Genomes and Genes
Summary: A rare malignant neoplasm characterized by rapidly proliferating, extensively infiltrating, anaplastic cells derived from blood vessels and lining irregular blood-filled or lumpy spaces. (Stedman, 25th ed)
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications271 found, 100 shown here
- AngiosarcomaRobin J Young
Academic Unit of Surgical Oncology, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Lancet Oncol 11:983-91. 2010..In this review we discuss angiosarcoma and its current management, with a focus on clinical trials investigating the treatment of advanced disease...
- Primary pleural angiosarcoma as a mimicker of mesothelioma: a case report **VS**Yu Chien Kao
Department of Pathology, Wan Fang Hospital, Taipei Medical University, Taiwan
Diagn Pathol 6:130. 2011..We report the case of a 49-year-old male patient with primary pleural angiosarcoma, who presented with initial hemothorax, followed by a rapid progress to an inoperable status...
- Inhibiting the VEGF-VEGFR pathway in angiosarcoma, epithelioid hemangioendothelioma, and hemangiopericytoma/solitary fibrous tumorMin S Park
Department of Sarcoma Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Curr Opin Oncol 22:351-5. 2010..Therapeutic agents that target this pathway are reviewed...
- Gene expression profiling identifies inflammation and angiogenesis as distinguishing features of canine hemangiosarcomaBeth A Tamburini
Integrated Department of Immunology, University of Colorado, Denver, School of Medicine, Denver, CO, USA
BMC Cancer 10:619. 2010The etiology of hemangiosarcoma remains incompletely understood. Its common occurrence in dogs suggests predisposing factors favor its development in this species...
- The co-expression of cytokeratin and p63 in epithelioid angiosarcoma of the parotid gland: a diagnostic pitfallXu Yong Lin
Department of Pathology, The First Affiliated Hospital and College of Basic Medical Sciences, China Medical University, Shenyang, 110001, China
Diagn Pathol 7:118. 2012..Virtual slides: The virtual slide(s) for this article can be found here: http://www.diagnosticpathology.diagnomx.eu/vs/6548916707504750...
- Gene expression profiles of sporadic canine hemangiosarcoma are uniquely associated with breedBeth A Tamburini
Integrated Department of Immunology, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, Colorado, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e5549. 2009..complementary approach using gene expression profiling in a naturally occurring endothelial sarcoma of dogs (hemangiosarcoma)...
- Transformation of chicken cells by the gene encoding the catalytic subunit of PI 3-kinaseH W Chang
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Science 276:1848-50. 1997..CEFs transformed with either gene showed elevated levels of phosphatidylinositol 3,4-bisphosphate and phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate and activation of Akt kinase...
- Splenic angiosarcoma: a clinicopathologic and immunophenotypic study of 28 casesT S Neuhauser
Department of Hematopathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC, USA
Mod Pathol 13:978-87. 2000..The majority of splenic angiosarcomas coexpress histiocytic and endothelial markers by immunohistochemical analysis, which suggest that some tumors may originate from splenic lining cells...
- Expression of Fli-1, a nuclear transcription factor, distinguishes vascular neoplasms from potential mimicsA L Folpe
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 25:1061-6. 2001..As the first nuclear, rather than cytoplasmic or membranous marker of endothelium, Fli-1 immunostaining also generally lacks cytoplasmic staining artifacts that are the result of endogenous peroxidases or biotin...
- Postradiation angiosarcoma of the small intestine: a case report and review of literatureMaria Luisa C Policarpio-Nicolas
Department of Pathology, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 10:301-5. 2006..The correct diagnosis of PRA depends upon histomorphologic identification of vascular differentiation, coupled with immunohistochemical expression of endothelial-related markers...
- Treatment with DAV for advanced-stage hemangiosarcoma in dogsNikolaos G Dervisis
Center for Comparative Oncology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, USA
J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 47:170-8. 2011b>Hemangiosarcoma (HSA) is an aggressive disease that is fairly common in the dog. The authors evaluated a doxorubicin, dacarbazine, and vincristine (DAV) combination protocol in dogs with nonresectable stage II and stage III HSA...
- A 14-year retrospective review of angiosarcoma: clinical characteristics, prognostic factors, and treatment outcomes with surgery and chemotherapyMatthew G Fury
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021 6007, USA
Cancer J 11:241-7. 2005..Characteristics at presentation and prognostic factors are reviewed. For patients with unresectable disease, progression-free survival with various chemotherapy regimens is described...
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy-specific and overall treatment outcomes in patients with cutaneous angiosarcoma of the face with periorbital involvementSheri L Demartelaere
Section of Ophthalmology, Department of Head and Neck Surgery, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Head Neck 30:639-46. 2008..The goal of this report was to investigate the overall treatment outcomes and the neoadjuvant chemotherapy-specific outcomes in patients with cutaneous angiosarcoma of the face with periorbital involvement...
