- Chest wall lesions
Andrew J B Watt
The Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Yorkhill NHS Trust, Dalnair Street, Glasgow G3 8SF, Scotland, UK
Paediatr Respir Rev 3:328-38. 2002
- Wide spectrum of thoracic neurogenic tumours: a pictorial review of CT and pathological findings
O H Woo
Department of Radiology, College of Medicine, Korea University, Korea University Guro Hospital, 97 Guro dong, Guro Ku, Seoul, 152 703, Korea
Br J Radiol 81:668-76. 2008
..Knowledge of these findings will narrow the differential diagnosis and provide guidance for patient management...
- Attenuation correction of PET images with interpolated average CT for thoracic tumors
Tzung Chi Huang
Department of Biomedical Imaging and Radiological Sciences, National Yang Ming University, Taiwan
Phys Med Biol 56:2559-67. 2011
..The estimated dose for IACT was 0.38 mSv. The radiation dose using IACT could be reduced by 85% compared to the use of CACT. IACT is a good low-dose approximation of CACT for AC...
- Single-institution, multidisciplinary experience with surgical resection of primary chest wall sarcomas
Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Thorac Oncol 7:552-8. 2012
..Primary chest wall sarcomas are rare mesenchymal tumors and their mainstay of therapy is wide surgical resection. We report our single-institution, multidisciplinary experience with full-thickness resection for primary chest wall sarcomas...
- Intrathoracic tumour motion estimation from CT imaging using the 3D optical flow method
Division of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Phys Med Biol 49:4147-61. 2004
..Surprisingly, oesophageal tumour motion was large and nonuniform, with greatest motion occurring at the gastro-oesophageal junction...
- Preoperative chemotherapy is essential for conservative surgery of Askin tumors
Thoracic Surgery Division, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 125:428-9. 2003
- Extrathoracic protrusion of a chronic expanding hematoma in the chest mimicking a soft tissue tumor
Department of General Thoracic Surgery, Osaka City General Hospital, 2 13 22 Miyakojima Hondori, Miyakojima ku, Osaka, 534 0021, Japan
Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 58:202-4. 2010
..The postoperative pathology examination confirmed a diagnosis of a granular cell reaction. Details of the clinical and radiographic features are presented...
- Imaging features of peripheral primitive neuroectodermal tumours
Department of Radiology, IRCH, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 110029, India
Br J Radiol 81:975-83. 2008
..The chest wall is the most common of these sites, the imaging features of which have been well described in earlier studies. The present pictorial essay illustrates the imaging features of PNETs at various extracranial locations...
- DNA methylation in thoracic neoplasms
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Second Xiangya Hospital of Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, PR China
Cancer Lett 301:7-16. 2011
b>Thoracic neoplasms, which include lung cancers, esophageal carcinoma, and thymic epithelial tumors, are the leading causes of tumor-related death and a major health concern worldwide...
- Prevalence of metastases in hepatocellular carcinoma: risk factors and impact on survival
Ming Sing Si
UCI Medical Center, Department of Surgery, Section of Hepatobiliary and Pancreas Surgery and Islet Cell Transplantation, Orange, California 92868, USA
Am Surg 69:879-85. 2003
..Poor differentiation, larger tumors, and those with multilobar spread have increased risk for metastasis. Patients with thoracic spread have poor prognosis as compared to other locations of metastasis...
- Outcome after surgical resections of recurrent chest wall sarcomas
Michael W Wouters
Department of Surgical Oncology and Medical Statistics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 26:5113-8. 2008
..Sarcomas of the chest wall are rare, and wide surgical resection is generally the cornerstone of treatment. The objective of our study was to evaluate outcome of full-thickness resections of recurrent and primary chest wall sarcomas...
- Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma presenting as a large chest wall mass
Po Kuei Hsu
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Ann Thorac Surg 81:1214-8. 2006
..Malignant lymphoma presenting as a solitary chest wall mass is not frequently seen. Only a few case reports have been found in the English literature. The treatment for primary chest wall lymphoma remains unclear...
