Summary: Bronchial hemorrhage manifested with spitting of blood.
Publications262 found, 100 shown here
- Unilateral absence of the pulmonary artery incidentally found after an episode of hemoptysisYoshimichi Komatsu
First Department of Medicine, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
Intern Med 46:1805-8. 2007A 29-year-old woman was admitted to our hospital because of hemoptysis and dyspnea...
- Radiological management of hemoptysis: a comprehensive review of diagnostic imaging and bronchial arterial embolizationJoo Young Chun
Department of Radiology, St George s Hospital, Blackshaw Road, London SW17 0QT, UK
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 33:240-50. 2010b>Hemoptysis can be a life-threatening respiratory emergency and indicates potentially serious underlying intrathoracic disease. Large-volume hemoptysis carries significant mortality and warrants urgent investigation and intervention...
- Effective use of corticosteroids in treatment of plastic bronchitis with hemoptysis in Chinese adultsGang Wang
Department of Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 27:1206-12. 2006To investigate whether corticosteroids are effective in the treatment of plastic bronchitis with hemoptysis.
- Necrotizing sarcoid granulomatosis with hemoptysis: a case report and literature reviewHaidong Huang
1Department of Respiratory Diseases, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Diagn Pathol 8:79. 2013..Prednisolone was administered and the symptoms were under control untill the occurrence of intermittent hemoptysis after 10 months...
- Outcomes of bronchial artery embolization for life-threatening hemoptysis due to tuberculosis and post-tuberculosis sequelaeChandramohan Anuradha
Department of Radiology, Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India
Diagn Interv Radiol 18:96-101. 2012To determine the long-term outcomes of bronchial artery embolization in patients with massive hemoptysis due to pulmonary tuberculosis and post-tuberculosis sequelae and to study the factors influencing success.
- Dieulafoy's disease: a cause of massive hemoptysis that is probably underdiagnosedAkin Kuzucu
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Pathology, and Radiology, Inonu University, Faculty of Medicine, Turgut Ozal Medical Center, Malatya, Turkey
Ann Thorac Surg 80:1126-8. 2005..Herein, we report 2 patients with massive hemoptysis who were treated with surgical resection and later diagnosed with bronchial Dieulafoy's disease.
- An integrated approach to diagnosis and management of severe haemoptysis in patients admitted to the intensive care unit: a case series from a referral centreMuriel Fartoukh
Service de Pneumologie et Unité de Réanimation Respiratoire, Hopital Tenon, Assistance publique Hôpitaux de Paris and université Pierre et Marie Curie, 4 rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris, France
Respir Res 8:11. 2007..We reviewed a large series of patients managed in a uniform way to describe the clinical spectrum and outcome of haemoptysis in this setting, and better define the indications for bronchial artery embolisation (BAE)...
- Risk of hemoptysis in patients with resected squamous cell and other high-risk lung cancers treated with adjuvant bevacizumabMatthew D Hellmann
Thoracic Oncology Service, Division of Solid Tumor Oncology, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Weill Cornell Medical School, 300 East 66th Street, New York, NY 10065, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 72:453-61. 2013..is unknown because bevacizumab is contraindicated in patients with advanced SQCLC due to an increased risk of hemoptysis. The risk of hemoptysis may be eliminated in patients with resected SQCLCs...
- Lethal hemoptysis caused by biopsy injury of an abnormal bronchial arteryH Maxeiner
Institute of Legal Medicine, Medical School Benjamin Franklin, Free University, Berlin, Germany
Chest 119:1612-5. 2001..Several other abnormal intrabronchial arteries were found peripherally in this lung...
- Hemoptysis due to migration of a fractured Kirschner wireG T Foster
Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Long Beach Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Long Beach, CA 90822, USA
Chest 119:1285-6. 2001..Five years after placement of the Kirschner wires, the patient presented with hemoptysis. On review of chest radiographs, a fractured wire was found to have migrated from the acromioclavicular joint, ..
- [Hemoptysis and acute renal failure in a 29-year-old patient with chronic hepatitis C infection]J Marx
Medizinische Klinik IV für Gastroenterologie und Infektiologie, Universitatsklinikum Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 410, Heidelberg, Germany
Internist (Berl) 49:1120-5. 2008..An autoimmune disease should also be taken into account if new symptoms develop under an ongoing interferon alpha therapy...
- Duplication cyst of the stomach presenting as hemoptysisP Menon
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh 160 012, India
Eur J Pediatr Surg 14:429-31. 2004..with a gastric duplication cyst located in the stomach, presenting with vague abdominal pain, recurrent cough, hemoptysis and a lesion in the left lower lobe of the lung reported as a sequestration...
- Pulmonary artery occlusion with ethylene vinyl alcohol copolymer in patients with hemoptysis: initial experience in 12 casesAntoine Khalil
Department of Radiology, Tenon Hospital, and Pierre et Marie Curie University, 4 rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris, France
AJR Am J Roentgenol 198:207-12. 2012The purpose of this study was to evaluate the feasibility and efficacy of pulmonary artery occlusion with ethylene vinyl alcohol copolymer in patients with hemoptysis.
