Genomes and Genes
Summary: A benign tumor composed of fat cells.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications321 found, 100 shown here
- Differential gene expression in liposarcoma, lipoma, and adipose tissueKeith M Skubitz
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School, Masonic Cancer Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Cancer Invest 23:105-18. 2005..Such differences in gene expression may help differentiate among subtypes of sarcomas, and may also yield clues to the pathophysiology of this heterogeneous group of tumors...
- Immunoreactivity for the human hematopoietic progenitor cell antigen (CD34) in lipomatous tumorsS Suster
Department of Pathology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, Miami Beach, FL 33140, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 21:195-200. 1997..14 lipomas, 19 angiolipomas, 4 atypical lipomas, 18 spindle cell lipomas, 3 renal angiomyolipomas, 1 intramuscular lipoma, and 31 liposarcomas...
- C11orf95-MKL2 is the resulting fusion oncogene of t(11;16)(q13;p13) in chondroid lipomaDali Huang
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 3135, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 49:810-8. 2010Chondroid lipoma, a rare benign adipose tissue tumor, may histologically resemble myxoid liposarcoma or extraskeletal myxoid chondrosarcoma, but is genetically distinct...
- HMGA2 is the partner of MDM2 in well-differentiated and dedifferentiated liposarcomas whereas CDK4 belongs to a distinct inconsistent ampliconAntoine Italiano
Laboratory of Solid Tumors Genetics, Nice University Hospital, and CNRS, UMR 6543, Faculty of Medicine, Nice, France
Int J Cancer 122:2233-41. 2008..We also found a frequent amplification and overexpression of YEATS4, an oncogene that inactivates P53, suggesting that YEATS4 might play an important role together with MDM2 in WDLPS/DDLPS oncogenesis...
- Oral lipoma: analysis of 58 new cases and review of the literatureEsther Manor
Institute of Human Genetics, Soroka University Medical Center, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Ann Diagn Pathol 15:257-61. 2011..Here, we present 58 new cases of oral lipoma (OL), their clinical features, diagnostic workup, and management. The records of 58 patients with OL were reviewed...
- Intradermal spindle cell/pleomorphic lipoma of the vulva: case report and review of the literatureJorge S Reis-Filho
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology IPATIMUP, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
J Cutan Pathol 29:59-62. 2002Spindle cell/pleomorphic lipoma (SC/PL) is a benign adipose tissue tumor that usually affects the subcutaneous tissues of shoulders, backs, and neck region of middle-aged male patients...
- Spindle cell lipoma of the oral cavity. Report of a rare intramuscular case with fine needle aspiration findingsS N Agoff
Department of Cytopathology and Pathology, Harborview Medical Center and University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
Acta Cytol 45:93-8. 2001Spindle cell lipoma (SCL) is a benign neoplasm characterized by a mixture of mature fat, bland spindle cells and wiry collagen in a variably myxoid background...
- The expression of MDM2/CDK4 gene product in the differential diagnosis of well differentiated liposarcoma and large deep-seated lipomaS Pilotti
Department of Pathology and Cytopathology, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milano, Italy
Br J Cancer 82:1271-5. 2000..the exploration of the possibility that immunocytochemistry (ICC) might assist in the differential diagnosis of lipoma-like well differentiated liposarcomas (LL-WDL) and large deep-seated lipomas (LDSL)...
- Successful extirpation of thoracic pleural lipoma by single-port thoracoscopic surgerySoichi Oka
Second Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyushu, Japan
Asian J Surg 34:140-2. 2011..The resected tumor was a pedunculated pleural mass, yellowish in color, and pathological diagnosis confirmed a lipoma. We describe the first known successful treatment by single-port VATS.
- Spindle cell/pleomorphic lipoma of the oral cavityGiada Vecchio
Department G F Ingrassia, Section of Anatomic Pathology, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
J Craniofac Surg 20:1992-4. 2009..morphological features between spindle cell and pleomorphic lipomas, for which the term spindle cell/pleomorphic lipoma is proposed...
- Spindle cell lipoma: a case report and review of literatureP Chandrashekhar
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, Yenepoya Dental College, Yenepoya University, Deralakatte, Mangalore, India
Kathmandu Univ Med J (KUMJ) 10:92-5. 2012Oral spindle cell lipoma is a rare lesion and until now only 26 cases have been reported in English literature...
