Genomes and Genes
Summary: An adenoma containing fibrous tissue. It should be differentiated from ADENOFIBROMA which is a tumor composed of connective tissue (fibroma) containing glandular (adeno-) structures. (From Dorland, 27th ed)
Publications263 found, 100 shown here
- Fibroadenoma of the breastN Houssami
Sydney Square Breast Clinic, NSW, Medical Benefits Fund of Australia
Med J Aust 174:185-8. 2001b>Fibroadenoma of the breast is a common cause of a benign breast lump in premenopausal women. The consensus view is that women with fibroadenomas are not at significant increased risk of developing breast cancer...
- Histopathology of fibroadenoma of the breastA Kuijper
Departments of Pathology, Free University Hospital, PO Box 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Clin Pathol 115:736-42. 2001..Hyperplasia (excluding mild hyperplasia) within the fibroadenoma was found in 32.3% of cases. Carcinoma in situ (CIS; 5 ductal, 3 lobular) was found in 8 fibroadenomas (2...
- Pseudoangiomatous stromal hyperplasia of the breast-cytological features of two cases and review of literatureManju Aron
Department of Pathology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 48:260-4. 2005..case was diagnosed as a phyllodes tumor and the other case as a benign proliferative breast disease, possibly a fibroadenoma. A review of the published literature on cytology of PASH shows the morphological variations that can exist in ..
- DNA methylation profiling of phyllodes and fibroadenoma tumours of the breastKatie T Huang
Molecular Pathology Research and Development Laboratory, Department of Pathology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne, Vic, 3002, Australia
Breast Cancer Res Treat 124:555-65. 2010..001). In conclusion, assessment of methylation of RASSF1A and TWIST1 may aid in the diagnosis of phyllodes tumours. The absence of frequent methylation in fibroadenomas supports a non-neoplastic origin...
- Influence of thyroid hormone receptors on breast cancer cell proliferationI Conde
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, University of Alcala, 28871 Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
Ann Oncol 17:60-4. 2006..Therefore, the objective of the present study was to determine the protein expression pattern of thyroid hormone receptors in different human breast pathologies and to evaluate their possible relationship with cellular proliferation...
- A multi-center prospective cohort study of benign breast disease and risk of subsequent breast cancerGeoffrey C Kabat
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, 10461, USA
Cancer Causes Control 21:821-8. 2010....
- Infarcted fibroadenoma of the breast: report of two new cases with review of the literatureFaruk Skenderi
Department of Pathology, Clinical Center of the University of Sarajevo, Bolnicka 25, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Diagn Pathol 8:38. 2013..Infarction can exceptionally occur as a complication of previous fine-needle aspiration biopsy or during lactation and pregnancy...
- Changes in glycosaminoglycans and proteoglycans of normal breast and fibroadenoma during the menstrual cycleCilene Rebouças de Lima
Disciplina de Biologia Molecular, Departamento de Bioquimica, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Biochim Biophys Acta 1820:1009-19. 2012b>Fibroadenoma is the most common breast tumor in young women, and its growth and metabolism may be under hormonal control...
- Lesions of anogenital mammary-like glands: an updateDmitry V Kazakov
Sikl s Department of Pathology, Charles University Medical Faculty Hospital, Alej Svobody 80, Pilsen, Czech Republic
Adv Anat Pathol 18:1-28. 2011..This will enable their recognition, precise classification and should introduce greater uniformity in how they are reported in the literature so that more meaningful clinicopathological comparisons and correlations may be made...
- Malignant transformation of a breast fibroadenoma to cystosarcoma phyllodes: case report and review of the literatureEdna K Valdes
Louis Venet Comprehensive Breast Service, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
Am Surg 71:348-53. 2005
- Breast lesions: evaluation with dynamic contrast-enhanced T1-weighted MR imaging and with T2*-weighted first-pass perfusion MR imagingK A Kvistad
MR Center, Medical Division, Trondheim University Hospital, N 7006, Trondheim, Norway
Radiology 216:545-53. 2000....
- An incidental case of breast cysticercosis associated with fibroadenomaS P Sah
Department of Pathology, BP Koirala Institute of Health Science, Dharan, Nepal
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 44:59-61. 2001..Only a few cases have been described in the literature. We report a case of cysticercosis perched on fibroadenoma of breast found on surgical excision in a 35 year old Nepali woman...
- First case of transformation for breast fibroadenoma to high-grade malignant phyllodes tumor in an in vitro fertilization patient: misdiagnosis of recurrence, treatment and review of the literatureA Pacchiarotti
Department of Obstetric Gynecological and Urological Sciences, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 17:2495-8. 2013..Cystosarcoma phyllodes are very rare tumors and may be difficult to diagnose clinically...
- Juvenile fibroadenoma in 13-month-old female childY S Jung
J Paediatr Child Health 41:78-9. 2005
- Diagnostic difficulties in spontaneous infarction of a fibroadenoma in an adolescent: case reportKamayani M Deshpande
Department of Pathology, Government Medical College, Nagpur, Maharashtra, India
Diagn Cytopathol 26:26-8. 2002Spontaneous infarction is an uncommon complication occurring in fibroadenoma of the breast...
