Genomes and Genes
Summary: Malignant lymphoma in which the lymphomatous cells are clustered into identifiable nodules within the lymph nodes. The nodules resemble to some extent the germinal centers of lymph node follicles and most likely represent neoplastic proliferation of lymph node-derived follicular center B-lymphocytes. This class of lymphoma usually occurs in older persons, is commonly multinodal, and possibly extranodal. Patients whose lymphomas present a follicular or nodular pattern generally have a more indolent course than those presenting with a diffuse pattern.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications324 found, 100 shown here
- Follicular lymphoma international prognostic index 2: a new prognostic index for follicular lymphoma developed by the international follicular lymphoma prognostic factor projectMassimo Federico
Dipartimento di Oncologia ed Ematologia, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Via del Pozzo 71, 41124 Modena, Italy
J Clin Oncol 27:4555-62. 2009..a prospective collection of data would enable the development of a more accurate prognostic index for follicular lymphoma (FL) by using parameters which could not be retrospectively studied before, and by choosing progression-..
- Follicular lymphoma international prognostic indexPhilippe Solal-Celigny
Centre Jean Bernard, 9 rue Beauverger, 72000 Le Mans, France
Blood 104:1258-65. 2004..3), and poor risk (> or = 3 adverse factors, 27% of patients, HR = 4.3). This Follicular Lymphoma International Prognostic Index (FLIPI) appeared more discriminant than the International Prognostic Index ..
- Expression of microRNAs in diffuse large B cell lymphoma is associated with immunophenotype, survival and transformation from follicular lymphomaCharles H Lawrie
Nuffield Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
J Cell Mol Med 13:1248-60. 2009..microRNA expression in two of the most common lymphomas: diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) (n = 80) and follicular lymphoma (FCL) (n = 18) using microarrays containing probes for 464 human microRNAs...
- Genomic alterations reveal potential for higher grade transformation in follicular lymphoma and confirm parallel evolution of tumor cell clonesMarianne Brodtkorb Eide
Centre for Cancer Biomedicine, University of Oslo, Norway
Blood 116:1489-97. 2010Our aim was to examine the genetics of clonal evolution in follicular lymphoma (FL) and to identify genetic alterations associated with disease progression...
- Genome-wide association study of follicular lymphoma identifies a risk locus at 6p21.32Lucia Conde
School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, California, USA
Nat Genet 42:661-4. 2010..We identified two variants associated with follicular lymphoma at 6p21.32 (rs10484561, combined P = 1.12 x 10(-29) and rs7755224, combined P = 2.00 x 10(-19); r(2) = 1...
- Phase III study of R-CVP compared with cyclophosphamide, vincristine, and prednisone alone in patients with previously untreated advanced follicular lymphomaRobert Marcus
Department of Haematology, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
J Clin Oncol 26:4579-86. 2008To compare the long-term outcome of patients with previously untreated follicular lymphoma (FL) needing therapy, after treatment with cyclophosphamide, vincristine and prednisone (CVP) versus CVP plus rituximab (R-CVP) and to evaluate ..
- Genetic variants at 6p21.33 are associated with susceptibility to follicular lymphomaChristine F Skibola
Division of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, California, USA
Nat Genet 41:873-5. 2009..We found that rs6457327 on 6p21.33 was associated with susceptibility to follicular lymphoma (FL; N = 189 cases, 592 controls) with validation in another 456 FL cases and 2,785 controls (combined ..
- Transformation of follicular lymphoma to diffuse large B-cell lymphoma may occur by divergent evolution from a common progenitor cell or by direct evolution from the follicular lymphoma cloneEmanuela Carlotti
Centre for Medical Oncology Laboratory, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, United Kingdom
Blood 113:3553-7. 2009..On the basis of the father/son model, this CPC must be long-lived, providing a possible explanation for the incurable nature of this disease...
- Phase I study of inotuzumab ozogamicin (CMC-544) in Japanese patients with follicular lymphoma pretreated with rituximab-based therapyMichinori Ogura
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Nagoya Daini Red Cross Hospital, Nagoya, Japan
Cancer Sci 101:1840-5. 2010..3 and 1.8 mg/m(2)). All 13 patients had follicular lymphoma, were previously treated with > or =1 rituximab-alone or rituximab-containing chemotherapy, and were ..
- Comparison of autologous and allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for follicular lymphomaKoen Van Besien
Lymphoma Working Committee, International Bone Marrow Transplant Registry Autologous Blood and Marrow Transplant Registry, Health Policy Institute, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, USA
Blood 102:3521-9. 2003In this article, we report on 904 patients undergoing transplantation for follicular lymphoma. A total of 176 (19%) received allogeneic, 131 (14%) received purged autologous, and 597 (67%) received unpurged autologous transplants...
- Prognosis of follicular lymphoma: a predictive model based on a retrospective analysis of 987 cases. Intergruppo Italiano LinfomiM Federico
Oncologia Medica, Universita di Modena, Modena, Italia
Blood 95:783-9. 2000Patients (n-987) with a histologically confirmed diagnosis of follicular lymphoma were studied with the aim of developing a prognostic model specifically devised for this type of lymphoma...
- 131I-tositumomab therapy as initial treatment for follicular lymphomaMark S Kaminski
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0936, USA
N Engl J Med 352:441-9. 2005..Anti-CD20 radioimmunotherapy is effective in patients who have had a relapse after chemotherapy or who have refractory follicular lymphoma, but it has not been tested in previously untreated patients.
- New treatment options have changed the survival of patients with follicular lymphomaRichard I Fisher
James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:8447-52. 2005The natural history of follicular lymphoma is believed not to have changed over the last 30 years. Median survivals have ranged from 7 to 10 years, and the disease is considered incurable...
- Correlation of high numbers of intratumoral FOXP3+ regulatory T cells with improved survival in germinal center-like diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, follicular lymphoma and classical Hodgkin's lymphomaAlexandar Tzankov
Department of Pathology, University Hospital Basel, Schoenbeinstr 40, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Haematologica 93:193-200. 2008..The tumor microenvironment is important for the behavior of cancer. We assessed the distribution and biological significance of FOXP3(+) regulatory T-cells (Treg) in lymphomas...
- Eight-year experience with allogeneic stem cell transplantation for relapsed follicular lymphoma after nonmyeloablative conditioning with fludarabine, cyclophosphamide, and rituximabIssa F Khouri
Department of Stem Cell Transplantation and Cellular Therapy, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Blood 111:5530-6. 2008Nonmyeloablative stem cell transplantation in patients with follicular lymphoma has been designed to exploit the graft-versus-lymphoma immunity. The long-term effectiveness and toxicity of this strategy, however, is unknown...
- Prediction of survival in follicular lymphoma based on molecular features of tumor-infiltrating immune cellsSandeep S Dave
National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
N Engl J Med 351:2159-69. 2004Patients with follicular lymphoma may survive for periods of less than 1 year to more than 20 years after diagnosis...
