Genomes and Genes
neoplastic pregnancy complications
Summary: The co-occurrence of pregnancy and NEOPLASMS. The neoplastic disease may precede or follow FERTILIZATION.
Publications216 found, 100 shown here
- Obstetric outcomes after conservative treatment for intraepithelial or early invasive cervical lesions: systematic review and meta-analysisM Kyrgiou
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Central Lancashire Teaching Hospitals, Preston, UK
Lancet 367:489-98. 2006..In a meta-analysis, we investigated the effect of these procedures on subsequent fertility and pregnancy outcomes...
- Breast cancer diagnosed during pregnancy and lactation: biological features and treatment optionsO Gentilini
Department of Breast Surgery, European Institute of Oncology, Via Ripamonti 435, 20141 Milan, Italy
Eur J Surg Oncol 31:232-6. 2005..Assessment of biological features and treatment of patients with breast cancer presenting during pregnancy or lactation...
- Worse survival in breast cancer among women with recent childbirth: results from a Swedish population-based register studyAnna Bladström
Department of Cancer Epidemiology, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Clin Breast Cancer 4:280-5. 2003..The mechanisms behind the poor survival in breast cancer for women with recent childbirth are not known, but we suggest that one explanation might be a lower proportion of hormone receptor-positive tumors...
- Parity, age at first childbirth and the prognosis of primary breast cancerN Kroman
Department of Epidemiology Research, Danish Epidemiology Science Centre, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen
Br J Cancer 78:1529-33. 1998..We speculate whether women who develop breast cancer despite an early first full-term pregnancy might represent a selected group with a more malignant disease...
- Treatment for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia and risk of preterm deliveryLynn Sadler
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Auckland, National Women s Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
JAMA 291:2100-6. 2004..Most studies have lacked sufficient sample size, mixed heterogeneous subtypes of preterm delivery, and failed to control for confounding factors...
- Cause-specific survival for women diagnosed with cancer during pregnancy or lactation: a registry-based cohort studyHanne Stensheim
Cancer Registry of Norway, Oslo, Norway
J Clin Oncol 27:45-51. 2009..To assess if cancers diagnosed during pregnancy or lactation are associated with increased risk of cause-specific death...
- Childbearing and survival after breast carcinoma in young womenBeth A Mueller
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, and Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Cancer 98:1131-40. 2003..The authors measured relative mortality among young patients with breast carcinoma with and without births occurring after diagnosis...
- Treatment of pregnant breast cancer patients and outcomes of children exposed to chemotherapy in uteroKarin M E Hahn
Department of Breast Medical Oncology and Epidemiology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77230 1439, USA
Cancer 107:1219-26. 2006..There are very little prospective data on the treatment of pregnant women with breast cancer with chemotherapy and even less data on the outcomes of their children who were exposed to chemotherapy in utero...
- Pregnancy-associated breast cancer: a literature reviewDawn M Barnes
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan Health System, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, B1 380 Taubman Center Box 0305, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Surg Clin North Am 87:417-30, x. 2007..These women typically present with more advanced disease that carries a poorer prognosis. This article highlights patient care in this population, where aggressive care must be modified to ensure fetal protection...
- Pregnancy-associated breast cancer and metastasisPepper Schedin
AMC Cancer Research Center and Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Cancer Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 6:281-91. 2006..This remodelling, which is associated with pro-inflammatory and wound-healing mechanisms, is proposed to support tumour-cell dissemination. This hypothesis will be discussed...
- Multidisciplinary management of breast cancer concurrent with pregnancyAngela J Keleher
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
J Am Coll Surg 194:54-64. 2002..Above all, the patient with breast cancer diagnosed during pregnancy is best served by early and continued involvement of a multidisciplinary cancer treatment team...
- Pregnancy after breast cancer: population based studyAngela Ives
School of Surgery and Pathology M507, University of Western Australia, Crawley, Western Australia 6009
BMJ 334:194. 2007..To identify women who survived breast cancer and subsequently conceived and to determine the rate of pregnancy (proportion), management, outcome of the cancer, and outcome of the first subsequent pregnancy...
- Cancer in pregnancy: gaps, challenges and solutionsDavid Pereg
Department of Internal Medicine A, Meir Medical Center, Kfar Sava, Israel
Cancer Treat Rev 34:302-12. 2008..In most types of cancer, pregnancy has no effect on maternal prognosis when compared to non-pregnant patients matched by age, cancer stage and treatment...