- Ectopic breast fibroadenoma of the vulvaElliott W Lucas
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Inova Fairfax Hospital, Falls Church, Virginia, USA
Obstet Gynecol 114:460-2. 2009..Extramammary tissue is susceptible to similar benign and malignant changes seen in the breast. Some patients with ectopic breast lesions may harbor an underlying urinary tract anomaly...
- Fibroadenoma and intraduct papilloma--a common pathogenesis?Margaret C Cummings
Molecular and Cellular Pathology, Centre for Clinical Research, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Virchows Arch 455:271-5. 2009..That fibroadenoma and intraduct papilloma may have a common pathogenesis is discussed.
- Intraductal fibroadenomatosis: an unusual variant of fibroadenomaAlice Chung
Department of Surgery, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
Breast J 14:193-5. 2008We present a case of a benign breast lesion that contains histopathologic characteristics of fibroadenoma, phyllodes tumor, intraductal adenoma and papilloma...
- Differentiation between phyllodes tumor and fibroadenoma using real-time elastographyB R Adamietz
Diagnostische Radiologie, Universitat Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
Ultraschall Med 32:E75-9. 2011..The elastic characteristics of both tumors were examined using real-time elastography (RTE) to find specific patterns that make differentiation possible...
- High grade angiosarcoma arising in fibroadenomaEmina Babarović
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Rijeka, Brace Branchetta 20, Rijeka, Croatia
Diagn Pathol 6:125. 2011..Here we present a case of a 53 year old, postmenopausal women with primary angiosarcoma arising in fibroadenoma. To our knowledge, this is the first case described in the literature to date.
- Management of breast fibroadenomasR Greenberg
Department of Surgery A, Tel-Aviv Medical Center, and the Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel-Aviv University, Israel
J Gen Intern Med 13:640-5. 1998..Transformation from fibroadenoma to cancer is rare; regression or resolution is frequent, supporting conservative approaches to follow-up and ..
- Systematic review of fibroadenoma as a risk factor for breast cancerH El-Wakeel
Department of Surgery, The Breast Unit, The Royal United Hospital, Combe Park, Bath BA1 3NG, UK
Breast 12:302-7. 2003b>Fibroadenoma (FA) is a common breast lesion occurring in 25% of asymptomatic women. Several studies considered FA as a risk factor for breast cancer, prompting a systematic review of the literature...
- Value of scoring system in classification of proliferative breast disease on fine needle aspiration cytologyAsit Ranjan Mridha
Department of Pathology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 49:334-40. 2006..Sixty two patients (14 cases of fibroadenoma, 15 cases of fibroadenoma with atypia, 11 cases of proliferative breast disease (PBD), 8 cases of PBD with ..
- Core needle biopsy as a diagnostic tool to differentiate phyllodes tumor from fibroadenomaIan K Komenaka
Comprehensive Breast Center, Columbia University, and Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Arch Surg 138:987-90. 2003Core needle biopsy is a useful diagnostic tool in differentiating phyllodes tumor from fibroadenoma.
- Bilateral presentation of fibroadenoma with digital fibroma-like inclusions in the male breastSandra J Shin
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Starr 1009, New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 525 E 68th St, New York, NY 10021, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 131:1126-9. 2007..bodies in stromal cells identical to those seen in infantile digital fibromatosis were identified in one fibroadenoma. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first reported case of bilaterally occurring fibroadenomas in the ..
- Pattern of breast diseases in a teaching hospital in Jeddah, Saudi ArabiaA A Jamal
Department of Pathology, King Abdul Aziz University Hospital, Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 22:110-3. 2001..Also to compare 8 studies of literature discussing the profile of malignant and benign female breast diseases in the Kingdom. We hope that this study will assist us to appreciate the prototype breast diseases in our region...
- Fibroadenoma and phyllodes tumors of anogenital mammary-like glands: a series of 13 neoplasms in 12 cases, including mammary-type juvenile fibroadenoma, fibroadenoma with lactation changes, and neurofibromatosis-associated pseudoangiomatous stromal hyperpDmitry V Kazakov
Sikl s Department of Pathology, Charles University, Medical Faculty Hospital, Czech Republic
Am J Surg Pathol 34:95-103. 2010..5 to 4.5 cm. Microscopically, 8 lesions were classified as fibroadenoma, and 5, including 1 recurrent tumor, as phyllodes tumor, of which 1 was benign and 4 low-grade malignant...
- Breast fibroadenoma in teenage femalesWilson Onuigbo
Medical Foundation and Clinic, Enugu, Nigeria
Turk J Pediatr 45:326-8. 2003Over a period of 30 years, the author received surgical specimens of fibroadenoma from doctors who had operated on 530 teenage females of the Igbo ethnic group, who inhabit southeastern Nigeria, West Africa. The peak age was 18 years...
