maxillary sinus neoplasms
Summary: Neoplasms or tumors of the maxillary sinus. The majority of paranasal sinus neoplasms arise here. They develop silently when confined to the sinus and produce symptoms on extension through the walls.
Publications187 found, 100 shown here
- Tumor suppressive microRNA-375 regulates lactate dehydrogenase B in maxillary sinus squamous cell carcinomaTakashi Kinoshita
Department of Functional Genomics, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 8 1 Inohana Chuo ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Int J Oncol 40:185-93. 2012..The identification of a cancer network regulated by the miR-375 tumor suppressor could provide new insights into the molecular mechanisms of MSSCC oncogenesis...
- Treatment outcomes between concurrent chemoradiotherapy and combination of surgery, radiotherapy, and/or chemotherapy in stage III and IV maxillary sinus cancer: multi-institutional retrospective analysisJung Hun Kang
Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Health Science, Gyeongsang National University College of Medicine, Jinju, Korea
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 70:1717-23. 2012..The objective of the present study was to retrospectively compare the efficacy of 2 traditional treatment strategies, concurrent chemoradiotherapy (CCRT) versus combination of surgery and radiotherapy and/or chemotherapy (SRCT) in MSC...
- Definitive radiotherapy with or without chemotherapy for T3-4N0 squamous cell carcinoma of the maxillary sinus and nasal cavityNa Young Jang
Department of Radiation Oncology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yongon Dong, Jongno gu, 110 744 Seoul, Republic of Korea
Jpn J Clin Oncol 40:542-8. 2010..To evaluate the efficacy and toxicity of definitive radiotherapy with or without chemotherapy for T3-4 squamous cell carcinoma of maxillary sinus and nasal cavity...
- Postoperative radiotherapy for maxillary sinus cancer: long-term outcomes and toxicities of treatmentIan J Bristol
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 68:719-30. 2007..To determine the effects of three changes in radiotherapy technique on the outcomes for patients irradiated postoperatively for maxillary sinus cancer...
- Combined therapy after superselective arterial cisplatin infusion to treat maxillary squamous cell carcinomaKiyoto Shiga
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Tohoku University Hospital, Sendai, Japan
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 136:1003-9. 2007..We sought to assess the efficacy of combined therapy after superselective arterial cisplatin infusion (SACI) therapy to treat the maxillary squamous cell carcinoma...
- Immunohistochemical analysis of small cell carcinoma of the head and neck: a report of four patients and a review of sixteen patients in the literature with ectopic hormone productionH Mineta
Department of Otolaryngology, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Japan
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 110:76-82. 2001..Antidiuretic hormone and adrenocorticotropic hormone were the hormones that caused clinical symptoms (paraneoplastic syndromes). We believe that the evaluation of hormonal syndromes is valuable for diagnosis and treatment...
- Factors affecting survival in maxillary sinus cancerNeil Bhattacharyya
Diovision of Otolaryngology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 333 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 61:1016-21. 2003..The study goal was to determine survival parameters and clinical factors influencing survival for maxillary sinus malignancies...
- Patterns of failure after combined-modality approaches incorporating radiotherapy for sinonasal undifferentiated carcinoma of the head and neckAllen M Chen
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California, San Francisco Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, CA, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 70:338-43. 2008..To report the clinical outcome of patients treated with combined-modality approaches for sinonasal undifferentiated carcinoma (SNUC) of the head and neck...
- Radiotherapy in maxillary sinus carcinomas: evaluation of 79 casesZeynep Ozsaran
Ege University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Radiation Oncology, Izmir, Turkey
Rhinology 41:44-8. 2003..The aim of this study is to evaluate the outcome of patients with maxillary sinus carcinoma after radiotherapy regarding local control, prognostic factors and morbidity of treatment...
- Stage III-IV sinonasal and nasal cavity carcinoma treated with three-dimensional conformal radiotherapyAnna Maria Gabriele
Department of Radiotherapy, San Giovanni Antica Sede Hospital, Turin, Italy
Tumori 94:320-6. 2008..To report the dosimetric data and clinical outcomes of patients with advanced neoplasm of the paranasal sinuses and nasal cavity, treated by three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy...