- Recurrent hemoptysis: an emerging life-threatening complication in idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertensionJoanna Zyłkowska
Department of Chest Medicine, Institute of Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases, 1, Plocka 26, 01 138 Warsaw, Poland
Chest 139:690-3. 2011b>Hemoptysis is a rarely reported complication of idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension (IPAH)...
- Hemoptysis with multiple tracheal nodulesJeff S W Wong
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong
Chest 128:3671-3. 2005
- Massive hemoptysis during pregnancyPrashant N Chhajed
Lung Care and Sleep Centre, Vashi
J Assoc Physicians India 59:660-2. 2011We report a case of pulmonary carcinoid presenting as massive hemoptysis in a pregnant patient. In our patient, diagnosis of carcinoid tumor was suspected after ruling out other probable and possible causes of hemoptysis...
- Hemoptysis--etiology, evaluation and treatment in a university hospitalF Soares Pires
Servico de Pneumologia, Hospital de Sao Joao, Porto, Portugal fi
Rev Port Pneumol 17:7-14. 2011Evaluate patients admitted for hemoptysis, its etiology, use of diagnostic tests, treatment and outcome.
- Cystic fibrosis pulmonary guidelines: pulmonary complications: hemoptysis and pneumothoraxPatrick A Flume
Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 182:298-306. 2010..There may be intermittent pulmonary exacerbations or acute worsening of infection and obstruction, which require more intensive therapies. Hemoptysis and pneumothorax are complications commonly reported in patients with cystic fibrosis.
- Recurrent hemoptysis with Penicillium marneffei and Stenotrophomonas maltophilia in Job's syndromeBosco H M Ma
Department of Surgery, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong SAR, China
Can Respir J 16:e50-2. 2009..marneffei and S. maltophilia, complicated by massive hemoptysis, is described...
- A 16-year-old girl with hemoptysis, intermittent loss of vision, and a carotid bruitDipti Gothi
Department of Respiratory Medicine, T N Medical College, BYL Nair Hospital, Mumbai 400 008, India
Chest 133:300-4. 2008
- Bronchoscopy-guided topical hemostatic tamponade therapy for the management of life-threatening hemoptysisArschang Valipour
Department of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine and Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for COPD, Otto Wagner Spital, Sanatoriumsstr 2, 1140 Wien, Vienna, Austria
Chest 127:2113-8. 2005Massive hemoptysis is a life-threatening condition. Therapeutic strategies such as interventional angiography, surgery, and/or bronchoscopy have been applied in the clinical setting with variable results...
- Mediastinal teratoma with pulmonary involvement presenting as massive hemoptysis in 2 patientsRobert Fu Chean Chen
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Wan Fang Hospital, Taipei Medical University, 111, Sec 3, Hsing Long Road, Taipei, Taiwan
Respir Care 55:1094-6. 2010Massive hemoptysis is described in many disease processes. However, a mediastinal teratoma is rarely considered in a patient presenting with massive hemoptysis...
- Recurrent cough and hemoptysis associated with tracheal capillary hemangioma in an adolescent boy: a case reportIlias Porfyridis
Critical Care and Respiratory Division, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 134:1366-7. 2007
- Risk factors for massive hemoptysis after endobronchial brachytherapy in patients with tracheobronchial malignanciesR Hara
Department of Radiation Therapy and Oncology, International Medical Center of Japan, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer 92:2623-7. 2001Massive and mostly fatal hemoptysis is a frequently reported morbidity after endobronchial brachytherapy (EBB) for tracheobronchial malignancies...
- Laryngeal hirudiniasis: an unusual cause of airway obstruction and hemoptysisYousser Mohammad
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Department of Medicine, Tishreen University, Lattakia, Syria
Pediatr Pulmonol 33:224-6. 2002Cases of childhood hemoptysis are rare and usually result from foreign body aspiration or congenital heart or lung diseases...
- Utility of fiberoptic bronchoscopy before bronchial artery embolization for massive hemoptysisE I Hsiao
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Dr, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 177:861-7. 2001..the utility of performing fiberoptic bronchoscopy before bronchial artery embolization in patients with massive hemoptysis. MATERIALS AND METHODS: We retrospectively reviewed the cases of all patients with hemoptysis who had presented ..
- [Threatening hemoptysis. Results of treatment with arterial embolization]F Andreo García
Servicio de Neumologia, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Barcelona
Rev Clin Esp 201:113-7. 2001Retrospective analysis the immediate and long-term efficacy of embolization of bronchial and systemic arteries in the treatment of threatening or relapsing hemoptysis.
- Pulmonary resection for massive hemoptysis of benign etiologyAdel Ayed
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University and Chest Diseases Hospital, Safat, Kuwait
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 24:689-93. 2003To assess the outcome of pulmonary resection in the management of massive hemoptysis caused by benign lung diseases.