- Myxomatous fibroadenoma of the breast: correlation with clinicopathologic and radiologic featuresRin Yamaguchi
Department of Pathology, Kurume University Medical Center, Kurume 830 0011, Japan
Hum Pathol 42:419-23. 2011b>Fibroadenoma is a frequently encountered benign tumor that must be differentiated from carcinoma. Fibroadenomas often exhibit myxedematous changes (myxomatous fibroadenoma)...
- Estrogen receptor-beta is expressed in stromal cells of fibroadenoma and phyllodes tumors of the breastAnna Sapino
Department of Biomedical Science and Human Oncology, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
Mod Pathol 19:599-606. 2006..Conversely, the older age of patients with ER-beta-rich phyllodes tumors suggests that mechanisms, probably independent from estrogen stimulation, act on the growth of these tumors...
- Fibroadenoma in axillary supernumerary breast: case reportDélio Marques Conde
Hospital Estadual Sumaré, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Sumaré, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 123:253-5. 2005Supernumerary breast tissue may be affected by the same diseases and alterations that compromise topical breast tissue. Nevertheless, reports of fibroadenoma in supernumerary breast tissue in the axillae are rare.
- O-glycosylation expression in fibroadenomaBelem Gallegos
Centro de Investigaciones en Ciencias Medicas y Biológicas, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma Benito Juarez de Oaxaca, Oaxaca, Mexico
Prep Biochem Biotechnol 40:1-12. 2010..With this in mind, we evaluated the expression of glycans in fibroadenoma tissue through immunohistochemistry with antibodies against mucin epitopes (Anti CA15-3 and MUC1), as well as ..
- Mastopathic fibroadenoma of the breast: a pitfall of aspiration cytologyI Mori
Department of Human Pathology, Wakayama Medical University, Wakayama City, Wakayama, Japan
Cytopathology 17:233-8. 2006To assess the correlation between cytological diagnoses and histological subtypes of fibroadenoma (FA) and to clarify the cytological features of a specific group of FA displaying variable features similar to fibrocystic disease (..
- Fibroadenoma of the ectopic breast of the axilla--a case reportHarun Ciralik
Department of Pathology, Sutcuimam University of Kahramanmaras, Faculty of Medicine, Kahramanmaras, Turkey
Pol J Pathol 57:209-11. 2006..In the ectopic breast tissue any disease can develop that affects the normal breast, including fibroadenoma. We reported a case of fibroadenoma of the axilla in a 23-year-old woman...
- Spontaneous infarction of fibroadenoma in an adolescent girlCarol L Fowler
Savannah Pediatric Surgery, 4750 Waters Ave, Suite 511, Savannah, GA 31404, USA
Pediatr Radiol 34:988-90. 2004..3 x 1.5-cm cyst. Histologic diagnosis of the excised structure was an infarcted fibroadenoma. This case describes the clinical presentation and unique sonographic appearance of a rare, spontaneous ..
- Bloody nipple discharge in an adolescent girl: unusual presentation of juvenile fibroadenomaHsien Liu
Department of General Surgery, E Da Hospital, I Shou University, Kaohsiung County, Taiwan
Pediatr neonatol 51:190-2. 2010b>Fibroadenoma accounts for 50-60% of all breast mass lesions in adolescents. It usually presents as a unilateral palpable breast mass. In contrast, bloody nipple discharge rarely occurs in childhood...
- Clinical and pathologic features of fibroadenoma of the mastopathic typeHajime Kuroda
Department of Pathology, Saitama Medical Center, Saitama Medical School, 1981 Tsujido, Kamoda, Kawagoe, Saitama, Japan
Surg Today 36:590-5. 2006b>Fibroadenoma with mastopathic change (FAM) is a relatively uncommon subtype of fibroadenoma of the breast, with a high incidence of pathological misdiagnosis. This histological subtype remains poorly understood because of its rarity...
- Anal fibroadenoma: report of a common tumor type in an unusual locationWilliam W L Choi
South Med J 100:914-5. 2007
- Ultrasound diagnosis of fibroadenoma - is biopsy always necessary?G E C Smith
Bradford Royal Infirmary, Bradford, West Yorkshire, UK
Clin Radiol 63:511-5; discussion 516-7. 2008To review the ultrasound characteristics of fibroadenoma and the necessity to biopsy all fibroadenomas in the under 25 years age group.
- Cytological features of myxomatous fibroadenoma of the breastRin Yamaguchi
Department of Pathology, Kurume University Medical Center, Kurume, Japan
Diagn Cytopathol 40:316-20. 2012b>Fibroadenoma (FA) is a benign tumor that must be differentiated from carcinomas. FAs often exhibit myxedematous changes (myxomatous FA, M-FA). We previously reported on the clinical significance of M-FA...
- Fibroadenomas in adolescenceYasmin Jayasinghe
Division of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 21:402-6. 2009..This review discusses an approach to investigation and management of fibroadenomas in adolescents...
- A rare case of recurrent myoid hamartoma mimicking malignancy: imaging appearancesMyung Su Ko
Department of Pathology, St Vincent s Hospital, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Gyeonggi Do, Korea
Korean J Radiol 11:683-6. 2010..Although the mammographic and ultrasonographic findings have long been described in the literature, MR finding with a dynamic study has not, to the best of our knowledge, been reported previously...
