Genomes and Genes
Summary: A benign tumor containing vascular, adipose, and muscle elements. It occurs most often in the kidney with smooth muscle elements (angiolipoleiomyoma) in association with tuberous sclerosis. (Dorland, 27th ed)
Publications291 found, 100 shown here
- Everolimus for angiomyolipoma associated with tuberous sclerosis complex or sporadic lymphangioleiomyomatosis (EXIST-2): a multicentre, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialJohn J Bissler
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Lancet 381:817-24. 2013..We compared the angiomyolipoma response rate on everolimus with placebo in patients with tuberous sclerosis or sporadic ..
- Pure epithelioid PEComas (so-called epithelioid angiomyolipoma) of the kidney: A clinicopathologic study of 41 cases: detailed assessment of morphology and risk stratificationNalan Nese
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 35:161-76. 2011..of the kidney are defined as potentially malignant mesenchymal lesions that are closely related to classic angiomyolipoma. Although approximately 120 cases are published, mostly as case reports with variably used diagnostic criteria,..
- Malignant hepatic angiomyolipoma: report of a case and review of literatureThong T Nguyen
Department of Pathology, Rosewell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14201, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 32:793-8. 2008Hepatic angiomyolipoma, a constituent of the group of tumors showing differentiation resembling perivascular epithelioid cells, is primarily appreciated in its benign form...
- Sirolimus therapy for angiomyolipoma in tuberous sclerosis and sporadic lymphangioleiomyomatosis: a phase 2 trialD Mark Davies
Institute of Medical Genetics, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff CF14 4XN, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 17:4071-81. 2011..This study investigated the efficacy and safety of the mTORC1 inhibitor sirolimus for treatment of renal angiomyolipomas in patients with these disorders...
- Small (<4 cm) renal mass: differentiation of angiomyolipoma without visible fat from renal cell carcinoma utilizing MR imagingKewalee Sasiwimonphan
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Radiology 263:160-8. 2012..To determine whether a combination of magnetic resonance (MR) parameters can help differentiate small angiomyolipomas (AMLs) without visible fat from renal cell carcinomas (RCCs)...
- Renal epithelioid angiomyolipoma: imaging characteristics in nine cases with radiologic-pathologic correlation and review of the literatureAdam T Froemming
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, 200 1st St SE, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 200:W178-86. 2013The purpose of this study was to describe the imaging features of renal epithelioid angiomyolipoma (EAML), a rare subtype of angiomyolipoma, with clinical and pathologic correlation.
- Sirolimus for angiomyolipoma in tuberous sclerosis complex or lymphangioleiomyomatosisJohn J Bissler
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
N Engl J Med 358:140-51. 2008..The drug sirolimus suppresses mTOR signaling...
- Constant allelic alteration on chromosome 16p (TSC2 gene) in perivascular epithelioid cell tumour (PEComa): genetic evidence for the relationship of PEComa with angiomyolipomaC C Pan
Department of Pathology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital and National Yang Ming University, Taiwan
J Pathol 214:387-93. 2008Perivascular epithelioid cell tumours (PEComas) are a family of tumours including classic angiomyolipoma, lymphangioleiomyomatosis, and clear epithelioid cell tumours reported under a variety of names such as epithelioid angiomyolipoma, ..
- Renal angiomyolipoma: relationships between tumor size, aneurysm formation, and ruptureKoichiro Yamakado
Department of Radiology, Mie University School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Radiology 225:78-82. 2002..To evaluate the relationships between tumor size, aneurysm formation, and spontaneous rupture in renal angiomyolipomas...
- Mutation in TSC2 and activation of mammalian target of rapamycin signalling pathway in renal angiomyolipomaNisreen El-Hashemite
Brigham and Women Hospital, Department of Medicine, Haematology Division, Boston MA 02115, USA
Lancet 361:1348-9. 2003..We suggest that treatment with rapamycin and its analogues could benefit such patients...
- Epithelioid angiomyolipoma of the kidney mimicking renal cell carcinoma: a clinicopathologic analysis of cases and literature reviewChia Chun Tsai
Department of Urology, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 25:133-40. 2009Classical renal angiomyolipoma (AML) is a common tumor that, in most cases, follows a benign course and has clearly defined radiologic and histological characteristics...
- Malignant epithelioid angiomyolipoma in the kidney and liver of a patient with pulmonary lymphangioleiomyomatosis: lack of response to sirolimusFutoshi Higa
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Prevention, Control of Infectious Diseases, School of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, Okinawa
Intern Med 48:1821-5. 2009..The pathological diagnosis of the tumor was conventional angiomyolipoma (AML). After 8 months, 2 liver tumors appeared and grew rapidly...
- PET scan with 11C-acetate for the imaging of liver masses: report of a false positive caseR Lhommel
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 32:629. 2005
- Renal epithelioid angiomyolipoma--a close mimic of renal cell carcinoma. Report of a case and review of the literatureAlexandr Svec
Department of Pathology, Faculty Hospital Královské Vinohrady and Third Medical Faculty, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Pathol Res Pract 200:851-6. 2005The epithelioid variant of angiomyolipoma (EAML) is a rare tumor of unpredictable behavior that is composed of epithelioid, spindle, and giant cells and contains no or only a minimal amount of lipomatous tissue...
