Summary: A condition where the stomach wall becomes thickened, rubbery and loses its ability to distend. The stomach assumes a "leather bottle" shape. It is most often seen in adenocarcinoma of the stomach. The term is often used synonymously with diffuse adenocarcinoma of the stomach.
Publications126 found, 100 shown here
- Dig deeperShannon Pittman
Department of Family Medicine, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson 39216, USA
J Miss State Med Assoc 46:236-9. 2005
- [Linitis plastica]Mohamed Issam Beyrouti
Service de Chirurgie Generale, EPS Habib Bourguiba, 3029 Sfax, Tunisie
Presse Med 36:1782-6. 2007b>Linitis plastica accounts for 3-19% of gastric cancers. Its diagnosis requires morphology findings of an infiltrating stomach tumor and pathology findings including signet-ring cells and fibrous stroma...
- Study of survival and prognostic factors in patients undergoing resection for gastric linitis plastica: a review of 86 casesA Hamy
Department of Surgery, North University Hospital, Nantes, France
Int Surg 84:337-43. 1999..4 years) treated from 1979 to 1995 for linitis plastica of the stomach (LP). The mean interval between the first manifestations and surgery was 3.5 months...
- Gastric outlet obstruction secondary to linitis plastica of the stomach as shown on transabdominal sonographyStephen A Shiver
Department of Emergency Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912 4007, USA
J Ultrasound Med 23:989-92. 2004
- Facing the challenge of managing linitis plastica--review of the literatureAikaterini Mastoraki
4th Department of Surgery, Athens University, Medical School, Attikon University Hospital, 1 Rimini Str, 12462, Chaidari, Athens, Greece
Hepatogastroenterology 56:1773-8. 2009b>Linitis Plastica (LP) denotes a diffuse, intra-murally infiltrating, anaplastic carcinoma in a hollow structure resulting in a shrunken organ with thickened walls...
- Gastric linitis plastica from metastatic breast carcinoma: FDG and FES PET appearancesJeffrey P Kanne
Department of Radiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7115, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:W503-5. 2007
- Differential trends in the intestinal and diffuse types of gastric carcinoma in the United States, 1973-2000: increase in the signet ring cell typeDonald Earl Henson
Department of Pathology and the Office of Cancer Prevention and Control, The George Washington University Cancer Institute, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 128:765-70. 2004..This decline has primarily included the intestinal type (Lauren classification). However, there is an impression among pathologists that the diffuse type, especially the signet ring cell subtype, has become more prevalent...
- Metastatic breast carcinoma simulating linitis plastica of the colon: report of a caseMasayuki Okido
Department of Surgery, Hamanomachi Hospital, 3 5 27 Maizuru, Chuo Ku, Fukuoka, 810 8539, Japan
Surg Today 41:542-5. 2011..Imaging studies indicated linitis plastica of the colon. She underwent surgery because of the stenosis of the transverse colon...
- TS-1 as first-line therapy for gastric linitis plastica: historical control studyTohru Sasaki
Department of Gastroenterology, Kitasato University East Hospital, Kanagawa, Japan
Anticancer Drugs 17:581-6. 2006Gastric linitis plastica (LP) is usually found as an advanced gastric cancer and has a poor prognosis. No sufficiently effective chemotherapy has been reported...
- Prognostic factors in patients with diffuse type gastric cancer (linitis plastica) after operative treatmentM Schauer
Department of General, Visceral, and Pediatric Surgery, Universitaetsklinikum Duesseldorf, Heinrich Heine Universitaet, Moorenstrasse 5, 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
Eur J Med Res 16:29-33. 2011Treatment options for patients with diffuse type gastric cancer (linitis plastica) are discussed controversial...
- Gastric linitis plastica with metastases to the colon: a mimic of Crohn's diseaseR M Katon
Department of Medicine, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201
J Clin Gastroenterol 11:555-60. 1989..Finally, laparotomy with full-thickness biopsies of the stomach and colon revealed linitis plastica. The clinician should be alert to colonic metastases from gastric linitis plastica, for it can produce focal ..
- [Linitis plastica of the stomach. Factors influencing prognosis]J Visset
Clinique Chirurgicale I, hôpital G R Laennec, CHRU de Nantes
Chirurgie 118:236-42; discussion 243. 1992..a retrospective study of a series of 57 patients aged 63 years in average, followed up from 1979 to 1989 for linitis plastica of the stomach...
