bile duct adenoma
Summary: A benign tumor of the intrahepatic bile ducts.
Publications171 found, 100 shown here
- A limited polyarteritis nodosa of the liver and gallbladder accompanied with a solitary cystic dilatation of the intrahepatic bile ductH K Chang
Clin Exp Rheumatol 21:525. 2003
- Anti-metastatic effects of curcusone B, a diterpene from Jatropha curcasSurin Muangman
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Phya Thai, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
In Vivo 19:265-8. 2005..Curcusone B, thus, effectively suppresses the metastatic processes at doses that are non-toxic to cells, which may be of therapeutic benefit for the treatment of metastatic cancers...
- [A case of intrahepatic bile duct adenoma]Keisuke Otani
Department of Gastroenterology, Fukuoka University Chikushi Hospital
Nihon Shokakibyo Gakkai Zasshi 103:37-43. 2006
- Magnetic resonance findings of bile duct adenoma with calcificationEriko Maeda
Department of Radiology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Radiat Med 24:459-62. 2006Computed tomographic (CT) and magnetic resonance (MR) appearances of bile duct adenoma (BDA in a patient who underwent partial hepatectomy of segment 8 are presented...
- Atypical bile duct adenoma, clear cell type: a previously undescribed tumor of the liverJ Albores-Saavedra
Division of Anatomic Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 25:956-60. 2001..One atypical bile duct adenoma displayed luminal immunoreactivity for villin...
- Cholangiocarcinoma arising in bile duct adenoma with focal area of bile duct hamartomaT Hasebe
Pathology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Chiba, Japan
Virchows Arch 426:209-13. 1995..tumour in S4 showed a number of bile ductules with variable amounts of stroma, an appearance compatible with bile duct adenoma (BDA)...
- Extra-hepatic bile duct adenoma in a patient with a choledochal cystSandeep Aggarwal
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 18:351-2. 2003
- Immunohistochemical analysis of biliary tract lesionsGuangming Tan
Department of Pathology Ohio State University, Columbus, USA
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 12:193-7. 2004..05). The presence of bcl-2 and p53 immunoreactivity coupled with a high proliferative rate in a biliary tract lesion suggests a malignant process. A panel using these antibodies may be useful in difficult cases...
- Frequent p16ink4a inactivation is an early and frequent event of intraductal papillary neoplasm of the liver arising in hepatolithiasisAkira Ishikawa
Department of Human Pathology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medicine, Kanazawa, Japan
Hum Pathol 35:1505-14. 2004..We conclude that p16INK4a inactivation, due mainly to its promoter hypermethylation, is a frequent and early event of IPNL and may be responsible for genetic and epigenetic alterations of other cell cycle regulators in IPNL...
- Relapsing acute pancreatitis due to ampullary adenoma in a patient with familial adenomatous polyposisYoshiaki Murakami
Department of Surgery, Division of Clinical Medical Science, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Minami Ku, Hiroshima, 734 8551, Japan
J Gastroenterol 41:798-801. 2006..Only a few reports of acute pancreatitis due to ampullary neoplasms in patients with FAP are available. Relapsing acute pancreatitis is another surgical indication for premalignant periampullary neoplasms in FAP...
- Evidence for a hepatocellular lineage in a combined hepatocellular-cholangiocarcinoma of transitional typeH P Fisher
Department of Pathology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Federal Republic of Germany
Virchows Arch B Cell Pathol Incl Mol Pathol 56:71-6. 1988....
- Malignant intrahepatic biliary papillomatosis associated with viral C cirrhosisNajat Mourra
Department of Pathology, Hopital St Antoine, Paris, France
Arch Pathol Lab Med 126:369-71. 2002..We report herein a case of malignant intrahepatic biliary papillomatosis associated with cirrhosis secondary to hepatitis C. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report of this association...
- Cytological diagnosis of cholangiocarcinoma with rib metastasis in a young female--a case reportM Jain
Departments of Pathology and Surgery, Lady Hardinge Medical College and Associated Hospitals, New Delhi
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 47:417-20. 2004..Cholangiocarcinoma was diagnosed based on cytological findings and special stains and this diagnosis was histologically confirmed on biopsy...
