Genomes and Genes
Summary: A malignant neoplasm occurring in young children, primarily in the liver, composed of tissue resembling embryonal or fetal hepatic epithelium, or mixed epithelial and mesenchymal tissues. (Stedman, 25th ed)
Publications290 found, 100 shown here
- Genome-wide analysis of allelic imbalances reveals 4q deletions as a poor prognostic factor and MDM4 amplification at 1q32.1 in hepatoblastomaYasuhito Arai
Cancer Genomics Project, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Chuo Ku, Tokyo, Japan
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 49:596-609. 2010In a single-nucleotide polymorphism array-based analysis of 56 hepatoblastoma (HB) tumors, allelic imbalances were detected in 37 tumors (66%)...
- Selective cytotoxicity of goniothalamin against hepatoblastoma HepG2 cellsMothanna Al-Qubaisi
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, University Putra Malaysia UPM, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Molecules 16:2944-59. 2011..The purpose of this study was to examine the in vitro cytotoxicity of goniothalamin on human hepatoblastoma HepG2 cells and normal liver Chang cells...
- Childhood cancers: hepatoblastomaC E Herzog
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas Houston Medical School, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Oncologist 5:445-53. 2000b>Hepatoblastoma is the most common primary liver tumor in children, accounting for just over 1% of pediatric cancers...
- Isolation and identification of cancer stem cells from a side population of a human hepatoblastoma cell line, HuH-6 clone-5Shinichi Hayashi
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Saitama Medical University, Iruma gun, Saitama, 350 0495, Japan
Pediatr Surg Int 27:9-16. 2011..If an alternative method of annihilating CSCs is found, it will greatly deter relapse and metastasis. We attempted to identify and separate CSCs in hepatoblastoma aiming to develop a new therapy for hepatoblastoma.
- Over-expression of SERPINB3 in hepatoblastoma: a possible insight into the genesis of this tumour?Cristian Turato
Istituto Oncologico Veneto IOV IRCCS, Padua, Italy
Eur J Cancer 48:1219-26. 2012..No information is available on SB3 in hepatoblastoma (HB)...
- Guidelines for surgical treatment of hepatoblastoma in the modern era--recommendations from the Childhood Liver Tumour Strategy Group of the International Society of Paediatric Oncology (SIOPEL)Piotr Czauderna
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Medical University of Gdansk, ul Nowe Ogrody 1 6, Gdansk 80 803, Poland
Eur J Cancer 41:1031-6. 2005Cisplatin-containing chemotherapy and complete surgical resection are both crucial in the cure of hepatoblastoma. Radical resection can be obtained either conventionally by partial hepatectomy or with orthotopic liver transplant, but the ..
- Selenium supplementation attenuates procollagen-1 and interleukin-8 production in fat-loaded human C3A hepatoblastoma cells treated with TGFbeta1Catriona Clarke
Clinical Biochemistry, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1800:611-8. 2010..The contributions of individual liver cell types to fibrogenesis remain controversial and the influence of selenium status has not been investigated...
- Small cell undifferentiated variant of hepatoblastoma: adverse clinical and molecular features similar to rhabdoid tumorsAngela D Trobaugh-Lotrario
Department of Hematology Oncology, Sacred Heart Children s Hospital, Spokane, Washington 99204, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 52:328-34. 2009Small cell undifferentiated (SCU) histology in patients with stage I hepatoblastoma (HB) predicts an increased risk of relapse. We sought to determine the significance of SCU histology in patients with unresectable HB.
- Activation of phosphatidylinositol-3'-kinase/AKT signaling is essential in hepatoblastoma survivalWolfgang Hartmann
Department of Pathology and Neuropathology, University of Bonn Medical Center, Sigmund Freud St 25, Bonn D 53105, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 15:4538-45. 2009b>Hepatoblastoma represents the most frequent malignant liver tumor in childhood...
- Mutational spectrum of beta-catenin, AXIN1, and AXIN2 in hepatocellular carcinomas and hepatoblastomasKen Taniguchi
Division of Experimental Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, MN 55905, USA
Oncogene 21:4863-71. 2002..signaling through beta-catenin mutations contributes to the development of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and hepatoblastoma (HB)...
- Successful treatment of childhood high-risk hepatoblastoma with dose-intensive multiagent chemotherapy and surgery: final results of the SIOPEL-3HR studyJozsef Zsiros
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Emma Children s Hospital Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 28:2584-90. 2010The primary objective was to determine the efficacy of a newly designed preoperative chemotherapy regimen in an attempt to improve the cure rate of children with high-risk hepatoblastoma.
- Cisplatin versus cisplatin plus doxorubicin for standard-risk hepatoblastomaGiorgio Perilongo
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital of Padua, Padua, Italy
N Engl J Med 361:1662-70. 2009Preoperative cisplatin alone may be as effective as cisplatin plus doxorubicin in standard-risk hepatoblastoma (a tumor involving three or fewer sectors of the liver that is associated with an alpha-fetoprotein level of >100 ng per ..
- Phase II trial of irinotecan in children with refractory solid tumors: a Children's Oncology Group StudyLisa R Bomgaars
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:4622-7. 2007..A phase II study was performed to determine the efficacy of irinotecan (IRN) in children with refractory solid tumors. Secondary objectives were to evaluate toxicity, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and UGT1A1 genotype...
- Oxidative stress induces p53-dependent apoptosis in hepatoblastoma cell through its nuclear translocationHideki Yamamoto
Division of Biochemistry, Chiba Cancer Center Research Institute, Chiba 260 8717, Japan
Genes Cells 12:461-71. 2007b>Hepatoblastoma (HBL) is the most common malignant liver tumor in children. Since tumor suppressor p53 is rarely mutated in HBL, it remains unknown whether p53 could contribute to the hepatocarcinogenesis...
- Tamoxifen cytotoxicity in hepatoblastoma cells stably transfected with human CYP3A4Adam Holownia
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Medical Academy at Bialystok, Waszyngtona 15A, 15 274 Bialystok, Poland
Biochem Pharmacol 67:1057-64. 2004....
