Genomes and Genes
Summary: A malignant tumor derived from primitive or embryonal lipoblastic cells. It may be composed of well-differentiated fat cells or may be dedifferentiated: myxoid (LIPOSARCOMA, MYXOID), round-celled, or pleomorphic, usually in association with a rich network of capillaries. Recurrences are common and dedifferentiated liposarcomas metastasize to the lungs or serosal surfaces. (From Dorland, 27th ed; Stedman, 25th ed)
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications300 found, 100 shown here
- Giant retroperitoneal liposarcomaKatsuki Inoue
Department of Urology, Showa University Fujigaoka Hospital, Yokohama, Japan
Int J Urol 12:220-2. 2005..We report a case with an extremely large dedifferentiated liposarcoma that weighed 18 kg...
- Effect of the MDM2 antagonist RG7112 on the P53 pathway in patients with MDM2-amplified, well-differentiated or dedifferentiated liposarcoma: an exploratory proof-of-mechanism studyIsabelle Ray-Coquard
Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France EAM 4128 Santé Individu Société, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon I, Lyon, France
Lancet Oncol 13:1133-40. 2012We report a proof-of-mechanism study of RG7112, a small-molecule MDM2 antagonist, in patients with chemotherapy-naive primary or relapsed well-differentiated or dedifferentiated MDM2-amplified liposarcoma who were eligible for resection.
- Efficacy and safety of trabectedin in patients with advanced or metastatic liposarcoma or leiomyosarcoma after failure of prior anthracyclines and ifosfamide: results of a randomized phase II study of two different schedulesGeorge D Demetri
Center for Sarcoma and Bone Oncology and Ludwig Center of Dana Farber Harvard Cancer Center, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, D1212 44 Binney St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:4188-96. 2009..trabectedin in a phase II, open-label, multicenter, randomized study in adult patients with unresectable/metastatic liposarcoma or leiomyosarcoma after failure of prior conventional chemotherapy including anthracyclines and ifosfamide.
- Clinical and molecular approaches to well differentiated and dedifferentiated liposarcomaAimee M Crago
Sarcoma Disease Management Program, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Curr Opin Oncol 23:373-8. 2011b>Liposarcoma, a rare disease, is classified into five histologic subtypes. These include well differentiated liposarcoma (WDLS) and dedifferentiated liposarcoma (DDLS), both characterized by chromosome 12q13-15 amplification...
- Small RNA sequencing and functional characterization reveals MicroRNA-143 tumor suppressor activity in liposarcomaStacy Ugras
Department of Surgery, Sarcoma Biology Laboratory, Sarcoma Disease Management Program, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York, USA
Cancer Res 71:5659-69. 2011b>Liposarcoma remains the most common mesenchymal cancer, with a mortality rate of 60% among patients with this disease...
- Cytotoxic effects of new geranyl chalcone derivatives isolated from the leaves of Artocarpus communis in SW 872 human liposarcoma cellsSong Chwan Fang
Department of Food Nutrition, Chung Hwa University of Medical Technology, 89 Wenhwa First Street, Tainan 71703, Taiwan
J Agric Food Chem 56:8859-68. 2008..8 muM in SW 872 human liposarcoma cells...
- Phase II trial of the CDK4 inhibitor PD0332991 in patients with advanced CDK4-amplified well-differentiated or dedifferentiated liposarcomaMark A Dickson
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 31:2024-8. 2013..In a phase I trial of PD0332991, several patients with WDLS or DDLS experienced prolonged stable disease. We performed an open-label phase II study to determine the safety and efficacy of PD0332991 in patients with advanced WDLS/DDLS...
- MiR-155 is a liposarcoma oncogene that targets casein kinase-1α and enhances β-catenin signalingPingyu Zhang
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 72:1751-62. 2012b>Liposarcoma can be an aggressive, debilitating, and fatal malignancy. In this study, we identifed miRNAs associated with the differentiation status of liposarcoma to gain insight into the basis for its progression...
- The CDKN2A/CDKN2B/CDK4/CCND1 pathway is pivotal in well-differentiated and dedifferentiated liposarcoma oncogenesis: an analysis of 104 tumorsCaroline Louis-Brennetot
Institut Curie, Genetics and Biology of Cancers, Paris Cedex, France
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 50:896-907. 2011..present in almost all cases without CDK4 amplification, thereby confirming the pivotal role of this pathway in liposarcoma oncogenesis...
- Differential gene expression in liposarcoma, lipoma, and adipose tissueKeith M Skubitz
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School, Masonic Cancer Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Cancer Invest 23:105-18. 2005..In addition, genes expressed uniquely in liposarcoma among these and 18 other tissue sample sets were identified...
- Aberrant AKT activation drives well-differentiated liposarcomaAlejandro Gutierrez
Department of Pediatric Oncology, The Dana Farber Cancer Institute, MA 02215, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:16386-91. 2011Well-differentiated liposarcoma (WDLPS), one of the most common human sarcomas, is poorly responsive to radiation and chemotherapy, and the lack of animal models suitable for experimental analysis has seriously impeded functional ..
- Expression profiling of liposarcoma yields a multigene predictor of patient outcome and identifies genes that contribute to liposarcomagenesisRyan M Gobble
Department of Surgery, Sarcoma Disease Management Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Cancer Res 71:2697-705. 2011..to liposarcomagenesis and serve as prognostic candidates, we undertook expression profiling of 140 primary liposarcoma samples, which were randomly split into training set (n = 95) and test set (n = 45)...