- Adenocarcinoma of the appendix in pregnancy: a case reportDaniel R Morgan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Jersey Shore Medical Center, Neptune, NJ 07754, USA
J Reprod Med 49:753-5. 2004..Perforation of an adenocarcinoma of the appendix in a pregnant woman is rare and may present as a pelvic mass and acute appendicitis...
- [Ovarian tumors in pregnancy]Jan Dudkiewicz
Katedry i Kliniki Ginekologii S A M w Zabrzu
Ginekol Pol 73:342-5. 2002..The clinical characteristics of pregnancy complicated by ovarian tumors were investigated...
- Paclitaxel and carboplatin chemotherapy administered during pregnancy for advanced epithelial ovarian cancerLuis E Mendez
Division of Gynecological Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Miami School of Medicine Jackson Memorial Medical Center, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Obstet Gynecol 102:1200-2. 2003..Ovarian cancer diagnosed during pregnancy is uncommon. Most chemotherapy use reported has been in combination with cisplatinum. Paclitaxel in combination with carboplatin during pregnancy has not yet been reported...
- Successful completion of pregnancy in a patient with chronic myeloid leukemia without active intervention: a case report and review of the literatureSuzanne Cole
Department of Leukemia, The University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma 9:324-7. 2009....
- Pregnancy outcome after cervical cone excision: a case-control studyKatrine Donvold Sjøborg
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oestfold Hospital Trust, Fredrikstad, Norway
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 86:423-8. 2007..Outcome measures were perinatal mortality, length of gestation, birth weight and preterm premature rupture of membranes (pPROM)...
- Preservation of pregnancy in a patient with advanced ovarian cancer at 20 weeks of gestation: case report and literature reviewM Modares Gilani
Department of Gynecology Oncology, Vali Asr Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Int J Gynecol Cancer 17:1140-3. 2007..Combination chemotherapy during pregnancy with preservation of the fetus could be considered, and should be discussed with caution in case of epithelial ovarian cancer diagnosed during the second trimester of the pregnancy...
- Chemotherapy for breast cancer during pregnancy: an 18-year experience from five London teaching hospitalsAlistair E Ring
Breast Unit, Royal Marsden Hospital, Guy s, King s and St Thomas Cancer Centre, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 23:4192-7. 2005..In this retrospective case series, we describe the experiences of five hospitals in London, United Kingdom, and how they manage this condition...
- Pregnancy after breast cancerS S Upponi
Cambridge Breast Unit, Addenbrooke s Hospital, UK
Eur J Cancer 39:736-41. 2003..This paper also addresses the effects of adjuvant therapy (loco-regional and systemic) on subsequent pregnancy. Introduction of a national registry of these patients may help inform such patients in the future...
- Sclerosing stromal cell tumor of the ovary in pregnancy: a case reportA Gurbuz
Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, Zeynep Kamil Women and Children Diseases Education and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 25:534-5. 2004..Sclerosing stromal tumor is a very rare condition in pregnancy and our case is only the eighth case detected during pregnancy according to the literature...
- Pregnancy outcome of two patients treated with imatinibK Prabhash
Ann Oncol 16:1983-4. 2005
- Effects of pregnancy after treatment for breast carcinoma on survival and risk of recurrenceL Johnetta Blakely
Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 100:465-9. 2004..The goal of the current study was to assess the effect of pregnancy on the subsequent risk of recurrence after treatment for breast carcinoma, adjusting for established prognostic factors...
- Treatment of metastatic breast cancer with trastuzumab and vinorelbine during pregnancyMichelle A Fanale
Department of Lymphoma and Myeloma, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 6:354-6. 2005..Our patient had near complete resolution of her disease and delivered a healthy male infant at 34 weeks of gestation...
- Pregnancy on imatinib: fatal outcome with meningoceleD R Choudhary
Ann Oncol 17:178-9. 2006
- Pregnancy and breast cancerLudger Barthelmes
Breast Unit, Department of Surgery, Royal Gwent Hospital, Newport, Wales NP20 2UB
BMJ 330:1375-8. 2005
- Prognostic influence of pregnancy before, around, and after diagnosis of breast cancerNiels Kroman
Center of Breast and Endocrine Surgery, Rigshospitalet 3104, Copenhagen, Denmark
Breast 12:516-21. 2003..In contrast, there is no evidence that pregnancy after breast cancer treatment has a negative influence on prognosis...
