Genomes and Genes
mantle cell lymphoma
Summary: A rare form of non-Hodgkin lymphoma having a usually diffuse pattern with both small and medium lymphocytes and small cleaved cells. It accounts for about 5% of adult non-Hodgkin lymphomas in the United States and Europe. The majority of mantle-cell lymphomas are associated with a t(11;14) translocation resulting in overexpression of the cyclin D1 gene (GENES, BCL-1).
Publications331 found, 100 shown here
- Genomic and gene expression profiling defines indolent forms of mantle cell lymphomaVeronica Fernandez
Hematopathology Section, Department of Pathology, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer and Department of Hematology, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Cancer Res 70:1408-18. 2010b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is typically a very aggressive disease with poor outcomes, but some cases display an indolent behavior that might not necessitate treatment at diagnosis...
- microRNA expression profile and identification of miR-29 as a prognostic marker and pathogenetic factor by targeting CDK6 in mantle cell lymphomaJian Jun Zhao
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL, USA
Blood 115:2630-9. 2010b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is one of the most aggressive B-cell lymphomas. Although several protein-coding genes are altered, expression signature and importance of microRNA (miRNA) have not been well documented in this malignancy...
- Adoptive immunotherapy for indolent non-Hodgkin lymphoma and mantle cell lymphoma using genetically modified autologous CD20-specific T cellsBrian G Till
Clinical Research Division of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Blood 112:2261-71. 2008..a proof-of-concept clinical trial in which patients with relapsed or refractory indolent B-cell lymphoma or mantle cell lymphoma were treated with autologous T cells genetically modified by electroporation with a vector plasmid encoding ..
- The proliferation gene expression signature is a quantitative integrator of oncogenic events that predicts survival in mantle cell lymphomaAndreas Rosenwald
The Lymphoma Leukemia Molecular Profiling Project, National Cancer Institute NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Cancer Cell 3:185-97. 2003We used gene expression profiling to establish a molecular diagnosis of mantle cell lymphoma (MCL), to elucidate its pathogenesis, and to predict the length of survival of these patients...
- Distinct functional significance of Akt and mTOR constitutive activation in mantle cell lymphomaJessica Dal Col
Cancer Bio Immunotherapy Unit, Department of Medical Oncology, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico CRO, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Caratiere Scientifico IRCCS National Cancer Institute, Aviano, Italy
Blood 111:5142-51. 2008Functional characterization of signaling pathways that critically control mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) cell growth and survival is relevant to designing new therapies for this lymphoma...
- FTY720 shows promising in vitro and in vivo preclinical activity by downmodulating Cyclin D1 and phospho-Akt in mantle cell lymphomaQing Liu
Division of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:3182-92. 2010Despite the progress that has been made in the treatment of mantle cell lymphoma (MCL), all patients invariably relapse with the currently available therapies...
- Constitutive activation of the Wnt canonical pathway in mantle cell lymphomaPascal Gelebart
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Cross Cancer Institute and University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB
Blood 112:5171-9. 2008..We hypothesize that these defects may exist in mantle cell lymphoma (MCL). Both the upstream and downstream aspects of WCP were examined in MCL cell lines and tumors...
- MDM2 antagonist nutlin-3 displays antiproliferative and proapoptotic activity in mantle cell lymphomaYoko Tabe
Hematopathology Section, Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:933-42. 2009b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) has one of the poorest prognoses of the non-Hodgkin's lymphomas, and novel therapeutic approaches are needed...
- Improvement of overall survival in advanced stage mantle cell lymphomaAnnina Herrmann
Department of Internal Medicine III, University of Munich, Germany
J Clin Oncol 27:511-8. 2009..To explore a potential progress in outcome a historical comparison was performed using data from the Kiel Lymphoma Study Group (KLSG; 1975 to 1986) and the German Low Grade Lymphoma Study Group (GLSG; 1996 to 2004)...
- ATM deficiency sensitizes mantle cell lymphoma cells to poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 inhibitorsChris T Williamson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Mol Cancer Ther 9:347-57. 2010..The ataxia telangiectasia mutated (ATM) gene is altered in several human cancers including mantle cell lymphoma (MCL)...
- Advances in the understanding of mantle cell lymphomaPedro Jares
Haematopathology Section, Laboratory of Pathology, and Genomics Unit, Hospital Clinic, Institut de Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Br J Haematol 142:149-65. 2008b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is a well-defined lymphoid neoplasm characterized by a proliferation of mature B lymphocytes expressing CD5 that may show a spectrum of morphological and phenotypic features broader than initially described...
- Phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase catalytic subunit alpha gene amplification contributes to the pathogenesis of mantle cell lymphomaAmanda Psyrri
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Propaedeutic, University of Athens, University General Hospital Attikon, Haidari, Athens, Greece
Clin Cancer Res 15:5724-32. 2009Activation of phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase pathway is implicated in the pathogenesis of mantle cell lymphoma (MCL). The genetic change in phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase catalytic subunit alpha (PIK3CA) in MCL has not been identified.
- Genetic and molecular pathogenesis of mantle cell lymphoma: perspectives for new targeted therapeuticsPedro Jares
Haematopathology Section, Laboratory of Pathology, and Genomics Unit, Hospital Clinic, Institut de Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Nat Rev Cancer 7:750-62. 2007b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is a well-defined lymphoid malignancy characterized by a rapid clinical evolution and poor response to current therapeutic protocols...
- Mantle cell lymphoma: biological insights and treatment advancesJohn P Leonard
Center for Lymphoma and Myeloma, Clinical Research, Division of Hematology Oncology, New York Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma 9:267-77. 2009b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) exhibits considerable molecular heterogeneity and complexity, and is regarded as one of the most challenging lymphomas to treat...
- Concomitant MYC and microRNA cluster miR-17-92 (C13orf25) amplification in human mantle cell lymphomaAndrea Rinaldi
Leuk Lymphoma 48:410-2. 2007
- Phase II trial of single-agent temsirolimus (CCI-779) for relapsed mantle cell lymphomaThomas E Witzig
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Stabile 628, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:5347-56. 2005b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is characterized by a t(11;14) resulting in overexpression of cyclin D1 messenger RNA...
- Genomewide DNA methylation analysis reveals novel targets for drug development in mantle cell lymphomaVioletta V Leshchenko
Albert Einstein Cancer Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Blood 116:1025-34. 2010b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is a mostly incurable malignancy arising from naive B cells (NBCs) in the mantle zone of lymph nodes...
