann
Division of Female Pelvic Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Indiana University, Indianapolis, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:1111-2. 2003Urethral adenocarcinoma associated with urethral diverticulum is a rare condition that requires a high index of suspicion to ensure early diagnosis and appropriate therapy...
- Periampullary diverticulum causing biliary stricture and obstructionNgian Chye Tan
Singapore Med J 46:250-1. 2005
- Surgical treatment of Kommerell's diverticulum and other saccular arch aneurysmsJordan Knepper
Department of Surgery, Section of Vascular Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5867, USA
J Vasc Surg 57:951-4. 2013..Saccular aneurysms of the aortic arch are rare, and their surgical repair is challenging with potentially significant morbidity and mortality...
- Transitional cell carcinoma in a herniated vesical diverticulumC J Das
Department of Radiology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi, 110 029, India
Br J Radiol 80:e227-9. 2007Carcinoma in vesical diverticula is a rare clinical entity and rarer still is the herniation of the vesical diverticulum into the scrotal sac...
- [How to identify the neck of a caliceal diverticulum in flexible ureterorenoscopy]Olivier Traxer
Service d Urologie, Hopital Tenon, Paris, France
Prog Urol 15:100-2. 2005A caliceal diverticulum corresponds to a cavity communicating with the renal excretory tract via a neck. Surgical treatment is required when the caliceal diverticulum is symptomatic with repercussions on the patient's quality of life...
- Association of two respiratory congenital anomalies: tracheal diverticulum and cystic adenomatoid malformation of the lungSantiago Restrepo
Department of Radiology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Pediatr Radiol 34:263-6. 2004..of congenital anomalies of the respiratory system have been reported, but the combination of tracheal diverticulum and cystic adenomatoid malformation (CCAM) is unique...
- Successful side-viewing endoscopic hemoclipping for Dieulafoy-like lesion at the brim of a periampullary diverticulumWan Sik Lee
LDepartment of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Chonnam Medeical University Hwasun Hospital, Hwasun, Jeonnam, South Korea
BMC Gastroenterol 10:24. 2010..Their characteristic appearance and location make it difficult to be diagnosed in the clinical practice. Massive bleeding often results from these lesions and can impede the accurate early treatment...
- Inguinal herniation of a bladder diverticulumFrançoise Fuerxer
Départment d Imagerie Médicale du Centre Hospitalier Princesse Grace, 98000 Monaco, France
Clin Imaging 30:354-6. 2006The inguinal herniation of a bladder diverticulum is a rare entity. We report two cases and describe the findings observed by computed tomography, which allowed demonstration of the site and contents of the hernia.
- Urethral diverticulum after endoscopic urethrotomy: case reportWalter R Parker
Department of Urology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Urology 70:1008.e5-7. 2007..Herein, we present an unusual case of a 57-year-old man with erectile dysfunction and a symptomatic urethral diverticulum after endoscopic urethrotomy for a pendulous urethral stricture...
- Angiodysplasia in a duodenal diverticulum as an unusual cause of upper gastrointestinal bleedingF Gunsar
Department of Gastroenterology, Medical Faculty, Ege University, Izmir, Turkey
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 13:717-9. 2001..Gastrointestinal bleeding due to angiodysplasia in a duodenal diverticulum is very rare...
- [Mesonephric adenocarcinoma arising in the female urethral diverticulum]Y Okubo
Department of Urology, Cancer Institute Hospital
Nihon Hinyokika Gakkai Zasshi 87:1138-41. 1996..By vaginal digital pressing, a soy-bean sized papillary tumor came out of the proximal diverticulum. Histopathological examination of the biopsied tumor suggested poorly differentiated transitional cell ..
- Cervical aortic arch and Kommerell's diverticulum associated with the anomalous subaortic left brachiocephalic vein in a patient with chromosome 22q11.2 deletionMitsugi Nagashima
Department of Cardio Thoracic Surgery, Stroke and Cardiovascular Center, Ehime University Graduate School of Medicine, Shitsukawa, Toon City, Ehime 791 0295, Japan
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 11:202-3. 2010..defect and abnormal aortic arch anatomy: right cervical aortic arch, left descending aorta and Kommerell's diverticulum from which the left subclavian artery arose with anomalous subaortic left brachiocephalic vein...
