Genomes and Genes
Summary: Benign and malignant neoplastic processes that arise from or secondarily involve the meningeal coverings of the brain and spinal cord.
Publications284 found, 100 shown here
- Pathological classification and molecular genetics of meningiomasChristian Mawrin
Department of Neuropathology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Leipziger Strasse 44, Magdeburg, Germany
J Neurooncol 99:379-91. 2010....
- Genomic analysis of non-NF2 meningiomas reveals mutations in TRAF7, KLF4, AKT1, and SMOVictoria E Clark
Department of Neurosurgery, Yale Program in Brain Tumor Research, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Science 339:1077-80. 2013..Collectively, these findings identify distinct meningioma subtypes, suggesting avenues for targeted therapeutics...
- Molecular pathogenesis of meningiomasArie Perry
Division of Neuropathology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110 1093, USA
J Neurooncol 70:183-202. 2004....
- INI1 mutations in meningiomas at a potential hotspot in exon 9U Schmitz
Department of Neuropathology, , Humboldt University, Berlin, 13353, Germany
Br J Cancer 84:199-201. 2001..In addition, 4 novel polymorphisms of INI1 were characterized. Our data indicate that the INI1 is a second tumour suppressor gene on chromosome 22 that may be important for the genesis of meningiomas...
- [68Ga]-DOTATOC-PET/CT for meningioma IMRT treatment planningBarbara Gehler
Department of Radiation Oncology, LMU Munchen, Marchioninistr, 15, 81377 Munchen, Germany
Radiat Oncol 4:56. 2009....
- Transition from meningeal melanocytoma to primary cerebral melanoma. Case reportFlorian Roser
Department of Neurosurgery, Klinikum Hannover Nordstadt, Germany
J Neurosurg 101:528-31. 2004..The biological behavior of a melanocytoma is variable and recurrence may happen after subtotal resection, but intracranial transition into a malignant melanoma has not been observed previously...
- Cellular-telephone use and brain tumorsP D Inskip
Epidemiology and Biostatistics Program, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
N Engl J Med 344:79-86. 2001..If such a risk does exist, the matter would be of considerable public health importance, given the rapid increase worldwide in the use of these devices...
- The role of diffusion-weighted imaging in patients with brain tumorsK Kono
Department of Radiology, Izumi Municipal Hospital, Izumi-shi, Osaka, Japan
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 22:1081-8. 2001..77) and meningiomas (r = -.67). CONCLUSION: The ADC may predict the degree of malignancy of astrocytic tumors, although there is some overlap between ADCs of grade II astrocytomas and glioblastomas...
- Integrative genomic analysis identifies NDRG2 as a candidate tumor suppressor gene frequently inactivated in clinically aggressive meningiomaEriks A Lusis
Division of Neuropathology, Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Cancer Res 65:7121-6. 2005....
- Epigenetic subclassification of meningiomas based on genome-wide DNA methylation analysesYugo Kishida
Department of Neurosurgery, Nagoya University School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya, Aichi 466 8550, Japan
Carcinogenesis 33:436-41. 2012....
- Expression of somatostatin receptor mRNA in human meningiomas and their implication in in vitro antiproliferative activitySara Arena
Section of Pharmacology, Department of Oncology, Biology and Genetics, Genetics, University of Genova, Italy
J Neurooncol 66:155-66. 2004....
- Predisposing conditions and risk factors for development of symptomatic meningioma in adultsBrigitte Schneider
Department of Neurosurgery, Central Clinic, Bad Berka, Germany
Cancer Detect Prev 29:440-7. 2005..Risk factors and predisposing factors for the development of symptomatic meningioma during adult life are not well known...
- Genetic and epigenetic alteration of the NF2 gene in sporadic meningiomasJesus Lomas
Laboratorio de Oncogenética Molecular y Epigenética del Cáncer, Departamento de C Experimental, Unidad de Investigacion, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Madrid, Spain
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 42:314-9. 2005..These results indicate that aberrant NF2 hypermethylation may participate in the development of a significant proportion of sporadic meningiomas, primarily those of grade I...
- Immunophenotypic identification and characterization of tumor cells and infiltrating cell populations in meningiomasPatrícia H Domingues
Centre for Neurosciences and Cell Biology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Coimbra, Portugal
Am J Pathol 181:1749-61. 2012....
- Impaired survival and long-term neurological problems in benign meningiomaHanna van Alkemade
Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Department of Radiation Oncology, Neurosurgical Center Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neuro Oncol 14:658-66. 2012..To assess long-term functional outcome and survival among patients with meningioma World Health Organization (WHO) grade I...
- Genomic profiling reveals alternative genetic pathways of meningioma malignant progression dependent on the underlying NF2 statusStéphane Goutagny
Université Paris 5 Descartes, Paris, France
Clin Cancer Res 16:4155-64. 2010..WHO defines three grades predictive of the risk of recurrence. Clinical data supporting histologic malignant progression of meningiomas are sparse and underlying molecular mechanisms are not clearly depicted...
- Histological classification and molecular genetics of meningiomasMarkus J Riemenschneider
Department of Neuropathology, Heinrich Heine University, Duesseldorf, Germany
Lancet Neurol 5:1045-54. 2006....