- Small lymphocytic lymphoma, marginal zone B-cell lymphoma, and mantle cell lymphoma exhibit distinct gene-expression profiles allowing molecular diagnosisCatherine Thieblemont
Service d Hematologie, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite, France
Blood 103:2727-37. 2004..subtypes being small lymphocytic lymphoma (SLL), splenic marginal zone B-cell lymphoma (MZL), and mantle cell lymphoma (MCL)...
- Phase II clinical experience with the novel proteasome inhibitor bortezomib in patients with indolent non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and mantle cell lymphomaOwen A O'Connor
Department of Medicine, Lymphoma and Developmental Chemotherapy Services, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:676-84. 2005..To determine the antitumor activity of the novel proteasome inhibitor bortezomib in patients with indolent and mantle-cell lymphoma (MCL)...
- Synergistic antitumor effects of lenalidomide and rituximab on mantle cell lymphoma in vitro and in vivoLiang Zhang
Department of Lymphoma and Myeloma, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030, USA
Am J Hematol 84:553-9. 2009..induction of apoptosis and antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity (ADCC) with clinical efficacy in mantle cell lymphoma (MCL). Lenalidomide (LEN), a novel immunomodulatory agent, sensitizes tumor cells and enhances ADCC...
- Stabilization and activation of p53 downregulates mTOR signaling through AMPK in mantle cell lymphomaE Drakos
Department of Hematopathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Leukemia 23:784-90. 2009b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is a clinically aggressive B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma characterized by the t(11;14)(q13;q32) and overexpression of cyclin D1...
- JNK is constitutively active in mantle cell lymphoma: cell cycle deregulation and polyploidy by JNK inhibitor SP600125Miao Wang
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Pathol 218:95-103. 2009b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is characterized by genetic instability and a poor prognosis. Many blastoid variants are (hypo)tetraploid and have an even worse prognosis...
- Bortezomib for the treatment of mantle cell lymphomaRobert C Kane
Division of Drug Oncology Products, Office of Oncology Drug Products, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, U S Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring, Maryland 20993 0002, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:5291-4. 2007To describe the Food and Drug Administration review and marketing approval considerations for bortezomib (Velcade) for the treatment of patients with mantle cell lymphoma.
- Specific lentiviral shRNA-mediated knockdown of cyclin D1 in mantle cell lymphoma has minimal effects on cell survival and reveals a regulatory circuit with cyclin D2M Klier
Institute of Pathology, Helmholtz Center Munich German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Germany
Leukemia 22:2097-105. 2008Cyclin D1 overexpression is the hallmark of mantle cell lymphoma (MCL). However, the importance of cyclin D1 in the maintenance and progression of the disease remains to be defined...
- Phase III study to evaluate temsirolimus compared with investigator's choice therapy for the treatment of relapsed or refractory mantle cell lymphomaGeorg Hess
Department of Hematology Oncology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Langenbeckstr 1, Mainz, Germany
J Clin Oncol 27:3822-9. 2009..a specific inhibitor of the mammalian target of rapamycin kinase, has shown clinical activity in mantle cell lymphoma (MCL)...
- The shaving reaction: rituximab/CD20 complexes are removed from mantle cell lymphoma and chronic lymphocytic leukemia cells by THP-1 monocytesPaul V Beum
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Immunol 176:2600-9. 2006..Antigenic modulation described in previous reports may have been mediated by such shaving, and our findings may have profound implications for the use of mAbs in the immunotherapy of cancer...
- Antitumor activity of rituximab plus thalidomide in patients with relapsed/refractory mantle cell lymphomaHannes Kaufmann
University Hospital Vienna, Department of Medicine I, Clinical Division of Oncology, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Blood 104:2269-71. 2004..cells (by rituximab) and the microenvironment (by thalidomide) in 16 patients with relapsed/refractory mantle cell lymphoma (MCL)...
- A novel quantitative PCR of proliferation markers (Ki-67, topoisomerase IIalpha, and TPX2): an immunohistochemical correlation, testing, and optimizing for mantle cell lymphomaHelena Brizova
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, 2nd Medical School, Charles University in Prague and Faculty Hospital in Motol, V Uvalu 84, 150 06, Prague 5, Czech Republic
Virchows Arch 456:671-9. 2010A clinical course of patients with mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is aggressive, and the disease is rarely curable. Proliferation rate is the most important prognostic factor...
- Protein profiling of plasma membranes defines aberrant signaling pathways in mantle cell lymphomaRobert S Boyd
Medical Research Council, University of Leicester, Leicester, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Proteomics 8:1501-15. 2009..shotgun proteomics to identify plasma membrane and lipid raft proteins purified from B cells obtained from mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) patients in leukemic phase...
- Incidence trends of mantle cell lymphoma in the United States between 1992 and 2004Yuhong Zhou
Department of Lymphoma and Myeloma, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 113:791-8. 2008b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is a distinct subtype of B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. To the authors' knowledge, little is known regarding its incidence patterns and associated factors...
- The BH3-mimetic GX15-070 synergizes with bortezomib in mantle cell lymphoma by enhancing Noxa-mediated activation of BakPatricia Perez-Galan
Hematopathology Unit, Department of Pathology, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona, Spain
Blood 109:4441-9. 2007b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is an aggressive B-cell lymphoma resistant to conventional chemotherapy. The Bcl-2 pathway is deregulated in these tumors and may represent an interesting target for new therapeutic strategies...
- Soluble CD40 ligand induces selective proliferation of lymphoma cells in primary mantle cell lymphoma cell culturesN S Andersen
Leukemia and Lymphoma Marker Laboratory, Department of Hematology, and the Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Blood 96:2219-25. 2000..However, the role of CD40L in the pathogenesis of malignant lymphomas is ambiguous. Primary mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) cells were cultured in the presence of recombinant human CD40L trimer (huCD40LT), and a significant ..
- Expression of sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor 1 in mantle cell lymphomaHirotake Nishimura
Department of Pathology, Kawasaki Medical School, Kurashiki, Japan
Mod Pathol 23:439-49. 2010..malignancy cases demonstrated that sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor 1 was expressed on the surface of mantle cell lymphoma cells...
- Silencing Bcl-2 in models of mantle cell lymphoma is associated with decreases in cyclin D1, nuclear factor-kappaB, p53, bax, and p27 levelsCatherine A Tucker
Department of Advanced Therapeutics, BC Cancer Research Center, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V5Z 1L3
Mol Cancer Ther 7:749-58. 2008..In this study, we investigated the cell signaling pathways activated in bcl-2-overexpressing human mantle cell lymphoma cell lines (JVM-2 and Z-138) that have been treated with oblimersen, a molecular gene silencing strategy ..
