Genomes and Genes
Summary: Disorders affecting the organs of the thorax.
Publications210 found, 100 shown here
- Nutritional depletion and its relationship to respiratory impairment in patients with chronic respiratory failure due to COPD or restrictive thoracic diseasesS Budweiser
Center for Pneumology, Donaustauf Hospital, Donaustauf, Germany
Eur J Clin Nutr 62:436-43. 2008..is a predictor for mortality in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), less information on prevalence and mechanisms is available in patients with chronic respiratory failure (CRF) due to restrictive thoracic diseases (RTD).
- IFT80, which encodes a conserved intraflagellar transport protein, is mutated in Jeune asphyxiating thoracic dystrophyPhilip L Beales
Molecular Medicine Unit, University College London UCL Institute of Child Health, 30 Guilford Street, London WC1N 1EH, UK
Nat Genet 39:727-9. 2007..Knockdown of ift80 in zebrafish resulted in cystic kidneys, and knockdown in Tetrahymena thermophila produced shortened or absent cilia...
- False positive and false negative FDG-PET scans in various thoracic diseasesJung Min Chang
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 7:57-69. 2006..In this review, we illustrate false positive and negative findings of PET scan in a variety of diseases...
- Positron emission tomography imaging in nonmalignant thoracic disordersAbass Alavi
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Semin Nucl Med 32:293-321. 2002..Finally, the value of FDG-PET in differentiating benign from malignant diseases of the pleura including asbestosis-related disorders is described at the conclusion of this comprehensive review...
- CT evaluation of vocal cord paralysis due to thoracic diseases: a 10-year retrospective studySun Wha Song
Department of Radiology, Uijeongbu St Mary s Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea College of Medicine, Uijeongbu, Korea
Yonsei Med J 52:831-7. 2011To discuss computed tomography (CT) evaluation of the etiology of vocal cord paralysis (VCP) due to thoracic diseases.
- [Thoracic real-time MRI: experience from 2200 examinations in acute and ill-defined thoracic diseases]A Kluge
Diagnostische Radiologie, Kerckhoff Klinik, Bad Nauheim
Rofo 177:1513-21. 2005..demonstrate typical findings, analyze the diagnostic potential in subgroups with suspected pulmonary embolism (PE) and aortic dissection (AD), and describe the influence of real-time MRI on the role of MRI in acute thoracic diseases.
- Vocal fold paralysis as a sign of chest diseases: a 15-year retrospective studyHideki Bando
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kawaramachi Hirokoji, Kyoto, 602 8566, Japan
World J Surg 30:293-8. 2006..Depending on the situation, chest x-ray is not enough for detecting the primary lesion. The objective of this study was to discuss the diagnostic procedure for VFP based on the retrospective analysis of the cases...
- Three-dimensional imaging of thoracic diseases with multi-detector row CTJunji Ueno
Department of Radiologic Technology, School of Health Sciences, The University of Tokushima, Tokushima, Japan
J Med Invest 51:163-70. 2004..Three-dimensional (3D) volume data from MDCT provides various unique applications on thoracic diseases. These includes isotropic viewings, use of multiplanar reformation (MPR), maximum and minimum intensity ..
- Pleural nodularity in a patient with pyrexia of unknown originPeter B Wold
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55902, USA
Chest 122:718-20. 2002
- [Usefulness of chest sonography in a respiratory medicine unit]M Hidalgo Ramírez
Servicio de Neumología Hospital Universitario La Fe Valencia España
Arch Bronconeumol 39:253-5. 2003..We conclude that ultrasound imaging is useful in the hands of pneumologists who use the technique to diagnose pleural effusions...
- Thoracic splenule without prior history of trauma or surgeryAchilleas Lioulias
Thoracic Surgery Department, Sismanogleio General Hospital, Agia Paraskevi, Athens, Greece
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 134:530-1. 2007
- [Study of a CT scanning method that improves gravity effects to enable differentiation of inflammatory diseases in chest CT]Hitoshi Fujita
Department of Radiology, Kusaka Hospital
Nihon Hoshasen Gijutsu Gakkai Zasshi 64:707-13. 2008..The effects of gravity were improved by additional CT scanning in an oblique position (55 degrees ) or a nearly lateral position, and this enabled differentiation of the effects of gravity vs. inflammatory diseases...