- Genomic landscape of meningiomasYohan Lee
Department of Human Genetics, UCLA School of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, Calif 90095 7088, USA
Brain Pathol 20:751-62. 2010..These data offer the most complete description of the genomic landscape of meningiomas, and provide broad genomic information that may be used to further stratify meningioma patients into prognostic risk groups...
- Use of 3D-computed tomography angiography for planning the surgical removal of pineal region meningiomas using Poppen's approach: a report of ten cases and a literature reviewYunqian Li
Department of Neurosurgery, The First Bethune Hospital of Jilin University, 71 Xinmin Avenue, Changchun 130021, China
World J Surg Oncol 9:64. 2011....
- Phase II study of subcutaneous octreotide in adults with recurrent or progressive meningioma and meningeal hemangiopericytomaDerek R Johnson
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Neuro Oncol 13:530-5. 2011..Octreotide was well-tolerated but failed to produce objective tumor response, although 2 patients experienced prolonged stability of previously progressive tumors...
- Combined proton and photon conformal radiotherapy for intracranial atypical and malignant meningiomaChristos Boskos
Institut Curie, Centre de protonthérapie d Orsay, Campus Universitaire, Orsay, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 75:399-406. 2009..To evaluate retrospectively the efficacy of conformal fractionated radiotherapy combining proton and photon beams after primary surgery for treatment of atypical and malignant meningiomas...
- Recurrent meningioma: salvage therapy with long-acting somatostatin analogueMarc C Chamberlain
Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL, USA
Neurology 69:969-73. 2007..The addition of somatostatin inhibits meningioma growth in vitro in some studies. There have been anecdotal reports of octreotide inhibiting growth in meningiomas...
- The diagnostic and therapeutic management of leptomeningeal carcinomatosisN Pavlidis
School of Medicine, University of Ioannina, Greece
Ann Oncol 15:iv285-91. 2004
- MeningiomasIan R Whittle
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Lancet 363:1535-43. 2004..We review various features of meningioma biology, diagnosis, and treatment and provide an overview of the current rationale and evidence base for the various therapeutic approaches...
- Isolation and characterization of tumor stem-like cells from human meningiomasDueng Yuan Hueng
Department of Neurological Surgery, Tri Service General Hospital, Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, 325, Sec 2, Cheng Kung Road, Neihu 114, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Neurooncol 104:45-53. 2011..These findings have provided better understanding of meningioma cell biology and suggested that meningioma stem-like cells may serve as a novel target in therapeutic resistant meningiomas...
- PET imaging of somatostatin receptors using [68GA]DOTA-D-Phe1-Tyr3-octreotide: first results in patients with meningiomasM Henze
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Nucl Med 42:1053-6. 2001..CONCLUSION: According to our initial experiences, [68Ga]DOTATOC seems to be a very promising new PET tracer for imaging SSTRs even in small meningiomas, offering excellent imaging properties and a very high tumor-to-background ratio...
- Metabolic profiles of human brain tumors using quantitative in vivo 1H magnetic resonance spectroscopyF A Howe
Cancer Research UK Biomedical Magnetic Resonance Research Group, Department of Biochemistry and Immunology, St George s Hospital Medical School, Cramner Terrace, London, UK
Magn Reson Med 49:223-32. 2003..3 lipid signals vs. mI/Cho provided a simple way to separate most tumors by type and grade...
- Cellular telephones and risk for brain tumors: a population-based, incident case-control studyH Collatz Christensen
Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, Danish Cancer Society, Copenhagen, Denmark
Neurology 64:1189-95. 2005..To evaluate a possible association of glioma or meningioma with use of cellular telephones, using a nationwide population-based case-control study of incident cases of meningioma and glioma...
- Quantifying the degree of conformity in radiosurgery treatment planningNicoletta J Lomax
Klinik Im Park, Gamma Knife Centre, Zurich, Switzerland
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 55:1409-19. 2003..To compare different parameters used to quantify the quality of a treatment plan and to evaluate the dose conformity and coverage clinically achieved using gamma knife radiosurgery...
- Microarray-based gene expression profiling of benign, atypical and anaplastic meningiomas identifies novel genes associated with meningioma progressionGunnar Wrobel
Division of Molecular Genetics, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Cancer 114:249-56. 2005..Taken together, our microarray-based expression profiling revealed interesting novel candidate genes and pathways that may contribute to meningioma progression...
- Time trends in brain tumor incidence rates in Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden, 1974-2003Isabelle Deltour
Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, Danish Cancer Society, Strandboulevarden 49, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Natl Cancer Inst 101:1721-4. 2009..2% to 4.4%) among women. No change in incidence trends were observed from 1998 to 2003, the time when possible associations between mobile phone use and cancer risk would be informative about an induction period of 5-10 years...
- Malignant transformation of meningeal melanocytoma: a case reportYoichi Uozumi
Department of Neurosurgery, Fukuoka Tokushukai Hospital, Sukukita 4 5, Kasuga, Fukuoka 816 0864, Japan
Brain Tumor Pathol 20:21-5. 2003..After six months, he died from cerebrospinal fluid dissemination of this tumor. To our knowledge, this is the first report of malignant transformation of an intracranial meningeal melanocytoma...