- Successful therapy of subcutaneously growing human hepatoblastoma xenografts with topotecanS W Warmann
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Medical School Hannover, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Med Pediatr Oncol 37:449-54. 2001Human hepatoblastoma is an infrequent liver tumor in children...
- Small cell undifferentiated histology in hepatoblastoma may be unfavorableJ E Haas
Department of Pathology, The Children s Hospital and University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado 80218, USA
Cancer 92:3130-4. 2001Chemotherapy has improved the prognosis of hepatoblastoma demonstrably. It renders seemingly unresectable primary tumors amenable to surgery and can cure metastases...
- Alginate-encapsulated human hepatoblastoma cells in an extracorporeal perfusion system improve some systemic parameters of liver failure in a xenogeneic modelTony M Rahman
Center for Hepatology, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, UK
Artif Organs 28:476-82. 2004..Such encapsulated cells have the potential to be developed for extracorporeal liver support systems for acute liver failure...
- Liver hepatoblastoma and multiple OXPHOS deficiency in the follow-up of a patient with methylmalonic aciduriaM A Cosson
Metabolic Unit, Reference Center, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, University Paris Descartes, 149 rue de Sevres, 75009 Paris, France
Mol Genet Metab 95:107-9. 2008..A massive hepatoblastoma led to his death by the age of 11 years...
- Outcome of hepatoblastomas treated using the Japanese Study Group for Pediatric Liver Tumor (JPLT) protocol-2: report from the JPLTTomoro Hishiki
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chuo Ku, Chiba, 260 8677, Japan
Pediatr Surg Int 27:1-8. 2011..surgical resection with pre- and/or postoperative chemotherapy has markedly improved the survival rate of hepatoblastoma patients...
- Analysis of treatment outcome for children with recurrent or metastatic hepatoblastomaTadashi Matsunaga
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
Pediatr Surg Int 19:142-6. 2003For better total survival rate of children with hepatoblastoma, the therapeutic strategy for recurrent or metastatic hepatoblastoma should be improved...
- The effects of garlic-derived sulfur compounds on cell proliferation, caspase 3 activity, thiol levels and anaerobic sulfur metabolism in human hepatoblastoma HepG2 cellsMałgorzata Iciek
Medical College of Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
Cell Biochem Funct 30:198-204. 2012..It appears that sulfane sulfur containing DATS can be bioreduced in cancer cells to hydroperthiol that leads to H(2)O(2) generation, thereby influencing transmission of signals regulating cell proliferation and apoptosis...
- The epidemiology of hepatoblastomaLogan G Spector
Division of Epidemiology Clinical Research, Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 59:776-9. 2012Few causes of hepatoblastoma have been conclusively identified, mainly due to the extreme rarity of the disease...
- Genetics and epigenetics of hepatoblastomaGail E Tomlinson
Department of Pediatrics, Greehey Children s Cancer Research Institute, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 59:785-92. 2012A number of unique genetic features are observed in hepatoblastoma that have provided insights into the origins of hepatoblastoma...
- Engineered measles virus Edmonston strain used as a novel oncolytic viral system against human hepatoblastomaShu Cheng Zhang
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Major Laboratory of Chinese Health Ministry for Congenital Malformations, Shengjing Hospital of China Medical University, 36 Sanhao Street Heping District, Shenyang 110004, P R China
BMC Cancer 12:427. 2012b>Hepatoblastoma (HB) is the most common primary, malignant pediatric liver tumor in children. The treatment results for affected children have markedly improved in recent decades...
- Germline traits of human hepatoblastoma cells associated with growth and metastasisChunfang Liu
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Huashan Hospital, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai 200040, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 437:120-6. 2013..Here, we show that germline traits that are present in human hepatoblastoma cells might be associated with the malignant behaviors of these tumor cells...
- Resveratrol as a pan-HDAC inhibitor alters the acetylation status of histone [corrected] proteins in human-derived hepatoblastoma cellsSascha Venturelli
Department of Internal Medicine I, Medical University Hospital, Tuebingen, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e73097. 2013..Moreover, resveratrol may serve as a lead structure for chemical optimization of bioavailability, pharmacology or HDAC inhibition. ..
- Prognostic stratification for children with hepatoblastoma: the SIOPEL experienceRudolf Maibach
IBCSG Coordinating Center, Berne, Switzerland
Eur J Cancer 48:1543-9. 2012To identify factors relevant to long-term outcome in newly diagnosed hepatoblastoma, and define subgroups for clinical research on tailoring treatment to the individual patient.
- Multidrug resistance and cancer stem cells in neuroblastoma and hepatoblastomaAnna Alisi
Liver Research Unit, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, IRCCS, Rome 00165, Italy
Int J Mol Sci 14:24706-25. 2013..on clinical as well as experimental evidence of the relations between CSCs and MDR in neuroblastoma and hepatoblastoma. Finally, some novel approaches, such as concomitant targeting of multiple key transcription factors governing ..
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumor of the lesser omentum in a young adult patient with a history of hepatoblastoma: report of a caseRyuusuke Aihara
Department of General Surgical Science Surgery I, Graduate School of Medicine, Gunma University, 3 39 22 Showamachi, Maebashi, Gunma 371 8511, Japan
Surg Today 39:349-52. 2009..This report presents a case of GIST of the lesser omentum in a 22-year-old man with a history of hepatoblastoma. Computed tomography showed an abdominal mass about 30 mm in diameter adjacent to the lesser wall of the ..
- Treatment of unresectable and metastatic hepatoblastoma: a pediatric oncology group phase II studyHoward M Katzenstein
Department of Pediatrics and Surgery, Northwestern University and Children s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:3438-44. 2002..can be made resectable, event-free survival (EFS), and toxicity in children with unresectable or metastatic hepatoblastoma (HB) after sequential treatment with the following: (1) carboplatin (CARBO); (2) CARBO, vincristine, and ..