- Multi-slice CT of the chest: routine and new applicationsPh Duyck
Section on Chest Radiology of RBRS, Department of Radiology, UZ Gent, Ghent, Belgium
JBR-BTR 90:122-3. 2007
- Thoracic actinomycosis with mainly pleural involvementYoshihiro Kobashi
Division of Respiratory Diseases, Department of Medicine, Kawasaki Medical School, 577 Matsushima, 701 0192, Kurashiki, Japan
J Infect Chemother 10:172-7. 2004....
- An unusual complication of a ventriculopleural shunt. Case illustrationBlake Pearson
Division of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Children s Hospital, Birmingham, Alabama 35233, USA
J Neurosurg 106:410. 2007
- Rupture of a chronic expanding hematoma of the thorax into lung parenchymaKenichi Okubo
Department of General Thoracic Surgery, Gifu National Hospital, Gifu, Japan
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 127:1838-40. 2004
- [Thoraxsonography--Part 1: Chest wall and pleura]G Mathis
Interne Abteilung Landeskrankenhaus Hohenems, Osterreich
Praxis (Bern 1994) 93:615-21. 2004..Pleural mesotheliomas can be delineated nearly equally well on sonograms and on computed tomography. Morphological and, in particular, functional diagnosis of the diaphragm by means of sonography is both reliable and convincing...
- [Lung, bronchus, thorax]Tetsushi Honda
Department of Respiratory, Sapporo Hokuyu Hospital
Nihon Rinsho 62:768-80. 2004..Here we report that virtual reconstruction of lung by 3D-CT is useful for diagnosis of emphysematous lesion, cystic lung disease, spontaneous pneumothorax and virtualized endoscopy...
- Benign costal mesenchymal hamartoma in a neonateAugustin Nogués
Radiology Department, Donostia Hospital, San Sebastian, Spain
Pediatr Radiol 33:221-2. 2003
- [Thoracic wall crossing (pseudo-?) tumor in a child: abscess-forming thoracic actinomycosis caused by Actinomyces meyeri et israeli]B Bark
Rofo 176:125-7. 2004
- Thoracic ectopic kidneyYanQing Tong
Department of Nephrology, Jilin Chinese Medical Hospital, Changchun, Jilin, China
Nephrology (Carlton) 12:531. 2007
- [Metastatic calcinosis of the thorax: a report of 2 cases]A Zidi
Service d Imagerie Medicale, hôpital Abderrahmane Mami, Ariana 2080, Tunisie
J Radiol 89:590-3. 2008
- A novel terminology and dissemination theory for a subgroup of intrathoracic extrapulmonary hydatid cystsTurgut Isitmangil
Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Camlica Chest Diseases Hospital, Department of Thoracic Surgery, Istanbul, Turkey
Med Hypotheses 61:68-71. 2003..With regard to this localization, we propose a novel terminology as 'intrathoracic extrapleural hydatid cyst' and we hypothesize a novel dissemination theory for the hydatid cysts via diaphragmatic lymphatic drainage...
- [Imaging diagnosis (e.g., thoracic radiography, CT, and MRI)]Michio Kawano
Nihon Kokyuki Gakkai Zasshi . 2003
- Chest radiography for radiologic technologistsDan L Hobbs
Department of Radiographic Science, Idaho State University, Pocatello, USA
Radiol Technol 78:494-516; quiz 517-9. 2007..Readers will gain an understanding of several pathologic processes involving the chest and can use this information to perform optimal radiographic imaging...
- Comparison of two-phase (201)Tl SPECT with chest CT to differentiate thoracic malignancies from benign lesionsY H Yu
Department of Medicine, China Medical University Hospital Taichung, Taiwan
Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 52:66-73. 2008..This study was conducted to compare the performance of (201)Tl single photon emission computed tomography ((201)Tl SPECT) with chest computed tomography (CT) in differentiating thoracic malignancies from benign lesions...
- Oxygen desaturation with an intrathoracic stomachChristopher A Olenec
Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 5:e12-3. 2007
- Life threatening chronic expanding hematoma of the thoraxM Sato
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Toronto General Hospital, Ontario, Canada
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 45:511-4. 2004..Although the patient's condition improved following operative removal of the mass, he was ultimately diagnosed with postoperative empyema secondary to bronchopleural fistula, necessitating additional surgery...