- Diagnostic imaging of primitive neuroectodermal tumour of the chest wall (Askin tumour)
Radiology Department, Catholic University of Rome, Largo A Gemelli 8, I 00 168 Rome, Italy
Pediatr Radiol 28:697-702. 1998
..MR was superior to CT in the evaluation of tumour extension in one of three patients and may be considered complementary to CT, particularly in very large chest wall tumours...
- Complete clinical response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in a 54-year-old male with Askin tumor
Department of Surgery, Adelaide and Meath Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin, Ireland
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 58:306-8. 2010
..We report a case of Askin tumor in a 54-year-old male who showed rapid and complete response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy. This allowed potentially radical surgery to be avoided. At one-year follow-up he remains disease-free...
- Elastofibroma dorsi: prevalence in an elderly patient population as revealed by CT
E A Brandser
Department of Radiology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City 52242, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 171:977-80. 1998
..We wanted to determine the prevalence and appearance of elastofibroma dorsi in an elderly patient population (n = 258) who underwent CT of the chest for reasons other than to evaluate posterolateral chest wall pain, stiffness, or a mass...
- Megavoltage CT-assisted stereotactic radiosurgery for thoracic tumors: original research in the treatment of thoracic neoplasms
Department of Radiology, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 48:449-57. 2000
..The aim of the study was to evaluate the efficacy of stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) for thoracic tumors with megavoltage computed tomography (MVCT) from the point of view of symptom palliation as well as local control...
- The results of surgical treatment of chest wall tumors in childhood
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Hacettepe University, 06100, Sihhiye Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Surg Int 22:135-9. 2006
..The patients should be closely followed up for late complications such as scoliosis, restrictive pulmonary disease and for the development of metastasis, which is a part of natural course of malignant CWT in children...
- Fine needle aspiration cytologic findings in malignant small cell tumor of the thoracopulmonary region (Askin tumor)
P V Kumar
Department of Pathology, Shiraz Medical School, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Acta Cytol 38:702-6. 1994
..They were positively stained by periodic acid-Schiff stain. The histologic sections confirmed the cytologic diagnosis of Askin tumor. Four of the patients died within 7-11 months after treatment began...
- Posterior intrathoracic neurinoma cure: a transforaminal resection after a thoracotomy
Jean Ader Jules
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Caen, Cean, France
Ann Thorac Surg 79:1411-2. 2005
..We report two cases to stress the importance of assessing the size of the intervertebral foramina in planning neurinoma cure...
- Soft-tissue sarcomas of the chest wall: prognostic factors
Jefferson Luiz Gross
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Hospsital do Cancer A C Camargo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Chest 127:902-8. 2005
..To evaluate factors that are predictive of outcome for patients with chest wall soft-tissue sarcomas...
- Intrathoracic malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor in von Recklinghausen's disease
J H Park
Department of Internal Medicine, Chonbuk National University, School of Medicine, 634-18 Keumam-dong, Duckjin-ku, Chonju 561-712, Chonbuk, South Korea
Korean J Intern Med 16:201-4. 2001
..But intrathoracic manifestations are very rare. We report a case of a 40 year-old man with multiple neurofibromatosis who was presented with an intrathoracic malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor...
- Chest-wall desmoid tumors: results of surgical intervention
Abbas E Abbas
Division of General Thoracic Surgery, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 78:1219-23; discussion 1219-23. 2004
..We are analyzing our experience with treatment of desmoid tumors of the chest wall and adjacent structures...
- Ectopic hepatocellular carcinoma arising in the left chest wall: a long-term follow-up
Service d Hepatologie, Hopital Beaujon, 100 Bd du Gal Leclerc, 92118 Clichy, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 13:873-5. 2001
..We conclude that solitary extrahepatic HCC (i) may arise in ectopic liver tissue; (ii) should not be considered as a metastasis of an occult HCC; and (iii) can be amenable to cure through resection...
- Whole-body FDG positron emission tomographic imaging for staging esophageal cancer comparison with computed tomography
C C Meltzer
Department of Radiology, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Nucl Med 25:882-7. 2000
- Thoracoscopic removal of intrathoracic neurogenic tumors: a combined Chinese experience
H P Liu
Division of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University, Taiwan
Ann Surg 232:187-90. 2000
..To review the surgical and clinical results of minimally invasive resection of intrathoracic neurogenic tumors using a video-assisted thoracoscopic technique...
