Genomes and Genes
Summary: Any discrete, presumably solitary, mass of neoplastic plasma cells either in bone marrow or various extramedullary sites.
Publications296 found, 100 shown here
- Plasmacytoma of bone, extramedullary plasmacytoma, and multiple myeloma: incidence and survival in the United States, 1992-2004Graca M Dores
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Medical Service, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Br J Haematol 144:86-94. 2009Population-based plasmacytoma incidence and survival data are sparse...
- Cdkn2a, the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor encoding p16INK4a and p19ARF, is a candidate for the plasmacytoma susceptibility locus, Pctr1S Zhang
Laboratory of Genetics, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 4255, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:2429-34. 1998..assays with retinoblastoma protein, suggesting this defective, inherited allele plays an important role in the genetic susceptibility of BALB/c mice for plasmacytoma induction and that p16(INK4a) is a strong candidate for the Pctr1 locus.
- An unusual presentation of extramedullary plasmacytoma occurring sequentially in the testis, subcutaneous tissue, and heartL A Fernandez
Department of Medicine, Dalhousie University and Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, Nova Scotia, Canada
Am J Hematol 67:194-6. 2001Extramedullary plasmacytoma (EMP) is a rare neoplasm of soft tissue that usually arises in the respiratory tract, nasal cavity, sinuses, and nasopharynx. It is even more uncommon for it to arise either in the testis or heart...
- Gp130 and ras mediated signaling in human plasma cell line INA-6: a cytokine-regulated tumor model for plasmacytomaR Burger
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine III, University of Erlangen Nuernberg, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Hematol J 2:42-53. 2001..Cytokines of the gp130-family, particularly interleukin(IL)-6, play a crucial role in the propagation of malignant plasma cells...
- Plasmacytoma relapses in the absence of systemic progression post-high-dose therapy for multiple myelomaEvangelos Terpos
Department of Haematology, Faculty of Medicine Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Eur J Haematol 75:376-83. 2005..The median time from SCT to plasmacytoma relapse was 24 months. The sites of plasmacytoma included bone, skin, rectum, and testicles...
- Rearrangements of the c-myc oncogene are present in 15% of primary human multiple myeloma tumorsH Avet-Loiseau
Hematology Laboratory, INSERM U463, and the Department of Clinical Hematology, University Hospital, Nantes, France
Blood 98:3082-6. 2001....
- Insertion of c-Myc into Igh induces B-cell and plasma-cell neoplasms in miceSung Sup Park
Laboratory of Genetics, Genetics Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Cancer Res 65:1306-15. 2005..shift in Myc expression, a hallmark of MYC/Myc deregulation in human endemic Burkitt lymphoma and mouse plasmacytoma. Only 1 (6...
- Mouse plasmacytoma: an experimental model of human multiple myelomaK Gado
National Institute of Hematology and Immunology, Budapest, Hungary
Haematologica 86:227-36. 2001..There is no ideal animal model for human multiple myeloma (MM). All the models resemble the human disease in some respect, but none of them fulfils all the criteria of a perfect animal model...
- Primary submucosal nodular plasmacytoma of the stomach: a poorly recognized variant of gastric lymphomaMaki Kanzawa
Department of Diagnostic Pathology, Kobe University Hospital, Hyogo, Japan
Diagn Pathol 8:30. 2013Gastric plasmacytoma (GP) is a rare variant of gastric lymphomas. In the exceptional event that a patient presents with GP, the lesion occupies the mucosal layer in the vast majority of cases...
- Expression of CD19 and lack of miR-223 distinguish extramedullary plasmacytoma from multiple myelomaShan Chi Yu
Department of Pathology, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Histopathology 58:896-905. 2011Extramedullary plasmacytoma (EMP) and multiple myeloma (MM) are both plasma cell (PC) tumours that are usually distinguished by clinical manifestations, but not by histopathological examination alone...
- [Solitary plasmacytoma of spine: a clinical, radiologic and pathologic study of 13 cases]Miao Xia He
Department of Pathology, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 38:307-11. 2009To study the clinical, radiologic and pathologic features of solitary plasmacytoma of spine.
- TRAIL/Apo2L ligand selectively induces apoptosis and overcomes drug resistance in multiple myeloma: therapeutic applicationsC S Mitsiades
Jerome Lipper Multiple Myeloma Center, Department of Adult Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 98:795-804. 2001..These preclinical studies suggest that TRAIL/Apo2L can overcome conventional drug resistance and provide the basis for clinical trials of TRAIL-based treatment regimens to improve outcome in patients with MM. (Blood. 2001;98:795-804)..
- Testicular plasmacytoma: report of a case and review of the literatureGabriel Anghel
Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit, Azienda Ospedaliera S Camillo Forlanini, Rome, Italy
Am J Hematol 71:98-104. 2002..Fourteen months after the onset, the patient presented with left testicular enlargement due to plasmacytoma. Immunohistochemical stains showed monoclonal cytoplasmic IgA-lambda in tumour cells; serum M component showed ..
- IL-6 transgenic mouse model for extraosseous plasmacytomaAlexander L Kovalchuk
Laboratory of Genetics, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:1509-14. 2002..comprise plasma cell myeloma, otherwise known as multiple myeloma, Ig deposition and heavy chain diseases, and plasmacytoma (PCT)...
- Guidelines on the diagnosis and management of solitary plasmacytoma of bone and solitary extramedullary plasmacytomaRichard Soutar
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 16:405-13. 2004
- Extramedullary plasmacytoma of the head and neck region: clinicopathological correlation in 25 casesS S Susnerwala
Department of Clinical Oncology, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK
Br J Cancer 75:921-7. 1997..0019) but not for overall survival (P= 0.12). The median survival and 5-year overall survival is 68 months and 58.9% respectively. We recommend consideration of adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with higher grade disease...