- Mantle cell lymphoma: transcriptional regulation by microRNAsL Di Lisio
Molecular Pathology Programme, Spanish National Cancer Research Centre CNIO, Madrid, Spain
Leukemia 24:1335-42. 2010b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) pathogenesis is still partially unexplained...
- Investigatory and analytical approaches to differential gene expression profiling in mantle cell lymphomaYing Zhu
Departments of Pathology and Medical Genetics, Haartman Institute and Helsinki University Central Hospital, Laboratory of Computer and Information Science, Helsinki University of Technology, Helsinki, Finland
Br J Haematol 119:905-15. 2002b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is a non-Hodgkin's lymphoma of B-cell lineage. The blastoid variant of MCL, characterized by high mitotic rate, is clinically more aggressive than common MCL...
- Degrasyn potentiates the antitumor effects of bortezomib in mantle cell lymphoma cells in vitro and in vivo: therapeutic implicationsLan V Pham
Department of Hematopathology, Unit 54, The University of Texas of M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 9:2026-36. 2010b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is an aggressive histotype of B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma that has increased in incidence over the past few decades and is incurable, usually poorly responsive to standard chemotherapy combinations, and ..
- SOX11 expression is highly specific for mantle cell lymphoma and identifies the cyclin D1-negative subtypeAna Mozos
Hematopathology Section, Department of Pathology and Hematology, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Spain
Haematologica 94:1555-62. 2009Cyclin D1-negative mantle cell lymphoma is difficult to distinguish from other small B-cell lymphomas. The clinical and pathological characteristics of patients with this form of lymphoma have not been well defined...
- GI manifestations of mantle cell lymphomaChor Sang Chim
University Department of Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Gastrointest Endosc 58:931-3. 2003
- Preclinical activity of 8-chloroadenosine with mantle cell lymphoma: roles of energy depletion and inhibition of DNA and RNA synthesisJennifer B Dennison
Department of Experimental Therapeutics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Br J Haematol 147:297-307. 2009..In the current study, the efficacy of 8-Cl-Ado was evaluated using mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) cell lines: Granta 519, JeKo, Mino, and SP-53...
- Vaccine-induced tumor-specific immunity despite severe B-cell depletion in mantle cell lymphomaSattva S Neelapu
Experimental and Transplantation Immunology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Med 11:986-91. 2005..with severe B-cell depletion but normal T cells after CD20-specific antibody-based chemotherapy of mantle cell lymphoma in first remission...
- Evidence for distinct pathomechanisms in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia and mantle cell lymphoma by quantitative expression analysis of cell cycle and apoptosis-associated genesChristian Korz
Abteilung Molekulare Genetik and Zentrale Einheit Biostatistik, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Heidelberg, Germany
Blood 99:4554-61. 2002The B-cell lymphoproliferative malignancies B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (B-CLL) and mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) share characteristics, including overlapping chromosomal aberrations with deletions on chromosome bands 13q14, 11q23, ..
- Intraperitoneal application of rituximab in refractory mantle cell lymphoma with massive ascites resulting in local and systemic responseMartina Crysandt
Medizinische Klinik IV, Universitaetsklinikum Aachen, RWTH Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Eur J Haematol 79:546-9. 2007..In mantle cell lymphoma (MCL), follicular lymphoma and diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, rituximab has been used as monotherapy and in ..
- MDM2 antagonist Nutlin-3 enhances bortezomib-mediated mitochondrial apoptosis in TP53-mutated mantle cell lymphomaLinhua Jin
Department of Clinical Pathology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Lett 299:161-70. 2010..synergistic growth-inhibitory effect of an MDM2 inhibitor Nutlin-3 and a proteasome inhibitor bortezomib in mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) cells regardless of TP53 mutant status and innate bortezomib sensitivity...
- Immunotoxin BL22 induces apoptosis in mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) cells dependent on Bcl-2 expressionChristian Bogner
IIIrd Department of Medicine, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Br J Haematol 148:99-109. 2010b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is an incurable mature B cell proliferation, combining the unfavourable clinical features of aggressive and indolent lymphomas...
- Induction of apoptosis and down regulation of cell cycle proteins in mantle cell lymphoma by flavopiridol treatmentGirish Venkataraman
Department of Pathology, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Leuk Res 30:1377-84. 2006Typical mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is a distinct B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma associated with over-expression of cyclin D1 related to translocation between the IgH and BCL-1 genes...
- Responses in mantle cell lymphoma cells to SNS-032 depend on the biological context of each cell lineRong Chen
Department of Experimental Therapeutics, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center and Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Texas Houston Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 70:6587-97. 2010..The present study focuses on evaluating this compound in four proliferating mantle cell lymphoma lines (Jeko-1, Granta 519, Mino, and SP-53)...
- A severe combined immunodeficient-hu in vivo mouse model of human primary mantle cell lymphomaMichael Wang
Department of Lymphoma and Myeloma, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:2154-60. 2008To establish a severe combined immunodeficient (SCID)-hu in vivo mouse model of human primary mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) for the study of the biology and novel therapy of human MCL.
- Current treatment standards and future strategies in mantle cell lymphomaM Dreyling
Department of Internal Medicine III, University Hospital Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Ann Oncol 19:iv41-4. 2008
- Expanding therapeutic options in mantle cell lymphomaAndre Goy
Lymphoma Division, Hackensack University Medical Center, NJ 07601, USA
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma 7:S184-91. 2007b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) still carries a poor prognosis...
- Value of interphase FISH for the diagnosis of t(11:14)(q13;q32) on skin lesions of mantle cell lymphomaPierre Dubus
Histology and Molecular Pathology Laboratory, University of Bordeaux 2, France
Am J Clin Pathol 118:832-41. 2002The diagnosis of skin lesions of mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) may be difficult at the onset of the disease...
- Gene expression profiling of mantle cell lymphoma cells reveals aberrant expression of genes from the PI3K-AKT, WNT and TGFbeta signalling pathwaysEdgar Gil Rizzatti
Department of Clinical Medicine, Ribeirao Preto Medical School, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Br J Haematol 130:516-26. 2005Microarray studies have revealed the differential expression of several genes in mantle cell lymphoma (MCL), but it is unknown which of these differences are dependent on the transformed MCL cell itself or on the tumour microenvironment...