- Extended lateral parascapular approach for resection of a giant multi-compartment thoracic schwannoma
Giacomo G Vecil
Department of Neurosurgery, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 442, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 150:1295-300; discussion 1300. 2008
..We describe the complete resection of a massive multi-compartmental thoracic schwannoma by an extended lateral parascapular approach...
- Elastofibroma dorsi as differential diagnosis in tumors of the thoracic wall
Department for General Surgery and Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital of Schleswig Holstein, Kiel, Germany
Ann Thorac Surg 82:1501-4. 2006
..Histology from the specimen was consistent with elastofibroma dorsi with free resection margins...
- Surgical resection of secondary chest wall tumors
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Thoraxklinik Heidelberg, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 53:234-9. 2005
..The objective of this study was to evaluate which factors influence survival following surgical resection of secondary tumors of the chest wall (non-bronchial carcinoma)...
- Does whole-body 2-[18F]-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose positron emission tomography have an advantage over thoracic positron emission tomography for staging patients with lung cancer?
Suzanne L Aquino
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Chest 126:755-60. 2004
..Thoracic PET (from the skull base through the kidneys) may be equally as useful as WB PET (skull base to mid-thigh). With the recent introduction of hybrid CT-PET systems, use of thoracic PET would minimize radiation dose...
- Transcatheter arterial embolization for tumor seeding in the chest wall after radiofrequency ablation for hepatocellular carcinoma
Department of Diagnostic Imaging and Nuclear Medicine, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Shogoin, Sakyoku, Japan
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 29:479-81. 2006
..We conclude that transcatheter arterial embolization was effective for the control of tumor seeding after radiofrequency ablation for hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Thoracic hemangiomas: imaging via CT, MR, and PET along with pathologic correlation
Department of Radiology, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya, Japan
J Thorac Imaging 23:114-20. 2008
..To characterize the imaging features of thoracic hemangioma, including findings on computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and positron emission tomography (PET) using 18F-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose (FDG)...
- Giant chest wall tumour invading the abdominal cavity: simultaneous reconstruction of the chest wall and hemidiaphragm
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Zonguldak Karaelmas University, School of Medicine, Zonguldak, Turkey
Can J Surg 51:E30-1. 2008
- Metastatic somatostatinoma of the chest wall
Department of Chest Surgery, Osaka Police Hospital, Tennouji, Japan
Jpn J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 53:266-8. 2005
..Our case represents a rare documentation of somatostatinoma metastatic to the chest wall for which complete resection was performed...
- Giant soft tissue liposarcoma of chest wall
Y Altemur Karamustafaoglu
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Kirikkale State Hospital, 71100 Kirikkale, Turkey
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 129:1189-90. 2005
- [Perioperative targeting brachytherapy for lung cancer invading the chest wall]
Department of General and Cardiothoracic Surgery, School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan
Kyobu Geka 57:1198-201. 2004
..We believe that this short period of treatment and the low side effects enhances the quality of the patients. Prevention of local recurrence was achieved in short term follow-up...
- Breast reconstruction with a transverse rectus abdominis myocutaneous flap: spectrum of normal and abnormal MR imaging findings
Ronit Karpati Devon
Department of Radiology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Radiographics 24:1287-99. 2004
..MR imaging allows differentiation between benign and malignant findings in patients with palpable abnormalities or pain after TRAM flap reconstruction...
- Extramedullary plasmacytoma immunoglobulin D (lambda) in the chest wall and the subglottic region
Department of Oncological Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokushima, Kuramoto Cho 3, Tokushima 770 8503, Japan
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 129:1168-9. 2005
- Desmoid tumor: a case of mistaken identity
Department of Surgery, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Breast J 11:60-4. 2005
- Primary synovial sarcoma of the posterior chest wall
Jung Jyh Hung
Department of Surgery, Cathay General Hospital, School of Medicine, Fu Jen Catholic University, Taipei, Taiwan
Ann Thorac Surg 85:2120-2. 2008
..Prompt diagnosis and aggressive surgical resection is mandatory for primary synovial sarcoma of the chest wall because of its aggressive behavior...
