Genomes and Genes
Summary: The combination of two or more different factors in the production of cancer.
Publications200 found, 100 shown here
- A mouse model recapitulating molecular features of human mesotheliomaDeborah A Altomare
Human Genetics Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Cancer Res 65:8090-5. 2005....
- Genetic predisposition to fiber carcinogenesis causes a mesothelioma epidemic in TurkeyA Umran Dogan
Department of Geological Engineering, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
Cancer Res 66:5063-8. 2006..This is the first time that genetics is shown to influence mineral fiber carcinogenesis...
- Genetic and epigenetic mechanisms in metal carcinogenesis and cocarcinogenesis: nickel, arsenic, and chromiumKonstantin Salnikow
National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 21:28-44. 2008..Overall, metal carcinogenesis appears to require the formation of specific metal complexes, chromosomal damage, and activation of signal transduction pathways promoting survival and expansion of genetically/epigenetically altered cells...
- Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) induction of pulmonary inflammation: a role in tumor promotionA K Bauer
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, C238, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Exp Lung Res 27:197-216. 2001..Inflammatory mediators may provide targets for early diagnosis and chemoprevention...
- The relationship between simian virus 40 and mesotheliomaZeyana Rivera
Cancer Research Center of Hawaii and Department of Pathology, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Curr Opin Pulm Med 14:316-21. 2008..Simian virus 40 is present in some human malignant mesotheliomas. The evidence in favor and against a pathogenic role of simian virus 40 in malignant mesothelioma is discussed in this review...
- Alcohol consumption, cigarette smoking and risk of subtypes of oesophageal and gastric cancer: a prospective cohort studyJ Steevens
GROW School for Oncology and Developmental Biology, Department of Epidemiology, Maastricht University, PO Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
Gut 59:39-48. 2010..However, because this was based on retrospective studies, these hypotheses were examined in a prospective cohort...
- Relation between exposure to asbestos and smoking jointly and the risk of lung cancerP N Lee
P N Lee Statistics and Computing Ltd, 17 Cedar Road, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5DA, UK
Occup Environ Med 58:145-53. 2001..to asbestos and smoking on the risk of lung cancer to answer three questions: (1) does asbestos increase risk in non-smokers; (2) are the data consistent with an additive model; and (3) are the data consistent with a multiplicative model?..
- The XRCC1 Arg399Gln polymorphism, sunburn, and non-melanoma skin cancer: evidence of gene-environment interactionHeather H Nelson
Department of Cancer Cell Biology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Res 62:152-5. 2002..These data, using the classic skin carcinogenesis model, provide new insight on the role of the XRCC1 399 polymorphism in neoplasia and may help explain the conflicting results relating this polymorphism to cancer risk at various sites...
- In vitro induction of benzo(a)pyrene cell-transforming activity by the glucosinolate gluconasturtiin found in cruciferous vegetablesPaolo Perocco
Institute of Cancerology, University of Bologna, Viale Filopanti 22, Italy
Cancer Lett 184:65-71. 2002..These results indicate the need for an overall toxicological characterization of a chemopreventive agent prior to large-scale use...
- Reduction in IkappaB kinase alpha expression promotes the development of skin papillomas and carcinomasEunmi Park
Department of Carcinogenesis, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Smithville, Texas 78957, USA
Cancer Res 67:9158-68. 2007..Our findings provide evidence that a reduction in IKKalpha expression promotes the development of papillomas and carcinomas and that the integrity of the Ikkalpha gene is required for suppressing skin carcinogenesis...
- Use of nucleotide excision repair-deficient mice as a model for chemically induced lung cancerDavid L Cheo
Life Technologies Division, Invitrogen Corporation, Rockville, MD, USA
Methods Mol Med 74:481-91. 2003
- A 60 Hz magnetic field does not affect the incidence of squamous cell carcinomas in SENCAR miceJ R McLean
Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada
Bioelectromagnetics 24:75-81. 2003..The overall results add to previous animal studies that find no association between exposure to 60 Hz MF and the incidence of benign or malignant tumors...
- Role of connexin32 and beta-catenin in tumor promotion in mouse liverMichael Schwarz
Institut fur Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, Universitat Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Toxicol Pathol 31:99-102. 2003..The link between beta-catenin-signaling and Cx32-dependent gap junctional intercellular communication, if existent, remains obscure...
- Lack of initiation activity in rat liver of low doses of 2-amino-3,8-dimethylimidazo[4,5-f]quinoxalineShoji Fukushima
Department of Pathology, Osaka City University Medical School, 1 4 3 Asahi machi, Abeno Ku, Osaka 545 8585, Japan
Cancer Lett 191:35-40. 2003..001-1 ppm. The results imply a no-observed effect level for hepatocarcinogenicity with this genotoxic agent...
- Tumor initiating activity of Helicobacter pylori water extract on mouse skin carcinogenesisTakeshi Ishikawa
First Department of Internal Medicine, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kawaramachi Hirokoji, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto 602 8566, Japan
Cancer Lett 191:41-7. 2003..These results suggest an initiating activity of HPE on two-stage mouse skin carcinogenesis...
- Protective effect of Ocimum sanctum on 3-methylcholanthrene, 7,12-dimethylbenz(a)anthracene and aflatoxin B1 induced skin tumorigenesis in miceShipra Rastogi
Industrial Toxicology Research Centre, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, P O Box 80, Lucknow 226001, India
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 224:228-40. 2007..sanctum provides protection against chemical carcinogenesis in one or more of the following mechanisms: (i) by acting as an antioxidant; (ii) by modulating phase I and II enzymes; (iii) by exhibiting antiproliferative activity...
- Skin tumor promotion by Vitamin E in mice: amplification by ionizing radiation and Vitamin CR E J Mitchel
Chalk River Laboratories, Radiation Biology and Health Physics Branch, Atomic Energy of Canada Limited, Chalk River, Ont, Canada KOJ 1JO
Cancer Detect Prev 27:102-8. 2003....
