Genomes and Genes
Summary: A benign tumor, made up of an overgrowth of BLOOD VESSELS. It is extremely common, occurring mostly in infancy and childhood. It can occur anywhere in the body but is most frequently noticed in the SKIN and SUBCUTANEOUS TISSUE. About 75% are present at birth, and about 60% occur in the head and neck area. (from Stedman, 25th ed; DeVita Jr et al., Cancer: Principles & Practice of Oncology, 3d ed, p1355)
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH2
Publications348 found, 100 shown here
- Propranolol treatment for hemangioma of infancy: risks and recommendationsLeslie P Lawley
Department of Dermatology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Pediatr Dermatol 26:610-4. 2009b>Hemangioma of infancy is a condition that may be associated with significant morbidity...
- Somatic mutation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptors in juvenile hemangiomaJeffrey W Walter
Department of Genetics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 33:295-303. 2002..Mutations were found in two of the 15 hemangioma specimens: a missense mutation (P1147S) in the kinase domain of the VEGFR2 (FLK1/KDR) gene in one specimen and a ..
- Multipotential stem cells recapitulate human infantile hemangioma in immunodeficient miceZia A Khan
Vascular Biology Program and Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 118:2592-9. 2008Infantile hemangioma is a benign endothelial tumor composed of disorganized blood vessels. It exhibits a unique life cycle of rapid postnatal growth followed by slow regression to a fibrofatty residuum...
- Suppressed NFAT-dependent VEGFR1 expression and constitutive VEGFR2 signaling in infantile hemangiomaMasatoshi Jinnin
Department of Developmental Biology, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Med 14:1236-46. 2008..We show that expression of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 (VEGFR1) in hemangioma endothelial cells (hemECs) and hemangioma tissue is markedly reduced compared to controls...
- Isolation, characterization, and in vitro propagation of infantile hemangioma stem cells and an in vivo mouse modelDan Xu
Division of Laboratory Medicine, Nevada Cancer Institute, Las Vegas, NV 89135, USA
J Hematol Oncol 4:54. 2011..The development of an in vitro cell culture system and an animal model would allow new insights into the biological processes involved in the development and pathogenesis of IH...
- Effects of propranolol on the proliferation and apoptosis of hemangioma-derived endothelial cellsYi Ji
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Children s Hospital of Fudan University, Shanghai, 201102, China
J Pediatr Surg 47:2216-23. 2012..In this study, we investigated propranolol in the etiology of hemangiomas that are associated with the proliferation and apoptosis of hemangioma-derived endothelial cells (HemECs).
- Corticosteroid suppression of VEGF-A in infantile hemangioma-derived stem cellsShoshana Greenberger
Vascular Biology Program and Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital Boston and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
N Engl J Med 362:1005-13. 2010Corticosteroids are commonly used to treat infantile hemangioma, but the mechanism of action of this therapy is unknown...
- Propranolol in the therapeutic strategy of infantile laryngotracheal hemangioma: A preliminary retrospective study of French experienceNicolas Leboulanger
Hopital Armand Trousseau, 75012 Paris, France
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 74:1254-7. 2010Preliminary assessment of the efficacy of propranolol on subglottic hemangioma in children on a nation-wide scale.
- "Pseudo washout" sign in high-flow hepatic hemangioma on gadoxetic acid contrast-enhanced MRI mimicking hypervascular tumorKyung Won Doo
Department of Radiology, Korea University Guro Hospital, Korea University College of Medicine, 80 Guro dong, Guro Gu, Seoul 152 703, Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 193:W490-6. 2009The purpose of this article is to describe the "pseudo washout" sign of high-flow hepatic hemangioma that mimics hypervascular tumor on gadoxetic acid-enhanced MRI.
- Intrinsic regulation of hemangioma involution by platelet-derived growth factorE E Roach
Department of Pathology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Cell Death Dis 3:e328. 2012Infantile hemangioma is a vascular tumor that exhibits a unique natural cycle of rapid growth followed by involution...
- A randomized controlled trial of propranolol for infantile hemangiomasMarcia Hogeling
Department Pediatric Dermatology, Sydney Children s Hospital, Randwick, New South Wales 2031, Australia
Pediatrics 128:e259-66. 2011..Propranolol hydrochloride is a safe and effective medication for treating infantile hemangiomas (IHs), with decreases in IH volume, color, and elevation...
- Growth characteristics of infantile hemangiomas: implications for managementLinda C Chang
Department of Dermatology, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Pediatrics 122:360-7. 2008..The objective of this study was to describe growth characteristics of infantile hemangioma and compare growth with infantile hemangioma referral patterns.
- Hypoglycemia in children taking propranolol for the treatment of infantile hemangiomaKristen E Holland
Department of Dermatology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 9200 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Arch Dermatol 146:775-8. 2010..Since then, the use of propranolol for IHs has exploded because it is viewed as a safer alternative to traditional therapy...
- Prospective study of infantile hemangiomas: demographic, prenatal, and perinatal characteristicsAnita N Haggstrom
J Pediatr 150:291-4. 2007..To characterize demographic, prenatal, and perinatal features of patients with infantile hemangiomas and to determine the importance of these factors in predicting rates of complication and treatment...
- Increased Tie2 expression, enhanced response to angiopoietin-1, and dysregulated angiopoietin-2 expression in hemangioma-derived endothelial cellsY Yu
Surgical Research Laboratory, Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Am J Pathol 159:2271-80. 2001..To investigate the molecular basis of hemangioma, we isolated endothelial cells from several proliferative-phase lesions and showed that these cells are clonal ..