- Guidelines on the diagnosis and management of solitary plasmacytoma of bone and solitary extramedullary plasmacytomaRichard Soutar
Department of Haematology, Western Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
Br J Haematol 124:717-26. 2004
- Immunization against murine multiple myeloma with fusions of dendritic and plasmacytoma cells is potentiated by interleukin 12Jianlin Gong
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 99:2512-7. 2002..In this study, we have fused DCs with mouse 4TOO plasmacytoma cells...
- International myeloma working group consensus statement and guidelines regarding the current role of imaging techniques in the diagnosis and monitoring of multiple MyelomaM Dimopoulos
Department of Therapeutics, Alexandra Hospital, Athens, Greece
Leukemia 23:1545-56. 2009..recommended in MM patients with normal conventional radiography and in all patients with an apparently solitary plasmacytoma of bone...
- Solitary extramedullary plasmacytoma of the head and neck--long-term outcome analysis of 68 casesGideon Bachar
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Head Neck 30:1012-9. 2008..Head and neck solitary extramedullary plasmacytomas are rare plasma cell neoplasms. Literature review reveals only small numbers of reports. The objective was to review our experience with treating patients with this neoplasm...
- Functional homology between N-myc and c-myc in murine plasmacytomagenesis: plasmacytoma development in N-myc transgenic miceY Wang
Department of Tumor Biology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Oncogene 7:1241-7. 1992..All plasmacytomas expressed the N-myc transgene, while none of them expressed either c-myc or endogenous N-myc. None of the tumors carried the usual plasmacytoma-associated translocations.
- Rib plasmacytoma and IgA multiple myeloma with hyperviscosity syndromeVitorino Modesto dos Santos
Catholic University of Brasilia, DF, Brazil
Arch Iran Med 15:517-9. 2012Solitary bone plasmacytoma (SPB) can progress to generalized myeloma if not treated early. The elderly population is increasing and delays in diagnosis of plasma cell malignancies are frequent among them...
- Polyclonal rabbit anti-murine plasmacytoma cell globulins induce myeloma cells apoptosis and inhibit tumour growth in miceBo Mu
State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy, West China Hospital and School of Lifesciences, Sichuan University, Keyuan Road 4, Chengdu, Sichuan, People s Republic of China
Apoptosis 16:370-81. 2011..In this study, we produced polyclonal rabbit anti-murine plasmacytoma cell immunoglobulin (PAb) by immunizing rabbits with the murine plasmacytoma cell line MPC-11...
- Efficiency alleles of the Pctr1 modifier locus for plasmacytoma susceptibilityS L Zhang
Laboratory of Genetics, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:310-8. 2001..that the BALB/c p16(INK4a) allele was less active than its DBA/2 counterpart in inducing growth arrest of mouse plasmacytoma cell lines and preventing ras-induced transformation of NIH 3T3 cells, while the two p19(ARF) alleles displayed ..
- The effect of chemical blockade of PKC with Gö6976 and Gö6983 on proliferation and MAPK activity in IL-6-dependent plasmacytoma cellsIanko Iankov
Division of Immunology, Department of Microbiology, Preclinical University Center, Medical University, Zdrave 2 Street, 1431 Sofia, Bulgaria
Leuk Res 26:363-8. 2002Interleukin-6 (IL-6) mediates growth of murine B9 hybridoma/plasmacytoma cells via Ras-dependent mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathway...
- Plasmacytoma of the hard palateRagip Ozdemir
Ankara Training and Research Hospital, 1 Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Clinic, Ankara, Turkey
J Craniofac Surg 16:164-9. 2005..This condition may occur as a solitary lesion (solitary plasmacytoma), which in some patients eventually progresses to plasma cell myeloma...
- Primary extramedullary plasmacytoma: similarities with and differences from multiple myeloma revealed by interphase cytogeneticsKarin Bink
Institutes of Pathology, Helmholtz Center Munich, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Oberschleissheim, Germany
Haematologica 93:623-6. 2008Primary extramedullary plasmacytoma is an indolent neoplasm that infrequently converts to multiple myeloma...
- The impact of p53 loss on murine plasmacytoma developmentSabine Mai
Manitoba Institute of Cell Biology, The Genomic Centre for Cancer Research and Diagnosis, Department of Physiology, The University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Chromosome Res 10:239-51. 2002..The 42.2% incidence in N3p53-/- mice is similar to the percentages recorded in groups of conventional BALB/cAn mice. The possible mechanisms underlying the accelerated tumorigenesis and the shift in translocation patterns are discussed...
- Surgical resection of a solitary plasmacytoma originating in a rib of a patient with Castleman's diseaseSimon Wilkinson
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol, United Kingdom
Ann Thorac Surg 75:1018-9. 2003..a patient with Castleman's disease who presented with axillary lymphadenopathy associated with a solitary plasmacytoma originating from a rib...
- Exosomes from plasmacytoma cells as a tumor vaccineStephen L Altieri
Department of Immunology, Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
J Immunother 27:282-8. 2004..The research presented here evaluated their efficacy as a prophylactic cancer vaccine in a mouse plasmacytoma model...