- The architectural pattern of FOXP3-positive T cells in follicular lymphoma is an independent predictor of survival and histologic transformationPedro Farinha
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, BC Cancer Agency Center for Lymphoid Cancers, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Blood 115:289-95. 2010Previous studies of follicular lymphoma (FL) patients treated heterogeneously have suggested that decreased numbers of regulatory T cells correlates with improved survival...
- Glycosylation of surface Ig creates a functional bridge between human follicular lymphoma and microenvironmental lectinsVania Coelho
Molecular Immunology Group, Cancer Sciences Division, University of Southampton, School of Medicine, Southampton SO16 6YD, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:18587-92. 2010Surface Ig (sIg) of follicular lymphoma (FL) is vital for tumor cell survival. We found previously that the Ig in FL is unusual, because the variable region genes carry sequence motifs for N-glycan addition...
- Placebo-controlled phase III trial of patient-specific immunotherapy with mitumprotimut-T and granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor after rituximab in patients with follicular lymphomaArnold Freedman
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:3036-43. 2009To evaluate patient-specific immunotherapy with mitumprotimut-T (idiotype keyhole limpet hemocyanin [Id-KLH]) and granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) in CD20(+) follicular lymphoma.
- Syk-dependent mTOR activation in follicular lymphoma cellsLudivine Leseux
INSERM U563 Centre de Physiopathologie Toulouse Purpan CPTP, Département d Oncogenèse et Signalisation dans les Cellules Hématopoïétiques, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire CHU Purpan BP3028, Toulouse, France
Blood 108:4156-62. 2006..This study shows that in follicular lymphoma (FL) cells, mTOR is active because the cells displayed rapamycin-sensitive phosphorylation of p70S6 kinase ..
- Long-term follow-up of high-dose treatment with autologous haematopoietic progenitor cell support in 693 patients with follicular lymphoma: an EBMT registry studyS Montoto
Cancer Research UK Medical Oncology Unit, Institute of Cancer, Centre for Medical Oncology, Barts and The London, Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK
Leukemia 21:2324-31. 2007To evaluate the outcome of a large series of patients who received high-dose treatment (HDT) for follicular lymphoma (FL), 693 patients undergoing HDT (total-body irradiation (TBI)-containing regimen: 58%; autologous bone marrow (BM)/..
- Myeloablative therapy with autologous bone marrow transplantation for follicular lymphoma at the time of second or subsequent remission: long-term follow-upAma Z S Rohatiner
Cancer Research UK Medical Oncology Unit, St Bartholomew s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 25:2554-9. 2007The aim of this retrospective analysis was to determine the outcome of patients with follicular lymphoma who received myeloablative therapy supported by autologous bone marrow transplantation as consolidation of second or subsequent ..
- Results of a phase I/II study of ocrelizumab, a fully humanized anti-CD20 mAb, in patients with relapsed/refractory follicular lymphomaF Morschhauser
Department of Hematology, Claude Huriez Hospital, Lille, France
Ann Oncol 21:1870-6. 2010..This phase I/II study evaluated its safety and efficacy in patients with relapsed/refractory follicular lymphoma (FL) after prior rituximab therapy.
- An MDM2 antagonist (MI-319) restores p53 functions and increases the life span of orally treated follicular lymphoma bearing animalsRamzi M Mohammad
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, 732 HWCRC, 4100 John R Street, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Mol Cancer 8:115. 2009..The purpose of this study was to evaluate anti-lymphoma activity of MI-319 in WSU-FSCCL, a B-cell follicular lymphoma line...
- Anti-idiotype antibody response after vaccination correlates with better overall survival in follicular lymphomaWeiyun Z Ai
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Blood 113:5743-6. 2009..tumor-specific immune response is associated with superior clinical outcome in patients with follicular lymphoma. Here, we investigated whether this positive correlation extends to overall survival (OS)...
- Prospective, multicenter randomized GITMO/IIL trial comparing intensive (R-HDS) versus conventional (CHOP-R) chemoimmunotherapy in high-risk follicular lymphoma at diagnosis: the superior disease control of R-HDS does not translate into an overall survivaMarco Ladetto
Divisione Universitaria di Ematologia, Cattedra di Ematologia, Torino, Italy
Blood 111:4004-13. 2008..R-HDS) to assess the value of intensified chemo-therapy as a first-line treatment for high-risk follicular lymphoma (FL) after the introduction of monoclonal antibodies...
- Clinical benefit associated with idiotypic vaccination in patients with follicular lymphomaSusana Inoges
Lab of Immunotherapy, Oncology Division, Center for Applied Medical Research CIMA, Avda Pio XII, 55, 31008 Pamplona Navarra, Spain
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:1292-301. 2006b>Follicular lymphoma is considered incurable, although cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone (CHOP) chemotherapy can induce sequential remissions...
- A proliferation-inducing ligand mediates follicular lymphoma B-cell proliferation and cyclin D1 expression through phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-regulated mammalian target of rapamycin activationMamta Gupta
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Blood 113:5206-16. 2009..In support of murine studies, we find that APRIL induces proliferation of human patient follicular lymphoma (FL) B cells in a TACI-dependent manner...
- Tumor suppressor gene methylation in follicular lymphoma: a comprehensive reviewJohn Hayslip
Hollings Cancer Center, Medical University of South Carolina, Clinical Sciences Building Room 903, PO Box 250635, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Mol Cancer 5:44. 2006..Earlier methylation studies of follicular lymphoma involved only cell lines; however there is a growing literature of methylation changes in primary human FL ..
- Prolonged clinical and molecular remission in patients with low-grade or follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma treated with rituximab plus CHOP chemotherapy: 9-year follow-upMyron S Czuczman
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:4711-6. 2004..Revised response rates based on International Workshop Response Criteria are also provided...
- Improved survival in patients with early stage low-grade follicular lymphoma treated with radiation: a Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results database analysisThomas J Pugh
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Colorado Denver Comprehensive Cancer Center, Aurora, Colorado 80045 0508, USA
Cancer 116:3843-51. 2010External beam radiation therapy (RT) is the standard treatment for stage I-II, grade 1-2 follicular lymphoma. Because of an indolent natural history, some advocate alternative management strategies, including watchful waiting for this ..
- Lack of Bcl-2 expression in follicular lymphoma may be caused by mutations in the BCL2 gene or by absence of the t(14;18) translocationMargit Schraders
Department of Pathology, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Pathol 205:329-35. 2005b>Follicular lymphoma (FL), except grade 3B, is characterized by the chromosomal translocation t(14;18)(q32;q21), which results in over-expression of the Bcl-2 protein...
- Implications of the tumor microenvironment on survival and disease response in follicular lymphomaJohn G Gribben
Center for Experimental Cancer Medicine, Barts and the London School of Medicine, Queen Mary University of London, Institute of Cancer, Charterhouse Square, London, UK
Curr Opin Oncol 22:424-30. 2010Although outcomes for patients with follicular lymphoma have improved with chemoimmunotherapy, the disease remains incurable...
