Genomes and Genes
Summary: INFLAMMATION of PLEURA, the lining of the LUNG. When PARIETAL PLEURA is involved, there is pleuritic CHEST PAIN.
Publications239 found, 100 shown here
- Pure MnTBAP selectively scavenges peroxynitrite over superoxide: comparison of pure and commercial MnTBAP samples to MnTE-2-PyP in two models of oxidative stress injury, an SOD-specific Escherichia coli model and carrageenan-induced pleurisyInes Batinic-Haberle
Department of Radiation Oncology, Duke University Medical School, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 46:192-201. 2009..In another model, carrageenan-induced pleurisy in mice, inflammation was evidenced by increased pleural fluid exudate and neutrophil infiltration and activation:..
- Role of cyclopentenone prostaglandins in rat carrageenin pleurisyA Ianaro
Department of Experimental Pharmacology, University of Naples Federico II, Via Domenico Montesano 49, 80131 Naples, Italy
FEBS Lett 508:61-6. 2001In this study, using rat carrageenin-induced pleurisy, we found that treatment of rats with either indomethacin or NS-398 suppressed the pleurisy at 2 h but significantly exacerbated this reaction at 48 h...
- The effects of oleuropein aglycone, an olive oil compound, in a mouse model of carrageenan-induced pleurisyDaniela Impellizzeri
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Messina, Via C Valeria, Gazzi 98100 Messina, Italy
Clin Nutr 30:533-40. 2011..The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of oleuropein aglycone, a hydrolysis product of oleuropein, in a mouse model of carrageenan-induced pleurisy.
- A higher significance of anaerobes: the clone library analysis of bacterial pleurisyToshinori Kawanami
Department of Respiratory Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyushu, Japan
Chest 139:600-8. 2011..The aims of this study were to evaluate bacterial etiologies of bacterial pleurisy using a cultivation-independent method.
- Cyclic AMP enhances resolution of allergic pleurisy by promoting inflammatory cell apoptosis via inhibition of PI3K/Akt and NF-kappaBLirlandia P Sousa
Setor de Patologia Clínica, Colégio Técnico, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Biochem Pharmacol 78:396-405. 2009..underlying the ability of cAMP elevating agents to resolve eosinophilic inflammation in a model of allergic pleurisy in mice...
- CGS 21680, an agonist of the adenosine (A2A) receptor, decreases acute lung inflammationDaniela Impellizzeri
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Messina, Via C Valeria, Gazzi, 98100 Messina, Italy
Eur J Pharmacol 668:305-16. 2011..1mg/kgi.p.), an agonist of the adenosine (A(2A)) receptor, in a mouse model of carrageenan-induced pleurisy. Injection of carrageenan into the pleural cavity of mice elicited an acute inflammatory response characterised ..
- Anti-Inflammatory effects of low-level laser therapy (660 nm) in the early phase in carrageenan-induced pleurisy in ratEmerson S Boschi
Laboratório de Pesquisa em Biofísica Celular e Inflamação, Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio Grande do Sul PUCRS, Av Ipiranga 6681 prédio 12C sala 263, CEP 90619 900 Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Lasers Surg Med 40:500-8. 2008In the classic model of pleurisy there is little evidence about the anti-inflammatory effects of low-level laser therapy (LLLT) as well the dosage characteristics, such as wavelength, total energy, number and pattern of treatment...
- The protective role of endogenous estrogens in carrageenan-induced lung injury in the ratS Cuzzocrea
Institute of Pharmacology, University of Messina, Italy
Mol Med 7:478-87. 2001..Here we investigate the effects of endogenous estrogens in rats subjected to carrageenan-induced pleurisy.
- Additional evidence of acute anti-inflammatory effects of cyclosporin A in a murine model of pleurisyEduardo Monguilhott Dalmarco
Department of Clinical Analysis, Center of Health Sciences, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Campus Universitario Trindade, 88040 970 Florianopolis, SC, Brazil
Transpl Immunol 12:151-7. 2004..It is well known that cyclosporin A (CsA) exhibits important anti-inflammatory effects, besides its immunosuppressive activity. However, the mechanisms by which CsA exerts these effects remain unclear...
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects of products from Croton celtidifolius Bailon on carrageenan-induced pleurisy in ratsG M Nardi
Area de Ciências Biológicas e da Saúde, ACBS, Universidade do Oeste de Santa Catarina UNOESC, Joacaba, SC, Brazil
Phytomedicine 14:115-22. 2007..superoxide dismutase (SOD) activity and superoxide anion production) parameters in carrageenan-induced pleurisy in rats. NO production was also measured by nitrite/nitrate levels...
- Antioxidant effects of mycophenolate mofetil in a murine pleurisy modelEduardo Monguilhott Dalmarco
Department of Pharmaceutical Science, Health Sciences Center, University Regional of Blumenau, Itoupava Seca, Blumenau, SC 89000 030, Brazil
Transpl Immunol 22:12-7. 2009..and exudation, as well as myeloperoxidase and some antioxidant enzyme activities using carrageenan-induced pleurisy in mice. Our results showed that MMF significantly decreased leukocyte influx (P<0.01), exudation (P<0...
- Indicaxanthin from cactus pear fruit exerts anti-inflammatory effects in carrageenin-induced rat pleurisyMario Allegra
Department of Biological, Chemical, and Pharmaceutical Sciences and Technologies, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
J Nutr 144:185-92. 2014..Miller) in a rat model of acute inflammation. Rat pleurisy was achieved by injection of 0...