- Multiple biliary hamartomas: magnetic resonance features with histopathologic correlationCarla Tohme-Noun
Department of Radiology, Beaujon Hospital, Assistance Publique, Clichy, France
Eur Radiol 18:493-9. 2008..MRI features allowed diagnosis of MBH with accuracy. Their recognition, especially the mural nodule, may help avoid misdiagnosis...
- Cytomorphology of laser/thermal artifact in ductal cells in a post-laser surgery bile duct brushing specimenWalid E Khalbuss
Acta Cytol 49:226-8. 2005
- Adult duodenal intussusception associated with congenital malrotationJ Gardner-Thorpe
Cambridge Surgical HPB Unit, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Rd, Cambridge, CB2 2QQ, United Kingdom
World J Gastroenterol 13:3892-4. 2007..This condition can be diagnosed using enhanced CT. Intussusception can be complicated by bowel obstruction, ischaemia or bleeding, and therefore the underlying cause should be treated as soon as possible...
- [Hepatobiliary cystoadenomas]Ruth Marcos Hernández
Servicio de Cirugia General y Aparato Digestivo, Hospital Universitario Principe de Asturias, Departamento de Cirugia, Universidad de Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Espana
Cir Esp 79:375-8. 2006..Correct diagnosis is guided by clinical history, radiological imaging, and laboratory parameters. We report two of these rare cases and discuss the spectrum of presentation, pathological features and treatment of these tumors...
- Cholangiocarcinoma: A position paper by the Italian Society of Gastroenterology (SIGE), the Italian Association of Hospital Gastroenterology (AIGO), the Italian Association of Medical Oncology (AIOM) and the Italian Association of Oncological RadiotherapyDomenico Alvaro
for SIGE Department of Clinical Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Polo Pontino, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 42:831-8. 2010..Opistorchis viverrini infection, Caroli disease, congenital choledocal cist, Vater ampulla adenoma, bile duct adenoma and intra-hepatic lithiasis...
- Incidental pathologic findings in open resectional gastric bypass specimens with routine cholecystectomy and appendectomyVance Y Sohn
Department of Surgery, Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, Washington 98431, USA
Surg Obes Relat Dis 4:608-11. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determine the incidence of abnormal findings of the extirpated, gallbladder, appendix, and distal stomach after gastric bypass surgery...
- [A case of early bile duct cancer arising from villous adenoma in choledochal cyst]Tae Seung Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, KwangMyung SungAe Hospital, Gwangmyeong, Korea
Korean J Gastroenterol 54:55-9. 2009..Herein, we report a rare case of bile duct adenoma arising from choledochal cyst with anomalous union of pancreaticobiliary duct (AUPBD)...
- Mucin-secreting bile duct adenoma--clinicopathological resemblance to intraductal papillary mucinous tumor of the pancreasTaro Oshikiri
Center of Gastroenterology, Teinekeijinkai Hospital, Sapporo, Japan
Dig Surg 19:324-7. 2002..This case also seemed to clinicopathologically resemble an IPMT of the pancreas...
- The MicroRNA let-7a modulates interleukin-6-dependent STAT-3 survival signaling in malignant human cholangiocytesFanyin Meng
Division of Gastroenterology, Scott and White Clinic, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine, Temple, Texas 76508, USA
J Biol Chem 282:8256-64. 2007....
- Imaging findings of intrahepatic bile duct adenoma (peribiliary gland hamartoma): a case report and literature reviewYou Sung Kim
Department of Radiology, Seoul St Mary s Hospital, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 11:560-5. 2010Intrahepatic bile duct adenoma is a rare benign epithelial hepatic tumor derived from bile duct cells...
- [Cholangiocarcinoma with bile duct adenoma and hamartoma-like lesion in the bile duct]Sho Takahashi
Fourth Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Japan
Nihon Shokakibyo Gakkai Zasshi 107:461-9. 2010..In addition, cystically dilated ductules resembling bile duct hamartoma and bile duct adenoma adjacent to the tumor were found, but with no area of transition among them...
- Alpha-1-antitrypsin-positive "signet-ring" bile duct adenoma in a patient with M(MALTON) mutationMarco Gambarotti
1st Department of Surgical Pathology, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
Int J Surg Pathol 16:218-21. 2008..The nodule showed the histological features of a bile duct adenoma. Large eosinophilic, periodic acid-Schiff-positive diastase-resistant intracytoplasmic globules conferred a ..