- Human mesenchymal stem cells isolated from bone marrow and lymphoid organs support tumor B-cell growth: role of stromal cells in follicular lymphoma pathogenesisPatricia Ame-Thomas
Unité Propre de Recherche de l Enseignement Superieur Equipe d Accueil 3889, Faculte de Medicine, Universite Rennes 1, and Département Hématologie Immunologie et Thérapie Cellulaire, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Pontchaillou, France
Blood 109:693-702. 2007Accumulating evidence indicates that the cellular microenvironment plays a key role in follicular lymphoma (FL) pathogenesis, both within tumor lymph nodes (LNs) and in infiltrated bone marrow where ectopic LN-like reticular cells are ..
- BCR-bound antigen is targeted to exosomes in human follicular lymphoma B-cellsPascale Rialland
INSERM U520, Institut Curie, 26, rue d Ulm, 75 248 Paris cedex 05, France
Biol Cell 98:491-501. 2006..Exosomes have been well studied in EBV (Epstein-Barr virus)-transformed human B-cell lines; however, biological stimuli regulating exosome secretion quantitatively and/or qualitatively still remain poorly defined...
- Humoral immune response and immunoglobulin G Fc receptor genotype are associated with better clinical outcome following idiotype vaccination in follicular lymphoma patients regardless of their response to induction chemotherapyWen Kai Weng
Department of Internal Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5306, USA
Blood 109:951-3. 2007..and FcgammaRIIIa 158 valine/valine (V/V) genotype both correlate with better outcome in a group of 136 follicular lymphoma patients receiving idiotype vaccination after induction chemotherapy...
- Rituximab chimeric anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody therapy for relapsed indolent lymphoma: half of patients respond to a four-dose treatment programP McLaughlin
Department of Hematology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 16:2825-33. 1998..It is appealing for targeted therapy, because it does not shed or modulate. A chimeric monoclonal antibody more effectively mediates host effector functions and is itself less immunogenic than are murine antibodies...
- Transformation of follicular lymphoma to diffuse large B-cell lymphoma proceeds by distinct oncogenic mechanismsAndrew J Davies
Cancer Research UK Medical Oncology Unit, St Bartholomew s Hospital, London, UK
Br J Haematol 136:286-93. 2007..to further elucidate the biological mechanisms underlying the frequent event of transformation of follicular lymphoma (FL) to diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (t-FL)...
- Relative abundance of full-length and truncated FOXP1 isoforms is associated with differential NFkappaB activity in Follicular LymphomaMichael R Green
Genomics Research Centre, Griffith University, Queensland, Australia
Leuk Res 33:1699-702. 2009..Our results provide strong evidence that relative FOXP1 isoform abundance is associated with NFkappaB activity in FL, and could potentially be used as a marker for this gene signature...
- Long-term follow-up of patients with follicular lymphoma receiving single-agent rituximab at two different schedules in trial SAKK 35/98Giovanni Martinelli
Istituto Europeo di Oncologia, Divisione di Ematologia, Milan, Italy
J Clin Oncol 28:4480-4. 2010..of a randomized clinical trial comparing induction therapy with once per week for 4 weeks single-agent rituximab alone versus induction followed by 4 cycles of maintenance therapy every 2 months in patients with follicular lymphoma.
- Validation, revision and extension of the Follicular Lymphoma International Prognostic Index (FLIPI) in a population-based settingS A M van de Schans
Eindhoven Cancer Registry, Comprehensive Cancer Centre South, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Ann Oncol 20:1697-702. 2009The aim of this study was to validate the Follicular Lymphoma International Prognostic Index (FLIPI) in a population-based cohort and to study the relevance of revision and extension of the FLIPI.
- The role of cytotoxic therapy with hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in the treatment of follicular lymphoma: an evidence-based reviewDenise M Oliansky
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 16:443-68. 2010..Treatment recommendations reached unanimously by a panel of follicular lymphoma experts are: (1) autologous SCT is recommended as salvage therapy based on pre-rituximab data, with a ..
- Utility of the Follicular Lymphoma International Prognostic Index and the International Prognostic Index in assessing prognosis and predicting first-line treatment efficacy in follicular lymphoma patientsV Formica
Department of Medicine, Royal Marsden Hospital, London and Sutton, UK
Acta Haematol 122:193-9. 2009The Follicular Lymphoma International Prognostic Index (FLIPI) allows physicians to stratify patients into groups with distinct prognoses, however its ability to predict the treatment efficacy has not been fully investigated...
- 18F-fluoro-deoxy-glucose positron emission tomography (18F-FDG-PET) visualizes follicular lymphoma irrespective of gradingS Wohrer
Department of Internal Medicine I, Nuclear Medicine and Radiology, Medical University Vienna, Austria
Ann Oncol 17:780-4. 2006..We have investigated accuracy and clinical usefulness of 18F-FDG-PET in patients with follicular lymphoma (FL).
- Gastrointestinal follicular lymphoma: review of the literatureShuji Yamamoto
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, 54 Shogoin Kawahara cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, 606 8507, Japan
J Gastroenterol 45:370-88. 2010Gastrointestinal follicular lymphoma (GI-FL) is a relatively rare disease, accounting for only 1%-3.6% of gastrointestinal non-Hodgkin's lymphoma...
- Rituximab: a review of its use in chronic lymphocytic leukaemia, low-grade or follicular lymphoma and diffuse large B-cell lymphomaGillian M Keating
Adis, a Wolters Kluwer Business, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 70:1445-76. 2010..the use of intravenous rituximab in the treatment of chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL), low-grade or follicular lymphoma, and diffuse large B-cell lymphoma...
- Long-term outcomes for patients with limited stage follicular lymphoma: involved regional radiotherapy versus involved node radiotherapyBelinda A Campbell
Department of Radiation Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Cancer 116:3797-806. 2010Given the indolent behavior of follicular lymphoma (FL), it is controversial whether limited stage FL can be cured using radiotherapy (RT). Furthermore, the optimal RT field size is unclear...
- Primary follicular lymphoma of the gastrointestinal tract: a study of 25 cases and a literature reviewG Damaj
Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Ann Oncol 14:623-9. 2003To describe better the clinical, biological, endoscopic and pathological presentations, as well as the outcome, of primary follicular lymphoma (FL) of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract.
- Magnified endoscopic view of primary follicular lymphoma at the duodenal papillaHiroshi Nakase
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University
Intern Med 46:141-2. 2007
- Vaccination strategies in follicular lymphomaShibichakravarthy Kannan
Department of Lymphoma and Myeloma, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Unit 903, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Curr Hematol Malig Rep 4:189-95. 2009b>Follicular lymphoma is one of the most immune-responsive cancers...
- Rituximab immunotherapy results in the induction of a lymphoma idiotype-specific T-cell response in patients with follicular lymphoma: support for a "vaccinal effect" of rituximabShannon P Hilchey
James P Wilmot Cancer Center, Aab Institute of Biomedical Sciences, and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Blood 113:3809-12. 2009..rituximab, a chimeric anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody, into the therapeutic armamentarium for patients with follicular lymphoma (FL) has significantly improved treatment outcome for such patients...
