Genomes and Genes
Summary: A malignant disease characterized by progressive enlargement of the lymph nodes, spleen, and general lymphoid tissue, and the presence of large, usually multinucleate, cells (REED-STERNBERG CELLS) of unknown origin.
Publications314 found, 100 shown here
- Revised response criteria for malignant lymphomaBruce D Cheson
Division of Hematology Oncology, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:579-86. 2007..Standardized response criteria are needed to interpret and compare clinical trials and for approval of new therapeutic agents by regulatory agencies...
- Results of a prospective randomized clinical trial of doxorubicin, bleomycin, vinblastine, and dacarbazine (ABVD) followed by radiation therapy (RT) versus ABVD alone for stages I, II, and IIIA nonbulky Hodgkin diseaseDavid J Straus
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, SR 441B Box 406, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 104:3483-9. 2004To determine whether combined modality therapy (CMT) is superior to chemotherapy (CT) alone, 152 untreated Hodgkin disease patients with clinical stages (CSs) IA, IB, IIA, IIB, and IIIA without bulk disease were prospectively randomized ..
- Trends in cancer risk among people with AIDS in the United States 1980-2002Eric A Engels
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
AIDS 20:1645-54. 2006..People with AIDS have heightened cancer risk from immunosuppression. HAART has been available since 1996 and has reduced AIDS-related mortality, but there are few large-scale studies on cancer trends...
- Results of a pivotal phase II study of brentuximab vedotin for patients with relapsed or refractory Hodgkin's lymphomaAnas Younes
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:2183-9. 2012..In phase I studies, brentuximab vedotin demonstrated significant activity with a favorable safety profile in patients with relapsed or refractory CD30-positive lymphomas...
- Thyroid V30 predicts radiation-induced hypothyroidism in patients treated with sequential chemo-radiotherapy for Hodgkin's lymphomaLaura Cella
Institute of Biostructures and Bioimages, National Council of Research CNR, Naples, Italy
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 82:1802-8. 2012..The purpose of this study is to determine dose-volume constraints that correlate with functional impairment of the thyroid gland in HL patients treated with three-dimensional radiotherapy...
- Tumor-associated macrophages and survival in classic Hodgkin's lymphomaChristian Steidl
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
N Engl J Med 362:875-85. 2010..Current prognostic models predict the outcome of treatment with imperfect accuracy, and clinically relevant biomarkers have not been established to improve on the International Prognostic Score...
- Autocrine- and paracrine-activated receptor tyrosine kinases in classic Hodgkin lymphomaChristoph Renne
Department of Pathology, University of Frankfurt, Theodor Stern Kai 7, D 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
Blood 105:4051-9. 2005..These findings show the unprecedented coexpression of multiple RTKs in a tumor and indicate that aberrant RTK signaling is an important factor in HL pathogenesis and that it may be a novel therapeutic target...
- Genome-wide association study of classical Hodgkin lymphoma and Epstein-Barr virus status-defined subgroupsKevin Y Urayama
Genetics Section, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
J Natl Cancer Inst 104:240-53. 2012..Accumulating evidence suggests that risk factors for classical Hodgkin lymphoma (cHL) differ by tumor Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) status. This potential etiological heterogeneity is not recognized in current disease classification...
- Long-term solid cancer risk among 5-year survivors of Hodgkin's lymphomaDavid C Hodgson
Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, and the Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Toronto, Canada
J Clin Oncol 25:1489-97. 2007..However, no investigation has used multivariate modeling to estimate the relative risk (RR), excess absolute risk (EAR), and cumulative incidence for specific attained ages and ages at HL diagnosis...
- Spectrum of Epstein-Barr virus-associated diseasesJ L Kutok
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Annu Rev Pathol 1:375-404. 2006..Our current understanding of the role of EBV in the development of Burkitt lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma, nasopharyngeal carcinoma, and other EBV-associated diseases is discussed...
- The biology of Hodgkin's lymphomaRalf Kuppers
Institute of Cell Biology Tumour Research, University of Duisburg Essen, Medical School, Virchowstrasse 173, 45122 Essen, Germany
Nat Rev Cancer 9:15-27. 2009..Understanding the contribution of all of these changes to the pathogenesis of this disease is essential for the development of novel therapies...
- Gene expression profiling of microdissected Hodgkin Reed-Sternberg cells correlates with treatment outcome in classical Hodgkin lymphomaChristian Steidl
Centre for Lymphoid Cancer, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Blood 120:3530-40. 2012..In summary, our data reveal novel insights into the pathobiology of treatment failure and suggest CSF1R as a drug target of at-risk CHL...
- High risk of subsequent neoplasms continues with extended follow-up of childhood Hodgkin's disease: report from the Late Effects Study GroupSmita Bhatia
City of Hope National Medical Center, 1500 E Duarte Rd, Duarte, CA 91010 3000, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:4386-94. 2003..We describe the pattern and incidence of subsequent neoplasms (SNs) occurring with extended follow-up...
- A pilot study of rituximab in patients with recurrent, classic Hodgkin diseaseAnas Younes
Department of Lymphoma Myeloma, The University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 98:310-4. 2003To explore the potential role of infiltrating benign B cells in classic Hodgkin disease (HD) lesions in supporting the survival of malignant Hodgkin and Reed-Sternberg (H/RS) cells, the authors initiated a pilot study of rituximab...
- Persistence of the Epstein-Barr virus and the origins of associated lymphomasDavid A Thorley-Lawson
Department of Pathology, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
N Engl J Med 350:1328-37. 2004
- Tumor-infiltrating macrophages correlate with adverse prognosis and Epstein-Barr virus status in classical Hodgkin's lymphomaPeter Kamper
Department of Hematology, Aarhus University Hospital, Tage Hansens Gade 2 DK 8000, Aarhus C, Denmark
Haematologica 96:269-76. 2011..The aim of our study was to correlate expression of CD68 and CD163 with the clinico-pathological features and prognosis of a cohort of patients with previously untreated Hodgkin's lymphoma...
- Constitutive NF-kappaB maintains high expression of a characteristic gene network, including CD40, CD86, and a set of antiapoptotic genes in Hodgkin/Reed-Sternberg cellsM Hinz
, Berlin, Germany
Blood 97:2798-807. 2001..Hence, NF-kappaB controls a signaling network in H/RS cells, which promotes tumor cell growth and confers resistance to apoptosis...