- Myoid hamartoma of breast with chondroid metaplasia: a case reportJoon Joon Khoo
School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Monash University, Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Malays J Pathol 31:77-80. 2009..Core needle biopsy was reported as fibroadenoma. The lesion was excised...
- Diffusion-weighted half-Fourier single-shot turbo spin echo imaging in breast tumors: differentiation of invasive ductal carcinoma from fibroadenomaTakahiro Kinoshita
Department of Radiology, Kameda Medical Center, Chiba, Japan
J Comput Assist Tomogr 26:1042-6. 2002The purpose of this investigation is to evaluate the usefulness of diffusion-weighted half-Fourier single-shot turbo spin echo (DW-HASTE) imaging in differentiating invasive ductal carcinoma from fibroadenoma.
- Perianal fibroadenoma, case reportBasak Doganavsargil
Department of Pathology, Ege University Faculty of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Am J Dermatopathol 30:81-3. 2008..Microscopically, it was identical to mammary fibroadenoma and composed of concurrent glandular and stromal elements...
- Invasive ductal carcinoma within a fibroadenoma of the breastHajime Abe
Department of Surgery, Shiga University of Medical Science, 520 2192, Otsu, Seta Tsukinowa, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 9:334-8. 2004A rare case of invasive ductal carcinoma within a fibroadenoma of the breast in a 42-year-old woman is reported. The patient had a well-defined mass, measuring 6.0 x 5.0 cm, in the upper lateral quadrant of the left breast...
- Giant fibroadenoma of the breast in adolescents: report of 2 casesDalia Gobbi
Clinica Chirurgica Pediatrica, University of Padova, Padua, Italy
J Pediatr Surg 44:e39-41. 2009Giant fibroadenoma (GF) is an uncommon variant of fibroadenomas that represent the most frequent breast lesion in adolescents and young women...
- Lobular carcinoma in situ of the breast within a fibroadenoma. A case reportVania Stafyla
Department of Surgery, 251 Hellenic Air Force HAF Hospital, Arkadias 19 21, Athens 115 26, Greece
Gynecol Oncol 94:572-4. 2004b>Fibroadenoma is a benign breast tumor that is effectively treated by local excision. Although uncommon, breast fibroadenoma may harbor breast carcinoma, either in situ or invasive.
- FNA of breast fibroadenoma: observer variability and review of cytomorphology with cytohistological correlationS M Kollur
Department of Pathology, PARAS, Central Hospital, Al Jouf, Saudi Arabia
Cytopathology 17:239-44. 2006To determine the observer variability in reporting fibroadenoma of the breast by fine needle aspiration (FNA) and to review the cytomorphological features of the lesion with cytohistological correlation.
- Mammary radioiodine accumulation due to functional sodium iodide symporter expression in a benign fibroadenomaF Berger
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 349:1258-63. 2006..CT and MR-mammography showed a focal solid lesion in the right breast suggestive of a fibroadenoma, which was confirmed by histological examination...
- Estrogen-metabolizing gene polymorphisms in the assessment of breast carcinoma risk and fibroadenoma risk in Caucasian womenLukas A Hefler
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Cancer 101:264-9. 2004..In these candidate genes, no critical combination of single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) for assessing breast carcinoma risk has been reported to date...
- Benign phyllodes tumour vs fibroadenoma: FNA cytological differentiationS Veneti
Department of Cytology, LITO Hospital for Women, Athens, Greece
Cytopathology 12:321-8. 2001..score assessed by two observers we were able in most cases to distinguish a phyllodes tumour from a fibroadenoma. The most important criteria were larger stromal fragments, numerous plump stromal bare nuclei, and the higher ..
- Ultrasonography and core needle biopsy in the differential diagnosis of fibroadenoma and tumor phyllodesM K Bode
Departments of Diagnostic Radiology and Pathology, Oulu University Hospital, FIN 90029 OYS, Oulu, Finland
Acta Radiol 48:708-13. 2007..The diagnosis of phyllodes tumors of the breast is challenging due to many similarities with common fibroadenomas...
- Cytological clues in the distinction between phyllodes tumor and fibroadenomaImad A El Hag
Histopathology Division, Department of Pathology, Riyadh Military Hospital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Cancer Cytopathol 118:33-40. 2010Fine-needle aspiration (FNA) sensitivity in discriminating between phyllodes tumor and its benign mimicker fibroadenoma (FA) remains low...
- Mammary fibroadenomatous hyperplasia in a young cat attributed to treatment with megestrol acetateLori D MacDougall
Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, 52 Campus Drive, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7N 5B4
Can Vet J 44:227-9. 2003..Pathogenesis, clinical signs, and treatment options for mammary fibroadenomatous hyperplasia attributed to megestrol acetate treatment are discussed...
- Caspase 3 in breast cancerNorma O'Donovan
Department of Medical Oncology, St Vincent s University Hospital, University College Dublin, Dublin 4, Ireland
Clin Cancer Res 9:738-42. 2003..One of the key mediators of apoptosis is the thiol protease caspase 3. In this investigation, caspase 3 mRNA and protein expression in breast cancer was examined...
