Genomes and Genes
Summary: A infiltrating (invasive) breast cancer, relatively uncommon, accounting for only 5%-10% of breast tumors in most series. It is often an area of ill-defined thickening in the breast, in contrast to the dominant lump characteristic of ductal carcinoma. It is typically composed of small cells in a linear arrangement with a tendency to grow around ducts and lobules. There is likelihood of axillary nodal involvement with metastasis to meningeal and serosal surfaces. (DeVita Jr et al., Cancer: Principles & Practice of Oncology, 3d ed, p1205)
Publications284 found, 100 shown here
- Twist, a master regulator of morphogenesis, plays an essential role in tumor metastasisJing Yang
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, 9 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Cell 117:927-39. 2004..In human breast cancers, high level of Twist expression is correlated with invasive lobular carcinoma, a highly infiltrating tumor type associated with loss of E-cadherin expression...
- Different gene expression patterns in invasive lobular and ductal carcinomas of the breastHongjuan Zhao
Department of Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Mol Biol Cell 15:2523-36. 2004Invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC) and invasive lobular carcinoma (ILC) are the two major histological types of breast cancer worldwide...
- Diagnostic accuracy of mammography, clinical examination, US, and MR imaging in preoperative assessment of breast cancerWendie A Berg
American College of Radiology Imaging Network, 301 Merrie Hunt Drive, Lutherville, MD 21093, USA
Radiology 233:830-49. 2004..To prospectively assess accuracy of mammography, clinical examination, ultrasonography (US), and magnetic resonance (MR) imaging in preoperative assessment of local extent of breast cancer...
- Genetic heterogeneity and clonal evolution underlying development of asynchronous metastasis in human breast cancerT Kuukasjärvi
Department of Pathology, Tampere University Hospital, University of Tampere, Finland
Cancer Res 57:1597-604. 1997....
- E-cadherin is a tumour/invasion suppressor gene mutated in human lobular breast cancersG Berx
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, University of Ghent, Belgium
EMBO J 14:6107-15. 1995..These findings offer a molecular explanation for the typical scattered tumour cell growth in infiltrative lobular breast cancer...
- Loss of expression of chromosome 16q genes DPEP1 and CTCF in lobular carcinoma in situ of the breastAndrew R Green
Division of Pathology, School of Molecular Medical Sciences, University of Nottingham and Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK NG7 2UH
Breast Cancer Res Treat 113:59-66. 2009Loss of the chromosomal material at 16q is the most frequent genetic event in invasive and in situ (LCIS) lobular carcinoma of the breast...
- Abnormal alpha-catenin expression in invasive breast cancer correlates with poor patient survivalL Nakopoulou
Department of Pathology, Medical School University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Histopathology 40:536-46. 2002....
- Combined E-cadherin and high molecular weight cytokeratin immunoprofile differentiates lobular, ductal, and hybrid mammary intraepithelial neoplasiasGary L Bratthauer
Department of Gynecologic and Breast Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
Hum Pathol 33:620-7. 2002..This group needs further evaluation for better understanding of its significance, pattern of progression, and behavior...
- Array comparative genomic hybridization analysis of genomic alterations in breast cancer subtypesLenora W M Loo
Division of Human Biology, Division of Public Health Sciences, and Genomics Shared Resource, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Cancer Res 64:8541-9. 2004..infiltrating ductal carcinoma, ER-positive infiltrating ductal carcinoma, and ER-positive infiltrating lobular carcinoma. We observed a consistent association between loss in regions of 5q and ER-negative infiltrating ductal ..
- Randomized multicenter trial of sentinel node biopsy versus standard axillary treatment in operable breast cancer: the ALMANAC TrialRobert E Mansel
Department of Surgery, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:599-609. 2006....
- A comprehensive study of chromosome 16q in invasive ductal and lobular breast carcinoma using array CGHR Roylance
Molecular and Population Genetics Laboratory, Cancer Research UK, Lincoln s Inn Fields, London, UK
Oncogene 25:6544-53. 2006..Higher-grade IDCs probably develop from low-grade lesions in most cases, but there remains evidence that some GII/GIII IDCs arise without a GI precursor...
- Response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in lobular and ductal breast carcinomas: a retrospective study on 860 patients from one institutionM Tubiana-Hulin
Department of Medical Oncology, Centre Rene Huguenin, Saint Cloud, France
Ann Oncol 17:1228-33. 2006..We compared the impact of neoadjuvant chemotherapy on pathologic response and outcome in operable invasive lobular breast carcinoma (ILC) and invasive ductal breast carcinoma (IDC)...
- Relationship between long durations and different regimens of hormone therapy and risk of breast cancerChristopher I Li
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
JAMA 289:3254-63. 2003..Women using combined estrogen and progestin hormone replacement therapy (CHRT) have an increased risk of breast cancer; however, data on use for long durations and on risk associated with patterns of use are lacking...
- Clonality of lobular carcinoma in situ and synchronous invasive lobular carcinomaE Shelley Hwang
Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
Cancer 100:2562-72. 2004b>Lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS) of the breast is considered a marker for an increased risk of carcinoma in both breasts...
- The Yale University experience of early-stage invasive lobular carcinoma (ILC) and invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC) treated with breast conservation treatment (BCT): analysis of clinical-pathologic features, long-term outcomes, and molecular expression of Meena S Moran
Department of Therapeutic Radiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8040, USA
Breast J 15:571-8. 2009..Future investigations of chemo-preventive strategies to decrease contralateral breast cancers are warranted...