- Imaging evaluation of chest wall disorders in children
Nancy R Fefferman
Division of Pediatric Radiology, Department of Radiology, New York University School of Medicine, 560 First Avenue, RIRM 234, New York, NY 10016, USA
Radiol Clin North Am 43:355-70. 2005
..This article discusses the imaging evaluation of chest wall disorders in children...
- Elastofibroma of the thoracic wall
Department of Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital of Gran Canaria Dr Negrin, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 7:626-8. 2008
..Given its benign character and slow growth, in cases where it is asymptomatic, its evolution can be controlled without surgical intervention...
- Evaluation of chest wall invasion by lung cancer using respiratory dynamic MRI
Department of Radiology, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol 52:36-9. 2008
- Radiological features of synovial cell sarcoma
P J O'Sullivan
Department of Radiology, Musculoskeletal Division, Vancouver General Hospital, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Br J Radiol 81:346-56. 2008
..In addition, the pathology, staging, prognosis and management of synovial sarcoma is briefly discussed...
- Lung cancer invading the chest wall: a plea for en-bloc resection but the need for new treatment strategies
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, Marseille, France
Ann Thorac Surg 80:2032-40. 2005
..The aim of this study was to assess prognostic factors in completely resected pT3 chest wall NSCLC patients...
- Transmural intrathoracic lipoma with intraspinal extension
Department of Pediatric Surgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110029, India
J Pediatr Surg 42:2120-2. 2007
..Complete excision was curative. The chest wall defect was repaired with Prolene mesh. Only one similar case has been previously reported in the English literature...
- [Clear cell sarcoma of the chest wall; report of a case]
Department of Thoracic Surgery, National Organization Shizuoka Fuji National Hospital, Fujinomiya, Japan
Kyobu Geka 59:1119-22. 2006
..The pathological diagnosis was clear cell sarcoma of the chest wall. The postoperative course was uneventful. She has shown no symptoms or signs of recurrence during 14 months of follow-up...
- Large cystic tumour at the chest wall mimicking an echinococcosis: a case report
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Basel, Switzerland
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 61:e13-6. 2008
..Late onset lymphatic malformations can mimic malignant tumours or other rare conditions such as echinococcosis which has to be taken into consideration as differential diagnosis especially in known areas of hydatid diseases...
- [Desmoid tumor of chest wall--an important differential diagnosis to malignancies]
Saemundur J Oddsson
Laeknabladid 92:777-80. 2006
..The tumor was resected together with a part of the anterior hemithorax, and the defect in the chest wall covered with a Goretex-patch. Six months postoperatively, the patient is doing well with no signs of locally recurrent disease...
- Recurrent primary synovial sarcoma of the chest wall
Department of Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55901, USA
J Thorac Oncol 2:660-1. 2007
..Recurrent synovial sarcoma was confirmed by histological examination. Synovial sarcoma should be considered in the differential diagnosis of chest masses, especially in young or middle-aged adults...
- Chest wall implantation of thymic cancer after computed tomography-guided core needle biopsy
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Translational Medical Sciences, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, 1 7 1 Sakamoto, Nagasaki 852 8501, Japan
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 32:171-3. 2007
..The risk of tumor implantation and the related complications that can occur with transthoracic needle biopsy should be considered in patients with a malignant tumor. The indications for transthoracic needle biopsy should be restricted...
- Active breathing control (ABC): determination and reduction of breathing-induced organ motion in the chest
Department of Radiotherapy, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 67:742-9. 2007
..We evaluated the feasibility of respiratory observation tools using the active breathing control (ABC) system and the effect on breathing cycle regularity and reproducibility...
- The role of US and MR imaging in detecting local chest wall tumor recurrence after mastectomy
Mehmet Halit Yilmaz
Department of Radiology, Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Diagn Interv Radiol 13:13-8. 2007
..To determine the role of clinical examination, ultrasonography (US), and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in detecting local tumor recurrence in patients who underwent modified radical mastectomy for breast cancer...
- Ultrasonography is superior to computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging in determining superficial resection margins of malignant chest wall tumors
General Surgery Unit, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Via Pupilli 1, IT 40136 Bologna, Italy
J Ultrasound Med 26:157-62. 2007
..The purpose of this study was to retrospectively analyze results obtained in 22 patients affected by malignant high-grade chest wall tumors evaluated preoperatively by ultrasonography as well as other imaging techniques...
