Genomes and Genes
Summary: Malignant lymphoma in which neoplastic cells diffusely infiltrate the entire lymph node without any definite organized pattern. Patients whose lymphomas present a diffuse pattern generally have a more unfavorable survival outlook than those presenting with a follicular or nodular pattern.
Publications137 found, 100 shown here
- Treatment of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: a risk-based approachLaurie H Sehn
Division of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma 7:S14-9. 2006..Alternative treatment strategies and newer therapies will need to be explored in the context of clinical trials...
- Modified Magrath IVAC regimen as second-line therapy for relapsed or refractory aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in developing countries: the experience of a single center in BrazilJuliana Pereira
Hematology Department of the Clinic Hospital of the University of São Paulo, Brazil
Leuk Res 30:681-5. 2006....
- Mutational analysis of PRDM1 indicates a tumor-suppressor role in diffuse large B-cell lymphomasWayne Tam
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, K502A, 525 East 68th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 107:4090-100. 2006..It also demonstrates for the first time the potential role of RNA editing in lymphomagenesis...
- Primary malignant lymphoma of uterine cervixD Cantu de Leon
Department of Gynecology Oncology, Instituto Nacional de Cancerologia, Mexico D F, Mexico
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:923-7. 2006..The patient was treated with chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Six month after finish the treatment is well and free of disease...
- CHOP-like chemotherapy plus rituximab versus CHOP-like chemotherapy alone in young patients with good-prognosis diffuse large-B-cell lymphoma: a randomised controlled trial by the MabThera International Trial (MInT) GroupMichael Pfreundschuh
University Clinic of Saarland, Homburg, Germany
Lancet Oncol 7:379-91. 2006..We aimed to compare CHOP-like chemotherapy and rituximab with CHOP-like chemotherapy alone in these patients...
- Discrimination of metastatic cervical lymph nodes with diffusion-weighted MR imaging in patients with head and neck cancerMisa Sumi
Department of Radiology and Cancer Biology, Nagasaki University School of Dentistry, Japan
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 24:1627-34. 2003..Metastasis to the regional cervical lymph nodes may be associated with alterations in water diffusivity and microcirculation of the node. We tested whether diffusion-weighted MR imaging could discriminate metastatic nodes...
- [Non-Hodgkin malignant lymphoma of rib origin: report of a case]Takatoyo Kambayashi
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Nagahama City Hospital, Nagahama, Japan
Kyobu Geka 58:1177-80. 2005..The mass was resected en bloc together with the involved 8th rib. The histological diagnosis was primary non-Hodgkin lymphoma (diffuse, medium-sized to large B-cell lymphoma)...
- Primary cutaneous B-cell lymphomasH M Prince
Division of Haematology and Medical Oncology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Clin Exp Dermatol 28:8-12. 2003..Indeed, there is much controversy surrounding which classification system to use, which in turn influences the interpretation of existing data and subsequently how we manage patients with these conditions...
- [Possibility of diagnosis and treatment of thrombotic complications in primary mediastinal B-cell lymphosarcoma]B T Dzhumabaeva
Ter Arkh 76:50-4. 2004..In this study we evaluated possibilities of diagnosis and treatment of thrombotic complications of primary mediastinal B-cell lymphosarcoma (PMBL)...
- Jun activation domain-binding protein 1 expression in malignant lymphoma of the thyroid: its linkage to degree of malignancy and p27 expressionYasuhiro Ito
Department of Surgery, Kuma Hospital, 8 2 35, Shimoyamate dori, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0011, Japan
Anticancer Res 23:4121-5. 2003..To date, the clinical significance of jab1 in human carcinoma, including malignant lymphoma, has not been studied in depth. In this study, we investigated jab1 expression in malignant lymphoma of the thyroid...
- ACVBP versus CHOP plus radiotherapy for localized aggressive lymphomaFelix Reyes
Hopital Henri Mondor, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Creteil, France
N Engl J Med 352:1197-205. 2005..To determine the optimal therapy for nonelderly persons with low-risk localized lymphoma, we conducted a randomized trial comparing chemoradiotherapy with chemotherapy alone...
- Rituximab in combination with platinum-containing chemotherapy in patients with relapsed or primary refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphomaRalf Bieker
University of Muenster, Department of Medicine Hematology and Oncology, D 48129 Muenster, Germany
Oncol Rep 10:1915-7. 2003..g. allogeneic stem cell transplantation, radioimmunotherapy) should be pursued following this treatment in order to induce long-term remission...
- [Morphological, morphometrical, and immunophenotypic characteristics of primary mediastinal B-cell lymphosarcoma]B T Dzhumabaeva
Ter Arkh 75:34-8. 2003..To define histological, cytological, computer-morphometric and immunophenotypical features of primary mediastinal B-cell lymphosarcoma...
