Genomes and Genes
non small cell lung carcinoma
Summary: A heterogeneous aggregate of at least three distinct histological types of lung cancer, including SQUAMOUS CELL CARCINOMA; ADENOCARCINOMA; and LARGE CELL CARCINOMA. They are dealt with collectively because of the shared properties of poor response to conventional chemotherapy and the potential for cure with surgical resection in a fraction of patients.
Publications295 found, 100 shown here
- Phase III study of erlotinib in combination with cisplatin and gemcitabine in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: the Tarceva Lung Cancer Investigation TrialUlrich Gatzemeier
Zentrum fur Pneumologie und Thoraxchirurgie, Krankenhaus D LVA, Germany
J Clin Oncol 25:1545-52. 2007....
- Activating mutations in the epidermal growth factor receptor underlying responsiveness of non-small-cell lung cancer to gefitinibThomas J Lynch
Cancer Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston 02129, USA
N Engl J Med 350:2129-39. 2004..However, about 10 percent of patients have a rapid and often dramatic clinical response. The molecular mechanisms underlying sensitivity to gefitinib are unknown...
- EGFR mutations in lung cancer: correlation with clinical response to gefitinib therapyJ Guillermo Paez
Departments of Medical Oncology and Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 304:1497-500. 2004..These results suggest that EGFR mutations may predict sensitivity to gefitinib...
- Paclitaxel-carboplatin alone or with bevacizumab for non-small-cell lung cancerAlan Sandler
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
N Engl J Med 355:2542-50. 2006..Bevacizumab, a monoclonal antibody against vascular endothelial growth factor, has been shown to benefit patients with a variety of cancers...
- EGF receptor gene mutations are common in lung cancers from "never smokers" and are associated with sensitivity of tumors to gefitinib and erlotinibWilliam Pao
Program in Cancer Biology and Genetics and Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:13306-11. 2004..Collectively, these data show that adenocarcinomas from never smokers comprise a distinct subset of lung cancers, frequently containing mutations within the TK domain of EGFR that are associated with gefitinib and erlotinib sensitivity...
- Comparison of four chemotherapy regimens for advanced non-small-cell lung cancerJoan H Schiller
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, USA
N Engl J Med 346:92-8. 2002..We conducted a randomized study to determine whether any of three chemotherapy regimens was superior to cisplatin and paclitaxel in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer...
- Erlotinib in previously treated non-small-cell lung cancerFrances A Shepherd
Department of Medical Oncology, University Health Network, Princess Margaret Hospital Site, University of Toronto, Canada
N Engl J Med 353:123-32. 2005....
- EGFR mutation and resistance of non-small-cell lung cancer to gefitinibSusumu Kobayashi
Division of Hematology Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
N Engl J Med 352:786-92. 2005..Structural modeling and biochemical studies showed that this second mutation led to gefitinib resistance...
- Phase III study comparing cisplatin plus gemcitabine with cisplatin plus pemetrexed in chemotherapy-naive patients with advanced-stage non-small-cell lung cancerGiorgio Vittorio Scagliotti
University of Torino, Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, S Luigi Hospital, Regione Gonzole, 10, Orbassano Torino, Italy
J Clin Oncol 26:3543-51. 2008..Cisplatin plus gemcitabine is a standard regimen for first-line treatment of advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Phase II studies of pemetrexed plus platinum compounds have also shown activity in this setting...
- Acquired resistance of lung adenocarcinomas to gefitinib or erlotinib is associated with a second mutation in the EGFR kinase domainWilliam Pao
Program in Cancer Biology and Genetics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
PLoS Med 2:e73. 2005..Despite initial responses, patients eventually progress by unknown mechanisms of "acquired" resistance...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor mutations in lung cancerSreenath V Sharma
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center and Harvard Medical School, 149 13th Street, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 7:169-81. 2007....
- Phase III trial of cisplatin plus gemcitabine with either placebo or bevacizumab as first-line therapy for nonsquamous non-small-cell lung cancer: AVAilMartin Reck
Department of Thoracic Oncology, Hospital Grosshansdorf, Wohrendamm 80, 22927 Grosshansdorf, Germany
J Clin Oncol 27:1227-34. 2009..This randomized phase III trial investigated the efficacy and safety of cisplatin/gemcitabine (CG) plus bevacizumab in this setting...
- Clinical and biological features associated with epidermal growth factor receptor gene mutations in lung cancersHisayuki Shigematsu
Hamon Center for Therapeutic Oncology Research, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8593, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:339-46. 2005..However, the role of such mutations in the pathogenesis of lung cancers is unclear...
- KRAS mutations and primary resistance of lung adenocarcinomas to gefitinib or erlotinibWilliam Pao
Program in Cancer Biology and Genetics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
PLoS Med 2:e17. 2005..Lung adenocarcinomas also harbor activating mutations in the downstream GTPase, KRAS, and mutations in EGFR and KRAS appear to be mutually exclusive...
- Gefitinib versus docetaxel in previously treated non-small-cell lung cancer (INTEREST): a randomised phase III trialEdward S Kim
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Lancet 372:1809-18. 2008..We compared gefitinib with docetaxel in patients with locally advanced or metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer who had been pretreated with platinum-based chemotherapy...
- Cisplatin-based adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with completely resected non-small-cell lung cancerRodrigo Arriagada
Instituto de Radiomedicina, Santiago, Chile
N Engl J Med 350:351-60. 2004..On the basis of a previous meta-analysis, the International Adjuvant Lung Cancer Trial was designed to evaluate the effect of cisplatin-based adjuvant chemotherapy on survival after complete resection of non-small-cell lung cancer...
- First-line gefitinib in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer harboring somatic EGFR mutationsLecia V Sequist
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, 32 Fruit St, Yawkey Suite 7B, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:2442-9. 2008..The multicenter iTARGET trial prospectively examined first-line gefitinib in advanced NSCLC patients harboring EGFR mutations and explored the significance of EGFR mutation subtypes and TKI resistance mechanisms...
- Reduced expression of the let-7 microRNAs in human lung cancers in association with shortened postoperative survivalJunichi Takamizawa
Division of Molecular Oncology, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, Nagoya, Japan
Cancer Res 64:3753-6. 2004..This study represents the first report of reduced expression of let-7 and the potential clinical and biological effects of such a microRNA alteration...
