Summary: Pain in the ear.
Publications237 found, 100 shown here
- Eagle's syndromeS Subramaniam
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Kuala Lumpur
Med J Malaysia 58:139-41. 2003..Plain lateral neck X-ray and CT scan confirmed the presence of bilateral elongated styloid processes, which were subsequently resected surgically through an oropharyngeal approach. The patient was asymptomatic at follow up at 2 years...
- Lateral sinus thrombosis: serious complication of otitis mediaWadih Azzi
Department of Otolaryngology, Montreal University, Hopital Sainte Justine, Montreal, QC
J Otolaryngol 34:427-31. 2005
- Prevalence of otologic complaints in patients with temporomandibular disorderHakan H Tuz
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Ankara University, Faculty of Dentistry, Turkey
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 123:620-3. 2003..Aural symptoms in patients with internal derangement or myofascial pain and dysfunction, or their combination, were nonspecific...
- Agreement between self-report and medical records on signs and symptoms of respiratory illnessAngela M Barbara
Pathology and Molecular Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Prim Care Respir J 21:145-52. 2012..Information on patient symptoms can be obtained by patient self-report or medical records review. Both methods have limitations...
- Temporomandibular disorders, otologic symptoms and depression levels in tinnitus patientsP B Hilgenberg
Bauru School of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Oral Rehabil 39:239-44. 2012..It was concluded that tinnitus is associated with TMD and with otalgia, dizziness/vertigo, stuffy sensations, hypoacusis sensation and hyperacusis, as well as with higher depression levels...
- Diagnosis of ear painJohn W Ely
Department of Family Medicine, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Am Fam Physician 77:621-8. 2008....
- One hundred earaches. Family practice case seriesG Worrall
Memorial University of Newfoundland
Can Fam Physician 46:1081-4. 2000To examine whether watchful waiting was an appropriate strategy for patients with earache, when there was no clear indication to prescribe antibiotics at the first visit.
- Persistent earache due to tonsillolithThirunavukkarasu Arun Babu
Department of Pediatrics, Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences SLIMS, Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, Pillaiyarkuppam, Pondicherry, India 607 402
Indian Pediatr 49:144-5. 2012..The tonsilloliths were successfully removed under local anaesthesia following which the symptoms subsided...
- Characteristics of children consulting for cough, sore throat, or earacheJohannes H J M Uijen
Department of General Practice, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Gen Pract 58:248-54. 2008..GPs are often consulted for respiratory tract symptoms in children...
- Aural symptoms in temporomandibular disorder patients attending a craniofacial pain unitD K Lam
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, 124 Edward Street, Room 515D, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1G6
J Orofac Pain 15:146-57. 2001..Aural symptoms were also found to have a measurable impact on the subjects' quality of life...
- Acute sensorineural hearing loss and severe otalgia due to scrub typhusJi In Kang
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Chosun University, School of Medicine, Gwangju City, Republic of Korea
BMC Infect Dis 9:173. 2009..Scrub typhus is an acute febrile illness caused by Orientia tsutsugamushi...
- Middle-ear ceruminous adenoma as a rare cause of hearing loss and vertigo: case reportsKrystyna Orendorz-Fraczkowska
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Wrocław, Faculty of Medicine, ul Chałubinskiego 2, 53 561 Wrocław, Poland
Auris Nasus Larynx 32:393-7. 2005..The clinical features, intraoperative findings, and histological and radiological findings are presented. The cases are compared to those described in the literature...
- [Spontaneous temporomandibular joint herniation into the external auditory canal]G Psillas
Service d otorhinolaryngologie et de chirurgie cervicofaciale, hôpital universitaire de Thessalonique, 1, rue Stilponos Kyriakidi, 54006 Thessalonique, Greece
Ann Otolaryngol Chir Cervicofac 124:305-8. 2007..We report a rare case of spontaneous temporomandibular joint herniation into the external auditory canal...
- Characteristics of subjects with secondary otalgiaSeppo Kuttila
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Central University Hospital, Turku University, Turku, Finland
J Orofac Pain 18:226-34. 2004....
- Carcinoid tumor of the middle ear: a case reportKai Chieh Chan
Department of Otolaryngology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Otolaryngol 26:57-9. 2005..The patient's initial symptoms of otalgia, aural fullness, and hearing loss immediately improved after surgery, and facial palsy diminished in the following months. No recurrence was noted after 12 months of follow-up...