- Rapidly progressive metastatic multicentric epithelioid angiosarcoma of the small bowel: a case report and a review of literatureJaspreet S Grewal
Department of Internal Medicine, St Joseph Mercy Hospital, Reichert Health Center, 5333 McAuley Drive, Suite 3009, Ann Arbor, MI 48106 0995, USA
Int J Colorectal Dis 23:745-56. 2008..Angiosarcoma is a rare high-grade neoplasm that frequently involves the skin and subcutaneous tissue. Rarely, angiosarcoma can occur in the gastrointestinal tract where it frequently exhibits multicentric epithelioid morphology...
- Angiosarcoma of the eyelid: a clinicopathologic comparison between isolated unilateral tumors and tumors demonstrating extrapalpebral involvementJohn A Papalas
Departments of Pathology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 32:694-9. 2010..When extrapalpebral involvement is ruled out by clinical and radiographic examination, patients with isolated involvement seem to fare better compared with patients with eyelid involvement secondary to more regionally extensive tumors...
- The VEGF-system in primary pulmonary angiosarcomas and haemangioendotheliomas: new potential therapeutic targets?Elvira Stacher
Department of Pathology, Medical University of Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 25, Graz 8036, Austria
Lung Cancer 65:49-55. 2009..The observed positivity for the factors of the VEGF-signalling pathway points towards a possible new therapeutic option in the therapy of pulmonary vascular tumors by a blockade of the ligands or their receptors...
- MDM-2 oncoprotein overexpression, p53 gene mutation, and VEGF up-regulation in angiosarcomasC Zietz
Department of Pathology, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Munchen, Federal Republic of Germany
Am J Pathol 153:1425-33. 1998..This may be a key event in the pathogenesis of human angiosarcomas. The increased VEGF expression observed supports this hypothesis...
- β-Adrenergic receptor expression in vascular tumorsKaren M Chisholm
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Mod Pathol 25:1446-51. 2012..Additional study is warranted, as therapeutic options are limited for some patients with these lesions...
- An open-label, multicenter, phase II study of bevacizumab for the treatment of angiosarcoma and epithelioid hemangioendotheliomasM Agulnik
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago 60611, USA
Ann Oncol 24:257-63. 2013..To determine efficacy and safety of bevacizumab, a recombinant humanized antibody against vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), in the treatment of metastatic or locally advanced angiosarcoma and epithelioid hemangioendotheliomas...
- The role of hypoxia in 2-butoxyethanol-induced hemangiosarcomaDaphna Laifenfeld
Genstruct, Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02140, USA
Toxicol Sci 113:254-66. 2010..would result in local tissue hypoxia, a well-documented trigger for endothelial cell proliferation leading to hemangiosarcoma. Gene expression data from bone marrow (BM), liver, and spleen of mice exposed to a single dose (4 h) or ..
- Docetaxel: a therapeutic option in the treatment of cutaneous angiosarcoma: report of 9 patientsTohru Nagano
Division of Dermatology, Department of Clinical Molecular Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Cancer 110:648-51. 2007..However, there were only 3 case reports of the successful treatment of AS in elderly patients using docetaxel in combination with surgery and radiotherapy...
- Changing clinical presentation of angiosarcomas after breast cancer: from late tumors in edematous arms to earlier tumors on the thoracic wallEmelie Styring
Department of Orthopedics, Lund University Hospital, 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Breast Cancer Res Treat 122:883-7. 2010..We conclude that the clinical presentation of angiosarcomas has changed, parallel with altered treatment principles for breast cancer...
- Historical cohort study of 10 109 men in the North American vinyl chloride industry, 1942-72: update of cancer mortality to 31 December 1995K A Mundt
Applied Epidemiology, PO Box 2424, Amherst, MA 01004, USA
Occup Environ Med 57:774-81. 2000..Previous analyses indicated associations between employment in vinyl production and increased mortality risk from cancers of the liver and biliary tract, due to increased mortality from angiosarcoma of the liver, and brain cancer...
- Cutaneous angiosarcoma of the scalp: a multidisciplinary approachTimothy M Pawlik
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Cancer 98:1716-26. 2003..Angiosarcoma is a malignant tumor of vascular endothelial cells that arises in the head and neck. It is a rare, difficult to treat, and lethal tumor...
- Establishment of a human hemangiosarcoma cell line (ISO-HAS)M Masuzawa
Department of Dermatology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
Int J Cancer 81:305-8. 1999A cell line (ISO-HAS) has been established from tumor tissue of a human hemangiosarcoma arising on the scalp by the use of conditioned medium from a murine-phenotypic angiosarcoma cell line (ISOS-1)...
- Oral and salivary gland angiosarcoma: a clinicopathologic study of 29 casesJulie C Fanburg-Smith
Department of Soft Tissue, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC 20306, USA
Mod Pathol 16:263-71. 2003....