- Estradiol and tamoxifen stimulate LAM-associated angiomyolipoma cell growth and activate both genomic and nongenomic signaling pathwaysJane Yu
Fox Chase Cancer Center, 7701 Burholme Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 286:L694-700. 2004..Here, we report the first successful cell culture of a LAM-associated renal angiomyolipoma. The cells carried inactivating mutations in both alleles of the TSC2 gene and expressed estrogen receptor , ..
- Interferon-gamma-Jak-Stat signaling in pulmonary lymphangioleiomyomatosis and renal angiomyolipoma: a potential therapeutic targetNisreen El-Hashemite
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Hematology Division, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis Street, Boston MA 02115, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 33:227-30. 2005Pulmonary lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) and renal angiomyolipoma (AML) are proliferative lesions that occur in sporadic patients, and at much higher frequency in patients with tuberous sclerosis (TSC)...
- Radiofrequency ablation (RFA) therapy for renal angiomyolipoma (AML): an alternative to angio-embolization and nephron-sparing surgeryScott M Castle
Division of Endourology, Laparoscopy, and Minimally Invasive Surgery, Department of Urology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, FL 33136, USA
BJU Int 109:384-7. 2012To show that radiofrequency ablation (RFA) is safe and effective treatment for renal angiomyolipoma (AML). Current treatments to reduce the risk of haemorrhage include tumour extirpation, angio-embolization, or ablative therapy.
- Comparative genomic hybridization study of perivascular epithelioid cell tumor: molecular genetic evidence of perivascular epithelioid cell tumor as a distinctive neoplasmChin Chen Pan
Department of Pathology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan Department of Pathology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Hum Pathol 37:606-12. 2006..frequent deletion of 16p in which TSC2 gene is located indicates the oncogenetic relationship of PEComas with angiomyolipoma as a TSC2-linked neoplasm...
- Multicenter phase 2 trial of sirolimus for tuberous sclerosis: kidney angiomyolipomas and other tumors regress and VEGF- D levels decreaseSandra L Dabora
Biogen Idec Hemophilia, Weston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e23379. 2011..Tuberous sclerosis (TSC) related tumors are characterized by constitutively activated mTOR signaling due to mutations in TSC1 or TSC2...
- Invasive growth of hepatic angiomyolipoma; a hitherto unreported ominous histological featureA Nonomura
Department of Diagnostic Pathology, Nara Medical University, School of Medicine, Kashihara, Nara, Japan
Histopathology 48:831-5. 2006Although histological features of hepatic angiomyolipoma (AML) are highly variable, true malignant change is extremely rare...
- Diagnosis of renal angiomyolipoma with hounsfield unit thresholds: effect of size of region of interest and nephrographic phase imagingMatthew S Davenport
Department of Radiology, Duke University Medical Center, Box 3808, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Radiology 260:158-65. 2011To retrospectively determine the optimal Hounsfield unit threshold and region of interest (ROI) size required to accurately diagnose renal angiomyolipoma (AML) and differentiate it from renal cell carcinoma (RCC).
- Hepatic angiomyolipoma mimicking hepatic clear cell carcinomaP Chen
Hepatobiliary Surgery, Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
J Int Med Res 37:257-63. 2009b>Angiomyolipoma usually involves the kidney and rarely affects the liver. This study reports a case of angiomyolipoma of the liver in a 47-year-old Chinese woman. The patient did not present with abdominal pain and jaundice...
- Monotypic epithelioid angiomyolipoma of the adrenal gland: an unusual site for a rare extrarenal tumorAntonio D'Antonio
Department of Pathologic Anatomy, AO San Giovanni di Dio e Ruggi d Aragona, Salerno, Italy
Ann Diagn Pathol 13:347-50. 2009Epithelioid angiomyolipoma (AML) is an uncommon renal mesenchymal tumor with malignant potential and is frequently associated with tuberous sclerosis...
- Diagnosis and treatment of hepatic angiomyolipoma in 26 casesNing Ren
Liver Cancer Institute, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:1856-8. 2003To summarize the experience of the diagnosis and treatment of hepatic angiomyolipoma (HAML).
- Angiomyolipomata: challenges, solutions, and future prospects based on over 100 cases treatedPrasanna Sooriakumaran
Department of Urology, St George s Hospital, London, UK
BJU Int 105:101-6. 2010To examine the presentation, management and outcomes of patients with renal angiomyolipoma (AML) over a period of 10 years, at St George's Hospital, London, UK.
- Management of hepatic angiomyolipomaChing Yao Yang
Department of Surgery, National Taiwan University Hospital, and National Taiwan University College of Medicine, No 7 Chung Shan South Road, Taipei, 100, Taiwan
J Gastrointest Surg 11:452-7. 2007Preoperative diagnosis of hepatic angiomyolipoma is difficult, and the treatment for it remains controversial...
- Pathological features of renal neoplasms classified by size and symptomatologyBruce Schlomer
Division of Urology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Urol 176:1317-20; discussion 1320. 2006..We examined the relationship between tumor size and pathological findings in a contemporary series of surgical renal lesions and we characterized the relationship of incidental and symptomatic tumors to pathological findings...
