Genomes and Genes
Summary: Neoplasms of the thin serous membrane that envelopes the lungs and lines the thoracic cavity. Pleural neoplasms are exceedingly rare and are usually not diagnosed until they are advanced because in the early stages they produce no symptoms.
Publications293 found, 100 shown here
- Phase III study of pemetrexed in combination with cisplatin versus cisplatin alone in patients with malignant pleural mesotheliomaNicholas J Vogelzang
University of Chicago, Cancer Research Center, 5841 South Maryland Ave, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:2636-44. 2003..We conducted a phase III trial to determine whether treatment with pemetrexed and cisplatin results in survival time superior to that achieved with cisplatin alone...
- Advances in malignant mesotheliomaBruce W S Robinson
School of Medicine and Pharmacology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Nedlands, Perth, Australia
N Engl J Med 353:1591-603. 2005
- Malignant mesotheliomaBruce W S Robinson
Tumour Immunology Group, School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Australia
Lancet 366:397-408. 2005..Gene therapy and immunotherapy are used on an experimental basis only. Patterns identified from microarray studies could be useful for diagnosis as well as prognostication...
- The European mesothelioma epidemicJ Peto
Section of Epidemiology, The Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Br J Cancer 79:666-72. 1999..The model was tested by comparing observed and predicted numbers of deaths for the period 1990-94. The ratio of mesothelioma to recorded pleural cancer mortality has been 1.6:1 in Britain but was assumed to be 1:1 in other countries...
- Randomized phase III study of cisplatin with or without raltitrexed in patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma: an intergroup study of the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer Lung Cancer Group and the National Cancer Institute Jan P van Meerbeeck
Thoracic Oncology Unit, University Hospital 7K12IE, De Pintelaan 185, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 23:6881-9. 2005....
- Extra-pleural pneumonectomy versus no extra-pleural pneumonectomy for patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma: clinical outcomes of the Mesothelioma and Radical Surgery (MARS) randomised feasibility studyTom Treasure
Department of Mathematics, Clinical Operational Research Unit, University College London, London, UK
Lancet Oncol 12:763-72. 2011..We aimed to assess the clinical outcomes of patients who were randomly assigned to EPP or no EPP in the context of trimodal therapy in the Mesothelioma and Radical Surgery (MARS) feasibility study...
- Guidelines of the European Respiratory Society and the European Society of Thoracic Surgeons for the management of malignant pleural mesotheliomaA Scherpereel
Dept of Pulmonary and Thoracic Oncology, Hopital Calmette, CHRU of Lille, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Eur Respir J 35:479-95. 2010..Because of limited data on the best combination treatment, we emphasise that patients who are considered candidates for a multimodal approach should be included in a prospective trial at a specialised centre...
- Mesothelin-family proteins and diagnosis of mesotheliomaBruce W S Robinson
University Department of Medicine, University of Western Australia, Queen Elizabeth II Medical Centre, Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Lancet 362:1612-6. 2003..Identification of such a marker would be useful in diagnosis of mesothelioma and for monitoring responses to treatment and screening at-risk individuals...
- Predictions of mortality from pleural mesothelioma in Italy: a model based on asbestos consumption figures supports results from age-period-cohort modelsAlessandro Marinaccio
Epidemiology Unit, Occupational Medicine Department, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Prevention, Rome, Italy
Int J Cancer 115:142-7. 2005..The findings predict a peak with about 800 mesothelioma annual deaths in the period 2012-2024. Results estimated using age-period-cohort models were similar to those obtained from the asbestos consumption model...
- Asbestos exposure, pleural mesothelioma, and serum osteopontin levelsHarvey I Pass
Department of Surgery, Wayne State University, Karmanos Cancer Institute, John A Dingell Veterans Hospital, Detroit, Mich, USA
N Engl J Med 353:1564-73. 2005....
- Utility of osteopontin and serum mesothelin in malignant pleural mesothelioma diagnosis and prognosis assessmentBogdan Dragos Grigoriu
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM U774, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille, France
Clin Cancer Res 13:2928-35. 2007..We compared diagnostic and prognostic values of mesothelin and osteopontin in 172 patients suspected of malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM) and in a control group of 112 asymptomatic asbestos-exposed subjects...
- Soluble mesothelin-related peptides in the diagnosis of malignant pleural mesotheliomaArnaud Scherpereel
INSERM Unit 774, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 173:1155-60. 2006..Diagnosis of malignant pleural mesothelioma is a challenging issue. Potential markers in mesothelioma diagnosis include soluble mesothelin-related peptides (SMRPs) and osteopontin, but no subsequent validation has been published yet...
- Advances in the biology of malignant pleural mesotheliomaP A Zucali
Department of Medical Oncology, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Via Manzoni 56, 20089 Rozzano, Milan, Italy
Cancer Treat Rev 37:543-58. 2011..This paper reviews advances in the molecular biology of malignant pleural mesothelioma in terms of pathogenesis, the major molecular pathways and the associated therapeutic strategies, and the roles of biomarkers...
- Inflammation-based prognostic indices in malignant pleural mesotheliomaDavid James Pinato
Department of Investigative Sciences, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Campus, London, UK
J Thorac Oncol 7:587-94. 2012..Our aim was to compare the prognostic performance of three inflammation-based biomarkers in predicting overall survival (OS) in MPM...