- Common bile duct adenoma: case report and brief review of literatureAmani G Munshi
Department of Surgery, Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY, USA
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 20:e193-4. 2010..A brief review of literature is discussed with a proposed treatment plan for follow-up with surveillance endoscopy and ultrasonography as opposed to the radical resection for benign findings on pathology...
- Biliary cystadenoma of the liver with elevated CA 19-9D Schoonbroodt
Department of Gastroenterology, St Luc University Hospital U C L, Brussels, Belgium
Liver 14:320-2. 1994..The tumor was associated with strikingly elevated serum and intracystic levels of the tumor-associated antigen CA19-9. Two months after surgical enucleation, serum CA 19-9 levels returned to normal...
- [Choledocho-gastric fistula. A rare complication of a cholangiocarcinoma]A Beck
Radiologe 29:391-3. 1989..The final diagnosis was obtained by ERCP, whereas CT, barium examination, and gastroscopy initially did not allow a conclusive diagnosis. The only clinical finding was epigastric pain. Choledocho-gastric fistula is extremely rare...
- Technical considerations for the management of primary cholangiocarcinoma of the porta hepatisN J Lygidakis
Department of Surgery, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Semin Liver Dis 10:126-30. 1990..The various technical options regarding these alternatives have been described in detail in this article...
- Bile duct adenoma: management by subtotal excisionMohammed Ibrarullah
Department of Gastroenterology, SV Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati
Trop Gastroenterol 24:93-4. 2003Benign tumours of the bile duct are rare. We report a bile duct adenoma in a young female, which was managed by subtotal excision.
- Cholangiocarcinoma in a 4-month-old double yellow-cheeked Amazon parrot (Amazona autumnalis)W I Anderson
Department of Pathology, New York State College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca 14853
Avian Dis 33:594-9. 1989..Elongated single cilia arising from basal bodies in the apical cytoplasm were occasionally evident. The presence of such a neoplasm in a 4-month-old parrot is extremely unusual...
- Diagnostic criteria for degenerative, inflammatory, proliferative nonneoplastic and neoplastic liver lesions in medaka (Oryzias latipes): consensus of a National Toxicology Program Pathology Working GroupG A Boorman
Laboratory of Experimental Pathology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Toxicol Pathol 25:202-10. 1997....
- Mammaglobin B gene as a novel marker for lymph node micrometastasis in patients with abdominal cancersT Aihara
Department of Surgery II, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Japan
Cancer Lett 150:79-84. 2000....
- Relationship between content of hepatic glutathione S-transferases and the kinetics of indocyanine green elimination in various liver diseasesM Sugimoto
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Toho University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Biopharm Drug Dispos 14:567-78. 1993..4) The enzyme activity was positively correlated with hepatic ICG distribution volume. These results are consistent with the role of the GSH S-transferases as ligandins in intracellular storage of dyes...
- Nonoperative approach to hilar cancer determined by the atrophy-hypertrophy complexN S Hadjis
Hepatobiliary Surgical Unit, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, Hammersmith Hospital, London, England
Am J Surg 157:395-9. 1989..Patients without the atrophy-hypertrophy complex and those with the complex but associated nonneoplastic disease are likely to fare better with surgical decompression and direct mucosa-to-mucosa anastomosis...
- An evaluation of Dacron prostheses in the relief of jaundice due to malignant obstructionH J Scott
Gastrointestinal Unit, Charing Cross Hospital, London
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 70:293-5. 1988..Insertion of a Dacron prosthesis may prove an alternative to percutaneous biliary stenting in selected patients with neoplastic biliary obstruction...
- Endoscopic management of inoperable cholangiocarcinoma using iridium-192R J Ede
Department of Gastroenterology, London Hospital, Whitechapel, UK
Br J Surg 76:867-9. 1989..The role of this treatment in patients with inoperable cholangiocarcinoma awaits the results of randomized, controlled trials...
- Cholangitis, hemobilia, and cholangiocarcinoma. Management of a fistula between an obstructed right hepatic duct and the portal veinR J Nauta
Department of Surgery, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC 20007
Cancer 64:542-6. 1989..The described technique of retrograde operative decompression and clot evacuation may be used in patients in whom portal dissection is hazardous or in whom preservation of an existing cholangiojejunostomy in the portal region is desired...