- Effects of combination of melatonin and dexamethasone on acute lung injury in a mice model of carrageenan-induced pleurisyConcetta Crisafulli
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Messina, Messina, Italy
J Pineal Res 41:228-37. 2006..investigated the effects of combination therapy in animal models of acute lung inflammation (carrageenan-induced pleurisy)...
- Proteinase-activated receptor-4 plays a major role in the recruitment of neutrophils induced by trypsin or carrageenan during pleurisy in miceL F Gomides
Departamento de Farmacologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Pharmacology 89:275-82. 2012....
- PPAR-gamma agonist rosiglitazone attenuates the inflammation caused by carrageenan in the mouse model of pleurisyZiliani da Silva Buss
Department of Clinical Analysis, Center of Health Sciences, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Florianopolis, Santa Catarina, Brazil
Inflammation 35:280-8. 2012The aim of this study was to investigate the anti-inflammatory efficacy of rosiglitazone (ROSI) in a pleurisy model of carrageenan-induced inflammation...
- A case of pleurisy associated with antibodies to Rickettsia conoriiS Alexiou-Daniel
First Department of Microbiology, School of Medicine, Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki 54006, Greece
Clin Microbiol Infect 9:437-40. 2003..Conorii infection, which concerns a farmer with clinical, radiological and cytological findings of pleurisy without evidence of malignancy. An elevated antibody titre for R...
- The role of CCL22 (MDC) for the recruitment of eosinophils during allergic pleurisy in miceVanessa Pinho
Immunopharmacology, Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, ICB, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
J Leukoc Biol 73:356-62. 2003..However, in an allergic pleurisy model, an anti-CCL22 polyclonal antibody given during sensitization or before challenge had no significant effect ..
- 17beta-estradiol antiinflammatory activity in carrageenan-induced pleurisyS Cuzzocrea
Institute of Pharmacology, University of Messina, Italy
Endocrinology 141:1455-63. 2000..We conclude that E2 attenuates the degree of inflammation and tissue damage associated with carrageenan-induced pleurisy in the rat.
- The modulatory role played by TNF-alpha and IL-1 beta in the inflammatory responses induced by carrageenan in the mouse model of pleurisyT S Fröde
Department of Pharmacology, Center of Biological Sciences, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Florianopolis, SC, 88015 420, Brazil
Cytokine 13:162-8. 2001..total and differential cell migration at 4 h, while having little or no effect on the late (48 h) phase of the Cg pleurisy. These findings extend previous results and demonstrate that the pro-inflammatory cytokines TNF-alpha and IL-..
- Requirement of L-selectin for gammadelta T lymphocyte activation and migration during allergic pleurisy: co-relation with eosinophil accumulationMaria Fernanda S Costa
Laboratório de Farmacologia Aplicada, Departamento de Farmacologia Aplicada, Farmanguinhos, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Int Immunopharmacol 9:303-12. 2009..Such results demonstrate that CD62L is crucial for the activation of gammadelta T cells in lymph nodes, for their migration into inflamed tissue and for the modulation of eosinophil influx during allergic response...
- CXCL12 as a biological marker for the diagnosis of tuberculous pleurisySatoshi Kohmo
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Allergy and Rheumatic Diseases, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Tuberculosis (Edinb) 92:248-52. 2012..To determine the clinical efficacy of CXCL12 as a diagnostic marker for tuberculous (TB) pleurisy, we measured CXCL12 concentration in pleural fluid and serum from patients with various etiologies...
- [Incidence and impact of HIV infection among patients with bacterial pleurisy in Lomé (Togo)]A Y Dagnra
Microbiologie, Universite de Lome, BP 81056, Lome, Togo
Med Mal Infect 34:216-20. 2004..hospital in Lomé (Togo) to determine the incidence and the impact of HIV among patients with bacterial pleurisy. Two hundred cases of bacterial pleurisy were consecutively included over 17 months...
- Non-tuberculous mycobacterial pleurisy: an 8-year single-centre experience in TaiwanC C Shu
Department of Traumatology, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 14:635-41, 4 p following 641. 2010To investigate the clinical characteristics and outcomes of patients with pleurisy due to non-tuberculous mycobacteria (NTM), which are currently unclear.
- GW0742, a high-affinity PPAR -beta/delta agonist, inhibits acute lung injury in miceRosanna Di Paola
IRCCS Centro Neurolesi Bonino Pulejo, University of Messina, Italy
Shock 33:426-35. 2010..the effects of a high-affinity PPAR-beta/delta agonist, GW0742, in a mouse model of carrageenan (CAR)-induced pleurisy. Injection of CAR into the pleural cavity of mice elicited an acute inflammatory response characterized by ..
- Effect of combination of nitric oxide synthase and cyclooxygenase inhibitors on carrageenan-induced pleurisy in ratsYasue Sakaguchi
Fuji Biomedix, Co Ltd, Yamanashi Prefecture 408 0044, Japan
Life Sci 79:442-7. 2006..IND), a non-selective COX inhibitor and a combination of these agents (L-NAME+IND) on carrageenan-induced pleurisy in rats...
- Anti-inflammatory action of a phosphatidylcholine, phosphatidylethanolamine and N-acylphosphatidylethanolamine-enriched diet in carrageenan-induced pleurisyG Eros
Institute of Surgical Research, Faculty of Medicine, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
Eur Surg Res 42:40-8. 2009..We hypothesized that an increased dietary input of PC, PE and NAPE may interfere with leukocyte reactions and thus decreases the inflammatory activation...