- Chemotherapy with or without radiotherapy in limited-stage diffuse aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group study 1484Sandra J Horning
Stanford University, 875 Blake Wilbur Dr, Suite 2338, Stanford, CA 94305 5821, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:3032-8. 2004....
- Carmustine, vincristine, and prednisone in the treatment of canine lymphosarcomaSílvia Regina Ricci Lucas
Faculdade de Medicina, Veterinária e Zootecnia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 40:292-9. 2004..Results of this study showed that carmustine is an effective alternative option in the treatment of canine lymphosarcoma...
- Spectral karyotyping identifies new rearrangements, translocations, and clinical associations in diffuse large B-cell lymphomaGouri Nanjangud
Cell Biology Program, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 99:2554-61. 2002..These studies emphasize the value of SKY analysis for redefinition of chromosomal instability in DLBCL to enhance gene discovery as well as clinical correlation analysis...
- International prognostic index-based outcomes for diffuse large B-cell lymphomasRichard B Wilder
Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030 4009, USA
Cancer 94:3083-8. 2002..We present the results of doxorubicin-based chemotherapy with or without involved-field radiotherapy for patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) according to the international prognostic index (IPI)...
- Characterization of lymphocyte populations by flow cytometry in a calf with sporadic juvenile lymphomaSam J Harbo
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164, USA
Vet Clin Pathol 33:163-7. 2004..The results of this investigation expand the phenotypic characterization of neoplastic lymphocytes in sporadic juvenile lymphoma...
- Regulation of activity of cathepsins B, L, and D in murine lymphosarcoma model at a combined treatment with cyclophosphamide and yeast polysaccharideTatyana A Khalikova
Institute of Physiology, Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, 630117 Novosibirsk, Russia
Cancer Lett 223:77-83. 2005..In the intact mice, usage of both cyclophosphamide and sulfoethyl glucan led to a similar increase of the cathepsins activity in liver and spleen...
- Long-term remission of primary central nervous system lymphoma by intensified methotrexate chemotherapyTakao Watanabe
Department of Neurological Surgery, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Neurooncol 63:87-95. 2003..In older patients, WBRT should be avoided to sustain a meaningful survival, and SRT may provide a valid strategy in terms of enhancing local disease control without undue risk...
- Primary intratracheal lymphosarcoma in four catsM Raquel Brown
Department of Small Animal Medicine and Surgery, College of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 4474, USA
J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 39:468-72. 2003..Cats treated with systemic chemotherapy or radiation were able to achieve complete remission and long-term resolution of clinical signs...
- REL proto-oncogene is frequently amplified in extranodal diffuse large cell lymphomaJ Houldsworth
Cell Biology and Genetics Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 87:25-9. 1996Comparative genomic hybridization (CGH) analysis of DNA extracted from a diffuse lymphoma with a large cell component (DLLC) that displayed double minute chromosomes upon conventional karyotypic analysis indicated overt amplification of ..
- Cancer risk in persons with HIV/AIDS in India: a review and future directions for researchRobert J Biggar
Dept, of Research, LV Prasad Eye Hospital, Hyderabad, India
Infect Agent Cancer 4:4. 2009..As elsewhere, non-Hodgkin lymphomas dominate the profile of recognized cancers, with immunoblastic/large cell diffuse lymphoma being the most common type...
- [Primary testicular lymphoma. Report of two cases and bibliographic review]Paloma Delgado Bavai
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital San Jorge, Huesca, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 61:527-31. 2008..We report two cases of primary testicular lymphoma and performed a bibliography review about this pathology...
- An unusual case of primary effusion lymphoma in a HIV-negative patient not pathogenetically associated with HHV8Masaru Shimazaki
Division of Cardiology, Shin Nittetsu Muroran General Hospital, Muroran, Japan
Eur J Haematol 71:62-7. 2003..Pleural effusion specimens contained large diffuse lymphoma cells, with the phenotype and genotype of a B-cell lineage (positive for CD20, CD79a and clonal rearrangement ..
- Detection of bcl-2/JH rearrangement in follicular and diffuse lymphoma: concordant results of peripheral blood and bone marrow analysis at diagnosisR Yuan
Department of Medical Oncology, Ospedale San Giovanni, Bellinzona, Switzerland
Br J Cancer 67:922-5. 1993..The concordance between bone marrow and peripheral blood PCR findings was high, with peripheral blood of 55/56 showing the same PCR results as the corresponding bone marrow...
- Chronic inflammatory and non-inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract in cats: diagnostic advantages of full-thickness intestinal and extraintestinal biopsiesSven Kleinschmidt
Department of Pathology, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Bunteweg 17, D 30559 Hannover, Germany
J Feline Med Surg 12:97-103. 2010..Furthermore, in four animals non-inflammatory mucosal band-shaped fibrosis (9.3%), and in 10 cats (23.3%) a diffuse lymphoma, was found. Six cats displayed only a gastritis (7.0%) or lymphangiectasia (7.0%), respectively...