- Spontaneous rupture of the spleen as the presenting feature of the blastoid variant of mantle cell lymphomaK D Mason
Department of Diagnostic Haematology, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria, Australia
Clin Lab Haematol 25:263-5. 2003..Although rare cases of splenic rupture have been reported in mantle cell lymphoma there has not been a report of the blastoid variant presenting in this manner...
- Expression of Mcl-1 in mantle cell lymphoma is associated with high-grade morphology, a high proliferative state, and p53 overexpressionJoseph D Khoury
Department of Hematopathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
J Pathol 199:90-7. 2003b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is a distinct type of B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma characterized by the t(11;14)(q13;q32) and cyclin D1 overexpression. Defects in apoptosis may contribute to pathogenesis...
- Nuclear expression of the non B-cell lineage Sox11 transcription factor identifies mantle cell lymphomaSara Ek
Department of Immunotechnology, CREATE Health, Biomedical Center, Lund University, and Department of Pathology, Lund University Hospital, Sweden
Blood 111:800-5. 2008b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is defined pathologically by the detection of CD20, CD5, and most importantly cyclin D1 (CCND1)...
- Bortezomib is synergistic with rituximab and cyclophosphamide in inducing apoptosis of mantle cell lymphoma cells in vitro and in vivoM Wang
Division of Cancer Medicine, Department of Lymphoma and Myeloma, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Leukemia 22:179-85. 2008b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is an aggressive B-cell lymphoma with poor clinical outcome. Although front therapy induces a high rate of complete remission (CR), relapse is inevitable and new regimens are much needed for relapsed MCL...
- Mantle cell lymphoma in Taiwan: clinicopathological and molecular study of 21 cases including one cyclin D1-negative tumor expressing cyclin D2Shih Sung Chuang
Department of Pathology, Chi Mei Medical Center, Tainan, Taiwan
Pathol Int 56:440-8. 2006b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is a rare B-cell lymphoma that has never been characterized in Taiwan...
- Primary gastric mantle cell lymphoma in a patient with long standing history of Crohn's diseaseMarkus Raderer
Departments of Internal Medicine 1, Internal Medicine IV, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Leuk Lymphoma 45:1459-62. 2004..While secondary gastric involvement from nodal mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) or in the course of primary intestinal MCL (lymphomatous polyposis) have been described, primary ..
- Induction of apoptosis in Jeko-1 mantle cell lymphoma cell line by resveratrol: a proteomic analysisDaniela Cecconi
Dipartimento Scientifico e Tecnologico, Laboratorio di Proteomica, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
J Proteome Res 7:2670-80. 2008Therapies for mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) are clinically unsatisfactory, and the search for effective drugs in vitro might foster the evaluation of their activity in vivo...
- Autoimmunity and lymphoma: is mantle cell lymphoma a mistake of the receptor editing mechanism?Ricardo Garcia-Munoz
Department of Hematology Cell Therapy Area, Clinica Universitaria University of Navarra, Pamplona, Navarra, Spain
Leuk Res 33:1437-9. 2009b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is an aggressive B cell malignancy, which is believed to originate from naïve B cells in the mantle zone of lymph nodes...
- Synchronous primary gastric mantle cell lymphoma and early gastric carcinoma: a case reportYosep Chong
Department of Pathology, Yonsei University Wonju College of Medicine, 162 Ilsan dong, Wonju, Gangwon Do, South Korea
Pathol Res Pract 204:407-11. 2008b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) commonly invades the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. However, primary GI MCL is rare...
- Autoimmune haemolytic anaemia associated with mantle cell lymphomaHeather E Eve
Department of Haematology, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth PL6 8DH, UK
Int J Hematol 91:322-5. 2010..has been reported in association with all B and T cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma subtypes with the exception of mantle cell lymphoma (MCL)...
- Combination bortezomib and rituximab treatment affects multiple survival and death pathways to promote apoptosis in mantle cell lymphomaLapo Alinari
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
MAbs 1:31-40. 2009b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is a distinct histologic subtype of B cell non-Hodgkins lymphoma (NHL) associated with an aggressive clinical course...
- BCL6, MUM1, and CD10 expression in mantle cell lymphomaGabriela Gualco
Consultoria em Patologia, Botucatu, SP, Brazil
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 18:103-8. 2010b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) characteristically express CD20, CD5, and cyclin-D1, carries the translocation t(11;14) (q13;q32) and typically has no expression of germinal center cell markers...
- Value of CD23 determination by flow cytometry in differentiating mantle cell lymphoma from chronic lymphocytic leukemia/small lymphocytic lymphomaJ Z Gong
Department of Pathology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 116:893-7. 2001b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) and chronic lymphocytic leukemia/small lymphocytic lymphoma (CLL/SLL) share many morphologic and immunophenotypic features...
- Multiple recurrent chromosomal breakpoints in mantle cell lymphoma revealed by a combination of molecular cytogenetic techniquesItziar Salaverria
Department of Pathology, Hematopathology Unit, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 47:1086-97. 2008b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is genetically characterized by 11q13 translocations leading to the overexpression of CCND1, and additional secondary genomic alterations that may be important in the progression of this disease...
- Two-dimensional molecular profiling of mantle cell lymphomaFrancesca Antonucci
Department of Agricultural and Industrial Biotechnologies, University of Verona, Italy
Electrophoresis 24:2376-85. 2003..standard two-dimensional (2-D) maps for control, reactive lymph node and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (mantle cell lymphoma, MCL). Medium sensitivity, mass spectrometry compatible colloidal Coomassie has revealed a total of ca...
- Strong lymphoid nuclear expression of SOX11 transcription factor defines lymphoblastic neoplasms, mantle cell lymphoma and Burkitt's lymphomaMichael Dictor
Department of Pathology, Lund University Hospital, Sweden
Haematologica 94:1563-8. 2009We surveyed lymphomas to determine the range of expression of the mantle cell lymphoma-associated SOX11 transcription factor and its relation to cyclin D1.
- Differential diagnosis of cyclin D2+ mantle cell lymphoma based on fluorescence in situ hybridization and quantitative real-time-PCRLeticia Quintanilla-Martinez
Institute of Pathology, Eberhard Karls University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Haematologica 94:1595-8. 2009b>Mantle cell lymphoma is characterized by the t(11;14) chromosomal translocation, resulting in the overexpression of cyclin D1 (CycD1)...