- Pleomorphic lipoma lacking mature fat component in extensive myxoid stroma: a great diagnostic challengeXu Yong Lin
Department of Pathology, First Affiliated Hospital and College of Basic Medical Sciences, China Medical University, Shenyang, 110001, China
Diagn Pathol 7:155. 2012Pleomorphic lipoma is a relatively uncommon entity, and is considered as a variant of spindle cell lipoma...
- Pleomorphic lipoma of the tongueEsin Atik
Department of Pathology, Inonu University Medical School, Turkey
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 126:430-1. 2002
- A rare case of dysphagia and palpitation caused by the compression exerted by an enormous mediastinal lipomaC H Chen
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei City, Taiwan
Rev Port Pneumol 18:149-52. 2012..Subsequent CT scan showed a large posterior mediastinal lipoma extending from the level of the aortic arch to the thoracoabdominal junction...
- Expression of reciprocal fusion transcripts of the HMGIC and LPP genes in parosteal lipomaM M Petit
Laboratory for Molecular Oncology, University of Leuven, Belgium
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 106:18-23. 1998..In this study, cytogenetic and molecular analyses revealed similar findings in a parosteal lipoma. Specifically, a t(3;12)(q28;q14) was detected cytogenetically in a parosteal lipoma from a 51-year-old female and ..
- Ultrasonographic appearance of lipoma in the oral and maxillofacial regionLai ping Zhong
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Second Affiliated Hospital, China
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 98:738-40. 2004To summarize the clinical situation, ultrasonographic appearance, diagnosis, and treatment experience of lipoma in the oral and maxillofacial region.
- Spindle-cell lipoma of the cheek: a case reportA Piattelli
Dental School, University of Chieti, Chieti, Italy
Oral Oncol 36:495-6. 2000Spindle-cell lipoma (SCL) is a distinct histological variant of lipoma. Clinically, it appears as a solitary, subcutaneous, circumscribed lesion. SCL accounts for about 1.5% of all adipocytic tumours...
- Desmin expression in spindle cell lipomas: a potential diagnostic pitfallJuan C Tardio
Servicio de Anatomia Patologica, Hospital de Fuenlabrada, Camino del Molino 2, 28942 Fuenlabrada Madrid, Spain
Virchows Arch 445:354-8. 2004....
- Jejunojejunal intussusception secondary to a jejunal lipoma in an adultTsung Hsien Chiang
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:924-6. 2006
- Pleomorphic lipoma of the tonsillar fossa--a case reportNidhi Singh
Department of Pathology, Moti Lal Nehru Medical College, Allahabad
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 46:476-7. 2003Pleomorphic lipoma is a benign adipocytic tumor, commonly located in the shoulder and posterior neck region...
- Lipoma excisionGohar A Salam
Michigan State University, East Lansing, USA
Am Fam Physician 65:901-4. 2002..Lipomas must be distinguished from liposarcoma, which can have a similar appearance...
- Low-fat and fat-free pleomorphic lipomas: a diagnostic challengeMandi P Sachdeva
Department of Dermatology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 31:423-6. 2009..When fat is absent or present in reduced amounts, clinical context and identification of classic nonlipogenic components are essential for the diagnosis of pleomorphic lipomas...
- Lipoma case reportJohn Robinson Saltzman
Brigham Endoscopy Center, Division of Gastroenterology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
MedGenMed 7:16. 2005
- Intraosseous lipoma. A clinical, radiologic, and pathologic study of 5 casesEduardo Eyzaguirre
Division of Surgical Pathology, Department of Pathology, The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Galveston, TX 77555 0588, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 11:320-5. 2007Intraosseous lipoma is an uncommon tumor of bone with indistinct radiologic features that makes it diagnostically challenging to radiologists and pathologists...
- Conditional loss of PTEN leads to skeletal abnormalities and lipoma formationShu Chen Hsieh
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine, Center for Tissue Regeneration and Repair, University of California Davis, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Mol Carcinog 48:545-52. 2009..Further analyses have suggested that the phenotypes of PTEN mutant likely attribute to PTEN's negatively regulating role in PI3K/Akt pathway...
- Giant lipoma of the adrenal glandKonstantinos N Milathianakis
Department of Urology, Metaxa Cancer Hospital, Piraeus, Greece
J Urol 167:1777. 2002
- Synovial and tenosynovial lipoma arborescens of the ankle in an adult: a case reportS A Babar
Imaging Department, Hammersmith Hospital Trust, DuCane Road, London W12 0HS, UK
Skeletal Radiol 37:75-7. 2008b>Lipoma arborescens is a rare benign fat-containing synovial proliferative lesion that is typically known to affect the knee joint in adults...