- Bcl-2 expression is associated with poor prognosis of solitary plasmacytoma of boneShanqi Guo
Department of Hematology, Tianjin Medical University Cancer Institute and Hospital, National Clinical Research Center of Cancer, Key Laboratory of Cancer Prevention and Therapy, Tianjin, Huan Hu Xi Road, Ti Yuan Bei, He Xi District, Tianjin, 300060, People s Republic of China
Ann Hematol 93:471-7. 2014Solitary plasmacytoma of bone (SPB) is a rare tumor that represents a minority of patients with plasma cell localized malignancy characterized by a single osteolytic bone lesion...
- Novel targeted deregulation of c-Myc cooperates with Bcl-X(L) to cause plasma cell neoplasms in miceWan Cheung Cheung
Cell Signaling Technology Inc, Beverly, Massachusetts, USA
J Clin Invest 113:1763-73. 2004..Our findings demonstrate that the enforced expression of Myc and Bcl-X(L) by Ig enhancers with peak activity in plasma cells generates a mouse model of human PCN that recapitulates some features of human multiple myeloma...
- Radiotherapy in the treatment of solitary plasmacytomaR Jyothirmayi
Department of Radiotherapy, Regional Cancer Centre, Trivandrum, India
Br J Radiol 70:511-6. 1997Solitary plasmacytoma of bone (SPB) and extramedullary plasmacytoma (EMP) are rare. High local control rates are reported with radiotherapy, although the optimal dose and extent of radiotherapy portals remains controversial...
- Role of interleukin-6 in the pathogenesis of murine plasmacytoma and human multiple myelomaP K Pattengale
Department of Pathology, Children s Hospital, Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
Am J Pathol 151:647-9. 1997
- Allogeneic transplantation for multiple myeloma: late relapse may occur as localised lytic lesion/plasmacytoma despite ongoing molecular remissionJ L Byrne
Department of Hematology, Nottingham City Hospital, Nottingham, UK
Bone Marrow Transplant 31:157-61. 2003..In five of these cases, relapse has been as a localised area of bone disease or isolated plasmacytoma with no evidence of marrow involvement by trephine biopsy or molecular analysis...
- Extramedullary plasmacytoma in the adrenal incidentalomaT Kahara
First Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 55:267-70. 2001..The tumour was removed by laparoscopic adrenalectomy. The pathology specimen revealed the typical histology of plasmacytoma. Extramedullary plasmacytoma is a very rare type of plasma cell proliferative disorder...
- Clinical features and differential diagnoses of solitary extramedullary plasmacytoma of the thyroid: a case reportAlfredo Avila
Department of Pathology, Hospital Angeles del Carmen, Guadalajara 44670, Jalisco, Mexico
Ann Diagn Pathol 13:119-23. 2009..The tumor fulfilled the criteria of primary solitary extramedullary plasmacytoma (SEP), including cellular expression of the CD138 and lambda light chain antibodies...
- Sequential bilateral solitary extramedullary plasmacytoma of the ciliary bodyCarol L Shields
Oncology Service, Wills Eye Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Cornea 26:759-61. 2007To report bilateral plasmacytoma of the ciliary body in a healthy patient.
- Extramedullary plasmacytoma: report of two cases with uncommon presentationD Pantelidou
Hematology Department, School of Medicine, Democritus University of Thrace, Alexandroupolis, Greece
Ann Hematol 84:188-91. 2005..forms of myeloma or may represent regional extension of extramedullary plasmacytomas, whereas lymph node plasmacytoma presenting as a solitary extramedullary plasmacytoma is very unusual...
- Extramedullary plasmacytoma involving the bilateral adrenal glands on MR imagingYuan Li
Department of Radiology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Sichuan, China
Korean J Radiol 8:246-8. 2007We report here on a 64-year-old woman with extramedullary plasmacytoma involving the bilateral adrenal glands...
- Extramedullary liver plasmacytoma a rare presentationMaria Teresa Petrucci
Ematologia, Dipartimento di Biotecnologie Cellulari ed Ematologia, Universita La Sapienza, Roma, Italy
Leuk Lymphoma 44:1075-6. 2003Liver plasmacytoma is a very rare form of solitary plasmacytoma, in fact the presence of plasma cells in the liver is generally associated with a more aggressive form of multiple myeloma...
- Blimp1 is limiting for transformation in a mouse plasmacytoma modelKathy D'Costa
Division of Immunology, The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Australia
Blood 113:5911-9. 2009..Thus, the role of PRDM1/BLIMP1 in transformation of mature B cells is unclear. We have used a plasmacytoma-prone transgenic mouse model to study the effect of Blimp1 loss on plasmacytoma prevalence, latency, and ..
- Laryngeal plasmacytoma presenting as amyloid tumour: a case reportD Velez
Department of Pathology, La Princesa University Hospital, C Diego de Leon, 62, 28006, Madrid, Spain
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 264:959-61. 2007..A biopsy showed histological findings consistent with an extramedullary plasmacytoma associated with localized amyloidosis involving the right hemilarynx (ventricular band, arytenoids and true ..
- A case of primary extramedullary plasmacytoma of the colonArturo Lattuneddu
Int J Colorectal Dis 19:289-91. 2004
- Primary gastric plasmacytoma refractory to Helicobacter pylori eradication therapyNaruo Kawasaki
Department of Surgery, Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Dig Endosc 21:37-9. 2009..Immunohistochemically, plasma cells were positive for lambda-chain. Primary gastric plasmacytoma was diagnosed. Total gastrectomy was carried out with splenectomy and regional lymph node dissection...
- Mndal, a new interferon-inducible family member, is highly polymorphic, suppresses cell growth, and may modify plasmacytoma susceptibilityKe Zhang
Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Genetics, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 4258, USA
Blood 114:2952-60. 2009..Mndal is highly polymorphic among inbred mouse strains, because it is absent in 10 of 24 strains. This polymorphism may have implications for other disease modifiers mapping to the same region...