- Fibroadenoma of the breast in an 11-year-old girlK G Stehr
Dr von Haunersches Kinderspital, Kinderchirurgische Klinik, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munchen, Germany
Eur J Pediatr Surg 14:56-9. 2004b>Fibroadenoma is the main cause of unilateral breast mass in teenagers and adolescents. 4% of these are a special form described as giant or juvenile fibroadenoma. For primary diagnosis, ultrasound is the method of choice...
- The mammary hamartoma: appreciation of additional imaging characteristicsDianne Georgian-Smith
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Wang Ambulatory Care Center 219Q, 15 Parkman St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Ultrasound Med 23:1267-73. 2004....
- Breast asymmetry: presentation of a giant fibroadenomaChristopher A Park
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Breast J 12:451-61. 2006..The differential diagnosis, evaluation modalities, and treatment options of breast asymmetry and unilateral breast masses are presented. Postexcision breast reconstruction is discussed...
- Genome-wide analysis for loss of heterozygosity in primary and recurrent phyllodes tumor and fibroadenoma of breast using single nucleotide polymorphism arraysZhigang Charles Wang
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 97:301-9. 2006..In contrast to fibroadenoma, phyllodes tumors can recur and be locally aggressive or be malignant...
- A case of phyllodes tumor of the breast with a lesion mimicking fibroadenomaYoshito Tomimaru
Department of Surgery, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Osaka, Japan
Breast Cancer 12:322-6. 2005We report a case of phyllodes tumor (PT) with multiple lesions partly mimicking fibroadenoma (FA). A 43-year-old woman was referred to our institute because of a left breast mass which was diagnosed as FA clinically...
- Augmented release of matrix metalloproteinase-9 by PKC activation in organotypic cultures of human breast cancer and adjacent normal breast tissue and fibroadenomaTrang Tiau Wu
Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Medical College, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung 402, Taiwan
Chin J Physiol 47:73-8. 2004..of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-9 and MMP-2 in human breast cancer and adjacent normal breast tissue and fibroadenoma. MMP-9 and MMP2 were constitutively expressed in all cultures...
- p16(INK4a) promoter methylation and protein expression in breast fibroadenoma and carcinomaAngela di Vinci
Laboratory of Tumor Genetics, Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro IST, Genova, Italy
Int J Cancer 114:414-21. 2005The potential role of p16(INK4a) methylation in breast cancer is controversial whereas there are no data on fibroadenoma. To assess if inactivation of p16(INK4a) by promoter hypermethylation occurs in this hyperproliferative benign breast ..
- Association of viral factors with non-familial breast cancer in Taiwan by comparison with non-cancerous, fibroadenoma, and thyroid tumor tissuesJu Hsin Tsai
Department of Surgery, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Med Virol 75:276-81. 2005..69 patients with breast cancer and 60 specimens from non-cancerous or other individuals with thyroid tumors or fibroadenoma (non-breast cancer controls)...
- Fibroadenoma of the mammary-like glands of the vulvaJ D Sington
Histopathology 41:563-5. 2002
- Juvenile fibroadenoma of breastAtul Ahuja
Department of Pediatrics, Kalawati Saran Children s Hospital and Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi 110 001, India
Indian Pediatr 42:72. 2005
- [Application of diffusion weighted magnetic resonance imaging to differential diagnosis of breast diseases]Jian Dong Luo
Department of Radiology, Nanfang Hospital, South Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, PR China
Ai Zheng 26:168-71. 2007..This study was to investigate the value of DWI in differentiating benign and malignant breast lesions...
- Antioxidant profile in the circulation of patients with fibroadenoma and adenocarcinoma of the breastR Kumaraguruparan
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar 608 002, Tamil Nadu, India
Clin Biochem 35:275-9. 2002To correlate the extent of lipid peroxidation with the antioxidant status in the circulation of patients with fibroadenoma and adenocarcinoma of the breast.
- Studies on oestrogen receptor-alpha and -beta mRNA in breast cancerR Cullen
Department of Nuclear Medicine, St. Vincent's University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Eur J Cancer 37:1118-22. 2001..We conclude that the presently used enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) for ER appears to be mostly measuring ER-alpha and is unlikely to be detecting ER-beta...
- Mastopathic-type fibroadenoma and ductal adenoma of the breast with false-positive fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomographyRin Yamaguchi
Department of Pathology, Kurume University Medical Center, Kurume, Japan
Jpn J Radiol 27:280-4. 2009..5 on PET. It was diagnosed as fibroadenoma of mastopathic type histopathologically by excisional biopsy...
- Progressive adoption of cryoablative therapy for breast fibroadenoma in community practiceMichael J Edwards
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 West Markham, Slot 520, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Am J Surg 188:221-4. 2004..Cryoablation is a recent technological advance and has been used for the percutaneous treatment of breast fibroadenomas. Herein, we provide a retrospective summary of the early experience from a nationwide group...
