Genomes and Genes
transitional cell carcinoma
Summary: A malignant neoplasm derived from transitional epithelium, occurring chiefly in the urinary bladder, ureters or renal pelves (especially if well differentiated), frequently papillary. Transitional cell carcinomas are graded 1 to 3 or 4 according to the degree of anaplasia, grade 1 appearing histologically benign but being liable to recurrence. (Stedman, 25th ed)
Publications324 found, 100 shown here
- Gemcitabine and cisplatin versus methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin in advanced or metastatic bladder cancer: results of a large, randomized, multinational, multicenter, phase III studyH von der Maase
Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
J Clin Oncol 18:3068-77. 2000..Gemcitabine plus cisplatin (GC) and methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin (MVAC) were compared in patients with locally advanced or metastatic transitional-cell carcinoma (TCC) of the urothelium...
- Intravesical bacillus Calmette-Guerin reduces the risk of progression in patients with superficial bladder cancer: a meta-analysis of the published results of randomized clinical trialsRichard J Sylvester
European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer Data Center, Brussels, Belgium
J Urol 168:1964-70. 2002..We determine if intravesical bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG) reduces the risk of progression after transurethral resection to stage T2 disease or higher in patients with superficial (stage Ta, T1 or carcinoma in situ) bladder cancer...
- Radical cystectomy in the treatment of invasive bladder cancer: long-term results in 1,054 patientsJ P Stein
Department of Urology, University of Southern California, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:666-75. 2001....
- Long-term survival results of a randomized trial comparing gemcitabine plus cisplatin, with methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, plus cisplatin in patients with bladder cancerHans von der Maase
Department of Oncology, Aarhus University Hospital, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Clin Oncol 23:4602-8. 2005To compare long-term survival in patients with locally advanced or metastatic transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the urothelium treated with gemcitabine/cisplatin (GC) or methotrexate/vinblastine/doxorubicin/cisplatin (MVAC).
- FGFR3 and Ras gene mutations are mutually exclusive genetic events in urothelial cell carcinomaAdel H Jebar
Cancer Research UK Clinical Centre, St James s University Hospital, Beckett Street, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
Oncogene 24:5218-25. 2005..If these events have biological equivalence, Ras mutant invasive UCC may represent a novel subgroup...
- Renal diagnosis of chronic hemodialysis patients with urinary tract transitional cell carcinoma in TaiwanChung Hsin Chang
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Cancer 109:1487-92. 2007b>Transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) is the most common malignancy in dialysis patients of Taiwan. The reason for such a high incidence of TCC is undetermined...
- Urinary interleukin-8 levels are elevated in subjects with transitional cell carcinomaElinore Sheryka
Section of Urology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8041, USA
Urology 62:162-6. 2003..Although many studies have indicated that IL-8 is increased in infectious/inflammatory processes, elevated levels of IL-8 in urine also may be indicative of active transitional cell carcinoma (TCC).
- Phase III trial of vinflunine plus best supportive care compared with best supportive care alone after a platinum-containing regimen in patients with advanced transitional cell carcinoma of the urothelial tractJoaquim Bellmunt
Department of Medical Oncology, University Hospital del Mar, Passeig Maritim 25 29, E 08003 Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Oncol 27:4454-61. 2009Vinflunine (VFL) is a new microtubule inhibitor that has activity against transitional cell carcinoma of urothelial tract (TCCU)...
- Contemporary management of stage T1 transitional cell carcinoma of the bladderMark S Soloway
Department of Urology, University of Miami, Miami, Florida, USA
J Urol 167:1573-83. 2002b>Transitional cell carcinoma involving the lamina propria (stage T1) is associated with a high recurrence and progression rate with implications for patient survival and quality of life...
- Gemcitabine plus cisplatin versus gemcitabine plus carboplatin as first-line chemotherapy in advanced transitional cell carcinoma of the urothelium: results of a randomized phase 2 trialLuigi Dogliotti
Unit of Medical Oncology, University of Torino, San Luigi Hospital, Orbassano Torino, Italy
Eur Urol 52:134-41. 2007..the efficacy of gemcitabine-cisplatin (GP) and gemcitabine-carboplatin (GC) in patients with advanced transitional cell carcinoma of the urothelium (TCC), with the main objective to demonstrate a reduction in toxicity of at least 25% ..
- Incidence of transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder and arsenic exposure in New HampshireMargaret R Karagas
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Cancer Causes Control 15:465-72. 2004..To examine the effects of lower levels of arsenic exposure on bladder cancer incidence, we conducted a case-control study in New Hampshire, USA where levels above 10 micro/l are commonly found in private wells...
- Inactivation of p53 and Pten promotes invasive bladder cancerAnna M Puzio-Kuter
Department of Urology, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Genes Dev 23:675-80. 2009..Our integrated analyses of mouse and human bladder cancer provide a rationale for investigating mTOR inhibition for treatment of patients with invasive disease...
- Identification of patients with transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder overexpressing ErbB2, ErbB3, or specific ErbB4 isoforms: real-time reverse transcription-PCR analysis in estimation of ErbB receptor status from cancer patientsTeemu T Junttila
MediCity Research Laboratories, and Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Turku Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Turku, FIN 20520 Turku
Clin Cancer Res 9:5346-57. 2003The purpose of this research was to quantitatively analyze tumor-specific overexpression of all ErbB receptors and ErbB4 isoforms in transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the bladder.
- Incidence of transitional cell carcinoma and arsenic in drinking water: a follow-up study of 8,102 residents in an arseniasis-endemic area in northeastern TaiwanH Y Chiou
School of Public Health, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Epidemiol 153:411-8. 2001..In 1991-1994, the authors examined risk of transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) in relation to ingested arsenic in a cohort of 8,102 residents in northeastern Taiwan...
- Loss of cell cycle regulators p27(Kip1) and cyclin E in transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder correlates with tumor grade and patient survivalJ J Del Pizzo
Division of Urology, Department of Pathology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Am J Pathol 155:1129-36. 1999..the expression of two key cell cycle regulators, p27(Kip1) and cyclin E, in the progression of transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder...