- Generalized myelolipoma
Mohammad Taghi Arzanian
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Mofid Children s Hospital, Tehran, Iran
Arch Iran Med 9:274-6. 2006
..Herein, we present a 6-year-old girl with myelolipoma with generalized involvement of her abdomen, pelvis, chest, and retroorbital region...
- The value of radio-imaging methods in the diagnosis of chest wall metastases
Department of Anatomy I, Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy Timisoara
Rom J Morphol Embryol 47:79-81. 2006
..The imaging methods clearly showed the number, the extent, the anatomic reports and the aggressive characteristics of chest wall metastases being of great value in the decision of adequate therapy...
- A large chest wall tumour in an asymptomatic 15-year-old girl
K C Chen
Department of Surgery, National Taiwan University Hospital, No 7, Chung Shan South Road, Taipei, Taiwan
Thorax 63:41, 94. 2008
- [Intrathoracic lipoblastoma with costal involvement]
Servicio de Radiodiagnostico, Radiología Pediátrica, Hospital Materno lnfantil del Complejo Hospitalario Universitario Carlos Haya, Malaga, Espana
Radiologia 48:394-7. 2006
..Plain-film chest x-rays showed an extrapleural mass; computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) suggested fatty contents. The differential diagnosis is mainly versus liposarcoma, which is extremely rare in children...
- Large chest wall reconstruction using a pedicled osteomuscle composite flap: report of a case
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Tokyo Metropolitan Komagome Hospital, Honkomagome, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 8677, Japan
Surg Today 36:180-3. 2006
- An unusual case of grass inflorescence aspiration presenting as a chest wall tumour
Department of Paediatric Oncology, Institute of Oncology, Hacettepe University, 06100, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Radiol 36:434-6. 2006
..We report here unique CT findings of grass inflorescence aspiration before and after its migration through the airways...
- [Intrathoracic localisation of desmoid tumours: a familial case of isolated desmoid tumours and current published data]
Service de Chirurgie Digestive, Thoracique et Cancérologique, CHU du Bocage, 2, boulevard Mal de Lattre de Tassigny, 21079 Dijon Cedex, France
Ann Chir 131:459-63. 2006
..One year later, the desmoid tumor had completely disappeared. Even though wide surgical excision is an essential element in the treatment of desmoid tumors, spontaneous regression may occur in very advanced disease...
- Radical resection of a giant Ewing's sarcoma of the anterior chest wall
Georgios P Georghiou
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Rabin Medical Center Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 8:145-6. 2006
- Chest wall metastasis from unknown primary site of hepatocellular carcinoma
Yil Sik Hyun
Department of Internal Medicine, Hanyang University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
World J Gastroenterol 12:2139-42. 2006
..After one year, a follow-up abdominal computed tomography (CT) still revealed no evidence of primary hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Soft tissue tumours and mass-like lesions of the chest wall: a pictorial review of CT and MR findings
Department of Radiology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Br J Radiol 80:574-80. 2007
..Other lesions encountered include desmoid tumours and malignant fibrous histiocytoma. Many have distinctive radiological findings or occur in specific locations, allowing a specific radiological diagnosis to be suggested...
- Intensive follow-up after liver resection for colorectal liver metastases: results of combined serial tumour marker estimations and computed tomography of the chest and abdomen - a prospective study
Department of Surgery, Royal Free and University College School of Medicine, University College London, The Royal Free Hospital, Pond Street, London NW3 2QG, UK
Br J Cancer 95:21-6. 2006
..Tumour markers and CT should be used in combination in the follow-up of patients with resected colorectal liver metatases, including patients whose markers are normal at the time of initial liver resection...
- Leiomyoma originating from the extrapleural tissue of the chest wall
Department of Chest Surgery, Labor Welfare Niigata Rosai Hospital, Joetsu, Japan
Jpn J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 54:242-5. 2006
..Histopathology confirmed that the tumor was leiomyoma arising from the microvascular smooth muscle in the chest wall. We present the immunohistochemical profiles of the tumor in detail, critically reviewing the previously reported cases...