- Chest wall Castleman's disease: CT and MRI findingsOsamu Tanaka
Department of Radiology, Gifu University School of Medicine, 1 1 Yanagido, Gifu 501 1194, Japan
Radiat Med 24:529-33. 2006..The mass was diagnosed by percutaneous core needle biopsy with computed tomography guidance. The patient has remained well for 5 years without an increase in tumor size. We also summarize the international literature...
- [Incarcerated spontaneous intercostal hernia of the lung: a case report]R Ghotbi
Chirurgische Abteilung, Kreisklinik München Pasing, Lehrkrankenhaus der LMU München
MMW Fortschr Med 147:37-8. 2005
- Surgically removed thoracolithiasis: report of two casesTeruo Iwasaki
Departments of Respiratory Surgery, Osaka Prefectural Medical Center for Respiratory and Allergic Diseases, Habikino, Japan
Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 12:279-82. 2006..Thoracic surgeons should consider this condition in the differential diagnosis of a peripheral pulmonary nodule...
- A creative visionPhillip M Boiselle
J Thorac Imaging 20:173. 2005
- Computed tomography in pediatric chest diseases: a reminderNazan Dalgic
Acta Paediatr 95:626-7. 2006
- 64 slice cardiovascular CT in the emergency department: concepts and first experiencesG Savino
Dipartimento di Radiologia, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Roma, Italy
Radiol Med 111:481-96. 2006..The purpose of this study was to evaluate contrast-enhanced electrocardiogram (ECG)-gated 64-slice computed tomography (CT) angiography of the thorax as a triage tool in patients with acute equivocal chest pain...
- [Emergency ultrasound on the chest]G Mathis
Interne Abteilung, Landeskrankenhaus Hohenems
Praxis (Bern 1994) 95:638-43. 2006
- [Thorax examination by computed tomography: general aspects and presentation of clinical cases]D Huber
Centre vétérinaire Les Grillières, Montcherand Orbe
Schweiz Arch Tierheilkd 147:546-8, 551-3. 2005..A thymoma, a chronic pleuresia due to thorns and a mediastinal cranio-dorsal neoplasia provoking only lameness signs will be presentated in details...
- Multifocal mesenchymal hamartoma of the chest wallSemsi Altaner
Department of Pathology, Trakya University Medical Faculty, Edirne, Turkey
Respirology 11:334-8. 2006..Besides, primitive mesenchymal elements, lymphoid cell accumulations and trabecular bone structures were seen focally. Bilateral chest wall hamartomas are extremely rare and may be confused with malignancy...
- Tuberculosis of the chestLuis Curvo-Semedo
Department of Radiology, Hospitais da Universidade de Coimbra, Praceta Mota Pinto Avenida Bissaya Barreto, 3000 075 Coimbra, Portugal
Eur J Radiol 55:158-72. 2005..Radiologists are, in this way, presented with a new challenge at the beginning of this millennium...
- Use of radiography in combination with computed tomography for the assessment of noncardiac thoracic disease in the dog and catAndrew B Prather
Veterinary Specialists Center, 9905 S Highway 17 92, Maitland, FL, USA
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 46:114-21. 2005..In conclusion, CT is a valuable tool for evaluating intrathoracic disease. CT provides additional cross-sectional anatomic information that can aid in anatomic localization and evaluation of the extent of the pathology in question...
- Imaging evaluation of chest wall disorders in childrenNancy R Fefferman
Division of Pediatric Radiology, Department of Radiology, New York University School of Medicine, 560 First Avenue, RIRM 234, New York, NY 10016, USA
Radiol Clin North Am 43:355-70. 2005..This article discusses the imaging evaluation of chest wall disorders in children...
- Thoracic infections in human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immune deficiency syndromeGalit Aviram
Department of Radiology at Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center and Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Semin Roentgenol 42:23-36. 2007
- [A rare localization of chest wall hydatidosis: Sternal hydatidosis]Aida Ayadi-Kaddour
Service d Anatomie et de Cytologie Pathologiques, Hopital Abderrahmen Mami, Ariana, Tunisie
Ann Pathol 26:295-7. 2006
- Incidental findings computed tomography of the thoraxDouglas Green
Department of Radiology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84103, USA
Semin Ultrasound CT MR 26:14-9. 2005..This article discusses management issues related to the detection of unexpected findings in different compartments of the thorax. In the future, more detailed outcome data will be available to better guide medical decision-making...