- [Middle-ear adenoma]R Naim
Universitäts Hals Nasen Ohren Klinik, Mannheim, Germany
Laryngorhinootologie 85:46-9. 2006..These lesions are contrast-enhancing on CT and on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) have brain-like signal intensity T2-weighted images. In this case, the lesion was exenterated...
- Masticatory performance and bite force in relation to signs and symptoms of temporomandibular disorders in childrenM B Duarte Gavião
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Dental School of Piracicaba, State University of Campinas FOP UNICAMP, Piracicaba, SP, Brazil
Minerva Stomatol 55:529-39. 2006..The aim of this study was to compare and correlate the masticatory performance (MP) and maximum bite force (BF) in children with and without signs and symptoms of temporomandibular disorders (TMD)...
- Exploratory tympanotomy revealing incus discontinuity and stapedial otosclerosis as a cause of conductive hearing lossAnita Jeyakumar
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Otol Neurotol 27:466-8. 2006..To describe a unilateral progressive conductive hearing loss caused by incus discontinuity (without erosion of the long process of the incus), and otosclerosis with fixation of the stapedial footplate...
- Prevalence, intensity, and correlation of different TMJ symptoms in Lebanese and Italian subpopulationsYoussef S Abou-Atme
Université Saint Joseph
J Contemp Dent Pract 7:71-8. 2006..The aim of this study was to compare self reported joint related temporomandibular disorder (TMD) symptoms in Lebanese and Italian dental and non-dental students and to detect any correlation between different symptoms...
- A 5-year-old girl with headache and eye painRobert Listernick
Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Pediatr Ann 37:9-12. 2008
- [Headaches, otalgia and peripheral facial palsy as a form of presentation of neurosyphilis]M J Nunes da Silva
Servicio de Medicina II, , Lisboa, Portugal
Rev Neurol 31:544-6. 2000..CONCLUSION: This rare form of presentation of neurosyphilis emphasizes the importance of considering systematically this diagnosis, even in the context of atypical presentations...
- [Unusual clinical presentations of vestibular schwannomas]Andrés Coca Pelaz
Servicio de Otorrinolaringologia, Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias, Oviedo, Asturias, Espana
Acta Otorrinolaringol Esp 59:187-9. 2008..A significant group of patients did not present with the otological symptoms classically associated with vestibular schwannoma. Clinical knowledge of these kinds of symptoms may lead to earlier detection of these lesions...
- A program of anticipatory guidance for the prevention of emergency department visits for ear painDeborah B McWilliams
Division of Community Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905 0001, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 162:151-6. 2008..To test whether well-child care visit anticipatory guidance can safely reduce emergency department (ED) visits...
- ECGs in the EDRonn E Tanel
Pediatr Emerg Care 23:348-9. 2007
- [Otalgia]M A Siddiq
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, New Cross Hospital, Wolverhampton
Praxis (Bern 1994) 97:785-6. 2008
- [Main symptom otorrhea: diagnosis and therapy]M Westhofen
Klinik für Hals Nasen Ohrenheilkunde und Plastische Kopf und Halschirurgie am Universitätsklinikum Aachen
MMW Fortschr Med 147:36-7, 39. 2005..Fundamentally, the treatment of uncomplicated acute otitis externa and media can be carried out by the family physician. An ENT specialist should be definitely consulted in cases of complications or development of a chronic condition...
- [The "Costen Syndrome" - Which Symptoms Suggest that the Patient may Benefit from Dental Therapy?]H Seedorf
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Zahn, Mund und Kieferheilkunde Abteilung für Zahnärztliche Prothetik, Germany
Laryngorhinootologie 81:268-75. 2002..The thesis of this possible connection is often named after one of the earliest and most vehement supporters as "Costen Syndrome". This review is aimed to elucidate the present state of the discussion from the Dentist's point of view...
- Chiropractic care of a patient with temporomandibular disorder and atlas subluxationJoel Alcantara
Research Associate, Gonstead Clinical Studies Society, Santa Cruz, Calif, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 25:63-70. 2002..To describe the chiropractic care of a patient with cervical subluxation and complaints associated with temporomandibular disorder...
