Genomes and Genes
Summary: Pathological processes that tend eventually to become malignant. (From Dorland, 27th ed)
Publications300 found, 100 shown here
- Nomenclature and classification of potentially malignant disorders of the oral mucosaS Warnakulasuriya
Department of Oral Medicine, King s College London Dental Institute at Guy s, Denmark Hill Campus, Caldecot Road, London, UK
J Oral Pathol Med 36:575-80. 2007..The terminology presented in this report reflects our best understanding of multi-step carcinogenesis in the oral mucosa, and aspires to engender consistency in use...
- Activation of the DNA damage checkpoint and genomic instability in human precancerous lesionsVassilis G Gorgoulis
Department of Histology and Embryology, School of Medicine, University of Athens, Athens GR 11527, Greece
Nature 434:907-13. 2005..We propose that, from its earliest stages, cancer development is associated with DNA replication stress, which leads to DNA double-strand breaks, genomic instability and selective pressure for p53 mutations...
- Management of precancerous conditions and lesions in the stomach (MAPS): guideline from the European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ESGE), European Helicobacter Study Group (EHSG), European Society of Pathology (ESP), and the Sociedade Portuguesa M Dinis-Ribeiro
Department of Gastroenterology, Portuguese Oncology Institute of Coimbra, Portugal
Endoscopy 44:74-94. 2012..have therefore combined efforts to develop evidence-based guidelines on the management of patients with precancerous conditions and lesions of the stomach (termed MAPS)...
- Oral epithelial dysplasia classification systems: predictive value, utility, weaknesses and scope for improvementS Warnakulasuriya
Department of Oral Medicine, King s College Dental Institute at Guy s, King s and St Thomas Hospitals, London, UK
J Oral Pathol Med 37:127-33. 2008....
- Beta-catenin blocks Kras-dependent reprogramming of acini into pancreatic cancer precursor lesions in miceJohn P Morris
Diabetes Center, Department of Medicine, UCSF, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Clin Invest 120:508-20. 2010....
- Aberrant CpG island hypermethylation along multistep hepatocarcinogenesisSun Lee
Department of Pathology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Am J Pathol 163:1371-8. 2003..CpG island methylation of E-cadherin or GSTP1 might serve as a potential biomarker for prognostication of HCC patients...
- Aberrant methylation of p16(INK4a) is an early event in lung cancer and a potential biomarker for early diagnosisS A Belinsky
Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Lung Cancer Program, P O Box 5890, Albuquerque, NM 87185, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:11891-6. 1998..These studies show for the first time that an epigenetic alteration, aberrant methylation of the p16 gene, can be an early event in lung cancer and may constitute a new biomarker for early detection and monitoring of prevention trials...
- Pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia: a new nomenclature and classification system for pancreatic duct lesionsR H Hruban
Departments of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 25:579-86. 2001..The acceptance of a standard classification system will facilitate the study of pancreatic duct lesions, and will lead ultimately to a better understanding of their biologic importance...
- Profiling early head and neck cancerKeith D Hunter
The Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Garscube Estate, Switchback Road, Bearsden, Glasgow G61 1BD, Scotland
Nat Rev Cancer 5:127-35. 2005..Recent advances have begun to elucidate the different aetiologies of HNSCCs in relation to previous pre-malignancies and to identify which pre-malignant lesions are likely to progress to malignancy...
- Update on the serrated pathway to colorectal carcinomaDale C Snover
Department of Pathology, Fairview Southdale Hospital, Hibbing, MN 55746, USA
Hum Pathol 42:1-10. 2011..This article reviews the various pathways to colorectal carcinoma with emphasis on the serrated pathway and evaluates the implications of this pathway for colorectal carcinomas screening programs...
- Oral cancer and precancerous lesionsBrad W Neville
Department of Stomatology, College of Dental Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, USA
CA Cancer J Clin 52:195-215. 2002..The purpose of this article is to review the clinical features of oral cancer and premalignant oral lesions, with an emphasis on early detection...
- Helicobacter pylori CagA interacts with E-cadherin and deregulates the beta-catenin signal that promotes intestinal transdifferentiation in gastric epithelial cellsN Murata-Kamiya
Division of Molecular Oncology, Institute for Genetic Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Oncogene 26:4617-26. 2007..pylori CagA plays an important role in the development of intestinal metaplasia, a premalignant transdifferentiation of gastric epithelial cells from which intestinal-type gastric adenocarcinoma arises...
- Potentially malignant disorders of the oral and oropharyngeal mucosa; terminology, classification and present concepts of managementIsaac van der Waal
VU University Medical Center Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Pathology, P O Box 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Oral Oncol 45:317-23. 2009..Finally, brief attention has been paid to oral submucous fibrosis, actinic cheilitis, some inherited cancer syndromes and immunodeficiency in relation to cancer predisposition...
- Evaluation of an autofluorescence based imaging system (VELscope™) in the detection of oral potentially malignant disorders and benign keratosesK H Awan
Oral Medicine, Department of Clinical and Diagnostic Sciences, King s College London Dental Institute, United Kingdom
Oral Oncol 47:274-7. 2011..1% and 15.3% respectively. While VELscope was useful in confirming the presence of oral leukoplakia and erythroplakia and other oral mucosal disorders, the device was unable to discriminate high-risk from low-risk lesions...
- Genome-wide DNA methylation profiles in precancerous conditions and cancersYae Kanai
Pathology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Sci 101:36-45. 2010..Therefore, genome-wide DNA methylation profiling may provide optimal indicators for carcinogenetic risk estimation and prognostication, and thus provide an avenue for cancer prevention and therapy on an individual basis...