- Unusual locations of involvement by malignancies: Case 1. Testicular plasmacytomaAtif Shafqat
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:3368-9. 2003
- CT and MR imaging of solitary extramedullary plasmacytoma of the nasal tractAlex Sik Chung Ching
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, National Cancer Centre, Singapore, Singapore
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 23:1632-6. 2002Solitary extramedullary plasmacytoma (SEP) is rare. The purpose of this study was to determine the CT and MR imaging features of SEP of the nasal tract.
- Nodal and extranodal plasmacytomas expressing immunoglobulin a: an indolent lymphoproliferative disorder with a low risk of clinical progressionHaipeng Shao
Laboratory of Pathology and the Metabolism Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 34:1425-35. 2010..In this study, 9 cases of IgA-positive plasmacytoma presenting in lymph node and 3 in extranodal sites were analyzed by morphology, immunohistochemistry, and ..
- Recurrence of multiple myeloma with soft tissue plasmacytoma presenting as unilateral proptosisShin Wei Pan
Department of Ophthalmology, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Health Campus, Kelantan, Malaysia
Orbit 30:105-7. 2011To describe a rare case of soft tissue plasmacytoma of the orbit presenting with proptosis.
- Solitary plasmacytoma: is radiation therapy sufficient?Shaji Kumar
Am J Hematol 83:695-6. 2008
- Solitary plasmacytoma of the thoracic vertebra presenting with sudden paraplegia and back pain: a pathologic case reportTadashi Terada
Department of Pathology, Shizuoka City Shimizu Hospital, Miyakami 1231 Shimizu Ku, Shizuoka 424 8636, Japan
Pathol Oncol Res 17:167-9. 2011Solitary plasmacytoma (SPC) accounts for 5% of plasma cell neoplasm. SPC of the spine is relatively rare, and SPC presenting with sudden paraplegia is very rare...
- Triple manifestation of extramedullary plasmacytoma in the upper airway: an unusual clinical entityI Morariu
Department of Otolaryngology, Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
J Laryngol Otol 125:970-2. 2011We report an extremely rare case of extramedullary plasmacytoma.
- Extramedullary sites of involvement in hematologic malignancies: case 3. Hemorrhagic gastric plasmacytoma as the primary presentation in multiple myelomaC S Chim
Queen Mary Hospital, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
J Clin Oncol 20:344-7. 2002
- [Extramedullary plasmacytoma of the larynx. A case report]Isabel González Guijarro
Servicio de Otorrinolaringologia, Hospital Xeral Cies de Vigo, Espana
Acta Otorrinolaringol Esp 62:320-2. 2011Extramedullary plasmacytoma of the larynx and localized laryngeal amyloidosis are two entities that are extremely rare in children...
- Case report: Solitary plasmacytoma of bone with oncogenic osteomalacia: recurrence of tumour confirmed by PET/CT. A case report with a review of the radiological literatureS C Chua
Department of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, Queen s Campus, Nottingham University Hospital, Derby Road, Nottingham, UK
Br J Radiol 81:e110-4. 2008We describe a case of oncogenic osteomalacia secondary to solitary plasmacytoma of the vertebral body of T3. The patient presented with symptoms of hypophosphataemia...
- Plasmablastic lymphoma may occur as a high-grade transformation from plasmacytomaXin Qing
Department of Pathology, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, 1000 West Carson Street, Torrance, CA 90509, USA
Exp Mol Pathol 90:85-90. 2011..chain restriction, but without EBER expression, raising the possibility of a preexisting or concurrent plasmacytoma and that the PBL may be a high-grade transformation from a preexisting plasma cell neoplasm following Epstein-..
- Secondary extramedullary plasmacytoma involving the pancreasShizuhiro Hirata
Department of Surgery and Oncology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 9:111-5. 2002Extramedullary plasmacytoma is a rare variant of plasma cell tumor involving organs outside the bone marrow. The vast majority of extramedullary plasmacytomas present as a secondary tumor of systemic myelomatosis of the bone marrow...
- Prognostic value of angiogenesis in solitary bone plasmacytomaShaji Kumar
Division of Hematology and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Blood 101:1715-7. 2003..Solitary plasmacytoma is a localized plasma cell malignancy that progresses to MM in a significant number of patients...
- Extramedullary plasmacytoma involving the abdominal vessels and pancreasRidvan Ali
Dig Dis Sci 52:3199-201. 2007
- Bilateral plasmacytoma of the breast: a case reportRachel F Brem
Department of Radiology, Breast Imaging and Intervention Center, George Washington University, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Breast J 8:393-5. 2002b>Plasmacytoma of the breast is a rare condition that may occur as a solitary finding or in association with multiple myeloma. Of the cases of plasmacytoma of the breast that have been described, nearly half have been bilateral...
- Extramedullary plasmacytoma of the larynx presenting with upper airway obstruction in a patient with long-standing IgD myelomaH S Uppal
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Russells Hall Hospital, Dudley, UK
J Laryngol Otol 115:745-6. 2001A rare case of upper airway obstruction due to an extramedullary plasmacytoma of the larynx in a patient with long-standing IgD myeloma is presented...
- Persistence of myeloma protein for more than one year after radiotherapy is an adverse prognostic factor in solitary plasmacytoma of boneRichard B Wilder
Department of Radiation Oncology, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Cancer 94:1532-7. 2002Prognostic factors for solitary plasmacytoma of bone (SPB), whether measured before or after radiotherapy (RT), have not been established...