- Management of lateral sinus thrombosis in chronic otitis mediaMete Iseri
Kocaeli University Medical Faculty, Department of Otolaryngology, Izmit Kocaeli, Turkey
Otol Neurotol 27:1098-103. 2006..To present our experience with the diagnosis and treatment of lateral sinus thrombosis (LST) secondary to otogenic disease...
- Symptom relief after treatment of temporomandibular and cervical spine disorders in patients with Meniere's disease: a three-year follow-upAssar Bjorne
Vertigo Tinnitus, and Pain Unit, Ystad Hospital, Public Dental Service, County of Skåne, Sweden
Cranio 21:50-60. 2003..The results also suggested that Meniere's disease has a clear association with TMD and CSD and that these three ailments appeared to be caused by the same stress, nervousness, and muscular tension...
- Are female patients with orofacial pain medically compromised?Reny de Leeuw
Orofacial Pain Center, University of Kentucky, College of Dentistry, Chandler Medical Center, Lexington 40536 0297, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 136:459-68. 2005..Chronic pain has been linked to various medical conditions. The authors assessed whether certain medical conditions are more prevalent in female patients with orofacial pain than in age-matched controls...
- Topical review: temporomandibular disorders in an integral otic symptom modelL M Ramirez
Department of Basic Sciences, Medicine Faculty, Universidad Industrial de Santander, Bucaramanga, Colombia
Int J Audiol 47:215-27. 2008..This review is not based on a structured selection of randomized controlled trials; rather, it deals with perspectives of otic symptoms triggered or exacerbated by stomatognathic dynamics...
- [Otalgia as a result of certain temporomandibular joint disorders]H Seedorf
Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Zentrum fur Zahn, Mund und Kieferheilkunde, Poliklinik fur Zahnarztliche Prothetik, Martinistrasse 52, D 20246 Hamburg
Laryngorhinootologie 85:327-32. 2006..masseter pars prof. or in the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) which, due to the close anatomic neighborhood, can feel like ear pain...
- Five-year follow-up of temporomandibular disorders and other musculoskeletal symptoms in dental studentsY S Abou-Atme
Private Practice, Rabigh, Saudi Arabia
Minerva Stomatol 56:603-9. 2007..The aim of this epidemiologic study was to evaluate the intensity and variation of temporomandibular disorders and other musculoskeletal symptoms in a population of dental students during the five years of Dental School...
- Recurrent tinnitus and associated ear symptoms in adultsSeppo Kuttila
Otonhammas, Jyvaskyla, Finland
Int J Audiol 44:164-70. 2005..It was statistically highly significantly associated with earache, fullness of ears shoulder pain, the 25-years age group, and visits to a physician...
- Efficiency of occlusal appliance therapy in secondary otalgia and temporomandibular disordersMarjaana Kuttila
Acta Odontol Scand 60:248-54. 2002..63; P.009), but not in the subjects with control splint. The results indicate that the use of a stabilization splint is beneficial with regard to secondary otalgia and active TMD treatment need...
- Evaluation of aural manifestations in temporo-mandibular joint dysfunctionO A Sobhy
Audiology Unit, ORL Department, Faculty of Medicine, Alexandira University, Alexandria, Egypt
Clin Otolaryngol Allied Sci 29:382-5. 2004..Results indicated insignificant changes in the TEOAEs, whereas there were significant increases in distortion product levels at most of the frequency bands. These results were paralleled to subjective improvement of tinnitus...
- Otologic symptoms of temporomandibular disorder and effect of orofacial myofunctional therapyCláudia Maria de Felício
Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto University of Sao Paulo, Dept of Otorrinolaringologia, Oftalmologia e Cirurgia de Cabeca e Pescoco, Av Dos Bandeirantes 3900 Ribeirão Preto CEP 14049 900, Brazil
Cranio 26:118-25. 2008..05). In the diagnosis phase, subjects with TMD reported earache (65%), tinnitus (60%), ear fullness (90%), and 25% of the asymptomatic subjects reported tinnitus...
- [Tinnitus and craniomandibular dysfunction]A Leher
Institut für Medizininformatik, Biometrie und Epidemiologie, Friedrich Alexander Universitat, Universitatsstrasse 22, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
HNO 51:790-2; author reply 792-3. 2003
- [The red tympanic membrane]P M Ott
Klinik und Poliklinik für Oto Rhino Laryngologie, Hals und Gesichtschirurgie, Universitatsspital Zurich
Praxis (Bern 1994) 93:1733-7. 2004..The first diagnosis to think about is an infectious disease. On the other side, there are rare pathologies which, even for experienced examiners are quite seldom...