- TLS (translocated-in-liposarcoma) is a high-affinity interactor for steroid, thyroid hormone, and retinoid receptorsC A Powers
Division of Molecular Endocrinology, New York University Medical Center 10016, USA
Mol Endocrinol 12:4-18. 1998..p65 was identified as TLS (translocated-in-liposarcoma), a recently identified member of the RNP family of nuclear RNA-binding proteins whose members are thought to ..
- HMGA2 is the partner of MDM2 in well-differentiated and dedifferentiated liposarcomas whereas CDK4 belongs to a distinct inconsistent ampliconAntoine Italiano
Laboratory of Solid Tumors Genetics, Nice University Hospital, and CNRS, UMR 6543, Faculty of Medicine, Nice, France
Int J Cancer 122:2233-41. 2008..CDK4 amplicon was located immediately downstream the 5' end of DDIT3, a gene known for being involved in myxoid liposarcoma translocations. DDIT3 was amplified in 3 cases and overexpressed in 9 cases...
- Coordinated expression and amplification of the MDM2, CDK4, and HMGI-C genes in atypical lipomatous tumoursA P Dei Tos
Department of Pathology, Regional Hospitals, Treviso, Italy
J Pathol 190:531-6. 2000..These findings not only provide insights into the molecular pathogenesis of lipomatous tumours, but also indicate that the immunohistochemical analysis of mdm2 and cdk4 may help to increase diagnostic accuracy...
- Potential for treatment of liposarcomas with the MDM2 antagonist Nutlin-3AChristoph R Müller
Department of Tumour Biology, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Medical Center, Oslo, Norway
Int J Cancer 121:199-205. 2007..We have therefore investigated the molecular response to Nutlin treatment in several liposarcoma cell lines with such markers, as well as a panel of other sarcoma cell lines...
- Telomere maintenance mechanisms in liposarcomas: association with histologic subtypes and disease progressionAurora Costa
Department of Experimental Oncology and Laboratories, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milano, Italy
Cancer Res 66:8918-24. 2006..their association with histology, and to compare their prognostic relevance in a series of 93 patients with liposarcoma. ALT was detected by assaying ALT-associated promyelocytic leukemia nuclear bodies and TA was assayed using the ..
- Can MDM2 and CDK4 make the diagnosis of well differentiated/dedifferentiated liposarcoma? An immunohistochemical study on 129 soft tissue tumoursP B Aleixo
Center For Research and Post graduation Heitor Cirne Lima, Universidade Federal de Ciências da Saúde de Porto Alegre, 90050 170, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
J Clin Pathol 62:1127-35. 2009..MDM2 and CDK4 protein overexpression have also been identified in these tumours...
- Clinical and biological significance of CDK4 amplification in well-differentiated and dedifferentiated liposarcomasAntoine Italiano
Laboratory of Solid Tumors Genetics and Department of Pathology, Nice University Hospital, Nice, France
Clin Cancer Res 15:5696-703. 2009..Our goal was to determine whether the absence of CDK4 amplification was (a) correlated to a specific clinico-histopathologic profile; and (b) compensated by another genomic anomaly involving the CCND1/CDK4/P16INK4a/RB1/E2F pathway...
- Well-differentiated liposarcoma (atypical lipomatous tumors)L Laurino
Department of Pathology, Regional Hospital, Treviso, Italy
Semin Diagn Pathol 18:258-62. 2001Well-differentiated (WD) liposarcoma accounts for about 40% to 45% of all liposarcomas therefore representing the larger subgroup of adipocytic malignancies...
- Phase II study of sunitinib malate, a multitargeted tyrosine kinase inhibitor in patients with relapsed or refractory soft tissue sarcomas. Focus on three prevalent histologies: leiomyosarcoma, liposarcoma and malignant fibrous histiocytomaS Tariq Mahmood
Sarcoma Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Int J Cancer 129:1963-9. 2011..Patients with documented unresectable or metastatic STS (liposarcoma, leiomyosarcoma and malignant fibrous histiocytoma [MFH]), measurable disease, and 3 or less prior lines of ..
- New frontiers in the treatment of liposarcoma, a therapeutically resistant malignant cohortAviad Hoffman
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Drug Resist Updat 14:52-66. 2011The adipogenic origin-derived liposarcoma (LPS) family is the most common soft tissue sarcoma histological subtype...
- Subtype specific prognostic nomogram for patients with primary liposarcoma of the retroperitoneum, extremity, or trunkKimberly Moore Dalal
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Ann Surg 244:381-91. 2006To determine the prognostic significance of histologic subtype in a large series of patients with primary liposarcoma (LS) and to construct a LS-specific postoperative nomogram for disease-specific survival (DSS).
- Dedifferentiated liposarcomas with divergent myosarcomatous differentiation developed in the internal trunk: a study of 27 cases and comparison to conventional dedifferentiated liposarcomas and leiomyosarcomasMatthieu Bui Nguyen Binh
Department of Pathology, Institut Bergonié and Université Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
Am J Surg Pathol 31:1557-66. 2007Dedifferentiated liposarcoma (DLPS) is one of the most frequent sarcomas of the retroperitoneum and represents most undifferentiated sarcomas of the internal trunk...
- Targeting sarcoplasmic/endoplasmic reticulum Ca²+-ATPase 2 by curcumin induces ER stress-associated apoptosis for treating human liposarcomaLu Wang
State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Nanjing University, 22 Han Kou Road, Nanjing 210093, China
Mol Cancer Ther 10:461-71. 2011Human liposarcoma is the most common soft tissue sarcoma. There is no effective therapy so far except for surgery...