- Duodenal diverticulum: case report of a perforated extraluminal diverticulum containing ectopic pancreatic tissueJapa Volchok
Department of Surgery, University of Massachusetts Medical School at Berkshire Medical Center, 725 North St, Pittsfield, MA 01201, USA
Arch Surg 144:188-90. 2009Ectopic pancreatic tissue within a duodenal diverticulum has not been previously described in the English-language literature, to our knowledge...
- Relationship between intraduodenal peri-ampullary diverticulum and biliary disease in 178 patients undergoing ERCPShuo Dong Wu
Department of General Surgery, Second Affiliated Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang 110004, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 6:299-302. 2007The presence of intraduodenal peri-ampullary diverticulum is often observed during upper digestive tract barium meal studies and endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)...
- Laparoscopic diverticulocystoplastyPejman Shadpour
Department of Laparoscopic Surgery, Hasheminejad Kidney Center HKC, Iran University of Medical Science, Tehran, Iran
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 20:17-20. 2010..We present this first report on using the diverticulum for laparoscopic urothelialized bladder augmentation as a novel procedure.
- Endoscopic therapeutics for patients with cholangitis caused by the juxtapapillary duodenal diverticulumTsung Hsien Chiang
Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Hepatogastroenterology 53:501-5. 2006The role of endoscopic intervention for cholangitis caused by the juxtapapillary duodenal diverticulum without choledocholithiasis, i.e., the Lemmel's syndrome remains controversial...
- Impact of periampullary duodenal diverticula at endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography: a proposed classification of periampullary duodenal diverticulaJaume Boix
Endoscopy Unit, Departments of Gastroenterology, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Barcelona, Spain
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 16:208-11. 2006..To propose a classification schema to describe periampullary duodenal diverticula (PDD) found at endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), and to study the characteristics of these diverticula...
- Periampullary diverticula cause pancreatobiliary refluxM Sugiyama
The First Dept of Surgery, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Mitaka, Tokyo, Japan
Scand J Gastroenterol 36:994-7. 2001..Papillary dysfunction may allow reflux of pancreatic juice as well as intestinal contents into the common bile duct. We prospectively investigated pancreatobiliary reflux in patients with and without periampullary diverticula...
- 'Pseudospongioplasty' in the repair of a urethral diverticulumZoran I Radojicic
Paediatric Urology, University Children s Hospital, Belgrade, Serbia, Yugoslavia
BJU Int 94:126-30. 2004..To describe a technique for repairing urethral diverticula which includes neourethral reconstruction and increasing the mechanical support of the neourethra...
- Jejunal diverticular disease with unborn enterolith presenting as a small bowel obstruction: a case reportPhillip P Crace
Department of Surgery, Good Samaritan Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio 45220, USA
Am Surg 73:703-5. 2007..An interesting case of an unborn enterolith (enclosed calculus) from a jejunal diverticulum presenting as a small bowel obstruction is presented...
- Aberrant subclavian artery pathologies and Kommerell's diverticulum: a review and analysis of published endovascular/hybrid treatment optionsChenzi Yang
Department of Vascular Surgery, The Second Xiangya Hospital of Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, China
J Endovasc Ther 19:373-82. 2012..4% to 2.3% and 0.05%, respectively. Approximately 60% of ARSA patients will have a Kommerell's diverticulum at the origin of the ASA. Symptomatic or aneurysmal ASAs need to be treated...
- Endoscopic sphincterotomy in patients with "acalculus" cholangitis associated with juxtapapillary diverticulaPanagiotis Katsinelos
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Aristotelion University, Ippokration Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Hepatogastroenterology 51:649-51. 2004..The aim of this study was to investigate patients who underwent endoscopic sphincterotomy for "acalculus" cholangitis associated with juxtapapillary diverticula...
- Computed tomographic appearance of urachal carcinoma associated with urachal diverticulum misdiagnosed by cystoscopyHaruhiko Machida
Departments of Radiology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Medical Center East, 2 1 10 Nishiogu, Arakawa ku, Tokyo, 116 8567, Japan
Abdom Imaging 33:363-6. 2008Urachal carcinoma associated with the urachal diverticulum is rare...