- [Differentiated treatment protocols for high- and standard-risk hepatoblastoma--an interim report of the German Liver Tumor Study HB99]B Haberle
Kinderchirurgische Abteilung, Universitätskinderspital beider Basel, Switzerland
Klin Padiatr 215:159-65. 2003Tumor-free survival from hepatoblastoma could be improved to 75 % of all patients by combining surgery with chemotherapy. This figure reaches 90 % for potentially resectable (SR, standard risk) tumors...
- Molecular cloning and expression of the gene for a major leucine-rich protein from human hepatoblastoma cells (HepG2)J Hou
W Alton Jones Cell Science Center, Inc, Lake Placid, New York 12946
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 30:111-4. 1994The human hepatoblastoma cell line, HepG2, exhibits an array of stable properties in culture that have made it a popular cell culture model for studies on regulation of liver-specific gene expression and properties of hepatoma cells...
- Apoptosis sensitizers enhance cytotoxicity in hepatoblastoma cellsJustus Lieber
Department of Pediatric Surgery and Pediatric Urology, University Children s Hospital, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 1, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Pediatr Surg Int 28:149-59. 2012Drug resistance remains a major challenge for the treatment of high-risk hepatoblastoma (HB). To enhance effectiveness of chemotherapy we modulate apoptosis in HB cells in vitro.
- Activation of beta-catenin in epithelial and mesenchymal hepatoblastomasY Wei
Unité de Recombinasion et Expression Génétique INSERM U163, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Oncogene 19:498-504. 2000..We have analysed the role of beta-catenin in the pathogenesis of hepatoblastoma (HB), an embryonic liver tumor occurring mainly in children under 2 years of age...
- Diagnostic and prognostic impact of beta-catenin alterations in pediatric liver tumorsHiroaki Yamaoka
Department of Surgery, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Oncol Rep 15:551-6. 2006b>Hepatoblastoma (HBL), a major childhood malignant neoplasm, represents the most frequent malignant liver tumor in childhood...
- Inhibition of Bcl-2 and Bcl-X enhances chemotherapy sensitivity in hepatoblastoma cellsJustus Lieber
Department of Pediatric Surgery, University Children s Hospital, Tubingen, Germany
Pediatr Blood Cancer 55:1089-95. 2010..In Hepatoblastoma (HB) apoptosis regulation contributes to resistance and therapy failure, therefore we modulated apoptosis ..
- MDR1 modulators improve the chemotherapy response of human hepatoblastoma to doxorubicin in vitroSteven Warmann
Department of Pediatric Surgery, University of Tubingen, Germany
J Pediatr Surg 37:1579-84. 2002..pump encoded by the MDR1 gene, plays an important role in the development of multidrug resistance in human hepatoblastoma (HB). Chemosensitizers antagonize the efflux action of P-glycoprotein...
- Relationships between perinatal and maternal characteristics and hepatoblastoma: a report from the UKCCSP Ansell
Leukaemia Research Fund Epidemiology and Genetics Unit, Department of Health Sciences, Seebohm Rowntree Building, University of York, York YO10 5DD, UK
Eur J Cancer 41:741-8. 2005..7% of mothers whose children developed hepatoblastoma compared with 0.5% of control pregnancies (OR=52.50, 95% CI=10.75-257.05, P<0.0001)...
- Parental smoking and childhood cancer: results from the United Kingdom Childhood Cancer StudyD Pang
Cancer Research UK, Paediatric and Familial Cancer Research Group, Royal Marsden Children s Hospital, Stancliffe, Manchester, UK
Br J Cancer 88:373-81. 2003..05). Among the diagnostic subgroups, a statistically significant increased risk of developing hepatoblastoma was found in children whose mothers smoked preconceptionally (OR=2.68, P=0...
- MicroRNA-492 is processed from the keratin 19 gene and up-regulated in metastatic hepatoblastomaJulia von Frowein
Children s Research Center, Division of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Dr von Hauner Children s Hospital, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Germany
Hepatology 53:833-42. 2011..Here we aimed to identify the functional contribution of miRNAs to the biology of hepatoblastoma (HB), the most common malignant liver tumor in childhood...
- Perinatal risk factors for hepatoblastomaL G Spector
Division of Epidemiology Clinical Research, Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, 420 Delaware Street, SE MMC 715, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Br J Cancer 98:1570-3. 2008We confirmed the strong association of hepatoblastoma with very low birth weight (relative risk <1000 g vs >or=2000 g=25.6; 95% confidence interval: 7.70-85...
- Liver transplantation for malignancyMartin Hertl
Massachusetts General Hospital Transplant Unit, 55 Fruit Street, Blake 655, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Oncologist 10:269-81. 2005..There is no controversy that hepatoblastoma is an excellent indication in pediatric patients with unresectable tumors...
- Randomized comparison of cisplatin/vincristine/fluorouracil and cisplatin/continuous infusion doxorubicin for treatment of pediatric hepatoblastoma: A report from the Children's Cancer Group and the Pediatric Oncology GroupJ A Ortega
Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital of Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Clin Oncol 18:2665-75. 2000..cisplatin, vincristine, and fluorouracil (regimen A) or cisplatin and continuous infusion doxorubicin (regimen B) improved survival in children with hepatoblastoma. The current trial is a randomized comparison of these two regimens.
- Induction of apoptosis in human hepatoblastoma cells by tetrandrine via caspase-dependent Bid cleavage and cytochrome c releaseSeon Hee Oh
College of Pharmacy, Wonkwang University, Iksan, Jeonbuk 570 749, South Korea
Biochem Pharmacol 66:725-31. 2003..alkaloid from the root of Stephania tetrandra, induces apoptosis in human T-cell lines, lung carcinoma and hepatoblastoma cells. However, the mechanisms by which tetrandrine inhibits tumor cell growth are poorly understood...
- Glibenclamide induces apoptosis through inhibition of cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) Cl(-) channels and intracellular Ca(2+) release in HepG2 human hepatoblastoma cellsJ A Kim
College of Pharmacy, Yeungnam University, Kyongsan, 712 749, Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 261:682-8. 1999..regulator (CFTR) Cl(-) channels, induced apoptosis in a dose- and time-dependent manner in HepG2 human hepatoblastoma cells...