- Non-surgical palliative treatment of patients with malignant biliary obstruction--the place of endoscopic and percutaneous drainageJ S Lameris
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Dijkzigt, Rotterdam
Clin Radiol 38:603-8. 1987..A major complication of the endoscopic method in perihilar disease was cholangitis due to inadequate drainage...
- Left intrahepatic cholangio-enteric anastomosis (round ligament approach): an effective palliative treatment for hilar cancersO Traynor
Unite de Chirurgie Hepatobiliaire, , Villejuif, France
Br J Surg 74:952-4. 1987..The mean survival was 9.2 months and the quality of life was excellent. These data suggest that this is a very satisfactory palliative technique for patients with hilar cancer who are not suited for radical tumour excision...
- Ulex europaeus agglutinin 1 lectin histochemical staining of dog hepatocellular and bile duct carcinomasP J Brown
Department of Pathology, University of Bristol School of Veterinary Science, Langford
Res Vet Sci 46:421-3. 1989..The division of primary liver carcinomas into different presumed cell types of origin is not reflected by equivalent differentiation of the tumour cells and is not of diagnostic value...
- A case of biliary cystadenoma with obstructive jaundiceA Taketomi
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, National Kyushu Cancer Center, Fukuoka 811 1395, Japan
Oncol Rep 5:833-5. 1998..Ultrasound sonography revealed a hyperechoic mass in the left lateral lobe of the liver. Histological examination revealed a biliary cystadenoma. Intracystic hemorrhage was assumed to be the cause of obstruction of the bile ducts...
- Giant cell tumor-like cholangiocarcinoma associated with systemic cholelithiasisJ Haratake
Department of Pathology and Oncology, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyushu, Japan
Cancer 69:2444-8. 1992..Sarcomatoid bile duct carcinomas are rare, as are those with osteoclast-type giant cells. The authors also discuss the histogenesis of these giant cells...
- Hepatopancreatoduodenectomy for advanced carcinoma of the biliary tractY Nimura
1st Department of Surgery, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 38:170-5. 1991..The longest survivor died of recurrent tumors at 5 years and 7 months. Hepatopancreatoduodenectomy offered not only an unexpectedly long survival period, but also unexpected morbidity in some cases...
- Unresectable malignant biliary obstruction: treatment by self-expandable biliary endoprosthesesA Glättli
Clinic of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Inselspital, University of Bern, Switzerland
HPB Surg 6:175-84. 1993..A randomized study using either expandable stents as compared to operative biliary enteric bypass is necessary...
- Changing trends in the management of extrahepatic cholangiocarcinomaC M Guthrie
University Department of Surgery, Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh, UK
Br J Surg 80:1434-9. 1993..Overall prognosis for patients with this condition is grim and efforts must usually be aimed at providing the most appropriate palliation...
- A case of liver echinococcosis mimicing a solid liver tumorT Kamei
Department of Radiological Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Japan
Radiat Med 9:101-4. 1991..When a solid tumor is noted in the liver, proper history taking and awareness of this disease will decrease the chance of misdiagnosis...
- [Establishment and characterization of a human cholangiocellular carcinoma cell line]Y Kusaka
Division of Pathology, Cancer Institute, Medical School, Okayama University
Hum Cell 1:92-4. 1988..This HuH-28 cell line will represent a good model for the investigation of carcinogenesis, histogenesis+ and diagnosis of CCC...
- A benign tumour of the liver mimicking malignant liver disease--cholangiocellular adenomaAndre Ignee
Department of Internal Medicine 2, Caritas Hospital Bad Mergentheim, Germany
Scand J Gastroenterol 44:633-6. 2009To describe three patients with liver lesions mimicking malignant tumours diagnosed finally, using contrast-enhanced ultrasound, as cholangiocellular adenoma (bile duct adenoma).
- Loss of constitutional heterozygosity on chromosomes 5 and 17 in cholangiocarcinomaS F Ding
Department of Surgery, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Br J Cancer 67:1007-10. 1993..Probes for other chromosomes have as yet shown no consistent LOH. In conclusion, this study for the first time showed LOH on chromosomes 5 and 17 in cholangiocarcinoma...
- Clinico-pathological features and surgical management of primary epithelial hepatic malignanciesU A Heuschen
Department of Surgery, University of Heidelberg, FRG
Eur J Surg Oncol 16:332-45. 1990..Long-term survival rates after curative resection were 78%, 55% and 21% for 1, 3, and 5 years, respectively. Prognostic factors of long-term survival were investigated by the Kaplan-Meier method...