- Qualitative and quantitative relationship between dysplastic aberrant crypt foci and tumorigenesis in the Min/+ mouse colonJ E Paulsen
Department of Environmental Medicine, National Institute of Public Health, 0403 Oslo, Norway
Cancer Res 61:5010-5. 2001..In contrast, the classical ACF, which resemble the hyperplastic ACF described previously, were characterized by slow-growing crypts with normal beta-catenin expression, and they were probably not related to tumorigenesis...
- Dietary N-acetyl-L-cysteine modulates benzo[a]pyrene-induced skin tumors in cancer-prone p53 haploinsufficient Tg.AC (v-Ha-ras) miceK R Martin
Transgenic Carcinogenesis Unit, Laboratory of Environmental Carcinogenesis and Mutagenesis and Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis, NIEHS, NIH, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
Carcinogenesis 22:1373-8. 2001..In summary, dietary supplementation with NAC was chemopreventive, but the marginal increase in SCT suggests a paradoxical effect...
- High susceptibility of Scid mice to colon carcinogenesis induced by azoxymethane indicates a possible caretaker role for DNA-dependent protein kinaseM Ochiai
Biochemistry Division and Cancer Prevention Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, 5 1 1, Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo, Japan
Carcinogenesis 22:1551-5. 2001..2, respectively (P < 0.001). The present study clearly demonstrated high susceptibility of Scid mice to colon carcinogenesis, which might be attributable to disruption of the caretaker role of DNA-PK in colonic epithelial cells...
- Lack of modifying effects of eugenol on development of lung proliferative lesions induced by urethane in transgenic mice carrying the human prototype c-Ha-ras geneT Koujitani
Division of Pathology, National Institute of Health Sciences, 1-18-1 Kamiyoga, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo 158-8501, Japan
J Toxicol Sci 26:129-39. 2001..The present results suggest that the EUG treatment does not exert modifying effects on lung carcinogenesis induced by UR in both male and female rasH2 mice and non-Tg mice...
- Epstein-Barr virus encoded latent membrane protein-1 induces epithelial cell proliferation and sensitizes transgenic mice to chemical carcinogenesisJ A Curran
Robertson Laboratory, Division of Molecular Genetics, Institute of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 61:6730-8. 2001..These data demonstrate that, early in the carcinogenic process, LMP1 acts as a tumor promoter after chemical initiation; but, paradoxically, it may also introduce a hurdle against expansion or progression of a lesion...
- Tumor promotion in liver of mice with a conditional Cx26 knockoutPhilip Marx-Stoelting
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Department of Toxicology, University of Tubingen, Wilhelmstr 56, 72074 Tubingen, Germany
Toxicol Sci 103:260-7. 2008..Altogether our present data show that elimination of Cx26 has only minor effects on chemically induced mouse hepatocarcinogenesis, in striking contrast to the effects seen in Cx32 KO mice...
- Enhancement of 3-methylcholanthrene-induced neoplastic transformation by 3-chloro-4-(dichloromethyl)-5-hydroxy-2(5H)-furanone in the two-stage transformation assay in C3H 10T1/2 cellsM Laaksonen
National Public Health Institute, Laboratory of Toxicology, Kuopio, Finland
Arch Toxicol 75:613-7. 2001..In contrast to MC-induced foci, TPA did not promote the development of MX-initiated foci, it even decreased their number. The results suggest that MX may also have potential to promote tumor development...
- p53 transgenic mice are highly susceptible to 1, 2-dimethylhydrazine-induced uterine sarcomasZhongqiu Zhang
Division of Human Cancer Genetics, The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center, 514 Medical Research Facility, 420 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Cancer Res 62:3024-9. 2002..These results demonstrate a tissue-specific enhancement of tumorigenesis in multiple organs by the mutant p53 transgene and additionally support the utility of (C57BL/6J x UL53-3) F(1) mice for chemoprevention studies...
- Effects of phenobarbital on DNA methylation in GC-rich regions of hepatic DNA from mice that exhibit different levels of susceptibility to liver tumorigenesisRebecca E Watson
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Michigan State University, B440 Life Sciences Building, East Lansing 48824, USA
Toxicol Sci 68:51-8. 2002..Therefore, this study supports our hypothesis that the capacity to maintain normal methylation patterns is related inversely to tumor susceptibility...
- Reduction of p53 dosage renders mice hypersensitive to 7, 12-dimethylbenz(alpha) anthracene-induced salivary gland tumorigenesisFumio Ide
Department of Oral Pathology, Meikai University School of Dentistry, 1 1 Keyakidai, Sakado, Saitama 350 0283, Japan
Anticancer Res 23:201-4. 2003..The role of p53 during the evolutionary steps of experimental salivary gland tumorigenesis has not been fully elucidated...
- A medium-term rat liver bioassay for rapid in vivo detection of carcinogenic potential of chemicalsNobuyuki Ito
Nagoya City University, 1 Kawasumi, Mizuho ku, Nagoya 467 8601
Cancer Sci 94:3-8. 2003....
- Diethylnitrosamine initiation does not alter clofibric acid-induced hepatocarcinogenesis in the ratCecile Michel
Department of Drug Safety Evaluation, sanofi aventis R and D, Centre de Recherche de Vitry Alfortville Evry, 94403 Vitry sur Seine, France
Toxicol Sci 99:58-69. 2007..Our work described here may contribute to the design optimization of shorter preclinical tests for the evaluation of the nongenotoxic hepatocarcinogenic potential of drugs under development...
- Review of studies concerning the tumorigenicity of 2-butoxyethanol in B6C3F1 mice and its relevance for human risk assessmentRodney Boatman
Health and Environment Laboratories, Eastman Kodak Company, Rochester, New York 14652 6272, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health B Crit Rev 7:385-98. 2004..The current article summarizes the results of a number of in vivo and in vitro studies designed to elucidate the underlying mechanisms of tumorigenesis by BE in the mouse and discusses the relevance of these for human risk...
- p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1)-dependent signaling contributes to epithelial skin carcinogenesisChristine Bourcier
Institute of Signaling, Developmental Biology and Cancer Research, UMR Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Nice, France
Cancer Res 66:2700-7. 2006..These results highlight the importance of ERK1 in skin homeostasis and in the process of skin tumor development...