- Benign meningioma: partially resected, biopsied, and recurrent intracranial tumors treated with combined proton and photon radiotherapyE Wenkel
Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 48:1363-70. 2000..To evaluate the recurrence-free survival and complications of combined proton and photon radiotherapy of patients with incompletely resected or recurrent histologically-confirmed benign meningioma...
- The effect of radiosurgery during management of aggressive meningiomasAnthony E Harris
Department of Neurosurgery, The Center for Image Guided Neurosurgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Surg Neurol 60:298-305; discussion 305. 2003..We review the local control and survival rates of patients with aggressive meningiomas after multi-modality therapy that included stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS)...
- Intracranial meningiomas in children: ten-year experiencePericles Maranhao-Filho
Department of Neurosurgery, Brazilian National Cancer Institute, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Pediatr Neurol 39:415-7. 2008..In conclusion, meningiomas are rare in the pediatric population. Most of the lesions are low-grade, and the prognosis in this setting is good...
- Patient gender is associated with distinct patterns of chromosomal abnormalities and sex chromosome linked gene-expression profiles in meningiomasMaria Dolores Tabernero
Unidad de Investigacion, IECSCYL Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, Paseo de San Vicente 58, 3Salamanca, Spain
Oncologist 12:1225-36. 2007....
- Aberrant signaling pathways in meningiomasBrian T Ragel
Department of Neurological Surgery, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
J Neurooncol 99:315-24. 2010....
- Childhood and juvenile meningiomasXing Gao
Department of Neurosurgery, Huashan Hospital, Shanghai Medical College, Fu Dan University, 12 Wulumuqi Zhong Road, Shanghai 200040, China
Childs Nerv Syst 25:1571-80. 2009..The purpose of this paper was to study the clinical characteristic, treatment, and prognosis of childhood meningioma...
- Peritumoral edema after stereotactic radiosurgery for intracranial meningiomas and molecular factors that predict its developmentPeter Kan
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, 175 N Medical Drive East, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
J Neurooncol 83:33-8. 2007..Although uncommon, peritumoral edema can develop as a delayed complication after SRS. The purpose of the study was to evaluate the clinical and molecular risk factors for peritumoral edema after SRS for intracranial meningiomas...
- Improved target volume definition for fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy in patients with intracranial meningiomas by correlation of CT, MRI, and [68Ga]-DOTATOC-PETStefanie Milker-Zabel
Department of Radiation Oncology, Radiation Therapy, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 65:222-7. 2006..Because meningiomas show a high expression of somatostatin receptor subtype 2, somatostatin analogs such as DOTATOC offer the possibility of receptor-targeted imaging...
- Four subtypes of petroclival meningiomas: differences in symptoms and operative findings using the anterior transpetrosal approachS Ichimura
Department of Neurosurgery, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 150:637-45. 2008..This report subclassifies petroclival meningiomas based on their origin determined by using radiological and intra-operative findings...
- Management of bone-invasive, hyperostotic sphenoid wing meningiomasKerem Bikmaz
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205 7199, USA
J Neurosurg 107:905-12. 2007..The intracranial portion of the tumor is usually thin with en plaque spread, and the tumor tends to invade the orbit through the superior orbital fissure...
- Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor in human meningiomas and peritumoral brain areasYa Suo Ding
Department of Neurosurgery, Jinling Hospital, School of Medicine, Nanjing University, 305 East Zhongshan Road, Nanjing 210002, PR China
Ann Clin Lab Sci 38:344-51. 2008..We conclude that VEGF macromolecules are secreted by the tumor tissue and enter peritumoral normal brain tissue to induce edema...
- DNA methylation of multiple promoter-associated CpG islands in meningiomas: relationship with the allelic status at 1p and 22qM Josefa Bello
Department of C Experimental, Laboratorio Oncogenetica Molecular, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Paseo Castellana 261, 28046 Madrid, Spain
Acta Neuropathol 108:413-21. 2004..02) and p14(ARF) /p16(INK4a)(7/30 each one; 23%; not significant). Our findings indicate that aberrant DNA methylation of promoter-associated CpG islands in meningiomas contributes to the development of these tumors...
- Central nervous system meningiomas in the first two decades of life: a clinicopathological analysis of 87 patientsElisabeth J Rushing
Department of Neuropathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
J Neurosurg 103:489-95. 2005..The authors of this study sought to add to the limited available information regarding clinicopathological factors that influence outcome, disease progression, and survival in children with meningiomas...
- Meningeal hemangiopericytoma and solitary fibrous tumors carry the NAB2-STAT6 fusion and can be diagnosed by nuclear expression of STAT6 proteinLeonille Schweizer
Department of Neuropathology, Institute of Pathology, Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg, INF 224, 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Acta Neuropathol 125:651-8. 2013..This immunohistochemical assay may prove valuable for the differentiation of HPC and SFT from other mesenchymal neoplasms...
- Metabolic aggressiveness in benign meningiomas with chromosomal instabilitiesDaniel Monleon
Fundación de Investigación del Hospital Clínico Universitario de Valencia INCLIVA, Universitat de Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Cancer Res 70:8426-34. 2010..Measuring the metabolic phenotype of meningioma intact biopsies at the same time as histopathologic analysis may allow the early detection of clinically aggressive tumors...
