Genomes and Genes
Summary: A mass of histologically normal tissue present in an abnormal location.
Publications273 found, 100 shown here
- Clinical characteristics of ectopic thyroid in KoreaJi Sung Yoon
Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, Yeungnam University, Daegu, Korea
Thyroid 17:1117-21. 2007..Ectopic thyroid is a rare entity and can occur at any location in the midline position. A role for the ectopic thyroid in the pathogenesis of hypothyroidism and nongoitrous cretinism has been emphasized...
- Ectopic pancreas tissue appearing in a mediastinal cystSandor Szabados
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Faculty of Medicine, University of Pecs, Pecs, Hungary
J Cardiothorac Surg 7:22. 2012..After the operation a mediastinal cyst was diagnosed, with a pancreatic tissue by histology...
- Laparoscopic spleen-preserving pancreatic tail resection for an intrapancreatic accessory spleen mimicking a nonfunctioning endocrine tumor: report of a caseTakashi Hamada
First Department of Surgery, Mie University School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Surg Today 34:878-81. 2004..The patient was discharged on postoperative day 14, but was readmitted 6 days later because of a pancreatic fistula, which was treated by CT-guided percutaneous drainage...
- Ectopic breast tissue as a possible cause of false-positive axillary sentinel lymph node biopsiesEugenio Maiorano
Department of Pathological Anatomy and Genetics, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Am J Surg Pathol 27:513-8. 2003....
- Epithelial inclusion cyst (epidermoid cyst) formation with epithelioid cell granuloma in an intrapancreatic accessory spleenY Horibe
Department of Pathology, Clinical Laboratory, Fujita Health University Second Teaching Hospital, Oto Bashi, Nakagawa ward, Nagoya City, Aichi 454 8509, Japan
Pathol Int 51:50-4. 2001..Frequent recurrence of chronic inflammation and epitheloid cell granuloma formation may have resulted from an aberration of the ectopic remaining pancreatic tissue in the spleen...
- Ectopic pancreas with gastric outlet obstruction: report of two cases and literature reviewYung Cheng Huang
First Department of General Surgery, Chung Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Chang Gung Med J 25:485-90. 2002..A review of the literature revealed few cases of ectopic pancreas with gastric outlet obstruction. An ectopic pancreas must be considered in the differential diagnosis of gastric outlet obstruction...
- Epidermoid cyst originating from an intrapancreatic accessory spleenT Sonomura
Department of Radiology, Kishiwada Tokushukai Hospital, 4 22 38 Isonokami Cho, Kishiwada shi, Osaka, 596 8522, Japan
Abdom Imaging 27:560-2. 2002..It is important to note the relation between the splenic parenchyma and the parenchymal component of the mass for the differential diagnosis of a cystic mass in the pancreatic tail...
- Intraoperative radioguided thoracoscopic removal of ectopic parathyroid adenomaM C Ott
Department of Nuclear Medicine, London Health Sciences Centre, University of Western Ontario, Canada
Ann Thorac Surg 72:1758-60. 2001..We report a case of an occult ectopic parathyroid adenoma removed thoracoscopically using an intraoperative handheld gamma probe...
- Intracranial ectopic pancreatic tissueR Scott Heller
Department of Beta Cell Regeneration, Hagedorn Research Institute, Gentofte, Denmark
Islets 2:65-71. 2010..It is speculated that the ectopic pancreas domain may arise from misexpression of homeodomain transcription factors related to Pdx1 within a domain of Ptf1a expression...
- CT findings of an ectopic pancreas in the anterior mediastinumZu Hua Chen
The Department of Radiology, Second Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, China
Korean J Radiol 10:527-30. 2009..On enhanced CT scans, the solid component of the mass showed marked enhancement. We performed total surgical resection of the mass and complete pancreatic tissues were verified on the pathological examination...
- Neuromuscular choristoma of the sciatic nerve. Case reportCormac O Maher
Department of Neurosurgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Neurosurg 96:1123-6. 2002The authors report the findings of a neuromuscular choristoma of the sciatic nerve in an otherwise healthy 18-year-old man who presented with sensorimotor symptoms and deformities of the right leg and foot...
- A review of heterotopia and associated salivary gland neoplasms of the head and neckA Ferlito
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Udine, Italy
J Laryngol Otol 113:299-303. 1999..A critical review of the literature on heterotopic salivary gland tissue neoplasms of the head and neck is also presented...
- Ectopic prostatic tissue: histogenesis and histopathological characteristicsShams Halat
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Histopathology 58:750-8. 2011..To evaluate the histological and immunohistochemical characteristics of ectopic prostatic tissue...