- Pancreatic plasmacytoma presenting as variceal hemorrhage: life threatening complication of a rare entityMuslim Atiq
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR, USA
JOP 10:187-8. 2009Pancreatic plasmacytoma is a rare entity and presents with features of mass lesion of pancreas.
- Bortezomib in treatment of extramedullary plasmacytoma of the pancreasJu Ying Wei
Department of Hematology, Institute of Hematology, First Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 8:329-31. 2009Extramedullary pancreatic plasmacytoma treated with bortezomib is rarely reported.
- Prognosis and expression of lambda light chains in solitary extramedullary plasmacytoma of the head and neck: two case reports and a literature reviewH Y Liu
Department of Otolaryngology, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
J Int Med Res 38:282-8. 2010Two cases of extramedullary plasmacytoma (EMP) of the head and neck, an uncommon plasma cell neoplasm, were studied. Both patients had good outcomes and have been followed for 17 and 12 years without recurrence or systemic disease...
- Extramedullary plasmacytoma of the larynxTakahiro Nakashima
Department of Otolaryngology, Miyazaki Medical College, Miyazaki, Japan
Auris Nasus Larynx 33:219-22. 2006Extramedullary plasmacytoma (EMP) is a rare plasma cell neoplasm that occurs in the soft tissues, especially in the upper airways...
- Extramedullary plasmacytoma arising from the lacrimal glandDavid I T Sia
South Australian Institute of Ophthalmology, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 38:895-8. 2010..The lesion was excised and histology confirmed an orbital plasmacytoma. Multiple myeloma screening was negative and a solitary extramedullary plasmacytoma arising from the lacrimal ..
- Primary pancreatic plasmacytomaYasunori Deguchi
Department of Surgery, Shiga Medical Center for Adults, Moriyama, Shiga, Japan
Am J Clin Oncol 27:247-9. 2004We report an extremely rare case of primary pancreatic plasmacytoma. A 56-year-old man had a 4-cm mass in the pancreatic tail and received distal pancreatectomy...
- Extramedullary plasmacytoma of nasopharynx and larynx: synchronous presentationOzlem Yavas
Am J Hematol 75:264-5. 2004
- Extramedullary plasmacytoma of the pancreas and jejunumPramod Gupta
Radiology Service, Dallas VA Medical Center, VA North Texas Health Care System, Dallas, TX 75216, USA
Clin Imaging 33:240-3. 2009Plasmacytomas occurring in the gastrointestinal tract are extremely rare. We report one such case of pancreatic and jejunal plasmacytoma in a single patient with known multiple myeloma with emphasis on computed tomographic (CT) findings.
- Extraosseus plasmacytoma of the pharynx with localized light chain deposition. Case reportNina Zidar
Institute of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Korytkova 2, 1000, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Pathol Oncol Res 16:249-52. 2010..an isolated form of LCDD, which was limited to the pharyngeal mucosa and was associated with an extraosseus plasmacytoma of the pharynx, expanding the spectrum that has been recognized for LCDD...
- Constitutive NF-kappaB activation confers interleukin 6 (IL6) independence and resistance to dexamethasone and Janus kinase inhibitor INCB018424 in murine plasmacytoma cellsYanqiang Yang
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Biol Chem 286:27988-97. 2011..1-encoded Tax protein, which resembles K13 in inducing constitutive NF-κB activation, similarly protected plasmacytoma cells against IL6 withdrawal-induced apoptosis...
- Radiotherapy in the management of solitary extramedullary plasmacytomaM W Chao
Radiation Oncology Victoria, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia
Intern Med J 35:211-5. 2005Solitary extramedullary plasmacytoma (SEP) is a rare tumour for which the standard treatment remains local radiotherapy (RT)...
- Positron emission tomography (PET) for staging of solitary plasmacytomaHolger Schirrmeister
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Ulm, Germany
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 18:841-5. 2003This study was undertaken to investigate the clinical value in staging patients with plasmacytoma (PC) using positron emission tomography (PET).
- Sustained remission including marked regression of a paravertebral plasmacytoma in a patient with heavily pretreated, relapsed multiple myeloma after treatment with bortezomibMaria Theresa Krauth
Department of Internal Medicine I, Clinical Division of Oncology, Bone marrow transplantation and Hematology and Hemostaseology, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Leuk Res 29:1473-7. 2005..After three cycles of bortezomib, the patient achieved near-complete remission, as well as a nearly complete regression of the paravertebral tumor. This case further documents that bortezomib is an effective novel therapy for MM...
- Spontaneous rupture of liver plasmacytoma mimicking hepatocellular carcinomaKosuke Ueda
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto
Intern Med 49:653-7. 2010Extramedullary plasmacytoma of the liver is rare. Here, we report a case presenting with rupture of extramedullary plasmacytoma of the liver. She had a past history of multiple myeloma with IgA lambda type...
- Extramedullary plasmacytoma involving perirenal space accompanied by extramedullary hematopoiesis and amyloid depositionRie Mimura
Department of Radiology, Hakodate City Hospital, Hakodate, Japan
Jpn J Radiol 28:309-13. 2010..Pathological diagnosis of the biopsy specimen was extramedullary plasmacytoma accompanied by extramedullary hematopoiesis and amyloid deposition...
- Prostaglandins, but not tumor-derived IL-10, shut down concomitant tumor-specific CTL responses during murine plasmacytoma progressionC Specht
Institute for Immunology, , , Germany
Int J Cancer 91:705-12. 2001..The immunosuppressive role of tumor-derived IL-10 was analyzed using the MHC class II-negative BALB/c plasmacytoma ADJ-PC-5 as a model tumor...