- Retrosigmoid intradural suprameatal approach to Meckel's cave and the middle fossa: surgical technique and outcomeM Samii
Department of Neurosurgery, Hannover Medical School and Nordstadt Hospital, Germany
J Neurosurg 92:235-41. 2000..The goal of this study was to determine whether some petroclival tumors can be safely and efficiently treated using a modified retrosigmoid petrosal approach that is called the retrosigmoid intradural suprameatal approach (RISA)...
- Expression of hypoxia inducible factor-1 alpha and correlation with preoperative embolization of meningiomasRandy L Jensen
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84132 2303, USA
J Neurosurg 97:658-67. 2002..In this study, the authors examine the expression of HIF-1alpha and VEGF in meningiomas, with a special emphasis on conditions of hypoxia, such as preoperative embolization, and on in vitro studies in cultured cells...
- Radiotherapy for atypical meningiomasRichard Mair
Department of Neurosurgery, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, USA
J Neurosurg 115:811-9. 2011....
- A clinicopathological and neuroradiological study of paediatric meningioma from a single centreSushila Jaiswal
Department of Pathology, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rae Bareli Road, Lucknow 226 014, Uttar Pradesh, India
J Clin Neurosci 18:1084-9. 2011..Atypical and malignant meningiomas seem to be more common in childhood and adolescence than in adulthood...
- Gene expression profiling of meningiomas: current status after a decade of microarray-based transcriptomic studiesMads Aarhus
Centre for Medical Genetics and Molecular Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 153:447-56. 2011..This article provides a review of the transcriptomic expression profiling studies that have been performed on meningiomas so far. We discuss some future prospects and challenges ahead in the field of gene expression profiling...
- Meningiomas in children and adolescents: a meta-analysis of individual patient dataRishi S Kotecha
Department of Haematology and Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital for Children, Perth, WA, Australia
Lancet Oncol 12:1229-39. 2011..Clinical knowledge has been drawn from small case series and extrapolation from adult studies. This study was done to pool and analyse the clinical evidence on child and adolescent meningioma...
- Medical treatment of recurrent meningiomasMarc C Chamberlain
Department of Neurology, Division of Neuro Oncology, University of Washington, Fred Hutchinson Research Cancer Center, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, 825 Eastlake Avenue East, Mailstop G4 940, Seattle, WA 98109 1023, USA
Expert Rev Neurother 11:1425-32. 2011..Clearly, there remains an unmet need in neuro-oncology with respect to the medical treatment of recurrent meningiomas...
- Predicting outcomes of patients with intracranial meningiomas using molecular markers of hypoxia, vascularity, and proliferationRandy Jensen
Department of Neurosurgery, Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Neurosurgery 71:146-56. 2012..The natural history of surgically treated intracranial meningiomas can be quite variable. Recurrence and patient outcome cannot currently be predicted with accuracy...
- Comparative analysis of the NF2, TP53, PTEN, KRAS, NRAS and HRAS genes in sporadic and radiation-induced human meningiomasT Joachim
Department of Neuropathology, University of Bonn Medical Center, Bonn, Germany
Int J Cancer 94:218-21. 2001..Our data suggest that, while there is a certain overlap in the mutational spectrum, NF2 mutations may not play such a prominent role in the pathogenesis of radiation-induced compared to sporadic meningiomas...
- Microvascularization and expression of VEGF and its receptors in recurring meningiomas: pathobiological data in favor of anti-angiogenic therapy approachesMatthias Preusser
Institute of Neurology, Medical University Vienna, Austria
Clin Neuropathol 31:352-60. 2012....
- Osteopontin expression is a valuable marker for prediction of short-term recurrence in WHO grade I benign meningiomasKuan Yin Tseng
Department of Neurological Surgery, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center 325, Sec 2, Cheng Kung Road, Neihu 114, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Neurooncol 100:217-23. 2010..Moreover, determination of the OPN Allred score is a reliable, quantitative tool for predicting recurrence-free time in benign meningioma patients...
- MIB-1 immunolabeling: a valuable marker in prediction of benign recurring meningiomasMahesha Vankalakunti
Department of Histopathology, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Neuropathology 27:407-12. 2007..MIB-1 positive tumor cells were maximally aggregated at the periphery of excised specimen. MIB-1 HLI, integrated with standard histopathology can provide better information about the disease biological nature in benign meningiomas...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-2 and matrix metalloproteinase-9 expressions correlate with the recurrence of intracranial meningiomasMasaki Okada
Department of Neurological Surgery, Kagawa Medical University, Kita County, Kagawa, Japan
J Neurooncol 66:29-37. 2004..We studied whether or not the expressions of MMP-2 and MMP-9 were correlated with the proliferative potential or recurrence of intracranial meningiomas...
- Expression of extracellular matrix-degrading proteins in classic, atypical, and anaplastic meningiomasA Josefine U von Randow
Department of Neurology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Medical Center, Frankfurt Main, Germany
Pathol Res Pract 202:365-72. 2006..However, these factors may represent a potential target for pharmacological blocking as an anti-invasive therapy...
- Intracranial intermediate-grade meningeal melanocytoma with increased cellular proliferative index: an illustrative case associated with a nevus of OtaMarta Navas
Department of Neurosurgery, La Princesa University Hospital, Madrid, Spain
J Neurooncol 95:105-15. 2009..The MIB-1/Ki-67 labeling index may have potential prognostic value in helping the clinician to predict an aggressive clinical behavior and/or malignant progression for primary melanocytic neoplasms of the CNS...