- Adenocarcinoma in ectopic prostatic tissue at dome of bladder: a case report of a patient with urothelial carcinoma of the bladder and adenocarcinoma of the prostateJerad M Gardner
Department of Pathology, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 134:1271-5. 2010..We report the first case of adenocarcinoma arising in ectopic prostatic tissue within the bladder...
- Nipple adenoma arising in a supernumerary mammary gland: a case reportLouise Shinn
Department of General Surgery, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Colnet Lane, Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Tumori 97:812-4. 2011..Instead they must be regarded, examined and treated as normal breast tissue...
- Neck masses secondary to heterotopic salivary gland tissue: a 25-year experienceElena Daniel
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Am J Otolaryngol 26:96-100. 2005..The aim of this study is to review salivary tumors arising from heterotopic salivary inclusions in the periparotid and cervical lymph nodal tissues over a 25-year span...
- Gigantomastia and vulvar lactating adenoma in a patient with myasthenia during pregnancyCatherine Scarabin
Department of Gynecology Obstetrics, Groupe Hospitalier Bichat Claude Bernard, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris Diderot, Paris, France
Am J Obstet Gynecol 203:e5-8. 2010..We discuss the pathophysiologic condition and management of gigantomastia that involves ectopic breast tissue during pregnancy...
- Fibromatosis: a potential sequela of neuromuscular choristomaMarie Noëlle Hébert-Blouin
Department of Neurologic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
J Neurosurg 116:399-408. 2012Neuromuscular choristoma (NMC) is a rare peripheral nerve lesion in which mature skeletal muscle fibers lie within the nerve and its fascicles. Given limited follow-up, its natural history is poorly understood...
- Prostate gland-like epithelium in the epididymis: a case report and review of the literatureLisa Yan Jie Lee
Department of Pathology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 128:e60-2. 2004..We then examined 23 additional orchiectomy specimens for the presence of prostate-like epithelium. The possibility of this being true ectopia versus an unusual metaplastic change is discussed...
- Primary ectopic breast cancer presenting as a vulvar massGilberto Lopes
Department of Oncology, Johns Hopkins Singapore International Medical Center, Singapore
Clin Breast Cancer 7:278-9. 2006..Its treatment usually entails surgical resection with lymph node dissection. Adjuvant therapy should be guided by the same principles as in orthotopic breast carcinoma...
- Thyroid development and its disorders: genetics and molecular mechanismsMario De Felice
Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn, University of Naples Federico II, 80121 Naples, Italy
Endocr Rev 25:722-46. 2004....
- Ectopic pancreas: CT findings with emphasis on differentiation from small gastrointestinal stromal tumor and leiomyomaJi Young Kim
Department of Radiology, Institute of Radiation Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital, 28 Yeongon dong, Jongno gu, Seoul 110 744, Korea
Radiology 252:92-100. 2009....
- Endocervicosis of the bladder: a case reportBegum Ozel
Division of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90033, USA
J Reprod Med 50:723-6. 2005..Endocervicosis of the bladder is a rare, benign lesion characterized by mucinous endocervical epithelium within the detrusor muscle of the bladder...
- Selected items from the history of pathology: Eugen Albrecht, MD (1872-1908): hamartoma and choristomaW B Ober
Am J Pathol 91:606. 1978
- Heterotopic pancreas in the stomach: a case report and literature reviewGrigorios Christodoulidis
Department of Surgery, University Hospital of Larissa, Nikotsara 6, Larissa 41223, Greece
World J Gastroenterol 13:6098-100. 2007..Frozen sections may help in deciding the extent of resection intraoperatively. Although ectopic pancreas is rare, it should be considered in the differential diagnosis of a submucosal gastric tumour...
- Ectopic prostatic tissue in the uterine cervix and vagina: report of a series with a detailed immunohistochemical analysisW Glenn McCluggage
Department of Pathology, Royal Group of Hospitals Trust, Belfast, UK
Am J Surg Pathol 30:209-15. 2006..Possible theories of histogenesis include a developmental anomaly, metaplasia of preexisting endocervical glands, and derivation from mesonephric remnants...
- Arthrogryposis multiplex congenita and pituitary ectopia. A case reportE Parano
Division of Pediatric Neurology, University of Catania, Italy
Neuropediatrics 31:325-7. 2000..However, it is more likely that in the present patient a common genetic mechanism may be the basis for both the arthrogryposis and the pituitary dysfunction...
- Somatic mosaicism and variable penetrance in doublecortin-associated migration disordersL Aigner
Department of Neurology, University of Regensburg, Universitätsstr 84, D 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Neurology 60:329-32. 2003..In addition, the authors implemented prenatal diagnosis in a family with SBH/XLIS...