- Cetuximab plus chemotherapy in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (FLEX): an open-label randomised phase III trialRobert Pirker
Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Lancet 373:1525-31. 2009..We therefore compared chemotherapy plus cetuximab with chemotherapy alone in patients with advanced EGFR-positive non-small-cell lung cancer...
- DNA repair by ERCC1 in non-small-cell lung cancer and cisplatin-based adjuvant chemotherapyKen A Olaussen
Laboratory of Radiobiology and Oncology, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, Fontenay aux Roses, University of Paris 11, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 355:983-91. 2006..Adjuvant cisplatin-based chemotherapy improves survival among patients with completely resected non-small-cell lung cancer, but there is no validated clinical or biologic predictor of the benefit of chemotherapy...
- Randomized phase II trial comparing bevacizumab plus carboplatin and paclitaxel with carboplatin and paclitaxel alone in previously untreated locally advanced or metastatic non-small-cell lung cancerDavid H Johnson
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Vanderbilt University Medical School, 777 Preston Research Bldg, Nashville, TN, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:2184-91. 2004..To investigate the efficacy and safety of bevacizumab plus carboplatin and paclitaxel in patients with advanced or recurrent non-small-cell lung cancer...
- Genetic heterogeneity of the epidermal growth factor receptor in non-small cell lung cancer cell lines revealed by a rapid and sensitive detection system, the peptide nucleic acid-locked nucleic acid PCR clampYoshiaki Nagai
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Saitama Medical School, Moroyama machi, Iruma gun, Saitama, Japan
Cancer Res 65:7276-82. 2005..Genetic heterogeneity of EGFR suggests that the EGFR gene is unstable in established cancers and the heterogeneity may explain variable clinical responses of lung cancers to gefitinib...
- Structures of lung cancer-derived EGFR mutants and inhibitor complexes: mechanism of activation and insights into differential inhibitor sensitivityCai Hong Yun
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Cell 11:217-27. 2007..Strikingly, direct binding measurements show that gefitinib binds 20-fold more tightly to the L858R mutant than to the wild-type enzyme...
- Diagnostic assay based on hsa-miR-205 expression distinguishes squamous from nonsquamous non-small-cell lung carcinomaDanit Lebanony
Rosetta Genomics Ltd, 10 Plaut St, Rehovot 76706, Israel
J Clin Oncol 27:2030-7. 2009..In this study, we set out to identify specific microRNA biomarkers for the identification of squamous cell carcinoma, and to use such markers for the development of a standardized assay...
- Gefitinib in combination with paclitaxel and carboplatin in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a phase III trial--INTACT 2Roy S Herbst
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 432, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:785-94. 2004..This phase III, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trial evaluated gefitinib plus paclitaxel and carboplatin in chemotherapy-naive patients with advanced NSCLC...
- Gefitinib in combination with gemcitabine and cisplatin in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a phase III trial--INTACT 1Giuseppe Giaccone
Vrije Universiteit Medical Center, Department of Oncology, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 22:777-84. 2004..Gefitinib has demonstrated encouraging efficacy in advanced NSCLC in phase II trials in pretreated patients, and a phase I trial of gefitinib in combination with gemcitabine and cisplatin showed favorable tolerability...
- Stereotactic hypofractionated high-dose irradiation for stage I nonsmall cell lung carcinoma: clinical outcomes in 245 subjects in a Japanese multiinstitutional studyHiroshi Onishi
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, University of Yamanashi, Tamaho cho, Nakakoma gun, Japan
Cancer 101:1623-31. 2004..The authors retrospectively evaluated results from a Japanese multiinstitutional study...
- Mutations of the epidermal growth factor receptor gene in lung cancer: biological and clinical implicationsTakayuki Kosaka
Departments of Thoracic Surgery and Pathology and Molecular Diagnostics, Aichi Cancer Center Hospital, Nagoya, Japan
Cancer Res 64:8919-23. 2004..EGFR mutations define a distinct subset of pulmonary adenocarcinoma without KRAS mutations, which is not caused by tobacco carcinogens...
- Prospective phase II study of gefitinib for chemotherapy-naive patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer with epidermal growth factor receptor gene mutationsAkira Inoue
Department of Respiratory Oncology and Molecular Medicine, Institute of Development, Aging, and Cancer, Tohoku University, 4 1, Seiryomachi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
J Clin Oncol 24:3340-6. 2006..This study was undertaken to investigate the efficacy and the feasibility of gefitinib for chemotherapy-naïve patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) harboring epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) mutations...
- Lung adjuvant cisplatin evaluation: a pooled analysis by the LACE Collaborative GroupJean Pierre Pignon
Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 26:3552-9. 2008..The aim of the Lung Adjuvant Cisplatin Evaluation was to identify treatment options associated with a higher benefit or groups of patients who particularly benefit from postoperative chemotherapy...
- A five-gene signature and clinical outcome in non-small-cell lung cancerHsuan Yu Chen
National Taiwan University College of Public Health, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
N Engl J Med 356:11-20. 2007..Current staging methods are inadequate for predicting the outcome of treatment of non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC). We developed a five-gene signature that is closely associated with survival of patients with NSCLC...
- Analysis of epidermal growth factor receptor gene mutation in patients with non-small cell lung cancer and acquired resistance to gefitinibTakayuki Kosaka
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Aichi Cancer Center Hospital, 1 1 Kanokoden, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8681, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 12:5764-9. 2006..Part of this "acquired resistance" is attributable to a secondary mutation resulting in threonine to methionine at codon 790 (T790M) of EGFR...
- Multidisciplinary management of lung cancerAlexander Spira
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, MD 21231 1000, USA
N Engl J Med 350:379-92. 2004
- Mutations of the epidermal growth factor receptor gene predict prolonged survival after gefitinib treatment in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer with postoperative recurrenceTetsuya Mitsudomi
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Aichi Cancer Center Hospital, 1 1 Kanokoden, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8681, Japan
J Clin Oncol 23:2513-20. 2005..To evaluate the relationship between mutations of the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) gene and the effectiveness of gefitinib treatment in patients with recurrent lung cancer after pulmonary resection...