- Nelfinavir induces liposarcoma apoptosis through inhibition of regulated intramembrane proteolysis of SREBP-1 and ATF6Min Guan
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, California 91010, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:1796-806. 2011We previously reported that nelfinavir (NFV) induces G(1) cell-cycle block and apoptosis selectively in liposarcoma cell lines due to increased SREBP-1 (sterol regulatory element binding protein-1) expression in the absence of increased ..
- Copy number losses define subgroups of dedifferentiated liposarcoma with poor prognosis and genomic instabilityAimee M Crago
Sarcoma Disease Management Program, Department of Surgery, Bioinformatics Core, Computational Biology Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:1334-40. 2012Molecular events underlying progression of well-differentiated liposarcoma (WDLS) to dedifferentiated liposarcoma (DDLS) are poorly defined...
- The expression of MDM2/CDK4 gene product in the differential diagnosis of well differentiated liposarcoma and large deep-seated lipomaS Pilotti
Department of Pathology and Cytopathology, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milano, Italy
Br J Cancer 82:1271-5. 2000..In conclusion, MDM2/CDK4 product-based immunophenotyping appears to represent a valuable method for the categorization of arguable LDSL...
- Phase I study of nelfinavir in liposarcomaJanet Pan
Department of Medical Oncology, City of Hope, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 70:791-9. 2012..HIV protease inhibitors are associated with HIV protease inhibitor-related lipodystrophy syndrome. We hypothesized that liposarcomas would be similarly susceptible to the apoptotic effects of an HIV protease inhibitor, nelfinavir...
- Liposarcoma of the spermatic-cord: description of two clinical cases and review of the literatureMichele Malizia
Department of Urology, University of Bologna, Policlinico S Orsola Malpighi General Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Arch Ital Urol Androl 77:115-7. 2005Spermatic cord liposarcoma is a rare tumor; currently only 161 cases are described in literature. Natural history of these tumors is marked by the high local recurrence rate...
- H-ras oncogene mutation in dedifferentiated liposarcoma. Polymerase chain reaction-restriction fragment length polymorphism analysisA Sakamoto
Departments of Anatomic Pathology, Pathological Sciences, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Am J Clin Pathol 115:235-42. 2001..Dedifferentiated liposarcoma is characterized by the coexistence of well-differentiated (WD) and high-grade anaplastic (HG) components...
- Localized and metastatic myxoid/round cell liposarcoma: clinical and molecular observationsAviad Hoffman
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Cancer 119:1868-77. 2013Myxoid liposarcoma (MLPS), a disease especially of young adults with potential for local recurrence and metastasis, currently lacks solid prognostic factors and therapeutic targets...
- Aberrant calreticulin expression is involved in the dedifferentiation of dedifferentiated liposarcomaMasanori Hisaoka
Department of Pathology and Oncology, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyushu, Japan
Am J Pathol 180:2076-83. 2012..gene expression profiling study identified several unique genes that were highly expressed in dedifferentiated liposarcoma, and the gene encoding calreticulin (CALR), a major Ca(2+)-buffering protein that can inhibit adipocyte ..
- Heterogeneity of angiogenic activity in a human liposarcoma: a proposed mechanism for "no take" of human tumors in miceE G Achilles
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Research, Children's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 93:1075-81. 2001..SCID) mice were xenotransplanted subcutaneously with tumor tissue (n = 55) or cell suspension of a human liposarcoma cell line (SW-872) or subclones (n = 28), with varying cell proliferation rates...
- Liposarcoma of the spermatic cordC Bouropoulos
Department of Urology, Artas General Hospital, Greece
Int Urol Nephrol 33:397-8. 2001Primary malignant tumors of the spermatic cord are rare. We report a case of paratesticular liposarcoma and discuss the prognosis of this neoplasm and its therapeutic implications.
- mRNA and protein levels of FUS, EWSR1, and TAF15 are upregulated in liposarcomaJessica I Spitzer
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Laboratory of RNA Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 50:338-47. 2011..We thus investigated whether the loss of one FUS allele by translocation in liposarcoma may be followed by mutations in either the remaining FUS allele or the paralogous EWSR1...
- Liposarcoma in children and young adults: a multi-institutional experienceWinston W Huh
Division of Pediatrics, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 57:1142-6. 2011There are limited data regarding the differences in clinical presentation and outcome of liposarcomas between adult and pediatric patients. The role of adjuvant radiotherapy in the treatment of childhood liposarcoma is unclear.
- Beta-catenin accumulation and gene mutation in exon 3 in dedifferentiated liposarcoma and malignant fibrous histiocytomaAkio Sakamoto
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Arch Pathol Lab Med 126:1071-8. 2002..beta-Catenin is an adhesion molecule that also plays a role in the Wnt signaling pathway. Objective.-To analyze beta-catenin mutation and accumulation in a series of liposarcomas and malignant fibrous histiocytomas...
- Liposarcoma of the spermatic cord masquerading as an incarcerated inguinal herniaJ Matthew Hassan
Department of Urology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2765, USA
Am Surg 69:163-5. 2003We present a rare case of liposarcoma of the spermatic cord. There are only 61 reports in the literature. The presenting complaint is usually a painless bulge in the inguinal or scrotal region...
- Activation of metalloproteinases-2 and -9 by interleukin-1alpha in S100A4-positive liposarcoma cell line: correlation with cell invasivenessLaura Pazzaglia
Department of Muscoloskeletal Oncology, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, 40100, Bologna, Italy
Anticancer Res 24:967-72. 2004..The S100A4 gene may affect the invasive properties of tumor cells through modulation of metalloproteinases (MMPs) and their inhibitors (TIMPs)...