- Analysis of 95 cases of squamous cell carcinoma of the external and middle earMin Yin
Division of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Sensory Medicine, Akita University School of Medicine, Hondo 1 1 1, Akita 010 8543, Japan
Auris Nasus Larynx 33:251-7. 2006..To analyze the clinical characteristics, 5-year survival, and prognostic factors of squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) of the external and middle ear...
- Secondary otalgia in an adult populationS J Kuttila
Otonhammas Oy, PO Box 612, , Finland
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 127:401-5. 2001..Furthermore, women and men may need a different approach in diagnostics of secondary otalgia. By diagnosing and treating these predictors of otalgia, it may be possible to reach a more successful outcome...
- Traumatic neuroma of the tympanic (Jacobson's) nerve as a possible cause of otalgiaBoris G Naraev
House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, CA 90057, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 138:735-7. 2008..To show that traumatic neuroma of the tympanic (Jacobson's) nerve may be a cause of recurrent intractable otalgia in patients following radical mastoidectomies...
- Prevalence of patients harboring temporomandibular disorders in an otorhinolaryngology departmentAlexandra Magalhães Silveira
Centro de Pesquisa São Leopoldo Mandic, 99020 220 Passo Fundo, RS
Braz J Otorhinolaryngol 73:528-32. 2007..The interaction between temporomandibular disorders (TMD) and otalgia is, even nowadays, a reason for speculation and hypotheses raising. Several researchers suggest causes, consequences and alleged treatments...
- Referred otalgia in head and neck cancer: a unifying schemaTodd J Scarbrough
Department of Radiation Oncology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 26:e157-62. 2003..The authors propose a unified schema and outline potential areas of "nervous system error" giving rise to pain in a clinically normal ear...
- Carcinoma of the tongue: a case series analysis of clinical presentation, risk factors, staging, and outcomeMeir Gorsky
The Maurice and Gabriela Goldschleger School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 98:546-52. 2004..The tongue is the most common site of oral cancer. Oropharyngeal cancer accounts for approximately 2% of all cancer deaths. The purpose of this study was to analyze a case series of patients with tongue cancer...
- Facial pain from visceral originP Demez
ENT Dept CHR Citadelle, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 58:141-2. 2004..Unilateral facial pain in the trigeminal area is known to be caused by a cancer in the superior lobe of the lung...
- Pneumocephalus as a delayed mastoidectomy complicationF Jegoux
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Centre Hospitalier et Universitaire Pontchaillou, Rennes, France
J Laryngol Otol 121:401-3. 2007....
- [Thrombophlebitis of venous sinuses in otitis media]Jerzy Kuczkowski
Katedra i Klinika Chorób Uszu, Nosa, Gardła i Krtani AM w Gdańsku
Otolaryngol Pol 61:769-73. 2007..Lateral sinus thrombophlebitis in chronic otitis media usually appears clinically as septic fever, earache, and increasing neurologic signs...
- The use of out of hours health services: a cross sectional surveyC Brogan
Anglia and Oxford Regional Office NHS Executive, Milton Keynes
BMJ 316:524-7. 1998..Over 70% of contacts were for upper respiratory tract infections, earache, gastroenteritis, and other minor ailments...
- Clinical, double-blind, placebo-controlled study investigating the combination of acetylsalicylic acid and pseudoephedrine for the symptomatic treatment of nasal congestion associated with common coldIrene Loose
Bayer HealthCare AG, Consumer Care EU, R and D Medical Affairs, Leverkusen, Germany
Arzneimittelforschung 54:513-21. 2004..included; they showed symptoms such as nasal congestion, scratchy/sore throat, headache, generalized muscle ache, earache, runny nose, fever, sneezing etc...
- Preschool children as frequent attenders in primary health care in Croatia: retrospective studyStanislava Stojanović-Špehar
Andrija Stampar School of PublicHealth, Zagreb University Schoolof Medicine, Zagreb, Croatia
Croat Med J 48:852-9. 2007....