- Phase II study of imatinib mesylate for recurrent meningiomas (North American Brain Tumor Consortium study 01-08)Patrick Y Wen
Center for Neuro Oncology, Dana Farber Brigham and Women s Cancer Center, SW430D, 44 Binney St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Neuro Oncol 11:853-60. 2009..Single-agent imatinib was well tolerated but had no significant activity in recurrent meningiomas. Trough plasma concentrations of imatinib exceeded those associated with imatinib activity in chronic myelogenous leukemia...
- Spinal leptomeningeal metastasis from cerebral glioblastoma multiforme presenting with radicular pain: case report and literature reviewS Alatakis
Department of Neurosurgery, Austin and Repatriation Medical Centre, Heidelberg, Victoria, Australia
Surg Neurol 56:33-7; discussion 37-8. 2001..Awareness of this condition will facilitate appropriate intervention...
- Combined-modality treatment of leptomeningeal gliomatosisMarc C Chamberlain
Department of Neurology, University of Southern California, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center and Hospital, Los Angeles, California 90033 0804, USA
Neurosurgery 52:324-29; discussion 330. 2003..The goal of this study was to determine the toxicity and response rate of combined-modality therapy for the treatment of patients with HGGs and LG...
- Expression of cell adhesion proteins and proteins related to angiogenesis and fatty acid metabolism in benign, atypical, and anaplastic meningiomasAlexandros Theodoros Panagopoulos
Department of Neurosurgery, Santa Casa Hospital, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Neurooncol 89:73-87. 2008....
- Supratentorial meningeal melanocytoma mimicking a convexity meningiomaK Beseoglu
Department of Neurosurgery, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 148:485-90. 2006..Thus, most reported cases of meningeal melanocytomas are located in the posterior fossa and the spinal cord, respectively...
- Cavernous sinus meningiomas: a large LINAC radiosurgery seriesRoberto Spiegelmann
Department of Neurosurgery, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, 52621, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Neurooncol 98:195-202. 2010..Radiosurgery had a high control rate for meningiomas of the cavernous sinus with few and mild complications. Cranial neuropathy can be solved by treatment, particularly those of recent onset...
- New pathology classification, imagery techniques and prospective trials for meningiomas: the future looks brightDamien C Weber
Department of Radiation Oncology, Geneva University Hospital and University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Curr Opin Neurol 23:563-70. 2010..This review will focus on recent advances in radiology and their significance for clinical care. The new WHO classification will be detailed...
- Gamma knife radiosurgery of imaging-diagnosed intracranial meningiomaJohn C Flickinger
Department of Radiation Oncology, Center for Image Guided Neurosurgery, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 56:801-6. 2003..To evaluate tumor control and outcome from radiosurgery of meningiomas diagnosed by imaging without pathologic verification...
- Correlation of clinical and biological parameters with peritumoral edema in meningiomaSun Ha Paek
Department of Neurosurgery, Clinical Research Institute of Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Neurooncol 60:235-45. 2002..The expressions of MMP-2, -9, and TIMPs as well as VEGF in meningioma suggests that they are strongly related with the presence of PTE in meiningiomas, and that they might play the important role in the formation of PTE in meningiomas...
- Common variation at 10p12.31 near MLLT10 influences meningioma riskSara E Dobbins
Section of Cancer Genetics, Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, UK
Nat Genet 43:825-7. 2011..We identified a new susceptibility locus for meningioma at 10p12.31 (MLLT10, rs11012732, odds ratio = 1.46, P(combined) = 1.88 × 10(-14)). This finding advances our understanding of the genetic basis of meningioma development...
- Tumor shrinkage assessed by volumetric MRI in the long-term follow-up after stereotactic radiotherapy of meningiomasSabrina T Astner
Department of Radiotherapy and Radiooncology, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 186:423-9. 2010..To evaluate tumor volume reduction in the follow-up of meningiomas after fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy (FSRT) or linac radiosurgery (RS) by using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- Expression of extracellular matrix markers in benign meningiomasAsha Das
Maxine Dunitz Neurosurgical Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, USA
Neuropathology 23:275-81. 2003..The present study suggests that expression of these factors in benign meningiomas is ubiquitous and unrelated to tumor location. Therefore, these factors of the extracellular matrix may be potential targets of future therapy...
- Radiosurgery of meningeal melanocytomaH Kurita
Department of Neurosurgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Neurooncol 46:57-61. 2000..The patient underwent gamma knife radiosurgery for the residual tumor, in which 25 Gy of radiation was delivered to the tumor margin. Three years after irradiation, the tumor showed marked shrinkage without complication...
- Diagnostic and prognostic significance of genetic regional heterogeneity in meningiomasWolfgang K Pfisterer
Neuro Oncology Research and Neurosurgery Research Laboratory, Barrow Neurological Institute of St Joseph s Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ 85013, USA
Neuro Oncol 6:290-9. 2004..05). We conclude that the appearance of chromosomal aberrations in different areas of the tumor demonstrates the importance of regional heterogeneity in the biological behavior of meningiomas...