- Identifying patients at risk of compromised margins following breast conservation for lobular carcinomaMary F Dillon
Department of Surgery, St Vincent s University Hospital, Elm Park, Dublin 4, Ireland
Am J Surg 191:201-5. 2006The association of invasive lobular carcinoma with high rates of compromised margins in breast conservation makes choice of operation for these patients difficult...
- PIK3CA mutation and histological type in breast carcinoma: high frequency of mutations in lobular carcinomaFiamma Buttitta
Clinical Research Center, Center of Excellence on Aging, University Foundation, Chieti, Italy
J Pathol 208:350-5. 2006....
- Molecular cytogenetics of primary breast cancer by CGHM Tirkkonen
Laboratory of Cancer Genetics, University and University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 21:177-84. 1998..Further studies of such common changes may form the basis for a molecular cytogenetic classification of breast cancer...
- Prognostic significance of signal transducer and activator of transcription 1 activation in breast cancerAndreas Widschwendter
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Institute of Medical Chemistry and Biochemistry University of Innsbruck, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Clin Cancer Res 8:3065-74. 2002..The predictive value of STAT activation on relapse-free and overall survival among women who received treatment for primary breast cancer was evaluated in a retrospective study...
- Localized amyloidosis of the breast associated with invasive lobular carcinomaJ M Sabate
Unit of Breast Imaging, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Avda Sant Antoni Maria Claret 167, Barcelona 08025, Spain
Br J Radiol 81:e252-4. 2008Here a case of primary amyloidosis of the breast associated with invasive lobular carcinoma is reported with a brief review of the most relevant clinical, radiological and pathological features...
- Expression of CD44 isoforms in infiltrating lobular carcinoma of the breastH S Berner
Department of Pathology, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, University of Oslo, Montebello
Breast Cancer Res Treat 65:23-9. 2001..048). In classical, classical/trabecular and trabecular carcinomas expression of membranous CD44s was significantly correlated with lymph node status (P = 0.042)...
- Breast cancer incidence, 1980-2006: combined roles of menopausal hormone therapy, screening mammography, and estrogen receptor statusAndrew G Glass
Oncology Research, Center for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Northwest, 3800 N Interstate Ave, Portland, OR 97227, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 99:1152-61. 2007..We examined the potential association between menopausal hormone therapy use and recent changes in breast cancer incidence...
- Biologic markers in axillary node-negative breast cancer: differential expression in invasive ductal carcinoma versus invasive lobular carcinomaAna Maria Gonzalez-Angulo
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 7:396-400. 2006..expression of established histopathologic and biologic markers of proliferation, apoptosis, and angiogenesis in invasive lobular carcinoma (ILC) and invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC) in a group of axillary node-negative breast cancers.
- Morphologic and molecular evolutionary pathways of low nuclear grade invasive breast cancers and their putative precursor lesions: further evidence to support the concept of low nuclear grade breast neoplasia familyTarek M A Abdel-Fatah
Division of Pathology, School of Molecular Medical Sciences and Nottingham University Hospitals Trust, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK
Am J Surg Pathol 32:513-23. 2008..Our findings support the concept that progression of LNGBC to HNGBC (basal-like or HER2+) phenotype is an unlikely biologic phenomenon...
- Association of infiltrating lobular carcinoma with positive surgical margins after breast-conservation therapyM M Moore
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 0709, USA
Ann Surg 231:877-82. 2000To determine whether infiltrating lobular carcinoma (ILC) is associated with high positive-margin rates for single-stage lumpectomy procedures, and to define clinical, mammographic, or histologic characteristics of ILC that might ..
- Locally advanced breast cancer: comparison of mammography, sonography and MR imaging in evaluation of residual disease in women receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapyViviana Londero
Institute of Radiology, University of Udine, Via Colugna 50, 33100 Udine, Italy
Eur Radiol 14:1371-9. 2004..false-negative results because of the presence of microfoci of in situ ductal carcinoma (DCIS) and invasive lobular carcinoma (LCI). MRI was superior to mammography in cases of multifocal or multicentric disease (83 vs. 33%)...
- Invasive lobular carcinoma: to grade or not to gradeAnita L Bane
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Mod Pathol 18:621-8. 2005..The purpose of this study was to correlate histologic grade in invasive lobular carcinoma with known prognostic and predictive markers...
- Molecular classification system identifies invasive breast carcinoma patients who are most likely and those who are least likely to achieve a complete pathologic response after neoadjuvant chemotherapyNeal S Goldstein
Department of Anatomic Pathology, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan 48073, USA
Cancer 110:1687-96. 2007..In the current study, the authors evaluated whether response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy was correlated with the molecular classification groups...
- A comparison of ink-directed and traditional whole-cavity re-excision for breast lumpectomy specimens with positive marginsG R Gibson
Department of Surgery, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 8:693-704. 2001....
- Risk of invasive breast carcinoma among women diagnosed with ductal carcinoma in situ and lobular carcinoma in situ, 1988-2001Christopher I Li
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Division of Public Health Sciences, Epidemiology Program, Seattle, Washington, USA
Cancer 106:2104-12. 2006Incidence rates of ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) and lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS) have been rising, but little is known about which patients will develop invasive breast cancer or what types of tumors these patients may develop.
- Diffuse type gastric and lobular breast carcinoma in a familial gastric cancer patient with an E-cadherin germline mutationG Keller
Institute of Pathology, Department of Surgery, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Am J Pathol 155:337-42. 1999..Thus, our finding suggests that besides diffuse type gastric cancer, lobular breast carcinomas may be associated with germline CDH1 mutations...