- [Intra-cardiac lymphoma with right heart failure: a therapeutic emergency in two patients]F Roubille
Departement de Cardiologie, CHU Arnaud de Villeneuve, Montpellier
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 100:1025-9. 2007..suggested an intra-cardiac tumor which turned out to be a primary intra-cardiac lymphoma in one case, and a diffuse lymphoma principally localised in the heart in the other...
- Differential FDG accumulation associated with GLUT-1 expression in a patient with lymphomaHirofumi Koga
Department of Clinical Radiology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 17:327-31. 2003..On the other hand, a bone marrow specimen with diffuse lymphoma cell involvement indicated showed no FDG accumulation and also revealed a negative GLUT-1 expression...
- [A case of pancreatic malignant lymphoma diagnosed by EUS-FNA]Mayumi Tai
Department of Gastroenterology, Fukushima Rosai Hospital
Nihon Shokakibyo Gakkai Zasshi 105:86-92. 2008..The pathological and immunohistochemical studies showed diffuse lymphoma with large B-cells...
- [Radiotherapy of lymphosarcoma of the major salivary glands]Iu I Vorob'ev
Stomatologiia (Mosk) 82:43-4. 2003..The observation of 2-4 years showed that radiotherapy led to cure of 12 (60+/-15.4%) patients. No trends to relapses and generalization of the process were observed. No preventive exposure of the lymph discharge zones was carried out...
- [Retrospective study of laparoscopic retroperitoneal radical nephrectomy]Jean François Hetet
Clinique Urologique, CHU Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France
Prog Urol 15:10-7; discussion 16. 2005..To analyse the results of laparoscopic retroperitoneal radical nephrectomy in terms of feasibility, morbidity and disease control...
- Alpha-2,6-sialylation of L-PHA reactive oligosaccharides and expression of N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase V in human diffuse large B cell lymphomaOsamu Suzuki
Fukushima Medical University, School of Medicine, Department of Pathology, Fukushima 960 1295, Japan
Oncol Rep 10:1759-64. 2003..Therefore, loss of non-sialylated L-PHA reactive oligosaccharides due to lack of expression of GnT-V in lymphoma cells may be associated with aggressiveness of DLBCL...
- Comparative proteomics of glycoproteins based on lectin selection and isotope codingLi Xiong
Department of Chemistry, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
J Proteome Res 2:618-25. 2003..The observed aberrant fucosylation of these proteins is consistent with the hypothesis that CD44 and E-selectin play a key role in metastasis and the spread of cancer cells to remote sites...
- An unusual presentation of methotrexate-induced B-cell lymphoma of the metacarpophalangeal joint: a case report and literature reviewJ Woodfin Kennedy
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Hayes Hand Center, University of Tennessee College of Medicine Chattanooga Unit, Chattanooga, TN, USA
J Hand Surg Am 31:1193-6. 2006..We report a unusual presentation of B-cell lymphoma in the chronically inflamed synovium of a 64-year-old man with an 18-year history of rheumatoid arthritis that was treated with methotrexate...
- Debulking surgery for patients with diffuse large B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphomaMargarita Tokar
Department of Oncology, Soroka University Medical Center and the Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Leuk Lymphoma 45:1853-6. 2004..Based on our experience with 2 patients we believe that in specific cases of residual chemo-resistant lymphomatous mass, surgery should be considered as a part of a multimodal approach...
- Primary testicular diffuse large B-cell lymphoma belongs to the nongerminal center B-cell-like subgroup: A study of 18 casesMousa A Al-Abbadi
Department of Pathology, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA
Mod Pathol 19:1521-7. 2006..We conclude that most (89%) primary testicular lymphomas of the diffuse large B-cell type belong to the nongerminal center B-cell-like subgroup and have high proliferative activity...
- [Remission induction of refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphoma with allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation followed by interferon-alpha and donor lymphocyte infusion]Ichiro Kawano
First Department of Internal Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health
Rinsho Ketsueki 45:155-60. 2004..200 days after transplantation, the patient is still disease-free and in good condition. This report suggests the curative potential of IFN-alpha combined with DLI after allogeneic SCT in refractory DLBL...
- Successfully treated massive pulmonary thromboembolism and thrombus in the right atrium due to diffuse malignant lymphoma: a case reportHiromu Inoue
The First Department of Integrated Medicine, Omiya Medical Center, Jichi Medical School, Saitama
J Cardiol 48:159-63. 2006..Venous compression by the lymphoma mass had caused hemostasis and thrombus formation in the present case...
- Investigation of nasal disease in the cat--a retrospective study of 77 casesS M Henderson
University of Bristol, Department of Clinical Veterinary Science, Division of Companion Animals, Langford House, Langford, Bristol BS40 5DU, UK
J Feline Med Surg 6:245-57. 2004..It was unusual for cats with diseases other than neoplasia to be euthanased as a result of their nasal disease...
