Genomes and Genes
Summary: Dextro form of levorphanol. It acts as a noncompetitive NMDA receptor antagonist, among other effects, and has been proposed as a neuroprotective agent. It is also a metabolite of DEXTROMETHORPHAN.
Publications204 found, 100 shown here
- CYP2D6 phenotyping with dextromethorphanAnna Wojtczak
Department of Pharmacogenetics, Medical University of Łódź, Muszynskiego 1, PL 90 151 Łódź, Poland
Pharmacol Rep 59:734-8. 2007..DM (40 mg) was given orally to healthy adults and 10-h urine samples were collected. DM and the metabolite dextrorphan (DX) were analyzed by the HPLC method...
- Binding of dimemorfan to sigma-1 receptor and its anticonvulsant and locomotor effects in mice, compared with dextromethorphan and dextrorphanY C Chou
Institute of Pharmacology, National Yang Ming University, 155 Li nung Street, Section 2, Taipei 112, Taiwan
Brain Res 821:516-9. 1999..DM is largely O-demethylated into the phencyclidine (PCP)-like compound dextrorphan (DR), which may limit its therapeutic use by producing PCP-like adverse effects, such as hyperlocomotion...
- Dextromethorphan to dextrorphan urinary metabolic ratio does not reflect dextromethorphan oral clearanceSilvana Borges
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 33:1052-5. 2005..Blood and urine samples were collected for 72 h. Dextromethorphan and dextrorphan were determined in urine by high-performance liquid chromatography with fluorescence detection and in serum by ..
- Metabolism to dextrorphan is not essential for dextromethorphan's anticonvulsant activity against kainate in miceHyoung Chun Kim
Neurotoxicology Program, Department of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, Korea Institute of Drug Abuse, Kangwon National University, Chunchon 200 701, South Korea
Life Sci 72:769-83. 2003The effects of dextromethorphan (DM), and its major metabolite dextrorphan (DX) on kainic acid-induced seizures in mice were examined. Intracerebroventricular DM or DX (5 or 10 microg/0...
- An extension of hypotheses regarding rapid-acting, treatment-refractory, and conventional antidepressant activity of dextromethorphan and dextrorphanEdward C Lauterbach
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Mercer University School of Medicine, 1550 College Street, Macon, GA 31201, United States
Med Hypotheses 78:693-702. 2012It was previously hypothesized that dextromethorphan (DM) and dextrorphan (DX) may possess antidepressant properties, including rapid and conventional onsets of action and utility in treatment-refractory depression, based on ..
- Serum dextromethorphan/dextrorphan metabolic ratio for CYP2D6 phenotyping in clinical practiceJ Jurica
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Experimental and Applied Neuropsychopharmacology Research Group, Central European Institute of Technology CEITEC, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
J Clin Pharm Ther 37:486-90. 2012..Dextromethorphan-to-dextrorphan metabolic ratio (MR(DEM/DOR)) is well established as a marker of CYP2D6 metabolizer status...
- Isobolographic analysis of epinephrine with bupivacaine, dextromethorphan, 3-methoxymorphinan, or dextrorphan on infiltrative anesthesia in rats: dose-response studiesYu Wen Chen
Department of Physical Therapy, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Reg Anesth Pain Med 33:115-21. 2008..study were to establish the potencies of epinephrine, bupivacaine, dextromethorphan, 3-methoxymorphinan, and dextrorphan and evaluate interactions of epinephrine with bupivacaine, dextromethorphan, 3-methoxymorphinan, or dextrorphan ..
- Comparative effects of dextromethorphan and dextrorphan on nicotine discrimination in ratsM Jerry Wright
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298 0613 USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 85:507-13. 2006While the role of dextrorphan and dextromethorphan as N-methyl-d-aspartate (NMDA) receptor antagonists has received considerable research attention, their effects on nicotinic acetylcholine receptors (nAChR) has been less well ..
- N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) antagonists--S(+)-ketamine, dextrorphan, and dextromethorphan--act as calcium antagonists on bovine cerebral arteriesIhab R Kamel
Department of Anesthesiology, Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 20:241-8. 2008..study was to compare the direct effects of S(+)-ketamine, 2 other noncompetitive NMDA receptor antagonists (dextrorphan and dextromethorphan), and the calcium entry blocker nimodipine on the cerebral vasculature, using bovine ..
- Comparative effects of dextromethorphan and dextrorphan on morphine, methamphetamine, and nicotine self-administration in ratsS D Glick
Center for Neuropharmacology and Neuroscience, Albany Medical College MC 136, 47 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 422:87-90. 2001The effects of dextromethorphan and its metabolite dextrorphan on morphine, methamphetamine and nicotine self-administration and on responding for a nondrug reinforcer (water) were assessed in rats...
- Delayed treatment with dextromethorphan and dextrorphan reduces cerebral damage after transient focal ischemiaG K Steinberg
Division of Neurosurgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA 94305
Neurosci Lett 89:193-7. 1988The N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) antagonists dextromethorphan (DM) and dextrorphan (DX) were found to reduce significantly neocortical severe ischemic neuronal damage (SIND) when administered in a delayed fashion after the ischemic insult...
- Lack of interaction of the NMDA receptor antagonists dextromethorphan and dextrorphan with P-glycoproteinM Kanaan
Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology and Multidisciplinary Pain Center, Department of Anesthesiology, Pharmacology and Intensive Care, Geneva University Hospitals, CH 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Curr Drug Metab 9:144-51. 2008..DEM) seems to be mainly related to the unchanged drug rather than to its more potent metabolite dextrorphan (DOR)...
- A validated SIM GC/MS method for the simultaneous determination of dextromethorphan and its metabolites dextrorphan, 3-methoxymorphinan and 3-hydroxymorphinan in biological matrices and its application to in vitro CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 inhibition studyMarios Spanakis
Department of Pharmacognosy, School of Pharmacy, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 54124 Thessaloniki, Greece
Biomed Chromatogr 23:1131-7. 2009..GC/MS method without derivatization for the simultaneous determination of dextromethorphan and its metabolites, dextrorphan, 3-methoxymorphinan and 3-hydroxymorphinan, in human plasma, urine and in vitro incubation matrix was developed ..