- Phosphorus-31 magnetic resonance spectroscopy of the human liver using chemical shift imaging techniquesI J Cox
NMR Unit, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Hepatol 14:265-75. 1992..Hepatic 31P-MR spectroscopy may prove useful for monitoring disease processes and treatment effects in well characterised patient populations...
- Palliative treatment of bile duct tumoral compression by an endoprosthesis: clinical resultsA Sezeur
Rothschild Hospital, Paris, France
ASAIO Trans 36:M192-4. 1990....
- Pancreatic lipase is a useful phenotypic marker of intrahepatic large and septal bile ducts, peribiliary glands, and their malignant counterpartsT Terada
Second Department of Pathology, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Japan
Mod Pathol 6:419-26. 1993..Thus, pancreatic lipase could be a phenotypic marker of large ducts, septal ducts and peribiliary glands as well as their malignant counterparts...
- Diffuse increase in renal uptake of technetium 99m methylene diphosphonate in association with disseminated cholangiocarcinomaM C Winslet
Dudley Road Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Eur J Nucl Med 17:372-3. 1990..There was temporary renal impairment following imaging, but the cause of this is uncertain. An association between cholangiocarcinoma and 'hot kidneys' on bone imaging scanning has not been previously reported...
- A report of 5 cases of cystic bile duct carcinoma of the liver and proposal of a new classificationY Kawarada
First Department of Surgery Mie University School of Medicine, Tsu, Japan
Gastroenterol Jpn 26:80-9. 1991..Cystic adenocarcinoma (Group A) can then be further subdivided into cystadenocarcinoma, cystadenocarcinoma with cystadenoma, and carcinoma in a simple cyst of the liver...
- Long-term follow-up of patients with hilar malignant stricture treated by endoscopic internal biliary drainageJ Deviere
Department of Gastroenterology, , Free University of Brussels, Belgium
Gastrointest Endosc 34:95-101. 1988..Once ERCP is performed and palliative endoscopic management of bifurcation tumors is begun, it must completed as soon as possible...
- Late development of cholangiocarcinoma after the treatment of hepatolithiasisK Chijiiwa
Department of Surgery 1, Kyushu University Faculty of Medicine, Fukuoka, Japan
Surg Gynecol Obstet 177:279-82. 1993..Because the symptoms only mimic those of cholangitis, the possible presence of cholangiocarcinoma should be considered even after the treatment of hepatolithiasis for early detection and curative resection...
- [Biliary decompression by tumor drilling and endoprosthesis with a hepatocholedochal tube in a case of cholangiocarcinoma]V Todor
Clinica de Chirurgie V, I M F Cluj Napoca
Chirurgia (Bucur) 40:46-9. 1991..A survival of more than 30 months was obtained. The authors show the possibility of using this palliative method, followed by a good result when a radical surgery cannot be used...
- Micropharmacology of monoclonal antibodies in solid tumors: direct experimental evidence for a binding site barrierM Juweid
Nuclear Medicine Department, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Cancer Res 52:5144-53. 1992..The same general principles of micropharmacology may apply to biological ligands other than antibodies, including those secreted by genetically modified cells...
- Bile duct carcinoma in Egypt: possible etiological factorsA El-Zayadi
Ain Shams, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo, Egypt
Hepatogastroenterology 38:337-40. 1991..In conclusion, there might be an association between chronic fecal typhoid carrier state and bile duct carcinoma...
- Hepatitis C virus antibody in patients with primary liver cancer (hepatocellular carcinoma, cholangiocarcinoma, and combined hepatocellular-cholangiocarcinoma) in JapanM Tomimatsu
Department of Gastroenterology, Tokyo Women s Medical College, Japan
Cancer 72:683-8. 1993..These three types of primary liver cancer, which were anti-HCV positive, shared two common features: male dominance and high incidences of complication with liver cirrhosis...
- [A case of cholangiocarcinoma with marked reduction of tumor after oral administration of UFT]S Uehara
Dept of Internal Medicine, Tonan Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 16:411-4. 1989..The patient continues to be monitored as an outpatient. A marked reduction in the size of a cholangiocarcinoma was observed in the case, and administration of UFT has proved effective in prolonging life for over two years...