- TrkB antibody elicits cytotoxicity and suppresses migration/invasion of transitional cell carcinoma cellsYen Ta Huang
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Tzu Chi University, Hualien, Taiwan, ROC
Int J Oncol 37:943-9. 2010..TrkB (tropomyosin receptor kinase B) play important roles in the progression of cancer, including transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) cells reported in our previous investigation...
- Expression of cyclooxygenase-2 and EP4 receptor in transitional cell carcinoma of the upper urinary tractYasuyoshi Miyata
Department of Urology, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, 1 7 1 Sakamoto, Nagasaki 851 8501, Japan
J Urol 173:56-60. 2005..The relationship between tumor development and EP4R in transitional cell carcinoma of the upper urinary tract (TCC-UUT) has not been fully understood...
- Current understanding of the biology of advanced bladder cancerSana Al-Sukhun
Division of Hematology Oncology, Karmanos Cancer Institute and Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48109, USA
Cancer 97:2064-75. 2003b>Transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) is reported to be the fifth most common solid malignancy in the U.S...
- Outcomes of radical cystectomy for transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder: a contemporary series from the Bladder Cancer Research ConsortiumShahrokh F Shariat
Department of Urology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
J Urol 176:2414-22; discussion 2422. 2006We present the characteristics and outcomes of a large, contemporary, consecutive series of patients treated with radical cystectomy and pelvic lymphadenectomy for transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder.
- Decrease of DNA methyltransferase 1 expression relative to cell proliferation in transitional cell carcinomaFumihiro Kimura
Urologische Klinik, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf, Germany
Int J Cancer 104:568-78. 2003In many common cancers such as transitional cell carcinoma (TCC), specific genes are hypermethylated, whereas overall DNA methylation is diminished...
- Second transurethral resection of superficial transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder: a must even for experienced urologistsM A Zurkirchen
Department of Urology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Urol Int 72:99-102. 2004..urologists have a high percentage of persisting carcinoma after transurethral bladder tumour resection (TUR-B) the importance of a routine second resection in the management of transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the bladder is defined.
- Fibroblast growth factors and their receptors in transitional cell carcinomaNicholas P Munro
Cancer Research United Kingdom Clinical Centre in Leeds, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, United Kingdom
J Urol 169:675-82. 2003The recent identification in transitional cell carcinoma of mutations in a fibroblast growth factor (FGF) receptor, namely FGF receptor-3, has provoked great interest in the potential usefulness of FGF receptors and their ligands as ..
- Correlation of cyclooxygenase-2 expression with molecular markers, pathological features and clinical outcome of transitional cell carcinoma of the bladderShanrokh F Shariat
Scott Department of Urology, Baylor College of Medicine, 6560 Fannin, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Urol 170:985-9. 2003..relationship between cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) expression and molecular alterations commonly found in transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the bladder and determined whether COX-2 immunoreactivity is associated with cancer stage, ..
- A second-look TUR in T1 transitional cell carcinoma: why?Gerhard Jakse
Urological Clinic, University Clinic of RWTH Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, D 520570 Aachen, Germany
Eur Urol 45:539-46; discussion 546. 2004..Currently, there is no standard appropriate treatment of T1 tumors. However, we strongly recommend that future studies on the conservative treatment of T1 tumors include a second TUR within 2 to 4 weeks after the first one...
- A-FABP, a candidate progression marker of human transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder, is differentially regulated by PPAR in urothelial cancer cellsGuillaume Boiteux
Laboratoire de Biologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire, EA 3181 IBCT IFR No 133, Universite de Franche Comte, UFR des Sciences Médicales et Pharmaceutiques, Besançon Cedex 3, France
Int J Cancer 124:1820-8. 2009..c) 2008 Wiley-Liss, Inc...
- Guideline for the management of nonmuscle invasive bladder cancer (stages Ta, T1, and Tis): 2007 updateM Craig Hall
American Urological Association Education and Research, Inc, USA
J Urol 178:2314-30. 2007
- SNPs of GSTM1, T1, P1, epoxide hydrolase and DNA repair enzyme XRCC1 and risk of urinary transitional cell carcinoma in southwestern TaiwanLing I Hsu
Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica, 128 Academia Road Section 2, Nankang, Taipei, Taiwan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 228:144-55. 2008..area in southwestern Taiwan to examine the possible risk factors and genetic susceptibility for urinary transitional cell carcinoma (TCC)...
- Biological heterogeneity of putative bladder cancer stem-like cell populations from human bladder transitional cell carcinoma samplesAngela Bentivegna
Dipartimento di Neuroscienze e Tecnologie Biomediche, Universita degli Studi di Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italy
Cancer Sci 101:416-24. 2010b>Transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) is the most common type of bladder cancer...
- Clusterin as a diagnostic and prognostic marker for transitional cell carcinoma of the bladderSahar M Hazzaa
Clinical Pathology Department, Tanta University, Tanta, Egypt
Pathol Oncol Res 16:101-9. 2010..of profiling and measuring the concentration of clusterin in urine and serum for individuals with transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the bladder and comparing it with nontumor controls...
- Variability in the recurrence rate at first follow-up cystoscopy after TUR in stage Ta T1 transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder: a combined analysis of seven EORTC studiesMaurizio Brausi
Institute Sant Agostino, Estense, Modena, Italy
Eur Urol 41:523-31. 2002..To assess the variability between institutions in the recurrence rate at the first follow-up cystoscopy (RR-FFC) after transurethral resection (TUR) in patients with stage Ta T1 bladder cancer...
- Increased expression of the polycomb group gene, EZH2, in transitional cell carcinoma of the bladderJay D Raman
Department of Urology, The New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:8570-6. 2005..We evaluated EZH2 mRNA and protein expression in bladder specimens from patients and the EZH2 mRNA expression in five bladder cancer cell lines...
- Expression of cyclooxygenase-2 in human transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladderA Ristimaki
Department of Pathology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, P O Box 140, FIN 00029 Helsinki, Finland
Am J Pathol 158:849-53. 2001Recent studies suggest that expression of cyclooxygenase-2 (Cox-2) is elevated in transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the urinary bladder and that inhibition of Cox-2 activity suppresses bladder cancer in experimental animal models...