- Primary testicular plasmacytoma with hydrocele of the testisK Suzuki
Department of Urology, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi, Japan
Int J Urol 8:139-40. 2001A case of primary testicular plasmacytoma complicated with hydrocele of the testis is reported. An 86-year-old man presented with hydrocele of the right testis...
- An unusual presentation of extramedullary plasmacytoma in testis and review of the literatureH Mehmet Turk
Department of Clinical Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, Gaziantep University, Gaziantep, 27310, Turkey
Med Oncol 27:1378-80. 2010Extramedullary plasmacytoma is a rare plasma cell neoplasm, and it is extremely uncommon in the testicles. We report a 73-year-old man with multiple myeloma presented with testicular plasmacytoma...
- Neurological recovery from pentaplegia after resection for sacral plasmacytoma presenting with POEMS syndromeYoshihisa Kotani
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
J Neurosurg Spine 10:324-8. 2009..developed with neurological respiratory failure due to POEMS syndrome associated with a solitary sacral plasmacytoma. Resection was finally performed after her condition proved resistant to radiation and chemotherapy...
- Testicular plasmacytoma with bone dissemination without medullary plasmacytosisT Y Hou
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, No 325, Section 2, Cheng Kung Road, Neihu 114, Taipei, Taiwan
Ann Hematol 82:518-20. 2003A 34-year-old man was diagnosed as having solitary testicular plasmacytoma. He had received palliative radiotherapy, several combined chemotherapies including CHOP chemotherapy (vincristine, cyclophosphamide, Adriamycin, and prednisone), ..
- High-dose recombinant interleukin-18 induces an effective Th1 immune response to murine MOPC-315 plasmacytomaZdenka L Jonak
GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
J Immunother 25:S20-7. 2002..Therefore, this provides a convenient pharmacodynamic reference to the biologic response to IL-18 that may serve to guide the conduct of clinical trials...
- The bisphosphonate zoledronic acid inhibits the development of plasmacytoma induced in BALB/c mice by intraperitoneal injection of pristaneFerit Avcu
Department of Hematology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Haematol 74:496-500. 2005..We have investigated the effect of the potent bisphosphonate, zoledronic acid (ZOL), on the development of pristane (2,6,10,14-tetramethylpentadecane)-induced plasmacytoma (PCT) in six-week-old BALB/c mice.
- Up-date on solitary plasmacytoma and its main differences with multiple myelomaP Di Micco
Thrombosis Center, Instituto Clinico Humanitas, Milan, Italy
Exp Oncol 27:7-12. 2005Solitary plasmacytoma is plasma cell neoplasm. It is a localized bone disease and for this reason it is different from multiple myeloma (systemic plasma cell neoplasm)...
- Multiple genetic loci modify susceptibility to plasmacytoma-related morbidity in E(mu)-v-abl transgenic miceR C Andrew Symons
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Post Office, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria 3050, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:11299-304. 2002There is a great difference in susceptibility to v-abl transgene-induced plasmacytoma between the BALB/cAn and the relatively resistant C57BL/6J mouse strains...
- Side effects and good effects from new chemotherapeutic agents. Case 3. Bortezomib in primary refractory plasmacytomaC S Chim
University Departments of Medicine, Radiology and Pathology, Queen Mary Hospital, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
J Clin Oncol 23:2426-8. 2005
- Outcomes and patterns of failure in solitary plasmacytoma: a multicenter Rare Cancer Network study of 258 patientsMahmut Ozsahin
Department of Radiation Oncology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 64:210-7. 2006To assess the outcomes and patterns of failure in solitary plasmacytoma (SP).
- Primary extramedullary plasmacytoma and multiple myeloma: phenotypic differences revealed by immunohistochemical analysisMarcus Kremer
Institute of Pathology, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Pathol 205:92-101. 2005..Twenty-eight cases of primary extramedullary plasmacytoma and 26 cases of both medullary (n = 17) and extramedullary (n = 9) multiple myeloma were analysed for the ..
- Plasmacytoma in the breast with axillary lymph node involvement: a case reportLesley Taylor
Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10016, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 7:81-4. 2006..We discuss management of a 78-year-old man with plasmacytoma in the breast who underwent a left total mastectomy and axillary lymph node dissection...
- Plasmacytoma of the mandible associated with a dental implant failure: a clinical reportCarlo E Poggio
School of Dentistry, Istituto Stomatologico Italiano, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
Clin Oral Implants Res 18:540-3. 2007The case report of a patient is presented who had been suffering from a plasmacytoma of the spine several years back, and who had developed a new plasmacytoma of the mandible, 3 years subsequent to the insertion of a dental implant...
- Solitary plasmacytoma and extramedullary plasmacytoma of the paranasal sinuses and soft palateS Majumdar
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Hospital, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
J Laryngol Otol 116:962-5. 2002Solitary plasmacytoma of the paranasal sinuses are uncommon neoplasms of B lymphocyte origin. They comprise one per cent of all head and neck tumours of the upper respiratory tract...
- NOTCH is part of the transcriptional network regulating cell growth and survival in mouse plasmacytomasDong Mi Shin
Laboratory of Immunopathology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NIH, Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
Cancer Res 68:9202-11. 2008....
- Mouse plasmacytoma-expressed transcript 1 knock out induced 5-HT disruption results in a lack of cognitive deficits and an anxiety phenotype complicated by hypoactivity and defensivenessT L Schaefer
Division of Neurology, Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Research Foundation, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Neuroscience 164:1431-43. 2009..Lack of differences may be the result of compensatory mechanisms in reaction to a constitutive knock out of Pet-1 or 5-HT may not be as important in learning and memory as previously suspected...