- Identification of Hodgkin and Reed-Sternberg cell-specific genes by gene expression profilingRalf Kuppers
Institute for Genetics, and Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
J Clin Invest 111:529-37. 2003..The newly identified HL-specific genes may play important roles in the pathogenesis of HL, potentially represent novel diagnostic markers, and can be considered for therapeutic targeting...
- Randomized comparison of ABVD and MOPP/ABV hybrid for the treatment of advanced Hodgkin's disease: report of an intergroup trialDavid B Duggan
Department of Medicine, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, 750 East Adams Street, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:607-14. 2003..We compared these regimens as initial chemotherapy for Hodgkin's disease...
- Common features and differences in the transcriptome of large cell anaplastic lymphoma and classical Hodgkin's lymphomaKlaus Willenbrock
Senckenbergisches Institut für Pathologie, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Haematologica 91:596-604. 2006..However, both lymphomas share a similar cytological and immunohistochemical tumor cell phenotype with little resemblance to their cells of origin...
- A genome-wide association study of Hodgkin's lymphoma identifies new susceptibility loci at 2p16.1 (REL), 8q24.21 and 10p14 (GATA3)Victor Enciso-Mora
Section of Cancer Genetics, Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, UK
Nat Genet 42:1126-30. 2010..70, combined P = 2.84 Ã— 10(-50)). These data provide new insight into the pathogenesis of cHL...
- Breast cancer risk in female survivors of Hodgkin's lymphoma: lower risk after smaller radiation volumesMarie L De Bruin
Department of Epidemiology, Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 27:4239-46. 2009..We assessed the long-term risk of breast cancer (BC) after treatment for Hodgkin's lymphoma (HL). We focused on the volume of breast tissue exposed to radiation and the influence of gonadotoxic chemotherapy (CT)...
- Constitutive activation of STAT proteins in the HDLM-2 and L540 Hodgkin lymphoma-derived cell lines supports cell survivalOlivia Cochet
INSERM U526, Faculte de Medecine, Avenue de Valombrose, Nice F 06107, France
Cell Signal 18:449-55. 2006..Silencing of JAKs by specific siRNAs also induced apoptosis of HL cells. Altogether, these results suggest that aberrant STAT activation in Hodgkin cells may promote cell survival and as a consequence facilitate oncogenic transformation...
- Strong correlations of anti-viral capsid antigen antibody levels in first-degree relatives from families with Epstein-Barr virus-related lymphomasCaroline Besson
Laboratoire de Genetique Humaine des Maladies Infectieuses, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 550, France
J Infect Dis 199:1121-7. 2009..Markers of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) infection include anti-viral capsid antigen (VCA) immunoglobulin (Ig) G. High anti-VCA titers are associated with EBV-related lymphoproliferation, such as Burkitt lymphoma (BL) and Hodgkin lymphoma (HL)...
- Site-specific dose-response relationships for cancer induction from the combined Japanese A-bomb and Hodgkin cohorts for doses relevant to radiotherapyUwe Schneider
Radiotherapy Hirslanden AG, Institute for Radiotherapy, Rain 34, 5001 Aarau, Switzerland
Theor Biol Med Model 8:27. 2011..Therefore in this work, emphasis is placed on doses relevant for radiotherapy with respect to radiation induced solid cancer...
- Regulation of JAK2 by miR-135a: prognostic impact in classic Hodgkin lymphomaAlfons Navarro
Human Anatomy Unit, Molecular Oncology and Embryology Laboratory, University of Barcelona Medical School, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Barcelona, Spain
Blood 114:2945-51. 2009..Our findings confirm the critical role of miR-135a in the survival of cHL cells and in the prognosis of cHL patients, indicating that novel treatment approaches targeting miR-135a may potentially benefit these patients...
- Different IMRT solutions vs. 3D-conformal radiotherapy in early stage Hodgkin's Lymphoma: dosimetric comparison and clinical considerationsChristian Fiandra
University of Turin, Department of Oncology, Radiation Oncology Unit, Turin, Italy
Radiat Oncol 7:186. 2012..We designed a planning study on a typical dataset drawn from clinical routine with the aim of comparing different IMRT solutions in terms of plan quality and treatment delivery efficiency...
- Severe jaundice, due to vanishing bile duct syndrome, as presenting symptom of Hodgkin's lymphoma, fully reversible after chemotherapyIvonne Leeuwenburgh
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:145-7. 2008..Our case demonstrates that although dosing of chemotherapy in this situation can be very difficult, a good clinical outcome is possible, which makes the attempt at curative treatment worthwhile...
- MicroRNA-mediated down-regulation of PRDM1/Blimp-1 in Hodgkin/Reed-Sternberg cells: a potential pathogenetic lesion in Hodgkin lymphomasKui Nie
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Joan and Sanford I Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Am J Pathol 173:242-52. 2008....
- Review of the cardiac long-term effects of therapy for Hodgkin lymphomaAndrea K Ng
Department of Radiation Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Br J Haematol 154:23-31. 2011..Screening for and aggressive management of traditional cardiac risk factors are also important strategies in reducing risks of cardiac disease in long-term Hodgkin lymphoma survivors...
- Second malignant neoplasms among long-term survivors of Hodgkin's disease: a population-based evaluation over 25 yearsGraca M Dores
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Executive Plaza South, Suite 7039, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:3484-94. 2002....
- Prognostic value of interim FDG PET/CT in Hodgkin's lymphoma patients treated with interim response-adapted strategy: comparison of International Harmonization Project (IHP), Gallamini and London criteriaPierre Yves Le Roux
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital of Brest, 5 avenue Foch, 29200 Brest, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 38:1064-71. 2011..The aim of this study was to confirm the prognostic value of interim PET/CT in HL patients treated with an interim response-adapted strategy and to compare the respective performances of different published criteria...
- Survival in Hodgkin's disease patients--report of 25 years of experience at the Milan Cancer InstituteGianni Bonadonna
Department of Medical Oncology, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Via Venezian 1, 20133 Milan, Italy
Eur J Cancer 41:998-1006. 2005..The main focus of future trials should be on reducing treatment sequelae to improve the quality of life of long-term survivors...