- MYC high level gene amplification is a distinctive feature of angiosarcomas after irradiation or chronic lymphedemaJohanna Manner
Institute of Pathology, Division of Surgical Oncology and Thoracic Surgery, University Medical Centre Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, D 68135 Mannheim, Germany
Am J Pathol 176:34-9. 2010..This finding may have implications both for the diagnosis and treatment of these tumors...
- Consistent MYC and FLT4 gene amplification in radiation-induced angiosarcoma but not in other radiation-associated atypical vascular lesionsTianhua Guo
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 50:25-33. 2011..Secondary genetic hits, such as FLT4 gene coamplification or KDR mutations, may play a role in tumor progression as well as potential therapeutic targeting...
- Pulmonary artery sarcoma with angiosarcoma phenotype mimicking pleomorphic malignant fibrous histiocytoma: a case reportOlga L Bohn
Department of Pathology, Christus Mugerza UPAEP University Hospital, Puebla, 72000, Mexico
Diagn Pathol 7:154. 2012..Intravascular angiosarcomas are aggressive neoplasms, often associated with poor outcome...
- Angiosarcoma after conservation treatment for breast carcinoma: our experience and a review of the literatureJanos Fodor
Department of Radiotherapy, National Institute of Oncology, Budapest, Hungary
J Am Acad Dermatol 54:499-504. 2006..As shown by a review of the literature, angiosarcomas are often resistant to surgery, chemotherapy, and radiotherapy, and targeted therapy against tumor biological properties may be a new approach to angiosarcoma treatment...
- Angiosarcomas, a heterogeneous group of sarcomas with specific behavior depending on primary site: a retrospective study of 161 casesJ Fayette
Hospices Civils de Lyon, Universite Lyon 1, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Oncologie Médicale, Pavillon E, Lyon, France
Ann Oncol 18:2030-6. 2007..Angiosarcomas are rare, heterogeneous and a retrospective study was conducted to describe their natural history...
- Mutations of phosphatase and tensin homolog deleted from chromosome 10 in canine hemangiosarcomaE B Dickerson
Department of Medical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA
Vet Pathol 42:618-32. 2005..that could contribute to the origin or progression of naturally occurring canine endothelial tumors (hemangiosarcoma)...
- Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor, basic fibroblast growth factor, and their receptors (flt-1, flk-1, and flg-1) in canine vascular tumorsK Yonemaru
Laboratory of Veterinary Pathology, Department of Veterinary Medicine, Faculty of Applied Biological Sciences, Gifu University, 1 1 Yanagido, Gifu 501 1193, Japan
Vet Pathol 43:971-80. 2006..growth factor (VEGF), its receptors (flt-1 and flk-1), and basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) in canine hemangiosarcoma (HSA) and hemangiomas was investigated by immunohistochemical analysis...
- Plasma vascular endothelial growth factor concentrations in healthy dogs and dogs with hemangiosarcomaC A Clifford
University of Pennsylvania, Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Department of Clinical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
J Vet Intern Med 15:131-5. 2001..This study compared plasma VEGF concentrations in healthy client-owned dogs (n = 17) to dogs with hemangiosarcoma (HSA; n 16)...
- Autocrine and paracrine roles of VEGF/VEGFR-2 and VEGF-C/VEGFR-3 signaling in angiosarcomas of the scalp and faceWataru Tokuyama
Department of Pathology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 228 8555, Japan
Hum Pathol 41:407-14. 2010..These results suggest that not only VEGFR-2-mediated signal but also VEGFR-3-mediated signal may contribute to proliferation of vascular tumor cells as autocrine and paracrine signaling factors...
- Angiosarcoma involving the gastrointestinal tract: a series of primary and metastatic casesKimberly H Allison
Department of Anatomic Pathology, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 28:298-307. 2004..Immunohistochemistry with vascular markers, CK20, and S-100 protein may be helpful in differentiating angiosarcoma from carcinoma and melanoma...
- Primary angiosarcoma of the ovary with prominent fibrosis of the ovarian stroma. Case report of an 81-year old patientHans Bösmüller
Department of Pathology, Krankenhaus Barmherzige Schwestern Linz, Austria
Diagn Pathol 6:65. 2011..Most reports refer to younger individuals, aged from 7 to 46 years, and only 2 case reports could be found for patients older than 64 years. Here we present a very unusual case of angiosarcoma in a 81-year-old patient...
- Risk of angiosarcoma following breast conservation: a clinical alertJohn G West
Breast Care Center, Cordelia Knott Center for Wellness, Orange, California 92868, USA
Breast J 11:115-23. 2005....
- A retrospective study of visceral and nonvisceral hemangiosarcoma and hemangiomas in domestic animalsPatricia C Schultheiss
Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
J Vet Diagn Invest 16:522-6. 2004Cases of hemangiosarcoma submitted to the Colorado State University Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory during a 6-year period were reviewed...