- GSK-3beta inhibition: at the crossroad between Akt and mTOR constitutive activation to enhance cyclin D1 protein stability in mantle cell lymphomaJessica Dal Col
Cancer Bio Immunotherapy Unit, Department of Medical Oncology, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, IRCCS National Cancer Institute, Aviano, PN, Italy
Cell Cycle 7:2813-6. 2008..This is particularly true for mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) in which cyclin D1 is overexpressed as a consequence of the t(11;14)(q13;q32) translocation...
- Ki-67 predicts outcome in advanced-stage mantle cell lymphoma patients treated with anti-CD20 immunochemotherapy: results from randomized trials of the European MCL Network and the German Low Grade Lymphoma Study GroupOlaf Determann
Department of Pathology, Hematopathology Section and Lymph Node Registry, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Blood 111:2385-7. 2008Clinical outcome of mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is highly heterogeneous...
- Curcumin (diferuloylmethane) inhibits constitutive NF-kappaB activation, induces G1/S arrest, suppresses proliferation, and induces apoptosis in mantle cell lymphomaShishir Shishodia
Cytokine Research Section, Department of Experimental Therapeutics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 70:700-13. 2005Human mantle cell lymphoma (MCL), an aggressive B cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, is characterized by the overexpression of cyclin D1 which plays an essential role in the survival and proliferation of MCL...
- Temsirolimus downregulates p21 without altering cyclin D1 expression and induces autophagy and synergizes with vorinostat in mantle cell lymphomaVictor Y Yazbeck
Department of Lymphoma Myeloma, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Tex 77030, USA
Exp Hematol 36:443-50. 2008To investigate the mechanisms of antiproliferative effect induced by the mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) inhibitor temsirolimus in mantle cell lymphoma (MCL).
- In vitro and In vivo selective antitumor activity of Edelfosine against mantle cell lymphoma and chronic lymphocytic leukemia involving lipid raftsFaustino Mollinedo
Instituto de Biologia Molecular, Centro de Investigacion del Cancer, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas Universidad de Salamanca, Spain
Clin Cancer Res 16:2046-54. 2010b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) and chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) remain B-cell malignancies with limited therapeutic options...
- Transvection mediated by the translocated cyclin D1 locus in mantle cell lymphomaHui Liu
Center for Hematologic Malignancies, Oregon Cancer Institute, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Exp Med 205:1843-58. 2008In mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) and some cases of multiple myeloma (MM), cyclin D1 expression is deregulated by chromosome translocations involving the immunoglobulin heavy chain (IgH) locus...
- How I treat mantle cell lymphomaMichele Ghielmini
Oncology Institute of Southern Switzerland, Bellinzona, Switzerland
Blood 114:1469-76. 2009b>Mantle cell lymphoma is included in the World Health Organization classification as distinct lymphoma subtype characterized by the t(11;14)(q13;q32) translocation, which results in overexpression of Cyclin D1...
- Mantle cell lymphoma in the orbital and adnexal regionP Rasmussen
Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, Section of Eye Pathology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Br J Ophthalmol 93:1047-51. 2009To characterise clinicopathological features of mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) in the orbital and adnexal region.
- Characterization of 4 mantle cell lymphoma cell linesHesham M Amin
Department of Hematopathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 127:424-31. 2003b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is a distinct type of B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma characterized by t(11;14)(q13;q32) and cyclin D1 overexpression...
- Synergistic interaction of the histone deacetylase inhibitor SAHA with the proteasome inhibitor bortezomib in mantle cell lymphomaUlrike Heider
Department of Haematology and Oncology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
Eur J Haematol 80:133-42. 2008b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is an incurable B cell lymphoma, and novel treatment strategies are urgently needed...
- Fibromodulin, an extracellular matrix protein: characterization of its unique gene and protein expression in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia and mantle cell lymphomaEva Mikaelsson
Immune and Gene Therapy Laboratory, CCK, Department of Oncology, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Blood 105:4828-35. 2005..chain reaction [RT-PCR]) in all patients with B-CLL (n = 75) and in most (5 of 7) patients with mantle cell lymphoma (MCL). No mutations in the fibromodulin gene were detected...
- Mantle cell lymphoma is characterized by inactivation of the ATM geneC Schaffner
Abteilung Organisation komplexer Genome, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:2773-8. 2000In mantle cell lymphoma (MCL), the translocation t(11;14) is considered the cytogenetic hallmark of the disease...
- Long-term results of the treatment of patients with mantle cell lymphoma with cladribine (2-CDA) alone (95-80-53) or 2-CDA and rituximab (N0189) in the North Central Cancer Treatment GroupDavid J Inwards
Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Cancer 113:108-16. 2008The objective of this study was to test cladribine (2-CDA) alone and in combination with rituximab in patients with mantle cell lymphoma (MCL).
- Expression of STAT3 and its phosphorylated forms in mantle cell lymphoma cell lines and tumoursRaymond Lai
Department of Hematopathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Pathol 199:84-9. 2003The pathogenesis of mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is incompletely understood, although cyclin D1 overexpression leading to deregulated cell proliferation is probably important...
- Atiprimod inhibits the growth of mantle cell lymphoma in vitro and in vivo and induces apoptosis via activating the mitochondrial pathwaysMichael Wang
Department of Lymphoma and Myeloma, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Blood 109:5455-62. 2007..This study was undertaken to evaluate the therapeutic efficacy of atiprimod on mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) and elucidate the mechanism by which it induces cell apoptosis...
- Genomic and expression profiling identifies the B-cell associated tyrosine kinase Syk as a possible therapeutic target in mantle cell lymphomaAndrea Rinaldi
Laboratory of Experimental Oncology, Oncology Institute of Southern Switzerland, Bellinzona, Switzerland
Br J Haematol 132:303-16. 2006Among B-cell lymphomas mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) has the worst prognosis...
- Mantle cell lymphoma: state-of-the-art management and future perspectiveOliver Weigert
Department of Internal Medicine III, University Hospital Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Leuk Lymphoma 50:1937-50. 2009b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is a unique subtype of B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphomas (NHL) characterized in almost all cases by the chromosomal translocation t(11;14)(q13;q32) and nuclear cyclin D1 overexpression...
- Truncation in CCND1 mRNA alters miR-16-1 regulation in mantle cell lymphomaRobert W Chen
Division of Medical Oncology, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Blood 112:822-9. 2008..The most well-known mechanism of overexpression is the t(11;14)(q13;q32) translocation found in mantle cell lymphoma (MCL). It has previously been shown that truncated CCND1 mRNA in MCL correlates with poor prognosis...