- Hepatic angiomyolipomaAmber A Petrolla
Department of Pathology, University Hospitals Case Medical Center and Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 132:1679-82. 2008Hepatic angiomyolipoma is a rare, benign, hepatic mesenchymal neoplasm found in both males and females, and most commonly in adult females. Angiomyolipoma occurs most commonly in the kidneys...
- Reduction of postembolization syndrome after ablation of renal angiomyolipomaJohn J Bissler
Division of Nephrology and Department of Radiology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 39:966-71. 2002..To reduce the risk of hemorrhage, transarterial embolization is used to necrose the angiomyolipoma while sparing normal renal tissue...
- Frequent [corrected] hyperphosphorylation of ribosomal protein S6 [corrected] in lymphangioleiomyomatosis-associated angiomyolipomasVictoria A Robb
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Mod Pathol 19:839-46. 2006..This high incidence of mTOR signaling pathway activation suggests that treatment with mTOR inhibitors, such as Rapamycin, may benefit patients with angiomyolipomas independent of the detection of TSC1/TSC2 loss of heterozygosity...
- Incidence of benign pathologic findings at partial nephrectomy for solitary renal mass presumed to be renal cell carcinoma on preoperative imagingAlexander Kutikov
Department of Surgery, Division of Urology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Urology 68:737-40. 2006..To determine the incidence of benign pathologic findings at partial nephrectomy for a solitary renal lesion when preoperative imaging is reviewed by an experienced team of academic genitourinary radiologists...
- Renal angiomyolipoma: clinicopathologic study of 194 cases with emphasis on the epithelioid histology and tuberous sclerosis associationHakan Aydin
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Taussig Cancer Center, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 33:289-97. 2009The majority of renal angiomyolipoma (AML) is sporadic and occasionally it occurs as part of tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC)...
- The radiological diagnosis and treatment of renal angiomyolipoma-current statusD Halpenny
Department of Radiology, Adelaide and Meath Hospitals Incorporating the National Childrens Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin, Ireland
Clin Radiol 65:99-108. 2010..In addition, we discuss current guidelines for follow-up and prophylactic treatment of these lesions, as well as the increasing role that the interventional radiologist has to play in these cases...
- Low-dose rapamycin reduces kidney volume angiomyolipomas and prevents the loss of renal function in a patient with tuberous sclerosis complexRamón Peces
Servicio de Nefrologia, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Madrid, Spain
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:3787-91. 2010..These data suggest that it could be the result of the anti-angiogenic, anti-fibrotic and anti-proliferative effects of rapamycin...
- Radiofrequency ablation for treatment of sporadic angiomyolipomaWarner Prevoo
Department of Radiology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Urology 72:188-91. 2008Symptomatic angiomyolipoma (AML) and asymptomatic AML larger than 4 cm in size are usually treated with nephron-sparing surgery or arterial embolization...
- PEComas: the past, the present and the futureGuido Martignoni
Department of Pathology, Universita di Verona, Verona, Italy
Virchows Arch 452:119-32. 2008..There are some open questions about PEComas regarding its histogenesis, the definition of epithelioid angiomyolipoma and the identification of the histological criteria of malignancy...
- Epithelioid angiomyolipoma of the liver: cross-sectional imaging findings of 10 immunohistochemically-verified casesPeng ju Xu
Department of Radiology, Zhongshan Hospital Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
World J Gastroenterol 15:4576-81. 2009To retrospectively evaluate the computed tomography (CT)/magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) imaging features of epithelioid angiomyolipoma of the liver (Epi-HAML), with pathology as a reference.
- Angiomyolipoma with epithelial cysts of the kidney in a manShuji Mikami
Division of Diagnostic Pathology, Keio University Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Pathol Int 58:664-7. 2008b>Angiomyolipoma (AML) is a well-characterized tumor composed of vascular, smooth muscle and adipose elements. Recently, AML with epithelial cysts (AMLEC) has been described as a cystic variant of AML...
- Epithelioid angiomyolipoma: imaging appearancesN Bharwani
Department of Radiology, The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Br J Radiol 82:e249-52. 2009Epithelioid angiomyolipoma is a recently described rare variant of renal angiomyolipoma. It can occur in patients with or without tuberous sclerosis, and may potentially be malignant...
- F-18 FDG PET/CT findings in two patients with hepatic angiomyolipoma with and without intratumoral hemorrhageKentaro Takanami
Department of Radiology, Graduate School of Medicine, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Clin Nucl Med 35:18-21. 2010..This report demonstrates that benign hepatic AMLs may demonstrate increased FDG uptake if there is hemorrhage and a related inflammatory response...
- Angiomyolipoma with epithelial cysts: mimic of renal cell carcinomaAndrew B Rosenkrantz
Department of Radiology, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
Clin Imaging 34:65-8. 2010b>Angiomyolipoma with epithelial cysts (AMLEC) is a rare variant of angiomyolipoma with minimal fat that contains epithelial-lined cysts and may mimic a cystic renal cell carcinoma...
- Transarterial ethanol ablation for sporadic and non-hemorrhaging angiomyolipoma in the kidneyShigeo Takebayashi
Department of Radiology, Yokohama City University Medical Center, 4 57, Urafune cho, Minami Ku, Yokohama 232 0024, Japan
Eur J Radiol 72:139-45. 2009..We evaluated the efficacy and side effects of transarterial ethanol ablation in sporadic and non-hemorrhaging angiomyolipomas (AMLs) in the kidney...