- Exon 19 deletion mutations of epidermal growth factor receptor are associated with prolonged survival in non-small cell lung cancer patients treated with gefitinib or erlotinibDavid M Jackman
Lowe Center of Thoracic Oncology, Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:3908-14. 2006..Our study explored the relationship between the two most common types of somatic EGFR mutations, exon 19 deletions and the L858R point mutation, and outcomes of patients following treatment with gefitinib or erlotinib...
- EGFR antagonists in cancer treatmentFortunato Ciardiello
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine and Surgery F Magrassi and A Lanzara, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
N Engl J Med 358:1160-74. 2008
- Vinorelbine plus cisplatin vs. observation in resected non-small-cell lung cancerTimothy Winton
National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group, Kingston, Ont
N Engl J Med 352:2589-97. 2005..We undertook to determine whether adjuvant vinorelbine plus cisplatin prolongs overall survival among patients with completely resected early-stage non-small-cell lung cancer...
- Molecular predictors of outcome with gefitinib and docetaxel in previously treated non-small-cell lung cancer: data from the randomized phase III INTEREST trialJean Yves Douillard
M D Anderson Cancer Center, Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, Box 432, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77401, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:744-52. 2010....
- MET amplification leads to gefitinib resistance in lung cancer by activating ERBB3 signalingJeffrey A Engelman
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Science 316:1039-43. 2007..Thus, we propose that MET amplification may promote drug resistance in other ERBB-driven cancers as well...
- Excessive toxicity when treating central tumors in a phase II study of stereotactic body radiation therapy for medically inoperable early-stage lung cancerRobert Timmerman
Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5801 Forest Park Rd, Dallas, TX 75390 9183, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:4833-9. 2006..Building on a previously reported phase I trial, we carried out a prospective phase II trial using stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) in this population...
- Multi-institutional randomized phase II trial of gefitinib for previously treated patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (The IDEAL 1 Trial) [corrected]Masahiro Fukuoka
Fourth Department of Internal Medicine, Kinki University School of Medicine, 377 2 Ohnohigashi Osakasayama, Osaka 589, Japan
J Clin Oncol 21:2237-46. 2003....
- Hypofractionated stereotactic radiotherapy (HypoFXSRT) for stage I non-small cell lung cancer: updated results of 257 patients in a Japanese multi-institutional studyHiroshi Onishi
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, Yamanashi University, Shimokato, Chuo City, Yamanashi, Japan
J Thorac Oncol 2:S94-100. 2007..We retrospectively analyzed the treatment outcome of HypoFXSRT for stage I non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) treated in a Japanese multi-institutional study...
- Gefitinib plus best supportive care in previously treated patients with refractory advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: results from a randomised, placebo-controlled, multicentre study (Iressa Survival Evaluation in Lung Cancer)Nick Thatcher
Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Lancet 366:1527-37. 2005..This placebo-controlled phase III study investigated the effect on survival of gefitinib as second-line or third-line treatment for patients with locally advanced or metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer...
- Restoration of tumour suppressor hsa-miR-145 inhibits cancer cell growth in lung adenocarcinoma patients with epidermal growth factor receptor mutationWilliam C S Cho
Department of Clinical Oncology, Room 1305, 3 F, Block R, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, 30 Gascoigne Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Eur J Cancer 45:2197-206. 2009..The present study focuses on the microRNA (miRNA) expression profiles of this important subset of lung cancer...
- Efficacy of gefitinib, an inhibitor of the epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase, in symptomatic patients with non-small cell lung cancer: a randomized trialMark G Kris
Thoracic Oncology Service, Division of Solid Tumor Oncology, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and the Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
JAMA 290:2149-58. 2003....
- Adjuvant vinorelbine plus cisplatin versus observation in patients with completely resected stage IB-IIIA non-small-cell lung cancer (Adjuvant Navelbine International Trialist Association [ANITA]): a randomised controlled trialJean Yves Douillard
Centre Rene Gauducheau, Nantes, France
Lancet Oncol 7:719-27. 2006..We aimed to compare the effect of adjuvant vinorelbine plus cisplatin versus observation on survival in patients with completely resected NSCLC...
- Accurate classification of non-small cell lung carcinoma using a novel microRNA-based approachJustin A Bishop
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:610-9. 2010..For example, hsa-miR-205 is a miRNA that is highly expressed in lung squamous cell carcinomas (SqCC) but not in lung adenocarcinomas. The differential expression of miRNAs could be exploited to distinguish these tumor types...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor gene mutations and increased copy numbers predict gefitinib sensitivity in patients with recurrent non-small-cell lung cancerToshimi Takano
Division of Internal Medicine, National Cancer Center Hospital, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
J Clin Oncol 23:6829-37. 2005..To evaluate epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) mutations and copy number as predictors of clinical outcome in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) receiving gefitinib...
- KRAS mutation is an important predictor of resistance to therapy with epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors in non-small-cell lung cancerErminia Massarelli
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030 4009, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:2890-6. 2007..In contrast, KRAS mutation has been shown to predict poor response to such therapy. We tested the utility of combinations of these three markers in predicting response and survival in patients with NSCLC treated with EGFR-TKIs...
- TSLC1 is a tumor-suppressor gene in human non-small-cell lung cancerM Kuramochi
Tumor Suppression and Functional Genomics Project, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Nat Genet 27:427-30. 2001..2. Thus, attenuation of TSLC1 expression occurred in 85% of primary tumors with LOH. Hypermethylation of the TSLC1 promoter would seem to represent the 'second hit' in NSCLC with LOH...
- Non-small cell lung cancer: epidemiology, risk factors, treatment, and survivorshipJulian R Molina
Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 83:584-94. 2008....
- Clinical course of patients with non-small cell lung cancer and epidermal growth factor receptor exon 19 and exon 21 mutations treated with gefitinib or erlotinibGregory J Riely
Thoracic Oncology Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:839-44. 2006..We undertook this study to explore the relationship between EGFR mutation type and clinical variables, including treatment with gefitinib and erlotinib...