- Submucosal endocervicosis of the bladder: an ectopic, glandular structure of Müllerian originStefan Preusser
Department of Urology, St Gallen Cantonal Hospital, St Gallen, Switzerland
Scand J Urol Nephrol 42:88-90. 2008..Transurethral biopsy of the tumor confirmed the diagnosis of endocervicosis. Complete transurethral resection was rejected due to the absence of symptoms and the benign condition of the lesion...
- A case of ectopic hepatocellular carcinoma in the jejunumMasato Shigemori
Department of Gastroenterology, Otsu Red Cross Hospital, 1 1 35 Nagara, Otsu 520 8511, Japan
J Gastroenterol 41:913-8. 2006..One year after the transarterial chemoembolization procedure, the patient remains well with no evidence of a recurrent tumor or serum AFP elevation...
- Expression of the B cell-attracting chemokine CXCL13 in the target organ and autoantibody production in ectopic lymphoid tissue in the chronic inflammatory disease Sjögren's syndromeS Salomonsson
Department of Medicine, Rheumatology Unit, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Immunol 55:336-42. 2002....
- Accessory lobe of right liver mimicking a pulmonary tumor in an adult maleYi Wang
Department of Radiology, Third Affiliated Hospital and Research Institute of Surgery, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Ann Thorac Surg 89:e9-e10. 2010..A pathologic evaluation confirmed the specimen to be hepatic tissues. In retrospect, the correct diagnosis of accessory liver could have been achieved using appropriate radiologic investigations if this possibility had been considered...
- Immunohistochemical phenotype of the urinary bladder endocervicosis: comparison with normal endocervix and well-differentiated mucinous adenocarcinoma of uterine cervixHiroyuki Hao
Department of Surgical Pathology, Hyogo College of Medicine, Nishinomiya, 1 1 Mukogawa cho, Nishinomiya, Hyogo, Japan
Pathol Int 60:528-32. 2010..Furthermore, diffuse distribution of estrogen and progesterone receptors, lack of human gastric mucin and low proliferative activity were distinct features for endocervicosis compared to well-differentiated mucinous adenocarcinoma...
- Supradiaphragmatic accessory liver: a rare cause of respiratory distress in a neonateReijo Luoma
King Fahd Armed Forces Hospital, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
J Pediatr Surg 38:1413-4. 2003..The "hydrothorax" turned out to be multilocular mesothelial cyst collection surrounding the ectopic liver. This is the first report of the development of a thoracic accessory liver followed by obstetric ultrasound examinations...
- Hepatocellular carcinoma arising from ectopic liver tissue in the pancreasDiana Cardona
Department of Pathology, Immunology, and Laboratory Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, 1600 SW Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Virchows Arch 450:225-9. 2007..These results support that this tumor in the pancreas is hepatocellular carcinoma, most likely arising from ectopic liver tissue within the pancreas...
- Intra-abdominal ectopic thyroid presenting with hyperthyroidism: report of a caseBulent Gungor
Department of General Surgery, Ankara Oncology Hospital, Turkey
Surg Today 32:148-50. 2002..She had hyperthyroidism preoperatively and had also undergone a bilateral subtotal thyroidectomy 10 years earlier. No signs or symptoms of a thyroid tumor were present...
- Laparoscopic management of gallbladder-associated ectopic liverJonathan Lundy
Dwight D Eisenhower Army Medical Center, Departrnent of General Surgery, Fort Gordon, Georgia 30905, USA
JSLS 9:485-7. 2005....
- MRI of endocervicosis: an unusual cause of clustered periurethral cystic masses involving the bladderMatthew R Eskridge
Department of Urology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:W147-9. 2007
- Laparoscopic resection of a hepatocellular carcinoma arising from an ectopic liverU Hyoung Seo
Department of Surgery, Korea University Guro Hospital, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 18:508-10. 2008..The patient's postoperative course was unremarkable. This is the first reported case of a laparoscopically treated ectopic HCC. Moreover, laparoscopic resection was found to be safe and reliable in this case...
- Alpha 1-antitrypsin retention in an ectopic liverMatthias Dettmer
Cantonal Institute of Pathology, Liestal, Switzerland
Diagn Pathol 6:16. 2011..Finally, such a finding should prompt the managing clinician to exclude systemic alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency in the patient through further appropriate tests...
- Intrapulmonary ectopic liver after orthotopic heart transplantationRupal I Mehta
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, 10833 LeConte Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 134:1060-2. 2010..Furthermore, this is the first reported case that involves a transplant recipient, thereby introducing additional, unique ramifications to this rare but intriguing entity...