- Genomic profiling of sinonasal squamous cell carcinomaFernando Lopez
Department of Otolaryngology, Instituto Universitario de Oncologia del Principado de Asturias, Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias, Oviedo, Asturias, Spain
Head Neck 33:145-53. 2011..Sinonasal squamous cell carcinomas (SCCs) are rare tumors with no etiologic link to tobacco and alcohol, as opposed to other SCCs of the head and neck (HNSCC). Little is known about the genetic changes in sinonasal SCC...
- Malignant myoepithelioma in the maxillary sinus: case report and review of the literatureMasaharu Hata
Department of Radiology, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, 3 9 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 236 0004, Japan
Anticancer Res 29:497-501. 2009..No therapy-related severe toxicities were observed. A rare case with malignant myoepithelioma in the maxillary sinus was successfully treated with radiation therapy...
- Combined therapy with conservative surgery, radiotherapy, and regional chemotherapy for maxillary sinus carcinomaH Nishino
Department of Otolaryngology, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi, Japan
Cancer 89:1925-32. 2000..Current goals for the treatment of carcinoma of the maxillary sinus include the preservation of vision, ability to eat, ability to communicate, and appearance as well as cure...
- Postoperative radiotherapy for squamous cell carcinoma of the maxillary sinus: analysis of local control and late complicationsK Ogawa
Department of Radiology, University of the Ryukyus School of Medicine, Nishihara cho, Okinawa 903 0125, Japan
Oncol Rep 8:315-9. 2001..On the other hand, a dose of 60 Gy or more was required for the patients with microscopic positive margins...
- Rapidly growing mass of the anterior maxillary gingivaSouichi Yanamoto
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Unit of Translational Medicine, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki, Japan
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 104:153-9. 2007
- Myxomatous lesions of the maxilla in children: a case series and review of managementBrian W Rotenberg
Department of Otolaryngology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Elm Wing 6th Floor, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X8
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 68:1251-6. 2004..The purpose of this study was to report on our experience in managing these patients, including diagnostic work-up, histopathologic findings and an evaluation of surgical treatment outcomes...
- [Orbital extension of sinus plasmacytoma secondarily transforming into multiple myeloma: a case study]S Balayre
Service d Ophtalmologie, CHU, Poitiers
J Fr Ophtalmol 27:67-71. 2004....
- Benign schwannoma in paranasal sinuses: a clinico-pathological study of five cases, emphasising diagnostic difficultiesH Y Sheikh
Department of Clinical Oncology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, UK
J Laryngol Otol 122:598-602. 2008..To highlight the difficulty in making a correct diagnosis of benign schwannoma in the paranasal region, to raise awareness of this rare condition, and to suggest the most appropriate treatment...
- Malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumour of the paranasal sinusHyun Jik Kim
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Otolaryngol 36:E9-11. 2007
- [Sinonasal mucosal melanoma]P Pomar Blanco
Servicio de ORL, Hospital de El Bierzo, Ponferrada, Leon
An Otorrinolaringol Ibero Am 34:349-58. 2007..The actuarial disease-free survival for this group of 6 is 33.3% (2 of 6). Mucosal melanoma of the head and neck remains a difficult disease to treat, with high locoregional recurrence rates and poor prognosis...
- Primary Ewing's sarcoma of the paranasal sinus with intracranial extension: imaging featuresM Harman
Department of Radiology, University of Yuzuncu Yil Faculty of Medicine, Van, Turkey
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 32:343-6. 2003..CT and MRI findings of this unusual case are discussed. To our knowledge, this case is the first to be reported with CT and MRI documentation...
- Oral and maxillofacial pathology case of the month. Angiocentric T-Cell lymphoma (midline lethal granuloma)Cleverick D Johnson
Department of Restorative Dentistry and Biomaterials, University of Texas Dental Branch at Houston, Houston, Texas, USA
Tex Dent J 124:764-5, 772-3. 2007
- Orofacial haemangiopericytoma--a rare caseS R Shetty
Department of Oral Medicine and Maxillofacial Radiology, Yenepoya Dental College and Hospital, Unit of Yenepoya Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Nithyanand Nagar Post, Deralakatte, Mangalore 575018, India
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 36:437-40. 2007..The clinical features, radiological findings and differential diagnoses to be considered, and the available treatment options, are discussed in this case report...