- Esenbeckia leiocarpa Engl. inhibits inflammation in a carrageenan-induced murine model of pleurisyPatricia Pozzatti
Department of Clinical Analysis, Centre for Health Sciences, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Campus Universitario, Trindade, Florianopolis, SC, Brazil
J Pharm Pharmacol 63:1091-102. 2011..The aim of this study was to investigate the anti-inflammatory effects of the crude hydroalcoholic extract (CHE) isolated from Esenbeckia leiocarpa Engl., and fractions and subfractions derived from it...
- Infectious and rearing-system related risk factors for chronic pleuritis in slaughter pigsClaes Enøe
The National Committee for Pig Production, Danish Bacon and Meat Council, Axelborg, Axeltorv 3, DK 1609 Copenhagen V, Denmark
Prev Vet Med 54:337-49. 2002..In SPF herds, farrow-to-finish as opposed to finishing herds was associated with 47% of the occurrence of CP. Seropositivity for MYC was associated with 33% (39%) of the occurrence of CP in herds with a size > (< or =) 1,500 pigs...
- Risk factors associated with pleuritis and cranio-ventral pulmonary consolidation in slaughter-aged pigsL Fraile
Centre de Recerca en Sanitat Animal CReSA, UAB IRTA, Campus de la Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Bellaterra, Barcelona, Spain
Vet J 184:326-33. 2010..59) that cranio-ventral pulmonary consolidation lesions (EP-like lesions) were affected by the type of farm ventilation, the presence of respiratory symptoms during the fattening period and Mhyo and SIV H1N2 herd seroprevalence...
- Pleural models of inflammation: immune and nonimmuneAdrian R Moore
Celltech, Slough, UK
Methods Mol Biol 225:123-8. 2003
- The protective role of endogenous glutathione in carrageenan-induced pleurisy in the ratS Cuzzocrea
Institute of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Messina, Italy
Eur J Pharmacol 372:187-97. 1999..role of endogenous glutathione, a known free radical scavenger, in rats subjected to carrageenan-induced pleurisy. In vivo depletion of endogenous glutathione pools with L-buthionine-(S,R)-sulfoximine (BSO, 1 g/kg for 24 h, ..
- Regulation of prostaglandin production in carrageenan-induced pleurisy by melatoninS Cuzzocrea
Institute of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Messina, Italy
J Pineal Res 27:9-14. 1999..the production of the inflammatory mediator prostaglandins in a model of acute inflammation, carrageenan-induced pleurisy, where prostaglandins are known to play a crucial role. The results show that melatonin (12...
- Role of IL-6 in the pleurisy and lung injury caused by carrageenanS Cuzzocrea
Institute of Pharmacology, University of Messina School of Medicine, Italy
J Immunol 163:5094-104. 1999..Taken together, our results clearly demonstrate that IL-6KO mice are more resistant to the acute inflammation of the lung caused by carrageenan injection into the pleural space than the corresponding WT mice...
- A cross-sectional study of risk factors associated with pulmonary lesions in pigs at slaughterTom Meyns
Department of Bacteriology, Pathology and Poultry Diseases, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, Salisburylaan 133, 9820 Merelbeke, Belgium
Vet J 187:388-92. 2011..001) and the frequent purchasing of pigs (P = 0.020). The findings of this study indicate that the prevalence of pleuritis and pneumonia remains high in Belgium and management factors are central to disease control...
- Anti-inflammatory evaluation of Coronopus didymus in the pleurisy and paw oedema models in miceTereza Cristina Pamplona Mosimann Busnardo
Centro de Ciencias da Saude, CCS, Mestrado em Ciências Farmacêuticas Universidade do Vale do Itajaí, UNIVALI Itajaí, SC, Brazil
J Ethnopharmacol 128:519-25. 2010..The aim of this study was: to investigate the anti-inflammatory effect of hydroalcoholic extract obtained from the leaves of CD following the traditional procedure...
- Characterization of the receptor and the mechanisms underlying the inflammatory response induced by des-Arg9-BK in mouse pleurisyR M Vianna
Department of Pharmacology, Centre of Biological Sciences, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, , Brazil
Br J Pharmacol 123:281-91. 1998..t.) administration of des-Arg9-bradykinin (BK) in the mouse model of pleurisy, was investigated. 2 An i.t...
- Antiinflammatory effects of Tacrolimus in a mouse model of pleurisyRobson Pereira
Department of Medical Science, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Campus Universitario Trindade, 88040 970, Florianopolis, SC, Brazil
Transpl Immunol 16:105-11. 2006..Tacrolimus is an antibiotic macrolide with immunosuppressant properties isolated from Streptomyces tsukubaensis...
- Beneficial effects of Mn(III)tetrakis (4-benzoic acid) porphyrin (MnTBAP), a superoxide dismutase mimetic, in carrageenan-induced pleurisyS Cuzzocrea
Institute of Pharmacology, University of Messina, Italy
Free Radic Biol Med 26:25-33. 1999..dismutase mimetic that possesses peroxynitrite scavenging effect, in rats subjected to carrageenan-induced pleurisy. In vivo treatment with MnTBAP (3 and 10 mg/kg 5 min before carrageenan) prevented in a dose-dependent manner the ..