- Ectopic cervical thymoma: a report of two cases of a rare entity frequently misdiagnosed on fine needle aspiration cytology and frozen sectionBenedict Yan
Department of Pathology, National University Health System, 5 Lower Kent Ridge Road, Singapore, 119074, Singapore
Head Neck Pathol 4:152-6. 2010..Short follow-up precludes conclusion on the implication of positive margins in conjunction with adjuvant radiotherapy for one of the patients presented herein...
- Contrast-enhanced sonography of intrapancreatic accessory spleen in six patientsSe Hyung Kim
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University Hospital and College of Medicine, 28, Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744, Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:422-8. 2007....
- LEOPARD syndrome with a new association of congenital corneal tumor, choristomaWon Woo Choi
Department of Dermatology, College of Medicine, Seoul National University, Korea
Pediatr Dermatol 20:158-60. 2003..In addition, she had congenital corneal tumors on both eyes. Histologically the tumors were choristoma. The neuroectodermal origin hypothesis of LEOPARD syndrome could explain the presence of a congenital corneal ..
- Heterotopic pancreas mimicking cholangiocarcinoma. Case report and literature reviewAtindriya Biswas
Departments of Surgery, Royal London Hospital, London, United Kingdom
JOP 8:28-34. 2007..Majority of the patients developing obstructive jaundice have an underlying malignancy. Identification of a benign pathology like heterotopic pancreas as an aetiology is uncommon and usually occurs only subsequent to a major operation...
- Maximal thymectomy in children with myasthenia gravisMohamed Essa
Thoracic Surgery Unit, Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, King Khalid University Hospital, King Saud University, Riyadh 11472, Saudi Arabia
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 24:187-9; discussion 190-1. 2003..We performed this study to evaluate the benefit of thymectomy in children with myasthenia gravis (MG)...
- Cellular basis of ectopic germinal center formation and autoantibody production in the target organ of patients with Sjögren's syndromeStina Salomonsson
Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Arthritis Rheum 48:3187-201. 2003..To investigate functional properties of the germinal center (GC)-like structures observed in salivary glands of patients with Sjögren's syndrome (SS) and to determine the frequency with which such structures develop...
- MR features of intraocular ectopic lacrimal tissueJ Y Jung
Department of Radiology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:2196-8. 2006..The differential diagnoses of other intraocular masses and the imaging features that can be of help in making a diagnosis are also discussed...
- Intussusception caused by a heterotopic pancreas. Case report and literature reviewNishchay Chandra
Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading, United Kingdom
JOP 5:476-9. 2004..1% of adult hospital admissions. In contrast to this, it is the leading cause of obstruction in children. In up to 90% of adults a cause can usually be found, but in children this is rarely the case...
- Transcervical-subxiphoid-videothoracoscopic "maximal" thymectomy--operative technique and early resultsMarcin Zielinski
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Pulmonary Hospital, ul Gladkie 1, 34 500 Zakopane, Poland
Ann Thorac Surg 78:404-9; discussion 409-10. 2004..The operative technique of a transcervical-subxiphoid-videothoracoscopic "maximal" thymectomy without sternotomy is described and the early results of the follow-up of patients operated on are analyzed...
- Adenocarcinoma arising in association with gastric heterotopic pancreas: A case report and review of the literatureLyska Emerson
Department of Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine and ARUP Laboratories, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Surg Oncol 87:53-7. 2004..Adenocarcinoma arising within ectopic pancreas is a rare occurrence with fewer than 30 well-documented cases reported in the world literature to our knowledge...
- Detection of ectopic B-cell follicles with germinal centers in the meninges of patients with secondary progressive multiple sclerosisBarbara Serafini
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Roma, Italy
Brain Pathol 14:164-74. 2004..The formation of ectopic lymphoid follicies in the meninges of patients with MS could represent a critical step in maintaining humoral autoimmunity and in disease exacerbation...
- [Aberrant pancreas: report of five cases]F Maisonnette
Service de Chirurgie Viscérale et Transplantations, CHU de Limoges, 2, avenue Martin Luther King, 87042 Limoges, France
Ann Chir 129:241-3. 2004..All localizations were treated by resection: antrectomy, bowel resection, and pancreaticoduodenectomy. Postoperative course was uneventful. Review of the literature shows that, even in uncomplicated cases, resection is usually performed...
- Endoscopic management of intratracheal ectopic thyroidKeith M Pritchyk
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 130:630-2. 2004
- Intraocular choristomaBong Hyun Kim
Department of Ophthalmology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Semin Ophthalmol 20:223-9. 2005..Many reports have described the choristoma mainly in the epibulbar area, but little is known of the choristoma that occurs intraocularly...