- E-cadherin expression in pleomorphic lobular carcinoma: an aid to differentiation from ductal carcinomaAmer Wahed
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Texas Houston Medical School, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 6:349-51. 2002Pleomorphic lobular carcinoma is a recently described entity separated from classical lobular carcinoma by cytologic pleomorphism. It can have an aggressive clinical course with a higher frequency of recurrence...
- Somatic inactivation of E-cadherin and p53 in mice leads to metastatic lobular mammary carcinoma through induction of anoikis resistance and angiogenesisPatrick W B Derksen
Division of Molecular Biology, Netherlands Cancer Institute, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer Cell 10:437-49. 2006..Loss of E-cadherin is associated with tumor metastasis, as well as with invasive lobular carcinoma (ILC), which accounts for 10%-15% of all breast cancers...
- Epigenetic inactivation of microRNA gene hsa-mir-9-1 in human breast cancerU Lehmann
Institute of Pathology, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, D 30625, Hannover, Germany
J Pathol 214:17-24. 2008..8). In conclusion, this study demonstrates that various microRNA genes are also affected by epigenetic inactivation due to aberrant hypermethylation and that this is an early and frequent event in breast cancer development...
- Novel markers for differentiation of lobular and ductal invasive breast carcinomas by laser microdissection and microarray analysisGulisa Turashvili
Laboratory of Molecular Pathology, Institute of Pathology, Palacky University, Olomouc, Czech Republic
BMC Cancer 7:55. 2007..The aim of our study was to identify gene expression profiles of IDC and ILC in relation to normal breast epithelial cells...
- Immunohistochemical expression of uPA, uPAR, and PAI-1 in breast carcinoma. Fibroblastic expression has strong associations with tumor pathologyE Dublin
Hedley Atkins Imperial Cancer Research Fund Breast Pathology Laboratory, Guy s Hospital, London
Am J Pathol 157:1219-27. 2000..Larger prospective studies are needed to confirm these findings...
- Breast cancer: presentation and intervention in women with gastrointestinal metastasis and carcinomatosisElisabeth C McLemore
Division of General Surgery, Mayo Clinic, 13400 East Shea Boulevard, Scottsdale, Arizona 85259, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 12:886-94. 2005Breast cancer metastatic to the gastrointestinal tract or peritoneum is rare. We reviewed the natural history of ductal and lobular carcinoma in women with breast cancer metastatic to the gastrointestinal tract, peritoneum, or both.
- Pleomorphic lobular carcinoma of the breast: clinicopathologic features of 12 casesJ S Bentz
Department of Pathology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City 84132, USA
Mod Pathol 11:814-22. 1998Pleomorphic lobular carcinoma (PLC) of the breast was recently identified as a histologic variant of infiltrating lobular carcinoma (ILC) with a poor prognosis...
- Pleomorphic lobular carcinoma of the breast: its cell kinetics, expression of oncogenes and tumour suppressor genes compared with invasive ductal carcinomas and classical infiltrating lobular carcinomasD Frolik
Institute of Clinical Pathology, Department of Pathology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Histopathology 39:503-13. 2001..METHODS AND RESULTS: The study included 30 cases of pleomorphic lobular carcinoma (PLC; G2 n=15, G3 n=15)...
- MRI compared to conventional diagnostic work-up in the detection and evaluation of invasive lobular carcinoma of the breast: a review of existing literatureRitse M Mann
Radiology, University Medical Center Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Breast Cancer Res Treat 107:1-14. 2008The clinical diagnosis and management of invasive lobular carcinoma (ILC) of the breast presents difficulties. Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) has been proposed as the imaging modality of choice for the evaluation of ILC...
- Unexpected metastatic lobular carcinoma of the breast with intraabdominal spread and subsequent port-site metastasis after diagnostic laparoscopy for exclusion of ovarian cancerIoannis Mylonas
First Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Munich 80337, Germany
Gynecol Oncol 95:405-8. 2004..Although lobular carcinomas metastasize primarily to lymph nodes, bone, lung and liver, they can also spread to the gastrointestinal tract, peritoneum and gynecologic organs...
- Preoperative breast MRI in patients with invasive lobular breast cancerK Schelfout
Department of Pathology, University Hospital Antwerp, Wilrijkstraat 10, 2650 Edegem, Belgium
Eur Radiol 14:1209-16. 2004..However, false-negative MR findings do occur in a small percentage of ILC...
- Ultrasound morphology of invasive lobular breast cancer is different compared with other types of breast cancerDirk O Watermann
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Medical Center, Freiburg, Germany
Ultrasound Med Biol 31:167-74. 2005..4 +/- 12.0 mm) (p = 0.015). In summary, we found that histologic differentiation significantly influences ultrasonographic appearance of breast cancer. The underestimation of tumor size of ILC might compromise the operative strategy...
- The poor responsiveness of infiltrating lobular breast carcinomas to neoadjuvant chemotherapy can be explained by their biological profileM C Mathieu
Department of Pathology, Institut Gustave Roussy, rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif, Cedex, France
Eur J Cancer 40:342-51. 2004..Preoperative CT did not allow a high rate of conservative treatment for ILC and therefore the use of neoadjuvant CT for ILC patients should be questioned...
- Malignant adenomyoepithelioma of the breast combined with invasive lobular carcinomaYumi Honda
Department of Surgical Pathology, Kumamoto University Hospital, Kumamoto, Japan
Pathol Int 59:179-84. 2009..is the first case of malignant adenomyoepithelioma (malignant AME) of the breast combined with invasive lobular carcinoma (ILC) in a 53-year-old woman...
