Genomes and Genes
Summary: A neoplasm derived from blood vessels, characterized by numerous prominent endothelial cells that occur singly, in aggregates, and as the lining of congeries of vascular tubes or channels. Hemangioendotheliomas are relatively rare and are of intermediate malignancy (between benign hemangiomas and conventional angiosarcomas). They affect men and women about equally and rarely develop in childhood. (From Stedman, 25th ed; Holland et al., Cancer Medicine, 3d ed, p1866)
Publications203 found, 100 shown here
- Infantile hepatic hemangioendothelioma with elevated serum alpha-fetoproteinNeriman Sari
Hacettepe University, Institute of Oncology, Department of Pediatric Oncology, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 23:639-47. 2006Infantile hemangioendothelioma is the most common hepatic vascular tumor in infants less than 6 months of age, with a prevalence of 1%...
- Hypervascular multifocal hepatoblastoma: dynamic gadolinium-enhanced MRI findings indistinguishable from infantile hemangioendotheliomaMacy Lu
Department of Medical Imaging, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Pediatr Radiol 37:587-91. 2007..report we describe a neonate with multifocal hypervascular hepatoblastoma indistinguishable from infantile hemangioendothelioma on dynamic gadolinium-enhanced MRI...
- β-Adrenergic receptor expression in vascular tumorsKaren M Chisholm
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Mod Pathol 25:1446-51. 2012..Absent to weak expression of all three receptors was seen in glomus tumor, hobnail hemangioendothelioma, pyogenic granuloma, and reactive vascular proliferations...
- Kaposiform hemangioendothelioma with Kasabach-Merritt syndrome: a new indication for propranolol treatmentDenise Josephina Johanna Hermans
Department of Dermatology, Radboud University Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 33:e171-3. 2011Kaposiform hemangioendothelioma is a rare vascular tumor in children. Especially, in association with the Kasabach-Merritt Phenomenon it can be life threatening...
- Nox-4-dependent nuclear H2O2 drives DNA oxidation resulting in 8-OHdG as urinary biomarker and hemangioendothelioma formationGayle Gordillo
Division of Plastic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Davis Heart Lung Research Institute, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43212, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 12:933-43. 2010..In a murine model of hemangioendothelioma, we previously showed that MCP-1 is required for its development and that the expression of MCP-1 in EOMA ..
- Congenital composite hemangioendothelioma: case report and reappraisal of the hemangioendothelioma spectrumJorge S Reis-Filho
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology, University of Porto IPATIMUP, Portugal
J Cutan Pathol 29:226-31. 2002Composite hemangioendothelioma is the most recently described entity of the hemangioendothelioma (HE) spectrum. To the best of our knowledge, only eight cases of this entity have been hitherto described...
- Retiform hemangioendothelioma: a case report and review of the literatureDongfeng Tan
Department of Pathology and Cancer Genetics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
J Cutan Pathol 32:634-7. 2005Retiform hemangioendothelioma (RH) is a rare, recently described vascular neoplasm of low malignant potential.
- Mediastinal and neck kaposiform hemangioendothelioma: report of three casesGráinne M O'Regan
Department of Paediatric Dermatology, National Maternity Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Pediatr Dermatol 26:331-7. 2009Kaposiform hemangioendothelioma is an aggressive vascular tumor, named for its striking histologic resemblance to Kaposi sarcoma and locally invasive growth...
- Retiform hemangioendothelioma with lymph node metastasis: a rare entityBhawna Bhutoria
Department of Pathology, N R S Medical College, 138 AJC Bose Road, Kolkata 700 014, India
Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 75:60-2. 2009Retiform hemangioendothelioma (RH) is a rare, recently described, unique kind of low grade angiosarcoma. The tumor is characterized by distinctive arborizing blood vessels that mimic the appearance of rete testis...
- Kaposiform hemangioendothelioma with Kasabach-Merritt phenomenon: successful treatment with embolization and vincristine in two newbornsRicardo Garcia-Monaco
Vascular Anomalies Center, Hospital Italiano, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Vasc Interv Radiol 23:417-22. 2012Kaposiform hemangioendothelioma (KHE) is a rare vascular tumor and has a high mortality in newborns when associated with Kasabach-Merritt syndrome (KMS)...
- A case of retiform-hemangioendothelioma with unusual presentation and aggressive clinical featuresGuiying Zhang
Department of Dermatology, The Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 3:528-33. 2010Retiform hemangioendothelioma (RH) is an extremely rare low-grade angiosarcoma mainly involving the skin and subcutaneous tissue. Clinically patients often present with an asymptomatic slow-growing solitary nodular or plaque-like lesion...