- Cytogenetic and cytologic features of chondroid lipoma of soft tissueT A Thomson
Department of Laboratory Medicine, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver Clinic, Canada
Mod Pathol 12:88-91. 1999The cytologic and cytogenetic findings of chondroid lipoma, a rare benign tumor of soft tissue, have not been described...
- Chondroid lipoma is characterized by t(11;16)(q13;p12-13)Florence Ballaux
Virchows Arch 444:208-10. 2004
- Intraosseous lipoma: report of 35 new cases and a review of the literatureR S D Campbell
Department of Radiology, The James Cook University Hospital, Marton Road, Middlesbrough, TS4 3BW, UK
Skeletal Radiol 32:209-22. 2003..To identify the common imaging features of intraosseous lipomas on radiographs, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and computed tomography (CT), and review their histological features...
- Giant submucosal sigmoid colon lipomaAnil M Bahadursingh
Department of Surgery, Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Saint Louis University Health Sciences Center, 3635 Vista at Grand, P O Box 15250, St Louis, Mo 63110 0250, USA
Am J Surg 186:81-2. 2003
- The dramatic presentation of colonic lipomata: report of two cases and review of the literatureJ M Franc-Law
Department of Pathology, The Sir Mortimer B. Davis-Jewish General Hospital and McGill University Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am Surg 67:491-4. 2001Colonic lipoma with a dramatic presentation requiring urgent operation is a rare occurrence. We report two such cases in conjunction with a review of the literature on colonic lipomata...
- Oral spindle cell lipomaN Said-Al-Naief
Department of Pathology, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, AL 35294-0007, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 5:207-15. 2001b>Lipoma is an uncommon benign, oral, soft-tissue neoplasm commonly found on the buccal mucosa...
- Lipoma of the oral and maxillofacial region: Site and subclassification of 125 casesMary A Furlong
Department of Pathology, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 98:441-50. 2004Lipomas and lipoma variants are common soft tissue tumors, but occur infrequently in the oral and maxillofacial region. In this study, we reviewed 125 lipomas in specific oral and maxillofacial locations...
- Isolation and identification of mesenchymal stem cells from human lipoma tissueTsai Ming Lin
Graduate Institute of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Taiwan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 361:883-9. 2007b>Lipoma is a benign neoplasm of normal fat cells that appears as a soft, movable swelling, often with a slight yellowish coloration...
- Giant submucosal lipoma located in the descending colon: a case report and review of the literatureLi Jiang
The First Department of General Surgery, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, Sichuan Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 13:5664-7. 2007Colonic lipoma is an uncommon tumor of the gastrointestinal tract. Most cases are asymptomatic, with a small tumor size, and do not need any special treatment...
- Imaging of fatty tumors: distinction of lipoma and well-differentiated liposarcomaMark J Kransdorf
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, 4500 San Pablo Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32224 3899, USA
Radiology 224:99-104. 2002To review the reliability of computed tomographic (CT) and magnetic resonance (MR) imaging features in distinguishing lipoma and well-differentiated liposarcoma.
- Endobronchial lipoma: review of 64 cases reported in JapanMasashi Muraoka
First Department of Surgery, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan
Chest 123:293-6. 2003Several recent studies discuss bronchoscopic techniques for treating endobronchial lipoma, an extremely rare benign tumor.
- Updates on the cytogenetics and molecular genetics of bone and soft tissue tumors: lipomaAvery A Sandberg
Department of DNA Diagnostics, St Joseph s Hospital and Medical Center, 350 West Thomas Road, Phoenix, AZ 85013, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 150:93-115. 2004
- Jejunal intussusception of a gastric lipoma: a review of literatureC M Mouës
Department of Surgery, Spaarne Hospital, Haarlem, The Netherlands
Dig Surg 19:418-20. 2002..An extremely rare case of gastrojejunal intussusception caused by a giant gastric lipoma is described in this article. The patient presented with anemia and weight loss...
- The value of MDM2 and CDK4 amplification levels using real-time polymerase chain reaction for the differential diagnosis of liposarcomas and their histologic mimickersShio Shimada
Department of Pathology, Saitama Medical University School of Medicine, Saitama 350 0495, Japan
Hum Pathol 37:1123-9. 2006..An analysis of MDM2 and CDK4 amplification using real-time PCR, as well as FISH, is useful for the differential diagnosis of liposarcomas and their histologic mimickers...