- [Mediastinal enteric cyst: unusual clinical presentation and histopathology]M Iglesias Sentís
Institut Clinic de Pneumologia i Cirurgia Toracica, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Arch Bronconeumol 40:185-7. 2004..Review of the literature yielded only 1 case of mediastinal enteric cyst with pancreatic tissue...
- From the archives of the AFIP. Meckel diverticulum: radiologic features with pathologic CorrelationAngela D Levy
Department of Radiologic Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, 6825 16th St NW, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
Radiographics 24:565-87. 2004..Although the clinical, pathologic, and radiologic features of the complications of Meckel diverticulum are well known, the diagnosis of Meckel diverticulum is difficult to establish preoperatively...
- Ectopic pancreatic tissue in the anterior mediastinumSuhail Al-Salam
Virchows Arch 448:661-3. 2006
- MDCT and superparamagnetic iron oxide (SPIO)-enhanced MR findings of intrapancreatic accessory spleen in seven patientsSe Hyung Kim
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, South Korea
Eur Radiol 16:1887-97. 2006..In most IPASs, the attenuation on CT and SI on MRI were identical to those of the spleen, and on SPIO-enhanced MRI, the degree of the signal drop in all lesions was similar to that of the spleen...
- Ectopic adrenocortical tissue along the inguinoscrotal path of childrenGeorge Vaos
Departament of Paediatric Surgery, Penteli General Children s Hospital, Athens, Greece
Int Surg 91:125-8. 2006..These nodules should be recognized and removed whenever they are encountered incidentally as they may be associated with hyperplasia or neoplastic changes. Routine search for them is not necessary...
- Accessory thyroid gland at carotid bifurcation presenting as a carotid body tumor: case report and review of the literatureEvert Jan F Hollander
Department of Vascular Surgery, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, Leiden, Zuid 2300 RC, The Netherlands
J Vasc Surg 39:260-2. 2004..In such cases, additional assessment, including thyroid tests, should be considered before surgery...
- Intraductal papillary mucinous adenoma that arises from pancreatic heterotopia within a meckel diverticulumJustin M M Cates
Department of Pathology, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 129:e67-9. 2005..We present an unusual case of an intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm that arose in a heterotopic pancreas within a Meckel diverticulum...
- Comparison of late results of basic transsternal and extended transsternal thymectomies in the treatment of myasthenia gravisMarcin Zielinski
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Pulmonary Hospital, Zakopane, Poland
Ann Thorac Surg 78:253-8. 2004..The influence of the technique of thymectomy on late results in the treatment of myasthenia gravis remains controversial...
- Invasive mucinous (colloid) adenocarcinoma of ectopic breast tissue in the vulva: a case reportC Yin
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City 66160, USA
Breast J 9:113-5. 2003..The tumor cells were positive for estrogen receptors (ERs), progesterone receptors (PRs), and BRST-1 markers. The clinical and pathologic features, differential diagnosis, and treatment are discussed...
- Differentiation and developmental origin of cerebellar granule neuron ectopia in protein O-mannose UDP-N-acetylglucosaminyl transferase 1 knockout miceX Li
Department of Neuroscience and Physiology, Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Neuroscience 152:391-406. 2008..Moreover, migration into the IGL is not required for granule cell acquisition of certain differentiated characteristics...
- Males with epilepsy, complete subcortical band heterotopia, and somatic mosaicism for DCXN P Poolos
Department of Neurology, Division of Neuroscience, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Neurology 58:1559-62. 2002..This article reports two cases of males with SBH indistinguishable from the female phenotype, both resulting from somatic mosaicism for DCX mutation...
- Diagnosis of complete ectopic lingual thyroid with Tc-99m pertechnetate scintigraphyC Aktolun
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Kocaeli University Medical School, Kocaeli, Turkey
Clin Nucl Med 26:933-5. 2001..The authors present four cases of ectopic lingual thyroid disease diagnosed by Tc-99m pertechnetate scanning, which is an efficient diagnostic tool that yields high-quality images in this clinical setting...
- Ectopic intrathoracic liverR Babu
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Royal Alexandra Hospital for Sick Children, Brighton, UK
Pediatr Surg Int 17:461-2. 2001..Fewer than ten cases of intrathoracic ectopic liver have been reported so far in the literature. This paper reports a case that caused a diagnostic dilemma...
- Ectopic mediastinal pancreasU Cagirici
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Ege University Medical Faculty, 35100, Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 19:514-5. 2001..Herein we report a 45-year-old woman with a cyst containing pancreatic tissue in the mediastinum. The English literature reveals only three previous cases of this extremely rare localisation of the pancreas...