- Apoptosis in stages of mouse hepatocarcinogenesis: failure to counterbalance cell proliferation and to account for strain differences in tumor susceptibilityWilfried Bursch
Medizinische Universität Wien, Univ Klinik für Innere MedizinI, Abtl Institut für Krebsforschung, Borschkegasse 8a, A 1090 Wien
Toxicol Sci 85:515-29. 2005..Apoptosis was generally low and was not a major cause of the strain difference in tumor susceptibility. In contrast with rat liver, inhibition of apoptosis appears to be a minor determinant of tumor promotion in mice...
- Haploinsufficiency for odc modifies mouse skin tumor susceptibilityYongjun Guo
Lankenau Institute for Medical Research, Wynnewood, Pennsylvania, USA
Cancer Res 65:1146-9. 2005..These results support the concept that differences in tissue polyamine levels, resulting from either overexpression or reductions in ODC, are important modifiers of tumor susceptibility...
- Susceptibility to aflatoxin B1-induced carcinogenesis correlates with tissue-specific differences in DNA repair activity in mouse and in ratLeanne L Bedard
Department of Pharmacology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Cancer Res 65:1265-70. 2005....
- Maternal effects and cancer risk in the progeny of mice exposed to X-rays before conceptionClemens Dasenbrock
Fraunhofer Institut für Toxikologie und Experimentelle Medizin, Nikolai Fuchs Strasse 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Exp Toxicol Pathol 56:351-60. 2005..A higher incidence of lung and liver tumors in the sham-treated male progeny of irradiated mothers was detected, pointing to a possible germ cell-transmitted alteration initiated by the preconceptual maternal X-ray exposure...
- Raised expression of the antiapoptotic protein ped/pea-15 increases susceptibility to chemically induced skin tumor developmentPietro Formisano
Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Istituto di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale del CNR, Via Sergio Pansini, 5, Naples 80131, Italy
Oncogene 24:7012-21. 2005..001) and increased by three-fold tumor latency time (P<0.01). Thus, the expression levels of ped/pea-15 control Caspase-3 function and epidermal cell apoptosis in vivo and determine susceptibility to skin tumor development...
- Lung cancer susceptibility in Fhit-deficient mice is increased by Vhl haploinsufficiencyNicola Zanesi
Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Cancer Res 65:6576-82. 2005....
- Evidence that iron overload plus croton oil induce skin tumours in miceH Rezazadeh
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz 51664, Iran
Hum Exp Toxicol 24:409-13. 2005..The results of this study suggest that oxidative stress generated by iron overload is responsible for croton oil-mediated skin carcinogenesis...
- Angiotensin II type 2 receptor gene deficiency attenuates susceptibility to tobacco-specific nitrosamine-induced lung tumorigenesis: involvement of transforming growth factor-beta-dependent cell growth attenuationTsutomu Kanehira
Department of Biochemistry, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Cancer Res 65:7660-5. 2005..The AT2 receptor function in lung stromal fibroblasts may be a potential modulator of tumor susceptibility in chemical carcinogen-induced lung tumorigenesis...
- Deficiency of NRH:quinone oxidoreductase 2 increases susceptibility to 7,12-dimethylbenz(a)anthracene and benzo(a)pyrene-induced skin carcinogenesisKarim Iskander
Department of Pharmacology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 64:5925-8. 2004..The results also suggest that lack of induction of p53, p21, and Bax proteins might contribute to increased sensitivity of NQO2-/- mice skin to benzo(a)pyrene carcinogenicity...
- Protective effect of the isoflavonoid equol against hairless mouse skin carcinogenesis induced by UV radiation alone or with a chemical cocarcinogenSitarina Widyarini
Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Photochem Photobiol 81:32-7. 2005....
- Association of liver hemangiosarcoma and secondary iron overload in B6C3F1 mice--the National Toxicology Program experienceAbraham Nyska
Laboratory of Experimental Pathology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 9998, USA
Toxicol Pathol 32:222-8. 2004..The reason for the sex-increased susceptibility for development of hemangiosarcoma is unknown but may be due to a hormone-related, reduced antioxidative defensive capacity through modulation of the activities of antioxidative enzymes...
- Mouse strain differences in inflammatory responses of colonic mucosa induced by dextran sulfate sodium cause differential susceptibility to PhIP-induced large bowel carcinogenesisMasako Nakanishi
Biochemistry Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Cancer Sci 98:1157-63. 2007..The present results provide strong evidence that prolonged chronic inflammatory responses induced by DSS are directly responsible for the observed enhancement of PhIP-induced large bowel carcinogenicity...
- Inhibition of the development of metastatic squamous cell carcinoma in protein kinase C epsilon transgenic mice by alpha-difluoromethylornithine accompanied by marked hair follicle degeneration and hair lossDeric L Wheeler
Department of Human Oncology, Medical School, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53762, USA
Cancer Res 63:3037-42. 2003..Severe hair loss observed in PKC epsilon transgenic mice on DFMO during skin tumor promotion has not been reported before in the prevention of cancer in other animal models or in human cancer prevention trials...
- WY-14,643-mediated promotion of hepatocarcinogenesis in connexin32-wild-type and connexin32-null miceOliver Moennikes
Institut fur Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, Abteilung Toxikologie, Universitat Tubingen, Wilhelmstr 56, D 72074 Tubingen, Germany
Carcinogenesis 24:1561-5. 2003..Our results demonstrate significant differences between mouse liver lesions of differing phenotype and genotype in their response towards selection by Wy-14,643 during the promotional phase of hepatocarcinogenesis...
- Comparative oncology of lung tumorsFletcher F Hahn
Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87108, USA
Toxicol Pathol 35:130-5. 2007..For example, the molecular changes in lung tumors of mice and humans have a number of similarities that may be important in evaluating the significance of compound-induced lung tumors in mice...