- Mucinous appendicular cystadenocarcinoma during pregnancy. A case reportSahin Zeteroglu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Yuzuncu Yil University, Van, Turkey
J Reprod Med 48:831-3. 2003..Primary appendicular adenocarcinoma is a rare type of appendicular carcinoma. We report mucinous appendicular adenocarcinoma during pregnancy. To our knowledge, this is the third reported case...
- Pregnancy and breast cancer: a population-based studyW Reed
Department of Pathology, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, University of Oslo, Norway
Virchows Arch 443:44-50. 2003..Tumour size, lymph-node status, histological grade, progesterone receptor, oestrogen receptor and c-erbB-2 were significant prognostic factors in the pregnancy-associated breast-cancer patients...
- Adnexal masses in pregnancyR H M Hermans
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Maastricht University Medical Center, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Onkologie 26:167-72. 2003..Moreover, spillage of malignant cysts is hazardous for the patient...
- Mucinous appendicular cystadenocarcinoma and pregnancyJ L Gallo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Montril General Hospital, Granada, Spain
Am J Perinatol 18:155-7. 2001..Given the exceptionally low incidence tumors co-existing with pregnancy, we recommend a careful and complete appendix examination during cesarean and postpartum sterilization, and subsequent removal of tumors should they exist...
- Chemotherapy during pregnancy: what is really safe?Fedro Peccatori
Division of Hematology Oncology, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Lancet Oncol 5:398. 2004
- Herceptin (trastuzumab) therapy during pregnancy: association with reversible anhydramniosWilliam J Watson
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Obstet Gynecol 105:642-3. 2005..There is no reported experience with use of this agent during pregnancy and possible effects on the fetus...
- Breast carcinoma in pregnant women: assessment of clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical featuresLavinia P Middleton
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, PO Box 85, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer 98:1055-60. 2003..However, very few contemporary studies have attempted to identify the combined histopathologic and immunohistochemical features of breast carcinoma in these patients...
- Breast carcinoma during pregnancy. International recommendations from an expert meetingSibylle Loibl
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, J W Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Cancer 106:237-46. 2006..Breast carcinoma during pregnancy (BCP) is a difficult clinical situation, as it appears to put the health of the mother in conflict with that of the fetus...
- [Gynecological cancers and pregnancy: the point of view of the oncology gynecologist]Philippe Morice
Institut Gustave Roussy, 39, rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif
Bull Cancer 89:765-71. 2002..But such management needs to be determined in a multidisciplinary staff with oncologists, neonatologists, obstetricians but also the point of view of the patient...
- Breast cancer in pregnancyP Eedarapalli
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Poole Hospital NHS Trust, Poole, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 26:1-4. 2006..In the absence of a standardised protocol for management, this review focuses on the issues of diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer in pregnancy. Relevant current literature using Medline search strategy was examined...
- Primary ovarian tumor undergoing surgical management during pregnancyTsutomu Takeuchi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
J Nippon Med Sch 69:39-42. 2002..1%, while it was 0% (p<0.05) in the pregnant group. Ovarian tumors including ovarian malignancies were significantly more frequently diagnosed with no symptoms in the pregnant group than in the non-pregnant group...
- Ovarian carcinoma associated with pregnancy: a clinicopathologic analysis of 23 cases and review of the literatureNadereh Behtash
Gynecologic Oncology Fellowship from Tehran University Of Medical Science, Shahid Sadoughi University of Medical Science, Shahid Sadoughi Hospital, Yazd, Iran
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 8:3. 2008..The aim of this study was to analyze and describe cases of ovarian cancer in pregnant women treated at our center and to review the literature concerned, and to discuss the rationale for therapy...
- The effects of imatinib on pregnancy outcomeSeonaid M Pye
Department of Haematology, Division of Investigative Science, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
Blood 111:5505-8. 2008..It appears that although most pregnancies exposed to imatinib are likely to have a successful outcome, there remains a risk that exposure may result in serious fetal malformations...
- Fertility and tumor recurrence rate after conservative laparoscopic management of young women with early-stage borderline ovarian tumorsR Seracchioli
Center for Reconstructive Pelvic Endosurgery, Reproductive Medicine Unit, S Orsola Hospital, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Fertil Steril 76:999-1004. 2001....