- Is there a role for incomplete resection in the management of retroperitoneal liposarcomas?D Shibata
Division of Surgical Oncology, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, USA
J Am Coll Surg 193:373-9. 2001..Most likely to benefit are those patients presenting with primary tumors, suggesting that surgical resection should be attempted in the majority of patients...
- From the archives of the AFIP: imaging of musculoskeletal liposarcoma with radiologic-pathologic correlationMark D Murphey
Department of Radiologic Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, 6825 16th St NW, Bldg 54, Rm M 133A, Washington, DC 20306, USA
Radiographics 25:1371-95. 2005b>Liposarcoma is the second most common type of soft-tissue sarcoma, accounting for 10%-35% of these lesions...
- Well-differentiated and dedifferentiated liposarcomasJean Michel Coindre
Department of Pathology and INSERM U916, Institut Bergonie, Bordeaux, France
Virchows Arch 456:167-79. 2010Atypical lipomatous tumor or well-differentiated liposarcoma (ALT-WDLPS) and dedifferentiated liposarcoma (DDLPS) share the same basic genetic abnormality characterized by a simple genomic profile with a 12q14-15 amplification involving ..
- FUS-CHOP fusion protein expression coupled to p53 deficiency induces liposarcoma in mouse but not in human adipose-derived mesenchymal stem/stromal cellsRene Rodriguez
Andalusian Stem Cell Bank, Centro de Investigacion Biomedica, Consejería de Salud Universidad de Granada, Granada, Spain
Stem Cells 29:179-92. 2011..However, sarcoma models based on human MSCs are still missing. We attempted to develop a model of liposarcoma by expressing FUS (FUsed in Sarcoma; also termed TLS, Translocated in LipoSarcoma)-CHOP (C/EBP HOmologous ..
- Adult paratesticular tumoursB Khoubehi
Department of Urology, Wexham Park Hospital, London, UK
BJU Int 90:707-15. 2002
- Fusion of CHOP to a novel RNA-binding protein in human myxoid liposarcomaA Crozat
Department of Medicine, NYU Medical Center, New York 10016
Nature 363:640-4. 1993..CHOP gene product revealed a fusion between CHOP and a gene provisionally named TLS (translocated in liposarcoma)...
- Updates on the cytogenetics and molecular genetics of bone and soft tissue tumors: liposarcomaAvery A Sandberg
Department of DNA Diagnostics, St Joseph s Hospital and Medical Center, 350 West Thomas Road, Phoenix, AZ 85013, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 155:1-24. 2004
- MDM2 and CDK4 immunostainings are useful adjuncts in diagnosing well-differentiated and dedifferentiated liposarcoma subtypes: a comparative analysis of 559 soft tissue neoplasms with genetic dataMatthieu Bui Nguyen Binh
Department of Pathology at the Curie Institute, Paris, France
Am J Surg Pathol 29:1340-7. 2005Atypical lipomatous tumor/well-differentiated liposarcoma (ALT-WDLPS) and dedifferentiated liposarcoma (DDLPS) may be difficult to distinguish from benign adipose tumors and from poorly differentiated sarcomas, respectively...
- Paratesticular liposarcoma: a clinicopathologic studyElizabeth Montgomery
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland USA
Am J Surg Pathol 27:40-7. 2003..One was a myxoid/round cell liposarcoma with 70% round cell areas. All patients were treated by radical orchiectomy...
- Liposarcoma: exploration of clinical prognostic factors for risk based stratification of therapyHyo Song Kim
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
BMC Cancer 9:205. 2009Prognosis and optimal treatment strategies of liposarcoma have not been fully defined. The purpose of this study is to define the distinctive clinical features of liposarcomas by assessing prognostic factors.
- Translocations and amplifications of chromosome 12 in liposarcoma demonstrated by the LSI CHOP breakapart rearrangement probeCarlynn Willmore-Payne
ARUP Laboratories, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 132:952-7. 2008..Amplifications occur within the 12q13-15 region of atypical lipomatous tumors and well-differentiated liposarcomas but not lipomas...
- Atypical lipomatous tumor, its variants, and its combined forms: a study of 61 cases, with a minimum follow-up of 10 yearsHarry L Evans
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 31:1-14. 2007..conventional atypical lipomatous tumor (n=15), cellular atypical lipomatous tumor (n=21), dedifferentiated liposarcoma (n=24), and atypical lipomatous tumor with a pleomorphic liposarcoma-like component (n=1)...
- Prognostic relevance of ALT-associated markers in liposarcoma: a comparative analysisLorenza Venturini
Department of Experimental Oncology, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
BMC Cancer 10:254. 2010..Most cancers maintain telomeres by activating telomerase but a significant minority, mainly of mesenchymal origin, utilize an alternative lengthening of telomeres (ALT) mechanism...
- Added Value of Molecular Biological Analysis in Diagnosis and Clinical Management of Liposarcoma: A 30-Year Single-Institution ExperienceRonald S A de Vreeze
Departments of Surgical Oncology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Surg Oncol 17:686-93. 2010Treatment decisions and prognosis assessment for liposarcoma is based on a classification that depends on morphological and genetic features. Revisions by experienced referral pathologists are often advocated.
- Myxoid/round cell and pleomorphic liposarcomas: prognostic factors and survival in a series of patients treated at a single institutionMarco Fiore
Department of Surgery, National Cancer Institute, Milan, Italy
Cancer 109:2522-31. 2007The objective of this study was to investigate prognostic factors and clinical outcome of myxoid/round cell and pleomorphic liposarcoma.