- Prognostic factors in follicular lymphomaThomas Relander
Department of Pathology, British Columbia Cancer Agency and University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Clin Oncol 28:2902-13. 2010b>Follicular lymphoma (FL) is one of the most common types of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. It is usually diagnosed at an advanced stage, for which many treatment options exist, however, no curative standard therapy has been identified...
- Immunochemotherapy with in vivo purging and autotransplant induces long clinical and molecular remission in advanced relapsed and refractory follicular lymphomaL Arcaini
Division of Hematology, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, University of Pavia, Pavia
Ann Oncol 19:1331-5. 2008To evaluate the clinical outcome of patients with relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma treated with immunochemotherapy, in vivo purging and high-dose therapy with autotransplant.
- Follicular lymphoma prognostic factors in the modern era: what is clinically meaningful?Ph Solal-Céligny
Centre J Bernard, Service d Hematologie, Le Mans, France
Int J Hematol 92:246-54. 2010..The Follicular Lymphoma International Prognostic Index (FLIPI) has been designed to separate patients into 3 groups with ..
- Time to treatment response in patients with follicular lymphoma treated with bortezomib is longer compared with other histologic subtypesOwen A O'Connor
NYU Cancer Institute, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:719-26. 2010..To determine the antitumor activity of the novel proteasome inhibitor bortezomib in patients with indolent non-Hodgkin's lymphoma...
- Nodal follicular lymphoma: the role of radiotherapy for stages I and IIFrank Heinzelmann
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 186:191-6. 2010To clarify the role of external-beam radiotherapy (RT) in patients with stage I and II nodal follicular lymphoma (FL).
- Expression of activation-induced cytidine deaminase in human B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphomasJobst Greeve
Zentrum fur Innere Medizin, Medizinische Klinik I, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
Blood 101:3574-80. 2003..In a survey of human B-NHL AID was found to be constitutively expressed in follicular lymphoma and in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma but to be absent in B-precursor lymphoblastic leukemia, in mantle cell ..
- Small intestinal follicular lymphoma with multiple tumor formations diagnosed by double-balloon enteroscopyKazuyoshi Higuchi
Department of Gastroenterology, Honjo Daiichi General Hospital, Yurihonjo, Akita
Intern Med 46:705-9. 2007b>Follicular lymphoma of the small intestine remains relatively rare, especially in its early stage. Recently, double-balloon endoscopy has enabled observation of the entire small intestine...
- High numbers of tumor-associated macrophages have an adverse prognostic value that can be circumvented by rituximab in patients with follicular lymphoma enrolled onto the GELA-GOELAMS FL-2000 trialDanielle Canioni
Department of Pathology, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Universite Paris Descartes, 149 rue de Sevres, 75015, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 26:440-6. 2008High amounts of intratumoral macrophages have been shown to correlate with poor prognosis in patients with follicular lymphoma (FL) treated with chemotherapy without rituximab...
- Risk and clinical implications of transformation of follicular lymphoma to diffuse large B-cell lymphomaSilvia Montoto
Cancer Research UK Medical Oncology Unit, Barts and The London, Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 25:2426-33. 2007To study the clinical significance of transformation to diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) in patients with follicular lymphoma (FL).
- The impact of follicular lymphoma on health-related quality of lifeR Pettengell
Haematology and Oncology, St George s Hospital, London, UK
Ann Oncol 19:570-6. 2008The purpose of this study was to determine whether there was a relationship between disease activity and health functioning, as measured by a range of patient-reported outcome (PRO) measures in patients with follicular lymphoma (FL).
- Rituximab maintenance for the treatment of patients with follicular lymphoma: systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized trialsLiat Vidal
Institute of Hematology, Beilinson Hospital, Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tikva, Israel
J Natl Cancer Inst 101:248-55. 2009b>Follicular lymphoma is characterized by slow growth and an initially high rate of response to treatment, but patients typically relapse and experience progressive disease...
- Follicular lymphoma B cells induce the conversion of conventional CD4+ T cells to T-regulatory cellsWeiyun Z Ai
Department of Medicine, Divisions of Oncology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Int J Cancer 124:239-44. 2009..Some studies have shown that T-cell receptor (TCR) stimulation can convert conventional T cells into Treg. Follicular lymphoma (FL) B cells can enhance this Treg conversion...
- DNA hypermethylation accompanied by transcriptional repression in follicular lymphomaLYNDA B BENNETT
Department of Pathology and Anatomical Sciences, University of Missouri Columbia School of Medicine, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 48:828-41. 2009..microarray technologies were used to study DNA methylation accompanied by transcriptional changes in follicular lymphoma (FL)...
- Clonally related follicular lymphomas and histiocytic/dendritic cell sarcomas: evidence for transdifferentiation of the follicular lymphoma cloneAndrew L Feldman
Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 1500, USA
Blood 111:5433-9. 2008Rare cases of histiocytic and dendritic cell (H/DC) neoplasms have been reported in patients with follicular lymphoma (FL), but the biologic relationship between the 2 neoplasms is unknown...
- Preclinical studies of Apogossypolone: a new nonpeptidic pan small-molecule inhibitor of Bcl-2, Bcl-XL and Mcl-1 proteins in Follicular Small Cleaved Cell Lymphoma modelAlan A Arnold
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Mol Cancer 7:20. 2008..of anti-apoptotic Bcl-2 family proteins have been linked to a poor survival rate of patients with Follicular Lymphoma (FL)...
- Phase II study of a TLR-9 agonist (1018 ISS) with rituximab in patients with relapsed or refractory follicular lymphomaJonathan W Friedberg
James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, USA
Br J Haematol 146:282-91. 2009..rituximab (375 mg/m(2) weekly x 4) in patients (n = 23) with relapsed/refractory, histologically confirmed follicular lymphoma, and evaluated immunological changes following the combination...
- Myeloablative radiochemotherapy followed by autologous stem cell transplantation in first remission prolongs progression-free survival in follicular lymphoma: results of a prospective, randomized trial of the German Low-Grade Lymphoma Study GroupGeorg Lenz
Department of Internal Medicine III, Ludwig Maximilians University, Marchioninistrasse 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Blood 104:2667-74. 2004Conventional chemotherapy has failed to substantially prolong survival for patients with advanced follicular lymphoma. To improve outcomes, the German Low-Grade Lymphoma Study Group (GLSG) initiated a randomized trial to compare the ..
- Number of CD4+ cells and location of forkhead box protein P3-positive cells in diagnostic follicular lymphoma tissue microarrays correlates with outcomeAbigail M Lee
Cancer Research UK, Medical Oncology Unit, St Bartholomew s Hospital, Charterhouse Square, London EC1M 6BQ, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 24:5052-9. 2006To examine the immune microenvironment in diagnostic follicular lymphoma (FL) biopsies and evaluate its prognostic significance.