- Cutaneous lipoma in children: 5 cases with Bannayan-Riley-Ruvalcaba syndromePhilippe Buisson
Pediatric Surgery Department, Hopital Mere Enfant, F44093 Nantes, France
J Pediatr Surg 41:1601-3. 2006Cutaneous lipoma is rare in children, but it can be part of a syndrome such as the Bannayan-Riley-Ruvalcaba syndrome (BRRS)...
- Lipomatous lesions of the head and neck region: imaging findings in comparison with histological typeS Cappabianca
DU di Internistica Clinica e Sperimentale Magrassi Lanzara, Sez Diagnostica per Immagini, Seconda Universita degli Studi di Napoli, Napoli, Italy
Radiol Med 113:758-70. 2008..Aim of the study is to demonstrate the main role of magnetic resonance imaging in the identification and characterization of lipomatous lesions of the head and neck...
- Pleomorphic lipoma of the oral cavity. Report of a caseV Perrotti
Dental School, University of Chieti Pescara, Italy
Minerva Stomatol 55:321-5. 2006Pleomorphic lipoma (PL) is a rare benign tumor mainly located in the upper back, upper shoulders, and back of the neck in elderly men. More rarely it is located in the head and neck region and in the oral cavity...
- Lipoma of the parietal peritoneum: an unusual cause of abdominal painIbrahim Barut
Suleyman Demirel University, School of Medicine, Department of General Surgery, Ankara, Turkey
Ann Saudi Med 26:388-90. 2006
- Pleomorphic lipoma of the orbit: a case series and review of literatureClaire S Daniel
Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Ophthalmology 110:101-5. 2003..Pleomorphic lipomas are rare benign tumors that can resemble a variety of malignant soft tissue tumors on histologic examination. Six cases of patients with orbital pleomorphic lipoma, one of which was proven to be bilateral, are presented.
- Intraosseous lipoma of the left frontoethmoidal sinuses and nasal cavityW M A Abdalla
The Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 28:615-7. 2007..benign tumors that may appear as congenital lesions or may be acquired (metaplasia from a pre-existing lipoma). Only a handful of head and neck cases have been reported in the literature...
- Subcutaneous forehead nodules: attention to the button osteoma and frontalis-associated lipomaLindsay D Sewell
Department of Dermatology, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, Pennsylvania 17822, USA
Dermatol Surg 34:791-8. 2008
- Lipoma of the diaphragm: a rare presentationSerdar Sen
Department of General Thoracic Surgery, Adnan Menderes University, Faculty of Medicine, Aydin, Turkey
Ann Thorac Surg 83:2203-5. 2007b>Lipoma of the diaphragm is an extremely rare entity. A 67-year-old asymptomatic man who had a tumor located in the posterior region of the left hemi-diaphragm is presented. The tumor was removed through a left mini-thoracotomy...
- Laparoscopic enucleation of a duodenal lipoma, with review of the literatureSaleh N Abu Daff
Department of Surgery, Riyadh Military Hospital, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 29:455-7. 2008We present a case of duodenal lipoma in a 53-year-old lady causing symptoms of vomiting and abdominal discomfort, treated by laparoscopic enucleation...
- Giant colonic lipoma presenting as intermittent obstructionShree J Krishnan
Department of Internal Medicine, St Joseph Mercy Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 4:xxv. 2006
- Laparoscopy-assisted resection of ileoileal intussusception caused by intestinal lipomaMong Wei Lin
Department of Surgery, National Taiwan University Hospital and National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 17:789-92. 2007..In this paper, we describe a case of ileoileal intussusception caused by an intestinal lipoma that was diagnosed preoperatively by computed tomography scans and was treated successfully by laparoscopy-..
- Intrathoracic lipomas: their clinicopathological behaviors are not as straightforward as expectedHiroyuki Sakurai
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Saiseikai Central Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 86:261-5. 2008..Intrathoracic lipomas are a type of deep-seated lipoma, unlike subcutaneous lipomas...
- Atypical lipomatous tumor of the lip with pleomorphic lipoma-like myxoid area, clinically simulating mucoceleHideo Hattori
Department of Pathology, Kariya General Hospital, Aichi, Japan
J Oral Pathol Med 31:561-4. 2002..Atypical lipomatous tumor may be indistinguishable from pleomorphic lipoma and its distinction from the latter is based on location as well as relative abundance of floret-type giant cells ..