- [Emergency pediatric thoracic radiology]C Durand
Service de Radiologie Pediatrique, CHU de Grenoble, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 9
J Radiol 86:198-206. 2005..CT provides more information than chest radiographs. This explains the increasing indications of CT in the evaluation of pediatric thoracic emergencies, more particularly traumatic emergencies...
- Cirrhosis-related intrathoracic disease. Imaging features in 1038 patientsK Malagari
2nd Department of Radiology, Medical School, University of Athens, Greece
Hepatogastroenterology 52:558-62. 2005..To describe imaging features of cirrhosis-related intrathoracic disease...
- Thoracic splenosis twenty-nine years after traumatic splenectomy mimicking intrathoracic neoplasmC Papakonstantinou
4th Surgical Clinic, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, GPHT G Papanikolaou, Thessaloniki, Greece
Eur Surg Res 37:76-8. 2005..To date, only 28 cases of thoracic splenosis have been reported in the literature. The purpose of this report is to present a new case of splenosis of the thoracic cavity simulating intrathoracic neoplasm...
- Assessment of real-time 3D visualization for cardiothoracic diagnostic evaluation and surgery planningBradley M Hemminger
Department of Radiology and School of Information and Library Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 3360, USA
J Digit Imaging 18:145-53. 2005..We test whether advanced real-time rendering techniques combined with an effective user interface will allow radiologists and surgeons to improve their performance for cardiothoracic surgery planning and diagnostic evaluation...
- Cardiothoracic radiologyA F Scarsbrook
Department of Radiology, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Clin Radiol 60:531-2. 2005..Hyperlinks are available in the electronic version of this article and were all active at the time of going to press (April 2005)...
- Signs in thoracic imagingGeoffrey B Marshall
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Foothills Medical Center, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Thorac Imaging 21:76-90. 2006..Its purpose is to be used as an educational review for residents, whether they are beginning their training or preparing for certification exams, and serve as a refresher and a reference to the practicing radiologist...
- [Anterior chest wall examination reviewed]A Lo Monaco
Unità Operativa di Reumatologia, Università degli Studi di Ferrara Italia
Reumatismo 54:52-8. 2002....
- Imaging features of thoracic sarcoidosisCaroline Chiles
Department of Radiology, Division of Radiologic Sciences, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1088, USA
Semin Roentgenol 37:82-93. 2002
- Virtual tools for imaging of the thoraxG R Ferretti
Dept of Radiology, HÄµpital Michallon Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Grenoble, France
Eur Respir J 18:381-92. 2001..In the last decade, HCT and HCTA have revolutionized the diagnosis of thoracic diseases, modifying many diagnostic algorithms...
- Thoracic sequelae and complications of tuberculosisH Y Kim
Department of Radiology, Ewha Women's University Mokdong Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Radiographics 21:839-58; discussion 859-60. 2001..Therefore, recognition and understanding of the radiologic manifestations of the thoracic sequelae and complications of tuberculosis are important to facilitate diagnosis...
- Chest wall hamartoma. Report of two cases with secondary aneurysmal bone cystsA Serrano-Egea
Department of Pathology, University Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Pathol Res Pract 197:835-9. 2001..We present two new cases of chest wall hamartoma with secondary aneurysmatic bone cyst formation studied with histological and immunocytochemical methods...
- Computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging: past, present and futureN L Muller
Dept of Radiology, Vancouver General Hospital, University of British Columbia, Canada
Eur Respir J Suppl 35:3s-12s. 2002..This technique consists of three-dimensional single breath-hold images obtained using gadolinium-based contrast agents. This is a promising technique for the diagnosis of acute and chronic pulmonary embolism...
- Technologists' productivity when using PACS: comparison of film-based versus filmless radiographyBruce I Reiner
Department of Radiology, Veterans Affairs Maryland Healthcare System, 10 N Greene Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 179:33-7. 2002..The objective of this study was to assess the impact of filmless operation and computed radiography on technologists' examination times compared with conventional film-based operation and film-screen radiography...
- Three or more median sternotomies for patients with valve disease: role of computed tomographyKiyofumi Morishita
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 75:1476-80; discussion 1481. 2003..We evaluated the effects of computed tomographic (CT) scan-guided third or fourth median sternotomies for valve operations on the incidence of resternotomy-related complications and early mortality...
- "Missing" sternal ossification center: potential mimicker of disease in young childrenWilliam J Rush
Department of Radiology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Radiology 224:120-3. 2002..To evaluate the frequency of "missing" sternal ossification center (asynchronous non-ossification) in young children...