- Serial analysis of gene expression of lobular carcinoma in situ identifies down regulation of claudin 4 and overexpression of matrix metalloproteinase 9Dengfeng Cao
Departments of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University, St Louis, MO, USA
Breast Cancer Res 10:R91. 2008Although lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS) has traditionally been viewed as a marker of breast cancer risk, recent clinical, pathological and genetic analyses have supported the concept that LCIS is a low risk, direct precursor of ..
- Different responses to preoperative chemotherapy for invasive lobular and invasive ductal breast carcinomaV F Cocquyt
Department of Medical Oncology, University Hospital Ghent, De Pintelaan 185, 9000, Ghent, Belgium
Eur J Surg Oncol 29:361-7. 2003..Clinical and pathologic responses are important prognostic parameters. Biologic markers are needed to individualize treatment...
- Lobular carcinoma located in a breast hamartomaCatherine Breucq
Department of Radiology, AZ VUB Jette, Brussels, Belgium
Breast J 11:508-9. 2005
- Invasive ductal carcinoma and invasive lobular carcinoma of breast differ in response following neoadjuvant therapy with epidoxorubicin and docetaxel + G-CSFCatharina Wenzel
Department of Internal Medicine I, Division of Clinical Oncology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Breast Cancer Res Treat 104:109-14. 2007..We questioned the impact of histologic type invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC) versus invasive lobular carcinoma (ILC) on response to primary chemotherapy.
- Mammographic detection and staging of invasive lobular carcinomaJeroen Veltman
Department of Radiology, UMC St Radboud, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Clin Imaging 30:94-8. 2006The aim of the study was to evaluate mammography in detecting and staging of invasive lobular carcinoma (ILC) in order to assess the performance and impact of observer variability...
- Examination of breast conserving therapy in lobular carcinomaMegumi Takehara
Department of Breast Surgery, National Sapporo Hospital, 4 2 Kikusui, Shiroishi ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 003 0804, Japan
Breast Cancer 11:69-72. 2004Experience with conserving surgery for lobular carcinoma has grown as more breast conserving surgeries have been performed. We examined the results of breast conserving therapy in lobular carcinoma.
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy in invasive lobular carcinoma may not improve rates of breast conservationJudy C Boughey
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 16:1606-11. 2009Patients with invasive lobular carcinoma (ILC) experience a lower pathological complete response rate to neoadjuvant chemotherapy than patients with invasive ductal carcinoma...
- CDH1 mutations are present in both ductal and lobular breast cancer, but promoter allelic variants show no detectable breast cancer riskHaixin Lei
Karolinska Institute, Department of Biosciences at Novum, Huddinge, Sweden
Int J Cancer 98:199-204. 2002..These results do not support CDH1 as a prominent low-penetrance cancer susceptibility gene, but indicate that CDH1 mutations contribute to the progression of both lobular and ductal tumors...
- Expression of aberrant mucins in lobular carcinoma with histiocytoid feature of the breastSatomi Kasashima
Pathology Section, Kanazawa University Hospital, 13 1 Takara machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, 920 8641, Japan
Virchows Arch 450:397-403. 2007..We selected eight cases of histiocytoid features of invasive lobular carcinoma (HLC) and compared with 14 age- and tumor size-matched cases of classical invasive lobular carcinoma (CLC)...
- Atypical lobular hyperplasia or lobular carcinoma in situ at core-needle breast biopsyW A Berg
Departments of Diagnostic Radiology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, USA
Radiology 218:503-9. 2001To review outcomes of lesions diagnosed at core-needle breast biopsy as atypical lobular hyperplasia (ALH) or lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS).
- Atypical lobular hyperplasia and classic lobular carcinoma in situ in core biopsy specimens: routine excision is not necessaryHelena Hwang
1Department of Pathology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY, USA
Mod Pathol 21:1208-16. 2008..We reviewed 333 cases of atypical lobular hyperplasia or lobular carcinoma in situ without ductal carcinoma in situ or invasive carcinoma diagnosed in core biopsies from 1996 to 2006...
- Cancer upgrades at excisional biopsy after diagnosis of atypical lobular hyperplasia or lobular carcinoma in situ at core-needle biopsy: some reasons whyMichael A Cohen
Radiology 231:617-21. 2004
- The effectiveness of MR imaging in the assessment of invasive lobular carcinoma of the breastRitse M Mann
Department of Radiology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, huispost 667, Geert Grooteplein 10, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Magn Reson Imaging Clin N Am 18:259-76, ix. 2010Invasive lobular carcinoma (ILC) of the breast is, due to its diffuse infiltrative growth pattern, a diagnostic challenge. Even in retrospect, only up to 80% are visible at mammography...
- Lobular neoplasia on core-needle biopsy--clinical significanceGrazia Arpino
Breast Center, Baylor College of Medicine and The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 101:242-50. 2004..The goal of the current study was to determine the incidence of breast carcinoma at sites of core biopsy exhibiting LN compared with sites of core biopsy exhibiting ADH...
- ErbB/HER ligands in human breast cancer, and relationships with their receptors, the bio-pathological features and prognosisF Revillion
Laboratoire d Oncologie Moléculaire Humaine, Centre Oscar Lambret, BP 307, 59020 Lille Cedex, France
Ann Oncol 19:73-80. 2008..The aim of this study is to provide an expression profile of ErbB/HER ligands in breast cancer. We analysed the relationships with their receptors, the bio-pathological features and prognosis...