- Axillary giant lipomaEray Copcu
Plast Reconstr Surg 114:1982-3. 2004
- Sialolipoma: a report of seven cases of a new variant of salivary gland lipomaT Nagao
Department of Surgical Pathology, Teikyo University, School of Medicine, Ichihara Hospital, Ichihara, Japan
Histopathology 38:30-6. 2001..We propose the designation 'sialolipoma' to establish and characterize a new category of benign lipomatous tumour occurring in salivary glands. Until now, these tumours have not been regarded as a distinct entity in the salivary glands...
- Intraosseous lipoma of the body of the sphenoid boneMartin R MacFarlane
Department of Neurosurgery, Christchurch, New Zealand
J Clin Neurosci 12:105-8. 2005A case of intraosseous lipoma arising from the body of the sphenoid bone with intrasellar and suprasellar components is reported...
- Distinction of well-differentiated liposarcoma from lipoma in two patients with multiple well-differentiated fatty massesY J Yang
Department of Pathology, Upstate Medical University, State University of New York, 750 East Adams Street, Syracuse, New York, NY 13210, USA
Skeletal Radiol 30:584-9. 2001..and addresses the usefulness of this imaging technique in distinguishing well-differentiated liposarcoma from lipoma. Gadolinium-enhanced MRI revealed significantly enhanced signal in well-differentiated liposarcoma in a background ..
- Lipoma of the breast: a diagnostic dilemmaC Lanng
Breast Surgery Clinic, Horsholm Hospital, Usserod Kongevej 102, Horsholm 2970, Denmark
Breast 13:408-11. 2004b>Lipoma of the breast often causes diagnostic and therapeutic uncertainty. Clinically it may be difficult to distinguish a lipoma from other conditions. Fine-needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) is often not helpful...
- Intramuscular dendritic fibromyxolipoma: myxoid variant of spindle cell lipoma?Rooshdiya Z Karim
Department of Anatomical Pathology, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Pathol Int 53:252-8. 2003..benign soft tissue lesion that shares many clinical and pathological features with myxoid variants of spindle cell lipoma (SCL)...
- Vulvar lipoma: is it so rare?A T Odoi
School of Medical Sciences, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, Ghana
Ghana Med J 45:125-7. 2011Vulvar lipoma is said to be so rare that only a few cases have been reported...
- Pleural lipoma: a non-surgical lesion?Christophe Jayle
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Poitiers Hospital, University of Poitiers, Poitiers, France
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 14:735-8. 2012..As complications occur, a wait-and-see policy is common. We report our pleural lipoma surgical exeresis experience since 1999...
- Overexpression of Akt1 enhances adipogenesis and leads to lipoma formation in zebrafishChe Yu Chu
Department of Bioscience Technology, Chung Yuan Christian University, Chung Li, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 7:e36474. 2012..The specific aim of this study was to create a zebrafish obesity model by over expressing the insulin signaling hub of the Akt1 gene...
- Double jejunal intussusception in an adult with chronic subileus due to a giant lipoma: a case reportFabio Marino
Department of Emergency and Organ Transplantation, General Surgery and Liver Transplantation Units, University of Bari, Bari
Chir Ital 57:239-42. 2005..Only at surgery was it possible to identify a double intussusception due to a giant stalked polyp which the histological examination revealed to be a submucosal lipoma.
- Atypical lipoma of the tongueP L Moore
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Warwick Hospital, Warwick, UK
J Laryngol Otol 115:859-61. 2001We report an atypical lipoma arising in the tongue of a 43-year-old man who presented with an indolent dorsal lingual swelling. Atypical lipomas contain multivacoulated lipoblasts, which distinguishes them from benign lipomas...
- Large vulvar lipoma in an adolescent: a case reportJung Hoon Lee
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Kosin University College of Medicine, Seo Gu, Busan, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 23:744-6. 2008..However, conventional lipomas have been reported only rarely as presenting in the vulva. We present a case of vulvar lipoma in a 17-yr-old woman, possibly caused by chronic intermittent irritation.
- Quadrigeminal cistern lipomaSelcuk Yilmazlar
Department of Neurosurgery, School of Medicine, Uludag University, Bursa, Turkey
J Clin Neurosci 12:596-9. 2005..Computerized tomography and magnetic resonance imaging demonstrated a quadrigeminal cistern lipoma compressing the aqueduct of Sylvius...