- Hepatoblastoma with a low serum alpha-fetoprotein level at diagnosis: the SIOPEL group experienceMaretta De Ioris
Department of Paediatric Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39, rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif, France
Eur J Cancer 44:545-50. 2008To investigate the characteristics of patients with hepatoblastoma and low serum alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) at diagnosis.
- Sterol-regulatory-element-binding protein 2 and nuclear factor Y control human farnesyl diphosphate synthase expression and affect cell proliferation in hepatoblastoma cellsKenji Ishimoto
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, 1 6 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Biochem J 429:347-57. 2010..These results suggest that SREBP-2 and NF-Y are required to trigger cell proliferation through the induction of FDPS expression and that the pharmacological action of zoledronic acid is involved in this pathway...
- Development of a drug resistance model for hepatoblastomaCarmen Eicher
Department of Pediatric Surgery, University Children s Hospital, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 3, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Int J Oncol 38:447-54. 2011Multidrug resistance (MDR) is a major reason for poor treatment results in hepatoblastoma (HB). The objective of this study was to establish a drug resistance model for HB to analyse alternative treatment options in vitro...
- Effects of P-glycoprotein modulation on the chemotherapy of xenotransplanted human hepatoblastomaSteven W Warmann
Department of Pediatric Surgery, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 22:373-86. 2005Multidrug resistance (MDR) contributes to limited treatment results in human hepatoblastoma (HB). The MDR1 gene and its product P-glycoprotein (P-gP) has been identified as important factor in this development...
- P-glycoprotein modulation improves in vitro chemosensitivity in malignant pediatric liver tumorsSteven Warmann
Department of Pediatric Surgery, University of Tubingen, Hoppe Seyler Str 3, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Anticancer Res 23:4607-11. 2003..The P-glycoprotein (P-gP), which contributes to this phenomenon, has been potently antagonized in other tumors. Our aim was to investigate the influence of P-gP antagonizers on the chemotherapy of pediatric liver malignancies in vitro...
- Loss of imprinting of IGF2 correlates with hypermethylation of the H19 differentially methylated region in hepatoblastomaS Honda
Department of Cancer Diagnosis, Saitama Cancer Center, Research Institute for Clinical Oncology, 818 Komuro, Ina, Saitama 362 0806, Japan
Br J Cancer 99:1891-9. 2008IGF2, a maternally imprinted foetal growth factor gene, is implicated in many childhood tumours including hepatoblastoma (HB); however, the genetic and epigenetic alterations have not comprehensively been studied...
- Increased expression of the hedgehog signaling pathway in pediatric solid malignanciesTakaharu Oue
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Department of Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Pediatr Surg 45:387-92. 2010..The present study was undertaken to examine the expression of the Hh signaling pathway in various pediatric tumors to elucidate the role of Hh signaling in pediatric malignancies...
- Blocking the hedgehog pathway inhibits hepatoblastoma growthMelanie Eichenmüller
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Dr von Hauner Children s Hospital, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Federal Republic of Germany
Hepatology 49:482-90. 2009..In this study, we show that Hh signaling is activated in hepatoblastoma (HB), the most common liver tumor in childhood, with most occurrences before the age of 3 years...
- Subcutaneous and intrahepatic growth of human hepatoblastoma in immunodeficient miceJ Marco Schnater
Research Laboratory, Department of Pediatric Surgery, University Childrens Hospital Basel, Hebelstrasse 20, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
J Hepatol 45:377-86. 2006b>Hepatoblastoma is the most frequent malignant pediatric liver tumor. Approximately 25% of hepatoblastoma patients cannot be cured with current treatment protocols. Additional treatment options must, therefore, be developed...
- Hepatoblastoma imaging with gadoxetate disodium-enhanced MRI--typical, atypical, pre- and post-treatment evaluationArthur B Meyers
Department of Radiology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45219, USA
Pediatr Radiol 42:859-66. 2012..b>Hepatoblastoma is the most common primary hepatic malignancy of childhood...
- MicroRNA expression might predict prognosis of epithelial hepatoblastomaMónika Gyugos
2nd Department of Pathology, Semmelweis University, Ulloi ut 93, Budapest, 1091, Hungary
Virchows Arch 464:419-27. 2014b>Hepatoblastoma (HB) is the most common primary liver cancer in childhood. The fetal and mixed embryonal/fetal epithelial subtypes of HB differ not only in grade of differentiation but probably also in prognosis...
- Positron emission tomography in recurrent hepatoblastomaIsaac Philip
Department of Pediatric Surgery, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Locked Bag 4001, Westmead, NSW, 2145, Australia
Pediatr Surg Int 21:341-5. 2005Early detection of recurrent hepatoblastoma is not always possible with conventional imaging methods such as computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- BH3 mimetics reduce adhesion and migration of hepatoblastoma and hepatocellular carcinoma cellsFabian Vogt
Department of Pediatric Surgery and Urology, University Children s Hospital, Hoppe Seyler Str 3, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Exp Cell Res 319:1443-50. 2013..stages of tumour and development of metastases are the two major problems in treating liver tumours such as hepatoblastoma (HB) and hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), in paediatric patients...
- DLK1, a serum marker for hepatoblastoma in young infantsFarah A Falix
Pediatric Surgical Center of Amsterdam, Emma Children s Hospital AMC, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Pediatr Blood Cancer 59:743-5. 2012b>Hepatoblastoma is a malignant pediatric liver tumor...
- Clinicopathologic implication of hepatic progenitor cell marker expression in hepatoblastomaWoong Jae Yun
Department of Pathology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Pathol Res Pract 209:568-73. 2013Hepatic progenitor cells (HPCs) are thought to play a role in hepatoblastoma, as hepatoblastomas are characterized by an immature histology and a wide variety of cell lineages...