- Cell migration and cerebral cortical developmentJ A Golden
Department of Pathology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol 27:22-8. 2001..In addition to those described above, many other syndromes show lissencephaly, pachygyria and polymicrogyria and many cases are not easily classified into any particular syndrome...
- Adenocarcinoma arising in gastric heterotopic pancreas: clinicopathological and immunohistochemical study with genetic analysis of a caseM Osanai
Department of Pathology, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Pathol Int 51:549-54. 2001..The features of the present case provide clear evidence that this tumor originated from heterotopic pancreatic tissue rather than from gastric epithelium...
- Ectopic pancreas in mediastinum: report of 2 cases and review of the literatureWei Wang
Department of Radiology, East Hospital of Tongji University, Shanghai, China
J Thorac Imaging 22:256-8. 2007..However, the final diagnosis depends on pathologic examination...
- Heterotopic pancreas in the stomach: CT findingsJ S Cho
Departments of Radiology, Surgery, and Pathology, Chungnam University Hospital Daesa dong 640, Joong ku, Taejon 301 040, Korea
Radiology 217:139-44. 2000..To describe the computed tomographic (CT) findings of heterotopic pancreas in the stomach...
- Posterior scleral choristoma in the organoid nevus syndrome (linear nevus sebaceus of Jadassohn)E I Traboulsi
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
Ophthalmology 106:2126-30. 1999..To highlight the association of posterior osseous and/or cartilaginous ocular choristomas with epibulbar choristomas and the nevus sebaceus of Jadassohn...
- Ectopic epididymal tissue in appendix testisJ Fernando Val-Bernal
Departamento de Anatomia Patologica, Hospital Universitario Marques de Valdecilla, Universidad de Cantabria, Avda Valdecilla s n, ES 39008, Santander, Spain
Virchows Arch 449:373-5. 2006..Awareness of this aberrant tissue avoids misinterpretation as a transected functional reproductive structure...
- Hashimoto's thyroiditis presenting as an enlarging submandibular mass in a patient with a lingual thyroidRobert J Paresi
Department of Surgery, Monmouth Medical Center, Long Branch, NY, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 132:806-8. 2005
- Prostatic tissue ectopia within the seminal vesicle: a potential source of confusion with seminal vesicle involvement by prostatic adenocarcinomaSean K Lau
Virchows Arch 449:600-2. 2006
- Adenocarcinoma arising from aberrant pancreas in the stomachMichiko Matsuki
Department of Internal Medicine, Takamatsuhigashi National Hospital, Kagawa, Japan
J Gastroenterol 40:652-6. 2005..It should be noted that one of the causes of gastric outlet obstruction may be aberrant pancreas or its malignant transformation...
- A case of ectopic dysplastic kidney and ectopic ureter diagnosed by MRIDavid T Duong
Department of Urology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5118, USA
Nat Clin Pract Urol 5:632-6. 2008..She was toilet trained at the age of 2 years, had a normal voiding pattern, and had no history or family history of incontinence...
- Ectopic liver tissue within the umbilical cordA Preminger
Department of Neonatology, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
J Pediatr Surg 36:1085-6. 2001..A solid mass in the umbilical cord is a very rare finding. A neonate with isolated ectopic liver tissue found in the umbilical cord is reported. This is the first known such reported case...
- Diagnosis of retrovesical ectopic and hyperplastic prostate tissue by transrectal needle biopsyT Hamasaki
Department of Urology, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka, Japan
Urol Int 66:171-3. 2001..The tumor was histologically confirmed to be a benign prostatic hyperplasia. This is the 3rd case of retrovesical ectopic prostatic tissue which was diagnosed by transrectal needle biopsy...
- Distinct profiles of Sjögren's syndrome patients with ectopic salivary gland germinal centers revealed by serum cytokines and BAFFPeter Szodoray
Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Clin Immunol 117:168-76. 2005..The variables identified by DFA are interdependent and are often of mechanistic significance to the pathologic states they distinguish, suggesting that these factors modulate SS pathology and SSGC formation in a synergistic manner...
- Middle mediastinal parathyroid: diagnosis and surgical approachR P Boushey
Division of General and Thoracic Surgery, The Toronto General Hospital, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ann Thorac Surg 71:699-701. 2001..The surgical approach was in error in 1 patient and corrected during the second procedure. We describe the surgical technique for exposing and excising parathyroid tissue from this area...