- Management of lateral sinus thrombosisM J Syms
Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery Service, Tripler Regional Medical Center, Department of Surgery, Tripler AMC, Hawaii 96859 5000, USA
Laryngoscope 109:1616-20. 1999..Review the clinical signs and symptoms, management, bacteriology and outcomes of patients treated for lateral sinus thrombosis...
- [Ramsay Hunt syndrome with cranial polyneuropathy involving cranial nerves VII, VIII, IX, and X]Akemi Sugita-Kitajima
Department of Otolaryngology, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Kawasaki
Nihon Jibiinkoka Gakkai Kaiho 112:656-9. 2009..A 58-year-old rheumatic woman suffering from vertigo, right earache, and sore throat suffered right-side facial palsy, hoarseness, and swallowing difficulty on day 5...
- Antinociceptive effect of Zanthoxylum rhoifolium Lam. (Rutaceae) in models of acute pain in rodentsS S Pereira
Medicinal Plants Research Center, Federal University of Piaui, Teresina, Brazil
J Ethnopharmacol 129:227-31. 2010..Rutaceae) is locally known as "mamica de cadela", and its bark is popularly used for toothache and earache. The objective of this study was to investigate the antinociceptive effect of the ethanolic extract from this ..
- Otitis media and its consequences: beyond the earacheAnne Vergison
Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Lancet Infect Dis 10:195-203. 2010..Prevention of acute otitis media with existing and future viral and bacterial vaccines seems the most promising approach to affect disease burden and consequences, both in developed and developing countries...
- Longer term outcomes from a randomised trial of prescribing strategies in otitis mediaPaul Little
Community Clinical Sciences Primary Medical Care Group, University of Southampton, Aldermoor Health Centre, Southampton
Br J Gen Pract 56:176-82. 2006..There are limited data about the longer-term outcomes in acute otitis media (AOM) when comparing the realistic alternatives of immediate prescription of antibiotics and a 'wait and see' or delayed prescribing policy...
- [Keratosis obturans of the external auditory canal]Jerzy Kuczkowski
Katedra i Klinika Chorób Uszu, Nosa, Gardła i Krtani AM w Gdańsku
Otolaryngol Pol 61:675-9. 2007..Hyper-cumulation of desquamated epiderm in the external ear canal leads to hearing loss, earache and inflammation of ear canal skin...
- A randomized double blind placebo controlled clinical evaluation of extract of Andrographis paniculata (KalmCold) in patients with uncomplicated upper respiratory tract infectionR C Saxena
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, King George Medical University, Lucknow, India
Phytomedicine 17:178-85. 2010..Nine self evaluated symptoms of cough, expectoration, nasal discharge, headache, fever, sore throat, earache, malaise/fatigue and sleep disturbance were scored...
- Chiropractic claims in the English-speaking worldEdzard Ernst
Complementary Medicine, Peninsula Medical School, University of Exeter, Exeter, England
N Z Med J 123:36-44. 2010..of chiropractors and their associations to treat, asthma, headache/migraine, infant colic, colic, ear infection/earache/otitis media, neck pain, whiplash (not supported by sound evidence), and lower back pain (supported by some ..
- [Malignant neoplasms localised in the parameningeal region in children treated at two Polish oncological centres-diagnostic and therapeutic dilemmas]Ewa Bieań
Klinika Pediatrii, Hematologii, Onkologie i Endokrynologii AM w Gdańsku
Med Wieku Rozwoj 9:449-61. 2005..The aim of the study was to analyze diagnostic and therapeutic problems in children with parameniingeal neoplasms treated in Departments of Paediatric Oncology in Gdansk and Lublin between 1992 and 2004...
- Amoxicillin for fever and sore throat due to non-exudative pharyngotonsillitis: beneficial or harmful?A Leelarasamee
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkoknoi, Bangkok
Int J Infect Dis 4:70-4. 2000..To determine duration of signs and symptoms and adverse reactions after treatment with amoxicillin of patients with fever and sore throat due to non-exudative pharyngotonsillitis...
- Follow-up phone calls after pediatric ambulatory surgery for tonsillectomy: what can we learn from families?Thao Le
Preoperative Assessment Clinic, McGill University Health Centre The Montreal Children s Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Perianesth Nurs 22:256-64. 2007..During the second phone call, a sore throat remained the most important concern followed by a decreased intake. Earache was the third highest concern and vomiting was then reported of concern by a minority of families...