- Shifting proportions of gastric adenocarcinomasJ C Salvon-Harman
Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Mass
Arch Surg 129:381-8; discussion 388-9. 1994....
- Concomitant sclerosing mesenteritis and inflammatory pseudotumor simulating gastric lymphoma or linitis plasticaY Gincherman
Department of Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, USA
J Surg Oncol 59:136-8. 1995..We report a case of the patient presenting with abdominal mass that was identified as having features of both sclerosing mesenteritis and inflammatory pseudotumor on pathologic diagnosis...
- Primary linitis plastica of the jejunumHsu Heng Yen
Department of Gastroenterology, Changhua Christian Medical Center, Taiwan
Gastrointest Endosc 63:503; discussion 504. 2006
- CT features of metastatic linitis plastica to the rectum in patients with peritoneal carcinomatosisH K Ha
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 174:463-6. 2000We examined the CT features of 22 patients with metastatic linitis plastica to the rectum.
- The number of metastatic lymph nodes is a significant risk factor for bone metastasis and poor outcome after surgery for linitis plastica-type gastric carcinomaYasuhiro Kodera
Department of Surgery II, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65, Tsurumai cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Aichi, Japan
World J Surg 32:2015-20. 2008b>Linitis plastica-type gastric carcinoma remains a disease with poor prognosis despite an aggressive surgical approach...
- Scintigraphic appearance of "linitis plastica" in a patient with gastric non-Hodgkin's lymphoma on 18F-FDG imagingIlknur Ak
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Osmangazi University Medical Faculty, 26480, Eskisehir, Turkey
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 33:625-6. 2006
- Secondary linitis plastica of the rectum: EUS features and tissue diagnosis (with video)Ferga C Gleeson
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Pathology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 68:591-6. 2008..Luminal metastases to the GI tract may be seen at the time of the primary diagnosis or may represent evidence of a distant recurrence...
- A new mutation of E-cadherin gene in familial gastric linitis plastica cancer with extra-digestive disseminationL Dussaulx-Garin
Service des Maladies de l Appareil digestif, Hĵpital Pontchaillou, Rennes, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 13:711-5. 2001..The alteration of this protein, which plays a crucial role in epithelial cell adhesion, probably explains the clinical expression in this type of familial diffuse gastric cancer...
- Linitis plastica in a 16-year-old. 1975Ward B Hurlburt
Alaska Med 48:64-6. 2006..Eskimo girl unusual because of her young age, the presentation with a perforation and the presence of a linitis plastica type involvement...
- [Linitis plastica]P Karila-Cohen
Département d Imagerie FMP, 24 rue Saint Victor 75005 Paris, France
J Radiol 86:37-40. 2005
- [Plastic linitis as a manifestation of metastases from breast cancer]J R Moles
Unidad de Digestivo Servicio de Medicina Interna Hospital de Sagunto Valencia España
Gastroenterol Hepatol 25:549-51. 2002..The gastric metastases of lobular carcinoma are not so infrequent as it was believed, and its diagnostic require a high index of suspicion, given the inespecifity of symptomatology that it used to present...
- [Intestinal linitis plastica: late metastasis from gastric signet ring cell adenocarcinoma]María Rodríguez Ortega
Servicio de Cirugía General y Digestivo, Hospital Universitario de Getafe, Madrid, Espana
Cir Esp 80:171-3. 2006b>Linitis plastica is a malignant disease that usually occurs in the stomach, although it can affect any segment of the alimentary tract. Typically, this entity shows slow progression and insidious clinical course...
- [Intestinal linitis plastica, late metastases in signet-ring gastric adenocarcinoma]M Rodriguez Ortega
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 98:391-2. 2006
- Intestinal epithelial lesions associated with signet ring cell carcinoma of the colon and small intestineKien T Mai
Division of Anatomical Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Ottawa Civic Hospital, Ontario, Canada
Pathology 34:51-6. 2002..The purpose of this study was to investigate the epithelial lesions associated with signet ring cell carcinoma (SRCC) of the colon and small intestine and the possible mechanism of tumour development...