- Solid low-grade in situ carcinoma of the breast: role of associated lesions and E-cadherin in differential diagnosisH M Maluf
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, Missouri 63110-1093, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 25:237-44. 2001....
- Age-related lobular involution and risk of breast cancerTia R Milanese
Mayo Medical School, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:1600-7. 2006..As women age, the lobules in their breasts undergo involution or regression. We investigated whether lobular involution in women with benign breast disease was associated with subsequent breast cancer risk...
- Immunohistochemical expression of estrogen receptors alpha and beta in lobular neoplasiaAphrodite Nonni
1st Department of Pathology, Medical School, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Virchows Arch 451:893-7. 2007The designation lobular neoplasia (LN) of the breast includes atypical lobular hyperplasia and lobular carcinoma in situ. Estrogen receptors (ER) play a significant role in breast carcinogenesis...
- Excisional biopsy should be performed if lobular carcinoma in situ is seen on needle core biopsySandra J Shin
Department of Pathology, New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York 10021, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 126:697-701. 2002..Infrequently, a diagnosis of a primary lobular lesion is rendered by needle core biopsy. Although lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS) and atypical lobular hyperplasia (ALH) are not themselves detectable by mammography, they can ..
- Clonality of lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS) and metachronous invasive breast cancerSebastian Aulmann
Department of Pathology, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 220, 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 107:331-5. 2008b>Lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS) of the breast is generally considered an indicator for a bilaterally increased risk of invasive breast cancer (IBC)...
- Expression of c-erbB3 protein in primary breast carcinomasR Naidu
Department of Genetics and Cellular Biology, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Br J Cancer 78:1385-90. 1998....
- E-cadherin expression in invasive non-lobular carcinoma of the breast and its prognostic significanceE A Rakha
The Breast Unit, Department of Histopathology and Division of Respiratory Medicine, Nottingham City Hospital NHS Trust, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK
Histopathology 46:685-93. 2005..However, the clinicopathological and prognostic value of E-cadherin in the more frequent non-lobular types of breast carcinoma is unclear...
- Invasive lobular carcinoma arising in phyllodes tumor of the breastTakahide Kodama
Virchows Arch 442:614-6. 2003
- The diffuse type of invasive lobular carcinoma of the breast: morphology and prognosisTibor Tot
Department of Pathology, Falun Central Hospital, 79182 Falun, Sweden
Virchows Arch 443:718-24. 2003Invasive lobular carcinoma (ILC) of the breast represents a heterogeneous group of tumors, which can be classified according to the histological growth pattern into classic ILC and its variants and according to the cytomorphological ..
- FGFR1 emerges as a potential therapeutic target for lobular breast carcinomasJorge Sergio Reis-Filho
The Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Centre, Institute of Cancer Research, London, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 12:6652-62. 2006..However, little is known about the putative therapeutic targets for these tumors. The aim of this study was to characterize CLCs at the molecular genetic level and identify putative therapeutic targets...
- Rectal metastasis from lobular carcinoma of the breast: a case reportMelita Perić Balja
Department of Pathology, University Hospital for Tumors, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 34:719-21. 2010..We present a case of 83-year old woman with rectal metastesis from ILC seven years after surgery of primary tumor...
- MR imaging of the ipsilateral breast in women with percutaneously proven breast cancerLaura Liberman
Breast Imaging Section, Department of Radiology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 180:901-10. 2003..The purpose of this study was to review MR imaging findings in the ipsilateral breast in women with percutaneously proven breast cancer...
- Lobular carcinoma in ectopic axillary breast tissueGladys L Giron
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Center, New York, New York 10003, USA
Am Surg 70:312-5. 2004..We present the case of a lobular carcinoma arising in axillary ectopic breast tissue. Although this has previously been reported, it is a rare entity.
- Lobular carcinoma of the breast metastatic to the uterus in a patient under adjuvant anastrozole therapySerkan Erkanli
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Baskent University School of Medicine, Seyhan Adana, Turkey
Breast 15:558-61. 2006..We report a case of metastatic lobular carcinoma of the breast in a 63-year-old patient on adjuvant anastrozole therapy for 8 months...
- Invasive lobular carcinoma of the breast: should this be regarded as a chronic disease?I F Anwar
Breast Surgery Unit, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Norwich, UK
Int J Surg 8:346-52. 2010The surgical treatment of patients with invasive lobular carcinoma is still controversial due to its different clinical and pathological features...
- Cytological features of lobular carcinoma of breast: how important are the intracytoplasmic lumina?Julian A Crasta
Department of Pathology, St John s Medical College, Sarjapura Road, Bangalore 34
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 48:170-2. 2005b>Lobular carcinoma is the most common pitfall in the cytodiagnosis of breast lesions. Of the cytological features described intracytoplasmic lumina are stressed by many authors as an important diagnostic feature...
- Uptake and washout of 99mTcV-dimercaptosuccinic acid and 99mTc-sestamibi in the assessment of histological type and grade in breast cancerV Papantoniou
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Alexandra Hospital, University of Athens, Greece
Nucl Med Commun 23:461-7. 2002....
- The management of lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS). Is LCIS the same as ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS)?Sunil R Lakhani
Molecular and Cellular Pathology, School of Medicine, The University of Queensland, Mayne Medical School, Brisbane, QLD 4006, Australia
Eur J Cancer 42:2205-11. 2006b>Lobular carcinoma in situ was first described over 60 years ago. Despite the long history, it continues to pose significant difficulties in screening, diagnosis, management and treatment...