- Effects of chlorohydroxyfuranones on 3-methylcholanthrene-induced neoplastic transformation in the two-stage transformation assay in C3H 10T1/2 cellsMariitta Laaksonen
Laboratory of Toxicology, National Public Health Institute, PO Box 95, 70701 Kuopio, Finland
Arch Toxicol 77:594-600. 2003..MX, MCF and MCA were all active over the same concentration range. Hence, in addition to MX, MCF and MCA may also possess some potential to promote tumor development...
- Absence of tumor promoting activity of Euphorbia milii latex on the mouse back skinI F Delgado
Laboratory of Environmental Toxicology, Department of Biological Sciences, National School of Public Health, Oswaldo Cruz Foundation, Av Brasil 4365, Rio de Janeiro, RJ 21045 900, Brazil
Toxicol Lett 145:175-80. 2003..No tumors developed in mice treated with the solvent alone and in those exposed to latex. Findings from the present study therefore indicated that E. milii crude latex does not act as a tumor promoting agent on the mouse back skin assay...
- Bin1 ablation in mammary gland delays tissue remodeling and drives cancer progressionMee Young Chang
Lankenau Institute for Medical Research, 100 Lancaster Avenue, Wynnewood, PA 19096, USA
Cancer Res 67:100-7. 2007..These findings suggest that Bin1 loss cooperates with ras activation to drive progression, establishing a role for Bin1 as a negative modifier of oncogenicity and progression in breast cancer...
- Only a subset of 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate-promoted mouse skin papillomas are promotable by benzoyl peroxideMariateresa Mancuso
Biotechnology Unit, ENEA Casaccia Research Center, Via Anguillarese 301, 00060 Rome, Italy
Mutat Res 548:35-45. 2004....
- Heterocyclic amines: Mutagens/carcinogens produced during cooking of meat and fishTakashi Sugimura
National Cancer Center, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Cancer Sci 95:290-9. 2004..Advice to the general public about how to reduce the carcinogenic load imposed by HCAs would be an important contribution to cancer prevention...
- Homozygous K5Cre transgenic mice have wavy hair and accelerated malignant progression in a murine model of skin carcinogenesisEdward L Chan
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York, USA
Mol Carcinog 46:49-59. 2007..Although the K5Cre(+/+) mice resemble waved-1 and -2 mutants, the molecular basis for the K5Cre(+/+) phenotype is probably different. In conclusion, we discovered a unique phenotype associated with the K5Cre(+/+) transgenic line...
- Short-term biomarkers of cigarette smoke condensate tumor promoting potential in mouse skinGeoffrey M Curtin
Research and Development, R J Reynolds Tobacco Company, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27102, USA
Toxicol Sci 89:66-74. 2006..These findings are particularly intriguing based on reports suggesting that ODC expression may be necessary for tumor promotion and that mouse skin tumors originate primarily within the perifollicular epidermis...
- Spontaneous liver tumors and benzo[a]pyrene-induced lymphomas in XPA-deficient miceA de Vries
Department of Immunology, University of Utrecht, The Netherlands
Mol Carcinog 19:46-53. 1997..Our results show for the first time that XPA-deficient mice also displayed an increased sensitivity to developing tumors other than tumors of the skin...
- Liver regeneration and hepatocarcinogenesis in transforming growth factor-alpha-targeted miceW E Russell
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Mol Carcinog 15:183-9. 1996..These results indicate that TGF alpha is not required for early events in chemically induced hepatocarcinogenesis but suggest that it could be important in the progression from small preneoplastic foci to large tumors...
- NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase 1 deficiency increases susceptibility to benzo(a)pyrene-induced mouse skin carcinogenesisD J Long
Department of Pharmacology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 60:5913-5. 2000..Histological analysis of the NQO1-/- tumors showed proliferative activity. These results demonstrate that NQO1 acts as an endogenous factor in protection against benzo(a)pyrene carcinogenicity...
- The relationship between benzo[a]pyrene-induced mutagenesis and carcinogenesis in repair-deficient Cockayne syndrome group B miceS W Wijnhoven
Department of Radiation Genetics and Chemical Mutagetesis MGC, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 60:5681-7. 2000..Thus, the global genome repair pathway of NER appears to play an important role in the prevention of cancer...
- p53 knockout mice (-/-) are more susceptible than (+/-) or (+/+) mice to N-methyl-N-nitrosourea stomach carcinogenesisM Yamamoto
Division of Oncological Pathology, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, 1 1 Kanokoden, Chikusa, Nagoya 464 8681, Japan
Carcinogenesis 21:1891-7. 2000..These results suggest that p53 may not be a direct target of MNU but rather play an important role as a gatekeeper in mouse stomach carcinogenesis induced by this direct acting agent...
- A concise review of the toxicity and carcinogenicity of dimethylarsinic acidE M Kenyon
US Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Research and Development, National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, Experimental Toxicology Division, MD-74, Research Triangle Park, NC 27711, USA
Toxicology 160:227-36. 2001..These data collectively suggest that DMA plays a role in the carcinogenesis of inorganic arsenic...
- Induction of invasive mouse skin carcinomas in transgenic mice with mutations in both H-ras and p53Zhongqiu Zhang
Department of Surgery and The Alvin J Siteman Cancer Center, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 Euclid Avenue, Box 8109, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Mol Cancer Res 3:563-74. 2005..The present study provides the first in vivo evidence that a germ line p53 mutation and activated H-ras act synergistically to profoundly enhance tumor progression...
- Conversion of C57Bl/6 mice from a tumor promotion-resistant to a -sensitive phenotype by enhanced ornithine decarboxylase expressionY Guo
The Lankenau Medical Research Center, Wynnewood, Pennsylvania 19096, USA
Mol Carcinog 26:32-6. 1999..e., tumor-promoting) effects of TPA...
- Constitutive expression of erbB2 in epidermis of transgenic mice results in epidermal hyperproliferation and spontaneous skin tumor developmentK Kiguchi
The University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Carcinogenesis, Science Park Research Division, PO Box 389, Smithville, Texas, TX 78957, USA
Oncogene 19:4243-54. 2000..Phosphotyrosine levels of the EGFr, erbB2 and erbB3 proteins were also elevated. These results indicate an important role for erbB2 signaling in epidermal growth, development and neoplasia. Oncogene (2000) 19, 4243 - 4254..