- Odontogenic myxoma in a 17-month-old child: a case reportSinead Fenton
University Medical Centre, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 61:734-6. 2003
- Solitary plasmacytoma of the maxilla--a case report and review of the literatureSukumaran Anil
Department of Periodontics, College of Dentistry, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Gen Dent 55:39-43. 2007..The neoplastic cells had a large, single eccentric nucleus, resembling typical plasma cells. The clinical, histopathological, and radiological features of solitary plasmacytoma are discussed...
- [Is orbital exenteration indicated for extensive primary mucosal melanomas of the sinunasal system?]M Hölzl
Hals Nasen Ohrenklinik und Poliklinik Charite, Campus Mitte, Berlin
Laryngorhinootologie 86:346-51. 2007..Orbital decompression should be considered with reference to the quality of life...
- Cytologic findings in calcifying epithelial odontogenic tumor: a case reportMohammad Javad Shekarkhar
Department of Pathology and Otolaryngology, Shiraz Medical School, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Islamic Republic of Iran
Acta Cytol 49:533-6. 2005..This report describes the cytologic findings in a case of CEOT...
- Hematoma-like mass of the maxillary sinusMizuho Yagisawa
Department of Biology and Function in the Head and Neck, Graduate School of Medicine, Yokohama City University, Japan
Acta Otolaryngol 126:277-81. 2006..This lesion should be distinguished from hemangioma and hematoma. We propose the name "hematoma-like mass of the maxillary sinus" for this disease, based on its histological characteristics...
- Adenoid cystic carcinoma of maxillary sinus with metastatic hepatocellular carcinoma. Case reportNobuo Satake
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, JA Kochi Hospital, Myouken, Nankoku, Kochi, Japan
APMIS 113:450-5. 2005..Primary ACC and metastatic HCC in the maxillary sinus are rare, and this may therefore be the first case of maxillary sinus tumor with both these elements...
- Opaque maxillary antrum: a pictorial reviewA Whyte
Perth Radiological Clinic, Department of Otolaryngology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Australas Radiol 49:203-13. 2005..Computed tomography remains the most useful technique in coming to a specific diagnosis. Magnetic resonance imaging adds specificity in a few selected situations and is required in conjunction with CT in the staging of malignant tumours...
- Craniofacial resection for sinunasal tumorsM Granados-Garcia
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Instituto Nacional de Cancerologia, Mexico, Tlalpan
Clin Transl Oncol 8:119-23. 2006..Surgical resection remains the mainstay of treatment, but its relative therapeutic value compared with alternative treatments is controversial...
- Three cases of organized hematoma of the maxillary sinusTae Mi Yoon
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Chonnam National University Medical School, 8, Hakdong, Dong Gu, Gwangju 501 190, Korea
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 263:823-6. 2006..In the evaluation of a patient with recurrent nasal bleeding, nasal obstruction, and an enlarging maxillary mass, organized hematoma of the maxillary sinus should be included in the differential diagnosis...
- Primary intraosseous carcinoma of the anterior maxilla: report of a new caseImad Abu el-Naaj
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Rambam Medical Center, Technion Faculty of Medicine, Haifa, Israel
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 63:405-9. 2005
- Nasal chondrosarcoma in an infant: radiologic and histologic correlationK Taori
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:1394-5. 2006
- Sinonasal verrucous carcinoma with oral invasionP Karthikeya
Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology, JSS Dental College and Hospital, S S Nagar, Mysore 15
Indian J Dent Res 17:82-6. 2006..The clinical presentation and the histopathological features of verrucous carcinoma are a subject of continuous discussion amongst diagnosticians and pathologists. A case with oral and nasal presentation of this tumor is reported here...
- Association of verrucous carcinoma and inverted papilloma in the sinonasal tractTeruo Shiomori
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, School of Medicine, 1 1 Iseigaoka, Yahatanishi ku, Kitakyushu 807 8555, Japan
Auris Nasus Larynx 34:281-5. 2007..She is currently free from symptoms, and there is no evidence of recurrence 5 months after surgery. The pathology, clinical manifestation, and treatment of VC associated with IP are reviewed from literature...