- Prospective study of infantile hemangiomas: clinical characteristics predicting complications and treatmentAnita N Haggstrom
Department of Dermatology, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Pediatrics 118:882-7. 2006..This study aims to identify clinical characteristics associated with complications and the need for therapeutic intervention...
- Isolation and characterization of emerging subgroup J avian leukosis virus associated with hemangioma in egg-type chickensHanzhang Lai
College of Veterinary Medicine, South China Agricultural University, 483 Wushan Street, Tianhe District, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province 510642, People s Republic of China
Vet Microbiol 151:275-83. 2011..Since 2006, the clinical cases of hemangioma rather than ML in commercial layer flocks associated with ALV-J have been reported, but it was still not clear ..
- Evaluation of hemangioma by positron emission tomography: role in a multimodality approachKazuhisa Hatayama
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Gunma University Faculty of Medicine, Maebashi, Japan
J Comput Assist Tomogr 27:70-7. 2003The relative utility of various preoperative diagnostic imaging modalities for the evaluation of hemangioma of the extremities, including positron emission tomography (PET) (using 18F-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose [FDG] and fluorine-18 alpha-..
- Propranolol as first-line treatment of head and neck hemangiomasCarine Fuchsmann
Service d Otorhinolaryngologie Pédiatrique, L Hôpital Femme Mère Enfant, Hospices Civils de Lyon, 69600 Bron, France
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 137:471-8. 2011..To report the efficacy of propranolol as first-line treatment of head and neck hemangiomas in children and to present an optimized protocol for treating hemangiomas...
- Propranolol for infantile haemangiomas: insights into the molecular mechanisms of actionC H Storch
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacoepidemiology, University Hospital of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 410, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Br J Dermatol 163:269-74. 2010..Long-term effects of propranolol are characterized by induction of apoptosis in proliferating endothelial cells, and result in tumour regression...
- Clinical spectrum of tufted angiomas in childhood: a report of 13 cases and a review of the literatureAmélie Osio
Department of Dermatology, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris Descartes, 149 rue de Sevres, Paris Cedex 15, France
Arch Dermatol 146:758-63. 2010..Few case series of TA have been published, and the morphologic structure and evolution of TA seem to vary...
- Mesenchymal stem cells and adipogenesis in hemangioma involutionYing Yu
Vascular Biology Program, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Stem Cells 24:1605-12. 2006b>Hemangioma is a benign tumor of infancy whose hallmark is rapid growth during the first year of life followed by slow regression during early childhood...
- Acoustic Radiation Force Impulse (ARFI) ultrasound imaging of solid focal liver lesionsA Gallotti
Department of Radiology, University Hospital G B Rossi, Piazzale L A Scuro 10, 37134, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Eur J Radiol 81:451-5. 2012..The aim of this paper was to evaluate the application of ARFI ultrasound imaging and its potential value for characterizing focal solid liver lesions...
- Discrimination of benign from malignant hepatic lesions based on their T2-relaxation times calculated from moderately T2-weighted turbo SE sequenceAndrzej Cieszanowski
Second Department of Clinical Radiology, The Medical University of Warsaw, ul Banacha 1a, 02097, Warsaw, Poland
Eur Radiol 12:2273-9. 2002The differentiation of hemangioma from other hepatic neoplasms using MRI usually relies on the evaluation of heavily T2-weighted images...
- Characterization of focal liver lesions (FLL) with acoustic radiation force impulse (ARFI) elastometryR Heide
Departement of Internal Medicine 1, University of Erlangen, Germany
Ultraschall Med 31:405-9. 2010..The aim of this prospective pilot study was to evaluate the role of ARFI elastometry of focal liver lesions (FLL) and the surrounding liver parenchyma...
- Propranolol induces regression of hemangioma cells through HIF-1α-mediated inhibition of VEGF-AHarvey Chim
Department of Plastic Surgery, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Ann Surg 256:146-56. 2012..To investigate the mechanism of propranolol on regression of infantile hemangiomas...
- Distinguishing hepatic metastasis from hemangioma using gadoxetic acid-enhanced magnetic resonance imagingUtaroh Motosugi
Department of Radiology, University of Yamanashi, Chuo, Japan
Invest Radiol 46:359-65. 2011To retrospectively determine the findings of gadoxetic acid-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to distinguish hemangioma and metastasis of the liver.
- Rapamycin suppresses self-renewal and vasculogenic potential of stem cells isolated from infantile hemangiomaShoshana Greenberger
Vascular Biology Program and Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Invest Dermatol 131:2467-76. 2011Infantile hemangioma (IH) is a common childhood vascular tumor. Although benign, some hemangiomas cause deformation and destruction of features or endanger life...
- Propranolol accelerates adipogenesis in hemangioma stem cells and causes apoptosis of hemangioma endothelial cellsAlvin Wong
Department of Surgery, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 130:1012-21. 2012..S. Food and Drug Administration-approved treatment. They are believed to form from hemangioma stem cells, which differentiate toward a hemangioma endothelial cell phenotype...
- Treatment of hemangioma of the head and neck with diode laser and forced dehydration with induced photocoagulationFrancesca Angiero
Anatomia Patologica, Ospedale San Gerardo, Monza MI, Italy
Photomed Laser Surg 26:113-8. 2008..The aim of this study was to investigate the efficacy of treating oral hemangiomas using forced dehydration with induced photocoagulation (FDIP) via diode laser...
- Rapamycin inhibits proliferation of hemangioma endothelial cells by reducing HIF-1-dependent expression of VEGFDamian Medici
Division of Matrix Biology, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e42913. 2012..Here we show that elevated VEGF levels produced by hemangioma endothelial cells are reduced by the mTOR inhibitor rapamycin...