- Pleural effusion VEGF levels as a prognostic factor of malignant pleural mesotheliomaNoriko Hirayama
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Hyogo College of Medicine, 1 1 Mukogawa cho, Nishinomiya, Hyogo 663 8501, Japan
Respir Med 105:137-42. 2011..Here, we investigated the pleural effusion VEGF levels in patients with MPM and compared them to those of a population with a non-malignant pleuritis or lung cancer involving malignant pleural effusion...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor overexpression in malignant pleural mesothelioma: prognostic correlationsOttavio Rena
Thoracic Surgery Unit, University of Eastern Piedmont, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Maggiore della Carita, C so Mazzini, 18, Novara, Italy
J Surg Oncol 104:701-5. 2011..To evaluate epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) phenotypic expression and related gene status in malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM) and to correlate the results with patients' prognosis...
- A trial of intrapleural adenoviral-mediated Interferon-α2b gene transfer for malignant pleural mesotheliomaDaniel H Sterman
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, 19104 4283, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 184:1395-9. 2011..Clinical trial registered with www.clinicaltrials.gov (NCT 01212367)...
- Expression of the secreted frizzled-related protein gene family is downregulated in human mesotheliomaAmie Y Lee
Thoracic Oncology Laboratory, Department of Surgery, Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Oncogene 23:6672-6. 2004..Our results suggest that methylation silencing of SFRPs may be one of the important mechanisms of aberrant Wnt signaling activation in MM...
- Molecular changes in mesothelioma with an impact on prognosis and treatmentDidier Jean
INSERM, U, Universite Paris Descartes, UMR S, Paris, France
Arch Pathol Lab Med 136:277-93. 2012..In recent decades, research on malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM) has been developed to improve patients' outcomes by increasing the level of confidence in MPM diagnosis and prognosis...
- Survival and prognostic factors in malignant pleural mesothelioma: a retrospective study of 314 patients in the west part of JapanShuko Nojiri
Department of Pharmacoepidemiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 41:32-9. 2011..The objective in our study was to examine baseline and other characteristics associated with survival in patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma in Japan...
- Multicenter, double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized phase II trial of gemcitabine/cisplatin plus bevacizumab or placebo in patients with malignant mesotheliomaHedy L Kindler
University of Chicago ComprehensiveCancer Center, Chicago, IL, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:2509-15. 2012..We added the anti-VEGF antibody bevacizumab to gemcitabine/cisplatin in a multicenter, double-blind, placebo-controlled randomized phase II trial in patients with previously untreated, unresectable MM...
- Multicenter trial of neo-adjuvant chemotherapy followed by extrapleural pneumonectomy in malignant pleural mesotheliomaW Weder
Department of Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
Ann Oncol 18:1196-202. 2007..The aim of this multicenter trial was to prospectively evaluate neo-adjuvant chemotherapy followed by extrapleural pneumonectomy (EPP) and radiotherapy, including quality of life as outcome...
- PAX8 reliably distinguishes ovarian serous tumors from malignant mesotheliomaAnna R Laury
Department of Pathology Section, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 34:627-35. 2010..The presence of weak staining for PAX8 in the 3 "noninvasive" mesotheliomas questions the use for PAX8 in this differential diagnosis. On the basis of this study, h-caldesmon is not a useful marker for mesothelioma...
- CD8+ tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes predict favorable prognosis in malignant pleural mesothelioma after resectionNoriyuki Yamada
First Department of Medicine, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, North 15, West 7, Kita ku, Sapporo, 060 8638, Japan
Cancer Immunol Immunother 59:1543-9. 2010..Thus, the stimulation of CD8(+) lymphocytes might be an efficacious immunotherapy for MPM patients...
- Exploratory analysis of activation of PTEN-PI3K pathway and downstream proteins in malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM)S Cedres
Medical Oncology Service Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Lung Cancer 77:192-8. 2012..Malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM) is a highly aggressive neoplasm with elevated AKT/mTOR activity. We aimed to identify the expression and phosphorylation status of PTEN, PI3K and downstream signaling in MPM...
- hsa-miR-29c* is linked to the prognosis of malignant pleural mesotheliomaHarvey I Pass
Thoracic Surgery, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, New York 10016, USA
Cancer Res 70:1916-24. 2010..A single miR has the potential to be a prognostic biomarker in mesothelioma, and validation of these findings as well as investigation of its downstream targets may give insight for potential therapies in the future...
- AXL regulates mesothelioma proliferation and invasivenessW B Ou
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Oncogene 30:1643-52. 2011..AXL inhibition suppressed mesothelioma anchorage-independent growth, with reduction in colony numbers and size. These studies suggest that AXL inhibitors warrant clinical evaluation in mesothelioma...
- Temsirolimus inhibits malignant pleural mesothelioma growth in vitro and in vivo: synergism with chemotherapyMir Alireza Hoda
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Thorac Oncol 6:852-63. 2011..Here, we investigated the feasibility of mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) inhibition by temsirolimus as an antimesothelioma strategy...
- The nuclear deubiquitinase BAP1 is commonly inactivated by somatic mutations and 3p21.1 losses in malignant pleural mesotheliomaMatthew Bott
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Nat Genet 43:668-72. 2011..These findings implicate transcriptional deregulation in the pathogenesis of MPM...
- Factors predictive of survival among 337 patients with mesothelioma treated between 1984 and 1994 by the Cancer and Leukemia Group BJ E Herndon
CALGB Statistical Center, Department of Community and Family Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Chest 113:723-31. 1998..To examine the individual and joint effect of various pretreatment clinical characteristics on the survival of patients with mesothelioma treated by the Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB)...
- Solitary fibrous tumors of the pleura: surgical outcome and clinical courseSook Hwan Sung
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea
Ann Thorac Surg 79:303-7. 2005..The aim of this study was to define more precisely the surgical outcome and clinical course of solitary fibrous tumors of the pleura...
- A multicenter phase II study of cisplatin, pemetrexed, and bevacizumab in patients with advanced malignant mesotheliomaJonathan E Dowell
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8852, USA
Lung Cancer 77:567-71. 2012..We evaluated the addition of bevacizumab to cisplatin and pemetrexed as first-line treatment in patients with advanced, unresectable MM...