- Characterization of a novel transplantable orthotopic rat bladder transitional cell tumour modelZ Xiao
Department of Experimental Surgery, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Br J Cancer 81:638-46. 1999..To accomplish this, the established AY-27 rat bladder transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) cell line was transplanted orthotopically into Fischer CDF344 female rats...
- Overexpression of the wild type p73 gene in human bladder cancerA Yokomizo
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55095, USA
Oncogene 18:1629-33. 1999..These data suggest that the p73 is unlikely to be a tumor suppressor gene, but that overexpression of p73 may contribute to tumorigenesis in bladder cancer...
- Prostate stem cell antigen is overexpressed in human transitional cell carcinomaN Amara
Department of Urology, Jonsson Cancer Center, University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Cancer Res 61:4660-5. 2001..in normal and malignant urothelial tissues to assess its potential as an immunotherapeutic target in transitional cell carcinoma (TCC)...
- A nuclear form of the heparin-binding epidermal growth factor-like growth factor precursor is a feature of aggressive transitional cell carcinomaRosalyn M Adam
Departments of Urology and Surgery, Children s Hospital Boston and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Res 63:484-90. 2003..In this study, we identify a potential role for proHB-EGF in transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the bladder...
- Large-scale real-time reverse transcription-PCR approach of angiogenic pathways in human transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder: identification of VEGFA as a major independent prognostic markerGéraldine Pignot
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, AP HP, Hopital Cochin, Department of Urology, Paris, F 75014 France
Eur Urol 56:678-88. 2009..Actors of the angiogenesis pathways are targets for the new promising targeted therapies already used in several malignancies. In bladder cancer, antiangiogenic molecules could also add to already existing treatment options...
- Prognostic significance of HIF-1 alpha polymorphisms in transitional cell carcinoma of the bladderJunichi Nadaoka
Department of Urology, Akita University School of Medicine, Akita, Japan
Int J Cancer 122:1297-302. 2008..investigated the association between the HIF-1 alpha polymorphisms and the incidence and progression of transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder, and the relationship between the polymorphisms and the tissue vascular endothelial ..
- Preoperative plasma levels of interleukin-6 and its soluble receptor predict disease recurrence and survival of patients with bladder cancerBen Andrews
Scott Department of Urology, Baylor College of Medicine and The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA
J Urol 167:1475-81. 2002..We tested the hypothesis that preoperative plasma IL-6 and IL-6sR levels would predict cancer stage and prognosis in patients with transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder.
- Assessment of the transcriptional activity of p53 improves the prediction of recurrence in superficial transitional cell carcinoma of the bladderAnne France Dekairelle
Laboratory of Applied Molecular Technologies, Center for Human Genetics, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Clin Cancer Res 11:4724-32. 2005..To investigate the value of p53 functional analysis of separated alleles in yeast (FASAY) as a witness of p53/p21 pathway alteration and as a predictor of recurrence in superficial transitional cell carcinomas...
- Prognostic impact of p63 and p53 expression in upper urinary tract transitional cell carcinomaRichard Zigeuner
Department of Urology, University of Graz Medical School, Graz, Austria
Urology 63:1079-83. 2004To analyze p63 and p53 immunoreactivity of upper urinary tract transitional cell carcinoma with respect to prognosis...
- Chronic inflammation and bladder cancerDominique S Michaud
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Urol Oncol 25:260-8. 2007..In developed countries, transitional cell carcinoma is the predominant type of bladder cancer, whereas in Schistosomiasis-endemic regions, squamous cell ..
- Independent predictors of metachronous bladder transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) after nephroureterectomy for TCC of the upper urinary tractGiacomo Novara
IRCCS Istituto Oncologico Veneto IOV, Padua, Italy
BJU Int 101:1368-74. 2008To identify the prognostic factors predictive of metachronous bladder transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) in a multi-institutional dataset of patients who had undergone nephroureterectomy (NU) for nonmetastatic upper urinary tract (UUT) TCC.
- Interobserver discrepancy using the 1998 World Health Organization/International Society of Urologic Pathology classification of urothelial neoplasms: practical choices for patient careWilliam M Murphy
Department of Pathology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainsville, Florida, USA
J Urol 168:968-72. 2002..The results suggest that patients may benefit from modifying the classification system...
- 1,25 Dihydroxyvitamin D(3) receptor expression in superficial transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder: a possible prognostic factor?M Oguz Sahin
Department of Urology, Dokuz Eylul University, School of Medicine, Izmir 35340, Turkey
Eur Urol 47:52-7. 2005..This study was undertaken to determine the VDR expression status and to elucidate the prognostic significance of VDRs in superficial transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the human bladder.
- Micropapillary variant of transitional cell carcinoma of the ureterY L Oh
Department of Diagnostic Pathology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Pathol Int 50:52-6. 2000Micropapillary variant of transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) is a rare entity, having a distinct micropapillary component mimicking papillary serous carcinoma of the ovary and has been reported exclusively in the urinary bladder...
- Expression of survivin, a novel inhibitor of apoptosis, in superficial transitional cell carcinoma of the bladderJa Hyeon Ku
Department of Urology, Military Manpower Administration, Seoul, Korea
J Urol 171:631-5. 2004..We investigated whether the over expression of survivin, a new antiapoptotic protein, might provide prognostic information in patients with superficial bladder cancer...
- Predictive value of expression of transforming growth factor-beta(1) and its receptors in transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladderJ H Kim
Scott Department of Urology, Baylor College of Medicine and The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 92:1475-83. 2001..to describe the expression patterns of transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta(1) and its receptors in transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the bladder, to investigate the relation between the TGF-beta(1) and its receptors, and to ..
- Overexpression of cyclin D1 correlates with early recurrence in superficial bladder cancersK Y Shin
Department of Urology, College of Medicine, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea
Br J Cancer 75:1788-92. 1997..We analysed the expression of cyclin D1 in 75 patients with transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) to investigate the possible relationship between its expression and clinical outcome as well as ..
- Incidence of downstaging and complete remission after neoadjuvant chemotherapy for high-risk upper tract transitional cell carcinomaSurena F Matin
Department of Urology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 116:3127-34. 2010..the incidence of pathologic downstaging and complete remission (CR) in patients with high-grade ureteral and renal pelvic transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) (upper tract TCC) who received neoadjuvant chemotherapy followed by surgery.