- Genomic profiling reveals subsets of dedifferentiated liposarcoma to follow separate molecular pathwaysRalf J Rieker
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital, INF 220 221, 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Virchows Arch 456:277-85. 2010..These data indicate that dedifferentiated LS follow separate tumourigenic pathways and that genetic analysis is important to unravel these differences...
- [Comparison of intensity-modulated postoperative radiotherapy with conventional postoperative conformal radiotherapy for retroperitoneal sarcoma]E Musat
Departement de Radiotherapie, Centre Regional de Lutte Contre le Cancer, Institut Bergonie, 229, cours de l Argonne, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Cancer Radiother 8:255-61. 2004....
- Fusion of the dominant negative transcription regulator CHOP with a novel gene FUS by translocation t(12;16) in malignant liposarcomaT H Rabbitts
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK
Nat Genet 4:175-80. 1993..We show that the translocation t(12;16)(q13:p11) in malignant myxoid liposarcoma can be a fusion of the CHOP dominant negative transcription factor gene with a novel gene, FUS, which can ..
- Surgical management of primary and recurrent retroperitoneal liposarcomaS J Neuhaus
Melanoma Sarcoma Unit, The Royal Marsden Hospital NHS Trust, Fulham Road, London SW3 6JJ, UK
Br J Surg 92:246-52. 2005Surgery plays a dominant role in the initial and subsequent treatment of retroperitoneal liposarcoma (RPLS). This study was a review of outcomes of patients treated at the Royal Marsden Hospital.
- Liposarcoma of the head and neck: The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center experienceErica C Davis
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Head Neck 31:28-36. 2009Our aim was to review our experience with liposarcoma of the head and neck region.
- Liposarcoma of the oral and salivary gland region: a clinicopathologic study of 18 cases with emphasis on specific sites, morphologic subtypes, and clinical outcomeJulie C Fanburg-Smith
Department of Soft Tissue, The Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC 20306, USA
Mod Pathol 15:1020-31. 2002b>Liposarcoma is rare in the oral and salivary gland region (OSG), previously described in only case reports and two small series. Clinicopathologic features of a large series of these tumors were studied...
- Imaging of fatty tumors: distinction of lipoma and well-differentiated liposarcomaMark J Kransdorf
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, 4500 San Pablo Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32224 3899, USA
Radiology 224:99-104. 2002To review the reliability of computed tomographic (CT) and magnetic resonance (MR) imaging features in distinguishing lipoma and well-differentiated liposarcoma.
- Incidental finding of renal cell carcinoma in recurrent retroperitoneal liposarcomaJ M L Williamson
Department of Hepato pancreato biliary Surgery, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 90:W4-5. 2008This is the first reported case of concomitant renal cell carcinoma with retroperitoneal liposarcoma (also involving the kidney)...
- Low-grade liposarcoma with osteosarcomatous dedifferentiation: radiological and histological featuresAndoni P Toms
Department of Medical Imaging, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1X5, Canada
Skeletal Radiol 32:286-9. 2003We describe the radiological and pathological findings of a rare case of a low-grade liposarcoma associated with a high-grade osteosarcomatous component in a 78-year-old woman...
- [Giant dedifferenciated liposarcoma of the spermatic cord]Fernando Fernandez
Servicio de Urología Clínica Rafael Uribe Uribe, Clínica Urológica Salus, Cali, Colombia
Arch Esp Urol 62:751-5. 2009To describe a patient with dedifferentiated liposarcoma of the spermatic cord and to perform a bibliographic review.
- Spindle cell lipoma of the mediastinum: a differential consideration for liposarcomaJason Oaks
Tulane University School of Medicine, USA
J Thorac Imaging 22:355-7. 2007..It shares many imaging characteristics with liposarcoma, including the presence of adipose and soft tissue elements...
- Retroperitoneal liposarcoma presenting a indirect inguinal herniaH Noguchi
Department of Surgery I, Okayama University Medical School, Japan
Acta Med Okayama 55:51-4. 2001..Histopathological diagnosis showed well-differentiated liposarcoma of the sclerosing type...
- Establishment and characterization of a novel dedifferentiated liposarcoma cell line, NDDLS-1Takashi Ariizumi
Division of Orthopedic Surgery, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata City, Niigata, Japan
Pathol Int 61:461-8. 2011We established a dedifferentiated liposarcoma cell line (NDDLS-1) that produces interleukin-6 (IL-6) and granulocyte-colony stimulating factor (G-CSF). The parental tumor showed high leukemoid reactions...
- MicroRNA expression profiles distinguish liposarcoma subtypes and implicate miR-145 and miR-451 as tumor suppressorsCaroline M M Gits
Department of Medical Oncology, Erasmus MC Cancer Institute, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Cancer 135:348-61. 2014..More insight into the biology of liposarcoma tumorigenesis is needed to devise novel therapeutic approaches...
- High-dose pre-operative helical tomotherapy (54 Gy) for retroperitoneal liposarcomaPaul Sargos
Department of Radiation Oncology, Institut Bergonie, Bordeaux, France
Radiat Oncol 7:214. 2012..To evaluate the feasibility of pre-operative radiotherapy (54 Gy) with Helical Tomotherapy (HT) followed by surgery...
- Factors associated with outcome in liposarcomas of the extremities and trunkE E Pakos
Department of Radiation Therapy, University of Ioannina, School of Medicine, Ioannina, Greece
J BUON 15:518-23. 2010..We aimed to evaluate the outcomes of patients with extremities and superficial trunk liposarcomas in relation to some clinicopathological factors...