- Innominate artery aneurysm with hemoptysis and airway compression in a patient with bovine aortic archIvan Constenla
Section of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Hospital Universitario Vall d Hebron, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Vasc Surg 56:822-5. 2012We present the case of a 63-year-old man with a bovine aortic arch variation, who presented episodes of mild hemoptysis secondary to a 4...
- A 21-year-old man with fever and sore throat rapidly progressive to hemoptysis and respiratory failure. Diagnosis: Lemierre syndrome with Fusobacterium necrophorum sepsisMatthew Jankowich
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital, Brown Medical School, Department of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Chest 132:1706-9. 2007
- Tracheal lobular capillary hemangioma: a rare cause of recurrent hemoptysisSarosh Irani
Department of Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Division, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Chest 123:2148-9. 2003..We present the case of a 72-year-old woman with recurrent hemoptysis due to a small tumor of the proximal trachea...
- Seasonal variation in cryptogenic and noncryptogenic hemoptysis hospitalizations in FranceF Boulay
Department of Public Health and Medical Information, Nice Teaching Hospital, France
Chest 118:440-4. 2000To determine the potential role of seasonality in hospitalizations for cryptogenic and noncryptogenic hemoptysis in the French population.
- Postcoital hemoptysis: our experience and review of the literatureLeonardo Fuks
Pulmonary Institute, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqwa 49100, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Respir Med 103:1828-31. 2009b>Hemoptysis after physical activity is a well-known phenomenon. Hemoptysis following sexual intercourse is rarely reported...
- New procedure: bronchoscopic endobronchial sealing; a new mode of managing hemoptysisParthasarathi Bhattacharyya
EKO Bronchoscopy Centre, Calcutta, India
Chest 121:2066-9. 2002Six patients with hemoptysis were treated by endobronchial sealing, with n-butyl cyanoacrylate, of the bleeding segment or subsegment...
- Massive hemoptysis: an update on the role of bronchoscopy in diagnosis and managementL Sakr
Thoracic Endoscopy Unit, Sainte Marguerite University Hospital, Marseille, France
Respiration 80:38-58. 2010b>Hemoptysis is frequently encountered in clinical practice, and may be the presenting symptom of a number of diseases...
- Pheochromocytoma presenting as massive hemoptysis and acute respiratory failureTakeshi Yoshida
Emergency and Critical Care Medical Center, Osaka City General Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Am J Emerg Med 27:626.e3-4. 2009Massive hemoptysis, an extremely life-threatening condition with a high mortality, requires prompt diagnosis...
- Peripheral pulmonary arterial pseudoaneurysms: therapeutic implications of endovascular treatment and angiographic classificationsSuyoung Shin
Department of Radiology and Institute of Health Science, Gyeongsang National University, 90 Chiram dong, Jinju 660 702, South Korea Kemyeong University Hospital, Daegu, South Korea
Radiology 256:656-64. 2010..To classify peripheral pulmonary arterial pseudoaneurysms (PAPs) associated with infectious lung diseases according to angiographic findings and to determine treatment options for PAPs on the basis of angiographic classifications...
- Intravascular migration of fractured sternal wire presenting with hemoptysisA J Schreffler
Department of Surgery, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Wichita 67214, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 71:1682-4. 2001..sternal wire punctured the heart, embolized to the right lung, and eroded into a bronchus causing massive hemoptysis. It was safely removed through a median sternotomy...
- Serum vascular endothelial growth factor and angiopoietin-2 are associated with the severity of systemic inflammation rather than the presence of hemoptysis in patients with inflammatory lung diseaseHye Yun Park
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50 Irwon dong, Gangnam Gu, Seoul 135 710, Korea
Yonsei Med J 53:369-76. 2012..The purpose of this study was to investigate whether serum VEGF and Ang-2 are associated with the presence of hemoptysis and the extent of systemic inflammation in patients with inflammatory lung diseases.
- Endobronchial stent insertion to manage hemoptysis caused by lung cancerIn Hee Chung
Department of Radiology, Dankook University College of Medicine, Cheonan, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 25:1253-5. 2010b>Hemoptysis in patients with lung cancer is not uncommon and sometimes have dangerous consequences...
- Endobronchial argon plasma coagulation for treatment of hemoptysis and neoplastic airway obstructionR C Morice
Section of Interventional Pulmonary Medicine, Department of Pulmonary Medicine, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Chest 119:781-7. 2001To evaluate the usefulness of endobronchial argon plasma coagulation (APC) for the treatment of hemoptysis and neoplastic airway obstruction.
- A prospective evaluation of hemoptysis cases in a tertiary referral hospitalOguz Uzun
Deparment of Pulmonary Medicine, Ondokuz Mayis University, Samsun, Turkey
Clin Respir J 4:131-8. 2010b>Hemoptysis is symptomatic of a potentially serious and life-threatening thoracic disease...
- A case of Hughes-Stovin syndrome associated with hyperhomocysteinemiaHyun Ok Kim
Department of Internal Medicine and Institute of Health Science, Gyeongsang National University College of Medicine, 90, Chilam Dong, Jinju, 660 702, Republic of Korea
Clin Rheumatol 29:807-9. 2010..A 24-year-old man who has no clinical features suggestive of Behcet's disease was admitted for hemoptysis and dyspnea...