- Gastric cancer risk in patients with premalignant gastric lesions: a nationwide cohort study in the NetherlandsAnnemarie C de Vries
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Erasmus MC University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Gastroenterology 134:945-52. 2008..Quantification of gastric cancer risk in patients with premalignant gastric lesions is unclear, however. Consequently, endoscopic surveillance is controversial, especially in Western populations...
- Environmental factors in Helicobacter pylori-related gastric precancerous lesions in VenezuelaIkuko Kato
Karmanos Cancer Institute Department of Pathology, Wayne State University, Detroit MI, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:468-76. 2004..However, there were no inverse associations with plasma antioxidant vitamins. These findings offer important public health implications in preventing progression of HP-associated gastric precancerous lesions in high-risk populations...
- Short term persistence of human papillomavirus and risk of cervical precancer and cancer: population based cohort studyPhilip E Castle
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, DHHS, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
BMJ 339:b2569. 2009....
- Up and downregulation of p16(Ink4a) expression in BRAF-mutated polyps/adenomas indicates a senescence barrier in the serrated route to colon cancerLydia Kriegl
Department of Pathology, Ludwig Maximilians Universität LMU, Munich, Germany
Mod Pathol 24:1015-22. 2011..Loss of p16(Ink4a) expression occurs during malignant transformation and is caused mainly by aberrant methylation of the CDKN2A promoter...
- Notch and Kras reprogram pancreatic acinar cells to ductal intraepithelial neoplasiaJean Paul De La O
Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah, 15 North 2030 East, Room 2100, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:18907-12. 2008..At the cellular level, Notch/Kras coactivation promotes rapid reprogramming of acinar cells to a duct-like phenotype, providing an explanation for how a characteristically ductal tumor can arise from nonductal acinar cells...
- Transgenic Polyoma middle-T mice model premalignant mammary diseaseJ E Maglione
Department of Medicine, Cancer Center, School of Medicine, University of California-San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Cancer Res 61:8298-305. 2001..These results support the use of PyV-mT transgenic mice as a model for investigating the multistep progression of malignant mammary tumorigenesis and metastasis...
- A 2-year prospective study of human papillomavirus persistence among women with a cytological diagnosis of atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance or low-grade squamous intraepithelial lesionMartyn Plummer
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
J Infect Dis 195:1582-9. 2007..Most infections and associated lesions clear spontaneously. It is important to define the determinants and timing of clearance, so that viral persistence can be recognized and managed...
- Biomarkers in dysplasia of the oral cavity: a systematic reviewJoel Smith
Institute of Head and Neck Studies and Education, Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire, Clifford Bridge Road, Coventry, United Kingdom
Oral Oncol 45:647-53. 2009..Research into this field should concentrate on longitudinal design, with pooling of data from multiple centres to achieve larger cohorts. We recommend standardisation of definitions to allow appropriate comparisons to be made...
- Methylation of p16 CpG island associated with malignant progression of oral epithelial dysplasia: a prospective cohort studyJie Cao
Peking University School and Hospital of Stomatology, Beijing, China
Clin Cancer Res 15:5178-83. 2009..To investigate the predictive value of p16 methylation on malignant potential in oral epithelial dysplasia, we carried out the prospective cohort study...
- The field of tissue injury in the lung and airwayKatrina Steiling
The Pulmonary Center, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 1:396-403. 2008....
- Genetics/epigenetics of oral premalignancy: current status and future researchM W Lingen
Department of Pathology, The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Oral Dis 17:7-22. 2011..In addition, recommendations for future research studies directed at defining the predictive capacity of specific biomarkers in this modeling are presented...
- Minichromosome maintenance proteins as biological markers of dysplasia and malignancyA Freeman
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 5:2121-32. 1999....
- Carcinogenesis in mouse stomach by simultaneous activation of the Wnt signaling and prostaglandin E2 pathwayHiroko Oshima
Division of Genetics, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, 13 1 Takara machi, Kanazawa 920 0934, Japan
Gastroenterology 131:1086-95. 2006..To investigate the role of Wnt and PGE(2) in gastric cancer, we have generated transgenic mice that activate both pathways and examined their phenotypes...
- A novel pit pattern identifies the precursor of colorectal cancer derived from sessile serrated adenomaTomoaki Kimura
Department of Gastroenterology, Akita Red Cross Hospital, Akita, Japan
Am J Gastroenterol 107:460-9. 2012..Consequently, colonoscopic identification of SSAs has important implications for preventing CRCs, but accurate endoscopic diagnosis is often difficult. Our aim was to clarify which endoscopic findings are specific to SSAs...
- Acinar cells contribute to the molecular heterogeneity of pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasiaLiqin Zhu
Department of Biological Sciences and the Purdue Cancer Center, Purdue University, Hansen Life Sciences Research Building, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2064, USA
Am J Pathol 171:263-73. 2007..Identification of an acinar contribution to PanIN formation offers new directions for successful targeted therapeutic approaches to combat this disease...
- Adjunctive techniques for oral cancer examination and lesion diagnosis: a systematic review of the literatureLauren L Patton
Department of Dental Ecology, General Practice Residency Program, School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7450, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 139:896-905; quiz 993-4. 2008..Adjunctive techniques that may facilitate the early detection of oral premalignant and malignant lesions (OPML) have emerged in the past decades...
- Central role of c-Myc during malignant conversion in human hepatocarcinogenesisPal Kaposi-Novak
Laboratory of Experimental Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute, Center for Cancer Research, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Res 69:2775-82. 2009....
- Oxygenated hemoglobin diffuse reflectance ratio for in vivo detection of oral pre-cancerRupananda Mallia
Centre for Earth Science Studies, Biophotonics Laboratory, Trivandrum, India
J Biomed Opt 13:041306. 2008....