- An endoscopic view in gastric linitis. A case reportLucian Negreanu
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, CHU Trousseau, Route de Loches, 30744 Tours cedex, France
J Gastrointestin Liver Dis 16:321-3. 2007..Classically, there is no characteristic macroscopic description associated with gastric linitis. An endoscopic aspect considered highly suggestive for gastric linitis is presented...
- Detection of disseminated cancer cells in linitis plastica-type gastric carcinomaYasuhiro Kodera
Department of Surgery II, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 34:525-31. 2004..of cancer cells in the abdominal cavity may lead to peritoneal carcinomatosis, a common event in the linitis plastica type of gastric carcinoma...
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumour (GIST) masquerading as linitis plasticaJ M D Wheeler
Histopathology 44:88-90. 2004
- Cytologic diagnosis of gastric linitis plastica by endoscopic ultrasound guided fine-needle aspirationJining Feng
Diagn Cytopathol 34:177-9. 2006
- [Gastric amyloidosis mimicking malignancy. A case report]H Bedioui
Service de Chirurgie A, Hopital La Rabta, 1007 Jabbari, Tunis, Tunisie
Ann Chir 131:455-8. 2006..We report the case of a 56-year-old man, admitted with upper digestive outlet obstruction. Linitis plastica with lymph node involvement was suspected by gastroscopy, barium meal and endoscopic ultrasonography but was ..
- [Rectal linitis as the first manifestation of a prostatic cancer]Innocenti Dadamessi
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:538-9. 2002
- MR imaging of linitis plastica of the rectumV Rudralingam
Department of Radiology, Royal Preston Hospital, Sharoe Green Ln, Preston, PR2 9HT, United Kingdom
AJR Am J Roentgenol 181:428-30. 2003
- [Primary linitis plastica of the rectum: a rare tumor]Z Samlani-Sebbane
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 32:530-1. 2008
- [Acute phlegmonous gastritis in a patient with AIDS]Marcelo Corti
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 25:218-20. 2007
- Linitis plastica due to gastric diverticulosisS D Patel
Department of General Surgery, Derby City General Hospital, Derby DE22 3NE, UK
J R Soc Med 98:416-7. 2005
- Gastric tuberculosis presenting as linitis plastica: a case report and review of the literatureRupjyoti Talukdar
Pushpawati Singhania Research Institute, New Delhi, India
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 18:299-303. 2006..A case of gastric tuberculosis presenting as linitis plastica is reported here. This is the first such case report...
- Primary linitis plastica carcinoma of the colon accompanied by peritoneal abscessYasutomo Fujii
Department of Clinical Laboratory Medicine, Jichi Medical School, Minami Kawachi Machi, Kawachi gun, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
J Clin Ultrasound 31:488-92. 2003We describe the case of a 75-year-old woman with linitis plastica carcinoma of the colon, accompanied by a peritoneal abscess, in which the use of transabdominal sonography enabled prompt detection and diagnosis...
- Gastric cancer: new genetic developmentsHenry T Lynch
Department of Preventive Medicine, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, Nebraska 68178, USA
J Surg Oncol 90:114-33; discussion 133. 2005..infiltrate the gastric wall, leading to its widespread thickening and rigidity of the gastric wall, known as linitis plastica. Helicobacter pylori infection is associated with risk for both the intestinal and diffuse varieties of ..
- Does neoadjuvant treatment for gastric cancer patients with positive peritoneal cytology at staging laparoscopy improve survival?Brian Badgwell
Department of Surgical Oncology, Unit 444, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, P O Box 301402, Houston, TX, 77030, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 15:2684-91. 2008....
- [Therapeutic strategy for type 4 gastric cancer from the clinical oncologist standpoint]Tohru Sasaki
Dept of Gastroenterology, Kitasato University East Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 34:988-92. 2007..or its combination regimens demonstrated greater anti-tumor effects and longer survival time for gastric linitis plastica compared with conventional 5-FU regimens in our historical control study (response rate: S-1/non S-1 57.9%/27...
- Gastric metastases. An endoscopic series of ten casesN Trouillet
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, CHU d Amiens, Place Victor Pauchet, 80054 Amiens cedex 01, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 34:305-9. 2010..On endoscopy, tumors appeared as nodules with a central ulceration (5), an ulceration (4) or simulating linitis plastica (1). Metastases were located in the cardia (2), fundus (5) and antrum (3)...