- Imaging of atypical hemangiomas of the liver with pathologic correlationV Vilgrain
Department of Radiology, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Radiographics 20:379-97. 2000..A frequent type of atypical hepatic hemangioma is a lesion with an echoic border at ultrasonography...
- COSMC is overexpressed in proliferating infantile hemangioma and enhances endothelial cell growth via VEGFR2Jian Lee
Graduate Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 8:e56211. 2013..T antigen expression is associated with tumor malignancy in many cancers. However, roles of COSMC in infantile hemangioma are still unclear...
- Infantile hemangiomas: an update on pathogenesis and therapyTina S Chen
Pediatric Dermatology, Rady Children s Hospital San Diego, San Diego, California, USA
Pediatrics 131:99-108. 2013..Recent discoveries concerning hemangioma pathogenesis provide both an improved understanding and more optimal approach to workup and management...
- Dilated lymphatic vessels in tufted angioma: a potential source of diagnostic confusionMona Sadeghpour
Department of Dermatology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 34:400-3. 2012..Accurate diagnosis of TA has important clinical implications given its occasional association with Kasabach-Merritt phenomenon, and the presence of lymphangioma-like vessels in biopsies of vascular lesions is entirely compatible with TA...
- Improved focal liver lesion detection: comparison of single-shot diffusion-weighted echoplanar and single-shot T2 weighted turbo spin echo techniquesK Coenegrachts
Department of Radiology, AZ St Jan AV, Bruges, Belgium
Br J Radiol 80:524-31. 2007..05). This study shows the potential of SS SE-EPI DWI (especially with a b-value of 20 s mm(-2)) as a promising technique for detecting small (<10 mm) focal liver lesions...
- VEGFR-1 mediates endothelial differentiation and formation of blood vessels in a murine model of infantile hemangiomaElisa Boscolo
Vascular Biology Program and Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Pathol 179:2266-77. 2011..Herein, we used infantile hemangioma (IH), the most common tumor of infancy, as a means to study VEGFR-1 activation in pathological vasculogenesis...
- CD133 selected stem cells from proliferating infantile hemangioma and establishment of an in vivo mice model of hemangiomaHua ming Mai
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Ninth People s Hospital, College of Stomatology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200011, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 126:88-94. 2013Infantile hemangioma (IH) is the most common benign tumor in children with prevalence in the face and neck. Various treatment options including oral propranolol have been described for IH, but the mechanism of drugs remains enigmatic...
- Novel sequences of subgroup J avian leukosis viruses associated with hemangioma in Chinese layer hensWei Pan
Division of Avian Infectious Diseases, State Key Laboratory of Veterinary Biotechnology, Harbin Veterinary Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Harbin 150001, PR China
Virol J 8:552. 2011..Since 2008, many clinical cases of hemangioma rather than ML have frequently been reported in association with ALV-J infection in Chinese layer flocks.
- Alcoholization: the choice of intrauterine treatment for chorioangiomaChanane Wanapirak
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Thailand
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 28:71-5. 2002..To our knowledge, this is the first report using alcoholization for the treatment of hydrops fetalis secondary to chorioangioma...
- A meta-analysis on the effectiveness of propranolol for the treatment of infantile airway haemangiomasStamatios Peridis
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, London, United Kingdom
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 75:455-60. 2011..To study the effectiveness of propranolol in infantile airway haemangiomas and compare the effectiveness of propranolol vs. different therapies...
- Insulin-like growth factor 2 and potential regulators of hemangioma growth and involution identified by large-scale expression analysisMatthew R Ritter
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:7455-60. 2002..10,000 human genes, we identified insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF-2) as a potentially important regulator of hemangioma growth. IGF-2 was highly expressed during the proliferative phase and substantially decreased during involution...
- Adverse effects of propranolol when used in the treatment of hemangiomas: a case series of 28 infantsMarlies de Graaf
Department of Pediatric Dermatology and Allergology, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Am Acad Dermatol 65:320-7. 2011Infantile hemangioma (IH) is a frequently encountered tumor with a potentially complicated course. Recently, propranolol was discovered to be an effective treatment option.
- Propranolol for the treatment of a life-threatening subglottic and mediastinal infantile hemangiomaMai Thy Truong
Division of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Lucile Packard Children s Hospital at Stanford, Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, 801 Welch Rd, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Pediatr 156:335-8. 2010An infant with a subglottic hemangioma remained in respiratory distress after multiple treatments failed and was found to have an enlarging mediastinal infantile hemangioma compressing the trachea...
- Intraosseous hemangioma of the rib mimicking an aggressive chest wall tumorKhimseng Tew
Department of Radiology, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, South Australia, Australia
Diagn Interv Radiol 17:118-21. 2011..A case of a rib hemangioma is presented in which the pre-resection diagnosis was an aggressive chest wall tumor...
- Propranolol therapy for infantile haemangiomas: review of the literatureA P Zimmermann
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 74:338-42. 2010..Sometimes intervention is required due to proliferative growth which is complicated by ulceration, bleeding, persistent aesthetic deformity or infection...
- Hemangioma of the urinary bladderL Cheng
Department of Pathology and Urology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
Cancer 86:498-504. 1999b>Hemangioma of the urinary bladder is rare and the long term outcome of patients is unknown.
- Local serum levels of vascular endothelial growth factor in infantile hemangioma: intriguing mechanism of endothelial growthPrzemysław Przewratil
Department of Pediatric Surgery and Oncology, Medical University of Lodz, 91 738 Lodz, Poland
Cytokine 49:141-7. 2010..Dysregulation of angiogenesis has been proposed to play a central role in hemangioma pathogenesis...