- Epithelioid angiomyolipoma: a rare variant of renal angiomyolipomaJuan Carlos Astigueta
Department of Urologic Surgery, Instituto Regional de Enfermedades Neoplásicas Norte, Trujillo, Peru
Arch Esp Urol 62:493-7. 2009We present a case of primary renal epithelioid angiomyolipoma, its association with tuberous sclerosis and review the literature.
- Incidental angiomyolipoma resected during renal surgery for an enhancing renal massRyan K Berglund
Urology Service, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
BJU Int 104:1650-4. 2009To review the outcomes of surgery for renal angiomyolipoma (AML, a benign renal neoplasm that often appears as an enhancing renal mass on imaging) removed at a centre that manages AML conservatively, as typically the presence of tumour ..
- Evaluation of renal function of angiomyolipoma patients after selective transcatheter arterial embolizationShen Yang Lee
Department of Nephrology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Am J Med Sci 337:103-8. 2009b>Angiomyolipoma patients may have renal insufficiency before selective transcatheter arterial embolization (TAE) or may undergo subsequent surgery after TAE...
- Renal angiomyolipoma with calcification: CT-pathology correlationS Merran
FMP Département d Imagerie Médicale, Hôpital Cochin Service, 24 rue Saint Victor, 75005 Paris, France
Br J Radiol 77:782-3. 2004..We report a case of a fatty renal tumour with calcification which was an angiomyolipoma. The calcification within the tumour was secondary to osseous metaplasia.
- Cystic angiomyolipoma of the kidney: a clinicopathologic description of 11 casesCharles J Davis
Department of Genitourinary Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
Mod Pathol 19:669-74. 2006..a subepithelial collar of poorly differentiated cells, but the solid element of all tumors was myomatous angiomyolipoma; only one case had any adipose tissue...
- Epithelioid angiomyolipoma of the liver: case report and review of the literatureGeir Tryggvason
Department of Pathology, Landspitali University Hospital, Reykjavik, Iceland
APMIS 112:612-6. 2004Hepatic angiomyolipoma is a rare tumor. Here we describe a case and review the literature.
- Effects of rapamycin on angiomyolipomas in patients with tuberous sclerosisCristina Cabrera López
Nephrology Department, Puigvert Foundation, Autonomous University of Barcelona FP UAB Barcelona, Spain
Nefrologia 31:292-8. 2011..Constant and inadequate proliferation occurring in TS may be blocked by mTOR inhibitors (mammalian target of rapamycin), such as rapamycin...
- Epithelioid angiomyolipoma of the kidneyMustafa Fuat Acikalin
Osmangazi University Medical Faculty, Department of Pathology, Eskisehir, Turkey
Int J Urol 12:204-7. 2005Epithelioid angiomyolipoma is a recently recognized variant of angiomyolipoma, which is characterized by the presence of polygonal cells with densely eosinophilic cytoplasm and varying degrees of nuclear atypia...
- The methylation of the TSC2 promoter underlies the abnormal growth of TSC2 angiomyolipoma-derived smooth muscle cellsElena Lesma
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Dept of Medicine, Surgery, and Dentistry, Via A Di Rudini 8, 20142 Milano, Italy
Am J Pathol 174:2150-9. 2009..Smooth muscle-like cells (ASMs) were isolated from an angiomyolipoma of a patient with TSC...
- Massive epithelioid angiomyolipoma of the kidney in a young girlMing Shan Hung
Division of Urology, Changhua Christian Hospital, Changhua, Taiwan
Int J Urol 12:998-1000. 2005..Pathologic evaluation with HMB-45 immunohistochemical staining confirmed the diagnosis of epithelioid angiomyolipoma. The tumor consisted predominantly of epithelioid cells, and it could easily be misidentified as a renal cell ..
- Perivascular epithelioid cell sarcoma (malignant PEComa) of the ileumA Agaimy
Institut fur Pathologie, Klinikum Nürnberg, Prof Ernst Nathan Strasse 1, 90419 Nurnberg, Germany
Pathol Res Pract 202:37-41. 2006Epithelioid angiomyolipoma (AML) is the prototype of a heterogeneous group of lesions characterized by the presence of HMB-45 positive cells with clear cytoplasm, perivascular distribution, and combined myomelanocytic features, so-called ..
- Angiomyolipoma have common mutations in TSC2 but no other common genetic eventsWei Qin
Translational Medicine Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e24919. 2011Renal angiomyolipoma are part of the PEComa family of neoplasms, and occur both in association with Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC) and independent of that disorder...
- Renal angiomyolipoma: growth followed up with CT and/or USL Lemaitre
Department of Radiology, Hopital Claude Huriez, Centre Hospitalier Regional Universitaire CHRU, Lille, France
Radiology 197:598-602. 1995..To follow up the growth of renal angiomyolipomas (AMLs)...