- Contrast harmonic power Doppler imaging of congenital ventricular diverticulum--a case reportT Ueda
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Kagawa Medical University, Japan
Angiology 52:357-9. 2001A case of an 81-year-old woman with a left ventricular diverticulum who underwent myocardial contrast echocardiography is reported...
- A pediatric case of Zenker diverticulum: imaging findingsSüreyya Burcu Görkem
Department of Radiology, Erciyes University School of Medicine, Kayseri, Turkey
Diagn Interv Radiol 15:207-9. 2009Zenker diverticulum is known as an adult disease which occurs as result of outpouching of pharyngeal mucosa through a weak zone in the posterior wall of the pharynx...
- Distended urinary bladder and diverticulum-a rare cause of large-bowel obstructionGad Shaked
Department of Surgery, Soroka University Medical Center, Beer Sheva, Israel
Am J Surg 197:e23-4. 2009..was secondary to external compression of the rectosigmoid colon against the sacrum by a distended bladder and diverticulum. The immediate management was insertion of an indwelling urinary catheter that resulted in quick relief of the ..
- Isolated congenital left ventricular diverticulum in adultsD Vaidiyanathan
Department of Cardiology, Madras Medical College, Chennai
Indian Heart J 53:211-3. 2001Isolated congenital ventricular diverticulum or aneurysm is rare and usually arises from the left ventricle. The presentation of this condition is diverse. We report three cases of isolated congenital left ventricular diverticula...
- Massive recurrent hemorrhage due to duodenal diverticulum--role of tattooing and suture plicationD Bandyopadhyay
Department of Surgery, Calderdale Royal Hospital, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Indian J Gastroenterol 26:43-4. 2007We report a 79-year-old lady with massive recurrent GI bleeding from a duodenal diverticulum arising at the mesenteric border. We used tattooing during endoscopy as a method for identifying the bleeding source at surgery...
- Giant vesical diverticulum: a rare cause of defecation disturbanceSami Akbulut
Department of Surgery, Diyarbakir Education and Research Hospital, Diyarbakir, 21400, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 15:3957-9. 2009..Here, we present a 57-year-old man with a giant diverticulum of the urinary bladder who complained of abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, constipation, no passage of gas ..
- Iatrogenic rectal diverticulum in patients treated with transanal stapled techniquesM E Alabiso
UOC di Radiologia, PO Cardinale Ascalesi ASL Na 1, Via Egiziaca a Forcella 32, Napoli, Italy
Radiol Med 113:887-94. 2008....
- Clear cell adenocarcinoma in a female urethral diverticulumA Collado
Department of Urology, , Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
Scand J Urol Nephrol 34:136-8. 2000The incidence of a neoplasm within the female urethral diverticulum is rare. Clear cell adenocarcinoma, which is the most common neoplasm, arises from the metaplasia of surface transitional epithelium and the paraurethral ducts...
- [A case of adenocarcinoma in female urethral diverticulum]Satoshi Washino
Department of Urology, Jichi Medical University, Saitama Medical Center
Hinyokika Kiyo 53:593-6. 2007..Histopathological examination showed that the tumor arose in the urethral diverticulum and the proximal margin was positive...
- Diagnosis and management of the symptomatic duodenal diverticulum: a case series and a short review of the literatureBeat Schnueriger
Department of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University Hospital Bern, CH 3010, Bern, Switzerland
J Gastrointest Surg 12:1571-6. 2008..The incidence of duodenal diverticula (DD) found at autopsy may be as high as 22%. Perforation is the least frequent but also the most serious complication. This case series gives an overview of the management of this rare entity...
- [Solitary duodenal diverticulum with enterolith as a rare cause of acute abdomen]D Franzen
Stadtspital Triemli Zürich, Chirurgische Klinik, Zurich
Swiss Surg 8:277-9. 2002..The most uncommon complication is the enterolith formed within the diverticulum. In all reported cases, the enterolith--formation was associated with small bowel obstruction or perforation...
- Massive bleeding from duodenal diverticulumPunit Mehrotra
Department of Medicine, King George Medical College, Lucknow
Indian J Gastroenterol 21:32. 2002..We report a 45-year-old man with massive bleeding from a duodenal diverticulum located beyond the second part of the duodenum. The diverticulum was excised, and the patient...