- Ileocolocolic intussusception secondary to a submucosal lipoma: an unusual cause of intermittent abdominal pain in a 62-year-old womanSiarhei Kuzmich
Department of Radiology, Eastbourne District General Hospital, Kings Drive, Eastbourne, East Sussex, UK
J Clin Ultrasound 38:48-51. 2010We present a case of subacute nonobstructing ileocolocolic intussusception secondary to a submucosal lipoma and a mobile cecum diagnosed sonographically in a 62-year-old woman...
- Intraosseous lipoma of the mandible: a case report and review of the literatureS Cakarer
Istanbul University, Faculty of Dentistry, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Istanbul, Turkey
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 38:900-2. 2009Intraosseous lipoma is a benign tumor of the bone. It is mostly seen in the metaphyses of the long bones and calcaneus. There are few documented cases of intraosseous lipomas in the jaw...
- Laparoscopic resection of a small bowel lipoma with incidental intussusceptionLayla C Lucas
The University of Arizona, Department of Surgery, Tucson, Arizona, USA
JSLS 14:615-8. 2010..Even with exhaustive diagnostic testing, small bowel tumors are often not diagnosed preoperatively. Because 60% to 70% of small bowel tumors are malignant, surgical excision is always recommended...
- Lipoma or liposarcoma? A cautionary case reportA P Jones
Department of Plastic Surgery, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Queen Victoria Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 4LP, UK
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 65:e11-4. 2012..We describe a case in which a lipoma-like liposarcoma was identified following excision of what was expected, on clinical and radiological grounds, to ..
- A novel t(8;13)(q21;q22) translocation in a pediatric lipomaJinglan Jin
Department of Hepatology, The First Hospital of Jilin University, Changchun, Jilin, PR China
Cancer Genet 204:629-33. 2011..Here, we report a pediatric lipoma case without rearrangement of 12q13-q15 but with an apparently balanced translocation involving chromosomes 8 and ..
- Carpal canal lipoma causing lameness in a dogD Szabo
Southern Counties Veterinary Specialists, 6 Forest Corner Farm, Hangersley, Ringwood, Hampshire BH24 3JW, United Kingdom
Vet Comp Orthop Traumatol 24:299-302. 2011..This report describes the case of a dog exhibiting lameness secondary to a lipoma within the carpal canal. Lameness improved after surgical removal of the mass...
- Giant submucosal lipoma cause colo-colonic intussusception. A case report and review of literatureEmanuele Grasso
Department of General Surgery and Traumatology, Locarno Reginal Hospital, Switzerland
Ann Ital Chir 83:559-62. 2012b>Lipoma of the large intestine is rare, with a reported incidence ranging between 0.2% and 4.4%. We present a case of a giant colonic lipoma causing descending-colonic intussusception.
- Giant lipoma of the thigh in a patient with morbid obesityGeorge C Zografos
Plast Reconstr Surg 109:1467-8. 2002
- Video-assisted thoracoscopic resection of a giant anterior mediastinal tumor (lipoma) using an original sternum-lifting techniqueSadanori Takeo
Department of Thoracic Surgery, National Kyushu Medical Center, Fukuoka, Japan
Jpn J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 53:565-8. 2005We report here the complete thoracoscopic resection of a giant lipoma (18x15x5 cm, 560 g) in a 33-year-old man using an original sternum-lifting technique...
- Giant cervical lipoma invading carotid artery: a case reportAlper Tunga Derin
Department of Otolaryngology, Medicine Faculty of Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg 19:28-31. 2009..In this manuscript we report a case of cervical giant lipoma surrounding and infiltrating the common carotid artery which was treated by grafting carotid artery, and our ..
- Colonic lipoma with intussusceptionChin Chen Chang
Department of Medical Imaging, National Taiwan University Hospital, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Mayo Clin Proc 82:10. 2007
- Cauda equina compression after trauma: an unusual presentation of spinal epidural lipomaConstantin Schizas
Whittington Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 28:E148-51. 2003..A case report is presented...
- Surgical experience of 120 patients with lumbosacral lipomasH Arai
Department of Neurosurgery, Juntendo University, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 143:857-64. 2001..Although all 120 patients underwent untethering of the spinal cord, the nerve roots passing through the lipoma itself and the neural tissues protruding externally to the spinal canal, respectively, tended to prevent ..