- HemangioendotheliomaLuis Requena
Department of Dermatology, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Universidad Autonoma, Madrid, Spain
Semin Diagn Pathol 30:29-44. 2013b>Hemangioendothelioma is the term used to name those vascular neoplasms that show a borderline biological behavior, intermediate between entirely benign hemangiomas and highly malignant angiosarcomas...
- Pseudomyogenic hemangioendothelioma: a distinctive, often multicentric tumor with indolent behaviorJason L Hornick
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 35:190-201. 2011..Although the precise nosologic status of this tumor type is uncertain, we propose the interim designation "pseudomyogenic hemangioendothelioma."
- Successful treatment of retroperitoneal infantile hemangioendothelioma with Kasabach-Merritt syndrome using steroid, alpha-interferon, and vincristineHoi Soo Yoon
Department of Pediatrics, Kyung Hee University Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 31:952-4. 2009Infantile hemangioendothelioma (IHE) is a rare benign vascular tumor with potentially life-threatening complications. Various therapeutic options have been recommended according to the site, extent, and behavior of the IHE...
- Targeting of beta adrenergic receptors results in therapeutic efficacy against models of hemangioendothelioma and angiosarcomaJessica M Stiles
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Paul L Foster School of Medicine, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, El Paso, TX, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e60021. 2013..Using a panel of hemangioendothelioma and angiosarcoma cell lines, we demonstrate that beta adrenergic inhibition blocks cell proliferation and ..
- Efficacy and safety of propranolol in the treatment of parotid hemangiomaPaulo Morais
Department of Dermatovenereology, Hospital S Joao, EPE, University of Porto, Faculty of Medicine, Porto, Portugal
Cutan Ocul Toxicol 30:245-8. 2011..Additionally, hepatic ultrasonography revealed a hemangioendothelioma located at right lobe...
- Variable response to propranolol treatment of kaposiform hemangioendothelioma, tufted angioma, and Kasabach-Merritt phenomenonYvonne E Chiu
Department of Dermatology, Division of Pediatric Dermatology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 59:934-8. 2012Propranolol is a non-selective beta-adrenergic antagonist successfully used in a case of kaposiform hemangioendothelioma (KHE) associated with Kasabach-Merritt phenomenon (KMP)...
- Treatment of hepatic epithelioid hemangioendothelioma: a single-institution experience with 25 casesJon Cardinal
Thomas E Starzl Transplantation Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Arch Surg 144:1035-9. 2009To examine treatment of hepatic epithelioid hemangioendothelioma (EHE), a rare vascular tumor with a variable course. Treatment modalities at our institution include liver resection, transplantation, and catheter-based therapies.
- Long-term outcomes following liver transplantation for hepatic hemangioendothelioma: the UNOS experience from 1987 to 2005Joel A Rodriguez
Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, 1709 Dryden, Suite 15 37, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 12:110-6. 2008Hepatic hemangioendothelioma (HEH) is a vascular neoplasm with intermediate malignant potential. Outcomes after liver transplantation have only been reported as small, single-institution experiences...
- [Malignant epithelioid hemangioendothelioma of the liver. Results of surgical treatment strategies]J M Langrehr
Klinik fUr Allgemein, Viszeral und Transplantationschirurgie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin
Chirurg 76:1161-7. 2005Malignant epithelioid hemangioendothelioma is a rare vascular tumor described mostly in soft tissue, lungs, or liver...
- Successful management of Kaposiform hemangioendothelioma with Kasabach-Merritt phenomenon using vincristine and ticlopidineVeronica Lopez
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Pediatr Dermatol 26:365-6. 2009Kaposiform hemangioendothelioma is a rare locally aggressive vascular tumor that usually occurs in skin and retroperitoneum of infants and young children...
- Masson's vegetant hemangioendothelioma: case report and literature reviewMichael R Stoffman
Department of Neurosurgery, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
J Neurooncol 61:17-22. 2003Masson's vegetant intravascular hemangioendothelioma has only been reported intracranially in 12 patients. The pathological diagnosis is important given its benign natural history...
- Successful treatment of kaposiform hemangioendothelioma and tufted angioma with vincristineFarzan Fahrtash
Department of Pediatrics and Child Health, The University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 32:506-10. 2010Kaposiform hemangioendothelioma (KHE) and tufted angioma (TA) are rare, locally aggressive vascular tumors. Although currently classified as separate entities, they are becoming increasingly recognized as a spectrum of the same pathology...
- Estrogen and progesterone receptors in lymphangioleiomyomatosis, epithelioid hemangioendothelioma, and sclerosing hemangioma of the lungN P Ohori
Department of Pathology, Presbyterian University Hospital, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pennsylvania
Am J Clin Pathol 96:529-35. 1991..g., breast). However, two mesenchymal proliferations of lung, lymphangioleiomyomatosis and epithelioid hemangioendothelioma (EHE), and one epithelial tumor, sclerosing hemangioma (SH), have a significant female predilection and may ..