- Radiotherapy of large target volumes in Hodgkin's lymphoma: normal tissue sparing capability of forward IMRT versus conventional techniquesLaura Cella
Institute of Biostructures and Bioimages, National Council of Research CNR, Via Pansini 5, 80131, Naples, Italy
Radiat Oncol 5:33. 2010..This paper analyses normal tissue sparing capability of radiation treatment techniques in Hodgkin's lymphoma with large treatment volume...
- Classical Hodgkin's lymphoma arising in different host's conditions: pathobiology parameters, therapeutic options, and outcomeAntonino Carbone
Division of Pathology, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico Aviano, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Aviano, Italy
Am J Hematol 86:170-9. 2011..Refractory CHL, a clinical condition that may occur throughout the entire spectrum of CHL, is discussed separately...
- The generation and characterization of LMP2-specific CTLs for use as adoptive transfer from patients with relapsed EBV-positive Hodgkin diseaseCatherine M Bollard
Center for Cell and Gene Therapy, Baylor College of Medicine, The Methodist Hospital and Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Immunother 27:317-27. 2004..In Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)-positive Hodgkin disease (HD), a limited number of EBV-encoded antigens such as the latent membrane antigens (LMP) 1 and 2 are ..
- Morbidity and mortality in long-term survivors of Hodgkin lymphoma: a report from the Childhood Cancer Survivor StudySharon M Castellino
Department of Pediatrics, Wake Forest University Health Sciences, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Blood 117:1806-16. 2011..6; 95% CI 1.4-5.1), or a serious cardiovascular condition (HR, 4.4; 95% CI 2.7-7.3). Excess mortality from second neoplasms and cardiovascular disease vary by sex and persist > 20 years of follow-up in childhood HL survivors...
- Molecular diagnosis of primary mediastinal B cell lymphoma identifies a clinically favorable subgroup of diffuse large B cell lymphoma related to Hodgkin lymphomaAndreas Rosenwald
Metabolism Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Exp Med 198:851-62. 2003..The molecular diagnosis of PMBL should significantly aid in the development of therapies tailored to this clinically and pathogenetically distinctive subgroup of DLBCL...
- Radiation dose-volume effects in the heartGiovanna Gagliardi
Department of Medical Physics, Karolinska University Hospital and Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 76:S77-85. 2010..The existing dose-volume data is presented, as well as suggestions for future investigations to better define radiation-induced cardiac injury...
- Epstein-Barr virus-associated Hodgkin's disease: epidemiologic characteristics in international dataS L Glaser
Northern California Cancer Center, Union City, CA, USA
Int J Cancer 70:375-82. 1997..The data augment biologic evidence that EBV is actively involved in HD pathogenesis in some cases but describe epidemiologic complexity in this process...
- Constitutive activation of phosphatidyl-inositide 3 kinase contributes to the survival of Hodgkin's lymphoma cells through a mechanism involving Akt kinase and mTORAmanda Dutton
Department of Pathology, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
J Pathol 205:498-506. 2005..However, rapamycin and doxorubicin acted synergistically to reduce HL cell survival. A combination of rapamycin and chemotherapy should be investigated in the treatment of HL...
- A Phase II trial of the oral mTOR inhibitor everolimus in relapsed Hodgkin lymphomaPatrick B Johnston
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Hematol 85:320-4. 2010..Four patients experienced a Grade 3 or higher pulmonary toxicity. Everolimus has single-agent activity in relapsed/refractory HL and provides proof-of-concept that targeting the mTOR pathway in HL is clinically relevant...
- Searching for evidence of disease and malignant cell contamination in ovarian tissue stored from hematologic cancer patientsDror Meirow
IVF Unit, Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Hum Reprod 23:1007-13. 2008..Methods to exclude presence of cancer cells were used to improve the safety of cryopreservation-reimplantation procedures...
- Second malignancy after Hodgkin disease treated with radiation therapy with or without chemotherapy: long-term risks and risk factorsAndrea K Ng
Department of Radiation Oncology and the Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 100:1989-96. 2002The excess risk of second malignancy after Hodgkin disease is an increasing problem. In light of the long-term data, guidelines for follow-up of survivors of Hodgkin disease need to be redefined...
- High-dose therapy and autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation as salvage treatment for AIDS-related lymphoma: long-term results of the Italian Cooperative Group on AIDS and Tumors (GICAT) study with analysis of prognostic factorsAlessandro Re
Division of Hematology, Spedali Civili di Brescia, Brescia, Italy
Blood 114:1306-13. 2009..It seems rational to explore its use earlier during the course of lymphoma to increase the proportion of patients who can actually receive transplant...
- Expression of the c-met proto-oncogene and its ligand, hepatocyte growth factor, in Hodgkin diseaseL Teofili
Institutes of Hematology, Infectious Diseases, and Pathology, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
Blood 97:1063-9. 2001..Recently, c-MET was detected in Reed-Sternberg (RS) cells from Epstein-Barr virus-positive (EBV(+)) Hodgkin disease (HD)...
- Phase 2 study of gemcitabine in combination with rituximab in patients with recurrent or refractory Hodgkin lymphomaYasuhiro Oki
Department of Lymphoma and Myeloma, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 112:831-6. 2008..The objective of this phase 2 trial was to investigate the activity of gemcitabine in combination with rituximab in patients with recurring or refractory HL...
- HLA-A alleles and infectious mononucleosis suggest a critical role for cytotoxic T-cell response in EBV-related Hodgkin lymphomaHenrik Hjalgrim
Department of Epidemiology Research, Statens Serum Institut, DK 23005, Copenhagen, Denmark
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:6400-5. 2010..Our findings suggest that HLA class I-restricted EBV-specific cytotoxic T-cell responses and events in the early immune response to EBV infection in IM play critical roles in the pathogenesis of EBV-related HL...
- Standard and increased-dose BEACOPP chemotherapy compared with COPP-ABVD for advanced Hodgkin's diseaseVolker Diehl
First Department of Internal Medicine, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
N Engl J Med 348:2386-95. 2003..Faced with unsatisfactory results of treatment for advanced Hodgkin's disease, we investigated three combinations of chemotherapy...