- Meningiomas of the velum interpositum: surgical considerationsAlan P Lozier
Department of Neurosurgery, The Neurological Institute of New York, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032 3784, USA
Neurosurg Focus 15:E11. 2003..Posterior displacement of the internal cerebral veins demonstrated on preoperative imaging provides a strong rationale for use of the supracerebellar-infratentorial approach...
- Highly conformal therapy using proton component in the management of meningiomas. Preliminary experience of the Centre de Protonthérapie d'OrsayGeorges Noel
Centre de protonthérapie d Orsay, France
Strahlenther Onkol 178:480-5. 2002..To evaluate the efficacy and the tolerance of an escalated dose of external conformal fractionated radiation therapy combining photons and protons in the treatment of intracranial meningiomas...
- Genetic and protein changes of E-cadherin in meningiomasNives Pecina-Slaus
Croatian Institute for Brain Research, School of Medicine, University of Zagreb, Croatia
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 136:695-702. 2010..The molecular mechanisms and candidate genes involved in development of meningiomas still needs investigation and elucidation...
- A review of malignant meningiomas: diagnosis, characteristics, and treatmentSimon Hanft
Department of Neurological Surgery, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Neurooncol 99:433-43. 2010..Using this as a foundation, we will then discuss the current therapeutic strategies for managing these lesions and the future direction that such interventions may take...
- Meningeal hemangiopericytoma: a retrospective study of 21 patients with special review of postoperative external radiotherapyH Dufour
Department of Neurosurgery, H pital de la Timone Adultes, Marseille, France
Neurosurgery 48:756-62; discussion 762-3. 2001..To specify that postoperative radiotherapy is useful for preventing local recurrence and neuraxis recurrence of surgically treated meningeal hemangiopericytomas...
- Indications for surgery in patients with asymptomatic meningiomas based on an extensive experienceShigetoshi Yano
Department of Neurosurgery, Faculty of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kumamoto University Graduate School, Kumamoto, Japan
J Neurosurg 105:538-43. 2006....
- Radiosurgery as definitive management of intracranial meningiomasDouglas Kondziolka
Department of Neurological Surgery, The Center for Image Guided Neurosurgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Neurosurgery 62:53-8; discussion 58-60. 2008..We evaluated clinical and imaging outcomes of meningiomas stratified by histological tumor grade...
- Association of meningioma with reproductive factorsEunsuk Lee
Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60612, USA
Int J Cancer 119:1152-7. 2006..These data add to the evidence that factors known to influence endogenous hormones (pregnancy and indirectly smoking) may have protective effects for meningiomas primarily in premenopausal women...
- The natural history of incidental meningiomasMakoto Nakamura
Department of Neurosurgery, Nordstadt Hospital, Hannover, Germany
Neurosurgery 53:62-70; discussion 70-1. 2003..The aim of this study was to determine the natural history of asymptomatic meningiomas by comparing different methods of growth rate calculation to establish a strategy for dealing with these tumors...
- Sex steroid hormone exposures and risk for meningiomaBalraj S Jhawar
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Neurosurg 99:848-53. 2003..The goal of this study was to investigate the risk of meningioma in relation to exogenous and endogenous sex hormones...
- Characterization of 68Ga-DOTA-D-Phe1-Tyr3-octreotide kinetics in patients with meningiomasMarcus Henze
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 400, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Nucl Med 46:763-9. 2005..In contrast to (18)F-FDG, this ligand shows high meningioma-to-background ratios. The aim was to evaluate kinetic parameters in meningiomas before radiotherapy...
- Management of atypical and malignant meningiomas: role of high-dose, 3D-conformal radiation therapyE B Hug
Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Neurooncol 48:151-60. 2000..Atypical and malignant meningiomas are at high risk for local failure. The role of radiation therapy (RT) and dose levels required to improve tumor control are poorly defined. This study reviews our experience with RT...
- Stereotactic proton beam therapy of skull base meningiomasF J Vernimmen
Department of Radiation Oncology, Tygerberg Hospital, Tygerberg, South Africa
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 49:99-105. 2001..To review outcomes for patients with skull base meningiomas treated using the stereotactic proton beam at the National Accelerator Center (NAC), Republic of South Africa...
- Radiation-induced meningioma: a descriptive study of 253 casesSiegal Sadetzki
Cancer Epidemiology Unit, Gertner Institute, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Neurosurg 97:1078-82. 2002..These parameters were compared with those of 41 patients with meningiomas in whom there was no previous history of irradiation (non-RIM group) and with other series of patients presented in the literature...
- Functional outcome of patients with benign meningioma treated by 3D conformal irradiation with a combination of photons and protonsGeorges Noel
Institut Curie, Orsay, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 62:1412-22. 2005..To evaluate efficacy and tolerance of external fractionated combination of photon and proton radiation therapy (RT) for intracranial benign meningiomas...
- Meningioma transcript profiles reveal deregulated Notch signaling pathwayIleana C Cuevas
Brain Tumor Research Center, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Cancer Res 65:5070-5. 2005....
- Pituitary function after endonasal surgery for nonadenomatous parasellar tumors: Rathke's cleft cysts, craniopharyngiomas, and meningiomasJoshua R Dusick
Division of Neurosurgery, University of California at Los Angeles David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Surg Neurol 70:482-90; discussion 490-1. 2008..Herein we present the rates and risk factors of new hormonal failure and recovery in patients undergoing surgery for either an RCC, craniopharyngioma, or tuberculum sella meningioma...