- Clinical experience with infantile hepatic hemangioendotheliomaSuk Bae Moon
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Seoul National University Children s Hospital, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Ku, Seoul 110 744, South Korea
World J Surg 33:597-602. 2009Infantile hepatic hemangioendothelioma (IHHE) is a rare disorder with only a few series reported in the medical literature. We reviewed our treatment experience with IHHE over 17 years.
- Infantile hepatic hemangioendothelioma: clinical presentation and treatmentBetul Sevinir
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Uludag University, School of Medicine, Bursa
Turk J Gastroenterol 18:182-7. 2007..Hepatic hemangioendotheliomas are rare tumors in childhood. We report our 10-years' experience in a tertiary health center...
- A case of head and neck kaposiform hemangioendothelioma simulating a malignancy on imagingT A Lalaji
Department of Radiology, Long Island College Hospital, 339 Hicks Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA. TALalaji @aol.com
Pediatr Radiol 31:876-8. 2001Kaposiform hemangioendothelioma (KH) is an endothelial-derived spindle cell neoplasm often associated with Kasabach-Merritt syndrome. Most cases arise in infancy and childhood and are soft-tissue tumors...
- Hepatic hemangioendothelioma in children: analysis of thirteen casesChien Chang Chen
Department of Gastroenterology, Chang Gung Children s Hospital, No 5, Fu Hsin Street, Kuei Shan, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Acta Paediatr Taiwan 44:8-13. 2003Hepatic hemangioendothelioma (HE) is a tumor that presents in infancy and toddler. It manifests hepatomegaly, abdominal mass, jaundice, abdominal distention, or high output cardiac failure...
- Infantile hemangioendothelioma: A case report and discussionR Ganguly
Department of Pathology, The Mission Hospital, Durgapur, Sector 2C, Immon Kalyan Sarani, Durgapur 713212, India
Pathol Res Pract 206:53-8. 2010..The patient had no skin lesions. We report this case and provide a literature review because of the unusual presentation and the overall rarity of this entity...
- Composite hemangioendothelioma: report of 5 cases including one with associated Maffucci syndromeMasaharu Fukunaga
Department of Pathology, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Jikei Daisan Hospital, 4 11 1 Izumihoncho, Komaeshi, Tokyo 201 8601, Japan
Am J Surg Pathol 31:1567-72. 2007Composite hemangioendothelioma (HE) is a low-grade malignant vascular tumor showing varying combinations of benign, low-grade malignant, and malignant vascular components...
- Vincristine and corticosteroids as first-line treatment of Kasabach-Merritt syndrome in kaposiform hemangioendotheliomaAaron M Drucker
Department of Paediatrics and Paediatric Dermatology, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
J Cutan Med Surg 13:155-9. 2009..Recently, there have been increasing reports of the use of the chemotherapeutic drug vincristine in these patients...
- Kaposiform hemangioendothelioma arising in the ethmoid sinus of an 8-year-old girl with severe epistaxisManfred T Birchler
Department of Otolaryngology, University Children s Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
Head Neck 28:761-4. 2006..It occurs primarily in boys and is usually self-limiting. Trauma and nose picking are among the most common causes. In general, epistaxis can be easily treated with anterior nasal packing or electrocoagulation...
- Infantile hemangioendothelioma with elevated serum alpha fetoprotein: report of 2 cases with immunohistochemical analysisTae Jung Kim
Department of Hospital Pathology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, 150 713 Seoul, Korea
Hum Pathol 41:763-7. 2010Infantile hemangioendothelioma is the most common benign mesenchymal tumor of the liver presenting during the first 6 months of life...
- Infantile hepatic hemangioendothelioma presenting as early heart failure: report of two casesChung Ching Lu
Department of Pediatrics, Chang Gung Children s Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, ROC
Chang Gung Med J 25:405-10. 2002Hepatic hemangioendothelioma is rare. We report on hepatic hemangioendotheliomas in 2 young infants, with initial manifestations of respiratory distress and congestive heart failure...
- Hepatic infantile hemangioendothelioma with unusual manifestationsMatthew R Riley
Division of Pathology, Stanford University Medical Center, California 94304, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 42:109-13. 2006
- Infantile hemangioendothelioma treated with high dose methylprednisolone pulse therapyE A Park
Department of Pediatric, College of Medicine, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 16:127-9. 2001Infantile hemangioendothelioma is a severe disease with a high mortality. It is characterized by multiple hemangioma affecting the skin and visceral organs...