- Initial analysis of the international association for the study of lung cancer mesothelioma databaseValerie W Rusch
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
J Thorac Oncol 7:1631-9. 2012..To plan revisions of this system, the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer Staging Committee developed an international database. Initial analyses focus on patients managed surgically...
- Serum mesothelin for diagnosing malignant pleural mesothelioma: an individual patient data meta-analysisKevin Hollevoet
Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 30:1541-9. 2012..To examine the diagnostic accuracy and use of serum mesothelin in early diagnosis, we performed an individual patient data (IPD) meta-analysis...
- Malignant pleural mesothelioma: current treatments and emerging drugsCarmen Belli
San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Oncology Department, 60 Olgettina Street, Milan 20132, Italy
Expert Opin Emerg Drugs 14:423-37. 2009..Better understanding of molecular pathways involved in MPM has enabled inclusion of new drugs targeted against pathways responsible for proliferation, cell survival and angiogenesis...
- Increased but low incidence and poor survival of malignant mesothelioma in the southeastern part of The Netherlands since 1970: a population-based studyM L Janssen-Heijnen
Comprehensive Cancer Centre South, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer Prev 8:311-4. 1999..In view of presumed limited exposure to asbestos and small geographical variation, the incidence of mesothelioma in the southeastern part of The Netherlands will probably remain low, despite an increase in the past decades...
- Long-term mortality from pleural and peritoneal cancer after exposure to asbestos: Possible role of asbestos clearanceFrancesco Barone-Adesi
Unit of Cancer Epidemiology, CeRMS and Center for Oncologic Prevention Piemonte, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Int J Cancer 123:912-6. 2008..The different trends for pleural and peritoneal cancer might be related to clearance of the asbestos from the workers' lungs...
- Malignant pleural mesothelioma: a population-based study of survivalMichael T Milano
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Thorac Oncol 5:1841-8. 2010..This study characterizes the overall survival (OS) and variables affecting OS in patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma...
- The evolution of multimodality therapy for malignant pleural mesotheliomaMarjorie G Zauderer
Department of Medicine, Thoracic Oncology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065, USA
Curr Treat Options Oncol 12:163-72. 2011..Clearly, MPM requires a multidisciplinary approach and, due to the myriad of open questions, much effort continues to focus on identifying the optimal combination of surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation...
- A multicentre phase II study of cisplatin and gemcitabine for malignant mesotheliomaA K Nowak
Department of Medical Oncology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Verdun Street, Nedlands, WA 6009 Australia
Br J Cancer 87:491-6. 2002..Investigation of alternative scheduling is needed to decrease haematological toxicity and increase the relative dose intensity of gemcitabine whilst maintaining response rate and quality of life...
- Cancer mortality and incidence of mesothelioma in a cohort of wives of asbestos workers in Casale Monferrato, ItalyDaniela Ferrante
Unit of Medical Statistics and Cancer Epidemiology, CPO Piemonte and University of Eastern Piedmont, Novara, Italy
Environ Health Perspect 115:1401-5. 2007..Although the hazard is established, the magnitude of the risk is uncertain, and it is unclear whether risk is also increased for other cancers. Few cohort studies have been reported...
- Malignant pleural mesothelioma cells resist anoikis as quiescent pluricellular aggregatesJ Daubriac
INSERM, U674, Fondation Jean Dausset CEPH, IFR105, Paris, France
Cell Death Differ 16:1146-55. 2009..Finally, our findings show that impairment of cell aggregation activates SAPK/JNK and Bim and induces anoikis. Our results underline the importance of intercellular contacts in the anoikis resistance of MPM cells...
- Update on malignant pleural mesotheliomaNicholas Paul Campbell
Section of Hematology Oncology, University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60647, USA
Semin Respir Crit Care Med 32:102-10. 2011..Key questions about maintenance therapy and the optimal regimens for elderly and frail patients remain to be answered. Although few other cytotoxic drugs have activity, a surprising number of novel agents are being investigated...
- Management of malignant pleural mesotheliomaSophie D West
Oxford Centre for Respiratory Medicine, Churchill Hospital, Oxford, UK
Clin Chest Med 27:335-54. 2006..This article summarizes important advances in the management of mesothelioma, especially diagnostic and therapeutic aspects...
- Combined inhibition of MET and EGFR suppresses proliferation of malignant mesothelioma cellsKoji Kawaguchi
Division of Molecular Oncology, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, 1 1 Kanokoden, Chikusa ku, Nagoya, Japan
Carcinogenesis 30:1097-105. 2009....
- Preclinical studies of the proteasome inhibitor bortezomib in malignant pleural mesotheliomaGavin J Gordon
The Thoracic Surgery Oncology Laboratory and the Division of Thoracic Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA, 02115, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 61:549-58. 2008..Bortezomib may improve outcome in MPM patients alone or in combination with standard chemotherapy but the order of administration is likely to be important. This study justifies further evaluation of bortezomib in MPM...
- Defective core-apoptosis signalling in diffuse malignant pleural mesothelioma: opportunities for effective drug developmentDean A Fennell
Department of Medical Oncology, Lung Cancer and Mesothelioma Research Group, St Bartholomew s Hospital, West Smithfield, London, UK
Lancet Oncol 5:354-62. 2004..This review discusses recent developments in apoptosis biology that are specific to mesothelioma and the therapeutic implications for this aggressive cancer...