- Transcatheter embolization of bronchial artery arising from left circumflex coronary artery in a patient with massive hemoptysisJaemin Cho
Department of Radiology, Gyeongsang National University Hospital, Jinju, Republic of Korea
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 33:169-72. 2010..It is possible that this abnormality may be associated with hemoptysis in patients with parenchymal or vascular disease of the lung but this condition is very rare...
- Cardiac bronchus: a rare cause of hemoptysisM Bentala
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 22:643-5. 2002In this paper, we present a case history, involving a 70-year-old male patient with hemoptysis due to an accessory cardiac bronchus, which was treated successfully by resection.
- Hemoptysis secondary to pulmonary pseudoaneurysm 30 years after a gunshot woundC Savage
Department of Surgery, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 71:1021-3. 2001A 49-year-old man presented with intermittent hemoptysis from a traumatic pulmonary artery pseudoaneurysm 30 years following a thoracic gunshot wound. The patient was asymptomatic for 28...
- Bronchial artery embolization : experience with 54 patientsKaren L Swanson
Department of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Internal Medicine, Mayo Medical School and Mayo Medical Center, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Chest 121:789-95. 2002..To report our experience with bronchial arteriography and bronchial artery embolization (BAE)...
- A 44-year-old man with hemoptysis: a review of pertinent imaging studies and radiographic interventionsArlene Sirajuddin
Section of Thoracic Imaging, Imaging Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 75:601-7. 2008..computed tomography (CT), multidetector CT angiography, and conventional thoracic angiography are all useful in assessing patients with hemoptysis. In this paper we outline our approach to assessing and treating these patients.
- Clinical characteristics of patients with acute pulmonary embolism: data from PIOPED IIPaul D Stein
Department of Research, St Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital, Pontiac, Mich 48341 5023, USA
Am J Med 120:871-9. 2007....
- A few good men: a Marine with hemoptysis and diarrhea. Idiopathic pulmonary hemosiderosis and celiac sprueDanira H Mayes
Walter Reed Army Medical Center, 6900 Georgia Avenue, Washington, DC 20307, USA
Chest 134:644-7. 2008
- Life-threatening hemoptysis in adults with community-acquired pneumonia due to Panton-Valentine leukocidin-secreting Staphylococcus aureusVeronique Boussaud
Service de Pneumologie et de Reanimation Respiratoire, Hôpital Tenon Université Paris VI, 4 rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris, France
Intensive Care Med 29:1840-3. 2003Three new consecutive cases of life-threatening hemoptysis in adults with community-acquired pneumonia due to Panton-Valentine leukocidin-secreting Staphylococcus aureus are presented, focusing on the particular clinical presentation of ..
- A rare cause of hemoptysis: benign sugar (clear) cell tumor of the lungAlfredo N C Santana
Division of Respiratory Diseases, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 25:652-4. 2004..A 48-year-old man presented with one episode of hemoptysis. Chest radiographs revealed a round nodule in the lower left lung lobe, and fiberoptic bronchoscopy was normal...
- Bronchial to coronary artery fistulas: an important sign of silent coronary artery disease and potential complication during bronchial artery embolizationB Peynircioglu
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Acta Radiol 48:171-2. 2007..Embolization was performed successfully without complication, and an underlying important coronary artery stenosis was subsequently found by coronary computed tomography angiography...
- Bronchial and nonbronchial systemic arteries at multi-detector row CT angiography: comparison with conventional angiographyMartine Remy-Jardin
Department of Radiology, Hopital Calmette, University Center of Lille, Blvd Jules Leclerc, 59037 Lille, France
Radiology 233:741-9. 2004To retrospectively evaluate bronchial and nonbronchial systemic arteries at multi-detector row helical computed tomography (CT) compared with conventional angiography in patients undergoing endovascular treatment of hemoptysis.
- Bronchial artery embolization for the management of hemoptysis in oncology patients: utility and prognostic factorsGin R Wang
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Section of Interventional Radiology, Unit 325, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 20:722-9. 2009..To evaluate the utility of bronchial artery embolization (BAE) in the oncology population and determine prognostic factors...
- Hemoptysis: a rare cause can be related to a bronchial varix due to pulmonary venous obstructionSheldon Wiebe
The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, M5G 1X8, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pediatr Radiol 33:884-6. 2003..described in the radiology literature, can be the result of pulmonary venous obstruction and may present with hemoptysis. This case is an illustration of this rare condition, which correlates CT findings with bronchoscopic findings...
- The menacing pulmonary artery aneurysms of Behçet's syndromeV Hamuryudan
Clin Exp Rheumatol 22:S1-3. 2004
- Severe hemoptysis 6 years after coronary artery bypass graftingBart J Gypen
Department of Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, University Hospital of Antwerp, Edegem, Belgium
Ann Thorac Surg 75:999-1001. 2003A patient with a history of coronary artery bypass grafting was admitted with severe hemoptysis. Bronchoscopy showed recent bleeding with clot formation in the lingular bronchus, but no tumor was visualized...