- Angiosarcoma of the oral cavityTadashi Terada
Department of Pathology, Shizuoka City Shimizu Hospital, Shimizu ku, Shizuoka, Japan
Head Neck Pathol 5:67-70. 2011..The Ki-67 labeling was 46%. The lymphoid tissue in the tumor was positive for CD20, CD45, CD45RO, and CD10. A pathological diagnosis of angiosarcoma was made. No metastatic lesions are found now. Radical operation is planned now...
- Angiosarcoma of the breast: a clinicopathologic analysis of cases from the last 10 yearsXiao Yun Wang
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 13:147-50. 2009..Rosen's method for grading breast angiosarcoma is easy to implement and correlates well with clinical outcome. There are no distinct clinical or histologic differences between primary and postradiation breast angiosarcomas...
- KDR activating mutations in human angiosarcomas are sensitive to specific kinase inhibitorsCristina R Antonescu
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer, New York, New York 10065, USA
Cancer Res 69:7175-9. 2009..These data provide a basis for the activity of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-directed therapy in the treatment of primary and radiation-induced AS...
- Angiosarcoma of the spleen clinically presenting as metastatic ovarian cancer. A case report and review of the literatureJose R Valbuena
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 4095, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 9:289-92. 2005..However, histopathologic examination of the specimen showed the tumor to be of a primary angiosarcoma. We believe that the lengthy exposure to radiation may have played a role in the histopathogenesis of this neoplasm in this patient...
- Cutaneous angiosarcoma as a delayed complication of radiation therapy for carcinoma of the breastJaggi Rao
Division of Dermatology and Cutaneous Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
J Am Acad Dermatol 49:532-8. 2003..Treatment should be aggressive and include local surgery with consideration of adjuvant systemic chemotherapy...
- Long-term outcomes in patients with radiation-associated angiosarcomas of the breast following surgery and radiotherapy for breast cancerKeila E Torres
Department of Surgical Oncology, UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 20:1267-74. 2013..Therefore, we sought to identify clinicopathologic factors associated with local and distant recurrence and disease-specific survival (DSS)...
- Radiation therapy for angiosarcomaJon R Ward
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Florida Health Science Center, 2000 SW Archer Rd, Gainesville, Florida 32608, USA
Head Neck 25:873-8. 2003..Between 1964 and 1998, 19 patients with histologically proven angiosarcoma were treated with curative intent with radiation therapy...
- Chylous ascites secondary to small-bowel angiosarcomaAmanda Selk
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pathology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ont
Can J Surg 47:383-4. 2004
- Angiosarcoma: state of the art and perspectivesNicolas Penel
EORTC Headquarters, Belgium
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 80:257-63. 2011..Biological evidences for the key role of angiogentic factors have been accumulated during the last years and support the further investigation of anti-angiogenetic agents alone and almost combination with chemotherapy in such disease...
- [Rupture of the spleen in angiosarcoma: a case report and review of the literature]Roberto Sivelli
Clinica Chirurgica Generale e dei Trapianti d Organo Università degli Studi di Parma
Chir Ital 57:377-80. 2005..It is important to perform a splenectomy before splenic rupture owing to its negative impact on long-term survival...
- Left ventricular outflow tract obstruction secondary to hemangiosarcoma in a dogMaria Josefa Fernández-del Palacio
Hospital Clinico Veterinario, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Murcia, Spain
J Vet Intern Med 20:687-90. 2006
- Epidemiological and pathological characteristics of cardiac tumors: a clinical study of 242 casesKun Yu
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Extracorporeal Circulation and Anatomic Pathology, Cardiovascular Institute and Fuwai Hospital, CAMS and PUMS, Beijing 100037, China
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 6:636-9. 2007..This study, using a relatively large sample, reveals the clinical incidences and pathological characteristics of various cardiac tumors in the Chinese population...
- Alterations of the p53 and PIK3CA/AKT/mTOR pathways in angiosarcomas: a pattern distinct from other sarcomas with complex genomicsAntoine Italiano
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
Cancer 118:5878-87. 2012..The scale of genetic abnormalities in these pathways remains unknown in angiosarcoma (AS)...
- Continuous low-dose oral chemotherapy for adjuvant therapy of splenic hemangiosarcoma in dogsSusan Lana
Animal Cancer Center, Department of Clinical Sciences, Colorado State University, Ft Collins, 80523, USA
J Vet Intern Med 21:764-9. 2007b>Hemangiosarcoma (HSA) is a highly metastatic and often rapidly fatal tumor in dogs. At present, conventional adjuvant chemotherapy provides only a modest survival benefit for treated dogs...
- Cutaneous angiosarcomaWilliam M Mendenhall
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 29:524-8. 2006..To discuss the treatment and outcomes for cutaneous angiosarcoma...