- Pregnancy associated breast cancerM Garcia-Manero
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, University of Navarra, Pamplona 31008, Spain
Eur J Surg Oncol 35:215-8. 2009..We report the epidemiology, pathology, clinical picture, therapeutic management and foetal outcome of pregnant women with breast cancer treated in our institution...
- Evidence of poorer survival in pregnancy-associated breast cancerAnne O Rodriguez
University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA, USA
Obstet Gynecol 112:71-8. 2008..To compare stage distribution, tumor characteristics, and survival outcome in pregnancy-associated and non-pregnancy-associated breast cancer, and to evaluate pregnancy as a risk factor for mortality in breast cancer...
- Pregnancy and post-partum breast cancer: a prospective studyCarole Mathelin
Hospices Civils, Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, F 67091 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Anticancer Res 28:2447-52. 2008..There are few prospective data on pregnancy-associated breast cancer (PABC) whose incidence continuously increases...
- Effect of pregnancy on overall survival after the diagnosis of early-stage breast cancerS Gelber
International Breast Cancer Study Group and the Department of Biostatistical Science, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:1671-5. 2001..To evaluate the impact of subsequent pregnancy on the prognosis of patients with early breast cancer...
- Pregnancy-associated breast cancer: a case-control study in a young population with a high-fertility rateE M Ibrahim
Department of Oncology, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Med Oncol 17:293-300. 2000..Despite that this series included a relatively young population with a high fertility rate, the study confirmed the lack of a survival difference between patients with PABC and their matched controls...
- Precancerous changes in the cervix and risk of subsequent preterm birthR F Lamont
BJOG 114:775-6; author reply 776-7. 2007
- Survival of breast cancer patients diagnosed during pregnancy or lactationS Tretli
Cancer Registry of Norway, Institute for Epidemiological Cancer Research, Oslo
Br J Cancer 58:382-4. 1988..Only 3 out of 20 survived more than 4 years. The tendency of a worse prognosis for the lactation group than for the control group was, however, not significant...
- Pregnancy among patients with chronic myeloid leukemia treated with imatinibPatricia Ault
Department of Leukemia, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:1204-8. 2006..Imatinib has potential teratogenicity in animals, but the effect of exposure to imatinib during conception and pregnancy in humans is not known...
- [Ovarian tumors in pregnancy in the material of the Department of Gynecology and Oncology Collegium Medicum of Jagiellonian University in Cracow]Kazimierz Pitynski
Katedry i Kliniki Ginekologii i Onkologii Collegium Medicum Uniwersytetu Jagiellońskiego
Ginekol Pol 73:371-5. 2002..Although ovarian tumors are rare in pregnancy, they constitute a real diagnostic and therapeutic challenge...
- Docetaxel administered during pregnancy for inflammatory breast carcinomaYago Nieto
Department of Medical Oncology, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Clin Breast Cancer 6:533-4. 2006..After delivery of a healthy child, she underwent surgery, which showed tumor downstaging to pT0 N2, followed by radiation therapy and hormone therapy. This report suggests the safety of docetaxel after the first trimester of pregnancy...
- Pregnancies, breast-feeding, and breast cancer risk in the International BRCA1/2 Carrier Cohort Study (IBCCS)Nadine Andrieu
INSERM, Emi00 06, Service de Biostatistique, Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:535-44. 2006..Because mammary gland cells divide and differentiate during pregnancy, reproductive factors may influence breast cancer risk in BRCA1/2 mutation carriers differently than they do in noncarriers...
- Acute abdomen in pregnancy due to mucinous cystadenoma of the appendixR G Casey
Department of General Surgery, Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Drogheda, Co Louth, Ireland
J Obstet Gynaecol 23:566-7. 2003
- Adjuvant chemotherapy in a pregnant woman with endodermal sinus tumor of the ovaryMakoto Motegi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Obstet Gynecol 109:537-40. 2007..The administration of chemotherapeutic drugs during pregnancy is rare. We describe a case of malignant ovarian tumor complicating pregnancy...
- Urologic malignancies in pregnancyFrances M Martin
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center, 800 Rose Street, Room MS 283, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Urol Clin North Am 34:53-9. 2007..Evaluation and treatment of tumors of the adrenal gland, kidney, ureter, bladder, and urethra are reviewed based upon stage and type of tumor and stage of pregnancy...