- Loss of prostasin (PRSS8) in human bladder transitional cell carcinoma cell lines is associated with epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT)Li Mei Chen
Department of Molecular Biology, Burnett School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Central Florida College of Medicine, Orlando, Florida 32816, USA
BMC Cancer 9:377. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate prostasin expression states in the transitional cell carcinomas (TCC) of the human bladder and in human TCC cell lines...
- Genetic association of monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP-1)-2518 polymorphism in Mexican patients with transitional cell carcinoma of the bladderLuis Gabriel Vázquez-Lavista
Department of Urology, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Mexico City, Mexico
Urology 74:414-8. 2009..investigate the role of MCP-1-2518, stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF-1)-G801A and chemokine receptors CCR5-Delta32, CCR5-59 029, and CCR2-64I gene polymorphisms in transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder in Mexican Mestizo patients.
- Overview of bladder cancer trials in the European Organization for Research and TreatmentRonald de Wit
Department of Medical Oncology, Rotterdam Cancer Institute and Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer 97:2120-6. 2003..The EORTC GU Group currently is coordinating an Intergroup study that was designed to detect an improvement of 7% in absolute survival in the adjuvant setting. Cancer 2003;97(8 Suppl):2120-6...
- Cystectomy for bladder cancer: a contemporary seriesG Dalbagni
Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
J Urol 165:1111-6. 2001..b>Transitional cell carcinoma was the predominant histological type, and no significant difference was found in patient outcome among ..
- High expression of human uroplakin Ia in urinary bladder transitional cell carcinomaSusumu Kageyama
Department of Urology, Shiga University of Medical Science, Otsu, Shiga 520 2192
Jpn J Cancer Res 93:523-31. 2002..the usefulness of human UP Ia as a histological marker by examining its expression in urinary bladder transitional cell carcinoma (TCC). A polyclonal antibody against human UP Ia was raised using a synthesized polypeptide...
- Laparoscopic radical cystectomy for cancer: oncological outcomes at up to 5 yearsGeorges Pascal Haber
Section of Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery, Glickman Urological Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
BJU Int 100:137-42. 2007....
- Relationship between cysteinyl-leukotriene-1 receptor and human transitional cell carcinoma in bladderMasahide Matsuyama
Department of Urology, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Urology 73:916-21. 2009..the leukotriene (LT) D(4) (LTD(4)) receptor (cysteinyl-LT(1) receptor [CysLT(1)R]) expression in transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the bladder, as well as the effects of the CysLT(1)R antagonist on cell proliferation in TCC ..
- T1G3 transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder: recurrence, progression and survivalM Peyromaure
Department of Urology, Cochin Hospital, Paris, France
BJU Int 93:60-3. 2004..To report our experience with T1G3 bladder tumours over the last 10 years...
- Endoscopic detection of transitional cell carcinoma with 5-aminolevulinic acid: results of 1012 fluorescence endoscopiesD Zaak
Department of Urology, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Munich, Germany
Urology 57:690-4. 2001..7% of these additionally detected neoplastic foci had poorly differentiated histologic features. CONCLUSIONS: AFE has proved to be a clinically feasible procedure with an outstanding detection rate for flat, urothelial, high-risk lesions...
- Outcome of surgical resection of pulmonary metastasis from urinary tract transitional cell carcinomaRyu Kanzaki
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, 1 3 3 Nakamichi, Higashinari ku, Osaka 537 8511, Japan
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 11:60-4. 2010There is little information on pulmonary metastasectomy of urinary tract transitional cell carcinoma (TCC)...
- PTCH gene mutations in invasive transitional cell carcinoma of the bladderT W McGarvey
Department of Surgery, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center and Veterans Administration Medical Center, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Oncogene 17:1167-72. 1998....
- Efficacy of selective estrogen receptor modulators in nude mice bearing human transitional cell carcinomaGuru Sonpavde
U S Oncology Research, Webster, Texas, USA
Urology 69:1221-6. 2007..To evaluate estrogen receptors as a therapeutic target for human bladder cancer...
- Imaging and staging of transitional cell carcinoma: part 1, lower urinary tractRaghunandan Vikram
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030 4009, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 192:1481-7. 2009b>Transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the bladder is one of the most common malignancies affecting the genitourinary tract and is characterized by multifocality and a high incidence of recurrence...
- Molecular evolution and intratumor heterogeneity by topographic compartments in muscle-invasive transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladderS J Diaz-Cano
Department of Pathology, St Bartholomew s and the Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, United Kingdom
Lab Invest 80:279-89. 2000..No differences in the immunohistochemical expression were observed, precluding a more extensive clinical application...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 is highly expressed in carcinoma in situ and T1 transitional cell carcinoma of the bladderShahrokh F Shariat
Scott Department of Urology, Baylor College of Medicine and Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA
J Urol 169:938-42. 2003We describe cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) expression patterns in patients with carcinoma in situ and/or stage T1 transitional cell carcinoma. We determined whether expression is associated with clinical outcome in these patients.
- Interleukin-4 gene intron-3 polymorphism is associated with transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladderFuu Jen Tsai
Department of Paediatrics, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
BJU Int 95:432-5. 2005..the interleukin-4 gene exon 3, and of the interleukin-1beta gene exon 5 and promoter region, are associated with transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the urinary bladder, as cytokines are hypothesized to be important in cancer formation.
- Tumor lymphangiogenesis in transitional cell carcinoma of the upper urinary tract: association with clinicopathological features and prognosisYasuyoshi Miyata
Department of Urology, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Science, Nagasaki 852 8501, Japan
J Urol 176:348-53. 2006..We investigated the clinical and prognostic significance of lymphangiogenesis in patients with transitional cell carcinoma of the upper urinary tract.
- Molecular biology of transitional cell carcinomaSana Al-Sukhun
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, Wayne State University School of Medicine and The Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI, USA
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 47:181-93. 2003b>Transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) is the fifth most common solid malignancy in the USA...