- Evaluation of early postoperative morbidity in pediatric tonsillectomy with the use of sucralfateAndre L L Sampaio
Department of Otolaryngology, Brasilia University Medical School, University of Brasilia, Brazil
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 71:645-51. 2007..The objective of this study is to evaluate the efficacy of sucralfate in alleviating posttonsilectomy morbidity in a pediatric group of patients...
- [Ramsay Hunt syndrome in children: four cases and review]Carmen Sandoval C
Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Departamento de Pediatria, Servicio de Pediatria
Rev Chilena Infectol 25:458-64. 2008..We report four patients between 3 and 17 years-old with RHS. Earache was the first symptom in two cases and three had cochleovestibular compromise...
- Acute thermal ulceration of the epiglottisVishwanath N Shenoy
River Region Health System, Vicksburg, MS 39183, USA
J Miss State Med Assoc 50:259-61. 2009..to the epiglottis as a result of ingestion of hot food should be considered in the differential diagnosis of earache, severe throat pain and odynophagia...
- Importance of generational status in examining access to and utilization of health care services by Mexican American childrenAnthony E Burgos
Department of Pediatrics, Division of General Pediatrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, California, USA
Pediatrics 115:e322-30. 2005....
- Acute otitis media and age at onset among children in GreenlandP Homøe
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Otolaryngol 119:65-71. 1999..AOM was defined as episodes with earache, otorrhoea or previous treatment for AOM, with written otoscopic evidence of AOM resulting in treatment with weak ..
- Prehospital diagnostic and therapeutic management of otogenic Streptococcus pneumoniae meningitisChristian Østergaard
National Centre for Antimicrobials and Infection Control, Statens Serum Institute, Copenhagen, Denmark
Scand J Infect Dis 38:172-80. 2006..respectively, were significantly more frequent prehospital symptoms (median duration of symptoms: 2 d (1-4)) than earache (in 71%, p < 0.0001), tympanic perforation (in 38%, p < 0.0001), and back rigidity (in 25%, p < 0...
- [Chlamydia pneumoniae infection in a family]H M Freidank
Abteilung Mikrobiologie und Hygiene, Institut für Medizinische Mikrobiologie und Hygiene der Universitätsklinik Freiburg
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 122:1377-81. 1997HISTORY AND SYMPTOMS: For 11 weeks a 38-year-old woman had suffered from a respiratory infection with peribronchitis, nocturnal coughing fits and earache.
- [A neutropenic acute myeloid leukemia patient complicated with chronic otitis media due to Aspergillus niger and yeast-like fungi caused by superinfection]K Itoh
First Department of Internal Medicine, Saitama Medical School
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 73:618-22. 1999..Then, he had suffered from a right-sided earache and otic discharge in accord with every myelosuppression, which improved on treatment with otic administration of ..
- [Soft tissue sarcomas of the parameningeal region in children--own observations]Ewa Bien
Klinika Pediatrii, Hematologii, Onkologii i Endokrynologii, Akademia Medyczna, ul Debinki 7, 80 211 Gdansk, Poland
Med Wieku Rozwoj 11:319-23. 2007..Soft tissue sarcomas (STS) non-Hodgkin's lymphomas and less frequently nasopharyngeal carcinomas are the most common malignancies located in the parameningeal region in children...
- Health impacts of flooding in Lewes: a comparison of reported gastrointestinal and other illness and mental health in flooded and non-flooded householdsM Reacher
Health Protection Agency, Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, 61 Colindale Avenue, London NW9 5EQ
Commun Dis Public Health 7:39-46. 2004..Having been flooded was associated with earache (RR 2.2 [1.1,4.1] p = 0.02), and a significant increase in risk of gastroenteritis with depth of flooding (RR 1...
- Pattern of upper respiratory tract infections and physicians' antibiotic prescribing practices in BahrainAbiola C Senok
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Medicine, University of Sharjah, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Med Princ Pract 18:170-4. 2009..To evaluate the pattern of antibiotic prescriptions for paediatric upper respiratory tract infections (URTI) and determine the associated predictors for such antibiotic use in the Kingdom of Bahrain...
- Cervical C2 osteoma, unusual presentation and transoral approach for complete excisionBabak Arvin
Victor Horsley Department of Neurosurgery, The National Hospital Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG, United Kingdom
Spine J 9:e9-11. 2009..The presentation was with mild dysphagia and pressure symptoms behind the left ear similar to earache experienced on an aircraft at high altitude with no hearing loss.