- Pyogenic granuloma (lobular capillary hemangioma): a clinicopathologic study of 178 casesS J Patrice
Division of Plastic Surgery, Children's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115
Pediatr Dermatol 8:267-76. 1991Pyogenic granuloma (lobular capillary hemangioma) is a common acquired vascular lesion of the skin and mucous membranes in the pediatric age group. This is a retrospective analysis of 178 patients, 17 years of age and younger (mean age 6...
- Clonality and altered behavior of endothelial cells from hemangiomasE Boye
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Clin Invest 107:745-52. 2001b>Hemangioma, the most common tumor of infancy, is a benign vascular neoplasm of unknown etiology...
- Differentiation of small hepatic hemangioma from small hepatocellular carcinoma: recently introduced spectral CT methodPeijie Lv
Department of Radiology, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, No 197 Ruijin Er Rd, Shanghai, China 200025
Radiology 259:720-9. 2011..usefulness of computed tomographic (CT) spectral imaging parameters in differentiating small (≤3 cm) hepatic hemangioma (HH) from small hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), with or without cirrhosis, during the late arterial phase (AP) ..
- Management of hepatic hemangiomas: a 14-year experiencePaulo Herman
Liver Surgery Unit, Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital das Clinicas, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Gastrointest Surg 9:853-9. 2005b>Hemangioma is the most common primary tumor of the liver and its diagnosis has become increasingly prevalent. Most of these lesions are asymptomatic and are managed conservatively...
- Expression of thyroid transcription factor-1 and other markers in sclerosing hemangioma of the lungP B Illei
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 125:1335-9. 2001CONTEXT: Sclerosing hemangioma of the lung is well characterized histologically, but the line of differentiation expressed by the tumor cells has been unclear...
- Tumors associated with avian leukosis virus subgroup J in layer hens during 2007 to 2009 in ChinaZiqiang Cheng
College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Shandong Agricultural University, Tai an, PR China
J Vet Med Sci 72:1027-33. 2010..The most prevalent tumor type was hemangioma (50%) in commercial layer flocks; the second most prevalent neoplasm type was myelocytoma (38...
- Histopathologic and immunophenotypic profile of subglottic hemangioma: multicenter studyArunkumar N Badi
Division of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, 9000 W Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 73:1187-91. 2009Subglottic hemangioma (SGH) is a rare tumor of childhood often associated with airway compromise...
- Hemangioma of the external auditory canalCharles J Limb
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 0910, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 126:74-5. 2002
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasound of histologically proven liver hemangiomasChristoph F Dietrich
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Caritas Hospital Bad Mergentheim, Bad Mergentheim, Germany
Hepatology 45:1139-45. 2007..methods (ultrasound/computed tomography/magnetic resonance imaging), ultrasound-guided liver biopsy revealed hemangioma. In all patients a hepatic neoplasm had been suspected because of underlying malignant disease (n=41), liver ..
- Hemoperitoneum from a spontaneous rupture of a giant hemangioma of the liver: report of a caseNicola Corigliano
Department of Surgery Pietro Valdoni, Policlinico Umberto I, University of Rome La Sapienza, Viale del Policlinico 155, 00161 Rome, Italy
Surg Today 33:459-63. 2003b>Hemangioma is the most common benign tumor of the liver and it is often asymptomatic. Spontaneous or traumatic rupture, intratumoral bleeding, consumption coagulopathy, and rapid growth are mandatory surgical indications...
- Pulmonary sclerosing hemangioma with lymph node metastases: report of 4 casesAya Miyagawa-Hayashino
Department of Pathology, Tenri Hospital, Nara, Japan
Arch Pathol Lab Med 127:321-5. 2003Sclerosing hemangioma is an unusual pulmonary tumor. Previously, 4 patients with pulmonary sclerosing hemangioma and lymph node metastases have been described in the literature.
- Characterization of focal liver lesions with contrast-specific US modes and a sulfur hexafluoride-filled microbubble contrast agent: diagnostic performance and confidenceEmilio Quaia
Department of Radiology, Cattinara Hospital, University of Trieste, Strada di Fiume 447, Trieste 34149, Italy
Radiology 232:420-30. 2004....
- Recombinant avian leukosis viruses of subgroup J isolated from field infected commercial layer chickens with hemangioma and myeloid leukosis possess an insertion in the E elementXiaoping Wu
Key Lab of Jiangsu Preventive Veterinary Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Yangzhou University, No 12 East Wenhui Road, Yangzhou, Jiangsu Province, China, 225009
Vet Res Commun 34:619-32. 2010..JS09GY4, JS09GY5, and JS09GY6) of avian leukosis virus subgroup J (ALV-J) were isolated from six infected commercial layer flocks displaying both hemangioma and myeloid leukosis (ML), which shared the same parental line, in China in 2009.
- Down-regulation of mir-424 contributes to the abnormal angiogenesis via MEK1 and cyclin E1 in senile hemangioma: its implications to therapyTaiji Nakashima
Department of Dermatology and Plastic Surgery, Faculty of Life Sciences, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
PLoS ONE 5:e14334. 2010Senile hemangioma, so-called cherry angioma, is known as the most common vascular anomalies specifically seen in the aged skin. The pathogenesis of its abnormal angiogenesis is still unclear.
- Characterization of focal liver lesions by ADC measurements using a respiratory triggered diffusion-weighted single-shot echo-planar MR imaging techniqueMelanie Bruegel
Department of Radiology, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaninger Str 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
Eur Radiol 18:477-85. 2008..63 x 10(-3)mm2/s. Measurements of the ADCs of focal liver lesions on the basis of a respiratory triggered DW-SS-EPI sequence may constitute a useful supplementary method for lesion characterization...