- Kaposiform hemangioendothelioma: a study of 33 cases emphasizing its pathologic, immunophenotypic, and biologic uniqueness from juvenile hemangiomaLisa L Lyons
Departments of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 28:559-68. 2004Kaposiform hemangioendothelioma (KH) is a rare tumor of childhood often associated with Kasabach-Merritt phenomenon (KMP) and occasionally lymphangiomatosis...
- Magnetic resonance imaging of infantile hemangioendotheliomaAhmet Mesrur Halefoglu
Department of Radiology, Sisli Etfal Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Turk J Pediatr 49:77-81. 2007Infantile hemangioendothelioma is the most common benign hepatic tumor during infancy and also follows a benign course. During the routine physical examination of a 10-month-old female patient, masses of the liver were incidentally found...
- Retroperitoneal kaposiform hemangioendothelioma with tufted angioma-like features in an infant with Kasabach-Merritt syndromeDimitrije Brasanac
Institute of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Pathol Int 53:627-31. 2003..Histological examination revealed a combination of venous (cavernous) malformation, kaposiform hemangioendothelioma and tufted angioma-like areas...
- Kaposiform hemangioendothelioma associated with nonimmune fetal hydropsAntonio E Martinez
Arkadi M Rywlin MD Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Medical Center, Miami Beach, Fla 33140, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 128:678-81. 2004We describe the case of a 31-week fetus who died in utero with an invasive retroperitoneal kaposiform hemangioendothelioma. This rare vascular neoplasm usually presents as a localized violaceous skin lesion in infants and behaves in a ..
- Successful multimodal therapy for kaposiform hemangioendothelioma complicated by Kasabach-Merritt phenomenon: case report and review of the literatureF Blei
Department of Pediatrics, NYU Medical Center, New York 10016, USA
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 15:295-305. 1998We present the management challenge provided by a patient with kaposiform hemangioendothelioma associated with Kasabach-Merritt phenomenon...
- Metastasizing splenic littoral cell hemangioendotheliomaSusan Fernandez
Department of Pathology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 30:1036-40. 2006..A single prior description of a littoral cell hemangioendothelioma showed nuclear atypia and necrosis, and this is the first case report of a splenic littoral cell ..
- Endoscopic treatment of ethmoidal hemangioendothelioma: case report and review of the literatureLucia Semino
ENT Department, University of Pavia, IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Am J Otolaryngol 27:287-90. 2006b>Hemangioendothelioma (HE) is a rare vascular tumor of endothelial cell origin that usually involves long bone or soft tissue. However, there are cases of head and neck involvement...
- Hemangioendothelioma of the temporal bone with radiologic findings resembling hemangiomaR A Ibarra
Department of Radiology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 78229, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 22:755-8. 2001..Only four cases have been reported involving the temporal bone. A 5-year-old child with grade II hemangioendothelioma of the right temporal bone is presented, and the radiologic findings on different imaging studies are ..
- Epithelioid hemangioendothelioma of the spine presenting as cervical myelopathy: case reportJ W Brennan
Department of Surgery, Sunnybrook and Women's College Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Neurosurgery 48:1166-9. 2001..in the literature of cervical myelopathy caused by progressive cord compression as a result of epithelioid hemangioendothelioma of the cervical vertebra...
- Hepatic hemangioendothelioma associated with production of humoral thyrotropin-like factorR M Ayling
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, King's College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RS, United Kingdom
J Pediatr 138:932-5. 2001We report on 7 patients referred for treatment of hepatic hemangioendothelioma with increased thyrotropin levels. The serum thyroxine level was decreased in 4 and increased in 2...
- Angiomotin expression promotes hemangioendothelioma invasionTetyana Levchenko
Department of Oncology Pathology, Cancer Centre Karolinska Institute, S 17176, Stockholm, Sweden
Oncogene 23:1469-73. 2004..However, time-lapse photography showed a significant increase in random motility in MAE-Amot cells. We conclude that angiomotin may promote angiogenesis by both stimulating invasion as well as stabilizing established tubes...
- Thyroid abnormalities in infantile hepatic hemangioendotheliomaRam Kalpatthi
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 49:1021-4. 2007We report an infant with hepatic hemangioendothelioma (HAE) associated with compensated hypothyroidism. The hepatic lesions regressed with steroid therapy and his thyroid function normalized with high doses of thyroxine supplement.
- Kaposiform hemangioendothelioma: five patients with cutaneous lesion and long follow-upF Mac-Moune Lai
Department of Anatomical and Cellular Pathology, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong, China SAR
Mod Pathol 14:1087-92. 2001Kaposiform hemangioendothelioma is a rare locally aggressive vascular tumor of the skin, deep soft tissue, and bone in children, characterized by infiltrating nodules and sheets of spindle cells, and unmistakable resemblance to Kaposi's ..