- [Multiple organ relapse in primary de novo CD5+ diffuse large B cell lymphoma of the bone after a complete response]Shoko Nakayama
Department of First Intenal Medicine, Osaka Medical College
Rinsho Ketsueki 45:149-54. 2004..De novo CD5+ DLBL appears to constitute a unique subset of DLBL with an aggressive clinical course and requires established therapeutic strategies...
- Alimentary lymphosarcoma in a 4-year-old Labrador retrieverAndrew D Lowe
Department of Clinical Studies, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1
Can Vet J 45:610-2. 2004..The heart and respiratory rates were within normal limits, and the rectal temperature was 38.9 degrees C. Abdominal splinting was noted on palpation, which elicited urination. No obvious additional abnormalities were detected...
- Ultrasound-guided biopsy as a diagnostic aid in three horses with a cranial mediastinal lymphosarcomaD De Clercq
Department of Large Animal Internal Medicine, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, Salisburylaan 133, B 9820 Merelbeke, Belgium
Vet Rec 154:722-6. 2004..A histological examination of an ultrasound-guided core biopsy of the cranial mediastinal mass showed that in each of the three horses it was a lymphosarcoma...
- Response of DNA repair enzymes in murine fibrosarcoma, lymphosarcoma and ascites cells following gamma irradiationKarpagam Pasupathy
Radiation Biology Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, India
J Radiat Res 44:229-35. 2003..We speculate that a possible role of PARP is to coordinate the activities of other enzymes in DNA repair by selectively inhibiting certain enzymes by the ribosylation process...
- Dystrophin-deficient mdx mice display a reduced life span and are susceptible to spontaneous rhabdomyosarcomaJeffrey S Chamberlain
Department of Neurology, K243b HSB, Box 357720, 1959 N E Pacific St, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195 7720, USA
FASEB J 21:2195-204. 2007..Rhabdomyosarcomas have not been observed previously in nontransgenic mice. The results substantiate the mdx mouse as an important model system for studies of the pathogenesis of and potential remedies for DMD...
- Possible role of P-glycoprotein in cyclophosphamide resistance of transplanted mouse RLS lymphosarcomaA Yu Grishanova
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biophysics, Siberian Division of Russian Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk
Bull Exp Biol Med 139:611-4. 2005..Presumably, the resistance of RLS tumor to cyclophosphamide-induced apoptosis is a result of inhibition of the apoptotic cascade by P-glycoprotein which is functionally more active in these cells than in LS cells...
- Natural killer cell-derived large granular lymphocyte lymphoma of lung developed in a patient with hypersensitivity to mosquito bites and reactivated Epstein-Barr virus infectionM Mizuki
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Japan
Am J Hematol 59:309-15. 1998..The patient died from respiratory failure. Necropsy of the lung revealed diffuse lymphoma composed of polymorphic cells with typical angiocentric lesions...
- Epigenetic inactivation of the ERK inhibitor Spry2 in B-cell diffuse lymphomasA Sanchez
1Unidad de Biología Celular, Centro Nacional de Microbiologia, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
Oncogene 27:4969-72. 2008..Our results revealed that hSpry2 promoter was hypermethylated in the HT cell line derived from a B-cell diffuse lymphoma, which correlated with decreased hSpry2 expression...
- Extranodal non-Hodgkin's lymphoma presenting as an abdominal wall mass. A case report and review of the literatureGeorge Bozas
Department of Clinical Therapeutics, Medical School, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Leuk Lymphoma 47:329-32. 2006..The case is discussed with a brief review of the literature on the diagnosis, treatment and outcome of soft tissue lymphomas...
- Sudden death due to thoracic lymphoma in a standardbred racing horseKelly Lawn
Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1
Can Vet J 46:528-9. 2005..Postmortem and histopathologic examination findings revealed thoracic lymphosarcoma and concurrent exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhage...
- [Anti-CD20 in hematologic oncology]Noel Milpied
Service des Maladies du Sang, CHU de Bordeaux, université Bordeaux 2 Victor Segalen, F 33600 Pessac Cedex, France
Presse Med 38:788-98. 2009..The standard treatment for high-grade diffuse lymphoma, regardless of age and regardless of predicted severity, is now the combination of CHOP chemotherapy and ..
- Primary lymphomas of the breast: a report on 5 cases studied in a period of 5 years at the Hospital General de MéxicoMónica B Romero-Guadarrama
Pathology Unit of the Hospital General de México, School of Medicine, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico UNAM, Mexico City, CP 06726, Mexico
Ann Diagn Pathol 13:78-81. 2009..The most common histologic type was the large B-cell diffuse lymphoma. Differential diagnosis must be established in the presence of poorly differentiated lobules and ductal ..