- Breast conservation therapy for invasive lobular carcinoma: the impact of lobular carcinoma in situ in the surgical specimen on local recurrence and axillary node statusA J Stolier
Department of Surgery, Louisiana State University, and The Stanley S Scott Cancer Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Am Surg 70:818-21. 2004Forty patients undergoing breast-conserving therapy for invasive lobular carcinoma were studied for the volume of lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS) in the surgical specimen and its relationship to the surgical margins...
- Cytoplasmic p120ctn regulates the invasive phenotypes of E-cadherin-deficient breast cancerTatsuhiro Shibata
Pathology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Pathol 164:2269-78. 2004..inactivation in cancer, we examined the expression and localization of E-cadherin-associated proteins in lobular carcinoma, in which the E-cadherin gene is frequently inactivated, and found that E-cadherin down-regulation ..
- Clinical and biological significance of E-cadherin protein expression in invasive lobular carcinoma of the breastEmad A Rakha
Department of Histopathology, Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, UK
Am J Surg Pathol 34:1472-9. 2010Although virtually all cases of lobular carcinoma in situ lack E-cadherin expression, a proportion of morphologically typical invasive lobular carcinomas (ILCs) retain its expression...
- DNA methylation of RASSF1A, HIN-1, RAR-beta, Cyclin D2 and Twist in in situ and invasive lobular breast carcinomaMary Jo Fackler
Breast Cancer Program, Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, 401 N Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21231 2410, USA
Int J Cancer 107:970-5. 2003..01). These results suggest that these 2 types of tumors share many common methylation patterns and some molecular differences. Additional studies might lend further understanding into the etiology and clinical behavior of this tumor type...
- Robotic-assisted laparoscopic cytoreductive surgery for lobular carcinoma of the breast metastatic to the ovariesPeter A van Dam
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sint Augustinus Hospital Antwerp, Belgium
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 14:746-9. 2007..Histologic examination showed strongly estrogen receptor-positive metastatic lobular carcinoma of the breast in both ovaries and fallopian tubes...
- Morphological types of breast cancer in family members and multiple primary tumours: is morphology genetically determined?Kari Hemminki
Department of Biosciences at Novum, Karolinska Institute, Huddinge, Sweden
Breast Cancer Res 4:R7. 2002..We conducted the present study to determine whether breast cancer morphology is genetically determined...
- Important increase of invasive lobular breast cancer incidence in Geneva, SwitzerlandHelena Marieke Verkooijen
Geneva Cancer Registry, Institute for Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Int J Cancer 104:778-81. 2003..Breast histology was classified as ductal carcinoma, lobular carcinoma and other. Incidence trends were studied by log-linear regression analyses...
- The expression of ERalpha, ERbeta and PR in lobular carcinoma in situ of the breast determined using laser microdissection and real-time PCRAndrew R Green
Division of Pathology, School of Molecular Medical Sciences, University of Nottingham and Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, Nottingham, UK
Histopathology 54:419-27. 2009To determine the status of oestrogen receptor (ER) subtypes (ERalpha and ERbeta) in lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS) of the breast.
- Apocrine differentiation in invasive pleomorphic lobular carcinoma with in situ ductal and lobular apocrine carcinoma: case reportHandan Kaya
Department of Pathology, Marmara University Hospital, Istanbul, 81190, Turkey
Pathol Oncol Res 8:151-2. 2002Invasive pleomorphic lobular carcinoma (PLC) is a distinctive aggressive subtype of invasive lobular carcinomas (ILC). We report one case of PLC with in situ PLC and ductal carcinoma in situ with apocrine features.
- Invasive lobular carcinoma: detection with mammography, sonography, MRI, and breast-specific gamma imagingRachel F Brem
Department of Radiology, Breast Imaging and Interventional Center, George Washington University Medical Center, NW, Washington, DC 20037, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 192:379-83. 2009The objective of our study was to compare the sensitivity of mammography, sonography, MRI, and breast-specific gamma imaging (BSGI) in the detection of invasive lobular carcinoma.
- Primary signet ring cell carcinoma of the eyelid: report of a case demonstrating further analogy to lobular carcinoma of the breast with a literature reviewD J Langel
Department of Pathology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 23:444-9. 2001..This report details another case, which shows further parallels to lobular carcinoma of the breast, and reviews the literature on this subject...
- Expression of the vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2/Flk-1 in breast carcinomas: correlation with proliferationLydia Nakopoulou
Department of Pathology, Medical School, University of Athens, Greece
Hum Pathol 33:863-70. 2002..On the other hand, the inverse correlation of Flk-1 with TIMP-1 mRNA in intratumoral stromal cells supports the notion that TIMP-1 may have an inhibitory role on angiogenesis...
- Rectal metastases from lobular carcinoma of the breast: report of a case and literature reviewA Bamias
Department of Medical Oncology, Ioannina University Hospital, Greece
Ann Oncol 12:715-8. 2001..Literature review revealed only a few more cases of metastatic breast carcinoma to the rectum. Awareness of this condition may lead to accurate diagnosis and early initiation of systemic treatment, thus avoiding surgical intervention...
- No significant association of Epstein-Barr virus infection with invasive breast carcinomaP G Chu
Division of Pathology, City of Hope National Medical Center, 1500 East Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Am J Pathol 159:571-8. 2001....
- Neoadjuvant vinorelbine-capecitabine versus docetaxel-doxorubicin-cyclophosphamide in early nonresponsive breast cancer: phase III randomized GeparTrio trialGunter von Minckwitz
German Breast Group, Frankfurt, Germany
J Natl Cancer Inst 100:542-51. 2008..We compared the response of nonresponding patients who continued the same treatment with that of patients who switched to a well-tolerated non-cross-resistant regimen...