- Sonographic evaluation of subcutaneous hemangioma of the breastBettina Siewert
Department of Radiology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 178:1025-7. 2002
- Endothelial progenitor cells in infantile hemangiomaYing Yu
Program in Vacular Biology, Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 103:1373-5. 2004Infantile hemangioma is an endothelial tumor that grows rapidly after birth but slowly regresses during early childhood...
- Hemangiomas of infancy: clinical characteristics, morphologic subtypes, and their relationship to race, ethnicity, and sexKatarina G Chiller
Department of Dermatology, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Arch Dermatol 138:1567-76. 2002..While they occur in any race, an increased incidence occurs in girls, light-skinned whites, and premature infants, especially those weighing less than 1500 g. Other epidemiologic and demographic factors have not been well characterized...
- Tufted angioma: a report of five casesSu Ni Wong
National Skin Center, Singapore
Pediatr Dermatol 19:388-93. 2002..Tenderness and hypertrichosis, in addition to induration, may be useful in the clinical differentiation from common hemangioma.
- Hemangioma of the salivary gland: a study of ten cases of a rarely biopsied/excised lesionEsther L B Childers
Departments of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, The Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 6:339-44. 2002b>Hemangioma is a common soft tissue tumor that frequently occurs in the oral and maxillofacial region including salivary glands, but is rarely biopsied and is therefore often unfamiliar to the surgical pathologist...
- Pharmacologic therapy for periocular infantile hemangiomas: a review of the literatureJohn Nguyen
Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, 243 Charles St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Semin Ophthalmol 24:178-84. 2009..This article will review the rapidly evolving field of pharmacologic treatment of infantile hemangiomas...
- Hyperkalemia complicating propranolol treatment of an infantile hemangiomaHelena Pavlakovic
Department of Pediatrics I, University Hospital Gottingen, Kreuzbergring 36, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Pediatrics 126:e1589-93. 2010Propranolol treatment was recently reported to be successful for the management of severe infantile hemangioma. Known adverse effects of propranolol treatment include transient bradycardia, hypotension, hypoglycemia, and bronchospasm (in ..
- Oral corticosteroid use is effective for cutaneous hemangiomas: an evidence-based evaluationM L Bennett
Department of Dermatology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC, USA
Arch Dermatol 137:1208-13. 2001..001). No significant difference was observed as to the occurrence of adverse effects (P =.3). CONCLUSION: Systemic corticosteroid treatment seems to be effective for problematic cutaneous hemangiomas of infancy...
- Intralesional bleomycin for the treatment of hemangiomasConrad Pienaar
Department of Plastic Surgery, Red Cross Children s Hospital, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
Plast Reconstr Surg 117:221-6. 2006..Furthermore, involution often takes many years, with attendant psychological sequelae to the child. This is aggravated by the fact that most hemangiomas affect the head and neck and are visible and difficult to conceal...
- Sclerosing hemangioma with lymph node metastasisKyung Hee Kim
Department of Pathology, Eulji University Hospital, 24 14 Mok Dong, Jung Gu, Daejeon 301 808, Korea
Yonsei Med J 44:150-4. 2003Sclerosing hemangioma (SH) of the lung is an uncommon type of tumor, which is composed of polygonal and cuboidal cells. This disease is generally regarded as benign but extremely rare cases with lymph node metastasis have been reported...
- Hepatic hemangioma: atypical appearances on CT, MR imaging, and sonographyHyun Jung Jang
Radiation Medicine Branch, Research Institute, National Cancer Center, 809 Madu 1 dong, Ilsan gu, Goyang si, Gyeonggi Do, 411 764, Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 180:135-41. 2003
- Endothelial progenitor cells from infantile hemangioma and umbilical cord blood display unique cellular responses to endostatinZia A Khan
Vascular Biology Research Program and Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 108:915-21. 2006..Our hypothesis is that hemangioma-derived EPCs (HemEPCs) differentiate into the mature ECs that comprise the major compartment of the tumor...
- Indications and long-term outcome of treatment for benign hepatic tumors: a critical appraisalT Terkivatan
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Rotterdam Dijkzigt, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Arch Surg 136:1033-8. 2001..The natural history and clinical behavior of benign hepatic tumors during long-term follow-up may not justify primary surgical treatment...
- Vasculogenesis in infantile hemangiomaElisa Boscolo
Vascular Biology Program, Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Angiogenesis 12:197-207. 2009Infantile hemangioma is a vascular tumor that occurs in 5-10% of infants of European descent. A defining feature of infantile hemangioma is the dramatic growth and development into a disorganized mass of blood vessels...
- Giant liver hemangioma: therapy by enucleation or liver resectionErhan Hamaloglu
Department of General Surgery, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Basinevleri, Yankilar Sok, Ankara, Turkey
World J Surg 29:890-3. 2005b>Hemangioma is the most common primary tumor of the liver. The widespread use of ultrasonography (USG) and computed tomography (CT) has made the diagnosis more common...
- Propranolol in the treatment of problematic infantile hemangioma: review of 35 consecutive patients from a vascular anomalies clinicJanie Bertrand
Department of Medicine, CHU, Montreal, Canada
J Cutan Med Surg 16:317-23. 2012..Propranolol, a nonselective β-blocker, has been reported as efficient for controlling the growth of complicated infantile hemangiomas (IHs). No uniformly accepted protocol exists regarding the administration of oral propranolol for IH...