- Good pregnancy outcome after prenatal exposure to bleomycin, etoposide and cisplatin for ovarian immature teratoma: a case report and literature reviewMojgan Karimi Zarchi
Gynecologic Oncology Department, Vali e Asr Hospital, Imam Khomeini Hospital Complex, Keshavarz Boulevard, Tehran, Iran
Arch Gynecol Obstet 277:75-8. 2008..The administration of bleomycin plus etoposide and cisplatin during pregnancy is rare...
- Chemotherapy for ovarian mucinous cystadenocarcinoma during pregnancy: a case reportH P Huang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital, Taiwan Republic of China
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 25:635-6. 2004....
- Combined chemotherapy and teratogenicityGiorgio Adriano Paskulin
Disciplina de Genética Clínica e Programa de Pós Graduação em Patologia, Fundacao Faculdade Federal de Ciencias Medicas de Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 73:634-7. 2005..These associations have not been previously described...
- Adjuvant breast cancer chemotherapy during late-trimester pregnancy: not quite a standard of careRichard J Epstein
Division of Haematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
BMC Cancer 7:92. 2007..To assess the evidence for this radical change in thinking, a review of relevant studies in the fields of breast cancer chemotherapy, pregnancy, and drug safety was conducted...
- Ovarian cancer in pregnancy: a clinicopathologic analysis of 22 cases and review of the literatureX Y Zhao
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Peking Union Medical College, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, People s Republic of China 100730
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:8-15. 2006..Chemotherapy is not contraindicated during the second or third trimester, but the choice of couple must be considered...
- Evolutive peritoneal disease after conservative management and the use of infertility drugs in a patient with stage IIIC borderline micro-papillary serous carcinoma (MPSC) of the ovary: case reportErkut Attar
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Istanbul University, School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Hum Reprod 19:1472-5. 2004..Fertility-sparing surgery is an option for young, childless women who would like to preserve their fertility. However, the treatment must be taken very cautiously and requires rigorous surveillance...
- Ovarian cancer during pregnancy: analysis of 15 casesFrancisco Machado
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hospital Virgen de la Arrixaca, Murcia, Spain
Gynecol Oncol 105:446-50. 2007..Our goal was to analyze and describe cases of ovarian cancer in pregnant women treated at our hospital...
- [Cancer and pregnancy: the medical oncologist's point of view]P Pautier
Service de Gynecologie, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 33:S23-8. 2004..The long-term risks of cancer on the mother's subsequent fertility or the child's intellectual development are not well-known. Such factors must be examined in prospective studies and registered in a specific database...
- The prognostic impact of hormone receptors and c-erbB-2 in pregnancy-associated breast cancer and their correlation with BRCA1 and cell cycle modulatorsWenche Reed
Department of Pathology, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, University of Oslo, Norway
Int J Surg Pathol 11:65-74. 2003..In conclusion, pregnancy-associated breast carcinomas are aggressive tumors, with low expression of hormone receptors, BRCA1, p27, and cyclin E and D1, and high expression of c-erbB-2...
- [Cancer and Pregnancy: the point of view of the obstetrician]Emmanuelle Mathieu
Service de Gynecologie, d obstétrique et de biologie de la reproduction, Hopital Tenon, 4, rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris
Bull Cancer 89:758-64. 2002..The obstetrician must take these risks into account...
- Breast cancer in pregnancy: a literature reviewJunda C Woo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Arch Surg 138:91-8; discussion 99. 2003..Breast cancer in pregnancy will increase as more women postpone childbearing until later in life...
- Management and outcome of pregnancies complicated with adnexal massesNutun Agarwal
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Arch Gynecol Obstet 267:148-52. 2003..Ultrasound was unable to distinguish malignant cases. Pregnancy outcome was poorer if surgical intervention was done after >24 weeks and that, too, was done as emergency surgery...
- Magnetic resonance imaging of pregnancy luteomaHsin Kai Wang
Department of Radiology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Comput Assist Tomogr 27:155-7. 2003..The MR findings were similar to those of other cystic tumors or tumor-like lesions of the ovary...
- Delivery outcomes following loop electrosurgical excision procedure for microinvasive (FIGO stage IA1) cervical cancerEvangelos Paraskevaidis
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ioannina University Hospital, Greece
Gynecol Oncol 86:10-3. 2002....