- Frontline therapy with rituximab added to the combination of cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone (CHOP) significantly improves the outcome for patients with advanced-stage follicular lymphoma compared with therapy with CHOP alone: rWolfgang Hiddemann
Department of Internal Medicine III, University of Munich, Grosshadern Marchioninistr 15, 81377 Munchen, Germany
Blood 106:3725-32. 2005Phase 2 studies suggest that the monoclonal antibody rituximab may improve the prognosis of patients with follicular lymphoma (FL) when it is added to chemotherapy...
- Altered B-cell receptor signaling kinetics distinguish human follicular lymphoma B cells from tumor-infiltrating nonmalignant B cellsJonathan M Irish
Department of Medicine, Oncology Division, Baxter Laboratory for Genetic Pharmacology, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA 94305 5151, USA
Blood 108:3135-42. 2006..We used single-cell signaling profiles to compare follicular lymphoma (FL) B cells and nonmalignant host B cells within individual patient biopsies and identified BCR-mediated ..
- Aberrant somatic hypermutation in transformation of follicular lymphoma and chronic lymphocytic leukemia to diffuse large B-cell lymphomaDavide Rossi
Division of Hematology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and IRCAD, Amedeo Avogadro University of Eastern Piedmont, Via Solaroli 17, 28100 Novara, Italy
Haematologica 91:1405-9. 2006The molecular mechanisms involved in histologic transformation of follicular lymphoma (FL) and B-chronic lymphocytic leukemia (B-CLL) to diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) are heterogeneous and largely unknown...
- Long-term outcome and mortality trends in early-stage, Grade 1-2 follicular lymphoma treated with radiation therapyBeverly A Guadagnolo
Joint Center for Radiation Therapy Harvard Radiation Oncology Residency Program, Boston, MA, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 64:928-34. 2006To analyze long-term outcomes and causes of death in patients receiving radiation therapy (RT) for localized, low-grade follicular lymphoma.
- Insights into the molecular pathogenesis of follicular lymphoma arising from analysis of geographic variationJames J Biagi
Department of Haematology, The Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute, East Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Blood 99:4265-75. 2002Incidence rates of follicular lymphoma (FL) inexplicably vary markedly between Western and Asian countries...
- In situ localization of follicular lymphoma: description and analysis by laser capture microdissectionPeijie Cong
Hematopathology Section, Laboratory of Pathology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Blood 99:3376-82. 2002..We propose the designation in situ localization of follicular lymphoma (FL) for this phenomenon...
- Two immunoglobulin G fragment C receptor polymorphisms independently predict response to rituximab in patients with follicular lymphomaWen Kai Weng
Department of Internal Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA 94305, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:3940-7. 2003..Several Fc gamma R polymorphisms have been identified that may affect the killing function of natural killer cells and macrophages...
- High numbers of tumor-infiltrating FOXP3-positive regulatory T cells are associated with improved overall survival in follicular lymphomaJoaquim Carreras
Hematopathology Section, Department of Pathology, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Blood 108:2957-64. 2006The tumor microenvironment plays an important role in the biologic behavior of follicular lymphoma (FL), but the specific cell subsets involved in this regulation are unknown...
- CXCL13 (BCA-1) is produced by follicular lymphoma cells: role in the accumulation of malignant B cellsHerve Husson
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Br J Haematol 119:492-5. 2002..The production of CXCL13 by FL cells and CXCL12 by stromal cells probably directs and participates in the accumulation of FL cells within specific anatomic sites...
- Increased incidence of follicular lymphoma in the duodenumT Yoshino
Department of Pathology, Okayama University Medical School, Japan
Am J Surg Pathol 24:688-93. 2000The incidence of indolent lymphomas in the lymph nodes and extranodal regions is quite different. Follicular lymphoma (FL) is most common in the nodes, and it seems to be least common in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, where mucosa-..
- Multimodal therapy for localized spinal epidural follicular lymphomaChristoph Kahl
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, University of Rostock, Germany
Onkologie 33:381-4. 2010..An epidural growth of low-grade lymphoma is even more unusual. Due to this low incidence, therapeutic experience for this entity is limited...
- Frequency of the Bcl-2/IgH rearrangement in normal individuals: implications for the monitoring of disease in patients with follicular lymphomaK E Summers
Imperial Cancer Research Fund Medical Oncology Unit, St Bartholomew's Hospital Medical College, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 19:420-4. 2001..to define the potential complication this may pose for the molecular monitoring of disease in patients with follicular lymphoma (FL)...
- Molecular pathogenesis of follicular lymphoma: a cross talk of genetic and immunologic factorsDaphne de Jong
Department of Pathology, Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 23:6358-63. 2005b>Follicular lymphoma (FL) is the second most frequent type of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in adults. The disease is characterized by an indolent course with frequent relapses...
- Follicular lymphoma-like B cells in healthy individuals: a novel intermediate step in early lymphomagenesisSandrine Roulland
Centre d immunologie de Marseille Luminy, Universite de la Mediterranee, 13288 Marseille, France
J Exp Med 203:2425-31. 2006b>Follicular lymphoma is one of the most common adult lymphoma, and remains virtually incurable despite its relatively indolent nature...
- PKC zeta mTOR pathway: a new target for rituximab therapy in follicular lymphomaLudivine Leseux
INSERM, Unite 563, Centre de Physiopathologie de Toulouse Purpan, Universite Toulouse III Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France
Blood 111:285-91. 2008..We found that follicular lymphoma cells displayed an increase in PKCzeta expression and activity levels, compared with nonmalignant B cells, ..
- Phase I/II study of galiximab, an anti-CD80 antibody, for relapsed or refractory follicular lymphomaMyron S Czuczman
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton St, Buffalo, NY 14263 0001, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:4390-8. 2005This multicenter, dose-escalation study evaluates the safety, pharmacokinetics, and efficacy of galiximab (anti-CD80 monoclonal antibody) in patients with relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma.
- Expression of the follicular lymphoma variant translocation 1 gene in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma correlates with subtype and clinical outcomeDavid R Czuchlewski
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10021, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 130:957-62. 2008..Less well studied is the role of the follicular lymphoma variant translocation 1 (FVT1) gene, which was identified through its involvement in an atypical follicular ..
- Bone marrow histological patterns can predict survival of patients with grade 1 or 2 follicular lymphoma: a study from the Groupe d'Etude des Lymphomes FolliculairesDanielle Canioni
Pathology Department, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris
Br J Haematol 126:364-71. 2004..These results indicate that BMB histology can predict survival of FL patients with a high tumour burden, and may help in defining their treatment...
- VavP-Bcl2 transgenic mice develop follicular lymphoma preceded by germinal center hyperplasiaAlexander Egle
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Blood 103:2276-83. 2004In human follicular lymphoma the t(14; 18) chromosome translocation activates the antiapoptotic oncogene Bcl2 by linking it to the immunoglobulin heavy chain (IGH) locus...
- Follicular lymphoma: time for a re-think?Maher K Gandhi
Department of Haematology, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, 4006 QLD, Australia
Blood Rev 19:165-78. 2005b>Follicular lymphoma (FL) is a malignancy of follicle centre B cells that have at least a partially follicular pattern, and is the commonest type of indolent Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma...