- Chest wall lesionsAndrew J B Watt
The Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Yorkhill NHS Trust, Dalnair Street, Glasgow G3 8SF, Scotland, UK
Paediatr Respir Rev 3:328-38. 2002....
- Radiographic findings of screening chest films in Priest HospitalOrawan Khosangruang
Department of Radiology, Priest Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 91:S21-3. 2008..To study radiographic findings in abnormal chest films from screening programs as part of a Sustained and Holistic Health Care in Priests and Novices in Commemoration of His Majesty the King's 60 Years Accession to the Throne..
- [Thoracic imaging in adolescence: news and perspectives]V Arcuri
UO di Radiologia, Azienda Ospedaliera Pugliese Ciaccio, Catanzaro, Italy
Minerva Pediatr 54:607-10. 2002..In the future, new technological perspectives will make the functional study of the lung ventilation possible with techniques such as the 3-He hyperpolarized...
- Efficacy and safety of single-trocar technique for minimally invasive surgery of the chest in the treatment of noncomplex pleural diseaseMarcello Migliore
Section of General Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Catania, Italy
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 126:1618-23. 2003To assess the efficacy and the safety of a single-trocar technique for minimally invasive surgery of the chest in the management of multiple noncomplex thoracic diseases, a prospective study was performed and the results are presented.
- [Thoracoscopic surgery]Koichi Kaneko
Department of Thoracic Surgery, International Medical Center, Saitama Medical University, Hidaka, Japan
Kyobu Geka 62:718-22. 2009..and then indication of VATS had been gradually extended for lung cancer, mediastinal tumor and other thoracic diseases. Nowadays 40% of lung cancer operations are done by VATS in Japan...
- Thoracotomies in childrenGokturk Findik
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Ataturk Chest Diseases and Chest Surgery Training and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Surg Int 24:721-5. 2008..This study reviews childhood thoracic diseases, thoracotomy approaches, indications, and complications...
- Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery in the diagnosis of lung disease. The Cretan experienceI E Petrakis
Division of Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital of Herakleion, University of Crete, Greece
Ann Chir Gynaecol 89:24-7. 2000Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS) has been recently utilised in the diagnosis and management of thoracic diseases. In this report we reviewed our VATS experience for biopsy of diffuse or localised lung diseases in 51 cases ..
- Serum cardiac troponin I concentrations in cattle with cardiac and noncardiac disordersR J Mellanby
Roslin Institute, Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies, Easter Bush Veterinary Centre, Division of Veterinary Clinical Studies, University of Edinburgh, Hospital for Small Animals, Roslin, Midlothian EH25 9RG, UK
J Vet Intern Med 23:926-30. 2009..Serum cardiac troponin I (cTnI) concentrations are increased in cattle with pericarditis, but the utility of measuring serum cTnI concentrations in cattle with suspected pericarditis in cattle remains unclear...
- Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery: experience with 341 casesM Celik
Department of Chest Surgery, Heybeliada Chest Disease and Chest Surgery Center, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 14:113-6. 1998Until recently, thoracoscopy had been used primarily for diagnostic purposes for more than 80 years in thoracic diseases. In this report we reviewed our video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery experience with 341 cases focusing on ..
- Open tube thoracoscopy: does it have a role in modern thoracic surgery?J D Urschel
Department of Surgery, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
J Laparoendosc Surg 4:37-9. 1994To determine the role of open tube thoracoscopy in the diagnosis and management of thoracic diseases, a retrospective review of 48 patients was conducted. A mediastinoscope was used for open tube thoracoscopy...
- [Acceptance and long-term results of home mechanical ventilation in various thoracic diseases]B Schucher
Zentrum für Pneumologie und Thoraxchirugie, Krankenhaus Grosshansdorf
Med Klin (Munich) 94:22-6. 1999..Home mechanical ventilation (HMV) is an important therapy for patients with respiratory insufficiency on the basis of neuromuscular diseases (NMD), chest wall deformities (CWD) and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- [Clinical application of video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery]Xiang Wang
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, China
Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 31:284-7. 2006..To explore the clinical application of video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS)...
- Video assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS) in Asia--its impact and implicationsA P Yim
Department of Surgery, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong
Aust N Z J Med 27:156-9. 1997..Within a short period of time, video assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS) has revolutionised the practice of thoracic surgery. Most of the existing literature, however, is concentrated on the technical aspects...