- Altered apoptosis pathways in mantle cell lymphoma detected by oligonucleotide microarrayW K Hofmann
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, UCLA School of Medicine, 8700 Beverly Road, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Blood 98:787-94. 2001..Therefore, the gene expression pattern in lymph node preparations from patients with mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) was compared to the pattern in nonmalignant hyperplastic lymph nodes (HLs)...
- Potentiation of cannabinoid-induced cytotoxicity in mantle cell lymphoma through modulation of ceramide metabolismKristin Gustafsson
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Pathology, Karolinska Institutet and Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Mol Cancer Res 7:1086-98. 2009Ceramide levels are elevated in mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) cells following treatment with cannabinoids...
- Mantle cell lymphoma in the ocular adnexal regionAudrey Looi
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Vancouver General Hospital and University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Ophthalmology 112:114-9. 2005To study the clinicopathologic features of mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) in the ocular adnexal region.
- Minimal residual disease detection in mantle cell lymphoma: methods and significance of four-color flow cytometry compared to consensus IGH-polymerase chain reaction at initial staging and for follow-up examinationsSebastian Böttcher
Second Department of Medicine, Chemnitzstrasse 33, D 24116 Kiel, Germany
Haematologica 93:551-9. 2008The increasing application of multi-color flow cytometry assays for staging and follow-up in mantle cell lymphoma necessitates that the specificity and sensitivity of this technique are evaluated...
- Pathologic splenic rupture as the presentation of mantle cell lymphomaA H Strickland
Clinical Haematology and Medical Oncology Unit; Royal Hobart Hospital, Hobart, Australia
Leuk Lymphoma 41:197-201. 2001..We report such a case in an 80-year-old man with mantle cell lymphoma (MCL)...
- Romidepsin and belinostat synergize the antineoplastic effect of bortezomib in mantle cell lymphomaLuca Paoluzzi
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:554-65. 2010..They are also known to be prodifferentiating. Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is an aggressive subtype of non-Hodgkin lymphoma characterized by the t(11;14)(q13;q32) translocation ..
- Bortezomib in mantle cell lymphomaK Stephen Suh
Jurist Research Center, 30 Prospect Avenue, Hackensack NJ 07601, USA
Future Oncol 4:149-68. 2008b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) represents 6% of non-Hodgkin lymphomas, but is one of the most active fields of clinical investigation. Unfortunately, there is still no standard or curative therapy in MCL...
- A chromosomal translocation in cyclin D1-negative/cyclin D2-positive mantle cell lymphoma fuses the CCND2 gene to the IGK locusStefan Gesk
Blood 108:1109-10. 2006
- Exploring mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) inhibition for treatment of mantle cell lymphoma and other hematologic malignanciesBertrand Coiffier
Hematology Department, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Pierre Benite, France
Leuk Lymphoma 50:1916-30. 2009..b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) was the first hematologic malignancy in which mTOR inhibition was explored as a treatment strategy, ..
- The proteasome inhibitor bortezomib induces apoptosis in mantle-cell lymphoma through generation of ROS and Noxa activation independent of p53 statusPatricia Perez-Galan
Hematopathology Unit, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona, Spain
Blood 107:257-64. 2006..These findings should be useful to extend the therapeutic strategies in MCL patients and to improve their prognosis...
- CD5-positive mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT) lymphoma of ocular adnexal origin: usefulness of fluorescence in situ hybridization for distinction between mantle cell lymphoma and MALT lymphomaKazuhiro Tasaki
Department of Pathology, Fukushima Medical University, School of Medicine, Fukushima, Japan
Pathol Int 57:101-7. 2007..The differential diagnosis between CD5-positive MALT lymphoma and mantle cell lymphoma (MCL), notably cyclin D1-negative MCL, was difficult because both cases consisted histologically of small ..
- Long-term progression-free survival of mantle cell lymphoma after intensive front-line immunochemotherapy with in vivo-purged stem cell rescue: a nonrandomized phase 2 multicenter study by the Nordic Lymphoma GroupChristian H Geisler
Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Blood 112:2687-93. 2008b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is considered incurable. Intensive immunochemotherapy with stem cell support has not been tested in large, prospective series...
- Ki67 and PIM1 expression predict outcome in mantle cell lymphoma treated with high dose therapy, stem cell transplantation and rituximab: a Cancer and Leukemia Group B 59909 correlative science studyEric D Hsi
Department of Clinical Pathology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 49:2081-90. 2008The proliferation index in mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) has not been validated in the context of aggressive therapy regimens in the rituximab era...
- Low-dose, single-agent temsirolimus for relapsed mantle cell lymphoma: a phase 2 trial in the North Central Cancer Treatment GroupStephen M Ansell
Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Cancer 113:508-14. 2008The objective of this study was to test a low dose of (25 mg weekly) of the mammalian target of rapamycin kinase inhibitor temsirolimus for patients with relapsed mantle cell lymphoma (MCL).
- Antibody-mediated Gene Therapy for the Treatment of CancerTRACY RUTH DANIELS-WELLS; Fiscal Year: 2013..gene therapy approaches for the systemic treatment of aggressive B-cell lymphomas with an emphasis on mantle cell lymphoma (MCL)...
- Heat shock protein 90 antagonist-based therapy of mantle cell lymphomaKapil Bhalla; Fiscal Year: 2012..provided by applicant): New treatment strategies are needed to improve the disease free survival in human mantle cell lymphoma (MCL)...
- Mechanistic validation of SCF E3 ligase as a cancer and radiosensitizing targetYi Sun; Fiscal Year: 2013..general proteasome inhibitor, approved by FDA for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma and mantle cell lymphoma. To this end, we have focused on SCF (Skp1-Cullin-F-box proteins) E3 ubiquitin ligases, also known as CRLs (..
- Murine Models for Mantle Cell Lymphoma: The role of tumor initiating cells (TIC)Richard J Ford; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is the most therapy-resistant;B cell, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL-B) that currently lacks adequate therapy, and is increasing in incidence in the USA...
- Molecular mechanisms of B cell malignant transformationPing Xie; Fiscal Year: 2013..of human B lymphoma, including splenic marginal zone lymphoma, B cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia and mantle cell lymphoma, as well as multiple myeloma (MM)...
- New Strategies to Decipher the Pathophysiology of Chronic Fatigue SyndromeVincent C Lombardi; Fiscal Year: 2013..cohorts of CFS patients that correlate with distinct disease phenotypes, including the development of mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) in a subgroup of the American cohort...