- Ovarian carcinoma associated with pregnancy. A review of 9 casesMohammad Sayedur Rahman
Department of Obstetrics, University of Garyounis, Benghazi, Libya
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 81:260-4. 2002..The purpose of this study was to review patients with ovarian cancer in pregnancy, the effectiveness of the available methods of treatment and their prognosis...
- Paclitaxel and platinum chemotherapy for ovarian carcinoma during pregnancyA K Sood
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Gynecol Oncol 83:599-600. 2001..Ovarian cancer diagnosed during pregnancy is uncommon. Paclitaxel-based chemotherapy during pregnancy has not been reported previously...
- Ovarian disorders of pregnancyR Joshi
Section of Diabetes and Metabolism, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, USA
Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 24:153-69. 1995..Rarely, an acute abdomen can result from hemorrhage or torsion of the mass. Because most of the entities regress spontaneously following delivery, a conservative management approach that includes preserving the ovaries is warranted...
- Ovarian endodermal sinus tumor associated with pregnancy: review of the literatureS M Farahmand
Department of Pathology, State University of New York, Buffalo 14203
Gynecol Oncol 41:156-60. 1991..This report is the 10th case of endodermal sinus tumor associated with pregnancy and also reviews the previous literature regarding the subject...
- Combined chemotherapy and radiotherapy during conception and first two trimesters of gestation in a woman with metastatic breast cancerCharalampos Andreadis
3rd Department of Clinical Oncology, Theagenion Cancer Hospital of Thessaloniki, 540 07 Thessaloniki, Greece
Gynecol Oncol 95:252-5. 2004..The literature of anthracycline treatment during conception and the first trimester is reviewed. The effects of tamoxifen and biphosphonate therapy on the fetus during pregnancy are also discussed...
- Outcome of pregnancies in women with uterine leiomyomas identified by sonography in the first trimesterC B Benson
Department of Radiology, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women's Hospital, 75 Francis Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Ultrasound 29:261-4. 2001..The loss rate is higher in patients with multiple fibroids than with a single fibroid. The cesarean-section rate is also higher in patients with fibroids than in patients with a normal uterus...
- Successful pregnancy following both endometrial ablation and uterine artery embolizationMeghan Foote
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Akron General Medical Center, Akron, Ohio 44307, USA
Fertil Steril 88:1676.e15-7. 2007..To present a description of the management of a pregnancy in a woman who had undergone endometrial ablation and uterine artery embolization for fibroids...
- [The incidence of uterine leiomyomas in pregnancy and their influence upon its course]Barbara Bałoniak
Kliniki Perinatologii Katedry Perinatologii i Ginekologii Akademii Medycznej im K Marcinkowskiego w Poznaniu
Ginekol Pol 73:260-5. 2002..The objective of the study was to assess the incidence of the uterine myomas during pregnancy and their influence upon the pregnancy...
- Chemotherapeutic treatment of a pregnant patient with ovarian dysgerminomaMichael Hubalek
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Innsbruck Medical University, Anichstrasse 35, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Arch Gynecol Obstet 276:179-83. 2007..Diagnosis of malignant ovarian tumours during pregnancy is uncommon. This report presents a case of a pregnant woman with ovarian dysgerminoma...
- Uterine leiomyomas and their effect on in vitro fertilization outcome: a retrospective studyS H Jun
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Assist Reprod Genet 18:139-43. 2001..Therefore, in patients with normal uterine cavities and fibroids less than a certain size (i.e., < 7 cm), undergoing myomectomies as a prerequisite for assisted reproduction treatment is seriously questionable...
- [The pregnancy and delivery course with pregnant women with uterine myomas]Zoulikha Jabiry-Zieniewicz
I Katedry I Kliniki Połoznictwa i Ginekologii Akademii Medycznej w Warszawie
Ginekol Pol 73:271-5. 2002..OBJECTIVES, DESIGN: The pregnancy and delivery course with pregnant women with uterine myomas was analyzed...
- [Co-existence of myoma uteri and pregnancy]Beata Królikowska
II Kliniki Połoznictwa i Chorób Kobiecych Akademii Medycznej w Gdańsku, kierownik Kliniki
Ginekol Pol 73:280-3. 2002..Myomas of uterus are the most common mild tumours of uterus. There is often observed the rapid increase of them during the pregnancy and then they could caused complications from 0.3% to 2.6% of pregnancies...