- The duodenal diverticulum: an exceptional site of massive bleedingF Mosimann
Department of Surgery, University Hospital CHUV, Lausanne, Switzerland
Hepatogastroenterology 45:603-5. 1998..This paper describes a patient in whom angiography identified the diverticulum as the bleeding source, which was an exceptional occurrence, and thereby allowed prompt, appropriate treatment.
- Recurrent bacterial cholangitis due to a juxtapapillary diverticulumCornelis van Nieuwkoop
Department of Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, Ikazia Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 14:189-90. 2002..However, a juxtapapillary diverticulum was situated at the edge of the papilla of Vater...
- Fourth-portion duodenal diverticulum causing massive upper gastrointestinal bleedingJaime Ruiz-Tovar
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain
Am Surg 74:27-8. 2008..Upper gastrointestinal bleeding has been described, but it is an infrequent complication. We describe the 14th case reported in the literature of massive upper gastrointestinal bleeding originating from a duodenal diverticulum.
- Histopathologic features and clinical outcomes in 71 cases of bladder diverticulaEcaterina F Tamas
Department of Pathology, Quest Diagnostics, Teterboro, NJ, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 133:791-6. 2009..Bladder diverticula often come to clinical attention when complications or malignancy occur, although limited information is available regarding histopathologic features and clinical outcomes...
- Acquired tracheal diverticulum following repair of tracheo-oesophageal fistula: endoscopic managementA T L Cheng
The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Hawkesbury Road, Westmead, Sydney, Australia
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 72:1269-74. 2008Remnant tracheal diverticulum following the repair of a tracheo-oesophageal fistula (TOF) is an uncommon complication. The majority of lesions are discovered and repaired at the time of primary oesophageal repair...
- Prevalence and spectrum of abnormal electrocardiograms in patients with an isolated congenital left ventricular aneurysm or diverticulumMarc Alexander Ohlow
Department of Cardiology, Zentralklinik Bad Berka, Robert Koch Allee 9, Bad Berka, Germany
Europace 11:1689-95. 2009Congenital left ventricular aneurysm (LVA) and diverticulum (LVD) are rare cardiac anomalies and can be associated with ECG abnormalities and rhythm disturbances...
- Carcinosarcoma of the bladder diverticulum and a review of the literatureChi Wai Cheng
Department of Surgery, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Int J Urol 11:1136-8. 2004We report a carcinosarcoma within a bladder diverticulum together with a review of 18 previously reported cases of intradiverticular sarcomas and carcinosarcomas with respect to their clinical features, treatments and outcomes...
- [A case of leiomyosarcoma in a huge bladder diverticulum]Yujiro Tsujita
The Department of Urology, National Defense Medical College Hospital
Hinyokika Kiyo 55:761-4. 2009..Computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging demonstrated a huge bladder diverticulum tumor which infiltrated the mesentery and abdominal wall with multiple lymph node swelling in the pelvis...
- Small intestinal nonmeckelian diverticulosisKonstantinos Makris
Department of Surgery, Metropolitan Hospital, Athens, Greece
J Clin Gastroenterol 43:201-7. 2009..The extent of resection may be a problem, especially in patients with extensive disease involving large parts of the bowel. In these cases, clinical judgment is required from the part of surgeon to avoid short bowel syndrome...
- Anterior urethral valves and diverticula in children: a result of ruptured Cowper's duct cyst?Dawn L McLellan
Department of Urology, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
BJU Int 94:375-8. 2004..To review a series of children with anterior urethral valves and diverticula, to elucidate the pathophysiology and optimal management of this entity...
- Spontaneous perforation of congenital bladder diverticulumRobert J Stein
Department of Urology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Urology 66:881. 2005..We report a delayed diagnosis of spontaneous rupture of a congenital bladder diverticulum in a previously healthy child...
- Acute ulcerative jejunal diverticulitis: case report of an uncommon entityWojciech Staszewicz
Service de Chirurgie Viscerale, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
World J Gastroenterol 14:6265-7. 2008..Inflammation of multiple giant jejunal diverticulum was discovered at abdominal computed tomography (CT)...
- Uterine diverticulumPrabhakar Rajiah
University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
Obstet Gynecol 113:525-7. 2009..Uterine diverticula complicating pregnancy rarely are reported and should be differentiated from sacculation of pregnancy and other pelvic masses...