- Meningioangiomatosis occurring in a young male without neurofibromatosis: with special reference to its histogenesis and loss of heterozygosity in the NF2 gene regionYukio Takeshima
Second Department of Pathology, Hiroshima University School of Medicine, Hiroshima, Japan
Am J Surg Pathol 26:125-9. 2002..This is the first report of a genetic alteration in a case of meningioangiomatosis...
- Ets-1 is up-regulated together with its target gene products matrix metalloproteinase-2 and matrix metalloproteinase-9 in atypical and anaplastic meningiomasA F Okuducu
Institute of Neuropathology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
Histopathology 48:836-45. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine the relationship between the expression of Ets-1, MMP-2 and -9 and the malignant potential of meningiomas...
- Childhood and adolescent meningiomas: a report of 38 cases and review of literatureG Menon
Department of Neurosurgery, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum, 695011, India
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 151:239-44; discussion 244. 2009..The aim is to study the clinical, radiological and pathological features of childhood and adolescent meningiomas and analyse outcome prognosticators...
- Multifocal meningeal melanocytoma: a new pathological entity or the result of leptomeningeal seeding?Youssef Ali
Department of Neurosurgery, Saint Joseph University Faculty of Medicine and Hôtel Dieu de France, Beirut, Lebanon
J Neurosurg 111:488-91. 2009..They review the literature relevant to this topic and discuss the radiological and pathological features of this disease as well as its treatment options...
- Peptide receptor radionuclide therapy with (90)Y-DOTATOC in recurrent meningiomaMirco Bartolomei
Division of Nuclear Medicine, European Institute of Oncology, Via Ripamonti 435, 20141, Milan, Italy
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 36:1407-16. 2009....
- Meningeal melanocytoma: an aggressive course for a benign tumorAli Bydon
Hermelin Brain Tumor Center, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
J Neurooncol 64:259-63. 2003..In this report, we present an unusual case of spinal meningeal melanocytoma with diffuse spread throughout the craniospinal axis that proved to be fatal...
- Automated brain tumor biopsy prediction using single-labeling cDNA microarrays-based gene expression profilingXavier Castells
Grup d aplicacions Biomèdiques de la RMN, Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Facultat de Biociencies, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
Diagn Mol Pathol 18:206-18. 2009..Herewith, we demonstrate that primary brain tumor types can be discriminated using microarray data in an automated and objective way...
- Occupational exposure to pesticides and risk of adult brain tumorsClaudine M Samanic
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20852, USA
Am J Epidemiol 167:976-85. 2008..01). There was no association between meningioma and herbicide or insecticide exposure among men. These findings highlight the need to go beyond job title to elucidate potential carcinogenic exposures within different occupations...
- Oncolytic Virotherapy of Meningeal CancerMatthias Gromeier; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our project will establish the necessary groundwork to start discussion with FDA and submit an investigational new drug application for clinical trials against medulloblastoma with meningeal dissemination. ..
- Macromolecular therapeutics for neoplastic meningitisMikhail I Papisov; Fiscal Year: 2011..Presently, there is no effective treatment for neoplastic meningitis, and the median survival of cancer patients who develop this complication is reported to be about 3 months. ..
- Regional AGT Depeltion of CNS and Leptomeningeal TumorsHenry Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2005..To define the role of intrathecal AGT inhibitors in enhancing system or intrathecal temozolomide therapy of neoplastic meningitis. ..
- THERAPEUTICS STUDIES OF PRIMARY CNS MALIGNANCIESPatrick Wen; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Treating CNS malignancies with 131-I-8H9Kim Kramer; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- 131-1 3F8 FOR LEPTOMENINGEAL CANCERSKim Kramer; Fiscal Year: 2008..This study will be the basis for other regional therapies using radiolabeled-antibodies targeting tumor associated antigens for other CNS malignancies. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PEDIATRIC BRAIN TUMOR RESEARCH CENTERSusan Blaney; Fiscal Year: 2003..It offers leadership in the development of new agents, in new uses of sophisticated radiotherapy, and in the application of new approaches to brain tumor therapy. ..
- BACKTRACKING TRANSLOCATIONS IN CHILDHOOD LEUKEMIAJoseph Wiemels; Fiscal Year: 2006..We are ultimately working to elucidate the origin and causes of a cancer that might be preventable. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Meningioma: Risk Factors and Quality of LifeJOSEPH LEO WIEMELS; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study represents the first concentrated effort to examine environmental and genetic risk factors for meningioma. ..
- Allergic Condition Biomarkers and Glioma RiskJudith Schwartzbaum; Fiscal Year: 2004..Assuming a 0.05 significance level and 80 percent power, depending on the polymorphism, the proposed sample is large enough to detect a confounding-adjusted odds ratios of 0.6. ..
- Genetic Mutations in Gliomatosis CerebriMarcus Ware; Fiscal Year: 2004..We shall use this data to determine if there are specific patterns of chromosome aberrations that are characteristic of GC. Our final goal is to compare copy-number aberrations seen in GC to those seen in other non-GC astrocytic tumors. ..
- Polysomal RNA Antitumor ImmunityJohn Chi; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results from these experiments will help characterize the potential use of dendritic cells transfected with polysomal RNA in creating antigen specific tumor vaccines for brain tumors. ..