- Metastatic shoulder liposarcoma to the right ventricle: CT findingsAamer Chughtai
Department of Radiology, Division of Cardiothoracic Radiology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Thorac Imaging 22:195-8. 2007Metastatic cardiac liposarcoma is rare...
- Lipoleiomyosarcoma (well-differentiated liposarcoma with leiomyosarcomatous differentiation): a clinicopathologic study of nine cases including one with dedifferentiationAndrew L Folpe
Department of Pathology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 26:742-9. 2002Leiomyosarcomatous (LMS) differentiation is a rare event in liposarcoma (LPS) and may consist of either well-differentiated liposarcoma (WDL) with an intrinsic smooth muscle component, so-called "lipoleiomyosarcoma," (L-LMS) or ..
- Amplification of FRS2 and activation of FGFR/FRS2 signaling pathway in high-grade liposarcomaKeqiang Zhang
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Cancer Res 73:1298-307. 2013..we first comparatively examined the amplification and expression of FRS2 with CDK4 and MDM2 in dedifferentiated liposarcoma (DDLS) and undifferentiated high-grade pleomorphic sarcoma (UHGPS)...
- Well-differentiated liposarcoma of esophagusBin Yang
Department of Radiology, Hangzhou First People s Hospital, Hangzhou 310006, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 119:438-40. 2006
- Liposarcoma of the spermatic cord: a report of two casesC J Tan
Surgical Assessment Unit, Daisy Hill Hospital, Newry, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 94:e10-2. 2012..Careful clinical and radiological examination will help in appropriate preoperative planning and surgery by an experienced surgical team. We report our experience of two cases of such scrotal swellings...
- Metastatic liposarcoma of the thyroid glandA R Azar
Department of Radiology, Cliniques Universitaires St Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Avenue Hippocrate 10, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Br J Radiol 76:750-2. 2003Metastatic liposarcoma of the thyroid gland is exceptionally rare. A case of pleomorphic liposarcoma, which manifested as a soft tissue lump in the neck, is described in a 30-year-old woman...
- Recurrent giant liposarcoma of the spermatic cordPaola De Nardi
Department of Surgery, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Urology 79:113-4. 2012A giant recurrent retroperitoneal liposarcoma of the spermatic cord was removed in a 40-year-old man. The tumor measured 50 cm and weighed 42 Kilograms. Radiotherapy and chemotherapy have little role in this neoplasm...
- Liposarcoma of the spermatic cord: report of 2 casesT J R Bestman
Department of Surgery, AZ St Dimpna, Geel, Belgium
Acta Chir Belg 107:58-9. 2007These case reports describe the rare condition of liposarcoma of the funiculus spermaticus. It is treated by radical surgical resection. The diagnosis is usually made postoperatively...
- First report of liposarcoma of the spermatic cord after radical prostatectomy for prostate cancerTateki Yoshino
Department of Urology, Mazda Hospital, 2 15 Aosaki minami Fuchu cho Akigun, Hiroshima 735 8585, Japan
Anticancer Res 29:677-80. 2009Primary liposarcoma of the spermatic cord (LSC) is a rare neoplasm; there are fewer than 100 cases reported in the English literature worldwide...
- Spontaneous diaphragmatic rupture related to local invasion by retroperitoneal liposarcomaM Pehar
University Hospital Mostar, Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 94:e18-9. 2012..through the rupture site from within the retroperitoneum that was proven subsequently to be a dedifferentiated liposarcoma. Second surgery was performed to completely remove the liposarcoma tissue and repair a coincident old right ..
- An experimental model for the study of well-differentiated and dedifferentiated liposarcoma; deregulation of targetable tyrosine kinase receptorsTingsheng Peng
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Lab Invest 91:392-403. 2011Therapeutic progress in well-differentiated/dedifferentiated liposarcoma (WDLPS/DDLPS) is hampered by lack of relevant experimental models, thereby limiting comprehensive molecularly based investigations...
- Primary cardiac liposarcoma causing cardiac tamponade: report of a caseAki Kitamura
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Hyogo Brain and Heart Center at Himeji, 520 Saisho Ko, Himeji 670 0981, Japan
Surg Today 37:974-6. 2007The intracardiac growth and extension of liposarcoma was observed in a 60-year-old woman. The epicardial tumor was identified to originate from the anterior wall of the right ventricle...
- A developmental model of sarcomagenesis defines a differentiation-based classification for liposarcomasIgor Matushansky
Department of Pathology, Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbia University, 1130 St Nicholas Avenue, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Pathol 172:1069-80. 2008..the assignment of a unique time point during adipogenesis that strongly correlates to each of the four major liposarcoma subtypes...
- Giant lipomas: a series of 12 consecutive cases and a giant liposarcoma of the thighAhmet Terzioglu
Ankara Training and Research Hospital, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Cebeci, Ankara, Turkey
Dermatol Surg 30:463-7. 2004..It is therefore of primary importance for the clinician to be familiar with epidemiologic and anatomic attributes of these lesions...
- Prolonged dormancy of human liposarcoma is associated with impaired tumor angiogenesisNava Almog
Vascular Biology Program and Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
FASEB J 20:947-9. 2006..Both tumor types cultured in vitro contain fully transformed cells, but only cells from the nonangiogenic human liposarcoma secrete relatively high levels of the angiogenesis inhibitors thrombospondin-1 and TIMP-1...