- Ectopic pancreas in the anterior mediastinumYamato Tamura
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Nara Medical University School of Medicine, Kashihara, Nara, Japan
Jpn J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 53:498-501. 2005..We speculate that this lesion represents abnormal differentiation of the pluripotent epithelial cells of the ventral primary foregut. Details of the clinical and histopathological features are presented...
- A clinicopathological study of 15 patients with neuroglial heterotopias and encephaloceles of the middle ear and mastoid regionK A Gyure
Department of Pathology, University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore 21201, USA
Laryngoscope 110:1731-5. 2000..Heterotopic masses of neuroglial tissue involving non-midline structures, specifically, the middle ear region, are exceptional. The pathogenesis of these lesions and, in particular, their relation to encephaloceles, is uncertain...
- Heterotopic pancreas: report of two casesNazif Erkan
Department of Surgery, Izmir Training and Research Hospital, Bozyaka, Izmir, Turkey
JOP 8:588-91. 2007..Ninety percent of heterotopic pancreata are found in the upper part of the gastrointestinal tract and clinical presentations show differences...
- Pituitary adenoma with neuronal choristoma (PANCH): composite lesion or lineage infidelity?E Horvath
Department of Pathology, St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ultrastruct Pathol 18:565-74. 1994Fifteen cases of the rare association of pituitary adenoma and neuronal choristoma (PANCH) were investigated by histology, immunohistochemistry, and electron microscopy...
- Ectopic thyroid in the gallbladder: report of a caseEnver Ihtiyar
Department of General Surgery, Osmangazi University Faculty of Medicine, 26480 Eskisehir, Turkey
Surg Today 33:777-80. 2003..Pathological findings were compatible with ectopic thyroid tissue in the gallbladder wall. This very rare pathology is discussed with a review of the relevant literature...
- Osseous choristoma of the oral soft tissue. Case reportLuis Alberto Gaitán-Cepeda
División de Estudios de Postgrado e Investigación, Facultad de Odontologia, UNAM, Mexico
Med Oral 8:220-3. 2003Oral osseous choristoma is a rare developmental alteration, their principal localization is nearly to base of the tongue (foramen caecum). The oral mucosa localization of osseous choristoma is extremely rare...
- [Intrapancreatic accessory spleen: a differential diagnosis of pancreatic tumour]T Meyer
Chirurgische Universitatsklinik und Poliklinik, Wurzburg
Zentralbl Chir 132:73-6. 2007..Only in 1-2% they are located in the pancreatic tail. We report a rare case of intrapancreatic accessory spleen which radiologically mimicked a tumor in the tail of the pancreas...
- Accessory spleen presenting as a mass in the tail of the pancreasGary Tozbikian
Department of Pathology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 11:277-81. 2007..After a distal pancreatectomy was completed, microscopic examination revealed heterotopic splenic tissue...
- [Liver imaging: pitfalls, pseudolesions and pseudotumors]V Vilgrain
Service de Radiologie, Hopital Beaujon, 100, boulevard du General Leclerc, 92118 Clichy Cedex
J Radiol 88:1104-20. 2007..The use of multidetector CT and MR imaging increases the likelihood of detecting such lesions in routine practice. Radiologists must recognize these lesions and understand the underlying etiology...
- Case report: ectopic pancreatic rest in the proximal stomach mimicking gastric neoplasmsA Shah
Department of Radiology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Clin Radiol 62:600-2. 2007
- Pancreatitis in initially occult gastric heterotopic pancreasGregory Emmett Wilde
Department of Radiology, Christiana Care Health System, 4755 Ogletown Stanton Road, Newark, DE 19718, USA
Clin Imaging 31:356-9. 2007..We present a case of heterotopic pancreas in the stomach, which was initially endoscopically occult but developed superimposed pancreatitis leading to its clinical presentation and detection as an apparently new gastric neoplasm...
- Combined ileal heterotopic pancreatic and gastric tissues causing ileocolic intussusception in an infantA Al-Zahem
Department of Pediatric Surgery, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Corner Hawkesbury Road and Hainsworth Street, Locked Bag 4001, Westmead, Sydney 2145, NSW, Australia
Pediatr Surg Int 22:297-9. 2006..We report a case of ileal heterotopic pancreatic tissue associated with ectopic gastric mucosa causing ileocolic intussusception in an infant, with review of the literature...
- Imaging case book. Oropharyngeal neuroglial choristomaT E Herman
Department of Radiology, Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis Children s Hospital, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Perinatol 27:386-7. 2007
- Intracranial extracerebral glioneuronal heterotopia with fetal laminar organization on MR imagingBurce Ozgen
Department of Radiology, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Sihhiye, Ankara 06100, Turkey
Pediatr Radiol 37:717-9. 2007....