- Hemangioendothelioma of the spinal cord with intramedullary extensionS Abuzallouf
Department of Radiation Oncology, Hamilton Regional Cancer Centre, Hamilton, Canada
Med Princ Pract 14:354-7. 2005..The tumor was resected and postoperative radiotherapy was delivered for residual disease. No disease was seen on MRI after 48 months of clinical and radiological follow-up...
- Retiform hemangioendothelioma presenting as bruise-like plaque in an adult womanDespina Ioannidou
Department of Dermatology, Heraklion University General Hospital, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Int J Dermatol 45:53-5. 2006
- Symptomatic hepatic hemangioendothelioma in a newbornK Jothilakshmi
Department of Pediatrics, P S G Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Peelamedu, Coimbatore 641 004, Tamil Nadu, India
Indian Pediatr 43:908-10. 2006A case of hepatic hemangioendothelioma presenting as congestive cardiac failure in a neonate is reported. There was also evidence of platelet consumption...
- Severe hypothyroidism caused by hepatic hemangioendothelioma in an infant of a diabetic motherAyla Guven
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Pediatrics, Medical Faculty, Ondokuz Mayis University, TR 55200 Samsun, Turkey
Horm Res 63:86-9. 2005..Here we report an infant of a diabetic mother with hypothyroidism caused by liver hemangioendothelioma. Consumptive hypothyroidism should be an indicator to search for a vascular tumor in infants...
- Resolution of medically resistant hypothyroidism after liver transplantation for hepatic hemangioendotheliomaTimothy C Lee
Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Pediatr Surg 41:1783-5. 2006Hepatic hemangioendothelioma (HHE) is a rare vascular tumor in neonates and may cause high-output cardiac failure and coagulopathy, and rarely has been associated with hypothyroidism...
- Kaposiform haemangioendothelioma: case report and review of the literatureJ G Cooper
Department of Plastic Surgery, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Aberdeen, UK
Br J Plast Surg 55:163-5. 2002..We report an otherwise well 26-year-old woman who presented with a KHE of the left thigh, and briefly review the literature. We believe this to be the second reported case of KHE in the UK and the first in an adult patient...
- Rapid resolution of consumptive hypothyroidism in a child with hepatic hemangioendothelioma following liver transplantationAndrea E Balazs
Children s Nutrition Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Ann Clin Lab Sci 37:280-4. 2007We report a unique case of a 3-mo-old female with consumptive hypothyroidism and liver hemangioendothelioma who required pharmacological doses of thyroid hormones and was cured following liver transplantation...
- A key angiogenic role of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 in hemangioendothelioma proliferationGayle M Gordillo
Division of Plastic Surgery, The Ohio State University Medical Center, 410 W 10th Ave, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 287:C866-73. 2004..This study has produced the first in vivo evidence of a complete response for any neoplasm, specifically a vascular proliferative lesion, to anti-MCP-1 therapy in animals with intact immune systems...
- Interventional treatment of infantile hepatic hemangioendotheliomaS Warmann
Department of Pediatric Surgery, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
J Pediatr Surg 38:1177-81. 2003b>Hemangioendothelioma is the most frequent liver tumor in infancy. Untreated symptomatic patients with heart failure have a high mortality rate...
- Solitary hepatic infantile hemangioendothelioma: dynamic gadolinium-enhanced MR imaging findingsKoenraad J Mortele
Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Eur Radiol 12:862-5. 2002We report the MRI findings of a solitary hepatic infantile hemangioendothelioma (IHE) diagnosed in a 14-day-old girl...
- Hemangioendothelioma: successful therapy with interferon-alpha: a study in Association with the Italian Pediatric Haematology/Oncology Society (AIEOP)Giovanni Deb
Divisione di Oncologia, Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino Gesù Roma, Italy
Med Pediatr Oncol 38:118-9. 2002
- A case of axillary kaposiform hemangioendothelioma resembles a soft tissue sarcomaChih Cheng Hsiao
Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung, and Graduate Institute of Clinical Medical Sciences, Chang Gung University, Linko, Taiwan
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 27:596-8. 2005Kaposiform hemangioendothelioma is a rare, aggressive vascular proliferation in children that is clinically and histologically distinct from hemangioma of infancy. It is often complicated with Kasabach-Merritt syndrome...
- Infantile haemangio-endothelioma of liver: a case reportSapna Singh
Department of Radiodiagnosis, Maulana Azad Medical College and Associated Lok Nayak Hospital, New Delhi
J Indian Med Assoc 106:120, 122. 2008..A postcontrast CT revealed intense enhancement of all the lesions. The findings suggested an infantile haemangio-endothelioma of the liver. On follow-up USG after 8 months near complete involution of the mass was revealed...