- [Myomas and pregnancy--obstetrics dilemma of the next decade?]Karina Kulikowska-Ciecielag
I Kliniki Instytutu Połoznictwa i Chorób Kobiecych Akademii Medycznej w Gdańsku
Ginekol Pol 73:284-7. 2002..This article describes the most frequent reasons, complications and appropriate treatment of pregnancy with uterine myomas and pregnancy after the myomectomy...
- [Leiomyomas in pregnancy]Teresa Pajszczyk-Kieszkiewicz
Kliniki Patologii Ciazy IGP AM w Łodzi
Ginekol Pol 73:291-6. 2002..The problem of leiomyomas founded in pregnancy is reported...
- Burkitt's lymphoma of the ovary in pregnancyLissa K Magloire
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Obstet Gynecol 108:743-5. 2006..Burkitt's lymphoma is a rapidly growing and, if untreated, rapidly fatal tumor derived from B-lymphocytes. The occurrence of Burkitt's lymphoma during pregnancy is rare...
- Ovarian cyst, cervical cyst or fundal fibroidD D'SOUZA
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, South Warwickshire NHS Trust, Warwick, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 26:576-7. 2006
- Advanced lung cancer presenting with a generalized seizure in pregnancyAnni Innamaa
Queens Medical Center, Nottingham, UK
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 85:1148-9. 2006
- [The incidence of ovarian tumors in the third trimester of pregnancy]Krzystof Drews
Ginekol Pol 73:337-41. 2002..Benign cyst teratoma was diagnosed in 26.9%, cystis simplex in 21.2%, fibroma in 15.4%, endometriosis and luteal cyst every in 9.6%. There were two cases of malignant tumors, both diagnosed earlier: dysgerminoma and adenocarcinoma...
- Treatment of breast cancer with trastuzumab during pregnancyShubham Pant
J Clin Oncol 26:1567-9. 2008
- [Morphologic pattern of uterine myomas enucleated at cesarean section]Barbara Bałoniak
Kliniki Perinatologii Katedry Perinatologii i Ginekologii Akademii Medycznej w Poznaniu
Ginekol Pol 73:255-9. 2002..MATERIAL ET METHODS: 101 women had myomectomies performed at cesarean delivery during the period studied. (0.89% of all cesarean sections). We reviewed the pathology on the all specimens...
- [Leukemic reaction in the course of uterine myoma and urinary tract infection in pregnancy]Jadwiga Nowicka
Klinika Hematologii, Nowotworów Krwi i Transplantacji Szpiku, AM, Wrocławiu
Ginekol Pol 75:874-8. 2004..This leukaemic reaction was caused by inflammatory process in the myoma uteri and the urinary tract...
- Expectant management of uterine incarceration from an anterior uterine myoma: a case reportCarl H Rose
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street, SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Reprod Med 53:65-6. 2008..Except for preexisting uterine retroversion, often this event is idiopathic...
- Early pregnancy uninterrupted by laparoscopic bipolar coagulation of uterine vesselsYi Jen Chen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Veterans General Hospital Taipei, 201, Section 2, Shin Pai Road, Taipei 11217, Taiwan
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 9:79-83. 2002..The intrauterine pregnancy was terminated at the woman's request. Pregnancy may be possible after LBCUV, although none has been reported...
- Myomectomy during the first and second trimester of pregnancyM Bonito
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, S Pietro Fatebenefratelli Hospital, Rome, Italy
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 34:149-50. 2007..Three patients of five (60%) underwent spontaneous delivery while the other two patients (40%) had cesarean section. Myomectomy during pregnancy, when necessary, is proving highly effective today...
- A patient with bilateral pheochromocytoma as part of a Von Hippel-Lindau (VHL) syndrome type 2CJennifer M J Schreinemakers
Dept of Surgery, University Medical Center Utrecht, Heidelberglaan 100, 3584CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
World J Surg Oncol 5:112. 2007..It proved to be the first manifestation of bilateral pheochromocytomas. The family history may indicate the diagnosis, but only identification of a germ line mutation in the DNA of a patient will confirm carriership...