- Surgical treatment of gastric cancer invading the oesophagusF Bozzetti
Unit of Surgical Oncology of the Digestive Tract, National Cancer Institute, Via Venezian, Milan, 1, 20133, Italy
Eur J Surg Oncol 26:810-4. 2000..There is controversy regarding which type of surgical treatment is most appropriate for upper gastric cancer invading the oesophagus...
- Epidemiology and long term survival of gastric carcinoma in the French district of Finistere between 1984 and 1995Joseph Faycal
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, CHU La Cavale Blanche, 29609 Brest Cedex, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 29:23-32. 2005..The aims of this study were to evaluate trends in incidence, clinical characteristics, treatment regimen and prognosis of gastric carcinoma in the area of Finistere (France) during a 12-year period...
- Gastric syphilis mimicking linitis plasticaR A Abdu
Department of Surgery, St Elizabeth Hospital Medical Center, Youngstown, Ohio 44501 1790
Arch Surg 128:103-4. 1993..Carcinoma must be ruled out, lest the patient lose valuable time while being treated for syphilis...
- A case of alpha-fetoprotein-producing gastric cancerK F Foo
Department of Medical Oncology, National Cancer Centre, 11 Hospital Drive, Singapore 169610
Ann Acad Med Singapore 30:58-61. 2001..A case of alpha-fetoprotein (AFP)-producing gastric cancer is described in a 57-year-old Chinese woman...
- Clinical presentation, endoscopic features, and treatment of gastric metastases from breast carcinomaB G Taal
Department of Gastroenterology, Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoekhuis, Amsterdam
Cancer 89:2214-21. 2000..Breast carcinoma is the most common malignancy in women. Metastatic involvement of the stomach is not well known...
- [Stomach cancer]Olivier Bouche
Service d hépato qastro entérologie, CHU Robert Debre, avenue du Général Koenig, 51092 Reims, Courriel
Rev Prat 55:123-30. 2005..A number of entities, linitis plastica, gastric MALT lymphoma and stromal tumors should be recognised, because must have a different treatment.
- Kaposi's sarcoma presenting as linitis plasticaC Hadjiyane
Department of Gastroenterology, Nassau County Medical Center, East Meadow, New York
Am J Gastroenterol 86:1823-5. 1991A 31-yr-old woman presenting with abdominal complaints and fever was found to have linitis plastica on upper gastrointestinal series...
- [Linitis of the colon with peritoneal carcinosis treated with cytoreductive surgery and intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemotherapy]Hatem Salloum
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:68-9. 2007
- Primary linitis plastica of the descending colon: a case reportH Yamashita
First Department of Surgery, Kyushu University Faculty of Medicine, Fukuoka, Japan
Jpn J Surg 20:229-33. 1990A rare case of primary linitis plastica carcinoma of the colon seen in a 44 year old Japanese man is described herein...
- Clinicopathological and histochemical studies of linitis plastica type gastric cancer with special reference to early gastric cancer in the region of the fundic glandM Sowa
First Department of Surgery, Osaka City University Medical School, Japan
Osaka City Med J 37:11-22. 1991..On the other hand, in 9 patients with cancer of linitis plastica type having IIc lesions (less than 2...
- Gastric metastasis of breast cancer mimicking primary gastric cancer: A case reportNaciye CiÄŸdem Arslan
Dokuz EylÃ¼l University, Department of General Surgery, Ä°zmir, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 23:808-9. 2012..At initial gastroscopy, diffuse hyperemia and edema indicating gastric lymphoma or linitis plastica were detected. Endoscopic biopsy revealed diffuse adenocarcinoma...
- Pattern and presentation of carcinoma stomachShahida Parveen Afridi
Department of General Surgery, Dow University of Health Sciences, Civil Hospital, Karachi
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 21:161-3. 2011..To determine the clinical profile of carcinoma stomach...
- EUS-guided fine needle aspiration and trucut needle biopsy for examination of rectal and perirectal lesionsSun Jin Boo
Department of Gastroenterology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Songpa Gu, Seoul, Korea
Scand J Gastroenterol 46:1510-8. 2011..We aimed to evaluate the diagnostic utility of EUS-FNA and/or TCB in patients with rectal and perirectal lesions. We also assessed their influence on the management and clinical course of these patients...