- BCL-6 and other genomic alterations in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL)M Butler
Department of Medical Oncology and Pathology, Mater Misericordiae Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Br J Cancer 75:1641-5. 1997..In this study, 80% of the c-MYC rearrangements were detected in aggressive diffuse lymphoma subsets but, interestingly, 9% of FCL showed involvement of t(8q24) translocation...
- Temporal and demographic patterns of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma incidence in PennsylvaniaYueh Ying Han
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Center for Environmental Oncology, Department of Epidemiology, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, 5150 Centre Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
Int J Occup Environ Health 16:75-84. 2010..2% in white and black women. National trends were similar, except for smaller increases in white men. Diffuse lymphoma appeared to be the major contributor to the increases...
- Anthropometrics, physical activity, related medical conditions, and the risk of non-hodgkin lymphomaJames R Cerhan
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Cancer Causes Control 16:1203-14. 2005..Physical inactivity increases the risk of obesity and of type 2 diabetes, but there are few data on the association of physical activity with risk of NHL...
- Intake of antioxidant nutrients and risk of non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma in the Women's Health InitiativeGeoffrey C Kabat
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Nutr Cancer 64:245-54. 2012..lowest quartile 0.69, 95% CI 0.49-0.98). Overall, this study provides some evidence of inverse associations of intake of total vitamin A and total vitamin C with the risk of NHL and diffuse lymphoma, respectively.
- Prospective clinical evaluation of serum cardiac troponin T in dogs admitted to a veterinary teaching hospitalTeresa C DeFrancesco
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleig 27606, USA
J Vet Intern Med 16:553-7. 2002....
- Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma presenting as multiple bone lesions and hypercalcemiaHirotaka Takasaki
Department of Internal Medicine and Clinical Immunology, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, Yokohama, Japan
Am J Hematol 81:439-42. 2006....
- Primary central nervous system lymphoma with testicular relapseJ Harney
Marie Curie Research Wing, Mount Vernon Hospital, Northwood, Middlesex, UK
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 16:193-5. 2004..We report the case of a 54-year-old man with primary central nervous system lymphoma (PCNSL) who achieved a radiological complete response to high-dose methotrexate and 6 months later had a simultaneous local and testicular relapse...
- Diffuse malignant lymphoma type B with optic chiasm infiltration, visual disturbances, hypopituitarism, hyperprolactinaemia and diabetes insipidus. Case report and literature reviewMarek Bolanowski
Department of Endocrinology, Diabetology and Isotope Therapy, Wrocław Medical University, Wrocław
Endokrynol Pol 57:642-7. 2006..Hormonal disturbances accompanying the suprasellar region infiltration are very important from the practical point of view...
- [A case of malignant lymphoma of the cranial vault]Makoto Kanai
Department of Neurosurgery, Terakata Ikuno Hospital, 1 5 10 Terakata, Hondoori, Moriguchi City, Osaka 570 0048, Japan
No Shinkei Geka 31:419-24. 2003....
- Occult lymphoma cells prevalent in autologous marrow from non-Hodgkin's diffuse lymphomaJunkichi Yokoyama
Division of Head and Neck Cancer, Miyagi Cancer Center, Natori, Japan
Am J Hematol 73:1-11. 2003..and marrow from each of 10 follicular lymphoma patients, but not in any samples from 31 newly diagnosed diffuse lymphoma patients...
- Multicentric lymphoma and disseminated coccidioidomycosis in a dogAmanda Jeroski
Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, 52 Campus Drive, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7N 5B4
Can Vet J 44:62-4. 2003..Laboratory findings and radiographic imaging were consistent with generalized lymphoma and disseminated coccidioidomycosis. Treatment consisted of antibiotics, chemotherapeutic agents, and antifungals...
- Angiotrophic intravascular lymphosarcoma presenting as bi-cavity effusion in a dogL Ridge
Washington State University, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, PO Box 647060, Pullman, Washington 99164 7060, USA
Aust Vet J 82:616-8. 2004..A necropsy was performed and tissues were collected for histological examination. The histological diagnosis was angiotropic intravascular lymphosarcoma. Diagnosis of mesothelioma was not confirmed...
- Rituximab provides durable remission in a patient with refractory aggressive diffuse B-cell lymphoma failing salvage chemotherapyEric Robach
Section of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, 1120 15th Street, BAA 5407, Augusta, GA 30912 3125, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 43:2235-6. 2002..She is without evidence of disease with a follow-up of 32 months. We report this case to bring to attention the possibility of sustained durable remission with single agent Rituximab in refractory DLCL...
- [Diffuse lymphoproliferative disease after renal transplantation and its relation with Epstein-Barr virus. Experience at one center]A Franco
Servicio de Nefrología Hospital General Alicante Maestro Alonso, 109 03010 Alicante
Nefrologia 22:463-9. 2002..In conclusion, PTLD is a relatively frequent disease with a poor prognosis in renal transplant patients. It seems to have a close relationship with EBV and can develop in the absence of the classical risk factors...