- Dual-tracer PET/CT in renal angiomyolipoma and subtypes of renal cell carcinomaChi lai Ho
Department of Nuclear Medicine and PET, Hong Kong Sanatorium and Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Clin Nucl Med 37:1075-82. 2012We studied the metabolic characteristics of RCC subtypes and angiomyolipoma with 18F-FDG and 11C-acetate PET/CT.
- Contemporary experience in the management of angiomyolipomaAdam C Mues
Department of Urology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
J Endourol 24:1883-6. 2010We review our single center experience in the management of renal angiomyolipoma (AML) in patients who were treated with active surveillance (AS) or invasive treatment protocols.
- Multiphasic enhancement patterns of small renal masses (≤4 cm) on preoperative computed tomography: utility for distinguishing subtypes of renal cell carcinoma, angiomyolipoma, and oncocytomaPhillip M Pierorazio
James Buchanan Brady Urological Institute, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Urology 81:1265-71. 2013..To analyze the enhancement patterns of small renal masses (SRMs) during 4-phase computed tomography (CT) imaging to predict histology...
- Thoracic spinal angiomyolipoma with extracanal extension to the thoracic cavity. A case reportH Sakaida
Department of Neurosurgery, Mie University School of Medicine, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:391-4. 1998..OBJECTIVE: To describe a 72-year-old man with thoracic spinal angiomyolipoma in the ventral aspect of the epidural space and extracanal extension to the posterior mediastinum, to discuss ..
- Dramatic tumor response to everolimus for malignant epithelioid angiomyolipomaKohei Shitara
Department of Clinical Oncology, Aichi Cancer Center Hospital, 1 1 Kanokoden, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8681, Aichi, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 41:814-6. 2011Malignant epithelioid variant of angiomyolipoma has aggressive characteristics, against which conventional cytotoxic agents have been reported to be disappointingly inactive, and the prognosis of unresectable or recurrent disease is ..
- Expression of E-cadherin in angiomyolipomaZhen Wang
Department of Pathology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Hum Pathol 43:2348-53. 2012b>Angiomyolipoma is the most common member of perivascular epithelioid cell tumors that characteristically express myogenic and melanocytic markers...
- Minimal fat renal angiomyolipoma: the initial study with contrast-enhanced ultrasonographyQing Lu
Department of Ultrasound, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai Institute of Medical Imaging, Shanghai, China
Ultrasound Med Biol 38:1896-901. 2012..0% and 97.2%, respectively. Slow centripetal enhancement in the cortical phase and homogeneous enhancement at peak are main features of CEUS-confirmed solid minimal fat renal AML...
- Histogram analysis of small solid renal masses: differentiating minimal fat angiomyolipoma from renal cell carcinomaHumaira S Chaudhry
Department of Radiology, Division of Abdominal Imaging, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 198:377-83. 2012The objective of our study was to retrospectively determine whether minimal fat renal angiomyolipoma can be differentiated from clear cell or papillary renal cell carcinoma (RCC) in small renal masses using attenuation measurement ..
- Epithelioid angiomyolipoma: a morphologically distinct variant that mimics a variety of intra-abdominal neoplasmsOzgur Mete
Department of Pathology, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Arch Pathol Lab Med 135:665-70. 2011..the histopathologic, immunohistochemical, ultrastructural, and molecular biologic features of epithelioid angiomyolipoma (EAML), with an emphasis on the differential diagnosis of intra-abdominal EAML...
- Radiofrequency ablation of large renal angiomyolipoma: median-term follow-upS M Gregory
Department of Radiology, St George s Hospital and Medical School, Blackshaw Road, London, SW17 0QT, UK
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 36:682-9. 2013..To study the feasibility of percutaneous radiofrequency ablation (RFA) of large angiomyolipomas (AMLs) using saline-cooled electrodes...
- Renal cell carcinoma and renal angiomyolipoma: differential diagnosis with real-time contrast-enhanced ultrasonographyZuo Feng Xu
Department of Medical Ultrasonics, First Affiliated Hospital, Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Ultrasound, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
J Ultrasound Med 29:709-17. 2010The purpose of this study was to evaluate the usefulness of contrast-enhanced ultrasonography (CEUS) in differentiating renal cell carcinoma (RCC) from renal angiomyolipoma (RAML).
- Expression of KIT (CD117) in angiomyolipomaHala R Makhlouf
Department of Hepatic and Gastrointestinal Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 26:493-7. 2002b>Angiomyolipoma is a unique mesenchymal tumor postulated to arise from perivascular epithelioid cells...
- Renal epithelioid angiomyolipoma with atypia: a series of 40 cases with emphasis on clinicopathologic prognostic indicators of malignancyFadi Brimo
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 34:715-22. 2010..This model accurately categorized 78% of clinically malignant and 100% of the clinically benign epithelioid AMLs with atypia...
- Role of the CXCR4/CXCL12 axis in lymphangioleiomyomatosis and angiomyolipomaDebbie Clements
Division of Therapeutics and Molecular Medicine and National Institute for Health Research Respiratory Biomedical Research Unit, University of Nottingham, University Hospital, Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham, United Kingdom
J Immunol 185:1812-21. 2010..a progressive disease caused by accumulation of metastatic (LAM) cells in the lungs, lymphatics, and the tumor angiomyolipoma (AML)...