- Breast carcinoma metastases in paranasal sinuses, a rare occurrence mimicking a primary nasal malignancy. case reportD Marchioni
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 24:87-91. 2004..Only the histopathologic examination together with a broad spectrum of immunohistochemical antibodies were useful in confirming the origin of the neoplasm...
- Small cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the sinonasal region. A propose of a caseRaúl González-García
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital La Princesa, Autonoma University, C Diego de Leon, 62, 28006 Madrid, Spain
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 45:676-8. 2007..He refused operation and was treated unsuccessfully with four cycles of cisplatin and etoposide...
- Case report: B-cell lymphoma of the maxillary sinusJuan F Yepes
Department of Oral Health Practice, University of Kentucky College of Dentistry, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 102:792-5. 2006..Radiographic and clinical features that should be considered in establishing a differential diagnosis of malignant disease are discussed...
- Treatment of nasal cavity and paranasal sinus cancer with modern radiotherapy techniques in the postoperative setting--the MSKCC experienceBradford S Hoppe
Department of Radiation Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 67:691-702. 2007..To perform a retrospective analysis of patients with paranasal sinus (PNS) cancer treated with postoperative radiotherapy (RT) at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center...
- [Endonasal endoscopic approach in the treatment of sino-nasal inverted papillomas]J Percodani
Praticien Hospitalier, CHU Rangueil Larrey, 24, chemin de Pouvourville TSA 300 30, 31059 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Ann Otolaryngol Chir Cervicofac 123:312-8. 2006..Nevertheless, the authors aim in this study to evaluate the advantages and the limits of this approach, to analyse its failures and its recurrences, and to define the indications for using it with the external or dissimulated approach...
- New proposal for T classification of gingival carcinomas arising in the maxillaT Sasaki
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, 880 Kitakobayashi, Mibu, Tochigi 321 0293, Japan
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 33:349-52. 2004..Increased use of the SNF criteria is expected to improve staging of gingival tumors arising in the maxilla and increase the accuracy of diagnosis, especially of T4 tumors...
- [Extranasopharyngeal angiofibroma of the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses]J P Windfuhr
Klinik fur Hals, Nasen, Ohren Krankheiten, Kopf, Hals und Plastische Gesichtschirurgie, Malteser Krankenhaus St Anna, Duisburg
Laryngorhinootologie 83:308-16. 2004..This study was undertaken to evaluate the incidence, clinical features and complications that may occur during the process of diagnosis and surgical therapy of angiofibromas outside the nasopharynx...
- Ethmoido-orbital tumors: our experienceGiorgio Iannetti
Department of Maxillo Facial Surgery, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
J Craniofac Surg 16:1085-91. 2005..1% at 5 and 10 years. Intracranial involvement is the main element for short-term negative prognosis. Orbital exenteration is fundamental if grade III orbital invasion occurs because it ensures an improvement of the disease-free survival...
- A case of paranasal sinus angiolipomaTravis J Pfannenstiel
Department of Otolaryngology, Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, Texas 78234 6200, USA
Laryngoscope 113:1080-1. 2003..At the conclusion of the report, the reader should be able to discuss the incidence, treatment options, and long-term prognosis of angiolipomas of the paranasal sinuses...
- Squamous cell carcinoma of the maxillary sinus and the oral part of the upper jaw. Comparison of treatment resultsH Shibuya
Department of Radiology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
Acta Oncol 33:43-7. 1994..The local recurrence rate was high in the inoperable MC patients (6/8). Contralateral sinus cancers occurred in 4 patients in the MC group...
- Sinochoanal polyp and its variant, the angiomatous polyp: MRI findingsS De Vuysere
Department of Radiology, University Hospitals Leuven, Belgium
Eur Radiol 11:55-8. 2001..An angiomatous polyp mimics a hypervascular mass lesion on enhanced MR studies. The anatomic location and association with a sinusal polyp allows the correct diagnosis...
- Prevention of postoperative complications in skull base surgery for nasal or paranasal sinus carcinoma invading the skull baseS Nishizawa
Department of Neurosurgery, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Shizuoka, Japan
J Clin Neurosci 8:67-70. 2001..With this technique, there were no postoperative infections...