- Restoring E-cadherin expression increases sensitivity to epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitors in lung cancer cell linesSamir E Witta
Department of Medicine Medical Oncology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center and University of Colorado Cancer Center, Campus Box 8117, PO Box 6511, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Cancer Res 66:944-50. 2006..Thus, combined HDAC inhibitor and gefitinib treatment represents a novel pharmacologic strategy for overcoming resistance to EGFR inhibitors in patients with lung cancer...
- High-throughput tissue microarray analysis used to evaluate biology and prognostic significance of the E-cadherin pathway in non-small-cell lung cancerR M Bremnes
Department of Pathology, Division of Medical Oncology, University of Colorado Cancer Center, Denver, CO, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:2417-28. 2002..We constructed tissue microarrays (TMAs) to investigate the expression of cadherins and catenins and their prognostic significance in NSCLC...
- Predictive and prognostic impact of epidermal growth factor receptor mutation in non-small-cell lung cancer patients treated with gefitinibSae Won Han
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, 110 744 Korea
J Clin Oncol 23:2493-501. 2005..This study was undertaken to investigate the effects of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) mutation and its downstream signaling on response and survival in non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients treated with gefitinib...
- EGFR mutations in non-small-cell lung cancer: analysis of a large series of cases and development of a rapid and sensitive method for diagnostic screening with potential implications on pharmacologic treatmentAntonio Marchetti
Clinical Research Center, Center of Excellence on Aging, University Foundation, Chieti, Italy
J Clin Oncol 23:857-65. 2005..Moreover, all lung adenocarcinomas were analyzed for K-ras mutations at codon 12 by allele-specific oligoprobe hybriditations...
- High-dose radiation improved local tumor control and overall survival in patients with inoperable/unresectable non-small-cell lung cancer: long-term results of a radiation dose escalation studyFeng Ming Kong
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Michigan, 1500 E Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 63:324-33. 2005..To determine whether high-dose radiation leads to improved outcomes in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Biomarkers of response to epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitors in Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer Working Group: standardization for use in the clinical trial settingDavid A Eberhard
Department of Pathology, Genentech Inc, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:983-94. 2008..Recommendations for the standardization of molecular assays are also discussed...
- Randomized Phase III trial of gefitinib versus docetaxel in non-small cell lung cancer patients who have previously received platinum-based chemotherapyDae Ho Lee
Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Sungnam, Korea
Clin Cancer Res 16:1307-14. 2010..The ISTANA (IRESSA as Second-line Therapy in Advanced NSCLC-KoreA) study compared gefitinib with docetaxel in patients with advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung carcinoma (NSCLC) pretreated with platinum-based chemotherapy...
- Evaluation of cumulative prognostic scores based on the systemic inflammatory response in patients with inoperable non-small-cell lung cancerL M Forrest
University Department of Surgery, Royal Infirmary, Glasgow G31 2ER, UK
Br J Cancer 89:1028-30. 2003..001) was comparable in prognostic value to that based on stage and performance status (HR 1.48, 95% CI 1.12 - 1.95, P=0.006) in patients with inoperable non-small-cell lung cancer. The former is simple to measure and well standardised...
- Preferences for chemotherapy in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer: descriptive study based on scripted interviewsG Silvestri
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425 2220, USA
BMJ 317:771-5. 1998..To determine how patients with lung cancer value the trade off between the survival benefit of chemotherapy and its toxicities...
- Up-regulation of tumor interleukin-8 expression by infiltrating macrophages: its correlation with tumor angiogenesis and patient survival in non-small cell lung cancerJeremy J W Chen
Institute of Biomedical Sciences and Molecular Biology, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan 402, Republic of China
Clin Cancer Res 9:729-37. 2003....
- Prognostic factors in non-small cell lung cancer: a decade of progressMichael D Brundage
Department of Oncology, Radiation Oncology Research Unit, Queen s University, Kingston, ON, Canada
Chest 122:1037-57. 2002....
- Randomized phase III trial of sequential chemoradiotherapy compared with concurrent chemoradiotherapy in locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: Groupe Lyon-Saint-Etienne d'Oncologie Thoracique-Groupe Français de Pneumo-Cancérologie NPC 95-01 StudyPierre Fournel
University Hospital, Saint Etienne Cedex 2, France
J Clin Oncol 23:5910-7. 2005..We conducted a phase III study to compare the survival impact of concurrent versus sequential treatment with radiotherapy (RT) and chemotherapy (CT) in unresectable stage III non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- EML4-ALK fusion is linked to histological characteristics in a subset of lung cancersKentaro Inamura
Department of Pathology, The Cancer Institute, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research JFCR, Tokyo, Japan
J Thorac Oncol 3:13-7. 2008..Tumors featuring EML4-ALK fusion constitute one subtype of NSCLC that might be highly sensitive to ALK inhibitors. Herein, we present results of a first large scale study of EML4-ALK fusion in lung cancers...
- Presence of epidermal growth factor receptor gene T790M mutation as a minor clone in non-small cell lung cancerMichio Inukai
Department of Cancer and Thoracic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama University, Okayama, Japan
Cancer Res 66:7854-8. 2006....
- Predominant infiltration of macrophages and CD8(+) T Cells in cancer nests is a significant predictor of survival in stage IV nonsmall cell lung cancerOsamu Kawai
Pathology Division, Research Center for Innovative Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital East, Kashiwa, Chiba, Japan
Cancer 113:1387-95. 2008..The purpose of this study was to investigate whether tumor-infiltrating immune cells in biopsy specimens can be used to predict the clinical outcome of stage IV nonsmall cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients...
- Macrophages within NSCLC tumour islets are predominantly of a cytotoxic M1 phenotype associated with extended survivalC M Ohri
Institute for Lung Health, Department of Respiratory Medicine and Thoracic Surgery, Glenfield Hospital, Groby Road, Leicester, LE3 9QP, UK
Eur Respir J 33:118-26. 2009..The survival advantage conferred by islet macrophage infiltration may be related to their cytotoxic antitumour activity...
- Staging of non-small-cell lung cancer with integrated positron-emission tomography and computed tomographyDidier Lardinois
Divisions of Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
N Engl J Med 348:2500-7. 2003....