- HTS for Rpn11 chemical probesRaymond J Deshaies; Fiscal Year: 2012..inner chamber of the proteasome can stem the progression of human cancers including multiple myeloma and mantle cell lymphoma. In prior work, we discovered that the Rpn11 subunit of the proteasome contains a novel zinc ..
- Strategies to improve the adoptive transfer of T cellsStanley R Riddell; Fiscal Year: 2013..to express a chimeric antigen receptor specific for ROR1, a surface molecule expressed on human B-CLL and mantle cell lymphoma, and conserved in M. mullata...
- Defining molecular biomarkers for CDK4/6-based cancer therapy by RNA sequencingCHRISTOPHER EDWARD MASON; Fiscal Year: 2013..provided by applicant): Dysregulation of the cell cycle is a hallmark of human cancer, in particular mantle cell lymphoma (MCL), wherein cyclin D1 is aberrantly expressed due to chromosomal t(11;14) translocation...
- Targeting B-cell lymphoma with LeukotheraBenjamin A Belinka; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>mantle cell lymphoma (MCL), follicular lymphoma (FL), diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL), and Burkitt lymphoma)...
- Altered cellular bioenergetics influences NKT cell mediated responses to LymphomaTonya J Webb; Fiscal Year: 2012..In this proposal we are focusing on a specific type of NHL, Mantle Cell Lymphoma (MCL), for which there is currently no curative treatment option available...
- Targeting Negative Regulatory Pathways for Immunotherapy of B-Cell LymphomasEduardo M Sotomayor; Fiscal Year: 2013..pathways in the malignant B-cells and/or APCs would trigger an effective and long-lasting immunity against Mantle Cell Lymphoma(MCL), and aggressive and incurable subtype of Non-Hodgkin's lymphomas...
- Epigenomic determinants of clinical outcomes in MCL patients treated on E1405Samir Parekh; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is an aggressive form of Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma whose pathogenesis is not clearly understood...
- Tageting BAFF and BAFF-Induced Non-Canonical NF-kB Pathways for Enhancing Mantle Jianguo Tao; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is now recognized as a distinct clinicopathologic subtype of B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) and still remains incurable with no standard of care for this disease ..
- Effects of human SWI/SNF-associated PRMT5 on lymphomagenesisSAID SIF; Fiscal Year: 2011..known about the role played by these chromatin-modifying enzymes in human lymphoid malignancies including mantle cell lymphoma (MCL), which remains a fatal disease...
- Natural Killer Cell Regulation by PRDM1 and IRF4/8KENNETH LYNN WRIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2013..Rutuximab (anti-CD20) therapy induces NK cell mediated ADCC against some lymphomas including Mantle Cell Lymphoma (MCL). However, in MCL current therapies are not successful and the disease remains incurable...
- Antigen Discovery and Development of Tumor-Specific Lymphoma ImmunotherapySattva S Neelapu; Fiscal Year: 2010..termed idiotype, can induce tumor-specific immunity in greater than 80% of patients with follicular and mantle cell lymphoma. Furthermore, vaccination was associated with significantly prolonged disease-free survival, suggesting ..
- Nuclear Accumulation of Cyclin D1 and OncogenesisJOHN ALAN DIEHL; Fiscal Year: 2013..Of the various cancers in which deregulated cyclin D1 activity is implicated, mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is one of the most devastating...
- Adoptive cell therapy for lymphoma: A study on the role of CD4 memory T cells inMATTHEW JORDAN GOLDSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2011..We are developing this therapy for evaluation in a clinical trial to treat mantle cell lymphoma. A better understanding of donor vaccination and continued validation of in vitro immune assays will impact ..
- Rare Protein Detection on Cell Surfaces: Ultrasensitive Detection of B-Cell ChronWilliam Soo Hoo; Fiscal Year: 2013..FC methods do not adequately differentiate between B-CLL and other clonal B-cell malignancies such as mantle cell lymphoma and splenic marginal zone lymphoma...
- Lymphoma Therapy with Reprogrammed Measles VirusesRoberto B Cattaneo; Fiscal Year: 2013..in infecting cells of lymphoma patients, and in reducing xenografts of different lymphoma types, including mantle cell lymphoma. We will test the oncolytic efficacy of sequential application of viruses with alternative envelopes in ..
- Alternative Cleavage and Polyadenylation Events as BiomarkersEric J Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): A hallmark event in the formation of Mantle Cell Lymphoma (MCL) is the translocation of the cyclin D1 gene downstream of the Ig Enhancer resulting in an upregulation of transcription...
- Immunotransplant to Treat Lymphoma: Pre-Clinical Model to Clinical Trial DesignJoshua D Brody; Fiscal Year: 2010..A clinical trial of immunotransplant will bring this more powerful approach to patients with incurable lymphomas. ..
- Characterizing Clonogenic Populations in Mantle Cell LymphomaNami McCarty; Fiscal Year: 2011..In this proposal, we hypothesize that drug-resistant tumor-initiating cells exist in human mantle cell lymphoma (MCLs), and that they have the capacity to initiate the formation and progression of MCLs...
- SPORE in LymphomaSteven H Bernstein; Fiscal Year: 2012..of three of the most common non-Hodgkin's lymphomas, namely diffuse large B-cell, follicular and mantle cell lymphoma. We will initially seek to elucidate mechanisms of action and/or resistance both in vitro, and in carefully ..
- Immunotransplant to Mantle Cell Lymphoma: Immune Response and Clinical OutcomesJoshua D Brody; Fiscal Year: 2013b>Mantle cell lymphoma has a poor long-term prognoses. High dose chemotherapy with stem cell transplant prolongs survival, but chemotherapy-resistant lymphoma cells persist, and ultimately cause patients to relapse and succumb to disease...
- Immunotherapy of CLL with lentiviral expressed CD40-ligandBoro Dropulic; Fiscal Year: 2006..Phase III, this therapy will be commercialized for CLL and possibly other hematological malignancies like mantle cell lymphoma and acute myeloid leukemia...
- Nanobiotechnology for the Treatment of Mantle Cell LymphomaTrudy Forte; Fiscal Year: 2009b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is a B-cell malignancy that is characterized by dysregulation of various oncogenes...
- Topoisomerase II Site-Directed Alkylation of DNALaurence Hurley; Fiscal Year: 2006..insights into the molecular pharmacology and molecular biology of drug refractory leukemia and low-grade, mantle cell lymphoma, we have devised strategies to selectively target these cancers. The specific aims of this proposal are: 1...