- Fields and field cancerization: the preneoplastic origins of cancer: asymptomatic hyperplastic fields are precursors of neoplasia, and their progression to tumors can be tracked by saturation density in cultureHarry Rubin
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Life Sciences Addition, University of California, Berkeley, USA
Bioessays 33:224-31. 2011....
- Nanoscale cellular changes in field carcinogenesis detected by partial wave spectroscopyHariharan Subramanian
Biomedical Engineering Department, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, USA
Cancer Res 69:5357-63. 2009..These results have important implications in that PWS can be used as a new method to identify patients harboring malignant or premalignant tumors by interrogating easily accessible tissue sites distant from the location of the lesion...
- Histologically normal human mammary epithelia with silenced p16(INK4a) overexpress COX-2, promoting a premalignant programYongping G Crawford
Department of Pathology and Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Cancer Cell 5:263-73. 2004..These putative precursors can be selectively eliminated upon exposure to COX-2 inhibitors in vitro...
- Incessant ovulation, inflammation and epithelial ovarian carcinogenesis: revisiting old hypothesesJean S Fleming
Eskitis Institute for Cell and Molecular Therapies, School of Biomolecular and Biomedical Sciences, Griffith University Nathan Campus, Nathan, QLD 4111, Australia
Mol Cell Endocrinol 247:4-21. 2006..The emergence of laser-capture microdissection and expression profiling by microarray technologies offers the promise of defining these pathways more accurately, as well as providing us with the tools for earlier diagnosis...
- A novel optical imaging method for the early detection, quantitative grading, and mapping of cancerous and precancerous lesions of cervixC Balas
FO R T H Institute of Electronic Structure and LASER, P O Box 1527, 71110 Heraklion Crete Greece
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 48:96-104. 2001..The demonstrated improved sensitivity and specificity highlight the potential of the method in both clinical research and noninvasive diagnosis...
- Multistate and multifactorial progression of gastric cancer: results from community-based mass screening for gastric cancerCheng Ying Liu
Health Bureau of Lienchiang County, Matzu, Taiwan
J Med Screen 13:S2-5. 2006..Further progression to AG and IM was significantly accelerated in those testing positive for PGI and in those with a history of upper gastrointestinal disease...
- Expression of TERT in early premalignant lesions and a subset of cells in normal tissuesK A Kolquist
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nat Genet 19:182-6. 1998....
- Detection of p53 mutations in precancerous gastric tissueC Morgan
Human Molecular Pathology Group, Swansea Clinical School, University of Wales Swansea, Singleton Park, Swansea SA2 8PP, UK
Br J Cancer 89:1314-9. 2003..pylori-positive and -negative groups. However, a small subpopulation of the H. pylori-negative patients had much higher levels of free radicals. This suggests a more prominent role for other factors in ROS production...
- Miniprobe confocal laser microscopy for the detection of invisible neoplasia in patients with Barrett's oesophagusH Pohl
Central Interdisciplinary Endoscopy Unit, Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Metabolic Diseases, Virchow Clinic Campus, Charité Medical University of Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Gut 57:1648-53. 2008..We evaluated in vivo miniprobe confocal laser microscopy (CLM) for the detection of invisible Barrett's neoplasia...
- Progressive 3q amplification consistently targets SOX2 in preinvasive squamous lung cancerFrank McCaughan
Centre for Respiratory Research, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, United Kingdom
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 182:83-91. 2010..For technical reasons, previous attempts to analyze 3q amplification in preinvasive lesions have focused on small numbers of predetermined candidate loci rather than an unbiased survey of copy-number variation...
- Follicle-stimulating hormone activates mitogen-activated protein kinase in preneoplastic and neoplastic ovarian surface epithelial cellsKyung Chul Choi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6H 3V5
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:2245-53. 2002..These results suggest that the MAPK cascade may be involved in cellular functions such as growth stimulation in response to FSH in preneoplastic and neoplastic OSE cells...
- Increased DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) protein expression in precancerous conditions and ductal carcinomas of the pancreasDun Fa Peng
Pathology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Sci 96:403-8. 2005....
- Curcumin down regulates smokeless tobacco-induced NF-kappaB activation and COX-2 expression in human oral premalignant and cancer cellsChhavi Sharma
Department of Biochemistry, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, India
Toxicology 228:1-15. 2006..In conclusion, our findings demonstrate for the first time that curcumin downregulates STE (khaini) or NNK-induced NF-kappaB and COX-2 in oral premalignant and cancer cells in vitro...
- Locked nucleic acid in situ hybridization analysis of miR-21 expression during colorectal cancer developmentNobutake Yamamichi
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Division of Host Parasite Interaction, Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 15:4009-16. 2009..To better understand microRNA miR-21 function in carcinogenesis, we analyzed miR-21 expression patterns in different stages of colorectal cancer development using in situ hybridization (ISH)...
- The new World Health Organization classification of lung tumoursE Brambilla
Service de Pathologie Cellulaire, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Grenoble, France
Eur Respir J 18:1059-68. 2001....
- Multiple novel prostate cancer predisposition loci confirmed by an international study: the PRACTICAL ConsortiumZsofia Kote-Jarai
Section of Cancer Genetics Team, The Institute of Cancer Research, 15 Cotswold Road, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5NG, United Kingdom
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:2052-61. 2008..This study provides strong confirmation of these susceptibility loci in multiple populations and shows that they make an important contribution to prostate cancer risk prediction...
- Nuclear MYC protein overexpression is an early alteration in human prostate carcinogenesisBora Gurel
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Mod Pathol 21:1156-67. 2008....