- Thoracoscopy in the horse: diagnostic and therapeutic indications in 28 casesA M Vachon
Chino Valley Equine Hospital, California 91710, USA
Equine Vet J 30:467-75. 1998..Thoracoscopy is a safe and useful diagnostic and therapeutic tool in horses with thoracic diseases.
- Medical devices of the chestTim B Hunter
Department of Radiology, University of Arizona College of Medicine, 1501 N Campbell Ave, PO Box 245067, Tucson, AZ 85724 5067, USA
Radiographics 24:1725-46. 2004..visible at standard chest radiography, and many ancillary devices not intended for treatment of cardiac or thoracic diseases are visible on chest radiographs...
- Noninvasive positive pressure home ventilation in restrictive disorders: outcome and impact on health-related quality of lifeD Nauffal
Servicio de Neumologia, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Respir Med 96:777-83. 2002..arterial blood gases, dyspnea and health-related quality of life (HRQL) in patients with restrictive thoracic diseases. Whether these changes persist during the follow-up remains unclear...
- [Clinical aspects of pulmonary tuberculosis in elderly patients from a university hospital in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil]João Paulo Cantalice Filho
Instituto de Doenças do Tórax, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
J Bras Pneumol 33:699-706. 2007..To evaluate clinical aspects and the diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis (PT) in the aged...
- [The status of surgical thoracoscopy in thoracic surgery]A Linder
Abteilung Thoraxchirurgie, Zentrum fur Pneumologie und Thoraxchirurgie, Klinik Schillerhöhe, Gerlingen
Chirurg 65:687-92. 1994..surgery is viewed as a sparing and safe alternative to thoracotomy for a wide spectrum of benign thoracic diseases. However the loss of palpation as well as the insufficiency of complete mediastinal lymphadenectomy are ..
- [Analysis of the treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis in elderly patients at a university hospital in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil]João Paulo Cantalice Filho
Instituto de Doenças do Tórax, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
J Bras Pneumol 33:691-8. 2007..To describe the clinical and therapeutic aspects of pulmonary tuberculosis and compare the adverse effects of the treatment and its outcome in elderly and nonelderly patients...
- [Clinicopathological aspects of and survival in patients with clinical stage I bronchioloalveolar carcinoma]Daniel Sammartino Brandão
Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
J Bras Pneumol 36:167-74. 2010..To analyze the clinicopathological aspects of bronchioloalveolar carcinoma (BAC) and the survival in a sample of patients at clinical stage I...
- Prednisolone: a beneficial and safe adjunct to antituberculosis treatment? A randomized controlled trialS Bilaceroglu
Department of Thoracic Medicine, Izmir Chest Diseases and Surgery Training Hospital, Turkey
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 3:47-54. 1999A referral centre for thoracic diseases in Izmir, Turkey, 1992-1995.
- Video-assisted cervical mediastinoscopy: our seven-year experienceElias A Karfis
Department of Thoracic Surgery, G Hatzikosta General Hospital of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 7:1015-8. 2008Mediastinal exploration is a common procedure used for the diagnosis of the thoracic diseases and the staging of lung cancer...
- Thoracic high resolution computed tomography (HRCT) in asthmaD Machado
Immunoallergy Department, Coimbra University Hospital, Coimbra, Portugal
Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol 41:139-45. 2009High-resolution computed tomography (HRCT) is a widespread medical imaging method for the study of thoracic diseases. In asthma it is very useful particularly when it is difficult to achieve an effective control of disease, and in severe ..
- Usefulness of contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging for evaluating solitary pulmonary nodulesKiminori Fujimoto
Department of Radiology, Kurume University School of Medicine and Center for Diagnostic Imaging, Kurume University Hospital, 67 Asahi Machi, Kurume, Fukuoka, 830 0011 Japan
Cancer Imaging 8:36-44. 2008..resonance imaging (MRI) for SPNs remains limited, considerable experience has been gained with MRI of thoracic diseases. Dynamic MRI and dynamic CT are useful for differentiating between malignant and benign SPNs (especially ..
- Thorax: new millennium vascular imagingAntonio Orlacchio
Dipartimento di Diagnostica per Immagini e Radiologia Interventistica, Policlinico Università Tor Vergata, Roma
Radiol Med 108:1-16. 2004..In this paper we analyse the most important CT and MR applications for the study of vascular thoracic diseases and compare them with other diagnostic techniques...