- Tamoxifen in treatment of intraductal breast cancer: National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project B-24 randomised controlled trialB Fisher
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, Allegheny University of the Health Sciences, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 5234, USA
Lancet 353:1993-2000. 1999..We did a double-blind randomised controlled trial to find out whether lumpectomy, radiation therapy, and tamoxifen was of more benefit than lumpectomy and radiation therapy alone for DCIS...
- The impact of preoperative breast MRI on the re-excision rate in invasive lobular carcinoma of the breastR M Mann
Department of Radiology, Radboud University Nijmegen, Medical Centre, huispost 667, Geert Grooteplein 10, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Breast Cancer Res Treat 119:415-22. 2010Re-excision rates after breast conserving surgery(BCS) of invasive lobular carcinoma (ILC) are high.Preoperative breast MRI has the potential to reduce re-excision rates, but may lead to an increased rate of mastectomies...
- Relationship between established breast cancer risk factors and risk of seven different histologic types of invasive breast cancerChristopher I Li
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue North, M4 C308, P O Box 19024, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:946-54. 2006....
- Gene expression patterns of breast carcinomas distinguish tumor subclasses with clinical implicationsT Sørlie
Department of Genetics, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Montebello, N 0310 Oslo, Norway
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:10869-74. 2001....
- Differential expression of E-cadherin in lobular and ductal neoplasms of the breast and its biologic and diagnostic implicationsG Acs
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, 6 Founders Pavilion, 3400 Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 115:85-98. 2001..In tumors with histologically equivocal features, immunohistochemical detection of E-cadherin expression can be a useful diagnostic tool for the differentiation of ductal and lobular carcinomas of the breast...
- Genome-wide search for loss of heterozygosity using laser capture microdissected tissue of breast carcinoma: an implication for mutator phenotype and breast cancer pathogenesisC Y Shen
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Cancer Res 60:3884-92. 2000..Therefore, this study suggests that breast cancer progression is clonal with regard to CIN, but different breast cancers would present distinct molecular profiles resulting from genetic heterogeneity caused by CIN...
- Risk of mortality by histologic type of breast cancer among women aged 50 to 79 yearsChristopher I Li
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Division of Public Health Sciences, Seattle, Wash 98109, USA
Arch Intern Med 163:2149-53. 2003..combined estrogen and progestin hormone replacement therapy is associated with an increased risk of invasive lobular carcinoma (ILC), but that it has little association with risk of invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC)...
- Genetic and phenotypic characteristics of pleomorphic lobular carcinoma in situ of the breastYunn Yi Chen
Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 33:1683-94. 2009The clinical, pathologic, and molecular features of pleomorphic lobular carcinoma in situ (PLCIS) and the relationship of PLCIS to classic LCIS (CLCIS) are poorly defined...
- Clinical Study of Disposition and Biological Activity of d-LimoneneH H Sherry Chow; Fiscal Year: 2010..and its associated biological activities in women with a recent diagnosis of ductal carcinoma in situ, lobular carcinoma in situ, or atypical ductal hyperplasia elected to undergo excision surgery...
- Migraine, Migraine Medication Use, and Risk of Breast CancerChristopher I Li; Fiscal Year: 2010..In order to compare invasive ductal and invasive lobular carcinoma cases to controls, polytomous logistic regression will be used to calculate odds ratios (ORs) and 95% ..
- Cellular Hyperthermia for Breast Cancer Detection and MonitoringERDEM TOPSAKAL; Fiscal Year: 2011..and fabricate realistic breast phantoms and antennas for radiometers to detect early stages of ductal and lobular carcinoma. Once diagnosed, the radiometer will be used to monitor the cancer's activity...
- RISK FACTORS AND BIOMARKERS FOR IN SITU BREAST CANCERLinda Titus Ernstoff; Fiscal Year: 1999..We will evaluate risk factors for BCIS and its major subtypes, lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS), ductal carcinoma in sine (DCIS), and the aggressive DCIS subtype (comedo-type DCIS)...
- HIN-1,A Novel Putative Breast Tumor Suppressor GeneKornelia Polyak; Fiscal Year: 2006..in 95% of human breast carcinoma specimens including early stage breast carcinomas such as ductal and lobular carcinoma in-situ...
- c-erbB-2 and Risk of Contralateral Breast CancerChristopher Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Protein Biomarkers of Cancer Risk in Older PersonsChristopher Li; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Depo-Provera and Breast Cancer: Epidemiology/PathologyChristopher Li; Fiscal Year: 2009..such as parity and body mass index, modify this association?;and (3) Does the association between DMPA and breast cancer risk vary by histologic type or by the expression of steroid receptors including ERq, ERft, and PR? ..
- Synergy of Inverse Scatter & Vibro-AcousticsSteven Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2004..MC) in patterns, which simulate benign and cancerous tissues, such a Ductile Carcinoma In Situ (DCIS) and Lobular Carcinoma (LC)...
- Add-on module for ONCAD for diagnosing infiltrating lobular carcinomaAlan Penn; Fiscal Year: 2008..provide radiologists with additional assistance when they have suspicion of the presence of infiltrating lobular carcinoma (ILC)...