- Intimal angiosarcoma of the aorta with tumour embolisation causing mesenteric ischaemia. Report of a case diagnosed using CD31 immunohistochemistry in an intestinal resection specimenC Santonja
Department of Pathology, Hospital Universitario de Getafe, Carretera de Toledo, km 12 5 Getafe E 28905, Madrid, Spain
Virchows Arch 438:404-7. 2001..This case emphasises the need for a wide panel of immunohistochemical antibodies when tumour emboli of unknown origin are under study...
- Expression of platelet-derived growth factor and its receptors in spontaneous canine hemangiosarcoma and cutaneous hemangiomaS Abou Asa
Laboratory of Veterinary Pathology, Faculty of Applied Biological Sciences, Gifu University, Gifu, Japan
Histol Histopathol 27:601-7. 2012b>Hemangiosarcoma (HSA) is a malignant neoplasia of vascular endothelial cells (ECs)...
- Survival times in dogs with right atrial hemangiosarcoma treated by means of surgical resection with or without adjuvant chemotherapy: 23 cases (1986-2000)Chick Weisse
Section of Small Animal Surgery, Department of Clinical Studies Philadelphia, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6010, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 226:575-9. 2005To determine survival times in dogs with right atrial hemangiosarcoma treated by means of pericardectomy and tumor resection, with or without adjuvant chemotherapy, and identify complications associated with treatment.
- Immunohistochemical analysis of ocular hemangiomas and hemangiosarcomas in dogsHeather L Chandler
The Ohio State University, College of Optometry, 320 West 10th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Vet Ophthalmol 12:83-90. 2009..To determine if molecular markers typically associated with ultraviolet exposure could be detected in canine ocular hemangiomas (HA) and hemangiosarcomas (HSA)...
- Angiosarcomas of the breast: a review of 70 casesNicole C Hodgson
Juravinski Cancer Centre, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario
Am J Clin Oncol 30:570-3. 2007..As more women undergo breast-conserving therapy, the incidence can be expected to increase. The objective of this study was to review breast angiosarcomas diagnosed from 1981 to 2000 from our state cancer registry...
- Therapy insight: malignant primary cardiac tumorsMichael J Reardon
Methodist DeBakey Heart Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med 3:548-53. 2006..Surgical resection of this sarcoma type often requires pneumonectomy and can require pulmonary root replacement...
- Cutaneous angiosarcoma: a case series with prognostic correlationMichael B Morgan
Department of Pathology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 50:867-74. 2004..Cutaneous angiosarcoma (CA) is a rare and aggressive endothelial-derived sarcoma. Few large studies have examined the clinicopathologic and prognostic attributes of CA...
- Secondary intracranial neoplasia in the dog: 177 cases (1986-2003)J M Snyder
Department of Clinical Studies, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Vet Intern Med 22:172-7. 2008..This study investigates the frequency, location, and clinical findings associated with 177 secondary brain tumors in dogs...
- Small-bowel hemangiosarcoma and capsule endoscopyF K Knop
Dept of Gastrointestinal Surgery K, H S Bispebjerg Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Endoscopy 35:637. 2003
- Small intestinal angiosarcoma leading to perforation and acute abdomen: a case report and review of the literatureKatalin Kelemen
Arkadi M Rywlin Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Medical Center, Miami Beach, FL 33140, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 128:95-8. 2004..A broad panel of immunochemical markers might be necessary to establish the pathologic diagnosis...
- Angiosarcoma: a study of 98 cases with immunohistochemical evaluation of TLE3, a recently described marker of potential taxane responsivenessWonwoo Shon
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
J Cutan Pathol 38:961-6. 2011..Our study confirms the poor prognosis of angiosarcoma. Vasoformative angiosarcoma may have a more favorable prognosis. A lack of TLE3 expression in cutaneous angiosarcoma may reflect differing pathogenesis...
- Hemangiosarcoma of the adrenal glands: CT findings in two casesF Ferrozzi
Istituto di Scienze Radiologiche, , Viale Gramsci, 14, Parma, Italy I-43100
Abdom Imaging 26:336-9. 2001..A prospective diagnosis cannot be made by imaging alone, and pathology represents the discriminating method for a correct diagnosis...
- Potent inhibition of hemangiosarcoma development in mice by cidofovirS Liekens
Rega Institute for Medical Research, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Minderbroederstraat 10, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Int J Cancer 92:161-7. 2001..afforded a prominent protection against the growth of intraperitoneally or intracerebrally inoculated hemangiosarcoma cells in SCID mice...