- Advances in the diagnosis, evaluation, and management of malignant pleural mesotheliomaDaniel H Sterman
Thoracic Oncology Research Laboratory, Interventional Pulmonology Program, Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Division, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 4283, USA
Respirology 10:266-83. 2005..although evidence is increasing to support the hypothesis that simian virus-40 virus plays a role in cocarcinogenesis. Immunohistochemical markers such as calretinin, WT-1, and cytokeratin 5/6 are becoming established ..
- Arsenic exposure is associated with decreased DNA repair in vitro and in individuals exposed to drinking water arsenicAngeline S Andrew
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Section of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756, USA
Environ Health Perspect 114:1193-8. 2006..by which arsenic exposure contributes to human cancer risk is unknown ; however, several indirect cocarcinogenesis mechanisms have been proposed...
- Arsenate and dimethylarsinic acid in drinking water did not affect DNA damage repair in urinary bladder transitional cells or micronuclei in bone marrowAmy Wang
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Pathobiology, Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061, USA
Environ Mol Mutagen 50:760-70. 2009..Possible modes of action of arsenic carcinogenesis/cocarcinogenesis include oxidative stress induction and inhibition of DNA damage repair...
- Dimethylarsinic acid in drinking water changed the morphology of urinary bladder but not the expression of DNA repair genes of bladder transitional epithelium in F344 ratsAmy Wang
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Pathobiology, Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia, USA
Toxicol Pathol 37:425-37. 2009..inhibition of DNA damage repair in transitional epithelium occur, it may contribute to carcinogenesis or cocarcinogenesis. We investigated morphology and expression of DNA repair genes in F344 rat transitional cells following up to ..
- Biomarkers of effect in evaluating dithianon cocarcinogenesis: selective induction and suppression of murine CYP3A isoformM Paolini
Department of Pharmacology, University of Bologna, Italy
Cancer Lett 113:221-8. 1997..activity has as yet not been clarified, to affect specific biomarkers of effect related to non-genotoxic cocarcinogenesis was investigated...
- Expression of oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes in lungs of rats exposed to sulfur dioxide and benzo(a)pyreneGuohua Qin
Institute of Environmental Medicine and Toxicology, Research Center of Environmental Science and Engineering, Shanxi University, Taiyuan, China
Inhal Toxicol 22:322-9. 2010..Elucidating the expression patterns of those factors after SO(2) and B(a)P exposure may be critical to understanding the mechanisms of SO(2) cocarcinogenesis and helpful for therapeutic intervention.
- Molecular non-genetic biomarkers related to Fenarimol cocarcinogenesis: organ- and sex-specific CYP induction in ratM Paolini
Department of Pharmacology, University of Bologna, Italy
Cancer Lett 101:171-8. 1996....
- Arsenite cocarcinogenesis: an animal model derived from genetic toxicology studiesToby G Rossman
The Nelson Institute of Environmental Medicine and Kaplan Comprehensive Cancer Center, New York University School of Medicine, 57 Old Forge Road, Tuxedo, NY 10987, USA
Environ Health Perspect 110:749-52. 2002..It is possible that lung and bladder cancers associated with arsenic in drinking water may also require a carcinogenic partner...
- Further evidence against a direct genotoxic mode of action for arsenic-induced cancerCatherine B Klein
The Nelson Institute of Environmental Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, 57 Old Forge Road, Tuxedo, NY 10987, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 222:289-97. 2007..of arsenite enhanced the tumorigenicity of solar UV irradiation in hairless mice, suggesting arsenic cocarcinogenesis with sunlight in skin cancer and perhaps with different carcinogenic partners for lung and bladder tumors...
- Space efficient system for whole-body exposure of unrestrained rats to 900 MHz electromagnetic fieldsLauri Puranen
STUK Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority, Helsinki, Finland
Bioelectromagnetics 30:120-8. 2009..The setup was used for 2 years in a cocarcinogenesis study and part of it for 5 weeks in a central nervous system (CNS) study...
- Comparison of 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate and teleocidin for induction of epidermal hyperplasia, activation of epidermal PKC isozymes and skin tumor promotion in SENCAR and C57BL/6 miceA Imamoto
Department of Carcinogenesis, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Smithville 78957
Carcinogenesis 14:719-24. 1993..Taken together, the current data suggest that factors in addition to the induction of sustained epidermal hyperplasia, control responsiveness of C57BL/6 mice to skin tumor promotion by diverse promoting stimuli...
- Fifty years of tobacco carcinogenesis research: from mechanisms to early detection and prevention of lung cancerStephen S Hecht
University of Minnesota, 2231 6th Street Southeast, Room 2 148 CCRB, Minneapolis, MN 55455 Phone 612 624 7604 Fax 612 624 3869 and Eva Szabo, Lung and Upper Aerodigestive Cancer Research Group, Division of Cancer Prevention, National Cancer Institute, NIH, HHS, 9609 Medical Center Drive, Room 5E 102, Bethesda, MD 20892
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 7:1-8. 2014..formation, and consequent mutation of critical genes along with the exacerbating influences of inflammation, cocarcinogenesis, and tumor promotion...
- Lung carcinogenesis by tobacco smokeStephen S Hecht
Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Int J Cancer 131:2724-32. 2012..37 million deaths per year...
- Genetic variation in XRCC1, sun exposure, and risk of skin cancerJ Han
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, 181 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Br J Cancer 91:1604-9. 2004..These two polymorphisms were not associated with BCC or melanoma risk. Our data suggest that the Arg194Trp and Arg399Gln polymorphisms may be differently associated with skin cancer risk according to exposure dose and skin cancer type...
- Involvement of PTEN/Akt signaling and oxidative stress on indole-3-carbinol (I3C)-induced hepatocarcinogenesis in ratsRyuichi Yamamoto
Laboratory of Veterinary Pathology, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Tokyo, Japan
Exp Toxicol Pathol 65:845-52. 2013....