- Immunosuppressive regulatory T cells are abundant in the reactive lymphocytes of Hodgkin lymphomaNeil A Marshall
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Blood 103:1755-62. 2004..Thus, HLILs are highly enriched for regulatory T cells, which induce a profoundly immunosuppressive environment and so provide an explanation for the ineffective immune clearance of Hodgkin-Reed Sternberg cells...
- Epstein-Barr virus as a marker of survival after Hodgkin's lymphoma: a population-based studyTheresa H M Keegan
Northern California Cancer Center, 2201 Walnut Ave, Ste 300, Fremont, CA 94538 2334, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:7604-13. 2005..This study assessed survival after HL in a population-based cohort large enough to examine the joint effects of EBV with other factors including age, sex, and histologic subtype...
- Occupational exposure to pesticides and lymphoid neoplasms among men: results of a French case-control studyL Orsi
INSERM U, Villejuif, France
Occup Environ Med 66:291-8. 2009..Investigating the relationship between occupational exposure to pesticides and the risk of lymphoid neoplasms (LNs) in men...
- Occupational exposure to solvents and risk of lymphoma subtypes: results from the Epilymph case-control studyP Cocco
Department of Public Health, Occupational Health Section, University of Cagliari, Asse Didattico Policlinico Universitario, SS 554, Km 4, 500, 09042 Monserrato Cagliari, Italy
Occup Environ Med 67:341-7. 2010..Objective To investigate the role of occupational exposure to organic solvents in the aetiology of B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (B-NHL) and its major subtypes, as well as Hodgkin's lymphoma and T-cell lymphoma...
- Activated Notch1 signaling promotes tumor cell proliferation and survival in Hodgkin and anaplastic large cell lymphomaFranziska Jundt
Charite, Robert Rossle Klinik, Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany
Blood 99:3398-403. 2002..Thus, our data suggest that activated Notch1 signaling plays an important role in the pathobiology of Hodgkin and anaplastic large cell lymphoma and that it might be a potential new target for treatment...
- Long-term cause-specific mortality of patients treated for Hodgkin's diseaseBerthe M P Aleman
Department of Epidemiology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 21:3431-9. 2003..To assess long-term cause-specific mortality of young Hodgkin's disease (HD) patients...
- Expression of histone deacetylases in lymphoma: implication for the development of selective inhibitorsAnnunziata Gloghini
Department of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Milan, Italy
Br J Haematol 147:515-25. 2009..Collectively, our data demonstrate that HDAC6 is rarely expressed in primary lymphoma cases, suggesting that it may not be an important therapeutic target in these lymphoid malignancies...
- Cumulative absolute breast cancer risk for young women treated for Hodgkin lymphomaLois B Travis
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:1428-37. 2005..We estimated this future risk, taking into account age and calendar year of HL diagnosis, HL treatment information, population breast cancer incidence rates, and competing causes of death...
- Contribution of the Epstein Barr virus to the molecular pathogenesis of Hodgkin lymphomaG Kapatai
The Cancer Research UK Institute for Cancer Studies, Medical School, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
J Clin Pathol 60:1342-9. 2007..This review summarises current knowledge of the pathogenesis of HL with particular emphasis on the association with EBV...
- Idiopathic cholestasis as a paraneoplastic phenomenon in Hodgkin's lymphomaStefan K Barta
Department of Medicine, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY, USA
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma 7:77-82. 2006..There is no established approach to the management of paraneoplastic cholestasis. We postulate that single-modality radiation therapy alone should be considered a valid treatment alternative in early-stage HL with idiopathic cholestasis...
- Analyzing primary Hodgkin and Reed-Sternberg cells to capture the molecular and cellular pathogenesis of classical Hodgkin lymphomaEnrico Tiacci
Institute of Cell Biology Cancer Research, University of Duisburg Essen Medical School, Essen, Germany
Blood 120:4609-20. 2012..Finally, HRS cells display deregulated expression of several genes potentially highly relevant to lymphoma pathogenesis, including silencing of the apoptosis-inducer BIK and of INPP5D, an inhibitor of the PI3K-driven oncogenic pathway...
- Hodgkin's disease in an elderly patient with B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemiaDilsen Colak
Baskent University Faculty of Medicine Department of Medical Oncology and FNx01Pathology, Ankara, Turkey
Indian J Cancer 42:158-60. 2005..CLL patients are also at a significantly increased risk of developing a second malignant neoplasm later in life. One of the most common of these is HD. Herein, we report a case of HD in an elderly man with a history of B-cell CLL...
- Serious pulmonary toxicity in patients with Hodgkin's lymphoma with SGN-30, gemcitabine, vinorelbine, and liposomal doxorubicin is associated with an FcγRIIIa-158 V/F polymorphismK A Blum
Division of Hematology Oncology, The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, OH, USA
Ann Oncol 21:2246-54. 2010....
- Histone deacetylase inhibition restores cisplatin sensitivity of Hodgkin's lymphoma cellsStefanie Kewitz
Department of Pediatrics, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle, Germany
Leuk Res 36:773-8. 2012..Vorinostat also increased sensitivity for cisplatin. Our data suggest that the combination of vorinostat and chemotherapy might be an interesting option for patients with chemoresistant HL...
- High-dose therapy and autologous hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation does not increase the risk of second neoplasms for patients with Hodgkin's lymphoma: a comparison of conventional therapy alone versus conventional therapy followed by autologous hemDonna L Forrest
Leukemia Bone Marrow Transplant Program of British Columbia, Canada
J Clin Oncol 23:7994-8002. 2005....
- Hodgkin's lymphoma RNA-transfected dendritic cells induce cancer/testis antigen-specific immune responsesCarolin Winkler
Department of Pediatrics, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Ernst Grube Str 40, 06097 Halle, Germany
Cancer Immunol Immunother 61:1769-79. 2012..After stimulation of PBMC with RNA-transfected DC, we detected PRAME-reactive T cells. PRAME and other HL-associated CTA might be targets for HL-specific immune therapy or for the monitoring of HL-directed immune responses...
- Common and differential chemokine expression patterns in rs cells of NLP, EBV positive and negative classical Hodgkin lymphomasEwerton M Maggio
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University Hospital Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Int J Cancer 99:665-72. 2002..The results indicate that RS cells produce a complex pattern of chemokines that are involved in the recruitment of reactive cells and contribute to the paradox of an extensive but ineffective host immune response...