- Elevated IGF2 prevents leptin induction and terminal adipocyte differentiation in hemangioma stem cellsAlexandra Kleiman
Department of Pathology, University of Western Ontario, London ON, Canada
Exp Mol Pathol 94:126-36. 2013Infantile hemangioma is a benign vascular tumor that exhibits a unique yet predictable lifecycle of rapid proliferation followed by spontaneous regression...
- Propranolol for infantile hemangiomasLorea Bagazgoitia
Department of Dermatology, Hospital del Nino Jesus, Madrid, Spain
Pediatr Dermatol 28:108-14. 2011..This multicenter retrospective study describes the efficacy and adverse effects of propranolol in infantile hemangioma. Seventy-one infants with infantile hemangiomas were treated with oral propranolol, 1 mg/kg/12 hours, for at ..
- Propranolol versus corticosteroids in the treatment of infantile hemangioma: a systematic review and meta-analysisAli Izadpanah
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, McGill University Health Centre, 760 Upper Lansdowne Avenue, Westmount, Quebec H3Y 1J8, Canada
Plast Reconstr Surg 131:601-13. 2013..The authors reviewed the pathogenesis of hemangioma and compared the efficacy and complications related to therapy with propranolol versus corticosteroids.
- Eccrine angiomatous hamartoma with features resembling verrucous hemangiomaAnjela Galan
Department of Dermatology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
J Cutan Pathol 34:68-70. 2007..were negative for glucose transporter-1 protein (GLUT-1), supporting the impression of hamartoma over that of hemangioma. EAH has been described in association with spindle cell hemangioma and arteriovenous malformation; overlying ..
- Propranolol reduces infantile hemangioma volume and vessel densityMatthew M Bingham
University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 147:338-44. 2012To evaluate changes in infantile hemangioma tissue before and after propranolol therapy, using gray-scale and color Doppler ultrasound imaging.
- Propranolol: useful therapeutic agent for the treatment of ulcerated infantile hemangiomasLawrence H C Kim
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Sydney Children s Hospital, Randwick, New South Wales, Australia
J Pediatr Surg 46:759-63. 2011Infantile hemangioma (IH) is the most common vascular tumor in early childhood. Ulceration is the most frequent complication, and its management can be challenging...
- Symptomatic vertebral hemangioma in pregnancy treated antepartum. A case report with review of literatureKamath Vijay
Department of Orthopaedics and Spine Surgery, Ganga Hospital, 313, Mettupalayam Road, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, 641 011, India
Eur Spine J 17:S299-303. 2008Pregnancy related compressive myelopathy secondary to vertebral hemangioma is a rare occurrence and its treatment antepartum is rare...
- Monoclonal expansion of endothelial cells in hemangioma: an intrinsic defect with extrinsic consequences?Joyce Bischoff
Department of Surgery, Surgical Research Laboratory, Children s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Trends Cardiovasc Med 12:220-4. 2002Infantile hemangioma is a benign tumor of endothelial cells (ECs) that is well known to pediatricians because of its frequency and sometimes disturbingly rapid growth...
- Vascular lesions of the gastrointestinal tractJaroslaw Regula
Department of Gastroenterology, Medical Centre for Postgraduate Education, Institute of Oncology, Warsaw, Poland
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 22:313-28. 2008..Haemangiomas, benign neoplastic lesions, usually occur as part of other specific syndromes; they are difficult to manage due to the multiplicity and size of the lesions...
- Pericytes from infantile hemangioma display proangiogenic properties and dysregulated angiopoietin-1Elisa Boscolo
Vascular Biology Program and Department of Surgery, Boston Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 33:501-9. 2013Infantile hemangioma (IH) is a rapidly growing vascular tumor affecting newborns. It is composed of immature endothelial cells and pericytes that proliferate into a disorganized mass of blood vessels...
- Subcutaneous venous hemangioma of the breastSung Hun Kim
Department of Radiology, Kangnam St Mary s Hospital, Catholic University of Korea, 505 Banpo Dong, Seocho Gu, Seoul, Korea
J Ultrasound Med 26:1097-100. 2007
- Hemangiomas of infancyAnna L Bruckner
Department of Dermatology, University of Colorado, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 48:477-93; quiz 494-6. 2003....
- Adrenal hemangioma-adenoma: an exceedingly rare adrenal collision tumorAheed J Siddiqi
Department of Radiology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 29:949-52. 2009..We report a case of a 60-year-old female patient with an exceedingly rare adrenal hemangioma-adenoma collision tumor...
- Epithelioid hemangioma (angiolymphoid hyperplasia with eosinophilia) in the oral mucosaAnshul Aggarwal
Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology, KLE s V K Institute of Dental Sciences, JNMC Campus, Nehru Nagar, Belgaum, Karnataka, India
Indian J Dent Res 23:271-4. 2012..Many eosinophils and lymphocytes were also seen around the vessels. The diagnosis of ALHE was made from the above findings...
- Differences between ulcerated and non-ulcerated hemangiomas, a retrospective study of 465 casesDenise Josephina Johanna Hermans
Department of Dermatology Radboud University Medical Centre, Rene Descartesdreef 1, 6525 GC Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur J Dermatol 19:152-6. 2009..3%, p < 0.05). Ulceration most frequently took place during the proliferation phase of the hemangioma (83.1%)...
- Synovial hemangioma of the knee joint with cystic invasion of the femur: a case report and review of the literatureBoris Michael Holzapfel
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Ludwigs Maximilians University Munich, Marchioninistr 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 129:143-8. 2009Synovial hemangioma is a rare benign intra-articular tumor. It may be a cause of pain and recurrent joint swelling in children and young adults. This report presents a 29-year-old patient with a synovial hemangioma in the left knee joint...