- Differential binding properties of [3H]dextrorphan and [3H]MK-801 in heterologously expressed NMDA receptorsK T LePage
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, The University of Georgia, College of Veterinary Medicine, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Neuropharmacology 49:1-16. 2005..Similarly, the psychotomimetic effects of the dextrorotatory opioids, dextromethorphan and its metabolite dextrorphan, derive from their NMDAR antagonist actions...
- Systemic dextromethorphan and dextrorphan are less toxic in rats than bupivacaine at equianesthetic dosesYu Wen Chen
Department of Physical Therapy, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Can J Anaesth 58:55-61. 2011b>Dextrorphan, a major metabolite of dextromethorphan, produces the duration of spinal and cutaneous anesthesia similar to bupivacaine...
- Simultaneous determination of dextromethorphan, dextrorphan and doxylamine in human plasma by HPLC coupled to electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry: application to a pharmacokinetic studyJ L Donato
ATCGen Biotechnology, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 899:46-56. 2012In the present study, a fast, sensitive and robust method to quantify dextromethorphan, dextrorphan and doxylamine in human plasma using deuterated internal standards (IS) is described...
- Semi-automated liquid--liquid back-extraction in a 96-well format to decrease sample preparation time for the determination of dextromethorphan and dextrorphan in human plasmaRenee D Bolden
Procter and Gamble Pharmaceuticals, 8700 Mason Montgomery Road, Mason, OH 45040, USA
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 772:1-10. 2002..preparation of dextromethorphan (DEX), an active ingredient in many over-the-counter cough formulations, and dextrorphan (DOR), an active metabolite of DEX, in human plasma...
- The spinal anaesthetic effect of dextromethorphan, dextrorphan, and 3-methoxymorphinanYu Wen Chen
Department of Medical Research, Chi Mei Medical Centre, Tainan, Taiwan
Eur J Pharmacol 569:188-93. 2007..Our aim was to evaluate whether dextromethorphan and its metabolites, dextrorphan and 3-methoxymorphinan, have a spinal anaesthetic effect...
- Inactivation of CYP2D6 by methylenedioxymethamphetamine in different recombinant expression systemsLinh M Van
University of Sheffield, Academic Unit of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Sheffield, Sheffield S10 2JF, UK
Eur J Pharm Sci 32:8-16. 2007..The formation of dextrorphan (DOR) from DEX was used as a specific marker of CYP2D6 activity...
- High-throughput biological sample analysis using on-line turbulent flow extraction combined with monolithic column liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometryShaolian Zhou
DMPK Bioanalytical Chemistry Department, Covance Laboratories Inc, Madison, WI 53704, USA
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 19:2144-50. 2005..peak shape, sensitivity, speed, and matrix effect were conducted with dextromethorphan and its metabolite dextrorphan as model compounds in human plasma matrix...
- Validation of a liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry method to assess the metabolism of dextromethorphan in rat everted gut sacsC Arellano
Laboratoire de Cinétique des Xénobiotiques, UMR 181, Physiopathologie et Toxicologie Experimentale UPTE INRA ENVT, Faculte des sciences pharmaceutiques, 35 chemin des Maraichers, 31062 Toulouse, France
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 819:105-13. 2005..1-2.5 microM (27.1 ng/mL-0.677 microg/mL) for dextromethorphan and 0.005-0.5 microM for dextrorphan and 3-methoxymorphinan (1.28 ng/mL-0.128 microg/mL) and 3-hydroxymorphinan (1.22 ng/mL-0.122 microg/mL)...
- Effect of ion suppression on judgment of enzyme inhibition and avoidance of error by utilizing a stable isotope-labeled probe substrate: example of CYP3A4 inhibition with [13C4,15N] labeled midazolam as a substrateKoichi Nakamura
Drug Metabolism and Physicochemistry Research Laboratory, R and D Division, Daiichi Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd
Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 22:113-8. 2007..In this study, we have shown the ion suppression of 1'-hydroxymidazolam (analyte) and dextrorphan (IS) by erythromycin, as an example, which may cause over- or underestimation of CYP3A4 inhibition...
- On-line solid phase extraction using the Prospekt-2 coupled with a liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometer for the determination of dextromethorphan, dextrorphan and guaifenesin in human plasmaDebbie L Kuhlenbeck
Procter and Gamble Pharmaceuticals, Health Care Research Center, 8700 Mason Montgomery Rd, Mason, OH 45040 8006, USA
Eur J Mass Spectrom (Chichester, Eng) 11:199-208. 2005..The quantitative analysis of three analytes with differing polarities, dextromethorphan (DEX), dextrorphan (DET) and guaifenesin (GG) in human plasma presented a significant challenge...
- Simultaneous determination of dextromethorphan, dextrorphan, and guaifenesin in human plasma using semi-automated liquid/liquid extraction and gradient liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometryThomas H Eichhold
The Procter and Gamble Company, Health Care Research Center, 8700 Mason Montgomery Road, Mason, OH 45040, USA
J Pharm Biomed Anal 43:586-600. 2007A method for the simultaneous determination of dextromethorphan (DEX), dextrorphan (DET), and guaifenesin (GG) in human plasma was developed, validated, and applied to determine plasma concentrations of these compounds in samples from ..
- QT and QTc interval with standard and supratherapeutic doses of darifenacin, a muscarinic M3 selective receptor antagonist for the treatment of overactive bladderDenise B Serra
Exploratory Clinical Development, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, 435 1159, One Health Plaza, East Hanover, NJ 07936 1080, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 45:1038-47. 2005..4 and -2.2 milliseconds in the darifenacin 15 mg and 75 mg groups, respectively, compared with +11.6 milliseconds in the moxifloxacin group (P<.01). This study demonstrates that darifenacin does not prolong QT/QTc interval...