- Kaposiform hemangioendothelioma with distant lymphangiomatosis without an association to Kasabach-Merritt-Syndrome in a female adult!Claudia S Vetter-Kauczok
Department of Dermatology, Julius Maximilians University Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany
Vasc Health Risk Manag 4:263-6. 2008Kaposiform hemangioendothelioma (KHE) is a locally aggressive vascular tumor which usually occurs in infants. Clinically it appears as ill-defined red to purple indurated plaque...
- Atypical imaging findings of infantile hemangioendothelioma: a case reportE Mavili
Department of Radiology, Erciyes University Medical Faculty, Kayseri, Turkey
Acta Radiol 47:1091-3. 2006Infantile hemangioendothelioma is the third most common hepatic tumor in children, and the most common benign vascular tumor of the liver in infancy...
- Undifferentiated (sarcomatous) carcinoma of the liver with osteoclast-like giant cells presenting as tumor thrombus in the inferior vena cavaHans Ulrich Schildhaus
Virchows Arch 448:659-60. 2006
- A series of vascular tumors and tumorlike lesions of the bladderFabio Tavora
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 32:1213-9. 2008..hyperplasias (Masson vegetant hemangioendotheliomas), 2 arteriovenous malformations (AVMs), 1 epithelioid hemangioendothelioma (EHE), and 4 angiosarcomas...
- [Infantile hepatic hemangioendothelioma. A multifocal, bilobular and asymptomatic case with spontaneous regression]A R Araújo
Servicio de Pediatria, Centro Hospitalar do Alto Minho, Viana do Castelo, Portugal
An Pediatr (Barc) 68:507-10. 2008Infantile hepatic hemangioendothelioma is a severe disease with a high mortality rate. Nevertheless these vascular lesions may experience spontaneous regression within 12 to 18 months...
- Cutaneous vascular tumours: an updateS G N Goh
St John s Institute of Dermatology, St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
Histopathology 52:661-73. 2008..The newly introduced clinical classification of congenital haemangiomas into non-involuting and rapidly involuting variants and radiation-induced atypical vascular lesions are also reviewed...
- Practical review and recent developments in pediatric dermatopathologyLydia R Essary
Clinical Assistant Professor of Dermatology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Adv Dermatol 21:193-215. 2005
- Childhood hepatic angiosarcoma--a case reportC S Premalata
Department of Pathology, Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, M H Marigowda Road, Bangalore
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 48:487-9. 2005..Histopathological examination revealed features typical of hepatic angiosarcoma. The case is presented for its rarity and to discuss the interrelation between infantile hemangioendothelioma (IHE) and HAS.
- Usefulness of D2-40 immunohistochemistry for differentiation between kaposiform hemangioendothelioma and tufted angiomaEiichi Arai
Department of Pathology, Saitama Medical School, Iruma gun, Saitama, Japan
J Cutan Pathol 33:492-7. 2006..D2-40 immunohistochemistry, the differences among capillary hemangiomas, and especially between kaposiform hemangioendothelioma (KHE) and tufted angioma (TA)...
- Hepatic hemangloendothelioma: the need for early diagnosis and resectionHussein Shamaly
Pediatric Gastroenterology Unit, French Hospital, Nazareth, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 8:585-6. 2006
- Kaposiform hemangioendothelioma in an adult with an unusual presentationN Senturk
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 20:630-2. 2006
- [Congenital haemangiomas and other rare infantile vascular tumours]O Enjolras
Consultations des angiomes, service du Professeur Marie Paule Vazquez, Hopital d Enfants Armand Trousseau, INSERM U714, Universite Paris VI, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Ann Chir Plast Esthet 51:339-46. 2006..However they may occur as isolated tumours, without thrombocytopenia but with cosmetic, and sometimes function-impairing, consequences...
- Recurrent life-threatening hemothorax in an infant with pleurocutaneous kaposiform hemangio-endotheliomaRong Long Chen
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 28:630-2. 2006
- Malignant vascular tumors of liver in neonatesZafar Nazir
Department of Surgery, The Aga Khan University Hospital AKUH, Karachi 74800, Pakistan
J Pediatr Surg 41:e49-51. 2006..We report two cases. One was initially diagnosed as infantile hemangioendothelioma. Rapid growth and appearance of pulmonary metastasis while on aggressive medical treatment suggested ..
- [Infantile hemangiomas: differential diagnosis and associated anomalies]A Dompmartin
Service de Dermatologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Caen, Avenue Georges Clemenceau, 14033 Caen Cedex, France
Ann Chir Plast Esthet 51:300-9. 2006..Knowledge on differential diagnosis enables clinicians to detect hemangiomas that can lead to complications and that necessitate a multidisciplinary approach...