- Refined prognostic role of CD68-positive tumor macrophages in the context of the cellular micromilieu of classical Hodgkin lymphomaAlexandar Tzankov
Department of Pathology, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Pathobiology 77:301-8. 2010..Recently, the number of CD68-positive macrophages was correlated with adverse survival in HL, and there was a call to validate these results...
- Late valvular and other cardiac diseases after different doses of mediastinal radiotherapy for Hodgkin disease in children and adolescents: report from the longitudinal GPOH follow-up project of the German-Austrian DAL-HD studiesGünther Schellong
Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, University Hospital Munster, Munster, Germany
Pediatr Blood Cancer 55:1145-52. 2010To analyze the impact of mediastinal irradiation on the incidence of cardiac late effects in long-term survivors of pediatric Hodgkin disease (HD).
- Procarbazine-free OEPA-COPDAC chemotherapy in boys and standard OPPA-COPP in girls have comparable effectiveness in pediatric Hodgkin's lymphoma: the GPOH-HD-2002 studyChristine Mauz-Körholz
Department of Paediatrics, Martin Luther University of Halle Wittenberg, Halle, Germany
J Clin Oncol 28:3680-6. 2010....
- Role of immunoexpression of nitric oxide synthases by Hodgkin and Reed-Sternberg cells on apoptosis deregulation and on clinical outcome of classical Hodgkin lymphomaAntônio H J F M Campos
Department of Pathology, A C Camargo Cancer Treatment and Research Center, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Mol Cell Biochem 321:95-102. 2009..Inverse correlations were established between EBV and NOS2 and between EBV and bcl-2. A shorter overall survival (OS) was associated with strong expression of NOS2. In conclusion, NOS are expressed by H-RS cells of cHL...
- HIV-1-related Hodgkin lymphoma in the era of combination antiretroviral therapy: incidence and evolution of CD4⁺ T-cell lymphocytesJulia Bohlius
Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Blood 117:6100-8. 2011..0001). The incidence of HL is not reduced by cART, and patients whose CD4 cell counts decline despite suppression of HIV-1 replication on cART may harbor HL...
- Immunotherapy of CD30-expressing lymphoma using a highly stable ssDNA aptamerParag Parekh
Department of Pathology and Genomic Medicine, Houston Methodist Hospital, 6565 Fannin St, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Biomaterials 34:8909-17. 2013..Immunotherapy using aptamer-based co-stimulation provides an alternative to antibodies, and has potential to transform cancer treatment. ..
- Dosimetric predictors of asymptomatic heart valvular dysfunction following mediastinal irradiation for Hodgkin's lymphomaLaura Cella
Institute of Biostructure and Bioimaging, National Research Council of Italy, Naples, Italy
Radiother Oncol 101:316-21. 2011..To identify dose-heart-volume constraints that correlate with the risk of developing asymptomatic valvular defects (VD) in Hodgkin's lymphoma (HL) patients treated with three-dimensional radiotherapy (RT)...
- Hodgkin lymphoma-related vanishing bile duct syndrome and idiopathic cholestasis: statistical analysis of all published cases and literature reviewAri Ballonoff
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Colorado, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Aurora, CO 80045 0510, USA
Acta Oncol 47:962-70. 2008..The available literature consists primarily of case reports, resulting in little clarity as to the clinical course and ideal treatment for this disease...
- Vanishing bile duct syndrome and Hodgkin disease: a case series and review of the literatureAmy Kun Pass
Texas Children s Cancer Center, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 30:976-80. 2008..the first description in which the diagnosis of vanishing bile duct syndrome (VBDS) preceded the diagnosis of Hodgkin disease (HD) by several months, and for which patients received modifications to modern MOPP-ABV chemotherapy with ..
- Effective dose reduction to cardiac structures using protons compared with 3DCRT and IMRT in mediastinal Hodgkin lymphomaBradford S Hoppe
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Florida Proton Therapy Institute, Jacksonville, FL 32206, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 84:449-55. 2012..We investigated the dosimetric impact of proton therapy (PT) on various cardiac subunits in patients with Hodgkin lymphoma (HL)...
- Fatigue in long-term Hodgkin's Disease survivors: a follow-up studyMarianne J Hjermstad
Department of Oncology, Ulleval University Hospital HF, KSLB, 0407 Oslo, Norway
J Clin Oncol 23:6587-95. 2005..To describe total fatigue (TF) and chronic fatigue (CF) in 476 long-term Hodgkin's disease survivors (HDSs). The development in CF over time was explored in 280 of the patients who had also been assessed 8 years earlier...
- Assessment of male fertility in patients with Hodgkin's lymphoma treated in the German Hodgkin Study Group (GHSG) clinical trialsM Sieniawski
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Ann Oncol 19:1795-801. 2008..Infertility is one of the most significant side-effects in long-term survivors of successfully treated Hodgkin's lymphoma (HL)...
- Proposed classification of lymphoid neoplasms for epidemiologic research from the Pathology Working Group of the International Lymphoma Epidemiology Consortium (InterLymph)Lindsay M Morton
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Blood 110:695-708. 2007....
- Fertility in young women after chemotherapy with alkylating agents for Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphomasPatricia Franchi-Rezgui
Service d Hémato Oncologie, Hôpital Saint Louis AP HP, Paris, France
Hematol J 4:116-20. 2003..Owing to improved lymphoma cure rates, preserving fertility has received attention...
- Cell cycle and apoptosis deregulation in classical Hodgkin lymphomasMaria Bai
Department of Pathology, Medical Faculty, University of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece
In Vivo 19:439-53. 2005..The present review summarizes data with respect to the cell cycle and apoptosis deregulation in cHL...
- Treatment-related risk factors for premature menopause following Hodgkin lymphomaMarie L De Bruin
Department of Epidemiology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
Blood 111:101-8. 2008..As long as alkylating agents will be used for curing HL, premature menopause will remain a frequent adverse treatment effect, with various clinical implications...
- Improving the therapeutic ratio in Hodgkin lymphoma through the use of proton therapyBradford S Hoppe
University of Florida Proton Therapy Institute, Jacksonville, Florida 32206, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 26:456-9, 462-5. 2012..This review addresses the rationale and evidence for--and the challenges, cost implications, and future development of--PT as an important part of the treatment strategy in HL...