- Effect of venlafaxine versus fluoxetine on metabolism of dextromethorphan, a CYP2D6 probeJ Amchin
Wyeth-Ayerst Laboratories, 240 North Radnor-Chester Road, St. Davids, PA 19087, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 41:443-51. 2001..2D6 (CYP2D6) activity, measured by the ratio of dextromethorphan, a sensitive CYP2D6 marker, to its metabolite dextrorphan (i.e., DM:DT) excreted in urine after DM coadministration...
- High-performance liquid chromatography assay for simultaneous determination of dextromethorphan and its main metabolites in urine and in microsomal preparationsE K Bendriss
Department of Oncology, McGill University, , , Canada
J Chromatogr B Biomed Sci Appl 754:209-15. 2001An HPLC method has been developed and validated for the determination of dextromethorphan, dextrorphan, 3-methoxymorphinan and 3-hydroxymorphinan in urine samples...
- Dextromethorphan psychosis, dependence and physical withdrawalShannon C Miller
Addiction Services, Veterans Administration Medical Center and Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry, Wright State University School of Medicine, Dayton, OH 45428, USA
Addict Biol 10:325-7. 2005..A literature review revealed that DM has specific serotonergic and sigma-1 opioidergic properties. Dextrorphan (DOR), the active metabolite of DM, has similar properties; however, DOR is a weaker sigma opioid receptor ..
- Influence of gender and oral contraceptives on CYP2D6 and CYP2C19 activity in healthy volunteersS Hagg
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Norrland University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Br J Clin Pharmacol 51:169-73. 2001..The study was carried out in order to assess the effects of gender and the use of oral contraceptives (OCs) on CYP2D6 and CYP2C19 activities in healthy volunteers...
- The impact of experimental design on assessing mechanism-based inactivation of CYP2D6 by MDMA (Ecstasy)Linh M Van
Academic Unit of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Sheffield, Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacogenetics Group, Division of Clinical Sciences South, Sheffield, UK
J Psychopharmacol 20:834-41. 2006..Enzyme activity was measured by the conversion of dextromethorphan (DEX) to dextrorphan (DOR). Dilution factors of 1...
- Effects of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor antagonism on neuroleptic-induced orofacial dyskinesiasSpiridon Konitsiotis
Department of Neurology, University of Ioannina, Medical School University Campus, Ioannina, GR 451 10, Greece
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 185:369-77. 2006..Tardive dyskinesia is a syndrome of abnormal, involuntary movements, which occurs as a complication of long-term neuroleptic therapy. The pathophysiology of this potentially irreversible syndrome is still an enigma...
- Selective effects of nitric oxide on the disposition of chlorzoxazone and dextromethorphan in isolated perfused rat liversRagini Vuppugalla
School of Pharmacy, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Amarillo, TX 79106, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 34:1160-6. 2006..As for DEM, both NO donors increased (up to 3.5-fold) the recovery of the CYP2D1-mediated metabolite dextrorphan (DOR) in the outlet perfusate...
- CYP2D6 genotype and phenotype in Amerindians of Tepehuano origin and Mestizos of Durango, MexicoMartha Sosa-Macias
Centro Interdisciplinario de Investigación para el Desarrollo Integral Regional del IPN Unidad Durango, CIIDIR IPN, Mexico
J Clin Pharmacol 46:527-36. 2006..On the other hand, the frequencies of the CYP2D6 variant alleles in Mestizos were similar to those reported for whites...
- Comparative contribution to dextromethorphan metabolism by cytochrome P450 isoforms in vitro: can dextromethorphan be used as a dual probe for both CTP2D6 and CYP3A activities?A Yu
Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506 9530, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 29:1514-20. 2001..In humans, DXM is metabolized to dextrorphan (DXO), as well as 3-methoxymorphinan (MEM) and 3-hydroxymorphinan (HYM)...
- Standardization of method for the analysis of dextromethorphan in urineEun Mi Kim
Narcotics Analysis Section, National Institute of Scientific Investigation, Yangcheon Gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Forensic Sci Int 161:198-201. 2006..The purpose of this study is to provide a standard method for the analysis of DMP and its main metabolite, dextrorphan (DTP) in biological specimens...
- Dextromethorphan, 3-methoxymorphinan, and dextrorphan have local anaesthetic effect on sciatic nerve blockade in ratsChia Hui Hou
Department of Medical Research, Chi Mei Medical Center, Tainan, Taiwan
Eur J Pharmacol 544:10-6. 2006..The aim of the study was to evaluate whether dextromethorphan and its metabolites--3-methoxymorphinan and dextrorphan--had local anaesthetic effects...
- Effect of sodium ozagrel on the activity of rat CYP2D6Hong Wu
College of Pharmacy, Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150081, PR China Mudanjiang Medical College, Mudanjiang 157011, PR China
Eur J Pharmacol 573:55-9. 2007..In conclusion, sodium ozagrel metabolism in rats is mediated primarily through CYP2D6, and sodium ozagrel can induce CYP2D6 activity...
- Effect of cinacalcet hydrochloride, a new calcimimetic agent, on the pharmacokinetics of dextromethorphan: in vitro and clinical studiesDaisuke Nakashima
Product Development Department, Pharmaceutical Division, Kirin Brewery Company Ltd, 26 1 Jingumae 6 chome, Shibuya ku, Tokyo, 150 8011, Japan
J Clin Pharmacol 47:1311-9. 2007..Therefore, during concomitant treatment with cinacalcet, it may be necessary to consider making dose adjustments for drugs with a narrow therapeutic index that are mainly metabolized by CYP2D6...
- Determination of dextromethorphan and its metabolite dextrorphan in human urine using high performance liquid chromatography with atmospheric pressure chemical ionization tandem mass spectrometry: a study of selectivity of a tandem mass spectrometric assaM L Constanzer
Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486, USA
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 816:297-308. 2005Analytical method for the simultaneous determination of dextromethorphan (1) and dextrorphan (2) in urine, based on solid-phase extraction of drug from acidified hydrolyzed biological matrix, were developed...
- Multiple night-time doses of valerian (Valeriana officinalis) had minimal effects on CYP3A4 activity and no effect on CYP2D6 activity in healthy volunteersJennifer L Donovan
Laboratory of Drug Disposition and Pharmacogenetics, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 32:1333-6. 2004....