- Small bowel intussusception caused by intestinal angiosarcomatosis: usefulness of MR enteroclysis with infusion of water through a nasojejunal catheterShoichi Ogawa
Department of Radiology, Juntendo University Urayasu Hospital, 2 1 1, Tomioka, Urayasu, Chiba 279 0021, Japan
Eur Radiol 12:534-6. 2002..We report a case of intestinal angiosarcomatosis manifesting as jejuno-jejunal intussusception...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-3 (VEGFR-3): a marker of vascular tumors with presumed lymphatic differentiation, including Kaposi's sarcoma, kaposiform and Dabska-type hemangioendotheliomas, and a subset of angiosarcomasA L Folpe
Department of Pathology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Mod Pathol 13:180-5. 2000..However, the expression of VEGFR-3 by certain AS having Kaposi-like areas, a prominent lymphocytic infiltrate, or hobnail endothelium may define subset(s) having phenotypic, if not pathogenetic and biologic, differences...
- Angiosarcoma, radiation-associated angiosarcoma, and atypical vascular lesionDavid R Lucas
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 133:1804-9. 2009..Recently, vascular-type atypical vascular lesion, which resembles hemangioma, has been described, thus expanding the definition of this entity...
- Concurrent splenic and right atrial mass at presentation in dogs with HSA: a retrospective studySarah E Boston
Department of Clinical Studies, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON, Canada
J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 47:336-41. 2011The objective of this retrospective study was to evaluate the presence of concurrent splenic and cardiac hemangiosarcoma (HSA)...
- Vascular soft-tissue sarcomas. An analysis of tumor-related mortalityM S Karpeh
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021
Arch Surg 126:1474-81. 1991..The survival of these patients depends on complete surgical resection and is independent of individual histologic characteristics of the tumor...
- Angiosarcoma of the small intestineA Mohammed
Department of Pathology, Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, Zaria, Nigeria
Ann Afr Med 10:246-8. 2011..It presented in a 25-year-old woman with multiple dissemination and rapid fatality. Diagnosis was based on histological morphology using Hematoxylin and Eosin (H and E) stains, plus reticulin special stain to outline the vascular nature...
- Radiation-associated angiosarcoma after breast cancer: high recurrence rate and poor survival despite surgical treatment with R0 resectionJojanneke M Seinen
Department of Surgical Oncology, University of Groningen University Medical Center, Groningen, The Netherlands
Ann Surg Oncol 19:2700-6. 2012..We characterized a population-based cohort of patients with secondary angiosarcomas from two tertiary hospitals to investigate this complication with respect to surgical treatment and outcome...
- Management of angiosarcomaG Thomas Budd
Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, R35, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Curr Oncol Rep 4:515-9. 2002..One logical strategy is to investigate antiangiogenic therapies in this endothelial tumor. Improved therapy for this tumor will come only with greater understanding of its biology...
- Efficacy of Tie2 receptor antagonism in angiosarcomaJason R Hasenstein
Department of Human Oncology, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, USA
Neoplasia 14:131-40. 2012..These data identify Tie2 antagonism as a potential novel, targeted therapy for angiosarcomas and provide a foundation for further investigation of Tie2 inhibition, alone and in combinations, in the management of this disease...
- Haploinsufficiency of the genes encoding the tumor suppressor Pten predisposes zebrafish to hemangiosarcomaSuma Choorapoikayil
Hubrecht Institute KNAW and University Medical Center, CT, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Dis Model Mech 5:241-7. 2012..A single tumor was identified in 42 ptena(-/-)ptenb(+/-) fish and was also diagnosed as hemangiosarcoma. Immunohistochemistry indicated that the tumor cells in ptena(+/-)ptenb(-/-) and ptena(-/-)ptenb(+/-) fish ..
- Ruptured angiosarcoma of the liver treated by emergency catheter-directed embolizationChristine Leowardi
Department of Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 110, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
World J Gastroenterol 12:804-8. 2006..Here, we report a case of a patient with a ruptured hepatic angiosarcoma which was treated by emergency catheter-directed embolization, followed by left-sided hemihepatectomy...
- Hepatic angiosarcoma manifested as recurrent hemoperitoneumSeung Woo Lee
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Dae Jeon St Mary s Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea, 520 2 Dae Heung Dong, Joong Gu, Dae Jeon, Seoul 301 723, Korea
World J Gastroenterol 14:2935-8. 2008..Although hepatic angiosarcoma usually presents with unspecific symptoms, it rapidly progresses and has a high mortality. We report a rare case of primary hepatic angiosarcoma manifested as recurrent hemoperitoneum...
- The risk of angiosarcoma following primary breast cancerW Cozen
University of Southern California School of Medicine, Department of Preventive Medicine, Los Angeles 90033, USA
Br J Cancer 81:532-6. 1999..9-152.8). A strong increase in risk after breast cancer was also observed for angiosarcoma of the chest and breast (OR = 11.6, 95% CI = 4.3-26.1) and for other sarcomas of the chest and breast (OR = 3.3, 95% CI = 1.1-1.7)...