- Long-term outcomes in breast cancer patients with ten or more positive axillary nodes treated with combined-modality therapy: the importance of radiation field selection
Daniel T Chang
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610 0385, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 67:1043-51. 2007
..To determine the long-term outcome of a consistent treatment approach with electron beam postmastectomy radiation therapy (PMRT) in breast cancer patients with > or =10 positive nodes treated with combined-modality therapy...
- Primary angiosarcoma of the chest wall: CT and MR findings
Department of Radiology, NTT East Tohoku Hospital, Sendai City, Miyagi, Japan
Radiat Med 20:101-3. 2002
..MRI demonstrated certain characteristic findings of angiosarcoma of the chest wall. Intratumoral hemorrhage with juxtaposed hematoma and aggressive invasion to the surrounding tissue suggest angiosarcoma...
- Case 65: hemangioma of the chest wall
Justin Q Ly
Department of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, Wilford Hall USAF Medical Center, 759th MDTS MTRD, 2200 Bergquist Dr, Suite 1, Lackland AFB, TX 78236 5300, USA
Radiology 229:726-9. 2003
- Soft tissue mass involving the right lower chest wall
Birmingham Children s Hospital, UK
Paediatr Respir Rev 4:267-8, 270. 2003
- Pseudomesotheliomatous angiosarcoma of the chest wall and pleura
Chiara Del Frate
Department of Radiology, Abdominal Imaging Group, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Thorac Imaging 18:200-3. 2003
..In this report, we present the CT and PET features of a patient with pseudomesotheliomatous angiosarcoma of the chest wall and pleura, which, to the best of our knowledge, have not previously been described...
- Management for chest wall implantation of non-small cell lung cancer after fine-needle aspiration biopsy
Joo Hyun Kim
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Seoul National University Hospital, Cancer Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 23:828-32. 2003
..We investigated the clinical outcomes of implantation metastasis after percutaneous fine-needle aspiration biopsy of pulmonary mass suggestive of lung cancer...
- A case of pyothorax-associated lymphoma simulating empyema necessitatis
Department of Radiology, Ewha Womans University, Mokdong Hospital, 911 1 Mokdong Yangcheon Ku, Seoul 158 710, South Korea
Clin Imaging 27:162-5. 2003
..Decortication and extirpation of the chest wall mass were performed, and histopathologic examination confirmed diffused large cell type non-Hodgkin's lymphoma...
- Recurrent ovarian malignancy: patterns and spectrum of imaging findings
C M Park
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, SNUMRC, Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744, Korea
Abdom Imaging 28:404-15. 2003
..Familiarity with the patterns and spectrum of imaging findings of recurrent ovarian malignancy will facilitate accurate diagnosis and prompt treatment...
- Angiosarcoma of the chest wall in a patient with fibrous dysplasia
Department of General Thoracic Surgery, Kawasaki Municipal Hospital, 12 1 Shinkawa tori, Kawasaki, Japan
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 22:654-5. 2002
..One of these tumors had a histological component of fibrous dysplasia. The patient died from brain metastasis 19 months after the first operation. Angiosarcoma associated with fibrous dysplasia of the chest wall is very rare...
- [Giant chondrosarcoma of the chest wall]
M Haro Estarriol
Arch Bronconeumol 38:401. 2002
- Chest wall invasion in lung cancer patients
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical School, Istanbul
Acta Chir Belg 103:396-400. 2003
..The survival of patients changed according to the completeness of the resection and lymphatic metastases of either N1 or N2...
- How we performed chest wall reconstruction: analysis 31 cases
Z B Tan
Department of Surgical Oncology, B P Koirala Memorial Cancer Hospital, Chitwan, Nepal
Indian J Cancer 40:27-30. 2003
..To see the results of patients who underwent chest wall resection and reconstruction (CWRR)...
- Chest wall tumors: radiologic findings and pathologic correlation: part 1. Benign tumors
Division of Diagnostic Radiology, National Cancer Center Hospital and Institute, 5 1 1, Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, 104 0045, Tokyo, Japan
Radiographics 23:1477-90. 2003
..Both aneurysmal bone cysts and giant cell tumors typically manifest as expansile osteolytic lesions and occasionally show fluid-fluid levels suggestive of diagnosis...