- Cryptogenic hemoptysis: from a benign to a life-threatening pathologic vascular conditionLaurent Savale
Hopital Tenon, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 4 rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 175:1181-5. 2007Data on hemoptysis of unknown origin (i.e., "cryptogenic") are scarce and the outcome of patients affected is controversial.
- Diffuse alveolar hemorrhage syndromesU Specks
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Curr Opin Rheumatol 13:12-7. 2001..To provide the practicing specialist with a rational diagnostic and management approach to the patient with DAH, this review summarizes the most recent publications and salient information derived from older publications...
- Added benefit of thoracic aortography after transarterial embolization in patients with hemoptysisHo Jong Chun
Department of Radiology, Kangnam St Mary s Hospital, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, 505 Banpo Dong, Seocho Ku, Seoul 137 040, Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 180:1577-81. 2003The purpose of this study was to examine the usefulness of thoracic aortography performed after transarterial embolization in identifying additional arteries responsible for causing hemoptysis.
- Hemoptysis caused by Hughes-Stovin syndromeChu Lin Tsai
Department of Emergency Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Emerg Med 23:209-11. 2005
- Massive hemoptysis due to Rasmussen aneurysm: detection with helicoidal CT angiography and successful steel coil embolizationClément Picard
Service de Réanimation Respiratoire et de Pneumologie, Hopital Tenon, 4 rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris, France
Intensive Care Med 29:1837-9. 2003To present the successful management of two cases of massive hemoptysis related to pulmonary aneurysms in patients with active tuberculosis.
- Pulmonary edema and hemoptysis after breath-hold diving at residual volumePeter Lindholm
Centre for Environmental Physiology, Karolinska Institutet, 17177, Stockholm, Sweden
J Appl Physiol (1985) 104:912-7. 2008..The study was undertaken to investigate whether such diving could cause pulmonary edema and hemoptysis. Eleven volunteer breath-hold divers who regularly dive on full exhalation performed repeated dives to 6 m ..
- Catamenial hemoptysis and pulmonary endometriosis: a case reportZhong Yu
Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai Services at Queens Hospital Center, 82 68 164th Street, Jamaica, NY 11432, USA
Mt Sinai J Med 69:261-3. 2002b>Hemoptysis can be caused by a variety of pulmonary diseases, including parasitic infections, tuberculosis, chronic bronchitis and malignancies...
- Bronchial and nonbronchial systemic artery embolization for life-threatening hemoptysis: a comprehensive reviewWoong Yoon
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Chonnam National University Hospital, Chonnam National University Medical School, 8 Hak 1 Dong, Dong Gu, Gwangju 501 757, South Korea
Radiographics 22:1395-409. 2002Massive hemoptysis is one of the most dreaded of all respiratory emergencies and can have a variety of underlying causes. In 90% of cases, the source of massive hemoptysis is the bronchial circulation...
- Dyspnea and hemoptysis develop in a young man with prostatitisCarolina Q See
Section of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago Hospital, 60612 7323, USA
Chest 128:3625-8. 2005
- Use of multidetector row CT to evaluate the need for bronchial arterial embolization in hemoptysis patientsHidenori Mori
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu, Japan
Respiration 80:24-31. 2010Bronchial artery (BA) embolization (BAE) is recommended as a minimally invasive therapy for hemoptysis, though some patients recover after only conservative treatment.
- Long-term outcome and lung cancer incidence in patients with hemoptysis of unknown originF Herth
Department of Endoscopy, Thoraxklinik, Heidelberg, Germany
Chest 120:1592-4. 2001..To provide current data on the long-term outcome and incidence of lung cancer in a large cohort of patients with hemoptysis of unknown origin. DESIGN: A retrospective chart review followed by a telephone interview for follow-up...
- Radiologic vignette: Hughes-Stovin syndromeAryeh Fischer
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, USA
Arthritis Rheum 53:114-6. 2005
- Multidisciplinary management of life-threatening massive hemoptysis: a 10-year experienceNorihisa Shigemura
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Ann Thorac Surg 87:849-53. 2009Life-threatening massive hemoptysis requires prompt action and thoracic surgical input...
- Unilateral diaphragmatic paralysis following bronchial artery embolization for hemoptysisS A Chapman
Royal Adelaide Hospital Chest Clinic, Adelaide, Australia
Chest 118:269-70. 2000Bronchial artery embolization is an effective treatment for patients with hemoptysis. Serious complications are rare, but may occur if the arterial supply to other structures is compromised...
- Shock complicating successful bronchial artery embolization for severe hemoptysisVincent Labbe
Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation, Hopital Tenon, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Chest 135:215-7. 2009..Bronchial artery embolization (BAE) complications are uncommon. We describe three patients who had a shock related to splenic infarction after a successful BAE...