- The perioperative complications for elderly patients with lung cancer associated with a pulmonary resection under general anesthesiaRyuichi Suemitsu
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Clinical Research Institute, National Hospital Organization, Kyushu Medical Center, Fukuoka, Japan
J Thorac Oncol 4:193-7. 2009..Surgery for elderly patients with lung cancer is relatively common due to the increasing elderly population. This study evaluated the perioperative complications associated with surgery in patients over 70 years of age with lung cancer...
- [Effect of intermittent ventilation on pulmonary hypertension in chronic respiratory failure]B Schonhofer
Krankenhaus Kloster Grafschaft, Zentrum fur Pneumologie, Beatmungs und Schlafmedizin, Schmallenberg Grafschaft
Pneumologie 53:S113-5. 1999..We investigated 20 patients with restrictive thoracic diseases (Post-TBC: n = 9, scoliosis: n = 11, PaCO2: 59.8 +/- 7.6 mmHg) and 13 patients with COPD (n = 13, PaCO2: 58...
- [Optimal screening tool for thoracic diseases: chest X ray or CT?]M Remy-Jardin
Hopital Calmette, boulevard du General Leclerc, 59037 Lille Cedex
J Radiol 82:1108-18. 2001..Nevertheless, conventional chest radiography often remains the first examination performed for evaluation of thoracic diseases and, irrespective of clinical indication, it plays an important role in screening procedures...
- Review of video-assisted thoracoscopy in childrenS N Oak
Department of Pediatric Surgery, TNMC and BYL Nair Hospital, Mumbai Central, Mumbai, India
J Minim Access Surg 5:57-62. 2009Open thoracotomy is the standard procedure for various thoracic diseases against which other procedures are compared...
- [Noninvasive mechanical ventilation in patients with stable severe COPD]B Schucher
Krankenhaus Grosshansdorf, Zentrum fur Pneumologie und Thoraxchirurgie, Grosshansdorf
Pneumologie 58:428-34. 2004..role of non-invasive positive pressure ventilation (NIPPV) is well documented in patients with restrictive thoracic diseases like kyphoscoliosis, tuberculosis sequelae or neuromuscular disease...
- [Video-assisted thoracoscopy and thoracic surgery: the first 50 patients]L P Perrault
Departement de Chirurgie, Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Ann Chir 47:838-43. 1993..Complications occurred in 5 patients (10%). There was one mortality. Video-assisted thoracic surgery is efficacious in the treatment of various thoracic diseases and associated with satisfactory results in selected patients.
- Tolerance and physiologic effects of nocturnal mask pressure support vs proportional assist ventilation in chronic ventilatory failureJoao Carlos Winck
Department of Pneumology, Hospital Sao Joao, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade do Porto, Porto, Portugal
Chest 126:382-8. 2004..To compare the tolerance and physiologic effects of a 5-night treatment with either nasal proportional assist ventilation (PAV) or pressure support ventilation (PSV) in patients with chronic ventilatory failure...
- The role of thoracoscopy in the management of cancer patientsMark J Krasna
St Joseph Cancer Institute, Towson, MD 21204, USA
Semin Oncol 35:129-33. 2008Thoracoscopy or video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS) has become an important tool in the management of thoracic diseases. Most thoracic procedures are first attempted using a VATS technique...
- MR imaging evaluation of disorders of the chest wallTheodore J Lee
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Magn Reson Imaging Clin N Am 16:355-79, x. 2008Chest wall lesions constitute a diverse group of thoracic diseases, including those of soft tissue and osseous origin...
- Cardiothoracic surgery at a crossroads: the impact of disruptive technologic changeDavid J Cohen
Medical Corps, United States Army retired, Alamo Cardiothoracic Surgical Associates, PA San Antonio, TX, USA
J Cardiothorac Surg 2:35. 2007..There are effective treatments including transplantation, for almost all cardiac and thoracic diseases that can be performed with low morbidity and mortality...
- Video-assisted thoracic surgery. Manipulation without trocar in 112 consecutive proceduresH P Liu
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung Medical College, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Chest 104:1452-4. 1993Since learning of the video-assisted thoracoscopic techniques in the treatment of thoracic diseases, we have encountered many problems and difficulties because of the limited trocar space and lack of suitable instrumentations...