- Dextromethorphan metabolic phenotyping in an Iranian populationMinoo Afshar
Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics Division, Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, P O Box 14155 6451, Tehran, Iran
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 60:849-54. 2005..CYP2D6 polymorphism of drug metabolism represents an important source of interindividual and interethnic variation in drug response. Since this polymorphism has not been studied in an Iranian population, the present study was undertaken...
- Plasma profile and pharmacokinetics of dextromethorphan after intravenous and oral administration in healthy dogsB Kukanich
Department of Molecular Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, 4700 Hillsborough Street, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 27:337-41. 2004..A metabolite of dextromethorphan, dextrorphan, has been shown to behave pharmacodynamically in a similar manner to dextromethorphan...
- Comparison of the effects of dextromethorphan, dextrorphan, and levorphanol on the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axisRobert N Pechnick
Department of Psychiatry and Mental Health, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 309:515-22. 2004..It is metabolized in vivo to dextrorphan, a more potent noncompetitive NMDA antagonist that is the dextrorotatory enantiomer of the opioid agonist ..
- Analgesic effect of dextromethorphan in neuropathic painK C Carlsson
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 48:328-36. 2004..The aim of this study was to evaluate the analgesic and adverse effects of a single high dose of dextromethorphan on spontaneous pain in patients suffering long-term neuropathic pain of traumatic origin...
- Effect of dextrometorphan and dextrorphan on nicotine and neuronal nicotinic receptors: in vitro and in vivo selectivityM I Damaj
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Box 980613, Richmond, VA 23298 0613, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 312:780-5. 2005The effects of dextrometorphan and its metabolite dextrorphan on nicotine-induced antinociception in two acute thermal pain assays after systematic administration were evaluated in mice and compared with that of mecamylamine...
- Development of a chromatographic bioreactor based on immobilized beta-glucuronidase on monolithic support for the determination of dextromethorphan and dextrorphan in human urineE Calleri
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Pavia, Via Taramelli 12, Pavia I 27100, Italy
J Pharm Biomed Anal 35:1179-89. 2004..based on beta-glucuronidase to the on-line determination of urinary molar ratios of dextromethorphan (DOMe)/dextrorphan (DOH) for the assessment of the metabolic activity of CYP2D6, a genetically variable isoform of cytochrome P-..
- Metabolic activity of dextromethorphan O-demethylation in healthy Japanese volunteers carrying duplicated CYP2D6 genes: duplicated allele of CYP2D6*10 does not increase CYP2D6 metabolic activityAkihiro Ishiguro
Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo Hospital, 7 3 1 Hongoh, Bunkyo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Clin Chim Acta 344:201-4. 2004..This study was designed to assess the metabolic activities of dextromethorphan O-demethylation in healthy Japanese subjects carrying duplicated CYP2D6 alleles, CYP2D6*1 x 2, CYP2D6*2 x 2 or CYP2D6*10 x 2...
- Analysis of pharmacokinetic parameters for assessment of dextromethorphan metabolic phenotypesGeng Chang Yeh
Department of Pediatrics, Taipei Medical University Hospital, Graduate Institute of Medical Science, College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Biomed Sci 10:552-64. 2003In this study, the metabolic ratios of dextromethorphan to dextrorphan (DM/DX) in plasma were calculated at steady state after administering 2 dosage forms (Medicon) and Detusiv) of DM with different release rates...
- Physiologically based modelling of inhibition of metabolism and assessment of the relative potency of drug and metabolite: dextromethorphan vs. dextrorphan using quinidine inhibitionA A Moghadamnia
Molecular Pharmacology and Pharmacogenetics, Division of Clinical Sciences South, University of Sheffield, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, UK
Br J Clin Pharmacol 56:57-67. 2003To define the relative antitussive effect of dextromethorphan (DEX) and its primary metabolite dextrorphan (DOR) after administration of DEX.
- Brain levels of dextromethorphan and the intensity of opioid withdrawal in miceAdam Bisaga
Division on Substance Abuse, Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 95:147-51. 2008..actions at N-methyl-D-aspartate type glutamate receptors, dextromethorphan (DXM) and its metabolite, dextrorphan (DXT) decrease the intensity of opioid withdrawal syndrome...
- Clinical inhibition of CYP2D6-catalysed metabolism by the antianginal agent perhexilineBenjamin J L Davies
Department of Cardiology and Clinical Pharmacology, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woodville 5011, South Australia, Australia
Br J Clin Pharmacol 57:456-63. 2004..The aim of this study was to determine whether perhexiline produces clinically significant inhibition of CYP2D6-catalysed metabolism in angina patients...
- Affinity and specificity of N-methyl- D-aspartate channel blockers affect their ability to disrupt prepulse inhibition of acoustic startle in ratsJenny L Wiley
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Virginia Commonwealth University, PO Box 980613, Richmond, VA 23298 0613, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 165:378-85. 2003..Recently, a number of low-affinity NMDA channel blockers that exhibit minimal PCP-like effects in humans at therapeutic doses have been developed...
- Sol-gel-based solid-phase microextraction and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry determination of dextromethorphan and dextrorphan in human plasmaHabib Bagheri
Department of Chemistry, Sharif University of Technology, Azadi Av, P O Box 11365 9516, Tehran, Iran
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 818:147-57. 2005..microextraction (SPME) method was developed for isolation of dextromethorphan (DM) and its main metabolite dextrorphan (DP) from human plasma followed by GC-MS determination...
- Liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry method for simultaneous evaluation of activities of five cytochrome P450s using a five-drug cocktail and application to cytochrome P450 phenotyping studies in ratsShaoyu Zhang
Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering, School of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Tianjin University, Tianjin, China
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 871:78-89. 2008..and carboxytolbutamide (CYP2C9), mephenytoin/4'-hydroxymephenytoin (CYP2C19), dextromethorphan/dextrorphan (CYP2D6), and midazolam/1'-hydroxymidazolam (CYP3A)...