- Increased pleural soluble fas ligand (sFasL) levels in tuberculosis pleurisy and its relation with T-helper type 1 cytokinesFerah Budak
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Immunology Unit, Uludag University Faculty of Medicine, 16059, Bursa, Turkey
Lung 186:337-43. 2008Tuberculosis (TB) pleurisy is accepted to be the best model for evaluating the local protective cellular immune response to Mycobacterium tuberculosis (MTB) since it can be spontaneously self-cured...
- Green tea polyphenol extract attenuates lung injury in experimental model of carrageenan-induced pleurisy in miceRosanna Di Paola
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Pharmacology, Torre Biologica, Policlinico Universitario, Messina, Italy
Respir Res 6:66. 2005..we investigate the effects of the green tea extract in an animal model of acute inflammation, carrageenan-induced pleurisy. We report here that green tea extract (given at 25 mg/kg i.p...
- Anti-inflammatory evaluation of Solidago chilensis Meyen in a murine model of pleurisyStella Goulart
Department of Clinical Analysis, Centre of Health Sciences, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Campus Universitario Trindade, 88040 970 Florianopolis, SC, Brazil
J Ethnopharmacol 113:346-53. 2007..aqueous extracts obtained from rhizomes, leaves and inflorescences of Solidago chilensis in the mouse model of pleurisy. The extracts were prepared by infusion and were lyophilized...
- Cytokines in pleural liquid for diagnosis of tuberculous pleurisyY Yamada
The First Department of Internal Medicine, Nagoya City University School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Respir Med 95:577-81. 2001..deaminase (ADA) in pleural liquid has been considered as a supplemental diagnostic marker for tuberculous pleurisy. However, this is complicated by false-positives and -negatives...
- Cyclo-oxygenase and nitric oxide synthase isoforms in rat carrageenin-induced pleurisyA Tomlinson
Department of Experimental Pathology, William Harvey Research Institute, St Bartholomew s Hospital Medical College, London
Br J Pharmacol 113:693-8. 1994..of cyclo-oxygenase (COX) and nitric oxide synthase (NOS) isoforms were determined in the rat carrageenin-induced pleurisy model of acute inflammation. 2...
- Bilateral massive bloody pleurisy complicated by angiosarcomaYukiko Moriya
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Tokyo Metropolitan Geriatric Hospital
Intern Med 46:125-8. 2007We report a case of angiosarcoma complicated by bilateral massive bloody pleurisy (hematocrit of 7.2%) in an 83-year-old woman. An autopsy revealed hemorrhagic tumors infiltrating both the diaphragm and serosal surface of the peritoneum...
- PleurisySara M Kass
Department of Family Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland 20814, USA
Am Fam Physician 75:1357-64. 2007..When these other significant causes of pleuritic pain have been excluded, the diagnosis of pleurisy can be made. There are numerous causes of pleurisy, with viral pleurisy among the most common...
- Cyclosporin A inhibits CD11a/CD18 adhesion molecules due to inhibition of TNFalpha and IL-1 beta levels in the mouse model of pleurisy induced by carrageenanEduardo Monguilhott Dalmarco
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Regional University of Blumenau, Itoupava Seca, Blumenau, Santa Catarina, Brazil
Cell Adh Migr 2:231-5. 2008The mouse model of pleurisy induced by carrageenan is characterized by a significant enhancement of cell migration due to neutrophils 4 h after pleurisy induction...
- Pharmacological manipulation of the inflammatory cascade by the superoxide dismutase mimetic, M40403D Salvemini
MetaPhore Pharmaceuticals, 1910 Innerbelt Business Center Drive, St Louis, Missouri, MO 63114, USA
Br J Pharmacol 132:815-27. 2001..For this purpose, the pharmacological profile of M40403 was evaluated in carrageenan-induced pleurisy. 3...
- Effects of methotrexate upon inflammatory parameters induced by carrageenan in the mouse model of pleurisyEduardo Monguilhott Dalmarco
Department of Clinical Analysis, Center of Health Sciences, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Campus Universitario Trindade, 88040 970, Florianopolis, SC, Brazil
Mediators Inflamm 11:299-306. 2002The model of pleurisy induced by carrageenan exhibits a biphasic response (4 and 48 h) and permits the quantification of exudate, cell migration and certain enzymes such as myeloperoxidase (MPO) and adenosine-deaminase (ADA) that are ..
- Pulmonary sarcoidosis with associated bloody pleurisyMegumi Watarai
Department of Internal Medicine, Fujimi Kogen Hospital, Fujimi machi
Intern Med 41:1021-3. 2002..Serum angiotensin-II-converting enzyme and lysozyme levels were elevated. Since thoracentesis indicated bloody pleurisy, video-assisted thoracoscopy was performed and revealed multiple white nodules on both the visceral and parietal ..
- Imidapril-induced eosinophilic pleurisy. Case report and review of the literatureHiromichi Yoshida
Internal Medicine, San ai Soga Memorial Hospital, Chiba, Japan
Respiration 72:423-6. 2005We describe an unusual case of a patient with eosinophilic pleurisy associated with long-term administration of imidapril, an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor (ACEI)...
- Effects of tempol, a membrane-permeable radical scavenger, in a rodent model of carrageenan-induced pleurisyS Cuzzocrea
Institute of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Messina, Torre Biologica, Policlinico Universitario Via C Valeria, Gazzi 98100, Messina, Italy
Eur J Pharmacol 390:209-22. 2000..the effects of tempol, a membrane-permeable radical scavenger, in rats subjected to carrageenan-induced pleurisy. Treatment of rats with tempol (10, 30, or 100 mg/kg 15 min prior to carrageenan) attenuated the pleural ..