- A 65-year-old woman with a "hemorrhoid". Fibroadenoma of the anogenital regionGarron J Solomon
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 130:e30-2. 2006
- Multilocus genotypes spanning estrogen metabolism associated with breast cancer and fibroadenomaElizabeth H Corder
Center for Demographic Studies, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27708 0408, USA
Rejuvenation Res 9:56-60. 2006..Three latent classification GoM extreme type groups represented the data: (a) fibroadenoma, and infrequent SRD5A2 and VDR alleles; (b) postmenopausal breast cancer, and infrequent CYP1A1-1 and CYP1A1-2 ..
- Dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI in the differentiation of breast tumors: user-defined versus semi-automated region-of-interest analysisG P Liney
Academic Department of Radiology, University of Hull, Hull HU6 7RX, United Kingdom
J Magn Reson Imaging 10:945-9. 1999..J. Magn. Reson. Imaging 1999; 10:945-949...
- Expression of acidic fibroblast growth factor (aFGF) and fibroblast growth factor receptor 4 (FGFR4) in breast fibroadenomasS La Rosa
Division of Pathology, Ospedale di Circolo, I 21100 Varese, Italy
J Clin Pathol 54:37-41. 2001..The aim of this study was to evaluate the distribution of aFGF and FGFR4 in specific cell types of fibroadenomas to understand their possible role in the growth of these breast lesions...
- Facial apocrine fibroadenoma in man: a rare findingHan Nan Liu
Department of Dermatology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital and National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Am J Dermatopathol 29:274-8. 2007Apocrine fibroadenoma (AFA), considered a counterpart of fibroadenoma of breast, is a rare cutaneous apocrine neoplasm occurring almost exclusively in women...
- Fine needle aspiration cytology of fibroadenoma with multinucleated stromal giant cells. A review of cases in a six-year periodWai Kuen Ng
Department of Pathology, Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital, 3 Lok Man Road, Chai Wan, Hong Kong, S A R, China
Acta Cytol 46:535-9. 2002To describe the fine needle aspiration cytology findings of fibroadenoma with multinucleated stromal giant cells, with histologic correlation.
- Proliferative activity and tumor angiogenesis is closely correlated to stromal cellularity of fibroadenoma: proposal fibroadenoma, cellular variantT Hasebe
Pathology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute East, Chiba, Kashiwa, Japan
Pathol Int 49:435-43. 1999b>Fibroadenoma (FA) is the most common benign tumor of the breast in adult women. Some FA have a highly cellular stroma, making it difficult to differentiate from phyllodes tumors (PT)...
- Sclerosing lobular hyperplasia of the breast: fine-needle aspiration cytology findings--a case reportNirupma Panikar
Department of Pathology, University College of Medical Sciences and Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, Shahdara, Delhi, India
Diagn Cytopathol 31:340-1. 2004..The clinical and radiological diagnosis was fibroadenoma. Fine-needle aspiration smears showed round to oval ductal epithelial cells in flat sheets and round clusters ..
- Accuracy of sonographically guided 14-gauge core-needle biopsy: results of 715 consecutive breast biopsies with at least two-year follow-up of benign lesionsPavel Crystal
Department of Radiology, Soroka University Medical Center, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, P O B 151, Beer Sheva, 84105, Israel
J Clin Ultrasound 33:47-52. 2005..The objective of this study was to examine the diagnostic accuracy of sonographically guided 14-gauge core-needle biopsy (CNB)...
- Follow-up of palpable circumscribed noncalcified solid breast masses at mammography and US: can biopsy be averted?Oswald Graf
Institute of Radiology, Ambulatory Care Center Steyr, Stadtplatz 30, A 4400 Steyr, Austria
Radiology 233:850-6. 2004....
- Fine needle aspiration cytology of sclerosing adenosis of the breastE Y Cho
Department of Diagnostic Pathology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50 Ilwon-dong, Kangnam-gu, Seoul 135-710, Korea
Acta Cytol 45:353-9. 2001..of 7 cases of sclerosing adenosis of the breast and compared the cytologic findings with those of 10 cases of fibroadenoma and 7 cases of fibrocystic change...
- Gray scale sonography of breast masses in adolescent girlsK A Kronemer
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Ultrasound Med 20:491-6; quiz 498. 2001..005). CONCLUSIONS: Our experience suggests that virtually all breast masses in a pediatric population are benign and that sonography has the ability to differentiate among cystic, inflammatory, and solid masses...
- [Ultrasound mammography]K J Biedermann
Kantonales Frauenspital Fontana, Chur
Praxis (Bern 1994) 90:767-72. 2001..Therefore the diagnosis has to be evaluated by combining clinical and imaging analysis but final diagnosis remains for histological examination...
- Differentiation of phyllodes tumors versus fibroadenomasErkan Yilmaz
Departments of Radiology and Pathology, Dokuz Eylul University Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Acta Radiol 43:34-9. 2002To determine if mammographic and sonographic findings allow discrimination between phyllodes tumor and large sized fibroadenoma, which mimic each other in the clinical, radiologic and histopathologic appearances.