- HIV-associated Hodgkin lymphomaAntonino Carbone
Department of Pathology, Fondazione IRCCS, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Curr Opin HIV AIDS 4:3-10. 2009..The focus of this review is on the current knowledge on epidemiology, pathology and treatment of HIV-associated Hodgkin lymphoma (HIV-HL)...
- Phase I/II study of an anti-CD30 monoclonal antibody (MDX-060) in Hodgkin's lymphoma and anaplastic large-cell lymphomaStephen M Ansell
Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic School of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:2764-9. 2007..To determine the safety, maximum-tolerated dose (MTD), and efficacy of MDX-060 in patients with relapsed or refractory CD30+ lymphomas, sequential phase I and II studies were performed...
- Breast cancer after childhood cancer: a report from the Childhood Cancer Survivor StudyLisa B Kenney
Children s Hospital and Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Ann Intern Med 141:590-7. 2004..Survivors of childhood cancer are at risk for secondary breast cancer. Other than previous chest radiation therapy, risk factors for secondary breast cancer have not been established...
- Late effects in the era of modern therapy for Hodgkin lymphomaDavid C Hodgson
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program 2011:323-9. 2011....
- Novel treatment strategies for patients with relapsed classical Hodgkin lymphomaAdam Jona
Department of Lymphoma Myeloma, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, United States
Blood Rev 24:233-8. 2010..This review will focus on emerging new treatment modalities that are currently under investigation for patients with relapsed classical HL...
- A phase 2 multicenter study of lenalidomide in relapsed or refractory classical Hodgkin lymphomaTodd A Fehniger
Division of Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Blood 118:5119-25. 2011..This trial is registered at www.ClinicalTrials.gov as NCT00540007...
- High ERp5/ADAM10 expression in lymph node microenvironment and impaired NKG2D ligands recognition in Hodgkin lymphomasMaria Raffaella Zocchi
Division of Immunology, Transplants and Infectious Diseases, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina 60, Milan, Italy
Blood 119:1479-89. 2012..Thus, in cHL the tumor microenvironment is prone to inhibit the development of an efficient antitumor response...
- t(4;8)(q27;q24) in Hodgkin lymphoma cells targets phosphodiesterase PDE5A and homeobox gene ZHX2Stefan Nagel
Department of Human and Animal Cell Lines, DSMZ German Collection of Microorganisms and Cell Cultures, Inhoffenstr 7B, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 50:996-1009. 2011..Taken together, we have identified a novel aberration with recurrent breakpoints in HL, t(4;8)(q27;q24), which activate PDE5A and repress ZHX2, deregulating apoptosis, differentiation, and STAT1-signaling in HL cells...
- Involved-node and involved-field volumetric modulated arc vs. fixed beam intensity-modulated radiotherapy for female patients with early-stage supra-diaphragmatic Hodgkin lymphoma: a comparative planning studyDamien C Weber
Department of Radiation Oncology, Geneva University Hospital, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 75:1578-86. 2009..A comparative treatment planning study was performed to compare volumetric-modulated arc (RA) to conventional intensity modulated (IMRT) for involved-field (IFRT) and involved-node (INRT) radiotherapy for Hodgkin lymphoma (HL)...
- TiA1 in advanced-stage classical Hodgkin's lymphoma: no prognostic impact for positive tumour cells or number of cytotoxic cellsSophie Camilleri-Broet
Service Central d Anatomie et de Cytologie Pathologiques, Hotel Dieu 1, Place du Parvis Notre Dame, 75181, Paris Cedex 04, France
Virchows Arch 445:344-6. 2004..In stage-IIIB/IV disease, neither TiA1 expression by RS cells nor a high percentage of TiA1-positive reactive lymphocytes have a prognostic impact on outcome...
- Pathobiology of classical Hodgkin lymphomaAlexandar Tzankov
Institute of Pathology, Medical University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Pathobiology 73:107-25. 2006..HRSC are further characterized by profound cell cycle deregulation with futile replication, multinucleation and poly- and aneuploidy. Here, we review pathobiological aspects of cHL with respect to lymphomagenesis and routine diagnostics...
- XRCC1 and glutathione-S-transferase gene polymorphisms and susceptibility to radiotherapy-related malignancies in survivors of Hodgkin diseaseAnn C Mertens
Division of Pediatric Epidemiology and Clinical Research, Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
Cancer 101:1463-72. 2004..Survivors of Hodgkin disease (HD), in particular, have been shown to be at high risk of subsequent malignancy, the occurrence of which has ..
- HDAC11 plays an essential role in regulating OX40 ligand expression in Hodgkin lymphomaDaniela Buglio
Departments of Lymphoma and Myeloma, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Blood 117:2910-7. 2011..These results demonstrate for the first time that HDAC11 plays an essential role in regulating OX40L expression. Pharmacologic inhibition of HDAC11 may produce a favorable antitumor immune response in patients with HL...
- The human leukocyte antigen class I region is associated with EBV-positive Hodgkin's lymphoma: HLA-A and HLA complex group 9 are putative candidate genesMarijke Niens
Department of Medical Genetics, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:2280-4. 2006..HLA-A represents the most interesting target because of its consistent expression in EBV-positive Hodgkin's lymphoma cases and its ability to present EBV-derived peptides to cytotoxic T cells...
- Chemokines, cytokines and their receptors in Hodgkin's lymphoma cell lines and tissuesE Maggio
Department of Pathology, University Hospital of Groningen, The Netherlands
Ann Oncol 13:52-6. 2002..These molecules with specific receptor affinities contribute, for example by attracting TH2-like T cells, to the maintenance of a favorable environment for survival of RS cells...
- Epstein Barr virus specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes expressing the anti-CD30zeta artificial chimeric T-cell receptor for immunotherapy of Hodgkin diseaseBarbara Savoldo
Center for Cell and Gene Therapy, Baylor College of Medicine, The Methodist Hospital and Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Blood 110:2620-30. 2007..EBV-CTLs expressing both a native and a chimeric antigen receptor may therefore have added value for treatment of HD...
- Molecular pathogenesis of Hodgkin's lymphoma: increasing evidence of the importance of the microenvironmentChristian Steidl
Department of Pathology and Experimental Therapeutics, British Columbia Cancer Agency, 675 West 10th Ave, Room 5 113, Vancouver, BC V5Z 1L3, Canada
J Clin Oncol 29:1812-26. 2011....