- Chest wall tumors: radiologic findings and pathologic correlation: part 2. Malignant tumors
Division of Diagnostic Radiology, Pathology, Orthopedics, and Thoracic Surgery, National Cancer Center Hospital and Institute, 5 1 1, Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, 104 0045 Tokyo, Japan
Radiographics 23:1491-508. 2003
..The article reviews the clinical and imaging features of the most common malignant chest wall tumors and presents images collected at a single cancer referral center...
- [Thoraxsonography--Part 1: Chest wall and pleura]
Interne Abteilung Landeskrankenhaus Hohenems, Osterreich
Praxis (Bern 1994) 93:615-21. 2004
..Pleural mesotheliomas can be delineated nearly equally well on sonograms and on computed tomography. Morphological and, in particular, functional diagnosis of the diaphragm by means of sonography is both reliable and convincing...
- Chest wall tumors presenting as breast lumps
Department of Histopathology, Charing Cross Hospital and Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Breast J 10:150-3. 2004
..It is suggested that these two cases may not be unique and that some mesenchymal breast tumors might have their origin in the chest wall. Breast computed tomography (CT) scans would help identify similar cases...
- [Primitive neuroectodermal tumor of the chest wall (Askin tumor)]
Ankara Numune Hastanesi Radyoloji Bölümü, Ankara
Tani Girisim Radyol 9:108-9. 2003
- CT imaging findings of pulmonary neoplasms after treatment with radiofrequency ablation: results in 32 tumors
Jonathan D Bojarski
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Rhode Island Hospital, Brown Medical School, 593 Eddy St, Providence, RI 02903, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 185:466-71. 2005
The purpose of this study is to describe the CT appearance of thoracic neoplasms after treatment with radiofrequency ablation (RFA).
- Endoscopically assisted decompression for metastatic thoracic neoplasms
R F McLain
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:1130-5. 1998
..Endoscopy provides a readily available and easily applied tool that dramatically improves the surgeon's vision, providing light, magnification, and a direct view of remote structures...
- Malignant mesothelioma induced in baboons by inhalation of amosite asbestos
Department of Health and Population Development, National Centre for Occupational Health, Johannesburg, South Africa
Am J Ind Med 24:659-66. 1993
..If human beings are likely to react to amosite as do baboons, epidemiological follow-up should include identification of abdominal as well as thoracic neoplasms.
- Treatment for radiation-induced pulmonary late effects: spoiled for choice or looking in the wrong direction?
Jacqueline P Williams
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 647, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Curr Drug Targets 11:1386-94. 2010
..pneumonitis and pulmonary fibrosis, are relatively frequent outcomes following radiation treatment of thoracic neoplasms. Because of the potential lethal nature of these normal tissue reactions, they not only lead to quality-of-..
- Chronic eosinophilic pneumonia associated with neurofibromatosis type 1: an unusual complication
Department of Pneumonology, Army General Hospital of Athens, Greece
J Med Invest 56:64-9. 2009
..manifestations have hitherto been reported, including chest wall deformities, diffuse lung disease, thoracic neoplasms, pulmonary arterial hypertension, central hypoventilation, diaphragmatic paralysis and meningocele...
- Clinical retrospective analysis of erlotinib in the treatment of elderly patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer
Medical Oncology Unit 2, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Via G Venezian 1, 20133, Milan, Italy
Target Oncol 6:181-6. 2011
..of molecularly targeted therapies as a palliative approach in elderly populations affected by advanced thoracic neoplasms, we retrospectively studied, in terms of effectiveness and toxicities, a group of pretreated elderly ..
- Screening for coronary artery disease after mediastinal irradiation for Hodgkin's disease
Paul A Heidenreich
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:43-9. 2007
Incidental cardiac irradiation during treatment of thoracic neoplasms has increased risks for subsequent acute myocardial infarction or sudden cardiac death...
- E-cadherin expression in primary and metastatic thoracic neoplasms and in Barrett's oesophagus
P F Bongiorno
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109
Br J Cancer 71:166-72. 1995
..disorganised expression of E-cadherin appear to be related to transcriptional and post-translational events respectively, and both appear to represent altered cell adhesion associated with invasion and metastasis in thoracic neoplasms.