- Noninvasive evaluation of oral lesions using depth-sensitive optical spectroscopyRichard A Schwarz
Department of Bioengineering, Rice University, Houston, Texas, USA
Cancer 115:1669-79. 2009..In this study, we evaluated the diagnostic performance of a depth-sensitive optical spectroscopy (DSOS) system for distinguishing dysplasia and carcinoma from non-neoplastic oral mucosa...
- Inhibition of medulloblastoma tumorigenesis by the antiproliferative and pro-differentiative gene PC3Stefano Farioli-Vecchioli
Institute of Neurobiology and Molecular Medicine, Consiglio Nazionale Ricerche, Via Fosso di Fiorano 64, 00143, Rome, Italy
FASEB J 21:2215-25. 2007..As a whole, this indicates that PC3 may prevent medulloblastoma development by controlling cell cycle and promoting differentiation of GCPs...
- A multi-center prospective cohort study of benign breast disease and risk of subsequent breast cancerGeoffrey C Kabat
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, 10461, USA
Cancer Causes Control 21:821-8. 2010....
- Multifocal neoplastic precursor lesions associated with lobular atrophy of the pancreas in patients having a strong family history of pancreatic cancerKieran Brune
Department of Pathology, The Sol Goldman Pancreatic Cancer Research Center, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 30:1067-76. 2006..The multifocal nature of familial pancreatic neoplasia suggests that surveillance of these patients is warranted after partial pancreatectomy...
- Aristaless-like homeobox-4 gene methylation is a potential marker for colorectal adenocarcinomasMatthias P A Ebert
Epigenomics Inc, Seattle, Washington Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
Gastroenterology 131:1418-30. 2006....
- DNA promoter hypermethylation of p16 and APC predicts neoplastic progression in Barrett's esophagusJean S Wang
Department of Medicine Gastroenterology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 104:2153-60. 2009..We determined whether DNA promoter hypermethylation of genes frequently methylated in esophageal adenocarcinoma (p16 and APC) could be used as predictors of progression in BE...
- Multiple head and neck tumors frequently originate from a single preneoplastic lesionMaarten P Tabor
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Pathol 161:1051-60. 2002....
- Polymorphisms of death pathway genes FAS and FASL and risk of premalignant gastric lesionsPing I Hsu
Division of Gastroenterology and General Medicine, Department of Medicine, Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital and National Yang Ming University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, R O C
Anticancer Res 28:97-103. 2008..The aim of this study was to investigate whether functional polymorphisms of death pathway genes (FAS and FASL) are associated with the development of gastric atrophy and intestinal metaplasia...
- Concomitant pancreatic activation of Kras(G12D) and Tgfa results in cystic papillary neoplasms reminiscent of human IPMNJens T Siveke
Department of Internal Medicine, Technical University of Munich, D 81675 Munich, Germany
Cancer Cell 12:266-79. 2007..In conclusion, Egfr signaling in synergy with oncogenic Kras may be a prerequisite for IPMN development and progression to pancreatic cancer...
- Genetic polymorphism of cytochrome P4501A1 and susceptibility to oral squamous cell carcinoma and oral precancer lesions associated with smoking/betel useShou Yen Kao
Department of Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taiwan, ROC
J Oral Pathol Med 31:505-11. 2002..It is also important to evaluate the association between CYP1A1 polymorphisms and susceptibility of oral precancerous lesion (OPL) to confirm the findings in OSCC cases...
- NAD(P)H and collagen as in vivo quantitative fluorescent biomarkers of epithelial precancerous changesIrene Georgakoudi
G R Harrison Spectroscopy Laboratory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Cancer Res 62:682-7. 2002....
- Tobacco carcinogen-induced cellular transformation increases activation of the phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase/Akt pathway in vitro and in vivoKip A West
Cancer Therapeutics Branch, Cell and Cancer Biology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Cancer Res 64:446-51. 2004....
- Intraepithelial carcinoma of the fimbria and pelvic serous carcinoma: Evidence for a causal relationshipDavid W Kindelberger
Division of Women s and Perinatal Pathology, Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 31:161-9. 2007....
- Tumour biology: senescence in premalignant tumoursManuel Collado
Spanish National Cancer Centre CNIO, Madrid 28029, Spain
Nature 436:642. 2005..Senescence is therefore a defining feature of premalignant tumours that could prove valuable in the diagnosis and prognosis of cancer...
- Azoxymethane-induced rat aberrant crypt foci: relevance in studying chemoprevention of colon cancerJayadev Raju
Toxicology Research Division, Bureau of Chemical Safety, Food Directorate, Health Products and Food Branch, Health Canada, C218 Banting Building, Postal Locator 2202D, Ottawa, K1A 0L2, Ontario, Canada
World J Gastroenterol 14:6632-5. 2008..The role of the dynamics and biological heterogeneity of ACF is critical in understanding them as biomarkers in chemoprevention studies...
- Cancer: crime and punishmentNorman E Sharpless
Nature 436:636-7. 2005
- Diagnosis of specialized intestinal metaplasia by optical coherence tomographyJ M Poneros
Gastrointestinal Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Gastroenterology 120:7-12. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: OCT is highly sensitive and specific for SIM and may aid in the diagnosis and surveillance of this preneoplastic lesion...
- Mutations in BRAF and KRAS differentially distinguish serrated versus non-serrated hyperplastic aberrant crypt foci in humansDaniel W Rosenberg
Colon Cancer Prevention Program, Neag Comprehensive Cancer Center, and Center for Molecular Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Cancer Res 67:3551-4. 2007....
- Epidemiology of cancer from the oral cavity and oropharynxRene Lambert
Screening Group, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:633-41. 2011..In contrast, an increased incidence occurs in the world at tumor sites related to human papilloma virus infection in relation to changes in sexual habits...