- Novel orthotopic implantation model of human malignant pleural mesothelioma (EHMES-10 cells) highly expressing vascular endothelial growth factor and its receptorEmiko Nakataki
Department of Internal Medicine and Molecular Therapeutics, University of Tokushima Graduate School, 3 18 15 Kuramoto cho, Tokushima 770 8503, Japan
Cancer Sci 97:183-91. 2006..Our patient-like orthotopic model using EHMES-10 cells overexpressing VEGF and its receptor may be useful for examining the molecular pathogenesis of MPM and may contribute to the development of novel treatment strategies for MPM...
- Phase II study of pemetrexed plus carboplatin in malignant pleural mesotheliomaGiovanni L Ceresoli
Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Istituto Clinico Humanitas Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Rozzano, Milan, Italy
J Clin Oncol 24:1443-8. 2006..This multicenter, phase II clinical study was conducted to evaluate the activity of the combination of pemetrexed and carboplatin in patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM)...
- Soluble mesothelin-related peptide level elevation in mesothelioma serum and pleural effusionsHarvey I Pass
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Division of Thoracic Surgery, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 85:265-72; discussion 272. 2008..Soluble mesothelin-related peptide (SMRP) is a potential marker for malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM), which may be useful for screening high-risk asbestos-exposed individuals...
- Multicenter phase II trial of neoadjuvant pemetrexed plus cisplatin followed by extrapleural pneumonectomy and radiation for malignant pleural mesotheliomaLee M Krug
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:3007-13. 2009....
- Advances in the systemic therapy of malignant pleural mesotheliomaDean A Fennell
Centre for Cancer Research and Cell Biology, Queen s University Belfast, 97 Liburn Road, Belfast BT9 7BL, Northern Ireland, UK
Nat Clin Pract Oncol 5:136-47. 2008..Coupled with high-quality translational research, such developments have real potential to improve the outlook of patients at a time of increasing incidence...
- Solitary fibrous tumor of the pleuraLary A Robinson
Thoracic Oncology Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Cancer Control 13:264-9. 2006..Only about 800 cases have been reported in the medical literature. The tumor appears to be unrelated to malignant pleural mesothelioma, the most common primary tumor of the pleura...
- The quantitative risks of mesothelioma and lung cancer in relation to asbestos exposureJ T Hodgson
Epidemiology and Medical Statistics Unit, Health and Safety Executive, Magdalen House, Stanley Precinct, L20 3QZ, Bootle, UK
Ann Occup Hyg 44:565-601. 2000..Based on these considerations, and a discussion fo the associated uncertainties, a series of quantified risk summary statements for different elvels of cumulative exposure are presented...
- Predicting survival in malignant mesotheliomaA W Musk
Schools of Population Health and Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Western Australia, Australia
Eur Respir J 38:1420-4. 2011..With increasing resources and treatment costs for MM over the past 40 yrs, there have been modest improvements in survival but no complete remissions...
- Pleural mesothelioma instigates tumor-associated fibroblasts to promote progression via a malignant cytokine networkQi Li
Division of Medical Oncology, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan
Am J Pathol 179:1483-93. 2011..These findings indicate that MPM instigates tumor-associated fibroblasts, promoting tumor progression via a malignant cytokine network. Regulation of this cytokine network may be therapeutically useful for controlling MPM...
- Validation of tissue microarray technology in malignant pleural mesotheliomaSteven C H Kao
Asbestos Diseases Research Institute, Bernie Banton Centre, Concord, Australia
Pathology 43:128-32. 2011..Given the intralesional heterogeneity of MPM, it is questionable if TMAs can adequately represent MPMs. We here investigate the validity of TMAs for MPM...
- In vitro and in vivo characterization of highly purified human mesothelioma derived cellsAlice Melotti
Department of Oncology, Biology and Genetics, University of Genova, Genova, Italy
BMC Cancer 10:54. 2010..Our work was aimed to establish from fresh human pleural mesothelioma samples cell cultures maintaining tumorigenic properties...
- Successful extirpation of thoracic pleural lipoma by single-port thoracoscopic surgerySoichi Oka
Second Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyushu, Japan
Asian J Surg 34:140-2. 2011..The resected tumor was a pedunculated pleural mass, yellowish in color, and pathological diagnosis confirmed a lipoma. We describe the first known successful treatment by single-port VATS...
- Multimodality strategies in malignant pleural mesotheliomaWalter Weder
Division of Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 21:172-6. 2009..In this article, we discuss several strategies that involve EPP or pleurectomy/decortication in combination with various adjuvant and neoadjuvant therapies...
- Second-line treatment for malignant pleural mesotheliomaGiovanni Luca Ceresoli
Department of Oncology, Istituto Humanitas Gavazzeni, Bergamo, Italy
Cancer Treat Rev 36:24-32. 2010....
- Solitary fibrous tumors of the pleura: results of surgical treatment and long-term prognosisKaren M Harrison-Phipps
Division of General Thoracic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 138:19-25. 2009..We sought to define the long-term outcome of surgically treated solitary fibrous tumors of the pleura...
- Suppression of pro-metastasis phenotypes expression in malignant pleural mesothelioma by the PI3K inhibitor LY294002 or the MEK inhibitor UO126George W Cole
Section of Thoracic Oncology, Surgery Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Anticancer Res 26:809-21. 2006....
- Outcome for patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma referred for Trimodality therapy in Western AustraliaArman Hasani
Department of Medical Oncology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Western Australia, Australia
J Thorac Oncol 4:1010-6. 2009..Thus, TMT was introduced as an option for such patients in Western Australia in 2004. However, TMT has never been compared with non-TMT therapy in the same patient population, thereby introducing a potential for selection bias...
- MESOMARK: a potential test for malignant pleural mesotheliomaHeather L Beyer
Research and Development Division, Fujirebio Diagnostics, Inc, Malvern, PA 19355, USA
Clin Chem 53:666-72. 2007..Soluble mesothelin-related peptides (SMRP)have been reported to be potential biomarkers for malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM). We report analytical and preliminary clinical studies of MESOMARK, a quantitative assay for SMRP...