- [A case of lipoma of the stomach prolapsing into the duodenal bulb and causing a duodenal ulcer]Tateki Yamane
Nihon Shokakibyo Gakkai Zasshi 106:1643-9. 2009We report a case of lipoma in the antrum of the stomach which prolapsed into the duodenal bulb and caused a duodenal ulcer, which was speculated to have been induced by the friction of its tip against the duodenal mucosa...
- Giant infiltrating lipoma of the face: CT and MR imaging findingsCappabianca Salvatore
Seconda Universita degli Studi di Napoli, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Istituto di Chirurgia Orale e Maxillo Facciale, Viale Farnese 36, 80131 Naples, Italy
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 24:283-6. 2003Infiltrating lipoma is an uncommon mesenchymal neoplasm that characteristically infiltrates adjacent tissues and tends to recur after excision. This type of lipoma is extremely rare in the head and neck region...
- Lipoma of the cerebellopontine angleJacob R Brodsky
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA
Am J Otolaryngol 27:271-4. 2006..Surgical histopathology demonstrated mature adipocytes, consistent with lipoma. Two years after surgery, the patient remains free of facial nerve symptoms...
- Intraosseous lipoma in the periapical region of a maxillary third molarAndré Luiz Gomide Morais
School of Dentistry, Federal University of Goias, Goiania, Goias, Brazil
J Endod 37:554-7. 2011..Lesions mimicking apical periodontitis must be considered when making a differential diagnosis. Intraosseous lipoma is a rare benign tumor of low incidence among all bone tumors, and therefore few cases have been reported in the ..
- Fatty lesions of the atria and interatrial septumKristopher S Cunningham
Department of Pathology, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2C4
Hum Pathol 37:1245-51. 2006..We describe the pathology of the most common fatty lesions and underscore some of the radiographic and surgical issues pertaining to the diagnosis and management of these masses...
- Lipoma treatment with a subdermal Nd:YAG laser techniqueAlberto Goldman
Clinica Goldman of Plastic Surgery, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Int J Dermatol 48:1228-32. 2009b>Lipoma is the most common benign mesenchymal tumor composed of mature fat cells. The standard treatment for lipoma is excision. Many treatments have been described in order to minimize the scars produced by surgical excision...
- Mandibular intraosseous lipoma: clinical features of a condylar locationL M Gonzalez-Perez
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Virgen del Rocio University Hospital, Seville, Spain
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 39:617-20. 2010..As far as the authors know, there have been no documented cases of intraosseous lipoma involving the temporomandibular joint...
- An intraosseous lipoma in the frontal bone--a case reportG Nahles
Clinic for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Clinical Navigation and Robotics, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 33:408-10. 2004A rare case of a recurrent intraosseous lipoma affecting the frontoparietal skull is reported. The diagnostic difficulties, histopathologic features and surgical therapy are presented.
- Osseous lipoma: eleven new cases and review of the literatureAhmet Kapukaya
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Dicle, Diyarbakir Turkey
Acta Orthop Belg 72:603-14. 2006This study describes the clinical features, radiological appearance, and treatment of 11 new cases of osseous lipoma and reviews 301 other cases in the literature...
- Cutaneous CD34+ spindle cell neoplasms: Histopathologic features distinguish spindle cell lipoma, solitary fibrous tumor, and dermatofibrosarcoma protuberansLance Wood
Department of Dermatology, The Penn State Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 32:764-8. 2010Spindle cell lipoma (SCL), dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans (DFSP), and solitary fibrous tumors (SFT) are cutaneous CD34+ spindle cell tumors that may exhibit histopathologic and immunophenotypic overlap...
- Peeling a giant ileal lipoma with endoscopic unroofing and submucosal dissectionTakashi Morimoto
Department of Gastroenterology, Juntendo University Nerima Hospital, Tokyo 177 8521, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 16:1676-9. 2010b>Lipoma is relatively common in the colon but is less often in the small intestine. Most lipomas are incidentally detected at endoscopy and are usually small and asymptomatic...
- Intraosseous lipoma: retrospective analysis of 29 patientsRoman Radl
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Medical School, University of Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 5, 8036 Graz, Austria
Int Orthop 28:374-8. 2004We reviewed 29 patients with intraosseous lipoma treated between 1985 and 2002. Mean patient age was 48 (20-75) years. According to Milgram's classification, ten cases were classified as stage I, 14 as stage II, and three as stage III...