- Epithelioid haemangiosarcoma of the thyroid gland. Report of six cases from a non-Alpine regionA Ryska
Department of Pathology, Charles University Medical Faculty Hospital, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Histopathology 44:40-6. 2004..To report a series of six cases of thyroid haemangiosarcoma (HAS) from a non-Alpine region...
- Differential expression of active mitogen-activated protein kinase in cutaneous endothelial neoplasms: implications for biologic behavior and response to therapyJ L Arbiser
Department of Dermatology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 44:193-7. 2001..Activation of mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) is an important signal transduction mechanism that may predict response of a tumor to chemotherapy...
- [Postirradiation angiosarcoma of the breast]Gergely Vertse
Fovárosi Onkormányzat Károlyi Sándor Kórház és Rendelointézet Altalános Sebészeti Osztály 1041 Budapest Nyár u 103
Magy Seb 63:164-7. 2010..Only radical surgical intervention can provide successful treatment. Authors present a case of a 56-y-old woman who underwent BCT and radiotherapy. 10 years later secondary AS occurred in the remaining breast...
- Angiosarcoma: clinical and molecular insightsGuy Lahat
Department of Surgical Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Ann Surg 251:1098-106. 2010..We sought to evaluate AS natural history in the largest patient cohort reported to date and further unravel commonly deregulated molecular events of potential therapeutic utility...
- [Angiosarcoma as a rare differential diagnosis in spontaneous rupture of the spleen]A Maier
Klinik und Poliklinik für Chirurgie, Universitat Regensburg
Chirurg 75:70-4. 2004..Due to the small number of reported cases, there are no guidelines for adjuvant or palliative therapy, and up to today all adjuvant means of radiotherapy and chemotherapy have not improved the prognosis of the patients...
- Angiosarcoma in a pregnant woman presenting with pericardial tamponade--a case report and review of the literatureNassir A Azimi
Yale University School of Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Angiology 57:251-7. 2006..They review the literature involving pericardial disease in pregnancy and discuss important issues in management and include a discussion of angiosarcoma...
- In vitro effects of the tyrosine kinase inhibitor, masitinib mesylate, on canine hemangiosarcoma cell linesS E Lyles
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Vet Comp Oncol 10:223-35. 2012This study evaluated the in vitro activity of masitinib mesylate against canine hemangiosarcoma (HSA) cell lines after treatment with increasing concentrations of masitinib mesylate (0.01-100 µM) for 24, 48 and 72 h...
- Angiosarcoma of the thyroidPetra Kalitova
Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, 1st Faculty of Medicine, Faculty Hospital Motol, Charles University, V Uvalu 84, 150 06, Prague 5, Czech Republic
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 266:903-5. 2009b>Hemangiosarcoma of the thyroid gland is a very rare entity. The therapy of this tumor is difficult because of its locally aggressive and destructive behavior with a high recurrence rate...
- Evaluation of recombinant interleukin-2 immunotherapy for human hemangiosarcoma in a SCID mice model (WB-SCID)M Masuzawa
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, Kitasato University, Sagamihara shi, Kanagawa ken 228 8555, Japan
J Dermatol Sci 27:88-94. 2001We treated the patients with cutaneous hemangiosarcoma with recombinant interleukin-2 (rIL-2) immunotherapy that showed clear therapeutic effects. This immunotherapy is popular for the treatment of hemangiosarcoma in Japan...
- SVR angiosarcomas can be rejected by CD4 costimulation dependent and CD8 costimulation independent pathwaysJack L Arbiser
Department of Dermatology, Emory University School of Medicine, and Veterans Administration Medical Center, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Mol Med 8:551-8. 2002..We wished to determine whether virally- induced endothelial tumors are rejected by CD4 and CD8 lymphocytes, and whether there are differences in requirements for costimulation in the rejection of these tumors by lymphocyte subsets...
- Spleen rupture due to primary angiosarcoma: a case reportIoannis M Koutelidakis
2nd Department of Surgery, Aristoteles University of Thessaloniki, G Gennimatas General Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
J Gastrointest Cancer 38:74-7. 2007..Splenectomy prior to rupture seems to have a positive impact on long-term survival...
- Fatal poorly differentiated angiosarcoma of the scalpTadashi Terada
Department of Pathology, Shizuoka City Shimizu Hospital, Shizuoka 424 8636, Japan
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 3:541-4. 2010..Chemoradiation and immunotherapy were performed. However, the tumor recurred several times, and ultimately metastasized to the systemic bones and lungs. The patient died of systemic carcinomatosis 33 months after the first manifestation...
- Dedifferentiated liposarcoma of the oral cavity with angiosarcomatous dedifferentiationIsabela Werneck da Cunha
Department of Pathology, Centro de Tratamento e Pesquisa, Hospital do Cancer, A C Camargo, R Prof Antônio Prudente 211, Liberdade, 01509 900, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Virchows Arch 446:456-9. 2005..Divergent differentiation might also occur. To the best of our knowledge, there are only nine cases of dedifferentiated liposarcoma of the oral cavity, none of which show an angiosarcomatous dedifferentiation...