- Conservative management of perforated duodenal diverticulum: a case report and review of the literatureDavid Martinez-Cecilia
Hospital Universitario Reina Sofia, AV Menendez Pidal, sn 14005, Cordoba, Spain
World J Gastroenterol 14:1949-51. 2008..We report the case of a patient with a perforated duodenal diverticulum, which was diagnosed early and treated conservatively with antibiotics and percutaneous drainage of secondary ..
- A right-sided aortic arch with Kommerell's diverticulum of the aberrant left subclavian artery presenting with syncopeMing Hsun Yang
Department of Surgery, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taiwan, R O C
J Chin Med Assoc 72:275-7. 2009..We report a case of Kommerell's diverticulum of an aberrant left subclavian artery in a patient with a right-sided aortic arch...
- Obstructing phytobezoar arising from proximal jejunal diverticulumErik Lough
West Virginia University School of Medicine, WV, USA
Am J Surg 195:106-7. 2008..case of small bowel obstruction which occurred when a large phytobezoar, which had formed in a proximal jejunal diverticulum, dislodged and migrated distally...
- Perforated duodenal diverticulum: clinical and imaging findings in eight patientsJennifer T Ames
Department of Radiology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Abdom Imaging 34:135-9. 2009..We have studied a substantial number of patients who had perforation of a duodenal diverticulum and found these challenging to diagnose with little guidance from prior publications.
- Endoscopic observation of pathophysiology of ventricular diverticulumSatoru Osuka
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan
Childs Nerv Syst 23:897-900. 2007BACKGROUND: Although there have been reports dealing with ventricular diverticulum (VD) analyzed by cisternography and computed tomography (CT), those focusing on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) or neuroendoscopic findings are rare...
- Urethral diverticulum as a sequela of unrepaired penile fractureGregory R Hanson
Department of Urology, University of Kansas Hospital, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Can J Urol 14:3461-2. 2007..We report a case of an acquired urethral diverticula secondary to unrepaired penile fracture and urethral injury and review the literature on the topic...
- Axial torsion and gangrene of a giant Meckel's diverticulum mimicking acute appendicitisGulten Kiyak
Ataturk Teaching and Research Hospital, Second General Surgery Department, Bilkent, Ankara, Turkey
J Pak Med Assoc 59:408-9. 2009Meckel's diverticulum is the most common congenital anomaly of gastrointestinal tract, occurring in 2% of the population. More than 80% of patients are asymptomatic...
- A ring-shaped stone in a female urethral diverticulum: case report and review of literatureHan Ching Lin
Department of Urology, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical University, No 100 Tzyou 1st Road, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 19:1309-10. 2008..As the symptoms are not specific, urethral diverticulum may often be misdiagnosed...
- Urethral diverticulum after tension-free vaginal tape procedure: case reportAyman Mahdy
Urology Department, Section of Female Urology, Voiding Dysfunction, and Reconstructive Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Weston, Florida, USA
Urology 72:461.e5-6. 2008This study presents the third case in the literature of a urethral diverticulum after the tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) procedure, with an additional finding of the diverticulum developing distal to the tape...
- Massive upper gastrointestinal bleeding in a patient with a duodenal diverticulum: a case report and review of the literatureJ Balkissoon
Department of Surgery, Howard University, College of Medicine, Washington, DC
J Natl Med Assoc 84:365-7. 1992..Diverticulectomy was performed, and microscopic examination of the specimen showed dilated blood vessel suggestive of angiodysplasia...
- Giant lithiasis in a female urethral diverticulumAlvaro Gómez Gallo
Department of Urology, University of Chile Clinic Hospital, Santiago, Chile
Eur Urol 51:556-8. 2007The formation of gallstones in a urethral diverticulum is a rare clinical entity and is usually seen in males...
- Kommerell's diverticulum and right-sided aortic arch: a cohort study and review of the literatureC S Cinà
Division of Vascular Surgery, McMaster University, Victoria Medical Center, 304 Victoria Avenue North, Suite 305, Hamilton, Ontario L8L 5G4, Canada
J Vasc Surg 39:131-9. 2004..We feel that a left subclavian-to-carotid transposition completed before the thoracic approach revascularizes the subclavian distribution without increasing the complexity of the intrathoracic procedure...