- Expression of LAT1 predicts risk of progression of transitional cell carcinoma of the upper urinary tractKuniaki Nakanishi
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, National Defense Medical College, Tokorozawa, 359 8513, Japan
Virchows Arch 451:681-90. 2007..In conclusion, the detection of the active form of LAT1 protein would appear to be of value in informing the risk of progression in transitional cell carcinoma of the upper urinary tract.
- Role of bone morphogenetic proteins in transitional cell carcinoma cellsIsaac Yi Kim
Division of Urologic Oncology, The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, 195 Little Albany Street 4560, New Brunswick, NJ 08903, USA
Cancer Lett 241:118-23. 2006..Herein, we review the data concerning BMPs in transitional cell carcinoma cells.
- Heterogeneity of cellular proliferation within transitional cell carcinoma: correlation of protein kinase C alpha/betaI expression and activityVesa Aaltonen
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Oulu, University of Oulu, Finland
J Histochem Cytochem 54:795-806. 2006A total of 18 histological samples containing both transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) and normal urothelial epithelium were analyzed for protein kinase C (PKC)-alpha and -betaI expression, and for their phosphorylated substrates...
- The relationship between the systemic inflammatory response, tumour proliferative activity, T-lymphocytic infiltration and COX-2 expression and survival in patients with transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladderM Hilmy
Department of Surgery, Royal Infirmary University, Glasgow G31 2ER, UK
Br J Cancer 95:1234-8. 2006..activity, T-lymphocytic infiltration, and COX-2 expression and survival was examined in patients with transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder (n=103)...
- Glut 1 expression in transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder is associated with poor patient survivalM Younes
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Anticancer Res 21:575-8. 2001..Glut1 has been shown to be expressed in many human cancers, including transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder (TCCB)...
- The management of urethral transitional cell carcinoma after radical cystectomy for invasive bladder cancerPeter E Clark
Department of Urology, University of Southern California Norris Cancer Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Urol 172:1342-7. 2004Previous reports have identified risk factors for urethral recurrence following radical cystectomy for transitional cell carcinoma (TCC). However, reports of the clinical presentation, treatment and outcome in these patients are lacking...
- Evaluation of cytotoxic effects induced by bcl-2 and bcl-xL antisense-oligodeoxynucleotides in normal urothelium and transitional cell carcinomaUte Gabriel
Department of Urology, Mannheim Medical Center, University of Heidelberg, 68167 Mannheim, Germany
Oncol Rep 20:1419-23. 2008..effects of bcl-2 and bcl-xL antisense-oligodeoxynucleotides (AS-ODNs) in benign urothelial and transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) cell lines...
- Expression in bladder transitional cell carcinoma by real-time quantitative reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction array of 65 genes at the tumor suppressor locus 9q34.1-2: identification of 5 candidates tumor suppressor genesNajla Amira
UroGene, Genopole, Evry, France
Int J Cancer 111:539-42. 2004Frequent deletions on 9q34.1-2 were reported in bladder transitional cell carcinoma. High deletion mapping studies delimited a critical interval between markers D9S61 and D9S66, which is highly susceptible to contain a tumor suppressor ..
- Serum Th1 and Th2 cytokine balance in patients of superficial transitional cell carcinoma of bladder pre- and post-intravesical combination immunotherapyAbhilasha Agarwal
Institute of Pathology ICMR, Safdarjung Hospital Campus, New Delhi, India
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 32:348-56. 2010..with intravesical bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG) plus interferon-alpha2b (IFN-alpha2b) for superficial transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) seems to be immune-dependent and activation of Th1 immune response is required for clinical ..
- Relation between cyclooxygenase-2 expression and tumor invasiveness and patient survival in transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladderT Shirahama
Department of Urology, Kagoshima University, Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima, Japan
Cancer 92:188-93. 2001Expression of the inducible form of cyclooxygenase (COX)-2 is known to correlate with development of transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the human urinary bladder...
- Correlation between human papillomavirus infection and bladder transitional cell carcinomaM R Barghi
Shohada Tajrish Hospital, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Urology and Nephrology Research Center, Tehran, Iran
BMC Infect Dis 5:102. 2005To determine the association of human papillomavirus infection (HPV) and transitional cell carcinoma (TCC).
- Ureteral tumour: a specific upper urinary tract transitional cell carcinomaWillem Oosterlinck
Eur Urol 51:1164-5. 2007
- Evaluation of nuclear matrix protein 22 as a tumour marker in the detection of transitional cell carcinoma of the bladderM Sanchez-Carbayo
Laboratorio de Marcadores Tumorales, Servicio de Analisis Clinicos, Hospital General Universitario de Alicante, Spain
BJU Int 84:706-13. 1999....
- Oncologic outcomes for complete robot-assisted laparoscopic management of upper-tract transitional cell carcinomaJonathan A Eandi
Department of Urology, City of Hope, Duarte, California 91010, USA
J Endourol 24:969-75. 2010The gold standard for treatment of upper-tract transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) is nephroureterectomy. For distal ureteral TCC, distal ureterectomy with ureteral reimplantation represents a treatment option...
- A phase II trial of pemetrexed plus gemcitabine in locally advanced and/or metastatic transitional cell carcinoma of the urotheliumH von der Maase
Department of Oncology, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus C, Denmark
Ann Oncol 17:1533-8. 2006..study were to determine overall response rate (ORR), progression-free survival, overall survival and safety and toxicity in chemonaive patients with locally advanced and/or metastatic transitional cell carcinoma of the urothelium.
- Transitional cell carcinoma of the ureter and renal pelvisZiya Kirkali
Department of Urology, Dokuz Eylul University School of Medicine, Inciralti, Izmir 35340, Turkey
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 47:155-69. 2003b>Transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of ureter and renal pelvis is relatively uncommon. Smoking, occupational carcinogens, analgesic abuse, Balkan nephropathy are the risk factors...
- Upper urinary tract tumour after radical cystectomy for transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder: an update on the risk factors, surveillance regimens and treatmentsKristin M Sanderson
Urologic Oncology, Department of Urology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, USC Norris Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
BJU Int 100:11-6. 2007..the genitourinary tract; approximately 3% of patients treated by radical cystectomy (RC) for invasive transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the bladder will subsequently develop a subsequent TCC in the upper urinary tract (UUT) ..