- Liposarcoma of the cervico-nuchal regionAugusto P Casani
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 133:641. 2005
- Laparoscopic resection of metastatic pelvic liposarcomaHong B Shim
Department of Urology, Seoul Veterans Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Int Braz J Urol 32:445-7. 2006We report a pelvic liposarcoma originating from the left spermatic cord that recurred following inadequate excision. In our case, the tumor was resected without performing orchiectomy previously...
- Late recurrence of liposarcoma simulating adenoma of the duodenumF H Wolfhagen
Department of Internal Medicine, Ikazia Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Neth J Med 54:231-4. 1999..of a patient with asymptomatic anaemia, with mucosal biopsies indicating a villous adenoma, turned out to be a liposarcoma during laparotomy. The patient had had a completely resected retroperitoneal liposarcoma 8 years before...
- Dedifferentiated liposarcoma of the oral cavity with angiosarcomatous dedifferentiationIsabela Werneck da Cunha
Department of Pathology, Centro de Tratamento e Pesquisa, Hospital do Cancer, A C Camargo, R Prof Antônio Prudente 211, Liberdade, 01509 900, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Virchows Arch 446:456-9. 2005We report a unique case of a 42-year-old woman with a dedifferentiated liposarcoma of the soft tissue of the oral cavity with angiosarcomatous dedifferentiation...
- The management of retroperitoneal liposarcoma with synchronous intra-duodenal sarcomaA Tsang
Department of Surgery, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Liverpool, UK
Eur J Surg Oncol 29:515-8. 2003..Intra-duodenal involvement with sarcoma was found intra-operatively. We discuss the management of this condition in the context of an illustrative case in our recent experience...
- Liposarcoma: outcome based on the Scandinavian Sarcoma Group registerKatarina Engström
Department of Oncology, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Cancer 113:1649-56. 2008The aim was to study the clinicopathological characteristics, treatment, and outcome of liposarcoma in an unselected, population-based patient sample, and to establish whether treatment was according to the Scandinavian Sarcoma Group (..
- Primary pulmonary liposarcoma--a case reportA Achir
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Ibn Sina Hospital, Rabat, Morocco
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 57:119-20. 2009b>Liposarcoma of the lung is an extremely rare disease with less than 10 cases reported to date. A case of a locally advanced, pulmonary mixed liposarcoma in a 49-year-old male is presented here...
- Imaging features of primary pulmonary liposarcomaMourad Said
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Universitary Hospital of Monastir, Tunisia
Australas Radiol 47:313-7. 2003Primary liposarcoma of the lung is extremely rare. We report a 28-year-old pregnant woman who complained of dyspnoea during the third trimester...
- Well-differentiated liposarcoma of the tongueF D Nunes
Disciplina de Patologia Bucal, Faculdade de Odontologia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av Prof Lineu Prestes, 2227, Butanta, CEP 05508 900, Brazil
Oral Oncol 38:117-9. 2002..We present a well-differentiated liposarcoma of the tongue, in a 65-year-old man...
- Liposarcoma subtypes: identification with computed tomography and ultrasound-guided percutaneous needle biopsyPaul Nikolaidis
Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Eur Radiol 15:383-9. 2005..the feasibility of image-guided percutaneous needle biopsy to enable specific subtype classification of liposarcoma in patients with previously diagnosed disease and compare the yield of fine and large needle techniques for ..
- Divergent differentiation in malignant soft tissue neoplasms: the paradigm of liposarcoma and malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumorPeter Pytel
Department of Pathology, University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Int J Surg Pathol 13:19-28. 2005..Among sarcomas, malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor (MPNST) and dedifferentiated liposarcoma are two entities in which divergent differentiation is a relatively frequent event...
- Li-Fraumeni syndrome: a case with 4 separate primary sarcomas and 5 sequential free flaps in the maxillofacial regionHakan Agir
Wellington Regional Plastic, Maxillofacial and Burns Unit, Hutt Hospital, Wellington, New Zealand
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 66:1714-9. 2008
- Lipoma or liposarcoma? A cautionary case reportA P Jones
Department of Plastic Surgery, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Queen Victoria Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 4LP, UK
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 65:e11-4. 2012..We describe a case in which a lipoma-like liposarcoma was identified following excision of what was expected, on clinical and radiological grounds, to be a lipoma...
- Management of spermatic cord liposarcoma in renal transplant recipients: case reportT M Manzia
UOC Trapianti d Organo, Sant Eugenio Hospital, University Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Transplant Proc 42:1355-7. 2010Herein, we report the case of a 52-year-old man with a spermatic cord liposarcoma that developed 4 years after renal transplantation. The patient was admitted with a diagnosis of inguinal hernia...
- Renal liposarcomaDiogo A L Bader
West Parana State University, UNIOESTE, Cascavel, Parana, Brazil
Int Braz J Urol 30:214-5. 2004b>Liposarcoma is a malignant mesenchymal tumor frequently located in retroperitoneum, and rarely presenting an isolated lesion in kidney.
- ADIPOCYTE GROWTH AND PATHOGENESIS OF LIPOSARCOMADavid Ron; Fiscal Year: 2001..It is hypothesized that transformation in liposarcoma proceeds by two parallel pathways: (1) The CHOP component of the oncoprotein directs it to one set of target ..
- Cellular and Animal Models of FUS Mutations in ALSEric J Huang; Fiscal Year: 2013..The FUS/TLS locus on human chromosome 16 is originally identified to encode an oncogene implicated in malignant liposarcoma and myeloid leukemia...