- Cytologic differential diagnosis of follicular lymphoma grades 1 and 2 from reactive follicular hyperplasia: cytologic features of fine-needle aspiration smears with Pap stain and fluorescence in situ hybridization analysis to detect t(14;18)(q32;q21) chrKoji Kishimoto
Department of Pathology, Showa University Fujigaoka Hospital, Yokohama, Japan
Diagn Cytopathol 34:11-7. 2006..Here, we applied Pap stain for cytomorphologic differential diagnosis of follicular lymphoma (FL) from reactive follicular hyperplasia (RFH)...
- Follicular lymphoma cells induce T-cell immunologic synapse dysfunction that can be repaired with lenalidomide: implications for the tumor microenvironment and immunotherapyAlan G Ramsay
Institute of Cancer, Cancer Research UK Clinical Centre for Medical Oncology, Barts and the London School of Medicine, Queen Mary University of London, London, United Kingdom
Blood 114:4713-20. 2009..Here we identify impaired T-cell immunologic synapse formation as an active immunosuppressive mechanism in follicular lymphoma (FL) and diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL)...
- Serum autotaxin measurement in haematological malignancies: a promising marker for follicular lymphomaAkiko Masuda
Department of Clinical Laboratory Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Haematol 143:60-70. 2008..The serum ATX antigen levels in patients with B-cell neoplasms, especially follicular lymphoma (FL), were higher than those in healthy subjects...
- Anti-idiotypic Immunotherapy in follicular lymphoma patients: results of a long follow-up studyRosa Yañez
Department of Immunology, Hospital Clinica Puerta de Hierro, Madrid, Spain
J Immunother 31:310-2. 2008..We analyze the clinical outcome and the presence of tumor cells in the blood of 8 patients with follicular lymphoma, vaccinated with autologous idiotype protein from their lymphoma cells...
- Treatment of follicular lymphoma: current statusHerve Tilly
Centre Henri Becquerel, Rouen, France
Leuk Lymphoma 49:7-17. 2008With the recent proliferation of treatment options for patients with follicular lymphoma (FL), median survival has been shown to have improved, from 84 months between 1983 and 1989 to 93 months between 1993 and 1999...
- High-dose therapy and autologous hematopoietic-cell transplantation for follicular lymphoma beyond first remission: the Stanford University experienceT M Cao
Department of Medicine, Division of Bone Marrow Transplantation, Stanford University Medical Center, California 94305-5623, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 7:294-301. 2001..or relapsed follicular low-grade lymphoma (FLGL), follicular large cell lymphoma (FLCL), and transformed follicular lymphoma (TFL) were treated with myeloablative therapy consisting of etoposide (60 mg/kg), cyclophosphamide (100 mg/..
- Overexpression of SOCS3 is associated with decreased survival in a cohort of patients with de novo follicular lymphomaRavitharan Krishnadasan
Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Br J Haematol 135:72-5. 2006..001, log rank test). After adjusting for Follicular Lymphoma International Prognostic Index subgroups, SOCS3 overexpression remained an independent predictor of ..
- Follicular lymphoma of the pancreas: a case report and proposed new strategies for diagnosis and surgery of benign or low-grade malignant lesions of the head of the pancreasNaohiro Sata
Department of Surgery, Jichi Medical University, Tochigi, Japan
JOP 8:44-9. 2007Primary pancreatic lymphoma is a rare form of extranodal lymphoma originating in the pancreas. The present report describes a case of follicular lymphoma of the pancreas with unique CT and MRI findings.
- Stage I/II follicular lymphoma: spread of bcl-2/IgH+ cells in blood and bone marrow from primary site of disease and possibility of clearance after involved field radiotherapyAlessandro Pulsoni
Division of Haematology, Dipartimento di Biotecnologie Cellulari ed Ematologia, La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Br J Haematol 137:216-20. 2007Stage I/IIA follicular lymphoma (FL) is considered a localised disease that can be adequately treated with radiotherapy alone...
- Intracytoplasmic immunoglobulin crystals in follicular lymphomaRyuichi Wada
Department of Pathology, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, Hirosaki, Japan
Hum Pathol 33:1141-4. 2002We report a case of follicular lymphoma with crystal inclusions...
- Quantitative PCR analysis for Bcl-2/IgH in a phase III study of Yttrium-90 Ibritumomab Tiuxetan as consolidation of first remission in patients with follicular lymphomaLindsey Goff
Cancer Research UK Medical Oncology Unit, St Bartholomew s Hospital, 45 Little Britain, London EC1A 7BE, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 27:6094-100. 2009PURPOSE The randomized First-Line Indolent Trial (FIT) was conducted in patients with advanced follicular lymphoma (FL), to evaluate the safety and efficacy of yttrium-90 ((90)Y) ibritumomab tiuxetan given as consolidation of complete or ..
- Cellular pharmacology of P-ethoxy antisense oligonucleotides targeted to Bcl-2 in a follicular lymphoma cell lineYolanda Gutierrez-Puente
Immunobiology and Drug Carriers Section, Department of Bioimmunotherapy, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 44:1979-85. 2003..inhibited Bcl-2 protein expression and induced growth inhibition in t(14;18)-positive transformed follicular lymphoma (FL) cell lines...
- GB Virus C and Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma Risk and PrognosisJack T Stapleton; Fiscal Year: 2013..the association of GBV-C with NHL subtypes (diffuse large B cell lymphoma, other B-cell lymphomas, follicular lymphoma, or T cell lymphomas) will be examined, although power to assess subtype-specific associations was limited...
- Cell Death Regulation by Pro-Apoptotic BOK During HematopoiesisSamuel G Katz; Fiscal Year: 2013..g. thrombocytopenia) or pathologic cellular survival as seen in hematologic cancers (e.g. follicular lymphoma)...
- Vitamin D and Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma PrognosisJennifer L Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2012..the role of vitamin D in lymphoma prognosis, with a focus on the two most common NHL subtypes, DLBCL and follicular lymphoma (FL)...
- Molecular epidemiology of non-Hodgkin lymphoma prognosis and preventionSophia Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..survival, with a focus on the two most common NHL subtypes, diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) and follicular lymphoma. Our study is among only a handful with NHL cases treated in the immunotherapy (rituximab) era (post-2000), ..
- 1H NMR STUDIES OF NON-HODGKINS LYMPHOMAJerry D Glickson; Fiscal Year: 2012..regional response of the tumor, and 3) to extend the study to more responsive DLBCL xenograft models and to follicular lymphoma, the next most common form of NHL...
- CD20-targeted IL-15 immunotherapeutic for B-cell malignanciesHing C Wong; Fiscal Year: 2012..provides patients with B-cell malignancies with significant clinical benefit, indolent lymphomas, such as follicular lymphoma and chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), remain incurable with patients exhibiting relapses and refractory ..