- Acute suppurative otitis media: an unusual cause of orbital apex syndromeAshwani Sethi
Department of ENT, Maulana Azad Medical College and associated L N Hospital, New Delhi, India
Orbit 27:462-5. 2008We report the case of a 40-year-old female who presented to us with earache and a rapidly progressive painful ophthalmoplegia involving the right eye with right temporal swelling...
- An uncommon cause of hiccups: sarcoidosis presenting solely as hiccupsLien Fu Lin
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Tung s Taichung Metroharbor Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan, R O C
J Chin Med Assoc 73:647-50. 2010..A 48-year-old man presented with hiccups of 2 weeks' duration. He denied having headaches, earache, cough, abdominal pain, fever, or body weight loss history...
- Evaluation of the clinical efficacy of Qingqiao capsule in treating patients with secretory otitis mediaYong dong Sun
Department of Otolaryngology, Sixth People s Hospital of Zigong, Sichuan 643020
Chin J Integr Med 11:243-8. 2005..To observe the clinical efficacy of Qingqiao Capsule (QQC) in treating patients with secretory otitis media (SOM)...
- Perioperative complications, comorbidities, and survival in oral or oropharyngeal cancerKarina de Cássia Braga Ribeiro
Department of Head and Neck Surgery and Otorhinolaryngology, Centro de Tratamento e Pesquisa Hospital do Cancer A C Camargo, R Professor Antônio Pudente, 211, CEP 01509 010 São Paulo SP, Brazil
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 129:219-28. 2003....
- Chronic pain among children and adolescents: physician consultation and medication useC W Perquin
Department of General Practice, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin J Pain 16:229-35. 2000..The goal of this study was to assess physician consultation and use of medication in Dutch children and adolescents (0-18 years old) having chronic pain in relation to sociodemographic factors and pain characteristics...
- Self-report of physical symptoms associated with using mobile phones and other electrical devicesLeena H Korpinen
Environmental Health, Tampere University of Technology, Tampere, Finland
Bioelectromagnetics 30:431-7. 2009..1) respondents with different self-reported symptoms which they associated with using mobile phones (headache, earache, or warmth sensations), (2) respondents who had skin symptoms when they stayed in front of a computer screen, (3) ..
- [Paracetamol to preschool children--indications and cultural background]Per Lagerløv
RELIS Sør Rikhispitalet, Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 124:2080-3. 2004..The aim of this study was to examine under what conditions parents find treatment with paracetamol appropriate...
- Traditional knowledge on zootherapeutic uses by the Saharia tribe of Rajasthan, IndiaMadan Mohan Mahawar
Department of Zoology, Government Post Graduate College, Sawai Madhopur, Rajasthan, India
J Ethnobiol Ethnomed 3:25. 2007..recorded and they are used for different ethnomedical purposes, including cough, asthma, tuberculosis, paralysis, earache, herpes, weakness, muscular pain etc...
- Clinical and laboratory evaluation of upper respiratory symptoms in elite athletesAmanda J Cox
Department of Physiology, Australian Institute of Sport, Canberra, Australia
Clin J Sport Med 18:438-45. 2008..To characterize the etiology of upper respiratory symptoms in elite athletes presenting to a sports physician for treatment...
- Effects of indoor environmental factors on risk for acute otitis media in a subtropical areaC Y Yang
School of Public Health, Kaohsiung Medical College, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Toxicol Environ Health A 56:111-9. 1999..An acute otitis media case was defined as a child with acute symptoms (presenting with earache, fever, irritability, and/or discharge from the ear) diagnosed by a physician in the previous year...
- Effects of inhalable particles on respiratory health of childrenD W Dockery
Department of Environmental Science and Physiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Am Rev Respir Dis 139:587-94. 1989..Frequency of earache also tended to be associated with particulate concentrations, but no associations were found with asthma, ..
- Patients' and doctors' views on respiratory tract symptomsHuug van Duijn
Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Scand J Prim Health Care 20:201-2. 2002..To explore the views of patients and doctors on respiratory tract symptoms...
- Association of clinical signs and symptoms with bacterial findings in acute otitis mediaArto A I Palmu
National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Clin Infect Dis 38:234-42. 2004..Pneumococcal AOM was associated with more-severe AOM characterized by fever and earache. AOM due to H. influenzae was associated with eye symptoms and findings...