- Vascular tumors of infancy and childhood: beyond capillary hemangiomaPaula E North
Department of Pathology, Medical College of Wisconsin and Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Cardiovasc Pathol 15:303-17. 2006....
- Extravascular papillary endothelial hyperplasia of the palm masquerading as an angiosarcomaEiichi Arai
Department of Pathology, Saitama Medical University, Moroyama machi, Iruma gun, Saitama, Japan
J Dermatol 35:238-41. 2008..To our knowledge, cutaneous extravascular PEH has not yet been reported in the published work...
- Abdominal plaque in a 10-day-old boyErnest Lee
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, USA
Arch Dermatol 142:641-6. 2006
- Kaposiform hemangioendothelioma: the first reported case in a nonhuman animal speciesMattie J Hendrick
Vet Pathol 42:518. 2005
- Case report: infantile hemangioendotheliomaJeanne P Zenge
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Neonatology, University of Colorado School of Medicine and The Children s Hospital, Denver, Colorado, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 14:99-102. 2002..Histopathologic examination revealed a type I infantile hemangioendothelioma. This case report reviews the presentation and treatment of infantile hemangioendotheliomas and the ..
- Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Weekly clinicopathological exercises. Case 13-2004. A newborn girl with a large cutaneous lesion, thrombocytopenia, and anemiaJohn B Mulliken
Division of Plastic Surgery, Craniofacial Center, and Vascular Anomalies Center, Children s Hospital, Boston, USA
N Engl J Med 350:1764-75. 2004
- Case of large placental chorioangioma associated with diffuse neonatal hemangiomatosisSevgi Bakaris
Department of Pathology, KSU Medical School, 46050, Kahramanmaras, Turkey
Pediatr Dev Pathol 7:258-61. 2004..01 to 1.3%. Vascular anomalies of the placenta coincidental with infantile hemangioendothelioma (IH) of the liver are rarely described...
- Utility of the immunohistochemical detection of FLI-1 expression in round cell and vascular neoplasm using a monoclonal antibodySabrina Rossi
Department of Pathology, Regional Hospital, Treviso, Italy
Mod Pathol 17:547-52. 2004....
- Infantile hemangioendotheliomaJustus E Roos
Institute of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital Zurich, Ramistrasse 100, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Radiographics 23:1649-55. 2003
- Splenic vascular tumorsJeffery L Kutok
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Semin Diagn Pathol 20:128-39. 2003..This overview describes the diagnosis and differential diagnosis of splenic vascular tumors as presently understood...
- Malignant vascular tumors in children and adolescents: a report from the Italian and German Soft Tissue Sarcoma Cooperative GroupAndrea Ferrari
Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Via G Venezian 1, Milano MI, Italy
Med Pediatr Oncol 39:109-14. 2002..We report on a series of 18 children who had malignant vascular tumors, treated from 1980 to 2000 by the Italian and German Soft Tissue Sarcoma Cooperative Group...
- Benign hepatic tumoursE Biecker
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Universitatsklinikum Bonn
Z Gastroenterol 41:191-200. 2003..Bile duct adenoma is an incidental finding that is not known to cause any symptoms whereas biliary cystadenoma is often symptomatic and may progress to cystadenocarcinoma and therefore needs resection...
- [Prenatal diagnosis of hepatic hemangioendothelioma and peripartual management]S Ritter
Frauenklinik für Gynäkologie und Geburtshilfe der Rheinisch Westfälischen Technischen Hochschule Aachen, Abteilung Ultraschall und Pränataldiagnostik
Z Geburtshilfe Neonatol 207:29-32. 2003Infantile hepatic hemangioendothelioma is a benign hepatic tumor that can be associated with life-threatening perinatal complications. A 38-year-old gravida 3 para 2 was referred to our hospital with preterm labor at 33...
- Endothelial lesions of soft tissues: a review of reactive and neoplastic entities with emphasis on low-grade malignant ("borderline") vascular tumorsCarolyn D O'Hara
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathalogy, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Adv Anat Pathol 10:69-87. 2003..In addition, many tumor-like lesions containing an endothelial component are also discussed...
- Endothelial cell tumorsCecil David Bell
Division of Anatomical Pathology, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto M5B 1W8, Canada
Microsc Res Tech 60:165-70. 2003....
- Vincristine--an effective treatment of corticoid-resistant life-threatening infantile hemangiomasJaime Perez
Department of Pediatrics, Son Dureta University Hospital, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Acta Oncol 41:197-9. 2002
- The role of GLUT1 immunostaining in the diagnosis and classification of liver vascular tumors in childrenFrancisco Hernandez
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Hospital Universitario La Paz, 28046 Madrid, Spain
J Pediatr Surg 40:801-4. 2005..To improve therapeutic strategies, we designed this study in which we tested in pathology specimens of LVT the hypothesis that GLUT1 expression could be useful to understand and classify LVT...