- Soluble form of carbonic anhydrase IX (CAIX) in transitional cell carcinoma of urinary tractL Hyrsl
Department of Urology, Charles University 2nd Faculty of Medicine and Hospital Motol, Prague, Czech, Republic
Neoplasma 56:298-302. 2009We investigated the expression of cell-associated CAIX protein in histological sections of the transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the urinary tract and of the soluble form of CAIX (s-CAIX) shed by the tumor into the serum and urine of ..
- K-RAS mutation in transitional cell carcinoma of urinary bladderS Ayan
Department of Urology, Medical Biology and Genetics and Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Cumhuriyet University, Sivas, Turkey
Int Urol Nephrol 33:363-7. 2001In the present study it was aimed to investigate the frequency of K-RAS mutation in the human bladder transitional cell carcinoma. For this purpose, tissue specimens obtained from the patients with bladder tumors...
- Proapoptotic genes BAX and CD40L are predictors of survival in transitional cell carcinoma of the bladderS A Hussain
Cancer Research UK Institute for Cancer Studies, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, UK
Br J Cancer 88:586-92. 2003..BCL2, BAX, P53, CD40 and CD40L in archival tissues of patients included in various treatment trials for transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the bladder...
- Mutational analysis of the BRAF gene in transitional cell carcinoma of the bladderIoannis Boulalas
Department of Urology, Asklipieio General Hospital, Voula, Athens, Greece
Int J Biol Markers 24:17-21. 2009..The most frequent mutation in exon 15 (V600E) as well as several other mutations within exons 11 and 15 result in constitutive activation of the oncoprotein...
- Prognostic value of lymph node dissection in patients with muscle-invasive transitional cell carcinoma of the upper urinary tractMarco Roscigno
Department of Urology, Vita Salute University San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Eur Urol 53:794-802. 2008To analyze the prognostic role of lymphadenectomy (LND) in patients with muscle-invasive transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the upper urinary tract (UUT) managed with radical surgery.
- Development of a novel proteomic approach for the detection of transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder in urineA Vlahou
Departments of Microbiology and Molecular Cell Biology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, 700 W Olney Rd, Norfolk, VA 23507, USA
Am J Pathol 158:1491-502. 2001Development of noninvasive methods for the diagnosis of transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the bladder remains a challenge...
- Preventing progression and improving survival with BCG maintenanceD L Lamm
West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Eur Urol 37:9-15. 2000..04). There is thus increasingly good evidence that BCG maintenance therapy, at the optimal treatment schedule, provides superior protection from tumour progression and recurrence, and improves long-term survival...
- Prostate stem cell antigen predicts tumour recurrence in superficial transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladderEssam Elsamman
Department of Urology, The University of Tokushima Graudate School Institute of Health Biosciences, Tokushima, Japan
BJU Int 97:1202-7. 2006To evaluate the relationship between prostate stem cell antigen (PSCA) expression level in transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the urinary bladder and various clinicopathological features, including stage and grade; and to determine ..
- Glutathione S-transferase T1-1 activity upregulated in transitional cell carcinoma of urinary bladderT Simic
Institute of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Urology 65:1035-40. 2005..different glutathione S-transferase (GST) classes, including GST class Theta (GSTT) member GSTT1-1, in transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) and the surrounding normal uroepithelium of the same individuals...
- Glutathione S-transferase-P1 expression correlates with increased antioxidant capacity in transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladderAna Savic-Radojevic
Institute of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia
Eur Urol 52:470-7. 2007Our aim was to perform a comprehensive analysis of the antioxidant capacity of transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of urinary bladder and discern the role of enzymes associated with glutathione (GSH) in maintaining high GSH levels in these ..
- Cyclooxygenase-2 expression increases with the stage and grade in transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladderPankaj Wadhwa
Department of Urology, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Int Urol Nephrol 37:47-53. 2005..We investigated the expression of COX-2 in bladder cancer tissue specimens using immunohistochemistry...
- Co-expression of RON and MET is a prognostic indicator for patients with transitional-cell carcinoma of the bladderH L Cheng
Department of Urology, National Cheng Kung University, 1 Ta Hsueh Road, Tainan 70428, Taiwan
Br J Cancer 92:1906-14. 2005..Evaluation of RON and MET expression status may identify a subset of bladder-cancer patients who require more intensive treatment...
- Institutional variability in the accuracy of urinary cytology for predicting recurrence of transitional cell carcinoma of the bladderPierre I Karakiewicz
Department of Urology, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
BJU Int 97:997-1001. 2006..the contemporary inter-institutional accuracy of urinary cytology in predicting the recurrence of transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the bladder, in a large multi-institutional cohort from four continents, as cystoscopy and ..
- Sensitivity and specificity of commonly available bladder tumor markers versus cytology: results of a comprehensive literature review and meta-analysesYair Lotan
Department of Urology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75390 9110, USA
Urology 61:109-18; discussion 118. 2003To determine the clinical utility of urine-based bladder tumor markers (UBBTMs) and cytology in the treatment of patients with transitional cell carcinoma on the basis of their statistical performance.
- Sensitivity to epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitor requires E-cadherin expression in urothelial carcinoma cellsPeter C Black
Department of Urology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:1478-86. 2008..The aim of this study was to define molecular markers of response to cetuximab therapy in a panel of urothelial carcinoma cell lines...
- Promoter hypermethylation in tumour suppressor genes shows association with stage, grade and invasiveness of bladder cancerSonata Jarmalaite
Faculty of Natural Sciences, Vilnius University, Vilnius, Lithuania
Oncology 75:145-51. 2008....
- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy of Tumors and TissuesPamela Nurenberg; Fiscal Year: 2002..tumors such as oncocytoma, and angiomyolipoma, and from other malignant lesions such as lymphoma, transitional cell carcinoma, and metastasis. C...
- Targeted siRNA nanotechnology for intravesical treatment of urologicaldiseasesRobert M Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2010..biodegradable nanospheres provides wide opportunities for the treatment of urologic diseases including transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder (TCC), interstitial cystitis (IC), overactive bladder, and detrusor hyperreflexia...