- Eccrine spiradenoma: an unusual presentation with otalgiaShri K Nadig
Department of Otolaryngology, Antrim Area Hospital, Antrim
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 130:277-8. 2004
- The frequency distribution of presenting symptoms in children aged six months to six years to primary careSara Whitburn
Department of Community Based Medicine, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Prim Health Care Res Dev 12:123-34. 2011..studies of children's symptoms have found that presentations are most common for the symptoms: cough, fever, earache, rash, diarrhoea and vomiting...
- The course of pain in Bell's palsy: treatment with prednisolone and valacyclovirThomas Berg
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Otol Neurotol 30:842-6. 2009..The incidence and intensity of pain during the first 2 months of palsy and its prognostic value were also assessed...
- ECGs in the EDRonn E Tanel
Pediatr Emerg Care 20:553-4. 2004
- Primary pleomorphic adenoma of the external ear canal. Report of a case and literature reviewKonstantinos Markou
Otolaryngology Department, AHEPA Hospital, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Am J Otolaryngol 29:142-6. 2008..These tumors are very rare and usually have a benign course. In this report, we describe an unusual case of pleomorphic adenoma of the external auditory canal associated with chronic infection of the middle ear...
- Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)G Sperati
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 25:381-3. 2005
- The prevalence of symptoms and consultations in pre-school children in the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children (ALSPAC): a prospective cohort studyAlastair D Hay
Academic Unit of Primary Health Care, Department of Community Based Medicine, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TQ, UK
Fam Pract 22:367-74. 2005..Pre-school children are frequent users of health services, but little contemporary data are available describing their symptoms or why they consult...
- GPs criticise otalgia article. Extracts from responsesJames A Cave
BMJ 336:346. 2008
- [Nasal congestion and earache--upper respiratory tract infections in 4-year-old children]K W Wefring
Statens Institutt for Folkehelse, Postboks 4404 Nydalen, 0403 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 121:1329-32. 2001..Other environmental differences seem to be of little importance and do not represent any potential for prophylaxis...
- Otogenic pneumocephalus: case report and review of the literatureF Glynn
Waterford Regional Hospital, Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Dunmore Road, Waterford, Ireland
Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol (Bord) 128:59-61. 2007..We would like to emphasise that this complication of otitis media should be borne in mind when an elderly patient presents with otalgia and confusion...
- Painful ear nodulesKatherine Winter
University of North Carolina Family Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC, USA Email
J Fam Pract 62:503-5. 2013..Was there a connection between our patient's drug use and the appearance of his ears, which were turning black? ..
- Histopathologic changes in liver and kidney of male sprague dawley rats treated with extract of Cardiospermum halicacabum LHuma Shareef
Department of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan
Pak J Pharm Sci 27:2247-50. 2014..Young leaves can be cooked and used as vegetables. The leaf juice has been used as a treatment for earache as well...
- Optimising the management of fever and pain in childrenJ N van den Anker
Department of Pediatrics, The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, USA
Int J Clin Pract Suppl . 2013..for the management of fever or mild-to-moderate pain associated with sore throat, otitis media, toothache, earache and headache...
- A RANDOMIZED CONTROLLED TRIAL OF ECHINACEA IN CHILDRENJames Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- EYE DISEASE, DISABILITY AND MORTALITY RISK IN US ADULTSDavid Lee; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Obstacles to Answering Physicians' Patient-Care QuestionJohn Ely; Fiscal Year: 2003..Benefit: By identifying areas where knowledge resources fail to meet the needs of physicians, we will provide recommendations to help knowledge base developers better meet those needs. ..
- Sensory Impairment, Functional Status and MortalityDavid Lee; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- A CONTROLLED TRIAL OF PSYCHODYNAMIC TREATMENT FOR PANICBarbara Milrod; Fiscal Year: 2004..Upon completion of the award, Dr. Millrod will serve as principle investigator in psychotherapy research studies, and as mentor to residents, child and adolescent psychiatry fellows, medical students and colleagues. ..
- The Feasibility of Assessing the Prevalence of RicketsJames Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition to assessing possible methodologies for the larger project, the preliminary study is designed to yield standalone results with important implications. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Epidemiology of Visual Impairment: The 1986-2002 NHISDavid Lee; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..