- TRIBUTE: a phase III trial of erlotinib hydrochloride (OSI-774) combined with carboplatin and paclitaxel chemotherapy in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerRoy S Herbst
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:5892-9. 2005..Erlotinib was combined with chemotherapy to determine if it could improve the outcome of patients with NSCLC...
- An increase in the expression of ribonucleotide reductase large subunit 1 is associated with gemcitabine resistance in non-small cell lung cancer cell linesJennifer D Davidson
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Cancer Res 64:3761-6. 2004..The results from this study indicate that the level of RRM1 may affect gemcitabine response. Furthermore, RRM1 may serve as a biomarker for gemcitabine response...
- The differential efficacy of pemetrexed according to NSCLC histology: a review of two Phase III studiesGiorgio Scagliotti
Thoracic Oncology Unit, University of Turin, San Luigi Hospital, Orbassano Torino, Italy
Oncologist 14:253-63. 2009..Recent studies of pemetrexed have identified a predictive role for non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) histology. We further reviewed the differential efficacy of pemetrexed according to histology in two large, phase III NSCLC trials...
- The stromal derived factor-1/CXCL12-CXC chemokine receptor 4 biological axis in non-small cell lung cancer metastasesRoderick J Phillips
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, 90024, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 167:1676-86. 2003..These data suggest that the CXCL12-CXCR4 biological axis is involved in regulating the metastasis of non-small cell lung cancer...
- Phase III study, V-15-32, of gefitinib versus docetaxel in previously treated Japanese patients with non-small-cell lung cancerRiichiroh Maruyama
National Kyushu Cancer Center, Fukuoka, Japan
J Clin Oncol 26:4244-52. 2008..This phase III study (V-15-32) compared gefitinib (250 mg/d) with docetaxel (60 mg/m(2)) in patients (N = 489) with advanced/metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) who had failed one or two chemotherapy regimens...
- Quantification of free circulating DNA as a diagnostic marker in lung cancerGabriella Sozzi
Department of Experimental Oncology, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
J Clin Oncol 21:3902-8. 2003..This study was designed to assess the sensitivity and specificity of a quantitative molecular assay of circulating DNA to identify patients with lung cancer and monitor their disease...
- Activation of Stat3 by receptor tyrosine kinases and cytokines regulates survival in human non-small cell carcinoma cellsLanxi Song
Experimental Therapeutics, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Insitute, University of South Florida College of Medicine Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Oncogene 22:4150-65. 2003..These results demonstrate a role of Stat3 in transducing survival signals downstream of tyrosine kinases such as Src, EGF-R, and c-Met, as well as cytokines such as IL-6, in human nonsmall cell lung cancers...
- Multicenter, phase II trial of sunitinib in previously treated, advanced non-small-cell lung cancerMark A Socinski
Multidisciplinary Thoracic Oncology Program, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, CB 7305, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:650-6. 2008....
- MicroRNA-126 inhibits invasion in non-small cell lung carcinoma cell linesM Crawford
The Ohio State University Medical Center, Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, DHLRI 473 West 12th Avenue Room 201, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 373:607-12. 2008..MiR-126 alters lung cancer cell phenotype by inhibiting adhesion, migration, and invasion and the effects on invasion may be partially mediated through Crk regulation...
- Differential effects of gefitinib and cetuximab on non-small-cell lung cancers bearing epidermal growth factor receptor mutationsToru Mukohara
Lowe Center for Thoracic Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:1185-94. 2005..However, little is known about the efficacy of cetuximab, an antibody against the EGFR extracellular domain, in EGFR mutant NSCLC...
- Comparison of an inflammation-based prognostic score (GPS) with performance status (ECOG) in patients receiving platinum-based chemotherapy for inoperable non-small-cell lung cancerL M Forrest
University Department of Surgery, Royal Infirmary, Glasgow G31 2ER, Scotland, UK
Br J Cancer 90:1704-6. 2004..On multivariate analysis with ECOG, white cell count and the GPS entered as covariates, only the GPS was a significant independent predictor of survival (HR 1.88, 95% CI 1.25-2.84, P=0.002)...
- RRM1 modulated in vitro and in vivo efficacy of gemcitabine and platinum in non-small-cell lung cancerGerold Bepler
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, MRC 4W, Room 4046, 12902 Magnolia Dr, Tampa, FL 33612 9497, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:4731-7. 2006..However, the principal hypothesis that intratumoral levels of gene expression are associated with disease response has not been addressed...
- DNA methylation in tumor and matched normal tissues from non-small cell lung cancer patientsQinghua Feng
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Box 357115, Seattle, WA 98195 7115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:645-54. 2008..Detection of methylation of these genes in blood might have utility in monitoring and detecting tumor recurrence in early-stage NSCLC after curative surgical resection...
- ErbB-3 mediates phosphoinositide 3-kinase activity in gefitinib-sensitive non-small cell lung cancer cell linesJeffrey A Engelman
Department of Systems Biology, Harvard Medical School, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:3788-93. 2005..We conclude that ErbB-3 is used to couple EGFR to the PI3K/Akt pathway in gefitinib-sensitive NSCLC cell lines harboring WT and mutant EGFRs...
- Lung cancer: intragenic ERBB2 kinase mutations in tumoursPhilip Stephens
Cancer Genome Project, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton CB10 1SA, UK
Nature 431:525-6. 2004..ERBB2 inhibitors, which have so far proved to be ineffective in treating lung cancer, should now be clinically re-evaluated in the specific subset of patients with lung cancer whose tumours carry ERBB2 mutations...
- Adjuvant paclitaxel plus carboplatin compared with observation in stage IB non-small-cell lung cancer: CALGB 9633 with the Cancer and Leukemia Group B, Radiation Therapy Oncology Group, and North Central Cancer Treatment Group Study GroupsGary M Strauss
Tufts Medical Center, Division of Medical Oncology, Tufts NEMC, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:5043-51. 2008..This report provides a mature analysis of Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB) 9633, the only RCT designed specifically for stage IB NSCLC...
- Significance of p63 amplification and overexpression in lung cancer development and prognosisPierre P Massion
Department of Medicine, The Vanderbilt Ingram Comprehensive Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 2200 Pierce Avenue, PRB 640, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 6838, USA
Cancer Res 63:7113-21. 2003..These observations suggest that p63 genomic amplification has an early role in lung tumorigenesis and deserves additional evaluation as a biomarker for lung cancer progression...