- [Usual hyperplasia, atypical hyperplasia and carcinoma-in-situ of breast: a morphologic study]Xiu Kan
Department of Pathology, People s Hospital, Peking University, Beijing 100044, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 33:312-5. 2004..To study the morphologic classification of mammary ductal hyperplasia, and its criteria and the significance in distinguishing atypical hyperplasia from carcinoma-in-situ...
- [Ultrasound follow-up of palpable solid, probably benign breast lesions (BI-RADS category III)]O Graf
Institut für Radiologie Steyr, Stadtplatz 30, Steyr, Osterreich
Rofo 176:1251-6. 2004..To determine whether palpable non-calcified solid breast masses with benign morphology on ultrasound can be classified as probably benign and whether these lesions fulfill the criteria required for BI-RADS (TM) category III...
- [A comparative analysis of effectiveness of surgical treatment of fibroadenomas in young girls]B A Mizaushev
Vestn Khir Im I I Grek 163:35-9. 2004..The ultrasonic investigation of the mammary gland is the method of choice. Fibroadenoma was diagnosed in 50 patients, fibrocystic mastopathy in 27, mastopathia cystica in 81, mastitis and other ..
- Fibroadenomas of the breast: is there any association with breast cancer?C Markopoulos
Breast Unit 2nd Surgical Department, School of Medicine Laiko Hospital, Athens, Greece
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 25:495-7. 2004..The experience of our Breast Unit in the diagnosis and treatment of fibroadenomas is presented in this retrospective study, focusing specifically in cancer development within these common benign tumors of young age...
- Bilateral breast massesAlec Chau
Radiology Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL, USA
Cancer Control 11:265. 2004
- Updates in breast ultrasoundRichard E Fine
The Breast Center, Mrietta, GA 30060, USA
Surg Clin North Am 84:1001-34, v-vi. 2004..This article reviews the current state of surgeon-performed breast ultrasound...
- The phosphorylated form of connexin43 is up-regulated in breast hyperplasias and carcinomas and in their neoformed capillariesVictor E Gould
Department of Patholgy, Rush Medical College, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Hum Pathol 36:536-45. 2005..These phenomena, although not exclusive to malignancy, are particularly conspicuous in breast carcinomas and seemingly reflect active proliferation associated with abnormal gap junctional intercellular communication...
- Cytologic differential diagnosis of papillary pattern in breast aspirates: correlation with histologyR Nayar
Division of Cytopathology and the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago IL, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 5:34-42. 2001Papillary neoplasms, fibroadenoma, fibrocystic change, low-grade ductal carcinoma, and apocrine carcinoma are among "gray zone" lesions in breast cytology...
- Histological features useful in the distinction of phyllodes tumour and fibroadenoma on needle core biopsy of the breastA H S Lee
Histopathology Department, Nottingham University Hospitals, Nottingham, UK
Histopathology 51:336-44. 2007..To identify features useful in distinguishing phyllodes tumours from fibroadenomas on core biopsy...
- Computer aided classification system for breast ultrasound based on Breast Imaging Reporting and Data System (BI-RADS)Wei Chih Shen
Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, National Chung Cheng University, Chiayi, Taiwan, R O C
Ultrasound Med Biol 33:1688-98. 2007..To classify the mass into BI-RADS assessment categories by the CAC system is feasible. Moreover, the proposed CAC system is flexible because it can be used to diagnose the cases acquired from different ultrasound systems...
- Sonography of the breast: to core or not to core?Derek Muradali
St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, ON
Can Assoc Radiol J 56:276-88. 2005
- [Values of color Doppler flow imaging and imaging changes of breast fascia and ligament in differential diagnosis of small breast neoplasms]Hui Zeng
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510060, P R China
Ai Zheng 25:339-42. 2006..This study was to explore the value of combined use of CDFI and imaging changes of breast fascia and ligament in differential diagnosis of small breast neoplasms...
- Optimising preoperative diagnosis in phyllodes tumour of the breastR K Jacklin
Department of Surgical Oncology and Technology, Imperial College, London, UK
J Clin Pathol 59:454-9. 2006..However, reliable differentiation of phyllodes tumour from cellular fibroadenoma remains difficult...
- [Value of vacuum assisted biopsies under sonography guidance: results from a multicentric study of 650 lesions]P Sebag
J Radiol 87:29-34. 2006..All benign cases were included in an on-going follow-up protocol...
- Mammary hamartoma: report of two cases including one in a male breast, and review of the literatureArchana Deshpande
Department of Pathology, Government Medical College, Shankarnagar, Nagpur, Maharashtra, India
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 47:511-5. 2004Mammary hamartoma is best viewed as a "breast within a breast" and is most often mistaken for fibroadenoma, phyllodes tumour or lipoma. It shows an abnormal blending of normal breast tissue components and is cured by removal...
- Diagnostic utility of p75 neurotrophin receptor (p75NTR) as a marker of breast myoepithelial cellsNikolay K Popnikolov
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, College of Medicine, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA 19146, USA
Mod Pathol 18:1535-41. 2005..Our data suggest a role of neurotrophins in the development of fibroepithelial breast tumors and some of the breast carcinomas...