- The role of N-sulfation in the N-hydroxy-2-acetylaminofluorene-mediated outgrowth of diethylnitrosamine-initiated hepatocytes to gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase-positive foci in male rat liverE D Kroese
Division of Toxicology, Sylvius Laboratories, University of Leiden, The Netherlands
Carcinogenesis 9:1953-8. 1988..It is concluded that N-sulfation of N-OH-AAF is responsible for the N-OH-AAF-mediated outgrowth of DEN-initiated hepatocytes to preneoplastic GGT+ foci...
- To use or not to use? Backward equations in stochastic carcinogenesis modelsQ Zheng
Division of Biometry and Risk Assessment, National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, Arkansas 72079, USA
Biometrics 54:384-8. 1998..Advantages and disadvantages of the forward and backward equations are discussed...
- Anticarcinogenic activity of natural sweeteners, cucurbitane glycosides, from Momordica grosvenoriMidori Takasaki
Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Misasagi, Yamashina ku, Kyoto 607 8414, Japan
Cancer Lett 198:37-42. 2003..Further, 11-oxo-mogroside V also exhibited the remarkable inhibitory effect on two-stage carcinogenesis test of mouse skin tumor induced by 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene (DMBA) as an initiator and TPA as a promoter...
- PARK2 deletions occur frequently in sporadic colorectal cancer and accelerate adenoma development in Apc mutant miceGeorge Poulogiannis
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:15145-50. 2010..We conclude that PARK2 is a tumor suppressor gene whose haploinsufficiency cooperates with mutant APC in colorectal carcinogenesis...
- Comparison of chemical carcinogen skin tumor induction efficacy in inbred, mutant, and hybrid strains of mice: morphologic variations of induced tumors and absence of a papillomavirus cocarcinogenJ P Sundberg
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609 1500, USA
Mol Carcinog 20:19-32. 1997..These observations indicate that numerous modifier genes but not papillomaviruses are involved in cutaneous chemical carcinogenesis...
- Manganese superoxide dismutase is a p53-regulated gene that switches cancers between early and advanced stagesSanjit K Dhar
Graduate Center for Toxicology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Cancer Res 71:6684-95. 2011..These findings also provide strong support for the development of means to reactivate p53 for the prevention of tumor progression...
- Potentiating effect of dietary vitamin A on photocarcinogenesis in hairless miceS Mikkelsen
Department of Dermatology, The Finsen Institute, Copenhagen, Denmark
Carcinogenesis 19:663-6. 1998..A possible explanation is that photodecomposition of excessive vitamin A generates short-lived intermediates that may act as photosensitizers during cutaneous carcinogenesis...
- Prevalence of Epstein-Barr virus in oral squamous cell carcinoma, oral lichen planus, and normal oral mucosaLars Peter Sand
Goteborg University, Angelholm Hospital, Goteborg, Angelholm, Sweden
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 93:586-92. 2002..Smoking and alcohol habits are known risk factors for oral cancer development. In this study, the prevalence of EBV in OSCC and OLP was investigated, along with the effect of smoking, alcohol use, and age on EBV prevalence...
- Commentary: induction and selection of variations during cancer developmentEva Jablonka
The Cohn Institute for the History and Philosophy of Science and Ideas, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Int J Epidemiol 35:1163-5. 2006
- Interleukin 6 is essential for in vivo development of B lineage neoplasmsD M Hilbert
Laboratory of Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Exp Med 182:243-8. 1995..These studies define the essential role of IL-6 in the development of B lineage tumors in vivo and provide experimental support for continued efforts to modulate this cytokine in the treatment of appropriate human B cell malignancies...
- Cytogenetic effects caused by phorbol ester tumor promoters in primary mouse keratinocyte cultures: correlation with the convertogenic activity of TPA in multistage skin carcinogenesisR T Petrusevska
Institute of Biochemistry, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg
Carcinogenesis 9:1207-15. 1988..These studies provide for the first time the possibility of differentiating between convertogenic and non-convertogenic tumor promoters in an in vitro assay using the target cells of mouse skin carcinogenesis...
- Space radiation effects and microgravityJ Kiefer
Strahlenzentrum der Justus Liebig Universität, Leihgesterner Weg 217, D 35392, Giessen, Germany
Mutat Res 430:299-305. 1999..The results are reviewed; they show that repair processes are not modified by microgravity...
- Alcohol and esophageal cancer, is there an exaggerated accusation?Faruk Memik
Department of Gastroenterology, Uludag University Medical School, Bursa, Turkey
Hepatogastroenterology 50:1953-5. 2003..Nitrosamines are most likely acting as the promoters in the carcinogenesis of esophagus. It is difficult to explain the importance of alcohol in high-risk areas where most of the people are teetotalers...
- Enhancing effect of cadmium on rat ventral prostate carcinogenesis induced by 3,2'-dimethyl-4-aminobiphenylT Shirai
First Department of Pathology, Nagoya City University Medical School
Jpn J Cancer Res 84:1023-30. 1993..The results indicate that cadmium and DMAB can act synergistically to cause rat prostate carcinogenesis...
- The receptor for advanced glycation end products promotes pancreatic carcinogenesis and accumulation of myeloid-derived suppressor cellsPhilip J Vernon
Department of Surgery, Hillman Cancer Center, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
J Immunol 190:1372-9. 2013..KCR mice also maintained a significantly less suppressive milieu evidenced by marked decreases in CCL22 in relation to CXCL10 and diminished serum levels of IL-6...
- New antitumor promoters: (-)-epigallocatechin gallate and sarcophytols A and BH Fujiki
Cancer Prevention Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Basic Life Sci 52:205-12. 1990..EGCG and sarcophytols showed inhibition of tumor development by chemical carcinogenesis. A possibility of developing these compounds as cancer chemopreventives for human beings is discussed...