- Targeting B-cell lymphoma with LeukotheraBenjamin A Belinka; Fiscal Year: 2013..mantle cell lymphoma (MCL), follicular lymphoma (FL), diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL), and Burkitt lymphoma)...
- Predictors of clinical outcome after therapeutic vaccination in follicular lymphoSattva S Neelapu; Fiscal Year: 2013..colony stimulating factor, GM-CSF) to patients with advanced stage, previously untreated follicular lymphoma (FL), in complete remission following standard induction chemotherapy...
- Genetic Modifiers of the Anti-apoptotic Functions of Bcl-2CICELY ANNE JETTE; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long-term goal of this application is to restore normal cell death pathways in B-cell follicular lymphoma and other hematological cancers by targeting pivotal molecules with small molecule inhibitors or antibodies...
- Resequencing and Functional Studies to Identify Causal Gene Variants of LymphomaChristine F Skibola; Fiscal Year: 2013..32-33 in the major histocompatibility complex (MHC) region were associated with risk of follicular lymphoma (FL), one of the major subtypes of NHL. Our GWAS suggests an important genetic role exists for FL...
- Systems Biology of Tumor Progression and Drug-ResistanceAndrea Califano; Fiscal Year: 2010..for which we have developed detailed computational and experimental models, including (a) Progression from Follicular Lymphoma (FL) to Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma (DLBCL) (b) Glucocorticoid resistance in T-lineage Acute ..
- Molecular Targeting of Diffuse Large B-cell LymphomaAri M Melnick; Fiscal Year: 2013..of patients with two most frequent forms of lymphoma: the diffuse large B-cell lymphomas (DLBCL) and follicular lymphoma (FL)...
- Detection of Light Chain Restriction in non-Hodgkin Lymphoma by a Novel RNA In SiXiao Jun Ma; Fiscal Year: 2012..sensitivity to detect LCR in many non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL), including the most common NHL variants - follicular lymphoma, diffuse large B cell lymphoma, small B lymphocytic lymphoma, and extranodal marginal zone lymphoma of MALT ..
- Rituximab Elicitation of Tumor Specific T-cell Responses in Lymphoma PatientsSteven H Bernstein; Fiscal Year: 2012..monoclonal antibody directed against CD20, has shown significant therapeutic activity in patients with follicular lymphoma (FL), yet it's exact mechanism of action has not been completely defined...
- Cooperation of PTEN and SHIP as tumor suppressors in B-CellsIrene Munk Pedersen; Fiscal Year: 2011DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): B-cell cancers such as CLL (Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia), FL (Follicular Lymphoma) and DLBCL (Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma) account for the majority of hematological malignancies in the Western ..
- Role of MLL2 Gene Inactivation in B cell Non Hodgkin LymphomaLaura Pasqualucci; Fiscal Year: 2013..NHL), accounting for 30-40% of the de-novo diagnoses and also arising as a frequent clinical evolution of follicular lymphoma (FL)...
- Identification of biomarkers of fatty acid intakeHannia Campos; Fiscal Year: 2002..T cell clones expressing a CD20-specific scFvFc:zeta chimeric immunoreceptor into patients with relapsed follicular lymphoma in a small Phase I pilot trial...
- Computer-assisted Grading and Risk Stratification of Follicular LymphomaMETIN NAFI GURCAN; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Follicular lymphoma (FL) is the second most common non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Several treatment options exist today, but these are costly and include significant toxicities...
- Genetic Basis of Signaling Heterogeneity in Human Follicular LymphomaRonald Levy; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Follicular lymphoma (FL) is generally an incurable disease. In each case the tumor is composed of a clonal population of B cells with a unique B cell antigen receptor (BCR)...
- ACTIVATION OF BCL-2 IN HEMATOLOGIC MALIGNANCIESLinda M Boxer; Fiscal Year: 2012Project Summary Follicular lymphoma is characterized by the t(14;18) translocation, which links the bcl-2 gene with the immunoglobulin heavy chain gene (IgH)...
- Computational Modeling of Cancer BiologySylvia Plevritis; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our study in humans will focus on the transformation of follicular lymphoma to high grade lymphoma using gene expression data derived from tissue that is correlated to clinical events ..
- Disruption of HLA Class II-Mediated Immune Recognition of B-Cell LymphomasAzizul Haque; Fiscal Year: 2013..class II-restricted CD4+ cytotoxic T cells (CTL) could be generated against BL and as well as non-Hodgkins follicular lymphoma (FL)...
- Small Molecule Inhibitors of the BCL6 OncoproteinArie Zask; Fiscal Year: 2013..of patients with the two most frequent forms of lymphoma: the diffuse large B-cell lymphomas (DLBCL) and follicular lymphoma (FL)...
- Role of acetyltransferase gene inactivation in follicular lymphoma pathogenesisRiccardo Dalla-Favera; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Follicular Lymphoma (FL) represents the second most common form of B-cell non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (B-NHL), accounting for ~30% of the de-novo diagnoses (Swerdlow et al., 2008)...
- Modeling the Role of Differentiation in Cancer ProgressionSYLVIA KATINA PLEVRITIS; Fiscal Year: 2013..These computational approaches will be applied to the study of differentiation in AML, Follicular Lymphoma and T-ALL. In AML, we will identify regulatory networks driving leukemic stem cells...
- The BCL-2 Homologues of Gamma HerpesvirusesJ Marie Hardwick; Fiscal Year: 2006..The human Bcl-2 gene was first identified at the characteristic translocation breakpoints in follicular lymphoma leading to overexpression of BCL-2 protein...
- OLIGONUCLEOTIDE INHIBITION OF CELL PROLIFERATIONEric Wickstrom; Fiscal Year: 2000..clinical trials of oligonucleotide therapeutics have demonstrated antisense efficacy in patients against follicular lymphoma, chronic myelogenous leukemia, cytomegalovirus and Crohn's disease...
- TUMOR HOST RELATIONSHIPS IN HUMAN LYMPHOMAS IN VIVORoger Warnke; Fiscal Year: 1993..Studies of sequential biopsies from follicular lymphoma patients may provide insights in tumor progression/transformation...
- FUNCTION OF THE BCL-2 PROTEINDONALD EWERT; Fiscal Year: 1993..About 90% of follicular lymphoma of B-cell origin, one of the most common hematopoietic malignancies, carry a specific chromosomal ..
- CD19-Specific T-Cell Therapy for Follicular LymphomaLAURENCE COOPER; Fiscal Year: 2004Currently, patients with treatment-refractory follicular lymphoma, the most common sub-type of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, have a poor chance of disease-free survival and this group needs to be treated with innovative approaches...
- BC1-2 REARRANGEMENTS IN CLLLouise Showe; Fiscal Year: 1992..b>Follicular lymphoma is one of the most common hematopoietic tumors in the United States and has been shown to carry a specific ..
- MOLECULAR STUDIES ON THE EVOLUTION OF B-CELL LYMPHOMASCHARLOTTE GAUWERKY; Fiscal Year: 1991..The t(14;18) translocation is found in follicular lymphoma, the t(11;14) translocation in diffuse small and large cell lymphoma, and the t(8;14), t(2;8) or t(8;22) ..