- Sinonasal undifferentiated carcinoma with orbital invasion: report of three casesN Sharara
Department of Ophthalmology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 17:288-92. 2001..SNUC should be distinguished from other small, round, blue cell tumors, in particular, esthesioneuroblastoma...
- Irradiation of paranasal sinus tumors, a delineation and dose comparison studyCoen Rasch
Department of Radiotherapy, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Huis, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 52:120-7. 2002..To determine the influence of observer variation and treatment planner variation on the dose delivered to the target and normal structures when irradiating paranasal sinus carcinomas...
- Primary adenocarcinoma of the maxillary sinus simulating an osteosarcomaJames Roth
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, USA
Ear Nose Throat J 81:14. 2002
- Clinicopathologic differences in malignant melanoma arising in oral squamous and sinonasal respiratory mucosa of the upper aerodigestive tractManju L Prasad
Department of Pathology, Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus 43210
Arch Pathol Lab Med 127:997-1002. 2003....
- Widespread subcutaneous distant metastases from a head and neck squamous cell carcinomaGary R Hoffman
Leicester Royal Infirmary, UK
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 60:954-8. 2002
- The unilateral opaque maxillary sinus on computed tomographyM Rudralingam
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester LE1 5WW, UK
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 40:504-7. 2002..We emphasise the importance of nasendoscopic examination in the accurate assessment of sinonasal disease...
- [Verrucous carcinoma of the nasal cavity: a case report]Yoshihito Suda
Department of Otolaryngology, Kagoshima City Hospital, Kagoshima
Nihon Jibiinkoka Gakkai Kaiho 106:156-9. 2003..In our case, the tumor showed typical features of a hybrid tumor. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first case of hybrid verrucous squamous cell carcinoma originating in the nose in the Japanese literature...
- Lymph node metastases in malignant tumors of the paranasal sinuses: prognostic value and treatmentGiulio Cantu
National Cancer Institute, Via Venezian 1, 20133 Milano, Italy
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 134:170-7. 2008..To assess the frequency of nodal involvement and its prognostic value in malignant tumors of the paranasal sinuses, particularly in maxillary sinus squamous cell carcinoma...
- Three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy for paranasal sinus carcinoma: clinical results for 25 patientsLaetitia Padovani
Department of Radiation Oncology, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 56:169-76. 2003..To assess local control, survival, and clinical and dosimetric prognostic factors in 25 patients with locally advanced maxillary or ethmoid sinus carcinoma treated by three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy (RT)...
- Fine-needle aspiration biopsy cytology of malignant neoplasms of the sinonasal tractJay C Helsel
Department of Pathology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205, USA
Cancer 99:105-12. 2003..The role of fine-needle aspiration biopsy (FNAB) and the cytomorphologic features of these tumors have not been specifically addressed...
- Trimodality management of sinonasal undifferentiated carcinoma and review of the literatureWaleed F Mourad
Department of Radiation Oncology Department of Medical Oncology Department of Otolaryngology, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York Department of Radiation Oncology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY
Am J Clin Oncol 36:584-8. 2013..Sinonasal undifferentiated carcinoma (SNUC) is a rare and aggressive malignancy with optimal management remains unclear. We performed a review of the impact of trimodality approach on SNUC outcome...
- Malignant mucosal melanoma of the right maxillary sinus: a case reportElizabeth Mary Athey
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham, England
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 102:e20-2. 2006..More radical resection and adjunctive radiotherapy have not been shown to increase survival times...
- Malignant tumors requiring maxillectomyA Yucel
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
J Craniofac Surg 11:418-29. 2000..Resection of the tumor with free surgical margins and appropriate evaluation of the surgical defect for the most suitable reconstruction are the mainstays of treatment of the midfacial tumors...
- An unusual co-presentation of rhinolithiasis and squamous cell carcinoma in the nasal cavitySuleyman Ozdemir
Cukurova University School of Medicine, Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Adana, Turkey
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 40:e137-9. 2012..In this article, we present a 63-year-old man, who had unilateral rhinolithiasis with squamous cell carcinoma within the nasal cavity...