- High-dose chemotherapy in children with metastatic hepatoblastomaShin ichiro Nishimura
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Pediatr Int 44:300-5. 2002Despite the advent of effective chemotherapy,a poor prognosis has been reported for patients with metastatic hepatoblastoma. To improve this prognosis, we conducted high-dose chemotherapy with autologous bone marrow rescue in patients ..
- Topotecan is anti-angiogenic in experimental hepatoblastomaKimberly W McCrudden
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Children s Hospital of New York, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
J Pediatr Surg 37:857-61. 2002Advanced hepatoblastoma often is lethal despite current therapies, yet development of novel approaches has been hampered by the lack of biologically relevant models...
- Hepatoblastoma: recent developments in research and treatmentDietrich Von Schweinitz
Dr von Hauner Children s Hospital, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Semin Pediatr Surg 21:21-30. 2012b>Hepatoblastoma is the most common liver tumor of early childhood. According to recent studies its incidence seems to be increasing in North America and Europe...
- Hepatocyte growth factor protects hepatoblastoma cells from chemotherapy-induced apoptosis by AKT activationS Grotegut
Institute of Biochemistry and Genetics, Department of Biomedicine, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Int J Oncol 36:1261-7. 2010..In hepatoblastoma (HB), post-operative residual tumor growth and tumor recurrences are often associated with markedly elevated ..
- Diagnosis and staging of hepatoblastoma: imaging aspectsM Beth McCarville
Department of Radiological Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 59:793-9. 2012Imaging plays a pivotal role in the diagnosis and management of children with hepatoblastoma. However, the continuing evolution of imaging technologies and rarity of hepatoblastoma make validation of imaging approaches challenging...
- The BH3 mimetic ABT-737 increases treatment efficiency of paclitaxel against hepatoblastomaJustus Lieber
Department of Paediatric Surgery and Paediatric Urology, University Children s Hospital, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 1, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
BMC Cancer 11:362. 2011The primary goal of current chemotherapy in hepatoblastoma (HB) is reduction of tumour volume and vitality to enable complete surgical resection and reduce risk of recurrence or metastatic disease...
- Liver transplantation for malignant tumours in childrenL F Avila
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Pediatr Surg 16:411-4. 2006..The object of this study was to analyse our results with liver transplantation (LTX) for primitive malignant unresectable liver tumours in children and to discuss the controversial indications, based on our experience...
- Chemotherapeutic approaches for newly diagnosed hepatoblastoma: past, present, and future strategiesAngela D Trobaugh-Lotrario
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Sacred Heart Children s Hospital, Spokane, Washington 99204, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 59:809-12. 2012Surgical resection is the foundation of therapy in hepatoblastoma (HB), yet most patients have unresectable tumors at diagnosis...
- Novel Tween 20 derivatives enable the formation of efficient pH-sensitive drug delivery vehicles for human hepatoblastomaAndrea Masotti
Gene Expression Microarrays Laboratory, IRCCS Children s Hospital Bambino Gesù, 00165 Rome, Italy
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 20:3021-5. 2010..These derivatives form pH-sensitive vesicles and translocate small molecules into cells. The reported systems are efficient drug delivery systems for human hepatoblastoma cells.
- Intensified platinum therapy is an ineffective strategy for improving outcome in pediatric patients with advanced hepatoblastomaMarcio H Malogolowkin
Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Division of Hematology Oncology, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:2879-84. 2006..Results from this and other therapeutic trials suggested that cisplatin was the most active agent against hepatoblastoma. To increase the platinum dose-intensity, a novel regimen was developed alternating carboplatin and cisplatin (..
- Hepatoblastoma in a girl with biliary atresia: coincidence or co-incidenceF Taat
Pediatric Surgical Center of Amsterdam, Emma Children s Hospital, AMC, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Pediatr Blood Cancer 43:603-5. 2004b>Hepatoblastoma (HB) and biliary atresia (BA) are both rare conditions that occurred in the patient described. This is the second such case in the literature...
- Hepatoblastoma in a 4-year-old girl with Fanconi anaemiaSascha Kopic
Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital Salzburg, Austria
Acta Paediatr 100:780-3. 2011b>Hepatoblastoma was diagnosed in a 4-year-old girl receiving growth hormone substitution therapy for short stature...
- Hepatoblastoma presenting with lung metastases: treatment results of the first cooperative, prospective study of the International Society of Paediatric Oncology on childhood liver tumorsG Perilongo
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Cancer 89:1845-53. 2000The prognosis of children who are affected by hepatoblastoma (HB) that presents with lung metastases has always been considered very poor...
- Analysis of treatment efficiency of carboplatin and etoposide in combination with radical surgery in advanced and recurrent childhood hepatoblastoma: a report of the German Cooperative Pediatric Liver Tumor Study HB 89 and HB 94J Fuchs
Abteilung fur Kinderchirurgie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Klin Padiatr 211:305-9. 1999b>Hepatoblastoma (HB) is the most common liver tumor of childhood, and comprises approximately 1% of all pediatric malignancies...
- Two novel in vitro human hepatoblastoma models, HepU1 and HepU2, are highly characteristic of fetal-embryonal differentiation in hepatoblastomaStefanie Scheil
Institute of Pathology, University Hospitals of Ulm, Germany
Int J Cancer 105:347-52. 2003..comparative genomic hybridization (CGH), we present a genome-wide screening of a mixed mesenchymal-epithelial hepatoblastoma, its recurrence and 2 novel hepatoblastoma cell lines raised from the ascites, 18 (HepU1) and 23 (HepU2) ..
- Purification and characterization of Alpha-Fetoprotein from the human hepatoblastoma HepG2 cell line in serum-free mediumPatrizia Carlini
Department of Biology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Biometals 20:869-78. 2007..procedure by immobilized copper-chelate affinity chromatography using the culture medium from human hepatoblastoma cell line HepG2 grown in the absence of serum. This method yields AFP at high purity and high yield...