- Discrimination of a single dose of morphine followed by naltrexone: substitution of other agonists for morphine and other antagonists for naltrexone in a rat model of acute dependenceStephen G Holtzman
Department of Pharmacology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 304:1033-41. 2003..on the saline-->naltrexone-appropriate lever when naltrexone was administered after pretreatment with dextrorphan, the dextrorotatory isomer of levorphanol, or kappa-opioid agonists (5-alpha,7-alpha,8-beta)-(+)-N-methyl-N-[7-(..
- Six-month, prospective, longitudinal, open-label caffeine and dextromethorphan phenotyping study in children with growth hormone deficiency receiving recombinant human growth hormone replacementMary Jayne Kennedy
Kosair Charities Pediatric Clinical Research Unit, Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky 40202, USA
Clin Ther 30:1687-99. 2008..Although growth hormone (GH) may alter the clearance of concomitantly administered medications, its effects on individual drug-metabolizing enzymes in children have not been characterized...
- In-vivo indices of CYP2D6 activity: comparison of dextromethorphan metabolic ratios in 4-h urine and 3-h plasmaJ Chladek
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 56:651-7. 2000..The aim of the study was to compare metabolic ratios (MRs) of DM to dextrorphan (DEX) in plasma and urine...
- Effect of metabolic blockade on the psychoactive effects of dextromethorphanLaurie A Zawertailo
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Nicotine Dependence Clinic, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hum Psychopharmacol 25:71-9. 2010..affects the pharmacokinetics and effectiveness of dextromethorphan (DM), because it controls the production of dextrorphan, an active metabolite, with higher affinity for the NMDA receptor than the parent compound...
- Discriminative stimulus effects of the PCP/sigma-ligand (+)-N-allylnormetazocine in monkeysS G Holtzman
Department of Pharmacology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 44:349-55. 1993..and the PCP-like drugs MK-801 and thienylcyclohexyl-piperidine, and by the opioids (+)- and (-)-cyclazocine and dextrorphan; order of potency correlated with reported affinities for the PCP receptor...
- Phenotyping polymorphic drug metabolism in the French Caucasian populationE Jacqz
INSERM Unité 120, Le Vesinet, France
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 35:167-71. 1988..Individual dextrorphan excretion over 8 h and the dextromethorphan/dextrorphan metabolic ratio were calculated...
- Effect of conjugated equine estrogens on oxidative metabolism in middle-aged and elderly postmenopausal womenMary Beth O'Connell
Pharmacy Practice Department Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201 2427, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 46:1299-307. 2006..57 +/- 0.20 before, 0.40 +/- 0.20 after, P = .001) and significantly increased CYP2D6 (dextromethorphan/dextrorphan ratio: 0.0116 +/- 0.0143 before, 0.0084 +/- 0.0135 after, P = .022) metabolism...
- Effect of black seed on dextromethorphan O- and N-demethylation in human liver microsomes and healthy human subjectsF I al-Jenoobi
Departments of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University, Riyadh 11451, Saudi Arabia
Drug Metab Lett 4:51-5. 2010..To investigate the effects of black seed on the metabolic activities of CYP3A4 and CYP2D6 in human liver microsomes and in human subjects using dextromethorphan as a probe drug...
- High-throughput inhibition screening of major human cytochrome P450 enzymes using an in vitro cocktail and liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometrySamuel A Testino
Bioanalytical Department, Solvay Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 901 Sawyer Road, Marietta, GA 30062, USA
J Pharm Biomed Anal 30:1459-67. 2003..The metabolic reactions were terminated with methanol containing dextrorphan as an internal standard...
- Pharmacokinetic drug interaction potential of risperidone with cytochrome p450 isozymes as assessed by the dextromethorphan, the caffeine, and the mephenytoin testC B Eap
Unit of Biochemistry and Clinical Psychopharmacology, University Department of Adult Psychiatry, Cery Hospital, CH Prilly Lausanne, Switzerland
Ther Drug Monit 23:228-31. 2001..dextromethorphan metabolic ratio is significantly increased by risperidone (median urinary dextromethorphan/dextrorphan ratios before and after risperidone: 0.010, 0.018; p = 0...
- Inhibition of CYP2D6 activity by bupropionMichael Kotlyar
Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Campus, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 25:226-9. 2005..To assess CYP2D6 activity, urinary dextromethorphan/dextrorphan metabolic ratios were calculated after an 8-hour urine collection...
- New morphinan derivatives with negligible psychotropic effects attenuate convulsions induced by maximal electroshock in miceHyoung Chun Kim
Neurotoxicology Program, College of Pharmacy, Korea Institute of Drug Abuse, Kangwon National University, Chunchon 200 701, South Korea
Life Sci 72:1883-95. 2003..Repeated treatment (20 or 40 mg/kg, i.p./day x 7) with DM or dextrorphan (a major metabolite of DM; DX) significantly enhanced locomotor activity in a dose-related manner...
- Potent inhibition of cytochrome P-450 2D6-mediated dextromethorphan O-demethylation by terbinafineS M Abdel-Rahman
Section of Pediatric Clinical Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, The Children s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, Missouri 64108, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 27:770-5. 1999..and heterologously expressed CYP2D6 were incubated with terbinafine or quinidine and the formation of dextrorphan from dextromethorphan was determined by HPLC...
- High-throughput cytochrome P450 (CYP) inhibition screening via a cassette probe-dosing strategy. VI. Simultaneous evaluation of inhibition potential of drugs on human hepatic isozymes CYP2A6, 3A4, 2C9, 2D6 and 2E1H Z Bu
Department of Metabolic Chemistry, Covance Laboratories, Inc, 3301 Kinsman Boulevard, Madison, WI 53704, USA
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 15:741-8. 2001..with formic acid, the five marker metabolites (7-hydroxycoumarin, 1'-hydroxymidazolam, 4-hydroxytolbutamide, dextrorphan, and 6-hydroxychlorzoxazone) were simultaneously quantified using direct injection/online guard cartridge ..