- [Clinical diagnosis and treatment analysis of meningeal cancer metastasis from stomach linitis plastica neoplasms]Yihebali Chi
Oncology Hospital, China Union Medical University, Chinese Medical Science, Beijing 100021, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 85:1649-51. 2005
- A case of linitis plastica of the rectum treated by pelvic exenteration after aggressive immunochemotherapyS Sato
Department of Surgery, Karatsu Red Cross Hospital, Japan
Surg Today 22:159-62. 1992Multidisciplinary treatment was administered to a 32 year-old man with primary linitis plastica of the rectum, which was considered inoperable due to an extensive local spread at the first operation...
- Small bowel obstruction caused by secondary tumorsEfraim Idelevich
Institute of Oncology, Kaplan Medical Center, Rehovot, Israel
Surg Oncol 15:29-32. 2006..b>Linitis plastica caused by metastatic lobular carcinoma of the breast...
- [Gastric and colonic sarcoidosis. A case report]Asma Kchaou Ouakaa
Service de Gastro Enterologie, Hopital Habib Thameur, Tunisie
Tunis Med 81:902-6. 2003..The clinical and endoscopic findings initially suggested linitis plastica. Subsequently the discovery of gastric granulomas led to the diagnosis of sarcoidosis...
- [Linitis plastica of the stomach in breast cancer]M Flentje
Radiologische Klinik, Abteilung Allgemeine Radiologie und Poliklinik der Universität Heidelberg
Rontgenblatter 41:66-7. 1988..The radiological and CT signs of infiltration of the stomach wall without mucosal destruction is a rare but typical finding in tubular invasive breast cancer...
- [Case report of isolated Crohn's disease of the stomach presenting as plastica linitis]Nadia Maamouri
Service de Gastro B, La Rabta
Tunis Med 84:513-6. 2006..Because of the importance of obstructive syndrome, the patient underwent surgery. The resected stomach concluded to a Crohn's disease...
- Metastatic breast cancer to the gastrointestinal tract: a case series and review of the literatureJose Nazareno
Department of Medicine Gastroenterology, University of Western Ontario, 529 McGarrell Place, London, Ontario, N6G5L3, Canada
World J Gastroenterol 12:6219-24. 2006..include oropharyngeal and esophageal involvement presenting as dysphagia with one case of pseudoachalasia, a linitis plastica-like picture with gastric narrowing and thickened folds, small bowel obstruction and multiple strictures ..
- [Linitis plastica type of primary signet cell adenocarcinoma of the bladder]Marwan el Sandid
Service d Urologie, Centre Hospitalier Notre Dame de la Miséricorde, Ajaccio, France
Prog Urol 12:313-7. 2002..The authors report a very rare case of linitis plastica type of primary signet cell adenocarcinoma of the bladder in a 53-year-old patient...
- [Pulmonary arterial hypertension due to tumor emboli]J M Dot
Centre national de référence de l hypertension pulmonaire, UPRES EA 2705, Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation Respiratoire, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris Sud, Clamart, France
Rev Mal Respir 24:359-66. 2007..Pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) is rare in the presence of malignancy and tumour embolisation is one of several possible pathological mechanisms...
- Primary adenocarcinoma of the stomach associated with peripheral neurofibromatosis: report of a caseS Basu
Department of Medical Oncology, Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, Calcutta, India
Surg Today 27:57-9. 1997..the whole of the stomach was found to be grossly shrunken with thickening of the walls suggesting a "linitis plastica" stomach...
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma of the stomach: a cause of linitis plasticaM S Levine
Department of Radiologic Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC, USA
Radiology 201:375-8. 1996To demonstrate the radiologic appearance of linitis plastica in non-Hodgkin lymphoma of the stomach and to correlate radiologic and pathologic findings.
- Autoimmune gastropathy in type 1 diabetic patients with parietal cell antibodies: histological and clinical findingsChristophe E M De Block
Department of Endocrinology Diabetology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Antwerp, University Hospital Antwerp, Edegem, Belgium
Diabetes Care 26:82-8. 2003..We examined whether iron deficiency anemia, pernicious anemia, and autoimmune gastritis, which may predispose to gastric tumors, were more frequent in PCA+ than in PCA- patients...