- [Change of reactive small round cell infiltration in the stroma after pre-operative 8 Gy irradiation using treatment to maxillary sinus carcinoma with Kitasato method and prognosis according to the change]Kazuo Yao
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Kanagawa
Nihon Jibiinkoka Gakkai Kaiho 107:139-44. 2004....
- Odontogenic myxoma with orbital involvementHenry H Chen
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 29:e47-9. 2013..Odontogenic myxomas are uncommon tumors that are usually seen in adults. Our case is unique because to the best of our knowledge, it is the first reported case with orbital involvement in the pediatric population...
- Giant myoepithelioma of the face: MDCT with 2D and 3D imagesOmer Onbas
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, Ataturk University, Erzurum, Turkey
AJR Am J Roentgenol 187:W418-9. 2006
- Molecular profile of the antrochoanal polyp: up-regulation of basic fibroblast growth factor and transforming growth factor beta in maxillary sinus mucosaMagdy Elsayed Mahfouz
Department of Biological Sciences, Tanta University, Egypt
Am J Rhinol 20:466-70. 2006..The aim of this study was to characterize the expression and the potential role of a battery of molecular markers in the development of ACPs. A prospective controlled study of a case series was performed...
- Multidisciplinary therapy consisting of minimally invasive resection, irradiation, and intra-arterial infusion of 5-fluorouracil for maxillary sinus carcinomasHiroshi Nishino
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Jichi Medical University School of Medicine, Tochigi, Japan
Head Neck 35:772-8. 2013..Current goals for the treatment of maxillary sinus carcinoma include the preservation of vision, eating, communication, and appearance, as well as the achievement of a cure...
- Intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) for carcinoma of the maxillary sinus: a comparison of IMRT planning systemsRaef S Ahmed
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35249, USA
Med Dosim 31:224-32. 2006....
- Material depth reconstruction method of multi-energy X-ray images using neural networkWoo Jin Lee
College of Medicine, BK21, Seoul National University, South Korea
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2012:1514-7. 2012..To demonstrate the concept of this method, we applied it to simulated images of a 3D head phantom. The results show that neural network method performed effectively material depth reconstruction...
- Lymph node metastasis in sinonasal squamous cell carcinoma treated with IMRT/3D-CRTXiyin Guan
Department of Radiation Oncology, Cancer Center of Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Oral Oncol 49:60-5. 2013..We also attempt to discuss the role of elective neck irradiation (ENI) in the treatment of cervical negative patients...
- Central odontogenic fibroma interesting the maxillary sinus. A case report and literature surveyA Cicconetti
Department of Oral Surgery Medicine and Pathology, La Sapienza University of Rome, School of Dentistry, Rome, Italy
Minerva Stomatol 55:229-39. 2006..We discuss clinical and radiographic aspects of our case compared with COFs previously published. We give suggestions for surgical treatment of COF in case of aggression to important anatomical structures...
- Sinonasal malignant melanocytic melanoma: a rare case reportL Pathma
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Hospital Ipoh, Jalan Hospital, 30450 Ipoh, Perak
Med J Malaysia 63:152-3. 2008..Histopathology examination revealed sinonasal melanocytic malignant melanoma. At present 17 months postoperatively she is symptom free with no recurrence and under regular follow up...
- NUT midline carcinomas of the sinonasal tractJustin A Bishop
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 36:1216-21. 2012..The availability of an immunohistochemical probe has greatly facilitated this analysis and is helping to define the full demographic, morphologic, and immunohistochemical spectrum of sinonasal NMC...
- Management of maxillary sinus inverted papilloma via transnasal endoscopic anterior and medial maxillectomyQuan Liu
Department of Otolaryngology, Shanghai Medical College of Fudan University, Shanghai, China
ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec 72:247-51. 2010..To introduce and evaluate the effectiveness and safety of transnasal endoscopic anterior and medial maxillectomy (TEAMM) in the treatment of Krouse stage III inverted papilloma (IP) originating from the maxillary sinus...
- Sarcomatoid carcinoma of the maxillary sinus: a rare head and neck tumorMilind Kumar
Department of Radiation Oncology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110 029, India
J Cancer Res Ther 4:131-3. 2008..Surgery and radiotherapy form the mainstays of treatment. Exploration of the role of chemotherapy and novel targeted therapy agents is warranted in order to improve treatment results...