- Ki-67 and ProExC are useful immunohistochemical markers in esophageal squamous intraepithelial neoplasiaWen Chuang Wang
Department of Pathology, Chia Yi Christian Hospital, Chia Yi City, 60002 Taiwan
Hum Pathol 42:1430-7. 2011..This study demonstrates that both Ki-67 and ProExC can be used as an adjunct tool for diagnosing difficult cases of esophageal squamous intraepithelial neoplasia...
- Serum fucosylation changes in oral cancer and oral precancerous conditions: alpha-L-fucosidase as a markerManisha Shah
Biochemistry Research Division, Gujarat Cancer and Research Institute, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Cancer 113:336-46. 2008..The objective of the current study was to investigate the clinical usefulness of serum fucose, fucosylated glycoproteins (fucoproteins), fucosyltransferase (FucT), and alpha-L-fucosidase in oral carcinoma...
- Exciting new advances in oral cancer diagnosis: avenues to early detectionRavi Mehrotra
Department of Pathology, Moti Lal Nehru Medical College, Lowther Road Allahabad, 211001, India
Head Neck Oncol 3:33. 2011..This state of the art review critically examines these tests and assesses their value in identifying oral squamous cell carcinoma and its precursor lesions...
- Loss of patched and disruption of granule cell development in a pre-neoplastic stage of medulloblastomaTrudy G Oliver
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Development 132:2425-39. 2005..The identification and molecular characterization of pre-neoplastic cells provides insight into the early steps in medulloblastoma formation, and may yield important markers for early detection and therapy of this disease...
- Oral cancer and oral erythroplakia: an update and implication for cliniciansA Villa
Department of Medicine, Surgery and Dentistry, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Aust Dent J 56:253-6. 2011..Early detection and diagnosis is still the key to survival rates. Dentists and physicians may play an important role in the detection of premalignant lesions and therefore improve patients' outcome...
- Genome-wide DNA methylation profiles in both precancerous conditions and clear cell renal cell carcinomas are correlated with malignant potential and patient outcomeEri Arai
Pathology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Carcinogenesis 30:214-21. 2009..DNA methylation alterations in the precancerous stage may generate more malignant clear cell RCCs and determine patient outcome...
- In situ detection of the hypermethylation-induced inactivation of the p16 gene as an early event in oncogenesisG J Nuovo
MGN Medical Research Laboratory, Setauket, NY 11733, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:12754-9. 1999..These studies demonstrate that MSP-ISH is a powerful approach for studying the dynamics of aberrant methylation of critical tumor suppressor genes during tumor evolution...
- Acute pancreatitis accelerates initiation and progression to pancreatic cancer in mice expressing oncogenic Kras in the nestin cell lineageCATHERINE CARRIERE
Department of Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e27725. 2011..Thus, these data show that oncogenic Kras-driven PanIN originating in a non-ductal compartment can rapidly progress to PDAC when subjected to a brief inflammatory insult...
- Suppression of azoxymethane-induced colonic preneoplastic lesions in rats by 1-methyltryptophan, an inhibitor of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenaseKengo Ogawa
First Department of Internal Medicine, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu, Japan
Cancer Sci 103:951-8. 2012....
- Utility of toluidine blue as a diagnostic adjunct in the detection of potentially malignant disorders of the oral cavity--a clinical and histological assessmentKh Awan
Oral Medicine and Head and Neck Pathology, Department of Clinical and Diagnostic Sciences, King s College London Dental Institute, London, UK
Oral Dis 18:728-33. 2012..The value of chairside adjunctive tests in the detection of oral potentially malignant disorders (OPMDs) remains uncertain...
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) genotypes in women with cervical precancer and cancer at Kaiser Permanente Northern CaliforniaPhilip E Castle
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, DHHS, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 20:946-53. 2011..Here, we present the HPV genotypes found in first ∼500 cases of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia grade 3 (CIN3) or more severe disease (CIN3+) diagnosed at the study baseline...
- Carcinogenesis of Helicobacter pyloriPelayo Correa
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Gastroenterology 133:659-72. 2007....
- Pancreatic duct glands are distinct ductal compartments that react to chronic injury and mediate Shh-induced metaplasiaOliver Strobel
Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Gastroenterology 138:1166-77. 2010..A majority of PanIN are thought to arise from ducts. We identified a novel ductal compartment that is gathered in gland-like outpouches (pancreatic duct glands [PDG]) of major ducts and characterized its role in injury and metaplasia...
- Pathophysiology, etiologic factors, and clinical management of oral lichen planus, part I: facts and controversiesDavid Farhi
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Hopital Cochin, APHP, Université Descartes Paris 5, Pavillon Tarnier, 75006 Paris, France
Clin Dermatol 28:100-8. 2010..The first-line pharmacologic treatment relies on topical steroids. Systemic steroids should be limited to the short-term cure of severe refractory OLP. Life-long clinical follow-up, at least annually, is fundamental...
- Sessile serrated adenoma with early neoplastic progression: a clinicopathologic and molecular studyKohei Fujita
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Am J Surg Pathol 35:295-304. 2011..In addition, our histologic observations suggest a possible close association between SSAN and mucinous adenocarcinoma...
- Potentially malignant disorders of the oral and oropharyngeal mucosa; present concepts of managementIsaac van der Waal
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Pathology, VU University Medical Center Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam, PO Box 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Oral Oncol 46:423-5. 2010..At present, oral lichen planus is more or less accepted as being a potentially malignant disorder. There are no means to prevent such event. The efficacy of follow-up of oral lichen planus is questionable...
- Diagnostic aids for detection of oral precancerous conditionsDiana V Messadi
University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Int J Oral Sci 5:59-65. 2013..In addition, the most common non-invasive oral cancer devices that can aid the general practitioners in early diagnosis are also discussed. ..