- Association of periampullary diverticula with primary choledocholithiasis but not with secondary choledocholithiasisM H Kim
Dept of Internal Medicine, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Endoscopy 30:601-4. 1998..The aims of our study are to evaluate the association between periampullary diverticula and gallstones according to their site and to clarify the origin of the common bile duct stones by analyzing their composition...
- Ventricular aneurysm or diverticulum? Clinical differential diagnosisT Krasemann
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Muenster, Albert Schweitzer Str 33, D 48149 Muenster, Germany
Pediatr Cardiol 22:409-11. 2001..Intrathoracic ventricular aneurysms and diverticula can be differentiated by several criteria. Contractility is the only reliable parameter: aneurysms expand, whereas diverticula contract during ventricular systole...
- Clear cell adenocarcinoma of the urinary bladder within a diverticulumAlireza Moinzadeh
Department of Urology, Lahey Clinic, Burlington, Massachusetts, USA
Urology 62:145. 2003A rare case of clear cell adenocarcinoma within a bladder diverticulum is presented. A 69-year-old man presented to our institution with gross hematuria...
- Carcinoma in a bladder diverticulum: presentation and treatment outcomeDragan Golijanin
Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
J Urol 170:1761-4. 2003In this retrospective review we characterize the outcomes of patients treated for transitional cell carcinoma in a bladder diverticulum.
- The relationship between juxtapapillary duodenal diverticula and disorders of the biliopancreatic system: analysis of 350 patientsT Zoepf
Department of Gastroenterology, Academic Teaching Hospital, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Gastrointest Endosc 54:56-61. 2001..CONCLUSION: JPDD appears to be a risk factor for complications of endoscopic sphincterotomy and for gallbladder stones, bile duct stones, and their recurrence...
- Urinary bladder diverticulum and its association with malignancy: an anatomical study on cadavers- Prakash
Department of Anatomy, Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Whitefield, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Rom J Morphol Embryol 51:543-5. 2010Present work was directed to study the prevalence and anatomical basis of diverticulum formation and its association with malignancy inside the urinary bladder on cadavers...
- Diagnosis and outcome in congenital ventricular diverticulum and aneurysmEloi Marijon
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 131:433-7. 2006True congenital ventricular diverticulum and aneurysm in children are very uncommon. We report our experience to clarify the diagnosis and outcome of these little-known entities.
- Complicated small-bowel diverticulosis: a case report and review of the literatureWoubet T Kassahun
University of Leipzig, Faculty of Medicine, Clinic for Visceral, Transplantation, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, OKL, Liebig Strasse 20a, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
World J Gastroenterol 13:2240-2. 2007..An atypical presentation of complicated jejunal diverticulitis in conjunction with sigmoid diverticulitis diagnosed with laparoscopy and treated with surgical resection is presented...
- Giant sigmoid diverticulum: case report and review of the literatureM Toiber-Levy
Department of Surgery, ABC Medical Center, Sur 136 No 116, D F 01120 Mexico city, Mexico
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 32:581-4. 2008Giant colonic diverticulum is a rare entity first described in 1946 by Bonvin and Bonte. It may be congenital or acquired and the average age of presentation is 65. There are less than 150 reported cases in the literature...
- Atypical presentation of Kommerell's diverticulumAdriana Dias Barranhas
RM Cardíaca, Hospital de Clínicas de Niterói, Niteroi, RJ, Brasil
Arq Bras Cardiol 93:e88-90, e101-3. 2009..resonance angiography, which detected a right aortic arch with aberrant left subclavian artery and Kommerell diverticulum. A literature review was the basis for our clinical conduct, for the surgical treatment is complex...
- Fetal left ventricular diverticulum presenting as dysrhythmia: diagnosis and managementMandakini Pradhan
Department of Medical Genetics, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, India
Fetal Diagn Ther 23:10-4. 2008Congenital diverticulum of the left ventricle is a malformation, often associated with midline thoraco-abdominal defects...
- Thoracoscopic treatment of a pericardial diverticulumA Carretta
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Vita Salute San Raffaele University, Scientific Institute H San Raffaele, Via Olgettina, 60 20132 Milan, Italy
Surg Endosc 17:158. 2003..Thoracoscopy revealed a pericardial diverticulum. Resection of the lesion was performed thoracoscopically, with complete remission of the symptoms.