- Predictors of the response to gefitinib in refractory non-small cell lung cancerKyu Sik Kim
Lung and Esophageal Cancer Clinic, Chonnam National University Hwasun Hospital, 160 Ilsim Ri, Hwasun, Jeollanam do, 519 809 South Korea
Clin Cancer Res 11:2244-51. 2005..Given that 9.5% of smokers and 6.7% of those with non-adenocarcinoma showed a mutation of the EGFR gene, the genetic profile may replace those variables as an independent predictor of a response...
- Phase I safety, pharmacokinetic, and pharmacodynamic trial of ZD1839, a selective oral epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor, in patients with five selected solid tumor typesJ Baselga
Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Oncol 20:4292-302. 2002....
- Baseline gene expression predicts sensitivity to gefitinib in non-small cell lung cancer cell linesChristopher D Coldren
Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, C272, Denver, 80262, USA
Mol Cancer Res 4:521-8. 2006..Some of these genes could be targets of pharmacologic interventions to overcome primary resistance...
- Molecular predictors of response to epidermal growth factor receptor antagonists in non-small-cell lung cancerLecia V Sequist
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:587-95. 2007....
- The role of RAS oncogene in survival of patients with lung cancer: a systematic review of the literature with meta-analysisC Mascaux
Department of Intensive Care and Thoracic Oncology, Institut Jules Bordet, Centre des Tumeurs de l Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
Br J Cancer 92:131-9. 2005..40; 95% CI 1.18-1.65) but not in studies using IHC (HR 1.08; 95% CI 0.86-1.34). RAS appears to be a pejorative prognostic factor in terms of survival in NSCLC globally, in ADC and when it is studied by PCR...
- Relation of hypoxia inducible factor 1 alpha and 2 alpha in operable non-small cell lung cancer to angiogenic/molecular profile of tumours and survivalA Giatromanolaki
Department of Pathology, Democritus University of Thrace, P O Box 128, Alexandroupolis 68100, Greece
Br J Cancer 85:881-90. 2001..Targeting the HIF pathway may prove of importance in the treatment of NSCLC...
- High frequency of epidermal growth factor receptor mutations with complex patterns in non-small cell lung cancers related to gefitinib responsiveness in TaiwanShiu Feng Huang
Division of Molecular and Genomic Medicine, National Health Research Institutes, Taipei, Taiwan
Clin Cancer Res 10:8195-203. 2004..Detection of EGFR mutations has become an important issue for therapeutic decision-making in non-small cell lung cancer...
- Cyfra 21-1, neuron specific enolase and prognosis of non-small cell lung cancer: prospective study in 621 patientsJ L Pujol
Department of Thoracic Oncology of Montpellier University Hospital, avenue du Doyen Giraud, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Lung Cancer 31:221-31. 2001..Their clinical applicability as prognostic factors in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) would need an appraisal by simultaneous evaluation of other known survival determinants in a large population followed over a long period...
- The 630-kb lung cancer homozygous deletion region on human chromosome 3p21.3: identification and evaluation of the resident candidate tumor suppressor genes. The International Lung Cancer Chromosome 3p21.3 Tumor Suppressor Gene ConsortiumM I Lerman
Laboratory of Immanobiology, National Cancer Institute, Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Maryland 21702, USA
Cancer Res 60:6116-33. 2000....
- Randomized phase III trial of pemetrexed versus docetaxel in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer previously treated with chemotherapyNasser Hanna
Indiana University, 535 Barnhill Dr, Room 473, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:1589-97. 2004..To compare the efficacy and toxicity of pemetrexed versus docetaxel in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) previously treated with chemotherapy...
- DNA synthesis and repair genes RRM1 and ERCC1 in lung cancerZhong Zheng
From the Division of Thoracic Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL
N Engl J Med 356:800-8. 2007..RRM1, the regulatory subunit of ribonucleotide reductase, is involved in carcinogenesis, tumor progression, and the response of non-small-cell lung cancer to treatment...
- Quality of life assessment of second-line docetaxel versus best supportive care in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer previously treated with platinum-based chemotherapy: results of a prospective, randomized phase III trialJanet Dancey
Toronto Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Lung Cancer 43:183-94. 2004..Patients were randomized to docetaxel 100 mg/m2 (n=49) or, after protocol amendment, to docetaxel 75 mg/m2 (n=55), or to BSC (n=100), with Lung Cancer Symptom Scale (LCSS) and/or QLQ-C30 (with LC13 module) assessment every 3 weeks...
- Survivin gene expression in early-stage non-small cell lung cancerMonica Falleni
Department of Medicine, Surgery and Dental Sciences, Division of Pathology, University of Milan, AO S Paolo, Via A Di Rudini 8, 20142 Milan, Italy
J Pathol 200:620-6. 2003..In addition, this study also documents that survivin overexpression could be exploited for diagnostic purposes and that quantitative real-time RT-PCR can be a useful tool for evaluating survivin activation in NSCLC...
- Phosphorylated Akt overexpression and loss of PTEN expression in non-small cell lung cancer confers poor prognosisJian Min Tang
Department of Respiratory, Peking University People s Hospital, Xi Cheng District, Beijing, PR China
Lung Cancer 51:181-91. 2006..Both p-Akt and PTEN are concerned with invasion and metastasis of NSCLC. Loss of PTEN expression is an independent poor prognostic factor for patients with NSCLC...
- A randomized trial of adjuvant chemotherapy with uracil-tegafur for adenocarcinoma of the lungHarubumi Kato
Department of Surgery, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
N Engl J Med 350:1713-21. 2004..A subgroup analysis disclosed that most patients who benefited had pathological stage I adenocarcinoma...
- Iscar for Supplemental Care in Stage IV Lung CancerSteven Rosenzweig; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Role of Id1 in NSCLC Progression and MetastasisSrikumar P Chellappan; Fiscal Year: 2013..We believe that an in-depth mechanistic analysis as proposed in this application will lead to the development of novel therapeutic agents for non-small cell lungs cancer based on targeting the Id1 protein. ..