- Doxorubicin activates hepatitis B virus (HBV) replication in HBV-harboring hepatoblastoma cells. A possible novel mechanism of HBV reactivation in HBV carriers receiving systemic chemotherapyChih Hung Hsu
Department of Oncology, National Taiwan University Hospital, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Anticancer Res 24:3035-40. 2004..We hypothesized that mechanisms other than immunosuppression, such as direct stimulation of HBV replication by anticancer drugs, might be involved in this type of HBV reactivation...
- Prenatal diagnosis of fetal hepatoblastoma with a good neonatal outcome: case report and narrative literature reviewLi Chia Huang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, China Medical University Hospital, Taiching, Taiwan
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 28:150-4. 2011The authors report a case of congenital hepatoblastoma that was diagnosed in the antenatal period at 39 weeks' gestation. The infant was delivered vaginally without rupture of the tumor...
- CD155 is involved in NK-cell mediated lysis of human hepatoblastoma in vitroMatthias Pfeiffer
Department of Pediatric Oncology, University Children s Hospital Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
Front Biosci (Elite Ed) 3:1456-66. 2011..Until now, nothing is known about the NK-activity against hepatoblastoma and the involved receptors. We tested NK cells for cytotoxicity against HB in vitro...
- Treatment effects of the multikinase inhibitor sorafenib on hepatoblastoma cell lines and xenografts in NMRI-Foxn1 nu miceCarmen Eicher
Department of Pediatric Surgery and Urology, University Children s Hospital, Tuebingen, Germany
Liver Int 32:574-81. 2012Multidrug resistance is a major reason for poor treatment results in advanced hepatoblastoma (HB). Several alternative treatment options are currently under investigation to improve the prognosis of affected patients
- 6-dehydrogingerdione sensitizes human hepatoblastoma Hep G2 cells to TRAIL-induced apoptosis via reactive oxygen species-mediated increase of DR5Chung Yi Chen
Department of Medical Technology, Fooyin University, Ta Liao, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Agric Food Chem 58:5604-11. 2010..Zingiber officinale , and its mechanisms of sensitization to TRAIL-induced apoptosis were studied using human hepatoblastoma Hep G2 cells...
- Methylation changes in the human IGF2 p3 promoter parallel IGF2 expression in the primary tumor, established cell line, and xenograft of a human hepatoblastomaT Eriksson
Laboratory for Molecular Development and Tumor Biology, Experimental Alcohol and Drug Addicition Research Section, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, CMM, L8:01, Stockholm, S-171 76, Sweden
Exp Cell Res 270:88-95. 2001b>Hepatoblastoma (HB) is a rare malignant embryonal liver tumor...
- Differential expression of glutamine synthetase and cytochrome P450 isoforms in human hepatoblastomaAndreas Schmidt
Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Department of Toxicology, University of Tubingen, Wilhelmstr 56, 72074 Tubingen, Germany
Toxicology 281:7-14. 2011..Activating CTNNB1 mutations were frequent in hepatoblastoma (80%) and nephroblastoma (31%)...
- Acute tumor lysis syndrome in a 7-month-old with hepatoblastomaRachel S Bercovitz
Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, The Children s Hospital, 13123 East 16th Ave Box B115, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 22:113-6. 2010....
- Pediatric malignancies: neuroblastoma, Wilm's tumor, hepatoblastoma, rhabdomyosarcoma, and sacroccygeal teratomaKatherine P Davenport
Sheikh Zayed Institute for Pediatric Surgical Innovation, Children s National Medical Center, 111 Michigan Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Surg Clin North Am 92:745-67, x. 2012Common pediatric malignancies are reviewed: neuroblastoma, Wilms tumor, hepatoblastoma, rhabdomyosarcoma, and sacrococcygeal teratoma...
- Neonatal hepatoblastoma: two cases posing a diagnostic dilemma, with a review of the literatureAdel Sallam
Neonatal Perinatal Medicine Programme, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Am J Perinatol 22:413-9. 2005b>Hepatoblastoma accounts for less than 1% of all pediatric malignancies. However, it remains the most common malignant tumor of the liver in newborns. Less than 10% of hepatoblastoma cases are diagnosed in the neonatal period...
- Apoptosis induced in hepatoblastoma HepG2 cells by the proteasome inhibitor MG132 is associated with hydrogen peroxide production, expression of Bcl-XS and activation of caspase-3S Emanuele
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Section of Biochemistry, University of Palermo, Policlinico, Palermo, Italy
Int J Oncol 21:857-65. 2002..The remarkable differences in the effects induced by MG132 in Chang liver cells and HepG2 cells made us hypothesise the potential use of proteasome inhibitors in hepatocarcinoma therapy...
- Claudin-1 and claudin-2 differentiate fetal and embryonal components in human hepatoblastomaJudit Halasz
Second Department of Pathology, Semmelweis University, H 1091 Budapest, Hungary
Hum Pathol 37:555-61. 2006..The more aggressive, rapidly proliferating embryonal phenotype is associated with the decrease/loss of CLDN-1 and -2. However, there are no data indicating association with the nuclear translocation of beta-catenin...
- Defining hepatoblastoma responsiveness to induction therapy as measured by tumor volume and serum alpha-fetoprotein kineticsHarold N Lovvorn
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 9780, USA
J Pediatr Surg 45:121-8; discussion 129. 2010b>Hepatoblastoma is commonly unresectable at presentation, necessitating induction chemotherapy before definitive resection...
- Fine needle aspiration cytology of hepatoblastoma. Recognition of subtypes on cytomorphologyVenkateswaran K Iyer
Department of Pathology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Acta Cytol 49:355-64. 2005To delineate the cytomorphologic appearances of hepatoblastoma (HBL) in the largest series to date and to evaluate the feasibility of subtyping on fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC).
- Thrombopoietin stimulates migration and activates multiple signaling pathways in hepatoblastoma cellsRoberto G Romanelli
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna, University of Florence, Viale Morgagni, 85, I 50134 Florence, Italy
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 290:G120-8. 2006..We conclude that TPO exerts biological actions on cultured hepatoblastoma cells via activation of c-Mpl and its downstream signaling.