- Characterization of [3H]Met-enkephalin-Arg6-Phe7 binding to multiple sites in rat and guinea pig cerebellumS Benyhe
Institute of Biochemistry, Biological Research Centre, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Szeged
Life Sci 64:1189-96. 1999..as demonstrated by the difference in the affinities of the enantiomeric compounds levorphanol and dextrorphan, therefore it would represent an opioid site...
- Dextromethorphan-induced near-fatal suicide attempt in a slow metabolizer at cytochrome P450 2D6Nadia Matin
Department of Psychiatry, New Jersey Medical School UMDNJ, Newark, New Jersey 07103, USA
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 5:162-5. 2007..Its metabolism in humans includes hepatic O- and N-demethylation to form dextrorphan and 3-methoxymorphinan, respectively, followed by conjugation...
- Discriminative stimulus effects of dextromethorphan in the ratS G Holtzman
Department of Pharmacology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322 3090
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 116:249-54. 1994..b>Dextrorphan, a metabolite of dextromethorphan, has phencyclidine (PCP)-like effects...
- GC and GC-MS procedures for simultaneous phenotyping with dextromethorphan and mephenytoinP Baumann
Clinique Psychiatrique Universitaire de Lausanne, Hôpital de Cery, Prilly, Switzerland
Clin Chim Acta 171:211-22. 1988..and mephenytoin may be revealed by the excretion pattern of dextromethorphan and its metabolite dextrorphan, and mephenytoin, 4-OH-mephenytoin, respectively, after a single dose of the test drugs...
- In-vivo and in-vitro dextromethorphan metabolism in SD and DA rat. An animal model of the debrisoquine-type polymorphic oxidation in manT Zysset
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Berne, Switzerland
Biochem Pharmacol 37:3155-60. 1988..of 50 mg/kg of DEM, the DA rat excreted 25 +/- 6% of the dose in 72-hr urine as O-demethylated product (dextrorphan), whereas the SD excreted 40 +/- 9% (P less than 0.002). Metabolic ratio of O-demethylation was 0.46 +/- 0...
- Effect of the NMDA-receptor antagonist dextromethorphan in infant rat pneumococcal meningitisJohann Sellner
Department of Neurology, Inselspital, Bern University Hospital, Switzerland
Curr Drug Metab 9:83-8. 2008..Pharmacokinetics of DM and its major metabolite dextrorphan (DO) were performed for dose finding...
- Effect of interferon alpha-ribavirin bitherapy on cytochrome P450 1A2 and 2D6 and N-acetyltransferase-2 activities in patients with chronic active hepatitis CLaurent Becquemont
Department of Pharmacology and the Clinical Investigation Center, Saint Antoine University Hospital, Paris, France
Clin Pharmacol Ther 71:488-95. 2002..Interferon alpha (IFN-alpha) is thought to be responsible for cytochrome P450 (CYP)-dependent drug interactions mediated by a decrease in CYP activities...
- Effect of PCP and sigma ligands on both noradrenaline- and electrically-induced contractions and on [3H]-noradrenaline uptake in rat vas deferensD Pubill
, , Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
J Auton Pharmacol 18:239-44. 1998..microM) by different sigma and PCP receptor ligands (PCP, TCP, (+)-MK-801, dextromethorphan and (+)-3-PPP); dextrorphan did it in a minor extent. 2...
- Effects of drugs and drug combinations in pigeons trained to discriminate among pentobarbital, dizocilpine, a combination of these drugs, and salineD E McMillan
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205 7199, USA
J Exp Anal Behav 92:387-412. 2009..The highest doses of dextromethorphan or dextrorphan resulted in responding on the dizocilpine key more frequently than on other keys...
- Effects of steady-state lasofoxifene on CYP2D6- and CYP2E1-mediated metabolismRobert A Moller
Pfizer Worldwide Clinical Development, New York, NY 10017 5755, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:32-7. 2006..Lasofoxifene, a selective estrogen receptor modulator, may be coadministered with other drugs, raising the issue of drug-drug interactions...
- The effect of CYP2D6 polymorphisms on dextromethorphan metabolism in Mexican AmericansPaul R Casner
Department of Internal Medicine, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, El Paso, TX 79905, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 45:1230-5. 2005..and analyzed by high-performance liquid chromatography to calculate the metabolic ratio of dextromethorphan to dextrorphan. Blood samples were collected for genotypic analysis of CYP2D6 alleles...
- Neuropsychotoxicity of abused drugs: potential of dextromethorphan and novel neuroprotective analogs of dextromethorphan with improved safety profiles in terms of abuse and neuroprotective effectsEun Joo Shin
Neuropsychopharmacology and Toxicology Program, College of Pharmacy, Kangwon National University, Chunchon, Korea
J Pharmacol Sci 106:22-7. 2008..Accumulating evidence suggests that metabolism to phencyclidine-like dextrorphan is not essential for the neuroprotective activity of dextromethorphan...
- Characterization of [3H]nisoxetine binding in rat vas deferens membranes: modulation by sigma and PCP ligandsD Pubill
Unitat de Farmacologia i Farmacognosia, Facultat de Farmacia, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
Life Sci 62:763-73. 1998..ligands tested, with the following order of potency: haloperidol > dextromethorphan > dizocilpine > dextrorphan > (+)-3-PPP > PCP > tenocyclidine...
- Pharmacokinetic comparison of a dextromethorphan-salbutamol combination tablet and a plain dextromethorphan tabletM Silvasti
Medical Department, Orion Corporation, Orion Pharmaceutica, Kuopio, Finland
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther Toxicol 28:268-72. 1990..combination tablet (Redol comp) and from a plain dextromethorphan tablet (Extuson) by determining dextrorphan concentrations after single-dose oral administration in 10 healthy volunteers...
- Simultaneous quantification of dextromethorphan and its metabolites dextrorphan, 3-methoxymorphinan and 3-hydroxymorphinan in human plasma by ultra performance liquid chromatography/tandem triple-quadrupole mass spectrometryWalter J Loos
Department of Medical Oncology, Erasmus MC Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Pharm Biomed Anal 54:387-94. 2011..and validated for the simultaneous quantitative determination of dextromethorphan (DM) and its metabolites dextrorphan (DX), 3-methoxymorphinan (3MM) and 3-hydroxymorphinan (3HM), in human lithium heparinized plasma...