- Anti-CD20 CTL for Therapy of Mantle Cell LymphomaOliver Press; Fiscal Year: 2007..b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is a discrete entity that has the worst survival of any type of NHL (median 2-3 years)...
- Molecular Mechanisms of LymphomagenesisKevin Mills; Fiscal Year: 2009..Cytogenetic abnormalities affecting chromosomes 4q21 or 11q23 are common in lymphoid malignancies, such as mantle cell lymphoma and preB-ALL, the latter being the most common pediatric malignancy, at nearly 25% of all childhood cancer ..
- A Phase I Study of Single Agent Flavopiridol in B-Cell *Thomas Lin; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) and indolent B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphomas (B-NHL) such as follicle center lymphoma are not curable with current therapies, and many patients with ..
- PI3K Pathway Inhibitors for Mantle Cell LymphomaThomas Witzig; Fiscal Year: 2006..b>Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is an important type of NHL because it has a very poor prognosis with an overall survival of only 3-4 ..
- MOLECULAR PROBES FOR BURKITT'S AND MANTLE CELL LYMPHOMANallasivam Palanisamy; Fiscal Year: 2001..FISH assays to detect the t(11;14)(q13;q32) and t(8;14)(q24;q32) chromosomal translocations encountered in Mantle Cell Lymphoma and Burkitt's Lymphoma, respectively, for use in cancer cytogenetic reference laboratories.
- INTERPLAY OF E PROTEINS AND CYCLIN D1 DEPENDENT KINASESDONALD KOHTZ; Fiscal Year: 2001..The spliceform products of the E2A also play a critical role in normal Bell development. Mantle cell lymphoma is associated with a chromosomal translocation that activates expression of the cyclin D1 gene...
- Development of a Small Molecule-Targeted Therapy for Mantle Cell LymphomaManoj Maniar; Fiscal Year: 2008unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is an aggressive subtype of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) that accounts for 5- 8% of all lymphoma cases...
- Novel Monoclonal Antibody Therapies for LymphomaJohn Leonard; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is also expected that this work will significantly contribute to the care of patients with these and other B-cell malignancies. ..
- Monoclonal Antibody Therapy for Follicular LymphomaJonathan Friedberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- The Proteasome as Molecular Target of Grape PolyphenolsQING PING DOU; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- BLys inhibition using TACI-Fc in patients with B-bell non-Hodgkins' LymphomaStephen Ansell; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Roles of polymorphic COMT, tea polyphenols and proteasome in cancer preventionQING PING DOU; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- TEA TARGETING PROTEASOME--A ROLE IN CANCER PREVENTIONQING DOU; Fiscal Year: 2002..A Future Aim is to determine whether in vivo proteasome-inhibitory ability of tea polyphenols is related to their antitumor activity using nude mice bearing human prostate tumors. ..
- Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development AwDavid Rizzieri; Fiscal Year: 2004..These results will lead to future improvements in maximizing the anti-tumor effects of allogeneic therapy, hastening immunologic recovery, and minimizing the toxicity of this procedure. ..
- Quantitative RT-PCR: Prediction Lymphoma TransformationKojo Elenitoba Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- OPTIMIZING RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY FOR NON HODGKIN'S LYMPHOMAAjay Gopal; Fiscal Year: 2005..We anticipate that these interventions will ultimately enhance the prognosis for patients with relapsed lymphoma by increasing the response and survival rates, while simultaneously minimizing toxicities. ..
- Defibrotide for the treatment of severe hepatic veno-cc*Paul Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Abstract Not Provided ..
- PRE-CLINICAL COMBINATION CHEMO- AND RADIOANTIBODY THERAPRhona Stein; Fiscal Year: 2005..2) Therapy-induced changes in marker expression post therapy can be identified clinically in small samples of circulating tumor cells. ..
- Nonmyeloablative Allografting for Hematologic NeoplasiaMichael Maris; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Measurement & modulation of the mutation rate in humansDavid Araten; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will begin to elucidate the relationship between f and cancer risk and provide a highly relevant in vitro parameter with which to evaluate chemoprevention. ..
- DIFFUSION MRI AS BIOMARKER FOR THERAPY RESPONSE IN BREAST CANCER METASTASESAlison T Stopeck; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Prognostic Models in Diffuse Large B-Cell LymphomaIzidore S Lossos; Fiscal Year: 2010..Further, establishment of a paraffin-based RNA prognostic model using the new methodology of RNA extraction could serve as a paradigm for other lymphomas and tumors. ..
- Mechanism of mitotic exit in budding yeastRaymond Deshaies; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our work may also provide a useful paradigm for understanding how other pathways that employ reversible nucleolar sequestra - such as the ARF-Mdm2- p53 circuit - are regulated. ..
- A Genome-Wide Association Study of Non-Hodgkin LymphomaChristine F Skibola; Fiscal Year: 2010..The data generated from this study will provide a framework for further investigation within the NHL consortium, InterLymph. Results will later be combined with that from other InterLymph case-control studies in pooled analyses. ..
- Statistical and Computational Methods for Systematically Mining the SNP and Gene Zhenqiu Liu; Fiscal Year: 2008..We hope our researches have the impact of encouraging more people to contribute to this challenging problem. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- High-Throughput Campaign to Identify Reversible Small Molecule Inhibitor of p97/CRaymond Deshaies; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of the P13K/AKT pathway in Waldenstrom MacroglobulinemiaIrene Ghobrial; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Doxorubicin-Immunoconjugate Therapy of Non-Hodgkin's LymphomaRhona Stein; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Dual Proteasome and MAPK Inhibition in Cancer TherapyRobert Orlowski; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Clinical Activity of 17-AAG in LymphomaAnas Younes; Fiscal Year: 2007..These favorable in vitro anti-tumor activities were observed in mantle cell lymphoma (MCL), anaplastic large cell lymphoma (ALCL) and HL cell lines...
- ANTI-CD20 ANTIBODY THERAPY OF NHL-- MECHANISM OF ACTIONDavid Maloney; Fiscal Year: 2002..III. Determine the role of the mAb FC region in mediating anti- proliferative effects of anti-CD20 mAbs in xenografts of B cell NHL lines in NOD/SCID mice. ..
- Characterization of Methods for Preservation of Phosphoproteins in fixed tissuesEric Hsi; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, control material with defined relative expression levels of many PPs will result from this application and allow laboratories to assess performance of their individual assays. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..