- Low-energy red light radiation improves antitumor activity of cyclophosphamideE A Sheiko
Oncological Institute, Ministry of Health of Russia, Rostov on Don
Bull Exp Biol Med 138:590-2. 2004....
- Endobronchial metastases of fibrosarcoma and non-Hodgkin's lymphomaFusun Sahin
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Yedikule Chest Diseases and Thoracic Surgery Research and Training Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Arch Iran Med 15:520-2. 2012..Bronchoscopy was performed. Pathological examination of the bronchoscopic materials taken from the mass that had obstructed the entrance of the middle lobe revealed a large B cell diffuse lymphoma.
- [Primary diffuse large B-cell lymphosarcoma of the spleen]A U Magomedova
Ter Arkh 79:62-6. 2007..To investigate characteristics of the course and efficacy of treatment of diffuse large B-cell lymphosarcoma (DLBL) with primary lesion of the spleen...
- Increasing incidence of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in Canada, 1970-1996: age-period-cohort analysisShiliang Liu
McLaughlin Centre for Population Health Risk Assessment, Institute of Population Health, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
Hematol Oncol 21:57-66. 2003..2 per 100,000 in 1970-1971 to 14.0 and 10.0 per 100,000 in 1995-1996 in males and females, respectively. Diffuse lymphoma was the major histological subtype, accounting for approximately 76% of NHL cases over the 27-year period...
- [Lymphoma genesis in the context of HIV infection]Caroline Besson
Unité 550 Génétique humaine des maladies infectieuses, Faculte Necker, 156, rue de Vaugirard, 75015 Paris
Ann Med Interne (Paris) 154:523-8. 2003..A better knowledge of these mechanisms should lead to the development of specific targeted treatments (antiviral, cytotoxic anti-EBV lymphocytes, cell cycle regulators)...
- Multiple lymphomatous polyposis of the gastrointestinal tractMaria Isete Fares Franco
Department of Pathology, Hospital do Servidor Publico Estadual, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 122:131-3. 2004..A rectal biopsy revealed infiltration of the mucosa and submucosa by diffuse lymphoma consisting of small cleaved cells...
- [Signet ring cell lymphoma mimicking mucin-producing carcinoma]Ana María Sáenz de Chirife
Departamento de Patologia, Instituto de Oncologia Angel H Roffo, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Medicina (B Aires) 64:521-4. 2004..It is localized in nodal and extranodal sites. A case of a 59 years old male, with a diffuse lymphoma signet ring cell type localized on oropharyngeal mucosa is reported...
- [Significance of soluble interleukin-2 receptor alpha chain in the management of patients with malignant lymphoma: a multi-center study]Hitoshi Ohno
First Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto
Rinsho Ketsueki 43:170-5. 2002..The sIL-2R alpha levels of the diffuse lymphoma/intermediate-grade subtypes defined by the LSG classification/Working Formulation were higher than those of ..
- [Primary malignant lymphoma of the prostate: report of a case achieving complete response to combination chemotherapy and review of 22 Japanese cases]Keiko Fukutani
Department of Urology, Asoka Hospital
Nihon Hinyokika Gakkai Zasshi 94:621-5. 2003..including ours the majority of the patients were older than 60 years, and their histopathology was mostly diffuse lymphoma, which belongs to intermediate grade of non-Hodjkin's lymphoma according to the Working Formulation's ..
- Value of a single-shot turbo spin-echo pulse sequence for assessing the architecture of the subarachnoid space and the constitutive nature of cerebrospinal fluidAnthony Pease
Department of Molecular Biomedical Sciences North Carolina State University, 4700 Hillsborough Street, Raleigh, NC 27603, USA
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 47:254-9. 2006....
- Multicentric T-cell lymphosarcoma in an alpacaN Pusterla
Department of Medicine and Epidemiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Vet J 171:181-5. 2006..Post mortem examination confirmed multicentric lymphosarcoma involving multiple organs. Immunophenotyping using cross reactive T- and B-cell antibodies characterized the tumour as a T-cell lymphosarcoma...
- Survey of neoplasia in red kangaroos (Macropus rufus), 1992-2002, in a zoological collectionWm Kirk Suedmeyer
Kansas City Zoo, 6800 Zoo Drive, Kansas City, Missouri 64132, USA
J Zoo Wildl Med 38:231-9. 2007..Common denominators were not identified in these cases, although chronic gingivitis could have been a contributing factor in the development of the oral squamous cell carcinomas...
- Primary pancreatic lymphoma: diagnostic and therapeutic dilemmaNarendra Battula
Kings College Hospital, London, UK
Pancreas 33:192-4. 2006..Diagnosis of primary pancreatic lymphoma can be difficult because it may mimic carcinoma. The principal aims of this review were to highlight the difficulties encountered in making a diagnosis and to identify the role of surgery...