- Foreign body sarcoma: effects of foreign DNA, beta-carotene and paprika applied to the implant surfaceS M Lavelle
Department of Experimental Medicine, National University of Ireland, Galway
Technol Health Care 8:357-61. 2000..01) and DNA/DNase mixture (p = 0.04) and DNase fomented tumour growth by 55, 45 and 59% respectively. Paprika and beta-carotene did so by 70% (p = 0.05). The other substances were inert. None were candidates for an anti-sarcoma coating...
- [Peroxisome proliferator activated receptors PPARs: their role in carbohydrate and lipid metabolism]P Andreeva-Gateva
Laboratoire central clinique et lipidologie clinique, Hôpital universitaire Tzaritza Joanna, 34, rue de Partchevich, 1000 Sofia, Bulgarie
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 61:295-303. 2003..PPAR are though to be lipid sensors in organism. Carbohydrate metabolism is also under the control of PPAR and their exogenous ligands, (ie: thiasolidinediones), are important antidiabetic drugs...
- Squamous cutaneous epithelial cell carcinoma in two CML patients with progressive disease under imatinib treatmentGökben Baskaynak
Medizinische Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Hämatologie und Onkologie, Campus Virchow, Charite, Humboldt Universitat Berlin, Germany
Eur J Haematol 70:231-4. 2003..The role of chemotherapy, chronic sun exposure and of possible additional risk factors such as human papillomavirus infection is discussed...
- Possible contribution of indomethacin to the carcinogenicity of nongenotoxic bladder carcinogens that cause bladder calculiHarry A Milman
ToxNetwork com, Rockville, Maryland 20853, USA
Drug Chem Toxicol 30:161-6. 2007....
- Tumor promoting and co-carcinogenic effects in medium-term rat hepatocarcinogenesis are not modified by co-administration of 12 pesticides in mixture at acceptable daily intakeJulio Isael Pérez-Carreón
UMR 1089 Xenobiotiques, Institut INRA ENVT, 180 chemin de Tournefeuille, BP 3, F 31 300 Toulouse, France
Food Chem Toxicol 47:540-6. 2009..Altogether these data contribute to the confidence that the ADI represents a safe intake level to mixture of pesticides at dietary exposure...
- Helicobacter pylori-associated gastric cancer in INS-GAS mice is gender specificJames G Fox
Division of Comparative Medicine, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Cancer Res 63:942-50. 2003..This study highlights the importance of using both genders to investigate the pathogenesis of H. pylori...
- Meta- and pooled analyses of the effects of glutathione S-transferase M1 polymorphisms and smoking on lung cancer riskSimone Benhamou
INSERM U521, EMI 00 06, Evry, France
Carcinogenesis 23:1343-50. 2002..08, 95% CI 0.98-1.18) and no evidence of interaction between GSTM1 genotype and either smoking status or cumulative tobacco consumption...
- The multiple faces of nicotine and its implications in tissue and wound repairJohn W Martin
Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, The Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Albany, NY, USA
Exp Dermatol 18:497-505. 2009..Based on the good and bad sides of nicotine, it is recommended to restrict its utility to local applications...
- INTERACTIONS OF HEAVY METAL IONS WITH THE HUMAN GENOMEMichael Karin; Fiscal Year: 2007..activity is closely linked to tumor promotion, the JNK phosphatase is probably an important mediator of As+3 cocarcinogenesis. It may also be involved in As+3 induced inflammatory disease...
- Tobacco CarcinogenesisStephen Hecht; Fiscal Year: 2005..Steven Tannenbaum (MIT), Dr. Jack Henningfield (Johns Hopkins and Pinney Associates), Drs. Jeffrey Seeman and Anthony Tricker (Philip Morris), and Dr. John Lauterbach (an independent consultant, formerly with Brown and Williamson). ..
- Lung Cancer Chemoprevention: Isothiocyanates, inositolStephen Hecht; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- METABOLISM OF CARCINOGENIC TOBACCO SPECIFIC NITROSAMINESStephen Hecht; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- CARCINOGENIC CYCLIC NITROSAMINE DNA ADDUCTSStephen S Hecht; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed research is significant because of the known human exposure to these carcinogens through the diet, tobacco products, and endogenous formation. ..
- Microecology-murine gut-initiation & progression of IBDJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2005..prior and subsequent to oral vaccination with Helicobacter spp. antigens and mucosal adjuvants, elucidate how these vaccine strategies influence microflora dynamics and impact gut cytokine responses. ..
- IN VIVO PATHOGENESIS OF HELICOBACTER PYLORIJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2009..pylori pathogenesis and specifically evaluate the role of regulatory T cells in limiting H. pylori-induced gastric pathology. ..
- DEVELOPING AND IMPROVING INSTITUTIONAL ANIMAL RESOURCESJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- HUS Pathogenesis & clinical Outcome in an in vivo modelJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will use this model to study the pathogenesis of HUS and importantly to develop therapeutic regimens to prevent and treat EHEC disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Helicobacter induced hepatitis and tumorigenesisJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2009..A more complete understanding of the etiopathogenesis of hepatobiliary disease and hepatocellular carcinoma is likely to result in new strategies for treatment and prevention of these important human diseases. ..
- THE MUTAGENICITY OF MINERAL FIBERSTOM HEI; Fiscal Year: 2006..By using specific DNA probes of other genes that have been regionally mapped to various sites on chromosome 11, the molecular spectrum of mutations induced by either asbestos or glass fiber control will be compared. ..
- Phase III Colon Cancer Prevention TrialFrank Meyskens; Fiscal Year: 2006..The overall goal of our work is to develop safe combinations of chemoprevention agents that can be used in the practice setting and complement current surveillance efforts. ..
- Cohort Study of Genetic Susceptibility to Cutaneous Malignant MelanomaJiali Han; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research will contribute to the scientific basis for identifying individuals at high risk for melanoma and providing individualized risk management strategies. ..
- mTOR Signaling In Chronic Myelogenous LeukemiaHung Fan; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Activation of NF-kB by Human PapillomavirusesCRAIG WOODWORTH; Fiscal Year: 2006..Therefore, our results will provide basic information on how HPV might alter host response to infection. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PATHOGENESIS OF MESENCHYMAL TUMORS INDUCED BY ASBESTOSAgnes Kane; Fiscal Year: 2007..Pharmacologic modulation of persistent inflammation triggered by biopersistent, carcinogenic fibers may provide a new strategy to prevent progression of malignant mesothelioma in exposed populations. ..