- Biomarker Reference Laboratory, EDRNWilliam E Grizzle; Fiscal Year: 2010..of the validation study of using microsatellite analysis of urine sediment in the early detection of transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder and as the primary validation laboratory of the Validation Study of the use of SELDI-TOF-..
- Telomere dysfunction, chromosome 9 instability and bladder cancer riskYun Ling Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2013..established that environmental exposures, particularly tobacco smoking, are important risk factors in transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the urinary bladder...
- Identification, Characterization and Enrichment of Adult Urothelial Stem CellsERIC ABRAHAM KURZROCK; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will lead to further study of cancer stem cells and better treatments for transitional cell carcinoma. PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Stem cells carry a tissue's regenerative potential for the life of the ..
- Rhodiola Rosea Extracts, Salidroside and Bladder Cancer ChemopreventionXiaolin Zi; Fiscal Year: 2012..of the RRE and salidroside in UPII- mutant Ha-ras transgenic mice that produce superficial papillary transitional cell carcinoma;Second, we will investigate mechanisms of the RRE and salidroside's action on the mTOR pathway ..
- Functional analysis of leukemic CREBBP mutationsCharles G Mullighan; Fiscal Year: 2013..mutational spectrum of relapsed acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), B cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma, and transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder have identified lesions in the two genes encoding the KAT3 family of histone ..
- Investigating the role of p73 and its isoforms in tumorigenesis and metastasisElsa R Flores; Fiscal Year: 2013..Data from some human tumors, including lung adenocarcinoma, transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder, osteosarcoma, mammary adenocarcinoma and myelogenous leukemia, indicate that loss of ..
- Rapid release paclitaxel nanoparticles for bladder cancer intravestical therapyZe Lu; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Transitional cell carcinoma accounts for more than 90% of bladder cancers...
- Efficacy of BCG Therapy is a Function of Bladder Tumor Immune MicroenvironmentJAMES JOSEPH LEE; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Transitional cell carcinoma is the most common pathologic subtype of bladder cancer and is observed in over 90% of tumors...
- Determining the mechanistic and therapeutic roles of microRNAs in bladder cancerGANGNING NONE LIANG; Fiscal Year: 2013..Bladder cancer, which usually presents as transitional cell carcinoma (TCC), is the fifth most common cancer in the United States...
- Application of Boolean Networks to discover stem and progenitor cellsDebashis Sahoo; Fiscal Year: 2012..I am planning to validate this approach in human bladder cancer (Transitional Cell Carcinoma), first, because it is a simple model cancer to test, and, second, because our laboratory has the ..
- Hedgehog signaling links bladder injury and cancerDAVID MONTY BERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..4) To test whether continuously enforced Hh signaling is sufficient to induce urothelial carcinogenesis. ..
- PROTEASE INHIBITORS IN HUMAN BLADDER CANCER INVASIONBrian Liu; Fiscal Year: 1993..To study the biochemical mechanisms of bladder tumor invasion, we have previously analyzed invasive transitional cell carcinoma cell line EJ and non-invasive transitional cell carcinoma cell line RT4 which had been implanted into ..
- MCAV in Organ-Confined Bladder CA based on p53 StatusRichard Cote; Fiscal Year: 2006..Tumor progression in transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the urinary bladder is believed to occur through a multistep accumulation of genetic ..
- Fiberoptic Microneedle Device for Nanoparticle-Enhanced Photothermal Therapy of AChristopher G Rylander; Fiscal Year: 2012..of the FMD for effective nanoparticle-enhanced photothermal therapy in rodent and canine models of transitional cell carcinoma. Completion of Objective 1 will allow critical characterization of the multifunctional capability of ..
- Antiestrogen Regulation of Bladder CancerCarolyn Smith; Fiscal Year: 2009..Experiments employing ligand binding analyses indicate that ERs are present in transitional cell carcinoma of bladder in humans, and immunological approaches demonstrate ERa expression in 12%-18% of tested ..
- PROSTATE ULTRASONOGRAPHY AND BIOCHEMICAL PROFILEMartin Resnick; Fiscal Year: 1992..radical prostatectomy for known adenocarcinoma of the prostate and radical cystoprostatectomy for known transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder...
- Metallothionein Isoform 3 as a Urinary Marker for Bladder CancerDonald Sens; Fiscal Year: 2009..The tumor heterotransplants generated from these transformants displayed the histology expected of transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder...
- Capsaicin for chemoprevention of transition cell carcinoma of the bladderRita Ghosh; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder is a highly recurrent and the most common form of bladder cancer in the United States. It is very expensive to monitor and treat this form of bladder cancer...
- VOLUME MICROPROBE TM ASSISTED BLADDER BIOPSYRobert Nordstrom; Fiscal Year: 1999Approximately 40,000 new cases of early stage transitional cell carcinoma (TCCA) present annually in the US. Over 30,000 are superficial; 75% recur; 10-15% progress to invasion...
- SLIT SCAN DETECTION OF BLADDER CANCERLEON WHEELESS; Fiscal Year: 1999..development and progression, and provide information on clinical course for patients with superficial transitional cell carcinoma. The goal will be met through four specific aims: l) Test the hypothesis that chromosome 9 aberrations ..
- Effect of G-CSFR expression in bladder cancerArup Chakraborty; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our aim is to clearly demonstrate that G-CSF expression coupled with aberrant G-CSFR expression by transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) can be used as a predictor of more aggressive behavior...
- The role of CAR and its application in bladder cancerJer Tsong Hsieh; Fiscal Year: 2006..Variable morphology, natural history, and prognosis demonstrate that transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the bladder is not a single disease, but occurs in three distinct forms, each possessing ..
- Identification of Genes Involved in Bladder CancerJohn Clifford; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Project Summary: Transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder (TCC) ranks 4th in incidence of all cancers in the developed world, yet the mechanisms of its origin and progression remain ..
- METALLOTHIONEIN & HUMAN TUMOR RESISTANCE TO CHEMOTHERAPYMarc Ernstoff; Fiscal Year: 1992..of MT on tumor resistance, we propose to measure the cellular expression of MT in two human cancers: transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder and squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck...