- Renal cell carcinoma containing macroscopic fat on CT mimics an angiomyolipoma due to bone metaplasia without macroscopic calcificationL Richmond
Department of Medical Imaging, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M4N 3M5, Canada
Br J Radiol 83:e179-81. 2010..is significant because standard imaging practice is to classify a renal mass containing intratumoral macroscopic fat that is not associated with calcification, ossification or invasion of perirenal or hilar fat as an angiomyolipoma.
- Trabecular angiomyolipoma mimicking hepatic cell carcinomaE Szekely
Semmelweis University, 2nd Department of Pathology, Budapest, H 1091, Hungary
Pathol Oncol Res 6:224-6. 2000..Histological examination found an angiomyolipoma of the above-mentioned type, and the final diagnosis was ascertained with the aid of vimentin, smooth muscle ..
- Angiomyolipoma with minimal fat: differentiation from renal cell carcinoma at biphasic helical CTJeong Kon Kim
Department of Radiology, Asan Medical Center, 388 1 Poongnap dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul 138 736, Korea
Radiology 230:677-84. 2004To compare various computed tomographic (CT) features of angiomyolipoma (AML) with minimal fat with those of size-matched renal cell carcinoma (RCC).
- Monotypic epithelioid angiomyolipoma of the liverS Yamasaki
Department of First Pathology, Juntendo University, School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Histopathology 36:451-6. 2000Monotypic epithelioid angiomyolipoma is a recently recognized renal tumour, which is composed purely of epithelioid cells coexpressing markers of both smooth muscle differentiation and melanogenesis (HMB45)...
- A modified cysteinyl-labeling assay reveals reversible oxidation of protein tyrosine phosphatases in angiomyolipoma cellsBenoit Boivin
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724 2208, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:9959-64. 2008..this cysteinyl-labeling assay to the study of platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) receptor signaling in an angiomyolipoma cell model...
- Renal angiomyolipoma with minimal fat: differentiation from other neoplasms at double-echo chemical shift FLASH MR imagingJeong Kon Kim
Departments of Radiology and Urology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan, 388 1 Poongnap dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul, 138 736, South Korea
Radiology 239:174-80. 2006..of double-echo gradient-echo (GRE) chemical shift magnetic resonance (MR) imaging in the differentiation of angiomyolipoma (AML) with minimal fat from other renal neoplasms, with pathologic examination or follow-up data serving as ..
- [Angiomyolipoma of the colon - case report and review of the literature]J Pelz
Chirurgische Klinik mit Poliklinik der Friedrich Alexander Universität Erlangen Nürnberg, Germany
Z Gastroenterol 41:715-8. 2003b>Angiomyolipoma is one of the benign hamartomas that is found sporadically or associated with tuberous sclerosis. It is a rare soft tissue tumor involving mostly the kidneys, sometimes other visceral organs...
- Fine-needle aspiration of renal angiomyolipoma: a report of four casesU Handa
Department of Pathology, Government Medical College and Hospital, Sector 32A, Chandigarh, India
Cytopathology 18:250-4. 2007Renal angiomyolipoma is an uncommon benign tumour composed of smooth muscle cells, blood vessels and adipose tissue. The cytological findings of this tumour are described.
- Epithelioid angiomyolipoma of the liver with striking giant cell component: fine-needle aspiration biopsy findings of a rare neoplasmHouda Alatassi
Division of Cytopathology, Department of Pathology, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky 40202, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 37:192-4. 2009b>Angiomyolipoma (AML) is a uncommon benign neoplasm of the liver with cyto- and histologic features similar to the more commonly encountered renal AML...
- Lymph nodal involvement by renal angiomyolipomaI Türker Köksal
Department of Urology, Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Turkey
Int J Urol 7:386-9. 2000b>Angiomyolipoma of the kidney is a clonal neoplasm, apparently part of a family of neoplasms derived from perivascular epithelial cells. A 40-year-old woman presented with right flank pain and an otherwise non-significant medical history...
- Angiomyolipoma of the colon: report of a case and review of the literatureJinn Shiun Chen
Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, 199 Tung Hwa North Road, Taipei, Taiwan
Dis Colon Rectum 46:547-9. 2003b>Angiomyolipoma of the colon is very rare. Only three cases have been reported in the literature. Here we report the case of a 54-year-old male, who presented with a progressive abdominal cramping pain...
- Renal angiomyolipoma extending into the right atriumM I Davydov
Department of Thoracoabdominal Surgery, Cancer Research Center, Moscow, Russia
Urol Int 67:168-9. 2001..We describe the diagnosis and management of a rare case of AML associated with tumor thrombus extending into the right atrium...
- Angiomyolipoma of the anterior mediastinumCarrie S Knight
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 12:293-5. 2008b>Angiomyolipoma is a benign tumor composed of varying proportions of smooth muscle cells, blood vessels, and adipose tissue that most commonly occurs in the kidney...
- Paradoxical carbon dioxide embolism during pneumoperitoneum in laparoscopic surgery for a huge renal angiomyolipomaYu Yin Huang
Department of Anesthesiology, Cheng Hsin Rehabilitation Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, R O C
J Chin Med Assoc 71:214-7. 2008..a case of paradoxical gas embolism during CO2 insufflation in laparoscopic nephrectomy for a huge renal angiomyolipoma. Paradoxical CO2 embolism in the left heart chambers without demonstrable intracardiac right-to-left shunt was ..