- CT and MR imaging features of oral and maxillofacial hemangioma and vascular malformationNaoya Kakimoto
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, 1 8 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Eur J Radiol 55:108-12. 2005To present CT and MR images and compare CT and MRI features of oral and maxillofacial hemangioma and vascular malformation.
- Case report: Treatment failure using propanolol for treatment of focal subglottic hemangiomaKarina T Canadas
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, United States
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 74:956-8. 2010Subglottic hemangioma is a rare, potentially life threatening tumor of infancy which poses serious treatment challenges...
- Infantile hemangioma: an updateVibhu Mendiratta
Department of Dermatology and STD, Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi, India
Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 76:469-75. 2010..This article reviews current advances in the understanding of the pathogenesis, diagnostic tools, medical and surgical modalities of treatment for infantile hemangiomas...
- Efficacy and safety of propranolol in the treatment of parotid hemangiomaPaulo Morais
Department of Dermatovenereology, Hospital S Joao, EPE, University of Porto, Faculty of Medicine, Porto, Portugal
Cutan Ocul Toxicol 30:245-8. 2011A 2-month-old female patient presented an extensive bilateral parotid hemangioma (PH) focally ulcerated. Additionally, hepatic ultrasonography revealed a hemangioendothelioma located at right lobe...
- Robotic right hepatectomy for giant hemangioma in a Jehovah's WitnessPier Cristoforo Giulianotti
Division of General, Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Illinois at Chicago, 840 S Wood Street, Suite 435 E, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci 18:112-8. 2011..Herein, we describe the first reported application of minimally invasive surgery for the removal of a giant symptomatic hemangioma, using robotic surgery, in a Jehovah's Witness (JW) patient.
- Efficacy and safety of ethanol injections in 18 cases of vertebral hemangioma: a mean follow-up of 2 yearsT Bas
Unidad de Raquis, Hospital de la Ribera, Alzira, Spain
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 26:1577-82. 2001..2-year follow-up, the complication rate, results, and patient satisfaction with ethanol injection into vertebral hemangioma. SUMMARY OF BACKGROUND DATA: There is controversy about the safety of ethanol injections in the treatment of ..
- Hemangioma Research WorkshopIlona Frieden; Fiscal Year: 2005..This meeting has been initiated by the Hemangioma Investigator Group, a group from 7 pediatric dermatology centers who began in 2001 to meet and develop studies ..
- Mechanisms Regulating Hemangioendothelioma: A Plastic Surgeon's ChallengeGayle M Gordillo; Fiscal Year: 2013..Collectively, we will utilize the unique resources and infrastructure of the Hemangioma and Vascular Malformation Clinic at Nationwide Children's Hospital and the Laser Capture Microscopy Core ..
- Notch3 signaling in the pathogenesis of hemangiomaJUNE KAR MING WU; Fiscal Year: 2013..Jan Kitajewski, a vascular biologist studying Notch and Dr. Joyce Bischoff, a hemangioma expert...
- Cutaneous Hemangiomas and Signal TransductionJack L Arbiser; Fiscal Year: 2012..We have found that model hemangioma cells require a combination of reactive oxygen and akt activation, while model vascular malformation cells use ..
- Severity Scale and Quality of Life Instrument for Infantile HemangiomasANITA NIJHAWAN HAGGSTROM; Fiscal Year: 2010..This objective will be achieved by first creating a research infrastructure, the Hemangioma Investigator Group Research Core (HIG-RC), to provide support in the areas of research design, implementation, ..
- Molecular Imaging of Targeted Cardiac Gene TherapyJoseph C Wu; Fiscal Year: 2013..On the flip side, persistent and unregulated angiogenesis can lead to hemangioma in the heart and thus controlling gene expression in a targeted and regulatory fashion is needed...
- Endothelial Plasticity in Human DiseaseDamian Medici; Fiscal Year: 2013..Although some breakthroughs in understanding the molecular mechanisms that induce the proliferative phase of hemangioma progression have been made, little is known about why these tumors naturally regress...
- Blood vessel assembly from multipotent hemangioma-derived stem cellsJOYCE E BISCHOFF; Fiscal Year: 2012Infantile hemangioma is a common childhood tumor composed of disorganized blood vessels and immature endothelial cells...
- Molecular and Cellular Mechanisms of Vascular AnomaliesBjorn Reino Olsen; Fiscal Year: 2013..and development of new rational therapies, the investigators propose to continue their research on infantile hemangioma, a vascular tumor found in 10% of Caucasian children at 1 year of age, and venous malformations through highly ..
- Growth Regulatory Pathways in Vascular AnomaliesThuy L Phung; Fiscal Year: 2013..of vascular development and growth, and consist of a wide spectrum of disorders, including infantile hemangioma. Although infantile hemangioma is common and can cause severe physical and functional impairment for the child, ..
- PECAM-1 AND REGULATION OF ANGIOGENESISNader Sheibani; Fiscal Year: 2003..is a major regulator of EC phenotype and its expression is sufficient to restore a normal phenotype and suppress hemangioma formation in Polyoma middle T transformed mouse brain ECs...
- MECHANISMS OF CELL KILLING INDUCED BY RETROVIRUSESJohn Young; Fiscal Year: 2003..The fifth aim studies a variant of ALV-A, the avian hemangioma virus, which induces cell-killing...
- VASCULAR ANOMALIES: INVESTIGATIONS OF ETIOLOGIC FACTORSFrancine Blei; Fiscal Year: 2003..kindreds with positional cloning of potential candidate genes, and we are assessing loss of heterozygosity in hemangioma tissue to see if endothelial cells in hemangioma tissue is clonal. In collaboration with Dr...