- Unique CYP2D6 activity distribution and genotype-phenotype discordance in black AmericansAndrea Gaedigk
Division of Pediatric Clinical Pharmacology and Medical Toxicology, Children s Mercy Hospital and Clinics, Kansas City, MO 64108 USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 72:76-89. 2002..Although CYP2D6 has been studied extensively in different population groups, relatively little is known for black Americans...
- [Pharmacogenetic study of the response to flecainide and propafenone in patients with atrial fibrillation]Manuel Martinez-Selles
Servicio de Cardiologia, Hospital Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
Rev Esp Cardiol 58:745-8. 2005..polymorphism by determining phenotype as the metabolic ratio between dextromethorphan and its main metabolite, dextrorphan. We studied 18 men and 22 women in whom mean age was 54.6+/-11.9 years...
- N-Methyl-D-aspartate receptor antagonists enhance the head-twitch response, a 5-hydroxytryptamine2 receptor-mediated behaviour, in reserpine-treated miceH S Kim
Department of Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Korea
J Pharm Pharmacol 52:717-22. 2000..acid (CPP), (+)-5-methyl-10,11-dihydroxy-5H-dibenzo-[a,d]-cyclohepten-5,10-imi ne (MK-801), ketamine, dextrorphan and dextromethorphan) with 5-HT neurones, vesicle stores of monoamines, especially 5-HT, were depleted with ..
- Measurement of CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 activity in vivo with dextromethorphan: sources of variability and predictors of adverse effects in 419 healthy subjectsChristian Funck-Brentano
INSERM AP HP, Clinical Investigation Center, CIC 9304, and Department of Pharmacology, Pierre et Marie Curie University, 75012 Paris, France
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 61:821-9. 2005....
- Microbial transformation of dextromethorphan by Cunninghamella blakesleeana AS 3.153Lihong Lin
Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, China
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 55:658-61. 2007..153 were detected by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS(n)) and the metabolite dextrorphan was identified by reference to confirm its structure. The yield of dextrorphan produced by C. blakesleeana AS 3...
- Attenuation of the stimulant and convulsant effects of cocaine by 17-substituted-3-hydroxy and 3-alkoxy derivatives of dextromethorphanAgustin Zapata
Drug Development Group, National Institute on Drug Abuse Intramural Research Program, National Institutes of Health, 5500 Nathan Shock Drive, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 74:313-23. 2003..In contrast to the high-affinity NMDA blockers, (+)-MK-801 (dizocilpine) and dextrorphan (DX), DM and analogs did not stimulate locomotor activity...
- [Cardiovascular effect mediated by phencyclidine receptor in central nervous system]C X Yu
Department of Neurobiology, Shanghai Medical University
Sheng Li Xue Bao 42:45-52. 1990..The hypotension and bradycardia of ith PCP (150 nmol) were significantly antagonized by ith 15 nmol dextrorphan. TCP, an agonist of PCP receptor, also elicited sharp hypotension and bradycardia immediately...
- An optimized methodology for combined phenotyping and genotyping on CYP2D6 and CYP2C19W J Tamminga
Pharma Bio Research Group BV, Science Park, NL 9471 GP Zuidlaren, The Netherlands
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 57:143-6. 2001..Blood samples were collected and analysed for dextromethorphan, dextrorphan, metoprolol, alpha-hydroxymetoprol, omeprazole and 5-hydroxyomeprazole by HPLC...
- Polymorphism of dextromethorphan oxidation in Polish populationJadwiga Skretkowicz
Departament of Pharmacogenetics, Medical University of Lodz, 1 Muszynskiego St, PL 90 151 Lodz, Poland
Acta Pol Pharm 65:611-5. 2008..DM and the metabolite dextrorphan (DT) were analyzed by HPLC method...
- LC-MS/MS analysis of dextromethorphan metabolism in human saliva and urine to determine CYP2D6 phenotype and individual variability in N-demethylation and glucuronidationUrsula Lutz
Department of Toxicology, University of Wurzburg, Versbacher Str 9, D 97078 Wurzburg, Germany
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 813:217-25. 2004..phenotype a sensitive LC-MS/MS assay to quantify dextromethorphan (DEX) and its O-demethylated metabolite dextrorphan (DOR) in human saliva was developed with limits of quantitation of 1 pmol/ml...
- An evaluation of the drug interaction potential of pazopanib, an oral vascular endothelial growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor, using a modified Cooperstown 5+1 cocktail in patients with advanced solid tumorsB C Goh
Section of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Hematology Oncology, National University Hospital, Singapore, Singapore
Clin Pharmacol Ther 88:652-9. 2010..30); and S-warfarin, 0.93 (0.84-1.03). The geometric least-squares (LS) mean ratio of urine dextromethorphan:dextrorphan ranged from 1.33 (0-4-h interval) to 1.64 (4-8-h interval)...
- Clonidine as adjuvant for oxybuprocaine, bupivacaine or dextrorphan has a significant peripheral action in intensifying and prolonging analgesia in response to local dorsal cutaneous noxious pinprick in ratsYu Wen Chen
Department of Physical Therapy, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Neurosci Lett 496:186-90. 2011..was to evaluate co-administration of clonidine with oxybuprocaine (ester type), bupivacaine (amide type) or dextrorphan (non-ester or non-amide type) and to see whether it could have a peripheral action in enhancing local ..
- Dynamics and persistence of CYP2D6 inhibition by paroxetineJ Jurica
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Central European Institute of Technology CEITEC, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
J Clin Pharm Ther 38:294-300. 2013..Paroxetine is both a substrate and an inhibitor of CYP2D6. The objective of the presented study was to determine the persistence of CYP2D6 inhibition after short term (6 weeks) and long term (18·7 ± 10·6 weeks) paroxetine treatment...