- Maxillary intraosseous vascular malformation: a case report and literature reviewA Naraghi
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Kettering General Hospital, Kettering, UK
J Laryngol Otol 121:404-7. 2007..We also discuss the literature and highlight potential management pitfalls...
- Endonasal endoscopic medial maxillectomy with preservation of the inferior turbinateRainer K Weber
Division of Sinus and Skull Base Surgery, Traumatology, Department of Ear, Nose, and Throat, Hospital Karlsruhe, Moltkestrasse 90, 33 Karlsruhe, Germany
Am J Rhinol Allergy 24:132-5. 2010..A surgical approach is presented in which the IT is temporarily excised and then reinserted, followed by postoperative occlusion of the nose for at least 2 weeks...
- Long-term survival of a patient with primary small cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the maxillary sinus: a case reportSeiji Hosokawa
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 71:e248-52. 2013..The clinical and pathologic features of the tumor and the optimal treatment of this patient are discussed. ..
- Solitary plasmocytoma: ghost tumour?M Meziane
Departement of Otorhinolaryngology and Oral Surgery, Hopital des specialites, Rabat, Morocco
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 41:17-9. 2012..Spontaneous regression has been described for some malignancies, implying immunological factors, but not previously for extramedullary plasmocytoma...
- Computer image-guided surgery for total maxillectomyAkihiro Homma
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Kita 15, Nishi 7, Kita ku, Sapporo, 060 8638, Japan
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 265:1521-6. 2008..This study evaluated the use of an ICTGS in total maxillectomy. Five patients with maxillary sinus neoplasms underwent surgery using a StealthStation ICTGS...
- One-stage zygomaticomandibular approach for improved access to the hemimaxilla and the middle base of the skullJehad Al-Sukhun
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
J Craniofac Surg 19:528-33. 2008..The use of the flap provided optimum results because the defect was closed with the muscle that became epithelialized with minimal bulk...
- Chemoradiotherapy for maxillary sinus adenoid cystic carcinoma using superselective intra-arterial infusion via a superficial temporal arteryMakoto Adachi
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, Yokohama, Japan
Head Neck 35:E89-93. 2013..Herein, we report on 2 patients with unresectable ACC of the maxillary sinus treated with this approach...
- Atypical solitary fibrous tumor of the nose and maxillary sinusIoannis Papadakis
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Crete, School of Medicine, Iraklion, Greece
Head Neck 35:E77-9. 2013..Solitary fibrous tumor (SFT) belongs to a group of mesenchymal tumors, also known as benign fibrous mesotheliomas or submesothelial fibromas. SFTs of the sinonasal tract are extremely rare...
- Different endoscopic strategies in the management of recurrent sinonasal inverted papillomaFang Lian
Department of ENT, The First Affiliated Hospital of Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou, Zhejiang, China
J Craniofac Surg 23:e44-8. 2012..As to tumors arising from the maxillary sinus, medial maxillectomy or an additional Caldwell-Luc surgery should be performed...
- Individually Prefabricated Prosthesis for Maxilla ReconstuctionSekou Singare
Key Laboratory of Biomedical Information Engineering of the Minestry of Education, and Institute of Biomedical Engineering, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, China
J Prosthodont 17:135-40. 2008..These cases show that the prefabrication of a prosthesis using modern manufacturing technology is an effective method for maxillofacial defect reconstruction...
- Squamous cell carcinoma presenting as an endodontic-periodontic lesionPaul A Levi
Department of Periodontology, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Periodontol 76:1798-804. 2005..The subsequent management of the case is also discussed. The study was conducted in accordance with the Helsinki Declaration of 1975, as revised in 2000...
- Primary Ewing's sarcoma of the maxilla and zygoma: report of a casePedro Infante-Cossio
Department of Maxillofacial Surgery and Stomatology, Virgen del Rocio University Hospital, Avda Manuel Siurot s n, University of Seville, 41013 Seville, Spain
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 63:1539-42. 2005
- [Metastases to the paranasal sinuses: case report and review of the literature]A Prescher
, , Aachen
Laryngorhinootologie 80:583-94. 2001....