- FDG PET/CT of extranodal involvement in non-Hodgkin lymphoma and Hodgkin diseaseFabio M Paes
Department of Radiology, Division of Nuclear Medicine, Jackson Memorial Hospital, University of Miami and Miller School of Medicine, 1080 NW 19th Street, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Radiographics 30:269-91. 2010..The prevalence of extranodal involvement in non-Hodgkin lymphoma and Hodgkin disease has increased in the past decade...
- Adenoviral vectors to target cellsPatricia Yotnda; Fiscal Year: 2006..As our model we will use CTL targeted to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), since this virus contributes both to Hodgkin Disease and to immunoblastic lymphomas in the immunocompromised host...
- Environmental exposure: Susceptibility alleles in a DNA damage response pathwayPeter J Stambrook; Fiscal Year: 2013..The first cohort consists of patients who as children were treated with radiation for Hodgkin disease and years later developed breast cancer...
- Genetic and Proteomic Analysis of Epstein-Barr Virus LMP1 Activation of NF-kBBENJAMIN ELISON GEWURZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..by applicant): The Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) is an oncogenic gamma-herpesvirus that is associated with Hodgkin disease and anaplasmic nasopharyngeal carcinoma...
- Stanford University Cancer CenterBEVERLY SHRIVER MITCHELL; Fiscal Year: 2013..Biology, Cancer Stem Cells, Cancer Imaging and Early Detection, Molecular Therapeutics, Lymphoma and Hodgkin Disease, Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy, Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation and Immune Reconstitution, Cancer ..
- SEVENTEENTH INTERNATIONAL HERPESVIRUS WORKSHOPS Hayward; Fiscal Year: 1992....
- Health Outcomes for Hodgkin Disease SurvivorsDebra Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2007DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Survival from pediatric Hodgkin disease now exceeds 85%, resulting in a growing cohort of survivors who are at risk for adverse long-term health-related outcomes...
- EIGHTEENTH INTERNATIONAL HERPES VIRUS MEETINGJoseph Glorioso; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- Chimeric T Cell for Therpay of Hodgkin DiseaseBarbara Savoldo; Fiscal Year: 2012..to Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) antigens has produced complete tumor responses in patients with EBV associated Hodgkin disease (HD) without toxicity. Many HD tumors, however, are EBV antigen negative...
- Race-Specific Occupational Risk Factors for CancerNATHANIEL BRIGGS; Fiscal Year: 2004..Cancers Study (SCS) to investigate race-specific occupational risk factors for non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL), Hodgkin disease (HD), and soft tissue sarcoma (STS). The SCS was a large U.S...
- RELIABILITY OF EBV DETECTION IN HODGKINS DISEASE TUMORSSally Glaser; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- BREAST CANCER PREVENTION IN HODGKINS DISEASEJudy Garber; Fiscal Year: 2002..We will also evaluate mammographic density as a potential intermediate endpoint that might permit more rapid completion of a randomized study. ..
- Improving Function and Persistence of Chimeric T CellsBarbara Savoldo; Fiscal Year: 2006..Using the Hodgkin Disease model and T cells redirected against the CD30 molecule that is specifically expressed by this tumor we ..
- METHOD FOR DETECTING EPSTEIN BARR VIRUS INFECTED CELLSPAUL DURDA; Fiscal Year: 1999..Clinical diagnostics represents a $ 1.0 billion market by the year 2000. ..
- XV INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM COMPARATIVE LEUKEMIA RESEARCHDAVID YOHN; Fiscal Year: 1991..Special sessions will address New Mechanisms of Leukemogenesis and CNS Involvement in Leukemia and Lymphoma. The final day will be held at the Cini Foundation in Venice with the final session devoted to a round-table discussion...
- CANCER AND LEUKEMIA GROUP BJoseph Drabick; Fiscal Year: 2002..Dr. Diehl is the Study Chair of the next phase III intergroup trial in stage I/II Hodgkin Disease. Dr. Byrd is chairing the next CALGB phase II/III trial in chronic lymphocytic leukemia...
- VIRAL ETIOLOGY OF HODGKINS DISEASENancy Mueller; Fiscal Year: 2005..The program brings together an experienced multi- disciplinary group of investigators; by working together we should gain insight into the etiology of HD. ..
- Interplay between Pax5 and Myc in B-lymphomagenesisAndrei Thomas Tikhonenko; Fiscal Year: 2006..In other types of non-Hodgkin disease (diffuse large cell and Burkitt lymphomas), Pax5 is often co-expressed along with Myc, a confirmed oncogene...
- SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION BY THE EBV TRANSFORMING PROTEIN LMP1George Mosialos; Fiscal Year: 1999..LMP1 mutants that are compromised in their interactions with the TRAF proteins will be tested for their transforming properties. Downstream effectors of the TRAF signalling pathway will be identified using the yeast two hybrid. ..
- PEDIATRIC ONCOLOGY GROUP MEMBERSHIPCindy Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2002..With the limited numbers of children admitted with any single oncologic diagnosis to an individual institution, it is clear that cooperative clinical research is required if significant advances are to be made. ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF EBV DEFINED HODGKINS DISEASESally Glaser; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- Molecular Profile of Secondary Breast CancerBELINDA MANDRELL; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Adolescents diagnosed with Hodgkin disease (HD) usually have an excellent clinical outcome; however, therapy is related to late sequela...
- Therapeutic Vaccine for EBV-associated Hodgkins DiseaseRajiv Khanna; Fiscal Year: 2005..The long-term aim of this project is to develop a rational basis for the delivery of a curative EBV-specific CTL immunity to not only in HIV patients with HD patients but also for non-HIV HD. ..
- Clinical Activity of 17-AAG in LymphomaAnas Younes; Fiscal Year: 2007..In Aim 3 we will correlate the biologic effects of 17-AAG and clinical response in patients with relapsed MCL, ALCL, and HL. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Body size, physical activity, and Hodgkin's disease riskSally Glaser; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- BLys inhibition using TACI-Fc in patients with B-bell non-Hodgkins' LymphomaStephen Ansell; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Ethnic Differences in Survival after Childhood ALLSmita Bhatia; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT (BMT) SURVIVORS STUDYSmita Bhatia; Fiscal Year: 2003..g., second cancers, births, cardiac complications, etc.) that may have occurred since the completion of the initial questionnaire. ..