- Funtional Proteomics and Response to Preoperative Theraphy in Breast CancerAna Gonzalez Angulo; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- LONG TERM OUTCOMES FOR WOMEN WITH BREAST CA IN SITUElizabeth Claus; Fiscal Year: 2004..The data are unique in that epidemiologic, biologic and clinical variables will have been collected allowing us to study the relationship of these variables with long term outcome. ..
- Meningioma: Risk Factors and Quality of LifeElizabeth B Claus; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study represents the first concentrated effort to examine environmental and genetic risk factors for meningioma. ..
- Breast Carcinoma In-Situ: Mammographic Risk FactorsElizabeth Claus; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- First International Inflammatory Breast Cancer ConferenceMassimo Cristofanilli; Fiscal Year: 2008..For project details please see "Conference Plan". [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Biology of Breast Cancers Arising in Older WomenChristopher Benz; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Breast Cancer Prediction Using Nipple Aspirate FluidEdward Sauter; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetic Regulation of Human Breast Cancer DormancyNANCY DEMORE; Fiscal Year: 2008..These genes could be pharmacogenomic targets for future treatment strategies. ..
- Optimized Compression for Telepathology Virtual SlidesElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Primary Hormonal Therapy for DCIS of the BreastEUN SIL HWANG; Fiscal Year: 2008..If patients could safely be spared from cancer progression while avoiding the morbidity of surgery and radiation for DCIS, the full benefit of early breast cancer detection could be realized. ..
- Combined MRI and Optical Imaging to Improved Breast Cancer DiagnosisMin Ying Su; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HRT USE AND RISK OF LOBULAR AND DUCTAL BREAST CANCERJanet Daling; Fiscal Year: 2004..of CHRT associated with alteration in the histologic characteristics, tumor cell proliferation, or expression of steroid hormone receptors, oncogenes, and cell cycle and cell death regulator proteins of lobular and ductal breast cancers? ..
- Altered Breast Methylation after Low/Hi Dose IsoflavonesEdward Sauter; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- A LONGITUDINAL STUDY IN THE CANINE MODEL OF HUMAN AGINGMin Ying Su; Fiscal Year: 2005..Noninvasive MR imaging techniques may offer a means of detecting early signs of pathological aging, allowing us the opportunity to initiate interventions to slow disease progression. ..
- Biomarker modulation/COX-2 inhibitor/Breast CancerBanu Arun; Fiscal Year: 2003..Forty high-risk women (history of previous breast cancer or history of lobular carcinoma in situ or estimated 5 year Gail risk > 1...
- OPTIMIZING SOFTCOPY DISPLAYS FOR DIGITAL MAMMOGRAPHYElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2003..The JND metrix model will then be used to systematically explore and optimize CRT design tradeoffs for current and future digital-mammography display systems. ..
- CONVERGENT MECHANISMS CONTRIBUTING TO CANCERJoseph Costello; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Conference--Medical Image PerceptionElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2003..This grant will be used to provide financial support for about 12 graduate students and residents, as well as logistic support for publicity and program printing. ..
- CALCIUM CHANNEL BLOCKERS IN BREAST CANCER ETIOLOGYJanet Daling; Fiscal Year: 2001..cimetidine, anti-depressants, lipid lowering drugs) frequently used by women in this age group. ..
- Neoadjuvant Cytokine Immunotherapy by PLA MicrospheresMichael Sabel; Fiscal Year: 2007..I will pursue this area of investigation as a full-time faculty member, with full commitment from the Department of General Surgery and the Division of Surgical Oncology at the University of Michigan Medical Center. ..
- Near Infrared Diffused Light Imaging with UltrasoundQuing Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2002..Completion of this research plan will serve to validate a novel method for detection and diagnosis of breast lesions, resulting in new opportunities for early detection and appropriate treatment of breast carcinoma. ..
- OPTIMIZING SOFTCOPY DISPLAYS FOR DIGITAL MAMMOGRAPHYElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2002..The JND metrix model will then be used to systematically explore and optimize CRT design tradeoffs for current and future digital-mammography display systems. ..
- The Effect of Black Cohosh Extract on the Human BreastEdward Sauter; Fiscal Year: 2004..The findings should allow us to design a high quality R01 submission involving a larger, randomized study of longer duration which should provide some answers on the potential role of BCE in breast cancer. ..
- THERAPEUTIC MODULATION OF BREAST CANCER ONCOGENESChristopher Benz; Fiscal Year: 2007..tumor-targeted uptake of selected candidates by encapsulation into anti-ErbB2 immunoliposomes (ILs), and these ErbB2 receptor- and promoter-targeted ILs agents will be evaluated in vivo for further clinical development ..
- Global Summit on International Breast Health-ImplementationBenjamin Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2007..The resulting 2007 Implementation Guidelines will serve as a practical medical tool providing functional real world examples of "how to implement" best practices with limited health care resources. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Protein Profiling in Nipple Aspirate FluidEdward Sauter; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Small Field of View Gamma Camera for ScintimammographyMichael O Connor; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Exposure Insights Using GIS in a Case-Control StudyPeggy Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Medical Image Perception Society Confrence XIElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- MIPS XII ConferenceElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Socioeconomic Disparities in Survival After Hodgkin Lym*THERESA KEEGAN; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- The impact of the built environment on the risk of breast cancerTHERESA KEEGAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Genetic Mapping Resource for ZebrafishJeffrey Smith; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Fostering Independence in Nursing and Outcomes ResearchChristopher Friese; Fiscal Year: 2009..The research projects examine the relationship between the nursing practice environment and outcomes of care for patients with cancer. ..
- Treatment of Older Patients with Early Breast CancerArash Naeim; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..