- Candida krusei arthritis in a patient with hematologic malignancy: successful treatment with voriconazoleU Sili
Department of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, University of Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
Clin Infect Dis 45:897-8. 2007..Here, we report a case of disseminated Candida krusei infection in a patient who presented with arthritis. The infection was successfully treated with voriconazole after amphotericin B deoxycholate therapy had failed...
- Splenic red pulp lymphoma with numerous basophilic villous lymphocytes: a distinct clinicopathologic and molecular entity?Alexandra Traverse-Glehen
Service d Anatomie Pathologique Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Blood 111:2253-60. 2008..Spleen sections were peculiar, with atrophic white pulp and a monomorphic diffuse lymphoma infiltration in a congested red pulp...
- Comparison of endoscopic and full-thickness biopsy specimens for diagnosis of inflammatory bowel disease and alimentary tract lymphoma in catsSarah E Evans
E and M Bobst Hospital and Caspary Research Institute, The Animal Medical Center, 510 E 62nd St, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 229:1447-50. 2006..To evaluate the accuracy of endoscopic biopsy (EB) specimens for diagnosis of alimentary tract lymphosarcoma in cats...
- Transcript profiling in peripheral T-cell lymphoma, not otherwise specified, and diffuse large B-cell lymphoma identifies distinct tumor profile signaturesDaruka Mahadevan
Department of Medicine, Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, 1515 North Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 4:1867-79. 2005..This study illustrates the relevance of tumor-stroma immune trafficking and identified potential novel prognostic markers and targets for therapeutic intervention...
- [Malignant non-Hodgkin diffuse lymphoma with extranodal orbital involvement--a clinical case]Corina Epure
Clinica de Oftalmologie a Spitalului Militar Central
Oftalmologia 49:29-32. 2005..In this case, the treatment of choice it must be systemic chemotherapy...
- Constitutive activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase predisposes diffuse large B-cell lymphoma cell lines to CD40-mediated cell deathC Annette Hollmann
Neuroimmunology Unit, Montreal Neurological Institute, Departments of Medicine and Human Genetics, McGill University, Duff Medical Bldg Room 717, 3775 University Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 2B4
Cancer Res 66:3550-7. 2006..Our results suggest that constitutive activation of ERK may be required for death signaling by CD40...
- Animal model of drug-resistant tumor progressionNadezda Mironova
Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine, Siberian Branch Russian Academy of Sciences, 8 Lavrentiev Avenue, 630090 Novosibirsk, Russian Federation
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1091:490-500. 2006....
- Treatment results of chemoradiation therapy for localized aggressive lymphomas: A retrospective 20-year studyHideomi Yamashita
Department of Radiology, University of Tokyo Hospital, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Ann Hematol 85:523-9. 2006..Significant prognostic factors were not identified by multivariate analysis. Combined chemotherapy and radiation therapy is safe, highly effective, and probably curative for most patients with stage I-II aggressive lymphoma...
- Diffuse aggressive histologies of non-hodgkin lymphoma: treatment and biology of limited diseaseThomas P Miller
Department of Medicine, and Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Semin Hematol 43:207-12. 2006....
- [Comparison of the effectiveness of mono- and polychemotherapy for murine lymphosarcoma, resistant to apoptosis induction]V I Kaledin
Vopr Onkol 52:70-3. 2006..murine lymphosarcoma RLS, resistant to apoptosis induction, was used to demonstrate that polychemotherapy (cyclophosphamide+adriamycin+cisplatin) failed to gain any significant advantage over monotherapy with adequate doses of those drugs..
- Mortality rates among chemical workers in the Kanawha Valley of West Virginia: 1940-1999Carol J Burns
Department of Epidemiology, The Dow Chemical Company, Midland, Michigan, USA
W V Med J 102:24-8. 2006..Updates of the entire cohort will continue and can be used as a comparison population for chemical specific studies within these three plants...
- [Cytologic diagnosis of hepatic tumors by examining puncture bioptates]L S Bolgova
Vopr Onkol 52:691-5. 2006..Cytological examination of puncture bioptates established such diagnostic features as sensitivity (90%), specificity (88%), and effectiveness (89%) as well as prognostic significance of positive (99%) and negative (41%) results...
- Activity and concentration of cathepsin B as prognostic criteria for the development of mouse LS lymphosarcoma and Lewis lung adenocarcinomaT A Korolenko
Institute of Physiology, Siberian Division of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Novosibirsk
Bull Exp Biol Med 133:392-5. 2002..Cathepsin B is probably involved in apoptosis of tumor cells during chemotherapy of lymphosarcoma-LS with cyclophosphamide...