- Primary linitis plastica carcinoma of the colon and rectumJ P Papp
Department of Internal Medicine, Ohio State University Hospitals, Columbus
Am J Gastroenterol 90:141-5. 1995Primary linitis plastica of the colon or rectum is a rare entity. Only 85 cases of this type cancer have been reported in the English medical literature...
- A case of linitis plastica involving the entire colon, ileum, and appendixJoon Yong Park
Department of Internal Medicine, Hallym University College of Medicine, Gangdong Sacred Heart Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Gastroenterol 42:237-41. 2003b>Linitis plastica of the colon is an uncommon presentation of primary colorectal cancer. This entity of colorectal cancer is characterized by a diffuse infiltrating tumor with desmoplastic reaction and poor prognosis...
- Relatively small size linitis plastica of the stomach: multislice CT detection of tissue fibrosisHideo Matsui
Department of Surgery, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, Aichi, Japan
Abdom Imaging 32:694-7. 2007b>Linitis plastica (scirrhous gastric carcinoma) has a poor prognosis due to delay in diagnosis. Pathological feature of this tumor is diffuse fibrosis of the gastric wall...
- Case report and review of the literature: Rectal linitis plastica secondary to the lipoid cell variant of transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladderVictor A McPherson
Departments of Surgery and Oncology, Divisions of Urology and Surgical Oncology, The Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, Western University, London, ON
Can Urol Assoc J 6:431-4. 2012..entity with a poor prognosis is metastasis to the lower gastrointestinal tract in the form of secondary linitis plastica of the rectum...
- Peritoneal carcinomatosis of gastric origin: a population-based study on incidence, survival and risk factorsIrene Thomassen
Department of Surgery, Catharina Hospital, Eindhoven, The Netherlands Eindhoven Cancer Registry, Comprehensive Cancer Centre South IKZ, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Int J Cancer 134:622-8. 2014..Younger age (<60 years), female gender, advanced T- and N-stage, primary tumor of signet ring cells or linitis plastica and primary tumors covering multiple anatomical locations of the stomach were all associated with a higher ..
- Genetic variation in PSCA is associated with susceptibility to diffuse-type gastric cancerHiromi Sakamoto
Nat Genet 40:730-40. 2008Gastric cancer is classified into intestinal and diffuse types, the latter including a highly malignant form, linitis plastica. A two-stage genome-wide association study (stage 1: 85,576 SNPs on 188 cases and 752 references; stage 2: 2,..
- Endoscopic ultrasonographic features of gastric linitis plastica in fifty-five Chinese patientsGuo dong Shan
Department of Gastroenterology, The First Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310003, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 14:844-8. 2013The objective of this study was to investigate the endosonographic appearance of gastric linitis plastica (GLP) and to study the usefulness of endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS) for the T and N staging of GLP...
- Laparoscopic low anterior resection for hematogenous rectal metastasis from gastric adenocarcinoma: a case reportSang Woo Lim
Department of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Chonnam National University Hwasun Hospital, Gwangju, Korea
World J Surg Oncol 9:148. 2011..Colorectal metastases from gastric adenocarcinoma are known to be very rare. We report an unusual case of rectal metastasis of gastric adenocarcinoma...
- Primary linitis plastica carcinoma of the colon and rectumW R Stevens
Department of Pathology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina
Mod Pathol 2:265-9. 1989b>Linitis plastica carcinoma of the colon and rectum is a relatively rare primary colorectal malignancy. The initial diagnosis of this disease is often difficult, and its eventual prognosis is poor...
- Clinicopathological aspects and prognostic value with respect to age: an analysis of 3,362 consecutive gastric cancer patientsJun Chul Park
Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Gastroenterology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul 120 752, Korea
J Surg Oncol 99:395-401. 2009..The aim of study was to analyze clinicopathological features and prognostic value of all stages of gastric cancer in a large consecutive series...
- [From retroperitoneal fibrosis to gastric linitis]L Amrouche
Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital Saint Louis, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
Rev Med Interne 30:443-5. 2009..Gastroscopy and colonoscopy found a gastric linitis, already multi-metastatic at diagnosis. The gastric linitis can present with many decepting clinical forms, increasing the risk of delayed diagnosis...