- Solitary plasmacytoma treated with radiotherapy: impact of tumor size on outcomeR W Tsang
Department of Radiation Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, University of Toronto, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 2M9 Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 50:113-20. 2001Solitary plasmacytoma (SP) is a rare presentation of plasma cell neoplasms...
- Solitary plasmacytoma of bone and soft tissueT W Bolek
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Florida, College of Medicine, Gainesville, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 36:329-33. 1996This retrospective review evaluates the results of radiotherapy used for curative intent in the management of solitary plasmacytoma.
- Solitary plasmacytoma of bone and extramedullary plasmacytomaM A Dimopoulos
Department of Clinical Therapeutics, University of Athens School of Medicine, Greece
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 13:1249-57. 1999A small proportion of patients with plasma cell myeloma have a solitary plasmacytoma of bone...
- Improved outcome in solitary bone plasmacytomata with combined therapyA Aviles
Department of Hematology, Oncology Hospital, National Medical Center, Mexico, D F Mexico, USA
Hematol Oncol 14:111-7. 1996Solitary bone plasmacytoma (SBP) is a rare presentation of plasma cell dyscrasias...
- Primary pulmonary plasmacytoma: a case reportJ N Wise
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Chest 120:1405-7. 2001..The patient in our case report is the first to experience renal failure due to hematologic monoclonal gammopathy. Postoperatively, serum protein electrophoresis reverted to normal...
- Somatostatin receptor scintigraphy might be useful for detecting skeleton abnormalities in patients with multiple myeloma and plasmacytomaAli Agool
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, University of Groningen and University Medical Centre Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 37:124-30. 2010..Somatostatin receptor expression has been demonstrated on a number of plasma cell lines. Therefore, we questioned whether somatostatin receptor scintigraphy (SRS) can be used to demonstrate in vivo multiple myeloma (MM) activity...
- Lysophosphatidic Acid in OncogenesisXianjun Fang; Fiscal Year: 2010..The tumors include malignant lymphoma, lung adenocarcinoma, high-grade sarcoma, leiomyosarcoma, plasmacytoma and pilomatrixoma...
- Defining genetic pathways of plasma-cell neoplasiaSiegfried Janz; Fiscal Year: 2013..transgenic mouse, a gene-insertion model of the Myc-activating T(12;15) translocation in mouse plasmacytoma. Aim 3 is devoted to validating the newly discovered driver genes, including the involvement of their human ..
- INTERACTION OF AMINOTHIOLS AND ALKYLATING AGENTSFrederick Valeriote; Fiscal Year: 1990..will be examined using other murine leukemia and solid tumor models, specifically L1210 Leukemia, MOCP-315 plasmacytoma, Lewis Lung Carcinoma and Colon 36. A normal cell population the hematopoietic stem cell, will be examined also...
- ANALYSIS OF IDIOTYPE MUTANTSHeinz Kohler; Fiscal Year: 1980The S107 BALB/c plasmacytoma tumor produces an IgA myeloma protein which has specificity for the hapten phosphorylcholine (PC)...
- SYNERGY OF TUMOR CHEMOTHERAPY AND HOST IMMUMITYSHELDON DRAY; Fiscal Year: 1991..tolerable dose of cyclophosphamide or melphalan cures a BALB/c mouse bearing a large subcutaneous MOPC-315 plasmacytoma and extensive metastases at a late stage of tumor growth, yet the same dose of drug has little or no curative ..
- Chromatin Insulator Function at the C-myc GeneAnton Krumm; Fiscal Year: 2007The hallmark of Burkitt Lymphoma and murine plasmacytoma cells is the translocation of the c-myc oncogene to one of the immunoglobulin gene loci that harbor B-cell specific enhancer elements...
- PLASMACYTOMA RESISTANCE TO ALKYLATING AGENTSCarmelita Frondoza; Fiscal Year: 1993..an active analog of CY, we observed that drug transport is identical in CY resistant and sensitive mouse LPC-1 plasmacytoma but drug metabolism is different in these two tumor lines...
- STROMAL CYTOKINE SIGNALING AND BIOLOGICAL FUNCTIONSYu Chung Yang; Fiscal Year: 2001..fibroblast cell line based on the ability of the cytokine to stimulate the proliferation of an IL-6-dependent plasmacytoma cell line...
- DEVELOPMENTAL CONTROL OF IMMUNOGLOBULIN TRANSCRIPTIONMichael Atchison; Fiscal Year: 2005..Pip dominant negative mutants will be tested for ability to inhibit endogenous kappa gene expression in plasmacytoma cells...
- MECHANISM OF MELPHALAN-MEDIATED TUMOR ERADICATIONMARGALIT MOKYR; Fiscal Year: 1990..We know already that the immunomodulatory activity of a low dose of this alkylating agent consists, in some plasmacytoma tumor models, not only of elimination of suppressor cell activity, but also of induction of appearance of ..
- MECHANISM OF MELPHALAN-MEDIATED TUMOR ERADICATIONMARGALIT MOKYR; Fiscal Year: 1992..We know already that the immunomodulatory activity of a low dose of this alkylating agent consists, in some plasmacytoma tumor models, not only of elimination of suppressor cell activity, but also of induction of appearance of ..
- Induction of CIITA expression in B cells and myelomaVladimir Mayorov; Fiscal Year: 2006..The B cell malignancies, multiple myeloma and plasmacytoma, and also other types of tumors escape destruction by the immune system because they do not express CIITA...