- Assessing the use of FDG-PET in the detection of regional and metastatic nodes in alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma of extremitiesMyriam Weyl Ben Arush
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Meyer Children s Hospital, Haifa, Israel
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 28:440-5. 2006..Metastatic axillary disease was possibly also present in the third patient according to his later course of disease...
- Behavioral stress and tumor progressionJennifer P Montgomery
California Institute of Technology, MC 216 76, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Anticancer Res 26:1189-92. 2006..Previously published findings demonstrated a stress-induced increase in tumor growth of implanted lymphosarcoma in C3H mice. Here, two mouse models were utilized to investigate whether stress alters the growth of solid tumors...
- [Diagnosis of early manifestations of myocardial dysfunction at early stages of antitumor treatment in patients with lymphogranulomatosis and lymphosarcomas]E D Iskhakov
Ter Arkh 79:42-6. 2007....
- [Adult T-cell leukemia with Ki-1 expression]M Iwahashi
Department of Internal Medicine, Minami Kyushuu Chuo National Hospital
Rinsho Ketsueki 33:63-8. 1992..Lymph node biopsy revealed diffuse lymphoma pleomorphic type according to the LSG classification...
- [Apoptosis-inducing and anti-tumor effect of cyclophosphamide, cisplatin and adriamycin used separately or combined in murine lymphosarcoma LS]V P Nikolin
Institute of Cytology and Genetics, Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk
Vopr Onkol 48:211-5. 2002..However, the overall antitumor effect did not exceed that of the one drug which induced apoptosis most effectively...
- Maxillary lymphosarcoma in a white-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus)R Scott Larsen
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas 66506, USA
J Wildl Dis 38:611-5. 2002..A diagnosis of focal lymphosarcoma with local metastasis was made. The organ distribution of lymphosarcoma in this deer differs from previously described cases of lymphosarcoma in cervids...
- Hypereosinophilic paraneoplastic syndrome in a cat with intestinal T cell lymphosarcomaV R Barrs
Feline Referral Centre, London
J Small Anim Pract 43:401-5. 2002..This case demonstrates that hypereosinophilic paraneoplastic syndrome may occur in cats with lymphosarcoma. Eosinophil chemotaxis may be a response to the production of interleukin-5 by neoplastic lymphocytes...
- Immunohistochemical characterization of lymphosarcoma in two alpacas (Lama pacos)S Hemsley
Faculty of Veterinary Science B01, University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
J Comp Pathol 127:69-71. 2002..This is the first recorded attempt at immunophenotyping lymphosarcoma in alpacas and, to our knowledge, the first record of presumptive co-expression of T- and B-cell-associated molecules in lymphosarcoma in the veterinary literature...
- [Thoracic spinal cord compression by radiation-induced exostosis: a case report and review of the literature]A Blamoutier
CMC Volney, 24, boulevard Volney, 35700 Rennes, France
Rev Chir Orthop Reparatrice Appar Mot 88:514-7. 2002..Radiation is an exceptional cause of spinal compression which can be avoided by regular surveillance of patients given radiotherapy in the spinal area as children...
- GENETIC MECHANISMS OF B CELL LYMPHOMARaju Chaganti; Fiscal Year: 2001..function of two novel genes recently cloned by us from IG gene-associated chromosome translocations in diffuse lymphoma with a large cell component (DLLC), clinically the most significant form of NHL...
- Role of metallothioneins in hepatocellular carcinomaSamson Jacob; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Alcohol-induced epigenetic changes in the liver genomeSamson Jacob; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal also fits well with the mission of the National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism on "alcohol metabolism and epigenetic effects on tissue injury". [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Muscular Dystrophy Cooperative Research CenterJeffrey Chamberlain; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, Core C (T Bird) is a genetic counseling core for patients and families with muscular dystrophy that will also allow increased participation of patients in studies of a variety of types of muscular dystrophy. ..
- Immunogenetics of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma SurvivalJames Cerhan; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- DYSTROPHIN REPLACEMENT IN MDX MICEJeffrey Chamberlain; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will provide new insights into both the structure of dystrophin and the mechanisms of dystrophic cell death and will help advance the development of gene therapy. ..
- DNA METHYLATION AND GENE EXPRESSION IN CANCER CELLSSamson Jacob; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is hoped that this study could provide the impetus to explore ways to reactivate these repressed genes that may result in the arrest of specific neoplastic growth. ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF METALLOTHIONEIN INDUCTIONSamson Jacob; Fiscal Year: 2003..Because MT induction is repressed in many cancer cells due to hypermethylation, the re-expresssion of MT may be one effective means to arrest malignant growth of these cells. ..
- Molecular Epidemiology of non-Hodgkin Lymphoma SurvivalJames R Cerhan; Fiscal Year: 2010..Host genetics may also lead to a better understanding of NHL pathophysiology that could lead to new approaches to improve the survival of NHL patients. ..
- Clinical Investigation in Hodgkin's DiseaseSandra Horning; Fiscal Year: 2005....