- ERCP in patients with periampullary diverticulumAndrea Rajnakova
Department of Medicine, National University Hospital, 5 Lower Kent Ridge Road, Singapore 119074
Hepatogastroenterology 50:625-8. 2003..The aim of this study was to evaluate the indications for endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography, the course of this procedure and complications after this procedure in patients with periampullary diverticulum.
- [Aneurysm of the diverticulum of the ductus arteriosus in the adult with left pneumonectomy; report of a case]T Jinno
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Kagawa Prefectural Central Hospital, Takamatsu, Japan
Kyobu Geka 55:803-6. 2002..Chest computed tomography (CT) scan and aortogram indicated a diagnosis of aneurysm of diverticulum of the ductus arteriosus. Aneurysm of the diverticulum of the ductus arteriosus in the adult is rare...
- [Duodenal diverticulum in the third portion of duodenum as a cause of upper gastrointestinal bleeding and chronic abdominal pain. Case report and literature review]Jorge Avalos-González
Departamento de Cirugia General, Hospital General Zona, MF No 1, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Colima, Mexico
Cir Cir 76:65-9. 2008Duodenal diverticulum is a little-known pathology. The duodenum represents second place in frequency for the presence of diverticula in the digestive tract after the colon...
- Difficult lung isolation in a patient with an undiagnosed tracheal diverticulumSerene Li Ling Ching
Department of Anesthesia, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 17:355-6. 2003
- [Isolated congenital left ventricular diverticulum: report of a paediatric case]N Ech Cherif El Kettani
Service de Radiologie Pediatrique, Hôpital d Enfants, CHU Ibn Sina, Rabat
J Radiol 87:56-8. 2006Congenital cardiac diverticulum is a rare malformation formed by an outpouching of the ventricular wall, in particular the left ventricle. The thoraco-abdominal type is more frequent than the isolated thoracic type...
- Rectal diverticulum: a new complication of STARR procedure for obstructed defecationG Sciaudone
First Division of General Surgery, Second University of Naples Policlinico, Naples, Italy
Tech Coloproctol 12:61-3. 2008We report a case of rectal diverticulum developed after stapled transanal rectal resection (STARR) procedure for obstructed defecation. A 21-year-old woman with chronic constipation was diagnosed with a rectocele at defecography...
- Vegetable stalk as a nidus for gallstone formation in a patient with a juxtapapillary duodenal diverticulumFranziska Plath
Department of Gastroenterology, Clinic of Internal Medicine, University of Rostock, Germany
Gastrointest Endosc 56:944-6. 2002
- Acute inflammation of a congenital cecal diverticulum mimicking appendicitisEwen A Griffiths
Department of Surgery, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
Med Sci Monit 9:CS107-9. 2003..Cecal diverticulitis is a relatively rare problem in the Western world. It is often clinically indistinguishable from acute appendicitis...
- [Diverticulum of the ductus arteriosus. Cause of traumatic aortic ruptures?]T Vogler
Abteilung für Kinderpathologie, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat Mainz, Langenbeckstrasse 1, 55101 Mainz
Chirurg 78:47-51. 2007According to angiographic studies 9-26% of all adult aortae show a ductus arteriosus diverticulum (DAD), i.e. an indention of the aortic wall at the insertion of the obliterated ductus arteriosus...
- Juxtapapillary diverticulum: findings on MRIN Cem Balci
Department of Radiology, Florence Nightingale Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
J Magn Reson Imaging 17:487-92. 2003The purpose of our study was to describe the imaging findings of juxtapapillary diverticulum on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- Duodenal diverticular hemostasis with hemoclip placement on the bleeding and feeder vessels: A case reportGottumukkala S Raju
Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Galveston, Texas, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 57:116-7. 2003
- Giant urethral diverticulum: unusual complication following ventral buccal mucosa onlay graft urethroplastyJörg Miller
Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Urol Int 77:368-70. 2006..We report on the case of a 63-year-old man who developed a giant diverticulum of the urethra 1 year after a ventral buccal mucosa onlay graft urethroplasty for recurrent bulbar urethral ..