- The use of chemotherapy in patients with advanced malignant pleural mesothelioma: a systematic review and practice guidelinePeter Ellis
McMaster University at Hamilton Health Sciences and Juravinski Cancer Centre, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Thorac Oncol 1:591-601. 2006....
- Dose-dependent pulmonary toxicity after postoperative intensity-modulated radiotherapy for malignant pleural mesotheliomaDavid C Rice
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 69:350-7. 2007..To determine the incidence of fatal pulmonary events after extrapleural pneumonectomy and hemithoracic intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) for malignant pleural mesothelioma...
- Phenotypes and karyotypes of human malignant mesothelioma cell linesVandana Relan
UQ Thoracic Research Centre, School of Medicine, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
PLoS ONE 8:e58132. 2013..The aim of this study was to develop and biologically characterise six malignant mesothelioma cell lines to evaluate their potential as models of human malignant mesothelioma...
- Ten traps for the unwary in surgical series: a case study in mesothelioma reportsTom Treasure
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Guy s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 133:1414-8. 2007
- Extrapleural pneumonectomy for early stage malignant pleural mesothelioma: a harmful procedureOttavio Rena
Thoracic Surgery Unit, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Maggiore della Carita, Novara, Italy
Lung Cancer 77:151-5. 2012..MPM patients submitted to EPP had a higher post-operative complication rate, a worse long-term QoL, a shorter residual life time after recurrent disease, despite a similar long-term survival when compared to P/D...
- Advances in the diagnosis, evaluation, and management of malignant pleural mesotheliomaDaniel H Sterman
Thoracic Oncology Research Laboratory, Interventional Pulmonology Program, Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Division, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 4283, USA
Respirology 10:266-83. 2005..Over the past decade, significant advances have been made on several fronts that have improved the ability to diagnose a stage, define prognosis, and treat malignant pleural mesothelioma...
- Pemetrexed in malignant pleural mesotheliomaMaitreyee Hazarika
Division of Oncology Drug Products, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, U S Food and Drug Administration, 5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20857, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:982-92. 2005..Indianapolis, IN) by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of a New Drug Application for the treatment of malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM)...
- Outcomes with first-line platinum-based combination chemotherapy for malignant pleural mesothelioma: a review of practice in British ColumbiaChristopher W Lee
BC Cancer Agency Fraser Valley Centre, 13750 96th Avenue, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada V3V 1Z2
Lung Cancer 64:308-13. 2009..No difference is seen combining platinum analogs with gemcitabine or pemetrexed. Platinum-based doublets might represent a therapeutic ceiling for cytotoxic chemotherapy in MPM...
- Caelyx in malignant mesothelioma: a phase II EORTC studyP Baas
TheNetherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
Ann Oncol 11:697-700. 2000..In a phase II study, the efficacy and toxicity of Caelyx was tested in previously untreated patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma...
- Epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition, cell polarity and stemness-associated features in malignant pleural mesotheliomaClaudia Casarsa
Department of Life Sciences, University of Trieste, Italy
Cancer Lett 302:136-43. 2011....
- Consolidative dendritic cell-based immunotherapy elicits cytotoxicity against malignant mesotheliomaJoost P Hegmans
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 181:1383-90. 2010..However, the clinical relevance is still in question. To examine this, we designed a clinical trial using chemotherapy followed by antigen-pulsed dendritic cell vaccination in mesothelioma patients...
- Chromosomal abnormalities and their correlations with asbestos exposure and survival in patients with mesotheliomaM Tiainen
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Helsinki, Finland
Br J Cancer 60:618-26. 1989..02). In this study no diagnostic cytogenetic markers of mesothelioma were found, instead the copy number of chromosome 7 short arms turned out to be a possible prognostic factor in malignant mesothelioma...
- Phase II trial of pegylated-liposomal doxorubicin (Doxil) in mesotheliomaKeith M Skubitz
University of Minnesota Medical School, Masonic Cancer Center, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Cancer Invest 20:693-9. 2002..These data suggest that pegylated-liposomal doxorubicin has activity in mesothelioma, and that this treatment is associated with modest toxicity...
- Establishment of permanent cell lines purified from human mesothelioma: morphological aspects, new marker expression and karyotypic analysisMarie Marthe Philippeaux
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Cantonal Hospital of Geneva University, 1, Rue Micheli du Crest, 1211, 4, Switzerland
Histochem Cell Biol 122:249-60. 2004..Karyotypic analyses showed more complex abnormalities in the epithelioid subtype than in the sarcomatoid form. These cell lines may be useful in the study of cellular, molecular and genetic aspects of the disease...
- Global gene expression profiling of human pleural mesotheliomas: identification of matrix metalloproteinase 14 (MMP-14) as potential tumour targetStefania Crispi
Gene Expression Core, Human Molecular Genetics Laboratory, Institute of Genetics and Biophysics, Naples, Italy
PLoS ONE 4:e7016. 2009....
- Retreatment with pemetrexed-based chemotherapy in patients with malignant pleural mesotheliomaGiovanni L Ceresoli
Oncology Unit, Cliniche Humanitas Gavazzeni, Bergamo, Italy giovanni
Lung Cancer 72:73-7. 2011..Further prospective evaluation of this therapeutic option is warranted...
- Solitary fibrous tumors of the pleura: clinical characteristics, surgical treatment and outcomePierre Magdeleinat
Service de Chirurgie Thoracique, Hotel Dieu, 1, Place du Parvis Notre Dame, 75181 Paris Cedex 04, France
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 21:1087-93. 2002..The aim of this paper is to study clinical characteristics, surgical treatment and outcome of patients with solitary fibrous tumor of the pleura operated in our institutions in a 20-year period...