- ONCOGENE INDUCED LEUKEMOGENESIS IN TRANGENIC MICESuzanne Cory; Fiscal Year: 2009..of Bim, Noxa or Puma accelerates malignant transformation of plasma cells, crosses will be performed between plasmacytoma-prone v-ab/ mice and BH3-only 'knockout'mice...
- HUMAN MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIES PRODUCED IN SCID MICERAYMOND KELLEHER; Fiscal Year: 1990..Human PBL populating the spleen of immunized animals will be fused with the murine plasmacytoma cell line P3X63.Ag8.653 using PEG, and the resultant hybridomas selected in HAT-containing medium...
- STRUCTURE AND GENETICS OF ANTIBODY VARIABLE REGIONSLOVICK CANNON; Fiscal Year: 1980..products obtained by in vitro cell-fusion of immune spleen cells and antigen-simulated spleen fragments with plasmacytoma cells...
- CELL CYCLE AND APOPTOSIS IN PLASMA CELL TUMORIGENESISSelina Chen Kiang; Fiscal Year: 2003..Accumulation of non-cycling plasmacytoma cells was preceded by a marked expansion of activated B cells...
- C-MYC PROTOONCOGENE TRANSCRIPTIONAL ELONGATIONMark Groudine; Fiscal Year: 2000..In human Burkett's lymphoma (BL) and murine plasmacytoma cells, which are characterized by translocations that juxtapose c-myc and immunoglobulin (ig) sequences, the c-..
- MDM2 ONCOPROTEIN AS A CELL REGULATOR OF P53STEVEN BERBERICH; Fiscal Year: 1999..first aim of this proposal will be to assay the effects of the various Mdm-2 proteins produced from a murine plasmacytoma cell line harboring a novel mdm-2 translocation...
- IMMUNOLOGICAL ANALYSIS OF THE MAMMALIAN VISUAL SYSTEMColin Barnstable; Fiscal Year: 1991..Spleen cells will be taken from mice mounting an adequate immune response and fused with a mouse plasmacytoma. In addition spleen cells will be immunised by in vitro incubation with antigen and then fused...
- Phase II Trial of Thalidomide in Primary AmyloidosisAngela Dispenzieri; Fiscal Year: 2002..The ultimate goal of the proposed studies is to improve the prognosis of patient with this fatal disease. ..
- B7-CD28/CTLA-4 INTERACTIONS IN IMMUNITY TO TUMORSMARGALIT MOKYR; Fiscal Year: 2001..This information will in turn facilitate the design of rational approaches to manipulate this key immunoregulatory pathway to the benefit of the tumor bearers. ..
- Cytokine Polymorphisms and Hodgkin Lymphoma RiskWendy Cozen; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study is important since it may will lead to identification of causal genetic factors which may offer alternative therapeutic strategies or prevention. ..
- Targeting AID to Overcome Antigenic DriftXue Feng Bai; Fiscal Year: 2006..T cells specific for a natural tumor rejection antigen P1A (P1CTL) to treat mice with large established plasmacytoma J558 tumors, we found that P1CTL selected high numbers of mutations in the P1A antigenic epitope, known as ..
- EBV SPECIFIC THERAPY OF LYMPHOMA USING DENDRITIC CELLSMadhav Dhodapkar; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Inflammatory cytokine-mediated induction of HIV cardiomyopathyJennifer Yearley; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Adult Hodgkin's Disease and Epstein Barr VirusRichard Ambinder; Fiscal Year: 2006..This work should lay the groundwork for future viral antigen targeted therapies. ..
- Risk Factors for Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma in TwinsWendy Cozen; Fiscal Year: 2006..6 and as high as 1.8. A matched case-control analysis using SAS will be performed using multivariate logistic regression. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Migration of Mature and Immature Dendritic CellsHENDRIK VAN DEVENTER; Fiscal Year: 2006..All have extensive experience in developing the careers o f young scientists. This work has the support of the Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center which has made accessible its core facilities. ..
- Treatment of Early Stage Multiple MyelomaS Rajkumar; Fiscal Year: 2006..BM angiogenesis will be studied using immunostaining (IHC) for CD34 and an in vitro human angiogenesis assay. VEGF expression will be studied using IHC and quantitative RT-PCR. ..
- Quantitative RT-PCR: Prediction Lymphoma TransformationKojo Elenitoba Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Opioid Dependence, Immunity and InfectionTOBY EISENSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2005..Dissection of the mechanisms and pathways by which opioids interface with the immune system during withdrawal should elucidate fundamental interconnections between the neural and immune systems. ..
- OPIOIDS, OPIOID RECEPTORS, AND SEPSISTOBY EISENSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2001..It relates to events associated with both the therapeutic and non-therapeutic use of morphine and other opioid drugs. ..
- Angiogenesis and thalidomide therapy in multiple myelomaS Rajkumar; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study offers a unique opportunity to serially study tumor cells and the tumor microenvironment following potential anti-angiogenic therapy. ..
- TERMINAL STAGES OF APOPTOSIS: RECONSTITUTION AND MECHANWILLIAM GARRARD; Fiscal Year: 2004..Identify DFF45 interaction surface(s) b. Identify homo-oligomerization interaction surfaces c. Locate the endonuclease active site d. Create auto-activated forms of DFF40 e. Create dominant-negative species ..
- RISK FACTORS FOR YOUNG ADULT HODGKIN'S DISEASE IN TWINSWendy Cozen; Fiscal Year: 2004..6 and as high as 2.0 at 80% power. A matched case-control analysis will be performed using multivariate logistic regression in SAS. ..