- [CT features of right heart involvement in thoracic diseases]M Remy-Jardin
Service d Imagerie thoracique, Hopital Calmette, Boulevard Jules Leclercq, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
J Radiol 90:1819-29. 2009....
- Xiphodynia: a report of three casesJ M Howell
Department of Emergency Medicine, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, D C
J Emerg Med 10:435-8. 1992Xiphodynia is an uncommon musculoskeletal disorder that mimics a number of common abdominal and thoracic diseases. We report three cases of xiphodynia...
- Cardiopulmonary limitations to exercise in restrictive lung diseaseC C Hsia
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 9034, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 31:S28-32. 1999..Excessive dead space ventilation is common in pulmonary parenchymal, pleural, and thoracic diseases, leading to a higher minute ventilation and ventilatory work during exercise...
- Comparison of virtual and fiberoptic bronchoscopy in the management of airway stenosisZsuzsa Mark
III Pulmonology, Pest County Hospital, Pest Megye, Törökbálint, Hungary
Pathol Oncol Res 14:313-9. 2008Noninvasive imaging methods can be valuable tools for diagnosing thoracic diseases, especially malignancies...
- MDCT of 220 consecutive patients with suspected acute pulmonary embolism: incidence of pulmonary embolism and of other acute or non-acute thoracic findingsS Tresoldi
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University of Milan, San Paolo Hospital, Via A Di Rudini 8, Milan, Italy
Radiol Med 113:373-84. 2008....
- Split notochord syndrome - prenatal ultrasonographic diagnosisB Almog
Department of Obstetrics Gynecology, Lis Maternity Hospital, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Israel
Prenat Diagn 21:1159-62. 2001..Postnatal evaluation confirmed the diagnosis of split notochord syndrome. The association of sonographic findings of hydramnios, thoracic cysts and vertebral anomalies suggests prenatal diagnosis of split notochord syndrome...
- Comparison of two humidification systems for long-term noninvasive mechanical ventilationS Nava
Respiratory Unit, Fondazione S Maugeri, Via Maugeri n 10, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Eur Respir J 32:460-4. 2008..Further larger studies are required in order to confirm these findings...
- Logical Analysis of Data and Cardiac Surgery RiskEugene Blackstone; Fiscal Year: 2006..Hence, the applicability of this work goes beyond determination of risk of patients undergoing cardiac surgery. ..
- Innovative approaches for tuberculosis control in BrazilJose Roberto Lapa E Silva; Fiscal Year: 2013..to control TB in Brazil, working closely with the Brazilian TB Control Program, the Brazilian Society of Thoracic Diseases and TB, the TB Research Network (REDE-TB), and with organizations of the civil societies at the Stop TB ..
- Innovative Approaches for TB Control in BrazilJonathan E Golub; Fiscal Year: 2013..to control TB in Brazil, working closely with the Brazilian TB Control Program, the Brazilian Society of Thoracic Diseases and TB, the TB Research Network (REDE-TB), and with organizations of the civil societies at the Stop TB ..
- ASYMMETRIC DUAL SCREEN CR CHEST IMAGINGChris Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2000..of pulmonary diseases including lung cancer, interstitial lung diseases, as well as a variety of other thoracic diseases. Conventional chest radiography techniques rely on the use of a screen-film combination as the image ..
- MULTIDISCIPLINARY BASIC RESEARCH TRAINING IN CANCERJEFFREY SALISBURY; Fiscal Year: 2002..Developmental Oncology Research, Urology Research, Experimental Pathology, and Laboratory Medicine, and Thoracic Diseases Research...
- Population Based Molecular epidemiology of TuberculosisPhilip C Hopewell; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- PROSPECTIVE INVESTIGATION OF PULMONARY EMBOLISM DX-IIPaul Stein; Fiscal Year: 2003..4) The team of investigators is strong, and has collaborated previously in successful research in PE. ..
- Prospective Investigation for Pulmonary Embolism Dx IIIPaul Stein; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Microangiectasia Regulation of Lymphocyte MigrationSteven Mentzer; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Physiology of Systemic and Pulmonary MicroangiectasiasSteven Mentzer; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Nanoscale approaches to allelic silencing in myocardial disease statesEuan Ashley; Fiscal Year: 2009..This familial condition where the heart grows too thick is the most common cause of sudden death in young people and athletes. ..
- Ventricular Size and Valve Calcification Measures by CTMatthew J Budoff; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..