- Vascular anomalies: From bedside to bench and back againFrancine Blei
Department of Pediatrics, New York University School of Medicine, Kaplan Cancer Center, General Clinical Research Center, Hassenfeld Children s Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, New York, New York, USA
Curr Probl Pediatr Adolesc Health Care 32:72-93. 2002
- Absence of HHV-8 DNA in hobnail hemangiomasRalf Gutzmer
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, Hannover Medical University, Hannover, Germany
J Cutan Pathol 29:154-8. 2002..is a rare subtype of hemangioma that shares the morphological feature of hobnail endothelia with retiform hemangioendothelioma (RHE) and has to be considered in the differential diagnosis of Kaposi sarcoma...
- Malignant liver tumorsAngela D Levy
Department of Radiologic Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC, USA
Clin Liver Dis 6:147-64. 2002..Many [figure: see text] of these neoplasms have distinctive imaging features that may permit diagnosis. In most instances, however, biopsy is required for definitive diagnosis and treatment planning...
- Congenital hepatic shuntsCarmen Gallego
Department of Radiology, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Carretera de Andalucia Km 5, 400, 28041 Madrid, Spain
Radiographics 24:755-72. 2004..Familiarity with the US features of various congenital abnormal hepatic vascular connections will aid in diagnosis and treatment...
- Multifocal lymphangioendotheliomatosis with thrombocytopenia: a newly recognized clinicopathological entityPaula E North
Departments of Pathology and Otolaryngology, the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and Arkansas Children s Hospital, Little Rock, AR 72202, USA
Arch Dermatol 140:599-606. 2004Severe thrombocytopenic coagulopathy may complicate platelet-trapping vascular tumors such as kaposiform hemangioendothelioma and tufted angioma...
- Epithelioid hemangioendothelioma of the liver: radiologic-pathologic correlationK Mermuys
Department of Radiology, Onze Lieve Vrouwe Hospital Aalst, Moorselbaan 164, 9300 Aalst, Belgium
Abdom Imaging 29:221-3. 2004Epithelioid hemangioendothelioma of the liver is a rare vascular tumor with intermediate malignant potential. On imaging studies, the lesion has a solid appearance and may mimic metastatic disease...
- USCAP Specialty Conference: case 3Cheryl M Coffin
Department of Pathology, Division of Pediatric Pathology, Primary Children s Hospital, 100 North Medical Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84113 1100, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 8:74-6. 2005
- Mechanisms Regulating Hemangioendothelioma: A Plastic Surgeon's ChallengeGayle M Gordillo; Fiscal Year: 2013..DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The overall objective of this proposal entitled, "Mechanisms Regulating Hemangioendothelioma: A Plastic Surgeon's Challenge", is to determine how nox-4 regulates the growth of endothelial cells ..
- Interdisciplinary Workshop on Vascular Anomalies Associated with CoagulopathiesMichael E Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2011..and scientists focusing on two vascular anomalies associated with high morbidity and mortality, Kaposiform hemangioendothelioma (KHE) and multifocal lymphangioendotheliomatosis with thrombocytopenia (MLT)...
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF CUTANEOUS VASCULAR LESIONSJack Arbiser; Fiscal Year: 2002..Finally, the novel angiogenesis inhibitor endostatin has been isolated from a spontaneous hemangioendothelioma cell line. Its mechanism of action is unknown...
- Skin Manifestations of Tuberous SclerosisJack Arbiser; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific Aim 3. To determine whether dysregulation of p16ink4a and PTCH (patched) acts as a modifier of theTS phenotype in transgenic mice expressing dominant negative tuberin. ..
- Role of macrophages in hemangioendothelioma developmentGayle Gordillo; Fiscal Year: 2008Hemangiomas represent the most common soft tissue tumor in children and hemangioendothelioma (HE) are a clinical subtype. Proliferating HE are associated with macrophage infiltration and MCP-1 expression...
- STI571 Therapy for Gastrointestinal Stromal TumorsRonald DeMatteo; Fiscal Year: 2002..The results are essential to advance our understanding of GIST biology and determine the therapeutic value and limitations of STI571. ..
- Gene Ratios for Lung Cancer Detection and PrognosisRaphael Bueno; Fiscal Year: 2004..We envision that our methodology will be adaptable to a future clinical scenario where each suspicious nodule would be evaluated by fine needle aspiration determining the diagnosis and best therapeutic options for the patients. ..
- Natural Killer Dendritic Cells in Listeria InfectionRonald DeMatteo; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Gene Ratio Based Prognosis in MesotheliomaRaphael Bueno; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will determine the accuracy of this test in predicting outcome as defined by survival and tumor progression. ..