- The value of pleural fluid anti-A60 IgM in BCG-vaccinated tuberculous pleurisy patientsE Kunter
Department of Respiratory Diseases, GATA Camlica Chest Diseases Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Clin Microbiol Infect 9:212-20. 2003To determine if detection of IgM and IgG antibodies against mycobacterial antigen A60, together with the Mantoux tuberculin skin test (TST), could be used in the diagnosis of tuberculous pleurisy (TP) in BCG-vaccinated cases.
- Pleural fluid and serum procalcitonin as diagnostic tools in tuberculous pleurisyErdinc Cakir
Department of Emergency Medicine, Laboratory of Biochemistry, Gulhane School of Medicine, Etlik, Ankara 06010, Turkey
Clin Biochem 38:234-8. 2005..We investigated the use of procalcitonin (PCT) concentration in tuberculous pleuritis diagnosis...
- The protective role of endogenous melatonin in carrageenan-induced pleurisy in the ratS Cuzzocrea
Institute of Pharmacology, University of Messina, Italy
FASEB J 13:1930-8. 1999..the effects of endogenous melatonin, a known scavenger of peroxynitrite, in rats subjected to carrageenan-induced pleurisy. Endogenous melatonin was depleted in rats maintained on 24 h light cycle for 1 wk...
- The role of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPAR-alpha) in the regulation of acute inflammationSalvatore Cuzzocrea
Dipartment Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Messina Torre Biologica, Policlinico Universitario, Italy
J Leukoc Biol 79:999-1010. 2006..question, we used two animal models of acute inflammation (carrageenan-induced paw edema and carrageenan-induced pleurisy)...
- [Pharmacokinetic study of penetration of meropenem into pleural effusion in patients with pleurisy]Junko Makino
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Kyoritsu College of Pharmacy
Jpn J Antibiot 55:77-88. 2002Complication by secondary infection is observed in not only bacterial pleurisy but also other pleurisy, and the appropriate administration of antibacterial agents is necessary...
- Pharmacokinetic study of pleural fluid penetration of carbapenem antibiotic agents in chemical pleurisyToshiaki Niwa
Department of Internal Medicine and Bioregulation, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Mizuho ku, Nagoya 467 8602, Japan
Respir Med 100:324-31. 2006..agents [imipenem (IPM), panipenem (PAPM), meropenem (MEPM), and biapenem (BIPM)] using an experimental rabbit pleuritis model to clarify the usefulness of the carbapenem agents for the treatment of bacterial pleurisy or pyothorax.
- Protective effects of Celecoxib on lung injury and red blood cells modification induced by carrageenan in the ratSalvatore Cuzzocrea
Institute of Pharmacology, University of Messina, Messina, Italy
Biochem Pharmacol 63:785-95. 2002..Therefore, selective inhibitor of COX-2 such as Celecoxib, offers a therapeutic approach for the management of various inflammatory diseases...
- Concurrent evolution and resolution in an acute inflammatory model of rat carrageenin-induced pleurisyNaoki Murai
Department of Mediator and Signal Transduction Pharmacology, Kitasato University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
J Leukoc Biol 73:456-63. 2003..course of neutrophil apoptosis and the following ingestion by mononuclear leukocytes in rat carrageenin-induced pleurisy, detecting DNA fragmentation by the deoxyuridine triphosphate-biotin nick-end labeling (TUNEL) method, by ..
- A novel effect for annexin 1-derived peptide ac2-26: reduction of allergic inflammation in the ratChristianne Bandeira-Melo
Department of Physiology and Pharmacodinamics, Oswaldo Cruz Institute, Oswaldo Cruz Foundation, Manguinhos, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 313:1416-22. 2005..In the current study, we report the effectiveness of the peptide Ac2-26 as an antiallergic tool in a model of rat pleurisy and provide indication for some of the mechanisms involved...
- [Purulent pleurisy due to lactococcus lactis cremoris]A Mofredj
Rev Mal Respir 23:485-6. 2006
- Myeloperoxidase and adenosine-deaminase levels in the pleural fluid leakage induced by carrageenan in the mouse model of pleurisyT S Fröde
Department of Clinical Analysis, Center of Health Sciences, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Florianopolis, SC, Brazil
Mediators Inflamm 10:223-7. 2001..Although myeloperoxidase (MPO) and adenosine-deaminase (ADA) levels are markers of activated leukocytes, both enzymes have not been currently addressed in inflammation models...
- Role of TNF alpha, IL-1, and IL-1ra in the mediation of leukocyte infiltration and increased vascular permeability in rabbits with LPS-induced pleurisyS Edamitsu
Department of Pathology, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Japan
Clin Immunol Immunopathol 75:68-74. 1995..role in the mediation of leukocyte infiltration and increased vascular permeability in rabbits with LPS-induced pleurisy. The leukocyte infiltration was largely mediated by both TNF alpha and IL-1 and could be divided into at least ..
- Effect of novel selective non-peptide kinin B(1) receptor antagonists on mouse pleurisy induced by carrageenanRobson Costa
Department of Pharmacology, Centre of Biological Sciences, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Campus Universitario, Trindade, 88049 900 Florianopolis, SC, Brazil
Peptides 27:2967-75. 2006..receptor antagonists, the benzodiazepine antagonist and SSR240612, were evaluated in carrageenan-induced mouse pleurisy. The peptide R-715 (0.5 mg/kg, i.p.) and the non-peptide benzodiazepine (3 mg/kg, i.p...