- Role of FUS in ALSHaining Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2013..familial ALS, including two genes encoding RNA processing proteins TDP-43 and fused in sarcoma/translocated in liposarcoma (FUS/TLS). FUS is a ubiquitously expressed multi-domain RNA-binding protein...
- Effect of ALS-causing Mutations on Binding of TDP43 and FUS to RNA in iMNsHELAINA JESSICA SKOP; Fiscal Year: 2013..Mutations in two RNA binding proteins, TAR DNA binding protein 43 (TDP43) and Fused in sarcoma/translocated in liposarcoma (FUS/TLS or FUS), cause some forms of familial ALS...
- Investigating a Toxic Gain-of-Interaction Between FUS/TLS &Stress GranulesDARYL ANGELA BOSCO; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Mutations in the gene encoding Fused in Sarcoma/Translocated in Liposarcoma (FUS/TLS or FUS) were recently linked to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). ALS is the most common motor neuron disorder...
- SOFT TISSUE SARCOMA PROGRAM PROJECTSamuel Singer; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Project 1, a new initiative in liposarcoma biology, we will use an integrated gene expression and NMR biochemical analysis to improve diagnosis and ..
- Mechanisms of alternative splicing of pre-mRNAJames L Manley; Fiscal Year: 2013..Lastly, the function of the Translocated in Liposarcoma (TLS) protein in coupling transcription-splicing will be investigated...
- ACQUISITION OF A SOLiD 3 SEQUENCERAGNES contact VIALE; Fiscal Year: 2010..Samuel Singer, who is taking an integrative approach to characterize liposarcoma subtypes molecularly and biochemically...
- Developing New Strategies for Targeting mTOR and IGF-1R/PI3K/Akt Pathways in SarcGary K Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2012..dependent and -independent sarcoma cells;and 3) study the impact of PIK3CA mutations upon myxoid-round cell liposarcoma biology and the susceptibility of these tumors to mTOR targeting...
- THYROID/RETINOIC ACID RECEPTOR INTERACTING PROTEINSMukul Mathur; Fiscal Year: 2004..binding protein TLS, that was originally identified as part of a fusion protein associated with human myxoid liposarcoma. The 105 kDa protein is a splicing factor known as PSF (PTB associated splicing factor)...
- MECHANISMS GENERATING TEMPORAL EMBRYONIC GENE EXPRESSIONGeoffrey Childs; Fiscal Year: 1999..EWS and TLS, of unknown function except they are involved in chromosomal translocations in Ewings Sarcoma and Liposarcoma respectively...
- Mechanisms of mutagenisis in 'hot spots' causing cancerBarbara Wright; Fiscal Year: 2002..instability in colon cancer, and T-G repeats and an ATGGTC hexamer are involved in breaks of hybrid genes in liposarcoma and leukemia...
- REGULATED TOXIN GENE THERAPY FOR RHABDOMYOSARCOMATIMOTHY CRIPE; Fiscal Year: 2001..This strategy will serve as a paradigm for genetic therapy of other tumors such as Ewing~s sarcoma, liposarcoma, and some forms of leukemia which express analogous chimeric transcription factors.
- TLS and TLS Fusion Proteins in LeukemiaLiu Yang; Fiscal Year: 2005..chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) in blast crisis, and myelodysplastic syndromes, the TLS (translocation liposarcoma) gene is fused to the ERG (ets-related gene) gene through a recurrent t(16;21) translocation...
- Transcriptional coactivators and arginine methylationJennifer Butler; Fiscal Year: 2004..Two proteins, an RNA shuttling protein called TLS (translocated in liposarcoma) and PRMT2 (protein arginine methyltransferase 2), were identified as novel CBP-interacting proteins...
- METABOLISM IN NORMAL AND OSTEOARTHRITIC CARTILAGEHenry Mankin; Fiscal Year: 2001..It is further speculated that the study of serine proteinases produced by OA cartilage may have strong implications for the management of this debilitating disease. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Sensory NeurogenesisEric Huang; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Conference on Roles of TGF-Beta in Disease PathogenesisMichael Sporn; Fiscal Year: 2005..The hope is that this meeting will both enhance our insights into pathogenetic mechanisms of action of TGF-Beta in disease and provide novel therapeutic approaches for clinical treatment of disease. ..
- Signaling pathways of HIPK2 in neuronal apoptosisEric Huang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Discoveries from this project will contribute to future design of HIPK2 inhibitors that can promote neuronal survival in injury and degenerative conditions. ..
- Chemoprevention of Estrogen Receptor Negative Breast CancerMichael Sporn; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies on apoptosis will be supplemented by measuring effects of chemopreventive agents on Myc gene expression. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Botannical Extract Library Screeninig with Human ADAS CellsJeffrey Gimble; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- USE OF ADIPOSE-DERIVED PREADIPOCYTES IN BONE DISOREDERSJeffrey Gimble; Fiscal Year: 2002..This has commercial application to orthopedic and periodontal surgical treatments of joint replacement, fracture repair, and bone resorption secondary to tooth decay...
- Spinal Fusion Using Adipose Derived Adult Stem CellsJeffrey Gimble; Fiscal Year: 2005..The availability of "off the shelf ADAS cells for clinical orthopedic procedures will have a significant commercial and therapeutic impact. ..
- Fish Oil Modulation of Tumor InflammationNOCIF ESPAT; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- CIRCADIAN MECHANISMS REGULATING OSTEOGENESISJeffrey Gimble; Fiscal Year: 2005..Findings from this innovative proposal have clinical implications regarding the optimal timing for daily medication regimens in bone diseases and for elective orthopedic and orthodontic procedures. ..