- NATRIURETIC PEPTIDE INHIBITS VEGF SYNTHESIS AND ACTIONSELLIS LEVIN; Fiscal Year: 2002..is critical to normal development and wound healing, cancer metastases, diabetic proliferative retinopathy and hemangioma formation...
- The Effects of Prematurity on Visual DevelopmentWILLIAM GOOD; Fiscal Year: 2008..A comparison of head ultrasound and DTI findings will demonstrate whether DTI should replace ultrasound for the diagnosis of neurological injury in the newborn nursery. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EARLY TMT RETINOPATHY OF PREMATURITY HEADQUARTER GRANTWILLIAM GOOD; Fiscal Year: 2008..Outcome will be determined at a 6 month post-term ophthalmologic examination and at a 9 month post-term visual assessment examination. ..
- Skin Manifestations of Tuberous SclerosisJack Arbiser; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific Aim 3. To determine whether dysregulation of p16ink4a and PTCH (patched) acts as a modifier of theTS phenotype in transgenic mice expressing dominant negative tuberin. ..
- PEDIATRIC LOW VISIONWILLIAM GOOD; Fiscal Year: 2002..Do strabismus and anisometropia affect different visual functions differentially? Is the combination of risk-factors more amblyogenic? ..
- Gap Junction Mediated Signaling and Vascular ResponsesAlexander M Simon; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, these studies could also lead to new approaches to control vasculogenesis and angiogenesis in other clinically important settings, such as anti-angiogenesis treatments designed to fight cancer. ..
- OCULAR MELANOMADennis Robertson; Fiscal Year: 2003..Standardized clinical and data collection procedures will be employed; and standardized forms will be used in all centers. Central training and certification of all study staff will be required. ..
- Meditation and interoception: the role of the insulaSAHIB KHALSA; Fiscal Year: 2007..The second will longitudinally track changes in brain activity during heartbeat detection that result from learning the practice of meditation. ..
- Regulation of the human Dio3 geneStephen A Huang; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, we will use an in vivo animal model to study the impact of D3 expression on both local thyroid hormone action and the modulation of systemic thyroid status. ..
- Phase II Clinical Trial Assessing Efficacy and Safety of Oral Steroids vs. VincriBeth Drolet; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Endothelial Cell Growth and Differentiation in Semilunar Heart ValvesJoyce Bischoff; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Breast Tissue ablation by Conductive HeatingGal Shafirstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..It can also be applied, through further research, to other types of cancers (e.g. lung, kidney, head and neck) that involve surgical resection of solid tumors. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GELSOLIN: ROLES IN APOPTOSIS AND TUMOR DEVELOPMENTDavid Kwiatkowski; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results should provide major insight into the function of gelsolin in these processes and provide potential therapeutic strategies to modulate apoptosis and malignant potential. ..
- Engineered Vascular Tissue for Congenital MalformationsJennifer Marler; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Efficient Interpretation of 3D Vascular Image DataSandy Napel; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our overall goal is to change and validate the way crosssectional images are interpreted in general, thus resulting in improved accuracy and efficiency in the assessment of increasingly large volumes of medical image data. ..
- REGULATION OF GENE EXPRESSION BY OXYGENMARIA CZYZYK KRZESKA; Fiscal Year: 2005..An understanding of the physiological role of pVhl in regulation of gene expression during hypoxia will provide much needed information on how O2-sensitive cells respond and adapt to hypoxia. ..
- GENOTYPING CENTER FOR INNATE IMMUNITY PGADavid Kwiatkowski; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Polysomal RNA Antitumor ImmunityJohn Chi; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results from these experiments will help characterize the potential use of dendritic cells transfected with polysomal RNA in creating antigen specific tumor vaccines for brain tumors. ..
- Preclinical Studies of Rapamycin for TSC Brain DiseaseDavid Kwiatkowski; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will provide critical preclinical data that will support the use of rapamycin or analogues in the treatment of TSC patients with cortical tubers and subependymal giant cell astrocytomas. ..
- Tuberous Sclerosis: Mutations and Murine ModelsDavid Kwiatkowski; Fiscal Year: 2006..Last, the in vivo interaction in the mouse between Tsc2 null alleles and null alleles for p53, p27KIP, p21CIP, Msh2, and gelsolin will be explored. ..
- Effect of vertebral endplate composition on disc healthFrank Acosta; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Inositol hexakisphosphate kinase 2:apoptosis regulatorDaniel Lindner; Fiscal Year: 2006..Determine the relevance of IP6K2 domains for IFN- beta-therapy in vivo - Assess IP6K2 mutants grownas xenografts. ..
- Type 3 Iodothyronine Deiodinase in Infantile HemangiomasStephen Huang; Fiscal Year: 2006..Extremely high levels of D3 activity are present in proliferative hemangioma tissue, causing the rapid inactivation of thyroid hormone...
- Nitrosylcobalamin - A Novel Chemotherapeutic AgentDaniel Lindner; Fiscal Year: 2007..Determine whether inhibition of TCII-R expression causes resistance to NO-Cbl d. Define effects of IFN-beta upon S-nitrosylation of TRAIL receptors and PRL phosphatase ..
- Regulation of Cell Function by Intermittent HypoxiaMARIA CZYZYK KRZESKA; Fiscal Year: 2007..3) We will determine the role of proline hydroxylation in Rpb1 ubiquitination by VHL and measure the effects of IH and oxidative stress on proline hydroxylation in brain extracts from exposed animals, and in PC12 cells. ..
- MURINE MODELS OF TSC 1: MECHANISMS AND THERAPIESDavid Kwiatkowski; Fiscal Year: 2001....