- Parallel OCT System for Endoscopic ImagingJennifer Barton; Fiscal Year: 2004..4. Determine the ability of the I I OCT system to accurately determine the stage of transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder...
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF HUMAN BLADDER CARCINOGENESISPeter Jones; Fiscal Year: 2006..bladder cancer databases to further understand the etiology, diagnosis and prognosis of transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder...
- HUMAN ANTITUMOR EFFECTOR MECHANISMSEdmund Lattime; Fiscal Year: 2001..Assess the interaction between tumor and the host immune cells in patients with transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder; 2. Assess the effects of inhibition of IL-10 on TCC growth and antigen expression; 3...
- MOLECULAR IMAGING OF ADVANCED BLADDER CANCERJOHN FRANGIONI; Fiscal Year: 2002..We believe that bladder cancer-specific, low-molecular weight ligands will someday be clinically useful reagents for improved detection and guided therapy of transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder.
- Chemoprevention of murine urinary bladder carcinogenesisAshish Kamat; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Bladder-specific Knockout and Gene ExpressionXue ru Wu; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will generate powerful experimental tools for studying bladder biology and diseases and offer molecular insights regarding urothelial growth and tumorigenesis. ..
- COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY SOUTHWEST ONCOLOGY GROUP PROGRAMDaniel Petrylak; Fiscal Year: 2003..Based on substantial laboratory strength, we intend to integrate Columbia laboratory resources as core support for SWOG clinical studies. ..
- Pilot Study--Cox2 Inhibitor in Invasive Bladder CancerDEBORAH KNAPP; Fiscal Year: 2002..Most of those deaths are due to invasive transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) that has metastasized and is resistant to chemotherapy...
- FDG PET-CT in Metastatic Prostate CancerHossein Jadvar; Fiscal Year: 2010..Rigorous statistical methods will be applied to determine the diagnostic and prognostic performance of FDG PET-CT in this clinical setting. ..
- Targeted Intervention Against EphA2 on Cancer CellsDEBORAH KNAPP; Fiscal Year: 2004..Upon conclusion of our studies, we will have validated EphA2 as a molecular target for cancer treatment and will have generated the reagents and expertise to exploit a critical vulnerability on malignant cells. ..
- Cardiovascular Risk in Testicular Cancer SurvivorsDavid Vaughn; Fiscal Year: 2004..However, prior to initiating an intervention study, these parameters need to be explicated. ..
- MODULATION OF DNA REPAIR BY P53 IN HUMAN UROEPITHELIUMSanthanam Swaminathan; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results of these studies have important etiologic, mechanistic and therapeutic implications in human cancers. ..
- THE SINGAPORE COHORT STUDY OF DIET AND CANCERJian Min Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Ribosome-based Single Molecule Method to Acquire Sequence Data from GenomesWlodek Mandecki; Fiscal Year: 2010..The method can be used for nucleic acid diagnostics in vitro and in drug discovery. ..
- Nested case-control study of JC virus infection and incident colorectal cancerDana Rollison; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A prospective study of diet and adult gliomasDominique Michaud; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study should contribute substantially to our understanding of the relation between diet and the risk of adult gliomas, and might provide opportunities for prevention of this deadly disease. ..
- Glycosaminoglycans For IC Pathophysiology and PrognosisVinata Lokeshwar; Fiscal Year: 2005..Furthermore, it might yield a test or a combination of tests that can be used in the follow-up of IC patients and for monitoring 9 treatment responses. ..
- Yeast Assay for p53 Molecular Analysis in Bladder CancerRalph deVere White; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results obtained during the period of this grant will form the basis for future studies that should affect treatment strategies for this disease. ..
- Multicentric Pooled Analysis of Second Primary CancerPaul Brennan; Fiscal Year: 2004..g., ultraviolet light); (ii) an investigation of rare cancer types (e.g., bone cancer or sarcomas); and (iii) an investigation of second primary cancers which may be increased due to treatment of a first primary cancer (e.g., leukemia). ..
- Acupuncture for hot flashes in prostate cancer patientsTOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2004..The overall goal is to provide prostate cancer patients an effective, low toxicity, non-pharmacologic treatment modality for hot flashes. ..
- FUNCTIONS OF DIFFERENT P53 MUTATIONS IN PROSTATE CANCERRalph deVere White; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results obtained during the period of this grant proposal will form the basis for future studies that should affect treatment strategies for this disease. ..
- Differential Gene Expression Induced by AntioxidantsJeri Kim; Fiscal Year: 2004..Once characterized, these SBs will widen the scope and enhance the feasibility of prostate cancer trials, creating broader opportunities for advances toward successful prevention, effective treatment, and eventual cure. ..
- Neurotrophins and Tyrosine Kinases in Prostate CancerChristopher Evans; Fiscal Year: 2006..This proposal is based on significant preliminary data and has strong translational potential for future proposals. ..
- PARADIGM OF MULTISTEP URINARY BLADDER CARCINOGENESISBogdan Czerniak; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Dietary Factors in the Etiology of Colorectal CancerJian Min Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2008..The potential modifying effects of HAA activating genes and tea polyphenols on the HAA-colorectal cancer association will be explored. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pilot for a Multicenter Case-Control Study of Pancreatic Cancer in a High Risk r*Paul Brennan; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- hAR Alterations and Androgen-Independent Prostate CancerRalph de Vere White; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Novel Vitamin D Target in Human Prostate CancerTOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2007..New treatment targets are needed to develop new drugs to treat prostate cancer, the most commonly diagnosed cancer and the second-leading cancer killer in US men. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- International Lung Cancer Consortium: Pooled analysis o*Paul Brennan; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- DIETARY FACTORS IN THE ETIOLOGY OF CANCER IN SHANGHAIJian Min Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2006..In all instances of diet-cancer investigations, relevant genes with potential modifying effects on the respective diet-cancer associations will be included in the investigations. ..
- BCG in Endogeneous and Exogenous Antigen-Induced T CellYi Luo; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Effects of Yoga on Quality of Life during Breast CancerAlyson Moadel; Fiscal Year: 2002..Multivariate analyses will be used to examine the hypothesis that a Yoga program will improve upon overall QOL by at least 15 percent (based on a .25 effect size) in comparison to Standard Care. ..