- [Study of combined hepatocellular and cholangiocarcinoma]T Shimoyama
1st Dept of Surgery, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Japan
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 20:295-8. 1993..A case treated by HAIT improved considerably in terms of symptoms and evidenced reduction in the size of the deposits. Selection of anticancer agents sensitive to both hepatocellular and cholangiocarcinoma is required...
- Nonbacterial thrombotic endocarditis and cerebral embolism in a patient with cholangiocarcinomaJ S Yih
Neurological Institute, Veterans General Hospital Taipei, Taiwan
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi (Taipei) 51:238-40. 1993..We present a patient who has cholangiocarcinoma, nonbacterial thrombotic endocarditis (NBTE) and cerebral embolic infarction. This is the first case report of NBTE proved by pathology in Taiwan...
- [Biliary cystadenoma]A Martinez Isla
Servicio de Cirugia General, Hospital POVISA, Vigo
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 88:634-6. 1996..Total excision by shelling out the lesion from the liver parenchyma was performed. We recommend complete surgical removal as the treatment of choice due to the malignant potential and the high recurrence rate after partial resections...
- Cholangiocarcinoma in two siblings with emphysema and alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiencyD M Parham
Department of Pathology, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee
Q J Med 71:359-67. 1989..This lends support to the view that alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency plays a role in the development of some primary liver tumours...
- Treatment of cancers involving the liver and porta hepatis with external beam irradiation and intraarterial hepatic fluorodeoxyuridineT S Lawrence
Dept of Radiation Oncology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor 48109
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 20:555-61. 1991....
- Differential diagnosis of sclerosing cholangiocarcinomas of the common hepatic duct (Klatskin tumors)L A Wetter
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco 94143
Am J Surg 161:57-62; discussion 62-3. 1991..The diagnosis is much less specific than is generally thought, so there is considerable opportunity for mismanaging such patients...
- A high incidence of liver cancer in Khon Kaen Province, ThailandV Vatanasapt
Department of Surgery, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Khon Kaen, Thailand
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 21:489-94. 1990..The observed geographical clusters of liver cancer appear to be associated with the prevalence and intensity of Opisthorchis viverrini infection, as reported in previous studies in this area...
- Immunostaining for polycomb group protein EZH2 and senescent marker p16INK4a may be useful to differentiate cholangiolocellular carcinoma from ductular reaction and bile duct adenomaMotoko Sasaki
Department of Human Pathology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medicine, Kanazawa, Japan
Am J Surg Pathol 38:364-9. 2014..b>Bile duct adenoma, a benign tumor/tumorous lesion and ductular reaction, is also composed of bile ductular cells, and the ..
- Gianturco-Rosch biliary stents: preliminary experienceE C Martin
Department of Radiology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, New York, NY 10032
J Vasc Interv Radiol 1:101-5. 1990..In the patient population studied, no advantages were seen with use of the stents; however, they may have an application in certain patients with benign disease...
- Brush cytology evaluation of lesions encountered during ERCPP L Scudera
Department of Pathology, New York Hospital Cornell Medical Center, New York 10021
Gastrointest Endosc 36:281-4. 1990..In experienced hands, a positive cytologic result may obviate the need for additional invasive diagnostic studies...
- Complications of choledochal cysts in adulthoodN F Hopkins
Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgery Unit, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, London
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 72:229-35. 1990..These included cholangitis, hepatic abscess, pancreatitis and malignancy within the cyst. Two patients presented during pregnancy. These complications and their implications for management are discussed...
- [Is endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography useful in the diagnosis of cholangiocarcinoma?]V F Moreira
Servicio de Gastroenterologia, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid
Rev Clin Esp 186:430-5. 1990....
- Benign fibrosing disease at the hepatic confluence mimicking Klatskin tumorsP C Verbeek
Hepatopancreaticobiliary Unit, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Surgery 112:866-71. 1992..However, overtreatment (extended liver resection, vascular reconstruction, and liver transplantation) should be avoided as well when a benign lesion has not been ruled out...
- Peripheral cholangiocarcinoma: sonographic evaluationB Wibulpolprasert
Department of Radiology, Khon Kaen Regional Hospital, Thailand
J Clin Ultrasound 20:303-14. 1992..8%). Extrahepatic extension was found at operation in 46 of 52 patients (88.5%), while it was demonstrable by ultrasonography in only 16 (30.8%). Five of 6 small lesions (3 cm and less) already had an extrahepatic extension...