- Helicobacter pylori cytotoxin-associated genotype and gastric precancerous lesionsMartyn Plummer
International Agency for Research on Cancer, 150 cours Albert Thomas, 69372 Lyon Cedex 08, France
J Natl Cancer Inst 99:1328-34. 2007..pylori genes to the severity and progression of precancerous lesions is not well defined...
- CIN2 is a much less reproducible and less valid diagnosis than CIN3: results from a histological review of population-based cervical samplesJoseph D Carreon
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, The National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
Int J Gynecol Pathol 26:441-6. 2007..The CIN3 is a substantially more reproducible diagnosis that can be validated more frequently with HPV tests and cytological interpretations than CIN2...
- Malignant transformation of oral epithelial dysplasia: clinicopathological risk factors and outcome analysis in a retrospective cohort of 138 casesWei Liu
Department of Oral Mucosal Diseases, Ninth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Stomatology, China
Histopathology 59:733-40. 2011....
- Pitavastatin inhibits azoxymethane-induced colonic preneoplastic lesions in C57BL/KsJ-db/db obese miceYoichi Yasuda
Department of Internal Medicine, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu, Japan
Cancer Sci 101:1701-7. 2010..Therefore, some types of statins, including pitavastatin, may be a useful chemoprevention modality for colon cancer in obese individuals...
- Origin of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma from atypical flat lesions: a comparative study in transgenic mice and human tissuesMichaela Aichler
Institute of Pathology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, Neuherberg, Germany
J Pathol 226:723-34. 2012..In conclusion, PDAC development in Kras(G12D/+); Ptf1a-Cre(ex1/+) mice starts from ADM and a similar process might also take place in patients with a strong family history of PDAC...
- New insights into the pathogenesis of serous ovarian cancer and its clinical impactKeren Levanon
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:5284-93. 2008..With the rise of the fallopian tube secretory epithelial cell as a cell of origin for high-grade pelvic serous carcinomas, the need to develop tools and model systems to characterize the biology and physiology of this cell is recognized...
- Betel-derived alkaloid up-regulates keratinocyte alphavbeta6 integrin expression and promotes oral submucous fibrosisKarwan A Moutasim
Faculty of Medicine, Southampton Cancer Research UK Centre, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
J Pathol 223:366-77. 2011..Over 80% of OSF-related oral cancers examined had moderate/high αvβ6 expression. These data suggest that the pathogenesis of OSF may be epithelial-driven and involve arecoline-dependent up-regulation of αvβ6 integrin...
- Carbohydrate antigens in nipple aspirate fluid predict the presence of atypia and cancer in women requiring diagnostic breast biopsySusan L Deutscher
University of Missouri, Department of Biochemistry, One Hospital Drive, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
BMC Cancer 10:519. 2010....
- Magnifying endoscopy combined with narrow-band imaging for differential diagnosis of superficial depressed gastric lesionsM Kaise
Department of Endoscopy, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Endoscopy 41:310-5. 2009..The aim of our study was to evaluate ME-NBI criteria for cancer diagnosis in superficial depressed gastric lesions in comparison to conventional white light endoscopy (WLE)...
- Randomized double-blind factorial trial of three treatments to reduce the prevalence of precancerous gastric lesionsWei Cheng You
Peking University School of Oncology, Beijing Cancer Hospital and Beijing Institute for Cancer Research, Beijing, China
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:974-83. 2006..We conducted a randomized trial to test the effects of one-time H. pylori treatment and long-term vitamin or garlic supplements in reducing the prevalence of advanced precancerous gastric lesions...
- Comparison of increased aromatase versus ERα in the generation of mammary hyperplasia and cancerEdgar S Diaz-Cruz
Departments of Oncology, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University, Washington, District of Columbia
Cancer Res 71:5477-87. 2011....
- Factors predicting progression of gastric intestinal metaplasia: results of a randomised trial on Helicobacter pylori eradicationW K Leung
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Prince of Wales Hospital, 30 32 Ngan Shing Street, Shatin, Hong Kong
Gut 53:1244-9. 2004..Gastric intestinal metaplasia (IM) is generally considered to be a precancerous lesion in the gastric carcinogenesis cascade. This study identified the risk factors associated with progression of IM in a randomised control study...
- Spontaneous induction of murine pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia (mPanIN) by acinar cell targeting of oncogenic Kras in adult miceNils Habbe
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:18913-8. 2008....
- Interleukin-1B and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene polymorphisms are not associated with premalignant gastric conditions: a combined haplotype analysisLimas Kupcinskas
Department of Gastroenterology, Kaunas University of Medicine, Kaunas, Lithuania
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:1189-95. 2010..Here, IL1B and IL1RN polymorphisms were analyzed as genotypes and haplotypes in relation to the presence of atrophic gastritis (AG) and intestinal metaplasia in the stomach...
- Epithelial membrane protein-2 expression is an early predictor of endometrial cancer developmentOmar Habeeb
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Cancer 116:4718-26. 2010..Here the authors validate the expression of EMP2 in EC, and further examine whether EMP2 expression within preneoplastic lesions is an early prognostic biomarker for EC development...
- N-3 Fatty Acid-Induced Akt Suppression: Chemoprevention for Pancreatic NeoplasiaPAUL JOSEPH GRIPPO; Fiscal Year: 2013..Hence, novel approaches to fighting these precancerous conditions must evolve, including chemoprevention, where dietary intake of fats and inhibition of key signaling ..
- Selenium Colorectal Cancer Chemoprevention TrialsPATRICIA ANN THOMPSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..In secondary analyses, we will investigate whether or not baseline Se levels, genetic background, and/or use of low-dose aspirin modify Se effects on CRA occurrence or risk for T2D. ..