- Human herpesvirus 6 (HHV-6)-associated pleurisy after unrelated cord blood transplantation in children with chemotherapy-resistant malignant LymphomaAiko Suminoe
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 29:709-12. 2007..Both of them suffered from pleurisy with and without interstitial pneumonitis after transplantation...
- Superoxide-related signaling cascade mediates nuclear factor-kappaB activation in acute inflammationSalvatore Cuzzocrea
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Pharmacology, Torre Biologica, Policlinico Universitario, 98123 Messina, Italy
Antioxid Redox Signal 6:699-704. 2004..These data confirm that M40403 exerts a potent antiinflammatory activity and clearly demonstrate that the reduction of the inflammatory process is associated with modification of the activation of signal transduction pathways...
- Extract of the bristles of Dirphia sp. increases nitric oxide in a rat pleurisy modelA Lunardelli
Laboratório de Pesquisa em Biofísica, Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio Grande do Sul PUCRS, Av Ipiranga 6681 prédio 12C sala 263, CEP 90619 900, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Inflamm Res 55:129-35. 2006..In the present study we assessed the inflammatory potential of venom obtained from caterpillar genus Dirphia in an acute model of lung injury...
- [Familial infestation of Paragonimus westermani with peritonitis and pleurisy]Hee Jung Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Konyang University College of Medicine, Daejeon, Korea
Korean J Gastroenterol 46:242-6. 2005..They were treated with praziquantel and their symptoms improved rapidly over 2 days. Both patients were asymptomatic at a follow-up visit 2 months later...
- Chronic pleuritis in Danish slaughter pig herdsA Cleveland-Nielsen
Department of Animal Science and Animal Health, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Grønnegaardsvej 8, DK 1870 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Prev Vet Med 55:121-35. 2002..Two factors protected against CP: feeding with only dry feed and practising all-in-all-out production...
- Spontaneous effects of low-level laser therapy (650 nm) in acute inflammatory mouse pleurisy induced by carrageenanRodrigo Alvaro Brandao Lopes-Martins
Research Group of Laser and Inflammation, Instituto de Pesquisa and Desenvolvimento, Universidade do Valedo Paraíba, Urbanova, Sao Jose dos Campos, SP, Brazil
Photomed Laser Surg 23:377-81. 2005Our aim was to investigate the effect of low-level laser therapy (LLLT), 650-nm wavelength, on acute inflammatory pleurisy.
- The role of kinin B1 in the plasma extravasation of carrageenin-induced pleurisyIzumi Hayashi
Department of Pharmacology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara shi, Kanagawa, Japan
Life Sci 70:937-49. 2002..of des-Arg9-bradykinin (des-Arg9-BK) and kinin B1 receptor in the plasma extravasation of rat carrageenin-induced pleurisy was investigated employing B1 receptor agonist and antagonists and kininogen-deficient rats...
- Beneficial effects of raxofelast (IRFI 016), a new hydrophilic vitamin E-like antioxidant, in carrageenan-induced pleurisyS Cuzzocrea
Institute of Pharmacology, University of Messina, Piazza XX Settembre no 4, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 126:407-14. 1999..of raxofelast, a new hydrophilic vitamin E-like antioxidant agent, in rats subjected to carrageenan-induced pleurisy. 2...
- Inducible cyclooxygenase-derived 15-deoxy(Delta)12-14PGJ2 brings about acute inflammatory resolution in rat pleurisy by inducing neutrophil and macrophage apoptosisDerek W Gilroy
Department of Experimental Pathology, William Harvey Research Institute, St Bartholomew s and the Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London EC1M 6BQ, UK
FASEB J 17:2269-71. 2003..In an acute pleurisy, polymorphonuclear leukocytes (PMNs) were found to predominate at the onset of the lesion but decreased in number ..
- Effect of anti-inflammatory drugs on pleurisy induced by latex of Calotropis procera in ratsYatin M Shivkar
Department of Pharmacology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110 029, India
Pharmacol Res 50:335-40. 2004In present study, we have characterized the inflammation induced by latex of Calotropis procera in the rat pleurisy model and evaluated the effect of various inhibitors of inflammatory mediators...
- The effects of IL-6 and IL-10 and their specific antibodies in the acute inflammatory responses induced by carrageenan in the mouse model of pleurisyTânia S Fröde
Department of Clinical Analysis, Centre of Health Sciences, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, 88015 420, Florianopolis, SC, Brazil
Cytokine 17:149-56. 2002..total and differential leukocyte influx, but significantly increased exudation according to assessment 4 h after pleurisy induction by Cg (P<0.01)...
- [Profile-effect on quality control of Houttuynia cordata injection]Hong Mei Lu
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Central South University, Changsha 410083, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 40:1147-50. 2005..To find corresponding relationship between the fingerprint of Houttuynia cordata injections from different factories and their effects...
- Reduced infiltration and increased apoptosis of leukocytes at sites of inflammation by systemic administration of a membrane-permeable IkappaBalpha repressorNathan M Blackwell
Bone and Joint Research Unit, William Harvey Research Institute, Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of London, London, UK
Arthritis Rheum 50:2675-84. 2004....