- Mixed hepatoblastoma in child. Case reportDaniela Iacob
3rd Pediatric Clinic, Iuliu Haţieganu UMF Cluj Napoca, str Campeni nr 2 4, Cluj Napoca, Romania Email
Med Ultrason 12:157-62. 2010b>Hepatoblastoma represents the child's most frequent malignant hepatic tumor. We present the case of a one-year old prematurely born patient with an abdominal mass. Ultrasound and CT scan demonstrated a solid hepatic tumor...
- Low-density lipoprotein nanoparticles as magnetic resonance imaging contrast agentsIan R Corbin
Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neoplasia 8:488-98. 2006..LDLs exhibited significant contrast enhancement 24 hours after administration in nude mice with human hepatoblastoma G2 xenografts...
- Liver transplantation for hepatoblastoma: indications and contraindications in the modern eraJean Bernard Otte
Department of Abdominal Organ Transplantation and Hepatobiliary Surgery, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Brussels, Belgium
Pediatr Transplant 9:557-65. 2005In the past 20 yr, a dramatic improvement has been achieved in the outcome of children with hepatoblastoma by combining cisplatin based chemotherapy and surgery...
- Efficacy of a polyurethane foam/spheroid artificial liver by using human hepatoblastoma cell line (Hep G2)J Fukuda
Department of Chemical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Cell Transplant 12:51-8. 2003We invesigated the availability of human hepatoblastoma cell line (Hep G2), compared with human primary hepatocytes (HH) and porcine primary hepatocytes (PH), as a cell source for the hybrid artificial liver support system (HALSS) by ..
- The tamoxifen-induced suppression of telomerase activity in the human hepatoblastoma cell line HepG2: a result of post-translational regulationSebastian Brandt
Department of Physiology, University of Bonn, Nussallee 11, Bonn, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 131:120-8. 2005..Results from studies on the human hepatoblastoma cell line HepG2 provide evidence that estrogen-receptor-alpha-independent antiproliferative actions of ..
- Sporadic childhood hepatoblastomas show activation of beta-catenin, mismatch repair defects and p53 mutationsMaria C Curia
Department of Oncology, University of Chieti Pescara, Chieti, Italy
Mod Pathol 21:7-14. 2008b>Hepatoblastoma, a rare embryonic tumor that may arise sporadically or in the context of hereditary syndromes (familial adenomatous polyposis and Beckwith-Wiedemann's) is the most frequent liver cancer of childhood...
- Outcomes of primary liver cancer in children: an appraisal of experienceTuan H Pham
Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Pediatr Surg 42:834-9. 2007b>Hepatoblastoma (HB) and hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) are the most common primary liver cancers in children. Recent advances in management of pediatric liver cancer have improved disease-specific survival (DSS)...
- Allelic loss but absence of mutations in the polyspecific transporter gene BWR1A on 11p15.5 in hepatoblastomaSteffen Albrecht
Department of Pathology, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Int J Cancer 111:627-32. 2004..frequent maternal allelic loss in embryonal tumors, including rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS), Wilms' tumor (WT) and hepatoblastoma (HB), consistent with the presence of at least one tumor suppressor gene in this region, which should be ..
- High frequency of beta-catenin mutations in hepatoblastomaY Udatsu
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Japan
Pediatr Surg Int 17:508-12. 2001b>Hepatoblastoma (HB) is an embryonic neoplasm representing the most frequent malignant liver tumour in childhood. Its tumourigenesis at the molecular level is still poorly understood, and candidate genes are yet to be identified...
- Assisted Reproductive Technology &Risk of Childhood CancerLogan G Spector; Fiscal Year: 2013..One study that focused specifically on hepatoblastoma found that use of infertility treatment or assisted reproduction was associated with a nine-fold increased ..
- Epigenetic profiling of hepatoblastoma tumors with respect to low birth weightJenny N Poynter; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Hepatoblastoma (HB) is a rare liver tumor, the incidence of which doubled between 1975 and 1999 in the United States...
- CITED1 nuclear localization and its role in Wilms'tumor pathogenesisHAROLD NEWTON LOVVORN; Fiscal Year: 2012..embryology and has applied these techniques to his studies ofthe embryonal malignancies, Wilms'tumor and hepatoblastoma. Dr. Loworn has worked closely with his Inspiring mentor, Dr...
- The Ron Receptor Tyrosine Kinase in Hepatic TumorigenesisMike A Leonis; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will be determined by analyzing both hepatoblastoma and hepatocellular carcinoma specimens for Ron receptor over-expression and -activation, and recruitment of ..
- TUMOR SUPPRESSORS AND IMPRINTING AT CHROMOSOME 11P155Michael Higgins; Fiscal Year: 2000..level of expression in fetal and adult liver and kidney making them candidates for tumor suppressors in hepatoblastoma and Wilms' tumor...
- METABOLISM AND CONTROL OF FATTY ACIDSSALIH WAKIL; Fiscal Year: 2000..because the enzyme has been isolated in a highly purified state from HepG2 cells, a well-differentiated human hepatoblastoma cell line. Also, the hFAS cDNA has been cloned and sequenced...
- Correlative Genetic Markers in Childhood HepatoblastomaGail Tomlinson; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Hepatoblastoma, the most common tumor of the liver in children, is characterized by specific chromosomal changes, the most ..
- A High Throughput Assay Targeting Beta Catenin and TCFDaniel Sussman; Fiscal Year: 2002..caused by mutations resulting in the stabilization of beta-catenin, including melanoma, esophageal, gastric, hepatoblastoma and medulloblastoma, as well as others...
- Isolation of a Human 11p11.2 Liver Tumor Suppressor GeneWilliam Coleman; Fiscal Year: 2007..Human chromosome 11 has been implicated in the pathogenesis of several human tumors, including hepatoblastoma and hepatocellular carcinoma, and is syntenic to rat chromosome 1, which is structurally altered in many rat ..
- Low birth weight & other risk factors for hepatoblastomaLOGAN SPECTOR; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Hepatoblastoma (HB) is a rare liver tumor, the incidence rate of which doubled between 1975 and 1999 in the U.S...