- In vitro and in vivo therapeutic efficacy of the PPAR-γ agonist troglitazone in combination with cisplatin against malignant pleural mesothelioma cell growthNaohiko Hamaguchi
Department of Integrated Medicine, Ehime University Graduate School of Medicine, Ehime, Japan
Cancer Sci 101:1955-64. 2010..These results suggest that TGZ in combination with cisplatin may become a novel therapy for MPM...
- Bcl-xL antisense oligonucleotide and cisplatin combination therapy extends survival in SCID mice with established mesothelioma xenograftsJames E Littlejohn
Department of Molecular and Cellular Medicine, Texas A and M Health Science Center, College of Medicine, College Station, TX, USA
Int J Cancer 123:202-8. 2008..More notably, the combination of Bcl-xL ASO and cisplatin extends survival in an orthotopic tumor xenograft model...
- E7080, a multi-tyrosine kinase inhibitor, suppresses the progression of malignant pleural mesothelioma with different proangiogenic cytokine production profilesKenji Ikuta
Department of Respiratory Medicine and Rheumatology, Institute of Health Biosciences, University of Tokushima Graduate School, Tokushima, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 15:7229-37. 2009..Therefore, we focused on the multi-tyrosine kinase inhibitor E7080 and assessed its therapeutic efficacy against MPM cells with different proangiogenic cytokine production profiles...
- Pleural mesothelioma in a woman whose documented past exposure to asbestos was from smoking asbestos-containing filtered cigarettes: the comparative value of analytical transmission electron microscopic analysis of lung and lymph-node tissueRonald F Dodson
Dodson Environmental Consulting, Inc, and ERI Analytical, Tyler, Texas 75701, USA
Inhal Toxicol 18:679-84. 2006..Combined ATEM data of lung and lymph node tissue clarified the patient's exposure to asbestos and particularly to crocidolite asbestos and thus to the presence of an entity recognized as the causal agent for mesothelioma...
- Establishment and characterization of four malignant pleural mesothelioma cell lines from Japanese patientsNoriyasu Usami
Division of Molecular Oncology, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, 1 1 Kanokoden, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 0021, Japan
Cancer Sci 97:387-94. 2006..Thus, our new MPM cell lines seem to be useful as new models for studying various aspects of the biology of human MPM as well as materials for the development of future therapies...
- Prospective study of mesothelioma mortality in Turkish villages with exposure to fibrous zeoliteY Izzettin Baris
Guven Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:414-7. 2006..Our results emphasize the severity of the mesothelioma endemic in erionite-exposed areas of Turkey and call for intensified prevention of mesothelioma by limiting environmental exposures to these fibers...
- Characterization of a novel cell line established from a patient with Herceptin-resistant breast cancerMinna Tanner
Laboratory of Cancer Biology, Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Mol Cancer Ther 3:1585-92. 2004..Erk1/2 phosphorylation was slightly reduced but still evident in JIMT-1 cells. We conclude that the JIMT-1 cell line provides a valuable experimental model for studies of new trastuzumab-resistance mechanisms...
- Induction chemotherapy, extrapleural pneumonectomy (EPP) and adjuvant hemi-thoracic radiation in malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM): Feasibility and resultsFederico Rea
Division of Thoracic Surgery, University of Padua, Policlinico di Padova, Italy
Lung Cancer 57:89-95. 2007..Trimodality therapy results have led us to test induction chemotherapy followed by EPP and adjuvant radiotherapy in stages I-III of MPM. The aim of our study was to evaluate the feasibility of this protocol and to estimate survival...
- Extrapleural pneumonectomy followed by intracavitary intraoperative hyperthermic cisplatin with pharmacologic cytoprotection for treatment of malignant pleural mesothelioma: a phase II prospective studyTamara R Tilleman
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 138:405-11. 2009..We sought to prospectively determine the feasibility and safety of hyperthermic intraoperative intracavitary cisplatin perfusion immediately after extrapleural pneumonectomy in the treatment of malignant pleural mesothelioma...
- Pathological diagnosis and cytoreduction of cardiophrenic lymph node and pleural metastasis in ovarian cancer patients using video-assisted thoracic surgeryMyong Cheol Lim
Center for Uterine Cancer, Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, Goyang, Gyeonggi, Korea
Ann Surg Oncol 16:1990-6. 2009....
- Phase II study of erlotinib in patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma: a Southwest Oncology Group StudyLinda L Garland
University of Arizona Cancer Center, Tucson, AZ, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:2406-13. 2007..We conducted a phase II trial of the EGFR TKI erlotinib in previously untreated patients with MPM...
- Analysis of latency time and its determinants in asbestos related malignant mesothelioma cases of the Italian registerAlessandro Marinaccio
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Prevention ISPESL, Occupational Medicine Department, Epidemiology Unit, Via Alessandria 220 E, 00198 Rome, Italy
Eur J Cancer 43:2722-8. 2007....
- Programmed necrosis induced by asbestos in human mesothelial cells causes high-mobility group box 1 protein release and resultant inflammationHaining Yang
Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:12611-6. 2010..Chemopreventive approaches aimed at inhibiting the chronic inflammatory response, and especially blocking HMGB1, may decrease the risk of malignant mesothelioma among asbestos-exposed cohorts...
- Inhibitor of apoptosis proteins are regulated by tumour necrosis factor-alpha in malignant pleural mesotheliomaG J Gordon
The Thoracic Surgery Oncology Laboratory and the Division of Thoracic Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Pathol 211:439-46. 2007....