- Significance of the expression of phosphorylated signal transducer and activator of transcription-3, -Akt, and -cyclin D1 in angiosarcomaNengxing Lin
J Dermatol Sci 48:64-6. 2007
- Pulmonary artery angiosarcoma: a clinicopathologic and radiological correlationLei Huo
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 9:209-14. 2005..The tumor cells were positive for CD31 and vimentin and negative for pan-cytokeratin, CD34, and S100. Two months after surgery, the patient was alive and well...
- Efficacy and toxicity of a dose-intensified doxorubicin protocol in canine hemangiosarcomaKarin U Sorenmo
Department of Clinical Studies, Matthew J Ryan Veterinary Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 3900 Delancey Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Vet Intern Med 18:209-13. 2004..was to evaluate the efficacy and toxicity of a single-agent, dose-intensified doxorubicin protocol in canine hemangiosarcoma (HSA). Canine HSA is a highly malignant tumor, and most affected dogs die within 6 months of diagnosis...
- Angiosarcoma in FNA smears: diagnostic accuracy, morphology, immunocytochemistry and differential diagnosesZ Pohar-Marinsek
Department of Cytopathology, Institute of Oncology, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Cytopathology 21:311-9. 2010..The aim of our study was to analyse the diagnostic accuracy in recognizing angiosarcoma from fine needle aspiration (FNA) samples and to determine morphological features of angiosarcoma in cytology...
- Laparoscopic splenectomy for treatment of splenic hemangiosarcoma in a dogFabien Collard
Faculté de médecine vétérinaire de l Université de Montréal, Saint Hyacinthe, Canada
Vet Surg 39:870-2. 2010..To report laparoscopic splenectomy in a dog...
- Angiosarcoma after breast-conserving therapy: long-term outcomes with hyperfractionated radiotherapyManisha Palta
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0385, USA
Cancer 116:1872-8. 2010..The current study was conducted to report the long-term outcomes of a novel approach using hyperfractionated and accelerated radiotherapy (HART) for angiosarcoma developing after BCT...
- A rare case of thyroid haemangiosarcomaPaolo Del Rio
Department of Surgical Science, Unit of General Surgery and Organ Transplantation, University of Parma, Via Gramsci, 14, 43100 Parma
Chir Ital 59:747-9. 2007..We present a case of epithelioid haemangiosarcoma in an elderly woman from outside the Alpine region with a contralateral papillary cancer treated by total thyroidectomy. The prognosis is poor and case reports are rare...
- Establishment of canine hemangiosarcoma xenograft models expressing endothelial growth factors, their receptors, and angiogenesis-associated homeobox genesAtsushi Kodama
Laboratory of Veterinary Pathology, Department of Veterinary Medicine, Gifu University, Gifu, Japan
BMC Cancer 9:363. 2009Human hemangiosarcoma (HSA) tends to have a poor prognosis; its tumorigenesis has not been elucidated, as there is a dearth of HSA clinical specimens and no experimental model for HSA...
- Muscular Dystrophy Cooperative Research CenterJeffrey Chamberlain; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, Core C (T Bird) is a genetic counseling core for patients and families with muscular dystrophy that will also allow increased participation of patients in studies of a variety of types of muscular dystrophy. ..
- Skin Manifestations of Tuberous SclerosisJack Arbiser; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific Aim 3. To determine whether dysregulation of p16ink4a and PTCH (patched) acts as a modifier of theTS phenotype in transgenic mice expressing dominant negative tuberin. ..
- TRANSGLUTAMINASE PROMOTES CPPD DISEASE IN AGING JOINTSAnn Rosenthal; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will contribute to our understanding of CPPD deposition disease, so that effective therapies for this common and disabling form of arthritis can be designed. ..
- Measure Validation and RCT- Dog Bone Cancer Pain ModelDorothy Brown; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- STI571 Therapy for Gastrointestinal Stromal TumorsRonald DeMatteo; Fiscal Year: 2002..The results are essential to advance our understanding of GIST biology and determine the therapeutic value and limitations of STI571. ..
- DYSTROPHIN REPLACEMENT IN MDX MICEJeffrey Chamberlain; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will provide new insights into both the structure of dystrophin and the mechanisms of dystrophic cell death and will help advance the development of gene therapy. ..
- Natural Killer Dendritic Cells in Listeria InfectionRonald DeMatteo; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Matrix proteins promote matrix vesicle mineralizationAnn Rosenthal; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ultimate goal of this work is to understand the pathogenesis of calcium crystal formation in articular cartilage, so that specific therapies for this disabling disease can be designed. ..
- Functional and Tissue Specific Effects of VHL MutationsWENDY RATHMELL; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..