- Oxidative activation of Src in smoke-induced epithelial mesenchymal transitionHenry Jay Forman; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will examine whether Src activation by CSE, H2O2 or acrolein lasts longer than Src activated by agonists that act through Tyr529 dephosphorylation. ..
- Role of EGFR in DNA Repair and Radiation Response in Non Small Cell Lung CancerCHAITANYA SURESH NIRODI; Fiscal Year: 2012..The long term goal is to develop a radiotherapeutic strategy that simulates the radiosensitizing effects of TKD-mutated EGFR in NSCLC patients. ..
- Sex-Dependent PTHrP Processing and Lung Cancer SurvivalRandolph H Hastings; Fiscal Year: 2013..This goal may be close to fruition because we have found individual cyclic guanidine compounds , a class of molecule with known effects on serine protease activity, that reduce amino PTHrP in lung cancer. ..
- Investigation of an anti-cancer phytochemical targeting Nrf2Donna D Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Development of a kit based PET molecular imaging agent: edotreotide Ga 68 for soJames F Kronauge; Fiscal Year: 2010..The access to PET imaging biomarkers, through a multi-centered IND, would accelerate testing, help standardize imaging protocols, expand availability and have a significant impact on the fields of medicine and pharmaceuticals. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of EGF Signaling &Iressa/Tarceva Inhibition in NSCLCKaren S Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2012..The studies described in this application are designed help unravel these molecular details to allow us to differentiate cancer cells from normal cells and assess the usefulness of current and new cancer therapies. ..
- SIGNALING BY NEUREGULINS AND ERBB4 IN BREAST CANCERDavid F Stern; Fiscal Year: 2013..Similarly, polymorphisms in ErbB4 itself have been genetically linked to schizophrenia. Finally, ErbB4 is potentially an important biological target for presenilin cleavage in Alzheimer's disease. ..
- REGULATION OF ANTI-TUMOR IMMUNITYEckhard R Podack; Fiscal Year: 2011..A phase I/II trial for non-small cell lung carcinoma patients will examine generation of an immune response and clinical benefit. ..
- Tools for Linking and Mining image and Genomic Data in Non-Small Cell Lung CancerSYLVIA KATINA PLEVRITIS; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- The role of EP4 in fibronectin-induced human lung cancer cell growthShouWei Han; Fiscal Year: 2010..Consistent with this idea, we have reported that Fn stimulates non small cell lung carcinoma (NSCLC) proliferation and reduces apoptosis suggesting that Fn may serve to promote tumor growth and ..
- Novel role of STAT3 in NPM/ALK-induced oncogenesisMariusz A Wasik; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Beta-arrestin-1 and Src in nAChR Signaling and Lung CaancerSrikumar P Chellappan; Fiscal Year: 2012..These studies can be expected to lead to the development of novel agents to combat cancer. ..
- Targeted Therapy for Non Small Cell Lung Carcinoma: In vivo Feasibility StudiesGinette Serrero; Fiscal Year: 2012..At the end of this phase I SBIR study, we will have established feasibility studies to develop novel therapies for lung cancer. ..
- Contrast-Enhanced and Image-Guided Surgery of Lung CancerSunil Singhal; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, we will conduct a Phase I/II clinical trial and examine if there is a benefit to standard-of-care approaches by enrolling approximately 30 human patients with non-small cell lung carcinoma (NSCLC). ..
- Targeting stem cell populations in lung cancer by modulating the Wnt and p53 pathDarren Orton; Fiscal Year: 2012..4 million deaths per year worldwide. StemStynergy is developing Wnt inhibitors to target the drug resistant cancer stem cell population to decrease metastasis and increase overall survival. ..
- A kit based PET agent: edotreotide Ga 68 for clinical imaging of somatostatin recJames F Kronauge; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Small Molecule Antibody Mimics: Toward a New Paradigm in Targeted Cancer TherapyDavid A Spiegel; Fiscal Year: 2013..As such, we believe that the proposed research is highly significant, and constitutes a critical step toward improving the lives of patients suffering with cancer and other diseases. ..
- Protein Kinase Therapeutic Targets for Non-Small Cell Lung CarcinomaMatthew L Meyerson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our insight into resistance to EGFR inhibitors will be used to design new inhibitors that overcome drug resistance mutations for all three targets. ..
- Lung extracellular matrix and tumor progressionJesse Roman; Fiscal Year: 2012..Project Narrative: This project will investigate how alterations in the connective tissue matrix of the lung promotes lung cancer progression and how agents that affect the lung matrix may inhibit this process. ..
- Detection of NSCLC-derived mutant RNA in plateletsBakhos A Tannous; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this study, we will explore blood platelets as a source for detection of NSCLC predictive/responsive biomarkers. ..
- Predictive biomarker development in lung cancer: ROS1 chromosomal rearrangementsAnthony John Iafrate; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Circulating Tumor Cells in Non-Small Cell Lung CancerJORGE J NIEVA; Fiscal Year: 2011..Subsequently, patients will be followed over the history of their disease to establish the effect of drug therapy on these cells. ..
- A novel molecular diagnostic approach to classify lung cancers and predict responBRUCE J contact MAYER; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this proposal, we will us a novel method to profile the global state of tyrosine phosphorylation in lung cancers, and assess whether it provides useful information that could be used to guide treatment. ..
- Regulation of Ras and Rho Family GTPases in Lung CancerCAROL LUCILLE WILLIAMS; Fiscal Year: 2013..This research may discover how small GTPases are activated in lung cancer and thus may identify new approaches to stop these proteins from promoting lung cancer tumorigenesis and metastasis. ..
- Regulation signatures for predicting drug resistance and its molecular mechanismsAndrej Bugrim; Fiscal Year: 2010..If successful, the methodology could lead to a number of diagnostic applications. ..
- Total Synthesis of Anticancer Agents Superstolides A & BZhendong Jin; Fiscal Year: 2010..Identification and verification of the drug target(s). In summary, the proposed research is innovative in its approach and has significance in the field of the development of new anticancer agents. ..
- Dectection of occult mediastinal lymph node mestastasesMichael Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2002..In the R33 component of the grant application these criteria will be prospectively evaluated and correlated with clinical outcome in a second, larger cohort of patients. ..