- Pharmacological profile of 4-(2',4'-difluorobiphenyl-4-yl)-2-methylbutyric acid (deoxoflobufen)Petr Bulej
IVAX Pharmaceuticals, R and D, Opava Komárov, Czech Republic
Arzneimittelforschung 55:466-72. 2005..Anti-inflammatory and antiarthritic effects are fully comparable with those of flobufen, however, the compound is less toxic and has apparently stronger immunomodulating effects...
- Increased carrageenan-induced acute lung inflammation in old ratsEmanuela Corsini
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Immunology 115:253-61. 2005..Indeed, we found decreased cAMP-responsive element binding protein (CREB) and phosphorous-CREB (P-CREB) expression in old rats, which may account for reduced IL-10 production in old rats...
- Effect of total phenolics from Laggera alata on acute and chronic inflammation modelsYihang Wu
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Natural Drug Research, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310031, China
J Ethnopharmacol 108:243-50. 2006..In the carrageenan-induced rat pleurisy model, TPLA significantly suppressed inflammatory exudate and leukocyte migration, reduced the serum levels of ..
- Proinflammatory role of glucocorticoid-induced TNF receptor-related gene in acute lung inflammationSalvatore Cuzzocrea
Dipartimento Clinico e Sperimentale di Medicina e Farmacologia, Torre Biologica, Policlinico Universitario, 98123 Messina, Italy
J Immunol 177:631-41. 2006..GITR(-/-)) mice, we analyzed the role of GITR in the development of carrageenan-induced lung inflammation (pleurisy) by studying several proinflammatory markers 2-8 h after carrageenan injection...
- Suppression of inflammatory responses to 12-O-tetradecanoyl-phorbol-13-acetate and carrageenin by YM-26734, a selective inhibitor of extracellular group II phospholipase A2A Miyake
Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, Dept, Yamanouchi Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 110:447-53. 1993....
- Puqienine F, a novel veratramine alkaloid from the bulbs of Fritillaria puqiensisHui Jun Li
Key Laboratory of Modern Chinese Medicines, Ministry of Education, Nanjing 210038, China
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 54:722-4. 2006..D. Yu et G. Y. Chen (Liliaceae). The structure was elucidated by extensive spectral and X-ray crystallographic analyses...
- Tempol reduces the activation of nuclear factor-kappaB in acute inflammationSalvatore Cuzzocrea
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Pharmacology, Torre Biologica, Policlinico Universitario, 98123 Messina, Italy
Free Radic Res 38:813-9. 2004..These data confirm that Tempol exerts potent anti-inflammatory properties and clearly demonstrates for the first time that Tempol reduces the activation of NF-kappaB in vivo...
- Resident pleural macrophages are key orchestrators of neutrophil recruitment in pleural inflammationJean Francois Cailhier
Phagocyte Laboratory, MRC Center for Inflammation Research, University of Edinburgh, Teviot Place, Edinburgh, UK, EH8 9AG
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 173:540-7. 2006..The role played by resident pleural macrophages in the initiation of pleural inflammation is currently unclear...
- Inhibitory effects of proanthocyanidins from Ribes nigrum leaves on carrageenin acute inflammatory reactions induced in ratsNancy Garbacki
Laboratoire de Physiologie Humaine, CHU, Tour 3, Universite de Liege, Avenue de l Hopital, 3, B 4000 Sart Tilman, Belgium
BMC Pharmacol 4:25. 2004The anti-inflammatory effects of proanthocyanidins (PACs), isolated from blackcurrant (Ribes nigrum L.) leaves, were analysed using carrageenin-induced paw oedema and carrageenin-induced pleurisy in rats.
- Effects of ethanol and water extracts of propolis (bee glue) on acute inflammatory animal modelsFuliang Hu
College of Animal Science, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, China
J Ethnopharmacol 100:276-83. 2005..models with respect to thoracic capillary vessel leakage in mice, carrageenan-induced oedema, carrageenan-induced pleurisy, acute lung damage in rats...
- Antiinflammatory and antiallodynic actions of the lignan niranthin isolated from Phyllanthus amarus. Evidence for interaction with platelet activating factor receptorCandida A L Kassuya
Department of Pharmacology, Center of Biological Sciences, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, UFSC, Florianopolis, SC, Brazil
Eur J Pharmacol 546:182-8. 2006..When assessed the mouse model of pleurisy induced by PAF, pretreatment with niranthin (100 micromol/kg, p.o.) or WEB2170 (1.7 micromol/kg, i.p...
- 5-Arylidene-2-imino-4-thiazolidinones: design and synthesis of novel anti-inflammatory agentsRosaria Ottana
Dipartimento Farmaco Chimico, Facolta di Farmacia, Universita di Messina, Viale SS Annunziata, 98168 Messina, Italy
Bioorg Med Chem 13:4243-52. 2005..exhibited significant activity levels in models of acute inflammation such as carrageenan-induced paw and pleurisy edema in rats...
- The involvement of the apoptosis-modulating proteins ERK 1/2, Bcl-xL and Bax in the resolution of acute inflammation in vivoDeborah A Sawatzky
MRC Centre for Inflammation Research, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, University of Edinburgh Medical School, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK EH16 4TJ
Am J Pathol 168:33-41. 2006..apoptosis-regulating Bcl-2 family members (ie, Bcl-x(L) and Bax) in the resolution of a rat carrageenan-induced pleurisy model...