- Lipoma of the pancreas: MRI findingsM Secil
Dokuz Eylul University Hospital, Department of Radiology, Izmir, Turkey
Comput Med Imaging Graph 25:507-9. 2001..Focal fatty infiltration of the pancreas is an entity that should be differentiated from a pancreatic lipoma. In this report the MRI findings of an incidentally found pancreatic lipoma are presented and the role of MRI in ..
- Adult intussusception caused by an intestinal lipoma: report of a caseIchiro Akagi
Surgery for Organ Function and Biological Regulation, Graduate School of Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Sendagi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Nippon Med Sch 75:166-70. 2008..The resected specimen contained a round tumor measuring 27 x 27 x 40 mm which was diagnosed histopathologically as an intestinal lipoma. This case highlights the uncommon causation of adult intussusception by an intestinal lipoma.
- Intraosseous lipoma: a clinical study of 12 patientsTakahiro Goto
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
J Orthop Sci 7:274-80. 2002We studied 12 patients (13 bones) with intraosseous lipoma to elucidate the clinical features of this disease. The patients ranged in age from 14 to 54 years. Eleven patients were men and 1 was a woman...
- Distinct cytologic features of spindle cell lipoma. A cytologic-histologic study with clinical, radiologic, electron microscopic, and cytogenetic correlationsH A Domanski
Department of Pathology and Cytology, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Cancer 93:381-9. 2001Spindle cell lipoma (SCL) is a relatively uncommon, benign tumor that usually presents in the subcutaneous fat of adult men...
- Spindle cell lipoma of the oral cavitySteven D Billings
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 28:28-31. 2006Spindle cell lipoma is typically seen in the neck/trunk region of middle-aged and older men. Rare cases of oral spindle cell lipoma have been reported...
- Lumbar nerve root compression due to extradural, intraforaminal lipoma. An underdiagnosed entity?Dimitris Zevgaridis
Department of Neurosurgery, Kyanous Stavros, Aristotle University of Thessaliniki, Greece
J Neurosurg Spine 9:408-10. 2008..case of a patient with unilateral lumbar nerve root compression caused by extradural, intraforaminal, true adult lipoma. A 62-year-old woman suffered severe left L-5 radiculopathy that progressively worsened during the 12 months prior ..
- Radiologic features of pancreatic lipomaMax F Ryan
Medical Imaging Department, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, Sunnybrook Campus, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ont
Can Assoc Radiol J 54:41-4. 2003
- A rare case of intraoral lipoma in a six year-old child: a case reportMeduri Venkateswarlu
Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology, Kamineti Institute of Dental Sciences, Narketpally, Andhra Pradesh 508254, India
Int J Oral Sci 3:43-6. 2011One type of soft tissue lesions of the oral cavity is lipoma, which is a kind of benign tumor composed of mature lipid cells...
- Colonic lipoma with florid vascular proliferation and nodule-aggregating appearance related to repeated intussusceptionShiro Adachi
Department of Pathology, The City Hospital of Ikeda, Ikeda, Japan
Pathol Int 55:160-4. 2005A unique case of repeatedly intussuscepted colonic lipoma mimicking an epithelial tumor in a 50-year-old man is reported. The tumor was located in the ascending colon and was approximately 5 cm in diameter...
- Hindbrain Herniation in Sheep Model of MyelomeningoceleCornelia von Koch; Fiscal Year: 2002..Furthermore, we will characterize in lambs gross pathological and axonal pathfinding anomalies usually seen in the human disease. ..
- USE OF ADIPOSE-DERIVED PREADIPOCYTES IN BONE DISOREDERSJeffrey Gimble; Fiscal Year: 2002..This has commercial application to orthopedic and periodontal surgical treatments of joint replacement, fracture repair, and bone resorption secondary to tooth decay...
- Spinal Fusion Using Adipose Derived Adult Stem CellsJeffrey Gimble; Fiscal Year: 2005..The availability of "off the shelf ADAS cells for clinical orthopedic procedures will have a significant commercial and therapeutic impact. ..
- CIRCADIAN MECHANISMS REGULATING OSTEOGENESISJeffrey Gimble; Fiscal Year: 2005..Findings from this innovative proposal have clinical implications regarding the optimal timing for daily medication regimens in bone diseases and for elective orthopedic and orthodontic procedures. ..
- Iron and AtherosclerosisSubha Raman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Subgroup analyses will include comparison of the presence of iron symptomatic versus asymptomatic patients and women versus age-matched men. ..
- Botannical Extract Library Screeninig with Human ADAS CellsJeffrey Gimble; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..