- Malignant mesotheliomaAlastair J Moore
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Wexham Park Hospital, Wexham, Slough, Berkshire, UK
Orphanet J Rare Dis 3:34. 2008..Compensation issues must also be considered. Life expectancy in malignant mesothelioma is poor, with a median survival of about one year following diagnosis...
- Genomic events associated with progression of pleural malignant mesotheliomaSergey V Ivanov
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Thoracic Surgery Laboratory, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Int J Cancer 124:589-99. 2009..2), FUS1 and PL6 (3p21.3), DNAJA1 (9p21.1) and CDH2 (18q11.2-q12.3). Imbalances seen by ROMA were confirmed by Affymetrix genome analysis in a subset of samples...
- Thymidylate synthase and excision repair cross-complementing group-1 as predictors of responsiveness in mesothelioma patients treated with pemetrexed/carboplatinPaolo Andrea Zucali
Department of Oncology, Biostatistics Unit, Istituto Clinico Humanitas IRCCS, Rozzano, Milan, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 17:2581-90. 2011....
- Genome-wide profile of pleural mesothelioma versus parietal and visceral pleura: the emerging gene portrait of the mesothelioma phenotypeOluf Dimitri Røe
Department of Oncology, St Olavs Hospital, University Hospital of Trondheim, Trondheim, Norway
PLoS ONE 4:e6554. 2009..Genome-wide profiling of mesothelioma versus parietal and visceral normal pleural tissue could thus reveal novel genes and pathways explaining its aggressive phenotype...
- Podoplanin is a better immunohistochemical marker for sarcomatoid mesothelioma than calretininDiana M Padgett
Department of Pathology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 32:123-7. 2008..These findings suggest that cytoplasmic podoplanin expression may be useful in the diagnosis of sarcomatoid mesothelioma, although it should be used with caution on biopsy material...
- Diagnosis and prognosis of lung cancer using gene ratiosGAVIN GORDON; Fiscal Year: 2004..Specific Aim 4. To develop software for the expression ratio test and to design a form summarizing the results of the diagnostic test kit to clinicians and health care personnel. ..
- COMPUTER AIDED DIAGNOSIS IN CT OF THE THORAXSamuel Armato; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Standard Database for CT Lung ImagesSamuel Armato; Fiscal Year: 2006..The ideas resented in this proposal are expected to stimulate the efforts of the Consortium toward that goal. ..
- Computerized Analysis of Mesothelioma on CT ScansSamuel Armato; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- CANCER AND LEUKEMIA GROUP BDavid Sugarbaker; Fiscal Year: 2002..Three stages of group development are described: (1) surgeon recruitment phase; (2) patient recruitment phase (educational activities about adjuvant therapy trials. etc.); and (3) protocol development phase (intellectual activities). ..
- Gene Ratios for Lung Cancer Detection and PrognosisRaphael Bueno; Fiscal Year: 2004..We envision that our methodology will be adaptable to a future clinical scenario where each suspicious nodule would be evaluated by fine needle aspiration determining the diagnosis and best therapeutic options for the patients. ..
- Gene Ratio Based Prognosis in MesotheliomaRaphael Bueno; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will determine the accuracy of this test in predicting outcome as defined by survival and tumor progression. ..
- Role of Cell Mediators in Asbestos-SV40 CarcinogenesisMichele Carbone; Fiscal Year: 2009..It is anticipated that the results of the experimens proposed in this application will provide information to design novel preventive and therapeutic approaches for MM. ..
- A Decision Aid for Cancer-Surviving AdolescentsPatricia Hollen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Data will be collected during a semistructured interview for the initial and 12-month clinic visits. Generalized linear models will be used for data analyses. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SV40 sequences in human tumors: analysis & biologic*Michele Carbone; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Molecular Targets for Drug and Radiation SensitivityStephen Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Photodynamic Therapy for the Treatment of Obstructive E*Todd Demmy; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal will be instrumental in the development of a novel PDT drug without long-term restrictions of patients' sun exposure. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PATHOGENESIS OF MESENCHYMAL TUMORS INDUCED BY ASBESTOSAgnes Kane; Fiscal Year: 2007..Pharmacologic modulation of persistent inflammation triggered by biopersistent, carcinogenic fibers may provide a new strategy to prevent progression of malignant mesothelioma in exposed populations. ..
- GENERAL CLINICAL RESEARCH CENTERKaren Antman; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Fra-1 in MesotheliomaMaria Ramos Nino; Fiscal Year: 2008..The long-term goal of this research plan is to understand the molecular mechanisms governing mesothelial cell tumorigenesis. ..
- Chemical, Structural, and Superstructural Determinants of Nanocarbon ToxicityAgnes B Kane; Fiscal Year: 2010..Identification of specific chemical and physical properties of nanomaterials responsible for cellular toxicity will enable development of manufacturing methods and post processing steps to eliminate intrinsic toxicity. ..
- REPLICATIVE ADENOVIRUSES WITH ENHANCED INFECTIVITYDavid Curiel; Fiscal Year: 2008..As well, proof-of principle studies in model systems will establish the rationale for an advanced human clinical trial for cancer of the ovary with derived advanced generation CRAd agents. ..
- CANCER GENE THERAPY TRAINING PROGRAMDavid Curiel; Fiscal Year: 2008..The university also has modern animal facilities supervised by veterinarians and run by trained animal care personnel working under NIH guidelines. ..
- Capsid-incorporation of HIV antigens as a novel adenovirus HIV vaccine approachDavid Curiel; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project will design new and innovative methodologies to create HIV vaccines, in hopes of preventing the spread of HIV disease. ..
- VEGFs in Artery-Vein Imbalance in AIDS-Kaposi SarcomaParkash Gill; Fiscal Year: 2009..This work is anticipated to enhance our understanding of KS pathogenesis, provide opportunities for novel therapies for KS, and contribute to the understanding of vascular biology. ..