- Dectection of occult mediastinal lymph node mestastasesMichael Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2007..In the R33 component of the grant application these criteria will be prospectively evaluated and correlated with clinical outcome in a second, larger cohort of patients. ..
- SWI/SNF complex loss facilitates gene silencing during NSCLC developmentBernard E Weissman; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- ANALYSIS OF NON-SMALL CELL LUNG CARCINOMA ANTIGENSPER PETERSON; Fiscal Year: 1990....
- Bioimaging in Radiotherapy for Lung CancerNoah Choi; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development AwALISSA GREENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2004..If their studies in human subjects confirm their in-vitro data, they would like to pursue a clinical chemoprevention trial using long-term inhaled GCs in patients at high-risk for lung cancer. ..
- Redox-Active Ruthenium Complexes for Cancer TreatmentFrederick M MacDonnell; Fiscal Year: 2010..This is promising because tumor cells under hypoxic stress are one of the most difficult subpopulations of cancer cells to treat and few compounds show better activity under hypoxic conditions over normal conditions. ..
- Clinical & Microarray Data Predict Lung Cancer OutcomesMary Edgerton; Fiscal Year: 2006..e., those with mechanistic explanations), than purely unsupervised approaches. Knowledge discovery will be evaluated based on domain expertise in the molecular basis of cancer. ..
- Synthesis of Biologically Active Macrocycle MoleculesROBERT MALECZKA; Fiscal Year: 2006..Superstolide A is also active against resistant murine leukemia cells. Such tremendous biological potential makes superstolide A a very attractive candidate for total synthesis. ..
- Identifying a Cancer Stem Cell Population in Non-Small Cell Lung CarcinomaJoyce Osanyingbemi; Fiscal Year: 2009..Ultimately, the characterization of a "stem cell" population in NSCLC will help guide the development of targeted therapies against the cells most responsible for recurrent and progressive NSCLC. ..
- Measurement of Hypoxia in Non Small Cell Lung CarcinomaMichael Kelley; Fiscal Year: 2003..We believe the data from this pilot study will be useful to design future study(ies) with clinical endpoints and to guide selection of subjects for novel hypoxia-directed therapies in patients with NSCLC...
- CANCER AND LEUKEMIA GROUP BMartin Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002..The grant will also allow for continuation of meritorious pilot protocols and will allow GCC to monitor and collect data which will produce mutual benefit to the GCC and CALGB. ..
- PHASE I TRIALS OF ANTICANCER AGENTSMartin Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- UNIQUE TISSUE AND TUMOR PROCESSING FACILITYAdi Gazdar; Fiscal Year: 2003..A charge back fee system will recover some of the costs and will be used for future expansion of the Facility, which is anticipated to become self sustaining after five years. ..
- Neuropeptide Y for Cancer-Associated AnorexiaAminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2003..These two pilot studies will allow us to lay the groundwork for such larger trials. Our ultimate goal is to help cancer patients who suffer from anorexia. ..
- Creatine: Is It a Body Builder for Cancer Patients?Aminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2004..obtain longitudinal toxicity and quality of life data on this same cohort of 50 patients and will make direct comparisons between treatment arms on toxicity incidence and severity and on maximal quality of life scores ..
- Mechanisms and Therapeutics in Cancer Anorexia/CachexiaAminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2004..This K23 grant application will serve as a springboard to allow her to delve into the pathophysiology of this syndrome and to develop into an independent clinical investigator. ..
- Exercise in Patients with Advanced NSCLC: A Pilot StudyJennifer Temel; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Pharmacogenomics of Neoadjuvant Gemcitabine-Pemetrexed *Gerold Bepler; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Hypoxia-induced Proteins as Lung Cancer BiomarkersPhilip Mack; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- RRM1/PTEN Axis in Non-Small Cell Lung CancerGerold Bepler; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Changes in Functional Status Across Therapy for Primary GliomaLee Jones; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Exisulind for Chemoprevention of Lung CancerGerold Bepler; Fiscal Year: 2007..The data generated by these investigations will be important for future decisions on large-scale chemoprevention trials using disease incidence and mortality as endpoints. ..
- Gene Polymorphism & Treatment-Symptoms in Lung CancerCielito Reyes Gibby; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- NOVEL STRATEGIES FOR THE IMMUNOTHERAPY OF COLON CANCERRalph Reisfeld; Fiscal Year: 2003..The achievement of this proposal's objectives should lead to the design of effective DNA vaccines based on rational immunological principles that may ultimately lead to the improved treatment of colon cancer. ..
- BENCH TO CLINIC IN CONCURRENT CHEMORADIATION THERAPYHak Choy; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- CATIONIC LIPID/P53 GENE THERAPY IN LUNG CANCER PATIENTSRoman Perez Soler; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of this study will provide initial but very valuable information on the potential use of this new strategy in the treatment of bronchial premalignancy, carcinoma in situ, and endobronchial lung tumors. ..
- Long-Circulating Liposomal Camptothecins CAP and EAPRoman Perez Soler; Fiscal Year: 2003..Ultimately, we will seek formulation(s) that display optimized drug retention and in vivo and in vitro performance. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: Not Available ..
- INNOVATIVE TUMOR TARGETED THERAPIES FOR LUNG CANCERRoman Perez Soler; Fiscal Year: 2004..Four such candidates have already been identified. It is anticipated that a total of ten young clinical investigators will be mentored during a five-year period. ..
- LABOR MARKET OUTCOMES OF LONG TERM CANCER SURVIVORSCathy Bradley; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- In-Depth Examination of Disparities in Cancer OutcomesCathy Bradley; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Dose-Volume Modeling of Late Rectal and Bladder ToxicitySusan Tucker; Fiscal Year: 2007..We expect the results of our analyses to play an important role in furthering the development of conformal techniques in RT of the prostate and other pelvic sites. ..
- Antitumor Mechanisms of SRC Inhibitors in Lung CancerEric Haura; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effect of NSAIDs on risk of Incident Lung Cancer: a cohort studyChristopher Slatore; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetic Susceptibility Modifiers in Renal Cell CarcinomaXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such individuals may then be targeted for intervention programs such as chemoprevention or dietary modification. ..