- Adenocarcinoma of the female urethral diverticulum treated by multimodality therapyYasuo Awakura
Department of Urology, Kyoto National Hospital, Kyoto, Japan
Int J Urol 10:281-3. 2003..Two years after the operation, she had no evidence of recurrence. Adenocarcinoma of the female urethral diverticulum is rare and has been treated by surgery and/or radiation...
- Tracheal diverticulum: a review of the literatureEnrique Javier Soto-Hurtado
Pneumology Service, Carlos Haya Hospital, Malaga, Spain
Lung 184:303-7. 2006Tracheal diverticulum is a rarely encountered entity. It may be congenital or acquired, the difference residing mainly in the histologic features of the wall...
- Congenital cardiac diverticulum in the subaortic valve areaYongzhi Deng
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 132:1087-91. 2006We report and review the clinical characteristics and operative techniques of the rare malformation of congenital cardiac diverticulum in the subaortic valve area.
- [A case of an intraluminal duodenal diverticulum managed with endoscopic incision and ligation using needle-knife and detachable snare]Young Dae Park
Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, Kyungpook National University, University Hospital, 50 Samdeok 2 ga, Jung Gu, Daegu, Korea
Korean J Gastroenterol 49:177-82. 2007An intraluminal duodenal diverticulum (IDD) is a rare congenital anomaly consisted of a sac-like mucosal projection within the second portion of the duodenum...
- Sutureless Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy Using Laser Tissue Welding: PreclinicYasmin Wadia; Fiscal Year: 2013..nephrectomy for benign and malignant lesions;urethral repair: for hypospadias, urethral stricture, urethral diverticulum, and urethral fistulae and all surgical procedures that currently use sutures...
- Risk Factors for Asymptomatic DiverticulosisRobert S Sandler; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed study is a first step in understanding the cause of diverticulosis with the hope of preventing the disease and its complications ..
- PROSPECTIVE COMPARISON OF COLONIC IMAGING TESTDon Rockey; Fiscal Year: 2001..The information gained from this study is expected to form the basis for national policy and decision making with reward to colonic imaging tests. ..
- Manufacturing Process for Albumin-ICG Solder & Denatured Albumin ScaffoldYasmin Wadia; Fiscal Year: 2006..nephrectomy for benign lesions (500/year); Urethral repair: for hypospadias, urethral stricture, urethral diverticulum, and urethral fistulae (600/yr) and skin approximation (all surgical procedures that currently use sutures) ..
- MOLECULAR GENETIC ANALYSIS OF EARLY LIVER DEVELOPMENTLESLIE ROGLER; Fiscal Year: 2000..They will use a newly established murine hepatic endoderm cell line, isolated from the hepatic diverticulum at day 9.5 of gestation, that has been designated HBC-3...
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL CONTROL OF EYE DEVELOPMENTEseng Lai; Fiscal Year: 2001..factors, brain factors-1 and -2 (BF-1 and BF-2), that have unique expression patterns in the developing optic diverticulum. BF-1 is restricted to the nasal (anterior) half of the optic vesicle and stalk neuroepithelium while BF-2 is ..
- PESCADILLO AND HEPATOGENESISStephen Duncan; Fiscal Year: 1999..analysis of the transcriptional regulatory elements governing pescadillo's expression in the murine liver diverticulum. Overall, this proposal will provide a greater understanding of how hepatic cell fate decisions are directed ..
- DIFFERENTIATION OF HEPATIC STEM CELLSLESLIE ROGLER; Fiscal Year: 2005..for clonal growth of hepatoblasts from the murine hepatic diverticulum, to carry out clonal analysis of the developmental potential of retrovirally marked hepatic precursors from ..
- EVOLUTIONARY GENETICS OF MALE REPRODUCTIVE TRAITS IN MUSMATTHEW DEAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will help uncover the genetic basis of male reproductive fitness in a natural population of house mice. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Calorie Restriction Effects on Chromosomal AberrationsCHARLEEN MOORE; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results will be essential in identifying potential mechanisms by which CR acts in cancer prevention and delay of the aging process in long-lived species such as the rhesus monkey and humans. ..
- EXPERIMENTAL PATHOLOGY SHARED RESOURCE LABORATORYLaura Lamps; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..