- Positron emission tomography with [(18)F]fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose for diagnosis and staging of bile duct cancerR Kluge
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Hepatology 33:1029-35. 2001..All adenocarcinomas and benign lesions (sclerosing cholangitis, bile duct adenoma, Caroli's disease) were histologically proven and imaged by magnetic resonance imaging and endoscopic ..
- Acute cholangitis secondary to a common bile duct adenomaHorng Yuan Lou
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Taipei Medical University Hospital, No 252, Wu Hsing Street, Taipei 110, Taiwan
Hepatogastroenterology 50:949-51. 2003We report a case of distal common bile duct adenoma presenting with acute cholangitis. A 47-year-old woman suffered from right upper abdominal pain with persistent fever for 4 days...
- A case of very large intrahepatic bile duct adenoma followed for 7 yearsFuta Koga
Futa Koga, Hiroto Tanaka, Seigo Takamatsu, Shinnichi Baba, Hiroshi Takihara, Akioko Hasegawa, Eri Yanagihara, Taro Inoue, Toshihiro Nakano, Chie Ueda, Wataru Ono, The Department of Gastroenterology, Kishiwada Tokushukai Hospital, Kishiwada City 596 8522, Japan
World J Clin Oncol 3:63-6. 2012..Tumor biopsy findings indicated intrahepatic bile duct adenoma (BDA), which is a rare benign epithelial liver tumor typically ranging from 1 mm to 20 mm...
- Hepatobiliary cystadenoma. A study of five cases with reference to histogenesisC Subramony
Department of Pathology, University of Mississippi, Jackson
Arch Pathol Lab Med 117:1036-42. 1993..This study supports the hypothesis that the hepatobiliary cystadenomas arise from ectopic embryonic tissues destined to form the adult gallbladder...
- Histologic characterization of hepatic carcinogenesis in transgenic mice expressing SV40 T-antigensJ M Cullen
Department of Microbiology, Pathology, and Parasitology, North Carolina State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, Raleigh
Vet Pathol 30:111-8. 1993..Subcutaneous trabecular hepatocellular carcinomas developed in two of three syngeneic mice that had received transplants of a solid hepatic neoplasm, confirming the neoplastic behavior of these tumors.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- A comparison of ultrasound, computed tomography and endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography in the differential diagnosis of benign and malignant jaundice and cholestasisP A Pasanen
Department of Surgery, Kuopio University Hospital, Finland
Eur J Surg 159:23-9. 1993..Intrahepatic disease was best diagnosed by US and CT. The results emphasise that the three methods of imaging are complementary...
- Biliary ascariasis associated with cholangiocarcinomaR P Kedar
Department of Radiology, King Edward Memorial Hospital, Bombay, India
Abdom Imaging 18:76-7. 1993..A localized mass projecting into the common bile duct and causing its obstruction proved to be a coexistent cholangiocarcinoma...
- Pancreatitis complicating mucin-hypersecreting common bile duct adenomaPanagiotis Katsinelos
Department of Endoscopy and Motility Unit, G Gennimatas Hospital, Ethnikis Aminis 41, Thessaloniki 54635, Greece
World J Gastroenterol 12:4927-9. 2006..He underwent a modified Whipple operation and histological examination of the surgical specimen showed villous adenoma with rich secretion of mucus...
- Solitary hilar biliary adenoma: MR imaging and MR cholangiography features with pathologic correlationP Boraschi
2nd Department of Radiology, Pisa University Hospital, Via Paradisa 2, I 56124 Pisa, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 39:1031-4. 2007..We describe previously un-reported magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance cholangiography features with endoscopic retrograde cholangiography and pathologic correlation of a solitary hilar biliary adenoma...
- Intraoperative autotransfusion in hepatic resection for malignancy. Is it safe?R A Zulim
Department of Surgery, University of California, Davis Cancer Center, Sacramento 95817
Arch Surg 128:206-11. 1993..The predicted overall survival and risk of recurrence in this series compare favorably with published data for patients in whom intraoperative autologous transfusion was not used...
- Hepatic resection using a water jet dissectorH U Baer
Clinic for Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Inselspital, University of Berne, Switzerland
HPB Surg 6:189-96; discussion 196-8. 1993..0 units) compared to the tissue fracture group (mean 5.2 units); (p = .023). Results obtained with the new water dissector are encouraging. The preliminary results suggest that blood loss may be diminished...