- Vaginal removal of prolapsed pedunculated submucosal myoma during pregnancyFuat Demirci
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Duzce University of Medicine, Duzce, Turkey
Adv Ther 24:903-6. 2007..The procedure described here is simple and quick and can be performed during pregnancy, if necessary...
- Caesarean myomectomy in Aba, southeastern NigeriaChisara C Umezurike
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Nigerian Christian Hospital, Aba, Nigeria
Trop Doct 38:189-90. 2008
- Trastuzumab use for metastatic breast cancer in pregnancyRenuka Sekar
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medical and Health Science, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Obstet Gynecol 110:507-10. 2007..Trastuzumab is approved for first-line treatment for breast cancer in combination with docetaxel for stage 2 tumors positive for human epidermal growth factor receptor 2. The effects of trastuzumab on the fetus are mostly unknown...
- Myomectomy as a pregnancy-preserving option in the carefully selected patientU Hasbargen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Fetal Diagn Ther 17:101-3. 2002..To present the indications for myomectomy during pregnancy and to discuss complications possibly related and unrelated to the procedure...
- [Placental metastasis of breast cancer]E Ben Brahim
Service d'Anatomie et Cytologie Pathologiques, Institut Salah Azaiez, 1006 Bab Saadoun, Tunis, Tunisie
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 29:545-8. 2001..The diagnosis is made by histologic examination. Placental metastases are associated with bad prognosis for the mother. The foetus is usually free of tumours when the metastases are limited to the intervillous space...
- Chemotherapy for a patient with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer during pregnancy: a case report and a review of chemotherapy treatment during pregnancyP A Jänne
Department of Adult Oncology, Lowe Center for Thoracic Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
Oncology 61:175-83. 2001..Lung cancer arising during pregnancy is rare and has been reported only 15 times since the 1950s. However, the use of chemotherapy for lung cancer during pregnancy has not previously been reported...
- PREGNANCY OUTCOME AFTER TREATMENT OF CERVICAL DYSPLASIALynn Sadler; Fiscal Year: 2001..Outcome of the first >/= 20 week pregnancy following diagnosis will be compared for 535 treated women and 535 women not requiring treatment, using multiple logistic and linear regression models to control for confounding. ..
- Varenicline and Smoking Cessation in SchizophreniaSEYYED HOSSEIN FATEMI; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such outcomes will be significant, because they will offer a new treatment for smoking cessation in this vulnerable population. ..
- Gene-Environment Factors in Childhood Brain TumorsBeth Mueller; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Diaphragmatic Transplantation for Muscular DystrophyG Patterson; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- LUNG PRESERVATION FOR TRANSPLANTATIONG Patterson; Fiscal Year: 2006..The first aim of this project is to examine the role of NF-KappaB activation in I/R injury. The second aim of this project is to investigate the mechanisms by which gene transfer of IL-10 ameliorates I/R injury. ..
- Mentored Research in Ovarian CancerMichael Seiden; Fiscal Year: 2006..The P.l.'s dual role as a clinical research director and laboratory P.I. provides fertile opportunity for translation between the clinic and the laboratory. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- WIH/Brown Epidemiology/Clinical Trials Training ProgramLori Boardman; Fiscal Year: 2006..This multidisciplinary program will provide a new cadre of ob/gyn investigators who will further the scientific database in reproductive health. ..
- Strategies Against HPV Related Genital Diseases in WomenBradley Monk; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is expected that Dr. Monk will have obtained extramural funding for both his laboratory and clinical studies by the end of the period of support requested. ..
- Case-Control Study of Head Injury in Relation to Ski He*Beth Mueller; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract not provided ..
- Mentored Investigator Award in Women's HealthLori Boardman; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Exploring Gene-Environment Factors in Child Brain TumorsBeth Mueller; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Endocrine Status of MG Stroma Alters Breast CA InvasionPepper Schedin; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Use of Water Quality Surveillance Data in Epidemiologic*Beth Mueller; Fiscal Year: 2003..These methods may also be applicable to environmental databases with other types of exposures, or for examining other exposures (like pesticides) within drinking water surveillance databases. ..
- Smoking During Pregnancy and Breast CancerBeth Mueller; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Prenatal Virally Induced Brain Disorder in MouseSEYYED FATEMI; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, it is expected that the results will provide clues that will lead to fundamental advances in our knowledge of the pathogenesis of schizophrenia and, therefore, of how it can be prevented and treated. ..