- Real-time Minimal Residual Disease assay of Pediatric B-Cell Non-Hodgkin LymphomaBruce Shiramizu; Fiscal Year: 2007..The assay developed by this exploratory proposal could be incorporated into pediatric B-cell NHL studies to assess MRD on therapy or to assess the efficacy of innovative therapies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The impact of the built environment on the risk of breast cancerTHERESA KEEGAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cytokine Polymorphisms and Hodgkin Lymphoma RiskWendy Cozen; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study is important since it may will lead to identification of causal genetic factors which may offer alternative therapeutic strategies or prevention. ..
- HIV-1 Proviral DNA and Monocyte Phenotype in Relation to Neurocognitive FunctionBruce T Shiramizu; Fiscal Year: 2010..This resource-rich team is well-positioned to conduct this investigation into the pathogenesis of HAD. ..
- RISK FACTORS FOR YOUNG ADULT HODGKIN'S DISEASE IN TWINSWendy Cozen; Fiscal Year: 2004..6 and as high as 2.0 at 80% power. A matched case-control analysis will be performed using multivariate logistic regression in SAS. ..
- Activated Immune Parameters Associated with HIV & AgingBruce Shiramizu; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Socioeconomic Disparities in Survival After Hodgkin Lym*THERESA KEEGAN; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Risk Factors for Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma in TwinsWendy Cozen; Fiscal Year: 2006..6 and as high as 1.8. A matched case-control analysis using SAS will be performed using multivariate logistic regression. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HEPATITIS C IN CHILDHOOD CANCER SURVIVORSMelissa Hudson; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- LSRII Four Laser Analytical Flow CytometerDavid Thorley Lawson; Fiscal Year: 2006..This renders the acquisition of a new LSR II essential, if we are to meet the flow cytometry needs, both in time and available technology, for the community of NIH funded researchers at TUSM and T-NEMC. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Proapoptotic Therapy for B-cell Non Hodgkin's LymphomaAjay Gopal; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Aspirin use, genetic variation in aspirin related-genes, and Hodgkin lymphoma risEllen Chang; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Computer Simulation of Epstein Barr Virus InfectionDavid Thorley Lawson; Fiscal Year: 2009..e. cure) of the virus is realistic or even possible. ..
- PROJECT ALLIFE-EXERCISE AND LEUKEMIA SURVIVORSKevin Oeffinger; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study will represent the first clinical trial aimed at increasing physical activity in leukemia survivors and will advance our understanding of this vulnerable population. ..
- PREMATURE MENOPAUSE IN SURVIVORS OF CHILDHOOD CANCERCharles Sklar; Fiscal Year: 2002..The large size of the study population, the heterogeneity of diagnoses and exposures, combined with the extensive treatment data, will allow assessment of interaction between the major risk factors of interest. ..
- Monoclonal Antibody Therapy for Follicular LymphomaJonathan Friedberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- OPTIMIZING RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY FOR NON HODGKIN'S LYMPHOMAAjay Gopal; Fiscal Year: 2005..We anticipate that these interventions will ultimately enhance the prognosis for patients with relapsed lymphoma by increasing the response and survival rates, while simultaneously minimizing toxicities. ..
- Diet and Risk of Ovarian CancerEllen Chang; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of the proposed analyses will provide further understanding of the etiology of ovarian cancer. ..
- Mammography and High-Risk Survivors of Pediatric CancerKevin Oeffinger; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Radioimmunotherapy: An Anti-Neoplastic StrategyAndres Forero; Fiscal Year: 2006..The follow-up trial will be a phase II study to determine the efficacy of 131I-HuCC49ACH2 in resistant/refractory EOC patients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Parenthood after CancerLeslie Schover; Fiscal Year: 2004..In the second quarter of 2005 a working group of around 20 will meet to draft a manuscript on proposed clinical guidelines on reproduction and cancer, for submission to a relevant, peer-reviewed journal. ..
- Society for Integrative OncologyBarrie Cassileth; Fiscal Year: 2004..This application requests support from NIH to cover costs that remain after anticipated organizational/donor support and registration fees are taken into account. ..
- Integrative Oncology Research Training Program at MSKCCBarrie Cassileth; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Reciprocal regulation of SDF-1 between marrow and lung during acute lung injuryBenjamin T Suratt; Fiscal Year: 2010..The studies we propose are expected to improve our limited understanding of this phase of ALI, and could eventually lead to improved therapies for a condition that continues to be all too often fatal. ..
- 11th & 12th Conference on Cancer Therapy with Antibodies and ImmunoconjugatesDavid Goldenberg; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Acupuncture Treatment of Chronic Pain in Pancreatic CaBarrie Cassileth; Fiscal Year: 2002..Otherwise, an additional 19 patients will be accrued. A Phase III trial will be deemed warranted if there are 6 or more responses in total; this is consistent with a 30 percent response rate. ..
- Mistargeting of Elastase in Bone Marrow FailureMarshall Horwitz; Fiscal Year: 2008..1 Determine if ELA2 promoter variation contributes to neutropenia; 3.2 Measure the frequency of the ELA2 C-199A allele in individuals of African descent with benign ethnic neutropenia; 3.3 Identify new neutropenia genes. ..
- Molecular Biomarkers as Predictors of Hodgkin's DiseaseRanda El Zein; Fiscal Year: 2007..The high risk population can be targeted for intensive preventive and early detection strategies. ..
- MINORITY BASED COMMUNITY CLINICAL ONCOLOGY PROGRAMPeter Wiernik; Fiscal Year: 2006..Efforts in screening and prevention intervention will be facilitated through the Community Outreach program and Community Council. ..
- CAR PROTEIN AND AUTO IMMUNITYRobert Finberg; Fiscal Year: 2002..We plan to define the role of this protein in the induction of auto-immune disease and use transgenic and knock-out mice to define the mechanisms by which viruses stimulate autoimmune responses. ..
- Religion and Cancer-Related Behaviors In Black AmericansCheryl Holt; Fiscal Year: 2009..RS has great potential for use in the development of more effective cancer communication interventions for African Americans. ..