- EXTRACORPOREAL LIVER ASSIST DEVICEJames Kelly; Fiscal Year: 1993..C3A is a human liver cell line derived from an hepatoblastoma that retains most of the characteristics of the human hepatocyte...
- In-utero Exposure and Infant Loss of IGF2 ImprintingCathrine Hoyo; Fiscal Year: 2007..Patients with Wilm's tumor and hepatoblastoma have a higher prevalence of LOI in IGF2...
- REGULATION OF HEPATIC MEMBRANE GLYCOPROTEIN RECEPTORRICHARD STOCKERT; Fiscal Year: 2000..Enhanced expression of ASGR has been demonstrated during cGMP induction in a human derived hepatoblastoma cell line, HepG2...
- COPPER METABOLISM IN HUMAN HEPATOCYTE DERIVED CELL LINEIrmin Sternlieb; Fiscal Year: 1993..DNA sequencing studies and the role of metals in its regulation will be investigated in cell models of human hepatoblastoma cell lines...
- Beta-Catenin Signaling in HBxAg Mediated HCC.Mark A Feitelson; Fiscal Year: 2010..To identify some of these genes, HBxAg or vector were introduced into the human hepatoblastoma cell line, HepG2...
- REPLICATION AND ONCOGENICITY OF HBVGeorge Acs; Fiscal Year: 1990..However, we succeeded in transfecting HEP G2 cells, derived from a human hepatoblastoma, with HBV DNA...
- Early antibody markers of HCCMark Feitelson; Fiscal Year: 2009..To identify some of these genes, HBxAg or vector were introduced into the human hepatoblastoma cell line, HepG2, and differentially expressed genes were identified by PCR select cDNA subtraction...
- Serum Markers of Angiogenesis in von Hippel-Lindau Dise*Gail Tomlinson; Fiscal Year: 2005..The establishment of a VHL registry in North Texas will also place us in an excellent position to develop clinical protocols aimed towards early detection of lesions in VHL patients. ..
- STEM CELLS AND HEPATOCARCINOGENESISStewart Sell; Fiscal Year: 2009..Knowledge of the cellular origin of cancer is critical for understanding how cancer evolves and for developing prevention strategies. ..
- CONTROL SELECTION METHODS FOR CHILDHOOD CANCER STUDIESGreta Bunin; Fiscal Year: 2009..A feasible and valid control group is needed to ensure that studies of childhood cancer are scientifically valid and therefore, will provide results that can eventually lead to prevention of these cancers. ..
- PEDIATRIC BRAIN TUMOR RESEARCH CENTERSusan Blaney; Fiscal Year: 2003..It offers leadership in the development of new agents, in new uses of sophisticated radiotherapy, and in the application of new approaches to brain tumor therapy. ..
- PATERNAL EXPOSURE AND SPORADIC BILATERAL RETINOBLASTOMAGreta Bunin; Fiscal Year: 2005..Sporadic heritable RBL is a childhood cancer worth studying in its own right and an ideal model for the investigation of new germline mutation. ..
- THE NATURAL HISTORY OF HEREDITARY BREAST CANCERSteven Narod; Fiscal Year: 2002..We will compare survival rates for BRCA1 and BRCA2 carriers separately. We will also study the influence of BRCA1/BRCA2 mutations in the subgroup of lymph-node negative breast cancers. ..
- AFB1 AND P53 CARCINOGENESIS IN HBSAG TRANSGENIC MICEStewart Sell; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies should lead to an understanding of how each of these risk factors affect hepatocyte proliferation and how these effects contribute to AFB1 hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Biogenesis of Apolipoprotein B-Containing LipoproteinsNassrin Dashti; Fiscal Year: 2009..This will be accomplished by site- directed mutagenesis of residues critical for the structural competence of the beta barrel and binding to MTP. ..
- HPV ETIOLOGY OF A SUBSET OF HEAD AND NECK CANCERSKeerti Shah; Fiscal Year: 2004..If HPV etiology is established for a subset of HNSCC, patients with these tumors may benefit from HPV-specific immunotherapies which are being evaluated for the treatment of invasive cervical cancer. ..
- Occupational Pesticide Exposure of Parents and Brain Tumor Risk in ChildrenGreta Bunin; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed study will provide information on the usefulness of these approaches. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Exposure Insights Using GIS in a Case-Control StudyPeggy Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- TARGETED GENE DELIVERY AND EXPRESSION IN HEPATOCYTESGeorge Wu; Fiscal Year: 2005..Efficacy of long-term inhibition of HBV gene expression and replication, and evidence of selective survival advantage of cells bearing integrated antiviral genes will be determined over the time course, and optimal agents compared. ..
- HEPTOCYTE PROLIFERATION AND AFLATOXIN METABOLISMStewart Sell; Fiscal Year: 2004..the effect Of HBV associated injury and AFB I hepatocarcinogensis in these mice. In Specific Aim 3, the effect of HBV associated injury and AFB1 hepatocarcinogenesis in these mice will be examined. ..
- Novel model of HCV infection of humanized liver in immunocompetent ratsGeorge Wu; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- STEM CELLS AND AGINGStewart Sell; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of these experiments should provide critical proof for one of the most important hypothetical properties of adult stem cells. ..
- Multifunctional low-density lipoprotein nanoplatformsGang Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Novel HBV Therapeutic with Potential for Treatment of Drug-Resistant InfectionAndrea Cuconati; Fiscal Year: 2008..At the end of the proposed project, the novel compound would be ready for large-scale Phase III clinical testing with hepatitis B patients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Gene Transfer to Facilitate Dose-Intensification in the Treatment of Pediatric B*Lars Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2007..We hypothesize this strategy will be well tolerated and allow for meaningful dose escalation through chemoprotection afforded by gene transfer into hematopoietic stem cells. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DIFFERENTIATION OF BLOOD STEM CELLS INTO LIVER CELLSStewart Sell; Fiscal Year: 2005..If this project is successful, it would overcome a major hurdle in the possible use of hepatic stem cells for treatment of liver failure or ex vivo gene therapy. ..