- Diagnosis of linitis plastica-type gastric adenocarcinoma by endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration: a case reportJ Elliot Carter
Department of Pathology, University of South Alabama, Mobile, Alabama 36617, USA
Acta Cytol 52:725-8. 2008The diagnosis of linitis plastica-type adenocarcinomas of the stomach has traditionally been made by brush cytology and mucosal biopsy. These techniques may yield false negative results due to the often submucosal location of these lesions...
- Linitis plastica of the rectum secondary to bladder carcinoma: a report of two cases and its MR featuresR C Dresen
Department of Radiology, University Hospital of Maastricht, P Debyelaan 25, 6202 AZ, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Br J Radiol 81:e249-51. 2008Rectal linitis plastica (RLP) is a circumferentially infiltrating intramural anaplastic carcinoma that results in a rigid constricted rectum with thickened walls...
- Significance of super-extended (D3) lymphadenectomy in gastric cancer surgeryErnesto Laterza
Prima Divisione Clinicizzata di Chirurgia Generale, Universita di Verona, Verona, Italy
Ann Ital Chir 80:101-6. 2009....
- [Two cases of primary, diffusely infiltrating carcinoma (linitis plastica) of the colon]K Kunieda
2nd Dept of Surgery, Gifu Univ School of Med
Gan No Rinsho 36:657-62. 1990Two rare cases of a primary, diffusely infiltrating carcinoma (linitis plastica) of the colon are reported. Case 1: In a 54-year-old male complaining of constipation and bloody stool, stenosis in the lower rectum was detected...
- Corrosive gastritis mimicking linitis plastica carcinomaY Usui
Department of Gastroenterology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Gastroenterol Jpn 24:398-401. 1989..The esophagus and duodenum were normal. The radiographic results were similar to those obtained for linitis plastica carcinoma of the stomach, but biopsy specimens of the stomach revealed no cancer cells...
- [An autopsy case of gastric metastasis simulating linitis plastica carcinoma from primary linitis plastica carcinoma of the rectum]K Kondo
Dept of Gastroenterology, Juntendo Univ School of Med
Gan No Rinsho 34:1996-2001. 1988..The rectal cancer was a combined linitis plastica type and signet ring cell carcinoma, and the appearance of metastatic lesion of the stomach had simulated the ..
- Metastatic breast carcinoma involving the gastric antrum and duodenum: computed tomography appearancesL A Elliott
Department of Radiology, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Br J Radiol 68:970-2. 1995We describe the computed tomography (CT) appearances of three cases of antroduodenal linitis plastica metastases from breast carcinoma. Two of the three cases had biliary obstruction as a consequence and required endoscopic stenting...
- [Rectal linitis plastica with urologic presentation. Apropos of 3 cases]T Hassan
Service d Urologie, CH Tulle
Ann Urol (Paris) 28:139-41. 1994The authors report three cases of rectal linitis plastica which presented in a novel manner by urological manifestations...
- Breast cancer metastasis to the stomach resembling early gastric cancerWan Kyu Eo
Department of Internal Medicine, Kyung Hee University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Cancer Res Treat 40:207-10. 2008..The most frequent type of a breast cancer metastasis as seen on endoscopy to the stomach is linitis plastica; features of a metastatic lesion that resemble early gastric cancer (EGC) are extremely rare...
- Metastatic gastric linitis plastica from bladder cancer mimicking a primary gastric carcinoma: a case reportWon Sun Hong
Department of Radiology, St Mary s Hospital, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul 150 713, Korea
Korean J Radiol 10:645-8. 2009Primary gastric carcinoma is the most common cause of linitis plastica. Less frequently, metastatic gastric cancer from the breast, omental metastases and non-Hodgkin lymphoma involving the stomach have been reported to show similar ..
- Primary linitis plastica of the right colonM Onorati
Department of Human Pathology and Oncology, Section of Anatomic Pathology, University of Siena, Italy
Pathologica 101:85-8. 2009A case of primary linitis plastica of the colon is presented...
- CT demonstration of pelvic wall spread in primary colonic linitis plasticaD Casas
Department of Radiology, University Hospital of Badalona, Barcelona, Spain
Comput Med Imaging Graph 16:47-9. 1992Primary linitis plastica of the colon is a rare entity, and its radiographic and CT findings have been described in previously published literature...