- Quality of life after palliative radiotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer: a prospective studyJ A Langendijk
Radiotherapeutisch Instituut Limburg, Heerlen, The Netherlands
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 47:149-55. 2000..Additionally, the correlation between the level of symptom relief and objective tumor response was investigated...
- Hydatid disease of lungs unusual cause of hemoptysisSahul Bharti
Indian Pediatr 39:1062-3. 2002
- [Endovascular treatment of massive hemoptysis by bronchial artery embolization: short-term and long-term follow-up over a 15-year period]M A de Gregorio
Unidad de Cirugía Mínimamente Invasiva Guiada por Imagen, Universidad de Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain
Arch Bronconeumol 42:49-56. 2006To present our experience of using arterial embolization for the endovascular treatment of massive hemoptysis along with the results of follow-up over a 15-year period.
- A 36-year-old woman with hemoptysis and a lung mass 3 months after deliveryAnnette Esper
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Chest 130:1620-3. 2006
- Reassessing bronchial artery embolotherapy with newer spherical embolic materialsKikkeri N Vinaya
J Vasc Interv Radiol 15:304-5. 2004
- Klippel-Trenauney-Weber syndrome associated with hemoptysisArup Kumar Ghosh
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol, United Kingdom
Ann Thorac Surg 77:1843-5. 2004We report a case of Klippel-Trenaunay-Weber syndrome presenting with hemoptysis.
- Hemoptysis in a 38-year-old woman receiving an oral contraceptiveMehrdad M Behnia
St Joseph Hospital, Augusta, GA, USA
Chest 125:1944-7. 2004
- Microcatheter placement through a side hole created in a 5-F catheter into proximal subclavian arterial branches causing hemoptysisJe Hwan Won
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Soonchunhyang University, Cheonan Hospital, Cheonan, Republic of Korea
J Vasc Interv Radiol 15:881-4. 2004Five patients with moderate to massive hemoptysis who had a bronchial artery of anomalous origin or a nonbronchial systemic artery originating from the proximal subclavian artery underwent microcatheter placement through a created side ..
- Successful use of recombinant factor VII in massive hemoptysis due to community-acquired pneumoniaJames A Macdonald
Critical Care Research Group, The Prince Charles Hospital, Chermside QLD, Australia
Chest 130:577-9. 2006..rFVIIa may be a useful temporizing measure in the unstable patient with pulmonary hemorrhage without coagulopathic bleeding when conventional treatment is not immediately available...
- The effectiveness of embolotherapy for treatment of hemoptysis in patients with varying severity of tuberculosis by assessment of chest radiographyWoocheol Kwon
Department of Radiology, Yonsei University Wonju College of Medicine, 162 Ilsandong, Wonju, Ganwondo 220 701, Korea
Yonsei Med J 47:377-83. 2006The effectiveness of percutaneous embolotherapy in cases of hemoptysis due to pulmonary tuberculosis from increasing severity of lung parenchymal injury was compared...
- [Etiology of hemoptysis: Prospective analysis of 752 cases]M Haro Estarriol
Seccion de Neumologia, Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital General de Albacete, Spain
Rev Clin Esp 201:696-700. 2001To know the etiology of hemoptysis and its distribution in our area compared with other current and historic series.
- Dieulafoy's disease of the lung: a potential disaster for the bronchoscopistChristoph Löschhorn
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Kantonsspital St Gallen, St Gallen, Switzerland
Respiration 73:562-5. 2006..Endobronchial ultrasound may be helpful in detecting the vascular nature of the lesion...
- Hemoptysis following extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy: a case of lithotripsy-induced pulmonary contusion in a pediatric patientJeffrey M Tiede
Department of Anesthesiology, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, MN, USA
J Clin Anesth 15:530-3. 2003..an unusual case in which a pediatric patient sustained iatrogenic pulmonary contusion resulting in severe hemoptysis. Aside from being a rare complication of pediatric extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy, our case is unique in ..
- Lung cancer. Palliative carePaul A Kvale
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, Allergy, Immunology, and Sleep Disorders Medicine, Henry Ford Health System, 2799 West Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Chest 123:284S-311S. 2003..and it will also address the palliation of specific problems that are commonly seen in lung cancer: metastases to the brain, spinal cord, and bones; hemoptysis; tracheoesophageal fistula; and obstruction of the superior vena cava.
- Massive hemoptysis requiring intensive careThun How Ong
Department of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, Singapore General Hospital, Outram Road, Singapore169608, Singapore
Intensive Care Med 29:317-20. 2003Massive hemoptysis can cause airway or hemodynamic compromise requiring intensive care. We reviewed the management and outcome of this group of patients in our institution.
- Etiology and management of pediatric hemoptysisP S Batra
Division of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Children's Memorial Hospital, 2300 Children's Plaza, Box 25, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 127:377-82. 2001OBJECTIVE: To review the diagnostic and treatment strategies of hemoptysis in children. DESIGN: Retrospective analysis of patients evaluated between January 1, 1995, and August 31, 1999. SETTING: Tertiary pediatric referral center...