- Nephron-sparing nephrectomy for giant renal angiomyolipoma associated with lymphangioleiomyomatosisThomas H S Hsu
Section of Urologic Oncology, Urological Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Urology 59:138. 2002..We describe successful nephron-sparing surgery for a giant angiomyolipoma and discuss relevant management issues in a patient with lymphangioleiomyomatosis who had previously undergone ..
- Embolization of a bleeding renal angiomyolipoma in pregnancy: case report and reviewJose P Morales
Department of Interventional Radiology, Guy s and St Thomas Hospital, St Thomas Street, London SE1 9RT, UK
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 28:265-8. 2005A case is described of a woman 10 weeks pregnant who had severe bleeding, secondary to a renal angiomyolipoma (AML), that was treated with embolization...
- Renal angiomyolipoma during pregnancy: review of the literatureIgnacio Zapardiel
Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, Santa Cristina University Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Gynecol Obstet Invest 72:217-9. 2011The incidence of renal angiomyolipoma (RA) is 0.3% in the general population, and even more infrequent during pregnancy. Pregnancy can increase the risk of rupture, although the causal mechanism is still not clearly defined...
- Malignant epithelioid angiomyolipoma of the kidney in a patient with tuberous sclerosis: an autopsy case report with p53 gene mutation analysisKatsuaki Sato
Department of Pathophysiological and Experimental Pathology, Kanazawa Medical University, 1 1 Daigaku, Uchinada, Kahoku, Ishikawa 920 0293, Japan
Pathol Res Pract 204:771-7. 2008We report an autopsy case of malignant epithelioid angiomyolipoma in a 36-year-old male tuberous sclerosis patient. He had been diagnosed to have a bilateral renal tumor 20 years previously...
- [Malignant-like angiomyolipoma of the liver: report of one case and review of the literature]D Rouquie
Service de Chirurgie Viscérale et Vasculaire, Hopital du Val de Grace, 74, boulevard Port Royal, 75230 Paris Cedex 05, France
Ann Chir 131:338-41. 2006Frequently found in kidney, angiomyolipoma is a rare mesenchymal tumor when diagnosed in the liver and usually benign composed of proliferative blood vessels, fatty tissue and smooth muscle...
- An unusual renal angiomyolipoma with morphological lymphangioleiomyomatosis features and coexpression of oestrogen and progesterone receptorsMagali Colombat
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Centre Hospitalier General, Saint Quentin, France
Virchows Arch 440:102-4. 2002b>Angiomyolipoma is the most common mesenchymal renal tumour, the clonal origin of which has recently been demonstrated. It is composed of varying amounts of blood vessels, smooth muscle and fat...
- Inflammatory angiomyolipomas of the liver: a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical analysis of 5 casesHuaiyin Shi
Department of Pathology, The Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100853, China
Ann Diagn Pathol 14:240-6. 2010Hepatic angiomyolipoma (AML) may demonstrate a marked histologic diversity. We report 5 cases of hepatic AML exhibiting prominent inflammatory cells in the background (inflammatory AML)...
- Angiomyolipoma with minimal fat on MDCT: can counts of negative-attenuation pixels aid diagnosis?Claus Simpfendorfer
Section of Abdominal Imaging, Imaging Institute, Desk Hb6, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 192:438-43. 2009The purpose of this study was to determine whether counts of pixels with subzero attenuation on CT scans can aid in the diagnosis of renal angiomyolipoma with minimal fat.
- Inflammatory angiomyolipoma of the liver: a rare hepatic tumorYang Liu
Department of Pathology, The First Affiliated Hospital and College of Basic Medical Sciences, China Medical University, Shenyang, 110001, China
Diagn Pathol 7:122. 2012b>Angiomyolipoma (AML) is a rare mesenchymal neoplasm of the tumor, composed of a varying heterogeneous mixture of three tissue components: blood vessels, smooth muscle and adipose cells...
- Hemodynamic characterization of hepatic angiomyolipoma with least amount of fat evaluated by contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance angiographyWenbo Xiao
The First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Radiology, Hangzhou, China
Abdom Imaging 35:203-7. 2010..of our study was to describe contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) findings of hepatic angiomyolipoma (AML) with less lipocyte...
- Renal cell carcinomas with intratumoral fat and concomitant angiomyolipoma: potential pitfalls in staging and diagnosisManju Aron
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Institute, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, L25, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 134:807-12. 2010..Our study highlights the potential pitfalls in staging and diagnosis when intratumoral fat or AML is found within RCC...
- Epithelioid angiomyolipoma of the kidneyIkuma Kato
Division of Anatomical and Surgical Pathology, Yokohama City University Hospital, Yokohama, Japan
Pathol Int 59:38-43. 2009Epithelioid angiomyolipoma (eAMLoma) is an uncommon renal mesenchymal tumor with malignant potential and is frequently associated with tuberous sclerosis (TSC)...
- Controversies related to epithelioid variant of renal angiomyolipoma: a review of the literaturePatricia Serrano Frago
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Universitario Miguel Servet, Zaragoza, Spain
Urology 67:846.e3-5. 2006..adrenal carcinoma suggested by computed tomography for whom the histopathologic study revealed an epithelioid angiomyolipoma arising from the kidney...
- Diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging in the differentiation of angiomyolipoma with minimal fat from clear cell renal cell carcinomaHajime Tanaka
Department of Urology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University Graduate School, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
Int J Urol 18:727-30. 2011..to evaluate diffusion-weighted (DW) magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in differentiating between minimal fat angiomyolipoma (MFAML) and clear cell renal cell carcinoma (CCRCC)...
- Correlation of MRI and CT findings with histopathology in hepatic angiomyolipomaD Högemann
Department of Radiology, Hannover Medical School, Germany
Eur Radiol 11:1389-95. 2001..Predominantly, CT and MRI did not include angiomyolipoma in the differential diagnosis, and the initial histopathological evaluation was inconclusive in more than half ..
- Angiomyolipoma of the large intestine: report of a caseH Maluf
Department of Pathology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110 1093, USA
Mod Pathol 12:1132-6. 1999A case of an angiomyolipoma of the large intestine occurring in a 55-year-old man without evidence of tuberous sclerosis is reported. Endoscopically, the lesion resembled a sessile adenomatous polyp. The tumor measured 1 cm...
- Sonographic appearance of a cholesterol granuloma within a renal epithelioid angiomyolipomaKai Lun Cheng
Department of Medical Imaging, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, No 110, Section 1, Chien Kuo N Rd, Taichung, Taiwan 402, Republic of China
J Clin Ultrasound 39:95-8. 2011We present the sonographic characteristics of a rare case of cholesterol granuloma within a renal epithelioid angiomyolipoma (AML) in a 57-year-old woman...
- Angiomyolipoma of the kidney: expanding disease spectrum demonstrated by 3 casesShahin Chandrasoma
Department of Urology, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 12:277-83. 2004We report 3 recent cases of angiomyolipoma of the kidney. Although generally regarded as a benign neoplasm, angiomyolipoma rarely behaves in an aggressive manner, producing complicated clinical courses leading to metastasis and death...
- Roles of autophagy-mediated pathways in the pathogenesis and treatment of TSCElizabeth P Henske; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our in vivo strategy (Aims 2 and 3) includes TSC2-deficient angiomyolipoma-derived cells and renal cyst/cystadenoma quantitation in Tsc2+/- mice...
- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy of Tumors and TissuesPamela Nurenberg; Fiscal Year: 2002..a specific metabolic "fingerprint"/ pattern that differentiates RCC from benign tumors such as oncocytoma, and angiomyolipoma, and from other malignant lesions such as lymphoma, transitional cell carcinoma, and metastasis. C...
- Whole cell panning; identification of markers to TSCJONATHAN ROTHBERG; Fiscal Year: 2006unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): We describe the development of human renal angiomyolipoma (AML) cell lines with which to provide an in vitro cellular model for use in identifying molecular markers of Tuberous Sclerosis ..
- DNA Replication Fork: Pausing, Recombination and DiseaseJohn Bissler; Fiscal Year: 2007..By understanding the effects of these sequences on the fidelity of DNA replication, therapeutic inroads into delaying disease onset can be made. ..
- Utility of Rapamycin for the Treatment of Renal Angiomy*John Bissler; Fiscal Year: 2004..The minimal rapamycin dose that produces an effect, defined as a greater than 10% decrease in angiomyolipoma volume, will be titrated beginning with doses that result in subimmunosuppressive serum levels to those that ..
- Skin Manifestations of Tuberous SclerosisJack Arbiser; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific Aim 3. To determine whether dysregulation of p16ink4a and PTCH (patched) acts as a modifier of theTS phenotype in transgenic mice expressing dominant negative tuberin. ..
- Roles of Tuberin (TSC2), Hamartin (TSC1), and Rheb in Renal Cyst PathogenesisElizabeth P Henske; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Regulation of Estrogen Signaling by Tuberin and RhebElizabeth P Henske; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of this project will elucidate the cause of a female-predominant disease, lymphangiomyomatosis (LAM), and may also contribute to our understanding of other estrogen-linked diseases. ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF LYMPHANGIOMYOMATOSISELIZABETH HENSKE; Fiscal Year: 2006..LAM cells from women with sporadic LAM, but not in normal kidney or lung, which strongly suggests that LAM and angiomyolipoma cells are derived from the same cell...
- Mechanisms of Renal Tumorigenesis in Tuberous SclerosisELIZABETH HENSKE; Fiscal Year: 2008..The cellular and biochemical pathways that cause kidney disease in TSC are likely to be closely related to the pathways that cause kidney tumors and cysts in other individuals. ..
- A Schizosaccharomyces pombe Model of Birt-Hogg-Dube SyndromeELIZABETH HENSKE; Fiscal Year: 2007..Nothing is currently known about how BHD gene mutations lead to human disease. We will use a novel yeast model of BHD to elucidate the function of the BHD protein. ..
- NFAT and MEF-2 Choreograph Bladder Wall Remodeling Following Partial Outlet ObstrSTEPHEN ANTHONY ZDERIC; Fiscal Year: 2010..New therapy to preserve and enhance native bladder function will help avoid the development of the end stage bladder. ..