- Two cases of intra-pericardial tumors arising from the ascending aorta in adultsOlivier Chataigner
Marie Lannelongue Hospital, Department of Thoracic and Vascular Surgery and Heart Lung Transplantation, 133, avenue de la resistance, 92350, Le Plessis Robinson, France
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 32:174-5. 2007..Histology revealed teratoma and ectopic thyroid. Tumors arising from the ascending aorta are very rare and should be considered in the differential diagnosis of the mediastinal masses...
- Salivary gland choristoma of the middle ear in an infant: a case reportDong Kyung Lee
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50, Il won Dong, Kangnam Gu, Seoul 135 710, Republic of Korea
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 70:167-70. 2006Salivary gland choristoma of the middle ear cavity is an extremely rare entity. Many patients with this entity usually present with conductive hearing loss...
- [Heterotopia as the cause of seizures. A case report of familial periependymal heterotopia]E Navarro-Cantarero
Sección de Neurorradiología, Hospital Clinico Universitario Lozano Blesa, 50009 Zaragoza, Spain
Rev Neurol 41:86-90. 2005..Most of them derive from the stoppage of migration, but proliferation and organisation can also be affected. Heterotopia is the most frequent of all migration disorders...
- Cytokeratin 7 immunostaining facilitates recognition of pancreatic heterotopia in gastric biopsiesRichard A Lindtner
Pathol Int 57:548-50. 2007
- Functional Architecture of Developmental Brain DisorderBernard Chang; Fiscal Year: 2008..By combining training in these two areas, the candidate will gain the experience and skills necessary to transition to an independent career in clinical neuroscience research. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulating Neuroendocrine Phenotype in CancerHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, these finding may permit development of components of raf-1 pathway as therapeutic targets in the treatment and palliation of NE tumors. ..
- Migration of early olfactory neuronal progenitorsGERALD SCHWARTING; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will lead to an understanding of the complex factors that guide GnRH neurons to their proper destinations in the hypothalamus to control the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis. ..
- Phase II Clinical Trial Utilizing Lithium for Patients with Neuroendocrine TumorsHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Besides surgery, there are limited curative and palliative treatments available to patients with metastatic NE tumors, emphasizing the need for development of other forms of therapy. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Patient-Oriented Research in Recessive Pediatric Brain DiseasesJoseph Gleeson; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Modulation of h-channels in hippocampal dendritiesNICHOLAS POOLOS; Fiscal Year: 2007..If funded, this proposal will enable the PI's transition to an independent clinician-scientist with a career focus on both basic and clinical aspects of epilepsy. ..
- Advances in Midbrain/Hindbrain MalformationsJoseph Gleeson; Fiscal Year: 2005..The information content will be made available on the Internet. Thus this Meeting will serve as a resource for both the scientific and lay community throughout the world. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Neuronal MigrationJoseph Gleeson; Fiscal Year: 2006..2) DCX and LIS1 function to regulate nuclear movement during neuronal migration. 3) DCX is regulated by cdk5 during neuronal migration. ..
- Novel Signaling Targets in GI Neuroendocrine TumorsHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2005..The possibility that raf-l-mediated hormone suppression could be induced by a soluble factor would provide a plausible, therapeutic delivery method. ..
- CELL MIGRATION AND CNS DEVELOPMENT ANOMALIESJeffrey Golden; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Tissue Engineering Utilizing BMP Gene TherapyGREGORY HELM; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- CaBP4, a Photoreceptor Specific Calcium-Binding ProteinFrancoise Haeseleer; Fiscal Year: 2005..The mechanism of interaction of CaBP4 with its target will also be examined using both in vitro and in vivo procedures. ..
- Signaling Pathways in Medullary Thyroid CancerHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Neurogenesis in Pediatric Temporal Lobe EpilepsyBRENDA PORTER; Fiscal Year: 2007..The studies proposed will take place in the laboratories of Drs. Douglas Coulter and Amy Brooks-Kayal, at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This Award will facilitate my goal of a career in academic medicine. ..
- ENDOMETRIOTIC HAPTOGLOBIN ALTERS MACROPHAGE FUNCTIONKATHY TIMMS; Fiscal Year: 2006..As a result, novel non-invasive strategies for early detection and innovative treatment of endometriosis may be developed that markedly reduce the health burden of this malady. ..
- Non-Radial Cell Migration in CNS DevelopmentJeffrey A Golden; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Studies of Brain MalformationsHuaiyu Hu; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- NEURONAL MIGRATION IN THE DEVELOPING BRAINHuaiyu Hu; Fiscal Year: 2003....