- Dieulafoy's disease of the bronchus in association with a paravertebral neurilemomaE Stoopen
Department of Surgery, The ABC Medical Center, Mexico City, Mexico
Chest 119:292-4. 2001..We present the case of a 51-year-old man with severe hemoptysis and epistaxis. Chest radiographs showed diffuse density in the right base and a mass in the pedicle of T4...
- [Frequency and causes of hemoptysis and role of bronchoscopy in patients with normal chest roentgenogram hospitalized in the Department of Physiopneumonology Silesian Medical University in the years 1961-1996]J Kaminski
Semodzielny Publiczny Szpital Kliniczny nr 3 Klinika Ftizjopneumonologii w Zabrzu Slaskiej w Katowicach
Pneumonol Alergol Pol 69:663-8. 2001Among 3498 patients with hemoptysis 513 had normal chest x-ray picture. Bronchoscopy performed in all these patients allowed to recognise malignant neoplasms of the lungs, trachea and pharynx in 109 patients...
- Posterior circulation infarct after bronchial artery embolization and coilingDavid B Fitzgerald
Department of Neurology, McKnight Brain Institute, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 0236, USA
Neurology 65:1312. 2005
- Hemoptysis: diagnosis and managementRoberta Lenner
Intensive Care Unit, Bronx, NY, USA
Compr Ther 28:7-14. 2002b>Hemoptysis is a frightening and potentially life-threatening symptom. However, most cases can be approached effectively with conservative management...
- Hemoptysis: diagnosis and managementJacob L Bidwell
University of Wisconsin Medical School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53215, USA
Am Fam Physician 72:1253-60. 2005b>Hemoptysis is the spitting of blood that originated in the lungs or bronchial tubes. The patient's history should help determine the amount of blood and differentiate between hemoptysis, pseudohemoptysis, and hematemesis...
- Manifestations of hemoptysis. How to manage minor, moderate, and massive bleedingJohn L Johnson
Division of Infectious Diseases, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Room E 202, Tuberculosis Research Unit, 10900 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44106 4984, USA
Postgrad Med 112:101-6, 108-9, 113. 2002b>Hemoptysis is a frightening symptom for patients and often is a manifestation of significant underlying disease...
- [Hemoptysis: methods of localization]Favre Laurent
Service de Pneumologie, CHUV, 1011 Lausanne
Rev Med Suisse 1:2659-63. 2005Depending on the amount of bleeding, chest radiograph localises the origin of an hemoptysis in 20 to 50% of cases. Computed tomography (CT) scan of the chest is the most accurate method used to localise and identify the source of bleeding...
- [Usefulness of computerized tomography and bronchoscopy in patients with hemoptysis. Analysis of 482 cases]M Haro
Seccion de Neumologia, Servicios de Medicina Interna y Radiologia, Hospital Universitario Dr Josep Trueta, Avda de Francia s n 17007 Girona
An Med Interna 19:59-65. 2002We have examined the computed chest tomography (CT) and bronchoscopy utility in diagnosis and accurately identifying the sites of pulmonary bleeding in patients with hemoptysis.
- The pulmonary physician in critical care * Illustrative case 7: Assessment and management of massive haemoptysisJ L Lordan
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne NE7 7DN, UK
Thorax 58:814-9. 2003
- Clinical signs, clinicopathological findings, etiology, and outcome associated with hemoptysis in dogs: 36 cases (1990-1999)Nathan L Bailiff
Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 38:125-33. 2002b>Hemoptysis, the expectoration of blood or bloody mucus from the respiratory tract at or below the larynx, was retrospectively evaluated in 36 dogs. Cough, tachypnea, and dyspnea were common historical and physical examination signs...
- Peripheral pulmonary artery pseudoaneurysms and massive hemoptysisHala Sbano
Department of Imaging, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Rd, London W12 0HS, England
AJR Am J Roentgenol 184:1253-9. 2005..and etiology of pulmonary artery pseudoaneurysms in patients undergoing bronchial angiography for massive hemoptysis and to assess patient outcome after the embolization of these pseudoaneurysms...
- Surgical management of tuberculosis-related hemoptysisAbdullah Erdogan
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Akdeniz University Faculty of Medicine, Antalya, Turkey
Ann Thorac Surg 79:299-302. 2005..However, medical treatment usually fails in the management of tuberculosis-related hemoptysis. In this paper, we review our experience in the surgical treatment of tuberculosis-related hemoptysis.
- Angiogenesis in the LungElizabeth Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2010..pulmonary diseases such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, and chronic thromboembolism where inflammation, edema, and hemoptysis contribute to lung pathology. The mechanisms responsible for the growth of new vessels are not understood...
- Bronchial Vascular Proliferation and FunctionElizabeth Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2012..Furthermore, results may explain properties of bronchial vessels that contribute to hemoptysis and loss of pulmonary function.
- Mustard Gas Exposure and Carcinogenesis of the LungCharles Giardina; Fiscal Year: 2007..tissue analyzed will be derived from a current Iranian study of mustard gas victims referred to the clinic for hemoptysis evaluation...