- [Primary colonic linitis plastica. Apropos of 3 new cases]J Le Borgne
Clinique chirurgicale II, hôpital G et R Laënnec CHU, Nantes
Chirurgie 118:356-9. 1992Primary linitis plastica of the colon is unfrequent. Since Laufmann and Saphir's first cases in 1951, less than 50 cases have been described, to which our three new cases now add...
- [Linitis plastica of the proximal part of the duodeno-jejunal angle. Apropos of a case]F Genier
Service de Chirurgie Generale et Digestive, Centre Hospitalier, Cholet
J Chir (Paris) 129:244-6. 1992The authors report the first case to date of primary linitis plastica localised to the proximal part of the small bowel...
- Linitis plastica carcinoma of the colon mimicking Crohn's colitisM R Cox
Goulburn Valley Base Hospital, Shepparton, Victoria, Australia
Aust N Z J Surg 62:654-7. 1992Primary linitis plastica carcinoma of the colon is an uncommon morphological type of colorectal carcinoma. Linitis plastica of the stomach may spread to the colon producing a similar lesion to primary colonic linitis plastica...
- Total gastrectomy for advanced cancer. A worthwhile palliative procedureJ R Monson
Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905
Cancer 68:1863-8. 1991..Indications for TG were tumor location in 30% and extent of tumor in 70%, including nine patients (17%) with linitis plastica. Four patients (8%) died postoperatively, and six patients required reoperation for postoperative ..
- Gastric linitis plastica metastatic to the uveaA D Liszauer
Department of Ophthalmology, McGill University, Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal
Can J Ophthalmol 26:325-7. 1991..man underwent total gastrectomy for diffuse, poorly differentiated gastric adenocarcinoma diagnosed as linitis plastica. Loss of vision in the right eye 5 months later due to extensive choroidal tumours was the first indication ..
- Case report: gastric sarcoid simulating linitis plastica--a 5-year follow-up studyS G Hogg
Department of Radiology, University Hospital, Nottingham
Clin Radiol 44:277-8. 1991..A 5 year follow-up barium meal shows that the appearances are unchanged. In the differential diagnosis of lesions resembling linitis plastica, sarcoidosis should be considered.
- [Hereditary gastric cancer]E M Wolf
Institut fur Pathologie, Medizinische Universitat Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 25, 8036, Graz, Osterreich
Pathologe 31:423-9. 2010..according to Laurén, patients develop multifocal diffuse signet-ring cell carcinoma and, in late stages, linitis plastica. In the foveolar neck region, the site of gastric stem cells, in situ signet-ring cell carcinoma has been ..
- Linitis plastica of the colon: computed tomography findingsE J Howell
Department of Radiology, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville 22908
Gastrointest Radiol 15:69-71. 1990Primary linitis plastica of the colon is a rare entity and its radiographic findings have been described previously in the literature. We present the computed tomography findings of this unusual lesion and briefly review its pathogenesis.
- Gastro-intestinal metastases as first clinical manifestation of the dissemination of a breast cancerP A Clavien
Department of Surgery, University Hospital, Basle, Switzerland
Eur J Surg Oncol 16:121-6. 1990..One woman presented with gastric metastases mimicking a linitis plastica. Another had metastases localized to the rectum also mimicking a linitis plastica...
- Intravesical botryoid adenocarcinoma of the prostate: report of an unusual growth pattern of prostatic carcinoma simulating a urinary bladder tumorDebora Camilot
Department of Pathology, General Hospital S Maria della Misericordia, I 33100 Udine, Italy
Ann Diagn Pathol 11:413-6. 2007..lesion with a broad implant in the trigonal bladder area in 1 case and a mixed, polypoid, and diffuse linitis plastica-like infiltration of the bladder wall in the other 2 cases...
- Flow cytometry as a prognostic predictor in gastric linitis plasticaA Candel
Department of Pathology, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois 60153
J Surg Oncol 56:233-5. 1994Gastric linitis plastica (GLP) is a diffusely infiltrating carcinoma of the stomach that is usually diagnosed in an advanced stage and associated with poor prognosis. Recent studies to evaluate ploidy of these tumors are not conclusive...
- PHENOTYPIC AND PSYCHOSOCIAL STUDY OF THE L1307K MUTATIONHenry Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2004....