- THERAPEUTIC DNA VACCINES TO TREAT B CELL LYMPHOMAPeter Hobart; Fiscal Year: 2000..to increase potency of a plasmid DNA tumor vaccine being developed for the treatment of low grade non-follicular lymphoma. Based on the results of pre-clinical tumor challenge studies in a mouse lymphoma model system and a Phase ..
- Stromal Cell Molecules Required for Lymphoma GenerationLi Li; Fiscal Year: 2006In the early stage, follicular lymphoma, one of the most common hematological malignancies in adults, is usually indolent, regressing spontaneously and showing susceptibility to chemotherapy...
- MINIMAL RESIDUAL DISEASE IN LYMPHOMAS WITH THE T-14-18Ming Sheng Lee; Fiscal Year: 1993..A retrospective study also will be performed in a highly selected group of patients with follicular lymphoma who have been in continuous remission for more than two year even though the structure of the bcl-2 gene in ..
- EXPRESSION PROFILING OF PROGRESSED FOLLICULAR LYMPHOMASKojo Elenitoba Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2001..t(14;18) translocation in both samples in order to ensure that both neoplasms originate from a follicular lymphoma. The microarray technology permits the simultaneous study of the expression status of multiple genes and ..
- Prediagnostic Markers of Immune Activation and Viral Infection and Risk of NHLOtoniel Martinez Maza; Fiscal Year: 2009..are associated with the subsequent development of B cell NHL (diffuse large B cell lymphoma [DLBCL] and follicular lymphoma) in apparently immunocompetent individuals;2) determine whether altered patterns of antibodies to EBV, ..
- Activation of BCL-2 in Hematologic MalgnanciesLINDA BOXER; Fiscal Year: 2007b>Follicular lymphoma is characterized by the t(14;18) translocation, which links the bcl-2 gene with the immunoglobulin heavy chain gene (IgH). The translocated bcl-2 allele is expressed at high levels, and the normal allele is silent...
- GENES ACTIVATED IN TRANSFORMATION OF FOLLICULAR LYMPHOMAAndrew Zelenetz; Fiscal Year: 1990..Unfortunately, the follicular lymphoma tissue cannot be grown in vitro, thus mRNA from the follicular lymphomas is limited...
- MECHANISM & REGULATION OF BCL-2 ANTIPROLIFERATIVE EFFECTZOLTAN OLTVAI; Fiscal Year: 2001..may contribute to the secondary malignant transformations of Bcl-2 expressing indolent tumors, such as follicular lymphoma. Their proposed research program aims to examine the relation of Bcl-2's phosphorylation to its ..
- Molecular Epidemiology of non-Hodgkin Lymphoma SurvivalJames R Cerhan; Fiscal Year: 2010..host (inherited) immune genes and DNA repair genes that individually and in aggregate predict survival for follicular lymphoma (FL) and diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) beyond classic clinical and demographic prognostic factors...
- Immunogenetics of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma SurvivalJames Cerhan; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- A Genome-Wide Association Study of Non-Hodgkin LymphomaChristine F Skibola; Fiscal Year: 2010..The data generated from this study will provide a framework for further investigation within the NHL consortium, InterLymph. Results will later be combined with that from other InterLymph case-control studies in pooled analyses. ..
- Monoclonal Antibody Therapy for Follicular LymphomaJonathan Friedberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- BLys inhibition using TACI-Fc in patients with B-bell non-Hodgkins' LymphomaStephen Ansell; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Novel Monoclonal Antibody Therapies for LymphomaJohn Leonard; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is also expected that this work will significantly contribute to the care of patients with these and other B-cell malignancies. ..
- Prognostic Models in Diffuse Large B-Cell LymphomaIzidore S Lossos; Fiscal Year: 2010..Further, establishment of a paraffin-based RNA prognostic model using the new methodology of RNA extraction could serve as a paradigm for other lymphomas and tumors. ..
- ANTI-CD20 ANTIBODY THERAPY OF NHL-- MECHANISM OF ACTIONDavid Maloney; Fiscal Year: 2002..III. Determine the role of the mAb FC region in mediating anti- proliferative effects of anti-CD20 mAbs in xenografts of B cell NHL lines in NOD/SCID mice. ..
- INTEGRIN SIGNALING IN ACUTE LYMPHOBLASTIC LEUKEMIAArnold Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2001..Understanding the cell-cell interaction between BM stromal cells and pre-B ALL cells may provide future therapeutic strategies with which to modulate the growth of these leukemias. ..
- CpG Plus Rituximab Therapy in Follicular LymphomaArnold Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study is a novel approach to treating FL, where augmenting antigen presentation and effector cells may lead to enhanced cytotoxic effects of rituximab and induce anti-tumor immunity. ..
- Etanercept Therapy in Follicular LymphomaArnold Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study is a novel approach to treating FL, where targeting the microenvironment of the tumor may inhibit the growth and survival of the neoplastic cells. ..
- Mechanism of Antibody Therapy in Human B Cell LymphomaWen Kai Weng; Fiscal Year: 2007..The knowledge generated from this project will help us to design better ways to use monoclonal antibodies and to develop new reagents to treat patients with B cell lymphoma. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Inducing and targeting of EBV lytic antigens in lymphomaSven de Vos; Fiscal Year: 2006..We anticipate a successful clinical trial and plan the extension to a larger multi center clinical trial in the time following the K23 granting period. ..
- Characterization of Methods for Preservation of Phosphoproteins in fixed tissuesEric Hsi; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, control material with defined relative expression levels of many PPs will result from this application and allow laboratories to assess performance of their individual assays. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Quantitative RT-PCR: Prediction Lymphoma TransformationKojo Elenitoba Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2005..foundation for the gene expression profiling studies evaluating the predictive power of a previously identified set of ~30 genes to predict the transformation of follicular lymphoma to an aggressive large B-cell lymphoma in phase II.
- TECHNIQUES FOR CALCULATING TUMOR DOSIMETRY FROM IMAGINGKENNETH KORAL; Fiscal Year: 2003..Applications of the methods to other therapies and to imaging with other multi-gamma-emission radionuclides such as 111-In are also possible. ..
- Inflammatory Markers in a 2-Year Soy Intervention among Premenopausal WomenGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2008..The statistical analysis will apply general linear models to compare the levels of inflammatory markers by soy intake, while taking into account the repeated measurement design. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Minor Histocompatilibity Vaccination After Allo-Transpl*Koen Van Besien; Fiscal Year: 2004..Blood, marrow and skin biopsy samples will be obtained for correlative studies relating to immune reconstitution and minimal residual disease and compared with historical controls. ..
- Quality of Life of Testicular Cancer SurvivorsYawei Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2008..The increasing incidence of TC in young men, and the high survival rate, makes understanding the morbidity associated with TC survival a public health priority. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- INTRACELLULAR TRAFFICKING OF IMMUNOTOXINSOliver Press; Fiscal Year: 2003....