- Thoracic neoplasms in children
Lucile Packard Children s Hospital at Stanford University School of Medicine, Department of Radiology, 725 Welch Road, Room 1677, Stanford, CA 94305 5913, USA
Radiol Clin North Am 49:633-64, v. 2011
..The relative roles of plain film, fluoroscopy, ultrasound, CT, MR imaging, and nuclear imaging in assessing these lesions are reviewed. Areas covered include the mediastinum, heart, lungs, airway, pleura, and chest wall...
- [CT guided selective pneumomediastinography in thoracic imaging]
Department of Radiology, Yamagata University School of Medicine
Rinsho Hoshasen 35:147-56. 1990
..CT would seem to be useful method for assessing the invasion to the neighboring structures in the thoracic neoplasms. But scanty fat in mediastinum often interferes with correct evaluation of mediastinal structures in ..
- Primary synovial sarcoma of the lung with intra-cardiac extension
Veena S Devarakonda
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Respiration 81:249-52. 2011
..Pulmonary synovial sarcomas are quite rare and account for less than 0.5% of all intra-thoracic neoplasms. We present the first reported case of primary pulmonary synovial sarcoma with intra cardiac extension in a ..
- Between Scylla and Charybdis: long-term cardiovascular complications after radiotherapy for Hodgkin's lymphoma
Department of Cardiology, Institute of Emergency for Cardiovascular Diseases Prof Dr C C Iliescu, Bucharest, Romania
Hellenic J Cardiol 50:538-43. 2009
..This is an important issue--especially for thoracic neoplasms with long-term survival, such as breast cancer or Hodgkin's lymphoma--because of the increased ..
- Radiation esophagitis: Predictive factors and preventive strategies
Department of Radiation Oncology, Alvin J Siteman Cancer Center, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Semin Radiat Oncol 14:280-6. 2004
Radiation esophagitis remains the primary dose-limiting acute toxicity in the radiotherapeutic management of thoracic neoplasms. Improved understanding of this toxicity will facilitate dose escalation and enhancement of the therapeutic ..
- The radiologic measurement of mesothelioma
Samuel G Armato
Department of Radiology, University of Chicago, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, MC 2026, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 19:1053-66, vi. 2005
..unique circumferential and often scalloped morphology of mesothelioma, however, distinguishes it from other thoracic neoplasms. The challenges of measuring mesothelioma are many...
- Nerves of the mediastinum
Heilongjian Provincial Hospital, Haerbin, 250036 People s Republic of China
Thorac Surg Clin 21:239-49, ix. 2011
..of the anatomy of the mediastinal nerves is essential for the evaluation and surgical treatment of most thoracic neoplasms. Thorough knowledge of the normal anatomy of the mediastinal nerves and of their variants cannot be ..
- WT1 peptide vaccinations induce CD4 and CD8 T cell immune responses in patients with mesothelioma and non-small cell lung cancer
Lee M Krug
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY, 10065, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 59:1467-79. 2010
..We tested the safety and immunogenicity of a WT1 vaccine comprised of four class I and class II peptides in patients with thoracic neoplasms expressing WT1.
- MR imaging of thoracic trauma
S E Mirvis
Department of Radiology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, USA
Magn Reson Imaging Clin N Am 8:91-104. 2000
..are equivocal; to help assess the aorta and mediastinum in cases of potential injury that are not clarified by CT scan or thoracic angiography; and to identify the true origin of trauma-related masses that may simulate thoracic neoplasms.
- Components of geriatric assessments predict thoracic surgery outcomes
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
J Surg Res 166:5-13. 2011
..The goal of our prospective study was to determine if individual questions extracted from validated screens for common geriatric syndromes would have predictive value for surgical risk in geriatric patients with thoracic neoplasms.
- A new alternative for bony chest wall reconstruction using biomaterial artificial rib and pleura: animal experiment and clinical application
Lan jun Zhang
Department of Thoracic Surgery and State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, Sun Yat sen University Cancer Center, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 40:939-47. 2011
..Further, the clinical application was performed in five patients with large defects in the chest wall as a preliminary observation...