- Study of dried blood spots technique for the determination of dextromethorphan and its metabolite dextrorphan in human whole blood by LC-MS/MSXiaorong Liang
Department of Bioanalytical Chemistry, Covance Laboratories Inc, 3301 Kinsman Blvd, Madison, WI 53704, USA
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 877:799-806. 2009..DBSs) technology was evaluated in an assay for the quantitation of dextromethorphan (DM) and its metabolite, dextrorphan (DT), in human whole blood using high performance liquid chromatography with tandem mass spectrometry method (..
- Theoretical studies on the structure and symmetry of the transmembrane region of glutamatergic GluR5 receptorAgnieszka A Kaczor
Department of Synthesis and Chemical Technology of Pharmaceutical Substances, Faculty of Pharmacy, Medical University of Lublin, 6 Staszica Str, 20081 Lublin, Poland
J Med Chem 51:3765-76. 2008..validated by building of NMDA receptor transmembrane region model and its evaluation in the docking of dextrorphan, (+)-MK-801, and IEM-1925...
- Development of CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 in the first year of lifeT N Johnson
Clin Pharmacol Ther 83:670-1. 2008
- Opioid peptides and receptors in joint tissues: study in the ratJonas Bergstrom
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Section of Orthopaedics, Karolinska Institutet, Orthopaedic Research Laboratory, Karolinska Hospital, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
J Orthop Res 24:1193-9. 2006..The endogenous opioid system now demonstrated might be targeted and exploited therapeutically to obtain peripheral control of symptoms in joint disorders...
- Rapid and sensitive HPLC-MS/MS method for quantitative determination of lycorine from the plasma of ratsXin Liu
Department of Drug Metabolism, Key Laboratory of Active Substances Discovery and Drug Ability Evaluation, State Key Laboratory of Bioactive Substance and Function of Natural Medicines, Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100050, PR China
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 974:96-100. 2015..Plasma samples were prepared by a simple protein precipitation with methanol containing dextrorphan as internal standard. The chromatographic separation was performed on a Kromasil 60-5CN column (3μm, 2...
- Exogenous and Endogenous Biomarkers of CYP2D6 Variability in PediatricsYVONNE SARAH LIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..or "metabolizer" status is assigned based on the relative amounts of DM and the metabolite produced by CYP2D6, dextrorphan (DX), present in the urine sample...
- DEXTROROTATORY OPIOIDS AS PROBES FOR PCP RECEPTORSThomas Murray; Fiscal Year: 1999b>Dextrorphan, (+)3-hydroxy-N-methyl-morphinan, is a selective noncompetitive antagonist of the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) class of excitatory amino acid receptors...
- PK-PD Models: The Role of Metabolites in Drug ActionHoward Hendrickson; Fiscal Year: 2004..The applicant will investigate the role of dextrorphan, the primary active metabolite of dextromethorphan, as the agent responsible for the phencyclidine-like actions ..
- CYTOCHROME P450 ACTIVITY IN THE FIRST YEAR OF LIFEJAMES LEEDER; Fiscal Year: 1999..Quantitation of dextromethorphan and its metabolite, dextrorphan, provides a direct assessment of CYP2D6 activity. Specifically, a 0...
- Ginkgo biloba for ECT-induced Memory DeficitsJOHN MARKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..will utilize larger groups and additional cognitive tests will be incorporated to provide more definitive conclusions regarding efficacy, optimal dose and duration, persistence of effects, and safety and tolerability ..
- Screening Herbs for Drug InteractionsJOHN MARKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2002..Further, the proposed studies will complement existing and future NCCAM studies of agents such as St. John's wort and Gingko biloba. ..
- P-Glycoprotein and Disposition of PsychostimulantsJOHN MARKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Evaluating Trichophyton tonsurans Carriage and InfectionSusan Abdel Rahman; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- FUNGAL PROTEIN/GLYCOPROTEIN EXPRESSION IN TINEA CAPITISSusan Abdel Rahman; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- BEHAVIORAL PHARMACOLOGY OF NARCOTIC ANTAGONISTSSTEPHEN HOLTZMAN; Fiscal Year: 2002..Acute agonist-induced sensitization to opioid antagonists appears to be an exquisite example of neuronal plasticity, reflecting the first hours of the drug-receptor interactions that lead to chronic physical dependence upon opioids. ..
- BEHAVIORAL PHARMACOLOGY OF OPIOIDSSTEPHEN HOLTZMAN; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Docosanol and Acyclovir for Treating Genital HerpesLAURA POPE; Fiscal Year: 2003..If proven safe and effective, it would provide a new single agent treatment as well as allow concurrent use with acyclovir. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: Topical treatment for recurrent genital herpes infections. ..
- DIENCEPHALIC MECHANISMS OF DRUG ABUSESTANLEY GLICK; Fiscal Year: 2008..The work proposed here may ultimately result in new kinds of treatments for drug abuse. ..
- Urinary proteomics in aminoglycoside treated newbornsMary Kennedy; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of this research may allow us to identify infants who are at risk for developing significant injury before it occurs. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Differential Effects of Antidepressants in Adult and Developing AnimalsROBERT PECHNICK; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effect of Diet on Drug Metabolism in InfantsMichael Blake; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Maternal Separation: Rat Model of Opioid VulnerabilitySTEPHEN HOLTZMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- NEUROBEHAVIORAL MECHANISMS OF DRUG ADDICTIONSTANLEY GLICK; Fiscal Year: 2001..This research may result in novel treatments for addictive disorders in humans. ..
- Mechanisms of Atypical Drug Kinetics and InteractionsTIMOTHY TRACY; Fiscal Year: 2008..From these data, computer models will be developed to predict the occurrence of atypical kinetics and potential drug interactions to assist in the drug development process. ..
- Viral-Mediated CRH Expression and DepressionROBERT PECHNICK; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- PHARMACOLOGY & NEUROSCIENCE TRAINING IN DRUG ABUSESTANLEY GLICK; Fiscal Year: 2008..All aspects of the program are administered by the director and an executive committee of administrative and training faculty. ..
- ANTIRETROVIRAL PHARMACOLOGY IN THE GENITAL TRACTAngela Kashuba; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- PharmGKB Experimental Biology Workshop 2005TIMOTHY TRACY; Fiscal Year: 2005....