- TAS::75 0849::TAS CONTINUATION OF FOLLOW-UP OF DES-EXPOSED COHORTSLinda Titus Ernstoff; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- TAS::75 0849::TAS CONTINUATION OF FOLLOW-UP OF DES-EXPOSED COHORTARTHUR HERBST; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Glycans in Hepatocellular CarcinomaRadoslav Goldman; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Early detection of cancer and precancerous conditions improves patient survival...
- EARLY DETECTION OF URINARY BLADDER CANCERBogdan Czerniak; Fiscal Year: 2009..e. the forerunner genes and Aurora-A with its partners, appear to be universally involved in human carcinogenesis the completion of this project will have major relevance for early detection of other common human cancers. ..
- H PYLORI AND GASTRIC PRENEOPLASTIC LESIONSJulie Parsonnet; Fiscal Year: 1999..pylori therapy reverses preneoplastic lesions, however, could provide a foundation for gastric cancer screening and prevention trials as well as enhance understanding of preneoplasia and inflammation- related carcinogenesis. ..
- Depth-Resolved Imaging of Alterations in Mucosal MicrocirculationSARAH K RUDERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..lead to an in vivo imaging application that would allow for accurately detecting structural changes of precancerous conditions from the endoscopically-normal tissue during a colonoscopy...
- Microarrays of Intermediate Endpoints of Gastric CancerJulie Parsonnet; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN BLOOD AND TISSUE MICRONUTRIENTYEI MEI PENG; Fiscal Year: 1993..target tissue concentration of the micronutrient may be critical for the prevention of cancer and/or precancerous conditions. In order to define the role of micronutrients in cancer prevention, it is, therefore, important to study ..
- Raman Probe for Bronchial Premalignant LesionsStephen Fulghum; Fiscal Year: 2006..with a fiberoptic probe, for use with a bronchoscope, for characterizing bronchial tissue with respect to precancerous conditions. The system will be especially effective with a new generation of bronchoscopes that have their screening ..
- PARADIGM OF MULTISTEP URINARY BLADDER CARCINOGENESISBogdan Czerniak; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Proteomic Analysis of Serum in Liver CancerRadoslav Goldman; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Early detection of cancer and precancerous conditions improves patient survival. This study will identify a set of peptides and proteins (P/P) in serum associated with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Optimization of enrichment for MALDI TOF/TOF identification of cancer biomarkersRadoslav Goldman; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Early detection of cancer and precancerous conditions improves patient survival...
- The Perception of Cancer Risk in Patients with Barrett's EsophagusNicholas Shaheen; Fiscal Year: 2007..The resultant study application will assess health-related quality of life, health-related anxiety and healthcare utilization as outcomes. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Epidemiologic Case-control Study of Barrett's EsophagusNicholas Shaheen; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finally, by comparing subjects with Barrett's to controls with reflux, and controlling for severs of reflux, the impact of a Barrett's diagnosis on quality of life and psychological stress may be seen. ..
- Biomarkers in Phototherapy of Barrett's EsophagusKenneth K Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will provide an improved understanding regarding the response of Barrett's esophagus to ablation therapy. ..
- Novel Method of Surveillance in Barrett's EsophagusKenneth Wang; Fiscal Year: 2008..This is an innovative method by which a physician can diagnose hidden areas of cancer within patients who are at a high risk of developing esophageal cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A NOVEL TECHNIQUE FOR SCREENING BARRETT'S ESOSPHAGUSKenneth Wang; Fiscal Year: 2003..The development of a screening device for Barrett's esophagus that could be operated by paramedical personnel would enable large-scale low cost screening to identify patients at risk for esophageal cancer. ..
- Endoscopic Therapy of Early Cancer in Barretts EsophagusKenneth Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Diagnostic and therapeutic techniques developed in this study can be applied to other gastrointestinal tumors. ..
- P53 in BBD and Breast Cancer Risk: A Multicenter CohortThomas Rohan; Fiscal Year: 2006..Furthermore, establishment of our international, multi-disciplinary group will create a unique forum in which to undertake not only this study but also further investigations of the molecular pathogenesis of breast cancer. ..
- MOLECULAR DETERMINANTS OF ANGIOGENSIS IN ORAL CANCERMark Lingen; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Molecular Profiling of Premalignant Oral LesionsMark Lingen; Fiscal Year: 2008..This molecular analysis may also greatly improve diagnostic prediction compared to the cellular pattern recognition currently used by pathologists. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Automated Tissue ArrayerMark Lingen; Fiscal Year: 2004..An already established Internal Advisory Committee will oversee an equitable and appropriate use by a broad disciplinary group of scientists while giving priority to NIH-supported groups. ..
- Oral Cancer, Chemoprevention, and Anti-AngiogenesisMark Lingen; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Colon and liver anticarcinogenicity by acetaminophenGary Williams; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, these experiments will provide support for the epidemiological observations of reduced cancer risk associated with the use of APAP. ..
- Biomarkers and Chemoprevention of Endometrial CancerGeorge Mutter; Fiscal Year: 2006..If successful, we will be able to rapidly implement a rational and effective strategy for early detection and chemoprevention of endometrial carcinoma. ..
- Pathogenesis of Ovarian Serous Borderline TumorsRobert J Kurman; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will refine diagnostic and prognostic markers of advanced stage tumors. These results will be expected to have a significant impact on the clinical management of patients with this disease. ..
- Epidemiology and Incidence of Barrett's EsophagusDOUGLAS ALLEN CORLEY; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed study explores how hormones associated with body fat may change the way the body heals after an injury, and increase the risk of cells developing precancerous changes. ..