- Chemoprevention of Oral Cancer with BBICFrank Meyskens; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Epidemiology of Pancreatic CancerDonghui Li; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such information will be valuable for the primary prevention of this deadly disease. ..
- Genetic Variants in Pigmentation Genes and Skin Cancer RiskJiali Han; Fiscal Year: 2008..This research will contribute to the scientific basis for identifying high-risk individuals for skin cancer and providing individualized risk management strategies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Prospective Study of DNA Repair Gene Variants in Breast CancerJiali Han; Fiscal Year: 2009..This innovative work is essential to advance this field, and it has substantial potential for application to other areas of cancer susceptibility. ..
- Nucleotide Excision Repair Gene Variants and Skin CancerJiali Han; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- A prospective study of diet and adult gliomasDominique Michaud; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study should contribute substantially to our understanding of the relation between diet and the risk of adult gliomas, and might provide opportunities for prevention of this deadly disease. ..
- MECHANISMS OF FIBER CARCINOGENESISTOM HEI; Fiscal Year: 2001..Cytogenetic and molecular alterations at the gene level will be analyzed from tumors and intermediate transformation stages to provide a mechanistic basis for tumor induction by mineral fibers. ..
- MECHANISM(S) OF CHEMICAL LEUKEMOGENESISRichard Irons; Fiscal Year: 2002..A. in specific sub-populations of CD34+ human BM cells. Finally, patterns of gene expression will be correlated with genotype, phenotype and functional clonogenic response in BM cells obtained from patients with MDS or evolving sAML. ..
- Hepatitis Virus, Alcohol Exposure and Oxidative StressManal Hassan; Fiscal Year: 2002..Serum Se, GPx activity, lipid peroxides and oxidative DNA damage will be measured in relation to HCV and alcohol intake history. ..
- POTENTIAL CLINICAL IMPLICATIONS OF CAMP IN NEURAL TUMORSKEDAR PRASAD; Fiscal Year: 2003..We have the experience with all the proposed techniques. Future studies will focus on the regulatory mechanisms for each of the differentiation and cancer genes. ..
- PHTHALOCYANINE PDT--IN VIVO RESPONSES AND MECHANISMSCraig Elmets; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long-term goal of these studies is to generate new knowledge regarding the in vivo mechanisms by which PDT works so that it can be used more effectively to treat cancer. ..
- Molecular Epidemiology and Gene-Environment InteractionZuo Feng Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- IRON AND ESTROGEN INDUCED CARCINOGENESISJOACHIM LIEHR; Fiscal Year: 2001..In future experiments he will extend his findings to understanding the interactions of vitamins A and D with estrogens and iron in the etiology of breast cancer, and extend his hypothesis to prostate cancer. ..
- Tobacco Carcinogen Oral Cancer ModelJoel Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2005..lc. Assessments of membrane (aryl hydrolase) and cytoplasmic phase I and II enzymes. ld. Confirmation of early cellular initiation and promotion events critical to our understanding for prevention of oral cancer. ..
- HUMAN FETAL LIVER GST--HYDROXYNONENAL CONJUGATIONEvan Gallagher; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, this project has important implications in terms of the in utero effects of pro-oxidant drugs or chemicals to which pregnant women are exposed. ..
- INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON NUTRITION AND CANCERKEDAR PRASAD; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proceedings of these conferences were published. The 9th International Conference on Nutrition and Cancer will be held in San Francisco on March 8-10, 2007. ..
- MECHANISMS OF ARSENIC CARCINOGENESISTOM HEI; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- EXPRESSION AND PATHOGENESIS OF MURINE LEUKEMIA VIRUSHung Fan; Fiscal Year: 2005..low expression. Together, these experiments will provide new and important insights into leukemogenesis by MuLVs. ..
- Chemical, Structural, and Superstructural Determinants of Nanocarbon ToxicityAgnes B Kane; Fiscal Year: 2010..Identification of specific chemical and physical properties of nanomaterials responsible for cellular toxicity will enable development of manufacturing methods and post processing steps to eliminate intrinsic toxicity. ..
- IMMUNODERMATOLOGICAL THERAPY OF SKIN CANCERCraig Elmets; Fiscal Year: 2003..The ultimate goal of this proposal is to generate new knowledge that can be used to develop new and better strategies for the control of non-melanoma and melanoma skin cancer. ..
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF JAAGSIEKTE SHEEP RETROVIRUSHung Fan; Fiscal Year: 2003..These experiments will provide insight into JSRV-induced lung cancer in sheep, and possibly into human BAC. ..
- Risk Factors for Molecularly Defined Subgroups of Lymphoma: A Pooled AnalysisBrian Chiu; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project directly responds to the NCI strategic plan for cancer preemption because it can elucidate the etiology of NHL. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetic Variants in Immunological Mediator Genes and Skin Cancer RiskJiali Han; Fiscal Year: 2008..This research will contribute to the scientific basis for identifying individuals at high-risk for skin cancer and providing individualized risk management strategies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 4th International Symposium on Hormonal CarcinogenesisJonathan Li; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Genomic Instability and Etiology of Estrogen OncogenesisJonathan Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Telomere dysfunction, oxidative damage and breast cancer riskJing Shen; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- From the Bench to the BedsidePaula Rieger; Fiscal Year: 2004..To translate molecular biology research so that nurses can utilize this new knowledge in clinical care and practice and can accurately and appropriately communicate the information to cancer patients and their families. ..
- PanAmerican Society for Pigment Cell Research (PASPCR)Frank Meyskens; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- 5th International Symposium on Hormonal CarcinogenesisJonathan Li; Fiscal Year: 2006..Area 4: Hormone Dependency and Independency. e) In prostate, breast and uterine cancer, Session 6. As in the past, a book will be published of the presentations. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..