- Photodynamic Therapy for the Treatment of Obstructive E*Todd Demmy; Fiscal Year: 2007..Tumor response and symptom relief (cough, dyspnea, hemoptysis) will be determined at Day 5, one month and three months...
- Drug-eluting Tracheobronchial Stents to treat Obstruction caused by Lung CancerNarmada Shenoy; Fiscal Year: 2007..Palliative reopening of the affected airways often alleviates symptoms such as dyspnea, cough, or hemoptysis. Endobronchial interventions provide rapid relief of symptoms, improved quality of life, and may indirectly ..
- Detection and Significance of Antifungal Resistance in Oropharyngeal CandidiasisThomas F Patterson; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research is aimed at developing rapid molecular tests to detect yeasts which are resistant to antifungal agents in order to allow early use of more effective therapy. ..
- Regulatory T Cells in Cardiac Allograft ToleranceAshok Muniappan; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will test this hypothesis by performing a longitudinal in vitro characterization of regulatory T cells from different lymphoid compartments in tolerant heart/kidney recipients. ..
- Progenitor Cells in Diabetes Impaired Wound HealingKenneth Liechty; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- "MENTORED PATIENT-ORIENTED RESEARCH CAREER DEVELOPMENT AWARD"Allon Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- A Decision Aid for Cancer-Surviving AdolescentsPatricia Hollen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Data will be collected during a semistructured interview for the initial and 12-month clinic visits. Generalized linear models will be used for data analyses. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Phase 2 Study of PEG-Intron in Hereditary Hemorrhagic T*Karen Swanson; Fiscal Year: 2008..Patients can die from refractory liver failure and heart failure. Patients with diffuse pulmonary involvement have significant hypoxemia and exercise tolerance may be affected with treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effect of NSAIDs on risk of Incident Lung Cancer: a cohort studyChristopher Slatore; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Prospective Investigation for Pulmonary Embolism Dx IIIPaul Stein; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Reducing Barriers to Pain and Fatigue ManagementBetty Ferrell; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Expired CO2/O2 Analysis to Diagnose Pulmonary EmbolismJEFFREY KLINE; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project will fund a clinical study designed to test the diagnostic accuracy of a hand- held breath device that detects the altered gas exchange physiology caused by PE in post-surgical and other patients at high risk for PE. ..
- MECHANISM OF PAIN IN PATIENTS WITH FIBROMYALGIA SYNDROMERoland Staud; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, our findings may contribute to the understanding of pain mechanisms related to other chronic pain disorders. ..
- PATIENT AND PUBLIC EDUCATION IN CANCER PAIN MANAGEMENTBetty Ferrell; Fiscal Year: 2002..This course will impact 120 healthcare settings to improve pain management and quality of life in cancer patients and to establish model pain education programs for national dissemination. ..
- Oncology Nursing Education in End of Life CareBetty Ferrell; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal includes extensive evaluation planned to monitor individual and institutional dissemination. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PROSPECTIVE INVESTIGATION OF PULMONARY EMBOLISM DX-IIPaul Stein; Fiscal Year: 2003..4) The team of investigators is strong, and has collaborated previously in successful research in PE. ..
- End of Life Nursing Education through Graduate ProgramsBetty Ferrell; Fiscal Year: 2006..This proposal includes extensive evaluation planned to monitor individual and institutional dissemination. ..
- Pretest Probability Assessment for Pulmonary EmbolismJEFFREY KLINE; Fiscal Year: 2005..In phase III, we will test the validity of the PE PREtest Consult TM and determine if the use of the PE PREtest ConsultTM will decrease unnecessary testing for PE. ..
- Surrogate markers for Severe Pulmonary EmbolismJEFFREY KLINE; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study will determine if criteria that are widely and immediately available in most hospitals can be used to risk-stratify severity of PE and to clarify the role of nonmalignant thrombophilias on the prognosis of PE. ..
- Peripheral and Central Mechanism of Pain in Patients with FibromyalgiaROLAND M STAUD; Fiscal Year: 2010..Either way, we will provide evidence that will characterize the role of local anesthesia, placebo analgesia, or both. Thus patients with FM and other similar pain syndromes may strongly benefit from the results of our study. ..
- ULTRASOUND-INDUCED LUNG DAMAGE ASSESSMENTWILLIAM O BRIEN; Fiscal Year: 2002..The theoretical studies provide a mathematical basis for understanding the basic mechanism so that another approach is available for extrapolating to humans. ..
- Growth hormone secretagogue MK-677 therapy in CKD and ESRDWARREN BOLTON; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PR3-ANCA Subsets and Disease PhenotypeUlrich Specks; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study will provide new insights into the potential pathogenic role of PR3-ANCA that are not obtainable in any other way, and will constitute the most definitive study of these antibodies to date. ..
- NEPHRITOGENIC EPITOPES IN GOODPASTURES SYNDROMEWARREN BOLTON; Fiscal Year: 2001..Further, the knowledge resultant from these investigations may provide a basis for the eventual development of specific therapeutic interventions for Goodpasture's syndrome. ..