- Anti-inflammatory activity of Sapindus trifoliatus LinnB Arul
Department of Pharmaceutics, Vinayaka Mission s College of Pharmacy, Yercaud Main Road, Salem 636008, Tamil Nadu, India
J Herb Pharmacother 4:43-50. 2004..was studied in wister rats using the carrageenan induced left hind paw edema, carrageenan induced pleurisy and cotton pellet induced granuloma model. The ethanolic extract (150 mg/kg, p.o...
- Differential activation of NF kappa B/RelA-p50 and NF kappa B/p50-p50 in control and alcohol-drinking rats subjected to carrageenin-induced pleurisyAshok K Singh
Department of Veterinary Population Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Minnesota, St Paul Campus, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
Mediators Inflamm 13:255-62. 2004Carrageenin (CAR) injection into the pleural cavity causes local inflammation called carrageenin-induced pleurisy (CAR-IP)...
- Lipoxin A4 inhibits acute edema in mice: implications for the anti-edematogenic mechanism induced by aspirinOctavio Menezes-de-Lima
Department of Pharmacology, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Campus Universitario, Trindade, Florianopolis, SC, Brazil
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 80:123-35. 2006..Finally, the present study demonstrates that ATLs exert a very important role in the acute anti-edematogenic action of ASA...
- Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors enhance the resolution of inflammation by promoting inflammatory cell apoptosisAdriano G Rossi
MRC Centre for Inflammation Research, Queen s Medical Research Institute, University of Edinburgh, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh, EH16 4TJ, UK
Nat Med 12:1056-64. 2006..markedly enhances resolution of established neutrophil-dependent inflammation in carrageenan-elicited acute pleurisy, bleomycin-induced lung injury, and passively induced arthritis in mice...
- Prostaglandin receptors EP2, EP3, and IP mediate exudate formation in carrageenin-induced mouse pleurisyKoh Ichi Yuhki
Department of Pharmacology, Asahikawa Medical College, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 311:1218-24. 2004..To examine in vivo role of PG receptors in inflammatory exudation, we induced pleurisy in PG receptors (IP, EP1, EP2, EP3, or EP4) knockout mice by intrapleural injection of carrageenin...
- Involvement of steroids in anti-inflammatory effects of PK11195 in a murine model of pleurisyMarcelo Barreto Spillere da Silva
Department of Clinical Analysis, Center of Health Sciences, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Campus Universitario, Florianopolis, SC, Brazil
Mediators Inflamm 13:93-103. 2004..Studies on peripheral benzodiazepine receptor function have yielded a diverse list of activities of which the anti-inflammatory effects need to be further examined...
- Regulation of prostaglandin generation in carrageenan-induced pleurisy by inducible nitric oxide synthase in knockout miceAntonietta Rossi
Department of Experimental Pharmacology, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
Life Sci 72:1199-208. 2003..the correlation between endogenous nitric oxide (NO) and prostaglandin (PG) generation in carrageenan-induced pleurisy. The inflammatory response in iNOSKO mice was significantly reduced in respect to iNOSWT animals, as demonstrated ..
- Acute immune and non-immune inflammatory response in spontaneously hypertensive rats and normotensive rats. Role of endogenous nitric oxideA A Ferreira
Laboratory of Inflammation, Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, University of Maringa, Maringa, Parana, Brazil
Inflammation 30:198-204. 2007..In addition, the role of endogenous nitric oxide in these responses was investigated...
- Role of TNF-alpha in lung tight junction alteration in mouse model of acute lung inflammationEmanuela Mazzon
IRCCS Centro Neurolesi Bonino Pulejo, Messina, Italy
Respir Res 8:75. 2007....
- Protective effect of Arbutus unedo aqueous extract in carrageenan-induced lung inflammation in miceSofia Mariotto
Biochemistry Division, Department of Neuroscience and Vision, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Pharmacol Res 57:110-24. 2008..This study demonstrates that acute lung inflammation is significantly attenuated by the treatment with AuE...
- Antiinflammatory investigation of some species of MikaniaE S Suyenaga
Graduate Course in Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, UFRGS, Av Iptranga 2752, 90 610 000 Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Phytother Res 16:519-23. 2002..Decoctions from the leaves and stems were analysed by the induced rat paw oedema and pleurisy models. The animals were treated orally with different decoction doses...
- HO-1 and granuloma formation in TB pleurisyVeena B Antony; Fiscal Year: 2010..and pleural macrophages from control HO-1 +/+ and HO-1 -/- mice, treated with H37Rv, in a murine model of TB pleurisy and in vitro Specific aim #2: To evaluate the regulatory role of HO-1 in apoptosis of peripheral blood monocytes ..
- TB PLEURISY & MONOCYTE TRANSMIGRATION IN AIDSVeena Antony; Fiscal Year: 2001DESCRIPTION (Adapted from the Investigator's Abstract): Infection with Mycobacterium tuberculosis and pleurisy caused by M. tuberculosis are endemic in patients with AIDS...
- HIV, Alcohol and TB PleurisyVeena Antony; Fiscal Year: 2006..Addressing these specific aims will allow us to collect important information in a resource poor society, and better understand the role of alcohol in increasing susceptibility to pleuropulmonary tuberculosis. ..
- CONTROL OF FIBRIN TURNOVER IN PLEURAL DISEASESteven Idell; Fiscal Year: 2004..This work could identify better, clinically feasible therapeutic approaches to prevent pleural fibrosis. ..
- Mechanistic Studies at the Host-pathogen InterfaceDavid McMurray; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DIETARY DEFICIENCIES AND TUBERCULOSIS VACCINE EFFICACYDavid McMurray; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..