- Pixel-accurate oncologic therapy using a scanning fiber endoscopeEric J Seibel; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR MODELING OF DIAGNOSIS AND PROGNOSIS IN HNSCCMaria Worsham; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Interdisciplinary researchers to address biomedical optics challenges, BIOMED 06Judith Mourant; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MOLECULAR EPIDEMIOLOGY OF PERSISTENT HPV INFECTIONEduardo Franco; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- HELICOBACTER INFECTION AND GROWTH OF CHILDRENPelayo Correa; Fiscal Year: 2001..pylori infection and growth retardation, essential information for evaluating the effects of H. pylori infection on children's health and targeting appropriate preventive strategies. ..
- BENIGN BREAST DISEASE--MOLECULAR DIFFERENTIATION OF RISKMaria Worsham; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Predictors of Progression in Barret's EsophagusBrian Reid; Fiscal Year: 2001..Successful completion of these aims will provide a scientific basis for i) prevention trials using candidate interventions and validated intermediate endpoints, and ii) a more rational surveillance strategy for BE. ..
- P53 AND DNA PLOIDY IN BARRETT'S METAPLASIAMamoun Younes; Fiscal Year: 2005..A cost analysis will be then performed to determine whether a molecular based surveillance program would be more cost-effective than current program which is based on morphologic grading of dysplasia. ..
- Hormonal modulation of latent endometrial precancersGeorge Mutter; Fiscal Year: 2008..If our hypothesis is confirmed, this project will establish biomarker-detectable preclinical disease as a surrogate marker for risk surveillance, and a potential target for cancer preventative therapies. ..
- Randomized Trial of EUS Neurolysis in Pancreas CancerMichael Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2006..The primary outcome will be a reduction in pain at 1 month. Secondary outcomes will include the durability of pain control, quality of life, narcotic use and narcotic side effects. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Image-guided catheter biopsy of peripheral lung cancerEric Seibel; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- CatheterScope for Intraluminal Image of Early.NeoplasiaEric Seibel; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- RAMAN SPECTROSCOPY FOR CANCER DIAGNOSIS AND MONITORINGJudith Mourant; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will focus on developing Raman spectroscopy for detection of precancerous conditions in patients with Barrett's esophagus...
- Dectection of occult mediastinal lymph node mestastasesMichael Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2007..In the R33 component of the grant application these criteria will be prospectively evaluated and correlated with clinical outcome in a second, larger cohort of patients. ..
- The Molecular Basis of Juvenile PolyposisJames Howe; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will also benefit JP patients by improving presymptomatic genetic testing, and identification of new therapeutic targets for polyp regression and cancer prevention in JP. ..
- Testing of Novel Apoptotic Agents in Prostate CancerChing Shih Chen; Fiscal Year: 2002..Together, these animal-- model studies will validate that the in vitro apoptosis-inducing effect of these compounds is relevant for tumor growth inhibition in vivo. ..
- DIFFERENTIATION OF BLOOD STEM CELLS INTO LIVER CELLSStewart Sell; Fiscal Year: 2005..If this project is successful, it would overcome a major hurdle in the possible use of hepatic stem cells for treatment of liver failure or ex vivo gene therapy. ..
- Clinical Significance of Apoptosis in Colon CancerFrank Sinicrope; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Prophytactic surgery in carriers of BRCA 1/2 mutationsTimothy R Rebbeck; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will motivate future studies of BRCA1/2-associated breast tumor biology, prevention, and treatment. ..
- Colorectal Screening Capacity Building ConferenceDavid Alberts; Fiscal Year: 2003..Continued capacity building and future collaboration will also be woven into this conference to serve as a stone to build upon in the future. ..
- CHROMOSOME ALTERATIONS IN BARRETT'S ESOPHAGUSTHOMAS PAULSON; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results from these analyses will be of interest to both clinical and basic researchers in studying EA and other cancers. ..
- Potential for HIV transmission in relationships of drug-using women in RussiaLinda Niccolai; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Workshop On Experimental Models from Bursa of FabriciusPaul Neiman; Fiscal Year: 2002..This workshop will serve to stimulate further development and application, and to educate interested young scientists to the opportunities presented. ..
- Activated Immune Parameters Associated with HIV & AgingBruce Shiramizu; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- HEPTOCYTE PROLIFERATION AND AFLATOXIN METABOLISMStewart Sell; Fiscal Year: 2004..the effect Of HBV associated injury and AFB I hepatocarcinogensis in these mice. In Specific Aim 3, the effect of HBV associated injury and AFB1 hepatocarcinogenesis in these mice will be examined. ..
- TARGETED DRUG THERAPY FOR LGL LEUKEMIAPearlie K Epling Burnette; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results of these studies should identify important molecular targets for drug development in bone marrow failure syndromes. ..
- Colorectal Cancer Screening: Fecal Blood vs DNADavid Ahlquist; Fiscal Year: 2004..If the DNA-based test proves to have greater screening accuracy than fecal blood testing, this could translate into more effective cancer control and more efficient use of our limited health care resources. ..
- Screening for colortectal cancer in an Asian Community CenterDavid Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2008..This is a new paradigm for screening, which takes advantage of the trust and cultural awareness that exists at the community center and does not rely on the primary care provider. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Phase II Trial of Thalidomide in Primary AmyloidosisAngela Dispenzieri; Fiscal Year: 2002..The ultimate goal of the proposed studies is to improve the prognosis of patient with this fatal disease. ..
- CORI: Consortium Expansion and Database EnhancementDavid Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Chemoprevention of Head and Neck Cancer with ZD1839 and CelecoxibDong Shin; Fiscal Year: 2008..Biomarker changes will be correlated with cancer incidence by statistical analyses. We will also determine whether such biomarker changes can serve as intermediate endpoint(s) in this chemopreventive trial. ..