- Cystic cholangiomas after transplantation of pancreatic islets into the livers of diabetic ratsMatthias Evert
Institute for Pathology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Leipziger Strasse 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Virchows Arch 448:776-87. 2006....
- Phenotypic characterization of metaplastic intestinal glands and ductular hepatocytes in cholangiofibrotic lesions rapidly induced in the caudate liver lobe of rats treated with furanL W Elmore
Department of Pathology, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond 23298
Cancer Res 51:5752-9. 1991....
- Clinical and radiological features of biliary papillomatosisK F Ma
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Kwong Wah Hospital, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Australas Radiol 44:169-73. 2000..With a healthy index of suspicion, the diagnosis can be reached when the above features are available...
- Biliary cystadenoma with mesenchymal stroma of the liver: correlation between unusual MR appearance and pathologic findingsT Gabata
Department of Radiology, Kanazawa University, School of Medicine, Kanazawa City, Ishikawa, Japan
J Magn Reson Imaging 8:503-4. 1998..The content of the cystic mass was jelly-like, thick mucinous fluid without intracystic hemorrhage. We concluded that these unusual signal intensities of the cyst were due to hyperproteinous mucinous fluid...
- Health of lake whitefish (Coregonus clupeaformis) with elevated tissue levels of environmental contaminantsIgor Mikaelian
, Saint Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada
Environ Toxicol Chem 21:532-41. 2002..The presence of liver neoplasms, gonadal lesions, and a decreased condition factor in lake whitefish from the St. Lawrence River may be etiologically related to elevated tissue concentrations of toxic chemical contaminants...
- [Bile duct carcinoma in an adenoma in the anastomotic area after hepaticojejunostomy--a case report]G Schumacher
Chirugische Klinik und Poliklinik, Virchow Klinikums,
Z Gastroenterol 35:1081-6. 1997..Because of the heterogeneity inside the lesions a malignant lesion can only be excluded by histopathological examination of the whole tumor...
- [Departmental review of surgical cases in the last 17 years: Liver neoplasms]Mitsuo Shimada
Fukuoka Igaku Zasshi 93:16-9. 2002
- Hepatoblastoma with cholangioblastic features ('cholangioblastic hepatoblastoma') and other liver tumors with bimodal differentiation in young patientsArthur Zimmermann
Institute of Pathology of the University, Berne, Switzerland
Med Pediatr Oncol 39:487-91. 2002..A possible pathogenetic pathway is suggested, i.e., uni- or bipotential neoplastic progenitors switch into either of the two lineages...
- Spontaneous rupture of hepatobiliary cystadenoma: a case reportM S Chang
Department of General Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Changgeng Yi Xue Za Zhi 18:392-7. 1995..Complete excision of the tumor offers the best chance of cure and avoids recurrence, secondary infection or malignant change...
- Endoscopic papillary balloon dilation causes transient pancreatobiliary and duodenobiliary refluxMasanori Sugiyama
Department of Surgery, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6 20 2 Shiunkawa, Mitaka, Tokyo 181 8611, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 60:186-90. 2004..CONCLUSIONS: Endoscopic papillary balloon dilation causes transient pancreatobiliary and duodenobiliary reflux. However, reflux is no longer present at 1 year after endoscopic papillary balloon dilation...
- [Indications for liver transplantation in neoplasms of the liver]R E Stauber
Acta Med Austriaca 20:57-60. 1993..Results of liver transplantation for cholangiocellular carcinoma or hepatic metastases have been disappointing. Single cases have been successfully treated with the "cluster operation" designed by Starzl in 1988...
- Promoting effects of 3-chloro-4-(dichloromethyl)-5-hydroxy-2(5H)-furanone on rat glandular stomach carcinogenesis initiated with N-methyl-N'-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidineA Nishikawa
Division of Pathology, National Institute of Health Sciences, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Res 59:2045-9. 1999..The results of the present study thus indicate that MX exerts promoting effects when given during the postinitiation phase of two-stage glandular stomach carcinogenesis in rats...
- Possibility of hepatic resection in patients on maintenance hemodialysisM Yamagata
Department of Surgery II, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 40:249-52. 1993..Our experience suggests that hepatic resection is an acceptable procedure for hemodialyzed patients, when used in conjunction with careful perioperative management...