- [The preliminary research of maxillary sinus cancer on oncogene level]Y Yu
Department of Otolaryngology, General Hospital of Shenyang Command, Shenyang 110015
Lin Chuang Er Bi Yan Hou Ke Za Zhi 15:496-8. 2001..Their products were the important oncogology indexes, which might be useful to determine illness condition and predict relapse...
- Description of a neural sheath tumor of the trigeminal nerve: immunohistochemical and electron microscopy studyBijan Khademi
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Khalili Hospital, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
Sao Paulo Med J 124:333-5. 2006..With conventional optical microscopy, their identification is difficult, and it is necessary to confirm them by means of electron microscopy and immunohistochemical techniques...
- Metastasis of maxillary carcinoma to the parapharyngeal space: rationale and technique for concomitant en bloc parapharyngeal dissectionMasahiro Umeda
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 60:408-13; discussion 413-4. 2002..The purpose of this study was to discuss the rationale and indication for en bloc resection and parapharyngeal dissection for maxillary cancer...
- Plasma cell granuloma of the maxillary sinus: a case report and literature reviewHeather E Newlin
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Florida College of Medicine, University of Florida Health Science Center, P O Box 100385, Gainesville, FL 32610 0385, USA
Head Neck 27:722-8. 2005..Although they have the potential to occur in sites throughout the body, their occurrence in the paranasal sinuses and nasal cavity is uncommon and often associated with unique clinical characteristics and natural history...
- Sinonasal myxoma in a four-year-old thoroughbred geldingS Z Barakzai
Large Animal Hospital, University of Edinburgh, Easter Bush Veterinary Centre, Roslin, Midlothian EH25 9RG
Vet Rec 152:210-1. 2003
- [Prognostic analysis of 151 patients with maxillary sinus malignant neoplasms]Gui Fang Guo
Department of VIP Inpatient Service Section Three, Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, 510060, P R China
Ai Zheng 23:1546-50. 2004..Five-year survival rate of patients with maxillary malignant neoplasms is low, the prognostic factors of these neoplasms were unclear. This study was to investigate prognostic factors of maxillary sinus malignant neoplasms...
- A clinical study on the cervical lymph node metastasis of maxillary sinus carcinomaK Yagi
Department Otolaryngology, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Auris Nasus Larynx 28:S77-81. 2001....
- [Nasal polyposis masquerading epidermoid carcinoma of the maxillary sinus. Importance of the biopsy in FENS]V Pino Rivero
Facultativo Especialista de Otorrinolaringologia, Complejo Hospitalario Infanta Cristina SES, Badajoz
An Otorrinolaringol Ibero Am 32:187-92. 2005..After Caldwell-Luc and complete removal of the tumoration, the patient evolutioned satisfactory being free of illness by clinical and radiological explorations after 1 year follow-up...
- Enophthalmos caused by metastatic breast carcinomaD R Ashworth
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 40:350-1. 2002
- Cardiac relapse of squamous cell carcinoma of the maxillary sinusAytul Belgi
Department of Cardiology, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
J Heart Valve Dis 11:888-90. 2002..Surgical excision was not possible due to massive invasion of the heart by the tumor mass. The right ventricular inflow tract obstruction was relieved by surgical dilatation...
- [A case of maxillary neurosarcoma]E Osuch-Wójcikiewicz
Katedra i Klinika Otolaryngologii AM w Warszawie
Otolaryngol Pol 54:583-6. 2000..These time pathological diagnosis was neurosarcoma. Radiotherapy was done as well. The patient died 18 months after treatment, tumor regrowth and generalization metastases was reason of the death...
- Two maxillary lesions containing bony/calcified shellsK Gurel
Department of Radiology, Izzet Baysal School of Medicine, Abant Izzet Baysal University, Bolu, Turkey
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 38:296-300. 2009..Diagnoses of a residual radicular cyst in one case and a calcified mucocoele (which is very rare) in the other case were predicted with the help of radiological findings and were confirmed surgically and histopathologically...
- Malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the maxillary sinus presenting as toothacheYi Wei Chan
Department of Otolaryngology, Taoyuan Veterans Hospital, Taiwan, ROC
J Chin Med Assoc 67:104-7. 2004..Seventeen months after the surgery, the patient was clinically well without any evidence of local recurrence or distant metastasis...