- Classification of breast masses based on visco-elastic propertiesMichael F Insana; Fiscal Year: 2013..results have shown that SAVE provides reliable discrimination of benign lesions (fibrocystic change, fibroadenoma) from focal malignancies (infiltrating ductal and lobular cancers) with a remarkable specificity of 100% in a ..
- Diagnostic Imaging of Blood in Breast Tumor AngiogenesisAlexander Oraevsky; Fiscal Year: 2004..of the two optoacoustic images and their ratio will provide differentiation of breast carcinoma from benign fibroadenoma with exceptional sensitivity (owed to high optical contrast) and superior resolution (owed to ultrawide-band ..
- CASE CONTROL STUDY OF BENIGN OVARIAN NEOPLASMSCarolyn Westhoff; Fiscal Year: 1993..and 460 women who had one of the following benign epithelial tumors: serouscystadenoma, mucinouscystadenoma, or fibroadenoma. We plan to interview about 545 community controls who will be identified using random digit dialing techniques...
- Thermoacoustic and Inverse Scattering Breast Cancer ScannerSteven Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2007..b>fibroadenoma (which mammography and present clinical ultrasound distinguish poorly)...
- COMMERCIAL PROTOTYPE OF OPTOACOUSTIC BREAST IMAGERP Henrichs; Fiscal Year: 2001..of the laser wavelength permits targeting either blood-rich malignant carcinoma or fibrous-tissue-rich fibroadenoma. Therefore, pressure waves emanating from tumors deliver information to the breast surface not only about the ..
- Near Infrared Diffused Light Imaging with UltrasoundQuing Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2002..Completion of this research plan will serve to validate a novel method for detection and diagnosis of breast lesions, resulting in new opportunities for early detection and appropriate treatment of breast carcinoma. ..
- Palpation ImagingTimothy Hall; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of LIBC in Inflammatory Breast Cancer PhenotypeCelina Kleer; Fiscal Year: 2007..Also, understanding the role of WISP3 will shed light on the mechanisms of cancer development in general and serve as a model for other related CCN genes involved in carcinogenesis. ..
- IMAGE GUIDED THERAPY CENTERFerenc Jolesz; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Intraoperative 3T MRI Scanner for Minimally Invasive TherapyFerenc Jolesz; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of Genetic and Lifestyle Interplay in Uterus CancerHerbert Yu; Fiscal Year: 2007..Findings of this study will provide insights into the role of mitogenic growth factors and their interaction with lifestyle factors in the etiology of endometrial cancer. ..
- DNA Methylation, Aging, and Prostate Cancer RiskHerbert Yu; Fiscal Year: 2004..Plasma biomarkers will be analyzed using ELISA. The findings of this study will provide insights into the possible mechanism between aging and prostate cancer and may lead to development of new markers. ..
- VASCULAR BUBBLE GENERATION FOR DIAGNOSIS AND THERAPYPAUL CARSON; Fiscal Year: 2001..It is expected that this treatment will be faster, less expensive and/or less invasive than conventional angiography and surgery and comparable CT and MR techniques. ..
- Biomedical Imaging Research Opportunities WorkshopPAUL CARSON; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Hybrid optical-ultrasound scanner for cancer imagingVasilis Ntziachristos; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR MODELING OF DIAGNOSIS AND PROGNOSIS IN HNSCCMaria Worsham; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- VASCULAR BUBBLE GENERATION FOR DIAGNOSIS AND THERAPYPAUL CARSON; Fiscal Year: 2008..The ADV only requires an intravenous injection of droplets and transcutaneous ultrasound. Similar human trials should be ready for implementation in the next renewal. ..
- ADVANCES IN OPTICS FOR BIOTECHNOLOGY, MEDICINEVasilis Ntziachristos; Fiscal Year: 2005..Aim 4: To promote interaction between the invited scientists and participating students, to support education and understanding of the multi-disciplinary field of bio-optics and associated applications and to enable collaborations. ..
- Tumor Diagnosis through Enhanced Ultrasound ImagingMichael Oelze; Fiscal Year: 2003..6. Several techniques for combining typical ultrasound images with the quantification of tissue microstructures will be evaluated for facilitation of clinical detection and diagnosis of disease. ..
- Fast Optical Imager for tumor detectionXavier Intes; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- REMOTE PALPATION IMAGING IN THE BREASTKathryn Nightingale; Fiscal Year: 2002..The successful completion of this project will result in a new imaging modality capable of providing information about local variations in tissue stiffness. ..
- Improving the spatial resolution of ultrasonic imaging using coded excitationMichael Oelze; Fiscal Year: 2008..Effects of focusing, phase aberration and attenuation on performance of the REC technique will be quantified. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BENIGN BREAST DISEASE--MOLECULAR DIFFERENTIATION OF RISKMaria Worsham; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Very-High-Frequency Ultrasound Imaging With Coded Signals and Annular ArraysJonathan Mamou; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Acoustic Radiation Force Imaging of Colorectal TissuesKathryn Nightingale; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, we propose a pilot clinical study comparing ARFI and ultrasonic staging of colorectal cancers in vivo. ..