- The Brain Tumor Epidemiology Consortium Fall '05 MeetingFaith Davis; Fiscal Year: 2005..This meeting will bring together neuro-pathologists and epidemiologists to address these issues as they pertain to BTEC projects. ..
- Lapatinib in childhood CNS malignanciesMaryam Fouladi; Fiscal Year: 2006..These data will be used in the rational design of future phase I combination or frontline studies to improve the outcome in children with these poor prognosis tumors. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Age-Dependent Response of Hippocampal Neurons to StressGregory Brewer; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Participating Member Institution in NABTCLisa DeAngelis; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- NABTC - M.D. Anderson Clinical CenterMark Gilbert; Fiscal Year: 2008..The NABTC continues with the long-term goal of developing more effective treatments for patients with primary brain tumors, particularly malignant gliomas, combining longevity with the quality of survival. ..
- Molecular Classification and Therapy of CNS LymphomasJames Rubenstein; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will perform gene expression profile analysis of these tumors from diagnostic specimens obtained from a frozen tumor bank to identify a set of genes, which can be used to predict outcome. ..
- Laboratory based Evaluation of Tobacco Harm ReductionJerry M Rice; Fiscal Year: 2010..The importance of this issue is highlighted by the Program Announcement for PREP studies, and this proposal is responsive to that. ..
- Device Design for Treatment of Aortic DiseaseDavid Saloner; Fiscal Year: 2005..These improvements will benefit the large numbers of individuals who are likely to receive treatment with endovascular stent-grafts in the coming years. ..
- INVERSE METASTATIC MODALITIES BY HEPARANASESDario Marchetti; Fiscal Year: 2005..They will provide a framework for the development of polysaccharide-based anti-cancer molecules as important prognostic tools and diagnostic screens for metastatic detection, diagnosis and treatment. ..
- MR DETERMINATION OF LUMEN CONTOURS AND PLAQUE COMPONENTSDavid Saloner; Fiscal Year: 2001..Armed with this data we could embark on a prospective monitoring program to define patients at risk. ..
- NEUROFIBROMIN AS A NEGATIVE REGULATOR FOR ASTROCYTESDavid Gutmann; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- PROTEIN 4.1 TUMOR SUPPRESSORS IN MENINGIOMA PATHOGENESISDavid Gutmann; Fiscal Year: 2003..and (3) analyzing the ability of DAL-1 to impair cell growth and motility. These studies are collectively designed to define the role of this novel family of growth regulators in meningioma tumorigenesis and progression. ..
- MRI Determination of Carotid Atherosclerosis ProgressionDavid Saloner; Fiscal Year: 2004..Establishment of these imaging methods will also be valuable for drug trials aimed at determining the response of atherosclerosis to pharmacological interventions. ..
- Analysis of Ethnic Admixture in Lung CancerJill Barnholtz Sloan; Fiscal Year: 2006..These projects will give me experience in developing methodology in statistical genetics and genetic epidemiology, while also helping me to better understand etiology of disease. ..
- Molecular Determinants of Neural Stem Cell FunctionDavid Gutmann; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Image-Guided Monitoring of Meningioma Embolization in a Combined MRI/XRA SuiteDavid Saloner; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Meningioma: Risk Factors and Quality of LifePeter M Black; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study represents the first concentratedeffort to examine environmental and genetic risk factors for meningioma. ..
- Occupational exposures and brain cancerElisabeth Cardis; Fiscal Year: 2010..Further analyses of possible interactions between EMF and specific chemicals will also be conducted. ..
- RADIODIAGNOSIS & RADIOTHERAPY OF LUNG CANCER METASTASESAMIN KASSIS; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- THE ROLE OF SPARC IN GLIOMA INVASIONSandra Rempel; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will also determine whether SPARC's regulation of the phenotypes results from differences in cellular versus extracellular localization. ..
- PRECLINICAL MODELS FOR HUMAN ASTROCYTOMASDavid Gutmann; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Phase II Study of 44Gy from 131I-81C6 for CNS TumorsDavid Reardon; Fiscal Year: 2004..To further define the toxicity of this approach and Specific Aim 3.To determine the impact of this therapy on quality of life. ..
- NABTT-Consortium Therapeutic Studies of CNS MalignanciesStuart Grossman; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Neurofibromatosis Foundation International ConsortiumDavid Gutmann; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Identification and Preclinical Evaluation of New Brain Tumor TherapiesDavid Gutmann; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS OF NF2 GENE MUTATIONSDavid Gutmann; Fiscal Year: 2003..Our ability to design rational therapies for schwannomas and meningiomas is dependent on an improved understanding of the mechanisms by which loss of merlin expression and function promotes tumor formation. ..
- US with Submicron Bubbles for Sentinel Node DetectionErik Wisner; Fiscal Year: 2004..Successful completion of this study will lead to an alternative method for intra-operative sentinel node localization that may obviate many of the limitations of current techniques. ..
- MRSI Optimization of Prostate BrachytherapySteven Dibiase; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our basic scientists in our physics division have strong backgrounds in this area and have worked closely with clinicians in translating the MRSI information into the therapy of our patients with prostate cancer. ..
- Neurogenesis in the Human BrainAlfredo Quinones Hinojosa; Fiscal Year: 2003....