- Insulin-like growth factor axis influence on HIV and HPV pathogenesis in womenHoward Strickler; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Development of double-targeted vectors for long-term vascular expression in vivoDAVID TERRY CURIEL; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this proposal, we seek to engineer a safer, less immunogenic Ad vector capable of long-term gene expression. ..
- HOST RESPONSE TO TB AND AIDSWilliam Rom; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study is critical in developing efficacious treatment strategies for TB and demonstrating that rIFN-gamma ameliorates the lung fibrosis and destruction in advanced TB. ..
- Natural Killer Dendritic Cells in CancerBRYAN BURT; Fiscal Year: 2007..We anticipate that our findings will elucidate how this novel cell type may contribute to a variety of immune processes and how NKDC may be useful in the treatment of cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ASPL TFE3 fusion in human cancersMarc Ladanyi; Fiscal Year: 2006..3->qter; and finally analyze selected candidate genes in the same region for inactivating mutations. ..
- SCANNING ELECTRON MICROSCOPY SYSTEMJohn Godleski; Fiscal Year: 2001..Institutional support is demonstrated by past support of the facility, completed renovations, commitments for ongoing service contracts, and letters of commitment for future support. ..
- ADENOVIRAL MEDIATED TARGETED GENE DELIVERYDavid Curiel; Fiscal Year: 2001..The derivation of this 'targetable injectable' vector system would represent a potentially powerful technical advance allowing the implementation of a variety of strategies to accomplish gene therapy for cancer. ..
- Clinical Trials of FTI RadiosensitizationStephen Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2005..Specific molecular markers that are associated with activation of the Ras signaling pathway will be measured in NSCLC tumor biopsy specimens and will be related to the clinical efficacy of R115777 and radiotherapy. ..
- IMMUNE RESPONSE IN THE LUNG TO TB PROTEINS IN AIDSWilliam Rom; Fiscal Year: 2002..tb. proteins in PBMCs and BAL. This proposal will provide critical information on memory immunity in the lung when humans are infected/exposed to M. tb. and how this "protective" immune response to TB may be perturbated in AIDS. ..
- REPLICATIVE ADENOVIRUSES WITH ENHANCED INFECTIVITYDavid Curiel; Fiscal Year: 2003..Finally, we intend to demonstrate the oncolytic efficacy of these enhanced-infectability tumor- selective adenoviruses in murine models. ..
- Insulin and IGF In female colon, breast, uterine cancerHoward Strickler; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Cardiac vulnerability due to ambient particulateJohn Godleski; Fiscal Year: 2008..Thus, the present application will entail unique application of comprehensive techniques to improve understanding of the mechanisms whereby CAPs can exert its deleterious influences on the heart and circulation [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Endothelial Gene Delivery for Pulmonary HypertensionDavid Curiel; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- DENDRITIC CELL SPECIFIC VECTORDavid Curiel; Fiscal Year: 2004..Ultimately, advances made during this study will help in translating the current knowledge into clinical practice for the treatment of cancer by inducing a tumor-specific immune response. ..
- HPV ETIOLOGY OF A SUBSET OF HEAD AND NECK CANCERSKeerti Shah; Fiscal Year: 2004..If HPV etiology is established for a subset of HNSCC, patients with these tumors may benefit from HPV-specific immunotherapies which are being evaluated for the treatment of invasive cervical cancer. ..
- Capsid-labeled adenovirus for virotherapy monitoringDavid Curiel; Fiscal Year: 2009..Not only would this system be indispensable in developing advanced CRAds, it would also be applicable for monitoring CRAd therapy in patients. ..
- Effects of HLA and KIR genotype on HIV and HCVHoward Strickler; Fiscal Year: 2006..WlHS is a large, racially and geographically diverse cohort of HIV(+) (n=2761 with - 40% HCV(+)), and HIV(-) women who share similar risk factors (n=942 with - 25%HCV(+)). ..
- New York University School of Medicine CTSA Planning GrantWilliam Rom; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- OCCUPATIONAL INJURIES AMONG COMMERCIAL FISHERSDana Loomis; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- CHRYSOTILE AND LUNG CANCER: TIME-RELATED EFFECTS AND POOLED ANALYSISDana Loomis; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- BIOMATHEMATICAL APPROACHES TO CANCERSuresh Moolgavkar; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of analyses will be used to help generate biologically relevant questions and hypotheses and to plan further experiments and studies, which, in turn, will lead to more refined models. ..
- Regulation of Lung Epithelial Fibrinolysis by UrokinaseSreerama Shetty; Fiscal Year: 2005..This information could hasten the development of new, mechanism-based interventions for lung disorders, including acute lung injury or lung neoplasia. ..
- OCCUPATIONAL FATALITY TRENDS: A CONTEXTUAL ANALYSISDana Loomis; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- CONTROL OF FIBRINOLYTIC PATHWAYS IN LUNG DISEASESreerama Shetty; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Stochastic models for radiation carcinogenesis: tempora*Suresh Moolgavkar; Fiscal Year: 2004..The main goals of these analyses are to explore the effects of various age- and time-related factors and of protraction of exposure on the risk of radiation carcinogenesis. ..
- UNIQUE TISSUE AND TUMOR PROCESSING FACILITYAdi Gazdar; Fiscal Year: 2003..A charge back fee system will recover some of the costs and will be used for future expansion of the Facility, which is anticipated to become self sustaining after five years. ..
- RESTORATION OF APOPTOSIS IN CANCERJack Roth; Fiscal Year: 2003..The studies included in the Program Project could lead to cancer treatments targeted to specific genetic lesions in the cancer cell, thus representing novel mechanisms of action that could complement existing therapies. ..